Speaker 1: You're listening to The Buck Sexton Show podcast, make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Hey everyone, Welcome to the Buck Brief. This episode, our special guest is Matthew Marsden, actor and filmmaker. You will know him, no doubt, from Blackhawk Down, which I have heard described by some of the most elite special operators of all time as the most accurate war movie they've ever seen, so at least modern war movie they've ever seen. Also from Rambo, the most recent Rambo movie with Sebesi Sterlone, as well as other films out there. Oh, the of course Atlas Shrugged. Right, weren't you in the Atlas Shrugged as well?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man. How's it going, dude?
Speaker 2: How's life in Texas with your with your like fifty kids?
Speaker 3: Tell me what's going on?
Speaker 1: No, it's great. I mean I love it here. You know, the state is amazing. It feels it feels like freedom every day. You know. That's the great thing. It feels like freedom. And I don't have to like dodge homeless people in the streets. Yeah, so that's that.
Speaker 2: It's always I'm guessing you haven't missed La living all that much.
Speaker 1: No, you know, I miss I miss my friends out there. Although you know, nine families from my community moved out here, you know, from my close community moved out here, so they all moved to this area. But apart from that, now I don't miss it at all. I mean, it's it's really it's it's quite something. You really you don't realize how actually oppressive it is, you know, until you until you get out of it.
Speaker 2: You've never met you've never met my dog, Hey, ginger, come here, let's see if on the podcast here for a second.
Speaker 3: I guess people can only see her.
Speaker 2: They won't be able to hear her unless she starts barking, which would be bad.
Speaker 3: Do you have any dogs?
Speaker 1: I don't, you know. I have kids. I always say that, you know, a clean up enough poop every day from that from them. But we did recently have an acquisition of rabbits.
Speaker 3: You have under that.
Speaker 2: She's under my desk right now and now she's eating my feet because she's a puppy.
Speaker 1: Ow.
Speaker 3: But you've got rabbits. What are rabbits like as a pet?
Speaker 1: Well, you can always eat themless it goes wrong, right, I mean that's the bonus. But they're actually really sweet. They leave these lop eared rabbits and they just kind of sit down. They look fluffy, and that's about it. And that's what I wanted. I didn't want anyone like, you know, like I said, my kids cause enough terror and chaos in this house for me to have, you know, throw an animal in the mix. That would just be not very smart at all. So so yeah, I'm just just kids.
Speaker 2: So see, I have an Australia. I have an Australian Labradoodle, so I would like to think that she has a cool accent like you, even though technically she was born in North Carolina.
Speaker 1: So right, Yeah, a lot of people don't realize that was Australian Shepherds are actual the American dogs. But you know, my sister has like a double doodle I think it's called, and it does look like a giant toy, like a giant like kind of animated toy. It's amazing, good looking dog. But yeah, I had a Rottweiler a few years ago because that was in my family. While he was in my family, but it's it's just not practical with all these kids. You know, like I said, they cause enough. You know, I always say that my kids should actually be drafted into the army because it'd be great to have like the Marsden Battalion and just drop them into areas where they can just destroy stuff, you know, just come in, just wreck the place. And my kids are really good at doing that.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: We have the have you seen the new Star Wars lady who is going to be directing and what I'm talking about, and she has got this thing about how she wants to make men uncomfortable. Tell me what is your what is your analysis of how Disney can risk even one of the most valuable franchises they have.
Speaker 1: Well, I think part of the issue is people don't understand like how deep the indoctrination goes, right, how deep it is. Part of the issue is they have absolute contempt for the audience, which in any other area, any of the sphere, you'd be in a situation where you would never ever say anything like that. I mean, can you imagine like Nike coming out I mean, I know they did it kind of with a kaepenic thing, but can you imagine someone coming out and saying, hey, listen, I want you to feel uncomfortable. And the funny thing is is the majority of people to watch those movies as well a men or at least boys, right, And so what you've got is identity politics just destroys everything. I know, you know that, but I mean, look, when I very first came into the entertainment industry, one of the main things that I was told, and I knew it anyway, because it's just common sense, is don't alienate your audience, right, don't go out there and give them any excuse not to like you and so and look, you know if the left haad and come for me, I would never have said anything as an aptit to kept a down low, you know, kept on the download, because you don't want to alienate people. What they're doing all the time, they show contempt. It's so weird. And this is what I've been saying to a lot of conservative don is it's actually an opportunity because they're not making good movies anymore. They're not making movies that have really great storylines with anyone, with things that characters can overcome, right, which is that the old you know, the tried and tested a model for stories on the whole. You know, you have a person there's to have become these obstacles and then they become better for it. Well, what Disney has done, Disney, Marvel and Star Wars underneath that banner is all they have now is a bunch of girl bosses that are just perfect in every way, shape or form and way better than men. And they don't overcome anything, they don't learn anything, they don't move forward. They're not better for it. They're just massively overpowered. And part of the reason buck is they're doing diversity hires, right, They're not hiring people because they're good anymore. It shouldn't matter, right, it shouldn't matter how good. And you know, people say, well she won like that particular director one two short documentary Oscars, Well, let me tell you I've made two documentaries. I produced one and the other one that it didn't end up going out is they're two very very different animals to motion pictures. Right. So, but you have to ask yourself, why are they hiring these people? And why wouldn't you fire someone that will come out and say I want men to feel uncomfortable as a human being. Why would you want that anyway? But why would you want to filmmaker to do that. I don't understand it. I don't understand number one on a business level and number two on an actual personal level. Why would you so imagine you're an actor. They're going to be male actors in this film. And that woman just turned around and said, I want men to feel uncomfortable. So the actors are they're going to feel like, oh no, no, not then, because they're special. Okay, what about the cinematographer as well? No, not then. Okay, So your statement's ridiculous on the face of it, and he shows that you don't have any kind of whatever. However, she's however, while she's done in the past, there's clearly a bias in there that's going to influence her filmmaking, and I don't see how it's going to be good at all.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, well, I want to talk to you about the movie that you're making, by the way, which I'm sure is going to be very good or you're going to be a part of.
Speaker 3: I should say, are you making it, are you in it?
Speaker 2: Or both?
Speaker 1: It's done, it's done, it's done. Done.
Speaker 2: Ah, this is what we call tease in the business. We're gonna get to this in a second. Yeah, but first from our sponsor, is there a change coming to the US dollar this year? Former Wall Street insider Tiketchwari still very much of the belief that it could and will happen this year. He thinks the biggest risk to Americans is not a spreading war in Ukraine or the Middle East, but the security of the US dollar. He's so adamant on this point that he's published a video online with all the details, including how you can prepare and how you can actually prosper from this.
Speaker 3: So what do you have to do?
Speaker 2: Well, if you want to listen to ticket Swari, go to move your cash now dot com to learn the three steps you need to take to protect and grow your wealth in the coming months and year. That's Move your Cash now dot Com. Or you could end up holding a bunch of dollars that aren't work what you think. They are paid for by Palm Beach Research Group. Go check it out today. All right, tell us about this movie.
Speaker 1: Well, I can't say too much about it because I'm under an NDA, but it is let's put yes, sneaky, but the audience of your your audience is going to absolutely love it. It's basically based on a true story of corporate corruption in an area that you we might have had certainly for me, I might have had some controversy over the past couple of years. But but let's put this Andy Wakefield, doctor Andy Wakefield directed the film, so that should give you some kind of an idea if you know anything about his history, and he's he's an amazing guy, absolutely amazing guy. So yeah, I'm hoping that it's going to shed some light on some areas that we seem to have just moved on from that we haven't really explored, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Amazing movie, vague, vague, not read in on this for everyone yet, you know, Secret Squirrel, YadA ya, but going to be amazing put Secret Squirrel.
Speaker 1: I like this, it's gonna be amazing film.
Speaker 3: But probably the best.
Speaker 2: Where some people are saying the best movie that Matthew Marsden's ever made. He's a great guy, Marsden, fantastic, you know, like amazing guy, Like maybe gonna work for me one day in the White House.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Even people that don't do impressions of Trump have a Trump impression because he is so emblazoned.
Speaker 3: Into the minds of the American people.
Speaker 2: Now, like you just you start thinking like, probably the best you know, he's he's he's amazing. Some people are saying yes, yeah, like Chris Walkin, right, what's the last you know? Christopher Walken is also a very unique character and has uniquecharacteristics. So Matthew, let's talk to this general movies. I I went to a movie recently and first Soul's Ferrari and I hated it.
Speaker 3: But I don't know if you've seen Ferrari. I thought it was I thought it.
Speaker 2: Was shockingly horrible movie given the subject matter, which should be fascinating and really interesting, and it was just garbage. And I'm not anti Adam Driver either, some people just don't like him as an actor. I think he's good in some things, not good in other things. But it was it was a crappy movie. But this thing of thirty minute long intros now of commercials and trailers. I I tweeted this out of the day. I was like, it's like the it's like the movie theater industry is tired of dying slowly and so now it's just having a pillow smothered over its face. And people are like, wow, that really seems to be true, like I'm never going back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I mean it's it's uh. I just look for mainly the people like us especially have families, professionals like we don't have time to sit there and sit through all those ads. And you know, I do understand that the movie industry has really been hit hard in the theaters, especially over the past few years, and they're really struggling. It's a wonder any of them are still still operating, to be honest, I mean, you know, but that a lot of them now are saying I don't want to go through distributors anymore. I want to go directly to the filmmakers, which would be which would be a really great development because those distributors are a lot of the gatekeepers, which is why you don't see a lot of movies that you want to see. But yeah, I mean I want to go and watch a movie, especially when you know we have Netflix and you can just press a button. Or my airports are dying. Can you still hear me?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, keep going.
Speaker 2: We're almost We're almost at the you know what, me let me just say, let me say a word. A word from from our final sponsor so that way, if you cut off entirely, you know it's all good. Look, we need this, we need this, probably the best time in history for this. A new company with a new membership officer. It's from a company called Patriot Defender. It's league defense for you and me, the commy need need most. Look, it's a no cost legal defense to your protect your rights, freedom's reputation, and your way of life.
Speaker 3: Speak up at a school board.
Speaker 2: Meeting or about vaccine mandates and suffer the consequences of the lib cancelation. Your legal defense is covered. Your right to free speech is deny, and you suffer consequences. Legal defense is covered. Patriot Defender is where you go to get this set up. Go to patriot Defender dot com. That's patriotdefender dot com. They'll also provide you with IRS audit assistance. If you have to use your your firearm and self defense, they'll provide you with self defense assistance Patriot Defender dot Com. Become a member. I'm a member. I've partnered with these guys. I really believe in what they're doing. All right now, Matthew, the best movie you've seen in the last year. We'll let you close it out with this.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, you know what, they haven't been the many. I don't think there have been that many movies that have really like moved me in any way, shape or form. You know, it's sad that I don't really get excited about it. But I will tell you the one movie that I watch a lot, and I just think it's an absolute masterpiece. I mean, I did watch The Equalizer three last night. I did watch that. I love Denzel in everything that he does. I thought that was it. I thought the screenplay was a little bit modeled, but you know, you still like Denzel going kicking ass with all the bad guys. I like that. But my go to is nineteen seventeen. I just think it's Oh yeah, I just think it's just an absolute masterpiece of a film. On every level, it's just brilliant.
Speaker 2: Matthew Mars did everybody continue to follow him, look for his great work, and talk to you again on the podcast next time.
Speaker 3: She'll Die