Speaker 1: To Teas in a Pod with Teddy Mellencamp and Camra Judge.
Speaker 2: Hi, guys, welcome to another episode of to Teas in a Pod with myself, Teddy Mellencamp and Tambora Judge.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's so weird to be so close to you.
Speaker 2: We got to recap the first episode of Secret Lives of Mormon wite.
Speaker 3: So good, so you got me turned onto it.
Speaker 1: You recapped it last year with Emily, and so I went back because I didn't watch it, and so I went back and watched the first season beinge watched it and the first.
Speaker 3: Episode, I'm like, what the hell?
Speaker 1: Somebody gets arrested, somebody gets divorced, somebody gets the Like, it's insanity.
Speaker 2: I mean, these girls are so good at narrating what's happening next. And I think because they're the code that I've noticed is in mom talk? Are we going to let them in? Mom talk is like the new break.
Speaker 3: Show, our own mom talk.
Speaker 2: They have moves, we twat talk, twat talk, Yes, we can talk to listen. No, we have tot No, we'd have to do. I don't even they're not even reels, the tiktoks. Yeah, but they I didn't even have TikTok on my phone. I had to ask somebody that went gosh for me.
Speaker 1: But did they start out as a podcast or did they start out as a TikTok?
Speaker 2: I mean started off they all joined the same tiktoks, uh huh so that they could grow their followings. Either way, it starts out, we see a preview of what's to come in season two. The mom talk girls are fighting with each other, the husbands are fighting, the cops are involved. Why is there ever cops involved on Housewives? Well? Thank god, I love to watch cops involved. I was like, hold on, what is the Do you remember cops the show? Yes?
Speaker 3: How did that? Bad boys? Bad boys? What's you're gonna do? What she gonna do when they come for you? Bad boys?
Speaker 2: Bad boys?
Speaker 3: When you going to do this? That was their whole. This has been their whole.
Speaker 2: I wanted that music to play as I was watching the episodes.
Speaker 3: I mean, guys, this show should do a TikTok with that song.
Speaker 2: We should, but we gotta wait until we get one of the wives of one of the husbands involved in the in the fight. Oh my, oh my gosh. And then we get to Vander frumpt Philla. There's so many things. But the other way. Sure, we have opening credits where the girls are wearing the same white dresses and are filmed as though they are being baptized, and that song really hits you.
Speaker 3: It's good music on their show.
Speaker 2: It's expensive to be mom talk. I know.
Speaker 3: I know not to mention the press they're getting. Oh do you see o the press are getting. They weren't Jimmy Kiml. Some of them are Jimmy Kimmel. I reposted it. I was like, I am happy to zip up to Utah. Hey, Hulu, what's up?
Speaker 2: You want to talk Hulu.
Speaker 3: We're not afraid to create a scandal. I'll have Teddy arrested. Listen, We're not We're not afraid to fight.
Speaker 2: When the top girls are kicking off Halloween at the Gracie Luke Cowboy Pillows Influencer.
Speaker 1: If they say, like the you know, the the Halloween stuff is not like they're LDS and and a lot of religions, Halloween.
Speaker 3: Is very off limits, and they're like, I don't give a ship not in this show. You can do Halloween.
Speaker 4: You can do you can swing, you can swing, you can dress right, I mean the girls that I know that are true true, like deep out into LDS.
Speaker 2: I mean they're wearing undergarments. I was so happy to see Whitney back. I didn't realize, really she's gonna you're not seeing it. But I mean you saw a maker, right, Yeah, we need troublemakers. Okay, so we've got makers are very important to reality TV. Let me tell you why was plugging herself? Now?
Speaker 3: Then we've got they got a new troublemaker that came. I love Miranda, I'm losased. And you know who's really happy that Miranda's in this group? Now? Who Whitney.
Speaker 1: She's like, there's a new villain in Utah.
Speaker 2: But I don't even see Miranda as the villain. I feel like she might be a liar. She might be a little bit a liar. She says there was no She said it was just kissing and spinning the bottle. You know what. I spinned the bottle in the fifth grade. So like, what's the big deal I did to big deal?
Speaker 3: What was the other game?
Speaker 2: We used to say, Still, Whitney rose, it's a big deal deal. It's not a big deal.
Speaker 3: The healing, the hell and the big deal.
Speaker 2: The big deal in the healing, But then Miranda and her ex husband Chase were the couple involved in the swinging scandal, but Miranda claims they only played spin the bottle. Mom talk has grown immensely since season one, which is why we're happy Miranda's numbers.
Speaker 1: I to know where they started, where they're at, how much their social media posts are getting, and how do they split that because it's very confusing to me because they have what one TikTok did they do the mom talk on her?
Speaker 3: Do they all have individual individual talks? Who has the most followers?
Speaker 2: Oh, Taylor, Taylor, Frankie, Paul obvious Taylor.
Speaker 3: I thought Taylor was today?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Paul is the she's the termor judge of Tokay's judge. She's adorable.
Speaker 2: She is adorable.
Speaker 3: She is absolutely adorable.
Speaker 2: She isn't afraid to show her emotions on camera.
Speaker 3: No, she's not afraid to get arrested on camera either. That was last season.
Speaker 2: Yes, I just for the guys she's had sex dreams about are getting arrested on camera, almost allegedly.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to dig into the Dakota of at all.
Speaker 2: But Miranda joining the show after a successful first season as a shocking as Sheena joining the Valley after Hump Rules ended, she get out of our comments section, and then again she's mad at us again. But remember the last time she got mad at us? She goes, that wasn't actually me, It was my social media managers. So she is social media managers. So but it was because the girl that you called Ai is upset.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean, read all the other comments. The one we said wasn't bad at all. Listen.
Speaker 2: We love all the people on and I know that things are And here's one media managers. Don't give away what's coming. Because she said, you guys are going to take a turn. Well great, we will take a turn, and we want to wait and watch it, and then.
Speaker 1: We'll take a turn and we'll give her all the props she needs. Yeah, she has a podcast in my heart, so we got to be.
Speaker 3: Nice to her. You should listen.
Speaker 2: It's called pursuit of sassiness because maybe she shows a different side of her.
Speaker 3: She'll let us be on her pod.
Speaker 2: She's already asked me.
Speaker 3: She asked me, I'm just kidding. Can we talk about Jen and Zach? Yes?
Speaker 2: We can on Afflecks Second Cousins, I heard that was a lie.
Speaker 3: Well, we got.
Speaker 2: Into this more once the season continues. But Jen and Zach have been separated for a few months. She lives in Utah and an airbnb and he is in Arizona for medical school.
Speaker 3: But shockingly he comes back once filming's up. Yeah, and I was so happy he cut that hair.
Speaker 2: Oh well, he saw himself at least he has reflections, right. Well, I know, but sometimes when you watch yourself on TV, like, there are certain things, you know, the bangs, your tops.
Speaker 3: The hair was so bad.
Speaker 2: But what about how Zach reached out to all the mom Tak girls. How would you felt about that? If Eddie were to reach out to all the girls without telling you, you.
Speaker 3: Know, I wouldn't like that. But he reached out to them because there was a ten message that made him look like a douche lord. Right, I'm like, you are a douche lord, and.
Speaker 1: So he figured that if he reached out to them that would make things better.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: He treated her like crop last year, and so this year he's coming back because he wants his wife back, or because he wants to be on TV.
Speaker 2: Well, clearly he wants to make money and be on TV. Because he's leaving med school.
Speaker 3: I don't need that. I got Hulu.
Speaker 2: I don't need that I got the Tiktoks. But now that TikTok's back. But weren't you like like Jen? No? No, But now I'm starting to wonder about Jen. I feel like Jen is an undercover person that fights too, because you could see she's trying to produce him on camera, like she's like.
Speaker 3: No, Zach, well, don't we always try to produce our husbands? Because I do.
Speaker 2: But she needs to be a little bit more subtle about it. I'm sorry, I know if I can see it. I love a voice note more than anybody. Yes, I know Teddy, but I would have left Zach Sun read probably Yeah, I don't need to respond to it.
Speaker 1: Do we know what was said in the text messages about his wife or to his wife?
Speaker 3: Disgustingly mean? Oh? Hell no, disgustingly mean. Then Taylor's at Macie's house so.
Speaker 2: She can meet with Jenna, who hooked up with Dakota when Dakota was seeing Taylor.
Speaker 1: This whole thing this made me sad. I mean, it was great that Jenna, who she's adorable. She came in and sat down and was nervous, and Taylor's like, just just give it to me, show me your phone, let me look at it. She had her phone now she's comparing notes. She's like, he couldn't bet with me that day because.
Speaker 3: He said he was busy.
Speaker 2: Clearly he was with you. But then I think more to this story unfolds as the season goes on.
Speaker 3: Oh, it gets worse, it gets it makes up.
Speaker 2: Here's the problem with you, Hulu, in the best possible way is you make us see both sides of every situation. Then Dakota was taking Jen out on dates during the day while Taylor was the girl he'd meet up with at night to have sex with, I know.
Speaker 1: And then Dakota was making Jenna sound so desperate to Taylor, and it's like, here's the proof and the text messages right here.
Speaker 2: They're both beautiful girls. They are, and Dakota clearly is. You know at this point this is very early on in their relationship. But I'm also wondering, Taylor, I love you, but you're not going to do anything about it.
Speaker 3: Once you do see it, you're going to get in another five Let me ask you this timeline. Timeline was he they were not exclusively were they banging? He wasn't really banging Jenna, right, he was just dry humping. Is that what he said he was?
Speaker 2: I mean maybe he was bed jumping.
Speaker 3: He said dry humping. I believe. Now, was Taylor already pregnant at this time? No, this is.
Speaker 2: A beginning, beginning, beginning.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, then I don't know.
Speaker 2: They weren't even in a relationship, and Taylor's making the choice too.
Speaker 3: Well, now a year later, she's already had the baby, and now she's going to go back a year when they were just started dating. It's like, I don't know, And if you want, and I.
Speaker 2: Think they We heard at first season that they had sex night three, which I'm not judging her, go for it. Yeah, but then like night three, you're not in a full blown relationship or date three.
Speaker 3: No, so he can do whatever he wants. I mean, but you shouldn't lie about it if you're not hooking up.
Speaker 1: Okay, So it's more about the lying, it's not the actual the actor.
Speaker 3: That's what I think it is.
Speaker 2: Then Whitney and Miranda meet up the park with their kids. Miranda is the one who brought Whitney into mom talks, so she thought it'd be best place for her to start with everyone, And I was like, you know what, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Miranda.
Speaker 3: No one but me likes Whitney. I don't. I don't like.
Speaker 1: I don't want to say I don't like Whitney. I just there's something about her that kind of rubs me the wrong way. And I'm not saying that she shouldn't be on the show or anything like that, because I always like people that rub me. I'm sure I rub everybody the wrong way. But there's something about her that just doesn't mix with this group.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: Well, I think, you know, Whitney would love from Randon to come back to mom Talks so they can have a new villain.
Speaker 3: But it's still looking good for her that that's going to happen.
Speaker 1: Do you think that we're going to see a different side of Whitney this season.
Speaker 2: I think Whitney's probably going to be the exact same.
Speaker 3: What do you think about Whitney's husband.
Speaker 2: I think that they just had a baby and congratulations.
Speaker 1: Oh congratulations, Yeah that's all you think about him?
Speaker 2: Wait between the line, then, Macey, Mikayla dem and Jesse go to a haunted house together. They do a lot of activities outside of eating, which is so nice.
Speaker 3: Do they ever show them at church? No, they can't show the church.
Speaker 1: They show the outside of the building twenty four times an episode.
Speaker 2: I know, but honestly, but then Michaela is freaking out, but they make it through. Afterwards, Jesse and to me get an alcoholic drink, while Macey and Michaelas stick to their non alcoholic sodas. Which I've had those sodas. I'm obsessed. What are they? It's called swig and you can make it to a motel well soda. No, it's just like no, Swig has its own drive through with all different types of sodas that you can make any kind of formulation.
Speaker 3: You know, Soda girl, Me neither, I know.
Speaker 1: I mean I just recently started drinking diet coat, which I hate myself for it.
Speaker 3: Then Taylor's mom. Can we talk about Taylor's mom really quick?
Speaker 2: She wants to be a housewife.
Speaker 1: Well, she suddenly has a face lift and nose job, hair extensions, and I'm zempic.
Speaker 3: And then says, I want to look like and do I look younger?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 1: I look younger yeah, like they're starting to look like the same person clearly. And I don't know that she's on a zempic. I'm just putting out there because everybody in the world's on ezempic.
Speaker 2: Obviously.
Speaker 3: The first season has changed her.
Speaker 2: The first No, she was kind of like this the first season, but now there she's morphing into her daughter. She's trying to morph and turned doa I know the first season she's like, no, Taylor, don't do this, Taylor, You're pissing me off.
Speaker 3: And now she's like, hey, Taylor, do I look like you? Okay, but I got to tell you. I don't want to hear the word clout ever again. Okay.
Speaker 2: But then Taylor wants to walk away from her relationship with Dakota, but her mom thinks they should try to fight and work things out for the baby's sake. I mean, I hear what her mom is saying. I also feel like, has her mom watched season one?
Speaker 1: Her mom didn't want her to be with Dakota in the very beginning, like her her mom and her stepdad are like, no, like, you should not be with him, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Why is he moving in?
Speaker 1: But then Taylor admits that she has daddy issues, and I think that that says.
Speaker 3: A lot like your picker's usually off.
Speaker 2: Well, I think she has a lot of shame, and I think when you have a lot of shame, sometimes you can feel insecure and you can do things that you wouldn't normally do.
Speaker 3: And now she's in over her head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she's like, I met my dad when I was four and he's like, what's up, kid?
Speaker 3: I never saw him again? Yeah, sad.
Speaker 2: Then we see Dakota come by to move out all the things. Dakota admits to deleting text and hiding some truth. He breaks down in his confessional because he regrets what he's done. He wants to make this relationship and ship work for their son, like did he go to the same school as Jack's on lines to say. Then Jen and Zach are doing ketamine treatment together. Okay, alcohol no ketamine? Yes, okay? Can we talk about that? Is that something you need to do? I mean I think it's let me just say yes. Someone said in the crowd said yes, but they chose not to do a couple's therapy.
Speaker 3: But they're doing ketamine, and so what they.
Speaker 2: Do because they don't want to do the work on each do do You Take You Back to? It deletes your past trauma, supposedly trying.
Speaker 3: To delete their past relationship, but it's going to come back every single time, and we're going to see it.
Speaker 2: I don't think Zach's changed, just I believe Zach's changed as much as I believe that Ben Affleck is his cousin.
Speaker 3: I'm there with you.
Speaker 2: Then, Miranda's hosting a happy hour at her house, complete with mocktails and a cheeseboard that says Mom Talk, this is giving. Remember when Denise had an ice sculpture at her house and it was a diamond? Diamond, no, ma'am.
Speaker 3: I mean, and not to manually.
Speaker 1: There's enough cheese and croissants to feed like the whole state of Utah.
Speaker 2: Miranda claims her intention in wanting to rejoin Mom Talk is because she's a single mom and she misses the friendship she had and she wants to get that bag.
Speaker 3: She wants that bag she wants to The villain is just so happy she didn't know there she's like. But either way, I love the show so much.
Speaker 2: I hope you guys are watching and will continue to recap the episodes soon