Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heeart Radio podcast. This week's Therapy Thursday, We've got Glenn Rotman. He is one of the world's most recognized hypnotherapists whose transformative work has captivated and helped celebrities, Grammy Award winning artists, and social media stars to achieve profound personal transformations. And he also has a new subscription for everyone to be able to get. It's called the hypno Vault. So let's get him on and see how he can help you with possibly hypnotherapy sessions on his app. I'm really excited to talk to you because we have had We've had a hypnotherapist on the show before. It was a while ago, and it was one of those things where like it's not that I don't believe in it, because you know, I've tried a few of them or a few times, and for me, I think where it didn't quote unquote work was because I don't think I've continued to follow up on it. It's almost like I wanted like that quick fix, you know, I'm like, oh, it didn't work, and so what is like the science behind Like can we just like get right into it, Like what is the science behind hypnotherapy and how many sessions do you have to do? And like we know with obviously you have your hypnovault that I want to talk about. But yeah, because there's just there's so many people to listen to the show. You know that you know personally, I also have anxiety, the stress, I mean, just like everybody else in the world. So let's start with that and then let's go into it.
Speaker 2: Sure sounds great, So it depends on a couple of things. Right. As a hypnotherapist, and I've done a lot of entertainment hypnosis as well, So my approach is to always go for the what I call the hypnomiracle, is the quick that's what I want. Does that happen every single time? Of course not. Not everybody is what we would call a high responder to where in that moment I can suggest away the problem or the anxiety or the fear or the emotion that you don't want to feel anymore. For somebody that's really highly responsive, yes, we can get that immediately. For those that don't respond in that way, it becomes more of a guided meditation, and then we use repetition to make that change take place and so I think it's important to kind of understand the difference between kind of what I do on my Instagram when I'm doing entertainment hypnosis or more more for fun or for showy, versus really doing hypnotherapy with clients, If that kind of makes sense. There is a little bit of a difference, you know, so for you, depending what the issue was that you were working on, and depending on your connection with the person you're working with. And also there's reasons sometimes not everybody is in a place where they're ready to let go of the issue just yet. It just depends on a few of those factors, you know. So seeing people when I say sleep and they drop and it looks very dramatic, Yes it is real, But that doesn't work the same way on every single person. Even in a stage show environment like you go to a fair or a college and there might be twenty chairs on stage. Well, ultimately we're gonna pull maybe four or three people off because they were distracted or they weren't highly responsive in that moment. So there is a little more at play than just everybody responding the same way. Does that help explain it a little better?
Speaker 1: It does? But so is that really I mean from the stuff on Instagram, and that's actually real. Someone's like dance like a chicken, or you know what I mean, or be a chick, Like that's actually real, because I've always wondered like, okay, come on, like that can't be real.
Speaker 2: So here's the deal with that. When some people go into a meditative state, they become highly suggestible. So let's say you're doing a yoga class and at the end of yoga class, you know, you're lying in a chiva suppose, and you're just kind of relaxing, and you're going into that kind of transke state. Some people become really suggestible. So on a yoga floor, if I were to walk by you and touch you on the shoulder and say, God, you're feeling really cold, you're feeling really cold, your body's shivering, you'll take that suggestion in and you'll believe you're feeling cold and start to shiver if you are in that kind of transx state. And that's really how to debunk it. It's just we become not everyone, but we can become very hyper suggestible in a meditative state. So when I tell them things like you know, when you open your eyes, you're going to see your favorite celebrity and they look at me and they think I'm somebody else. In that moment, they really believe it. It's their their imagination takes oh and I'll say, like, do you love my long flowing hair? Like, oh my gosh, your hair is beautiful, and it's the most ridiculous thing. And I understand. I completely appreciate that. You think, come on, that can't be real. But I've had people, when I was doing entertainment hypnosis, be on stage for ninety minutes have complete amnesia of what they did. I mean, I'll give you a great example. People can look at. There is a good mythical morning. I hypnotized link to like tomatoes, and we did a whole hypnotherapy session with him. I had him doing silly and fun things and when I said okay, one, two, three, four, five, eyes open waterwake, He's like, right, what are we getting started? I'm like, we're done. He's like, what do you mean We're done? He had complete amnesia of our whole time together. You can see it. So it's it is. It's an interesting phenomenon, and I get it that it's okay if you're skeptical about it if you think, no, that's fake, it really isn't. Now, could it be if you're doing a stage show and some people are faking just for attention. Of course, of course that could be, because you know, people like to get attention, they like the spotlight.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's good to get laughs, you know, it's it feels good when people laugh, exactly, So.
Speaker 2: That can happen. But when I've known a few times when that happens, because I can tell in their response is that that's not a legitimate response, and we still go with it. Man. I don't do the stage hypnosis like I used to do in colleges and those things. It's really more about working with people one on one. I still use that entertainment hypnosis in my seminars just to one, it's it's fun to watch.
Speaker 1: It is entertaining, for sure, exactly.
Speaker 2: And two it kind of makes people wonder, well, well, if I can make them forget their name, or if I can make them be stuck to a share, well, maybe I can help them get rid of that anxiety too, or maybe I can help them fly on a plane again because they're holding a fear. And that's kind of why I use that to get people to wonder, you know, it's it's fun.
Speaker 1: There's a piece of that too, where there's you know, I have a lot of fears, like you just mentioned anxiety and flying, you know, fear flying, Like I have all those just like yep, check the box, check the box. But you know when you do also the entertainment side, it's like there is fun and people miss out on having fun sometimes, Like there's so many Like I just recently was, you know, went on a honeymoon with my husband and we just got married, and I had I just had I was filled with like this. I have like this medical anxiety where I'm like I'm gonna get sick, something's gonna happen, I'm have to go to the hospital. And then we're you know, in a different country and there's I can't just go to the er, and so I just I just spiral into like having an anxiety about a medical anxiety that I can I'm going to just die and it's I don't I don't even know like what I've tried to, like been working this sound therapy, like trying to figure it out, but you know, it's it started to just kind of take over the amazing moments of my honeymoon. I'm like, why am I letting this steal like part of my trip? This is that all these thoughts and fears of like what ifs this is going to happen? Or like, oh god, I can't be too far away from the hotel because if I have an anxiety attack, then I'm gonna have to feel so embarrassed and then have the boat guy bring me to a hospital. Like I'm like stop, Like my mind just wouldn't stop thinking about it, and I'm like, why can't I just rest and joy? And so I love that you know you also like you found a way to like there is joy with people, but then also you know, have a place that you can help people too with everything else.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, it's it is. It's combining both and making it a really special experience just out of curiosity. On your hand, is your ring finger bigger than your first finger? Or is your first finger a little bit bigger than your ring finger?
Speaker 1: Is my am I left or right?
Speaker 2: Like either one?
Speaker 1: Is my ring finger bigger than my first finger?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So like if look at my hand, I'm love you can see it real clear, but you'll see how my ring finger is a little bit bigger than my first finger on your hands, is it the same or is your first finger a little bit bigger.
Speaker 1: My first finger is a little bit bigger.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought and the reason I asked you that question. For people that are prone to having a little more anxiety and a little more panic, they have a first finger that is just a little bit longer than the ring finger, Meaning you are own to blood sugar sensitivity, and that is one reason you are experiencing that adrenaline and that corusol which is feeding those thoughts when you're in those moments. So yeah, it is it. Really, it's something I can. I can share a few things with you that I could help you moving.
Speaker 1: No, please, let's go give me some more test. Okay, tell me more, because I feel like other people right now are listening or checking their hands, so if they're also in the same situation.
Speaker 2: Now, is that true in every single case? Of course, not sure. But as a general rule, I've noticed that people that are highly anxious or have a struggle with anxiety and panic, their first finger is a little bit longer. It's due to something that happens in the womb and your development and what happens is this. If you go long periods of time without eating, your blood sugar will drop. Your body will fire off adrenaline to raise your blood shirt. When that happens, your heart starts racing, you get sweaty. That is an anxiety attack, a panic attack in your mind, because your thoughts just start to race and not feel safe. The same thing is true. Let's say when you finally do eat, if you eat a very starchy meal high in sugars or things that turn in the sugar, your blood sugar will raise. Your body makes insulin to lower your blood sugar. Well, if you're not blood sugar sensitive, it returns to normal, but for those that are blood sugar sensitive it drops. And then here comes our friend, adrenaline. The body hates adrenaline unless you're exercising. It does not like it. So what has to happen is this one. Make that connection for anybody listening. Make that connection. If you are feeling particularly panicky one day more so than the next, well, when's the last time you eat? What did you eat, kind of what did you eat the night before? And make the connection between your blood sugar and the amount of anxiousness you're feeling. And now what happens when we travel. When we travel, generally we're in a rush. Generally we're not eating our solid meals, might be grabbing something that's junk food on the way to the airport. In the airport, there's a lot of stress well, our bodies creating stress hormones. We finally sit down on the plane to relax and the body has to process all those stress hormones and there you go. That's another panic attack. And it start to become anticipatory anxiety because now your subconscious mind, you know, it always has one job. The subconscious mind does one job, and one job only. It's to protect us. But it will try to protect us in a way where if you are, like I feel panic on an airplane, well maybe that first time that you got kind of air sick or felt panic, you were a low blood sugar state. The mind goes, well, we don't like flying, so I'm going to give you more anxiety to keep you off that plane so you don't have to feel that feeling. And it's kind of crazy making because it's trying to help you, but it's hurting you more in the way that it's trying to help you until we ship that pattern.
Speaker 1: Okay, So how do we and that's what we do with hypnosis, right.
Speaker 2: Correct, that is exactly what we do with hypnotherapy.
Speaker 1: Okay, then how do we do it? What do we do? How do we do it?
Speaker 2: Sure? Well? Two things. One, I mean I did a consultation with this. I work with clients all over the world, right and this is going to sound unbelievable, but I promise you this is true. She was on the phone and she had a cigarette in her hand, and she was kind of shaking. She's like, my whole life is panic and anxiety because every day I just feel panic. I'm like okay, and I'm like, all right, what time is it where you are? And it was about two thirty in the afternoon, and I said, what have you eaten today? And she goes, well, I have any today? So what have you had today? She said, I've had four cups of coffee and a pack of cigarettes. And I'm saying, all right, so you ate around eight o'clock last night, You've gone what sixteen hours without eating, You've had nothing but cigarettes and coffee, and you're asking me why you feel panicked? And now that's an extreme example right. But of course, if we take that back though, some people will go long periods of time without eating. For those that are listening that wake up in their sleep. Some people wake up in their sleep kind of either they feel like they're falling in a dream or they'll just kind of wake up kind of sweaty and panicky. Well that was an dress that was you have that?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, that's an andretde.
Speaker 2: That is an adrenaline spike that you are having in your sleep. So for you, we have to clean up your blood sugar. So do you go long periods of time without eating? Yeah, so number one, we have to change. That doesn't mean we have to put on weight, because obviously you're very conscious about taking care of yourself, but we have to kind of change our diet into having maybe smaller meals more often to stabilize your blood sugar. For some people, they cannot intermittent fast because intermittent fasting they get a blood sugar drop and they go into panic. For those that aren't blood sugar sensitive, you know, intermedt and fast and could be a great way to keep off weight. But if your blood sugar sensitive, it can be a mental sentence of just of panic and anxiety. So first we got to clean up your diet. We can't go along periods of time without eating. Okay, we need lean proteins, we need foods that don't spike your blood sugar. And this is actually I'm really glad we're talking about this. I love going right into this topic because most it irritates me that most physicians won't talk about this with their clients, especially in the psychiatry world. Now, of course they're needed and they're important. However, before you medicate, let's look at the Let's look at the diet. Let's look at the connection of bloodshirt, a long periods of time without eating, and then when we do eat, eating the wrong foods. So one is stabilizing your blood sugar, and then two is a couple things. One we don't always have to go back to the first time you had this experience. You know, there's a belief in therapy and even in hypnotherapy, you have to get to the root cause the very first time that is true. So what we do is a couple different approaches. One, we literally bring up that emotion and in that state of imagination when we're in hypnosis, when we're in that meditative state. What I'm going to say now sounds so simple, but in the meditative state it's really profound. We bring up that emotion that you feel and we literally connect with our subconscious mind and connect how is my mind using what's the positive intention behind that fear? How is it trying to serve me? And sometimes we ready know the answer.
Speaker 1: So that's where I'm like, I'm trying to think right now because I'm like, all right, because I know the negatives of all my thoughts, like why why I was so scared of like the medical anxiety or you know, because I'm like, oh, I don't want to be embarrassed, I'll look weak, you know, it's I'll ruin our trip and it's going to be all my fault, and like, yeah, so those are those are like all the things that we're underlying it probably why So yeah, I'm just like trying to follow with that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So you have some answers now, But in that state you get more clarity and you realize, wait a second, this is why it's running that pattern Because every negative habit has a positive intention underneath it, and when it comes to anxiety, usually it's always based around safety, and I don't want you to feel unsafe, so let's avoid anything that can feel unsafe. So we literally get behind that pattern, understand it, and through imagery and through this process and a few techniques, we create a new vision of yourself so you can travel anywhere feeling safe in your body. So here's a question on a scale of one to ten, ten being really unsafe, zero being fine, Like how unsafe do you feel in your physical body? Would you say, does your body feel like a safe place for you?
Speaker 1: My body does, my mind doesn't, okay, And.
Speaker 2: On a if you're going to rate it, are we talking like level eight, my mind doesn't feel safe, level ten, or like level flourish?
Speaker 1: I would say this is where it gets crazy. So like my mind says like eight, my body is, you know, I feel very safe, and then like my heart is, like I feel so safe, you know what I mean? Like I know I've got people that love me. My husband loves me, that you know. But it's like my mind is my worst enemy.
Speaker 2: Okay, or it can be your best friend when we shift it. So it's very common. Usually it's in your body, when everything starts in your everything's in our head, right, our thoughts are associations. So if you don't trust your thoughts, you're not going to trust the world around you. You know if you have that. So the first thing is within this session, we create a safe space in your thoughts where you can be in any situation and you know that your mind is a safe place, your body is a safe place, so the world is a safe place. And that's how we begin shifting this now for you. I mean we can we can play some games from games of imagination. I can see kind of how receptive you are, if if you are kind of the one instant or if you're more of a process of repetition to make the shift take place. But it always can take place, and it's just a matter of do I get it in the moment or do we get it over a process of repetition. And there's some other techniques that we use. One is called EFT tapping that is really good to release stress and anxiety. And I teach that as kind of a like a safety net or a what's what I'm looking for, like a life raft. So when you go out in the world, you know that no matter what comes up, you can instantly ground yourself by using EFT tapping, and so that's something I share a lot when I do this kind of work. After we do a kind of a session on it.
Speaker 1: So what can people with the subscription available, what can people get from the hYP no Vaults.
Speaker 2: Sure, so the hYP no Vaults I created because obviously, as you get more in demand, your time becomes there's a little bit of resource. You know, how much time we have. My voice gives out. I mean, I'm not a great singer, but I take voice lessons because my voice gives out after doing so much work. So I wanted to make the work that I do in the way that I do it available to everyone at any income level. And that's what the Hypnavault is. These aren't something that you just can go to YouTube and listen to a doubt like an MP three session. These are literally video hypno therapy sessions. I come on the screen, we talk about the topic, then the screen kind of blacks out, my voice changes, We put some music on and it's as if I'm guiding you one on one through the change. And I have I think at this point, maybe over two hundred sessions on different topics. They range with fifteen minutes to forty five minutes. I locked myself away for about a year and a half and all I did was record, edit, and upload sessions as I was launching the Vault. And I'm so glad that I did because now I put it out a new session in every month, because there's more than anybody can get through.
Speaker 1: But Glenn, that's amazing. You're helping so many people.
Speaker 2: I one of the great things that I love. And I know you get this with what you do and with what you share. You with your music and your gifts is pretty much every day of your life you get somebody saying, my gosh, I love this song, or I loved what you did. It helped me, it made me feel good, or I was not feeling good your song came on and I feel incredible now. And I get those emails and messages every day and anytime i'm kind of having I mean, we're all human, right, so we all have doubts. There's days I'm not one hundred percent, and it really shifts myself. If there's a challenge I'm not feeling good about, it's like, yeah, okay, you are making a difference in this world, and life is beautiful, you know, And I love it because I my subscription is very it's it's twenty nine ninety five a month, so it's successible to anyone.
Speaker 1: Is it an app or is it online both?
Speaker 2: It's the hypno Vault dot com. That's easier than remembering Glenn Raman dot com. But it's the hypno Vault dot com. And there is a free app as well, so you can take it with you when you travel, or you can log in on right on the website itself. But it's just it's a way I made this work available right now, without waiting a week for your next therapy appointment, without the expense of hiring me one on one, just to be able to really share this with They're everybody, and I absolutely love it. I also do for my online community. We have a WhatsApp group where if you're having a bad day you need connection, you just send a text. I have my team members are on there, and it's really nice for that. I do live group hypnotherapy sessions every month with everybody too, so I take questions and answers people share. I take a topic, we do a session on it, and it's a really special place because I there's not enough places in life where we can kind of connect in a positive, supportive place. I think we definitely the world needs more of those places, and that's what I get to do with this work. It makes me happy.
Speaker 1: How did you fall into hypnotherapy? Was it something in your past that you're like, okay, that's this helped you or.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, I in high school I took a class on meditation called the Silver Method way back when, and Jose Silva's obviously no no longer with us, but he was incredible in this area. And then as I kind of went through my life, I was a very successful sales manager for years, and I just knew that wasn't it for me. I was also a musician for years, never got to make a career out of it. But you know, two kids later, one divorce later, I'm kind of midlife and like what happened to my life? Like wait a second, I was meant to do more than this, and this is time to change. And in the back of my mind I always had you know, you should do something with what you learned years ago, and so I said, let's do it. I went to hypnotherapy school and a year later I hypnotized one YouTube star on her channel. I made her eat an onion. She thought it was a delicious sweet apple. That apple. That onion gave me this whole new career because after that, another YouTube star called me in another manner. People I still don't know these people to this day, or I wouldn't know how to get a hold of them, but they all got a hold of me. And then college just started calling me, we want the guy that hypnotized this person to come to our school, and then private parties and then parents were like, hey, you did this for my kids, can you help me with this? And all of a sudden, I had a whole new career. It was as if, and I'm sure you can relate to this, it kind of found me, you know, because I did a lot of pushing and struggling through my life and then all of a sudden, it just was like, oh, I guess this is what I'm supposed to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I love that so much. And I personally will be going on the hypnovault and subscribing because there's a few things that are coming up that I'm like already fearing about traveling so far solo, and so I just I'm like I need this because what I don't want. This is what I always say to people that listen, is like, don't let the fear steal the joy, you know, And that's kind of like, well, gas say that, but I'm not actually one hundred percent living that too, so I need to Yeah, I need to walk the walk with it as well.
Speaker 2: It's true we don't have to settle for what's always been, which is what many people do. I did it in my life in my career. I settled for what the way things were. You know, if you have an issue, somebody else has had that issue and they've overcome it. And the beautiful thing about the world we live in with you know, podcasts like this and people share their experiences so we can learn from others. And whether you use hypnotherapy with me or somebody else or somebody else's technique, we don't have to settle. We can learn and we can grow. And it's like the process of overcoming those challenges in your life and sharing with somebody else is really an empowering thing to do, and it's a beautiful thing to share and sometimes maybe just get over what you're dealing with so you can share it with somebody else. If that's your motivation. That's beautiful motivation too, right.
Speaker 1: Right, absolutely, no, I'm one hundred percent agree with you, so Glenn, thank you for coming on. Everyone, go subscribe and get on the hip no Vault. We'll see you on there. Thank you so much, Glenn. Absolutely, I appreciate you