Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong in show, Getty Armstrong and Getty, and he Armstrong and Yetty. Thanks for tuning into the best weekend talk show in America. We are Armstrong and Getty. If you like what you're gonna hear here, there's lots of us out there. Look for Armstrong and Getty on demand. We do twenty hours of this every week, action packed week too. My gosh, enjoy.
Speaker 2: We've distilled it all down to the best weekend talk show in America?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 1: Benny said the other day, you're texting me about you'd rather talk about this than that? What was that? Oh? In general, I'd rather talk about it. I agree, he is than events. You know. That's why I brought it up. Retary news stories that nobody will talk about in two days and yeah, and actually matter and uh, I believe that wholeheartedly. And I don't know if it's just like been doing this too long, or my age or the media has gotten suck here, Like I turned on ABC this week, I've been watching the Sunday talk shows for thirty years longer, and they just have become so irrelevant to my life now. I turned on ABC this week, the Todd Bland sharing is like click fast forward. Then there was some James Comey's case about click fast forward that nobody, nobody, I know, no real human being is thinking about this stuff. I think you've hit on something really fundamental, though. When the government gets so enormous and powerful and rich as it is now, policy doesn't matter anymore. Who's in charge of the levers is the only thing that matters. And so often, you know, our votes are divorced from reasonable discussions about policy. So yeah, I just and I don't mean to be super negative. Life is still worth living and I intend to have a good day to day. But I'm reading Tim Sandifer's absolutely wonderful book Proclaiming Liberty, Jefferson Adams and the Declaration of Independence, and I cannot recommend it highly enough. But it's impossible not to compare and contrast the philosophies that launched this country and the idea of what the government would and would not be with what it is right now and not be a little bit discouraged. Anyway, Back to you enough, Okay, Mirth first Earth, for God's I was just setting up. I agree, I'd rather talk about bigger ideas or or big news events, but got the daily nobody and nobody can be talking about some of this stuff in a week, Nobody and cable news channels who have no viewers. I have to remind myself talk about it all day long. You know what one of my favorite parts of Tim's book is is And then we can get into the mirth ah ah.
Speaker 2: The fact that all these great thinkers that we talk about from the revolutionary period, the founding papas, a lot of them had read each other's screeds, but they'd never met. I mean, the vast majority of the Boston the Massachusetts guys knew the Massachusetts guys. The Virginia guys likewise set her up and down the coast, but they'd never met. And so when they first got together for the First Continental Congress, it was like, dude, big fan ears, really big love that piece you wrote about. Wow, I tip my feathered cap to you. And there they'd be like, please, you're too kind what you said about that. Oh, dude, you are the man, And there's a.
Speaker 1: Fair amount of that which is kind of cool. Love your stockings knee high cool. Yeah, wow, wow, nice fit to them. Where do you get those? So the first professional women's pro baseball game in since whenever that Tom Hanks movie There's No Crying in Baseball? Was that World War Two era that they decided to have women's professional baseball? I think because the dudes are off fighting. Yeah, I think that's right. Anyway, they brought it back. And so here's just some of the tweets I saw. And I actually have only heard a few notes of this song, so maybe it gets better and I'm hyping it up too much, but I saw all these different people that I know absolutely nothing could have prepared me for the national anthem at the women's pro baseball game. Another one. Nothing will prepare for you for this, and I mean nothing. Here's another one, the worst national anthem performance in history. Here's a palette cleanser and they bring a bunch of people. Had Whitney Houston's or Chris Stapleton's for a couple of years. That was, oh so good. If you need to cleanse your palate. Uh, this national anthem is sung at the women's professional baseball league game. This is a hate crime. Okay. Having set it up that way, let's hear some of it. Oh and you see Bye Pat Bye was so proud well at the time last sleep jobs drive sand rih the pair spot and she told the other chick we were doing this sweet did she catch her off guard? Send with me on a massage chair, like a massage exactly the mom's bursting in air game not part. Her partner said, I'm out. That was still shame kill that No, still there sast thingle ben Oh okay, oh, the land and the whole Oh is anybody hurt? I would have to say, I actually believe that might be the worst version. That wasn't on purpose. Bad people use the u uh nah. She was trying to be it was a comedy act, which she shouldn't do with the national anthem, but she wasn't trying to I think she screwed up and was embarrassed and was trying to cover it with comedy. But anyway, it doesn't matter. These people were trying to sing, well, yeah, that holy cow.
Speaker 2: So my wife is in a women's chorus and one of the things you've got to do is eliminate your vibrato when you're singing harmonies like that, And that was like the most horrendous vibrato I've ever heard in my life.
Speaker 1: She changed keys several times. It was more of like free jazz than you know gad, oh my gosh that part where she bailed at one point because she ran out of air or something or partner who I don't think had been alerted that they were doing this until it happened. Hey, let's sing the national anthem. We're gonna what one, two, three? Now I'll sing the high part. Wait a minute, what a hye part? Still that's exactly still there, right right, still there, still there. Oh, okay, give us do we have that last part? The land on the and the hole of the same key like messing with the tempo really fast and really wow. Wow, Hey, I wish we'd gotten a chance to practice this. Can I read something? I meant to do this on the air after all, the fourth of July two hundred and fiftyth birthday. Stuff about the national anthem. It's the only national anthem in the world ever, that's been a question. It's a question. Can you see can you still see that flag? It's still up, We're still doing it, We're still together, We're still a country. Just yeah, it is that's very very cool. Who first put music? The blame seems to be put on It's not Scott spirits Gerald, it's Francis scot Key. Yes, Great Gatsby or national anthem. The blame seems to be put on Francis scott Key. He wrote the words, he didn't write the music right correct. That's an old English hymn. I can't remember the title. CHOI chose something with a range of eight octaves to be to put the words to it, I don't know, I don't, but they're a blot on American history, and I damn them. You don't know. I've never you were at the same a's game. I was at Hanson a couple of weeks ago where we both noticed this port Nice high school girl singing the national anthem. Cute Nice won some contests or whatever, but started too high or too low or some I mean, there's just very few people can do that actual range very well. It's hard to start on the right key, or you're doomed, doomed right. And I think sometimes people they get and then that's what distracts you. On the words. You get a certain way and you think, I think I started too high oh, you're get into the high part. I'm not sure I can do this, and then you get the words wrong.
Speaker 2: You know, you want to hear something bizarre. I don't know why, but I was thinking the other day you quoted some songwriter who said, if you can sing the words to Amazing Grace to a different tune, you can be a songwriter.
Speaker 1: It was something to that effect. I can't remember, and that's stuck in my mind since you brought the quote to me years and years ago, and so I was I don't know why I popped in my head, But the other day I was in my kitchen singing the lyrics to the Lynyrd Skynyrd classic give Me three Steps to the tune of the national anthem, As one does, s one does to pass one's time. That's harder than it sounds. Yeah, that's an interesting brain trick. I'll bet that's separating different parts of your brain in a way that's pretty complicated. Ah yeah, I'll bet it is. I'll bet it is. I did okay, but not great. So anyway, there you have it. I think that does qualify as a I don't know if it's a hate crime, but it is. It's hard to enjoy national anthem. Well, you know what it made it? I don't I don't need to just be mean to people at this point in my life. There was something about it that it was like joyful and they were enjoying.
Speaker 2: Themselves even if it was just God awful. That made it extra enjoyable. As as crack. Well, it seems it was a stylistic choice. I think they'd say, what do I mean?
Speaker 1: What's wrong with it? It came off exactly like I wanted to do. God, that woman's vibrato, something like she's in that Japanese earthquake or something. When she bailed out on the words of that one phrase I was gonna and then it was like she was singing while somebody was doing CPR on her. Pump pump Poomooo. It's Jack Armstrong and Joe Patty. This is the best we had a talk show in America. Terror in Twin Falls police say a shooter sprayed bullets at this in and out burger in a crowded shopping center two hours southeast of Boise. So far, all we have is a male twenty to thirty years of age wearing a blue shirt Class D Pam I'm conflicted about talking about this at all. There's a couple of reasons why I want us to talk about it, but I we hate giving attention to these shooters because that's what they want. I think we've all landed in a place, or those of her paying attention, where we realize these are suicides from troubled people that try to give meaning to their suicide, and we're giving them meaning by talking about it, which makes other suicidal people think, Hey, I know how I'll kill myself. So it's not just a lonely guy, you know, in the front seat of his car or in his backyard or whatever, dying alone. It's a big spectacle that somehow gives my death more meaning. So I hate talking about it from that standpoint, right, I won't come off as a pathetic, sad gual. I'll come off with as an angry revolutionary of some sort with super cool pictures of me all over the place, very unhappy with a New York Post, California Post with pictures of this guy looking like a cool badass from a movie. I'm troubled for my own teenagers to see that picture. There's no way you don't look at that picture if you play video games with shooters on it, or watch movies or whatever. That guy looks cool in that picture, and he murdered people standing in line for burgers in it in and out yesterday. And if there hadn't been some good guys there with guns, he might have murdered twenty people. It might have been one of our stories. And they make you look cool. What the earth is going on? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, and we need on a societal level and understanding what you were talking about, the performative suicide and condemn it as the most evil thing a human being can possibly do, the most.
Speaker 1: Pathetic and just awful and just sad, sick thing a human being can do. And understand that you will be seen as an awful coward. You will be. We will spit on your grave, all of us, including your family. Well, the good place to start is don't put those pictures out there. Yeah well, what, Well, like you've said before, and I don't think it's an exaggeration. Hey, you want to get the coolest Instagram post you could ever make in your life? Blood If you can get enough blood, murder enough people, in fact, if it's children and old people, make it more likely you get the coolest Facebook post you could ever come up with, because national media will put cool pictures up you up there and most especially bonus, if you have a list of grievance right right, you will. We will post your list of grievances, but we're gonna need three bodies or more. That's the minimum. That's the cover charge. If you're really mad at one of your teachers, or your dad, or your friend group or your girlfriend. Oh I think you're transgender, or you think you were and now you're not anymore again, we will read your list of grievances, but it'll cost you some bodies. There's no way you could make an Instagram post that would get this much attention about your problems that make you so unhappy. So go out and kill some innocent people. Try and eat burgers on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. Yeah, God, it's disgusting, Yes it is. It is perhaps the most horrifying thing a human being can do. I don't know how we break out of this, though, I don't. We've talked about it a lot. I don't think enough people have caught on. These are performative suicides. That is absolutely one hundred percent. What's happening. Yeah, that young man intended to kill himself the from the moment he concede that the plan. He just wanted to kill a bunch of innocent people to express his anger at the world or his mom or whatever. And forever people did that alone in a hotel room or whatever it was. It was sad and pathetic. It's always sad and pathetic. But now you get to go out and a blaze what looks like a blaze of glory, and hey, congratulations New York Post from making it look like a blaze of glory making it look like glory. Nice job. So some other disturbed twenty one year old out there right now today he looks at that and thinks, man, look how cool I would look if I go out there and kill some people today. And I'm not exaggerating, that's exactly what's happening. We've talked to health professionals before. They all agreed unanimously one time when we had a panel in here, that's absolutely what we're doing right And again having a couple of teenage boys, I hate that they make these people look cool. God, it's so twisted. That's our cultural problem. It's not guns gotten in a mediately turning toward a gun, some sort of gun law, common sense gun laws as will be oh my god, quoit holding up the most disturbed person in the college classroom or the high school classroom and making them look cool. But the break is happening, and grievance culture is a big part of it too. A good society in which being the victim, being the oppressed, it makes you put you on top of the totem pole. The more anger you can generate it how badly you've been treated, the more kindly you are treated, the higher you are elevated. In progressive society, that's part of it too. Hell no, we're not saying his name. That's the other part. Cowardly piece of s that's his name. I was in Twin Falls, Idaho last year on my long drive my boys, and I remember saying, this is like the nicest place I've ever been in my life. It really is among the most beautiful little towns I've ever been to in my life. I thought I could live the rest of my life life or I may man. Some murderous lumpics shouldn't take your life when you're at the in and out in that town and if he does, he shouldn't be given the what what lighting could we do and what filter could we put on the picture? And what how do we crop it to make him look like a bad ass, like he's like he's dirty, hairy or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, oh, great background for that shot, because in and out it's walls are white. Yes, that's a good, good shot, excellent shot. That's a pilot surprise winner. Let's highlight the very small silver lining in the cloud, the absolutely commendable courage of some of the citizens of the town.
Speaker 1: Seventy two.
Speaker 3: We can confirm that there was an off doing a state tromper and his citizen who actively engaged the suspect by returning gunfire towards him. We want to take a moment and commend the actions of the off Do you all train the citizen and their heroic action has stopped this in set. We believe our actions helped drive the suspect away from the scene, preventing fun their casualties.
Speaker 2: That was the the chief of police there in the town. The hero civilian who fired had actually he'd witnessed another mass shooting and thought I'm not going to be bystander if that happens again. So he got some serious firearms training, and they were going to get a burger. And as soon as he heard the gunfire because they originally thought, oh my god, is there a kitchen fire or something because they saw people running out, he heard the gunfire, he grabbed his gun and sprinted toward it, took cover, identified the shooter, and engaged him along with that off duty highway patrol officer, which almost certainly saved many, many lives.
Speaker 1: Do we know what gun he used? Quite possibly a glock, which is against the law to buy in California now, which I've been complaining about as it happens. No, but to be true, hit her a handgun in America, So it was a decent guest if you're going to protect yourself, and we outlawed in various places. Is with my whole point being that you know this effort, ongoing effort to make it really hard for law biding citizens to get a gun or an ammunition clip, right, it's so crazy, while simultaneously progressive government turns criminals loose from prisons in the name of some bizarre world agenda, making it more and more necessary to defend yourself, while they make it more and more difficult. I'm hot for this topic because it caught me off guard and I thought, I want to get a glock. It is the easiest used, most popular handgun in the world, really, and they're cheap, and that's one of the reasons people like them, good guys and bad guys AnyWho. They outlawed it in California buying new ones you can only buy use with and I was on some market trying to look on and so the newest versions that you can get with these cool add on whatever you call the red dot thing. So it's basically, you put the red dot on somebody and you're going to shoot them there, which makes it much less likely you're going to shoot somebody else or anything like that. They're especially a so the thing that can you make you the best shot and the safest and whatever for shooting a bad guy. They really made illegal in California because they don't want you to do that. If the bad guys do it now, they can do it, of course because right because they ignore the laws and you Democrats won't prosecute them. You won't use firearms, add ons enhancements, you never do. Good Lord. This segment brought to you by the f N five to seven, a lightweight, semi automatic full size pistol, which this fellow used. Jack just sent me. We were talking about this not too long ago. This transgender player dominating pardon me basketball. Yeah, yes, this transgender player dominating France's second tier women's basketball league, and now the WNBA is not out of the question.
Speaker 2: I mean he is is clearly heading toward I mean he he's a hell of a woman. I mean, this woman deserves our respect. He averaged twenty one points and twenty rebounds, swept player of the year, Defensive player of the Year, and uh domestic player of the year, meeting French player of the Year in the French league after a record breaking campaign, and won't rule out a run at the WNBA, proving once again men are better at being women than women.
Speaker 1: And he got a couple of coaches in recent days because of the whole Maga Barbie Sophie Cunningham thing. I don't like that term. I just that's what they call her. And the coach is coming out and saying, I believe in inclusivity. So yeah, guys should be able to play a trans women should be able to play in a league. Okay, you just set it out loud, what here he comes? And on your bluff? Yeah, here he comes? And are you not gonna sign him because would he make your team better or not? Clearly? Yes, of course, yeah, because you do as a man is with you a very big man too, if you don't sign him up for your team, what's the reason? Exactly?
Speaker 2: And muscular too. I wish I had arms like that woman. Anyway, who is a man? The idea that that is looney Tunes is just common sense. And we were talking about common sense the other day and talking about a definition for it, and I threw it out to you good people to find common sense for us.
Speaker 1: Thought I'd run through a handful of those. I have my own, Jack, I don't know if you have one or or could craft one. Well, just to set it up what I've always You've been hearing this your whole life. Yeah, he's book smart, but he doesn't have any common sense. Well, I've never heard did they qualify that as one of the kinds of intelligence now that we've broken it down to emotional intelligence? Or what are some of the other ones mathematical, spatial, musical, right, athletic, intelligence, which is the brain communicating with the muscles. It's absolutely a form of intelligence. Is there one that's just common sense? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, such an interesting question. I'm going to kick it off the various attempts with our good, good old friend Paul, former colleague Paul Robbins, just one of the best people we've worked with, and he's quoting from the book Being Logical, A Guide to Good Thinking by d Q. McInerney, which I don't know, but I'm going to dig into.
Speaker 1: Common sense is that.
Speaker 2: Homey, everyday type of reasoning which is born out of an alert awareness of and respect for the obvious. It is characterized by the unfailing capacity consistently to distinguish between a cat and a kangaroo. I don't know that last part, but anyway, thank you for that.
Speaker 1: Grasping the obvious, because the reason we got into this conversation was talking about how can these socialists believe these things? That whatever that first phrase was, you'd think looking around you, you'd recognize this doesn't make any sense, right, This could never work? Yeah, right, right, and which you know, I'm going to end with mine, which is only ten words long.
Speaker 2: I think I kind of correctly my mathematical intelligence is unimpressive. Let's see how about Ron, He says, Guys, I'll give this a shot. Common sense the understanding of basic truisms. That's not exactly what a truism is. But then he says, next question would be why if some people seem to lack common sense. I think that's due to either a people who see the world as they wish it to be rather than what is, and or ideology, social pressure, etc. Is at odds and supersedes the basic truism. Yeah, I think that's pretty You're definitely you know, Ron, what is? Sometimes you can define something by defining the lack of it more accurately. So nice, nice job there. Baljeitt says, definition told me when I was a kid. Common sense or ideas that are so obviously true that they are commonly held by a majority of people, or at least should be interesting.
Speaker 1: There is something going on there with the you cloud so human beings, we taken off kinds of information through our eyes and ears and reading everything like that, and you cloud reality with a theory either that you came up with on your own or somebody put in your head. Right, that might be it. And I've talked for years about how I've known so many successful businessmen that like, don't pay attention to the news, they don't read books, They just like observe the world. Yeah, and they're not clouded by all these different things. They're just as, what do I got to do to make this business make money? People would like this, people would hate that. And I wonder if it's some of that, you know, the lack of common sense. I might describe as trying to put a framework on the world that doesn't fit. That's what these you know, That's why soel has said, and I've quoted them so many times, there's some ideas so ridiculous only an intellectual could have them. I think that's it. They are so determined not only to put a framework on the world, but like an original one that makes them seem really really smart. And they're so ego driven it blinds them to common sense. And that's a yeah. Let's see Ana Luisa writes the ability to deal with situations and people in a practical, clear headed way apart from emotion, sentiment and social pressure. That's really good and that's really similar to mine too. And hold that one. Uh, let's see Corey says the reason common sense is the reasoning capacity to survive in a world.
Speaker 2: With no warning labels. That's that's funny, that's you know what. That's even better than I thought it was. I don't need a label to tell me if I fall off the ladder, I'm gonna break my head. Common sense tells me that. Wow, nice point, Corey, don't drink this cleaning supply. How about the dawn?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Common sense equals if plus then maybe common sense is just the ability to see if then not just if, Like the developmental stages of realizing actions have consequences, the lure of the social as communists might be dangling yet another shiny if. Every time someone brings up than this, it's an interesting thought.
Speaker 1: A couple more. That's kind of tough to follow. Yeah, Mary and Idaho. Common sense is basic practical wisdom. It has learned from general generational truism, sayings and warnings. It's protect protective advice learned from bad experiences. Okay, then, finally, this from Brian, common sense is different for everyone. It's based on personal experience and what you've learned from people with more experience than you, So listen to people with more experience than you.
Speaker 2: That's just common sense, all right. I think Ana Luisis was probably my favorite. Here's the one I cooked up. Common sense is clear perception combined with a solid understanding of human behavior, clear perception of the point of not being blinded by ideaslogy or your hopes and wishes. And the human behavior part is if somebody.
Speaker 1: Comes on way too friendly, way too aggressively, common sense tells you they want something, watch out. So emotional intelligence, clear perception plus emotional intelligence. That's common sense with a twist of lemon. What I like the uh whoever had in there something about like knowledge or information, experience and social pressure, because social pressure is the thing too. Clearly, some people are susceptible to social pressure, sending them against all of their experience. Right, you've never had the experience of I mean, it probably had never occurred to you in your life, the idea that boys should participate in girls' sports, just to use that one again. But the social pressure just overrode all the common sense other common sense stuff. Wow wow. So and that social fear is fear, a fear of not being accepted. So fear blinds common sense at times, as does hope or or wishful thinking. Interesting. Well, I hope that was even slightly helpful to anybody. I'm kind of surprised this isn't a more common conversation. Seems to be pretty important. Yeah, I would agree. I would agree. I think, you know, it's one of those we know when we see it. Things common sense. But can you have too much common sense and not enough no book smarts? Yeah? I don't think so either. Oh no, No, I don't think common sense blinds ideology blind's common sense? Yeah, it only goes one direction. No, In fact, I think it's common sense to learn as much as you can and filter it through. Well, that theory makes sense to me. That is crap. Yeah. Yeah, a word from our friends at Blue Collar Dollar. You're a hard work or, you're a saver, You're you're the sort of person that makes America great, and you're a practical person, and you want to talk to somebody who gets you in your lifestyle and talk to you them about finance and investment and retirement. And we'd like to introduce you to Blue Collar Dollar. Yeah, regular hard working men and women talking to and a financial advisor about your financial dreams and that sort of stuff with someone who understands you and your lifestyle. If you've saved at least five hundred thousand dollars or more, we invite you to call blue Collar Dollar for a no cost consultation, no obligation. If you don't like what you hear, no harm done, just move on. They talk with you, never at you from your mobile phone. Just to get acquainted. Dial pound two fifteen and when you're prompted, say the keywords blue collar Dollar once again on your mobile phone, Dial pound two fifty and say blue Collar Dollar. Advisory surfaces offered through Talent LLC and SEC registered investment advisor. Marketing is conducted by its affiliated company, blue Collar Dollar LLC. Registration is an investment advisor does not imply a certain level of skill or training. For more important disclosures, visit blue collar dollar dot com. A lot of those disclaimers are ridiculousous, a lot of your being, a lot of your blue collars sort of worker. People I have grown up with and better around my whole life have more common sense than other people. Why do you suppose that it's because it's necessary to survive? I think so, or having just much crap thrown at them, that clouds your common sense, because that might be what happened to a certain extent, going to college clouds people's common sense.
Speaker 2: I think it can. Yeah, yeah, you can lose it in enthusiasm for new ideas. I'm I'm trying to process.
Speaker 1: Where does some working class guys who I was very fond of, really enjoyed talking to them, who were absolutely falling for the Candice Owen's grift. Ah good point. Good points, because that is a grifter appealing to their perception of their own common sense but twisting it for her profit, saying come on, this doesn't connect.
Speaker 2: I mean there's something going on here. No, you can't fool me, saying hey, if you have common sense, you'll agree with me. And as people who pride themselves on their common sense, they get yanked along by that. So I don't know where that falls into our rubric or X and Y axis or cloud of word cloud or whatever the.
Speaker 1: Hell we're doing here, But Jack Armstrong and Joe Gaddy we've decided to call this the best weekend talk show in America. And if you like it and download Armstrong, you get it. Arm Demand. Here's your freedom loving quota of the Day came across this the other day from columnist Walter Russell Meade. He was talking about the state of the world and the nation and all the threats that surround the United States, and I won't freak you out further by listing them, but he said, this greatness in presidents has three components. Great presidents grasp the true nature of the country's challenges. They communicate that vision effectively to the American people, and despite the inevitable mistakes and misfires, they ultimately find the right people and the right methods to deal with those challenges. I think that's a nice, nice capsule explanation of what makes a great president. I think that's right. What year did we stop doing then? Oh gosh, well, you know, if you went issue by issue, I mean the current guy, some I'd give him an A plus absolutely on all three of those things, and some I would not so much. Mailbag the border a plus, Oh yeah, for instance. I didn't want to make it about the current guy. I just thought it was a pretty good framework, folk, meaning looking at.
Speaker 2: The president's who drops a note, wo'sjem mailbag at Armstrong e Getty dot com. Katie Rere, you joined US staff after her maternity to Believe yesterday. Not surprisingly, a number of people wrote things like this from be Life's Throwings at Me this morning, so I couldn't turned the program on until halfway through.
Speaker 1: Can't tell you how nice it was to hear Katie's.
Speaker 2: Voice, even though her first words were about Jack scratching his ass.
Speaker 1: I have no memory of that, lot, I don't remember that. I think that's true. I know that's true. Welcome back and flower bouquets very sweet. Did you stake yours yesterday? Jack? No, No, I probably did, but that's a decide your sex. I'd rather not discuss it whether he did or not. And then this on the One More Thing podcast, Katie was talking about know it alls who tried to instruct you on mothering. This from a doctor B frequent correspondent and great guy, really enjoys notes. My wife has a circle of mommy friends that they connected with at the maternity center. One of them was a nanny for eighteen years before she had her kid. She's kind of a know it all. Sometimes she can be a bit difficult to take. There's another mommy from Thailand who's really cool. At one point, the nanny mommy started talking to Galog the Philippine language to the Thailand mommy, thinking that you would undertest sandwich.
Speaker 2: She was saying, Thime. Mommy said, I don't know what you're saying. We speak Thai. Clearly she did not know it at all. We all had a good laugh at that.
Speaker 1: So she had some sort of there are two languages and we both speak the other one. I mean, or she thought she recognized it and was gonna show off. It's like when somebody orders in French at a restaurant. It was that kind of moment, that's a double know it all, like you thought you knew the language they spoke, and then yeah.
Speaker 2: Exactly, yeah, yeah, I'm glad you're enjoying that. And then finally Katie mentioned the very very creepy was it chatchypt that told you to give extra snuggle for it? Yeah, give Van an extra snuggle for me?
Speaker 1: Yes, WHOA. Why do we program these things to talk that way? Because most people like it? And I called him monkey Man one time and it was like, oh, we make sure you give monkey Man some extra milk for me. Yeah, that's horrifying, gives me the creeps. I know. That's also one of my favorite Rolling Stone songs monkey man, Oh, let's see I okay. So here's a note from s first initial s.
Speaker 2: It's been doing one of the GLP one drugs and is kind of keeping a diary to keep track of side effects and effectiveness and the rest of it. And at one point she was asking about acid reflux and chat GPT said, I smiled a little because I remember how much you enjoy your protein coffee.
Speaker 1: In the mornings.
Speaker 2: Ow, you smiled, chat stop doing that, As my teenage daughter said, it's giving me creepy vibes.
Speaker 1: Also mad teas I'm doing a GLP one No, we talk about that later. Also, wow, so is your belief there pro everybody's programming their chatbots to do that because they all seem to do that a little bit. Or does the or does AI automatically gravitate toward that because it's trying to please its user. The companies have a tremendous amount of data that they collect on I like this answer, I didn't like this answer, that sort of thing, and they're seeing a trend that most people like that. No, that quasi human connection. Oh, I it's weird. I don't know, but I've thought humanity is weird since I was eight years old. The quasi I'm fine with, I think, but the give your baby a snuggle for me? Right, that's going beyond quause. Are you pretending to be a human? Yeah? Yeah. And finally this one Donnie's new grocery stores. The signage is out. Instead of being called seven eleven, it's going to be called nine to eleven, which is interesting. Oh, that reminds me of that track branding.
Speaker 2: Yes, shot show, I'm showing h