Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Welcome back to the Betting Pros Podcast, brought to you by Bett MGM. I'm your host, Dan Harris. Find me on Twitter at Dan Harris eighty. It is time to talk about our best bets for Week ten of the NFL season. Here with me to do that is Ben Stevens, host of the Morning After over on Sports Grid. Find him on Twitter at Ben Scott Stevens. Ben, thank you for taking time out of your very busy schedule to pop on today.
Speaker 2: How you doing I'm doing well, Dan, thank you for having me. When Joe Pieceapia comes calling, who is the one that introduced us from Fantasy Pros, I often listen, and when Joe P asked for something, I like to oblige as best I can. So I'm very glad to be here and I'm excited to talk to NFL football with you.
Speaker 1: Well, your opinion already means less to me than what it did before if you are valuing Joey P. But I do appreciate Joe's healthier and getting us together. All right, let's get into it. But you guys know what the show is. We are going to give our three favorite bets for this weekend. It can be anything, can be spread, can be total, can be moneyline, can be player across, whatever we want, and then we will quickly just run through the remaining spreads. Just you can get our very very brief thoughts on it before we get into it. Let me remind you about our latest offer from bet mgm. Our sponsor new customers, bet ten dollars and when two hundred dollars at the team you bet.
Speaker 3: On scores a touchdown.
Speaker 1: That is all you got to use the code Juice one hundred, which is based on our other podcast, The Daily Juice hosted by Matt Parut.
Speaker 3: This is available in New Jersey.
Speaker 1: Colorado, Indiana, West Virginia, Tennessee, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Virginia, Iowa, Washington, d C, Arizona, and Wyoming. Again just one hundred over at bet MGM. For new customers, bet ten dollars when two hundred dollars at the team you bet on scores a touchdown.
Speaker 3: Quick recapable.
Speaker 1: Last week, our guest Andrew Kayley went two and one. He hit on the Chargers, laying two to the Eagles, the Bears getting six and a half from the Steelers. He missed on the Chiefs, team total over twenty seven and a half. I also went to one and I hit on the Browns getting two and a half from the Bengals, the Vikings, and the Ravens going over fifty. But I missed on the forty nine Ers laying one to the Cardinals. That puts me at sixteen and eleven through nine weeks with our best bets. All right, we're going to bettingpros dot com for the aggregate lines. You guys know all about that there. Let's start with you, Ben, what's your top pick of the weekend?
Speaker 2: Dan, I didn't know there was going to be a recap portion for next week's podcast looking back at these picks, So now I'm a little bit scared to my future self into the future audience out there. Hopefully I did not lead you astray. So one of my favorite bets this weekend is the New Orleans Saints getting points on the road against the Tennessee Titans. Yes, I know that sounds like a scary proposition. The Saints lost last week in an absolute dud to the Atlanta Falcons. The Tennessee Titans might be the hottest team in all of football. They have won five straight. They have covered in five straight the last four even as an underdog. But there is an interesting trend going on in the NFL right now that I have liked to capitalize on this year, and that's when a team puts out a dud, they generally bounce back pretty well the following week. And that is the case for the New Orleans Saints right now. Following a loss this year, New Orleans is two and zero against the number, and they are covering by that number of thirteen and a half points per game and the two times they have responded after a loss, So I like where New Orleans is where it currently stands. And New Orleans, even being on the road, getting points has been pretty good as an underdog so far this year three and zero against the spread as an underdog. And I mentioned Tennessee has been so great lately four straight covers as a dog themselves as a favorite this year just two and two against the spread. So I think that the good times have been rolling for the Tennessee Titans. They head back to the Music City. Hard to pick against them, I think, just at this point, maybe things slow down. A response last week after losing Derrick Henry not saying this is going to be the trend for Tennessee moving forward, just in this one spot this week that the winning streak has to come to an end sometime, Why not against the New Orleans Saints getting two and a half points this upcoming Sunday.
Speaker 1: At some point the magic has to end here, right for the Titans, Like no, the reason than just mentally and emotionally getting up for these giant games and somehow pulling out these these incredible victories. At some point, there's going to be a letdown. This would have been my pick. I told you I like to ask the guests generally to send me his fix. This would have been one of mine as well, which is good that we're on the same side. And again there are some threes out there. I'm looking over it's two and a half or threes for me. At DraftKings it's two and a half. And at Fendal you know, at bet MGM it's three. At points Bet it's three. So you can get some threes out there. Yeah, Sean Payton, just generally, man, you know, against the spread as an underdog generally pretty good. And again you're right, the trendses here at teams, especially coming off a loss against the spread versus teams coming off a win against the spread. It very much favors the underdog. So I do like this one as well. It would have been on mine, but I cannot take it. Obviously, you take it, but I'm backing you, and hopefully next week people look back fondly on that one. I'm gonna go here. You know, I argued with this one with Joe when we did the look ahead lines on podcasts on Tuesday about what we thought he was on the other side.
Speaker 3: I said I'd revisit. I did revisit.
Speaker 1: I held my stance. I'm still sticking with the Browns getting two and a half against the Patriots in New England. So this is really same as last week where I sat the Browns getting the points against the Bengals. I still think the Browns are a little bit undervalued here in the market, and I think the Patriots might be a little overvalued. We started with the Patriots. I mean, they're five and four before their wins. Two of them have come against the Jets, one of them against the Texans, and then one of them against the Panthers with pretty injured Sam Darnold. They've got injuries at running back right now. Neither Damien Harrison Normandro Stephenson has practiced yet this week, including today as they recover from head injury potential concussions. Mac Jones really just a game manager like most quarterbacks. Not great under pressure. That is what Cleveland does. They get a ton of pressure, second highest clip in the league at a twenty eight point four percent pressure rate. And the Browns, I'm just buying the Browns. I think they are coming together here after Odell Beckham Junior is out. I think Baker Mayfield plays better without Odell Beckham Junior. They used to be a joke. Now it's for real. Nick Chubb is probably going to be out for this game. That of course is worth mentioning. Not definitely yet. I haven't seen anything that says that he officially. You know, it's very difficult to get the two, you know, negative COVID tests in twenty four hours when you test positive on the Tuesday, but it is possible. But either way, we saw Dean mis Johnson perform well against the Browns and the against the Broncos pardon me, and the Pats of a great defense, but they're much better against the past six and defensive Dvoa against the past, seventeenth against the run. They don't get a ton of pressure, just eighteen the pressure rates. So the bottom line is, I just I think the Browns are better team. There's six overall in Dvoa. The Patriots are thirteenth home field. They're one and four at home, so it's not like homefield advantage is what he used to be with Brady. So I don't know, Man, I think the Browns find a way to win this game, so I will certainly take them getting two and a half here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dan, I love that spot honestly for the Cleveland Browns. It's something we were monitoring all week on the show. I looked at this line on Tuesday. It was at two and a half for an opener in favor of the Patriots. I saw it come down all the way to one. So I thought there was some early sharp movement early in the week on the Cleveland Browns, thinking, hey, we're getting them as a dog even in this situation. And it's not like Juette has been a great home field advantage for mac Jones in his rookie season one and four straight up, two and three against the spread. I kind of like Cleveland in what might be a close game, and I think Cleveland getting the points in this situation is a really good spot to have the Browns this Sunday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there is a one and a half. You're right, it had moved a little bit fandual by the way, still at one and a half. I'm just looking at the contensus lines at Benning CROs. There's a two out there over at bet MGM, but the bast Man Dirty Book still at two and a half, including my book again DraftKings here from New Hampshire, so the consensus line stays at two and a half. I will take it. But yeah, it's not getting a three like that's where I thought it was. If anything, it's sort of bouncing back down there. So yeah, I do think the Browns win this game. I'll back them again as the short underdog here as I did last week. Number two pick ben go for it.
Speaker 2: I am going to a total that features a team called the New York Jets. And I know that might sound like a crazy proposition and I understand, but follow me here. The New York Jets have played five straight games too, and over let us not forget Thursday night against the Indianapolis Colts when we had seen six straight unders hit on Thursday Night Football. The Jets said enough of that, and it was a game where they allowed forty five points a week following or two weeks following allowing fifty four to the New England Patriots, and the Colts and the Jets combine for seventy five points on Thursday Night Football. So the Jets have played in five straight overs and the over under total that I see now for the Buffalo Bills and the New York Jets at MetLife on Sunday is forty eight. It opened it forty eight, came down by a hook to forty seven and a half as I saw it, now back to forty eight. I like it there. Although Buffalo has not been quite as good offensively the last couple of weeks aka the six they scored against the Jacksonville Jaguars, still the fourth best scoring offense in the NFL, averaging just below thirty points. I think they want to reinstate the fact they are one of the best offensive teams and can be that explosive, and it's a good opportunity against the New York Jets, because again, although the Jets have played five straight overs. A lot of that has come from New York allowing their opponent to rack up the points fifty four to the pass three weeks ago. Last week on Thursday night, they gave up forty five to the Indianapolis Colts on a short week, even that overtime thrilling win or the upset win rather against the Cincinnati Bengals that didn't quite reach overtime, they allowed Sincy to score thirty one points. I think the Bills can get over thirty pretty easily, and I actually think the Jets are going to add a little bit to the equation as well. So I was thinking about a Buffalo team total, but that spurned me in the past a couple of weeks ago against the Miami Dolphins. So I decided just game total overall. Knowing the trends for the Jets, and although Buffalo has played five of the last eight games to the under, including two straight unders, I still think that Buffalo and New York can combine to score more than forty eight points on Sunday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 1: There are forty seven and a halfs out there still, As you mentioned, it's back and forth.
Speaker 3: A lot of books.
Speaker 1: Most books at forty eight, some in forty seven and a half again including draftings where.
Speaker 3: I bet, But yeah, I like it.
Speaker 1: I do think this is it has to be a get right spot here for the Bills offense. Has it sputtered a little bit, as you know we were talking about over the last couple of weeks, but this is a great spot for them. The Jets secondary, which had admirably played pretty decently in the first few weeks, has now basically shown what it is, which is a bunch of no names and can be easily exploited by really any of the Bills wide receivers. And I do think that the league sort of hasn't yet figured out Mike White, who is going to start in this game, and he has played better than expected, so I do still think we've got another week or two where he's going to be I mean, they might have won that game frankly had White not getting injured. I mean, they were given up a ton of points, but he drove them down pretty well in that drive there before he got injured. So I do think he's going to be able to put a points even against this very very good defense. So I agree with you that the total overall total better than even the Buffalo team total. So I'm with you on this one as well. I'm going to stick in my same game and be kind of boring here, just very quickly, because it says, look, it's not that exciting. Sorry, But if I'm talking about the bets that I like the most, this is one, and that is the Browns and the Pats under forty five points here. It kind of goes with just what I was saying before. You've got two above average defenses. Generally speaking, both teams run the ball. The Browns run it forty nine percent of the time, that's third most in the NFL. The Pats run it forty three percent of the time, that's ninth most in the NFL. Obviously, when you run the ball, the clock runs with it. That lends itself just generally towards an under. Both teams also can stop the run, So you know, I don't expect these touchdown drives. I expect, you know, a couple plays, blah blah blah, going a little bit running the clock before some punts go. Again, you've got injuries to running backs on both sides. It's going to make it even less effective. This just strikes me to me again as a game that's going to be close, that both teams are going to just sort of look to grind it out defensively, you know a little bit like the Pats and the Panthers last week, and it's just a game that look betting unders in the NFL, then you know, like it's just a terrifying proposition just generally speaking.
Speaker 3: Except last week.
Speaker 1: But for me, I do think that this is just going to be a game that's going to be kind of a defensive battle that eventually the Browns are going to be able to sneak out here with a win.
Speaker 3: That's where I'm going.
Speaker 1: But I do think that this strikes me just as a game that's going to be like twenty one seventeen somewhere around there and coming at the under.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I completely agree with you. The Pats have been a very very streaky team as it pertains the totals this year. The first four games solidly under and then I think the market readjusted, and then the next four the Patriots played all to the over, and then last week where I thought we were getting a very dismal total against the Carolina Panthers. I wanted to work in market contradiction of having seen that total drop to as low as forty and a half or forty one and maybe taken over in that spot Pats cover twenty four. But then Sam Darnold and the Carolina Panthers offense didn't really hold up their end of the bargain, only scoring six, So another under for the New England Patriots and Dan, I think you bring up a great point. If the Cleveland Browns don't have Nick Chubb and they don't have the reliability in that ground game, that is what they want to do. They run the ball at one of the highest clips in all of the NFL, and if you force it into Baker Mayfield's hands, although he might be happy without Odell Beckham Junior right now, I think that is the advantage to Bill Belichick being able to scheme against what might have to be a heavy passing attack from the Cleveland brown So I don't think having the running backs on either side because, like you mentioned earlier, both Damian Harris and Raman J. Stevenson currently in concussion protocol in neither practice on Wednesday during that MIDWEK portion, I think that kind of takes away what both offenses do best, and it makes their quarterbacks play out on an island more, which is a more dangerous proposition for scoring points in this game. I think if even if it does go to Cleveland's way, that they are able to win that football game. I think are able to grind it out just a little bit more than New England. So I think the under is a pretty correlated market right there, for sure.
Speaker 1: And by the way, Harris and Steininson also didn't practice already today, like I just saw a report that came out, so there's a realistic chance that both are going to be gone. And I love Brandon Bolden, but I don't think you really want to rely on him generally as your every down back.
Speaker 3: All right, your third pick here, sir? What do you have?
Speaker 2: I am going with a PROMP and it is not out yet a lot of places, because we were recording this on a Thursday afternoon and it is for the Sunday night football game. I was hoping prime time, the Chiefs and the Raiders out in the desert, maybe we'd get this early. But I want Derek Carr's passing attempts prop Dan The reason I like passing attempts at times more than passing yards is because all you need for them is to throw the football. It can air mail their receiver by fifteen yards down the field still counts in our way of getting to and over. And Derek Carr and the Las Vegas Raiders have been throwing the football a ton this year. Derek Carr, in seven of the eight games Vegas has played so far, has had at least thirty four passing attempts. Last week against the Giants, even in a loss, he had forty six passing attempts. He is averaging thirty nine passing attempts per game. So generally, in what I have seen throughout the marketplace, even on the top end of quarterbacks who throw it a ton, the highest passing attempts prop you'll get thirty three and a half, thirty four and a half, maybe even a thirty five and a hook as long as it doesn't eclipse that number, and I think it will probably be somewhere around at thirty three and a half thirty four and a half. For the primetime affair against Kansas City, I would still take in over. As we know, Kansas City's defense has a multitude of issues, so you could attack him on the ground or through the air. But I think the Raiders are going to look to throw the football with Derek Carr forty six again last week against the New York Giants at least thirty four in seven of the eight games the Raiders have played this year. If it's around that ballpark of thirty four, thirty four and a hook, I would take the over for Derek Carr in primetime on Sunday Night.
Speaker 1: What do you think that your line is where you would say, Okay, this is at a spot where it's too much.
Speaker 3: This scares me a little bit. I'm gonna avoid it entirely.
Speaker 2: Thirty five and a half. I'd get a little bit shaky, But then I'd look at the line and I'd say, do I want to do it? Yeah? Okay, yeah, no, I'm gonna go with it. I'll go thirty five and a half because Dan, I'm not sure if you can see, that's how we do this year. That is a retro photo of nineteen eighties Arrowhead Stadium. Although I grew up in Los Angeles, I did not grow up with a football team in Los Angeles. So at the tender age of six years young, I fell in love with a man by the name of Priest Holmes who taught me all I needed to know about running the football in the NFL. So I've been a Chiefs fan for a very long time. My confidence in the Chiefs and backing them as a road favorite and primetime against the Raiders minus two and a half when they have a two and seven record against the spread, the second worst mark in the NFL. I'm not going to do that. And although Derek Carr and looking at him to find some profitability in the PROMP market, if he goes over his passing attempts, prompt doesn't necessarily mean that I'm hoping the Chiefs lose the football games. So that's how I'll have some skin in the game for Sunday night.
Speaker 1: I'm still reeling from the fact that I think you said you were six and Priest Mahomes is that Priest at Home? Sorry not Mahomes, yad there, I am six years old than Priest Homes. Okay, that's fine. I'm not an old man whatsoever. It's totally fine. Okay, let's go to my final pick. I'm actually really interested to hear what you think about this one Ben, because I looked at this one closely. I was kind of on both sides, and then it came down to a very simple like there's no trends or anything like that. That came back to a very simple sort of way I'm thinking about it. It's the Seahawks getting three and a half from the Packers and Lambell, So I think this game's gonna be close. That's personally how I see it. I won't be surprised again at the Seahawks one. Two big things here. The first is I don't want to I don't think we should underestimate. I think people are going to underestimate how big deal it is that Rogers can't even get back into the facility until Saturday. Now there's again the small chance that he's not going to play in this game, So you can factor that in if you want. I'm assuming he's going to play, but he can't get back till Saturday because that's the first day he can be cleared. And I know Russell Wilson has been out. Of course, Russell Wilson's going to come back for this. But again, he's been able to be there, he's been able to practice, he's been able to work with the team getting ready for this game. In particular, this is ten straight days right now where the Packers offense has had to practice with Jordan Love. That is a big deal to me. And we've also seen quarterbacks, by the way, struggle a little bit when they come back after testing positive from COVID.
Speaker 3: We saw it last year.
Speaker 1: It's possible that you know, Rogers isn't at one hundred percent physically just after testing positive.
Speaker 3: So there's that. The second is that these.
Speaker 1: Teams are actually more evenly matched, and I think the public is going to give him credit for Seattle has actually rated better overall in DVA twelfth in DVA, the Packers are fifteenth. This is a monstrous game for the Seahawks. They're on the outskirt to the playoff race. They obviously fell down a little bit with Geno Smith. They basically have to win. The Packers obviously want the number one seed, but the division is basically locked up there three and a half games ahead. This strikes me as a very very close game. I would be shocked if the Packers just run with it. I'd be shocked if the Packers win this by touchdown or ten points or anything like that. I think it's a close game, strikes me as a field goal game, So I'm going to take the hook here with the Seahawks.
Speaker 3: But I'm very interested to hear what you have to say about this.
Speaker 2: Well, Dan, I think it's going to be very interesting to monitor this line movement by about Saturday afternoon, Saturday evening, when we get some kind of final confirmation on Aaron Rodgers, if he's even able to get out of the COVID nineteen protocol in time to play this football game, because if he is not, this is going to close closer to a pick up, maybe one and a half, still in green Bay's favor, so we could be getting the best of the number. If Aaron Rodgers is back, I think it could work more in green Bay's favor, and still I would probably lean with Seattle maybe getting four and a half or five points, So I don't mind where it is right now. And again, I think you have the hook in your advantage past that field goal, because like you, this is not going to be a blowout on either side. Even if Aaron Rodgers is back, green Bay could find a way to win. But if it's twenty four to twenty one, I would not be shocked by any means, and I think adding Russell Wilson back, we know what Russ can do. We know what he was doing early on this year. Off to a great start for the Seahawks. He's seventy two percent completion percentage obviously makes that offense go in a way that even Geno Smith cannot but credit to Gino Smith because in the three games that he started, three and zero against the spread for the Seattle Seahawks. So they are three and five straight up. But they are a very interesting team to me, Dan for how they look moving forward in the NFC postseason picture, because if you look at any make playoff odds right now the NFC, six of the seven spots that we will have for this postseason virtually wrapped up based on the odds. You have the Rams, who are trailing in the NFC West. You have the New Orleans Saints who are trailing in the NFC South, but both heavily favored to earn a postseason perth. That seventh spot, though, is wide open right now. In the NFC wildcard race. You could look at the Vikings. I have no comp midence in Minnesota. I think although Seattle is coming from behind. Having Russell Wilson back, I think the Seahawks become a very very interesting team, and the Niners have left everything open in the NFC West, where I would look at the Seahawks just a peg behind the Rams and the Cardinals. So I think this is a great spot for Seattle to get this momentum building toward the postseason. I think the Seattle Seahawks are will be fascinating here in the second half of the year.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think the Falcons may have the seventh spot right now in the NFC. And that's just not a team, right, I know, it's nuts. That's not a team that you look at is going to run that spot. Yeah, that's open. They need this right now. And there is the possibility, of course that Wilson, because he's been out for several weeks, he's going to be rusty himself as well, But at least he has been back and he's been able to practice in game plan for this. And you make the right point, which is correct, which is if you like the Seahawks like you do, you might as well bet it now because if Rogers obviously is not cleared five points, the other way maybe, like I mean that right, it's something you know we saw with Jordan Love, So obviously you'll get the best number. But if Rogers is cleared and he is going to play, maybe it moves maybe a point or something in the Packers. So as long as you're over three, but it's not like you're getting a seven or anything like that, you might as well better.
Speaker 3: Now, all right, very very good.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that is gonna be our six picks for this weekend.
Speaker 3: Let me very quickly recap it.
Speaker 1: You are taking these Saints getting two and a half from the Titans, which I also like, the Bills and the Jets over forty eight points and Derek Carr overpassed attempts and what did we say?
Speaker 3: The top number is.
Speaker 1: Anything above as long as it does it get to what thirty five and a half.
Speaker 2: As long as it's not over thirty five and a half, Thirty five and a half would be the absolute ceiling, and I'd still probably be like, all right, I'm in basically.
Speaker 1: Whatever it is you can take, but certainly if it's as long as it's under thirty five and a half, you want the over there For me, I'm taking the Browns getting two and a half from the Patriots and the total in that game under forty five. And I'm also taking the Seahawks getting three and a half from the Packers. All right, let's go lightning speed here very quickly. Your ten cent thoughts on the remaining spreads. The Lions are visiting the Steelers. The Steelers are laying eight and a half, no pass, just a total path I had to If I had to, I probably would have to take the lines. I'm not backing Mike Tomlin at home as a big favorite any game that they should destroy because they'll probably lose out right. How about the spreading the Bills and the Jets. Actually, this has come down here. It started early in the weekend. I think it might have been fourteen and a half per half. I first, I got it, it's twelve right now with the consensus line, there are some thirteens out there.
Speaker 3: What do you think about it? At twelve?
Speaker 2: Are we about to get our second Mike White game in three weeks? Maybe so, But I think the market makes sense. And the Bills haven't covered in three straight, the last two by nearly a two touchdown favorite, I think I'm gonna lean with the Jets. I mean, the Bills could still win by double digits, but that's how I would lean in this game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you saw just how close the Jets were with Johnson and quarterback to backdoor covering that game last week with twelve points.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: I'd probably lean that way with Mike White. The Cowboys are home against the Falcons, laying nine at the consensus here, I would.
Speaker 2: Like the under of this game. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It's at fifty five. It's the highest total of the weekend. I know Dallas has a propensity to play over. Atlanta's defense has been a little bit better this year, and I think you're getting an inflated number on a Dallas team that still needs to figure some things out. I would go total first. If I'm looking at the spread. I actually think Dallas has an opportunity to get right here, and I think they hammer the Falcons.
Speaker 3: I do too.
Speaker 1: It was a game actually I considered whether or not I wanted to take because I do think that this is the bounce back spot right here for the Cowboys. Classic Bilos sell high. With the Falcons beating the Saints last week, I think the Cowboys might absolutely run with this game. But again, non official pick Colts laying ten and a half at home against the Jaguars.
Speaker 2: Dan, I don't know if you know this about me. I'm a faderban Meyer guy at all costs, so I will never pick the Jacksonville Jaguars, even against the spread. We are going to take the Indianapolis Colts, who has a ten and a half point favorite twice already this year, have covered both of those numbers.
Speaker 1: I'm in agreement with you, and I think you joined the ninety nine percent of the population in fading Urban Meyer. The Washington football team at home with the Bucks. Washington's getting nine and a half points.
Speaker 2: What do you think a very interesting opposing trends here? The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have yet to win against the spread as a row team this year, zero to four against the number washingt football team, the worst record against the spread in all of the NFL, just one in seven. Something's got to give. I think it's the Bucks covering by nine and a half.
Speaker 1: I think Washington might be able to keep this one close. I have no idea I'll staying away from it entirely, obviously. Chris Godwin has mispracticed this week. There's not gonna be Kronk. There's probably not gonna be Antonio Brown.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man.
Speaker 1: It just strikes me as something where Washington might be able to keep this again. I'd love it at ten, but it's not going to get there. How About we already talked about that one. How about the Chargers laying three at home to the Vikings.
Speaker 2: I have no trust in the Minnesota Vikings. I like the Los Angeles Chargers. They have played in two straight three point games. I loved it at two and a half. Now it's up to three, but I'd still take the Chargers in the points.
Speaker 1: I'm just running away from it entirely. I don't want to go anywhere near it. How About the Cardinals lank ten and a half to the Panthers. I assume, by the way, it's still gona be PJ Walker, right, There's no way Cam is ready to go yet in this one, Okay, Cardinals like ten and a half.
Speaker 2: If it was, that'd be crazy because he had not played under Matt rules, so that would be absolutely nuts. If he was ready with the offensive scheme. I kind of want to see PJ Walker. I think it's the XFL brain of me that thinks there's some hope left in the way that quarterbacking can be played in the NFL. But no, if I was looking at this, the Cardinals have the best cover margin in the NFL at over ten points. Maybe they can cover ten and a half.
Speaker 1: How about the Broncos at home lank two and a half to the Eagles. This was at three earlier in the week when we looked at it, so it's moved a little bit here.
Speaker 2: Two and a half just disgusting football. I don't really want any part of the Eagles and Broncos. I thought about putting this in our rundown for our show tomorrow on our Football Friday, and I was like, nobody cares about this. I'm staying away from it.
Speaker 3: That is fair. We talked about it.
Speaker 1: You don't want any part right of the Chiefs visiting the Raiders and laying two and a half points on either side of it.
Speaker 2: I mean the idea, as my father taught me from a young age, hometown dog in a primetime game. I'm not sure the metrics backed that up so much. I'm still a believer, and maybe that is the fan in me of the Kansas City Chiefs that only two and a half against this Raiders team like something somehow, some way, But no, I can't really touch that number.
Speaker 3: That's the thing.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I want it to be the chief and i feel like it should be the Chiefs, and I've got absolutely no way to justify it being the chief So I'm staying away. Last one Monday Night football, the Rams are visiting the forty nine ers.
Speaker 3: Forty nine Ers are getting four points here.
Speaker 2: Completely agree with the market movement in the Rams favor early on for this Monday night game. I am not pleased with what I'm seeing out of the San Francisco forty nine Ers, who now have the longest odds to win the NFC West after being the preseason favorites. I think the Rams, who just got owned by the Titans in their own home stadium, now go on the road up north to northern California. In Santa Clara, I think the Rams can cover that.
Speaker 3: Ben.
Speaker 1: It was great having you on. I'm glad we were finally able to do it. I guess thank you to Joe for making sure that this could happen. Mind everybody where they can check you out and your work.
Speaker 2: At Ben Scott Stevens on Twitter, and then, as Dan mentioned at the start of the show, I host The Morning After on sports Grid every weekday morning, nine am to noon Eastern, where we do what we did here, try to educate you on how to become a better sports better having a little bit of fun along the way in an engaging, in informative format. So that's at sports Creed at Serious XM channel one to fifty nine, on sports Grid Radio all across the place. There's people Dan that reach out to me from places like, Hey, I'm watching you in Glenwood, Iowa. I'm like, I didn't even know we were affiliated out there, but sounds great. So it's places I don't even know. But we do have a YouTube TV channel now, so maybe that's the easiest format.
Speaker 1: Awesome, he's been Stevens. I'm Dan Harris. You can find us again on Monday with our early reaction to the week eleven lines. Enjoy your weekend of football, everybody. I'll talk to you next week.