Speaker 1: What's that at the bed? It's spooky. Hey, Joky, I'm pretty sure it's dead. It's coming this way. Wait a minute, I said, Nandas.
Speaker 2: Please Hey boo, it's me Ras and Welcome to Ghosted by Raz Hernandez, the podcast where I talk to people that I like about things that make me go.
Speaker 1: Peepy in my panties. Oh my god, I'm going to talk to can Boggle from the TV show Living for the Dead, which is now streaming, Oh my god, starting the eighteenth. Yeah, yeah, this episode is out after the show has come out. So did you like it? I mean, I've seen all of the episodes, and the first one that you see is the first one on our road trip. And I think that as the season goes on, you'll see that we really we all really get closer as friends and as teammates. And I think that that show just gets better and better and better each episode. So stick around, keep watching it. If you haven't finished it yet, tell your friends about it. We want shows like this to be made and to be successful. I mean, it's just so cool that we've got this all queer cast and having a great time. I mean, I get to be silly there's some moments on that show. I ate a lot of donuts. I ate a lot of donuts out of stress and fear while doing this show, And I kind of was thinking about talking about fear for just a moment here at the top of the show, because I'm like, I'm all about facing fears, and I know, I'm like, I'm definitely the most scaredy cat of everyone in this group on the show. But most of that for me is like, I don't know if you told me a really scary story about anything, if you were like, oh, this car that you're about to drive, sometimes the breaks don't work, I'm gonna be terrified. And that's how I felt a lot of the time when I went to these locations. It's like people telling me, just so you know, this place is incredibly haunted and there's ghosts that scratch you and slap you, and of course I'm gonna be terrified. Nonetheless, I'm skeptical of all this stuff. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, but it's scary. So this experience for me was just so much facing fear. And you know, I'm a big believer in like life starts when you leave your comfort zone, and I like to push myself to face fears. Actually, right before I left for the trip to do all these locations, I went on my first roller coaster at Disney's California Adventure, the one that goes upside down. What is it called the California Screaming Calvoria Screaming, and honey, I was California Screaming, But I did, and I had never been on something like that before, if you can believe it. So, I mean, like that, like stand up comedy, public speaking, like that kind of stuff scares the shit out of me. One of my biggest fears is sleeping in haunted locations. I've talked over the years. You've heard me talk about leaving in the middle of the night at some of these haunted places I've stayed. And with this, I'm like, I can't leave. I've I'm stuck here. And trust me, there was a few times when I was looking up on my phone other places to stay in the area, because I'm like, what if I could sneak out, maybe I could be back by the morning and they wouldn't know that you know that I've left.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 1: Actually wasn't any place to stay when we were in Bisbee, Arizona. That's the place when I was like literally looking, I found an Airbnb and then all the reviews were talking about how the place was haunted. I'm like, are you fucking kidding me? No, Anyway, I had to stay all night in these haunted places, never once slept. Sometimes I would sleep in the morning or during the daytime if I had time to. But when you watch those episodes, I had not slept sometimes for three days in a row. Not every episode, but like the Clown Motel, the one in Bisbee, Arizona, the Lamp Mansion, the Scottsdale one, which was the mansion that we stayed out that is haunted, that one I did sleep. I was scared at first, but then eventually I slept because I think the bed was just so comfortable, and I don't know. I was pretty convinced early on that I had figured out what was going on with the I don't want to ruin it, but I feel like I figured it out. I figured out that these ghosts were not going to be messing with me. But anyway, I also one of my biggest fears, as crazy as it might be to believe, I would say my number one fear, which is very strange, but it's a unique fear that I've had for years now performing in Los Angeles and being around so many people that leave to go be on TV or whatever. I've just I knew that eventually I would be doing what I love to do, make people laugh, perform all of it on TV or in some kind of bigger on some kind of bigger platform, to the point where it's like kind of out of my control. Like when I perform like locally and smaller venues, I feel like I can kind of control the situation a bit more. But I knew that, like one day, there's going to come a day where it's out of my hands, and that means that the haters are going to be out there. That means that my privacy is gonna go away. Like all of that stuff just has always scared the shit out of me, and I'm facing my fear, you know. When this opportunity for the show came up, I definitely was deep in therapy and preparing for something like that to happen at some point, And when I caught the call to do the show, I was like, all right, Like this is what I love. I love to make people laugh. I love the paranormal. I love putting queerness into the paranormal. I have to do this even though a lot of people are going to see it, and you know, it's just it's scary to me. It's really scary to me because I've spent so many years just just kind of a local comedian, drag queen whatever. And also like getting on this podcast network and I've gotten so many more listeners lately. That's really helped me to prepare for this, because the reception I've gotten from this podcast being on exactly right, and just all these new listeners you guys have like truly given me so much more confidence in that fear and made me feel like, Okay, all right, there's people that like this show. They like what I do. And I'm so grateful that there are really cool people that that did what I do. I don't know, I'm just I'm so grateful right now, I really am. But I'm facing fears. Speaking of therapy, one more thing, I'll say me and my very unique problems, I dedicated at least a full month, I would say, no, I would say two months. I dedicated in therapy to sleeping and haunted hotels. I do therapy over the phone video and I have a wonderful therapist. You know who you are. She sometimes listens to this show. I think, I don't know. I don't know if she does, but if you do, you know who you are. I was telling her, like, I have to sleep in all these haunted locations, and I don't like that. I have just like weird sleep things. I need to not be disturbed in the middle of the night, and sleep is my vulnerable time where I just can turn off and I don't have to be looking around every corner, you know, so that I don't get attacked or I have to deal with some bullshit, Like I just want to sleep and be peaceful. And I told her about how I'm going to be sleeping all these haunted locations. She goes, well, and she's done some ghost hunting of her own, and she goes, well, just listen, just be grateful that you don't have to sleep in the lamp Mansion. And I was like, bitch, our final episode is at the Lamp Mansion, and yes, I do have to sleep there. So I spent the entire time I was doing this show, once a week on doing sessions with my therapist and we were just like working so hard on sleeping and haunted places thing. And yeah, it turns out I had to go to the let mansion and she really helped me through it. So I'm a big, big fan of therapy. Take care of the inside of you know, your brain, as much as you can. It's so important. I'm just feeling a lot of gratitude right now, guys. I'm sorry. Okay, We're gonna talk to someone that I'm not afraid of. The one and only can Boggle And with the show, I am now joined by my uncle, my dear uncle Ken Boggle. Hello, you really are an uncle.
Speaker 3: I am Uncle Ken. I've realized that I was never going to have children, so I was never going to be a daddy traditionally, right, So I'm just I have adopted a ton of nieces and nephews and they all call me Uncle Ken because I'm always tying up shoelaces or holding doors open, or wapping somebody's snotty nose, helping you down a stoop. You know, I'm just that's what I do. I should have been on full House, I think, you know, before they went nuts, I should have been on Full House. I could have been an uncle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely. On the TV show Living for the Dad, which starts streaming on Hulu the eighteenth of October. You're the uncle of the group for sure.
Speaker 3: That makes me so incredibly happy. You have no idea how much that means to me, because, like I've realized last night that I have actually been sad after we wrapped because I've not had enough of you all in my life. Such a bummer.
Speaker 1: Oh, because you are in Canentucky, Kentucky. Yeah, like Colonel Sanders.
Speaker 3: That famous recipes.
Speaker 1: Is original or extra crispy with you?
Speaker 3: Now, look I am. I am extra crispy. I've never undercook anything. It is extra crispy over my place.
Speaker 1: I want to say before we get too far into this, and please don't tell the others I said this. Okay, you are my favorite person in this cast.
Speaker 3: Raul's It's complete and total BS now I know it.
Speaker 1: No, it's not. How dare you?
Speaker 3: I mean I think you would. I think you would be there for all of us individual and you love us all totally. I totally believe that. But I think your favorite and I'm gonna I'm gonna put your on blast. I think your favorites Juju. I see the way you look at Juju.
Speaker 1: Sis I love Juju. I mean, Juju is like just a work of art. Yeah, she's just so gorgeous. Yeah, but she's also somebody that is so powerful, and I'm like, I'm never worried about her, Like I'm just not. She's just so powerful. And I mean I really think that she she brings me so much comfort when we went to like all those spooky ass places where I'm like, Juju will save us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I counted twice. Actually three, there's three times that you call out specifically to Juju when you get spooked and scared.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, Doug, yeah, we got a demon.
Speaker 3: We got a demon. Come on downhill.
Speaker 1: You know, let's talk about demons for a second, because you talk about that on the show, and I do talk about it, but I kind of I don't know if it comes off this way when you watch it. But I think people that listened to this podcast would know that I'm very skeptical of all things paranormal, and I don't even know where I'm at on demons. To be honest, I don't know if I believe that that's a real thing. If it's in the biblical sense or whatever. I don't know. I do think there's dark energies in this world, but it seems like you're really like a believer in this idea of demons, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So for me, I grew up Christian, but I converted to Buddhist twelve years twelve years ago last month, and in that I've discovered that demon is a term that's used in both my interest in the other theological paths or spiritual paths in which they're mentioned kicked in. So I started kind of you know how I am, I get obsessed with and start red stringing, and yeah, they'reing like all all kinds of different spiritual or religious paths. I myself think that not only are there demons and devils in our spiritual lives, but I think that they're also fully embodied in the physical form, in flesh and blood. I think anytime someone steals your light, anytimes someone steals your joy or your life power, you know, your light, I think it's easy to say that that's a demon that you have to struggle with. I also think that it's one of those things from one of your earlier podcasts that you had mentioned about addiction and how people say I have to wrestle with my demons. I do think that addiction ties into that. I have seen people be totally possessed and certain rituals done in different many different religions, and they'd be completely different people. Whether it's psychosomatic or not doesn't matter to that individual who just got their life back.
Speaker 1: You know, Wait, when you say you've seen people be possessed, like, are you talking like literally you've seen them? Like there's a demon inside of a human.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, I don't often tell the story, but even I myself have a story of possession.
Speaker 1: Tell me, tell me, okay.
Speaker 3: So it goes like this. When I was fifteen, I met this twenty one year old guy. My parents fodout I was gay and they kicked me out right. So I was homeless at fifteen. So I shack up with this guy. And he was big, beautiful blue eyes, and we were all great and groovy. And he used to take me around when somebody would say, hey, I want to do a reading with Ken, or can Ken come over and like check out my new place or these other things, so he would take me. He took me to this house. It was like a Sunday evening and I did a walk through, and as I walked through, I picked up that there was an inhuman entity that was very, very heavy and dark. No big deal. Came back home. We laid it down in bed later that evening and I started to become restless and I felt like there was something else in the room. And I opened my eyes and there was a dark figure that was suspended from the ceiling, kind of haunched, like attached to the ceiling, kind of like a spider man sort of move.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, but its.
Speaker 3: Head was turned toward me.
Speaker 1: Stop again, it's scary.
Speaker 3: His head was turned toward me, I say, he because it felt definitely masculine. I've never felt a feminine energy that evil before. And when it noticed that I noticed it, it slid down the wall, up the floor and came to the foot of the bed and just hovered. I started to panic. And then that's when it went under the sheets, which I could see the energy coming up through sheets, and it went up through my legs, up through my spine. I felt as if somebody had grabbed a hold of my spine. This is when stop. This is when I start to lose touch and it's explained to me that like a rollercoaster that goes clink by clink, as it kind of just kind of rolls up, that my spine did the same thing. No, my partner, who was in bed with me, said that my he was like, it was like a whip, that my back just went vertebrate vertebrate up until I was straight sitting in bed, and then he said, I twisted. You were straight for a minute. Oh yeah, you knew that. Back when Clinton was in office, I was doing women all the time. So he says at this point that I turned at my hips and that I went like a great deep sigh, and he said that it was so ice cold that it sent chills through him. I whipped around, and when I whipped around, I came to myself, and that's when I felt what felt like hands wrapped around my spine and they started whipping me. My body went forward and threw back like exactly what you've seen on the Exorcist. Stop and that I went straight back up, twisted again and giggled, and then I came back to myself in tears, in absolute tears. He had a grandmother who was very active in the local church she's no longer with us, bless her, May she rest in peace. But she came over with some folks and they anointed me with holy oil and anointed the house. And that's just one of the things that I've seen like that.
Speaker 1: Wait, so the holy oil, it took care of it and never came back again, and never.
Speaker 3: No it rears. It's like we had on occasion. I feel like, once it got to know me, it hovers. And that's the one line that you've not seen me draw. And it almost happened in the series Living for the Dead. It almost happened at a particular location, but Juju kind of prayed over me and it pushed it further back. I didn't say anything to her about it. I didn't say anything to anybody, but I was very close to that same place, that horrifically scary, dark and cold place that I was in one of the episodes.
Speaker 1: Wait, so you have a demon that's just hanging out looking at you at all times.
Speaker 3: I don't think that he's around all the time. I think that he comes around occasionally. I've since then, meant two other non human entities that I've expelled from people's houses. The others I've seen in church.
Speaker 1: You've seen in church? Yeah, what are they doing in there? I feel like that's they're not supposed to be in there.
Speaker 3: There was a man who walked naked into a church in southeastern Kentucky, completely off his gourd. They had to deliver him from this evil attachment, like on the spot that Sunday in front of everybody, you know. And I was there when an elderly woman had to be pinned down by the I think it was for guys in a couple of ladies.
Speaker 1: She was like, rage, Oh my god, super granny.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It wasn't even like a super exorcism, like a legit exorcism. They call it a deliverance. It was a deliverance.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Ken, I feel like you have a thousand stories because how long have you been in this world in the other world?
Speaker 3: Thirty one years?
Speaker 1: Thirty one years? Yeah, okay, how did it start?
Speaker 3: So I'd always been different. I could always tell you who was on the telephone before they would call, or when the phone would ring. And this is before colorad D when we had one phone that was attached to the kitchen wall with a long court ha you know, back then, like I would just know things, and I would be able to interpret dreams. I couldn't see auras and things anyway. It really started in earnest like I was eight and we had moved into this house. The house was a split level and in the backyard some distance away was one of the oldest cemeteries that I've ever seen in my life, to the point where some of the tombstones were basically just whittled down rocks. When I lived there, I lived on the same level as the cemetery, so we were only yards apart. At night. Every night when we moved in there, I would hear the sound of someone walking but their leg something was wrong with one of their legs, and I would hear step, step step. It would come to the edge of my room, and I would immediately become panicked. And my bed was set up so that I just looked to the right and there was the doorframe, and I looked to the right, and every time I heard that sound, and it got and it got close. I'm getting emotional, but because it was so horrific roth, I would look to the right and this old man would turn his head and look into the room at me, and I knew that he saw me, and he knew I saw him, And then he would walk in, and then three three other women would walk behind him, and they all gathered around my bed, and they all came within inches of my face, and they weren't visibly screaming, but there was anger and there was hatred, like you could you know, when somebody is in your like in your face and they're really super closed and you you ei they're angry. They don't have to say a word, you just feel it, right. And I couldn't breathe and I couldn't breathe, and I'd scream and crying. One day, I was chased up the staircase by this male spirit who was just on me, all over me. It was horrific. And I finally went to my granny's house for the weekend, and she said, ken, Junior, do you look like shit? This is Granny's way of saying, what's wrong? Annie? I love you, you know. She smoked her owl cigarettes and red dirty books, you know, like Granny was just like, you look like shit, very clorous, Leechmann kind of. So I just broke down and cried and told her, and she said, honey, don't tell anybody else in the family, because you know how your daddy is. He was a religious zealot. And she said, if he finds out, you know what he'll do. And I said, I know, And she said, so Granny will help you through it, and I'll teach you how to do what it is I do, and I'll keep you safe and you'll you'll start sleeping again. So that started a series of weekend visits with Granny that I learned how to discern properly between good and evil. I learned how to engage safely with spirit. I learned how to read poems. I learned how to read nature. I learned what herbs do what. Since then that information is left. But she used to take me on nature walks and she would explain spirit to me and explain nature to me, and how they're inseparable and how we are inseparable, and.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I mean, was she a witch or did she not use that term or what would you say?
Speaker 3: She would have never used that term to Granny. It was just southern. This is what southern women do. You know, you're a granny who lives up in the mountains and you make tintures when somebody gets bit by a snake. You make tintres when somebody gets stung behind me. It was she was just an Appalachian grainy witch, That's what she was. But she would have never said the word witch, not ever. No, yeah, yeah, but anyway, that was thirty one years ago.
Speaker 1: This is high praise coming from me, Okay, because of the people I know. You're the most dramatic human being.
Speaker 3: You are cute me.
Speaker 1: The other day you go ross. You are funnier than Lucille.
Speaker 3: You are funnier than Lucille Ball.
Speaker 1: Okay, you can't say that, the hell I can.
Speaker 3: I just did.
Speaker 1: Well. I will say you are such a generous laugher. I'm around comedians a lot, and you know it's hard to get a laugh out of a comedian, and you are such a generous laugher that you certainly make me feel funny. And I appreciate that always.
Speaker 3: I'll do that always, as long as you'll have me.
Speaker 1: And this is why I say you're my favorite in the show. Don't tell the.
Speaker 3: Album well secrets safe with me, babe.
Speaker 1: So you also are a tarot reader and you gave me no listen. You don't know how many funky girls with a Deck of Cards I have met in my life. I've had a lot of readings in this town of Los Angeles, and I've had some very good ones. My friend Lindsey Cooperman is amazing. I'll just say right now. Upcoming guest Rachel True, one of the stars of the movie The Craft. She's an amazing tarot reader, and she got me good. Ken, you got me good. I think it was the first night of our experience. We were in the Clown Motel and we had a slumber party. You and I yeah, platonic yeo, and you were generous enough to pull out the deck of Cards and gave me a reading. Charged me a couple hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Oh, Roz, I did not, Roz, Hernandez don't.
Speaker 1: I'm kidding. I'm kidding. It was on the House, the Haunted House, and it was good. You did a spread that you called the Mirror. Yeah, I remember that. Let's just talk about Taro for a second, because I think every single episode you give a tarot reading to somebody that is affected by these hauntings, and you definitely get people good. When did the tarot start?
Speaker 3: So Taro started thirty one years ago, So the same.
Speaker 1: Time did your granny teach you how to do it?
Speaker 3: My aunt Caroline came over with the deck of poker cards, like you know, the bicycle deck, okay, And I came went back to Granny's and said, oh look what I can do. You know, I can tell your fortune with the poker cards. And she said, that's cute. Do what big men do and do Tarot is what she called it, tarot tar it. Yeah, my Welsh friends call it tarot as well as a matter of fact. But anyway, she said, here's twenty bucks. We'll go down to the bookstore and we'll get you a deck of tarot cards. And she said, I'm going to pick up a new book anyway, and she had something with Fabio on the cover and his hair was all whipping back. I marched out very secretly with this little Alice in Wonderland deck because I knew if I'd been caught, our friendship of the spiritual journey would be over Grainy and Ie. So I just I started using them then, and since then there's not much I can't do with the deck of cards. Not much. I even use them in my mediumship readings. In my psychic work, I used tarot for all of it.
Speaker 1: You did something to me where you were like, is this true? And I said something to you again at my skeptical self where I'm like, how often is this true? And you're like always, Or you said something where you were like, this has never been wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the mirror is never wrong.
Speaker 1: Ever, I couldn't believe it. It was so specific. And that's the thing, Like, you know, I have a lot of thoughts in psychics and tarot and everything, but some people can interpret the tarot in such an intuitive way. That is from my experience otherworldly. And I definitely have seen your psychic abilities. I don't know that on the TV show we see a ton of your like medium abilities, but you have a lot of that too.
Speaker 3: I think, like everybody in the world is born with an inherent intuitive gift. I think eventually science will prove it as an evolutionary trait. And in my psychic development classes that I teach, I bring that up first. We are all psychic to some degree, and it is evolutionary. Now, I always tell the same kind of anecdote that back in the day, way way back in the day, when we were all in the bush trying to gather a berry, we had to know if there was something in the dark stalking us. So we developed these things like without being able to see it, or without being able to hear at the hair standing up on the back of our necks goosebumps. We instinctively knew when to run, when to hide, when to play dead. Without Google, without YouTube. It was just an inherently and it's an intrinsic part of the human consciousness. And I hope, I hope that one day science will prove it as an evolutionary trait. I really do. But yeah, I've always been really really big about including tarot into that because the tarot gives me an extra layer of detail. I think Logan Taylor is the best medium I've ever seen, and I know a lot of mediums. He's in my top three. I would put him up there with some of the celebrities who are no longer with us. I think he's great. And so whenever a mediumship thing came up, I would probably make note of it, or a psychic thing would come to me and I would explain it a little bit, but I always backed up and said, but that's Logan's department. So like even in big readings, I would say, oh, I'm picking somebody up, and I would say, but that's Logan's department. Now that never made it in the show, but I try to stay in my lane.
Speaker 1: I've actually said this before in the show, like it would be so interesting to have multiple psychics in a location together and see like who picks up what, and like comparing notes that kind of a thing. Were there moments where Logan said something and You're like, yeah, that person was trying to talk to me too.
Speaker 3: No, what did happen though? And it happened in the Haunted Desert mansion in the Desert or Haunted Desert.
Speaker 1: The place in Scottsdale. Yeah, the mansion with me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, So it was the first time I'd ever done it. But Logan and I said in real time, side by side without speaking to each other, and he was doing his psychic readings and writing his answers down. I was doing my psychic tarot readings, writing my answers down, and they just complimented each other beautifully. The thing about psychics is you can get three in a room. You can get three psychics in a room. They're each one going to add a layer. If they're good, they'll each one add a layer of true truth or reality to it, or a level of detail to it that you might not get otherwise. One psychic cologne is wonderful, great and fantastic. But if you can get three together that really know what they're talking about and are really good at what they do, you can be astounded by the information that comes forward. And that's what it's like when I'm with Logan. Things that I would say that didn't make it on the show Patty at the Limp Mansion. I didn't say a word to Logan about what I felt in that reading, and he just nailed it, nailed it. When it's over, I always go to him and I hug him and I kiss him and I say, oh my god, boy, like that was the shit. Didn't say any of these things to him, and he would know it, and vice versa. He would never mentioned any of the things to me that he ever picked up, and we would kind of go back and forth. And then Juju being Juju was iconic and always finding out everything you know that she does with her shells and her inherent gifts, just amazing. Group.
Speaker 1: What are your psychic abilities?
Speaker 3: I try to keep it very general because I think like I'm pre cognitive and postcognitive. I'm clairvoyant, Claire sinting. Of course, there's impact, like there's all these different things. I'm a big dreamer. I've been studying and developing for thirty one years to the point where I just stopped labeling it.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Put me anywhere and I will get something. If something is there, I will pick something up. Yeah, so I don't really label them.
Speaker 1: Are you picking up anything for me?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yes, And your Emmy is on its way. Don't worry, Emmy, you're gonna win an Emmy because you're just gonna be the best community performance in a reality TV series.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's a category.
Speaker 3: No, no, it's not. And I've looked it up and googled it and I'm furious.
Speaker 1: Okay, why do you think that none of my dead people want to talk to me? Am I that annoying.
Speaker 3: I think it's like with my experience of those who have passed on, they don't want to talk to you. They don't want you to know that they're there. They don't want to disrupt you. They or they're at peace and they're trying to chill out and they're trying to rest and relax. I guess, or they do try to speak to you in your skeptic mind. The skeptic mind will sometimes explain away responses or will explain away experiences. Like I always explain to people when they're reading with me, you must be open. If you're not open to this, this will be an exercise and futility, like it will just be worthless. So it's nice to have a good, clear, open mind and to have a really good medium.
Speaker 1: I've had so many readings and stuff that I haven't even talked about on this podcast, but I've had world renowned mediums talk to me and I try to get them to talk to my dead people and never once.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they could just be very guarded. I've read for a woman. I've read for a woman once whose husband had been up to no good and he refused to speak to any medium she'd ever been to. And we were locked in this dark office that I had at the time, and I was doing a reading for her, and I got this overwhelming sense of secrets. And you know, when I feel like there's a secret, I got to sauce it out, you know. So we were in there for like an hour and then finally it hit me. I was like, your husband was cheating on you. And she was like, that's the first time anybody has ever even contacted him, and yes, I just found his telephone and saw all the messages and the website. With the website, yeah, she was like, he was telling me he was playing softball with the boys and he was out doing. And I was like, and the spirit said to me, actually he used the F word, you know, the other word for gays and queers. And he was very violently mad that I had said it and that I had discovered it. Some spirits don't want to talk. They don't want to communicate. They want the living being to be that and they're behind you. They're spiritually there to guard you and take care of you, but they don't interfere.
Speaker 1: Okay, I guess they won't be offended.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Ken. Let's just talk about it the TV show a little bit. Okay, what do you think?
Speaker 3: I am God's pickiest creature and when it comes to TV and I when it comes to TV.
Speaker 1: Your cuss I am I talk about You're so dramatic and I love it.
Speaker 3: I'm God's people, I love it.
Speaker 1: That's a compliment for.
Speaker 3: Me, and I thank you for that. I don't know any other way to be. I'm just a Southern dramatic queen. I think in my blouse and bowler, you know. Anyway. I watch a lot of television, specifically paranormal television, because, like you, a lot of my friends are on these shows. You know, a lot of them are are there and doing that work. And I've known a lot of them for a very long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And you're like big in that paranormal convention kind of world, like you do a lot of those events and all the paranormal stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I try to support my friends and watch and listen to their stuff. Some of it is amazing, and some of it makes it very clear to me as to what I will never do. I would create a subcategory of I watch paranormal television sometimes with people that I don't care for on it, like Zach Beggins Shots Fired. No, I'm just saying it's just not the way I would do it. He's not the one for me, but I'm sure I'm not the one for him. So from that, I've developed a pretty good taste as to what good paranormal television is and the reality of the show Living for the Dead is that it's not a paranormal television show. That's not what it is. This is a whole new category. This is like an eight part mini series about five friends in a tricked out, crazy RV that are going into situations to help the living by healing the dead. That's what it is. For me. From day one, I turned around and was like, we're not filming a paranormal television show. This is in no way what we're doing. And watching it as I have now, it's very clear to me that I've never seen something so beautiful. I've never seen anything so in touch, and I have not seen any paranormal television show that contributes to the conversation of life after death in the way that we've done our show. I just think it's remarkable. I've picked it apart and I have zero notes.
Speaker 1: Damn well. I think that from having so many years of watching those shows. It is interesting how having done one now it's such a different experience when you're in it. You know, I find myself a little bit less critical as time goes on of those shows now that I've done one, and i've I mean, those are not easy. No, they are not easy to make. They are emotionally exhausting. Yeah, Physically, there's just a lot going on. You know, some of these places that we went to, we're not the most comfortable places to be, like freezing cold. We did this in January, February, March, some of them you know, Midwest and whatever. Long hours, yeah, staying up all night. I feel a lot of empathy for the people that have done these shows, and now I think we are doing something different. Yeah, there's a lot of elements to this show that are not they have not been seen in other paranormal shows. Powerful moments with the people that are experiencing these horrors, some of the comedy that's in it. It's just like a very different kind of show.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I feel like it broke the mold. They said back in nineteen seventy three when The Exorcist was made, that it hit. It hit everybody in an individual way, completely different than it would hit someone else, you know, but that it hit And I think that's what this does. I mean, is it, you know, a great, big two hour movie. No, it's an eight hour movie and it is just dripping with reality and dripping with horror in real horror moments. I mean me in a clown motel. That's not I don't care for that. And it's a real panic that you see in my face, and I think it's gonna hit. I think it will hit, and for each person in an individual way, but it will still stand alone. Is the most groundbreaking paranormal television show that's been done to date.
Speaker 1: Drama, drama, What was the scariest place you went to?
Speaker 3: Okay, scary in like the physical surroundings clown motel?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, and again I'm trying not to take offense to that because my father is a professional clown.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was a professional clown as a child. I love clowns.
Speaker 3: Since the show, though, you'll be proud of me. The other night, I said and watched Stephen King's h the whole way through. Didn't even I mean I flinched. I got up sometimes to go to you know, get a piece of pizza or Cavadaiko.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you act think that's a horror movie. That is a sweet movie about a clown trying to trying to bond with some children in a very innocent way.
Speaker 3: Yes, let's rip another arm off Georgie and see how that it's horrific.
Speaker 1: That's how some clowns say, Hi, you have to understand you're talking about my culture here, this is my heritage.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry, Ross. Please accept my apologies.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I didn't mean to be insensitive. I will just say that that I'm working on it and I am developing a I'm growing period. I'm growing, thank you, spiritually or like pureanormally. The scariest place that we were in had to be the Copper Queen.
Speaker 1: Same.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was horrific, but I'm really bummed out there wasn't a camera there when I came to knock on your door one night.
Speaker 1: Let's tell the story.
Speaker 3: You tell it.
Speaker 1: In total defense of the entire team that worked on the show. We shot so many hours and there's five of us, and there's so many things that went on, so you know you're not gonna always see every single moment, right, But this night in particular was so fucking scary. Basically, long story short, CJ and I were fucking terrified after just non stop dread. That's the only word that ever came to mind when I was at the Copper Queen in Bisbee, Arizona. Dread, just non stop paranormal activity, and that's coming from again someone that doesn't always think everything's a ghost. We were so scared because we were staying on the haunted floor and CJ was keeping me company because I could not sleep, and CJ was also terrified. We are in my room with the door shut, terrified, and then all of a sudden, we hear what and CJ looks at me and he goes, someone just said your name, CJ. They said okay, and CJ and I literally run into the bathroom of my hotel room. We open up the shower that has a curtain and we go into the shower fit the curtain clothes because we were so scared, and then we realized that it was you.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry I was staying in that bedroom with that demon and I couldn't sleep because of the trigger object kept going off, and I wanted to get with somebody so I wasn't alone. I got out of the room, went down the hall and kind of scurried by all the doors just to see if I could hear anybody. Then I heard you and Siege and I was like, oh my god, they're in there, and so I just tapped. I was just like I was like froze, and then and then I said CEJ and then like I heard like bodies slapping together. And then I heard what sounded like somebody dropped an armful of frozen turkey in a I literally twited. I was like a lot of good of help. They are like what a load of help? I literally could not get over it sounded like somebody threw an armful of frozen turkeys in a bathtub just in panic.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, we were an armful of frozen turkeys of that moment. We were so scared because other unexplainable things that didn't have an explanation that were I believe to be paranormal happened in that night. And I remember there was like crazy when that night and my shutters were literally like coming off the wall and banging back.
Speaker 3: It was just dread Yeah, that is a palpable feeling from the Copper Queen. It is dreadful, and it's so heavy and dark. And to find out I was sleeping in a bedroom where something very tragic had happened. I yeah, I couldn't. I couldn't period. I just could not period. And there and went to go look for my friends and they're just all shacked up in a room having the ki ky of their lives. Yeah, I'm moments from pissing myself, like, can somebody let me in, Alex. Finally we got together and we ended up watching old British television in my bedroom, like we've got a different room, and we just spent the night cuddled up, and I was like, thank you for being here.
Speaker 1: You're so lucky that we didn't open the door and me with that high heel, I didn't just kick you right in the fucking face, because that is my reaction. If I would have had a super soaker filled with holy water, you would have gotten it. You would have been blasted into the next dimension. Now I realize that next season I'm gonna have one of those, just to be safe.
Speaker 3: Just in case Kin comes knocking around in season two?
Speaker 1: Ken, do you want to hear some ghost voices?
Speaker 3: I have waited for you to ask me that question for the longest time.
Speaker 1: Yes, please, it's time for evp or ev pase. All right, Ken, as a listener of this show, you already know this. But for anyone new around here, what I do is I go to the internet. I find alleged ghost voices people believe they've captured a ghost saying some shit. I'm gonna play them for you, okay, and I want you to tell me what you hear. Then I'll give you a couple of options, one of them being the correct answer of what the ghost hunter believes the ghost is saying. This first EVP was posted by pisted Ghost. That's their name on YouTube. It's actually PIST Ghost. It stands for Paranormal Investigation Society of Tennessee.
Speaker 4: Okay, Pissed Ghosts.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 4: I love that this was recorded at the Waverly Hills a Atorium, which is a place that you and I went to on the TV show What is this ghost?
Speaker 1: Saying? It's a faint voice. It kind of sounds like a parrot, might be a cockatoo that someone brought with them ghost hunting. A lot of background noise. But let's listen again. Yeah, let me try it again. Any guesses?
Speaker 3: No, I don't have any guesses. Off hid It's so faint, isn't it. It's like the front noise is so hard to hear past. What are the options?
Speaker 1: Okay? Is it a calling doctor Marcus? Is it b I got my doc.
Speaker 3: Martin's okay, which I wore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is it C, I'm not your mother, or is it D I'm not can Boggle, which is something that only can Boggle would say. So I'm not convinced entirely that you weren't there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's actually I don't think any of them. But I thought it said it's not what you're here for.
Speaker 1: Oh well that is not an option, So I'm going to go with D i Am not kim Boggle. They believe it's a calling doctor Marcus. Let me play it again.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: They think it's like over a pa kind of like the ghost of which is possible. Maybe there was a doctor Marcus. That it is an old tuberculosis sanatorium.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The idea that it's coming from a pa is is very kind of poignant. I can get with that.
Speaker 1: I think it's coming from a pa are our ot. I really think that that is a macaw that flew by and said I'm not your mother. Okay, here's another one. This was posted on YouTube by mister Tenacious One, and this is just a random one. I apologize there's not really much connection here, okay, but this is at Union Station in Ogden, Utah. What is this gousseeg cabboggle A more whispery one? Yeah, it sounds like a whisper of somebody right next to an ac unit. All right, let's play it again. Any guesses? No, no guesses, let me play it again. Nothing. No, you don't got no gas?
Speaker 3: No guess?
Speaker 1: All right? Is it A? What bands don't you like? Is it B? Is that what you like? Is it C I tried to touch the light or D my pants are too tight?
Speaker 3: I think it's B.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's B? Which is is that what you like? Yeah, they believe it's C. I tried to touch the light.
Speaker 3: Oh, let's hear it again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hear that.
Speaker 3: I think we should have also had E. Let's just be friends.
Speaker 1: I think you're confusing that with what I've said to you multiple times.
Speaker 3: Stop, we can still be friends. That's what that goes to, saying we can still be friends.
Speaker 1: Can you have told me that you're deeply, madly in love with me? That's another thing that you've said to me.
Speaker 3: It is absolutely true. I feel like we're the best thing since divorced Sonny and Share.
Speaker 1: You know, we kind of look like them a little bit. We do in some crazy way.
Speaker 3: Next Halloween, next hall a queen party we throw. We gotta be Sonny and Share. I will shave my beard for that.
Speaker 1: Ooh, I would love to be sure for Halloween. Speaking of me, what was your favorite moment with me when we shot the TV show?
Speaker 3: I have three favorite moments. I'll do them really quick because I no, we only have an hour and I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: Three listen. If it's about me, we have time. Keep them coming.
Speaker 3: It's okay, okay, cheers. One when you pushed me down to get away from the demon.
Speaker 1: Where was that? Oh that was at Waverley Hills.
Speaker 3: That's iconic.
Speaker 1: I did push you down. I think it's in the final like it is in.
Speaker 3: The final, it's briefly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The other one is you and any time you've had a donut near your mouth hole anytime?
Speaker 1: Yeah. I do eat a lot of donuts on the show, and I to make it clear to everyone watching at home, that is real. I really I swallowed. Yes, Okay, a lot of times when people eat donuts on TV shows, they have a spit bucket. You don't see that part. I swallowed every single inch of every donut.
Speaker 3: And then licked your fingers.
Speaker 1: I licked the box.
Speaker 3: You sure did. But the thing I just saw last night that is the number one is when you're at the Palomino and you got dragged because of your hair. Your reaction to that I left my body. I just lost it.
Speaker 1: That was when we went to the strip club, the legendary Palomino in Las Vegas, and everybody was having ghosts experiences but me, And once again I was like, why don't ghosts have any interest in me? I used to feel like ghosts loved me, and then I realized I don't think those were ghosts. I think I was. I got medicated, but at this point in my life don't want anything to do with me. And I was like, what is going on? And that day, in particular, I was very self conscious about my hair because I'm not very good at styling hair. And there was also a moment where we walked into the building a gust of wind messed up my hair really bad. Yeah, And I said, is it because of my hair? And the ghosts said yes, that's why they don't like me.
Speaker 3: And your reaction it's chef's kiss, like it is so good. I actually got up and just walk down the hallway laughing. My ass off chef's kiss. You're iconic.
Speaker 1: Thank you, But like, what's like your favorite moment from just like the eight months, whether it's on the TV show or not, Like stuff that we did together. That was fun because you know, I love to talk to paranormal TV show people about like what do you guys do when you're not like hunting ghosts and you're still out there doing the show.
Speaker 3: This is going to be very anticlimactic for anybody who isn't me, so sorry, y'all.
Speaker 1: Great, all right, well that's at least four million people.
Speaker 3: My favorite moment, My favorite moment was when we were in Scottsdale and we were doing the Slayance as you termed it, and I held your hand and when the chandelier shook a little it kind of swayed. You grabbed hold a little tighter with your hand in mind, and it made me feel like you believe that I was there to keep you safe. It was a really heartwarming moment for me because for the longest time I thought you really genuinely did not like me, and it was in that moment when you held my hand, I was like, she does feel me, And from that point on, every time you looked at me with warmth. It threw me. I just was head over heels for you every single day.
Speaker 1: Oh can god, I'm good at faking it. Yes, Now, you're so lovable. You're such a lovable person, Ken, Yes, man, I am so honored to get to share this experience with you of being on a TV show. It's crazy. I can't believe we did it, but we did.
Speaker 3: Yes, ma'am.
Speaker 1: We got to work together, we got to meet each other, and I'm sad to say I will never talk to you again. After we get off the Zoom.
Speaker 3: Ros hernand Dance. You almost hit me emotional. I almost had a little moment where I got teary eyed because I thought you were going to say something sweet. I should have known better. I should have just known better.
Speaker 1: I apologize, Ken, but we will not be airing this episode. This was my way of saying goodbye. I want it to be clear that it's very fun to bully Ken, because you have such a lovable laugh and you know that I'm joking and anytime someone as sweet as can be, I like to knock them down a few pegs.
Speaker 3: I love you making fun of me.
Speaker 1: You're so fun to make finne Hey tell people where you want to find you what you got going on.
Speaker 3: You can go to Kenboggle dot com. If you want to contact me for conventions or something like that, you can do so on the contact page. If you like to have a reading, which I do private readings, either in person, on phone or video, you can go to the readings page and fill out the contact form there and my new assistant will be in touch.
Speaker 1: Also, if anyone happens to be in a gas station in the Kentucky area, go to the hot dog area. This is not an nuendo. No, Ken Boggle loves a gas station hot dog, and on at least one occasion, I was in a car with you with the windows rolled up because it was cold out, and the smell that was coming from that backseat has not left my nose. I do not like the smell of hot dogs or ketchup or pickles or any of that.
Speaker 3: I eat them naked. I just love a good plane. Just a roller dog baby right between the bun Oh.
Speaker 1: I thought you were saying you get naked when you eat those.
Speaker 3: No, I eat, you know, hot dogs naked without anything on them.
Speaker 1: You know you made it sound like you get fully naked when you eat a gas station hot dog raws.
Speaker 3: I did not make it.
Speaker 1: Guess you did. You said I eat gas station hot dogs naked?
Speaker 3: Said I eat them naked? I would. Now I hear it, Now I hear it. Yes, okay, my apologies.
Speaker 1: So to be clear for the record, Ken Boggle does not get butt naked and gas stations and start eating hot dogs.
Speaker 3: I wait until I get home, like anybody else who is brought up right.
Speaker 1: And then you take off all your clothes.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, just mean a bowler hat.
Speaker 1: Ken, This is inappropriate.
Speaker 3: I've loved it. Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for doing it.
Speaker 3: Ken, It's my pleasure, baby.
Speaker 1: Bye bye. Thank you so much to Ken Boggle and his hats. You know he was wearing one of those hats when we were talking. Hey, check out the show. It's called Living for the Dead and it is streaming now on Hulu. Tell your friends about it. Thank you so much for listening to this podcast. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt mekay By. This has been an exactly right production. Want to share your paranormal experience on the podcast. I read stories out loud and sometimes I'll even call you. So email me at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. You can send a DM or voice message to the show's Instagram at ghosted by Roz. Give us a follow while you're there, and follow me Roz on Instagram at Roz Hernandez, and on TikTok and Twitter at it's Roz Hernandez. My senior producer is the startling Jiha Lee. Associate producer is the alarming Christina Chamberlain. This episode was mixed and sound designed by the eerie Edson Choi. My guest booker is the petrifying Patrick Kuttner. Additional production support from the hair raising Hannah Kyle Krichten. My theme music is by the spine chilling Brendan Lynch Salomon. Artwork by the Spooky Vanessa Lilac. Photography by the terrifying Elizabeth Karen. Executive produced by the Chilling Karen Kilgareth, the Spooky Georgia hart Stark, and the Frightening Danielle Kramer.