Speaker 1: On this episode of this League, we are going to respond to the first wild forty eight hours of NBA free agency. Cannot wait until Friday. Things are moving all over the place and it has been a fun ride.
Speaker 2: So let's get into it.
Speaker 1: Lots to go over, winners and losers, drop the beat to take care and I said, you'll be waiting for.
Speaker 3: Clean never stop.
Speaker 4: We got the grand.
Speaker 2: NiFe go, let me go, there we go, cap going.
Speaker 3: Everybody knows.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty one free agency has been wild. I covered first hour of it on TikTok Live.
Speaker 1: It was just a slew of information coming at me from Shams and woj and fucking Chris Haynes and random guys like Henry Abbotts.
Speaker 2: Every single minute felt like.
Speaker 1: Something new was going on and deal terms and boom boom boom, boom boom. At this point, before we get into winners and losers, few free agent issues and still need to be solved. We still don't have any word about what Kawhi is doing, despite the fact that everyone has said he expects to come back to the Clippers.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure why it is.
Speaker 1: Wednesday, at twelve thirty pm, Chris Paul signed his huge deal, which we will get into. Of course, Marty should be happy. Four years, one hundred and twenty million dollars. The rumor was that the Hornets were trying to pry him away for one hundred million, which is just fucking or not Hornets Pelicans, excuse me, which is you see the Hornets his former team.
Speaker 2: As if a fucked up sort of, it's sort of his former team.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like the Browns and the and the Ravens and like the franchises.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, no, I think technically he's still part of the Charlotte Hornets, like franchise history. But still yeah, now former team, and it's always great news when GM's leak moves they tried to make. That means the state of the Pelicans is very.
Speaker 1: Good, very very We almost had Chris Paul if the Suns didn't end up going and paying them. So they paid Chris Paul, which was inevitable we thought. But I still know Khy still no Kuhi, very weird, Dinwittie. I think he's going to the Wizards, but that's very complicated because it's a sign and trade situation. They don't have enough money to just pay him out right and he's probably going to the Wizards via the scrap Heap aka the Oklahoma City Thunder, probably taking Kuzma's contract on and probably having to give them a twenty twenty five pick because they owe the twenty twenty three first round pick, and the only way that it can't be unprotected is if Sam Presty says is actually doing the deal to because they'll get twenty twenty five and twenty twenty three, so it'll be like they're like trickle down, hard to explain, very complicated.
Speaker 3: Kruzma and Okac would be so beautiful.
Speaker 2: I kind of love that.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's exactly what I've said forever, Like if he played on any other team, no one would know his name, and he's just going to fade so beautifully into obscurity and I never have to hear his name again. It's going to be so lovely.
Speaker 2: Reggie Jackson, we still don't know.
Speaker 1: The Bulls need to move Lori Markanen or they need to let him go for free. That's like a big free agent that no one's really talking about. And Kelly Ubre, who knows what's gonna happen with him, And then obviously Dennis Shuter just eroding into dust, just eroding into dust. Somebody on Twitter was like, took my old take and they quote tweeted it and like white woman telling black man what his worth is and it's like, I'm not doing anything. Yeah, all I'm doing is really illuminating what the market looks like for Dennis Shooter.
Speaker 2: And it's not good. I think he gets like ten million.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean no, it's looking very bad. I mean we talked about it in the preview episode where it was just this point guard like Russian Roulette, and the two guys like left at the end of it are Dennis Shreuter and Reggie Jackson. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think Reggie Jackson might just come back first scraps to the Clippers.
Speaker 2: And that's fine, but like what is Yeah anyway, anyway.
Speaker 1: Here's the winners and losers CP three Biggest Winner just just thirty seven, right, thirty seven, thirty six about to be thirty seven started the next season, and by the time this deal is up, he'll be fucking Tom Brady. He'll be forty one at the at the expiration day to this deal. He's getting one hundred and twenty million dollars just like we thought in the middle of I think it came out.
Speaker 2: Right before the playoffs, maybe.
Speaker 1: When he said he was going to turn down The rumors were he was going to turn down that forty million dollars maybe the first round.
Speaker 3: Or something like that. But the fourth year is a team option, which people haven't been broadcasting as much as they should.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Three, so it's really a three year deal.
Speaker 1: Jared Allen five years, one hundred million, shitload of money. Also, what are the Cavs doing Evan Mobley and him?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Lonzo Ball paid four years eighty five million to the Bulls. Uh, then DeRozan three years eighty five What did I say he should not take less because if he takes less now he's never getting money again.
Speaker 2: And he did exactly what he should have done, is.
Speaker 1: Find the highest bidder with the best situation for him to put up lots of minutes, lots of bucket buckets.
Speaker 2: They also then.
Speaker 1: Signed Alex Caruso the Chicago Bulls to four years thirty seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that sounds about right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, four years thirty seven. Wow, I can't believe I remember that. So four years thirty seven. So now it's Alice Caruso.
Speaker 3: They're doing my philosophy of like just a score million points.
Speaker 1: Score million points, but also have a contingency plan in place to still have guys that can get you a bucket. When your number one bucket has to go, which is Zach Colvine.
Speaker 2: Zack Levine has to go.
Speaker 1: They're not going to pay him the supermax, which is what Zach Clovine wants, so he's probably gonna get end up getting traded for more pieces. So Lourie Mark and I think we'll obviously get moved for something of value. So I like what the Chicago Bulls are doing. Karnisovas is making moves, So that's a winner. Duncan Robinson five years, ninety million to stay.
Speaker 2: With the Heat.
Speaker 3: Wow, what a success story.
Speaker 2: What is success story? Where did he go to Wesleyan? What was his first college?
Speaker 1: He went to seventy three tiny ass liberal arts school in the middle of bumfuck New England and then transferred to Michigan and fucking made a run in the tournament and then ended up in a great situation and plays his role very well. And now he's just worth one hundred million dollars. Put that in the bank invest that in some Doache cooin and off you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fella.
Speaker 1: Podcaster fellow podcaster broke it on the podcast, which I thought was tremendous. Norm Powell staying with the Blazers for five years ninety million dollars. A lot of guys signing five year, ninety million dollar deals. Everybody says, oh, well, when you see six guys get paid all five years for ninety what you know what that is is GM's all getting on a group chat and saying that's what the market for these guys is.
Speaker 2: Eighteen million. Derreck Rose stays with the Knicks three years, forty three million. Love that for him.
Speaker 1: Gary Trent three years fifty four million, same deal, eighteen extensions for Curry extensions.
Speaker 3: Man, the Curry extension. That Curry extension fifty two million a year.
Speaker 1: Wow, five years, four and one cause he's got one year left, four years, two hundred and fifteen million dollars. Wow, Shay gets his bag five years, one hundred and seventy two million. That was shocking to me. Not shocking from like a make sense standpoint, but a shocking from did Oklahoma City actually like I didn't know Oklahoma City would do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, it was I guess. I mean, I mean, you gotta like having Shay on your team, and right like maybe all that shit was just like smoke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Trey Young five years, two hundred and eight million.
Speaker 1: These guys all getting their their bags. Also, John Collins, I just was reading it. John Collins gets twenty five million dollars a year?
Speaker 3: Did he sign it?
Speaker 1: He just it just happened, like maybe an hour ago. It happens, So we're good. So then the winners, in terms of I think for teams, I think the Heat are huge winners.
Speaker 2: Kyle Lowry getting Kyle Lowry makes sense.
Speaker 1: Then they give Butler the Brinks truck for what is it, four years, one eighty five.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Kyle Lowry so joins him Duncan Robinson then and then they get him on an extension, which they had to do because of the they have his Berg rights and they weren't gonna be able to sign anyone else.
Speaker 2: And then you've got PJ. Tucker, which the world.
Speaker 1: If anyone watched, listen to this pod religiously, I am the biggest PJ. Tucker fan, like to get him for two years and fifteen million dollars. He's gonna be the guy that will straight up punch Jimmy Butler in the mouth like he.
Speaker 2: Will in practice just tell him to shut the fuck up.
Speaker 3: Did you see his ig post man?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That I have that uh in here too, let's find that. So he said this because PJ. Tucker thought he was going to come back to the Bucks. And I think I thought he was going to come back to the Bucks, did you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Pretty much everyone everyone thought he was going to come back. And Bobby.
Speaker 1: Opposite, Well, Bobby Ports took less money. He took two years for nine h PJ. Tucker quote, Wow, he puts this on ig. I'm still a little loss for words, to be honest, still shook, but it is what it is today. Took a hard turn on the road of my career. But like my grandma used to tell me, all you can control is what you can control without being said Milwaukee, and then he makes sure to say the city of Milwaukee, not the Milwaukee Buck, because fucked the Bucks right now is what he's on. You will never fully understand what the city means to me. Our time together, however, short will hold some of the best memories of my life forever. You took me in, had my back throughout our journey, and I will for always be grateful and hold you near to my heart. Can't thank y'all enough. We will always be dogs. Yeah that was sad, but I love that For the Heat, love yeah, love it. They get a guy who's gonna be rough and tough, get you with the defense, get you with the three pointer. The question that I have. They also got Mark if Morris. They signed Dwayne Deadman. Uh yeah, trash. They subtract Goran Dragig Kendrick Nunn Oladipo, which trash, trash, trash.
Speaker 2: Okay, So to me, who is gonna guard?
Speaker 1: Do they have a player right now that can actually check Joe lmbeat.
Speaker 2: Or check yohness.
Speaker 3: No, I mean the answer is no.
Speaker 2: What do you do at that point?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't know, So I think that they still have some work to do.
Speaker 1: Maybe they're maybe it's team defense, like maybe it's BAM with PJ.
Speaker 2: Tucker kind of like going back and forth.
Speaker 3: But I mean there's gonna be a lot put on BAM.
Speaker 1: Law unnecessary pressure on BAM like the Heat success.
Speaker 2: Are the Heat a top three team in the East, right now this is the.
Speaker 3: Top of my head. I mean, okay, Brooklyn Bucks.
Speaker 2: But yeah, then for sure three But like they're flirting, are they they're top five?
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be interesting the Knicks.
Speaker 1: For a while, I thought to myself, what the fuck are the Knicks up to? This is not making sense. You get rid of Reggie Bullock, which is fine. You picked up the Frenchman for four years, seventy eight million dollars, which is absurd, contract absurd. He was not good for the Boston Celtics. He was so not good for the Boston Celtics that they wouldn't resign him and they would rather have Josh Richardson. Okay, and then you signed he rose love the signing sign Alec Brooks didn't know what that was about.
Speaker 2: Did not know because I think he got ten million.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he played well.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a lot of money though for just a guy, just a guy. Neurlans know what I like.
Speaker 1: But nothing really moved me until today, until the Oklahoma City Thunder pulled what I would consider to be a mench move in buying out Kemba Walker and letting.
Speaker 2: Him go back home to New York City. I love that.
Speaker 1: I think, no matter what, because we know that Kemba Walker's washed, right, like we know that he's not healthy.
Speaker 2: We know that he's not healthy.
Speaker 3: I think he and d Rose kind of spelling each other could work. Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 2: I think when he has those spurts. I think he averaged like nineteen and a half points a game last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he didn't forget how to score. Yeah, he knows how to score. It's just like he doesn't know how to stay on the court. And as long as he and d Rose kind of play ham and egg, like you sit these three games, I sit that those three games, I think they're going to be fine.
Speaker 2: I love that move me too, I love that move.
Speaker 1: Lakers, ah Man, I don't know. It's hard for me to figure out what this. Are they winners or are they losers? TV continued.
Speaker 3: I mean so many people are talking about now that they're like instant like favorites to come out of the West, and they may be like in Vegas at the start of the year, but I don't really look at it that way. I think they're probably favorites to get the one seed. But again, like we've seen the problems Westbrook poses in the playoffs, and yeah, no, I I think if I had to like make a prediction right now, this Lakers team is the one seed and they lose in either the second round or conference.
Speaker 1: Finals, they're like a they're like the Jazz. They're basically like the New Jazz in the fact that like they'll be the one seed and they'll flame out. I saw this that the Lakers went full sickle mode. I might take all my exes and all put them in a group. That was like basically basically.
Speaker 2: What they did.
Speaker 1: They brought Wayne Ellington back, they brought Trevor Ariza Beck, they brought Dwight Howard Beck, they brought marcasol Beck, Baysmore Baysmore Beck.
Speaker 2: It's just it's a wild wild turn event.
Speaker 1: So they have now Russell Westbrook for forty, Trevor for two point six. Everybody's taking minimums two point six, two point six, two point six, two point six, one point eight for Malik Monk. Wow, Malik Monk got UNDERPAIDA did he not?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wow, Portland couldn't have gotten Elik Monk for fucking more money than that.
Speaker 3: I mean, we'll never know what he was thinking. Maybe he just like really wanted to go there, but that's wild at that point in your career. Yeah, Like, I mean maybe the market was just nothing for him, which is weird. Yeah, I don't know that surprised me.
Speaker 2: Warnants were like he was way too inconsistent. We're not keeping that guy.
Speaker 1: So remember I said, I think they're gonna let him go, and you're like, I think maybe Michael Jordan wants to keep the guy that he picked.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but he basically got a minimum contract like that.
Speaker 1: Why, I guess they just want book Knight to have more touches and more ability to not feel pressure from this guy that he drafted and and him kind of putting pressure on them to get mints.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the thing that's interesting about the Lakers is this, they did everything that they needed to do with Westbrook, and I'm still not satisfied. Like they they went out and got all those shooters they did, Like Mellow shot forty thirty and forty percent the last two.
Speaker 2: Seasons in Portland from three.
Speaker 1: Uh, then you've got Baysmore shot forty one percent on threes, Monk shot forty percent on threes, Ellington forty two percent on threes. Kendrick Nunn thirty eight percent on a high volume of threes, Gossaw forty one percent on threes.
Speaker 2: And yet when you've.
Speaker 1: Got a d Braun Westbrook and Taylor Horton Tucker who came back for a lot of money, you're only gonna have one shooter, one real shooter on the floor at a time.
Speaker 3: I think we could see some interesting lineups, but at the same time it's Vogel, so maybe not.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: That is exactly where my mind went, was, like, they have a lot of shooters.
Speaker 2: The second unit could be really fun. The second unit could actually be in some ways.
Speaker 1: More potent offensively, probably a SIEV defensively. But okay, you put Russell Westbrook out there, Mark Gasol and a bunch of shooters and like.
Speaker 2: He's just kicking out. He's driving and kicking out to like three.
Speaker 1: I don't hate that. But it all falls on Vogel. Jason Kidd is gone. He's gone either the real coach Daddy's gone, and now the substitute teacher's in there, and I don't know, I don't know how much I trust Vogel because this is a very complicated set. This is a roster that's very complex to me, the rotations are going to be key. Who are you putting together? How does that all fit defensively and offensively?
Speaker 2: This could be a fucking mess.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And one of my thoughts was like, I mean, you know how Ad like never wants to be like a pure five. He wants to like have another besides it. But like Peleika was kind of like, well, you're gonna have to look at some points like because who else? Who else?
Speaker 1: Otherwise the spacing is going to be totally fucked Well, there's just no one else to play with that.
Speaker 3: I mean, Marcus all can't play the entire time and Dwight, Yeah, we can't start.
Speaker 2: We know that Dwight's not starting.
Speaker 1: No, they have no ability to start anyone else but Ad at the five. It's like starting at the five, Ad, and he's like fuck. So I'm really interested to see this because I think they've got so many shooters and yet are still going to be a below average three point shooting team by mid season. That's what's crazy, because there's only gonna be one good shooter on the team at a time.
Speaker 3: I think the games it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be They're finally gonna be fun. But it's also gonna be like high highs lo los, Like there's gonna be some some nights where Russell Westbrook shoots four for twenty four. Lebron is like putting a team on his back. He's maybe ice in his ankle, like you got Waynellington getting a huge minutes.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be really interesting.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be the year of the Lebron subtweet correct.
Speaker 1: Correct where he's like talking about Championship DNA. Yeah, they're all old, they're all old as fuck. It's gonna be really really fun again. Chicago Bulls, I think they're they're fun, they're interesting. Uh, Zach Lavine, I think he leaves just because, like I love the fact Caruso and Damar and Lonzo on the floor, Like you could play Lonzo at two, or you could play Lonzo one and Alex Kruce off the bench.
Speaker 2: So they've got no depth, zero depth.
Speaker 1: At this point, it's Lonzo, Levine, Damar, Patrick Williams, Vooch and then Caruso, Kobe White, Lori Markin and who's gone and some newbies and Denzel Valentine. So this is this is a fun ass starting five, and once the starting five is gassed, you've got a bunch of like schmos shmos to me, losers, let's go into it. God damn, what is going on with Golden State.
Speaker 2: I knew it was bad. I knew.
Speaker 1: First of all, congratulations to Steph getting his money well deserved. Big filating article from Marcus Thompson today in The Athletic that basically Steph is saying, Hey, if I didn't sign off and like what the Warriors were doing, I wouldn't have signed this long term deal for two hundred and fifteen million dollars. I would have just gone and lost sixty million dollars go elsewhere. That's a lie, folks, That's a lie. One hundred percent of lie. He needs to say this, that's like probably what was a part of the rider of the deal getting done, like this one on one with Marcus Thompson to say I have complete confidence in Rob or in Joe lacub and Bob Myers.
Speaker 2: You don't. You just don't, so, okay, that's fine.
Speaker 1: When I knew it was bad was when Kent Basmore took less money to play for the Lakers. Camp Basmore and Steph Curry are friends. Camp Basemore shot forty one percent from three camp Besmore got high high lows in terms of his minutes, like he had a lot of roller coaster moments and he was.
Speaker 2: Like, fuck that, I am gone.
Speaker 1: This Lakers team with guys that were in their primes in twenty twelve, they have a better shot than doing anything than Steph Curry and Klay Thompson.
Speaker 2: So that was a problem.
Speaker 1: I think losing out on Nick Patoom another sign that warned that kind of like set alarm bells a little bit. You've got guy who should go there that decided they will not be going there. They lost out on trading Kelly Uber during the season, and now it looks like they're not gonna get shipped for him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, yeah, who's taking them.
Speaker 1: They lost that on Patty Mills. Patty Mill said no, he went to the nets to me, to me, it's not good. Now they're trying to do a Joe Ingles sign and trade with Kelly Ubra.
Speaker 2: I don't think. So where is this team in your opinion?
Speaker 3: I mean it's unless there's like trades come in. I mean, yeah, it's gonna be ugly. It's gonna be ugly. There's gonna be a lot of infighting, which I mean there has been a lot of infighting, you know for the last two seasons since KD left. So yeah, no, it's gonna be ugly season, I think unless they figure out a way to move some of their young guys.
Speaker 2: And yeah, and they don't seem committed to doing that in any way.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, they don't. And yeah no I don't see it happening.
Speaker 1: I'm just very curious why more people don't see this disaster, like right in front of them. People just love Steph, they just love stuff. They just want to see him be Batman, and like he can't do that. He's so sloppy with the rock in crunch time when he doesn't have anyone around him. Like if you think Klay Thompson is going to be exactly who he was without before acl and Achilles tears, I just are on opposite legs.
Speaker 2: Like I just don't know what to tell ya.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, I mean he's not gonna be able to do it. And like Andy Luce said the other day, I mean he may be like the Clay Thompson of old, but he's not gonna be the Clay Thompson bold for thirty five minutes a game.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not, And he's not going to be a Clamps defender on the ball.
Speaker 3: Hell no on that.
Speaker 1: So that is kind of what Clay was making his money on. He got paid big money and hasn't played for two years and maybe it won't be back until January, and it's kind of like, man, I just see this being if there was one team that I could bet on, if Vegas had like the disaster team of.
Speaker 2: The year, I would bet on the Warriors.
Speaker 3: I wonder what their win told.
Speaker 2: Is going to be forty. I think they sit the line at forty. Yeah, forty three, maybe forty three.
Speaker 3: I like the under.
Speaker 2: I like the under. Forty is a tough, tough line, and forty is the line that makes me say.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 3: Forty three, I'll hop on the under, but forty forty is a tough line.
Speaker 1: That's why I think that's what it would be, all right, Milwaukee Bucks losers. Really, I just think like they should have done everything that they could to to break bring back PJ.
Speaker 2: Tucker.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think like, if you say, okay, who.
Speaker 1: Is more impactful the net series, Bobby Portis was getting DMPs and PJ was locking down Katie locking down quote unquote, he still put up fifty piece.
Speaker 2: But like without PJ on that team, they don't get past the nets. They just do not.
Speaker 1: So I think losing him will be a much bigger deal than we think. But like the Bucks are still great, they're still doing well that they didn't lose anyone really of value. They're gonna get Dante Vincenzo back from me, like, they're still going to be the favorites to go to the finals.
Speaker 2: I think again, I.
Speaker 3: Think getting Bobby back for nothing it's huge.
Speaker 2: I just like PJ a lot.
Speaker 1: I don't know whether the Portland Trailblazers care about Damian Lillard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like yeah, yeah, tough moves, no moves.
Speaker 2: Bad moves. I said this on Twitter.
Speaker 1: I said, well, they really don't give a fuck, because when you when Damian Lillard says we need to upgrade this roster to make it a championship roster, and your response is picking up Cody Zeller and Ben Macklemore and the big the big pickup being Tony Snell.
Speaker 3: These were all twenty thirteen draft class members. I think I don't know about Snell, but Zeller and mackilmore were and that's one of the noted worst draft classes of the laws in.
Speaker 1: My mouth and swallow it back in Like that's where I was, like, I'm so angry and the only way this makes sense, Like these are all pieces that you put around a championship team as role players, Like these are all guys that you're like, Oh, if the Bucks signed Tony Snell, you'd be like, oh, he could be like a Bobby Portis, Like Bobby Portas doesn't move the needle unless Bobby Portas is on a championship team, right, Like Cody Zeller, great backup guy to get you better defense than Enis Kanter. Okay, cool, cool, cool cool. Ben mcilmore can shoot corner threes.
Speaker 2: Cool cool cool? But like, what are we doing with the shooting guard position because you have CJ.
Speaker 1: McCollum and Norm Powell that both plays shooting guard one guy six y five, one guy sixty three.
Speaker 3: I know who I want to who do you want playing shooting guard?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean is it not CJ?
Speaker 1: No? I want Norm Powell, and I want CJ gone. I want CJ fucking gone. Now I want Pascal Siakam Yesterday. Like that's the move that everybody is saying that the Blazers are trying to do because Norm Powell doesn't want to play three, he doesn't want to play small forward. His natural position is shooting guard. CJ's natural position is shooting guard. Yeah, And truthfully, one guy's making eighteen million, the other guy's making thirty million, and I don't really give a fuck about the friendship anymore.
Speaker 2: I want him gone. Like until he's gone, this team is not going anywhere.
Speaker 1: This team is in eight seed, six seed, like they're gone their first on exit, Like Damian Lillard.
Speaker 2: Is gonna be so mad.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be so bad through the trade deadline and Nurkic deal that hasn't gotten done.
Speaker 2: So I'm so mad at what the Portlandreia Blazers are doing. They're doing fucking nothing.
Speaker 1: They're doing about as much as the Dallas Mavericks, which signing Reggie buck Gross fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, resigning Tim Hardaway, fine, Willie Cally signed, Fine, Bulban fine, Moses Brown whatever.
Speaker 3: Fine, it's gonna be the same team.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be the same ass team. So what are they doing is Luca Luca doesn't care. He doesn't care he's gonna get gore and dragic and they're gonna be like get just catching Slovenian vibes, just Slovenian vibes on the team, playing playing whatever Slovenian music they love and just chilling.
Speaker 2: Gross. Boston Celtics also very gross.
Speaker 1: They've just done They've just done nothing pretty much, like they're just like, yeah, we know we were terrible and we just barely made the eight seed and we got bounced in what it was a gentleman's sweep.
Speaker 2: Five what right or five so so long.
Speaker 3: Ago at this point, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yea yeah, five, And they're like, you know, you know who's gonna be a game changer for us is getting Enus cancer back and like picking up Josh Richardson instead of Evan Fournier, Like the beginning of the Brad Stevens GM legacy is off to a hot start.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Chris done. I don't hate I liked him. I mean, I mean I've kind of liked him most of his career, and going into last year, I thought he had a chance to like take a step, you know with a new team, but like he got COVID and like all that, So like I I haven't given up completely on Chris Done yet.
Speaker 1: I think he's gone. Think he's not even gonna be on the roster by the beginning of the year. That's what they're saying.
Speaker 2: You know, they're saying that they're in for another trade due to like the cap situation. So you've got a.
Speaker 1: Lineup of of Marcus Smart, Josh Richardson, Jalen Brown, Jason Tatum, and time Lord.
Speaker 2: I think that's like a six seed at best.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, it's not looking great.
Speaker 2: This is not good.
Speaker 1: No, So does anyone really can concede or think that this team can contend with the Bucks or the Nets, or with the Sixers or with the Heat like they're gonna get pounded. Talk about infighting, talk about the type of infighting that we saw with the Celtics last year. If they don't trade Marcus Smart for something now, like they're talking about Brad Stevens is being frustrated with Marcus Smart, like he needs to go. Like they do not have a real point guard on this team. No, that's probably the guy that needs to ye get bound. Yeah, no, they have no point guard. They have no point guards on then, But like you said, maybe gone so but yeah, this is not a.
Speaker 2: Starting point guard. Gross, this is this is literally maybe one of the worst.
Speaker 1: Like this is low key one of the worst, because like Portland it's obvious, Dallas it's obvious sixers obvious, but like you have Jaylen Brown and Jason Tatum and Jaylen Brown's coming off of injury. You've got two guys, legit all stars, and like there, you can't be a six seed when you have that in the East and getting worse and like you're and you have less good players like losing Kemba, losing Fournier and and losing Moses Brown, who you got like at the end of the year on that trade.
Speaker 2: I mean, at least they have aut Horford. I guess, I guess, I don't even know. I don't even know. That's not propelling you in any way in anyway, but people, you know, Celtics fans, they you know, how they feel about him. It's uh, it's.
Speaker 1: I'm I think they're really betting on getting bal and I think they're going to be very disappointed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, like, I guess everyone just assumed that Bradley Beal wants out, but it just seems like he's like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't care. Yeah, why does everybody keep thinking I'm leaving and like, I like it here?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I like DC. Yeah, he's like in the vein of the nineties early two thousand superstars that were just like, you know, I'll stay with my old team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fine. Jared Weiss, I think said this best.
Speaker 1: He said Boston is in an absolutely precarious situation with no strong course correction after last season was such a mess that the organization had to be overhauled.
Speaker 2: The one thing that it does have is a player.
Speaker 1: In Tatum who can legally tamper with Bale more effectively than anyone in the NBA, which I think matters none. They're intel informing the Beal strategy should be as on point as it gets. The Celtics sink or swim with Beale, and it remains to be seen if that works out or not. It's not gonna work.
Speaker 3: What does that even mean? Why can Tatum legally tampered?
Speaker 1: They're like best friends from Saint Louis. Oh okay, so basically they're like super tight, so he can.
Speaker 3: But they're like kind of far apart in age. But I guess that doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Beel, what like babysat or something for Tatum.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's like some crazy five years apart. Yeah, yeah, Sixers. They couldn't trade Ben Simmons, which is a PR nightmare. This is a PR nightmare. With Ben Simmons is on the roster and they play a game in Philly, it's gonna get like, I don't I don't know how I can state this clearly enough. If you care about Ben Simmons' mental health, you have to think about trading him like for less, if you care about them like, you would trade him to anywhere that would do their very best to help him because he you can't stay at Philly.
Speaker 3: No, Philly is absolutely brutal. Yeah no, And like his camp has like said, like we understand the relationship is over. We're looking to move elsewhere, like, which is not shocking. And I think what's happening right now is Maury is so used to like, oh, we'll wait it out, We'll wait it out. I'll figure out a way to get the right deal. But in this situation, I think I'm not gonna pretend I'm smarter than Daryl Moury. But in this situation, I think with every passing day, the return on Ben Simmons gets worse and worse, so it could end up just being an awful, awful offseason to the Sixers.
Speaker 1: Part of me that loves chaos wants to see him stay on the roster because there's gonna be headlines of like a revolt, like there will be things thrown at him. I'm just saying what it is now, like just put yourself in the mind of an insane Philadelphia sports fan and what they did to Al Horford and what they've done to players in the past, and then magnify that to a thousand because he basically was the reason that they didn't go to the Eastern Conference finals.
Speaker 2: So it's gonna be so so bad. They also signed Andre.
Speaker 1: Drummond to a veteran minimum, which is hilarious. Hilarious because he thought he was getting the max. Andre Drummond told the world, I'm getting the max from the Lakers, And now you take the veteran minimum on a team where the starting center fucking hate your DUTs and thinks you were a fucking bomb. This is what in twenty eighteen, Joellenbid said about Andre Drummond. I own a lot of real estate in Andre Drummond's head and I'm on my way to build more. I think those are mushroom emojis, hashtag bomb, hashtag the process, hashtag bomb is in Philly.
Speaker 3: Uh uh uh?
Speaker 1: Folks, do they not scrub Twitter before they make these moves or call.
Speaker 2: Like did Joellen be sign off on this move?
Speaker 1: No chance? Right?
Speaker 3: I mean no chance? Yeah, I don't think he's consultant for things like that.
Speaker 2: Hashtag bomb veteran minimum.
Speaker 1: They wave George Hill, which is wild because I think George Hill was the only like adult presence in the room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that one was kind of a head scratch. I don't really know what the motivation was there, Like that could have been a money thing, but yeah, I don't really know.
Speaker 1: To me, a catastrophic offseason so far for the Sixers, Like if you're starting, you're gonna start Tyrese Maxey at the one and you're gonna probably put Ben Simmons to another.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's gonna happen, but I'm intrigued to watch so far.
Speaker 1: That is all the time that we after this league podcast, we're gonna be do doing more TikTok lives. We're gonna be doing more social clips to put on the feed. Make sure you check them. Make sure you check for the schedule for them. Follow us at This League on TikTok and on Apple and Spotify. Please subscribe, please rate, please review. We also have This League hoodies on sale at the Barstool store. Also go to YouTube. We are increasing our subscribers on YouTube. Marty does a great job with those edits. You can see his face. That's the only place that you can see Marty's face. He has a brand new haircut. He looks fly, he looks great.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening. Check the feed every day for new content. We'll see you on Friday.
Speaker 5: A columnida fall, no risk it all, say hello to the big dog, say goodbye to.
Speaker 1: All the falls.
Speaker 5: Keep it a hundred and keep it on the honey, and keep it a down to certain people.
Speaker 4: So that we don't a live no no no pole pole, no no no pole pole you a slow pole all black. It would stay whoa.
Speaker 6: I'm the best, I'm the best case closed rock count rock. I ain't no joke.
Speaker 3: Give me that, give me that, give me that, give me that, give me that, give me that. I want this and now what you mean?
Speaker 2: I can't have that.
Speaker 6: Stand your lane, Lois Lana starts stirred on him, say your lame, Penny Lana skirt skirred on him.
Speaker 5: Big big, big.
Speaker 6: Big dog, big dog, big dog walk in, he walk in with the dog. I'm gonna risk it all. I'm gonna risk it all. I'm gonna risk it allee. Big big, big big dog, big dog, big dog, walk in, big dog, walkay with the dog, doll. I'm a risk it all. I'm a risk it all. I'm a risk it all. Ooh you got a risk it just to get a biscuit?
Speaker 3: Biscuit?
Speaker 6: How many licks does it take the liquor?
Speaker 4: She won the elector trapper, but she already to elect a rapper.
Speaker 6: Oh mine, Oh my, so fly Fly said, may I stay fly I stay fly.
Speaker 1: Wi just to get by.
Speaker 6: I want it all out a piece of the pie. Everybody eats everybody, and we keep all of the receipts.
Speaker 3: Swing good.
Speaker 4: We live in good.
Speaker 6: We could have made it up about the hood.
Speaker 3: Give me that, give me that, give me that, give me that, give me that, give me that that.
Speaker 5: I want this and now what you mean I can't have that?
Speaker 6: Stay a lane lowis lane a skirt skirt on him, saying your lame Penny laner, skirt skirt on him. Big big, big big dog, big doll, big dog, walk in hey, dog, walk in with the dog. I'm a risk it off. I'm a risk it off. I'm a whisk it all. Big big, big big dog, big dog, big dog, walk in hey dog, walk in with the dog.
Speaker 4: I'm a risk it all.
Speaker 3: I'm a risk it all.
Speaker 4: I'm a risk it alle