Speaker 1: What's that as spooky? Hey, Jooky, I'm pretty sure it's dead. He's coming this way, wait, said nandas police.
Speaker 2: Hey boo, it's me Roz and welcome to Ghosted by a Roz Hernandez, the podcast where I talk to people that I.
Speaker 1: Like about the paranormal.
Speaker 2: This week, we are joined once again by my friend Hayden Johnson. She's one of those transgender ladies, stand up comedians with bangs. There's not many of us, but we are a community, and I'm always happy to be joined by one. And we had fun. We talk about haunted nuns. We'll get into that in a sec. Hey, let me read you a story. This one came from Autumn, who writes it was my thirteenth birthday and I decided I wanted to have a huge party with my whole family to celebrate my coming of age. My mom loves to host parties, so she was excited about it and decided to invite her four sisters and their children. So I had four aunts, many cousins, friends, family, friends, and neighbors all visiting my home for my birthday on Saturday night. I'm giving you attitude, Autumn, but this encounter happened the evening before that, on the Friday night. One of my cousins, Carly, and I grew up together close as sisters. We did everything girls do toget Yeah, we were attached at the hip and as girls do. We even went to the bathroom together that evening before the party. Friday night, Carly and my aunts were staying over with me, and it was around dinner time. Our raucous family was all seated in the kitchen, gnowhing on appetizers, watching TV, and cooking together as my family does. I had to pee, so Carly and I locked arms and made our way down the hall to the bathroom. The door to the bathroom was closed, so I knocked, looked down, and then realized the.
Speaker 1: Light was on. Oops, someone must be in there.
Speaker 2: I'm in here, came a female voice from the bathroom. So Carly and I turned around to go to the other bathroom located upstairs. Turning back toward the festivities, we were facing the open floor plan of the kitchen and living room, in which all aunts and every cousin all were preoccupied cooking or sitting on the couch.
Speaker 1: Who was in the bathroom?
Speaker 2: Then Carly and I whipped back around, and the bathroom door was open, the light was off, and no one was in there. No one passed us, no one left the house. None of our family made any indications they were even paying attention to what Carly and I were doing. Carly and I looked at each other, shrieked, and came running back down the hallway to the kitchen. All the women turned to us and asked casually what we were screaming and giggling about.
Speaker 1: This time.
Speaker 2: As Carly and I scurried back to the kitchen, laughing and crying at the same time, we explained through fearful panting that we heard someone in the bathroom, but that no one could have been in there because everyone was in here. One of my aunts replied, much too casually, well, I did see a figure coming down the stairs earlier, and I think it may have been our mom. She hated to miss a party.
Speaker 1: At that time.
Speaker 2: My grandmother had been dead for about a year, so I attribute the bathroom goes to my grandmother powdering her nose while all her daughters were for once congregating in the same place together. Carly claims to have little to know memory of this event, but it's seared in my memory. Okay, autumn, Yeah, your grandma was in there. She needed a minute that or this is a one of your good old fashioned frogging situations where there's someone living in your house and that was their moment to use the bathroom because they said, oh, everyone's at the party, I'm gonna use it now, which, by the way, I don't even remember where it was. You can always google. Please, please always google anything I say if you're curious if that's a true fact or not. I was like watching TV and then something else like started playing after and I was like, what is this. This is kind of interesting, and it was a show about frogging, which it's only something I learned about. I mean, I only learned that name for it not that long ago. But it's you know, that idea of a human living inside of your home and you don't know about it. So there is like a reenactment celebrity ghost stories style TV show where it's like people sharing their real stories of having a stranger live in their house, and then there's like reenactments and stuff, which you know, I'm not I'm joking when I say that that's what this scenario is. But it does make me wonder with a lot of we kept hearing weird noises in the house.
Speaker 1: Actually, we have kind of a silly thing about that later in this episode.
Speaker 2: Hey, you all know I'm on tour. I'm doing stand up. I've been putting some ghost stories.
Speaker 1: In the show.
Speaker 2: So if that's that's all you like me for, well maybe you'll be happy with that. There's there's there's been a couple of good I've been asking audience members for ghost stories, and then we kind of make it funny. We basically do with this podcast, a mini version of it on stage in between me talking about you know, buttholes and gummy bears and all kinds of things. Anyway, so go check me out rossernettistour dot com.
Speaker 1: For all the dates.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go. Here's me and my friend Hayden Johnson on with the show. Oh my god, it's Hayden.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 1: You got bang?
Speaker 3: I did?
Speaker 1: You got an alien sweater on?
Speaker 3: That's right, I'm coming for your gig.
Speaker 2: It really seems now you're a young person. But do you know the film Single White Female.
Speaker 3: I am aware of it, I have not seen it.
Speaker 2: It's very that it's this lady starts pretending to beat this girl she finds on the internet. Well, not on the internet, it's actually in the newspaper.
Speaker 1: It's from the nineties.
Speaker 2: She meets this girl that she's looking for a roommate, and then she like turns slowly turns and shake gets the same haircut as her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when I come in and I have dark hair, that's when you really need to worry.
Speaker 1: Well, that's when the lawyers will be good.
Speaker 3: And you have much better lawyers than me.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you'll be hearing from my people.
Speaker 3: I can't wait. How are you dear, good, beautiful day feeling good.
Speaker 2: By the time this episode comes out, you and I will have have been to a premiere of a feature length documentary film that we are both in, which is weird because at the time of the recording it hasn't even been announced yet.
Speaker 3: Yea, it hasn't.
Speaker 4: Well, it hasn't been announced yet, and also neither of us have seen it.
Speaker 1: So we have, so we're hoping for the best.
Speaker 4: I think that you know, it could go either way. I think we could look really great. I think also, you know.
Speaker 1: What if they cut us out completely?
Speaker 3: I know that you're not cut out.
Speaker 4: I think well, that would just be crazy.
Speaker 3: I think that your apartment is for sure going to be it.
Speaker 1: How do you know that?
Speaker 3: Well, because I talked to the director.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they did come to my home in film and as.
Speaker 3: They showed, it's gorgeous.
Speaker 1: Not get off.
Speaker 3: Sorry you've stayed there, I have.
Speaker 2: But anyway, I want to talk to you about ghosts. You've been on this pod before. Have you seen a ghost since then?
Speaker 4: I really want to tell you yes, But gee, how who booked this person?
Speaker 3: Ah? I can't. I can't say that I have. I feel like if I saw a ghost, I would text you immediately.
Speaker 2: That's usually what happens. I get a text from someone in the middle of the night that'll be like I'm.
Speaker 1: At this hotel and I think I saw ghosts, And I'm like, bitch, you're not coming out my podcast.
Speaker 4: Do people DM you just like strangers saying hey, I think I'm being haunted or asking for help of any kind?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah. I get conservative men that will send me, well, they're messages.
Speaker 3: They're worried about something else.
Speaker 1: There'll be like some eagle and like the picture and then they'll be like, hey, oh can you possess my buttle?
Speaker 3: Yeah? They're like, there's actually there's a ghost to my in my breefs.
Speaker 2: Nasty ass tidy whities with streaks and them.
Speaker 1: But anyway, got the life we lead. It's fun and it's easy.
Speaker 4: Oh can I tell you something crazy that happened to me the other day?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 3: A boy called me an egg?
Speaker 1: An egg?
Speaker 3: Yes, you don't do you know? You know this term?
Speaker 2: Now what I'm like forty eight years old, I don't know any of the things that people your age talk about.
Speaker 4: Well, people like an egg is like what you call like a trans woman who hasn't come out yet, Like like somebody that like you think is like you know, they're starting to grow out their hair, they're starting to wear a little makeup.
Speaker 1: They call that an egg.
Speaker 3: They call that an egg. And like when people.
Speaker 1: Figure eggs are expensive, are.
Speaker 4: More expensive than ever. It's a bad time to be an egg, that's for sure. Oh, you do not want to be an egg right now. That somebody just thought that I was a trans person in the closet and I was. I was at a night with all the with all the furries and pups, and you of course know the furries and.
Speaker 1: The pups love them. Can't get enough.
Speaker 3: Love them, can't get enough.
Speaker 4: But so they call me an egg, and then I go, I'm no egg. I'm I'm a chicken.
Speaker 1: I'm a full chicken, fully formed chicken.
Speaker 3: Honey, I'm the biggest hen in the henhouse.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 3: And then I look around Taka diddle do exactly.
Speaker 4: And then I look around at all the furries and the pups, and I go, you know, I'm actually getting scared as the biggest hen in the henhouse on account of all these foxes and wolves around, because I'm afraid one of them is going to break in to the henhouse, grab me by the neck, and run off with me.
Speaker 1: You gotta be careful exactly.
Speaker 4: That's an interaction I had two nights ago. So that's something that's been on my mind a lot. I think I need I need to either go stealth or I need to go backwards. I gotta pick going one way or the other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've I've felt that way in my life before, where it's like you either you gotta scramble to say that or you gotta go full on chicken.
Speaker 1: Little mama, that's.
Speaker 3: Right, that's right.
Speaker 4: So maybe I'll figure that out by the end of this episode. Maybe the gholst will have something to teach me about what direction I need to take.
Speaker 2: Maybe, well, you know, it's interesting. The episode I've prepared for us today is about something that it's a life change that I consider constantly.
Speaker 1: Nuns.
Speaker 3: Oh, yes, I love none.
Speaker 1: I love nuns too. I'm like obsessed with nons.
Speaker 3: Did you grow up Catholic?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, me too.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're coming for my gig. This is all part of the case.
Speaker 2: This is all part of the case that my lawyers will be fully informed about.
Speaker 4: I think if I was, that would be the one thing that would stop me. I think if I learned, oh, I have to like learn about Catholicism, I think that would be the line that.
Speaker 3: I would draw.
Speaker 1: What do you mean of becoming a nun?
Speaker 3: Up? Becoming you?
Speaker 4: If they were like, if you really want to have Ros's gig, you got to learn about Catholicism.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, you don't know anything about.
Speaker 4: Well, I know everything, but I'm letting you know that I'm already a Catholic.
Speaker 1: Okay, how many sacraments?
Speaker 3: So many? Three? You did?
Speaker 1: Three?
Speaker 4: I got you be Yeah, I believe that. Did you go to like a Catholic school or anything. Yes, okay, me too. We had lots of nuns around there.
Speaker 1: Did you have nuns?
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 4: I have a distinct memory of the sister who was the principal. And I'm calling her that because that's what you call a nun, not because she was a sister, but she was. She was yelling at me because I kept being fake. I kept like faking being sick to get out of school.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a sin.
Speaker 4: And I remember her calling me into my office and being like, you can't keep lying.
Speaker 3: And I was like, I would never lie, but I was faking. Of course.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I did confession and I was like, I have nothing. I have nothing. I don't do wow anything. So I was so I go to this like listen to how brilliant I was. This is my first confession ever. I tell the priest, Saddy, no cut that. I tell the priest. I go, I beat my sister up what And he's like, how many stitches? I don't know why he said that. I'll never forget this. He goes how many stitches? And I goes seven? And then he's like, okay, what else? And I was like I lied And he said about what and I said, beating my sister up and getting seven. So I made up a sin so that I could have a sin. And that's how you do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you're still You're still the same, still haven't saient sence? Sinless person?
Speaker 2: So I think about becoming a nun all the time. I think, like, as I go into these haunted houses and stuff, if a demon was to possess me, I would become a nun.
Speaker 1: I would. I would say, God, I'm devoting everything to you.
Speaker 3: Wow, yes, you're that clothes.
Speaker 2: I'm at all moments to give up. Man, honey, I don't need.
Speaker 4: Them easy, and you're not waking up a lesbian it seems now.
Speaker 2: So I'm just basically yeah, Now, just if I can just hang out with the girls and wear the same outfit every day, I don't have to worry about what I'm gonna wear.
Speaker 3: Right, you don't have to cinch that robe.
Speaker 2: Or anything, and you know you can go full commando underneath that thing.
Speaker 3: Do you think they are, yes, honey, chilling thought.
Speaker 1: They're just letting it all flap around underneath those.
Speaker 3: I actually love that for them. Yes, it feels like it's taking something back for them.
Speaker 1: So I love it. I love Sister Act.
Speaker 2: Yes, So anyway, I looked up some some haunted nuns, some some nun.
Speaker 1: Ghosts, Oh my god. And also I have none habits.
Speaker 2: Whoa, I have cheap non habits that I got at like a party city type place.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: That goes around your collar. Okay, this goes on your head. Do you know what they call this?
Speaker 3: No, a habit? Okay, that's what.
Speaker 2: They call it, a habit. That's why Sister Act Too is called back in the habit.
Speaker 1: Ah See, it's a pawn. They had fun with us.
Speaker 3: See. I've been out of the Catholic mindset for so long.
Speaker 1: Girl, get in. There's nothing wrong with Catholicism.
Speaker 2: It's perfect. Okay, we're in the habits.
Speaker 3: I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: It's time for an episode. I'm calling None of your Business.
Speaker 1: Very good, thank you. Okay.
Speaker 2: So the first one, this is like a very iconic story that we've never talked about on this podcast. So there's more details about this one than any of the others. This is the Boorley Rectory.
Speaker 1: None.
Speaker 3: Sorry, that was I got a lost directory.
Speaker 2: The Boorley Rectory. Okay, I hate the word rectory. It's my least favorite word.
Speaker 3: It's a little too it's a little too close to something else.
Speaker 1: Rectory. Okay, so this is in Essex, England.
Speaker 2: In nineteen forty the paranormal investigator Harry Price released a book called The Most Haunted House in England, sit on his research of the Boorly Rectory. It was demolished in nineteen forty four, but it was constructed in eighteen sixty two. There was another rectory there that burned down in eighteen forty one. Reports of it being a monastery go all the way back to thirteen sixty two.
Speaker 1: People in England have been there for a long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we forget about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like we love to act like, eh, we've been around for so long. So they have a nun that walks around. Of course, that's why we got to talk about this.
Speaker 2: So the legend goes. They say, they them say that she fell in love with a monk. And I'm not talking Tony Shaloup, honey, So she falls in love with a monk. They get busted because they're not supposed to be doing that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: All guess what. They chopped his head off. She was buried alive in the walls whoa, Okay, did you need a trigger warning?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I thought the punishment for him was gonna be pretty extreme. When I heard chop the head off, but buried alive in the walls, is.
Speaker 3: I think worse? I would choose chop your hat off?
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, it's probably quicker. Yeah, it's definitely quicker. Well, there's no historical documentation of any of this, but that's the story. Nonetheless, many people have witnessed a nun walking around the grounds. In eighteen sixty three, and in nineteen hundred, school children claimed that they saw none that was a ghost. In nineteen twenty seven, Reverend Guy Smith and his wife moved in, and the wife when as soon as they move in, she finds a woman's skull in a cupboard. And then apparently after the skull was found, that's when shit went down. We're talking footsteps, we're talking a horse drawn carriage apparition, just a full ghost of a horse drawn carriage. They saw strange lights, they told the press, and then because of that, the Society for Cyclical Research came a knock in. And that's where Harry Price, the guy that wrote the book about it, that's where he came in he saw shit getting thrown. They did seances. The family moved out, and in nineteen thirty a new occupant moved in named Reverend Lionel Algerton Foister and his wife, Missus Foister, and their daughter. They lived there for five years. They experienced windows breaking, shit getting thrown, writings appearing on the wall. The daughter was locked in a room that had no key, and the wife was thrown from bed. A psychic even said that he saw a pencil writing with no hands.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: They asked the ghost what it wanted, and it wrote rest ah. But then the wife got busted banging the family's lodger. I don't know the family's lodger.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 2: I see, she was getting freaky dieky Missus Foyster apparently, and she confessed that there were times when she was getting her life, but she blamed it on the sounds of the ghost. So she was like, Okay, you guys that time when you heard like.
Speaker 1: A fuck, oh, that was not a ghost. I'm sorry you got me.
Speaker 4: I said, Oh my god, the ghost keeps writing slut and horror on my hands. I don't know, I don't know what's happening.
Speaker 2: She was literally like knocking shit over getting banged, and then they were like, oh, what was that? And she was like, you guys, that was the ghost.
Speaker 3: That's I live for that. I love that for her.
Speaker 1: I know. They were like, oh my god, I swear I just heard a ghost say.
Speaker 3: Ah, if you want to cheat, move into a haunted house. That's actually a really good gig, not bad.
Speaker 2: So they moved out in nineteen thirty five, and in nineteen thirty seven Harry Price moved in with a huge team of students to study it. Then the house burned down. A new owner knocked over an oil lamp while they were moving in. So they buy this new house, knock over an oil lamp, Goodbye to the Boorly Rectory. Harry Price was still obsessed with it, and he was looking at one of the alleged ghost writings, which he said that one of these ghostwritings said the well tank bottom.
Speaker 3: Me hmm, I've written some stuff like that before too.
Speaker 2: So he interpreted. He interpreted it as the well tank bothers me, I don't know the fuck. But he believed that it was the nun saying that her body was in the well. So he went in there. He starts digging. He found two bones.
Speaker 1: They were pig bones, but he it seemed like he was he was onto something or were they nobody knows.
Speaker 2: He claimed that they were human and had proper had a proper religious burial.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if it was the nun, I don't know. If there was a pig bottom that said go find me in.
Speaker 3: The well, sort of a pig nun, maybe.
Speaker 2: A pignun that So anyway, that's that's pretty much the story. I mean, of course there's a lot more details over the years of different things happening, but that's the Boorly rectory. Here's some honorable mentions. These are a little bit shorter. The headless nun of French Fort Cove and Miramichi, New Brunswick m okay seventeen hundreds. Sister Marie in Coneux, which means unknown in French.
Speaker 1: She was beheaded, lots of beheading.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wonder what that is.
Speaker 1: Lots of that.
Speaker 3: That can't be the easiest way to kill people.
Speaker 2: I am thinking about it now. It's unknown exactly how she lost her head. Some say a hunter took it what hunter? Others say she knew where a buried treasure was and some sailors took her head because she wouldn't tell them.
Speaker 1: But people see.
Speaker 2: Her at French Fort Cove and Mira Michi, New Brunswick. They see her headless, walking around looking for her head at night.
Speaker 3: Aw, that's got to be sloppy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you don't have a head.
Speaker 3: You don't have a head. You just want to find your head.
Speaker 2: That is unfortunate. They're feeling around trying to find.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there have been a lot of nights where I've wandered through the street at night looking for head ahead.
Speaker 1: Heyden, we don't do that kind of stuff here. I don't know what. They don't talk like that here. Okay, here's another one. L'a mona del vaso, the.
Speaker 2: None with the glass like a drinking cup glass.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: San Juan Daidios Hospital in Costa Rica. Oh, I don't know if I told this story. Actually, I'm not sure. I'm so.
Speaker 2: A couple of weeks ago, I did one of those gay cruises. I come back to Puerto Rico because I had a flight later that night. Yeah, so did my friend. And my friend was like, oh, I'm going to go rent a hotel like whatever, hotel, cheap hotel, I find we're gonna go stay in this hotel. We're just gonna hang out so we have someplace to be and then we'll go to the airport later.
Speaker 1: So we go to this hotel.
Speaker 2: It's a hospital, an active hospital where one floor.
Speaker 1: Was a hotel.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: We go in there and we're like this can't be right. Like the lift like dropped us off. We're like there's no way.
Speaker 2: There's literally like a lady on a stretcher, like ah, they're like wheeling her in, and then we're like at the front desk, like where's the hotel. They're like, oh, it's like up up a couple floors are. So they go up there and it's like they can or did this? Like they're all like hotel like hospital bedrooms that they that are like now hotels. You could rend it as a hotel.
Speaker 1: Oh spooky, yeah, but just something spooky happened in there.
Speaker 3: I mean yeah too. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't the thought of like being like a long day and laying down and you just hear hospital sounds.
Speaker 3: That's spooky enough.
Speaker 4: If you're already at the hospital, let alone, you're completely fine.
Speaker 2: There was like literally patients like being wheeled in wow. Anyway, So that's not anything to do with what this is. This is a hospital in Costa Rica and it's their oldest hospital. And according to legend, an unmarried young woman was forced into the nunnery by her family. Her job as a nun was to help the sick and dying, and she was so over it. She was like this, this is not what I want to be doing. Yeah, a man was dying and he asked her for a glass of water, and she was all, let me.
Speaker 1: Think about it.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Now she was all survey says no because she was just not happy with her job, and so this guy wanted water.
Speaker 1: He's like please, and she's like, h I'm busy.
Speaker 2: M he died, So she actually did feel bad and she died before asking for forgiveness. So she has been cursed to roam the halls of this hospital with a glass of water. So people see her just walking around with a glass of water.
Speaker 3: Hmmm, and it's too late. I see.
Speaker 4: I feel like we're not getting like it's a little unfair to only tell her side of the story, like what did that guy do? Like I feel like, you know, nurses, nuns, they deal with a lot they have to talk to people a lot, like I'm sure that guy was saying some crazy stuff before he was asking for a glass of water, and she might have just been like, you know what, fuck this guy, I've had enough. Yeah that I was a misogynist, like I was being rude as possible.
Speaker 3: We don't know, we don't know.
Speaker 1: You gotta believe women.
Speaker 4: I do stay on the side of women. You know that's important to me.
Speaker 2: Well, here's one more woman, the bleeding nun of Whimmering Manner in Portsmouth, England.
Speaker 4: Of a lot of liquid going on with these nuts. These are sub wet nuns.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this next one was that Wimmering Manner. Okay.
Speaker 2: This place goes back to ten forty two. The first owner was King Edward the Confessor.
Speaker 3: I don't know who that is, but sounds like he was honest.
Speaker 2: He told he spilled honey, he spilled, he was filled with the tea. So there's a ghost on top of the stairs by the attic door, and it's a nun that stares down at you with her hands dripping blood. One owner said that he saw a choir of none ghosts walking through the hall at midnight, chanting they're all doing a cappella. Yeah, they're all boom boom boom, like doing all those.
Speaker 4: Sort of I think that's beautiful that they can kind of still pursue some artistic passion in the afterlife.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who said, just because you're dead doesn't mean you have to stop doing your acappella number.
Speaker 3: That's right. Even the dad can sing all.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, that concludes none of your business. I'm I gonna lie, this is like kind of comfortable. I kind of want to keep it on.
Speaker 4: I think that you know, this could be something for your Your bangs really do work.
Speaker 3: And yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I love nuns so much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think what is interesting to me about the nuns is it always kind of seems to be their fault, like they keep dying, and it's like nobody's really blaming anybody else except for interesting.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I think there's some there's some misogynistic elements going on with a for.
Speaker 2: Sure, because it's like my personal opinion, like nuns increase. I think that saying you.
Speaker 1: Are not allowed to have sex really can fuck with someone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure I would be pissed.
Speaker 4: Somebody asks me for a glass of water and I haven't had sex ever, I'd be like, you know what, I'm gonna kill your ass, like you're done.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: I've had enough, Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: And so I think that that has to be a very hard life, and I don't think that it's fair. But so it's sort of like, oh, if they do anything human, like, have you know, fool around with a monk one day?
Speaker 4: Yeah, if they're like I've had enough of getting people glasses of water.
Speaker 2: Or that, then it's like, oh, this person's horrible, Like now for eternity we have to think of them like they're so bad, but like there's there being humans.
Speaker 3: They were sacrificing a lot, they were. No I feel like my my thoughts about ghosts or ghosts just.
Speaker 4: Have unfinished business, right, And so I'm like, what do we need to do to kind of get these nouns back, you know, off off the mortal plane, because I don't think that their unfinished business could just be like you know, handing the glass of water or like fucking the monk. Like I think they need something else they need like some maybe they do need sacks.
Speaker 3: Actually, maybe that's it.
Speaker 2: Maybe they I think that sometimes when ghost like okay, so this one with the glass.
Speaker 1: It's supposed to.
Speaker 2: Be like she's cursed, like her curse because she didn't ask for for goodness for not giving the guy water. Now she is forced to roam with water. Yeah, and so it's not necessarily like an unfinished I mean, I guess that is her unfinished cursed. She's like cursed, Okay. And then like some of these other ones, it's like they were killed like when they weren't ready, so now they're just like, uh, I'm not ready to go.
Speaker 1: What the hell?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I need to show these nuns a good time or something. I think they're missing out on a lot in life, and then they die and they don't get to have any fun.
Speaker 1: That's why I would be like a fun nun.
Speaker 4: You would, I mean, I think that you could do a real sister act. I think that you could get some people there.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I would. I would teach them like how to vogue, even though I don't really know, but like, I just want to see a bunch of nuns, like, oh my god, the things I would teach a nun.
Speaker 3: Oh sure, I'm sure there's a lot.
Speaker 2: Do you know about the nun kind that Katy Perry kept trying to buy. No, I used to delivery buy it in losphilis what. There's like this gorgeous nun convent that has like a pool and like it's like a Spanish style mansion. And she kept trying to buy it from the nuns, and the nuns were like, girl, No.
Speaker 4: My original thought was not that she just wanted the house. It was that like she wanted the nuns.
Speaker 1: Well. One of the nuns mysteriously died during trial.
Speaker 3: And then Katy Perry went to space and said, I'm washing my hands with that.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'm not awake.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're gonna hear me roar in the house at midnight and it's my spirit something like.
Speaker 1: That, something like that. Can I show you a haunted doll.
Speaker 3: I'd love to see a hanted doll.
Speaker 1: It's time for the dolls are living.
Speaker 2: I go to eBay, I find haunted dolls. Yes, this one that we have today is really some.
Speaker 3: I can't believe how many of these.
Speaker 1: There are hundreds, thousands at all times.
Speaker 3: Crazy.
Speaker 1: It's an industry.
Speaker 2: This one's name is Gordon and he's going for twenty nine dollars.
Speaker 1: Jeha, show us Gordon? You got it? Ras? Yes, mama, Wow, Gordon is serving Gordon.
Speaker 4: I was not expecting Gordon to It's Gordon like a thumbboy, Like, what's going on with GORDA.
Speaker 2: I have seen this person at a Chapel Roane concert.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Gordon has like full clown white face and just like a full beat like lips, eyes, wow.
Speaker 2: Eyebrows all painted on some blash, gorgeous pearl necklace.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, I already had to see Gordon without the makeup.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I'm interested.
Speaker 2: And then when we see the full look, it's like an oversized coat.
Speaker 3: It's giving Harry styles.
Speaker 1: I love Gordon. Wow wow Yeah, long skirt, it's really it's really Yeah. Goda ghosted by ras on Instagram to see this picture.
Speaker 3: Little kitten heel.
Speaker 1: A kitten heel comfort. Yeah, I'm very into Gordon's look.
Speaker 3: Wow. Yes, okay, I'm obsessed with.
Speaker 2: So here's what it says about Gordon. Gordon is so special and unique. She died in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Oh oh god.
Speaker 2: Okay, so apparently Gordon's is she Okay, well, she lived in Oregon. Since she died, she's been in five different dolls. So this is I mean, this is a cute one.
Speaker 1: If you have. You know, I don't know what the other ones were wearing, but.
Speaker 3: I think she's kind of found her moment.
Speaker 1: Did I just touch your foot?
Speaker 3: She did? That was weird, getting us crazy here.
Speaker 2: Gordon said that she likes this doll, this vessel, and she occupied it just this year. I asked her why she likes it, and she said, I like riveting people. She had a boyfriend named Sam. I asked her what they did for fun. She said, quote, we went to Fresno a lot.
Speaker 3: How old is the ghost?
Speaker 1: She was only twenty five.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: I asked why and she said, friends there.
Speaker 3: This is a modern ghost.
Speaker 1: Yes, she died in twenty twenty. Oh wow, it says.
Speaker 2: Gordon said that she built websites for a living. Her favorite food is ham sandwiches. Her favorite color is green, her favorite scent is violet. When I asked what she was most looking for in her new guardian or guardians, she replied, open minded people. I feel like that's like that's what you polyamorous people are always saying.
Speaker 3: Something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just want someone open minded.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's ultimately because I want to be sluts.
Speaker 2: I asked Gordon what her guardian or guardians should know about her, and she said, quote, my hand's hurt.
Speaker 1: She went on.
Speaker 2: She went on to explain that she had fibromyalgia and the pain in her hands never went away even after death. I asked her what her guardians can do to help her, and she said, feed me. She basically has difficulty using her hands for a lot of things. Well, I don't understand well that ghost, Like, are we talking about ghost or the actual doll?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think that the ghost the ghost has. Unfortunately, the ghost still has fib in which really.
Speaker 1: That really sucks. You would think that that would go away.
Speaker 3: You would hope, But I guess.
Speaker 4: Also, I mean, the doll does seem to have very tiny hands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the hands it appears matched the face skin tone, so it's not like she drew on the white. She's fully white like that, It says. Gordon loves children and pets. She likes hugs and kisses, but not cuddling.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 2: Gordon will make her presence known in a variety of ways after she feels settled into her new home. She reads minds. She is excellent with pendulums to communicate. She will use your computer. You'll see it scroll up and down on its own.
Speaker 3: Be quite annoying.
Speaker 1: Well, she's she is a website builder.
Speaker 3: I know, but I'm trying to do I'm trying to do my own stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, she's drawn to it. Gordon is such an interesting.
Speaker 4: Name's really do you get a lot of ghosts that are like modern that are like yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, Ever once in a while when pops in.
Speaker 2: I mean, I wouldn't mind having like a haunted doll era, Like, ultimately I would like to go wherever else, but I wouldn't mind like seeing what it's like and see how I can capitalize and like see if I can be like the next Annabelle or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would give it a.
Speaker 4: Try, I think so. I think you do have to find the right one. It's kind of like dating. I'm sort of getting it now.
Speaker 2: I want my own like film series based on the crimes I commit as a doll.
Speaker 1: Okay, can I play you some ghost voices?
Speaker 3: I love ghost voices. This is my favorite.
Speaker 1: It's time for.
Speaker 3: Or ev plase you're selling I love this?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: These are both from a account on YouTube called ghost Hunter nine two two three.
Speaker 1: What Hayden Johnson is this silly ghost saying.
Speaker 2: These are both recorded at Merriam maccaverns in Sullivan, Missouri.
Speaker 1: Here we go, Hayden. What's it saying? Let me play it again.
Speaker 4: Is it saying like I'm I'm I'm here, I'm down, I'm down here.
Speaker 3: This is a hard one.
Speaker 1: Let me give you some options.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Did they think it was a you're a dickhead?
Speaker 3: Hm hmmm, B we will take her.
Speaker 1: C you would think that? Or d girl, you stink bad? Okay, okay, it's one of those.
Speaker 4: Oh now, hearing all of those, I think it sounds like I will take her, but I want it to be I think you stink bad like.
Speaker 1: That girl you stink bad. They believe it is saying B we will take her. M Yeah, listen again. Okay, i'd be so scary we will take her? Why not? I'd be fun? I guess I fun. This isn't a cave a cavern?
Speaker 3: Okay, totally different.
Speaker 2: Very different as Okay, here's one more, same place. What's this one saying?
Speaker 3: Stepping on some rocks.
Speaker 1: There's some crinkled crumpling.
Speaker 4: Eating a bag of chips. I am gonna need some. Yeah, that's it sounds like.
Speaker 1: Is that A. I said, you smell girl? Is it B?
Speaker 2: Look around us? See can I help you? Or D Does that feel good?
Speaker 1: It's one of those.
Speaker 4: Hmmm, I think this is the sound. I think this is the sound of needing a hand sandwich.
Speaker 1: They believe it's b. Look around us. Let me listen for that.
Speaker 3: I guah, I guess I kind of hear. Look, guy, that's sort of a that's sort.
Speaker 4: Of a ghost that's really scared about the political climate right now.
Speaker 1: Look around we can we have to be.
Speaker 3: We have to be present, we have to be with each other.
Speaker 2: Okay, last thing, I'm just gonna ask you some some thoughts and feelings about some paranormal stuff.
Speaker 1: Do you believe mermaids are real?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I want them to be real.
Speaker 1: Some people say there are there's mermaids.
Speaker 3: I've seen that documentary about them, the people.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think the mermaids are real in the sense that I think that there are people that are doing it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're with their fake tails, having fun with.
Speaker 4: Their fake tails, and like, I think that we're only getting closer to like that kind of being a thing. I see, I see in the future people being able to elect to get the tail surgery.
Speaker 1: Oh that's interesting.
Speaker 2: So because those people really do, like some of them identify as a mermaid.
Speaker 4: Yes, and honestly I love for that. I think that you should get into that.
Speaker 1: I wonder.
Speaker 2: See, that's the thing when you're like a scientist or a surgeon that's done all this work, all this schooling, all this whatever career, and it's like, I'm sure someone has begged them, like can you please look into developing how to take the skin of a dolphin and sew it onto my body so that it will stay as skin? And they're like, no, Okay, fine, I'll try.
Speaker 3: I think we just need one kind of.
Speaker 4: Crackpot doctor that's like ready to ready to go in on it.
Speaker 1: That's interesting.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think we should be working. We need to work on gills first of all. I think that's gonna be huge.
Speaker 1: Oh, the gills would be big.
Speaker 3: Once we can get gills.
Speaker 4: And then I think we're going to see a lot of these like Disney adjacent women getting the full mermaid.
Speaker 1: The bottom surgery, the.
Speaker 4: Bottom surgery, that's the bottom surgery that nobody's talking about.
Speaker 3: But I think we need to be devoting more time.
Speaker 2: To I'm surest or will they figure out how to cross breed with fish.
Speaker 4: Well, that's maybe a darker reality that I don't want to I like the thoughtom I like. Your idea might even be to eat the easier thing. But I think that's going to come out looking less like the mermaids we know and love, and we're like some kind of fucked up monster. Yeah, because that's kind of like full it's not half human half fish.
Speaker 3: That's sort of full fish.
Speaker 1: Well it's not sectioned off into half exactly, but it's like the makeup of it is half human, it's it's mixed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're gonna get like I don't know if you're getting arms. I don't know if you get it.
Speaker 3: That's a fun Maybe that's beautiful.
Speaker 1: That's the mystery.
Speaker 3: Maybe I need to examine my beauty standards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you do sort of look at that. What do you think about deja vu?
Speaker 2: Or like, oh, do you ever go oh I feel like I met you before?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I get I think that's something that happens for me a lot. I have dreams of things and then like later it'll happen to me in real life and I'll be.
Speaker 1: Like, are they ever important? Rarely?
Speaker 3: But they are like substantial.
Speaker 4: It'll be like like an argument or you know, some kind of like I'll be in some place that I've never been before, but I'll see it like in a dream. I don't know what that is, but I feel like that happens to me fairly off.
Speaker 2: Do you think do you interpret it in any way other than what that was weird? Or do you like look into that more? Like for me, for example, if that happens to me, I'm like, Okay, that means this is where I'm supposed to be. But do you think about that at all or now I do?
Speaker 4: I mean, it'll happen to me and I'll go. I'll go to the people that I'm around. If I'm around everyone, I'm like, I had a dream about this, but I don't know what else to do with that because it's already happened.
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen final Destination? I have not, because that's what that is.
Speaker 2: This kid he like has a dream that the entire plane is going to and then it happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah. See I haven't prevented anything from happening to me. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Every time, I'm just like, oh, I thought this is going to happen, and then that's the thing.
Speaker 2: I feel like a lot of psychics and powers like that. It's like, yeah, it can happen, doesn't necessarily mean anything like you could.
Speaker 1: I think sometimes you just yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Like one time, I remember when I was a kid, the first time that I thought like this is crazy. I had a dream about like a new like art teacher and like a new art room. And then I was like there and then like like a month later, I was we had a new art teacher in a new art room, and I was like, but I couldn't be like this. But it's like, well, like that's not really like I don't need to like kill the art teacher or anything like there's no like stakes attached.
Speaker 2: But that's also you could be like you, guys, I knew this was going to happen, And then everyone's like.
Speaker 3: Sure you did.
Speaker 1: Who kiss a shit exactly?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Shut up, gay kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give me your give me your.
Speaker 2: Lunch money, Okay, last thing, past lives, you got bangs, you'r polyamorous?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I must have learned a lesson before. I must have learned a lesson about something.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, I can get into that. I can get into that because I feel like I.
Speaker 4: Think I would interpret that more as like generations and like maybe like spirit of like your family being passed down to you something like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, so like an ancestral thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I like to think that, like it wouldn't be completely random.
Speaker 3: Like it feels like maybe if.
Speaker 4: I've learned some lessons in past lives, they are at least like somewhat applicable to like me now, Like it doesn't feel like they're lessons from like another culture. It feels like, oh that was like somebody living in like backwards Tennessee, and then like they learned something and now I'm polyamorous.
Speaker 3: Because so that's what I think.
Speaker 4: And like I would love for that to be true, because I would love to come back and get into get into some even more crazy shit. You know, what's the what's the thing that I do after I'm polyamorous?
Speaker 3: What's the next?
Speaker 1: Where do you go from there?
Speaker 4: I know I feel like I'm that I'm the craziest. Oh maybe I'm a mermaid in my next life.
Speaker 3: Oh God, that's why we need to invest in this.
Speaker 4: People are so like, oh, we can't invest in the future because I'm not gonna be around for it. You don't know what if you come back and you get the opportunity to do Mermaid.
Speaker 3: Play, but you don't have a chance because you destroyed the earth. This is why we need to care.
Speaker 2: This is why we need to care. It's the future we need. I know, I just realized we're both dressed like nuts.
Speaker 3: Still love it.
Speaker 1: Actually, it's actually really comfortable, like I kind of like it yours not.
Speaker 3: It's kind of itchy. Maybe it's like burning my head.
Speaker 1: Yeah that could be.
Speaker 3: I knows. I'm not supposed to be supposed to have the sun. So this is a center.
Speaker 2: Tell us everything about you before we go. You get one minute, that's all.
Speaker 4: You can follow me online Instagram, Underscore Hayden, Underscore Johnson, or on.
Speaker 3: TikTok, which I'm getting quite into and really investing in.
Speaker 1: Are getting big on there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm I'm having some fun on TikTok.
Speaker 2: How many followers it's just like almost two hundred thou Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're getting them getting big. It's pretty fun.
Speaker 4: And I like, I didn't think it was for me because I thought it was like I'd have to like kind of do like trends and stuff.
Speaker 1: But I know you just go down there and say some crazy show.
Speaker 3: And that's what I'm doing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So TikTok Hayden with three ages and two ends, and then you can come and see me and other trans comedian Nori Reed do Transit Girls, and uh look for the documentary we are pat featuring me and.
Speaker 2: Ross and a bunch of other transcomedians you will love.
Speaker 1: We'll tell you more about that later. You'll see once. Once we see see well know then well then we all know how much we're gonna talk about it.
Speaker 4: We're prematurely endorsing, like a takedown of us.
Speaker 1: I think it's gonna be amazing.
Speaker 3: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, anyway.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me on.
Speaker 2: Thank you hating John, what a silly episode. Well, thank you everybody for listening. I love you all, both living and dad.
Speaker 1: But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me came back.
Speaker 2: This has been an exactly right production. Want to share your paranormal experience on the podcast. I read stories out loud and sometimes I'll even call you. So email me at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. You can send a DM or voice message to the show's Instagram at Ghosted by Roz. Give us a follow while you're there, and follow me Roz on Instagram at Roz Hernandez and on TikTok and Twitter at It's Roz Hernandez. My senior producer is the startling Jiha Lee. Associate producer is the alarming Christina Chamberlain. This episode was mixed and sound designed by the eerie Edson Choi. My guest booker is the petrifying Patrick Kuttner. My theme music is by the spine chilling Brendan Lynch Salomon. Artwork by the spooky Vanessa Lilac, Photography by the terrifying Elizabeth Karen. Executive produced by the chilling Karen Kilgareff, the spooky Georgia hart Stark, and the frightening Danielle Kramer. Listen to Ghosted by Roz Hernandez on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.