Speaker 1: It's time for the Bobby Bones post show. Here's your host, Bobby Bones. Oh god, I saw this story. I wanted to kind of talk about it and try to figure out what really happened. Fascinating news out of South Africa from News twenty four. Police there investigating case involving two suspects who allegedly shape shifted and became cats to escape from their holding cells last week. So police are investigating a strange case involving two suspects who shape shifted, became cats and escaped from the Meyerton Police station holding cells. The suspects, brothers Omari and Ali Mustafa, were among eleven suspects who are arrested for possession of a hijacked good O'mari has since been rearrested, his brother remains on the run. In the summary of events given to Gudin Tang Provincial Commissioner Tommy m and Binni Police say the two men allegedly disappeared while being processed into their holding cells. The statement reads the cell commander, the warrant officer and the constable were also in cells. They were locked in as well with the suspects. When it was a turn to change this other two suspects, those two brothers, their names were called, but they couldn't be found. They were locked in the cell with them. Among those suspects, there's a third who informed police that he also saw these two suspects make a strange like ol bird noise. They turned into cats and escaped while the gate was still locked. He gave a statement. The officer who wrote the statement said, on his arrival, he personally went to the cells and took a head count. The process, Intels physically counted the innimates one by one to ensure that the numbers tally. So this is a corruption, and somebody let them out right, and they made a crazy story here and then they just had the story that they turned into cats.
Speaker 2: So people think they're crazy and they're really confused.
Speaker 3: Inside job unless they're magicians out of the year. But magicians don't have real magic.
Speaker 1: So and I get on TikTok and sometimes I get that show from the early two thousands, Magician's Tricks Revealed. It was awesome back in the day. He show you how to do all the tricks, and he wore a mask and the final episode he unveiled who he really was. And I didn't know him. Oh, in Copperfield, there was no one like that, but all the magicians were getting mad at him. But I think of a magician's it's not real magic. There's no such thing as magic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's sleight of hand, right.
Speaker 2: But it's awesome.
Speaker 1: But you can't slide of hand if there's an actual gate holding you that you can't get through.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: So my suspicion would be that it was absolutely an inside job, and this is just what they say because they know that people will be so entertained that.
Speaker 2: It's going to confuse I'm like, what do you mean they turned into cats?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: They turned into cats?
Speaker 1: I mean, how do you argue prove they didn't, right, right, if there's no cameras, There no cameras proved they didn't turn into cats.
Speaker 3: That's a pretty good one. So you're saying, like the prison people are making this story up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure there's some sort of corruption within somebody that works there. I'm not sure I would think the cop, the constable, whomever, the arresting officer to actually free them so they get out.
Speaker 3: They're like, dang, we just got out. We say we're shaped. This is pretty cool.
Speaker 1: They catch one of the other brothers who comes back in, they still can't catch the other one.
Speaker 3: And if I were that brother, then do it again, mister shape shifter. Yeah, come on, hey, if you could do it once, let me have it. Let's see it again, or just been I'm not going to show you.
Speaker 1: You did it already wants to do it again.
Speaker 3: So it feels like they're involved. Somebody's involved.
Speaker 2: Someone let them out of the cell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, somebody who probably got some money from something they tried to hijack.
Speaker 3: Who was in on that process.
Speaker 1: So I saw that. Thanks for let me share that. John Lennon's glasses are up for sale for auction.
Speaker 3: The ones he was wearing when he got killed.
Speaker 1: No, a pair of round, blue tinted glasses worn by John Lennon in nineteen sixty nine are up for auction. The glasses, which were given to a man in nineteen sixty eight at Abbey Road Studios, are expected to fetch around four thousand dollars. The man apparently saw the glasses lying on a piano, went to pick him up, and was told by his girlfriend to leave them, to which Lennon replied, it's okay, you can have them. The glasses will be auctioned off on the thirty first of July at Fairly Golf Club in Surrey, along with the collection of thirty three black and white photographs taking an Abbey Road. I'm not a John Lennon guy. Who had to be my favorite beatle? Who's your favorite? Paul, Yeah, for sure?
Speaker 3: Really John, John's my favorite.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: John was all too like, I'm breaking up the band. I got a girl, I'm making.
Speaker 1: Up the band. That's that was the rumor of peace in love, and Paul was like, let's just go baby. Yeah, Paul just kept going. Also, John didn't keep going because he died. He has murdered.
Speaker 3: Correct, But he's still making music though, Yeah, but not after he died.
Speaker 1: Well before, Paul just kept going wings like I like, I guess I like Paul McCarney because he's still hanging around.
Speaker 3: I can say yeah, but.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I wantn't.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't want to care about Johnlennon.
Speaker 5: Stuff before grand for like, I don't know it'll go for more than that. Oh okay, that's just what they think.
Speaker 1: And also the story is the guy saw him on a piano, never even saw him on John Lennon's.
Speaker 2: Head, So how do we know they're his?
Speaker 1: We're only basing it off of hearsay, yeah, but hearsays value.
Speaker 5: This is kind of like my my the capo that Chris Stapleton le from the studio. So the KPO is the thing you put on the guitar, and so like he left in the studio and it says Chris Stapleton on it, and I said, oh, let me save it till when he comes back. And then he came back and I said, Chris, he left this here last time. He saidn't worry, man, I keep that same thing, just like John Lennon should keep that. And I still have it. I use it every every time I play guitar.
Speaker 2: And you tell people Chris Stapleton gave it to you, right, It would be.
Speaker 1: Cool ast if you could prove he had it on his guitar at some point that says Chris Stapleton on it.
Speaker 3: Can I can anybody cannounce it's true? You can get that done?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Or if you had if it was like him in the studio and he said that we had it on camera or something.
Speaker 5: I don't have any of that I know, but it's all hearsay.
Speaker 1: But the difference is that's now. Yeah, no, I can easily go to there's one hundred. But we were all here with you. No I us remember that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is like a special moment between Chris.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't want the glasses four thousand bucks, but I bet they go for like twenty. Yeah, everything is really auctioning high right now. American's top party ends. This is from the Boxed Wholesale Survey. Number one is peaking in a room that it's closed when you go to someone's house.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's a sin.
Speaker 1: They're just saying things that aren't cool.
Speaker 3: Not cool.
Speaker 2: Man, got it at somebody's house that room party, gotcha? Okay.
Speaker 3: I kind of like that. I like looking in those rooms, just be like, what's nice? Very voyeuristic of you, snooping. Well, you know, like where's the bathroom? They go down there? You're walking down a hall and you kind of look, Oh, that's cool, it's a nice room in there.
Speaker 2: Let me see what that bedroom looks like.
Speaker 3: You guys do that? What about medicine cabinet? Yeah? I like to see what's in there.
Speaker 2: Well, I never I don't care.
Speaker 3: I think some people care because they want to take what's in there too.
Speaker 2: Well, they're looking for some pills.
Speaker 5: People never say I use my my bedroom bathroom like that's always like the guest bathroom.
Speaker 3: There's nothing in there.
Speaker 1: I go into the bathroom and not washing your hands, I do that. Do we have hot water here now and sent the new owners? I believe we do. Is it warm?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I don't think so, man.
Speaker 1: I swear to god it was warm last week.
Speaker 3: Maybe because it's so cold in the studio that when you wash your hands cold water.
Speaker 1: That's stupid. It's a stupid excuse. I don't know. I swear to you, I wash my hands and it was warm last week for the first time. Because we have new owners of this building, we're moving out. They just bumped us back again on moving really, yeah, it was July, that it was August, then it was September and now Scuba Steve, I believe we don't move to lot And if you're listening to the show, doesn't matter to you because we sound the same wherever we go. But for us, it's quite the undertaking. When do we move now?
Speaker 6: Now it's looking like October and then Merry Christmas.
Speaker 1: I'm standing by.
Speaker 3: We never leave, but I feel bad for the people that own the building. We're like the people that won't move out. We're squatters. Yeah, we're squatters.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be on another radioh where we're talking about how knowing squatters are because we've squatted the whole bottom floor of this building.
Speaker 2: I mean they have plans for this bottom floor.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm sure they do. They expect us to be out. When's our contract up? Scuba, do you know? So?
Speaker 6: I mean this would be a little two in the weeds. But I feel like the current owner is okay with us, saying because they like the rent money I'm getting when i'm gathering.
Speaker 1: Oh and our people don't want to pay the rent money.
Speaker 6: Of course, yeah, because they're paying rent somewhere else.
Speaker 1: God.
Speaker 6: So I believe our thing is up in end of August, but we may have to extend it now with this contract.
Speaker 2: Oh when you go month to month, ARDU like ten times?
Speaker 1: And what's the deal? Why are we moving?
Speaker 6: Well, so it's a whole like train. So when something is behind, it makes the next part behind. So they had to put all the furniture in which they're finishing up now, which then once the engineering team gets to go and that's another eight weeks. So once this is finished and they can go in, that's a solid two months of getting wires in that.
Speaker 3: Kind of Now, your fault that it's boring is just a boring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why don't we just stay here?
Speaker 3: They just told you they don't want to pay double rent. Do you not hear what he said?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Why why do we leave this building in the first place, is what I was saying.
Speaker 3: Because they sold the building, I know.
Speaker 6: But there's so much equity and they could use to put towards other things.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh okay, hey business, hey busines man.
Speaker 1: You should know that across the country too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well maybe.
Speaker 3: When you're a meeting with Krogers. It's soon, very soon. I got updates very soon. Okay, dude, good stuff.
Speaker 5: We've had some communication and this is going to be a bigger meeting than I thought.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 5: It's not just a dude that I saw at Kroger. I wants to talk about stuff. It's a bigger meeting than I thought.
Speaker 2: I hold it. I don't want to hear it right now.
Speaker 1: I do. Let me do, the party says, and I do want to hear hold on wiping hands on something that's not a napkin. My wife, we were having dinner of the night and I, after, I'll do this my hands, like rub them together, then I'll wipe on my pants. She's like, you're an adult. This is a napkin right in front of you. That my kids do that, and napkin right in front of you. Come on, and they grow up in napkins like pepper towels some but I guess I just don't go to the napkin and she'll take it. Put in your nap double dipping, spilling something and not cleaning it up, not bringing a gift or a bottle, parking behind another car where they can't get out.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you do that. No, I've seen it happen though, But yeah, I don't ever bring a bottle though.
Speaker 1: That for that one was over drinking. That's another one, and that what a party is for you drink. I need to know more about this croker thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So apparently they're bringing in people from other stores to hear my pitch.
Speaker 1: What's the pitch?
Speaker 3: My chicken? Like, what I'm going to do?
Speaker 5: What are you gonna do? I'm gonna sell with The plan is to sell my chicken and Kroger.
Speaker 3: No, we know what you want to happen, but what are you gonna do?
Speaker 5: And so I want to partner with Kroger since they already have rotisserie chicken, I'd like to add all to that. That's their bit, that's their product. I want to add smoking chicken to Kroger. But how are you gonna add it? What are you going to do for them?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, Well, I mean I don't really want to make the chicken, so I want to kind of pick their brand and see how we can collaborate on something that they can make and put my name on it.
Speaker 3: Well, why would they do that when they can already do that without paying you?
Speaker 1: I can help them sell it. How are you going to help them sell it? Beyond what their channels they already have. It's not like we're gonna talk about it.
Speaker 3: Power of my social media, power of me going and smoking chickens live on the lot like they just power there. Yeah, dude, you say I'm gonna go in the parking lot, I'll be there from two to six smoking chickens. Come see me. Do We'll sell out no time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll only be able to make like ten.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: Well, that's the problem. So I have to get some more grills and all that. So I got to get my ducks in a row. Man, I don't really know what I'm doing right now, but we have a meeting coming up real soon. How do you have a meeting real soon? You don't know what you're doing, That's what I'm saying. But see, why do you ask me this where people can hear.
Speaker 1: Because I'm trying to walk you through what you don't know so you can be better prepared. What you have is the intellectual property that they need in order to make a new product.
Speaker 3: I write that down. I have the intellectual property.
Speaker 1: Which is your specific recipe for how this chicken is made and how this chicken is refrigerated and sold. You don't want to go and pick their brains. The last thing they want to do is go in to a meeting where they have to help you help them. They want you to tell them why it would be awesome for them to get in business with you.
Speaker 3: So I should already have all those You should have all that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but I really don't know.
Speaker 2: I got this product. I want you to make it.
Speaker 1: Tell me more.
Speaker 2: I want you to make it. I'm selling your store, ready.
Speaker 1: To spend a bunch of money, keep going. And yeah that is so, But how are you going to help me? I got social media, man.
Speaker 3: So does everybody else, and you have like ten million followers.
Speaker 2: No, no, but I'll stand in your parking lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well everybody does that all day anyway.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not really sure what I'm doing, but I'm here to see how you guys can help me out.
Speaker 1: You're picking my brain? Why did you pick my brain?
Speaker 3: You guys aren't really being helpful here.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 5: You're just making fun of me. You're making fun of me, and you're not You have a big opportunity.
Speaker 1: I want you to do great, so I need to make sure you're making fun of me, putting you in a good place to be challenged. So when you show up and they challenge you, and you meet that challenge, that's what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: By playing out a dumb scenario.
Speaker 1: You said you're gonna go and pick their brain. The last thing they want to do in a pitch meeting is have me pick their brain.
Speaker 2: The first thing you don't want to say in the meeting is hey, I don't want to make this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want you.
Speaker 2: I want you guys to make it.
Speaker 3: No, I want to make it. I can't make it right now, that's what you.
Speaker 1: Do A canal won't there's no need.
Speaker 3: So what do I say, I can make you ten chickens?
Speaker 1: No, what you say is what I'm able to do is provide this secret recipe.
Speaker 3: I have the intellectual property.
Speaker 1: I own this.
Speaker 3: I don't tell anybody of that makes this great chicken. That's true. There's no can or won't there? Yeah, no, I didn't. I wasn't anticipating saying I can't.
Speaker 1: You already said that when I first asked you a question. You're not the pill like because I can't make them.
Speaker 5: But I'm talking to you as a friend. You're not Kroger. You're just my friend right now, and I'm talking to you about what I don't know.
Speaker 1: I felt like I hate to tell you.
Speaker 2: Like before they go on Shark Tank, they practice in front of people like that.
Speaker 1: That's what we were doing. I was trying to run up through it. He won't even take it.
Speaker 3: You have to tell you he was making fun of you. How we are, Yes, because if.
Speaker 2: You don't like he's Kroger, then you you're not going to be ready.
Speaker 3: He's not Kroger, he's Bobby. But if you don't act like I'm it's like a witness practicing. Yeah, they do that. Why do you think they do that? So then get ready to be prepared.
Speaker 1: So if anything comes to them. Why do you think athletes do media training something? But you just threw it.
Speaker 3: You asked me what's going on?
Speaker 1: And you said very soon?
Speaker 3: And how do you not have it ready if it's very soon? Because I didn't get ready? It's that. But dude, big things are happening. This is crazy, a little nervous, and all this little scenario you played out is making me more nervous. I think that's good.
Speaker 1: I think you thought you had it under control, but I don't know what you thought you had under control. Chickens, if you have an opportunity to impress them that what you were doing was not impressive, Okay, ten thousand guys can make ten thousand good chickens.
Speaker 3: Please then make them like you say, like number one songs. Okay, it's so easy to write that song, right, but then write it.
Speaker 1: They do.
Speaker 3: I make the chicken, you don't. They do make it.
Speaker 5: With my intellectual property which is a spice? What's an electional property?
Speaker 3: Something I own that you can't have. It's only mine, It's only mine.
Speaker 1: Is a meeting in the next ten days?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, sooner than that? Hey, Ray, predict Eddy's meeting today. Don't make fun of me.
Speaker 1: Predict his meeting. How it's going to go. Well, thank god you told him that.
Speaker 7: It gave him a different headspace because he was going to go in there and bounce ideas. All oh yeah, he's ready to put up a white board and be like, all right, guys, let's start with the word chicken.
Speaker 3: What comes to mind like that? That's it's not bad. It's not bad. No.
Speaker 7: I think that was good because I got his head working in different directions where he needs to be more controlling in the meeting and not So what do you guys think.
Speaker 3: About my chicken?
Speaker 1: You're not a beta in these meetings? Yeah, you're an alpha.
Speaker 3: You're an alpha, and alphas don't say can't or won't. Gosha, I never been called an alpha.
Speaker 1: We're not calling you one. We're saying you have to be one.
Speaker 3: This is tricky.
Speaker 7: You need to eat one of your sandwiches the whole time you're doing the meeting.
Speaker 3: Like you can't resist it? Oh?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 3: Well, you dropping barbecue sauce everywhere we will be.
Speaker 1: That's kind of a great idea about Ray is that as you're doing it, like your wife, for somebody shows up with a bunch of cooked hot chick chicken and we eat it, and you send one home with everybody as well, that it's cold, that it would be in the so they can see how good it is as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, takes a bit of an investment, but what doesn't. Yeah, if you want Hey, if you want to be big, you gotta think big, right. I feel like I only like fifty per in this company. What do you mean you have better ideas than I do. No, no, no, I just feel like I can probably go pitch it right now. Come with me, man, that'd be huge, it'd be awesome. I hope I would you land it without me? Forget my wife? Dude? Know what, if you come in, bring in the chicken.
Speaker 1: I want you to land it without me because that would be really cool that you did. You did this without me, That'll be.
Speaker 3: All right, right, But think about this though, I'm like, all right, guys, So here's my pitch blah blah blah. I was like, you know what, let me do one better. Hey, bones come in here, and they're like, oh my gosh, that's Bobby. I lay in an apron and nothing else. I brought your chickens.
Speaker 1: Brought your chicken all right, let's do a midroll here, RAYMONDO, all right.
Speaker 3: Let's go talk to Jared in Utah. Who's on the phone. We appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Can you put them up? Ray? Hey? Jared? All right, buddy, what's up? Hey, it's Bobby. What's going on?
Speaker 4: Not much. I just wanted to say thank you for giving me totally one of the best last I've had in over a week by doubling down on your saying that he did at the end of the first podcast. I listened to yesterday's podcast and at the end of the first part he made me laugh with tears. So I just wanted to say thank you for giving me one of the best laughs I've had in a long time because it was funny as hell.
Speaker 1: Thank you. A lot of people are getting upset about the end song. Do we have the produced version? So I am not pulling when I sing at the end of the first podcast, And the reason was people are like, hey, we need to know when the first podcast ends so we can get to the second one. And I'm like, I don't know how you do your podcast, but mine usually roll. But let's say there, you're listening to the first one and the second one is not even up yet, second half, and so it goes out, don't ask me. So they said, please say when the first one's over.
Speaker 3: So I went on. I was like, this is the end of the podcast.
Speaker 1: And then people started calling me going stop singing, and so I'm like, I'm not taking it off, but I can turn up the volume a little bit. And that is the end of the first half of the podcast. That is the end of the first half of the podcast. That is the end of the first podcast. That is the end of the first time of the podcast. You can go to the podcast too, or you can wait till podcast to come out.
Speaker 3: Wow, thank you very much. That's really good. Slapper whapper, that's what we got.
Speaker 5: Now we'll probably change it up a few times and somehow you got away from the Hall to the Chief.
Speaker 3: There's only the first part of melody. This is the end of I'm just very that. No, that's good stuff.
Speaker 2: Very Christmas like I'm now in the spirit for Christmas.
Speaker 3: Christmas chief, that's all I hear. Do It's not and a little yankee doodle.
Speaker 1: Now we're talking. It does sound a little yankee doodle a little bit. Uh. People have withdrawn their plants to donate their bodies to Harvard Medical School in the year since news broke to the school's morgue manager was pillaging bodies that were donated to the school.
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 3: What does that means?
Speaker 1: Like, uh, going through selling power instead of donating for the school To learn on that story was that, you know, there was some nefarious activity happening, and so now people are going, hey, I don't want to donate there.
Speaker 3: And you know, I felt that. I mean, people that work with dead bodies. They're not, but we need they're not they're not I get it, but they're not old, right, but we need them. Yeah, I get it. Yeah, But if it paid a whole bunch of money.
Speaker 1: Why don't you do it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Man for a million dollars a year?
Speaker 3: Oh man, Okay, yeah, that's my point. But that's not what they get paid.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying everybody has like a breaking point of when they'll do something that makes them uncomfortable, and maybe they're not a comforable dead bodies. I mean, look a police officers. They have to deal a dead bodies all the time. But anyway, I wouldn't if I heard this place where I wanted to donate my body, it was good it was.
Speaker 3: There, I would have donated. They'd be shipping my wing or off in Maryland.
Speaker 1: Some dude paid three bucks for it on eBay. Seventy percent of people initially assume strangers are nice. Thirty percent assume they're not lunchbocks. How do you feel about strangers?
Speaker 2: I'm cool with strangers.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like everybody's nice?
Speaker 2: Um? I don't really think about them as nice. I'm just like, are they gonna want to hang out with me? I'm famous? They probably know who I am.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's it.
Speaker 1: I feel like I am bothersome to everyone. I feel like everybody's generally pretty nice, but I feel like I am bothers some. Therefore, I don't really talk to people because most people I feel like don't want to be talked to. Now, if I need to, I can, But I feel like they're probably nice, but they just don't want to deal with me.
Speaker 2: But you can look at someone and be like, oh, they're annoying. You don't want to talk to that person.
Speaker 1: You can tell if they're annoying.
Speaker 3: Yeahs, based on what their appearance.
Speaker 2: Well, by the way they stay.
Speaker 1: The airport, there was a guy on speakerphone walking around loud on speaker doing a work call.
Speaker 3: But sometimes people just aren't aware. Okay, that's annoying. Yeah, that would be an annoying person. But but that's not a bad person.
Speaker 1: I was married to him.
Speaker 3: Oh that's true. I always think that too, Like.
Speaker 1: This, like he was on okay, aside from speaking loud walking around on the phone of the airport.
Speaker 3: That also he was very.
Speaker 1: Loud, and you could go, hey, you could be a little quieter and go sit up in the corner or something. It's fine, not all that he was walking around with it on speaker like. Well, I told Mark, if we didn't sell nineteen share, what's the point buddy?
Speaker 3: It was really And then I thought I hit a weddering on. I was like, somebody's married to this.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 3: I feel like strangers were nice though, Let's see.
Speaker 2: But also, is speakerphone any worse than being on the bluetooth.
Speaker 3: It's way worse because you can hear two people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to hear this one and you're having to speak louder because it's on speaker and they're not speaking right to the microphone.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: It is weird when people are on the bluetooth thing because just if you don't see it right, yeah, and you're like.
Speaker 2: What you're talking to me, I'm not talking to you.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, Edie.
Speaker 1: Your son got laid off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, it's tough, dude, layoff. He was working at a camp and they just told him like, hey, we're not gonna need you to come anymore. Not fired, no, laid off. Fired. They're they're just low on campers, so they're like, we don't need you anymore. And it's summer's ending, and yeah, yeah, we only had a couple of weeks left anyway. But still he was like, dang, I was looking forward to those two weeks of pay. And I'm like, that's awesome that you're experiencing this, because that's life. Like, yeah, you were expecting that money. You probably had plans for that money, but just came out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: Money guns are.
Speaker 2: That's right, I've been laid off man. Yeah, Sam's Club sixty four sixteen.
Speaker 1: How was that conversation?
Speaker 2: I was rough man. So I got there at like two in the afternoon, and the guy before me that works the morning, shit, he would work seven to three and he didn't have to do anything. He'd just leave all the carts out there because he leaves at three no matter what. So I spent an hour and a half out there in the sun of San Antonio, Texas heat summer, pushing those carts up that hill, got the parking lot cleared. And then Barbie comes out there and says, hey, can I speak to you for a minute?
Speaker 3: That her name are you saying? She looking at Barbie.
Speaker 2: No, her name is Barbie and she was married to Ken.
Speaker 3: Stop that you're making that up.
Speaker 2: I swear, I'm not joking.
Speaker 3: I swear, okay.
Speaker 2: And so she calls me back in the office and she was like, hey, you know, we've been having to lay some people off, and I'm just really sorry to tell you that we're laying you off. And I was like, so you just let me sit out there for an hour and a half and clean the parking lot and then you laid me off. She goes, I didn't realize you would already been here. It's you know, been a busy day, you know, realize it. Oh she really really, you know. And I was and i'd just been talking to Weeda at the front door. She was the greeter and I was like, I could be me next to you, and She's like, no, we're not. You're not going anywhere.
Speaker 3: You're too good.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, twenty minutes later, I was going.
Speaker 3: Did you go them right then?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That was it?
Speaker 1: Did you get your full day pay? No? That was it?
Speaker 3: Oh man, that was it? See it later out immediately.
Speaker 2: Yep. She walked me to the clock out and walked me out the door.
Speaker 3: Because she thought you might well, just because trouble. They always do. They get walked out.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: But that's if you get fired laid off.
Speaker 1: Are you really going to flip out if they have to lay people off, because I mean, I get it, you're probably still upset.
Speaker 2: I mean, I was just the highest paid cart guy. So that's what it was.
Speaker 3: All that money, dude, all that all poppy. You don't be the tallest poppy. They cut you down.
Speaker 2: That's the problem is you don't want to be the head of the head hon chokers. They're like, oh, we can cut my budget there, and they cut me. And then I tried to go to another SAMs. They wouldn't hire me, so I had to go to a Walmart and they made me take a pay cut. But hey man, that's life.
Speaker 3: Things worked out pretty well since then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And what I was really mad though, is that the GM that he didn't do the laying off like I don't think he liked me, and I think he'd made Barbie do the dirty work because he didn't like me very much.
Speaker 1: So did he actually fire you? But he used laying off as a way to do it without having to like give you severance for two weeks?
Speaker 2: Maybe? I don't. Who knows, But I never got to get an answer about that.
Speaker 3: Which that's that's a bit. He needs to go back and get that answer. Get that answer.
Speaker 2: That's Sam's clothes man.
Speaker 3: Who cares find him? I'm sure he's still around.
Speaker 1: What was his name?
Speaker 2: Oh man, I don't know, but a man. No, he wasn't very he didn't like he was very high.
Speaker 3: Joe, I want to play voicemail from Catherine.
Speaker 1: Here you go, thank you.
Speaker 8: I listened to your show daily and I just wanted to send an a joke for you guys. Why did the coffee I always taste we points because it was mobbed L well L sound like someone.
Speaker 3: Tied that into a computer. Yeah, and that was like that was the time.
Speaker 1: Lol. Here is d from Round Rock, Texas.
Speaker 4: Hi, Bobby's a question over you and Lunchbox was wondering if you're ever gonna tell us what NL armies.
Speaker 1: We don't know you by that. Yeah, twenty twenty five is a shot there.
Speaker 3: How long have you guys been keeping that secret?
Speaker 1: We don't really talk about that much anymore. Twenty twenty five is a big chance we'll finally reveal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's when we wrote down on our vision boards.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, we did the wish the kit.
Speaker 1: What's it called? What's it called now?
Speaker 3: Oprah, what's it called?
Speaker 2: Vision board?
Speaker 1: The board, the gift? Now when you put something up the secret the secret. Thank you Ray, of course Ray knows it. Thank you Ray.
Speaker 3: Here's Kelly from North Carolina.
Speaker 4: I so love coming to the end of the first half of the podcast. Your new song is even better than the first one. Thank you, thank you, thank you for not getting rid of it, and.
Speaker 3: To all those who do enjoy it, it actually makes you smile and better.
Speaker 1: Yet, then the second.
Speaker 4: Half of the podcast starts and Read's version of his song starts.
Speaker 2: And you sing that, Oh my gosh, what else to make you so happy throughout the day?
Speaker 1: Bring it on? Thank you, welcome Kelly, appreciate that.
Speaker 3: After that, it's what what when it goes.
Speaker 1: From that too? Wick up, wake up in the morning.
Speaker 3: That's cool.
Speaker 1: I think he's gonna put that song out on like streaming services with a second verse.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: He played the second verse of Portland was pretty good, and he was like, I'm gonna rap this, but it wasn't a rap. It was just kind of speaky.
Speaker 3: That's really good.
Speaker 1: Uh okay, I think that's it. Eddie.
Speaker 3: Good luck.
Speaker 1: Thank you if you're meeting us today. Good luck.
Speaker 2: I got a feeling this today.
Speaker 3: Thank you, guys. I can't tell you what it is, but thank you, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: You want to know what I think it was today. I'm pretty sure I song bring a cooler in today. I could have been your eggs.
Speaker 3: I didn't have anything on me today.
Speaker 2: Did you bring a cooler in little handheld?
Speaker 3: Huh huh. I don't know what you saw. Do you go one of those quiet basketballs, by the way, I've see those on TikTok. Yeah, dude, legit, but it looks like it's foam. It is foam.
Speaker 1: Does it dribble like a basketball?
Speaker 3: But it bounces like a basketball, just without the but.
Speaker 1: It does bounce.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like could you do ball handling drills?
Speaker 5: Yes, And that's kind of what's what we did it for because my boys, like they love to bring the basketball in and just like play in the kitchen. My wife just drives her nuts. So we found this and they have cheap ones and expensive ones. If you go the more expensive route, it's more like a basketball. The cheaper ones is just like a ball of phone ball. It doesn't really bounce, but it does feel like a basketball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude.
Speaker 5: It even shoots like a real basketball, Like it's crazy, like you shoot it and it bounds made of it's just like harder foam, like just a little thicker.
Speaker 1: Could you play basketball with it like two on two?
Speaker 3: No, No, it's not that good. I've seen those on TikTok. Yeah. Pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: All right, We're done. I hope you guys have a great day. We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Amy hasn't been in but hopefully she'll be in tomorrow. I think that's it all right. Thank you guys by