Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on the stock Movers report the company's making moves at the close of US trading, with Carol Masser, Tim Stenoveck, Romain Bostik, and Katie Greyfell.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, let's go to some of the individual gainers. And I'm feeling kind of smart. All right, let's start with Deckers. Definitely an outperformer in today's session. In fact, it's the number one gainer in the S and P five hundred. Isn't it a wild considering me like all these big I don't know. It's just been a funny week, and I just find it interesting that Deckers is there nineteen percent to the upside, owner of UG and Hoka footwear brands. You guys know that raise its annual earnings and sales forecast, beating the average analyst estimate. Analysta out talking about the name noted strength and the retailers direct to consumer channels across the United States. Goldman Sachs against price target to ninety two from eighty one, maintaining though it's cell rating, which is kind of interesting. But this was definitely an outperformer, and this is the one I was nervous about sand disc Check this out. Guys, up twenty five percent and it's intra day high at one point down one point two percent, So quite a swing. And at the close here we're just up shy of seven percent. What a move. Kind of dramatic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we were talking about this on the clothes because we saw it kind of you know, was up twenty five percent, and why we were on the clothes it's you know, dipped into the red and we were just there was no news. It was just seems like it maybe it was just I don't know, maybe some profit taking, who knows.
Speaker 3: I don't know. You know. We we broke down the results right after the close. Second quarter revenue beat expectations, Raymond James upgrading the stock to outperform for market perform. I love all the analyst community, though, running to change their price targets, says Quehanna, raising it to one thousand from three hundred, Bernstein to one thousand from five to eighty, counter Fitzgerald to eight hundred from five fifty. Yeah, what's the stock doing you to date?
Speaker 1: Remain it's up And I should just also point out too, I was just taking a quick look here. I mean, this is not surprisingly the biggest most volatile swinging for that stock in its history, the biggest a one day point swing from peak to trough.
Speaker 3: How could it not be. I think it's up something like sixteen one hundred percent or something from its IPO back in February of twenty twenty five. So anyway, definitely caught our intention.
Speaker 1: Secondary offering, Thank you.
Speaker 3: All right, Secondary.
Speaker 4: Offering, there he is. There's the romain we know and love.
Speaker 3: We were so missing you.
Speaker 4: I was getting worried for.
Speaker 3: Rizon, your number two gainer in the S and P five hundred folks, let's go there, finishing up almost a twelve percent gain here, so near its best levels of the session. Holding out to those gains, company reported it's biggest gain and mobile phone subscriber since twenty nineteen. Plans to buy back as much as twenty five billion dollars in shares. Those buybacks planned over the next three years and include at least three billion in twenty twenty six. They've been working on a turnaround, and kind of the read off of all of this and this quarter is that the company's CEO that turnaround efforts are starting to bear fruit, so definitely a opperformer. All right, Tim, all yours.
Speaker 4: Okay, I actually was going to do Apple today. It was down as much as two point four percent post earnings, and then up as much as one point four percent, but it finished in the green. So honorable mention as a gainer for Apple. Yeah, that was for you, Carol.
Speaker 3: That's okay, so much, thank you for that.
Speaker 4: You're welcome. Rocket Companies down thirteen point seven percent today. Mortgage company stocks tumbled today. This after Pennymac Financial Services reported profits were significantly below Wall Street expectations. We saw other mortgage lenders, including Rocket Companies fall. UWM Holdings Corporation also fell. The company shares declined. This is, I should say, Pennymac Financial Services as much as thirty eight percent earlier in the session. Finally, let's look at a couple software and video game companies together. Already software take two interactive. Yeah, this is crazy, this is really crazy. Gaming stocks just took a hit today. This after Google's that it began rolling out Project Genie to Google AI Ultra subscribers. The prototype web app allows users to create an interact with a navigable world. Look at this Unity losing almost a quarter of its market cap in a single day as a result of this product announcement from Google. Take to Interactive down eight percent. I guess this is is this like AI hitting this industry? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought the reaction was, I mean, Unity has some other issues too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they've had issues for year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I agree with you, this seemed like a bit of an overaction, particularly given that you know, we don't actually know exactly how far how much an engagement Google's going to drive with us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and these companies have tried to come out with video games in the past and it hasn't totally worked, like Apple Arcade for example. And finally, shares of Bombardier. These ADRs took a hit today, down six point six percent. This after President Trump threatened to slap a fifty percent tariff on aircraft from Canada to and decertify all new planes that are made there. Bombardier is the Canadian aerospace company. In twenty two twenty four, it got sixty four percent of its revenue from the US. Analysts, though say that the threat could be noised, they doubt the tariffs and decertification threats will be in force, but the worrying headline could make investors where a ADRs fell six point six percent.
Speaker 2: This Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.