Speaker 1: Well, well, well, the Lakers have their next head coach.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of player movement rumors happening around the air and the air waves as it were. And we are going to give out I guess the third Annual Boosties Awards today, Yeah, yeah, in our two favorite categories two and our two favorite categories and the.
Speaker 3: Three favorite categories. Some may say count.
Speaker 2: So who's next?
Speaker 1: And we've also predicted a tremendous accuracy actually that we have, and we're gonna do that with one of our favorites, Harrison Fagan on today's episode.
Speaker 4: I'm Miles Gray and I'm Jack O'Brien and this is yeah Dotory got it.
Speaker 2: And looka do ch ten K and be driving Spinny from Bloch got it with five? Is gonna try another three? Mister?
Speaker 5: Look god, James, to be honest, the Terrio now time what you go?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: What's going on there? What's going on? I kind of faded there at the end.
Speaker 2: Of you know, all right, didn't sound like an intro.
Speaker 5: Hey, man, what's going on? Man? There? Not much guys, just really it just really like relaxed time of year, you know, to cover the NBA.
Speaker 2: It's you know, I don't.
Speaker 5: As far as I know, there aren't any big events happening this week. Chill for now week for that matter. Yeah, yeah, it's just yeah, I'm just to take like PTO finals are over, you know easy.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like when the season ends you kind of like you sort of it's sort of disorienting because you've just been like living at this pace for so many months consecutively, and then like it just stops and then you kind of like, oh.
Speaker 5: Right right into the Olympics. I feel that way. Yeah, in in June and July, not so much in seriousness with the draft and free agency and you know whatever, I'm I've been up since five thirty this morning, you know, just grinding away. Yow. Would you wake up to? What kind of news? What are you what are you hearing? What's on the air. I was like, nothing that exciting. I was editing mock draft that I had to go up this morning.
Speaker 3: It was Yeah, the draft will have already happened, I believe by the time this publishes. But the overall scuttle butt about the draft is like it's a normal draft. If you started a normal draft at pick eight, right, it's like the top seven just aren't there this year for some reason.
Speaker 5: It would be sort of weird if we recorded this podcast before the draft and then like something did change about how we felt about the draft that happened.
Speaker 2: They're like, like, oh my god, Yeah, they drafted Cooper Flag. I didn't. You're allowed to do that. I didn't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the drafted Bryce James. There's no way that's legal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, try give it a shot, red airback style. Didn't he draft Bird like two years early or when you're.
Speaker 5: I believe it was one year early and it was basically like the Celtics were gonna lose his rights back to the draft if he didn't come out when he did. That's amazing cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: The big move that I'm excited about for the people of Oklahoma City in particular, they got Caruso. This was like this was the big the big Caruso sweepstakes kind of came to a quiet and I feel like that was the player during the season that everybody was like, man, it would be really cool to be able to get Alex Criso.
Speaker 2: I'd love that. I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's head, it's Oklahoma and I many they're just building such a solid team it's really freaking me out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're at the point where they're going to be able to start going like ten deep soon with how many sort of just capable players that they have and how many different lineups they can close with. Caruso's obviously, and I mean Caruso's sort of plug and play and that he'd be a good fit on almost any NBA team because he's just a guy that sort of plays well off stars and defends and you know, can hit threes a little bit, but you know, not a laser or anything. But he is a guy that will sort of capably take them and make them enough. As you know, he showed for the Lakers during the twenty twenty title you know season that you would have thought would make them value him and want to keep him around for a long time. Sort of stereotypical like perfect archetype Lebron James role player. But you know, I sure he'll fit great with Shay, And you know, I'm happy for him that after getting his sort of you know, his money from the Bulls, that he gets to go to you know, sort of a more winning situation now and compete, and you know that's actually it's kind of crat I mean, I think most people know this by now, but it's that's where he started his career in the G League and so sort of has to be like a full circle moment for him to be back there. And you know, yeah, it's just one of these things where every I feel like every contender at the trade deadline last year, or at least every contender fan base was sort of like Crusoe, that's the guy that we need, that's our X factor, that's the addition that are my team one of you know, eight teams or whatever. Vuying for a title like should make for the stretch run. And there were all these sort of rumors and reports that Chicago's turning down like one two picks for him, and then so for him to go for like just Josh Getty with no picks attached, it was sort of no picks, just get him, no picks, no picks involved, and the city has like forty like they're not going to be like for all these players, what.
Speaker 2: Is this man? The guy got how many picks do you think they have?
Speaker 5: It's it's like I'm not even joking, like close to forty, like and like the Bulls couldn't gotten like a second just to like say like, hey, you know, we got to pick out of it, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, They're like, ah ah, I'm sitting on these, I'm sitting on these yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 5: The bulls are like, oh man, we're about to get away with this heights, we're getting the best player in the trade. So we we got to get away from the table before they ask us for a pick, right, Does it okay?
Speaker 2: See?
Speaker 3: Do you think they need to downsize to like, do they need to trade because ten deep is not does not a playoff roster mate? Like, do they need to get a another player for like a couple of their role players. Do you think that's the next move or do you think they're good now?
Speaker 5: It does seem like this is sort of almost setting up a consolidation trade in the in the sense that, like, I mean, I think a couple of people have mentioned this, but you know, it sort of makes lou Dort a little bit more expendable for their roster and that you have that guy to sort of go out and take the best perimeter option now, and so you could sort of use his contract alongside you know, maybe one of your other young players or one of your picks or you know, these other contracts that you have on your books to sort of maybe you know, like you're saying, make a consolidation trade. Go two for one, three for one, you know, go get someone like again, like this is just speculation, but you would be a good fit for them, someone like Lori Markinin, you know, who would theoretically maybe be available from the Jazz or like, you know, I mean every summer there's guys that become available that we didn't expect. And I think that that's gonna like I'm predicting that at some point, you know, whether it's in the draft or if it's in the lead up to free agency, there's gonna be some star that moves that nobody even knew was available. Because it just feels like this happens every year now, where someone is just sort of quietly unhappy and they work with the team and they just sort of you know, end up moving on and the team gets what they can for them. And so I would be sort of surprised if something like that didn't happen this year. And maybe Okay, see with saving up all those picks, and that's sort of the situation that they take advantage of m.
Speaker 3: Quietly unhappy is also my mode when I get into the summer. Oh watch out, folks, quietly unhappy, unhappy Nicks six Ers. Others rumored to be interested in Paul George in the event that Paul George just says to opt out or demand a trade, that would be exciting for my Philadelphia seventy six ers. Although he's not really defending these days, huh No, he's kind of past that stage.
Speaker 5: I mean, he's not what he used to be. I'm sure he's still a fine defender, but it's not okay, you know, yeah, he's not like you know, Lebron James is sort of dapping him up and giving him respect for how hard he's competing, you know, when he's with the heat type of thing.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Right, Hey, buddy, really good job out there.
Speaker 2: Really hard.
Speaker 5: I got thirty, but you know, I respect it. You're making it work for it.
Speaker 3: I'm really impressed with this young man. Oj An Andobi. This one raised an eyebrow for me. The explanation that I've heard is that he's he's just trying to like get his money. People are like his Is that a real story that people are like his? Dad is actually a like finance PhD, and so he's just gonna do what he can to get his money and that's all that's going on here. That feels like a fake story though, So I have.
Speaker 5: No idea if that's true. I just saw a tweet and so I was not going to say it on the show, but I just did bringing the real journalism to just people recording that someone said.
Speaker 2: Outside a liquor store. Now, yeah, pretty sure that's true.
Speaker 3: It really feels like outside a liquor store Caliber scoop.
Speaker 5: You know, you know his dad, you know what his dad a living.
Speaker 3: It feels like something a smoke screen the Knicks might put out there. If the if O g Anobi was quietly unhappy and you know, his eye was wandering to just down the ninety five to the city of Philadelphia.
Speaker 5: See wow, So the OG one is weird because it seemed like that was sort of going to be a done deal when he got traded, Because it just seems like most of the time when guys like this get traded, you know, especially guys that are repped by CAA and they're sort of ties to the Knicks and you know, how friendly the how well those two sort of organizations have worked together, and the fact that his agent is the is the son of the GM, and so it's like, you know, you know, hey, I would never want to suggest that anyone breaks any tampering rules or anything like that, but you know, there was a lot of people sort of just assuming that that was going to be a done deal and he was going to be back. But I think that what we're learning between this and you brought up the Paul George thing as well, is that sort of in this new cap environment with the second apron and teams sort of so worried about going over that line and not being able to aggregate in trades and losing it, potentially getting frozen draft picks, the additional tax penalties. I think that we're learning that maybe a lot more guys are going to be quietly unhappy or maybe loudly unhappy with sort of contracts that they're being offered. Where it used to just be like, hey, I'm a star or near star level guy, give me the max because you can't replace me if I leave, And now the teams are like, okay, yeah you are, but also, you know, we want to be able to make trades and have draft picks, and we don't want to have to pay like this sort of insane tax penalty. And so we are seeing like I think a little bit of sort of the hardening of the cap around the NBA at that second apron where there's not very many teams besides like Phoenix and even Golden State's going to try and duck under it, they said this summer, and so you know, it just seems like there's going to be sort of maybe less money available at the top, even though obviously that's all going to get spread around because of the BRI I to like the sort of the bottom end of the players association. So maybe that was their goal, but it certainly is not working out super well for stars just wanting you know, like a blank check thrown at them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know what most of the things you just said mean, so uh the br BR I of course.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I was. I was wearing my apron when I was watching the movie blank Check last night.
Speaker 5: Well it's kind of so you like again like in sticking with the trend of the show, like you understand sort of NBA strategery, like the way.
Speaker 3: The works if if my dad is the team owner and this is my client. Don't you think that your client is going to be especially like you better get me the money man, what.
Speaker 5: Happened at household a couple a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 3: But but honestly, like that is an extra reason that you couldn't get away with just being like, yeah, man, we'll just do like a buddy deal and I'll hook you up and then like somewhere down the line, you give me extra consideration. Like it's not like agents are so valuable that you can just get away with doing that.
Speaker 5: He'll just like.
Speaker 3: Fire you immediately if you if you're pushing that so.
Speaker 5: Well, he had already switched representation to to get to this, to get to c AA, which is again why it was thought that it was like, okay, that makes sense in retrospect. He sort of wanted to get to the Knicks and that was why he switched representation and sort of, you know, it sort of greased the wheels there. But yeah, it just seems like, you know, again like these more and more guys you're Paul George is your anenobe. They're going to use the threat of other teams with cap space to either get what they want or they're going to go into and like take the offer from the highest bidder and you know, spread talent out throughout the league, which I think is what the league wanted with this new CBA.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope for my Knicks fans that I'm friends with that.
Speaker 2: He stays with the Knicks, because yeah, yeah, they.
Speaker 5: Were like un better the lineup during the regular season.
Speaker 1: It was it was crazy, you like competitive, you like your Knicks fans, Jack, I mean, you're so you're such a realist when it comes to anything with your seventy six ers, and I.
Speaker 3: Like, we've already losing records for the next five seasons, so there's no there's no hurting me. I've just grown a callous around my heart.
Speaker 5: I personally hope o g gets so mad that he takes the mid level exception from the Lakers, just to show the Knicks like, hey, you don't me. I love that, almost doctor of finances, O g Anobi, thanks.
Speaker 2: Answer, yep. And we also were also going to get Anthony Edwards and Jo through.
Speaker 5: That's through a little bit of photoshop in your dreams. Yeah, anything, you know.
Speaker 2: I have a good photoshop I could look.
Speaker 1: I could put myself on the starting five look, I have two k dreams can happen anything else?
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, let's take a quick break and come back and talk about some coaching hires and give out some awards.
Speaker 5: We'll be right back. And we're back.
Speaker 3: We're back, and we're back, and we are certainly back. One thing that can be said of us is we're back. The Calves hired Kenny Atkinson as head coach. Love this hire for the Calves. He feels like a Cleveland He feels right like, he feels like he should work in the city of Cleveland. Kenny Atkinson, he's given you an I don't mean it to be I love. I've always Saidlandland, Cleveland, Uh, some of my I do. I've never met a bad person from Cleveland or Pittsburgh. I love everybody I meet from those two cities. My wife is from Pittsburgh. And then some of my best friends, uh from Cleveland. Love that city. And Kenny Atkinson just seems like a real salt of the earth type. Gonna you're gonna see see a team that's willing to work hard, get some dubs out there.
Speaker 5: What do you got.
Speaker 2: I love his hair, Yeah, it's sick, it's.
Speaker 1: Slicked back, anyone who has slicked back hair, I'm I'm willing to give.
Speaker 2: I'm willing to take a punt on them as a coach.
Speaker 3: His hair hasn't been dry since he was in his early twenties.
Speaker 5: Is that you think That's like do you think that pat Riley sort of like effect is like we just we saw pat Riley do that, and it's like, well, this guy must be a good coach.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's something about cause it's like, in a way, it's the simplest hairstyle, just slicking it back. You don't need any technical still, like, dude, I just get it moist, I put.
Speaker 5: The product and I just slick it right on back. He's like, I don't have time to do my hair. I'm watching film.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: The real coaches are the ones that do this, you know, go like shave their head. Go yeah exactly. It's just like no, no, no, no, we don't have we don't have time. You know what I mean time for hair? Okay, I don't have time.
Speaker 2: That's called focus. Yeah, that's five.
Speaker 5: Extra minutes of game tape that I could spend that I don't my hair.
Speaker 3: I feel like pat Riley is the only one who pulls it off and doesn't look like a bad guy from an eighties movie, though like he looked.
Speaker 5: I guess, I guess he looks like like kind of does look like a bad guy from an eighties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he does.
Speaker 3: He's like, maybe I've just known known pat Riley as an entity for too long. Yeah, he he does have Gordon Gecko, but like something about gor Geo was based on him, was based on pat Riley.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not hitting I think Michael Loveless if I remember correctly, like he said, he said he based his like sort of mannerisms or you know, like at least style on pat.
Speaker 2: Michael confirms pat Riley for Wall Street.
Speaker 5: I'm saying.
Speaker 3: The bad guys are derivative of pat Riley, whereas Kenny Atkinson and Quinn Snyder both feel like they're bad guys in an.
Speaker 5: Eighties bad definitely looks like he has said, riddle me this batman before, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, we explained in way too much detail what his evil plot was before failing to kill the bad guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh, well, Harrison, what do you think this is a This is a good move.
Speaker 2: I know some people were like, who else was in the mix? For that, Uh, James Brego froo yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: And then I believe Michah Norri from the Wolves, but it seems like he was sort of further back in the race, Like it seemed like it came down to act it. It sounded like it was going to be Barrego for quite a while until you know, there were reports that the Cavs owners sort of got a little bit more involved and liked Atkinson a lot and sort of pushed the team in that direction. And you know, I do think that he's someone that it makes sense that he's getting another shot, like sort of with what he was able to build in Brooklyn, you know, and sort of how much that those players were able to improve over the years, and you know, uh, and then sort of was forced out by you know, some of some of the player changes there, and you know, gets the reunite with Jared Allen. I guess Krris Lavert too. If he sticks around, then you know, they're they're building the old nets back, you know. Yeah, well, yeah, where's Jared Dudley, Where's I'm sure for.
Speaker 1: Being under the protective wing of Steve Kerr also helps people put people at ease.
Speaker 2: I'm sure to search.
Speaker 5: It doesn't seem like there is like a Steve Kerr coach rehab type of thing where it's like, hey, do you grind players a little too hard? Like Steve Kerr's relaxation coaching retreat in the band, And you know, all of a sudden, it's like Mike Brown unstoppable coach that all the players Brown, you know, yeah, yeah, like and then you know, maybe maybe we're going to see the same thing with Kenny Atkinson. We're like, this is this is cool Kenny. Now you know, he's mellowed out.
Speaker 3: His hair is like real, like dry and relaxed. Now he has like a little perm and he's just can.
Speaker 2: You imagine no product? He's like, oh my gosh, he came out with the natural hair. Okay, okay, mister act.
Speaker 3: His hair is like feathered like he's in a nineteen seventies cigarette commercial.
Speaker 2: Or oh yeah, I love to see that. I love to see that. What else we got.
Speaker 3: JJ you guys, Jeff James Reddick.
Speaker 2: As of this.
Speaker 1: Recording, this is this may have been coming out a little bit after because he just had his first press conference.
Speaker 5: That we saw.
Speaker 2: How do you feel, I'm I'm in the same place. When the rumors came out, I'm like, I don't not. This doesn't make me feel better. I don't does not make me feel better.
Speaker 3: Sticking with hair, how much of it is just that there's not been a good basketball coach with boy band hair.
Speaker 1: If we're going off hair, Yeah, I'm not a fan of boy band hair for a head coach. To be honest, I like, I like someone who's Yeah, I like someone who looks focused aka male pattern baldness, because it's a new youth like.
Speaker 5: You feel JJ, you look too good, You're you're not you're this is too relaxed, you know, Yeah, yeah, yeah it's And.
Speaker 1: Also I mean obviously like and we talked about this too, like when we're trying to figure out, like who's going to be the best option for the Lakers, and I just that jump from no coaching experience to the most high pressure job.
Speaker 2: It just on paper looks terror like it fills me with anxiety.
Speaker 5: Yeah, doesn't make you feel better that he's coached his son's youth basketball team.
Speaker 2: So it's like, it's not big jump. That graphic they put Cody.
Speaker 5: Made like ball in child child Anthony Davis and Lebron James, that was incredible record. What was the record though? That's the question. It was on t they actually I think he actually said in the press conference yesterday that they won multiple championships.
Speaker 3: I mean it's not nothing, guys. What kind of offense did they run?
Speaker 5: Where they run? I mean it would have been more stressing if he's like, yeah, I coached my son's youth league teams, like we came in last place every ye.
Speaker 1: Kind of the thing is like, I don't want to put pressure on these guys. Just have fun out there, you know. I don't even bring a board out.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It's actually a big time commitment that thing. And it was just kind of stressing me out. So I just let him go out there.
Speaker 5: I did the I'd rather, you know, take a step back, you know, do a little less pressure. And the coach the Lakers.
Speaker 3: I heard he's going to just have a starting five and then a different starting five for the second quarter and just like move so that everybody gets to play.
Speaker 5: Play at least a quarter. It is a so all right, pull Lebron. He's scoring too many points, man, Yeah, what happened to the mercy rule?
Speaker 2: Where you're up thirty. You're Gabe. Just let it fly, kid, Just do whatever you want. Man, Just have fun out there. Man, I love you.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean, I know he says he's excited to work with, you know, Austin Reeves.
Speaker 2: That could be nice.
Speaker 1: I would love to see Austin kind of rediscover himself together.
Speaker 5: So you know, again, he's like he's racking up guys that he's podcasted with.
Speaker 3: It's just in JJ Reddick on the hot seat. So uh yeah, well we'll see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no sources just he coaches the Lakers, so it's a very hot.
Speaker 3: Twelve minutes after I did make that joke, twelve minutes after he was hired two miles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I mean it's true. There's no that's gonna be.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, I just don't wish it's funny. I don't wish this job on it.
Speaker 5: I don't think anyone's lasted longer than three seasons since Phil right.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, no, it's been a We've had four in eight years, is that right, JABORI I think you just put them in the chat.
Speaker 2: That's that's some high turnover.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: If I'm looking at a company and the rest the.
Speaker 5: Staff went undefeated and couldn't even hold onto the job. You know, it's still problem Mike D'Antoni over him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean like there's also just so much personnel stuff that has to be addressed too, So like this is like we're we're experiencing like an omni crisis.
Speaker 2: I feel like his Lakers fans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like the coach thing. To me, it feels like and it feels like this just talking to other Lakers fans too, that it matters less just because I think there's like less hope around the team, and so it would be one thing if you know, like you know, hypothetically they're coming off the twenty twenty title, or they're coming off the twenty twenty one season. They had fired Frank Vogel dand in like some alternate universe, and they're hiring a new coach, and it's like, okay, well they really need someone to optimize Lebron and Ad like with you know, all this three point shooting and whatever. And then now they're coming off like a first round loss where you know, Lebron and Ad I think showed some of their age at times last season, although again you know, obviously both of them are still incredible, and Ad was basically as reliable as he's ever been from health standpoint. I think there's still just some sense of like if that team was a first round out and those guys were that healthy all year, Like, yeah, how much can a coach fix this?
Speaker 2: You know? Yeah?
Speaker 1: But then when you look at some of like you know, the little tapes, the highlights that fans have watched of like just the players' reactions to Darvin Ham, You're like that might have something to.
Speaker 2: Do with it.
Speaker 5: Because blocker room. I mean, yeah, yeah, it was pretty clear from early on last season. I went to an early season game against the Raptors and like, I don't think him and Lebron talked once. Yeah, I was, you know, watching, and so yeah, I just I think they needed a new voice. But I'm just not sure that a new voice will fix everything exactly.
Speaker 1: That's why again, like I'm like, yeah, fine, whatever, Like the coach doesn't, like, what, who are we going to sign Harrison?
Speaker 2: Please tell me? I've read rumors, right.
Speaker 1: I think he was in the New York Times of the Athletic where they're saying, like, you know, if what we hear like the cornerstone players would be pushing for an elite player to be signed yesterday, and.
Speaker 2: We've not really heard. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's been a little bit quiet. Maybe strategically maybe because obviously you know, you're not going to show your hand when you know there's like moves to be done. But is is there anything I can put in, you know, just in my copium bucket and it help me here copium pipe.
Speaker 5: Whether this helps you will depend on what you actually want the team to do. But I do think that they're going to end up chasing a third star this summer of some kind, you know, with they have the three draft picks. It's like, I mean, how much does that help you when it seems like nobody really totally wants the twenty twenty four draft pick, but you have at least two future ones in other drafts that maybe teams sort of value higher and will want And so, you know, does that get you back into the sort of you know, de Chantey Murray, Trey Young conversations with Atlanta once they sort of decide what they want to do. I think the reason the rumors have been quiet is because I think there's other dominoes that have to fall before you know, the Lakers are sort of able to swoop in and get involved in like the secondary market, Like where does Paul George go? Where's og In andob go? Like does Paul George sort of force some you know, sign and trade or opt in and trade to the Warriors? Like there have been rumors and speculation about, you know, and if he does that sort of who does that, you know make available elsewhere? Does Atlanta end up making a trade with San Antonio to trade back like it has been talked about and get their own pick back and set themselves up to tank it next year so they have controlled their future? Does that make them more likely to move trade or de jonte? Like there's a lot of you know, do the Nets make some sort of trade with the Rockets to get their own picks back? Does that make you know mckail bridge is available? You know, there's yeah, there's a number of count of think he would be really really good for the Lakers as like he's he would be the perfect third star. Like if you're going to go with the three star build, you got to get a third star who's like sort of a super duper role player, and I think he would be you know, exactly what they need. But again, he's not going to be available right now because Brooklyn's still trying to win. They have no impetus, you know, and no incentive to lose right now or to make themselves any worse. So, you know, I think a lot of what the Lakers, what is going to become available to them, is going to depend on what other teams are able to get done and able to because it seems like half the league or you know, seventy five percent of the league all has their picks out with other teams, so they have no incentive to be bad and sell, you know, and trade players and whatever. And so you know, how that resolves itself, I think is going to go a long way towards determining what the Lakers can do. But you know, I mean, right now, there's not a ton because it's like the st Angelo Russell leave that even if he does, they only have the taxpayer mid level exception or non tax payer whatever one's bigger, the ten million dollar one if d Low leaves, and so it's not like, you know, you could sign a gay Vincent level player for that, but it's not going to be someone that like fixes the team.
Speaker 2: We have a gay Vincent at home? Oh yeah, how's that doing.
Speaker 5: That's their big addition Miles. Yeah, they're they're notting him from last year. That's like a free agency.
Speaker 2: Addition sign It's like a new signing, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like, hey, this guy that was hurt dude, it's who's signing exactly.
Speaker 2: You know, we love we love those.
Speaker 3: Toronto signing Scottie Barnes. It's got to be toilet to five year, two hundred.
Speaker 2: Extension alpha.
Speaker 5: So that's a big that's a big extension.
Speaker 2: He's very good player.
Speaker 5: Realized there was that much money in the Canadian GDP. So that like news, like, you know, congrats the Trudeau got it done. You know, does he ever get involved? Do you think? Do you think he like calls? He's like, you gotta funny imagine like the sitting you know, ruler of a nation, just like calling their favorite sports team. Though he's like he is a big Raptors fan. He's like, so Messiah, like what do you got going on this summer? Like what what am I looking for?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 5: Like which the young guy is gonna pop to think.
Speaker 1: I mean it's happened in like Macron I think has allegedly gotten involved with trades that involved like soccer players.
Speaker 2: So it's sometimes can.
Speaker 5: You try and keep Wimby? He's like, he's like, you're not going to San Antonio.
Speaker 2: He's like, big play for PSG. Do you like soccer? Yeah? Whatever? Whatever?
Speaker 5: His I forget what his French league team name was, but you know he's a big fan of that team mets.
Speaker 2: I believe was the name of his frenchly.
Speaker 5: The Metropolitans ninety two.
Speaker 2: That's what.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, yes, yes, you know we find out Macron big fan of them. He's like, no, Weby, you're not leaving.
Speaker 3: This guy is going to be a civil war man. That's my Macron and beautiful incredible, Yeah, thank you? How you say civil war?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: So maybe some time to hand out some of.
Speaker 3: Our esteemed I think, maybe we take a quick break and then we come back and wrap the.
Speaker 5: Awards. What do you think?
Speaker 3: I say, we do it all right, We're going to take a quick break and we'll be right back for the culmination of the NBA season. Many are calling it no, not the NBA Finals. The math Posky's Awards. We'll be right back.
Speaker 5: And we're back.
Speaker 3: We're back and it's the third annual Boosti's Awards, AKA the fastest segment in podcasting.
Speaker 2: We're melding where this is a fusion fusion segment.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: This is going to be the fastest award consideration and award distribution.
Speaker 2: Segment in all sports podcasting history.
Speaker 1: Harrison, we are going to show you a couple of the nominees for what we think are maybe the best dunks of the years, the best blocks of I said years of the year, the best block of the year.
Speaker 2: Spoiler alert.
Speaker 1: They're all mvy uh and asking you who the player that is going to have maximum impact next year? Who is taking this step up? Last year we accurately chose time AXI.
Speaker 2: I mean that was this. That was amazing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was a great pick. Great nailed it.
Speaker 1: No one saw coming, No one saw coming. But here we go. I'm but first of all, Harrison, you are out for this challenge.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean you know again, you said of the year. So I mean, if I feel strongly enough I may retroactively declare one of these.
Speaker 1: Like the block of twenty twenty four years, please do no, thank you? Yeah, see you listen, that's how you'd win. You'd win squid game because I'm not adhering to what we've merely told.
Speaker 2: The first time anyone's ever said that to me.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, that's one of the best compliments. Maybe that's a new question. There's which NBA player would win the squid game, NBA player Hunger Games? Who you got, who you got? Who you got?
Speaker 2: Who's an archer? All right, Ryan, start o'clock.
Speaker 3: I think you would pick Anthony Edwards for NBA player squid game to win squid game. Maybe not squid Game, but definitely Hunger Games.
Speaker 2: Hunger games.
Speaker 3: He's got And this is a phrase I made that already.
Speaker 5: There's not that many rules, like yeah sort of you know, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Jimmy Butler, for some reason, I think could win squid game.
Speaker 5: I don't know what, So yeah, because I think he'll kind of he'd get everyone else killed and eliminated on like technicalities. He'd be like over the line, just flopping.
Speaker 3: The start red light, green light, and everybody realized their shoelaces are tied together except.
Speaker 1: For okay, so here is number one option. First nominee for Dunk of the Year, Harrison Fagan. This is Derek Jones Junior over Zach Levigne.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Widely had the link to go grab it, going to work and get a little hook shot.
Speaker 3: So when the shot goes up, Derek Jones Junior is, hey, he's been in the air for minutes. Yeah, And then the ball hits the rim a couple of times and he just holds in the air for like a split second. He just stops in the air, which is what impressed me about this dunk coming all right, that's a commendable Derrick Jones Junior commendable, as is this one.
Speaker 1: Jalen Green taking Anthony Simon's and saying, here you go, you live here now on a poster.
Speaker 2: We can wear him in any scenario. It's one thing I have learned in the last twenty four hours.
Speaker 5: Oh no, here he goes get screened one.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm sorry, Oh boy, oh boy. For people who that was straight out of NBA Street. That dunk rough.
Speaker 5: If you lose the ball and then you get dunked on, you know, was good any time, but you know, if you turn it over and then they dunk on you in transition, that's rough.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: This next one, I think many people, including us, were quite impressed with Anthony Edwards.
Speaker 2: I mean taken with him, aren't you was quite.
Speaker 3: Taken with him to bring Last of the Mohicans by the way my film heads.
Speaker 1: And while some may say it was a dubious effort on defense, I believe that this Anthony Edwards slamage is worth consideration. This is Anthony Edwards on John Collins.
Speaker 2: And only had one shot attempt in that first half. Another turnovers for Utah Edwards gets.
Speaker 6: It isn't the one where you pull the sole of his shoe and then dunks so viciously on John Collins.
Speaker 3: Uh that his finger is bending the wrong way at the end of the dunk. And also John Collins is just sitting He's sitting on the ground under the basket with his face chest.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean an early candidate for the Edwards you know Minneapolis statue that I think he's like, you know, he's on pace to earn one. I think at some point like, yeah, that's early candidate for the post.
Speaker 3: I think will his finger already be bending the wrong way when.
Speaker 2: That mod stars ask that jump too?
Speaker 1: Like when you really think about how far he was from the rim and you're like oh like, it's almost like he had his arm parallel to the floor when he actually got it in because he had.
Speaker 5: And I'm gonna say, you know, rough year for John Collins and Zach Lavine to be in Dunk of the Year consideration, but as the guy getting dunked on, Yeah, yeah, they used to be like two years ago.
Speaker 2: You know how the mighty fall. Isn't that what they say? Well, here's it in our final consideration.
Speaker 3: And when I said earlier that I'm quietly said, quietly unhappy. What I meant was, I said, on the ground with my head in my with my face in my hand.
Speaker 1: All right, final nominee is our very own Anthony Davis over Victor ever heard of.
Speaker 3: Yama faces them up? That was now he jump stops and then just like pulls it all the way back full like slow windmill, uh from.
Speaker 5: Gozilla fighting Mecca Godzilla. You know, it's like, hey, you may be the new thing, but I feel that what you know, and his arm was the original Wemby.
Speaker 2: It's like tribute physics.
Speaker 1: Like I think, again it's a very European show today, but again that one is in there mostly just because Victor Wembin Yama I mean he demands such respect when you get near the rim that it's more like for the fact that you can tell, just like when it they normally in a vacuum and it's someone else, you're like, that's really not a great dunk. But you can tell by the Lakers bench and eighties reaction that they're like exactly because it's Wemby and he's scaring all of us, like.
Speaker 5: Looks a little surprised, like, Okay, I wasn't I mean, I wasn't ready for that.
Speaker 3: They didn't usually block those huh yeah, okay, all right, soon.
Speaker 2: Should look into that.
Speaker 5: It's like I will block them for the next ten years.
Speaker 3: We'll mention which is when Wemby over Shanngoon where the Spurs commentators. I mainly liked it because the Spurs commentators you can tell they're still getting their like Wemby muscles up. They're like, oh man, someone's gonna need to get a body bag on that one.
Speaker 5: That is well, and we like it.
Speaker 1: Though we have to we actually have to play because it is. The commentary also makes this one of the dunks here.
Speaker 2: They're a little horrified.
Speaker 5: They're like Duncan never would have done this goodness, why would you do that.
Speaker 2: Little more than a halfway through the third quarter? Over checkout out the basket of the sound so cassular.
Speaker 5: Damn oh dun.
Speaker 2: Somebody needs a body bag. I like that.
Speaker 5: He sounds earnestly sad. I don't like and we love it. That was terrible. And you know, we have like an interaction with Shanngoon Pregamer. He's like you, it seems like such a nice kid.
Speaker 3: Boy, somebody needs to get a body bag. Anyways, we're still working up our muscles of having one of the best players in the league in San Antonio.
Speaker 5: I love it, though, I love it. I hope they stay that way where they're.
Speaker 3: Like, oh boy, golly, somebody call a stretcher from the ambulance.
Speaker 5: I wanted to get progressively more offended there, like whatever happened to the good old from twenty one feet?
Speaker 2: Come on? He did it again? Phil?
Speaker 5: You know, I know, I know, I know, Thomas. What's wrong with this kid?
Speaker 2: Him? Up? Good lord? Two points is two points no matter what team. You know.
Speaker 5: He's like, hey, guys, two is two okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, As Vince Carter said in that commercial, my old coach said, two points were two points my old coach couldn't dunk.
Speaker 2: And we all remember that fantastic commercial. I've never heard that line before. Oh yeah, it was from like an early Nike commercial that he had.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So Harrison, of those who are you handing out, we're allowing you to distribute this year's Boosy's Dunk of the Year to one of those lucky lucky players Derek Jones over Zach Lavine, Jayleen Green, over Anthony Simon's and over John Collins a d over women.
Speaker 5: I think just for the sheer violence, I gotta go an you know, it's you know, for him to just sort of leve it hate out of nowhere that high with that, like John Collins is already perpendicular, horizontal, you know whatever at the time, like is like halfway down on throwing the dunk, and John Collins has already been defeated, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And so I mean the Laker propagandas in me wants to give it to a d like I think that that is impressive that even but like it's not it's not better than the one. I'm sorry, I'm not the idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's lovey.
Speaker 1: I'm glad the title correct, So it's yeah, it's even we could have gotten mad at you guys for beating the Nuggets, who should have beaten y'all and maybe probably stood a chance against the Celtics and maybe prevented another banner from going up over there.
Speaker 2: But that's fine. We've moved on.
Speaker 3: I am mad at them. I'm gonna say it. I'm mad at them away I wish that's yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm mad guys.
Speaker 3: I rooted for you against Denver and you made me feel foolish.
Speaker 5: It's still Lakers twenty eighteen all time, you know. They They have the nineteen forty eight championship that was in the ABL that the NBA doesn't count, and then the I so thank you, I think, yeah, but that's two other banners.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: I mean people are making those joke tweets where they're like, does this not count for a banner for her id?
Speaker 2: But no, not really, it.
Speaker 5: Counts unless the Celtics win one. Then it's Mickey mouse and I don't believe in it, okay, and then there's no such thing. As as long as the Lakers win it every single time, it's the most legitimate championship anyone has ever conceived.
Speaker 2: Of Okay, next category, the best block of the year.
Speaker 1: And like I said, we've just been so enamored with Victor wembin Yama and how his ability to just completely affect the you know, players and the key. Now this is our first candidate because this one is on Ja Morant, who most people are like this look.
Speaker 5: Resistition of our previous block of the year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, actually exactly at least one of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and probably one of our dunks of the year too, because he's he's kind of a mainstay when we talk about going vert. But here is Victor webbin Yama. This is back from January. Uh on John.
Speaker 2: Moran's fingertips and the Spurs turnover get bad. Jared Jackson Junior. He's like, Okay, I don't worry, guys, I got this. I got just cross over.
Speaker 5: Oh what get by him?
Speaker 3: The crowd just goes nuts, like wow, he made him look foolish.
Speaker 5: And then when he recovers by putting his other hand out, you know.
Speaker 3: Block him from three steps back like so easily.
Speaker 2: And it's it's because it's.
Speaker 5: Like when your little brother and he's like four, he's trying to get past you. On the nerf YEA and yeah, and he's like, I'll let you go by, but just so you know, I'm stalking you. Why are you why? He's like, you're really gonna shoot it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it's also awesome how quickly Jah goes by him.
Speaker 5: It's amazing. But uh still, it's just.
Speaker 1: Like when your limbs are that long, you can just cover so much ground so quickly from merely.
Speaker 2: Like spring time.
Speaker 3: You know, does he jump from the circle and put it against the backboard.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Oh lord, that's unbelievable. It's like every time you notice a new detail and aby highlight, it's like, oh man, he's gonna win ten titles.
Speaker 1: Isn't he.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm ready because otherwise it's just gonna be the Celtics.
Speaker 2: And really trying to float it up high on Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I'm like, guys, I've I've been practicing. I worked on this this morning tape. I think I'm gonna get.
Speaker 2: Him and do it on Wenby.
Speaker 5: Almost didn't quite happen. Great blog.
Speaker 1: No. Next one victory blocking the freaks.
Speaker 2: The screen.
Speaker 5: That one's pretty viable.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: This one is just for Giannis's reaction to looking around to see where the ball. He's like where He's like, you, are you allowed to do that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He sort of like really this one, I like because you it's so like it's his block is so disruptive. I'm not sure if Yannis thought he was gonna actually dunk it or not, or what he thought was gonna happen here we did.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I think he was gonna Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think he's son of the league.
Speaker 5: He's just like Shack in the two thousands, you know, and he's just like shoving whoever that is ten feet back and you know, with like his force. So then just elevating and dunking it in and then it's like, wait a second, his arms are still here.
Speaker 2: He's like, this guy's arms are in the way. What what's going on?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right here, you're in the zone and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm about to yoke on you, and it just gets steered in the other direction against.
Speaker 5: He was going to dunk on him.
Speaker 2: Pretty violently helpless. Giannis looks too right here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it looks like when like at the end of Street Fighter, when you beat someone in around they're like ooh, it's kind of like what his body is sort of shaped like okay, and our last nominee for a Block of the year.
Speaker 5: Not gonna believe that. Who this one is.
Speaker 1: Back to back Okay, not the Drake record, but going back to back on Jabari Smith Junior.
Speaker 5: So far you haven't trying to make it happen that rockets first one.
Speaker 3: Sorry okay, hell yeah, and is like out of the play You're like, oh, is he gonna fall into the first row and by the time Jabari Smith Junior recovers, he's back blocking the next shot.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I mean, you know, honestly, that's a little bit on Jabbari for like he sort of was like, well, you know, two points is two points.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna put this in. It's fine, I got blocked. It's fine.
Speaker 5: I'll just like I'll softly lay this one back in and then it just Wenby was still there. Yeah, because turn around block.
Speaker 3: Yeah he did, Like yes, the first block, Yeah, he corked. Is his body as super producer Jabbari is pointing out, has to like do almost a three sixty to like get back to do it. And then yeah, he's got a great nose for the ball as like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I.
Speaker 5: Mean, He's like, I wake in my back an NBA team is ever going to get shut out, but if it was gonna happen like he against the Spurs.
Speaker 3: Right, you know, even though their defense was bad this year. Well yeah, but so who do you think should get the best block of the year. Who's getting this award?
Speaker 2: You know, it's hard. I think it's got to be Wemby. Wow.
Speaker 5: Interesting?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and how did you come to that decision?
Speaker 5: What an honor for that young man? Yeah, you know, I think I think he's just I think his season just earns Block of the year. You know, I don't it's none of the individual ones. It's just you know, that's that's a guy. You know again, you're not you're not going to want to try him at the rim maybe, you know, maybe kick it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Wenby, congratulations. We will be around to handle your your award. Just got to, you know, tell your low to let me call you. He doesn't, he actually doesn't need to.
Speaker 5: He's just going to reach out from San Antonio from my window like a hand appear on screen and it just pulls me away. Yeah, we'll give it to the honest one though, since we have to technically.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think confusion after his wins.
Speaker 3: It which the look of confusion was a you know, staple of Wemby this year from.
Speaker 5: That Wemby experience kind of look at him like give him the second like wait, what who was.
Speaker 2: It this year that really had that moment the game?
Speaker 3: It was like the first or second game where he, I think got the rebound over his back.
Speaker 5: I forget who who was on the Oh it was Thomas Bryant, tomsy Ye.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, he was my favorite.
Speaker 5: I think that might be my favorite moment of the season.
Speaker 2: It was really like but it was that wasn't over the back, he just he got genuine concern for the game. I think it's like, oh no, and then.
Speaker 1: Finally please hand out this final award? Harrison, who's next? The Mad boosties who's next player for next season? Last year again, just as if Clairvoyant, It's like, this is time Max.
Speaker 2: We totally get it, and I know we're considering is he already a superstar?
Speaker 1: I think we I think at least between Jack Dubari and I we feel actually, Max, he could probably go up another level than he has already, So we'll take him out of the conversation.
Speaker 2: But Harrison, you tell us who's next?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, it's like it's Wemby right exactly.
Speaker 2: This year, like he was already this year's Yeah. I mean it's.
Speaker 5: Just based on it way you could have watched this year and like looked at guys who didn't make the All Star team and like project any of them to make like a bigger leap or a bigger impact than him next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm so excited to see what it's got cook it.
Speaker 5: It's like you know in Pokemon, where like you know, you level up, the level them up and they evolve. It's like when he is sort of like if you used like a firestone on Anthony Davis, you know, like that's that's Anthony Davis's chars aren't like Bam is like Charmander, you know, eighties four million.
Speaker 2: Wenby's chars aren't chars are. I want to ask you one last question for Rabbit Fire. What was your biggest disappointment this season of the twenty three twenty four season.
Speaker 5: That the Lakers didn't tank the play in game to avoid the Nuggets until the conference finals. I really wish they would have done that. Yeah, it's disappointed they didn't take my advice, but.
Speaker 1: It really it really like Jack especially were saying like, I mean, this is what we witnessed, like it really was about all the matchups.
Speaker 5: It was just a really really the Suns, I guess, like if we're serious, answer like probably sure, like it just would thought they'd be better, you know then yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah really, I mean because the lady on them, I don't.
Speaker 5: Think they were like, oh man, they're the favorite to come out of the West after the trade or anything. But no, you would have thought they would be better than they were this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely absolutely, all right, Well that those are all correct answers. Is Harrison Fagan, Thank you so much for joining us on Myles and Jack on Mad Boosties.
Speaker 2: Always a pleasure to have you. Where do the people find you? Follow you, embrace your work.
Speaker 5: You can find me on Twitter at h M F A I G E. N. I will be tweeting, uh, you know too much during the draft during free agency, uh, making some jokes about J. J. Redick being excommunicated from the content space.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and hang up the mic, hang up the podcast, Mike, Yeah, yeah, no, I mean it's going to the rafters.
Speaker 2: Like he's in the send it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Lebron's gonna have to get a new partner in crime. He love talk trash about jo right here.
Speaker 5: Right here and new partners.
Speaker 2: Yeah you Miles and Lebron. I would listen to Miles. Jack got mad Boosties. I don't know why does he get Todd Billy?
Speaker 3: Yeah he's and also you need to see a little bit him to you know, actually qualify for mad Boosties.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, like a Game of twenty sure, you know, but yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: We'll play knockout. We'll play knockout. I'm cold blooded at knockout. You through your physical primes. I think you got it. Like I mean that that old man, what's he gonna?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 2: Whoa easy? Easy? I mean I'm three months older than Lebron James, you know what I mean? So you know you know what we look. Thank you for you, thank you. I still need to go to Turkey. I wouldn't have guessed you were a day over thirty five. Oh you're too kind, you're too kind.
Speaker 1: Well, you can find us and follow our hashtag hashtag Mad Boosey's b w st I s on Twitter.
Speaker 2: That way you can find show updates, any new content and also, you know, join the Discord server.
Speaker 5: That's some fun.
Speaker 2: Convo over there, and you can find me at Miles of Gray.
Speaker 3: I'm at Jack Underscore. O'Brien, that's been another episode in the books. You said we couldn't do it, but we did make it to one and twenty. Look at you, you look ridiculous, just hating on us. No wish and we'd stop. Wish and we'd stop.
Speaker 1: I don't understand what you're talking about on that podcast. Well we're talking ball, okay, and it's Matt Boustie's. Thank you so much for listening. We will see you next week.
Speaker 2: Bye bye.