Speaker 1: So, seeing as it's nineteen eighty nine and we're about to enter the nineties, I thought we could get a little bit of help from somebody to just kind of make it easier to step into the new decade ahead of us with some of the lingo.
Speaker 2: Do you want us to tell you what year it is? Or no?
Speaker 1: I already know what year it is. It's nineteen eighty nine. Okay, eighties have been rad.
Speaker 3: Eighties have been radical, but eighties have been really been radical and tubular.
Speaker 2: All those both of you insane writer?
Speaker 4: What year is that?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 6: Come on?
Speaker 3: Clearly? Will Fredell just told me it was so exactly. We're entering a whole new world.
Speaker 2: Run through the nineties. Ye well, there was coffee in there.
Speaker 4: That is coffee in your hair, in my hair?
Speaker 2: Okay, nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 6: I love.
Speaker 2: The eighties have been amazing.
Speaker 6: I'm only eight. Well yeah, oh that's great.
Speaker 1: This is even better because as you enter the nineties, we're going to be hit with all this new lingo, and I think we should be prepared. Okay, so maybe somebody can teach us a little bit about it.
Speaker 6: Easton, can you roll that so we can figure out how to speak in the nineties, because.
Speaker 5: If you've stayed up with the times, you know that awesome or big time. We'll get the point across as in, that was an awesome evening segment I just saw. Well, here are some other phrases you want to know if you want to be sure to sound hip in the nineties.
Speaker 6: Yo, a greeting, no curb. What's up?
Speaker 4: Clutch the Pearls said in amazement or disbelief.
Speaker 7: Well you know he's married, Clutch the Pearls.
Speaker 8: Fucked in the eighties. It was just wasted.
Speaker 6: I don't know how many I had, but boy did I get fucked.
Speaker 9: I shift felt to the next morning.
Speaker 6: That was really the worst thing I'd ever done.
Speaker 8: I hope you didn't drive home no way.
Speaker 5: Mcgiver is in the TV show where the impossible is often accomplished.
Speaker 6: I can't believe you got off that speeding ticket.
Speaker 5: What a mcgivers Norville too secretly undermine what.
Speaker 8: I don't believe you saw your job? You really the novels.
Speaker 5: Black and Decker or a real tough assignment.
Speaker 8: You get the analogy right.
Speaker 3: This job is a real grind, just a Black and Decker.
Speaker 8: Some phrases may be around forever.
Speaker 6: Well, look, I got a run five time.
Speaker 5: One last word for words of the nineties, You got to remember that hip slang changes rather quickly, so if you want to use any of these phrases, you better use them.
Speaker 8: In a hurry.
Speaker 5: I mean, think apart Simpson. Kwabunga is dreadfully out a day, horridly out of style. And you don't want to appear bisotic?
Speaker 8: Do you.
Speaker 4: What issotic?
Speaker 2: Bisotic?
Speaker 4: Okay Yo definitely had become popular, sure.
Speaker 6: But when's the last time you norviled somebody.
Speaker 2: That was a real black and decor.
Speaker 3: But Diver did have a moment where you'd be like you told me, said no. The way they said it was like you got out of us driver, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like you're calling that person mcgiver ver like.
Speaker 4: You diver or something. And people were I don't think they still use it.
Speaker 2: How they do?
Speaker 1: How did nobody realize that they were shooting that the guy saying I got so bucked last night and man, I'm hurting this morning. No one was like, let's maybe come up with a different scenario.
Speaker 6: No, so I.
Speaker 2: Never heard anyone say bucked for drum ever, never What'snorville? Was there a show?
Speaker 4: There must have been a character from something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a weird Noorville Yo. Clutch the pearls.
Speaker 8: That's it.
Speaker 6: That's still around kind of, isn't it.
Speaker 4: But that's an old saying. That's like an old timey saying.
Speaker 2: And I think the use now is like faux faux outrage. So like, you know, she was wearing a pink purse with red shoes. Oh no, clutch the pearl gotcha?
Speaker 6: Okay, so there. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wanted this to be prepared as we hit the nineties and these are apparently the big popular slang we're gonna need to know.
Speaker 8: Sure.
Speaker 2: I mean, I missed Strafty Bright, so it's not my list. It's not on my list, just like I gotta look that up.
Speaker 6: I thought the acting was so great and some of that some of those clips too. I watched that like ten times, like, oh god, this is brilliant.
Speaker 3: There was a there was a moment where a group of friends from sebastiwo you would call each other Stanley, which is like calling.
Speaker 4: Them a tool.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting, I kind of remember that Stanley.
Speaker 4: Okay, Stanley, remember cool, let's bring that back so school. Yeah. I have noticed people using heck a lot lately.
Speaker 1: Oh my kids love heck like as in hell but not hell like what the heck no, but also.
Speaker 2: Like heck heck yeah, heck yeah, heck.
Speaker 4: Yeah, getting good.
Speaker 6: Is that just so they don't say the F word?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's also just a cooler I don't know. I don't love it.
Speaker 3: I like heck yeah, heck yeah. I think I like heck yeah because it's it's just it has a good like. I mean, it's a good replacement for.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he says.
Speaker 2: Keaton says, dang it. I love dang it.
Speaker 1: But dang it, dang it, but dang it.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Pond meets World. I'm Danielle fischall right.
Speaker 4: Or strong, and I'm bucked. Got the buck last, doesn't I remember it?
Speaker 6: So bucks?
Speaker 4: I really want today.
Speaker 6: You didn't home, of course, not. My god could barely sit.
Speaker 2: Over the past four years and seven seasons of recaps, we hope you've not only learned more about the show Boy Meets World, but you've also gotten to know the people who made it possible. The folks you didn't see on screen are, in most cases, even more important than those you did. Making a TV show is hard, making a good one is sometimes impossible. It's vital to have strong contributors and departments like wardrobe, hair and makeup, stage managers, script supervisors, props, the writer's room. The list goes on and on and on. Without a well oiled machine and a strong showrunner, it would be very difficult to produce a show that warrants a rewatch podcast. Forty years later and today, as we approached the final episode of Boy Meets World to recap, there's only one person from that legendary crew we wanted to talk to. He's not only the last person to ever yell cut on the Boy Meets World stage as the director of the clip show adjacent two part series finale, he was also around for the entire journey, watching us walk in as bright eyed teens and leave as jaded twenty somethings. He shaped our performances, but more importantly, he shaped our lives. While on tour. We had numerous listeners talk to us about our guests this week, about how calming and caring he seems, how it's obvious he was the protection we needed on set, How he nurtured our interests outside the sound stage and hoped we'd flourish into creative adults. How we're lucky to have him. When he came to one of our live shows and fans asked to take pictures with him in the audience, we couldn't help but smile. We get it. He rules. This week, to close out our Boy Meets World recaps, we are talking to actor, producer, director, and painter. It's our guy, Jeff McCracken.
Speaker 8: Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 6: You know him. You know him from that volleyball show Chicago.
Speaker 8: Oh god.
Speaker 2: We were in our last episode we were doing. We were talking about we had little some little stings that we dropped in Easton dropped in for us, and writer said he wanted to use the Christopher Nolan dramatic you know, like all.
Speaker 3: The trailers and nowadays there was a man on a planet. So now we're just throwing it in everywhere everywhere we can.
Speaker 10: Jack McCracken, there, it is still horrifying, that's it important, still hard.
Speaker 2: Well, Jeff, Well.
Speaker 8: I'm for climped. I just watched the episode. I'm for Climped. I gotta tell you, guys, it was a trip, yeah, trip.
Speaker 4: Yeah trip.
Speaker 3: We were actually surprised to realize that it was a clip show that like the last two episodes were all just clips.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you don't remember that.
Speaker 2: No, Well, and we did have a question for you, Will had made the made the I guess you suggested that. Did we shoot one and two as one episode and then later they decided to split it?
Speaker 8: No, he was always intended to be split.
Speaker 4: Okay, all the clips are supposed to be there.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they knew they it was a Disney ABC thing, and they knew that to put all those clips in it would take more than twenty two minutes. So so they were totally on board for it, Parker. I mean, it was kind of where it was going. We knew it because at the minute when Matt Nelson wrote it, you know, he had to he had to address all those clips, and in the script it was just insert scripts here, clips here.
Speaker 6: It did. That's what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: I didn't remember the script actually saying like, Okay, this is where we're going to put a clip.
Speaker 8: This is where we're Karen McCain and the producer, and Matt and Michael and me and Marco. We all sat and we you know, we grabbed all these clips. We knew, we knew pretty much what we were going to use. You know. So that's when we were going, oh, well, you know, to write the scene, you knew you had to back it up with the clips you had. You had the top it with the clips. It's to have meaning. So we knew where those clips were, we knew the basic you know what we needed to grab.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, okay, So can you weigh in on the question that we've had if if do you remember how much discussion there was about a sequel show that we were setting up potentially with like us in New York, Like was that already being talked about.
Speaker 8: It was bantered about. I mean, you never close the door, especially when you guys are as popular as you were, So the idea was, yeah, you always leave the door open. I don't. That's why it was sort of truncated with with Will going to New York. All of a sudden, You're going to There was no lead up to that, There was no story. There was I shouldn't I shouldn't spoil anything for the second episode but part two. But but but bottom line, that's the genesis of that was always to say, look, these guys are so beloved and in such a hit show that yeah, you want to you know, that show had run its course. So you guys are off into the new world, the New Land, and so that was going to be explored. And uh, I think Will was going to Eric was going to become a.
Speaker 6: Birth clown.
Speaker 8: No, well a professional cuddler who was actually a serial killer. Yeah, no, no, I.
Speaker 1: Think I remember Michael telling me that it was that Eric was going to become New York's biggest birthday clown.
Speaker 8: That was.
Speaker 6: He was like, that's how we meet you.
Speaker 1: We see you on the subway and you're in a full thing of balloons and you're dressed like a full clown.
Speaker 8: And he was like he was.
Speaker 6: Trying to sell me on it. I remember just being like, this doesn't doesn't that will be?
Speaker 8: You know that? But no, you know, in fact, you're bringing something up very close to me, which is which is I always thought you know your character and watching the show now all seven seasons, and I'll start with you first, your character. For me, I think they missed a huge opportunity or which we did on because there were certain episodes where you were really smart and you got it, you key didn't to everything and and there was a beautiful moment at the end in this in this two parter where you and Feeny connect and it's it's a beautiful moment about your intelligence and about your potential and everything else. And and forget me if I get emotional talking about this show, because I just watched it, and I'm telling you it really affected me deep really did. I love you guys so much in the show and the characters. I mean, just you guys were so brilliant anyway, but I just thought that we missed a boat on developing your character Will in showing off your intelligence. It would have been such such a better character to have this dichotomy of of him you really being really smart, right and and and showing that almost autistic You're like, you have this dynamic of intelligence that your potential and your character and your Joan de viv is such that you just can't help yourself, you know. And that was the thing that I always felt. May watch all the shows now and I'm listening to you guys talk and examine and and criticize the show and take it apart, and it really really, you know, it was a big miss for me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: And it's funny that you say that Eric clearly was on the spectrum yeah. I mean he really, he really was, and to play that up in a different way in the last couple of seasons would have been interesting. We always talk about one of the things that I think would have helped a lot would have been giving him some sort of a relationship, you know, yes, man, woman, whatever, but giving him something to you know, to kind of ground him a little more than he was.
Speaker 6: And I get why they were doing what they were doing.
Speaker 1: You know, they were kind of floating Eric from scene to scene to come in with a big, hard laugh.
Speaker 6: So I like I understood it. But yeah, I agree with you one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: I would I would like to have seen more Season five ish Eric.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which also was when Eric was in his most most scenes with Phoenie, which was such a great dynamic. So like if I had time machine, you know, I would get rid of the entire uh, you know, Rachel Jack storyline. It's it's as much as the you know, I feel bad saying that, but Eric, like becoming a teaching assistant with Feenie would have been like an amazing dynamic, you know, like some some workplace dynamic with Feenie and Eric, you know, at the college together would.
Speaker 4: Have been enough like that that would have been enough.
Speaker 3: Then you could have grass guest stars come in and create all kinds of stuff. But I feel like our cast got so big, you know, like we added Trina, Rachel Jack and then you just feel like, you know, Alan and Amy drop off, Pheene drops off, and it's it's too.
Speaker 8: Bad Toty and Alex were eliminated, which really really missed I mean that dynamic. But you know, it's interesting in terms of the Eric character. One of the things that I really enjoyed in all the episodes and some of the scenes, you know, it really stuck with me. But to show that I love working with you the most with Will was when you became the weather man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was.
Speaker 8: It showed you, It showed everybody that you were not just you know a good yeah. So you know, you have real gravitaze as a character. And that's what I really missed from that perspective, and and and and you know you they would key into it here and there, but sometimes it was just too short shrifted for me too. Ed hoc.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I agree, And I think they tried to pull it back a little bit at the end with the brotherly shove episode. Is that what it was with the with cleaning out the garage?
Speaker 6: But yeah, it was a.
Speaker 1: Little a little too much, a little a little too little.
Speaker 6: Too late, I think with with Eric towards the end there.
Speaker 8: And also your scenes with the Rusty were always superb. Yeah, I love with just just great great you know, quid pro quo there and and and you know, he's a great grounding force forew and you and you gave him such h stuff to work with too, so it was like it was really a great a great give and take. But yeah, but that's that's the only the only thing other than that, you just you know, your character was brilliant. You brought, you brought you know, you brought the joy every time you every time you just hit it.
Speaker 1: Well, we can still I mean we talked about this the last time you're on, but we can still tell.
Speaker 6: By our performances a Jeff McCracken episode.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we can't.
Speaker 1: Just we're just more comfortable. Yeah, we don't even it's like we just we are. We're a different cast. When you were directing the show, I mean, we just were.
Speaker 2: Do you remember the conversation around it being was it just a given that of course you were going to direct the finale, Like, how did that conversation come about?
Speaker 8: Very interesting because I had left the company. I had left. I just done was directing in My Pitty Blue at the time, so and I was I had I had come back. Michael asked me to come back direct the last show, and uh, I was available, so I said absolutely, So I had missed. Really season seven, you know a great deal. I came back. I think it directed maybe one or two earlier, and.
Speaker 3: It Yeah, because season seven is uh not our best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is also we've talked about it directing wise. This was the season of Hey, my friend lives down the street and wants to come direct an episode.
Speaker 6: So we're going to let them.
Speaker 1: And it was kind of like okay, and it's nice that other people were getting opportunities certainly, but there was no continuity.
Speaker 4: Well I have a question to that, Jeff.
Speaker 3: So when you say you left the company, because you had been working under Michael Jacob's company, and you had been on the feature side doing producing, right, like helping produce quiz show and find product and stuff. But so when you even when you weren't directing, you were in the office always around, so were you you were always part of the creative conversation surrounding Boy meets World.
Speaker 8: I wouldn't say always, you know, because because a lots of times when I was doing Dinosaurs, for instance, I wasn't involved with The Boy at all for the first two seasons, I mean the run throughs. I would come to the shows, but I was involved in that creative process at Yeah.
Speaker 2: And at this point now he had directed Dinosaurs, You Wish, Zoe, Duncan, Jack and Jane, and then it had gone on to NYPD Blue, So right right, yeah, and.
Speaker 8: I did yeah, And so so the idea for me was my my focus was features at first Dinosaurs and then the features, but then when I got a Boy, it became Boy. I mean I just loved it. I just found a home there. It was just the best. And and then then I then we started directing the other shows, and that's when I my my my again. My attention was, you know, hiring writing staffs for all the other shows and developing material and storylines all that stuff or the other shows. So it became very fractured, and I think it shows. I think it shows in terms of the focus on Boy, because we had some great writers. Don't get me wrong, and I love our writers, but but just there's just so much attention you can give. And my Michael was just we had like four shows on the air one time. Yeah, it was just crazy. And I don't know how he did it, you know, as my wife said, I never saw you you and you were you basically seven years but I you know, it was just uh, it was a great time, great great you know amount And I credit you guys for holding the forward every show, you know, bringing it, bringing it. Your characters were always you know, front and center and uh, indelible. And watching the last episode, these last two episodes, it's amazing how your characters are just so iconic, they become almost archetypal. You know, it's just amazing, amazing characters, and you brought it off through good and bad. Your podcasts have been just sensational. Let me just tell you something. I've learned so much listening to them so much. It's been great. Sometimes you know, not so great.
Speaker 6: But is there okay?
Speaker 1: So when when do you has there been a time that you've been screaming at your radio because we clearly have got something horribly wrong.
Speaker 6: All wrong, and you're like Oh my god, that's not even close.
Speaker 8: I have to say, it's on the other side of that, I've been surprised more often how right you were and how and how astute you are and and and from your perspective and seeing it in hindsight, you know, that's that's that's why you know, I look at you as as adults now and you're you've got families, and you're married, and it's like, uh, you have a totally different viewpoint of this of the show now, and it's what's been so refreshing. And to hear you talk about it not from your personal standpoint, but also as adults looking back. And that would gives me an idea of asking you if you could talk to yourselves. Yes we may have Dori address this and maybe some podcasts, but if you could address yourself as yourself back in the day now, granted it was seven years of growth, was there a particular point in the show that you would want to give yourself advice at this point?
Speaker 3: I mean, for me, it's just clearly like be present, like because by season six I'm so happy in it as an actor. I can see it, you know, like because when I because it's so you know, when I before we did the podcast, when I remembered Boy Meets World, I remembered season six and seven, and so it was such a surprise to go back and see how good the show was out of the gate, and also to be impressed with little Writer and be like, dude, writer, you were bringing it, like there's something cool here that you were doing, and like, especially when we got into season two and three with you directing, I was like, oh my god, this is like you know, all the Tony stuff. I was like, this is great stuff, Like you should be proud of this. Why did I spend so much time? And then I get to season six, I'm like, that's why I stopped caring, you know, Like I wanted to go to colle I was going to college, and I'm I'm I'm I feel like I was a missed opportunity, you know, because I look at like what Will was doing, which was just committing wholehearted, like this is your career, man, this is your life, you know. But I was seventeen. I wanted to do other things to be you know, I wanted to like break out and become a different person, and I felt that the show was holding me back, and I would love to go back and tell, you know, a little writer, like, it's not going to hold you back, dude, you could still be great in the show and go to college like you know, you just show up when you're there and like, actually, but I'm kind of happy in it and that sucks.
Speaker 8: You know. That's a bummer half thing, though it is kind of plays into the cool character of sure.
Speaker 2: To claim it is a choice.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, no.
Speaker 3: It's I actually think they unfortunately they they didn't know how to write to me anymore. Like, because we talked about on the podcast, like they just Sean just became generic angst right, like emotional in emotional inability to express himself and like that's actually very uninteresting to watch, I would say. And I think that there were you know, they were better versions of that earlier when I was younger and with Tony and like, and I think as the older they got lazy and I got lazy, and so Sean just kind of became this like I just get a deal, No Angela, I'm not ready for this. It's like, well, well, let's let's dig it a little deeper, let's find you know. And I think if I had been more president as an actor. They also would have been more president. We would have like met somewhere more interesting, so you know, but yeah, it's it's it.
Speaker 8: Bums me out, I get, you know, and I totally support that. I think you're right and this sense that I think that from a writer's standpoint, I think they let the ball down. I think they dropped the ball with you and in respects to not giving you the next step of your development, right, they kept you kind of you know, one tone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we all got stuck on it.
Speaker 8: And that's when you get and then it's not that your fault that you got kind of like, well what am I doing here? You know a thing? You know, give me something challenging and I'll you know you man at the bar, I know you would.
Speaker 2: Right, you all did every time, you know, well do you want to go?
Speaker 6: H yeah, Mine would be exactly what we talked about.
Speaker 1: I'd go back to probably season six, the start of season six, and I wish I took more ownership over Eric, meaning like I would like to have gone. I don't other than to kind of shoot the hang out and have some fun. I never really may other than once or twice went to the writer's room and was like, this is what I'd like to do, This is where I'd like to see the character going, this is what I and so I would do that if I could go back and do it again, because I would have grounded Eric a lot more in season seven.
Speaker 6: But this is you know, did you feel you could do that?
Speaker 1: It wasn't that I did, you know. It wasn't that I didn't feel I could. It was always an open room to where you know. It was never like, oh, we were not allowed in there. So I certainly wouldn't have didn't feel that way by that point. My mental illness had kicked in something fierce between season six and seven, so that was a whole nother reason.
Speaker 6: But even before that.
Speaker 1: I prided myself on the idea of no matter what you give me, I'll make it funny. And that's probably as an actor not the way to go. It should be more, let's work on the character and make sure you know this is so asinine, like again by sneezing the lottery numbers. It's kind of like I would love to have gone and been like, guys, this is where this is now absurd. Let's let's let's ground it let's give him somewhere to go. But that was I mean, that's on me as an actor. I didn't it was you know, somebody once said of me, You're the funniest, laziest actor I've ever met in my life, and I.
Speaker 6: Think that's probably accurate.
Speaker 1: Where it was just I wasn't really putting in a ton of work. I was putting in work on the set, but I wasn't. It became so easily for me that I wasn't taking acting classes. I wasn't working on the craft, which is something that you need to do. This is Yeah, being the cute kid that can be in a Skittles commercial only takes you so far and eventually you have to say, no, this is this is important. This is something that needs study, It needs reflection, and it needs to break down a character. I need to learn how to do this. And I never took ownership of my career in that way. I just guided on the I.
Speaker 6: Can smile and be funny, and that's you know, I can glide on that.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 4: Because you're not gliding, you're succeeding. I mean, that's the thing. You're getting paid very well. We're you know, we're we're at the height.
Speaker 2: Of I'm so happy you guys were getting paid very well.
Speaker 4: It must be nice, daniel.
Speaker 2: Tell me more about.
Speaker 8: What that was.
Speaker 6: But it's true.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, I would have I would have taken it more so. I felt like I took it seriously because but I also felt like I was so living my dream that I didn't I wasn't thinking too moves ahead.
Speaker 6: I was playing checkers when I should have been playing chess.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, it's been a child actor, man.
Speaker 3: You know, that's just like we just if you come to acting as an adult, that's just part of the You just know that because you have to keep working at it. When you have the luck that we did and the chances that we did, it does it sets you in a mode it's unfortunate.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would probably tell myself a couple I would tell myself a couple things. One, listen to Jeff McCracken, because Jeff McCracken tried to tell me over and over again, Danielle, you're good, get into some classes, pursue the craft. Learn the craft. And I watching season six and seven, which are by far my least favorite episodes of the show. I am clearly though the most comfortable even though I was uncomfortable in my skin. As an actor, I was way more comfortable and I was funny even if I wasn't being given like I was supposed to be the straight man to Corey's comedy. But I did a lot with that, and I had really great moments that I just didn't allow myself to acknowledge or feel good about because I was so focused on feeling uncomfortable in my skin. And so one I would say, like, absolutely, get into classes and develop that more. Figure out who you are outside of this one written character. And then two I would also have told myself that you do not realize it now, but you will realize it later that you have internalized a lot of patriarchal and misogynistic beliefs and a lot of the things you think are being shaped by men who are telling you that's the way you should think, and it's actually like pick me girl behavior that you're eventually going to grow out of and see beyond. And so that's also that was also shaping a lot of the way I felt about myself and about the show.
Speaker 6: That's not right, Daniel, let me tell you how you felt.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, well, thank you. I appreciate you helping you. It's so funny happens why I love these guys. So, yeah, that's what I would go back and say too.
Speaker 8: That's really interesting because you know, at the bottom, you know, you're it's hard to writer's point, it's hard when you're a child actor and you're coming up and you're so as talented as you are, and your instincts are running, are so good, all of you that you you do not you take it for granted, but that it's like you're getting paid, you're week to week. It's it's a it's a grind. You Do you have even time to think? I mean, do you have time to consider anything else? You're going to school, You're, you're, you're, you're, you know, you're living a life, You're you're, you're doing the show. It's all consuming and and so I you know, give yourselves a break, you know. But I love your thoughts. I mean, I love, I love, I love you know you're talking to yourselves like that because you know, it resonates really hard, really well in all the podcasts that you've been doing. You know, it just it just it's there. But I apologize for the misogynistic dynamic of the show.
Speaker 2: No, it wasn't. Certainly there are yeah, certainly there are moments, but overall, I don't necessarily walk away from the show, you know. I mean maybe maybe in some seasons more than others.
Speaker 4: First of all, yes, that's true, definitely.
Speaker 8: I mean they or they should have had a better out for you because because or not go because it was That's where I felt the leverage of the common sense of the character felt faltered for me. Yeah, it was not the Panga that was not was not earned and so I had to have been earned for in a in a better way for you to say, I'm not going to do to Yale. Yeah, totally.
Speaker 6: Speaking of speaking on that, were you there?
Speaker 1: I apologize if we covered this on an earlier podcast, but were you there for any of the discussion of changing to Panga from hippie to kind of the girl she becomes?
Speaker 8: Well, I think it was an evolution by virtue of notes from both this network in the studio and and also the dynamic of do we want to do we want to limit her growth by keeping her just in one subset of being the hippie, dippy girl. You know, I think the idea was to bring her along. And she's a smart cookie, so is the idea. And she's smarter than Corey. So the idea was to always her be the foil for him, and and and sometimes you know, you know, she really, you really grew in Pega really grew into a wonderful woman. Even as a small girl, she was already formed in her sensibilities. And that's what was a wonderful And it made Corey very immature in a lot of ways. So gave it was a great, you know, a great backstop for him. That's why as the series got into the other seasons, I found that they lost that with you. You know, you became more of service to Corey and his story as opposed to your story. Yes, that's why I fought the show for that, and and you know that those are the seasons I weren't I wasn't around. But also I you know, I see it, I see it clearly now. You know that's a shame. It's a shame for me.
Speaker 2: Do you know, did anyone ever kind of push back during season seven? Maybe slightly confused by character motivation changes, Like was there anyone what was the morale of the show like at the time the writers.
Speaker 8: I really wasn't in around the seven seasons, so I can't really put my face anger on it. But you know that when I when I came back to the show and I did the other two shows, I saw it was happening, and I was going, Okay, you know, this is this is where we are right now. And I was just trying to salvage what I could. And then the last when I was doing the Clips show, I was so enamored with all the clips, you know, that I almost lost sight of what was happening in the show because it just seemed like, oh, well, they've earned all these decisions this season, all the shows, and I thought, well, they must have earned you know, Will going to New York and you know, going to New York and and Corey taking in about Face and all this, and I said, well then this is this is you know, and then Jack going off to the Peace Corps with with with Mazeland. I you know, it's just Rachel. I just so I just thought, oh, this is what's happening. You know, they've earned this, but they I don't know that they had. I mean I look at oh this was just a quick bow they put on this on the show for what writer was saying, you know earlier about se possibly.
Speaker 1: And so what you weren't there for most of seven, but you were there when Matt came on in season five.
Speaker 8: Right, I mean, yeah, Matt I hired him that Well, that's.
Speaker 6: My question, what is how did that come about?
Speaker 1: Was that was he seemed a bit like a Disney Network note where it's like, hey, Matt Lawrence is available, let's put him on the show. Was or did you guys go after Matt Lawrence? And then same for Maitland, Like where how did those.
Speaker 4: Pepell you met Matt Nelson?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, no, no, no, no, no Lawrence, Matt Lawrence.
Speaker 8: That was a thing whereby you know, these actors have like, uh, these these overall deals with with with studios, you know, they and they and the and so Matt had a deal with Disney. You know, they were gonna and they wanted to develop a show for Matt. And so that's how that evolved. It was like, well, you got Matt, put him on our show. You know, that's kind of worked out, and then they found the end to make him, you know, the brother. One of the things I also am remiss about is is Danielle having you know, bang having six or three different sets of pearance, the older sisters disappearing, and this and that, I mean, and and double casting and with Morgan. There were things like that that were just were really disturbing to me overall, you know, just as continuity because the show took it. The show was really grounded and had a real authenticity to it, so that then to throw these kind of things in there, it was jarring. It's still it still jars me, you know when I watch it. But but those are things that were political and financial and all those other things.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we had no we couldn't control any of that. Dancing with the Stars is looking for a new pro and since last season I came in eighth place. I'm basically an expert easy there.
Speaker 9: I've spent my entire life in the ballroom, so maybe you.
Speaker 4: Could use some help.
Speaker 2: I'm Danielle Fischl and I'm vouch Merkovsky, and we have a new podcast called Stepping on Toes with Danielle and Vow.
Speaker 9: Every week we're breaking down Dancing with the Stars the next pro to find out who I'll be sharing the ballroom with next season.
Speaker 2: I'll be asking the questions every fan is thinking.
Speaker 9: And I'll take you behind the choreography of judging the performances and what it takes to compete in front of millions.
Speaker 2: Plus we'll be joined by some very special guests.
Speaker 9: It's time to crown a new Dancing with the Stars pro So let us be your guys to this once in a lifetime opportunity.
Speaker 2: Do you think I could win?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: Listen to Stepping on Toes on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. What are some of your memories about that final week of taping, like being on set with us, our emotions, the decision to not rehearse the final scene. Allek, what what do you remember about those conversations.
Speaker 8: Well, I know that i'd come back from ny People Blue and as I walked on the set, I mean, we did the table read and whatnot. And I don't know if I remember this will, but we had we had rehearsed a lot of the show, and I was backstage and I was very emotional. I was just just kind of like being quiet, and I don't know if I don't, you probably don't remember this will, But you were walking to the set and we locked eyes and I'll never forget the look you gave me, and boy, it was it was very powerful. And it summed up my entire feeling about leaving you guys, you know, and having left you guys and then coming back. And I think the idea of of now really saying goodbye was just overwhelming to me. Yeah, and so that's why in rehearsing that last scene, I did not want to go near it because this is and and I have to say, that scene was just unbelievable. I don't know how Bill held it together. I don't know how he held it together. I mean he I noticed that what he would Bill would do is he would take his fingers and yeah, you know, his side and whenever it got emotional or you know, it was was in his in his groove. And I noticed he did a lot of that, rubbing his composure because I was I was marveled at him. And it was also ben to not breaking in the final moment. So there's a credit to all of you. I mean, the first hug that you gave him, I'm in the second.
Speaker 2: It's fine. We remember the scene.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, that's one that's pretty indelible.
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't remember getting.
Speaker 1: Up to the scene, like the anything that the three of us literally remember two things about the second episode, ben or Corey now talking to his thirty eight year old little brother who was a baby episodes before.
Speaker 6: And the final scene with Foenie. That's that's it.
Speaker 1: Like, none of us remember anything else about the episode. So it's that's going to be an interesting one to watch.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it'll be yeah, it's all good. It's all good. But yeah, yeah, it'll be interesting. It'll be interesting.
Speaker 2: How old is the Joshua character when he comes out into the backyard, would you say, is he four?
Speaker 1: Five?
Speaker 8: Yeah? He's like four, which is okay? Which is.
Speaker 6: Get a cigar?
Speaker 8: Well? That was it was Michael's son, you know, I go.
Speaker 6: But did that?
Speaker 3: Did we have a kid earlier in the week? And then they pulled the kid and Mike was always going to be Michael's son.
Speaker 8: Michael said, Daniel is going to be in the show.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, he's driving himself to set tomorrow.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 8: Uh yeah, I remember remember uh Any coming to the set and working with them, and he was just, you know, a kid in the headlights. Seems like you could never you know, focus very sweet, a very sweet scene.
Speaker 2: Did we do that final scene with Bill saying his iconic line believe in yourselves, dream, try do good, and I love you all class dismissed? Did we do that in front of the audience?
Speaker 6: I think we did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was the last scene we did on the show, last show.
Speaker 8: Absolutely we did. I remember the audience was just on pins and needles. They were.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't remember. That's how the long remember it really did. I don't remember the audience. I remember this. I remember the emotion and being in the scene with all of you, But as far as I remember, it was just us on a set alone, robot camera operators like I know, I had no It was as if we were in.
Speaker 3: A very clear visual memories sitting off stage looking at the set and thinking, this is the last time we're going to be in the classroom.
Speaker 1: And it was the same side as the audience, didn't they.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we were off to the left of the audience.
Speaker 2: Correct. I remember that.
Speaker 3: I remember just like being all tense and nervous, and I remember being worried because we never rehearsed the scene and then we rehearsed.
Speaker 4: It, or we did it. We all lost it.
Speaker 3: And then I remember the big debate was do we need to do another take or not because Bill had done this thing where he went to shake my hand before, right, and that was the big debate. And then everyone was like and I remember, Jeff, I think you were like, I can't do it to them, We're not doing it.
Speaker 8: I'm not going And that's a beautiful moment, you know. So it's an accidents of the best, the best. There's always the best things that happened. Accidents are I lived for accidents. So so. And also, yeah, Daniel, I'm surprised because when you you were the first one to hug Bill. Yeah, the audience literally gassed. They just were like, so.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was I remember walking off the set.
Speaker 1: Bill is still walking through the classroom and about to say the iconic line, and we're just trying not to audibly cry.
Speaker 6: We're all doing.
Speaker 1: And we're kind of we're holding each other in that little hallway out right outside the set and we're hugging each other as he's doing the line. That's I remember that more than almost anything from the entire night. That's like kind of all I remember, because it is it became such a blur of.
Speaker 8: It is.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's like you can equate it to school or whatever you want, but it's on Thursday night, this has been your life for seven years, and you wake up Friday morning and you're.
Speaker 6: Like, never doing that again, and it's very very odd. Where again then?
Speaker 1: But I guess you never do because Girl meets World you get to you get to do it again.
Speaker 8: But it was how many years was it between boy and Girl? Fourteen fourteen? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well twenty thirteen was when we started casting, okay.
Speaker 6: And twenty sixteen is when Ryder and I found out there was a show.
Speaker 2: Twenty thirteen was when we I think we shot the pilot in twenty thirteen and then it aired in twenty fourteen. Maybe the reshoot was also in twenty fourteen. So yeah, So.
Speaker 6: Which one of us was the most like Dennis Franz?
Speaker 2: Good question.
Speaker 8: I wouldn't do it to you guys.
Speaker 2: On tour, we unearthed the blooper reel from season seven and there is a clip that when we go to dogpile on mister Feenie in the classroom, we are hug of him. He's on the desk. Our hug of him collapses. The desk and it's it's unbelievable and we're all like, oh, and Bill's face is like, what the heck just happened? And everybody backs away and we're like are you okay? Are you okay? And we all just start laughing. I just want to it's we have to send it to you. If you haven't seen the season seven blooper reel, you have to take a look at it because it's the closest we ever came to the national treasure, that is Bill Daniels being injured, and yet it's so fun and he's he's laughing, so it's you know, it is so funny at the time that we did it, do you remember knowing that dream try do good and I love you all class dismissed. Do you remember thinking how important it was going to be like that it was just going to be iconic tattooed on thousands of people.
Speaker 8: I thought, I thought this was just a continuation of Fee's wisdom and brilliance and yeah, you know, emparking that to you guys, was was it was just it was like the capstone, you know show, and so but I never I don't think boy means were was going to be in reruns like it has been. I mean, I don't think anyone predicted the lasting effect the show would have with each generation discovering it. And it just goes to show you, you know, you know, as flawed as some of the stories were overall, and sometimes the character development overall, what the show brought to those young adolescents for watching that show is a way to identify and and and grow with you guys. Of all the issues that we dealt with on that show. I mean it listens, we tackled everything, and I think in a very tasteful and good way in most respects. So so it really for me kind of outweighs the blunders along the way, you know, except for the laziness in the later seasons that that to me is kind of unforgivable in a way. But I don't know why. I don't know what why they ran out of steam in a way that they did.
Speaker 6: Don't know, I never That's the joy of television though.
Speaker 1: That's one of the things that I always go back to, and I do this with Mash and all the shows, yes I mentioned Machigan.
Speaker 6: All the shows that I love.
Speaker 1: I always try to remind myself that every episode is somebody's favorite, right, you know, even the episodes we couldn't stand somewhere, somebody is like, that's the best episode.
Speaker 6: It's my favorite episode. I love it. So we try to keep that in our heads as well.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean we often try to compare it to other to the greatest sitcoms of all time, you're talking Cheers friends. Also, all of them had story problems, all of them had dad episodes.
Speaker 6: There's not a single show when every episode is great. There just isn't.
Speaker 4: And weirdly, I think if we had an eighth season, we could have brought it back very.
Speaker 6: Easily, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think if we had had a season where we kind of did a reset in terms of the because I mean every time we did reset, we found a new version of Boy Meets World.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that did kind of work.
Speaker 3: Like if we did a big reset, it did like this between seasons one and two, it's.
Speaker 4: A huge reset, all just a big reset.
Speaker 3: I feel like between you know, four and five, it's like there were ways and I think seven was just one of those moments it was like, okay, guys, just take a break, step back. And if we had come back into it. Not that I would have.
Speaker 4: I would have because I was out the door all like literally, but.
Speaker 6: Just it felt like senioritis.
Speaker 1: I mean, it just felt like even even writers we've had come on where they're like, yeah, we were playing a.
Speaker 6: Lot of tennis.
Speaker 1: Season seven, we were kind of we did the scripts and then again every week, and it was essentially like and and this person is going to direct this week, and we're like, oh, okay.
Speaker 8: It's kind of like knowing it's your last knowing knowing that it's your last season for the most part, you know, from that perspective, I think also is that is it's like the oh, well, you know, we're onto other things already. I mean all the other writers were looking for their jobs. I mean, yeah, of course, so yeah, but I was always on the seventh season. Even the sixth season. If you look at it, you know, friends was was very you know, it was it wasn't the Friends. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So the idea was and this was discuss of making you guys friends in New York. It really was a thing that was discussed that oh, we could do this in New York, you know, but it just it just became untenable because I think, uh, you know, for reasons of being likened to that show too much, you know, yeah, copying it and being dismissed, and we didn't want to do that to your characters. You know. I think a lot of a lot of let laying you know, sleeping Dog's life. You know, we we we we've we've mined all we can, you know at this level, you know, for the show.
Speaker 1: Okay, I I have a question for you. And and certainly not taking away from any of the writers whatsoever, because we had so many good writers throughout the years and they were just phenomenal at what they did. Taking Michael out of the equation, which writer do you think most got Boy Meets World and was really their voice was was so important?
Speaker 8: Hm hmm.
Speaker 6: From the beginning or just any anyone? Yeah, anyone?
Speaker 8: Well, I have to say Nelson because he came in and gave it to grab uh see, Michael. One of the things with Michael and I was I was talking about this before, was the it was the comedic dynamic and the dramatic moment, you know, and and Matt came from a very grounded dramatic moment thing, but he could also write comedy really well, so, so he really helped ground Michael. And uh, you know Buttonman and Blesking and and and and Sherman also was really he was a heart. He was he was the heart of the show. He Sheran was really the guy who, you know, was always the sensitive one. Matt was was pretty smart. And Matt was smart and and he liked the He had a razor's edge to him. He was very good, but but he also had great heart and great sensitivity. And Michael was very sensitive and it had great heart, but but he was also the moralizer and also the cartoon guy. You know, he loved you know, Mooney Tunes and so three Stooges. So he's he was that. So that combination was always kind of rumbling around. And and Susan Jansen was was really uh she brought a very feminine point of view, didn't let Michael get away with a lot. She was She stood up a lot for for the women on the show. Lots of times when Michael would go off the deep end, she would be there to say, oh, give me a break, you know. So you know, so it was it was really a group effort, and that's I think was minutes. So as special because it wasn't just one person. It was and if I'm admitting anybody, please forgive me. Manel was we know Manew. Manel was like this guy who never wrote before, came on the show and was became a star. So you know, you you you just have this group of writers and I could go on all of them, but but but I would say those were the core people that really Bobby and of course was sort of on the show, but but he was more focused on dinosaurs and developing the news shows. And then of course we cannot forget David Kendall. Kendall I adored, and uh, his loss is horrible. But Kendall and I we worked so well together and and when Michael was really busy with other shows, Kendall really ran that show. And uh, we had a blast. We had a blast together. And I always I could rely on him for you know, anything anything, you know, any kind of fix on the script or a note or he was always there in there swinging and and open and and uh, rooting for everybody. So that was a special season to have him there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you had to have predicted at the end of the show, if you had to say what you predicted each of us would go on to do free to do anything. Boy meets World's over. We're free to do anything we want to do. What would your honest opinion have been for where the three of us would have ended up?
Speaker 8: Oh wow, Uh, probably right where you are right.
Speaker 2: Now hosting a podcast.
Speaker 8: Well yeah, we didn't know a podcasts where what what what I mean is successful and in embracing your talent in a way that is your own. And I think that, you know, I thought Will would have his own show. I thought that was a given. I know, they were talking about it. Uh, you know, and uh and then I know I always thought would be you know, he's the poet, He's the guy who I thought always would would would would rise to be a director or be a writer. And uh also not to negate his acting ability, but he seemed, you know, writer, You seemed at the time that that last season very as you said, kind of removed, but also uh, very a deep thinker. So I thought, this guy is going on to do write something and and create something really really you know, significant. And then Danielle, I really thought, you know, I said, you know, go to acting class, gets you know, attack it. Uh, I wanted to see you on stage. I wanted to see you do Broadway, I wanted to see you do other work like that. So so I kind of thought that's maybe where you would end up, you know, going to New York and and doing the theater. But but that was kind of like just I think when I was thinking about it just now, it's kind of what just came to mind. But I don't at the time, I knew all of you would would go on to probably do more shows, more TV shows, more movies, you know, just what we've kind of done. And so I'm not I'm not surprised at all by by what you've accomplished or what you've set out to do. And and Danielle, you your your path, my gods, psychologists you know directly, I mean all these various dynamics too, and then h writer with writing and your podcast. Guys, let me just tell you now that this is coming to a close, and the branching out that you've done by taking care of this, this, this audience and also this this format is really inspiring. You guys are doing great. I love by the way, they're so good.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we're ready for part two.
Speaker 1: I know yeah, okay, So I have a question if if you, as an artist had to paint us, what version of us would you paint?
Speaker 8: H I think the version I would paint you mean during the show.
Speaker 1: Either during the show now, like which what what version of you have to do a painting of the three.
Speaker 6: Of us together?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 1: How old are we in the painting? What version of us are you? Are you using as your inspiration to make?
Speaker 8: Well? The classic? The classic? You know version would be these an echo of your of your younger selves against your older selves, you know, it would be something like that. So there'd be this ghosting effect of your younger selves to your older selves, because that's I think the journeys you've you've been on with podcasts and with your lives. You were handed an amazing, uh situation when you were kids, and for you to have navigated all of that and come out the way you have is just amazing. And so I I would want to paint something that addressed that. I would want to paint something that had that kind of arc for you all and where you're going. I can't wait to see the next chapter. I just can't wait.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 7: It's Jenny Garth, host of the I Choose Me podcast this week Monica Lewinsky. Yes, that Monica, the one the world tore apart. She's still standing, She's back and done hiding.
Speaker 2: It really felt like it was one of those situations where you literally do or die.
Speaker 7: Monica stared down shame and came out the other side, and she is here to change what you thought you knew.
Speaker 2: And it's sort of not over until we try it.
Speaker 7: A conversation that will inspire you to choose yourself starting today. Listen to IQ was Me on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about the Rat Party, the season seven Rat party. Did you get a watch? Did you get a tag watch for Michael?
Speaker 8: I know, I don't know. Did I go, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't remember being there, nor do I remember getting a watch.
Speaker 4: So you guys were definitely there.
Speaker 6: I had to have been.
Speaker 8: I don't know if I I was there. I remember A J and I were hanging out. Yeah, I remember, yeah, we were there. My Janet was there with me. Yeah, we were there, of course. I remember the party.
Speaker 2: Was it was it Diamonds?
Speaker 1: No, that was that was before I remember Jeff dancing at Denim and diamonds.
Speaker 6: Though I remember, I can literally.
Speaker 2: It was the season seven rat party.
Speaker 8: I was on the stage. It was.
Speaker 6: Somewhere in the valley.
Speaker 4: Will and I wore suits.
Speaker 3: We showed our video, so we got up on stage at one point, I mean there were multiple speeches made, but we got up on stage and then played our forty five minutes.
Speaker 4: That was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had our whole mockumentary about what's going to happen to where are they now? For the whole cast, and it killed.
Speaker 1: It killed, it did, and then and then we all got watches that Michael just had the trunk of his car like they'd fallen off of a truck.
Speaker 8: Well what he would do? Yeah, well he was a watch guy. Yeah, I can't. I have two watches. They just gave me arbitrarily, you know, really out of his house and go here take this. I don't. I don't want anymore. I go, what the hell is? It's a.
Speaker 6: What the hell?
Speaker 1: He told me that it was because I came up to him, uh like before the show ended in season seven, and I said, Hey, I'm going to miss you. I want one of your watch And I was saying it as a joke, but he said that that was what made him think of getting and I still have.
Speaker 6: Mine for a good time with Michael brilliant, right right?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well no, are you still in touch with aj We want to get her on.
Speaker 8: We want to talk. Oh yeah, no, yeah, I love a She used to maybe sit her kids too. I mean she's family.
Speaker 1: Can you please reach out to her for us and let her know that we would love to love to speak with her.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, Okay, my pleasure. No, she's you know, you don't know where she is, right, You know where she is what she's doing, don't you?
Speaker 6: She like runs something huge, doesn't she?
Speaker 8: Littlefields Company? Yeah, right, the Prison of the NBC. She's responsible for Fargo, this TV series, Fargo, Wow, for the movie with Michael Keaton and his addiction of the Addiction movie. She's She's executive produced tons of stuff.
Speaker 6: Didn't she also do Handmaid's Tale?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: Wasn't that Warren Fields Company?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's been killing it Fargo.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, so she's Yeah, she's been on it.
Speaker 2: We were also impressed with Jerry Levine's directing this season. He was given a chance his first foray into the field, and of course he would go on to become a very prolific TV director. What do you remember or do you remember anything about Jerry getting behind the camera.
Speaker 8: Well, Jerry, you know, we know the history of Jerry and Michael. They group, they knew each other. Yeah and yeah, and Jerry Nina his wife who later became the president of the CBS CBS GBS. Yeah, Nina Tessler and so so so Nina, Jerry, Michael and Patty and Jane and I. We hung out in New York all the time. We would go out. You know, we were always together. It was really fun, really a fun time. And when I wasn't drinking.
Speaker 2: We've heard stories about everyone having having some drinks and these get togethers.
Speaker 8: Oh god, yes, no boy the twenties anyways, So but he was always a great guy, always terrific and and uh had a very good career as an actor. And he was he's he's really uh, he's really done well. He's a great because he's a great guy. He's just a great guy. And Uh, anyway, when he came to direct, boy, I had the decision of whether I was I said, come come and you know, follow me, trail me on my show and uh and he did, and uh, I just backed away because I knew Michael would take care of him. I knew that that Jerry knew enough about performance for sure, uh that he could do that. And and I I just had to step back and let him sink or swim. I almost did that purposely to say, you know, uh, you have it. I'm not gonna send over your shoulder to make you feel like you can't do this, because I knew he could do it, you know, And so he was he was, he was, he was nervous, but he he came through. I thought, really, well, yeah, you know, and you guys liked him, so yeah, I loved working on him. Yeah it's worth yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: We have made a documentary. You are yet to see it. We we are planning on a tour in the new year with it. Are you excited to see it?
Speaker 8: How are you kidding? I was going to ask you, when do I get to see the dunk?
Speaker 2: Now, we could probably send you a link, but it's better to see. I don't know. Maybe maybe he would rather a link and watch it in his own house, but we would love for you to see it in the theater with us. We're going to when we when we tour in the New Year with it, when we're Will be in New York and we're well, we're going.
Speaker 1: To see you next month, right, Yes, coming to my party, coming to my birthday.
Speaker 6: Very excited, it's very excited for that.
Speaker 2: I can't Oh, I can't wait. Will's fiftieth prom themed birthday. I got a dress. I got a nineties prom dress.
Speaker 6: Did you nice?
Speaker 2: I bought a nineties prom dress from Poshmark too, so great. I love it. So, yeah, that's gonna be that's gonna be fun. It'll be nice to see you in person.
Speaker 8: Yeah, of course, you're not gonna have to wear tucks.
Speaker 6: You can dress however you'd like to.
Speaker 1: We say it's you're going to the prom in nineteen ninety four, but there's nothing enforced.
Speaker 6: Come however you'd like to come.
Speaker 8: That's dangerous, Okay.
Speaker 1: So we're giving awards to different things, best joke, best episode, that kind of stuff. So I'd like to ask you one or two. Do you have a favorite episode of the series.
Speaker 8: Oh Jesus, oh my god, Well.
Speaker 6: God, you know we've been going through. This is what we've been going through.
Speaker 8: My child, you know, well, you know the one that we had the most fun on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know, that was of course, and then there was Sean.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's the one we had the most fun on. Or you had the most.
Speaker 4: Fun you were.
Speaker 1: That's one of the few times you yelled at us, like a few times.
Speaker 8: I'll never forget Ben saying you scared me. Anyway, let me think, gosh, oh wow, that's you.
Speaker 1: Know it the Subway episode where you had ten thousand shots on a single page.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that was that was a challenge and I loved it because of what we came up with, you know, how how to make the train move and stuff. Yeah, you're running, You're running after that train was hysterical. Well, I don't think, I you know, I'm drawing a blank because my main it's like it's like a roll index going through my head.
Speaker 6: How about favorite season? We just did that one. What's your favorite season of the show?
Speaker 8: Four for my favorite?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, for you know, it's just.
Speaker 8: It was just where you guys were. I was gonna say, if I was doing another painting and I didn't just describe earlier, I would paint the four the three of you in that season.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 8: That to me, you were all just it was just it was a special special age, you know, it's when the show peaked. Yeah, well five was pretty darn good.
Speaker 6: Five was great to missus. Four was four was pretty great.
Speaker 8: Yeah. But I but I you know, gosh, you know, there's just so many I have so many favorite moments and and and shows. I really couldn't tell you, I really aside from and then there was shown, which is the easy pick. It's just you know.
Speaker 6: How about favorite guest star you got to work with?
Speaker 8: Oh thee the guest Well, chet was great.
Speaker 2: Just the greatest.
Speaker 8: It was great. He was fun, lively, wonderful.
Speaker 3: I mean that's who we gave the Athenie to Forest all right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were like we.
Speaker 3: Went through and we were like, well, if we don't count recurring characters or characters who were right, you know, because he was only in five or six overall, and he never had a contract for consistent and like, but man, what a great character from his arrival to his death, Like, oh my god.
Speaker 8: And that last scene when he's in the kitchen with you guys.
Speaker 6: Uh, that's right, he's the ghost, that's right. Oh my god. Okay, yes, I won't put you on. I won't put you on the spot anymore.
Speaker 2: Jeff, we are so appreciative that you have listened to the podcast. And I think one massive takeaway from us from this podcast has been how important protective, you know, creative influence on us you which we are more than thankful for. What has been listening to a total revisit to every moment, even moments you were not there for. What has it been like for you?
Speaker 8: Well, revelatory number one, because it's like in hindsight, you know, you do something and you're in the moment, you're you're you're executing it. It's it's done, and you're moving to the next show, and then you're moving on the next you know, it's like this this machine that you're doing and then it's over. It's like what would happen? Yeah? And then you know I didn't really rewatch the show, but maybe when the DVD set came out and I set, you know, my kids down to watch it again and they all watch it and loved it. So I get to rediscover it again through them, which was wonderful. And that was the last time I watched the show. So to now be back into this podcast with watching you and listening to this perspective and uh, and joy. This is the thing too, I think a lot of people miss because I know you guys have given each other hard time sometimes about being too hard on the show and not having but the joy that you have in revisiting the show, he's been so contagious and wonderful. I think that's the thing I most treasure is that the show, as tough as it was, is challenging as it was, the joy of the show is ever present podcast and that is why I keep coming back and why everyone else keeps coming back, because it's a chance to you know, re enjoy the show through you again. And it's been great. You know, I wish Ben had been part of it. I wish I wish Bill uh, you know, uh, Bill Daniels maybe had been more of a part of it to get their perspectives. But you three have carried the ball and it's been fantastic. It's been fantastic, really fantastic. I just really allowed you tremendously for for you know, all that you've you've done in terms of your perspective on the show. And sometimes I do disagree, you know, sometimes I have gone, oh what are you talking about? You guys circle it and then go oh and because you're all free, you have different opinions. Yeah, I can slide with one of you, you know.
Speaker 4: The right one.
Speaker 8: However, they're totally correct.
Speaker 2: Jeff, thank you so much.
Speaker 6: We love you.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being here again with We can't wait to see you next month. Yes, and we will send you pictures with Claire and our tattoos.
Speaker 8: I can't wait, can't wait. And also when you're going to show that documentary, let me know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, definitely, thank you. Jef By never gets old seeing him being a legend. What a legend he feels like just seeing his face is, hearing his voice, it's just like a warm hug.
Speaker 6: I was just about to say, there's a strange peace that comes over to me. It comes over me every time I see him too, talk to him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just because he was in charge of our rehearsals and like made our rehearsals comfortable, really made us empowered, Like you just always felt like you were in the right place. Yeah, and you could figure out you're blocking and where to move your body and how to use your voice. I mean think about that, like that was literally his job and like he did it so well and made us all feel comfortable and like, so we still have that like in our it's like literally in our bodies.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, yeah, I agree. Well, thank you all for listening to this episode of Pod Meets World. As always, you can follow us on Instagram pod Meets World Show. You can send us your emails pod meets World Show at gmail dot com. And we've got merch.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try this because I'm like super bunked, but don't get norvild get some merch.
Speaker 2: Pod Meets Worldshow dot com will send us out.
Speaker 6: We love you all, pod dismissed.
Speaker 1: Podmets World is nheart podcast producer and hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfredell and Ryder Strong executive producers Jensen Carp and Amy Sugarman, Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tara sudbachsch producer, Maddie Moore.
Speaker 6: Engineer and Boy Meets World super fan Easton Allen.
Speaker 1: Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon and you can follow us on Instagram at Podmeets World Show or email us at Podmets Worldshow at gmail dot com