Speaker 1: Because two is officially better than one. Welcome to your second date classes.
Speaker 2: I see what you did there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's bricking Jeffrey in the morning. We're putting two classics back to back for you so you can get whatever you need to get done done today and just have a little dose of second Day on your Saturday.
Speaker 2: Or the opposite. Don't do anything and just sit and listen productive you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't judge you, all right, just enjoy it starts right now.
Speaker 3: Nowadays, you can find some weird stuff on the internet. Yeah, and when I say weird, I mean glow in the dark toilet rolls with a yodeling pickle weird.
Speaker 2: Why I feel like that's gonna be my mom's next Christmas present.
Speaker 3: You can even find dates on there, baby, But how are they gonna find you? That's the question. And one of our listeners went down that rabbit hole and what she found changed the whole way she approached online dating. Today, she's gonna tell us the secret trick that she learned to get herself more swipes. So why is she reaching out to us exactly? I guess we'll find out in your Second Date Update Extra Weird Edition coming up.
Speaker 4: Next Broken Jeffrey in the morning Second Date Updates.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of confusing information out there about how to attract a mate online. That's what the video says, how to catch your mate?
Speaker 2: Is that what you're doing?
Speaker 3: That the information is so bad?
Speaker 2: He printed out how to sheet from Yahoo in front of it.
Speaker 3: It's so conflicting though. It's like, be super clear with your intentions, but also be mysterious and coy. Make sure to be super funny and playful, but don't be joky or they're gonna think you're not serious.
Speaker 2: What does it make sense?
Speaker 3: Yeah, show who you really are, even if you run a puppy mill. Let them know. Yeah, okay. And one of our listeners said she got swept up in the confusion of how to maximize your dating profile, but in the end, I guess it turned out to be a good thing for her.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 2: She's on the phone with us, so let's.
Speaker 3: Let's figure it out. Cynthia, welcome to the show. Tell us what happened?
Speaker 6: Hi, guys, so good to be here.
Speaker 1: Well that's good, Cynthia, look at you try an extra heart again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So what happened? How did you get swept up in the confusion of the online dating.
Speaker 6: Well Google is free, but it's a jungle.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, wait, you ask Google for advice instead of like your friends.
Speaker 3: What should she ask her friends?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, I feel like you should run your profile by your friends and see what they think if it's showing you in the best light or not.
Speaker 6: Well, we get there eventually.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: So I'm looking up all these different ways on how I can get more matches with online dating, and some of the things I found were that if your profile picture has your hair out of your face, you're twenty seven percent more likely to get a match.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unless you have an ugly face.
Speaker 3: Wow, is that what the problem is, Cynthia? Can you confirm that? For brook over years.
Speaker 2: I shaved my no one's did no one else take that? I didn't take that. I was thinking it's been on TikTok for all. They said guys like hair up.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, So twenty seven percent more likely if you have your hair up out of your.
Speaker 6: Face, right, and seventy six percent more likely if you have a teeth smile. If you smile with your teeth.
Speaker 3: That's assuming you have all your teeth in there.
Speaker 2: Right right, I smile with my gums, gummy smile.
Speaker 3: That's only because your ratio. Okay, anything else.
Speaker 6: This is one from my side that I also find to be pretty true. If you're alone in your pictures, no friends, no one else in the photo, you're sixty percent more likely.
Speaker 3: I swear There's been times where I'm swiping and I'm like, what girl is the girl? Because every picture of the fun Jose it's like spin the wheel over? Who am I going to get?
Speaker 5: Just?
Speaker 2: All group is weird? What'd you go with? Did you do some group, some solo? Did you do all one way?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 6: No, I did all just single photos of me, because I find that when I'm swiping for guys, if I have to guess who you are in the photo, I'm not going to I'm just gonna o.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So did you take all that advice?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, So I tried it and and I forgot nothing after a week, nothing.
Speaker 2: Nothing, nothing.
Speaker 6: Really they were like weirdos, of course, like guys that were very dangerous.
Speaker 2: So what'd you change? Would you do to change your luck?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: She couldn't change her face up, Brooke like that, that's not very nice to tell her to get surgery before you can we like move off of that and maybe get to how did you change your dating profile? That's what I asked, What did you change about yourself? It was the way you said it. Yeah, we knew, so what happened?
Speaker 6: So I just ended up asking my friend what she thought of what I had uploaded.
Speaker 3: Brook, Actually that's exactly what you said.
Speaker 2: What did your friend say?
Speaker 6: She said, looked like a veloso raptor.
Speaker 2: Were you burying your teeth or smiling?
Speaker 6: She kept saying that I had such big teeth and that was my hair pulled back, like my forehead looked a little bit.
Speaker 2: Dare she? Are you mad? Or are you like? I can see it?
Speaker 6: I mean I was humbled for sure.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to figure out who's mean or your friend or Brook.
Speaker 2: I could never say that to my friend. Oh my god, Oh wow.
Speaker 3: Okay, so she gave you a few tips to change stuff.
Speaker 6: That was kind of all she said. I guess her her tough love pushed me to kind of just go back to the drawing board and just go back to what I was already doing.
Speaker 1: Are we ever going to get a date here?
Speaker 6: We like?
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 6: Well, So I ended up just posting what I felt was right for me. I ended up getting a date with this guy, Aaron Okay, Yeah, we ended up texting. We went out for like pizza and wine and stuff. And it's funny because I told him about, you know, my experience was trying to update my profile and that was kind of the topic of conversation for most of the night. We last about it and ended up taking pictures of each other, you know, in dinosaur poses.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I love see good sense of humor.
Speaker 3: Embrace it and now you bonded. Although everybody else in the pizza parlor was like what they.
Speaker 2: I know it. Your pet names for each other are already rapptor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what's happened since then?
Speaker 6: I just I haven't been able to hang out with him in like a month.
Speaker 5: I was like a month ago.
Speaker 2: And it sounds like you've been texting. It just hasn't lined up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I can schedules, have it mind up. You haven't been able to find a good time, and I just, I don't know, I'm getting a little discouraged. I felt like, you know, we lost a bit of momentum, and I was just wondering if you guys would give me some invice or helped me out a little bit.
Speaker 3: Well, Bo's gonna tell you to change the way your voice sounds, So maybe I want to ask us for advice.
Speaker 2: I doesn't talk about her.
Speaker 1: You sound amazing, You sound fun You sound funny and self deprecating.
Speaker 3: What about her? Brooke? I know me, but what about her? You know what? We're just gonna call this guy aarin for you when we come back and do your second date update right after this.
Speaker 4: Hold on Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning, second date updates.
Speaker 3: On the phone with us today.
Speaker 2: You are not playing.
Speaker 3: Is a woman who just updated her dino dating profile, the Majestic Cynthia Sourus rep.
Speaker 1: You do know, I know it was a lot worse dinosaurs she could have been compared to.
Speaker 3: We're gonna call her c Rex for short, or maybe just Cynthia, which is her normal name for human name. But the reason why we're poking fun about it is because she found an article online with all these tips about what types of pictures you should take if you want to get better matches on dating sites, and she found some ideas where you're supposed to pull your hair back, show more teeth that's supposed to get more guys to swipe on you. But after a week online with no matches, her friend told her the truth. The reason no guys are biting is because you look like a velociraptor.
Speaker 1: It looks like you, but listen, the most ferocious of the dinosaurs. Yes, and with a very muscular built made it any better.
Speaker 3: And doesn't look like that normally. It's just with the new hair back do and the teeth bearing poses. It came across dino life.
Speaker 2: But she finally realized she just needed to be herself.
Speaker 3: That was the good part, but it ended up being the topic of conversation on her date with a guy named Aaron. They had a great time together. The problem is that was a month ago and now she needs our help to get things jump started once again. Brooke, I'm afraid to even go to you. Every time you say something it comes out offensive. But what do you want to says Cynthia over No.
Speaker 1: I think it's good, Cynthia that you and him have been talking. You've been trying to get something nailed down. I know it feels like maybe the what is it called momentum has has dulled a.
Speaker 3: Little bit that's exactly what she said.
Speaker 1: I just don't want you to come off as too needy, you know, like this is your only option, because it's not right it might be your only option.
Speaker 3: We actually we don't want to know, Cynthia. Can you dial down the desperate needy vibes that you're given towards Brook right now?
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, no problem. I don't mean to come off super.
Speaker 2: Needy, don't. I don't think you are.
Speaker 1: You know, don't bring up again the fact that you weren't getting a lot of matches.
Speaker 3: Because what needy person would do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want to make it sound like this last month has been so packed and oh my god, I totally forgot to call you.
Speaker 2: So I have a radio. They should do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, I texted you twenty times by accident.
Speaker 1: Even if he if he says yes to a date, maybe you tell him that you're maybe available.
Speaker 8: It's been so long. First date it actually was the time of the Dinosaur went. Yeah, that would turn you on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna cut the advice segment of this short and just call Aaron for you. How does that sound?
Speaker 9: C Rex, Here we go, I'm just kidding here, Let's call him.
Speaker 5: Hello, thanks for calling. This is Aaron.
Speaker 2: Did you run a business?
Speaker 3: Aaron? What a formal way to answer? Uh? Yeah, that was not expecting that. We're a radio show and you're welcome for Colin.
Speaker 5: Thanks for answering a radio show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning, and we're doing a segment right now, hoping that you'll be a part of it. I'm too late. You're already a part of it, So buckle up. What is this about, perfect? This is about your dating life. Actually, about a month ago, we went out with one of our listeners named Cynthia.
Speaker 4: Cynthia yes.
Speaker 2: Beer, I think wine.
Speaker 5: Yes, I never Cynthia. Oh yeah we Yeah, we had a good time. That was a good date.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh that's so great to hear. Nice to hear, because we're all confused and we're trying to help her figure out if there's a reason why you're not getting back to her and wanting to see her again, if that's even true. Yeah, well, because she's super busy right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, right, thank you.
Speaker 3: Trying to pencil you in somewhere.
Speaker 5: Oh, she's busy. That's ah, well, that's probably good. Actually, I'm kind of busy too.
Speaker 7: I'm really busy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, were you what are you so busy with?
Speaker 5: Well, other dates, As it turns out.
Speaker 2: That that's fine.
Speaker 3: You guys aren't serious.
Speaker 2: Other like second date third dates are just all first dates.
Speaker 5: Well a heck of a lot of first dates really second dates. Yeah, it's it's all really new for me, I have to say. And what is all the attention that I'm getting online from my profile A sudden? Yeah, I don't know how much she told you about the date, but we were joking around. We just ended up taking these funny pictures.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, like dinosaurs, because that was like what she tried on her dating profile before and and like was laughing about it.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, and that's what we were doing in the photos, and they turned out pretty funny and just kind of as a goof after the date, I put one of the photos of me up on my profile and.
Speaker 2: You acting like a dinosaur.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it was a hit.
Speaker 2: What what.
Speaker 5: My rough gold go figure? I started getting all these hits that like I've never gotten before.
Speaker 1: We get attention, Well, you're in some dinosaur algorithm.
Speaker 3: It's the fact that he's with somebody. That's a proven fact.
Speaker 2: They were taking pictures of each other.
Speaker 3: Was it just you or was it both of you?
Speaker 5: It was just me, but it was all the tips and tricks and everything that she was talking about. I pulled my hair back, I showed my teeth and the smile and.
Speaker 3: Wait, so so those things work for guys but not for girls.
Speaker 2: Maybe just when you do them right?
Speaker 3: Okay, is it just face shape?
Speaker 10: I don't know what it was.
Speaker 5: I put one photo up and I get all this attention.
Speaker 3: This is really crazy, but you know, it would be really interested to learn this information is actually Cynthia herself, who just happens to be on the other line right now. Yeah, yeah, she's hearing this.
Speaker 5: She's not listening as she Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's listening, and she wants to talk to you right now, Erin Oh no no, yeah yeah yeah Cynthia.
Speaker 6: Aaron, I am shocked. I basically put you on.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, you deserve most of the credit. You took the picture.
Speaker 2: That's a good point. You're a really good photographer, Cynthia.
Speaker 3: I did forgetting you dates. Bro, that's a little accidentally petty.
Speaker 5: Almost Well, okay, Cynthia, remember we talked like vaiting has been really hard for me. I'm just not used to getting attention. Well now I am. I'm just going with it. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, this has got to be a little bit overwhelming to hear all this. Cynthia, how you feeling right now?
Speaker 6: Honestly, I'm I'm a little hurt. I'm kind of shocked. Those pictures were just like joke pictures. I thought like, it's kind of going to be like an inside joke between us. Yeah, and now other girls like that, my guess. And now you're gonna see all of them instead of me when I've been you know, we've been in contact.
Speaker 5: No, no, I don't want to see them instead of you. I want to see you too. I just got to wait to get it opening.
Speaker 2: But Cynthia, you're you're really packed too.
Speaker 6: Right, right, Let's just see if I can put you into my schedule as well.
Speaker 2: Oh god, that's right, Cynthia.
Speaker 1: She's not going to wait around all day just for you to show up.
Speaker 5: This is the cat Well, I have to say, honestly, Cynthia is a She's a wonderful girl, and that wouldn't surprise me. I'm sure she gets a lot of attention.
Speaker 6: I set something up. Let's say next weekend? Is that something that is available for you?
Speaker 3: She probably to cancel on like seven other guys just to make that happen for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let me check my calendar. Okay, which day?
Speaker 3: Which day?
Speaker 6: Does next Saturday work?
Speaker 5: Wa Saturday? With this coming Saturday? Maybe how about five weeks.
Speaker 3: Saturdays from now? That's your only free try Monday.
Speaker 1: Whoever Saturday chick is and put Cynthia in her place and Saturday girls.
Speaker 6: Come on.
Speaker 3: I mean, two such highly successful daters meeting right here on this show. I mean that's a sign that you need to be saying. Yes, Aaron, we'd love to send you out with Cynthia one more time if you're up for it, and we'll pay for the date.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I definitely want to go out with cent again. But yeah, it's gonna be a while.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean, Cynthia, are you still cool with that? Can you wait a little?
Speaker 6: A girl can only wait so long. We'll have to see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's actually a good answer.
Speaker 3: Don't tell him yes or no, we know.
Speaker 7: It's yes, Yeah, Cynthia.
Speaker 5: In the meantime, I'm really getting a lot of practice, so that could only work in your.
Speaker 7: Favorite I don't.
Speaker 2: Want to practice tell.
Speaker 3: Us tell me I want to know.
Speaker 4: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Well, duckface is ancient history. Scrunch face is out point. You must be Delulu. If you don't know the latest look for dating profiles, you learn the.
Speaker 1: Two gen z in the room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm saying you're dedumbed dumb if you don't know the look is the Jurassic pucker.
Speaker 2: But more teeth please.
Speaker 3: I can't believe that guy had so much success using the dinosaur pictures and she had none.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you guys think like I bet he was starting with pictures that were you get one female to take one picture of a guy and instantly they just look eight hundred times better.
Speaker 3: You're so right.
Speaker 1: Takes one picture of me and I look like an old hat.
Speaker 3: But like Alexis said, maybe some people out there just know how to do it the right way. This one's the naughty tri Sarah toops Jeffrey. I don't know if those are actually gonna go out, but I'm glad that we learned something new today. Sure, and the good thing is we can always help you with your dating life. If you really want that, do the right thing, email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back.
Speaker 4: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Imagine you're wrapping up a great first date. Things are winding down, but you don't want the night to end just yet. How do you keep things going in a smooth way? Do you a tend your cars a rental and you don't know how to unlock the passenger door? Option B burst into tears and claim you can't be alone because you're afraid of the dark. Oh no, she'll really want or option see drop handcuffs over both your wrists and accidentally swallow the key and I dropped something. Woops, I didn't mean to do that so quickly. Well, one of our listeners tried a different strategy to extend his date night, and even he admits it was way more cringe than any of those options. You'll hear what he did in your second date update next.
Speaker 4: Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning Second Date Update.
Speaker 3: A few months ago, we heard one of the more romantic date stories from our show about a guy who was out with a woman when she randomly suggested they go into Ross Dress for Less and then she disappeared.
Speaker 2: I don't remember that one.
Speaker 3: Later found out she had messed her pants and was looking to buy a new outfit. Yeah, the store.
Speaker 2: If you would have led with that part, I totally remember.
Speaker 3: Thankfully, they ended up going out again, but it didn't work out in the long run.
Speaker 2: It didn't.
Speaker 3: Their situation got too messy, according to him. Okay, I don't know if.
Speaker 2: I don't think we're gonna ask for details what that means.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I only know that though, because he's back on the show today looking for love with a different woman. So let's welcome back Julian to the show. Julian, did this new lady run into a Walmart this time or a basket pro shop? I'm trying to get a jump on this.
Speaker 7: Where we at you again?
Speaker 2: Oh that's good way to ignore my question.
Speaker 3: I guess we'll get to it.
Speaker 2: He thought it was more of a joke of a real question.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I only do serious stuff on the show, you know that, Julian. But let's start with the name of the new girl that she meant. What's her name?
Speaker 2: That's a nice name.
Speaker 7: I actually met her at the supermarket.
Speaker 2: That's cute.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we exchange numbers and you know, text and she gets her with me, which is great.
Speaker 2: That's cute. I love this.
Speaker 1: Were you like really optimistic about this date or what were you feeling?
Speaker 7: Mostly about seventy percent us have the nerves, but it's like, you know what, let's just take a chance.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, so what did you end up doing for your hangout?
Speaker 7: So basically I picked up on her place and we went to Glow in the Dark mini golf.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 3: I had a middle school field drip to a glow in the dark mini golf place. Never forgot it.
Speaker 1: Lots of that's the analogy or the story that he wanted.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean it was sexy for me as a.
Speaker 2: Twelve year old as you smile and your teeth just glow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I feel the vibe. How was it for you?
Speaker 7: I enjoyed it, you know sometimes of course people couldn't think it's just for kids, but it was actually a little romantic. And also you know, we had drinks first, okay, fun and then we start to play. But crazy enough, they didn't allow drinks on the green I guess what you call it the green sooner?
Speaker 3: What kind of place doesn't allow drinking where children are Maybe.
Speaker 1: It's just too dark, like it's glowing the dark, it's too dark. There were people will drip like you add alcohol.
Speaker 2: To the America.
Speaker 7: It was actually a little bit of a bummer. I was wishing we could drink and do this.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but it was so cool what she did, right, She actually snook some airplane shots. It's at the mit of her purse. She prepared, so we had shots like behind the glowing dragons of course.
Speaker 3: Oh now you are.
Speaker 2: Back into sneaky middle schoolers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 7: So the great thing is she's sarcastic, just like I am.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so you guys got each other's sense of humor.
Speaker 2: You're drinking illegally on the mini golf course.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this all sounds good so far.
Speaker 7: And honestly, the thirty percent was I was kind of nervous because I didn't tell her where we were going. So she wore heels.
Speaker 2: Oh to play mini golf?
Speaker 7: Yeah, so that's my fault. I wanted to be kind of like spontaneous.
Speaker 1: Did she complain about her feet hurting because that's a lot of holes too.
Speaker 7: Did a little bit, But you know what, I'm gonna take one for the team. We're gonna do something different. So we staged shoes.
Speaker 3: Wait what wait, you gave her your shoes and you wore her heels?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, goals, Yeah, your feet fit into her shoes?
Speaker 5: Uh, not really, more part of her shoes.
Speaker 7: There's just a few holes because I'm like a size eleven and a half and the size seven and women.
Speaker 1: So thankful she was wearing strappy heels instead of yeah points.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean so far, the date sounding pretty good. It's playful. You guys are being sarcastic and fun with each other. Maybe you look even better in the heels than she looked when.
Speaker 2: She Are you saying that's a bad thing? Like she was jealous?
Speaker 3: She could do intimidated? But is that possible?
Speaker 7: Julian, I played the fifth But.
Speaker 2: Where's the bad parts?
Speaker 1: Where's the stuff that make you think that that's why you're not getting a second date.
Speaker 7: So after the date, we go back to our place.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, are you still wearing her heels? No? Okay?
Speaker 7: So we get back to her place, and honestly, I thought she wouldn't bite me in, but she doesn't. Looking back, I feel like cringy about this, but made a couple of excuses like, oh, is there any shows or anything you can put me onto?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: You asked to go inside?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, or you have any coffee inside?
Speaker 1: Or Okay, how many times did you try?
Speaker 7: I tried like two or three different excuses.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, that can come off looking a little bit desperate.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you know when you were saying these things that you should shut your mouth?
Speaker 7: I kind of did, but by the time my mouth started, my brain couldn't catch up. Yeah, to get myself out of it.
Speaker 1: Did you think it made her feel like you were there for not the right reasons?
Speaker 5: Maybe?
Speaker 7: But I liked her personality, I liked hanging out with her, and I asked that wanted some perfect time with her too.
Speaker 2: Okay that's bad. Yeah, that's normal.
Speaker 3: But maybe on the first date that's a little bit too much. Yeah, I can't expect anything. Yeah, So what's happened since then? Have you been able to stay in contact with her?
Speaker 7: Well, that happened five days ago.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 7: She stopped answering my texts and I said a text her said hey, thanks for a great night. It took her on how to respond to that, and then she just said you too.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I've spent a couple of texts and just just random stuff.
Speaker 2: Asking for shoe recommendations.
Speaker 7: Right, d joke her to their you know, so sarcastic, maybe a movie reference like that, and usually just sponsor it or laugh or like that and nothing.
Speaker 3: I wish just was a textual healing, because that would be a good to joke about the shoes, that'd be a good end. Like well, we could still ask that question when we call her for the second date updates different now, Yeah, maybe maybe she's still hung over from that airplane shot that she took.
Speaker 2: That one shot.
Speaker 3: I mean sometimes hangovers last for a long time. We'll find out when we call her and try and get you your second date update right after this hold on.
Speaker 4: Man Brook and Jeffrey in the morning second date updates.
Speaker 3: It's hard to imagine a better first date than what we just heard from our listener Julian, where he took Fiona to Glow in the Dark mini golf night and they drank alcohol around kids, they made each other laugh, even swapped outfits on the golf course, just shoes, shoes specifically. But that's the most important part of it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The awkward part, though, happened at the end of the night when Julian tried to casually invite himself into her place. It was not just once a few times and he got rejected. May believe Julian was only interested in you know what, but that's not true.
Speaker 2: Right at the brand of her fridge, right.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's true, right, Julian, you don't even enjoy doing that stuff with girls. I like women.
Speaker 7: I'm not going to deny that.
Speaker 1: I'm asking you to no, but it kind of the whole point of what we're doing for you right now.
Speaker 3: But he realizes he may have messed up and trying to make that move multiple times. Hopefully that's not the reason, and we can at least help get him a second date here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because if you seem too eager at the end of that date, it's not eager.
Speaker 2: At all to have a radio station call her. No very cool.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's going on five daysposed to turn.
Speaker 2: What have you got to lose? Now?
Speaker 3: If she thinks it's weird, we'll just tell her it was our idea to call, not yours.
Speaker 7: Okay, thanks, I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Right now, he is a friend of the show, because remember he's been on this segmentary. I hope all the listeners know we could call you at any time because you are friends yes, I always have your phone on.
Speaker 1: It's a regular of a second data is yeah, going to be flag all right.
Speaker 3: We'll limit what we tell Fiona if we can get her to answer, but I'm dialing the number right now. Here we go. Hello, Hey is this Fiona? This is Hey. Thanks for answering. We're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. And thank you for being on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah twice, I don't know. Thank you. You have a really pretty voice. Fiona.
Speaker 5: Why are you guys calling me?
Speaker 3: I kind of forgot why for a second, but now I've remembered. There is nervous guys. Look, well, it's just we've heard a lot of good stuff about you, Fiona, from a guy that you went on a date with recently, a guy named Julian.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Blowing the dark mini golf guy.
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, yes, yeah, a memorable date.
Speaker 2: You had a memorable date. That's usually a good thing.
Speaker 10: Well, yeah, I guess it was.
Speaker 3: I guess it was for Julian too, which is why he's asked us to reach out to you in this segment. It's called a second Date Update, and we're trying to help him figure out if there's a reason why after I guess it's been five days since you hung out, there hasn't been another meetup or any communication.
Speaker 1: Really, Yeah, did you plan on getting in touch with them and you were just busy? Not really.
Speaker 10: The date was fine, it was it was cute, but he did something at the end of the date that was a little like weird and putting in it. I just like kind of felt uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It's funny to say that because Julian did mention something that he's embarrassed that.
Speaker 2: He did multiple times yea.
Speaker 3: Where he was trying to basically get an invite to hang out with you more in your place.
Speaker 10: Uh yeah, that was honestly a little much for a first date. That but I feel like I would have given him another chance after that.
Speaker 2: Oh that's not the reason, that's not what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: No, No, okay, Well, then in that case, Julian is like totally in the dark. Yeah, it really help if you could like just give a little bit of an explanation that we could pass along to him.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean maybe it'll help him in the future, Okay.
Speaker 3: And that's the point of the whole segment, right.
Speaker 10: Yeah, So I was talking about the date afterward with a friend and she asked what he looks like, and I was like, oh, well, he walked me up to my door, which a lot of guys don't do anymore. I thought that was kind of sweet, even though he was trying to come in.
Speaker 2: I think you were aware.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so I was like, I have him on the ring camera, like, let me show you like the footage. And then I noticed that when I shut the door, he stood there for a second like talking to himself.
Speaker 2: What did he say?
Speaker 10: He was like kind of debriefing the date and like almost like giving him a house.
Speaker 7: Self a pep talk.
Speaker 10: And then he was like, she's prettier than the pictures I drew of her.
Speaker 2: What he said out loud, I drew pictures of her. Like, what a weird statement.
Speaker 10: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it kind of sounds like it's supposed to be a compliment.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's talking about like his dream girl and she's pretty than what his dream girl was.
Speaker 3: You do you have any idea what you meant by that?
Speaker 10: I don't know yet.
Speaker 7: We didn't talk about it at all.
Speaker 3: Well, in that case, maybe you should just talk directly to him because he is on the other line listening to this call, one know what was going on?
Speaker 2: A normal response here?
Speaker 1: No, stop, he's not Yeah he is Julian and.
Speaker 3: You there, I am okay.
Speaker 2: You think that he's just probably disappointed in himself.
Speaker 7: I oh, buddy, I didn't. I didn't know you heard that.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, we got that.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about with the pictures that you drew that aren't like what she looks like? What does that important?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 7: I do drawings. I think a lot of people do drawings.
Speaker 1: Yeah maybe, I mean everyone has different artistic outlets.
Speaker 2: So what was the picture that you drew?
Speaker 7: It was just of her? I mean it wasn't a painting or anything, but just like the doodles?
Speaker 2: Multiple? Was that plural?
Speaker 1: And come on, Alexis when you had a crush on somebody in high school, I'm sure you like wrote his last name down or you know, like, what's the difference.
Speaker 2: I didn't need him to supermarket in the draw his face broke?
Speaker 3: Are you feeling better now that you've heard that it's just doodles of you?
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess it's fluttering, but maybe it's not crazy in depth, but it's more than a stick figure.
Speaker 3: Right, Maybe you need to talk more to Julian about it.
Speaker 7: If I'm being honest, like, only draw people that I like. I draw my mom, my, landlord and you.
Speaker 3: Wow, he likes three people in the whole world.
Speaker 2: Come on, give him a break.
Speaker 10: No, I mean, I wish it had waited till you got to the car, because, like tessing you was kind of weird. But I guess it is. To hear your explanation, doesn't it doesn't sound as weird.
Speaker 1: I mean if he would have showed up, if you would have showed up to the next day with a cute little doodle drawing of you, that would have.
Speaker 2: Been like, oh right, Like it'd be a cute moment artist. You guys three people. You don't have to.
Speaker 1: Be a professional artist to be an artist.
Speaker 7: I got you like it should make a difference, And if we hang out again, I could definitely show you.
Speaker 3: Oh see now it feels harmless, right, What do you guys think it is?
Speaker 2: Like a topless doodle or something.
Speaker 10: That was kind of my thought.
Speaker 3: It could be a very flattering topless dudle scribble at the top of the photo. God, Julian, can you confirm or deny no comment?
Speaker 2: Hey, some of the best artists work with nude moments.
Speaker 5: Now it feels a little weird.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, he's got a little crush, which is totally normal. You went on a date, you liked each other, Like, if he hadn't said that out loud, I don't think any of this would have freaked you.
Speaker 2: Brook.
Speaker 3: Maybe if you hadn't said the topless, pardon about how sexy that would be, and maybe we wouldn't be in this weird scenario that we're in. I mean, she didn't say bottomless.
Speaker 2: What my husband and I did each other.
Speaker 1: Close?
Speaker 3: Nobody believes that. Nobody believes the close. Okayona, disregard everything you heard from my female co host, and just consider going out on a date with Julian one more time.
Speaker 7: Honestly, I've done on so many dates before and I've never drawn people, but you are worth drawing.
Speaker 3: She's trying, and I appreciate that. What do you think, Fiona, give him one more chance?
Speaker 10: I think, yeah, we can go out.
Speaker 5: Yes, all right?
Speaker 3: Are you going to bring it?
Speaker 10: I maybe let's leave that for the third date.
Speaker 2: That means there could be a third date.
Speaker 3: Get your pens ready, Maybe I can go to Oh is that like the Brook style doodle.
Speaker 2: All doodling is fun.
Speaker 4: Jeff Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Does anybody else get the feeling? And when Brook gets her caricature done at a fair, the artist has to tell her to keep her top on.
Speaker 2: Wait, you're supposed to.
Speaker 9: Leave it on?
Speaker 3: Yes, the bra too, Brook, you got to keep all that off.
Speaker 1: I love when they make him look so big, you know, I just I never thought of.
Speaker 2: Going to look.
Speaker 3: I know it's definitely gonna happen. I never thought of doodling as an intimate act before, but now Brook's ruined that for all of us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can be very sexy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it doesn't have to be.
Speaker 2: You do to all day at work, and now I'm trying to think you're in a different pestige.
Speaker 3: How is it in your head?
Speaker 2: Look the other way? Let me let me get a picture. Oh god, No, I'm.
Speaker 3: Just glad we didn't ruin Julian's chances and we were able to get him a second date, because, honestly, he seems like a good guy that just gets nervous centimes.
Speaker 2: I was honestly trying to help him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we know exactly what you were trying to help him. Yeah, but if you want some help PG kind, you can always email the show. We'll email that person who's not calling you back.
Speaker 1: Brook.
Speaker 3: We'll do the higher rated version.
Speaker 2: Thirteen seems appropriate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think seventeen as well. Yeah, you must pay extra for it, but we'll call that person who isn't calling you back. Go check out all of our Second Day podcast wherever you get yours Abroke and Jeffrey