Speaker 1: Wild, how how far the little fingers can fit into the outfits.
Speaker 2: You know. That's why I was telling that. I was like, well, they used to use them world for this job. This is why people had babies in the olden days, janky electrical.
Speaker 3: Babies to reach into all the electrical equipment and machinery.
Speaker 2: To reach into the floor furnace. Because my vape pen slid through the grate, you can.
Speaker 3: Get all the way up in that fucker. Man, it's gonna have been there. It's not gonna burn them. But the part he touches probably not even that. Maybe that's hard.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, no, no, get out of there, Get out there. That might be too far from me even Yeah, you're right, you're right. You're right, you're right.
Speaker 3: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three point fifty, episode three of Dirt Alley's I Guys Say Production of iHeart. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness.
Speaker 2: And it is Wednesday, August seventh, twenty twenty four, eight seven. Oh what would that be? It's Purple Heart Day. It's National Raspberries and Cream Day. Also, I don't know what this animal is, but it says it is national sea serpent. Oh, no, that's a snake. For a second, I was like, that's a very long fish. Like, no, it's a sea serpent. Now is that a real thing or is that a biblical thing that you're also national? There's the ar.
Speaker 3: Fish that is an actual animal that they suspect was the inspiration for the sea serpent.
Speaker 2: I see icy, Yes it is. It is a fantastic creature. So yeah, hey, look, if you're on the season, you're seeing shit. It's your day.
Speaker 3: If you're on the season seeing shit, congratulations today we salute you.
Speaker 2: But only today. Any other day.
Speaker 3: You're out on the season, you see us sea serpent. Give it to your talk to somebody else. I don't give a fuck, all right.
Speaker 2: To that weirdo in the lighthouse because you both had your day yesterday. Okay, that's right. My name's Jack O'Brien aka.
Speaker 4: Can't stop addicted to the catch gig swayed top. She says, I'm gonna win big, choose not a life but masturbation late text gloves in case my Mima comes in.
Speaker 3: That is courtesy of Bottles and Fans and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Jd Vance RHC JD Red Hot Chili JD Vance rh JDV. I think that's good RHJDV And in fact, I think that's what bottles and fans wrote on.
Speaker 2: Red Hot La devive exactly JOI divvy a little.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles Gram Miles Gray k on.
Speaker 5: A man on a man on a man on a really hot a man.
Speaker 2: He loves a hot a man, y'all. Okay, I just thought of that in my garage because the AC is out and everything still, everything is JD vance. We will not let go of the misinformation because it's all about you know, it's the vibes, and we believe.
Speaker 3: We could move on to eyeliner, but we're not going to because I actually don't believe he's wearing eyeliner. I just think he has those lashes them.
Speaker 2: I said that from the beginning. He's got that natural eyeliner thing going on, you know what I mean, a lot of people loved you know. I tried many supplements to get my eyelashes to be that thick, and nothing works.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I wear eyeliner, sorry, And that's why I wear thick mascara.
Speaker 2: That's why use sharpie, because I'm a man who doesn't know about makeup. Ye do my makeup with magic marker. Yep.
Speaker 3: To quote Christine and the Queens Miles, we are thrilled to be joined in our third seat by the creator and co host of the Awebby Award winning podcast Unladylake and the creator and host of the new podcast Conspiracy. She wrote, it's Kristin, Hello, welcome back.
Speaker 5: Thanks for having me back.
Speaker 2: Oh, of course, of course, it's good to have you. It's a I know we were talking about heats in our respective recording spaces. Is it's Is it already the temperatures are getting up there for you too? Oh yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm in an attic, in an unair conditioned attic in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, you know, no, you shouldn't be there.
Speaker 5: That's my commitment to the pod.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that, but get out of there.
Speaker 2: I am, oh my god, in an unair conditioned garage in the valley where it is so hot. Also just differ. Yeah, we're all contending with the elements at the moment. But it's so funny. I was wearing a black T shirt and then producers just as like, bro, you should maybe put on like a white tank or something, not a black shirt like that might And I was like, you're right, you're right. I need to I need to have as much as my skin exposed. So this is not my normal podcasting uniform.
Speaker 6: Will have you know this is it's usually a full suit and tie, right, yes, absolutely, yeah, of course, of course we're a black tie podcast, not a basketball jersey wearing podcast.
Speaker 2: That's right. Well, you have a new show about conspiracies conspiracies. No, no, let's just yet.
Speaker 3: But it's about conspiracies involving women. It's about conspiracies.
Speaker 2: Spread by women. Yes, which I refuse to acknowledge happens. Yeah, you're all in on conspiracy misogyny like yes, only men, yes, only men.
Speaker 5: Only to come up?
Speaker 2: Yeah wait wait so how did you kind of like land? I mean, I feel like conspiracy is always intersect with the zeitgeist and things like that, but like, what were you looking at? And You're like hold on, man, like this is a completely like we need to be talking about conspiracies in this completely different way.
Speaker 5: So what I have done basically for my entire podcast career, I make shows about women, talk about women. I'm always asking like.
Speaker 2: Where are women?
Speaker 5: What do women have to do with X, Y or z. So that's my baseline. And in twenty twenty, during like peak pandemic q andon spread, a friend of mine was totally q pilled Oh wow, and randomly presented to me as if I would be interested some very wild QAnon conspiracy theories. And this was also when I don't know if you'll remember hashtag saved the Children.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and.
Speaker 5: You know Wayfair child trafficking conspiracy theories popping up everywhere.
Speaker 3: And these are the theories that people were trafficking children via like ordering furniture on Wayfair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this four thousand dollars is called Natalie.
Speaker 5: Right right right, and Ordinatalie must be a person.
Speaker 2: Because it has child inside. It comes with a free Natalie.
Speaker 5: So that was I mean, that was in not to be too on the nose, that was in the zeitgeist. I was really shaken to my core when all of a sudden it was literally like sitting socially distanced across from me, and so I asked the question I always ask, where are where? Like what is going on with women? And conspiracy theories. Surely there's a bunch here. Because my like in my mind at the time, the stereotype I had and it is still somewhat kind of true to form, is that conspiracy theorists are Alex Jones types, shady Vance types, you know, just like like angry men yelling, And it turns out that it's a lot more nuanced than that. And women and play I think a really essential kind of gatekeeping role in mainstreaming conspiracy theories, because if we look just at QAnon, I do not think that it would have had the like power and spread that it did if it had not captivated so many women who then started spreading it through their Instagram feeds and their mom groups and yoga circles and.
Speaker 2: All of that.
Speaker 5: And it really kind of shined a spotlight on these kinds of spaces where conspiracy theories can can also thrive in that kind of you know, spirituality wellness adjacent to anti vaxer sort of space.
Speaker 3: So that's where I'm here in the right. You're just looking to fill that hole for a woman conspiracy theorist. You're going to be the woman Alex Jones got Okay?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, actually maybe more like a woman Joe Rogan, because he's thinking a lot of money. I think Alex Jones down financial troubles. Yeah, I want to make that big money and get Netflix special that will not leave anyone's screens.
Speaker 2: Ever. So I was to watch that to see. I wanted to see with my own eyes. But then like this second it started, I was like, I have so many and I can't do this. It turns out yeah, yeah, I did not have the fortitude for that, but I think I might.
Speaker 4: I might.
Speaker 2: I might break later. You know, you never know.
Speaker 3: All right, Christ, We're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of the things we're talking about today. We're going to talk about the deep steaks have happened, and she picked walls. Maybe she picked walls.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 3: I was relieved. I was like kind of a little bit surprised, a little giddy.
Speaker 2: Were very surprising.
Speaker 3: We're gonna, yeah, we're going to talk about the pick you want to win Democrats it feels like they might want to win, Yes, okay, so we can talk about that. We're going to talk about how the Republicans are responding. We're going to talk about jd Vance's childless cat Ladies comment. Because he made it, it's still kind of resonating out there. His wife tried to make sense of it, and I don't think it helped that much. All of that plenty more, But first, Kristen, we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history that is revealing about who you are?
Speaker 5: My Google search history result is summer twenty twenty four nail polish colors, which I'm sure is at the top of y'all's search history too.
Speaker 2: I already knew. I go into every season knowing what the color palette is going to be.
Speaker 5: But yeah, you're prepped.
Speaker 2: Wait, yeah, so what's the end? What's what are we? What's what's the summer? What's the summer for the for the fingernails?
Speaker 5: And this year so well the summer colors, I mean, bold red is always in and a lot of honestly, it's really boring a lot of like pale pinks and neutrals and then some greens here, I'll shook it. Where's my? Oh, I don't have my That's what I I went with a soft green. Yeah, we're like a slightly super shade than a mint. And what this says about me is that my new podcast is launching this week. Okay, I'm talking to you, right, and I've got you know. I'm excited, but I'm also anxious. And what I do when I'm both excited and anxious is I paint my nails. I find a new color, and I paint my nails because it is the one thing. I'm sure you'll have things like this where it's like all I can pay attention to for like ten minutes is just painting these nails. And it's just a it's just a mind kind of a mind release, a little a little meditative break for a moment, and I get a popa color on my nails.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like it puts you in a flow state. It sounds yeah, you know, don't like that, Yeah, yeah, yeah I do. I mean recently I started like drawing more and coloring more, which again I think and it's probably similar to painting your nails because like I'm a bit of a perfectionist, So like staying in the lines is like very important. So like having an activity that's like stay in stay within the lines. And I'm sure like with It's funny. I remember watching like my mom or like my grandmother paint her fingernails and like when they mess up, I'm like, oh God, like I would be stressed out. You're gonna have to clean that up, like it's all over your cuticles, and like it comes off easy, and I'm like, Okay, Well I'm a child who doesn't know they have perfection. Yeah, ooh you fucked up? Yeah, can you tay breathing down my neck? Please? But yeah, no, I have that. And driving. I also like driving that also a lot, because it, you know, acquires a bit of skill and focus.
Speaker 3: Like I like to like do laundry fault laundry pick up ship around the house after my kids, you know, oh, tidying something, just a little tidying, Yeah, a little bit of tidying.
Speaker 2: My mom loves doing dishes. She hates cooking. She'll always be like if I like cooking, She's like, just let me do the dishes. She's like yeah, she's and she's really good at cooking too, which is wild. She's like, no, it's the dishes. I like just like it, you know, like if she has people over and people are like, oh, let us help you she's like, no, I want them all to myself. No, like truly, She's like these are mine? Like you back up. So yeah, it's it's always interesting where people find that. But yeah, it's always good to know what brings that out of you.
Speaker 3: I wish mine was like carving things out of wood or you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but listing.
Speaker 5: House, that's that's so helpful and productive like.
Speaker 2: Mine is not that I'll say that like I have to like be like do I got to and I'll like, I'll do it later, and then it piles up and then yeah, I'm in there for but actually takes a lot pretty quick to fold things. So yeah, yeah, what is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 5: All right? I don't want to step on our upcoming segment about JD Vance, but I gotta say, there's a lot of talk going on about childless cat ladies these days. Underrated? Can we hear it from the childless dog ladies?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, seriously you.
Speaker 5: Better say you better say yes because you're talking to one, right and I'm here to say that, Yeah, I'm ruining population. The population as well.
Speaker 2: So you have no sociopath because you have no it's so what do you say? It's like theopathic because you have no steak in the future country.
Speaker 5: I have no community. It's only me and my dog. I don't even talk to my husband, you know, we I'm just I'm really just stay in this attic and I'm just waiting for my uterus to wither so that I can no longer be a contributor to our GDP.
Speaker 3: I care about other people without a biological imperative. It makes no sense.
Speaker 2: Truly, truly, what's your what breed is your child? We say that sounds like some slavery shop, like this child? Yeah something old?
Speaker 3: People ask me and my wife we.
Speaker 2: Have mixed race child? Can I see the teeth?
Speaker 5: I have had to ask my mom to not refer to me as Brewster's mom, Like Mom, I I I fully get like I'm a human. He's a dog. He is like a Maltese poodle mutt. Okay, he just looks like a like a little mop right right right.
Speaker 2: That sounds adorable that he is. And was it named after Punky Brewster Brewster's millions.
Speaker 5: I don't know what the inspiration was where like where it came from, but I like Punky Brewster. I'm gonna claim yes that they were somehow seated there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love Punky. Oh yeah, yeah, I don't know why I brought up Brewsters Millions often talk about.
Speaker 3: I don't I didn't even like know what Brewster's Millions is about. But when you said Brewster was Buster's Millions, like my brain just completed that as Brewster's Millions. The eighties really wanted children and the elderly to be friends.
Speaker 2: Just yeah, I think.
Speaker 3: About Punky, Punky, mister Mayogi, Doc Brown. It was endless. There was just special strokes, a special bond between the elderly and children in the eighties that I don't know why because we haven't really done it since then, have we. Has there been like a major film where like the core relationship was little Miss Sunshine that's a family. Yeah, that's true, right, but like her and her grandpa. I mean, it really isn't even about that, but that was like I was.
Speaker 2: Like her and her grandpa. Yeah, I don't know. Yeah. Lord of the Rings massive.
Speaker 5: Of Punky Brewster fans, and Lord of the Rings.
Speaker 3: Twighlight, the Ultimate one because of the Age of the Vampires's age.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just more. Yeah, we're still doing age gap relationships. You're just making them more fantastic. What is something that you think is overrated? Christmas?
Speaker 5: Okay, controversial take, But Noah Lyles is one hundred meter Olympic photo finish yesterday I believe to win the gold. I'm calling it overrated, specifically the photo finish of it all because it took me too damn long and too much Google imaging to figure out how how he was the one who won.
Speaker 7: Because the video of it, yes, yes, and I had to Google too long to figure out because I'm not a runner and I didn't know that it's who's ever chess crosses the line first?
Speaker 2: Not photos of the finish that I've seen don't show his chest crossing first. I'm like, what the fuck is happening here? Which of the lines is the line we are supposed to determine? You know what I mean? Like it's the I guess what they're saying is like, here's the first line. This is when Noah Lyles crossed. Okay, so that's why his is first. This is where Cashane Thompson's crossed was there so truly like, but it's so close that it becomes a philosophical question of like what is chest and like is it the center of your chest, is it? The shoulders could be seen as top of chest like the tip of the nip right exactly? Yeah, what like do we had to put like sensors on everyone's nipples now to like do you have an agreed upon can you game it? If you rare your bib higher? I don't know.
Speaker 5: It is tone some kind of.
Speaker 2: Madonna style, but it's like it's actually very aerodynamic too, just like you bra, Like what if you just like padded a sports bra and went out there? Like I think they do have rules about things like that, but yeah, well I don't know. Look, it takes someone that.
Speaker 3: I've known, I've learned, and I'm kind of an expert on this.
Speaker 2: It takes a Donald Trump of Track to really bend the rules to see what our what our limits are for folks, what's even happening here?
Speaker 3: But even is a chest exactly when you guys watched it was there like they cross the line and then he says Jamaica has it, and then silence for thirty seconds. Because I saw a replay and there wasn't silence, and so it made me think that I like got some sort of defective feed the first time around, but what do you mean really? Like it was like the guy said, Jamaica has it, and there were maybe maybe there was like a sentence or two after that, but it was like total silence until Noah Lyles like took his thing off and showed it to the camera and then we were like, oh, so he like they didn't say he won, like you had to like put that together. It was and I was like, oh, did they cut the guy's mic because he said, did you watch it live?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I watched it live. That's weird. I I didn't think the feed went out. I just remember that. I remember hearing commentary in between about how they're now looking waiting to see like this, Like this must have been close.
Speaker 3: Maybe it was just so tense it shut up like no, like is there no sound coming in?
Speaker 5: You're asking what is chest?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What what is chest? What is chest? What is chest? Yeah? It is wild though too to think of just how close just everyone else behind them was too, Like Red Curly was also right in there also, and it's like, yeah, dude, that's sorry, that's a bronze medal and you're like I thought, I I don't say I felt like I maybe beat the fastest guy on earth. Maybe not No, you're the third fastest. Now go sit down.
Speaker 3: It all feels a little it all feels a little arbitrary. Like there there was a gymnastics floor routine did you see the gymnastics floor routine medals, where like they gave what what an American like a score that put her him forth and then the like as they were getting ready to go on the podium, like the US coaches appealed and they were like, actually she's in third now like this like Romanian girl just got kicked off the podium. What weeping devastated? Yeah, oh wow, it was high drama in the Olympics.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's how Jordan Child's got Oh I didn't.
Speaker 8: I didn't even know that. I did not know that. Wow wow wow wow. Okay, but yeah, it all seems somewhat arbitrary. But hey, always happy to have a jingoistic USA medal being more.
Speaker 2: For sure, for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about.
Speaker 1: Walls and we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 3: And word came early yesterday morning that Kamala Harris had chosen Walls and not Shapiro.
Speaker 2: And yes, big, big, upside, Kelly, it sounded like too that Shapiro was in third after.
Speaker 3: From sources inside the Harris campaign. That's what people from the news. Yeah, yeah, that Kelly or.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think we're all shocked because I think most of the time, when it comes down to like the stretch and election years, with something high stakes of this, you're like, and when will the terrible miscalculation occur? Where everyone was like, I'm not an expert, but I think the freaky guy in the Jason mask isn't the best VP pick. And they then the Teddy Bear, uh, and yeah, they went with Tim Walls, who again, like a lot of unions were saying like this is that we like, we prefer this guy, and a lot of people came out to sort of voice there really like more came out to really support their support for Walls and saying like we don't want Shapiro. But I think it was interesting to see it's like, oh, so is someone on the Harris campaign like on the ground of earth, like talking to regular people and not consultants all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was just I was so.
Speaker 3: Fully convinced it was gonna be Shapiro, just based on you know, a lifetime of seeing the Democrats like be on their Clintonian triangulation thing, you know, where it's just always attack to the right to offset any hint of progressive policy, because progressive policy is a monstrous liability in the eyes of the mainstream media. And so that became like there was a lot of energy behind Shapiro. Obviously he was like the betting favorite. He was the mainstream media's like chosen pick, or like the one that they seemed to be like, this is the one that makes sense because Harris needs to apologize for her sins of being progressive in the twenty twenty election, right, and it just feels like the Democratic Party almost always falls for that. And yeah, just seeing them fall for that year after year after year, it was it was a big It was surprising to see them. It's like, are they letting them do more than like the right thing more than once in a row?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seems to be the take of some many people on Twitter, like two good decisions from the Democratic Party in a month straight.
Speaker 6: It does feel weird not to like, you know, use fantastic word already.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think these guys are weird. They're doing the right thing. Over another.
Speaker 5: I really thought that it was going to be Kelly. I mean partly because of he has some name recognition and the astronaut factor. But after I listened to an interview with Walls over the weekend, and now I'm not surprised at all, because it was I think the first time that I have ever heard plain spoken progressivism, like that mix of like midwestern kind of Minnesota nice. But he's talking about like fully left wing policies, but in that kind of in a way that I would usually hear from like a GOP candidate.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean? Yeah, right, Like yeah, really like it's talking about policy without like you're sort of getting to the heart of policy, without getting into the wonky bits of policy where I think a lot of people this is what's also interesting is like the labeling of like progressive or radical, because like Tim Wallas is doing a lot of great progressive stuff, Like is he radical? I wouldn't say he's radical, but again I think that's what I think. What's good about his appeal is that he puts a very normal face on stuff where people like school lunches and he's like, yeah, so kids can have a full belly so they can learn, like, you know, like that's his response to attacks like that. He's like, yeah, so if that's it's like wacky, then sure, dude, Like I'm fucking wacky because I believe these things. And yeah, I think that along with his like very just like laser focused articulation. Even though many people like like have been talking about how odd and weird the Republicans are, it was his way of saying it that just stuck in a way that still has like Republicans on the defense or they're still like, we're not weird, okay, but my daughter's objectively the hottest woman on earth right like, uh huh, okay, go on on.
Speaker 5: The only concern I have that I'm sure a thousand like armchair pundits are tweeting about right now is that they just can't it just can't make it the weird campaign, you know what I mean? And I think I get the sense that the Harris campaign knows that they have to be they have to walk a fine line with.
Speaker 3: That, but yeah, you can't just do it over and over and yeah.
Speaker 2: I think like because I think the fully weird campaign would have just been a slight evolution on Biden's previous campaign, which is like democracies on the line, you fuck get out there, where the same version is like like just gesturing to Essentially what the Democrats have to do is just to gesture to their right and be like see that. Hmm. I don't know policy over here, not going to really talk about it because that's so weird over there. This at least rhetorically, is trying to at least sort of be about values, like with her talking about freedom and like we're not going back that it still allows them to kind of draw from that well of being like, well, we're not them, while also hinting at like some shred of progress. And I think that's where I think a lot of people myself include, are like, now let's hear what these policies are, like what does this and what is this administration going to stand for? Because that's the next hurdle that they have to overcome. But I think picking someone like Walls was really great. And also like I'm just hearing him talk about like football, You're like, oh yeah, this guy, like he could even like just go on some bro podcast talking about how you turned a high school football team around to like one of the worst teams ever to like a state champion that I didn't know that. Yeah, he was like a high school football coach like before, Like he's he's got like which is like a local version of an astronaut, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, I mean he's Friday Night Lights coach Taylor.
Speaker 2: Yeah without the Yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: I only watched a couple of episodes, So you know.
Speaker 2: Is that not where it took place? Was it not in Minnesota? I think I was thinking Varsity Blues where John Voight was the coach. Oh yeah, he was a creep.
Speaker 3: He continues to be a creep John Boyd.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, of course, of course. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But like the so his home town Star Tribune was like, here's what you can expect from the Republicans. Here, here are his weaknesses, they say. Expect to hear plenty about walls of support and signature on a raft of progressive policies passed by the DFL controlled legislature in twenty twenty three. In one session, this legislature enshrined abortion rights into the state constitution, provided free meals for all K through twelve students, regardless of income, and made Minnesota a sanctuary for those seeking gender affirming care. But those are abortion rights are extremely popular, Like free meals for kids is extremely popular. Like these are the But this is that mainstream media sort of understanding of how politics works, where everybody is actually secretly on the inside a centrist Republican, you know, which doesn't really make sense because if that was the case, why are none of the why have none of those centrists for publicans remained in politics anymore?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 3: Yeah, specifically been run out of the entire industry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's he's like again, I think the other good part is that he comes without the sort of like a lot of baggage that would take over like a lot of the policy discussion or just administration discussion, like Wi Shapiro given his comments, especially like with student protesters and things like that that were protesting against the genocide and Gaza and things like that, that to have someone like that where it doesn't immediately come to the forefront and now like activate sort of like what was kind of beginning to fracture whatever coalition the Democrats are trying to build, Like is just like good, Okay, you have momentum now. I mean, obviously the questions are still going to be asked of, like you know, what this administration's policy will be in regards to like Israel and things like that. But at the end of the day, I think they they they at least they took a vibe check and were like, Okay, I think I think this is We'll keep this going. Plenty of people on Twitter who just like, they're like, I don't like to treat you know, uh, politicians like celebrities like, but I loved him and I just met him four hours ago, and yeah, And I think it speaks to how deflated a lot of people felt going into this election prior to Biden dropping at work. I mean, you know, we were pretty resigned to being like it could go either way. But it feels like Trump is firmly in the driver's seat and this is definitely upended that. And I think because of that allowed you know, the Harris campaign to look at who the VP pick was outside of just being like, we have to win Pennsylvania, because like with the polling showed a lot of other places suddenly were like, oh, we're in we have other paths now. It doesn't purely have to go through Pennsylvania. Although that's obviously a big bonus.
Speaker 3: And also, as we talked about, VP does not secure their home state most of the time, like it doesn't make a statistical difference in terms of like bringing the VP and your performance in that home state. So how are Trump and his side dealing with Walls? They pretty well, I'm assuming like they're probably just like, yeah, they're fucking it up, dude, with how.
Speaker 2: Cool they are. A Kaylee Mcananey, who you know, used to be the former Press secretary. She was on Fox being like, oh, they're cheering in mar A Lago and I was like, and that's where I needed here, Like Ron Howard's voice pop in. She's like they were actually crying because like you know, it's I think again for like for people who hope to Nazee Donald Trump be president and you're like, oh, this is a pleasant surprise. This guy goes Like a lot of people are like, is Comala gonna cave to the left by picking Tim Walls, And like most you're like, this is this isn't caving to the left in the way you think it is, because he clearly has so much more appeal like to other like the like larger electorate. But when the announcement came. Trump sent out a fundraising email immediately with this subject header, Tim Walls will unleash hell on Earth. That's what the fucking subject was. It goes on it says, quote, He'll unleash hell on Earth and open our borders to the worst criminals imaginable. He'll rubber stamp Kamala's green new scam and like trillions of dollars on fire. But the real killer, he's already pulled in millions in dirty cash to buy the White House. None of this makes sense, Like what dirty cash about the White House? He's a rubber stamp. You say that about a congress person. He has no vote, so what is he rubber Like? That's it. That's that's an attack you put on someone who just will vote in whatever policies of But he's the vice Okay, sure, Well it's.
Speaker 5: Just I like the selective use of all caps because it is all caps hell on Earth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it's.
Speaker 5: True talking about here, and it's just kind of an ai madlibs of Fox News buzzwords.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah. Some people were pointing out, I think it was in the Daily Beast. They're like, it feels like this truly was a mad lib or like whoever the pick was, they were just gonna be like Josh Shapiro will Unleash Hell on Earth, Mark Kelly will Unleash Hell on Earth, like that was all they had. And then you're like Tim Walls, like the guy we've seen like holding like hugging a pig and like hanging out with his dog, the guy who is like a high school teacher and football coach. And then like you know, there's this image of when he signed that school lunch bill, like where he's surrounded by smiling children who are like like genuinely excited to be near him, and you're like this guy him hell on Earth for who? So this is definitely not like the coastal like lib they were prepared for and that they really the only VP person that they were even prepared to talk about was Kamala So you know, even like the latest polling from like Republican Polsters has Trump losing more ground to Harris and like now they're like in a statistical tie in Pennsylvania. So he's there aren't a lot of wins coming for Donald Trump, and that's probably why he had to come up with a new terribly scathing insult for Kamala, which feels like a bit from Arrested Development. I hate to keep evoking arrested Development here, but he says people vote with their stomach and food is now at an all time high because Comma blah Biden incompetence, Comma blah, okay, And you're like, what with them in charge, it will only get worse? And most you're like, this is one of these like adderall typos or something. What the fuck is this? Then he goes on next paragraph, Kama Blah has stated over and over again that she wants to defund the police and without question ben fracking, no more fossil fuel. This will quadruple the cost of energy in America. Depression anyone, not a question, but a stag depression anyone? Depression anyone?
Speaker 5: Okay, saying the quiet part out loud at that point.
Speaker 2: The president anyway, cammlah blah, Harris, Comma blah Harris is afraid to debate me on Fox News. Comma blah is the worst VP. That's what's in the tank right now for them.
Speaker 3: Yeah blah commah blahs blah bloc.
Speaker 2: Yeah is where.
Speaker 5: It is so just dog whistley racist to my ears and eyes. And I'm not surprised that this new, searing, new attack of Comma Blah came right on the heels of his appearance last week at the National Association of Black Journalists, Right if she questioned her identity and just lost his fucking mind on camera? Yeah, and uh yeah, I like, what what is that even suppose is that supposed to be like Comma.
Speaker 9: Blah like blah? Is that what he's trying to get across? I think that's like such her look isn't hitting. She's very blah. She's she's not stunning me right now.
Speaker 2: I mean he doesn't. It's all it really like, it's hard to make sense of what it is because it used to be what crazy Kamala Lion Kamala laugh like laughing, and you're like what art Like, huh these all sound like like cool people to hang out with you laughing. Kamala. Yeah, she's crazy. Yeah, she's crazy. She's the lion. Lion actually has more teeth to it than Comma Blah. But again, that's why I think, you know, his worst instincts are just going to get even worse because he's trying. He's like, Okay, it sounds like the racist misogyny isn't doing as well as I thought, So what about Kama blah? And then he'll probably be like fuck it, I'm going I'm just gonna go radioactive meltdown and just just continue with like the new Birther rhythm. Shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is the food thing? Like the food thing seems like a potentially good angle for him to not I mean bad for Democrats, but you know, it's that that is something that's noticeable, is that food's more expensive now than it used to be. But he immediately dropped that defund the police, ben fracking.
Speaker 5: Well you got free lunch guy now on the ticket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, he wants to lunch. He does look a little bit like, uh, the Big Lebowski, like the old old Lebowski. Real men men also crying.
Speaker 3: That's my that's my one concern for him. Looks too much like old Lebowski.
Speaker 5: What will be Trump's nickname for Tim Waltz, because it does I feel like that one is rich for you know, Tim is a very rhymeable name. He got Walls Walts.
Speaker 2: I mean Tim, I don't know. And he's like not a tool.
Speaker 5: Of a man who children like to hug Tim y.
Speaker 2: Oh, no, you're like Santa. What it's like, people, that's.
Speaker 3: Something that you still believe in in your age, in your age, coolhort, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Ever?
Speaker 3: When he was like talking to a twelve year old, like, that's something you're interested in.
Speaker 2: Right right, I'll patch you on the head like a dog now because I know how to be around kids. I mean, like, but to the point with the high growth, like the food prices, the FTC, I believe yestera Or on Monday announced that they are going to investigate food prices at major grocery stores just to be like, what, like what are y'all doing? Like what's going on? So yeah, they at least, I mean, I think that would probably the response from Democrats is like that is something they're looking into. But then at the same time, would Donald Trump said and be like, we need to rein in these corporate profits. They are breeding us dry with these food prices, because again, it's easier to just be like Kamala Harris wants the food prices to be high, and that works with most people who are not thinking critically at all, and sure like it doesn't matter what he says, because they'll always him, but to anyone else, they're like, like, well, from but who benefits from high proof And like it's like Kamala Harris made a bunch of money off food prices being high. Those are the companies that sell the food and make the food that are that are reaping those profits. So yeah, it'll it's it sounds like it's still a very very shaky time over there. But again, this is what scares me is that this makes it for me so much more of a realistic thing now that they will the Republicans will do anything possible to subvert the whatever the outcome is, Like if it if it does end up that Kamala Harrison to Walls end up winning, that feel like this feels like they're really going to prepare. That's the outcome they're preparing for. It doesn't matter anymore. And the fact that like all of their usual attacks aren't working just feels like that's just gonna put more investment in the subversion part of it, the delaying part, the refusal to certify results part of it that I think has like true potential to be really fucking chaotic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which, and we talked about yesterday that a democratic election official was like, and they are somehow like more prepared for this than the Democrats, even though the Democrats are in power.
Speaker 2: They I don't think the comment was that they were more prepared compared to the Democrats, but compared to twenty twenty, when it was like this scattershot thing of being like, we don't like this is someone do you know someone there that can gum it up? Where now they're like, we have people in place to fuck it up, right, right, but.
Speaker 5: Yeah, basically getting lawsuits lined up to file and to stop yeah count.
Speaker 2: And I think observers are like from the Democrats side to are just as aware of like you know, you'd think, I don't think they're going to get caught off guard, but who knows. Maybe the vibes are so good they're like and they're just gonna have to accept that people love Tim and Kamala and we'll move on. But the way they keep talking to their audience is still like we're only losing if they steal the election, and yeah that's and plus like I it's true, like you look at like Jared Holt, who comes on the show a lot, who does a lot of like right wing like observing and analysis and monitoring. He's like, he's like the thing that's also kind of wild is like the maga world is truly kind of like fuck yeah, like have are we like behind now? Yeah? And how that manifests or metastasizes into something more sinister. I think that is yet to be seen, or maybe that's just part of the playbook we have not has not been revealed to us from the Republicans yet. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The statement from the Democratic election lawyer Mark Lis to Rolling Sport, I think we're going to see mass refusals to certify the election. Everything we were seeing about this election is that the other side is more organized, more ruthless, and more prepared. So whether that's in comparison to the Democrats or in comparison the last time, it's.
Speaker 1: Bad either way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean again, and this just the the L after L that is being like taken just feels like another reason for them to go like fuck it all, like fuck it all, like fuck, who gives a fuck? Like this is like we're too invested in like this fantasy takeover that they've been that's been swimming in their heads since last fall pretty much when and I think.
Speaker 5: That the all the right wing weaponizing Biden stepping down. How it's a kamalakup. I mean that is also playing into this, you know, denihilism, which if you know, obviously if Democrats when because that's the other thing. The vibes feel very positive right now for this hot second on the left. But it's not like she's run away with anything at the polls.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, exactly exactly, And we'll see what this VP pick does and how that affects things. But yeah, like it is true. I think that's what's also just weird is it's been what a lot of like fuck since like twenty fifteen, basically, you know, because like even with Biden, it was like yeah, man, like we just got to fucking get this fucking guy out. Man Like, yeah, fine, it's Biden, whatever, you fucking stop this, yeah, pinch my nose. Yeah, And people were fully prepared to do that again. And now like for it to be like wait, like the kids are fucking with this. You got like you got more unions getting behind this. There's a lot there's just that it. Yeah, that level of positivity has been not I feel like it hasn't been this sort of tangible in a really long time. Yeah, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: If Trump continues to call her coma blah, I feel like we're in trouble. I yeah, yeah, you know, she's not stunning, she's failing to wow with her look like is that what he means blah?
Speaker 2: Like I don't know, man.
Speaker 5: Well, and it's kind of contradictory to how what a what a radical she is?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: Can you be like a radical a blah radical?
Speaker 2: That's right? Yeah, it's like are you a threat or are you uninteresting? Because you can't like sort of drum up this like these feelings of like imminent danger. If it's like, oh, there's comma blog.
Speaker 3: It's such a childish it's like during while someone's talking, being.
Speaker 2: Like woo me me, me, me me me, Yeah, yeah, being like you're boring.
Speaker 3: It's what my six year old does. Oh it's so bored. Anyway, all right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back. And we're back and the other VP pick on the other side of jd Vance has gotten less enthusiasm online than I think they were hoping for. Definitely less than walls Where where I'm looking before? Are you looking?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: His twenty twenty one comment about childless cat ladies like Kamala Harris AOC and Pete Boudhajeg has kind of become a rallying cry for Democrats, So he's he's like just feels like he's constantly in damage control.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He tried to go on Megan Kelly's show last week or her podcast, I should say, and claimed that his casual misogyny was only directed at Democrats, not.
Speaker 2: Not any other catleid. Just those three they're bad. Yeah, yeah, they're sociopaths. Not our cat not our beloved cat ladies. Yeah, not you guys.
Speaker 3: He just has the energy of someone who's been given just endless benefits of the doubt his entire lifefe and he's just like, yeah, no, I said that thing about cat ladies, but not you, babe. I was like talking about other cat laid who don't like have kids, but not you, even though that describes you, and like, up to this point in his life, it's just like worked out for him. Yeah, so you can just kind of ride with it. But it feels like he's kind of pissed off a lot a lot of people. Reportedly, forty seven percent of adults over fifty without kids say that they're unlikely to have them, and sixty four percent of young women who don't have kids say that they simply don't want them. And this is just another example where the GOP are clearly the hot dog meme guy just being like somebody crashed through that window in a hot dog truck because Republicans have been slashing federal funds for childcare and education and then complaining about people who choose not to have kids.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and also we have to mention the like maternal health prenatal health impacts of Roe v. Wade being overturned all of their policies. I mean, women are scared to even even if they might want kids, they are probably scared to even try because if there's a pregnancy complication, like you might not be able to get help right now.
Speaker 2: Like I was just like hearing from like in Texas too that because of the laws there, like a lot of OB's are not practicing in the state, and that is leaving a lot of like like people who are like like thinking of pregnancy. Like, dude, there's like an OB I can't see for like another six months because there's like they're only one in for miles around because so many people are afraid of what the laws are going to do if anything happens under their care. That now, yeah, like to your point, it's like prenatal care is like coming out of premium in certain states because of just like the lack of access to even doctors who are like I'm the risk is just too fucking high for me to even practice fucking medicine, which is obscene. But yeah, again, please tell us about how this is the party that you want to, you know, help families and it's not about just going backwards in time to control people's bodies like that that surely can't be it surely right.
Speaker 3: And just to like say the quote up top, this is this is what he said. He said, we're effectively running this country via the Democrats, via our corporate oligarchs, by a bunch of childless cat ladies who are miserable at their own lives and the choices that they've made, and so they want to make the rest of the country miserable too.
Speaker 2: Who are the.
Speaker 5: Childless cat ladies in power?
Speaker 3: He's claiming Kamala Harris, because she's a step mom, is a childless cat lady.
Speaker 2: Right, and that kids don't count right, kids don't fucking count.
Speaker 5: Yeah, does she own a cat?
Speaker 2: Maybe irrelevant because it's like again, it's like all this like perceptions. I don't know, dude, I don't even know she's got I've never seen her with a baby. She's one of these like bad people Pete buddhaj Edge because he's gay, but he has each they have a child, So I don't know where that goes. But again, I think it's just merely just to be like lumping people together to be like, you know, like gay liberals or AOC types of people who think they can, you know, go to Harvard and then talk bad about me. They're the bad ones. They are the ones that we really did look at. But I think, like, statistically, it is an odd comment to make because a lot of people are like, let's crunch the numbers real quick on the cat lady thing, like does this does this have an effect on electability, like in a measurable way. So it's like in Arizona, where Trump only lost by ten thousand votes in twenty twenty, reportedly two hundred and thirty six thousand, seven hundred of the state's voters have cats, and at least ten thousand of them are women, So what are you gonna do now, Like in Pittsburgh, the second most populous city in Pennsylvania, nearly nine percent of women have cats. And yeah, like then there's like, well, I think we talked about this when he first said it, like the swifty thing, because everyone's like, our godhead is a cat loving person without children.
Speaker 3: We have actual she must hate America. Yeah, she doesn't have any reason to want the future to continue, want America to continue into the future.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a kid. Yeah, yeah, I don't know. I mean, what do you think, just generally, do you think cat people or dog people are more politically engaged if you had to, if we had to make a generalization. I'm just trying to think because I like, I don't want to be like, I don't know. I feel like cat owners might be pretty savvy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as as a childless dog lady. I and this is no reflection on myself in my own political engagement, of course, but I think cat I think cat ladies.
Speaker 2: I think cat Yeah, cat people. Yeah, the cat people would be like hold on, man, Like I'm I pay attention to things.
Speaker 5: I like it, and they're like, I have this pet because I can leave it for extended period, can poop on its own, Like I can just leave a big old dish of food out, It'll portion itself out. Like you know, they they're thinking ahead.
Speaker 3: They're not using that freedom to just go out and like vote constantly and get out the vote, knock on doors.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I was finny to vote, but I've gotta have my dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if that might be the new thing. They start saying, like dog people are the real Americans and like pitting cat and dog, and it's like what if you have both both? No such thing, there's no such thing. It's in either or situation in America.
Speaker 3: One Taylor Swift fan chillingly claimed that jd Vance has quote secured his own demise, which like I love, yeah, talking like more terrifying than like an offended you know Taylor Swift or you know just yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. They're organized, they get organized, they get organized, and they're vocal. But then like there's also this thing too where obvious this had a ton of fallout because people like what the fuck, Like this just again shows how regressive and like one dimensional like Republicans thinking are just like on any person that lives in this country that his wife, Usha had to go do like a like a very controlled interview on Fox because obviously, like that's what that's there for. It's like, let's pretend this is spontaneous, but merely this is a platform for you to rebut something terrible that your husband said. This is her talking about like what this is what? Lets let me just explain JD really quick. And I don't know if this makes much more sense, but again, this is Usha Vance talking to Ainsley Earhart on Fox about what the cat lady comment actually meant.
Speaker 10: There are a few comments that are out there I have to ask you about. In twenty twenty one, j D said, we are effectively run by a bunch of childless cat ladies taking aim at government leaders who don't have children.
Speaker 11: What was your reaction, Well, I mean I took a moment to look and actually see what he had said and try to understand what the context was and all that, which is something that I really wish people would do a little bit more often. And the reality is he made equipment service of making a point that he wanted to make that was substantive and it had actual meaning.
Speaker 2: This is such a like lawyer preamble that like my hairs are standing, uk, I get it. Yale edged like you're such a Yale educated lawyer that you first start up like it's really important that like we're able to like look at the context of like, okay, what the fuck all everybody listening to this should be ashamed of themselves just off off job, yeah, yeah, okay, go on, go on, counsel.
Speaker 11: And I just wish sometimes that people would talk about those things and that we would spend a lot less time just sort of.
Speaker 3: Going through.
Speaker 11: This three word phrase or that three word phrase, because what he was really saying is that it can be really hard to be a parent in this country, and sometimes our policies are designed in a way that make it even harder. Oh, and we should be asking ourselves why is that true? What is it about our leadership and the way that they think about the world that makes it so hard sometimes for parents? And that's the conversation that I really think that we should have. And I understand why he was saying that.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, first of all, motherfuck.
Speaker 3: He was saying that he was like trying to big up the welfare state, like he was trying to get people like parents more help. That was what he was like, we should give people more paid leave. That's just time on child tax credits, expanding child tax credits. I did not see that at all. We need her to like read, do more readings. That was like a psychic reading level, like stretch.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: Actually, so here's if you look at the first letter in each of the words and then you create a word scramble out of those, right, then yeah, it's like that.
Speaker 3: That couldn't have been further from the general vibe of what he was saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm also unclear how a the childless cat ladies, but also I'll even toss in the corporate oligarchs, like how's that making your day to day life as a dad really hard? Because I'm also gonna guess jd Vance is doing minimal childcare.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's Oh did you hear that quote about shut the hell up about Pokemon? No, he says, dude, yes, hold on. He was on the fucking bro podcast, the Full Send podcast, where Tucker Carlson was talking about his love of fucking zin pouches. Oh yeah, oh, this shit is wild because again jd Vance fucking sucks. So this is him like surrounded by like that like weird fucking Seltzer, like happy Dad or whatever the fuck it's called, like happy Dad Seltzers. And he's talking about how he missed, like the call from Trump that he was going to be the VP because his kid just this is this is this is how he tries to relate to some like childless dudes.
Speaker 12: So hey, I'm like, oh no, So I call Trump and I'm like, hey, sir, what's going on.
Speaker 2: He's like, jad, you.
Speaker 12: Missed a very important phone call and now I'm gonna have to pick somebody else. And I'm you know, I like tense up and almost have a heart attack. And the crazy thing about it is my son, who's seven, is in the hotel room with me, and he's really into Pokemon cards right now. He's going through a Pokemon phase. Are you guys into Pokemon back.
Speaker 2: In the day. Yeah, that's a big phase right now, I think in general? Yeah yeah.
Speaker 12: So, I mean he's really into it. So he's trying to talk to me about Pikachu and I'm on the phone with Donald Trump and I'm like, son, shut the hell up for thirty seconds about Pikachu. Is the most important phone call in my life? Please just let me take this phone call.
Speaker 5: So wow, such a cool guy. I mean, he's he's so funny. All those guys are so funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Like his way to like relate to is like, hey, man, I can be a dismissive absent father too. You can get my kids. Man.
Speaker 5: Don't you know he doesn't say hell? You know, he said shut the fuck up?
Speaker 2: Right? Hey, why don't you shut the fuck up about Pikachu? Do you know how important I am? Do you know how important I am? Go on, mister president. Yeah, I got him to shut the fuck up about right you also, sorry, man, he's talking about all the evolutions. But yeah, like so you don't think he's an involved dad that guy? Can you shut that?
Speaker 3: But he's just again he would you get this little fucker out of here talking about Pokemon or whatever?
Speaker 2: Or you think he does a thing where he's like, hey, your son's talking about Pokemon again and bothering dad. You are one thousand, you know what I mean? That old that old move that I've heard before, Like you're.
Speaker 5: You sound like your mother?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, talking about that or expanded child tax care credit child care credits, or you know how difficult it is for people to be like, it's so funny. Again, all of these things are so much tied to quality of life, and like the social safety nets we have in the United States, which again the Republicans are for destroying all of them, we need we need an expansion on these kinds of programs, like you know, like at a minimum, like what about a living wage? Like that also affects people's calculus. Why would it's very difficult to even want to have a child, to bring a child into the world when you yourself are struggling to have your most basic needs met. So to have that come from a party that stands for making life as hard as possible for everyone except billionaires, it's like you're talking absolute horseshit. And I think that's why, like everyone just kind of sees he just has this like vibe of like trying to reflect like whatever he thinks that people around him are gonna want to hear. So it's like, all right, I don't lean back. We're talking about zim pals and stuff. They're gonna love how I'm like, dude, shut up about Pokemon, am I right? Guys? Yeah? And then like deep, then like what he takes his clown makeup, but like off at night. Every night he's just crying in the mirror because he's like, yeah, become this aberration. I don't know what it takes.
Speaker 3: His happy clown makeup off and there's a sad clown makeup underneath. She has the same thing that Ivanka. Ivanka is the daughter, right, not Ivanka.
Speaker 2: Had remember who he's married to.
Speaker 3: It's a right in which one of those Yeah, there's like this cognitive dissonance where they just like have a box, like a black box in their head where like horrifying policy, like authoritarian white supremacist policy goes in and like out comes this like weird reinterpretation that makes it a like progressive policy that they can like live with. Like I remember her doing that like in speeches back before she was like distanced herself from the whole operation. But yeah, that was that was a stretch, Yeah, to be like, Yeah, I think what he meant was it's hard to be a parent and the government doesn't help us enough. Well, what do you think he wants more paid parental leave and more support for parents?
Speaker 2: You want this to be the literal nanny state? Right? Okay, my god, then bring it.
Speaker 5: And she's kind of just advertising him as a really shitty communicator, because what she had to say over and over again was well, if you if you look at the context, what do you really meant to say?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 5: You know? What I mean, like, she's having to translate for him because apparently he is such a poor communicator, not even off the cuff. When you are writing something so practiced and publishing it on X that you then need to have someone like backfill that. Right, No, that's not really working, but it does. I mean, I do love ano. You know the trope of the wife who has to translate for her misogynistic husband. He is carrying on that tradition.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, which might be the most relatable thing. It's like, yeah, I'm related, I'm married to a ship bag. Can y'all relate?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Am I right?
Speaker 1: Lady?
Speaker 2: All the women at the Republican rally, Yeah, she's doing open mic ship She's like, these guys are fucking babies? Am I right? Ladies? They're like, he can't even heat up milk? What the fuck is wrong with this guy? I don't know, but yeah, I mean like that's funny the milk again.
Speaker 5: Also three word phrases calling in a three word phrase, all of the three, you know, the different three word phrases, just.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, what are the other three? I'm like, what else? Lumping like before that is like, you guys are just weird. Certified couch fucker, Yeah, certified couch fucker. Yeah, it's just like, yeah, convicted sex offender. You know, these are just three word phrases that are meant to completely rob us of any context. And what my husband meant to say is we need more social safety net programs or parents and we need to actually have an emphasis on prenatal care for expecting parents. That's all. That's all. Oh is that not on the platform? Okay, okay, well then you got me.
Speaker 3: Well, kristin such a pleasure having you on the show. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 5: People can find me? I'm gonna say follow conspiracy. She wrote, Yeah, yeah, go listen to that brand new podcast It's conspiracy. She wrote on TikTok and Instagram, and you can also follow me at unladylike media. This was so fun. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and is there a work of media that you've and enjoy?
Speaker 5: Okay, I have a recommendation for on Tim Waltz. My introduction to Tim Walls, if you want a really great conversation with him, is the recent Ezra Cline Show interview with him. This is such a dorky plug, I know, but the episode title is is Tim Walls the Midwestern dad Democrats Need? And I'm recommending it because I had I really had no idea this guy was before I listened to it, and by the end of it, I was contemplating should I move to Minnesota?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Minnesota is having a moment right now, like Minneapolis for sure. Like I've been I've been eyeing Minneapolis with a little, you know, twinkle in my eye of all the bike lanes, all the just I keep hearing the great control the gun for kids. Yeah, yeah, what is this bullshit?
Speaker 5: So I'd like, I'd like to recommend Minnesota. Actually, that's the beast of media.
Speaker 2: Amazing. Miles. Where can people find you as their working media you've been enjoying? Yeah, find me on Twitter and Instagram at Miles of Gray. You can also find Jack and I on our basketball podcast, Miles and Jack Got Mad boost these. You can find me talking ninety day Fiance on four twenty Day Fiance. Oh and guess what. I'm on the latest episode of the Illustrious Lacey mostly Scam Goddess podcast, So you'll catch me on Scam Goddess again. For people, I people think we have beef Lacey. It's gonna be for this some people.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 2: I kind of message the other day it's like Hey, It's like it's like, is everything okay with you and Lacey? And I was like, Lacy is very busy. She's what we call popping. Yeah. So as much as I would like to have her be a regular guest, sometimes we got a pencil on the schedule, but no rest a shirt. She will be back. She's just just doing really well and we love to see that. So a couple of tweets I like. First one is from at Platini Underscore nine to five four that says the craft was just juice for goth girls and I'm like, yep, I totally feel that. Another one is from at four to twenty Weed Team tweeted no, babe, I like yours, you actually have a huge advantage. At Pole Vaulting, and then at Girl Draws Ghost tweeted nobody, and then RFK Junior I stole screws from the Challenger. The amount of RFK junior weird tweets that have come out are fucking next level, all because the guy was just trying to take home some baby.
Speaker 3: Bear, just taking home some baby bear meat. Some yikes, you know.
Speaker 2: Young, very normal, very normal, very normal.
Speaker 3: I was showing my kids and my nephews the Challenger video today to give further context than that. No, they just asked me. I don't know why. I guess they like they hurt. They're like, Dad, can we see the Challenger disaster?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And I was like sure. And then my sister got home and your kids were like, we watched the Challenger video and she was like, I guess that's what uncles are for. They knew what was gonna happen. And my oldest nephew was like, yeah, it happened seventy two seconds in, but they knew what happened, So I figured might as well.
Speaker 2: They're acting like yo, put that Ninja Turtles tape on, Like the kids aren't like, yeah, go go to seventy two seconds in. Yeah, yeah, go to go to the fifth frame, yeah right there, right rings Yeah wow.
Speaker 3: Anyways, bad bad uncle, bad dad.
Speaker 2: Well I couldn't get them to shut the fuck up about Pokemon.
Speaker 3: I had to you want you want more of this?
Speaker 2: I'm about to be on a podcast. Can you shut that hell up about Pokemon? For here? Watch the Challenger video.
Speaker 3: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien. A couple of tweets I've been in joying. Cooper Lawrence tweeted, oh you want a gold medal at the Olympics. My watch just congratulated me for standing up, and then David Lynch tweeted, ladies and gentlemen, yes, I have emphysema from my many years of smoking. I have to say that I enjoyed smoking very much, and I do love tobacco, the smell of it, lighting cigarettes on fire, smoking them. But there's a price to pay for this enjoyment, and the price for me is emphazima. I've now quit smoking for over two years. Recently, I have many tests and the good news is that I'm in excellent shape except for emphysema. I'm filled with happiness and I will never retire. I want you all to know that I really appreciate your concern.
Speaker 2: Love David Wow. I liked the.
Speaker 3: Statement involving him just being like God smoking as great as.
Speaker 2: Yo, and I knew and I knew, I knew someone would come with it, and it did. But I still like, I like, how just describe it like a cigarette, lighting it on fire, smoking repeatedly, let the nicotine be absorbed through my lungs.
Speaker 5: Okay, do you think he's now a zen guy? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I know, David Zinch.
Speaker 3: There's a promo op that's right all right. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O Brian. You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page on a website, Daily Zeitgeist Dot Comborey post.
Speaker 2: Our episodes and our foot Nope, no where. We link off to the.
Speaker 3: Information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy.
Speaker 2: Miles with song. Do you think people might enjoy? This is a track from a German band I just started listening to called Strong Boy sd R O n G B O I. The track is called Flame and it's just like, I don't know, like it's just fun, kind of funky bedroom pop, breathy vocals. I've been on a kick like that recently. I just like to have like dreamy, kind of poppy, but also enough of a beat that you can nod your head to kind of vibes, and this track offers all of them. It's called Flame and it's by strong Boy.
Speaker 3: All right, We will link off to that in the footnotes. Dailey Zeitgeist does a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's gonna do it for us this morning, but we are back this afternoon to tell you what is trending.
Speaker 2: And we'll talk to you all then. Bye bye