Speaker 1: Hello, I feel like my voice is warmed up a little Andrea Barber. Yeah, I still got to push a little bit on them. Yeah, yeah, sorry, that's okay, that's okay. You know we sound great. That for the first episode warmed my voice up a little bit, though, I definitely did feel a little bit a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like a vocal warm up, like an hour long, an hour long vocal warm up. Yeah, yeah, I have an update. I have an update, because update regarding what regarding the how we Know Bye Bye episode, which I know, I know they don't want to talk about it ever again. Yes, so that episode just aired a few days ago, and so we we had asked in that episode, how many times did Michelle say Howie?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Yes, and our fans have counted, Our fans have counted. Wait wait, wait, wait, wait, wait what I want to guess? Oh yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, I already know, so I can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want you to guess, I'm gonna say like I want to say, like seventy something, but that feels excessive.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, wait, don't try to read my face.
Speaker 1: You just looked at you, you glanced and you were like, well, I'm shutting, and the look that I saw on your face sort of said like, I mean, it could be, but you might actually be right.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say sixty three. No, No, you're You're totally trying to read my expression and I'm trying to be stone faced, poker faced.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I'm final answer, final answer, fifty seven. No, but you're close, damn it?
Speaker 2: What Okay?
Speaker 1: So wait, wait, wait wait is it prices price, prices right, rules closest but not over.
Speaker 2: You went over. You went over, sorry, but not by much, not by too much. Really, Yeah, So thank you to at Denny underscore nine point one.
Speaker 1: Okay for the answer, Okay.
Speaker 2: Forty eight times forty forty eight times eight and that's just Michelle. Oh see, I.
Speaker 1: Was I was thinking I was counting.
Speaker 2: Whole the entire show, which was why my first thing was seventy. But just Michelle says it, that's probably closer. It just Michelle says, Howie, really.
Speaker 1: Eight lines in the whole damn episode.
Speaker 2: My god, that's excessive. That is excessive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I'm impressed. That is dedication. Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Eight times Michelle alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, that is how that's why it's stuck in her head. Maybe that's why we yeah, we didn't love the episode, and that the fans were like split, like they either loved the episode or they hated it.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel like the Michelle crowd was probably like, we loved it because because Michelle.
Speaker 2: They loved it. They were like, oh, we disagree with your great up road.
Speaker 1: That's okay, Yeah, it's okay to have a different range of the toddler, all of the whole thing.
Speaker 2: But then oh yeah, they thought it was so sweet. And then there's those of us that are like, God, turn the TV off, like we never want to see this episode again. Yeah, it was. It was a lot.
Speaker 1: And now that I know that we heard Michelle alone say howie forty eight times, I know exactly why. That's too many times.
Speaker 2: Yeah we didn't need it's too many times. That's too many lines for a two year old. Also, forty too many lines? Yeah yeah, yeah, how was it? Just in that that crib scene she says how we know bye bye, like at least ten times just in that right?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, thank you. Date.
Speaker 2: So people keep keep answering our question, please do read they do read them.
Speaker 1: We're fascinated. Uh and I yeah, I knew it was excited, knew it was accessible.
Speaker 2: I'll try to make a concerted effort to write it down and talk.
Speaker 1: Anything over fifteen is excessive. Forty eight times.
Speaker 2: Forty eight is just that's a that's a crime.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she should get a restraining order filed against her just for saying his name that many times in one twenty two minute episode of television.
Speaker 2: They should write it into the child labor laws that two year olds aren't allowed to say Howie forty eight times? You got twelve, that's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and those twelve times can't be in one scene.
Speaker 2: No, no, you have spread it out through through the twenty two minutes. Yes, yes, that's true.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, so thank you, thank you for the Howie updates.
Speaker 2: Although I feel like at this point we've said it more.
Speaker 1: We've said the name more times in the first five minutes of this show than we did the whole time on nine episodes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm getting triggered.
Speaker 1: I am, I am you know what. Yeah, I'm missing Howie.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you're not.
Speaker 1: We'll always talk about him, you know. I need to feel like I need to see him. Where is he or her? They where are they? They? Yeah? Yeah, he comes back?
Speaker 2: How he comes back for the wedding, So we can just reserve our judgment for got it that whenever whatever season the wedding is, it's next season three four. I don't, I don't. I have no clue, Like if well, I would not be able to tell you what seas episode we have it to be continued. So is this our first two parter? This is our second? This is our second. We had one in season one where Jesse is like, I gotta move kids kids. That was a t to be continued, and this is our this is the only one of season two.
Speaker 1: I believe. Wait, wasn't the wasn't the one was the one where he was going to move out like the last two episodes of the season or No, Now that was.
Speaker 2: Early and we talked about that. That was no, but it was it was like the penultimate.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. This is the penultimate. Also, so the last two seasons ended, So each season has ended so far with a two parter because we only have one more episode out.
Speaker 2: I thought episode I thought season one we said that the two parter should have been the ending, but then we had the Kirk Cameron episode, just one of the guys, which didn't feel like a season a season closer.
Speaker 1: That was the season end, I think probably because it was so probably though, because at the time it was so big.
Speaker 2: It was a big get to get him, that's true.
Speaker 1: So it was probably that was probably why it was the season ender, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: At the time, it would have been a big like a big deal. It was May sweeps, right, but that sweeps used to be a thing back in the day where in November, Yeah, November and May, that's when everybody puts their best episodes on TV to try to get the best ratings. Yeah, that was probably I think success. Okay, so that's probably.
Speaker 1: Why it ended on that. Maybe maybe it was gonna be the two part episode that we ended on, but they were like, no, we'll get better ratings, let's add it. Yeah, well, whatever it was, We're in another two parter and I have a lot of thoughts on this first part.
Speaker 2: This is so good, Like, this is such a good episode that I don't think I've ever seen and I was like, what where has this episode been my whole life? This was Oh my god, it you don't Oh, that's true. Because you wait, I wasn't in it.
Speaker 1: No, you weren't in it, and I all I remember is the fabulous like.
Speaker 2: Great years. Yeah. Yeah, we would repeat that line for the rest of the series. How can you not It's so catchy. Okay, anyways, let me officially start this podcast. Hello, and welcome back to How Rude Tanneritos. I'm Andrea Barber and I'm Jody Sweeten. Today we're discussing season two, episode twenty one, the penultimate episode of season two, titled Luck Be a Lady Pardon one. Obviously, this is referring to the classic Frank Sinatra song of the same name.
Speaker 1: That's the guy. It's from Guys and Dolls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Guys and Dolls too true. This originally aired April twenty eighth, nineteen eighty nine, and it goes almost almost to the day. Yeah, almost thirty five years to the day. Yes, today's April twenty fifth.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow.
Speaker 2: Oh that's cool, right, what a coincidence? Uh? And it goes a little something like this. Danny and Becky have their morning talk show live for the first time at a casino hotel in Lake Tahoe. Jesse's dreams of Romantic moments with Becky are threatened by a film star and Joey and the girls turned to gambling.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's passed him first of all. That sounds dark. Joey and the girls turned to gambling like they're desperate, right, Yeah, Becky's getting threatened by a film star and Joey and the girls are turning to gambling. Right, Because you know, a lot of things happen in Lake Tahoe.
Speaker 2: This is it's it's very ominous. But they packed a lot into these twenty two minutes. No wonder, it's a two parter.
Speaker 1: They're up in Tahoe. You know who we last Tahoe? Oh no, the bullets, the ripper with the ratail, but no.
Speaker 2: Living ratl Sorry, I got excited. Okay, he should have made a cameo in this appearance in this in this episode.
Speaker 1: Well he's maybe he turned to gambling. He was kicked out of the band. Okay.
Speaker 2: Anyways, we love a ripper with the rat tail. Anyways, back to like, we're sorry, guys, we are very unhinged today. Just buckle up. This was directed by Billy Fastaff Coffee Coffee Coffee, and it was written by a lot of people. The story was by Rob Dames and Bill Frasier, and the teleplay was by Dennis Frinstler and Mark Warren.
Speaker 1: Got it.
Speaker 2: So all these writing teams are getting credits right on the same time.
Speaker 1: Well because the story is like the idea right, but the teleplay actually right words and that. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Robin Bill say, hey, let's do an episode in like Tahoe at a casino hotel, and Dennis and Mark were like, we'll write the dialogue. Yeah, got it. We have some fabulous guest stars this week at the Yes, we have Lewis Avolos as the fabulous mister Santana. This guy is a legend. Yeah. He is best known for doing six hundred and fifty episodes of The Electric Company that I Yes, loved The Electric Company. Of course you did, of course you did.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: This guy is just he's everywhere, He's everywhere you look. He did guest appearances on Benson Fresno, You Again, hanging with mister Cooper Like You Again show, wasn't that Oh? So I wonder if what if they knew each other. I wonder if John brought up I don't know if this guy is just he's so good, he's so perfectly cast in this role. Great, oh man, I just can't sing his praises enough. And then we have Steve Bond as Todd Masters.
Speaker 1: Steve, Steve Bond, Steve Bond.
Speaker 2: He's best known as Jimmy Lee Holt in General Hospital, so one of John brought him.
Speaker 1: Over from Little h crossover action here. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: He was also Mac Blake in Santa Barbara, So this is a soap guy. He's a soap star. And last, but certainly not least, we have Sandra Wilde as waitress, no name, just waitress. Yeah. She did guest appearances on Walker, Texas Ranger and Star Trek Deep Space nine. And then she has a lot of credits in movies like California, Hot Wax, Body Waves, and Inside Out for so, just make of that what you will. I will not editorialize.
Speaker 1: I have questions as to the first three Inside Outs.
Speaker 2: How much Morgan there be put inside?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Though there's what is it?
Speaker 1: All I'm picturing is it's like those little laparoscopic cameras. A sorry, okay, I'm sorry, we have to we have to. Oh god, we have to do a show. Okay, you're so distracted. Now, you're so distracted. Right, put her out of your mind. Put her out of your mind until she comes up in that scene. Okay, but it makes sense once you see that, once you see then it's.
Speaker 2: All it all makes sense. Yes, good for great Okay, No, no disrespect at all. It's just's very talented things that this is what we do. No one is safe. This is what we do, No one is safe. We open our teaser. In the kitchen, Danny has just prepared lunch for Michelle, but when he walks over to place it on the table, she isn't at her seat. She walks in from around the corner on all fours, barking like a dog. Danny smiles and crouches down to greet her.
Speaker 1: What have we here?
Speaker 2: She tells, I'm a doggie, and then she instructs Danny daddy be a doggie. He agrees, and he gets on his hands and knees and starts barking. Oh my gosh, Bob is such a good sport in this. It was so cute though, and it was like it was also very.
Speaker 1: Indicative of like the way he would play with his kids, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like that Bob was he was very much like he was a very hands on dad, and it's very evident in this teaser. So Michelle pats his head and says, nice doggie. She throws a carrot out in the distance and orders him to go get it. He tells her, all right, but I'm not sleeping outside tonight, and while Danny Will still in character, gets the carrot and brings it back to Michelle, and this game continues through the end of the teaser.
Speaker 1: They I love Ashley, Mary Kate used to love pretending to be doggies and oh yeah, they were at a stage and I seem to remember I seem to remember h Fox and Dashels sort of going through it too. Oh yeah, where you would hold them and my even my kids were they and they'd want to like the side of your face. They find that Evan, You're like stop, like, yeah, it's a very toddler thing to do, but they, yeah, it's very like all right, well, let's right it into the show.
Speaker 2: And we're not Evento the Comet years yet, like this is pre Comet and they were still very into dogs. Uh So in Michelle's room, Danny holds up two dresses and asks which one Michelle wants to take on their trip to Lake Tahoe. Michelle points to both and says that one Danny looks discouraged. Oh yeah, I'm looking forward to those shopping years. And Michelle is sporting what becomes her signature ponytail, the little the little.
Speaker 1: Poof on top tree on top of the head.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that that she She wore that style for many, many years. Jesse walks in with Joey and he's carrying a suitcase. He flings it on the ground and says this will be big enough for Michelle. Michelle says, okay, Jesse and sits in the suitcase. I guess she calls him Jesse too.
Speaker 1: Not for Jesse.
Speaker 2: Jesse to everyone they won't be seeing much of him this weekend, as he is going to spend every moment with Becky. Danny reminds him this is a work trip and it's their first show on location. Danny continues, if this goes well, I might get more free vacations. Jesse admits, I just hope she can keep her mind on her work, because this weekend, I'm gonna tell Becky those three little words that every woman wants to hear. Joey puts his hand on his chest, Honey, I'm wrong. Yes, Jesse smirks that those are the two weeks. Yes, I've read three words. Joey has it right yet, Yes, that is more meaningful than any other three word phrase. Jesse Smirkson says, I love you, and Joey gasps, I am so touched, and they both break out in laughter, which felt like real.
Speaker 1: This looked was a genuine yea, a genuine one was happening before that moment, but that was that was an actual laugh between the two of them.
Speaker 2: That was a real laugh, not a sitcom laugh. Danny walks over in points out that Jesse and Becky have been going out for a long time. You haven't told her I love you yet. Jesse sighs. Oh, you know how Becky is. She likes to take things slow, and I didn't want to scare her off. But guys, I am crazy about this girl, and I can't keep my feelings in any longer. I'm gonna take her in my arms. I'm gonna passionately look into her eyes and say right. Then, Becky comes up from behind him and puts a hand on his shoulder. Jesse nervously finishes his sentence, Hi is the cab here yet, and she chuckles, telling them they gotta go. Everyone scurries out of the room, with just Becky standing in the doorway. Michelle pops out of her crib and shouts, don't forget me. Becky shouts down the hall, guys, I think you forgot something. Jesse comes racing into the room, wondering what was left. His tone immediately switches to a baby voice and says, oh, Michelle, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to forget you, and Michelle says, I'm not mad. That was so cute. That was a very cute, sweet little moment. Becky chimes in, Jess, I am so excited about this trip. Jesse agrees and adds, Rebecca, this is going to be a trip that you will never and I mean never forget. Becky's face fills with joy. Tell me about it. She says, Todd Masters is going to be on our show. He is the biggest movie star I've ever interviewed.
Speaker 1: What a hunk.
Speaker 2: She walks out of the room and Jesse mocks her, what a hunk. I love that because she's like, but anyway, yeah, she's kind of keeping him at arm's length, and you know, I appreciate that Jesse kind of needs. We cut to some generic stock footage of Lake Tahoe to set the scene.
Speaker 1: Some very fuzzy stock footage.
Speaker 2: It's very fuzzy and it's it looks like it was. Yeah, we didn't have drones back then, so I'm sure somebody was like leaning out of a plane or a helicopter taking it was whatever you could find in the vault.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Give me some pictures of some trees around like Tahoe. Yeah, something with a lake in the background.
Speaker 2: Right, right, So we are in Stephan DJ's hotel room. A bellman leads Danny and the girls into the room, and Steph is ecstatic. They have a TV set, a dresser, a bed, a phone, and curtains. DJ tells her to calm down. They have all this stuff at home, but stuph counters, yeah, but we don't have this guy, as she gestures towards the bellman. I remember this as a kid being so excited about a hotel room. Right, You're like, look at all the things. Yeah, yeah, just because you're not home, that's what's exciting.
Speaker 1: I still walk into a hotel room and if it's got like nice little features I'm like, oh, look at this, it's a mini mouth wash. Yeah. I don't know, I just get really excited, exciting.
Speaker 2: You would have got to touch everything. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I understand that. So as the bellman leaves, an eccentric man with a mustache Waltz is in and announces welcome to the Fabulous Ali Ababa Hotel and because you know, he introduces himself as mister Santana, manager of the Fabulous Sally Baba Hotel and Casino. Okay, what's he do you? I don't know if you remember this, but was he directed to deliver that line that way or did he come did the actor bring this delivery himself and.
Speaker 1: Make it was a choice of his because it's so I think it was well, I think it was written that it's you know that he keeps saying the fabulous Ali Baba Hotel and Casino. So I think he probably read that and was like, oh, they want me to like it's a thing every time he.
Speaker 2: Says the thing. So I'm sure that was sort of.
Speaker 1: Indicated in like what the joke was that he keeps making a big deal out of it.
Speaker 2: But he I mean the way he said it was great. Oh, it's so perfect. It's so perfect it's not even annoying. I love it every single time, he says it. Oh, it's so great. So Danny shakes mister Santana's hand and introduces himself. Mister Santana expresses how thrilled they are for him to do his show live from the fabulous Alibaba Hotel and Casino. He walks over to DJ and Sta and tells them anything you and your fabulous family desires, just sign your room number. It's all free. Steph can't believe it. Everything is free. He nods his head and Steph places both of her hands on her chest to say, you are the nicest man in the world. Mister Santana reaches his hand into his pocket and gives a shiny silver dollar to each girl. DJ, with a huge smile on her face, points at mister Santana and says, dad, give this man a hug. Danny doesn't move, and he tells DJ that he doesn't believe that's entirely necessary. Mister Santana cuts him off and says, no problem. He lunges forward and bear hugs Danny while Danny's hands remain in his pocket. Wow, I was like what. I was shocked.
Speaker 1: Danny feels like someone who's a hugger doesn't matter who doesn't miss Mander, this is what we do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, that was out of character. I agree, mister Santana adds Yes, the love never stops here at the and everyone chimes in the Faus Hotel and Casino. Next, in Danny's hotel room, Danny is lying on his bed and Michelle is next to him. He tells her, Michelle, tomorrow you will be in the fabulous Ali Baba Hotel and Casino daycare. Michelle imitates him and says.
Speaker 3: Fla flabulous balus flabolous. Danny says it back, flabulous and guess what. They have a TV there, So, who are you gonna watch tomorrow at nine o'clock. Michelle giggles and says Gill again. Danny raises an eyebrow, Gill again. Oh, Michelle, aren't you.
Speaker 2: Gonna watch Daddy's show? Michelle squirms in place and says Gill again. Funny, Danny says to her, come on, Michelle, haven't you caught on by now?
Speaker 1: They're never getting off.
Speaker 2: That island except for that one time, except for that one time, except for that one time, Jesse and Joey barge into Danny's room and Jesse shouts, all right, who wants a good night kiss? Michelle raises her hand and says me, me, me. Jesse and Joey each give a slobbery kiss on either side of her cheeks. Danny tells her, okay, Michelle, go give your sisters a kiss good night, and Joey sends her out of the room. I'm assuming these are connected rooms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not just setting door, no, because they come in from one side and you see and you see them going and then basically what they did is just flipped the doors for the set, okay, and so then it looks like the other door is the you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Hey, yeah, yeah, yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Okay, good.
Speaker 2: I was like, why are they why is the toddler? Good again?
Speaker 1: But I'm assuming that everyone can kind of picture what the that the you know, you entered from the hallway on the left, and then the supposed you know, connecting room is on the right, but then they just switched it for the next scene. They put the connecting door on the right and the hallway door on the you know. Anyway, I'm not going I'm tracking, Okay, good, I was just making sure I've been tracking.
Speaker 2: The whole time. I'm trying to picture where they put these sets, Like there's a lot of new sets.
Speaker 1: I think they were usually down kind of around like those there was like the living room and the kitchen and the backyard set, and then it was usually like I think there was probably the casino set kind of took up like a corner there, and then I would assume that the bed that the hotel room is like next to that kind of so it's sort of like a U shape around the like where the audience got it.
Speaker 2: That makes sense. I didn't know if they struck the girl's bedroom because they didn't need that set and like built it in there.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but you're in Jesse's room so you see into it, and we never struck those sets. Those were always permanent sets. Jesse's room, back the girls room, the living room, and the kitchen were the four permanent sets, and Michelle's room those were the like the five permanent sets, and then anything else would be a like a like a swing set that would not I mean not an actual swing set, but.
Speaker 2: That would come if swing set means in it, right, right? Yeah, that would come not a permanent set. Hopefully people can picture what we're talking about. Right and if you've ever been to a fuller House taping or full house taping, you know exactly what we're talking about. Yeah, Okay, where did I leave off?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Michelle, they sent the toddler away. Joey suggests that they go down to the showroom so they can still catch harem bare him eighty nine? Is that like a is that what I think?
Speaker 1: Topless review?
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean that's what that's like, what I guess. And they're guys, and they're they're single. They're single, well, Jesse's not single, but the other two arts.
Speaker 1: Okay, I get it. Uh.
Speaker 2: Jesse tells him he's not interested because he's spending the evening with Becky by the lake counting stars. Danny tells him not to count on her because she has to prepare for their show tomorrow. Jesse challenges him and says, oh, really, observe the power of love. He walks over to the phone and dials Becky's room. Becky answers the phone while she's on her bed, and Jesse asks, how does this sound a romantic moonlit stroll by the lake. Becky says, Oh, Jess, that sounds wonderful. Jesse pulls the phone away from his ear and cockily repeats what she says to Danny. He brings the phone back to his ear and tells her he will swing by her room in ten minutes, but Becky unfortunately tells him, Oh, Jess, I'm sorry, I just I have to prepare my interview with Todd Masters. I'll take a rain check. Though Jesse, on his end, pretends that he didn't just get rejected. In order to save face with the guys, he mumbles mm hmm. Becky tells him they will talk about it over breakfast, and then she says good night. Becky hangs up the phone, and Jesse continues to speak into his phone. Actually, on second thought, you do have a big show tomorrow, and I think maybe it'd be best that you stay in and get some work done. He pauses for a fake response and then says, Hey, now, now don't argue with me, young lady. I mean it okay. Just then Becky walks through it walks in through the door behind Jesse as he's still pretending to talk to her on the phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, throw your young lady out there. We all know you're lying, you know, call her young lady. She comes in.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was great. Jesse freezes and Joey smiles slyly. Danny hands are some papers and she walks back out. Jesse says into the phone, who is this? Leave me alone, and he slams the phone down. Jesse nudges Joey's shoulder and asks to go catch the show. Joey tells him I like this one better, and Jesse grabs him by the ear and pulls him out the door.
Speaker 1: H Jesse just get knocked down a peg by Becky. Just gotta love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we again see the generic stock footage of Like Tahoe to remind us that we are still in Like Tahoe. And now we're on the set of Wake Up San Francisco Live from the fabulous Ali Baba Hotel and Casino. Jesse and Joey are in the crowd. Danny's on stage in a tuxedo with Steph and DJ. As he fixes his bow tie, he tells the girls, Okay, Loretta is gonna check my makeup. You girls have a seat.
Speaker 1: And it was John's mom. It is just so cute.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, it's so great. There's some great cameos in this. So Stephan DJ sit down in the chairs on stage. They pick up some note cards and begin to mimic the hosts. DJ reads, Wake up San Francisco. I'm Danny Tanner, and Steph says, and I'm Rebecca Rebecca Donaldson. DJ continues, and our guests today are George Michael, Patrick Swayzee, and Tom Cruise. Steph continues, and our two very special guests, Ken and Barbie. This was cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Danny walks back on stage and says how cute they are, and then he says, now get out of those chairs before I'm out of a job. Steph says, Okay, we'll go play those slot machines. Those look fun.
Speaker 1: Yes see Steph's turning to gambling.
Speaker 2: Yeah already. They walk away. Danny tells them it's against the law to play those machines unless you're over twenty one. He points towards the audience and directs the girls to go sit down so they can cheer on Danny because it's his first live audience. DJ tells him, Hey, we're there for you, babe. Great callback, yep, to the previous episode. All of a sudden, Becky appears and apologizes for being late. Jesse stands up to ask her where she was because they were supposed to have breakfast. Becky says, oh, didn't Danny give you my message? Danny is behind Jesse and says not yet.
Speaker 1: Jess.
Speaker 2: Becky can't make it. She has a breakfast meeting with Todd Masters. Jess turns to Becky with a furrowed eyebrow and says, how could you do this to me? Danny starts talking, well, I've just been nervous about the show, and Jesse cuts him off and says, not you. Becky apologizes, but says they will have to talk about this later because they're about to go on the air. Jesse walks over to Joey and asks what that was all about. Joey tells him, Man, she's just excited to meet a movie star. I mean, suppose you could spend some time with Michelle Pfeiffer.
Speaker 1: What would you do?
Speaker 2: Jesse thinks about it and smiles, and then he becomes concerned. Becky wouldn't dare I love that? Yeah, Michelle Pfeiffer was hot stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like in nineteen eight and nine.
Speaker 2: Still we're still yeah, Yeah, that was Selle Fiver was she was about one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Production counts Danny and Becky in to start the show, and Danny introduces himself and the girls cheer loudly in the crowd. Becky welcomes the crowd to a special edition of Wake Up San Francisco Live from the Fabulous Ali Baba Hotel and Casino. Mister Santana shouts fabulous and hugs Jesse, who is standing next to him. Jesse stands still in glares at him. I love this guy. I love this character so.
Speaker 1: Much so he was just, yeah, fabulous. Now time I say fabulous, that's what I'm who, I'm gonna think fabulous. He is just he's so extra and in all the right ways.
Speaker 2: Becky introduces Todd Masters and he comes in through the back already autographs. He breezes past Jesse and hands him an autograph, and there's an audience goer that just throws herself on right, very excited, very aggressive.
Speaker 1: Was I'm like, who was that? Was that somebody's relative?
Speaker 2: No? Is it just an It should have been because she might have that little feature, but they were all I noticed. It was an older crowd, like they're leaning into the right right, the blue hairs are playing the slots and stuff. So but I didn't I didn't recognize any of the older ladies, Okay, but I feel like it should have been somebody related.
Speaker 1: Yeah to her, it might have been some It might have been somebody's relative, not necessarily in the cast, but somebody's someone.
Speaker 2: You know, somebody someone Okay, Well.
Speaker 1: I mean obviously it's somebody someone because they're human beings. So someone somewhere is it has them involved in their familial tree.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we don't know who it is though. No, so Todd continues onto the stage. He kind of looks like Paul Riser, Like from the back, he sort of looked like.
Speaker 1: That my god, I wrote down. He looks like the eighties version and curly haired version of is it Tillian Murphy Killian Killing mur I can't never say his name.
Speaker 2: Right, the dude from Oppenheimer. Oh oh yeah, oh yeah right, he.
Speaker 1: Does look like him.
Speaker 2: If you if you, if.
Speaker 1: You like put the hair away, Yeah, it's the hair, the hair distracted eyes like like kind of like wider set, like bigger eyes. He looks he's kind of a lot like that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he does have very standout eyes. So yeah, that's a good comparison.
Speaker 1: I like that. And everyone's you said his name. I know, I'm never always afraid of if I'm saying, is it? How is it? Sillian? Gillian, I don't know, Killian cee I L L I A N. I'm Irish Killian Oh, I don't know. Sometimes Irish names. You look at him and you're like, that's not that's not how you spell Frank pronounced c I L. Let's just call him Frank. Okay.
Speaker 2: Todd shakes down Annie's hand and gives Becky an intimate hug. Becky says, Ladies, I did something this morning with Todd that every woman in America fantasizes about. The crowd cheers and Jesse makes a disgusted face. Becky announces that they ate breakfast together, and Todd ads, and now I know why breakfast is the most important meal of the day, m M, Jesse, Jess. And just like that, Jesse mimics putting his finger down his throat like he's gagging.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Danny closes the introduction by saying, well, we will be back with more of my breakfast with Todd after a word from the people who pay for my breakfast. The audience cheers. They cut to a commercial break, and then we angle on the girls. An alarm bell rings, which then sparks curiosity in the girls. They run off to check what's going on. Jesse asks Joey, did you see the way Becky was drooling all over Todd Masters. I'm gonna go upstairs and joined Michelle in the daycare center and catch the last half of Gilligan. The girls grab Joey and lead him into the casino to show him how some lady just won a ton of money.
Speaker 1: Eh.
Speaker 2: Steph adds, oh, I wish we could play joey'sys. Settled down girls, let me tell you something about gambling. Most of these people lose. Someone off screen faintly shouts in the background, I won, I won, which prompts DJ to say to Joey, I don't hear anybody screaming I lost. I lost.
Speaker 1: Now DJ's turning to gambling, everybody, Yes, it's containous. Here we go.
Speaker 2: Joey steps over the red rope, asking the girls to watch as he teaches them how stupid it is to gamble. He slips a coin into the slot machine and pulls the lever. The alarm rings and two coins appear. Steph jumps up and down, saying you won, you won two dollars.
Speaker 1: This is back in the day when coins actually got spit out of the machine and you'd hear the clanging of it and now, oh, just a weird uh foe clanging sound. But yeah, yeah, no, that's all like dirty money.
Speaker 2: But that's what it was, such a sensory experience, you know, like that.
Speaker 1: I would imagine you, much to the casino's chagrin, spent your money a little bit slower because you had to put it in there and pull the thing down manually. Now you can just push a button and your money literally goes flying out of your wallet. Yeah.
Speaker 2: True, true, it's not satisfying. I miss the days.
Speaker 1: I still like to pull the thing. Yeah, because you can. You can. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's like a little hit of dopamine when you pull that left. Yeah yeah, I miss it, almost like it could be addictive. Well what do you know? Oh so, Jesse continues with his instructions Girl's first rule of gambling, never be fooled by beginner's luck. He places another coin back in the machine and pulls the lever. The alarm sounds again and he shouts, whoa ten dollars?
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: The girl's cheer with excitement, and Joey says, girls, second rule of gambling, don't quit while you're hot. He pulls lover again and he wins again twenty dollars. The girls are so excited. DJ says, don't stop now. If you get four sevens you can win one hundred thousand dollars. What well, it's a lot of money. Bag in nineteen eighty nine. It's a lot of money now of mine now, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Joey pauses the fun and says he's gonna go get a change bucket and warned them you stay here, guard my machine with your life. If anybody goes near it, scream because I'm hot, I'm burning, I'm wasting time. Yes, So Joey leaves, and DJ exclaims, Oh, I can't take it. It's driving me crazy. I gotta play that machine. Steph reaches into her sock and pulls out her silver dollar smart stuff, SmartMart, smart place to keep it. Yeah, She's like, I'm going, I gotta keep my money in my sock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: In case she hands her silver dollar to DJ to use, and DJ says, thanks, Steph. If we win any money, I'll split it with you. DJ then asks if the coast is clear, and both girls scan the area. DJ slips the silver dollar into the machine and scurries back behind the red rope after pulling the lever. That's one seven, two sevens, three sevens and four sevens.
Speaker 1: They want excitement.
Speaker 2: Didn't see that coming? Yeah, no, not at all. This could have never.
Speaker 1: I could have never imagined that this would have turned into a storyline.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: The alarm rings, and Stephan DJ jump and cheer while covering each other's mouths.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: People slowly start to crowd around the machine to see what's going on. Joey runs over and asks who won his one hundred thousand dollars jackpot. DJ immediately responds I did, and Steph adds with my silver dollar. They disregard the red rope and stand next to Joey. DJ tells him that they will split the jackpot three ways, and Steph tells him to start jumping up and down. He does, and they all chant we won, We won. There's a quick cut to the Wake Up San Francisco set where Danny announces that someone has just won the Big jackpot. He stands up from his chair and grabs a microphone, and he starts walking towards the jackpot and exclaims, boy, this is what live television is all about. DJ runs over to Danny and shakes him, saying, Dad, Dad, Joey won the Big Jackpot. Danny turns to the camera and says, you hear that, ladies and gentlemen, Joey just won. Joey are Joey, my Joey, Oh my god. Danny freaks out and runs over to Joey, who is jumping up and down. The cameraman Perry is close behind, and we see this bit next bit all from the point of view of the camera. Danny and Joey and the girls are all cheering and jumping. Danny asks, Joey, you have been broke your entire life. How does it feel to win one hundred thousand dollars? DJ answers for him, it feels unbelievable. I mean, not that I would know personally, but this has got to be the rattest day of Joey's life. Steph grabs the microphone and says into the camera, I'm going to Disneyland. What the heck buy it? Yep, just buy in Disneyland. Low key, buy in Disneyland. Yeah, mister Santana Rush is over saying congratulations and that everyone is a winner. At the Fabulous Sally Baba Hotel and Casino. They all start to jump and chant.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yes, yes, this this scene like this is just there's I remember doing this once on a deal Oh you do, on the one of the celebrity.
Speaker 1: Kids cris On Stale with the Stars with I think it was like the one of the last ones. I believe Ryder Strong was there and we all know how much he loves Yeah, yeah it was, but no, but we were we we put money in a thing and then when we're like, oh crap, because it's like some money came out and I've been but like we all pretended that we were disinterested in somebody that was of age, like covered for I don't know how, I don't remember it quite, but I do remember.
Speaker 2: I do remember this sort of happening. That's hysterical because yeah, we were all minors, we were all under eighteen.
Speaker 1: But you know on cruise ships you walk by and there's like the the you know, the like at least there used to be like you'd kind of walk out and it was Yeah, they had like the again, like the little velvet ropes and sort of stanchions, but like you know, normally reach it.
Speaker 2: And again I'm sure that you know, the video proved otherwise.
Speaker 1: But yeah, at the time, we were like, oh my god, we're gonna get you know, five hundred bucks or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know, how funny. And how much did you win? Probably like two bucks.
Speaker 1: I have no idea, I don't even you don't even remember what the outcome of. It was only only that we put money in and then money was coming out, and we were all panicked because we knew it that we couldn't keep it.
Speaker 2: That was it so scandalous.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, back on the set of Wake Up San Francisco, Todd is seated in the makeup chair as he gets his hair combed. Becky is apologizing for Danny running off the stage. Todd tells her, well, that's all right, I'm having fun here with you. He grabs her hand and starts to walk with her. As a matter of fact, why don't we continue our breakfast at dinner tonight? Becky thanks him for the invite, but says she has a boyfriend and she is really crazy about him. Todd says that he is a very lucky guy and then asks, I'll tell you what, why don't I take both of you out to dinner?
Speaker 1: Oh nice, he's yeah, gentlemen, there you go, sir.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, that is the way to handle rejection. Becky agrees, and just as Todd leans in to kiss her on the cheek, Jesse walks up, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa? What the hell is going on here? You're going out to dinner with this joker?
Speaker 1: Oh? Here we go, Nick, here goes? You know, Grandpa Andy work with Jesse just flying into a ridiculous, jealous, possessive rage and not listening to anyone and trying to.
Speaker 2: Exactly yes, not listening to any sort of facts or reason, He's just going off.
Speaker 1: None, none at all, Becky.
Speaker 2: Becky cannot get a word in and Jesse says, no, I understand. Good looking guy comes into town, goes on your show, he hits on you, and you're all over him like a cheap suit. I mean, is this guy really that big of a deal?
Speaker 1: Ouch?
Speaker 2: That's I was like, what right? Excuse? Me like he's insulting her with this right, so exc to me, Like.
Speaker 1: I've seen this behavior before, up close and personal, and it is a big.
Speaker 2: Red flag, huge red flags, I guess.
Speaker 1: So it's funny now like seeing it though and being on like an adult and being like, this is unacceptable behavior, Becky, you need to not do.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, yeah, we're more confident now, way.
Speaker 1: More commident and like but you know, but like even from the beginning when he's on the phone and he says, now, listen to me, young lady, I was like that, right, there would be enough for me to go no, I won't. Yeah. So now he's doing this. She can't even speak and he's yelling at her and she's it's saying, he's she's all over him like a cheap suit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were much more. We're seasoned now and we know and it's like, yeah, this was the one I had some I was like this m.
Speaker 1: M hm.
Speaker 2: The crowd booze behind Jesse and he yells back, knock it off. Becky tries to speak again, and Jesse cuts her off again to say, right, how would you like it if I hit on every incredibly gorgeous blonde that walks by me. Bye bye. I know, I know, bye bye.
Speaker 1: Go for it.
Speaker 2: He excuses himself as his eyes follow a long, blondhaired woman wearing a very revealing sparkly gold outfit. He walks up to the woman and says, Hi, I'd like to see you tonight. You can cook me dinner. I'll cook you breakfast and in between, babe, we'll just cook. Is this a common line that he used to pick up women like this? I hope not.
Speaker 1: But it goes about as well as planned, because uh, yeah it does. She says, get out of my face, you creep, and punches him in the stomach and.
Speaker 2: I applaud it.
Speaker 1: I was like, thank you, yeah, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: That was the perfect response. Wait, well yeahn yep, yes, yep, that's it.
Speaker 1: No, he deserved that he did that, Yes he did. Sorry, Uncle Jay. Not cool.
Speaker 2: We angle on Danny, who is still live with the cameraman. He brings the camera back to stage, where nobody is. Becky angrily tells Jesse that they will talk about this later before heading back on stage, but Jesse follows her on the stage, saying they will talk about this right now.
Speaker 1: No, we will not.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh, dear, oh, dear, do not.
Speaker 1: Show up at my work and make a scene. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Oh, it just gets worse. It just gets worse as it goes on. Danny is still recording live and says, through a forced smile, Oh, here they are. What a pleasant surprise, my brother in law, Jesse, right in the middle of the most important broadcast of my cur Welcome Jesse.
Speaker 1: Read the room.
Speaker 2: Jeez, the room.
Speaker 1: You just got punched in the stomach. You're not in a position to be mouth. You need to leave before it gets more embarrassing. But you don't, And here we are. He's digging himself a deep.
Speaker 2: Jesse steps in front of Danny and asks Becky, how could you do this to me? Becky asks to have this discussion during the next commercial. Jesse says, no, we are talking about our relationship. It is much more important than some stupid talk show.
Speaker 1: This is her job. Bruh again again Ben here, Ben here, and it no no, this I'm literally legitimately like having had situations like this happened to me. I was like triggered by this up. I was like, God, Jesse, I was so upset. I was so upset, Like this is her job? This.
Speaker 2: Respect it. Yeah, we respected the exterminator job and the jingle writing. Respect her talking.
Speaker 1: But I think you know, Jesse in respect is.
Speaker 2: He can't see through his blinded How could you do this? Do what to you? She didn't do anything because but he won't stop. Shut up.
Speaker 1: You just won't shut up. You make it worse. You hit on some poor woman who's like, excuse me, I can cook you dinner, you can go you know what? Yeah, right off? And then she walked away. And now he's now he's up on stage, not only ruining Becky's day, but but Danny's too.
Speaker 2: He's ruining everyone's day, like everyone.
Speaker 1: He ruined my day, ruin every just ruining everybody's day.
Speaker 2: He is Yeah, Danny says, this is my brother in law, and I love him dearly security. Yes, thank you, Danny, thank you. Danny knows Danny's like the only way to get him. I'm sorry I have to do this to you. Jesse continues to speak at Becky Todd to at not too yet speak bey, this isn't a conversation. This is a monologue, a ragey monologue. But Todd interrupts him to tell him he's making a fool of himself. Listen to Todd, Thank you Todd. Listen to Todd. But Jesse tells him, sit down, fun boy. That I did appreciate that.
Speaker 1: I was like, you know, I think fun Boy is gonna be a it's a family friendly way of calling someone another.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, f word. Yeah, I like it. It's a very satisfying thing to say, Becky says Jesse. Todd is right, you're making a really big mistake. Jesse says back, Oh, really good. Then this is the last mistake I make with you, because this is it. We're breaking up by. Becky says, well, fine, then it's over.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Becky.
Speaker 2: Stand up yourself, Becky, don't take it.
Speaker 1: No, don't take it. This is this is not okay. This He is not respecting your your your the place, your people, your job, her judgment, your ability to speak.
Speaker 2: Yet no, I gotta say I was very upset. I'm proud of Becky. I'm glad she didn't like begged to get him back, she didn't like.
Speaker 1: She's handled it very professionally.
Speaker 2: Jesse tells her, you're looking at a freeman and right then he gets pulled away by security. Danny gets back to the camera and says, well, you won't see that on Gilligan's Island.
Speaker 1: True. Oh boy.
Speaker 2: A little while later, as the crew cleans up the wake Up San Francisco said, DJ and Stuff are seated at one of the tables. DJ tells Steph with my share of the jackpot, I'm gonna buy a ranch full of horses and a red Corvette. Stuph tells her, I'm gonna buy my own jet plane. That bus takes forever to get to school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 2: I'm sure the backyard can fit a jet plane and a runway like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, obviously, I mean only when it's parked there, but it's not. We'll just shrink it up a little bit and pull that gate in, you know what I mean? Magic cool buy Yeah.
Speaker 2: Of back. So Joey walks up and says, now, girls, when mister fabulous comes in here to give me my check for one hundred grand, just let me do the talking, DJ ads, as long as you let us do the spending.
Speaker 1: Damn Joey, Well, he's.
Speaker 2: I wasn't offended because he's staying. Because they're miners. They can't see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Though, I'm not offended. I'm just saying like, oh, he's about to be like no, no, no, no, no, like to give me the money. Yeah, he's about to be a criminal. He's about to be I'm like, all right, yeah, get the money.
Speaker 2: There's yeah, there's a little there's a little crime happening.
Speaker 1: It's as small, just a small crime of trying to, you know, claim one hundred thousand dollars from a casino that may or may not hea illegally being gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's true. Danny walks up, saying hey, hey, hey, mister lucky. He asks Joey to help him pick out a slot machine, and steph says, let DJ pickt she won the jackpot. Oh, Stephanie always tattle tailing, always like you know, I know she's maybe she just blurted it out without thinking. She just blurts it out. She's just so yeah, she's so excited.
Speaker 1: I get that. That happens to me sometimes I just say things.
Speaker 2: That's okay. DJ gets flustered and Danny is flabbergasted. He asks Joey, you let the girls gamble. Joey says no, I had nothing to do with it. I was getting a money bucket. Danny then looks at the girls and says, you girls were gambling after I told you not to. I am not happy about this at all. DJ lean's closer to him and says, would ten thousand dollars cheer you up? Danny says they won the money illegally and therefore cannot accept it. Then Joey says, well, there's a bright side to this. I can accept it. There you go. Here's what I'll say.
Speaker 1: He's not trying to He's not. He's not.
Speaker 2: Joey's not thinking with a criminal mind.
Speaker 1: He's not.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's just like, well, I was gonna it was gonna be me, might as well have been me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was the people I was with. I think's sort of like it was me. He's not understanding that this is a crime. He's just like, oh, well, you know, what's the big deal?
Speaker 1: I was next? Yeah, I get it. Uh.
Speaker 2: Mister Santana walks up to Joey, asking to speak with him. Joey stands up and tells him a funny story. You see, I was playing the machine and I stepped away for a minute. A second, heck a micro second. Well, I told the girls here to guard my machine, which they did by putting a silver dollar over the coin slot, which accidentally fell into the coin slot.
Speaker 1: That's a that's a great uh story.
Speaker 2: That's a great lie. You know. I was like, okay, okay, I could rive. Yeah, you know, yeah, this is how he's justifying it in his mind. You know. It was quick. Joey and mister Santana laugh along with Stephan dj. Joey continues, Oh, I just couldn't accept the money without clearing my conscience. But I feel great now, so lay it on me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Mister Santana doesn't respond and just places a video cassette in Joey's hands. He says, our security camera got a nice clean shot of the children gambling. You didn't come into the picture until many, many, many microseconds later. Joey asks, I'm not getting the money, am I. Mister Santana shakes his head and says, oh, but you can keep the video cassette as a souvenir of not having won the jackpot here at the fabulous Ali Ababa Hotel and Casino, and he walks away with his hands in the air. Joey takes a seat with Danny and the girls and stuff asks do you hate us Joey. He tells the girls not to be silly. He loves them very much. DJ's concerned because they cost him one hundred thousand dollars, and she asks if there's any way they can make it up to him. Joey smiles and says, no, I don't think so. That was such a great line.
Speaker 1: No you can't, You're not gonna.
Speaker 2: I was expecting something like your love is enough.
Speaker 1: I was like, I appreciated the moment of reality was just no, you can't. You're not going to make that up to be things.
Speaker 2: So he got away pretty scot free.
Speaker 1: For I was I feel like Casito's may not take that as kindly as mister mister.
Speaker 2: I feel like there would be a punishment involved.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 2: There would be some handcuffs probably on the other side of that tape.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, easily. Yeah. And I don't think they would be giving out security footage from the casino to just write.
Speaker 2: They wouldn't just hand it over again. Yeah, right, you can have this. You can have it, and then you can manipulate it and modify it so it doesn't look like what we saw. So next we're in Becky's room. Becky is on the phone, explaining to her mom, I have never been so embarrassed in my life. I never want to talk to Jesse again. He is the most obstinate, pig headed. She's interrupted by Jesse knocking on the door. Becky quickly hangs up with her mom stands in front of the mirror before opening the door for Jesse. She looks at herself in the mirror and says, what am I doing? And she shakes her head or shakes her hair loose and walks towards the door. She shouts from inside the room, talk, I'm listening. Jesse says there is a maid, a bell hop, and some man staring at him. So Becky opens the door and says, since when does an audience bother you?
Speaker 1: That's what I was.
Speaker 2: Saying, is oh, all of.
Speaker 1: A sudden, now you're shy. You won't want to talk in front of three people, but you'll talk on TV burnll deserved.
Speaker 2: Jesse states that the fact they broke up is all Becky's fault. I know, I know, I know he's doubling down. He came to her room to double down.
Speaker 1: I mean, you showed up to have a conversation and now you're like by the way, not not not this is your fault.
Speaker 2: No, it's so petty, it's it's so petty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could have said that outside with those three people watching. You could have said it's all my fault, and I could have not opened the door and we could have just skipped ourselves this whole.
Speaker 2: Nonsense exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: And also when she says talk I'm listening, I was thinking you he has done enough talking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he has done quite enough talking. He needs to do some listening exactly. Becky gasps and says, you're right, it's all my fault. I met Todd Masters, I watched him eet scrambled eggs, and then I did the only logical thing. I threw out our whole relate. I threw our whole relationship out the window. Jesse interjects, Oh, please, don't try to turn this whole thing around on me. What you were the one who was going to dinner with this blow dry I'd sight a beef blue dried.
Speaker 1: Sir, you and your hair.
Speaker 2: Take up more time.
Speaker 1: And space than anyone.
Speaker 2: All right, you know it has no room to talk about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get you don't get to call anyone a blow dryed side of beef. You are a well quaffed man.
Speaker 2: Yourself, so just it's so funny. So Becky exclaims that Jesse doesn't know what he's talking about, and they continue bickering. Yeah, in the midst of their yelling, Jesse grabs Becky aggressively and swings her around for a kiss. I would have slapped him right in his face. It was I mean, I know they're going for passion, but I was like, whoa you no, No, it's about control, maybe not passion.
Speaker 1: This was a very you know what I you know what I pictured Grandpa Nick and Irene. This was exactly. I was like, this is how Grandpa Nick gets Irene to stop being upset. He's just just yeah, and then try to her and yep, yep, oh you know you're right, he's wrong, and he doesn't want to listen. That's what happens.
Speaker 2: This exact fight has happened before between Nick and I ree.
Speaker 1: You're right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, he stands her back up and they just continue fighting. Becky says, if you think kissing me is going to solve this, then you've been watching too many old movies. And it just so happens that the blow dried side of beef and I we're gonna have dinner tonight with you. And if you didn't lose your temper and act like such a jealous maniac, I could have told you that in the first place.
Speaker 1: Ha ha ha.
Speaker 2: There, thank you, thank you. He finally let her talk, like seventeen minutes later, he finally let her talk.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't even know if he led her. She just was like, all right, we're no, you're just wanting to kiss and makeup. You need to listen to what you've done. Mm hm. Yeah.
Speaker 2: She's a smart woman. She's a good role model. I love Becky so much. Jesse finally takes a breath and realizes that he's been acting like a jerk.
Speaker 1: You think, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Finally he apologizes and explains how that's just the way he is when he's jealous. Like that excuses it.
Speaker 1: Well, then you need to.
Speaker 2: Work on it. He needs some anger management therapy, he needs he needs to stop and breathe.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 2: Jesse insists that Becky acts jealous too, and mentions when he hit on the waitress as an example.
Speaker 1: Now, who's turning it around on who?
Speaker 2: This is not the way. Yeah, he's just sidestepping the all this and he's just blaming it back on her. Come on, Jesse, yeah, Becky admits, Okay, well, maybe I was jealous for a split second. Jesse asks how it felt, and Becky says it was the worst split second of my life. Jesse starts to pace as he describes what he thought this weekend was supposed to be about. He mentions how he was going to tell her he loved her, and she immediately says, I love you too. Jesse doesn't hear her at first, of course, and continues to describe.
Speaker 1: His ideal weekend, the whole thing, the whole description of the weekend that he's tagging along for. By the way, on your trip, you're right, it's her work trip, yes trip, and that's the whole reason you're even going. And then you act a fool and cause all this drama, and then you're just mad because it didn't go the way you wanted it to go on a trip that wasn't yours to begin with.
Speaker 2: He's still not totally getting it. He's calmed down, but he's still like, not totally getting it.
Speaker 1: I still have he still needs to learn how to listen.
Speaker 2: I agree, Becky, asks if he heard her, and he goes, yeah, you said I love you too, and then he realizes what just occurred. He shouts and jumps on the couch.
Speaker 1: Whoo.
Speaker 2: That means we're in love.
Speaker 1: He cruise moment, he did.
Speaker 2: Yes, He grabs Becky and kisses her. He then confesses to being in love with her since the first day he saw her. Jesse aggressively tells her he wants to get married in Nevada so that everybody knows she is his. I know he's ruined this. Yeah, he's ruined it. He's ruined this moment, ruined the moment for me. Oh, I just because now I'm with my own name.
Speaker 1: That's how That's how upset I am is I just choked myself with my own headphone cord I.
Speaker 2: He was building to a lovely moment and then he's like, I want to possess you. Know.
Speaker 1: What I have to say is this is all incredibly toxic Yasier.
Speaker 2: Yes, kids, if you're listening like this is a red.
Speaker 1: Kids, if you're listening, this is not a good example of a relationship. If a dude shows up freaks out like this, doesn't listen, has a whole thing blames it on you, does all this stuff, kisses you, doesn't listen to your thing, goes off about it's all about him and you disappointed him. And then when he finally realizes that you did something to make him happy that he always wanted, then all of a sudden he wants to own you and marry you.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know.
Speaker 2: It's very women women and women are property.
Speaker 4: It's it's it's just just I I have.
Speaker 2: I had a lot of thoughts on this one. I know who wrote this one. Oh, it was like the four writers that wrote yeah and again.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's you know, I think I think you know, at a certain point women of a certain age, you go okay, we no no, no, no, no, no no. Maybe when you're like twenty five, this is the thing. You're like, oh, this is so romantic. No, no, this is no. No one needs to fight like this.
Speaker 2: This episode is like a warning to all of the single ladies out there, like right, run and you know.
Speaker 1: What and right and I'm sure And at the time I was like, oh, Jesse and Beck you're so in love. I'm like, no, this is a terrible idea. And Jesse doesn't know what he's talking about. And needs to go. You'll do some therapy.
Speaker 2: Well that's why I'm so torn, because I love Jesse and Becky so much, like they are so holes in so many ways. But this scene, well, but you know there, Jesse's so problematic.
Speaker 1: Jesse was kind of problematic sometimes, even if fuller. When he walks in the door, Becky's carrying all the bags.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's right. That's always, it's always it's always about Jesse. Yeah, you know gets when you're that good looking, you think you can get away with this.
Speaker 1: But it's you know, how far we've come in terms of how we view relationships. But this true. Yeah, anyway, let's get to the end.
Speaker 2: Get to the end. I know, I know we're almost there. Becky doesn't have an answer to this pseudo proposal and just puts a hand to his head like maybe he has a fever. She doesn't know what to say, so Jesse grabs her hands and says, Rebecca Donaldson, I love you, and if anything has ever been right, it's you and me gets down on one knee and asks her to marry him. No, no, it's much better than I own you, Like, that's way better.
Speaker 1: But it's still I feel it's still coming from the same place. Yeah, but at least he's I need to make you mine so that you never have breakfast with anyone else again. And it feels.
Speaker 2: But then like but then like, but then Lori cries like, but that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful, right, she does a great job. She does such a good job. She's so Laurie's so vulnerable and open and like, she handles this scene so well.
Speaker 1: It got to me.
Speaker 2: It got to me, it really, even with problematic Jesse. I mean, you know, all the Becky and Jesse shippers were just.
Speaker 1: Like melting right over meanwhile, sitting here shocked that we let this sort of toxic behavior be you know, don't accepted on the relationship. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well anyway, it's we'll see what happens next. But the tear down the cheek Jesse mouth have mercy. They slowly kiss and we get.
Speaker 1: To be continued, and that is our shot to drag this poor behavior out for another twenty two minutes.
Speaker 2: So I know, I mean, I know what happens because I've seen I know what happens because well they don't I know, they get married in a future scenes.
Speaker 1: Well, all we know is Howie's not here, so therefore it can't be the wedding.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's right, how he's not Howie.
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 2: I miss Howie.
Speaker 1: After this episode.
Speaker 2: This makes you then you know it's bad.
Speaker 1: I'm interested to see what happens next. I mean, I know, obviously we know what. You know that there's gonna be some decisions that have to be made.
Speaker 2: How does it come about?
Speaker 1: Do they have a conversation? How does Jesse handle it? I don't feel like it's gonna be handled.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's true. Yeah, he hasn't done any growing in this episode. So yeah, I'm a little worried about the next episode.
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: We'll see. I'm curious how the fans feel about this. I feel like the people love John Stamos. They love Jesse and Becky so much that I feel like they're gonna be very forgiving. Well, yeah, I love him, but this was this is a toxic personality, Like this is a toxic trait. You know, the two things can be true at once. You can love John and Jesse Becky yep, and you could acknowledge that Jesse is problematic.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep.
Speaker 2: And that's in Yeah, well then this kind of in general.
Speaker 1: He's got a good heart and he's well intentioned.
Speaker 2: He's just got to do he's got to.
Speaker 1: Do some some things, some work. He's got to do some work, as we all do.
Speaker 2: He's got to do some emotional work. Yes, yes, as we all do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: Therapy wasn't as big as the Laddies, No, not, not, not as it is now true.
Speaker 1: And you know he had Grandpa Nick. It's just who doesn't one to grandma? I even going to night school, so you know, but yes, you're right what I'm saying, this is all it's learned behavior and Jesse just has to do someone learning and we're here for it, and fans, we're going to take you through it, through the healing of Jesse Katzopolis.
Speaker 2: I hope he's come a long way.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: As far as being a family man, we saw in the last episode that he's you know, he's there for the family. He likes being part of the family team. He just needs to work on his relationships. Yeah, like his his love love relationships. Check that uh that that.
Speaker 1: The little misogynistic streak a little bit Yeah true.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Wait, everywhere he looks. There's some big ones. The one you've already one, You've already.
Speaker 1: Mentioned, one I've mentioned, and I had a second one.
Speaker 2: I think I probably have the same one, which is the other everywhere you look, which is our stage manager. Yes, which is Mark Sandrowski. Yes, he's he's in the scene, in the scene as the as the stage manager.
Speaker 1: Ye, as a stage manager for Wake Up San Francisco. Mark Sandrowski, who was Dave Coolier's best friends since they were nine years old in Michigan, who wanted to get into the business and came out and started working on our show, and uh, you know, had done all the things and became a second a d and then he came to full House and he and Dave had been friends, but he was yeah, you see him on there, and then that is the same Mark Sandrowski that would years later go on to direct and win Emmys.
Speaker 2: For The Big Bank Perry. So here he is. Yeah again another thing he started, We started started, he started, yeah, yeah, but no, but it was he mentioned us in his acceptance, right, yeah, exactly, but it is. No.
Speaker 1: It is pretty cool to see though, you know, we and and Mark would have been the he was the second, right, he was our second.
Speaker 2: Ad, yeah, because he so, Keith was our was our.
Speaker 1: First and back in the earlier seasons we would I saw Keith one or two times. But oh yeah, you know, now the show has gotten slightly bigger, and now we need we can't have Keith, you know, messing about. We need him actually doing his job. Yeah, we all hands on deck. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now for all these extras in the scenes in and then, and Loretta, John's mom is actually the one combing Todd Master's hair. Yeah, yeah, she's coman's hair, doing a touch up. Yeah. So I was just like, I didn't register when Danny says, oh, Loretta's doing my makeup or whatever. It didn't occur to me that Loretta is actually in the scene. I wonder touching up makeup.
Speaker 1: Now. I wonder if guy that played Todd Masters, since he was from General Hospital, like you said, if John and him knew each other.
Speaker 2: I wonder if Loretta had met him before.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what I mean. I wonder if that was kind of a fun little like a little ha ha, yeah, that.
Speaker 2: She knew him as well. Maybe that's true because she's not touching up Danny and she's not touching up Becky or Jesse for that matter. So yeah, they probably knew each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. I mean, I don't think we. I just don't think we see it. But I do wonder if you know, because of the general hospital connection.
Speaker 2: They will be met before I'm gonna go with yes, I'm gonna say yes. I'm gonna say yes too. Well, delicious everywhere he looks, I love. Yeah, they were great every everywhere you books were people that we know in this in this one, although not in the in.
Speaker 1: The the the casino I didn't see, and in the audience, although again, I feel like I feel like somehow some of those, like the older women, were somehow attached to somebody's family. And I don't know who or what, but I feel like it has to be. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, anytime an extra gets a close.
Speaker 1: Up or right right, or is like a bit to do, it's usually it's somebody who's Yeah, who was that person really? Anyway? Oh I am, I'm I'm full of thoughts and I'm on tenter hooks waiting for the next for the next episode, which is the final episode of season two.
Speaker 2: How how have we already gotten to this? We have made it through two seasons of the show. A wow, wow, and we're still We're still standing. People are still listening to us. This is great.
Speaker 1: I mean it's great.
Speaker 2: I'm loving this. I'm having such a good time with you, Like, oh my gosh, it's so much fun, even more fun than I expected. Like it's so satisfying, awarding, and I get to see you regularly.
Speaker 1: It's so nice they get to see you bat in my week, laugh and and have more fun bits with with my favorite ab. I just love it. But yeah, next next episode, Season two, episode twenty two, Lucky a Lady Part two. Mmm, here we come.
Speaker 2: I'm excited. I can't wait.
Speaker 1: End of second season. Wait, it's almost here and then Monto Moore to see what could possibly happen next?
Speaker 2: How do they top this?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Why do they welp this?
Speaker 1: I have no idea, but I bet the I bet the fan ritos do because they've probably watched all of this many, many many times, multiple times through they excited heart. But thank you everyone to joining us for another fun episode of How Rude Tannerito's.
Speaker 2: We really appreciate you guys. Keep being here and listening.
Speaker 1: If you want to check ust out on Instagram, send us d MS, or follow the page. You can find us at how Rude Podcast. You can also send us emails at how ud podcast at gmail dot com. You can also make sure you're liking and subscribing to the podcast wherever you're listening so that you can get all of the newest episodes as soon as they're released, and make sure to you know, like it, and you know give it a rating and leave comments.
Speaker 2: And all that.
Speaker 1: We love hearing what you guys have to say and all the things that you send us. So we will see you for the next episode, the final episode season two. But in the meantime, remember everybody, the world is small, the house is full.
Speaker 2: The hesitation helps help you, Like, I have a minute because I had to quickly run through them head Well done, well done, sweet