Speaker 1: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.
Speaker 2: The twenty twenty three schedule release podcast presented by seat Geek, the official primary ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders. I'm Logan Paulson here with London Fletcher and Fred Smoot and we're gonna talk about the schedule.
Speaker 3: Guys. Glad to have you here. Hey.
Speaker 4: I always good to see you, brother. I just saw you the other thing. It's good to see you again.
Speaker 3: See he's always coming off.
Speaker 4: I'm not good to see I see you every day.
Speaker 5: Man. It's good to see.
Speaker 4: You, London man. That's why he got a two pay and we don't. It works like that, right, all right, So.
Speaker 2: Let's start off with week one. The Commanders have the Arizona Cardinals at home. You guys think of that, says the opening game of the season.
Speaker 4: McCoy, y'all forget in effect that Kyler Murray is hurt, not only to get that.
Speaker 6: Come on, yeah, you died.
Speaker 4: I can look at y'all face y'all like Coyler Murray Cole McCoy, it's going to be the guy that they're going to play that day.
Speaker 6: I think it's a game they should edge out and they should.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, they definitely definitely should win that game. It's a great opportunity to start the season off right at home. You mentioned Kyler Murray being out. We don't even know if DeAndre Hopkins gonna be on that on that team that by the time that game rolls around. So when you look at that, I was excited, you see, because that's the first thing when the schedule comes out. Guys, we all know. First thing we want to know who do we open the season against? And where's that game at yea, so we know it's gonna be at home, and we got a game winnable game against Arizona.
Speaker 3: Cause is at home or on the road?
Speaker 6: Home? Home? Home? You want to be at home.
Speaker 5: No that the the start of the NFL season is special and it's more fashion when you're doing in that hall. Almost definite, when your crowd, you get the the everything the hoop lied and everything that's involved with the opening of the season and the fact that you're doing in front of your home fans.
Speaker 6: Oh, it changed everything.
Speaker 4: You want that the energy coming into the season, and I can only imagine.
Speaker 6: How fedix feel.
Speaker 4: It's going to be rocking that first game and you want to take that first opponent out of the game as quick as you can in the in the fans help you do that. And like I said, we're playing a backup quarterback. We don't know if they're gonna have Boodle Baker who requested a trade. We don't know if they're gonna have Hopskins who re christing the trade.
Speaker 6: Can we say right now?
Speaker 4: Can we say right now that Arizona is in the rebuilding process? So right we the perfect team to start the season off with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jonathan gotten the new head coach from Philly, defensive minded guy. A lot of pieces missing on that roster. So I think that we all can say it feels like a good, good opening game, probably a win for them, right Yeah, feel good about that. The next game is at the Denver Broncos. That's a tough trip here. What do you gotta think of that?
Speaker 5: I like it, But one thing going out to Denver, Oh, yes's extremely difficult. Man, that mind high in the altitude, yeah, and being tired. It wasn't It's not the altitude like as far as getting tired, getted yeah, yeah, yeah, my father's drive. Yeah. So you gotta make sure you have enough hydration. That's gonna be the key. I wonder if that's gonna be denverse opening game of the season.
Speaker 6: Though they homegame.
Speaker 5: Open at home game.
Speaker 6: But it's also a great test.
Speaker 4: It's a great opening test because they have a quarterback, they have legit wide receivers. They got Sean Payton as a quarter I mean as a coach, they have a legit defense. That will be a game where you test yourself and don't forget. I know everybody trying to forget about Russell Wilson. But with Sean Payton, Russell will returned back to form.
Speaker 3: A hundred be better. I know it'll be better. I don't think he'll be because he looked, he looked.
Speaker 5: Some of the things you hear about Russell, And I talked to some some folks that were an im about a Denverer. But just like one thing you want your quarterback to be is what of your guys.
Speaker 6: He's not a guy. He's a company man, a company man.
Speaker 5: He was putting himself above he was the other guy. He was and I'm not talking dinner. I'm talking. I'm talking Seattle.
Speaker 6: Oh no, no, that's where everything started at.
Speaker 4: But come on, if you're a pretty boy, quarterback, curly hair, married to Sierra, when you feel a little better than most of your team, come on, man, let's not let's not throw in and hate. But but Russ has never been that guy's guy like, He's always been kind of nerdoush, kind of to himself, kind of their family man. So at the end of the day, I don't mark a person. This is like Jason Campbell. We knew who Jason was. Jason was very low.
Speaker 5: Don't you talk about Lionel Richie.
Speaker 4: You know, hey, listen, you know how I feel about my guy. I loved it until he woe those heck saw. Jim Duggan draws that he wokee to Tampa.
Speaker 3: Bay and through everything about that man's underwear right.
Speaker 6: Now, yeah we did. He left them in town man.
Speaker 3: Geez Okay.
Speaker 2: So Denver feels like it's really predicated on how Russell Wilson progresses under Sean Payton feels like it's like a very winnable game like that.
Speaker 3: It's early. Next one is tough Man.
Speaker 2: Buffalo Bill's at home what do you guys think, London extend that's my next.
Speaker 6: Team, and.
Speaker 5: Think we put I think we put the league on notice. Buffalo I played their great organization. Sean McDermot has has that team player at a high level, but at some point during the end of the year, it was like missing something. They didn't add the two relying on throwing the football. They didn't add a running back to the to their team. In terms of being a draft, I just don't think Buffalo will be as good as they were a year ago.
Speaker 6: Can they win the NF I mean the AFC.
Speaker 4: North with AFC e's with with the Jets over there and and the Dolphins over there, So with a hard division. I think that's gonna be a test too with Buffalo. Like we played two back to bed quarterbacks. I think one trying to get back to where he was and one trying to take it to the next level.
Speaker 3: Well, I also think we think we win.
Speaker 2: I think with Josh Allen, the thing that sticks out to me about him in his season like they just are putting so much on his plate. So can they kind of self scout and say, hey, we need to kind of diversify run the football little bit.
Speaker 5: But they didn't do that.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. But you know, Dave all left right, we'll see in the building. Can that new OC mature and understand how to maximize Allan and I don't think.
Speaker 5: I don't see their draft picks and then what they added in a free agent free agency would have said what they wanted to do. Sure, they didn't really add a top flight running back to this mix.
Speaker 6: There's the last couple of tight ends the draft.
Speaker 5: Their first round pick was a tight end. Yep, who's he's a pass catcher?
Speaker 6: Yes, they got knocks there too. They still got a legit tight end.
Speaker 2: There is that guy, big slot receiver.
Speaker 3: Catch a lot of balls? They did. They did grab draft to guard o Cyrus Torrents in the second round.
Speaker 6: I didn't like Osias Torrens. I thought he had hit fee.
Speaker 2: I think that speaks to flushto because he is a better pass protector than a run blocker. And like they want to throw the football right, so get a good pass protecting garden. They're help Allen out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Buffalo is a three. Let's not act like series. We're gonna lose a game out of these first three. I would have to say that most definitely might be buffer.
Speaker 2: So I mean you mentioned first three, I mean first four games here Philadelphia Eagles, uh at Philly. That seems like a very tough one week for the season.
Speaker 3: Smooth.
Speaker 2: What do you guys think about that? I mean, that's that's the class of the division. Obviously super Bowl.
Speaker 6: Last time he was in Philadelphia, we ain't fried Chicken.
Speaker 3: I know, But do you think I think they're gonna be ready for that.
Speaker 6: They are gonna be ready, and they did. We we were fried Chicken, fried Eagle.
Speaker 4: So at the end of the day, no, I think they're I think they're gonna be more youthful. But when you take away a lot of guys, Hargrave, a lot of guys that they took away, He's gonna take them a minute to get on their page. Nikobe Dean gonna be their staring linebacker.
Speaker 3: He did.
Speaker 6: He got drafted last year, Joydan Davis got drafted last year. He'll be coming up. Jalen Cardon. So they got dudes.
Speaker 4: They got still got Fletcher Cox, they still got Darius Slay, still got a both of they dudes. I just think on defense this our office gonna have to catch them off going.
Speaker 5: Not wondering what what Philly's offense is gonna look like under a new offensive coordinator with Shane Styk and him not being the head coach and Indy you know, what's that? I know Nick Siriano, he's offensive guy. He'll probably play a major role in the in the in the play calling, things like that. But what's that? What is that offense gonna look like under under the new OC? Going into Philly, beating them again in Philly, after that everything, after that Monday night game, the way we ran that ball down.
Speaker 6: We won't do that. We won't beat them that way again.
Speaker 5: The Hogs would have been had to be proud of that.
Speaker 6: They were smiling.
Speaker 4: Even Chris Samius was smiling hill Way with one hundred and thirty pounds, but he was even smiling.
Speaker 5: Hey, he used to be that big pro Little.
Speaker 6: Used to be a rapper. Now he just seen the blue.
Speaker 3: It's just a Losster. What are we doing here?
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go with the loss, I think smoothly towards We.
Speaker 6: Listened to London already.
Speaker 3: What are you saying?
Speaker 6: I said, hello, I feel like.
Speaker 4: We're gonna give them, but I feel like we're gonna beat them at home this year, so I gotta give him that game.
Speaker 3: Okay. So, and you have lost the Buffalo too, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm going five hundred in the first month.
Speaker 5: Five hundred and the first four I gave us three and one.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, where you go.
Speaker 3: I'm leaning more towards Fred on that one.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 5: I see, I thought you try to be educated.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm trying to be football.
Speaker 6: That's what I.
Speaker 3: Educated.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 2: So Week five, we got the Chicago Bears at home FedEx.
Speaker 5: Field Thursday night. This reminds me of last year we played.
Speaker 4: The worst threw up in my mouth.
Speaker 5: We played up Thursday night football in Chicago and Julia Brad We're talking before the game and I tell them, I say, I feel like it's gonna be an offensive explosions.
Speaker 6: Gonna go off with three.
Speaker 5: The halftop, like where are the fireworks?
Speaker 4: They got better though the Bears got a ton they got they got better.
Speaker 6: I think we can win this game.
Speaker 4: Not while we're there, Logan, you can get Wald to Payton Becky's Kangaroos shoes a terrible sho game is terrible. But I think they're going to be a challenge. I think we win a game. I think we leave Soldier.
Speaker 6: Field with a big games. Here is here that makes it even better.
Speaker 5: We're all in that game.
Speaker 3: Only there. I'd say, does Justin Field's progressives a passer?
Speaker 6: This he does?
Speaker 2: And this is a game that I wish it was a little bit later in the year because I think Field is gonna get banged up.
Speaker 5: Like that, because if he's going to progress, it's gonna be a slow progression earlier in the year. And they got they drafted a rookie, that that dog, they drafted that tight end, I mean that tackle out of Tennessee.
Speaker 4: No, no, right, no, I mean how done right.
Speaker 3: Everyone's been high on Darnell right, he's said.
Speaker 6: He was gonna go hide in the draft, but what did he go?
Speaker 5: Number teen probably had him going in the second him going in and Logan, I remember having this conversation with you. You didn't think you he liked because you did not feel like he was worth being drafted in the first round.
Speaker 6: He did you right?
Speaker 2: You stopped that? No, sorry, because that was early in the process, and I thought, let me speak on we go all right. I thought dB was going to be the value at sixteen. They went dB I thought, I thought Darnell right at the time was gonna be available in the second round. I did, But you know, Matthew Bergern, Dwan Jones, those types of guys, so I thought to me, cheer them up. We'll talk about that more detail later. Let's talk about the Atlanta Falcons. Got to move on. Man, I hate Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Foul Well, they drafted Matthew Bergern.
Speaker 6: So yeah, no, I hate Atlanta. Fact that my wife favorite team.
Speaker 4: She held me that when we got divorced, by the way, on a Falcon's faith, Oh by the way, I'll see.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: So okay Atlanta Falcons. I think they're a team that's kind of on the rise. You know, they have a very strong identity. I think defensively they're a little up and down. Obviously they're not overly talented. Try to address that this offseason. What do you guys think about.
Speaker 6: How do you feel about the Big three?
Speaker 4: How do you feel about Kyle Pitts, who I think is one of the most talented tight ends in the league. They got Drake London, they wide receiver, a big, tall, six five wide receiver.
Speaker 6: And now they got b John Robinson at the running back it's.
Speaker 5: Don't get them.
Speaker 3: Really, you believe in riddle futsh just not obviously.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I believe in real just doing a question I believe in Really.
Speaker 4: I think I think he's good enough not to lose the game. And I think he's a step better than Marcus Mariota.
Speaker 5: That's what I said about the about the Falcons coach by our guy lot Man. The Falcons they can run that ball they added to their strap. There's no best money. They make no mistake what their ideentity is. We're gonna run the football. We're gonna run it down your throat them two backs they got out of since they just added B John Robinson. But it's soldly right. But B John Rodgers and that was that offensive line had success against our d line last year.
Speaker 6: I offen D line and they added the offensive line.
Speaker 3: Yea. The right tackles the first round pick. There, they're right guards the first round pick.
Speaker 2: The center is the second round pick, the left guards the second round pick, and the left tackle is Matthew Jake Matthews is the first round pick. So they have invested heavily in that group. I think it's going to be a tough match. This is one of the games that kind of ripples through the rest of the season. How banged up do you get after this game?
Speaker 3: Can you stay?
Speaker 6: This is a pick them?
Speaker 4: This is the game right here that would be won by a turnover for a touchdown. Team either a special teams play something odd is going to win this game.
Speaker 5: I think we lose that game.
Speaker 3: You think we lose that game.
Speaker 2: I also think there might be a little bit of regression in the run game because they don't have the rushing ability of Marcus Mariotto.
Speaker 5: You got damn Desmond Ritter, but they.
Speaker 3: Didn't use him that way when he was playing.
Speaker 6: I can say he's a guy when he comes to running.
Speaker 3: All right, So lost win for you? Fred? What we got?
Speaker 6: He hate the Falcons, so yeah it's win. Okay, all right, I'm praying for a victory.
Speaker 2: Enough, right so that gets us the Week seven, we got the New York Giants first time of the year up at med Life. Yeap, So what do you guys think about this one tough matchup for.
Speaker 5: The WAT match up? You know, the the Giants were a lot better football team than I thought they would. I think defensively they started to uh really jail under Mardell. I think that I think the Giants gonna win that game. It's gonna be a tough one.
Speaker 6: First of all, we ain't beat the Giants in so long.
Speaker 4: Like, let's be honest, Daniel Jones, if he played US seventeen games a year, would be the Hall of Famer.
Speaker 6: He had something that clicks.
Speaker 4: He's comfortable here, He's comfortable playing against id line, He's comfortable doing these things. I don't I don't know if the Giants take a step back, because when I look at a lot of their victories last year, they.
Speaker 6: Could have been losses. They could have EASi been losses.
Speaker 4: So out of all the teams in the NFC East for me to gauge, it's the hardest team for me to gates.
Speaker 6: And don't forget Saquon still holding out right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's on the tag though. I think they also did a good job of bringing back some pieces. They drafted banks in the first round like they did they.
Speaker 5: Traded for Darren Waller. Yeah, yeah, I think that's Week seven we played, the Giants gonna be on that football field. He's notice sitting out the whole year.
Speaker 6: The running backs they getting moody. They ain't getting paid.
Speaker 3: Well, Bell did that right today? Not great? Not great? Not great? So what do we got? Win? Loss?
Speaker 5: I go to them, I got with.
Speaker 3: The loss, all right, and then we gave Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: That's the second time we played Philadelphia in the first eight games at home.
Speaker 3: This time, same kind of analysis before. Do we win this one? How does it go on?
Speaker 6: Same analysis for me?
Speaker 4: But I told you we would lose them at home and we'll beat them at our home. So I'm saying this is the game and we split with them because I do feel and I ain't gonna run from this. We split with every team in the NFC East is one in one all three, I think, because I think the NFC East is we an inch apart from each other.
Speaker 5: It's not.
Speaker 6: It's not a lot of separation from us.
Speaker 4: Nobody has what I call a top five quarterback in the NFL in the division, but we do have top five units.
Speaker 6: I think Jalen.
Speaker 4: Hurts is the best quarterback in here, and he's the top tier quarterback.
Speaker 5: He played at the top five level last year. Can't he do it?
Speaker 3: That's a good point.
Speaker 5: I think the Eagles. I think we win that game here at home. It's gonna be week a different animal. I don't expect our fans to allow those Eagles to come in Eagles fans to come in here and take over our stadium like they did a year go.
Speaker 6: Some days over, yeah, some days over. Giant is woke again.
Speaker 2: I need to point this out. I think in this stretch we kind of started a tough stretch for the team. We got the Atlanta Falcons, New York Giants, we've talked about Philadelphia Eagles. Then we go to Foxborough, New England for Week nine. It's it's kind of it's it's a rocky road here. Some good defenses, some tough, runt shig attacks, and obviously some big division rivals.
Speaker 3: What do you think about the Patriots?
Speaker 5: That's gonna be a we gonna have to see the creativity and the greatness see from Eric ban I mean, what's his creativity like from a play caller? Because you think they got that mastermind over there, Bill Belichick. Although he's not the defensive coordinator, dark Vader, he runs everything. What kind of scheme is he gonna have?
Speaker 4: I just think I just think these days New England is not who we we see New England through certain vises that they still the Juggernaut. They are not Juggers. Defensively, I think they're good, they're not great.
Speaker 6: Like when I said New England defenses, y'all.
Speaker 4: Could call out five people Tyaw Richard Seymour like they don't have those guys anymore, thank you. And now the offense by Matt Jones, I don't believe in that.
Speaker 2: Bili Bryan's back. They actually have a real offensive coordinator. Matt Patricia, who is a defensive coach calling offensive players is out. So I think that could be lead to a better product from.
Speaker 4: It'll be a much better physically player for player, just a better football team than New England.
Speaker 5: The problem is that I played in that stadium multiple times when I was in in Buffalo playing in the s C East. It's extremely I know they had Tom Brady. I'm not even talking about that aspect of it. I'm just talking about playing in that stadium. Those fans. Those fans are rabbit. They they love the Patriots. It's gonna be a difficult, difficult place to play.
Speaker 6: I think we just got better play. I think every group has better.
Speaker 4: What they did to us bring up this stuff give me CT now, I'm gonna tell you like this, don't forget in one. When I first got here, we was the last team to humiliate New England. They went on the run me and Champ and we beat them to death. So they can be beat And I think this team don't look at New England like that.
Speaker 6: I think this team is gonna go push them around.
Speaker 2: I think is just like a really well coach football team, and they always wear coach and that's the thing that makes them tough. And also thinking interesting storyline here, Christian Zales drafted by right, So we'll get to.
Speaker 3: See Forbes and Christian Zales overrated.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, we'll find out Christians out over We picked the right gun.
Speaker 3: No, I agree with you, you know I agree with you, but I'm saying we'll get to see it a lot.
Speaker 5: I trust moved on Corners.
Speaker 3: Yeah you should.
Speaker 5: If he says it, I believe he's gotta.
Speaker 3: Trust smooth on a lot of stuff. Right.
Speaker 5: Hey, that relationship advice.
Speaker 3: Here you go.
Speaker 4: Hey, you need your cancel that have been and went through some pain. Like if I'm going to a drug canceling, he needs to be in dad drugs before.
Speaker 5: You're covering that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I need somebody that know the Dorks. It has been our roses. Want somebody to tell me how to get out of this hole?
Speaker 2: All right, Well, speaking again, now, we're going to Seattle for week ten. Okay, that's a tough road trip, very far, very difficult environment to play in. I think they're kind of on the uptick. A team that was in a rebuilding. It was in a rebuild last off season. All of a sudden, looks like they're pretty good. Tyreek willing on the back end, almost one rookie of the year, two young offensive I've been playing.
Speaker 6: Well, Enigma.
Speaker 3: They just got it draft and.
Speaker 7: They have.
Speaker 6: How you running round? Hey, listen to me.
Speaker 4: Gino Smith is at to prove people that he's a legit starter in this league.
Speaker 3: You think he regresses this year, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think he's too hungry. He's been there before. You know how I feel not to have a job. You haven't seen him balling out in our season. You haven't seen him showing itself all over TV. You haven't seen him doing nothing but what they do Seattle. That's gonna that's always a competition for us, Like we always end up playing Seattle during the year, and it's always a burn Burn. Can they beat him? Yes, I don't know if we go over there and beat them, we're.
Speaker 5: Doing and the way that we go out there and do it, it's not by going out there and think we're gonna throw the football all over the yard. It's by a lot of shortenings. Brian Robinson Jr. Chris Rodriguez, you know, short game. Just pound them, Antonio Gibson. It's gonna be a game where you going there and established and not just happened to run. You need to run. For about one eighty they were giving up one hundred and fifty on the ground.
Speaker 3: That was the weekly worst run defense the NFL.
Speaker 6: But didn't they They had Graves, hard Graves.
Speaker 5: They brought one guy. They got one guy. I can't think of his name right now, but they needed three guys. Yeah, you're still too short.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Weatherspoon's also up there at the other corner. So really going to be tough to throw the football against that back end. Also a fun fact, Washington is one of the last three trips of Seattle. Did not expect to see that.
Speaker 6: Got that on our little We match up well against it. No matter who they got.
Speaker 3: All right, we love them. We got the New York Giants. What do you guys think.
Speaker 5: We went that one? It's home. That's split.
Speaker 6: That's much split. Like I'm with the NFC.
Speaker 5: We already talked enough about the Giants. Let's move on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's move on.
Speaker 6: Thanksgiving Day, back Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: I'm just happy to be back playing on things given they used to belong to us.
Speaker 6: So I'm just happy to be playing on that day now.
Speaker 4: I'm happy I ain't playing physicals, but happy to be watching a game on Thanksgiving versus the Cowboys and did I And that's it?
Speaker 2: Dallas, right, Dallas at Dallas And I think that's the first time we're seeing Dallas. Uh this season, the twenty twenty three season. What do you guys think of a damn what they've done this offseason? Drive Fixed. I think they've done a nice job on the defense.
Speaker 6: And I'm afraid of them keeping.
Speaker 3: Michael Parsons moving edge full time.
Speaker 6: I like that though. I think that works out better you think so.
Speaker 3: I don't think.
Speaker 4: Edge is one side of the field, and I could double team him at the end when he liked flowing. Yeah yeah, when he's free flowing, it's so hard to figure out where's he gonna be it.
Speaker 2: They bring in Massie Smith, probably the best run stopping defensive tackle.
Speaker 6: The drive they lost on that window. What do they wanted? A man with fools?
Speaker 4: They picked Mosie Smith with the like six pick that they wanted inside scooping.
Speaker 6: Listen, I do I do my homework now.
Speaker 4: Actually, actually Jerry Jones came out and said it can't.
Speaker 3: You know, hitch on the sidekicks.
Speaker 5: It's said when I look at you, look at what did what the Dallas Cowboys did. I like the trade for Stepan Gilmore. They needed a number in the corner. He's still he still can go.
Speaker 6: Out and be your number one.
Speaker 5: Be it. Well not Brandon Cook, I'm talking about you talk about Sean play at the number one. He can, he can play at a high level. That that Dallas defense is really good, really good. Officily, I think Dallas takes a step back. No Ezekiel Elliott, Tony hurting that offense. I think he was hurting with Tony Pollard is injured. Yeah, they didn't the running backs they've added like yeah, no, no, no Doubtt tight end?
Speaker 6: Who did they?
Speaker 2: They drafted shootingmaker from Michigan in the second round. Maybe a little bit of a reach. And they brought in Jones from Tampa Bay last year, the former second round pick out.
Speaker 5: Of US even on his third team, thank you.
Speaker 2: So they have done some cycling. I think defense has gotten a lot.
Speaker 5: Better for don't think the offensive offense has.
Speaker 3: Gotta say the same.
Speaker 2: And I do think if any quarterback in the division, Dak Prescott needs pieces around him to be good.
Speaker 6: No, he hasn't.
Speaker 3: It's immaculate.
Speaker 5: Dallas's offensive line is as good as we've being They're not as good as we we think they are.
Speaker 3: I totally agree with that. So win lost Thanksgiving?
Speaker 5: What do you think I'm still with that being said, I'm still thinking. I still think Dallas wins that that game, and I think I.
Speaker 6: Think I get a victory with my fried turkey.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, we'll split on that, all right. So then we got a couple of days off, ten days off for the next game. We got the Miami Dolphins at home at FedEx and that is a track team down there.
Speaker 7: My guy, like, we got a Conner back. They running four three to man to but from Illinois, very supposed to be. Do you think our defensive line can dominate tool? Because this way the real battle.
Speaker 2: To me, their offensive line in Miami's struggled sense too has gotten there obviously, So I definitely think that here's.
Speaker 5: Here's here's what scares me about Miami's offense is the offensive scheme.
Speaker 3: Yes, we saw how.
Speaker 5: Much trouble we had with Kyle Shadow and that that.
Speaker 6: Scheme linebackers to him.
Speaker 4: This when you need your linebackers to come to play dead game.
Speaker 5: Because run deep, deep, crossing ross too.
Speaker 4: Here go like, do they gonna have time? Do they feel like they gonna have time to get to them?
Speaker 2: I will say this about that offense down there, they did an excellent job of getting fast receivers deep into the defense quickly.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: They also do a ton of play action, which usually the gates pass rush. They do a lot of RPO. They do a good job insulating a subpar offensive line. Can we handle the speed because they also drafted a chain the guy from An and M who ran a ten one, one hundred and the fastest forty for the running backs of the combine. Right, they've got Moster again, another ten one guy.
Speaker 6: They have a track team.
Speaker 5: If if we're playing against them, we're gonna have to eliminate the explosive plays, force them to kick field goals, and we win that game, don't You cannot give up.
Speaker 3: The Also that defense on there is sneak he good.
Speaker 4: Sneaking good, and it's then a game where physicality outweighs speed speed.
Speaker 2: Hopefully hopefully that FedEx crash Man. So those people down a little bit, maybe it rains a little so so maybe what do you guys when lost?
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 5: I'm going with a win? Okay, what do you get it done? We get it done?
Speaker 3: You got something from lost?
Speaker 6: Well, we can't beat everybody. We eighteen and I gave.
Speaker 5: I had a loss against Dallas, and.
Speaker 6: I think we beat team lost.
Speaker 4: My two teams that we beat in the nf I mean the a f C East, the New England Patriots.
Speaker 3: That's what do you got?
Speaker 6: Were not? I'm just saying that the Jets or the Dolphins legits.
Speaker 3: We beat the Jets, not the Dolphins. I think the Dolphins are worse than the Justice here.
Speaker 4: I don't, I think because I think that the Dophins got something the Jets don't got, and that's cohesion.
Speaker 6: If they've been together for a second, well, the Jets, you just.
Speaker 4: Plugged and play and I don't think Aaron Rodgers is the mercenary that Matthew Stafford was. And Tom Brady like, we can go win a championship in one year. I don't know if he did mercenary.
Speaker 2: All right, I got you, So you got a sidetrack there, But we got to buy We fourteen late bye. Not that bad though, because we got two Thursday night games earlier in the year.
Speaker 3: What do you think is that going to be a big deal?
Speaker 4: Not really keep giving us these lake bydes and we got the fifth hardest schedule eighthar I thought it was the field.
Speaker 6: It feels like the field.
Speaker 3: I'll give you a feeling.
Speaker 4: So all I'm saying is I would love for this to be in two weeks earlier, three weeks earlier.
Speaker 5: But we do have the Thursday night games week four, and then we have got We'll probably appreciate it when it has when it happens now, especially with the last five games.
Speaker 2: So we got to buy going in the week fifteen, We're going to La playing the Rams, right, Rams rebuild.
Speaker 3: I don't know if there's a lot to say here, kind of.
Speaker 6: We're gonna beat them.
Speaker 3: It feels like it. Yeah, yeah, Stafford elbow ten and night.
Speaker 6: Every schedule has like fourteen that you.
Speaker 4: Look at the schedule be like, oh, we got them, right, we got them, But well, we don't know the injury report at this time. We're looking at week fifteen. We don't know their injury report and they don't know.
Speaker 5: Our well, well, the injury report will be predicated on the record of the team, especially with a team like the Rams. If you out there and you lose and you know you're not going anywhere, yeah, some of them guys may tap out and I'll be playing later on in the years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a great point. So win in LA.
Speaker 2: Then we're going to when we got the New York Jets up at MetLife again, So a lot of trips up there to New York this year.
Speaker 5: That's that's gonna be. You say, Aaron Rodgers's not immursed. They smooth. Think about this. You and I we played. You know what it feels like when somebody gives up on you. I truly that year you're gonna be so motivated.
Speaker 4: But guess what me and you didn't do London. We can go on a darkness retreat for two weeks. We didn't go taking Hay.
Speaker 6: Shoots and eating mushroom. We just got it together and said, you know what she left me.
Speaker 4: She divorced me. Open to go mayor or somebody else. That's what we did.
Speaker 5: I did. I get that this guy, this is this is a new age man, this modern NFL modern you know, treatments and all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 6: Listen, we had an organist retreat next week.
Speaker 5: Have you ever?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Wow, Well, the darkness retreat is good analysis, Fred. Thanks. I think.
Speaker 2: Also let's talk about the defensive personnel. One of the best defensive young defenses in the NFL. Right, got some interesting skip players on offense there for the Jets. Can that offense maximize them with Aaron Rodgers at the helm?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think Wilson, Garrett Wilson is the truth on the outside.
Speaker 6: I think that when they get.
Speaker 4: A relationship going, I don't want to say what Breese is gonna be coming off of the A c L. They're saying too much. But taking plug and play a running back. I'm more infactuated with the offensive line. And they went back to back years drafting top five Michale Becked and he's supposed to have been lost seventy pounds right now, so he's supposed to be like three to twenty, yeah, because he.
Speaker 6: Was three ninety even three ninety.
Speaker 4: So they got two first round as a tackle that they're gonna figure out.
Speaker 6: Are they gonna read them up? Are they gonna sign them? Are they good enough for them?
Speaker 5: You know that back the loves football?
Speaker 3: Man, that is a big question.
Speaker 5: I just questioned whether he loves football, But I just.
Speaker 2: I think the frest of loves it if he's healthy. Elijah Arry Tucker first round pick.
Speaker 4: They got three first rounders on that line with all other telling don't forget Soauths guard and on one of the best coners on defense, Quinn Williams, I mean Williams the d tackle. They got players everywhere, but do we know who they are?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well McDonald the fourth in the first round this year. Ever awesome players.
Speaker 5: There gonna be just gonna be legit, man.
Speaker 3: But I really think it depends on the psychology. Aaron Rodgers, like Gus we're talking.
Speaker 5: Is locked in. He is locked in.
Speaker 6: He's a devil. I ain't really to say that.
Speaker 5: And Deve, I mean most of them are like that that most of them quarterback. He's he was in a place for eighteen years, they didn't draft the first round receiver for him, and at no point in time they drafted quarterback.
Speaker 4: He's just ain't gonna get because I watched Tom Brady throw it to you know what I'm saying his career.
Speaker 5: What I'm saying is when they struggled on offense and they still wouldn't draft a wide receiver for him, he was pissed off. And he can tell you when you saw that press conference, he had need to take the slamsch.
Speaker 6: But he can't be moody like that in New York. They will chew him up.
Speaker 5: His relationship was totally different because he had been there for so long and he I'm the MVP, and y'all won't give me what I need to be even better. I'm tired of y'all. I'm done with y'all. You He was going to work surly. Probably bad move, bad person to be around.
Speaker 6: So he's refreshed. They couldn't get it.
Speaker 5: They have a receiver get opened against him, and they kept dropping balls.
Speaker 3: Also, didn't you didn't help anybody out.
Speaker 2: So I think obviously I think we canna agree that whereon Rodgers is at for that week sixteen matchup is gonna predicate.
Speaker 3: Wins, gonna be out stand right, are gonna win that game?
Speaker 6: We're gonna win that game.
Speaker 5: No, I think the just win.
Speaker 2: Because Fletch is high on Aaron Rodgers. Right, let's get the week Week seventeen.
Speaker 6: I think, hey, suss.
Speaker 3: Week seventeen, San Francisco forty nine Ers, that's gonna be talking.
Speaker 4: At one time, we got to punch the bully in the damn I at one point we gotta look a him in his eyes say you ain't taking my lunch money today. And us in the forty nine Ers has been going back and forth ever since they got Trent, no, before they got Trent. So this is a Deebo Samuels Trent Williams versus our defense slug fish, and I'm gonna give our guys to age. We gonna beat them. Guys had it with the forty nine.
Speaker 3: Don't forget about that defense, number one ranked defense.
Speaker 6: We don't care about their defense.
Speaker 3: In our offense score points. So it's the question.
Speaker 6: I believe in the Young air Wolf. I believe in Sam Half.
Speaker 3: I believe you're giving them a win.
Speaker 5: I'm giving them giving them a w I believe of a team whooping you that number one defense they had Hose and Taylor Hendikey actually played pretty good against and I know we on the podcast a couple of different protection schemes, and I think, yeah, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna run the bust over anybody. But Logan, do you agree that Taylor Honecke made some plays against that defense last year?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: I would agree, But I would also say that they came with a game plan that was against the number one rushing rank defense that was like, we're gonna run the ball a ton, and they just didn't manage the game effectively.
Speaker 5: Man, you want to go line fourth and well, you can't get in the end zone.
Speaker 6: Y'all would grown me if y'all do all that crying. What the baby going? I'm going with.
Speaker 4: San Francisco, No love Love.
Speaker 8: He got a no I mean, I'm going with, Yeah, I'm gonna Washington.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 5: I mean I'm gonna Washington. He got a man crush on Kyle Showers.
Speaker 6: Before we play, we take my call off.
Speaker 4: I definitely come on now, you the one got him hired at the forty Niners.
Speaker 3: I mean, we take it to the second. They've got a very good roster.
Speaker 4: But we always played them hard and tight, and one day and one at one point we go to the next level and I think we are I think this is where all the company is gonna going, going into the playoffs.
Speaker 5: Ryan's ain't there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they just find a way to like restock. They lost their offensive coordinator tw years in a row. Didn't affect the office.
Speaker 5: Come on, that's that's that's that's not true. That's not comparing apples to apple. But Kyle, what played did Mike mcdaill's calling in San Francisco?
Speaker 3: I mean he did a whole game played?
Speaker 5: Did he call?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: Exactly? Who did they really lose?
Speaker 6: That's the fair point. A pair of lips and tailor lines.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: And the peace they resistance? Week eighteen versus Dallas. What do we got winning at San Francisco? Do we get a win last game of the season against those Absolutely?
Speaker 6: Did I pick us the win the first day of the day?
Speaker 3: I got No, it was on Thursday.
Speaker 4: He picked up the win on thanks game because we're gonna be happy to be back.
Speaker 5: Because he was gonna eat turkey.
Speaker 4: So we're gonna lose the game, fellas, because we got it like, I just think this the vision is back. So I'm giving everybody just one and one against each team.
Speaker 5: I don't know when it's going to win that one, Okay, I gotta win.
Speaker 2: I tried to keep track of the records here, but I haven't been able to. So how many wins on the season?
Speaker 3: Uh, Fred? And how many wins?
Speaker 4: I'm going eleven wins, eleven wins, eleven wins.
Speaker 5: I'm going with twelve twelve? All right?
Speaker 6: What about you logo ten?
Speaker 3: It was like a ten wins. I mean, Vegas has a six and a half ten ship. Last year they got it right on the nose pretty.
Speaker 4: Much well, because you know what seven and a half, you know we are going to get going through trials and triplations at the end of the So we went through some things, so you know, listen, this year, I feel like, help to chase your monted swet hunt for a contract paid pain.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: Jamie Davis coming into his own Saint Juice, a good full year. A Manuel fourbes over there picking balls off, making everybody stand up, left hand up every time he touching. Like what about Johann Dotson going in the second year taking it to the next level.
Speaker 6: Oh, listen to me with e B.
Speaker 4: I think the number one player that's gonna benefit from every B enemy it's Curtis Samuels.
Speaker 6: Like Curtis Samuel is gonna have a year of all years.
Speaker 4: So what I'm saying is living wins get us in and once we in the tournament, it don't matter how you got in the tournament. And that's when we're gonna start to enforce our wheel on people, cause I think our office line gonna be better than people think they are.
Speaker 3: All right, do you think, uh, you know it'd be helps me out to play calling, all right?
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 3: So I got ten wins for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even went from Fred twelve rings.
Speaker 5: I didn't. I did not make us seventeen and old friend is a lot.
Speaker 4: The last time we won, the last time we won twelve win we won the Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: Man, they only had sixteen games.
Speaker 6: Is That's all I'm saying. Being a wile since we won Twitter, we ain't. Since Flow Model TV, we never won twelve games.
Speaker 5: Just let's be honest, man, that's a lot of times you even know what the flow model.
Speaker 4: I don't even know the logan. Most of the time I be shocked I'll be throwing names out there. He be like, who is this?
Speaker 5: I am it's a floor model, but we got to say flow model.
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: Is it? Wait? Does it like sit on the floor?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes, you've never seen a big T like I came. We had a flow model TV with a lift TV on top of it. Yeah, that's how we got that.
Speaker 5: You don't turn the bottom of them because's probably broke.
Speaker 6: It's broke a piece of the table. Steak fun TV for another TV.
Speaker 3: I respect that. All right. So this is great contact, guys. Really appreciate you having on the show.
Speaker 2: If you like contact like this, make sure you check out command Center Wednesday on the YouTube page, the Commander's YouTube page. We have content every day on that chair on that channel on that page, and then there's a podcast, the Command Center Podcast on Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you, guys. It was always good having you in talent.
Speaker 6: Don't forget about that go fund me we got for you, Fred.
Speaker 3: Check out that we need Fred set it up on my trip.
Speaker 5: Oh Man,