Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market. Harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. We are joined by Bloomberg's Valerie Titel. Valerie, Good morning. So much of the focus for the market today is on US China relations. That could be the same for Nvidia based on the latest headlines.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Yeah, Good morning, Nathan, Happy Monday. Navidia is starting off the week in the red, down one point four percent in the pre market. This came after reports that it's Chinese competitor, Huawei is making up some ground in the AI race. Huawei is reportedly preparing to test a new AI chip that it hopes can replace some of those products replaced by Navidia. This comes from the Wall Street Journal reporting that Huawei has approached some Chinese tech companies about testing the new chip. The new processor would put China's capabilities around two generations behind Navidia's new black Well chips, so that news is catching up with Navidia. Those shares are down one point four percent in pre market.
Speaker 3: Yeah. One of the biggest volume movers in early trading along with Tesla. Different story there.
Speaker 1: Though different sorry here. Tesla on the upside, leaving the gains for the mag seven. Tesla rising one point three percent in pre market, rising again after its best week of the year last week and over the weekend. Tesla was reported to raise prices in Canada and encourage buyers to snap up evs imported before the counter terriffs were imposed on US made vehicles, so they said in an ad campaign to get your pre tariff priced inventory wall supplies last. Seems like the market seems to enjoy that. Tesla shares up one point three percent.
Speaker 3: And we got a little bit of a merger news call it a merger Monday, I guess with Merk and spring Works Therapeutics.
Speaker 1: In folks, Yes, yeah, m and a Monday. Germany's marked by US biotech firms spring Work Therapeutics for around four billion dollars, funded with cash and debt. We're seeing the spring Works share rise nearly three and a half percent in pre market trade so far this morning. This goes back after Germany's Merk has been busy putting its COVID cash hall to work with the latest purchase, and the acquisition is expected to boost Merk's healthcare division when that deal closes. That's the m and A of the day, spring Works Therapeutics of three and a half percent.
Speaker 3: Of course, that's going to be a really busy earnings week, a lot of the focus on tech. But this morning we heard from a pizza delivery chain just in time for breakfast.
Speaker 1: Exactly Domino's Pizza falling after earnings down three percent in the pre market. It had some mixed results. Sales did misestimates, the fast food change, did not provide an outlook for twenty twenty five. Their international sales did okay, but it seems like a lot of attention on their US same store sales declining by half a percent. So that's Domino's on a backfoot, selling three percent in pre market.
Speaker 3: Adding on to the lack of a guidance bandwagon here, what's going on with Boeing? Those shares are hire this morning.
Speaker 1: Hire in pre market Boeing rising one point six percent. It was upgraded by Bernstein citing growth potential on the horizon. There also was some other activity going on with Airbus taking over some of its assets from Spirit and clearing the way for Spirit to be acquired back by its former parent, Boeing. So we're seeing Boeing rising one point six percent and actually Spirit rising in the pre market as well, up two point six percent on that divesta share from Airbus.
Speaker 3: And just time to tell us whether there's any positioning around the mag seven earnings are going to get this week.
Speaker 1: Well, it's the busiest day of first quarter earning season this week. We've got twenty trillion in market cap set to report the next five days. The big one our Meta and Microsoft after the bell on Wednesday, and then Apple and Amazon after the bell on Thursday. So the busiest week ahead for the first quarter earning season.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to bloom Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app
Speaker 1: M HM