Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Colin Coward Podcast. Our NFL Draft review episode is presented by bmw or Electrifying Performance and Versatility to find both this year's top draft picks and the all electric BMWIX. All right, John Middlicoff, former NFL scout, we do we do this every year. Obviously, we go through the first round picks and let's not waste any time. Let's get past cam Ward at number one. That was an easy one, the most interesting one, and boy, my phone blew up. Cleveland got a haul. I think, way too much for a non quarterback. So Cleveland gets three of the top thirty six picks. Now if you add all the picks they got in from the Jags next year, they're just doing that to get a quarterback next year. So next year, of the top thirty six picks, Cleveland has three of them. They got a haul, and then they go down to number five and you know, getting a starting defensive tackle. I'll get to that in a second. But the GM for the Jags, who I was told actually worked from home in Saint Louis a lot, even when he was a Rams employee as a young kid. So this is the adult table being a GM. I don't like the swing. Travis Hunter is a great player, but unless he's a pro bowler on both sides of the ball, it feels like way too much to give up. And I think Cleveland was clearly doing it to get Amo for next year's quarterback draft.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I think it's the easiest trade that Andrew Berry and Kevin Stefanski will ever make. They might have just got contract extensions from HASLM sitting behind him in the draft room. I'm with you, how can you make this trade, Colin when you don't know your team, you know, part of anyone, whether you're taking over a football team, taking over business. You got to let it settle and see what you have. Well, there's obviously no way. They haven't even been on the field in shorts and T shirts. They don't know if their quarterbacks any good. They don't know how talented their unit is. I get the ownership there, as you know, flush with money and aggressive than everything, but I think being this aggressive for Liam Cohen and Gladstone, the young thirty four year old GM, when they have never worked with the players on their team. It's one thing if you had been around for a couple of years and you have a pretty good feel like we're a player or two away. Let's swing for the fences. That's insane, Colin, to throw away your next year's first round pick. And I get it. He was. He had a front row seat there for Les and Shawn trading all those first round picks over the years, they were typically a player or two away, right though, with the Rams, So I thought it was for a non quarterback. I mean, we've seen some off the forty nine ers made one for Trey Lance. I think it's one of the craziest draft day trades I can remember for a non quarterback.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think of the last time I got three texts from NFL employees and all went mistake by the Jacks, like all landed on the same spot. And this is a very young GM. And again, Travis Hunter is is going to be a really sensational talent, there's no question. But there's also going to be some growing pains on the fact that he's not going to be in meetings for one side of the ball on a regular basis. So and I mean, listen, this really isn't as much about the Jags as it is Cleveland. They're trying to get out from this tonnage of Deshaun Watson's contract, and the way to do it is get a star quarterback. I mean, that's how the Broncos got out from the tonnage of Russell Wilson. They got Bo Nicks, who will be free for four years. So yeah, I didn't like it at all. I just think, you know, we could always take shots at Cleveland. But I've always been a Stefanski fan, and I have people that really like Andrew Berry. I think this is a really easy deal to make. And then, by the way, you slide down to five. Now, a lot of people think Mason Graham is more in the eight to twelve range as a draft pick because it's ceilings low, and I think in most years that would be fair. One of the people that loved what Cleveland did didn't love Mason Graham as a number five pick. He said he's closer to ten than he is to five. But again, he's gonna start, you know, in that division. It's a northern division, it's a rugged division. Did you like what Cleveland did at five with Graham after making a pretty shrewd move to get all those picks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to me, the note that I wrote down, I mean Travis Hunter for Cleveland doesn't do that much, right. I mean there are several players away in their quarterback situation's disaster. When you think Mason Graham and you watch the way Michigan's played the last couple of years, obviously in that area, too ideal for the AFC North like that, that'd be my thing, Like that guy is just made do play in cold weather against Pittsburgh, against Baltimore. Yeah, teams that want to play physical, slow down the game. So I listen, this is draft. I mean McMillan went eight, Kelvin Banks went nine. I mean this wasn't exactly Tony Boselli, you know, and Miles Garrett coming off the board here right in this reign. So I have no problem with going Mason Graham to me where they could have taken me and you colin the moment they made that trade, Cleveland won the draft. Yeah, they get next year's to me, the likelihood of Jacksonville first time head coach, young coaching staff, I mean they could easily be a five to six win team. We do not know if their quarterback is good and he has struggled to stay healthy. And I get Liam Cohen had a big year with Baker Mayfield, but Baker he did resurrect. Baker Mayfield was good the previous year too. That's how Dave Canalis got a job. So it's not like he just made Baker Mayfield. Baker Mayfield now two good years in a row. So I think that the Cleveland again could have taken anybody the moment they got the future one and the second, think how often we see good players get drafted in the thirties. Happens every year, regardless how good the draft is, because the same type player is there in the mid thirties. It can be impact starters that you get for like one point five million dollars a year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's what to your point is Cleveland gets Jacksonville's first round pick next year. What's crazy about that is that could be a top six pick easy. I mean, that is nuts.
Speaker 3: We've seen it happen a couple of years in a row where the Lions benefited. The one year when they had thet Stafford trade and the Rams had that awful year and McVeigh like thought about quitting football to go work at Amazon. They got a top what they got the six pick that they turned into Laporta and Gibbs. We saw it the year when Denver was awful and Seattle got a really high pick and took Witherspoon. We have seen these future ones on. It's usually a player trade Russell Wilson, Matt Stafford, whatever, but sometimes on a draft day trade. Remember Chicago traded from twenty to eleven, yes with the Giants, and then they were terrible the next year, and the Giants got multiple picks in the top ten. Now, you still got to make the right pick with that collection, but out of flexibility if you let's assume Cleveland isn't going to be that good, I mean, their quarterback, the euation disaster. If I tell you next year they have picked five and nine, yeah, you got a lot to work with.
Speaker 2: That's why they made the move. So. By the way, DraftKings all odds provided by DraftKings if we mentioned them during this hour podcast. DraftKings had Ashton genty plus six fifty to get drafted number six and plus four seventy five to get drafted by the Raiders. This was a real obvious one to me, and I had mentioned this multiple times. Geno Smith with a run game throwing on play action is actually a pretty good quarterback. He's very Sam Darnald. When he gave Sam a little protection and a run game, and he can throw when nobody's quite sure he's throwing. He's very effective. When you force Donald or Gino Smith to throw on third and eleven, or they have to throw it a beat fast, that's when you get the mistakes. I thought Genty, and I also wonder this if you look at Pete Carroll's he's old school, Yeah, Marshawn Lynch, Reggie Bush, Lendale White, his great teams have had stars in the backfield, which sets the table for his offense. Pete hates mistakes by quarterbacks, and Gino doesn't make a ton when he's throwing on play action. So I think Genty, I love that pick for the Raiders.
Speaker 3: I have been probably one of the counterculture movements here with dis astmon Genty, like hype, I mean, people have been comparing to Barry Sanders or you know, La Damian Tomlinson. I think any time that you compare a player to the greatest of all time, it's like when you're comparing cam Ward to Patrick Malmes, we gotta tell you to pump the brakes. Yeah, but you know, listen Kenneth Walker who was picked later when he was healthy for Seattle with Charbonnade. Their run game was good, like you said, Gino was really really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: My issue here is, like I have experience in the Mountain West. I know the difference in the competition relative to the Big Ten and obviously the SEC. It is dramatic. Now in an individual, like in a vacuum, he has a special talent, and he had the opportunity to surely go to Texas or Ohio State. He turned down money, so it wasn't like people didn't want him. But like playing against Washington State, New Mexico, Fresno State, and San Diego State is gonna be a little different animal than the Chargers, Denver and Kansas City, which you could argue is the best defensive division in the sport. We know Mentor and how good the charges are, so it's just gonna be difficult for him. We saw this year. You know, I don't the Raiders' offensive line's okay, but it's gonna be tough. I just I get it. I honestly thought they would go with a lineman there, especially a defensive lineman. You know, remember Pete Carroll over the years has now it hasn't always worked out. Bruce Irvin, I thought he would be aggressive there, but you know that they swung for the fences. It gives them some star power that there's no disputing. It makes them more interesting to watch because they they were an unwatchable product the last couple of years. So Austin MTP Carrold Gino Smith, I'll pay attention. I still, I mean, I'm not picking them to win that many games based on what we what we have on the roster right now.
Speaker 2: So the Jets go armand Membu offensive tackle from Missouri who's, you know, kind of a physical freak. A lot of people thought he was the best offensive lineman. Listen. I thought the Jets would go for a tight end. They just have had no production in that area. But it should be noted it's a good tight end draft and a good running back draft, so they can get that later. There's a story that Brees Hall is not happy, he's not content. He's on his you know, social media, you know, kind of doing some of those subtle shots. Or he may be on his way out. I think they're very much in their division weapon light. But I never really have a problem. I've been on this John for a long time. I think offensive lines are under discussed. Of the top eight last year, seven teams went to the playoffs, and so I don't really have a problem with this. You can get tight ends and running backs in this draft. I totally I the Jets went and got their left tackle last year at Penn State. This is probably their right tackle. I don't have a problem with teams going on line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love this pick. I mean I think when you look at their GM, he comes from Denver. Well, how did Sean Payton turn the thing around? They invested in the line. They already had a left tackle. They signed McGlinchey, which we can argue was an overpay, but immediately gives him a starter right tackle. They sign a guard from Baltimore, and all of a sudden they had a legitimate offensive line. And who do they play? They played the Chargers. Well what they had Slater Boom, you draft alt last year, they draft the Penn State left tackle. He'll be their left tackle. Now you get the right tackle. That's how you build a foundation. All I've seen is these gms over the press conferences leading into the draft, talk about the importance the Eagles set the tone, the line of scrimmage, the line of scrimmage, and then sometimes the draft comes, it's like, uh, let's take Loveland, let's take Tyler. It's easy to do, and I understand it. I don't even blame them for doing it. Sometimes, especially the owner, it's much easier to sell guys scoring touchdowns than it is someone that just gets no stats. But last time I checked, no one ever complains when your tackles are good. You know, in football, especially listen justin fields. I don't know if it's gonna work out, but you start to get like you already got Sauce Garter, you got Garrett Wilson. You probably sign those guys a long term contracts. You get a couple of good offensive linemen, you already have some defensive linemen. You do have a lot of pieces on this roster, a little like the Bears a couple of years ago. Just go maybe just find your quarterback at Caleb Williams. Obviously they're not gonna get Akab Williams, but you know what I mean, Like, somehow you're in position. If you get a solid player at that position, all of a sudden, you got a good team.
Speaker 2: Carolina takes team ac Teed McMillan wide receiver who turned off some people during the process. He is known as a glider. I know Seattle also liked him. Seattle's not drafting here early. Seatt liked him. John Snyder, he's a lot of people think he has to be on the inside. The slot will be used primarily. He struggles to sometimes get off the line. He's been encouraged to change stylistically some of the things he does. Maybe he'll get better. He's young. I think he's got to be a little bit more coachable. I think this. I think this draft pick was honestly because they went and got a tackle recently in a draft I think last year, and then they go get an offensive tackle if I recall. I may be wrong on that, but I think two.
Speaker 3: Years ago they got the guy from North Carolina State.
Speaker 2: That's right. I think this is about Bryce Young. I think that they just want weapons. That's what it feels like to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think their coach, who came from Tampa Bay, Mike Evans, similar measurements. Tall didn't run that fast. I think is the last guy to not run a sub four or five and get drafted, you know, in the top ten. So you kind of use that as the blueprint. Listen, there are a lot of question marks on this individual's I would say he's one of the more polarizing guys discussed to be in the top twenty. My issue from a football standpoint, not even counting some of the videos that came out. Does he love football? Does he like volleyball more? Historically guys that make great contested catches in college that doesn't always translate to the NFL. It's about getting open, Like can you just consistently get open? If you need me to scheme you open, like, that's the knock. It's why Loveland went ahead of Warren. Yes, you know Warren, you had to kind of scheme open. Now, he had great ball skills and he's huge. Lovelan's like a Kelsey type, right, He's a great route runner, he's quick, So to me, McMillan, they drafted Lagette last year, another big guy from South Carolina, so you got some big weapons. I do think Bryce gave them a lot of hope down the stretch, But I think this was a pretty risky pick, which in a draft that's most people don't view as great. I understand taking some risk. So one of the love of football thing, Colin. You saw Jay Glady tweet that that's a serious thing, and the more and more moneies that's around, people get scared off with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, that he was without question. I asked every person I knew in the NFL about him. Totally split. But you know, Jedfish was his coach, and I I think Jedfish at times was loved his talent. But I think Jedfish, you know, who has a lot of NFL experience and college. You know, Jet's one of those college guys who's coached in the NFL with Belichick and Pete Carroll. I think sometimes Arizona was a bit frustrated. Not that he's not coachable, I just I kind of feel like with him, there's a sort of passive sort of you know, you saw the Booker get drafted by the Cowboys, and that guy might as well be doing somersaults coming down the hallway. And if you're a Cowboy fan, you're watching Tyler Booker and you're like, damn straight, that guy loves football. And he's totally jacked up. Te Max sometimes is a little cool for people, and I think that's a turnoff. Now, the Saints at nine took Calvin Banks atrocious on line. Totally get it. By the way, Colston Lovelin was plus six fifty to be the number ten pick. He's a very unique player, so I know three t I mean the Rams and Chargers both liked him. The Bears obviously liked him, and even with cole Comet, they now have DJ Moore, Keenan Allen, cole Comet, Colston Loveland. They went and got Dolman, the center from Atlanta, Joe Tooney. They liked their right tackle. I was texting somebody in the league about this and one of the things we both landed at was the future of this franchise. They've never had a great quarterback is Caleb Williams. You have to make it work. You know the talents there and this is like this is like weapons plus plus plus plus plus. You have to make this work.
Speaker 3: I don't remember a young quarterback on a second year of a rookie deal getting more help. They go outside Ben Johnson, Who's I would say one of the more hype do ce's of the last decade. Yeah, you mentioned you forgot the Rams offensive lineman that they also traded for that Ben Johnson had coached in Detroit. So they get a new center, two new guards they already hadn't invested in tackles. DJ Moore is one of the more virstable players in the league. They invested the ninth pick last year into Roma.
Speaker 2: Dude esay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it's like, if you're a Chicago their defensive personnel is already good and they have an established defensive coordinator in Dennis Allen coming. You know, the hype that was behind the Bears last year I thought was crazy. I do think there's some substance now behind this. Now I don't know if it's gonna work. I gotta let it breathe here for a month or two. But there is, you know, legitimate pieces on the offensive, a defensive line, a play caller that knows what he's doing, a defensive coordinator. You know, ebra Flus had to be the defensive coordinator and the head coach. He was completely over his head as a head coach. Good defensive coordinator. Now Dennis Allen can just focus on the defense. Ben can just be the head coach, slash the offensive coordinator, and really just focus on Caleb. To me, the question is going to be and I think this is the working thing. With all these young quarterbacks moving into the league. Can they teach them to get rid of the ball quicker and play in a more rhythm timing offense, run the ball more like they did in Detroit because and the one thing they got going against them is the division's really really good. So it's not like it's hard to win ten games, especially a franchise that has not been winning. But I would feel much. I know the hype was so crazy last year behind the Bears. If I was a Bears fan right now, I would just feel like we have a real identity and team right now.
Speaker 2: Well, and I also think if you go look at what happens at the end of the year, it is really hard even if you have a great defensive team. Remember, statistically, defensive players get hurt more than offensive players. It's a more reckless side of the ball. And so what if you start looking at the end of years. Great Niner defenses two three years ago can get carved up. Good Philadelphia defenses can get carved up. And my takeaway is, if you're like Pittsburgh's got all sorts of defensive talent, the Bears are like listen, historically they would go over the last fifteen years, they've had very good defensive players. If you're gonna be if you're gonna be heavy on one side of the ball, if you're gonna make mistakes, If Roman Dunzay's a mistake, it's the right side of the ball to make a mistake, not a safety or an off ball linebacker. Like I look at it and I think to myself, there are not a lot of teams in this league, John that have Cole Comb at Colston Loveland at tight end. And by the way, for a young quarterback, tight ends are a great ally.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Two things. You know we talk so much the hype on Tyler Warren, I mean his team because Michigan was bad this year and Loveland had gotten injured, he became kind of the apple of everyone's eye. He's massive. Well, it's not like Loveland's small. He's basically six six, two fifty. He's huge. How about Harball as a talent evaluator, I mean, I think they sent a record last year for guys getting drafted in a class. They just they had an awful team. This year they had three guys get drafted in the top thirteen picks. The two of them were defensive tackles. I mean, I mean the Harpbaugh say what you want. That guy can evaluate young men to play football.
Speaker 2: Holy Molly well. And by the way, that's why when the Charger I remember talking to Dean Spanish about this, I said, you're going to get the next two years, you guys will draft as well as anybody. Because Jim recruited all these players. It was about the thirdeth first two years for Pete Carolyn Seattle, probably the first two to three years Pete crushed the draft and then by year four, five, and six, you just lose a connectivity to college football. But Harball last year, great draft. This year will be a stupendous draft, and he's probably got them one more year where you recruited guys and saw him on tape so or had him on your team. Okay, So San Francisco gets Michel Williams, the edge feels like a now. Reportedly, Jordan Schultz said the Niners did look to move up, so there was somebody they were looking at. Williams to me, feels like best player available, best player on their board. Because before this draft a lot of people I talked to a couple of gms about this, there was about usually there sixteen to eighteen what you consider can't miss guys or really first round talent. This shire is about twelve to thirteen. So my take is, Michel Williams, it's just the best player on the board in their department or personnel department.
Speaker 3: Yeah. To me, Jalen Walker, the other pass rusher who I think went to Atlanta at fifteen, was the better football player. This guy, though, is twenty years old. He started on their team that won the national championship two years ago that had basically every player on the team was a first or second round pick. Yeah, he's a freak. I mean sixty five two hundred and seventy pounds like Kirby now is what Saban was a decade ago, you know, recruiting the best of the best, especially up for So this is a from I texted around to a couple buddies in draft rooms. Uh, they said it's a little boom or bust that there's no disputing his physical attributes. I think he got banged up Week one, but his highlight plays over the courses of his career for Georgia and maybe for San Francisco. You just look what Howie Roseman's on the last couple of years. When all else fails, just pick a player from Georgia, especially on the defensive line, you're gonna be okay. So I like Jalen Walker a lot, but the knock on him is he was only six foot one. This guy six five two seventy and I think they think he can get a little bit bigger, so you can kind of move him around the defensive line to go with Bosa. I mean, listen, bottom line, Colin, you're about to pay the quarterback one hundred and fifty one hundred and seventy five million dollars guaranteed. This guy's gotta be good. And it's not like in three years they're gonna need him to have an impact this year. Yes, how the Rams all of a sudden get good last year.
Speaker 2: Jared Like.
Speaker 3: And fisk Like, the two guys they drafted high, were just impact guys as the season went. So the pressure on this guy. Here's what I do like though, and this is the Howie Roseman thing. Imagine the pressure you have as a starter for Georgia. It's like when you played for Alabama. It's an int it's basically an NFL program. So these guys are used to the lights being bright and the expectation is to win every game. So I got no issue with it. He's not fourteen career sacks. But that's this draft. I mean, there's not JJ Watts not going pick eleven or Micah Parsons in this draft. That's right, So you just swing for the fences. I get it.
Speaker 2: The NBA eighty two game grind is done. Now the real fun begins. The NBA Playoffs. Love them. They're here. Time for drama, clutch moments, Steph Curry, Lebron joh dropping plays. I can't wait. If you're looking to make the playoffs even more exciting, Draft Kings Sports but cashua covered. They're the official sports betting partner of the NBA, playing games all the way to the finals. Now's the time to back your favorite players and teams as they chase glory. So all season long, Draft King's been the go to spot for NBA player props. That doesn't stop now. If you want to make your playoff experience even more intense. Try placing a bet in your favorite player's performance. Will they drop thirty, forty? Who knows or more? It's your call. If you're ready to place your first bet, download the Draft Kings sports book app. Takes ninety seconds. Lock in your bets and let's make the playoffs unforgettable. Here's something special for first timers. Draft Kings customers that are new, bet five bucks. That's hit five bucks and get two hundred bonus bets instantly. Just make it a playoff run to remember. With DraftKings, download their sports book app. Takes ninety seconds to codes colin coli N that is code colin. New customers get two hundred bucks in bonus bets betting just five only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York called eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three six nine In Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling. Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas. Twenty one on over agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. New customers only bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Four additional terms and responsible gaming resources see dot co slash audio.
Speaker 2: Dallas at twelve takes Tyler Booker, Zach Martin retired, get it the kid they drafted out of Oklahoma. The left tackle looks very sketchy to this point. Listen again, if it wasn't a great tight end draft, and every draft is a deep wide receiver draft, I mean, Iowa State's got two guys I like it receiver. So my takeaway is, again, this is a need with a left tackle that's struggling. Zach Martin retires, I think Dallas had to go here. By the way, if Philadelphia is in your division, you're going zero to two if you can't block them. Like to me, this is a Philadelphia sort of kind of forces your hand on this. You have to be able to protect Dak because he's already had two injuries.
Speaker 3: Especially when they're best players a defensive tackle. Right. So you know, I'll say this about the Cowboys, Jerry takes a lot of shit for a lot of different reasons. They have drafted pretty darn well over the last decade plus and they've I did three straight first round picks on the offensive line right a couple of years ago, Tyler Smith, when Tyrone Smith was kind of at the end of his road and was leaving. Last year, Guiden, they were drafting you know, later in the in the round because they had been a twelve win team, and then this year drafting a little bit higher. Some people think this is he's a guard, so he's never going to be considered like the best player in the draft, but like one of the best peer players in the draft. Like, this guy's good. So if they can get Geiton, who was a little bit of a project, yeah, coached up with Tyler Smith and this guy that they have put a lot of first round resources into the front to protect Dak.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'll go back to it. Philadelphia is going to force your hand. I mean, don't be surprised if Washington doesn't load up on O and D line. Now that they have Deebo and Terry McLaurin. You've got to block Philadelphia and go ask Patrick Mahomes. It gets ugly fast with that team. And by the way, one of the reasons the Rams could hang with Philadelphia. They were good up front that you know, it wasn't until the end when Jalen Carter burst through. But if you can't hang with Philadelphia, can't block them, you're not going to compete with them.
Speaker 3: Well, plus Schottenheimer's you know, his star had dimmed so much from what ten twelve years ago. He made his hay as an offensive coordinator as a running game guy, right, he liked to run the ball. I actually think I would expect the Cowboys in the second or third round this draft's loaded a running back to take a running back, and I would expect them to kind of get back, you know, to their roots. You know, Schottenheimer coach for Pete Carroll and for Rex Ryan and was known as a run game and remember he gashed people with the Jets. They led the league in rushing back to back years. So I would expect, if not the second round pick, the third round pick, the Cowboys finally to take a running back in this draft. And obviously the emphasis is going to be coaching these young guys up on the offensive line because they've paid CD a bunch, they paid Dak a bunch. I mean, that's that's part of it. I mean, you got to. When you're paying three or four guys thirty forty million dollars a year, you better nail some of your draft picks.
Speaker 2: Okay, Miami, which does very few things. I like Kenneth Grant defensive tackle. Michigan can get really heavy, which always scares me. I watched fifteen Michigan games the last several years. He was hot and cold. I thought Mason Graham was a much more dependable player, much more consistent player. I thought Graham was great against the run. Kenneth Grant's probably going to be a better pass rusher. He's a massive human being. I don't love a lot of what Miami does. You know, it felt like the first pick in the draft tem Mac to Carolina and Kenneth Grant to Miami. I look at Carolina and Miami and I'm like, and I do love a lot what they do. What did you make of it?
Speaker 3: I think Miami's in major trouble, Colin. I mean, I think they are on early watch for. I don't know number one overall pick, but I think they're going to be pretty bad. I mean, won that division. You know, the Bills kick their ass the Jets should just be a little bit more buttoned up this year and just they just have much better players top to bottom. Now, you know two was a better quarterback than justin fields, but we know the Patriots are going to better. I mean, I think Miami has got a chance to compete for like a top five pick and keep an eye. You know, the McDaniel experiment feels like that's simmering out a little bit. And you know their owner always loves the big names. Remember he chased Harbaugh forever. I could see John Gruden's name getting thrown around. I think this thing is going to be a complete you know what show this year. I listen, they're already trying to They couldn't give Jalen Ramsey away right now. He's making too much money and clearly he was one of the guys Mike McDaniel can't get people to show up to his meetings on time. Well, who's not going to show up to the meeting late? The guy's not making that much money. So you know it's not the majority of the team. Who makes the most money on the team Jalen Ramsey, Tyreek Hill. Well, why do they want to trade Jalen Ramsey. He clearly is not listening to anyone in that operation, and the Tyreek Hill situation feels like it's unraveling a little bit. I think Miami's got a lot of problems, weird organization, and that division feels just a little more stable now, definitely with very you know in town, and the Jets are just going to be a little less noisy than they've been the last couple of years. So I got Miami on watch to be awful this year.
Speaker 2: So once again Chris Ballard is patient. Tyler Warren, the tight end from Penn State who's wildly productive, plus one sixty five to go to the Colts. Again, all of our odds are provided by draft kings. You know, last year they got the edge rusher from UCLA, the first defensive player taken, arguably the best pass rusher in the draft. This is a great for them because many suspected, myself included Warren would go in the top twelve. So they're patient he falls to them. He's a Day one starter. I think this is one of the better picks in terms of value. There's an argument that Tyler Warren is one of those thirteen fourteen twelve players who is considered a first round pick. Every time I looked at people's evaluation of like clear first round players, Warren was somewhere late in that list. But on that list I like to pick by Andy, I really do well.
Speaker 3: If I have interat inaccurate quarterbacks, I'd like a six six sixty seven tight end for them to throw it to. So I think, listen, the main question for Indy has not been the talent on offense. I think, you know Jonathan Taylor, their offensive line's been good. Pittman's a solid player. Tyler Warren is just gonna be a pro for a long time. Their quarterback situation. Even Chris Ballard admitted the other day He's like, yeah, these two guys both are gonna help us. I mean, this is not college. Anytime you got to admit like we got a quarterback issue. I mean they admitted it when they gave Daniel Jones whatever fourteen to fifteen million dollars. So I'm pro. Tyler Warren probably a pretty easy pick. Listen. I like lat two a lot. Last year he did not have a great rookie year. He didn't and sometimes you know technician guys, that's right, He's got a bunch of moves where Jared versus like, I'm just gonna run through you, Like I got all these moves to me. Tyler Warren, he's a little more scheme dependent than levelin. But Penn State this year with that Kansas Associe schemed him up. Shane Stiken scheme guy, can scheme him over? Yes, makes sense.
Speaker 2: Great to me? Though?
Speaker 3: Can the can their quarterbacks play Callen Well? I mean, Anthony Richardson, Would it be the most stunning thing in the world if he was traded the next couple of days. Probably not. I don't expect them to be. But like and Daniel Jones, like they got problems, they're.
Speaker 2: Collin I had somebody in the league in a personnel department tell me he could not remember a quarterback that was less accurate on stuff ten yards and under. He just he could not remember that. By the way, there's some really good picks, Okay, So I don't Atlanta, Arizona, Cincinnati, whatever, Seattle goes, Gray's able the guard North Kota State, which is a great which is a great football program. This is really interesting. Let's get to nineteen Tampa Bay. So you know, I love the general manager of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have I have I told you this before they went and drafted Imika Egbuka, the wide receiver at Ohio State. I I believe most general managers believe he is one of one, the best receiver or the only receiver to be a first round receiver. I think the Texas kid as a late first rounder. Everybody I talk to love him, and what's great is he can play sideline. But he didn't take that many snaps outside for Ohio State for obvious reasons. They're stacked at quarterback with Jeremiah Smith or at receiver. They're stacked. They don't need sideline receivers. He would be a sideline receiver or a slot receiver any other program in the country except like Ohio State and Alabama because they have so many great players, so he'll come in and immediately play for them. I think he is a prime example because he's not a burner John. He's a prime example of maturity, interviews, professionalism that could have moved him up ten to twelve spots. He was considered a second round talent the minute the season ended. His value beyond being excellent is he is considered a mature in a league where we're having wide receiver divas emerge like every weekend. I think his personality is a huge part of him going this high.
Speaker 3: Well, one thing, I remember the stat last year when the Week one is that Tampa had like forty three or forty four drafted players on their fifty three man roster. Jason Light has been, if not the best, a top two or three drafter over the last five or six years. And when you look in, you know the Baker that you originally started talking about back at Oklahoma is a completely different human being. Now Tampa's got a really high level team, you know, from Wharfs to Mike Evans to Vitaveya. I mean, their guys on their squad are just like Honestly, Jason Light comes from New England and I'm talking the Vrabel Bruskie New England days with Tom Brady. He's kind of built that version with Baker Mayfield as his quarterback. Super smart, super tough.
Speaker 2: Steve Kaime told me he thought Jason Light was one of the best scouts he'd ever followed Kime. Kime told me because I always told we. Kim got in and got into a discussion with me about two years ago, we're smoking cigars and I said, you ever noticed every Buccaneers team is stacked. They just couldn't get the quarterback right before Brady. But like, and he goes, oh, yeah, it's Jason. He goes that he is. He is as good a scout as we've had in this league. He goes, he just didn't miss. He was so good. You know, that's and that's how you become a GM. You're a great scout.
Speaker 3: Initially, well, they built their offensive line from taking smaller school tackles and tournament at guards and centers, and you know, obviously they've had Mike Evans to kind of settle in Vidavea as like a stalwart players minus, you know, separate from Tom Brady. But yeah, I mean you tell me he could have drafted anybody'd be like, yeah, I like to pick now. Like you said, I mean, this guy, what didn't he set records at Ohio State for yards, catches games. I mean, he's a stud. The other thing is when you go to a team that has I mean they re signed God when they got him on a cheaper number because remember he shattered his ankle. Obviously they still have Evans. This guy the pressure on him to They're not gonna need him to catch seventy balls next year. Their running game last year with Bucky Irving, I mean, their team. Honestly, they in a weird way underachieved because they had so many injuries the second half of the season. On defense, they couldn't stop anybody. To me, if they are healthy, there's a pretty big gap in that division if they're healthy, like between them and the number two team. Like, the only reason it was close between them and Atlanta this year is because they had a million injuries on defense. But like they're a much better run organization. You know what Baker's turned into. They're like, there's notice Baker's really become the last two years a top ten quarterback. Yeah, and clearly just his maturation. Like a lot of us guys, you know, in the late twenties, it kicks in. He gets married, has a kid, and he's a different guy. And as a player, he plays much faster, had slimmed down. His arm's always been great. And now he's got three with Abuka, with Mike Evans and Godwin and running backs and a good offensive line. I mean that their offense should be really good.
Speaker 2: Colin the you know, you get to a part of a draft. Atlanta takes Jalen Walker at fifteen, Arizona Walter Nolan, Ole Miss at sixteen, Cincinnati Sherman Stewart the edge, and then Seattle Gray is Abel into Tampa taking Amiica Igbuca. This draft was considered about a thirteen player first round draft. We have first round town, so all of these other guys are you know, they're considered guys that aren't significantly better than the thirty six pick. But I will say because of the position Amika could plays, because of the quarterback he plays with, that he will be a He may be the most highly productive player taken out of that top thirteen picks. I would be surprised. I mean, I was talking to a former Raider GM tom Toe LESCo about him recently and he just just said, you can't not like him. If you watch him on film, you can't not like him. There's nothing at the routes. He's just there's everything about him, and you watch him on tape you're like, oh, that's a slot starter in the NFL, who, by the way, can play on the perimeter. It's just Ohio State, So damn stacked he's not going to do that for them.
Speaker 3: Well, think about this, at pick nineteen and pick eight, two wide receivers were drafted. Right, if you had to invest or bet on one guy, there's no question the safer pick is. You know, Abuka at Tampa Bay, I mean at a McMillan. Yeah, he could be good, but would a shock you at all. We've seen a lot of those type players underachieve, So I wouldn't be stunned if you told me that Tampa, if they had the choice between those two receivers, they might have just gone with Abuka.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: I bet there were a lot of teams in the top twenty that weren't necessarily going to take a wide receiver, but felt much more comfortable with the player. And listen, these gms now, I think have really talked about it the last couple of years. Most of these guys don't fail because you know they can't catch or they can't do something. It's because of the human being, the work ethic. They start getting they don't work as hard, they start getting lapped by other guys that want it more. There's intangible stuff that you can't really. You can scout all you want, but you don't really know till you get the guy in their building. That's where Abuka, I know, Jalen Walker, the guy Atlanta got like their character was elite, like I mean special. So anytime you get those type players with the talent, they usually at minimum become really really good players. And on the flip side, you know, I get I'm pro Mike Vrabel and the Patriots and they were in a tough spot. But the Will Campbell pick reminds me a little bit when the forty nine ers took Solomon Thomas. You meet these guys and you're like, we just love this guy. We just love this guy. But when you draft a talent that's like, ah, we don't love him at four or three. We'd much rather get him at twelve. Sometimes that's where you get in problem. And Solomon Thomas gonna have a thirteen year NFL career, but he didn't get a second contract from the Niners. And that's the thing with Will Campbell, Like his character is just elite, but as a player, again, he's multiple year starter in the SEC. Sometimes you know, the character can sway a team instead of taking the more talent, Like I don't think anyone in the NFL would tell you that Membu possesses more physical gifts than Campbell, right, but that there aren't any questions with Campbell in terms of like he's a pro already like last week. So and that's the hard part about this the draft.
Speaker 2: So the Denver Broncos, many of us suspected they take offense for bow Nicks, they went and got across from Patrick Sartan. They went and got the Texas corner Johnny Barron, who many runs better. So, by the way, Will Johnson at Michigan now has not been drafted yet. The concern with him is he ran over a four to five. So Baron's an interesting corner because the kind of the belief is neither one of the top corners in this draft are burners. But Baron's the guy that does everything. Well, that's what I can't if you look at his draft preview that he again played against elite competition, played against great receivers, has gone against sec has gone against like, you know, like Ohio state level players. And Baron's just a guy that doesn't make a ton of mistakes. As a former NFL scout, does that translate? I mean, again, this is not a draft where you've got four, three, five corners. There's just it's Will Johnson and Baron are not considered burners.
Speaker 3: Yeah. To me, I think Will Johnson I thought coming into the year it was like a top ten pick, and then he got banged up. He's more of a zone corner. Yeah, I think he's good. Someone's gonna get him late. If he ends up to the Eagles at pick thirty two, I'm just gonna fall out of my chair. But I think the thing with Baron is like nickel corners or guys that can play inside are viewed much stronger now than they used to be because so many teams run three and four wide receiver sets. So anytime that I get a guy that can I can move inside and out and that will tackle. That's the other thing with Baron. He's like this versatile chess piece that will tackle. So if I'm gonna play inside, I need to be I'm taking a linebacker off the field. I need to be a run support player. Where I think Will Johnson he is just you know, an outside corner, right, and that's all he does is an outside corner. But I'm telling you, Colin, that guy I thought two years ago in the National championship team. He's like the best player on their team. Well, and this is where I think we gotta be careful about like over, Yeah, okay, rans a four or five to two, but if you run a zones like Fangio or what Robert Salid does, this guy will make plays all day long. So I think sometimes these teams they get that number, which I understand, but I think that sometimes it works out better. I mean, this guy's gonna end up on a playoff team, so it helped. So bearn Both these guys are okay.
Speaker 2: So the Pittsburgh Steelers obviously at twenty one er on the clock, and the many suspect they're gonna go get shaduor Sanders. You know, it's funny. One of the things about Shadeur Sanders that I hear and I just I don't understand it. It's as if people didn't watch him play. This idea that he is immobile. Well, I thought he was a more mobile quarterback than c J. Stroud, who is more than mobile enough. Now, I mean again, you'd like Jared Goff to be able to move better.
Speaker 3: C J.
Speaker 2: Stroud can move when you need him to move. We saw that when he was a buck eye against Georgia. We've seen it in the NFL. When he's flushed out of the pocket, he's fine and he's accurate when he moves this idea that Shdueur Sanders can't move. They had arguably as bad an offensive line as any of the top ten quarterbacks that will get drafted in this draft had. I mean, if you go look at Syracuse O line or Notre Dames O line for Riley Leonard or cam Ward's on line should or had easily the worst O line of all these players. Jalen Milrose O line was better, Jackson Darts O line was better. I think shud Or Stander. I just that criticism of him. You know, he's very stationary. It's like, then, why when I watch them play, he was almost always on the move.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think people probably aren't fairly comparing him to his dad. I mean, even they've all admitted he got the genes from his mom. I just look Pat Mahomes, who I think of the top guys, right, Josh Allen's faster, obviously, Lamar Herbert. You know, Joe Burrows not viewed much more like a pocket quarterback, but off the top three or four guys that are mobile. Pat Mahomes is viewed as the slowest. Yet when you watch him, he has such an instinctive mobility that he's a really good scrambler. He ran a four to eight to forty. Now no one runs the forty anymore for some reason. To me, Shador is running four seventy five four eight. Mahomes moved more than well enough. Right in the NFL, I put Shador that way, like you're not going to run zone read plays like you would for Jalen Hurts or Kyler Murray for him. But I'm with you, he's not. We're not talking Kirk Cousins here in the pocket. He's just not his father.
Speaker 2: Now, for a segment called Power Players, brought to you by BMW, the Ultimate Driving Machine and the power Player, I want to focus on his running back, Ashton Genty, who was absolutely electric at Boise State. He led the FBS in both scrimmage and rushing yards on his way to scoring thirty total touchdowns, and he was the runner up for the Heisman. So in a draft class loaded with running back talent, Jenty clearly separated from the rest of the pack with sort of a tough, versatile running style, paired with his ability to hit home runs bounce off people. He's got all the traits of a superstar in the making. For the Las Vegas Raiders, what is it that sets apart a power player from the rest bottom is their attention to detail, innovative playing styles, and a relentless drive for performing at the highest level. The same goes for bmwix everything you love about the ultimate driving machine electrified. Okay, so the Steelers, you know they love defense, Derek Harmon Oregon defensive tackle. They do not go for a quarterback. So I mean Pittsburgh corrects me up, So listen, I'll give them credit. They reached on Kenny Pickett. So I had a GM tell me a Super Bowl winning jam tell me they had Kenny Pickett as a high to mid third level quarterback. They saw him as a backup or as an occasional emergency starter. So Pittsburgh needs a quarterback and they're passing on Shudur Sanders. I got to believe Schador doesn't get drafted in the first round.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say it's very much in doubt as we sit here right now. I would say this though, you know, I would put mac Jones and can He Pickett in the same little group. Historically, those guys are third and fourth round picks that were drafted fifteenth and twentieth. I would say Shador Sanders is a better prospect than both guys. I do think though the NFL maybe it's just because of this draft. Obviously, last draft, so many teams acquired quarterbacks. We still have a lot of guys between what twenty six and early thirties in the prime of their career, so we actually have a lot of teams that don't necessarily need quarterbacks and have highly paid guys. I think Schador is a better prospect than some of these guys that have been drafted high in recent memory. Yeah, but I do think these teams are getting away from like historically we could find starters in the second and third round. Let's get back to that. Let's just take this guy at pick forty five. And I also think getting picked at pick forty five is like you're some loser. I mean, look at the history of the league. I mean most of we know for a fact on a given year that typically it's like forty eight to fifty two percent guys in the first round will not have their fifth year option picked up. Right, this draft is not viewed as great. So if we just kind of skew it a little bit more, there's a chance that you know, four out of uh, you know, four out of ten guys in this draft class in the first round will have their fifth year option. So sixty percent of the guys wanted their fifth year option picked up. So a lot of starters in this draft are going to come the second, third, and fourth round. And also when you fall, sometimes that works out to your benefit. Like Cam Wore, interesting prospect going to a pretty terrible team, it's probably gonna be pretty tough. Right. We've seen Trevor Lawrence and Jacksonville. Now he might have been overrated or whatever, but his career has not gone well. And we see some of these guys that get drafted a little bit later, it's like, you get to go to a pretty good spot. So yeah, I mean, unless you don't think the Rams are gonna take him, do you.
Speaker 2: I think the Rams would go with Jackson Dart over Sanders.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of teams have Jackson Dart over Shadoor Sanders.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I listen, the Chargers are now on the clock as we do this, as if you're listening to this, we started this about pick thirteen fourteen, because by the end of the first round, you know, we want to get this puppy out to you as fast as we can. Listen. I think one of the things about this draft that makes it particularly interesting. A it's a week draft, and b most, and this is always the case, the better teams are at the end of the first round, but the better coaches, the offensive guys. I mean, you start looking now, you've got Sean Payton. At twenty you've got Jim Harbaugh, Matt Lafleur, Kevin O'Connell's coming up. Here comes Sean McVeigh, John Harbaugh, Andy Reid, Nick Sirianni. This is the rare draft. John after about I mean, honestly after the like the Bears pick at number ten because I was really interested, partly because I'm moving there. But I think where the draft really starts getting interesting is kind of right right now at twenty two, because we know Harbaugh is going to draft much better than the average coach in this league and organization, and most of your really respected offensive coaches are not drafting at the top of this draft. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But and here's the other thing Colin think about last year, So a lot of these teams that are drafting here in the mid to late twenties played in the playoffs late in the playoffs won the Super Bowl. Obviously. The Chiefs, they drafted Xavier Worthy high. What did Xavier Worthy do down the stretch? Made a lot of place. The Eagles drafted Mitchell the corner from Toledo. What did he do? I don't know, just started all season long for them, and that was one of the better rookie corners. You know. The Bills drafted Keon Coleman. They're going to need a little bit more for him next year. The Lions drafted Arnold the corner from Alabama last year, starting corner for him. I mean, these are guys. These are twelve to fourteen to fifteen win teams that we're all watching Sunday night foot and then obviously in January, the guys they pick whoever, the Rams pick, whoever, the Chargers pick, whoever the Ravens pick. More than likely these guys are going to be starters on double digit win teams that have a chance to win the Super Bowl. So for as great as a pick as Travis Hunter is like, he had one of the most remarkable I mean, think about it, Colin, he had one of the best six months we've ever seen. He literally played both ways Division one college, won the Heisman. He had a team trade multiple first round picks to move up three spots to draft him. I will probably never see that again. Yet more likely he's going to be like a five or six win team and by October by you know, I would say, by Halloween, you and I will have him in a little screen down the bottom of the left of one of our television stop paying attention to him. Well, Yet, whoever the Rams take or whoever the Lions take, Chris Collinsworth is going to be calling those games on Sunday Night Football with twenty five million people watching.
Speaker 2: No, if you look at the draft so far, there's only two players that I believe can turn losses into wins. Cam Mooard at Tennessee replacing Will Levis. I told you they won four more games just simply because of significant upgrade at quarterback in that division. I think we both go yeah, yeah, I mean Cam mood to Will Levis is a D to a B. And the other player that I I mean, this draft is not exceptional. I do think Ashton gen will be a pretty spectacular player for the Raiders, and with Chip Kelly's brain, the brock Bauers Geno Smith. This is not a draft where people are changing outcomes. And Jayden Daniels changed outcomes. We thought Kayleb Williams. Would it Bo Nicks changed outcomes. I could argue that Tennessee and Vegas will be because of their first round players. Would you agree, noticeably more dynamic offenses in an offensive league?
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think there's been one team, minimum from the top five that has made the playoffs over the last five years. And you know, remember when the forty nine Ers had the number two overall pick and they took Bosa and then all of a sudden they had a thirteen win team and they were in the Super Bowl in twenty nineteen. I don't know if there's one of those teams here, but I'm with you. I mean that they lost Josh Jacobs last year the Raiders and their running game was a joe. I mean, they were just they were in bad shape as an organization. So anytime you get a guy that is that good. But like I said, you know, going from the Mountain West, he's a fantastic prospect and a fantastic his His tape this year looked like a high school kid going to Nick Saban in his prime. But it's a pretty big difference. I mean, their division is really really hard, and you know, Cleveland I think is cool with sitting back, I do think there's a lot of pressure on Will Campbell. He is a guy that if we assume that the Patriots are going to be a viable you know, low level like kind of like Denver was this year operation, they're gonna need Will Campbell to the don't need to be Trent Williams, but can he just be a starter, a solid player that you can kind of rely on immediately there's gonna be Listen the arm length thing. People push back, but it's it's I know it's crazy to sound like an inch is a make or break deal, but historically it is difficult out there on edge. Think how many teams now have good pass rushers, right, Like the Jets have a good pass rush. We know the Bills have multiple.
Speaker 2: Well think about this, think about the pass rushing position. Think about the two positions in football that feels significantly better than ten years ago. Tight End is now a no, it's not just a blocker. Tight Ends now are vertical and edge rusher. Well, they're both six', five you, know two forty five to two fifty pound. Athletes there's just more of. Those got if you Watch Major League, baseball how many pitchers are six? FIVE i, mean how many? Guys through ninety eight we've had this explosion of big, athletes often with dads that were former pro. Athletes and these guys are ending up a lot of the time at tight end doing stuff Like Brock bauers And Colston lovelin that you just didn't see tight ends. Do you can split them? Out why they can be corners down the field and then and then defensive ends and edge. Rushers there's just so many athletic guys now on the. Edge, okay The chargers select O Marion, hampton the running back From North. Carolina, okay so this is. Interesting SO i went to dinner With Greg, roman the offensive coordinator for The. Chargers he was On friday, night and you, know he's not going to give me any, intel but we we really talked a lot about football and what the team, needed AND i wasn't going to pry. Information but the one thing that we you, know we agreed. WITH i, SAID i wouldn't be shocked if you guys didn't go tight, end running, back, interior offensive, lineman wide. Receiver and you Know greg. Acknowledged he, Goes, listen we got good, players but we probably need a little. Juice we probably need a little bit more. Juice and that's. That AND i, said do you Like Colston? Loveland he's, like everybody Likes Colston. Loveland do you Like? Hampton he, goes everybody Likes. Hampton SO i mean this to, me Nause harris And. Hampton, Okay now With Joel ault last year And Mashaun slater at left, Tackle, john this is A Jim harball football. TEAM i picked them to win their division this. Year this is A Jim harball football. Team between those two, picks a power running speed Guy Najie, harris by the, Way, similarly now he didn't have the burst Of, hampton But Naji harris is a power running. BACK i mean even last YEAR Jk, dobbins who's got some girth to, him got some. Size this is really starting to feel like A Jim harbaugh.
Speaker 3: Team, well if you had to bet right, now who's going to have the better Career Omarion hampton With, harbaugh WHO'S i think going to retire as The chargers coach And genty with The raiders, situation you would have to bet On Jim harbaugh and his running. Back, so you, KNOW i think a lot of teams in the league thought That O'marion hampton was a big time. Player Now genty got all the buzz and all the. Hype this guy's a Stud. Colling they Gave Naji harris some. MONEY i, mean think about the discussion WHEN dk metcalf was on the block that The chargers are going to go trade for. Him it's, like, GUYS i never understand these people making these these guesses about What harbaugh is going to do that is just so different from what he's done for fifteen twenty years offensive, linemen running. Backs he'll take another. LINEBACKER i, mean it's the way he builds his team that they're going to be. GOOD i, mean it was pretty clear last year With denver and with The chargers that was going to be the worst version of those two, Teams Sean payton and him moving. Forward that's why the pressure on you, know each And andy feel like we got to. Stay we got to keep nailing, Picks we got to keep being good because these guys are coming and, Listen i'm not trying to be A raider hater. Here they're going to be. Better but from a roster, standpoint to, me they were clearly the fourth operation in this.
Speaker 2: Division so if you look at what they have, now they have their quarterback And Justin, herbert they have their left and right, tackle And joe. Auld they Have Nase, harris who was clearly underutilized and under coached In. PITTSBURGH i mean he even Admitted Nase harris acknowledged we didn't really have we didn't really have an identity In, pittsburgh which they don't off. Actively now you've Got hampton the breakaway runner and Nag harris the power runner the. Offense now now they're going to go, INTERIOR o, lineman sideline receiver and tied end at some point in this draft that's where they're. Going it feels like it feels like to, me this is one of the more predictable teams in the draft because the, defense let's face, it last year it overachieved or at least achieved to the level that should have With Brandon. STALEY i think The. CHARGERS i think everybody in the ballpark knows what That Greg roman needs juice and he just got a powder keg of.
Speaker 3: It. YEAH i MEAN i Saw Greg roman a decade ago With Frank gore kicking everyone's. Ass That harbaugh. Team their best receiver Was Michael, crabtree AND i think we all believe That Justin herbert has a. CHANCE i know he had a really bad playoff. Game Peyton manning had a. BUNCH i, mean THE, nfl you don't get a seven game, series so you have a bad playoff. Game it leaves the stink in everyone's. Mouth do you want to Sell Justin herbert? Stock i'll buy. SOME i would Imagine Greg roman says, like we like this quarterback a. LOT i don't blame. Him SO i think The chargers. LISTEN i, mean IF i was a betting, MAN i would say That Jim harbaugh is going to end his coaching career as A Super bowl. Champion, now it might not happen in twenty twenty, five but they are going to be a major major, factor not just in THE, afc but in THE. NFL i think over the next several. YEARS i, mean this guy is basically six foot two hundred and twenty five pounds running four to four. Five this guy's a. STUD i, mean this guy part of when you draft this, player he's going to be with the nucleus Of alt And slater And herbert now for the next five six. Years, like this is part of that nucleus with some of the guys they drafted last. Year and to, me If naj you, know for a while he got. Overdrafted, yeah looking, back you, know he's a first round, pick but he's not that. Good but he's a good role, player AND i think sometimes In pittsburgh they were very dependent on. Him now he just gets to be a role player For Jim, harball who will mix these running backs in With Greg roman and they will run the ball down your. Throat they're going to play defense and run the ball down your. Throat he's been doing. IT i, mean he probably wished he could have done it when he was a, quarterback and he's been doing it ever since he was a. Coach SO i couldn't be any more bullish on The chargers at least shocking pick so. Far the Night harpatok to go running back in the first.
Speaker 2: Round As i've told, You fubo is my favorite way to watch live. Sports flying From chicago TO la this past, Week i'm all Over, FUBO, NFL Nba, Baseball college sports, Tournament baseball's Here masters next. Week you, know sometimes you're at one of your kids, games you're at a family, function you just want you want that phone and you Want fubo next to. You just go to FuboTV dot com slash colin F ubo FuboTV dot com SLASH. Colmn get fifty dollars off two months Of. FUBO i have been using it for. Years i'm addicted to. It it is the first PLACE i check When i'm out but want to keep attached and informed on. Sports and they've got more than. Sports but check it. Out FuboTV dot com SLASH colnn fifty bucks off two Months FUBO. Tv all, Right, john they held The draft In Green. Bay there's two hundred and fifty thousand people. There it's absolutely. Magical looking on, television it's incredibly, Gripping and you, KNOW i really believe this to be. TRUE i think there are certain cities In, america and Green bay is one of. Them buffalo obviously The Buffalo. Bills baltimore's got to feel like. This they're not as, flashy and SO i think there's a feeling in the building that you do have to work harder and smarter than other. Teams and you, know Like. MIAMI i, mean look at THE nfl right. Now miami's a. Mess Both New york teams are a. Mess chicago's been a mess for a long. TIME i think sometimes you, Know, DALLAS i would, argue does not have anything resembling a top ten. ROSTER i think a lot of times somebody told me this year's, ago be careful who you draft when you live in port, cities you, know Like New, York New, Orleans, miami you, know At San, FRANCISCO. La there's just more to. Do port cities, have you, know really cool. Areas they're. Livelier BUT i Think Green bay is really a testament because it's the Smallest North american sports, market is THAT i certainly believe they're on a short. List if you told me who was drafted better than anybody over the last twenty five, years Green bay has to be on a short. List first of, all they never take offensive linemen in the first, round yet they never have bad offensive. Lines in, fact they overwhelmingly don't draft offensive players in the first, round and yet they almost always have more productive offenses than the league. Average well that's drafting and. Developing and whatever you think Of Jordan, love there's no question he has first round. Talent now can he stay? Healthy can he be more? Consistent BUT i, MEAN i look At Green bay AND i love what THE nfl is doing BECAUSE i went to a couple of drafts In New. York it was, fine but everything's hard In New. York everything The Super bowl was, Hard the drafts are. Hard it's just you, know if you ever end up In New york during you and, week forget about. IT i mean just forget about. It but it's JUST i look At Green bay AND i think they selected by the, Way Matthew golden wide Receiver. Texas so that's. Interesting they Feel Christian watson can't stay. Healthy this is a really interesting. PICK i wonder if this is just best player they had from their scouting report because we like their wide receiver, group we really like. It but the truth, is Because watson can't stay, healthy there's a feeling that they've got a bunch of twos in three and they don't have a. One or is this signaling one of their young receivers was really Inconsistent And i'm wondering if this is a sign they may move off one of their young receivers or is this is this a we don't have a number? One BECAUSE i Love watson big TOWARDS.
Speaker 3: Acl, yeah and.
Speaker 2: So my take with them Green bay is what THE i, Mean he's very likely the best player on their.
Speaker 3: BOARD i, mean this was a guy that was discussed to go in the top. FIFTEEN i think when you look At Green, bay you Lose watson to THE acl. Injury dobbs is wearing the uh the concussion cap and he got a concussion to end the, season which was Several you, KNOW i THINK i Liked, wix but he wasn't the most productive relative to his, skill very.
Speaker 2: Inconsistent you.
Speaker 3: KNOW i think the one thing that makes The packers pretty special is is most, teams just like most, companies once you get to be billion dollar, operation you kind of cycle from. Outside Like starbucks needed a NEW. Ceo they hired the dude From. Chipotle you, know the forty Nine. Ers when they were, looking they went and Got Kyle shanahan From atlanta And John lynch From fox The Green Bay. Packers once Ron wolf took, over AND i think either late eighties early, Nineties Ted thompson had worked for that organization for like thirty years and he became the general manager like fifteen or twenty years In gudakin's same. THING i Think gudakins has been in the. Organization it's in the late, nineties so they speak the same. Language it's like When steve jobs To Tim, cook it was like under the same. Umbrella that never happens in THE. Nfl, usually ONCE i fire everybody The, JAGS i hired two new people from two new. Places so you get all these different philosophical. Beliefs this guy has a, mentor this guy had a. Mentor all the mentors In Green bay stem back to Ron. Wolf it's, like you, know the one thing with The walsh. Guys they're all different, places but they're all fundamentally driven By, Walsh toholmgren To. Andy it all kind of broke down that, way but they were all different. Organizations these the scouting in the front office never Left Green. Bay you, know they went From Ron wolf To Ted, Thompson, togodakins who were all in the building as they. Transition that's unheard. Of it's kind of. UNIQUE i, Mean Howie roseman has been with The eagles for twenty five plus. Years, Now that's that's not very. Normal this is a nomadic. Profession it's kind of crazy, that you, Know sean McVay and Less sneed have been together as long as they. Have that's that doesn't happen very. Often in the. End look at The, giants they're running through coaches and. Gms the only reason they didn't fire everybody because he felt kind of bad every couple of years he was firing. People BUT i think The, packers in just in terms of, stability have a pretty special thing. Going it's why back to The rogers, thing and same With Devonte adams is, LIKE i don't know if you guys realize how good you have it?
Speaker 2: Here, no, no is it?
Speaker 3: Perfect? No but is it better than ninety percent of the? League hell?
Speaker 2: Yeah, WELL i mean look AT i, mean let's be, honest look At aaron's career since he. Left it's a. Mess it's kind of. Embarrassing, yeah it's, Embarrassing like forget the. Injury he's. Needy you, know he's kind of semi you, know he's. DISINTERESTED i mean his career has BEEN i mean he's MORE i think of him AS i think of him in human, terms more than football. TERMS i don't even think of him as a. QUARTERBACK i just think him kind of now as a. Personality and it's like that's when you're done. So AND i also THINK i ALWAYS i used to call it the Green bay quarterback. Syndrome it's a pretty easy. Media it's a small. Market you can't go to the grocery. Store you. Know you can hide in a lot of these, cities like like you, know In New, York Los, Angeles San, francisco you put a cap and glasses. ON i mean you put a hoodie.
Speaker 3: On you.
Speaker 2: Can you can walk in and out of places pretty. Regularly Green bay you. Can't AND i do think it wears on you a little. Bit like you you are so there's no owner to hold you accountable for stuff you can you, Know Aaron, farv we're taking, passive aggressive shots or aggressive shots at the front. Office you don't have an owner to tell, you you, know, hey stop it or we'll move. You SO i do think it. Is it's, different not. Difficult it's different to be a quarterback In Green. Bay but here's what's not. Difficult they never have battle. Lions they don't necessarily have a number one, receiver but you always have good. Weapons Green bay's always furnished people with good. Weapons the knock On Green bay has always, been Hasn't it always been kind of the defense should be. Better we always liked their personnel more than their. Productivity but.
Speaker 3: And their defense improved last year because they Hired boston. Athlete, yes and now it felt, like you, know the offense in a weird way let him, down which was kind of understandable because they had so many injuries at wide. Receiver the quarterback got hurt in the first, game and it just his season was just kind of. Weird but he showed some, flashes but it wasn't quite as. High but you believe In, lafloor you, Know Jordan, Love i'd, still you, know buy stock in that. Situation Josh jacobs is one of the best running backs in the. League and to, me, DEFENSIVELY i think last year they were not good in the. Division you, know they lost To. Detroit i'm pretty sure that they went which is pretty crazy that they went one in five or something in the. Division i'm pulling it up right, now The Green Bay. Packers they went one in five in the division. Going so think about. That The Green Bay packers won eleven games and they won. ONE i mean they lost a game to The, bears which is now was the last game of the season or, whatever but still one in. Five so you, KNOW i, Know packer fans a little let down the way that. ENDED i get your divisions, good even an average year gonna win split them three and. Three so you're an eleven win team with one divisional, win you add a couple, More you're you're much closer to me that thirteen wins than you are. Nine, LIKE i think The packers are gonna be. Good it would not shock me at. ALL i, mean, there let's face, it there's a major question market quarterback In. Minnesota their roster's, awesome but the quarterback the chances THAT i mean What Sam donold just throw thirty five thirty six. TOUCHDOWNS jj McCarthy gonna do. THAT i, mean look look at all these guys getting drafted Off. MICHIGAN i Mean, Honestly Jim harboss team the last two years resemble something Of saban Or Kirby, smart you know At Ohio.
Speaker 2: State you know it's Interesting john AS i look at this. Draft so let's start with twenty. One, Pittsburgh Pittsburgh, Chargers Green. Bay i'm going in, Order Pittsburgh, Chargers Green, Bay, Minnesota, Houston, Rams, Baltimore. Detroit those are really good. Rosters washington at twenty nine Than, Buffalo Kansas, City. Philadelphia the downside To washington's year it's they have a roster that should be drafting. Six But Jayden daniels was so. GOOD i, mean you look at all these rosters Around washington before and after you're, like, oh those are top twelve. Rosters washington's probably like twenty. One so the downside To jade And daniels' success, was oh, crap we could really So washington's going to be drafting at the end of all these. Rounds now they Got Jaden. Daniels nobody's crying for. Him BUT i do think their roster is closer to The, RAIDERS i would, argue than it is the teams that surround. Them, Philadelphia, buffalo Did, Troit Baltimore, Rams, Minnesota Green Bay, Chargers. Pittsburgh Even denver's got a pretty good roster at, Twenty Tampa bay at nineteen does. So just the thought As i'm looking over the teams that Remain, minnesota it.
Speaker 3: Has to be one of the worst rosters in recent. Memory and, OH i can't remember a roster that bad being in a. Comment and that's why it speaks to the power of coaching and quarterback play in THE. Nfl if you got those two, things you got a real. Chance and Obviously Dan Quinn coach of the year level And JADEN i, MEAN i don't, know one of the greatest rookie seasons we've ever. Seen now they did add now we'll, see you know his deebo. Shot does he have you, know one last season in? Him you Add Laramie. TUNZEL i mean they've added some veteran players instead of just buying average guys in free. Agency they, said, yeah we'll trade some mid round picks for some potentially higher end players that are veteran. Guys so they've taken a different tactic Utilizing Jayden daniel's rookie. Contract you, KNOW i Think debo is gonna have a little bit of a fire lit under him And Laramie tunzell JUST i mean a, flawed great, player but a pretty high end left. Tackle so THEY'VE i think their roster is gonna look much, better AND i Thank Adam peters. Is. YEAH i think he's a, stud So i'd expect him to have a good.
Speaker 2: Draft minnesota Takes Donovan. Jackson offensive line For Ohio state By buckeye, standards because of the injuries and moving players out of, position was not as good as Average Ohio state. LINES i, mean they won The, natty but it felt like a lot of that was, defense wide, receiver running. Back So Donovan jackson guard To Ohio. STATE i think we largely looked at This minnesota. Team is one of the questions was we loved him everywhere but THE o. Line, AGAIN i will never criticize teams for GOING o, line even the guys that. Miss one of The jets a few years ago took a left tackle that was had weight, Issues Makai, Becton i'll never criticize you for going. There you, know the right tackle for The giants From alabama appears to be a. MISS i get. It SO jj McCarthy's had in, Injuries Donovan jackson a guard Interior Old. LINEMAN i, mean what's the first Thing chicago, Does Drew dolman And Joe toney And Jonah. Jackson the first Thing Ben johnson does he makes Sure Caleb william's feet the guard center guard will be. Safe So minnesota Takes Donovan Jackson houston on the. Clock you. Know so if you look at the draft right, now IF i said to you your favorite, pick and we're currently through twenty, four AND i don't want to be A, homer but doesn't it feel like The chargers Getting hampton the running back at twenty two is about as good as you're going to do in this? DRAFT i, mean, no, no what does the steel? Mean and, again it's hard to give out draft. GRADES i Saw Scott Van pelt laughing at people who give out draft. Grades we don't, know but, boy at twenty, two Does Mario hampton not feel like the value pick of the? Draft so? Far? HORRIBLE i, mean out of miss last. Year Joe, walt, who by the, Way Greg roman told me wait until you See Joe. Aalt he, Goes he's going to have an unbelievable. Season he, goes people don't. Understand doesn't matter where you play left or right, tackle that is such a hard. Position first year in THE. Nfl these edge, rushers as you noted, earlier are so. Good greg was Like joealt thought he had a terrible. Season i'm, Like, joe you. Didn't he, goes this is a really hard league to try to block edge.
Speaker 3: Rushers you know what's crazy IS i was, like in my, experience guys that are that tall six,' nine it's difficult for them. To BEND and i REMEMBER when i first kind of Dove into alton. Texted around, they're, LIKE yeah i, don't worry he's an, elite Athlete and i'm. WITH you i watched him. LAST year i, was like this is one of the better ROOKIE tackles i. CAN remember i think all, these picks like starting with the, good teams Starting, WITH tampa I Mean, DENVER baron i think a lot of people think he's one of the better players in. This Draft, The, CHARGERS hampton I. Mean golden people love. This guy he goes To. The packers you want to listen wide receivers they've drafted over, The Years, DeVante Adams, Jordy nelson they get a pretty good history here. WE go i just think all these guys are gonna be impact players on.
Speaker 2: Good, teams well the rumors and the reporting. Were Right The New york giants make a trade With The, houston texans move up And Select jackson Dart Quarterback. Ole MISS so i have somebody in THIS league i trust. A lot and he Said That brian dabole Really Like. Jackson dart i'm very cool, on him mostly BECAUSE when i watched them against, YOU know i watched THEM Play, Lsu, Bama. Georgia florida those are THE games i watched With old miss like everybody else is watching On. A saturday he. WASN'T spectacular, i mean he's a. GOOD player i don't think there's. Any question he went to the same high School As, zach wilson ran the. Same OFFENSE what i worry about Is that, lane's offense, you know has a lot of, stick routes, bubble screens a lot of complete sins are, built In And ole miss has really. GOOD talent, I mean lane can really, recruit quarterbacks, running backs. Wide receivers lane's an. Elite RECRUITER and i Also think lane is schematically is a well above average. College COACH so i Worry That. Jackson dart it's a lot of that stuff is built in and he and he still in, big games is completing fifty eight fifty. Nine percent what do you hear and what do you Make Of. Jackson dart you.
Speaker 3: Know when you meet someone that everyone you, know likes but you have a bad, First impression, YOU'RE like i don't. GET it i. Had something this is off with. This guy my first time really diving into this guy was watching Him against florida and he imploded at the end of the game and. THROUGH interceptions i can't. Now YOU and i remember watching HIM at usc that, LAST year I Think clay helton was still, the coach, right yeah and he, was, like ah there's. Something there but then he immediately transfers to. Lane, listen physically he's obviously has a, talented arm good. Little athlete But that florida game in a game that was must win for them to get into, the playoffs and, you, know well miss was like a legitimate. Playoff, pick oh they were gonna compete for the NATIONAL champions i think he had the number one. Portal class they spent a bunch of money and dark just kind of let him down in some. BIG games i, would, say yeah when the, season ends you're thinking like, Third round like this guy is one of those guys that's gonna get drafted on the, second day maybe become. A starter but to, end up the draft process was really good. To him he was. A guy. You know we talked, about RISERS which i hate that sometimes like like this. Last week no one's rising this. Last week but over the course of the last couple, of months coaches get to, meet you they get you on, the board they work you. Out personally that's how. You RISE because i think it's fair to say when the, season ended if you just pulled scouts that were Going Into ole miss general managers and then, watched him this guy was not a first round. Graded quarterback and this is someone, you know shador some. Question marks, either way they. Handled everything this is a that like tries to interview, incredibly well and that can get you. In Trouble so i'm. WITH you i think THIS is, i mean what's you gonna. Do start it's not like he's. Gonna play he's not beating out, You Know. Russell wilson but is this situation where If the giants aren't. That good all of, a sudden people are chanting his name in met life and he's starting, week eight nine. Or ten and here's the, Other, thing colin when you trade up for, this player the new coaching staff coming in if they don't, WIN games, i mean they have to make the playoffs to get. Contract extensions where did they go seven and ten and they get fired and the new coach has to inherit this guy that you just trade it up. TO get, I mean i don't know WHAT they i don't know if they traded a future first. Round pick they didn't, have to but it's not like they gave, Away nothing, SO okay i. DON'T know i think these type moves are a little risky for, my BLOOD.
Speaker 2: The rams so there were two beliefs WITH. The las they Really Liked colston loveland and they really Liked rock bowers. Last year, so McVay who has a history with, tight ends would like to get a. Tight END but i had Talked to lesnie during. THE season i talked to him probably two months ago and we just had a text exchange and, he, said listen it wouldn't crush us if we moved out of the first round because they don't have a second. Round pick, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah they Traded. With atlanta So the giants traded With, the texans and then.
Speaker 2: So the falcon the twenty Six Take james Pierce the Edge. From Tennessee so atlanta's had a lousy pass. Rush FOREVER so i mean they have straw with a, Pass rush so that. Is predicata when They've Got matt judon last year From The New, england patriots they thought would help listen.
Speaker 3: To, this colin listen what les sneed. Just did so they traded With. The falcons they get their second, round pick which is pick. Forty six they get next year's first. Round pick, oh jesus So the rams have next year one.
Speaker 2: Next year So.
Speaker 3: The rams now have you said they did not have a second, Round, pick Yeah. The rams So the rams get a second round pick now pick, forty six that's their first pick of, this draft and they get Next year's falcons, won.
Speaker 2: Wow and that will be a top. Fifteen pick.
Speaker 3: You would think that that seems to get to trade up To Get. James, PEARCE oh i think THAT'S schneipe i think. THAT'S insane i mean some of these some of These, TRADES colin I just i don't.
Speaker 2: Understand that my, Mind around i'm in, a words you Just got atlanta's first round Pick For, james pierce the third to fourth best edge rusher in not a great edge. Rusher class at least.
Speaker 3: If you're trading a future first round pick and You Get, travis hunter a guy that's. Never unprecedented what the guy just did probably since, leather helmets someone played, both, Ways right.
Speaker 2: So it was.
Speaker 3: THAT sad i mean, YOU'RE looking i think, it's CRAZY but i given a future first round pick to, do, it like at least you could justify it in. The Room james pierce. DECENT rusher i mean at pick, twenty five you don't trade a future first round pick to trade up for a player in. The twenties that's that that, can't happen especially a lot a. D lineman what defensive lineman is he off the board six? OR seven i think how many guys have already come off the board that all these teams. Passed.
Speaker 2: On jesus maybe.
Speaker 3: One thing if someone was falling because of a, you know Like a laramie tunzel bong issue, or something, you're, like well this guy should have been the fourth pick in. The draft we're going. All in he's one of the most. Talented guys. That's.
Speaker 2: Crazy, well also So the rams will have two number one picks, next year Theirs. In atlanta's so you're gonna probably get one that's the top fifteen and one that's somewhere in. The twenties But, remember stafford there's a sense in. The room stafford's got two years Of the. Rams left so next year is the year you would draft a quarterback or later in, This round later in, this draft like. Fourth round, Kyle. McCord, SYRACUSE again i Feel like Cleveland took jacksonville to, the CLEANERS and i feel Like the Rams took atlanta to. The cleaners.
Speaker 3: HOW often i don't Ever remember jesus a team getting another team's first round pick in.
Speaker 2: A bad draft for the fifth best edge rusher that was drafting.
Speaker 3: Twenty six usually when you accumulate those first, round picks you're drafting, really hi that has to be at first In the, Internet era i'm drafting twenty SIX and i trade BACK and i get to the team's first, round Pick and i'm not trading, a, Player right. I'm not i'm not trading, you KNOW For dk Metcalf Or tyreek hill. Or something i'm literally just trading you pick. Twenty, six Now the rams also gave their third round pick, this.
Speaker 2: Year, so well they have two thirds and, a fourth so they have. A second, they're now let's they have, a second, a third, a fourth and. Four sixes they don't have a lot. Of, needs john they need, a corner an, inside linebacker they could use a, tight end and an. Offensive tackle they need have. Four NEEDS.
Speaker 3: And i understand That that Sean and raheem are, good buddies but that felt like taking advantage. Of, EVERYBODY now i do wonder FOR, The Gm, terry Fontineau For, RAHEEM morris i mean that owners. Mid eighties he has unlimited amounts. Of money and you've talked about this for a. Long time these owners now in basketball, and football are firing guys paying you thirty million dollars away is couch change. TO them i wonder if these guys pissed off the owner last year because they got over Aggressive with cousins and then they fell in love With what's pennix after And then. Cousins sucked now the owners Meeting, with cousins, you know because he's. Pissed off he just gave ninety million dollars and cousins got a no, trade clause so it's not easy to just. Deal them he's kind of got them by the balls and let's and then they missed the playoffs. Last year, you know they hire the biggest staff in, the League and, raheem, goes well we plan on. Losing coaches because he's acting like we're gonna be. Really good they go under. FIVE hundred i wonder if that owner, is like, you guys better win and. WIN now i don't know how MUCH longer. I have there's pressure on. You guys this felt like one of those like there's pressure.
Speaker 2: From, ABOVE well, i Mean the giants are a bad. Football operation They Take, jackson dart who very few people had as a first. Round Prospect the falcons make a weird. Move up they get a first and, a third but they give up next year's number one and they give up, a, second, which again this is not a. Good draft last year was a. Great draft next year's supposed to be a significantly. Better draft this is not a. Good, draft no everybody's. Saying It There's james pierce will start, For them will he starve. For THEM now i understand it. As well they haven't had a pass rush. IN forever, i mean they just they just don't. Get sacks so and They also atlanta's drafted so many. OFFENSIVE players i Think the falcons have drafted four. Straight years their first pick was an, Offensive PLAYER so I do i do think they, you know the defensive side was to play.
Speaker 3: FOR them i got no problem drafting defense, TO me I just i'm not trading a future first round pick TO get i, don't know the fifth or sixth or seventh defensive lineman off. THE board, i mean this is in. THE twenties i truly believe that's an, unprecedented MOVE and i would have imagined stats will come out over the next twenty four hours that a team has come up from the mid second round to the middle of the twenties and given a for, you know especially for a. Non quarterback maybe we've seen in the past a team trading backup for a quarterback from the. Second Round But, JAMES pierce i would imagine half the league had this guy's like a fringe first round pick to, begin, with again, solid prospect but to mortgage that much for one player.
Speaker 2: By the Way the ravens took in a Division With. Joe Burrow take Georgia's Safety, malachi, starks which by, the Way With kyle hamilton gives them two first. Round safeties, you know it's funny about the. Safety Position the rams really. Value it safety is one of those positions where a lot of the progressive teams in, This League, kansas city a lot of these teams IN. The, nfl now some of these coaches now there's kind of a rebirth on safeties and their value to. THE defense i don't know why, that Is BUT i've i Know the rams really think highly. Of It kansas city has shown they care. About it ravens now have two first. Round, safeties Again these georgia guys just feels like, to me the hit Rate on georgia guys is very high in the.
Speaker 3: First, ROUND yeah i feel like all the Guys from georgia are gonna be good in. THE pros i think it's one the explosion of the, pass game so you're helping out your corners with all these teams have Good wide.
Speaker 2: You See the lions just paid their safety. Of fortune did you see?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 2: YESTERDAY no i. Did not they paid one of their safeties, not branched it was the.
Speaker 3: Other guy so they have to cover. Tight, ends well we've never had more pass catching, tight ends and we just got two guys that were drafted in the, top fifteen so you got to cover. That guy think how many running backs now forever there was one Or two marshall Fakes Or LADANIAN tomlinson's i feel like half the league Are just i'm never coming off, the field starting running BACK and i catch. The, Ball Yeah dereck henry's. Pretty, rare well who's covering? That guy linebackers in, The Safety so i'm covering, Tight ends i'm covering running backs out of the backfield that both can turn into just. Elite receivers AND then i got to help my corners out against every, Single Week, Jamar Chase. Justin jefferson you just go through. The list so the passing games are, so explosive and you know This Guy, kyle hamilton the good Safeties who fungal was, LIKE this i have to help in run support and be a. Good tackler they're just really really valuable because you are taking linebackers off. The field now with the, spread offense but these teams spread you out and then run. THE ball i need that guy to kind of act as. A Linebacker so i'm. WITH you i value middle linebacker and safety more than definitely some, teams do because the teams with good players at those positions are usually pretty good. On defense how?
Speaker 2: About That so detroit.
Speaker 3: THIS draft i mean, THESE guys I mean dart And the pierce thing are a, little weird, but Well the Jars From, ohio state, Good, player golden, Good, player hampton, Good player starks as a stud these teams in the in. The twenties this is the best part about quote unquote average DRAFTS is I think Eric de costa would, Tell, you yeah we don't view that big of a difference at pick twenty six twenty seven as the guy getting drafted at.
Speaker 2: PICK thirteen, i mean the, Bottom line baltimore went and got, a starter and for a Team. Like baltimore when you get down to these Teams, Like Philadelphia, Kansas, City, Buffalo, Detroit, Baltimore rams john there's not that many. Starting positions do you remember years AGO When aj smith WAS the gm Of the chargers and they had that fourteen and two team Like Ten, pro bowlers and they gave up multiple draft Picks For, eric weddle the Safety from utah who had an, unbelievable CAREER and i remember LISTENING. TO. A j smith talking. About it, he's like we got two positions that any of these kids. Could start, he goes we need a SAFETY and i forget the. Other position but his, point was when you get to the bottom of this, first round these teams don't have a ton. Of holes and so you Look. At baltimore when you Think, of baltimore they got their tight end now you, Know It. Zay flowers they have a, wide receiver they have, their quarterback they have their, left TACKLE their o line, is fine they've got a, pass RUSH and I mean i think they look at it and they just they think, to themselves, You know, georgia safety. BIG hitter, i mean Just these georgia guys almost. All.
Speaker 3: WORK yeah i think when you look at the, good teams they typically cut four or five guys that immediately Get claimed, september first so they have more of the fifty three man roster their roster because you're not gonna cut your first and second and third. Round picks typically you're gonna cut GUYS that i REMEMBER when i first got into radio and it was Going to. Harbaugh's team it was like. Twenty Thirteen greg roman would have been on. THAT staff i think they had eight, guys claimed so they had a roster that. They, captain obviously there was The peak harball forty. Nine ers they had FIFTY three, nfl guys and then they had eight or seven guys immediately get claimed to other teams and some of those guys. Became stars so they have. A roster, you Know, the Ravens, the Eagles, the chiefs they actually have like sixty SIXTY one. Nfl players, you know, some teams the, bad teams and, they're, LIKE yeah i guess we got to keep. This guy they probably got like. Mid, forties, yes guys they. Feel comfortable so it's A huge i mean it's the difference of the good and the. Bad team Look at philadelphia.
Speaker 2: Right now philadelphia's got six to seven guys who. Aren't starting we look at their own LINE in d. Line depth For the, eagles.
Speaker 3: Alone they're GONNA be, i mean if they stay. Relatively healthy, to me the only question mark is, you know the new. Offensive coordinator but, roster wise it's it's. ABOUT it, i mean if they end Up Getting. Will, johnson well look.
Speaker 2: At THIS if i said, To you, Miami shaky Miami Gets kenneth grant, At thirteen Baltimore Gets molik starks at. Twenty seven AND if i said to you one of those two guys has a big, ROOKIE year i Would. Take starks yeah. For.
Speaker 3: SURE yeah i Mean the ravens defenders from the programming that's gonna work is playing next to one of the better young players IN. The nfl it's those. Two Guys the ravens Just need lamar to have some good, playoff games because you could argue even, LAST year i mean they were better In, the bills they had a. Better team they lost the game obviously two. Years ago they're. At home they are kind of in. THIS window, i mean they draft, so well they got this quarterback in the peak of. Their powers we will, look back, you know, thank god You know Jokic and giannis WON an nba championship because they might never win, one again but at least they. Got It the ravens have this window. Right now it's they play the other two teams. Good too it's not like they're intimidated By the bills Or. The chiefs, it's like this is your time and it's. THEIR roster i DON'T know i have their team is just how do they draft? So well and they're always picking like twenty eight to.
Speaker 2: Thirty WELL and i, think again they are such a. Good roster they went and remember a couple of years ago They Got linda baum the center And Then kyle hamilton. The safety and their, takeaway, was well they would start. For. Us again they had probably four positions you could and then they because they can go acquire if they always go and acquire a starter and free agency or two and then with Teams like baltimore that maybe only two players you. Can draft so they went and got a center and. A safety they both end up being. Terrific players but a lot of people don't think centers. And safeties you know our first round, Draftable players well they are If. You're Baltimore so detroit gets uh defensive Tackle From, ohio State.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Tally williams their defensive Line At ohio state was. Really Good so detroit takes a player that had a wide variance on projections. A position, You Know aiden hutchinson. Comes back they want an interior defensive lineman who was a great, Run, stopper tyleiequilliams Defensive Tackle. Ohio state so he had one of the wider variances for a first. Round pick he had, early third. Mid second they Get him detroit does at. Twenty eight i'm reading his draft. Profile, here boy it's all over. The great one of the top ten run stuffers in. This draft.
Speaker 3: That's me think about think about. Their division, you got, you Know The, Minnesota Vikings aaron jones a good, running Back The Green Bay packers jacob's one of the better backs in. The league and the one thing they Know About ben johnson is he's going to want to run the ball right and be physical at the line. Of scrimmage and they got a good offensive. Line IMPROVED so i think last year when they had all those injuries that their defensive line Obviously once aidon broke, his leg but they lost so many other guys they had nothing to hold. The point so, to me they just needed some more. Big bodies and the one thing you would Say About, DAN campbell i mean those, two guys Him and. HOLMES resurrected, i mean what one of the most futrid franchises in the history of sports that they are. Real. OPERATION now i feel pretty confident about like, they know, you know last year They drafted Arnold. From alabama this year They Go. Ohio, state like they don't veer far from the. Top, Programs right they're not trying to outthink the. Room here they're, not like let's take this OVERACHIEVER From. Uc davis like they're just sticking kind of On The howie, Roseman plan let's take the better players from the. Bigger, program yes and it's not easy. TO draft, i mean they've been good now a couple of years in. A row it's much easier to nail picks when you're drafting tenth than when you're drafting, twenty, sixth, Right.
Speaker 2: Right well and the Thing about williams was he was a really. Good player he didn't have like a, great COMBINE which i don't really hold it against. THE guy, i mean we have some teams now that don't go to. The combine. Some coaches he was a really, productive player so he was viewed as a second. Round pick, you, know again you. GET down i made this Argument with. Jason McIntyre if you go to the grocery store and your wife actually, get eggs bread, and melt and you come back with a rake and, you, said YEAH but i got great value. On, it well we don't need. To rake we have one like sometimes you just have to draft what. You need and let's Say on detroit's board they had him as the thirty sixth best player and they're drafting. Twenty, eight well what do. YOU do i mean, this again this offense needs. NO help i mean they're, stacked offensively so they were gonna, draft defense and my take is they don't need an. Edge Rusher so i've always wondered. About that When you're detroit, twenty eight he may be your thirty sixth, rated player but if you don't take a defensive, Lineman, here john you're not drafting until deep in the. Woods Tomorrow and detroit could look at the draft, and, go well four defensive tackles are going to be off, the board the four we like by the time we. Draft tomorrow so we when you were Working with Andy, and philadelphia are there times that you do reach simply because of need and you look, and, think well we don't want to trade, up tomorrow and the four guys at this position that we really like will all be gone by the time we. Draft tomorrow we got.
Speaker 3: A factor and let's, just say, you know in, Their Backyard will John the michigan corner is probably might be their highest. Graded, guy well last year our first two Picks was arnold And. Racket straw they used pick twenty four to sixty one last year on two dbs FROM. The sec so you have to factor in guys from. Last Year obviously arnold's, a starter but these guys like going to factor more in where do we? Need help, SO yeah, I mean i think you have to factor in need when you draft at the end of the, first round and you have to base it on, last year what you invested in on the draft and how you feel those guys can take a. Big step that's a hard balance. To do so you might have, guys, like hey this guy was on a practice squad, last year but we think we might need, a linebacker but we actually think he might have a chance. To start so YOU got i got a factor in the big picture view of. The roster and then obviously what you did in.
Speaker 2: Free, agency okay so this is not surprising to me. AT all i Know the rams like, This Player Josh, connerley junior the offensive Tackle for oregon Goes. To WASHINGTON so i had said this on the show a couple of times last week and, this week is that If you're washington and you Look, at philadelphia who you have to play twice, a year and you look At THE eagles o LINE and, d line so You get debo with McLaurin And, jaden daniels so you've. Got weapons you got to FIX those O and. D lines you're Not. Beating philadelphia and so, To me connorley's a kid THAT went i think It Was rainier High. In seattle he came DOWN to Usc AND oregon us he thought they. Had him this was the beginning of the Nil and oregon, paid about, you know three four hundred thousand to. Get him he was the best left tackle by far On The. West coast he Went. To oregon he played as. A freshman the One thing i'll say, about him, great body but he just got better every Year. At oregon he was really young when he, got there but they played him early and he's he Just got he got better, and better AND so i Know the rams. LIKED him, I like i'll tell, you this this is one of my favorite picks in the last. FIVE picks i really like this PICK because i, MEAN again i think first, OF all i think you get. SOME value, i mean he's gonna he's. Gonna play he's an. Ascending player, you know played against. Real competition oregon In The, big ten played against really. Good competition and, You, know oregon let's be honest, About it oregon recruits an elite level over the last. Ten years he's At practiced Oregon pract now they Don't Have ohio. State players this this is a really good pick and it's the.
Speaker 3: Right, position well, to me it's a little bit of a, you know at the end of, the twenties how do you GET a i don't want to say, a project but he's got, you know he's an upside guy who's not ready to be like, you Know the pats were going to take him at, pick four but he's one of the more athletic guys in the class at the position you just. Get tunsil so in the last month They Had laramie tunzel and their first round pick is. A tackle, so ideally maybe this guy depends if you if you extend tons when he's your, left tackle you put this guy at. Right tackle maybe you Just use tonsil this year and you realize you don't, want him you bump this guy over to the. Left tackle it gives. You OPTIONALITY but I can i never have an, issue with like, you said With the, beckton pick taking swings on guys, six five three hundred and twenty pounds that are blue. Chip kids, you know obviously you got to do your homework on the guy and their work ethic and toughness is huge at offensive, defensive line especially, Offensive line like how tough, You are but it's, you know you Play For dan Lanning and mario these last couple, Of years like that's an. INTENSE program, i mean so you, go there they've played at a. High, LEVEL yeah i think you got to see a new level of Toughness With ohio state really these last Or at oregon these last couple. Of Years the pac twelve was excellent two, years ago and this year At at oregon playing In The. BIG ten, i mean you get you got a couple of years where the film playing at a really high level in some. Massive games, SO yeah I mean i thought this guy At The, senior bowl there was talk about him potentially being in, the mix like a top. Fifteen pick so sometimes, you know other position. Guys go obviously some receivers and defensive linemen push.
Speaker 2: Him down once once, those honestly once those tight ends, were gone this IS who i Thought the rams if they didn't get a, tight end this IS who i Thought the rams. WOULD take i know they.
Speaker 3: LIKED him i just think you get to a point where if someone knocked on my door right now and offered me triple what my, House worth i'd, Be like i'll be. Out tomorrow that's What THE rams. I Met the rams felt pretty good about taking a player kind of in this group that just, got drafted these last, couple guys but they just got an offer they couldn't say. No To like and this is where when you have stable organizations Like less Sneed and, sean McVay the only reason they go somewhere they would Choose to sean McVay would go choose To, Do amazon like he's not. Going anywhere you can make these bigger picture moves because there would be some teams in. Their spot, it's like you got this, valuable, pick right you have a first. Round pick there are players that can. Help you You Got. Matt stafford you're living year to year it'd be easy to. Justify, it listen they're offering us, a ton but we're trying to Win The super bowl. This year no one would have blamed them if they would have taken a player. Right there but, they're like for the health and the big picture of, the organization this is one hundred the. Right Move the rams have done an incredible job these last two years of like staying focused on winning and a competitive team while balancing this restructure of. A roster it's it's pretty unheard of kind of how. They've did now They've. Had stafford, you know if they would have had a, middle tier lower, tier quarterback they would Have.
Speaker 2: Been stafford you could argue, After, combo Yeah After andy Reid, and mahomes it's they're probably the second best combo in.
Speaker 3: The, LEAGUE yeah i, would agree especially when you factor and he's the. Play caller so. THEY are, i mean let's, face It the eagles Handled. The packers they obviously Them versus washington was not a, fair fight and they Dominated The. Super bowl there was one team in the playoffs that gave him a run for, their money and it Was. The, rams yes and for, a team, you know we Give the dolphins a lot of shit for being this warm. Weather climate they, can't travel and. It's true history speaks. For Itself the rams should fall under that. As well what's the weather on a daily based? Out there. Eighty degrees they had the ball to fifteen built this.
Speaker 2: Tough team they had the ball to fifteen yard line first down to Beat the Eagles in philadelphia in. A snowstorm they had. The ball they just Couldn't Block jalen carter on back TO back i think it was back to back snaps because They Had, bo limmer who was like a Six round arkansas draft pick, at center which was the weakest spot in their. Own line and then you know that was a you needed an all pro center. To BLOCK but i mean They had philadelphia up against. The ropes remember that big Completion Of pooka nakua out of. The sideline, you're like, holy shit they're going to walk out of here And.
Speaker 3: Beat, philadelphia well think about what they've done is the type players that they have drafted over, The Years, Aaron, Donald, Poka. Nakua cooper, you know they just draft guys that would have thrived in LIKE The afc, north right they just happened To. PLAY stafford I mean stafford could Have Played nanny klimate throughout. His career, SO yeah I mean i Think, THE rams i think they just got. AN offer i would imagine they went into the day planning on taking one of the guys in this group that gets drafted in, the twenties and they got a phone call that blew. THEM away i would have said.
Speaker 2: Yes, too Okay the Bills Take, maxwell harris and he's a Cornerback. From kentucky it's a position. OF need i don't think there's any question. About that they have to get better. At, corner also if you're going to get past, You Know kansas City and Mahomes and Reid And joe burrows and you start looking at some of these quarterbacks IN, the afc you better be better and deeper.
Speaker 3: At corner why would They Invite jalen milroe to the draft when he's not going to get drafted in the. FIRST round i saw his comments SAYING that i just want to hear my. Name called it'd. BE cool i get why he, would go even if he goes in the. Third round it has to be a. Cool EXPERIENCE but i don't understand WHY the nfl would draft a guy that was not going to go in the. FIRST round, i, mean honestly he's not even. A lock he'll probably go in the. Second ROUND but.
Speaker 2: I, Don't, KNOW yeah i, you know it's people really. LIKE him, I mean i think the story of the first Round Is shaduor sanders didn't get Drafted Because kansas city's not taken Them and philadelphia has not. Taken HIM so, I mean i think our story of the first Round Is. Shaduur sanders, YOU know, I AGAIN i i don't. LOVE him i think HE'S a. B Prospect but i'm in a quarterback driven league where about seven teams. Neat quarterbacks I'M surprised i.
Speaker 3: Could See the raiders in the second round. Taking them, you Know the Jets, signed FIELDS but i.
Speaker 2: That's not well. The defense so by, The way fields had a defensive Coach, in chicago. Defensive coach where'd he Go in pittsburgh, defensive coach rookie defensive coach With The Jets Like, JUSTIN fields i don't think he was ever going to. Be great that's not a. Fair shot like he's never had an offensive Culture ago Jets, From Pittsburgh like Justin.
Speaker 3: Somehow shador Fell to dallas in the second round and they pulled. THE trigger.
Speaker 2: I think there's, you know nobody will say this, out loud but this is the, second surgery lower body Surgery For. Dak, prescott okay he was never hyper athletic to. BEGIN with i thought the last time, He played dak was absolutely a. Pocket quarterback, oh yeah that's what. He was he Was very he was much Closer To aaron Rodgers And kirk cousins than He Was bo Knicks And lamar Jackson And josh allen.
Speaker 3: Did did dak say this when they Reported or shottenheimer, say like he's not ready to go in OTAs from? This injury they did the hamstring injury like he's not even like if they played a game in, a month he, couldn't play you KNOW what. I mean so the ankle went a shattered like, you said he was never even close to the. Same, Mobility nope which he's a solid hockey by, The, way john this injury is a pretty. BIG deal, i mean how often do you guys tear?
Speaker 2: Their hamstring And Also aaron rodgers was an elite pocket quarterback and So Was. Kirk cousins so you can live with them having a reduction. Of mobility dak's never been, you know he's never been a, strong armed effortlessly. Accurate QUARTERBACK that. I mean dan mullen is, college coach, you know and laughs. ABOUT it i talked, to him, you know now HE'S at U and l but used to Be, at florida he Was At. Misissippi state, he's, like well, you know we told you when We got dak it was about, the intangibles, the man, the player. The toughness he still never threw a, good ball like we never thought he threw a. Pretty ball so the fact that, YOU know i don't think schedor Of the cowboys.
Speaker 3: Is.
Speaker 2: Crazy now it would obviously create an s storm and they've got far greater needs than that.
Speaker 3: First time head. Coach too, YOU know i don't Know if jerry And even jerry would have to probably, you know cooler heads would have to prevail and, BE like i don't know if we even want to.
Speaker 2: DO this i, think Honestly the cowboys are going to go, tight end that's, my guess tight end or. Running, back Yeah If javonte williams came There, from denver so they've got they've got a two at? Running back can they? Find, Us Listen travion Henderson For ohio state in, my opinion now maybe the best, player available he could go.
Speaker 3: To the chiefs here at. Thirty two, you Know the eagles And.
Speaker 2: THE chiefs i bet you. That Too kansas. CITY takes i Think.
Speaker 3: The eagles And the Andy and howie were just bored because they just traded with each other thirty one to, thirty, two really so they just they flip. Flop. PICKS andy i think historically he's had made a trade in every draft for like twenty, five years and how he loves the trade, so.
Speaker 2: Well it's funny because.
Speaker 3: THAT'S really i can See the chiefs Taking The ohio state running back.
Speaker 2: For sure but You said philadelphia just moved to.
Speaker 3: Thirty, one yeah they're picking. Thirty one it wouldn't shock me if they Take the michigan, Corner Here. Will johns what Are the eagles? REALLY neat, i mean they just take whoever the best player on the.
Speaker 2: Board is by, the way is that gonna be funny If the Eagles Get, will johnson who was viewed by most as the best corner and they just hit on two corners? Last year let me tell. You something nobody in this league has three. Good corners nobody in this league has three. Good corners if They Get, Will johnson philadelphia is the only team in the league that.
Speaker 3: Has, that well they got three, good corners and then they would have probably the best young pass rusher IN, the nfl definitely interior pass Rusher In. Jalen Carter nolan smith really came on at the.
Speaker 1: One of the most active LINEBACKERS with i, don't know the highest paid defensive coordinator in, the League And vic fangio and their entire offense is all making minimum twenty million dollars in a Bunch of.
Speaker 2: Pro bowlers. Let's predict let's do it right now. For fun we won't edit. THIS out I think Philadelphia Takes will Johnson and kansas that He Takes. Trevon henderson that's.
Speaker 3: MY guess I would i will agree with, You There will johnson's going one of these next two picks would be. My, guest well and the other THING is i could See. The chiefs remember they took the little running Back From lsu Burrows year clyde he kind of you KNOW they, i KNOW but i do wonder if that you know they've andy had, success Historically got shady in the second round like that they. Have TAKEN but i think in This, DRAFT hendrickson i mean he was he made a lot, of.
Speaker 2: Plays, dude yeah the KID from lsu. WAS not i didn't think he was a wildly dynamic home.
Speaker 3: Run back he was more OF a i think they viewed him more as like a pass Catcher, like westbrook a. Young version it. Just did it, didn't work but they do need you would like the One thing philly has is. JUST playman i mean they're, just, Like Yeah, dallas goddard someone. Take him we'll just draft the tight end the second or third round because we got to save a little money here because we got we don't we only got one football to. Go around but they are so loaded. On offense where you Look, at philly You got rice who's gonna come off. This injury you Got zavor worthy came on at. The End BUT kelsey's i mean he's he's a postseason player at. Most now so that they they need, some pop, you know. Running back they were Playing With, kareem hunt, you know toward the end of the season when you know they had, some Injury so i'd be stunned If the chiefs don't go with.
Speaker 2: The, playmaker well they're GONNA get, i mean they're Gonna Get Rashi, rice back who would really have developed into a one before he.
Speaker 3: Got hurt but that was a PRETTY big, I mean mahomes he took. HIM out i mean that was a pretty bad. Knee injuries, Lake snapped i'm. With you he. Was healthy he was a really really. GOOD player, i, mean god how he's he might be on the biggest heater of OF any gm in his Recent Drafts, Quinn, Mitchell Cooper Dejan, Jalen Carter, Nolan Smith Chiefs. JORDAN davis i mean they haven't missed on, many picks and.
Speaker 2: It showed, you KNOW if i said to you what draft picks and what moves didn't, you love we would we would probably say we didn't Love what. Jacksonville did we didn't Love what, Miami did we didn't love With it, lanta did trading up With. THE rams, i mean isn't? It predictable? Isn't it AND if i said, to you what are some of, The steels well you'd say. To Yourself jim harbaugh getting a star running back at twenty two's. Of Steel Malachi starks baltimore at twenty seven is a damn, good pick and it looks like if they do what, We think.
Speaker 3: Jesus They Took, jahad campbell the Linebacker.
Speaker 2: From, Alabama oh Philadelphia. Did, yeah now he's the. Best linebacker he's kind of a. FREAK athlete i do think.
Speaker 3: THEY lost i forget whether it was In the packer game or it might have Been the. Washington Game Remember Na, kobe Dean the georgia linebacker had a, bad injury a really bad. Knee INJURY so i wonder you know they Re Signed. Zach bond here's the other thing he. Has done now four or five years in. A row they have basically just Drafted from Alabama and georgia in the first couple. Of picks last year was a little bit of an outlier with the Corner, from toledo but again he Was like. Ashton genty he could have. Left nil he was kind.
Speaker 2: OF loyalty I Think, Jehad campbell i'd argue, right now this is probably the best. VALUE pick a lot of people saw him as going somewhere like eighteen to. Twenty six they got him at the thirty. First pick that's a pretty damn. GOOD pick I.
Speaker 3: Think jahad Campbell And malachi starks are two guys That If malachi Starks and campbell had been offensive guards or, wide receivers they would have Been top they were two of the better players in. This draft but, their positions, you know kind of drop. Him down if you told Me that campbell was a, pass rusher not like a stand, Up linebacker he's going. Much higher so discriminated against giving. Your, position god they are.
Speaker 2: Gonna be they are so they Are, Talent colin oh, my, GOD yeah i mean them And.
Speaker 3: The ravens ARE just i mean every time they just get these, high end elite players from the best programs that will just knock your. Block off that's the other thing that they. Are getting there's nothing soft about these players. They Acquire the eagles have kind of morphed in To the ravens in terms of their. PHYSICAL mentality, i Mean the eagles have always had Talent, from andy even through the how, He RUN but i think these last three or, four years the physical presence of their, football team it's a little like the hardball forty nine Ers And Pete Carroll seattle seahawks of just you better buckle up when you play these guys because they're gonna. HURT you, I mean sirianni. Pretty lucky he just gets to coach a team full. All stars.
Speaker 2: God how he gets the best linebacker in that track with the thirty. FIRST pick.
Speaker 3: I could See the Chiefs Going will, johnson here or the white RECEIVER or i mean the running Back From.
Speaker 2: OHIO state.
Speaker 3: I do think If you're PHILLY or I Mean, KANSAS city i mean, YOUR division, i mean it's gonna. Be hard, you know they've benefited for. A While the raiders were. A joke, you Know the chargers just kind of always went cheap, with coaches and, you Know the broncos have had a lot of Turmoil Post. PAYDON manning, i mean this DIVISION feels, I Mean pete Carroll's a Hall, Of famer he's Coaching. The raiders You got Jim And sean payton to the highest paid coaches in, the league and they were two. Playoff teams and this is really gonna Test the chiefs over the next couple of years of they're gonna need to keep nailing draft picks and need to probably make some tough decisions like how long. Can you, You Know chris jones is an elite player when he wants, to be, but he's, you know half, the games he's not trying. As hard, You Know travis kelsey's kinda that they're gonna need their second iteration of a Group Like new england Hat during Belichick and, brady right and they. Had three but you're gonna need to need to have a new Crop of you're gonna need to get Your Next, chris jones Your Next travis kelce to be the core Guys with patrick over the next five or.
Speaker 2: Six, Years yeah howie gets the. Best linebacker thirty first pick once again goes TO an sec heavyweight to. Get him rinse. And, repeat Yeah the i'll tell, you what depending On Who kansas city takes with a thirty, second Pick, if Henderson The ohio state, running back does, not go he is the best player to start the. Second round he is a.
Speaker 3: To Me. The titans wouldn't you be all? OVER him I mean i think you go skill guy. To Around cam ward helped. Him out you Already got ridley on.
Speaker 2: The ROSTER he's i mean the fact that, HE is i mean he is. A home all three of these running backs the top three. Running back these are home run. Running backs these are guys That can these guys can you know. A nause harris is a guy that he just doesn't have any career runs over twenty. Five yards he just doesn't. Have many and it's one thing, in college but IN the nfl you got to outrun corners and safeties to get loose The gent Hampton, and henderson those are home. Run backs those guys break long. Runs regularly so this is an insane running. BACK draft i, TOLD you i. Said This woody marks is USC's most versatile running Back Since. Reggie bush he's a. Terrific back he will not be one of the top twelve to thirteen running, backs taken and. He is he was. TO me, i mean on Any, given saturday he. Was us he's. BEST player.
Speaker 3: I mean headline that recruiting's going a little bit Better for.
Speaker 2: Lincoln twenty twenty six classes. Number ONE their nil is up to like. Eighteen, millions yeah they're buying high. School players. That's good and they're buying heist and they're buying.
Speaker 3: Here's the chiefs, they. Took simmit they took the offensive Lineman From. Ohio state that's you know, One, THING andy i think there were some question marks about. The person not a, bad guy but, YOU know I think andy's history that they will take some flyers on talent and that's, you know this is this is the guy that got injured during. THE season I mean i think he was viewed as a top ten yeah. Whatever, point, YEAH yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean it. Was there there was a time when he got. Banged up there was real Concerns For. OHIO state, i mean they did Lose, to michigan so who had two elite. Defensive Linemen so henderson's available at the top of THE second I think I think, tennessee boy that would be a strong pick. By them so there you. Have It shador sanders does not. Get, picked.
Speaker 3: Wow looking at These, names colin lot of, big ten lot of sec here in the in the.
Speaker 2: First, ROUND no i mean it's this is who are? WE kidding i mean this Is what FOX, and espn who now have major control in, college football wanted college football to look more LIKE, the nfl two, major conferences and so now they've. Extended that what is the? Playoff now? Fourteen, teams yeah and So and i'm, you know my take is you're going to get you know you're going to get eight of those at least from the, big dogs and so, YOU know, i mean it's who are we? KIDDING here i mean you.
Speaker 3: Want listen to listen to this stretch starting at nine because the, first round, you know the first couple of Picks had Colorado And, Boise, State, Texas, Michigan, Georgia, Bama Michigan, Penn, State, georgia Ole, miss a and m Guard From North, dakota State which i'm sure would have started at the. Power programs they probably tried to. Buy Them, Ohio, State, Texas Oregon, North, Carolina Texas, Ohio, state Ole, Miss, Tennessee Georgia, Ohio, State oregon kentucky who had a, Good, Defense Bama. Ohio state it's just.
Speaker 2: So when you're Arguing that indiana absolutely needs to be in, the playoff, it's, like folks Can we this is what drives me nuts about the college. Football MEDIA and i know a lot of these guys stop six PROGRAMS have, i mean if LSU's now a little bit because of THEIR nil lsu is a bit down in terms, of talent but generally there's like six programs and the Fact That notre dame now is recruiting at an.
Speaker 3: Elite.
Speaker 2: Level folk there's like six programs every year that just have. Better players, You know stark Now. At texas as long as, he's there they're gonna have top four players in. The Country, Ohio State georgia Kalin de boor is a. Great Recruiter brian kelly bang, the drums so they have some. Nil money but everybody's always trying TO argue smu and god. Stop it look at. This talent it's all big ten sec.
Speaker 3: And even the one GUY that i think had a run with guys up here is kind of falling off a, little bit and it shows they're not quite as Good. As clemson, You know clemson used to be. A program they don't do. PORTAL no i Mean what kirby's really turned his program Into what saban was in.
Speaker 2: This Peak, john middlcoff great, Two, Hours bud what.
Speaker 3: A night the volume