Speaker 1: Also media, Welcome back to the Jeffrey Epstein podcast Extravaganza, also known on normal weeks as Behind the Bastards of podcasts about bad people. For the last two weeks, that's meant Jeffrey Epstein, particularly getting into what the new Epstein File releases have revealed about how Jeffrey Epstein helped build the modern world. Speaking of the modern world, our guest today is a part of it, Andrew T.
Speaker 2: Thanks thanks for having me. I Ah, yeah, I guess I would say part of the modern world under protest at this point. Yeah, under protest.
Speaker 1: Isn't everyone?
Speaker 2: Aren't we all under protest? I'm only here I have to be. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The only part of the modern world I want to anything to do with is my bed, and they make me leave that for like sixteen hours a day.
Speaker 2: It's nuts, you know what though, Being one of those I hate the modern world guys, I do want to stress not one of those. It was better in Rome. What happened to classical architecture.
Speaker 1: I would have hated that too. Anything where I have to get out of my bed. Bad society bad only we need to Yeah, we need to rebuild society and direly around naps that That is my strong opinion. Unfortunately, I think Jeffrey Epstein might have agreed with it, at least for himself, because he liked to well, there wasn't a lot of sleep. Yeah, anyway, Andrew, where can people find you on.
Speaker 2: The internet before we can do? Oh god, thanks thanks for letting me get it in before the fucking real crimes start.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the real crimes too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, Andrew t everywhere. I have doing a podcast called Starter Trek on subop dot com. My main podcast is jos Us Racist, but we've been having a lot of fun doing talking Star Trek with my co host Tony Newso. Who is I don't know if you I love that stuff. If your star spoiler alert people, but she's a beloved reveal happens in episode five of Starfleet Academies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the new star Trek.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. Star Trek is happening. That's all.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a good thing to be happening. We love Star Trek almost as much as we love the opposite of Star Trek, which is about hearing about a wealthy pedophile.
Speaker 3: This yeah yeah, well, also wealthy technocrat.
Speaker 1: A wealthy technocrat pedophile. Yes, exactly, the sort of person Star Trek got rid of in the in the The Idealized Future Injeene Roddenberry's Beautiful Dream No More.
Speaker 2: Because of literally this, this.
Speaker 4: And in modern times. We're recording these episodes on the day that Glene Maxwell's lawyer has said that she will not talk unless she's given clemency. But if given clemency, she can prove that both Donald J. Trump and Bill Clinton are innocent.
Speaker 5: So that's that's cool.
Speaker 1: It's tough for me because I hate that stuff, but I also love people pleading the Fifth.
Speaker 2: I'm a big fan.
Speaker 5: I'm a big fifth man.
Speaker 1: It's tough, it's tough. These are these are the times that try men's souls.
Speaker 5: But I have to say I have questions.
Speaker 1: Question it's the best. It's the best amendment easily, Yeah, the fifth.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised she didn't at this point, you're just pinting it on a dead man, right like this is this is exactly we be eating up murders once he's in for life. Yeah, I mean, we'll.
Speaker 5: See how it goes. But I have some theories that you know, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't anything could happen at this point, we're not talking a lot about Gillen in these episodes just because they're more focused on Jeffrey and the nature of his communication. We're not talking really a lot about the sex stuff in this episode because it's more about all of the different I mean, we're talking about it to the extent that that's part of how he influenced people. We're talking about like what stuff Jeffrey came to believe and how he tried to shift the world you using his position of considerable cultural influence. So in May of twenty thirteen, Jeffrey Epstein was actively working through an intermediary to broker and in person meeting with the most Obviously it's a match made in heaven, Russian President Vladimir Putin. And obviously, if you're jeff Epstein in twenty thirteen trying to get an in person sit down with Vladi Puts, what are your wanting to talk about?
Speaker 2: Bitcoin? Of course, what.
Speaker 1: Else could you want to talk about Vladimir Putin.
Speaker 2: With but bitcoin?
Speaker 1: In twenty thirteen, his intermediary in these conversations was thorbiorn Yaglund, who is a Norwegian Labor Party politician and the former Prime minister of Norway. He has been he is not doing well as a result of the revelation that he and Epstein were quite close. People are very unhappy with him over in Norway.
Speaker 2: God's weird, like imaginal Leader facing a consequence for his association with Weird Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for specifically trying to broker a meeting with that pedophile in Vladimir Putin. And it's it's weird because you can tell Epstein took this really seriously. This is a guy who kind of seems to have, i mean slept through a lot of the serious parts of his life. When he's emailing with most of his rich and famous friends, he spells fucking every other word wrong. It's like watching I mean, it's like a nine year old typing right like it's it's he's not dedicated to sounding.
Speaker 4: Good righting like bad AOL and messenger messages like it's giving AOL.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so, as we talked about in the last episodes, whenever Jeffrey like has a long, multi paragraph email where everything's basically spelled right and written properly, you are like, oh, he was taking this, this was important to him, Like he was this was an all hands on deck situation right. And so one of these emails that Jeffrey sends to the former PM of Norway about trying to meet with Putin is one of these times where he writes a long email with pretty good spelling and grammar. So we must have typed this one out somewhere other than his iPad. Here's a segment from that email. This is his pitch to this guy. When this is his pitch to this guy to deliver to Putin right. This is how he's basically trying to convince Putin he's got to get into the bitcoin game. When Spudnik was announced, the West was caught flat footed. The same can now happen with Russia taking the lead in finance. Instead of competing with the West for nanotech copying Silicon Valley looking for startups playing ketchup to Microsoft, Apple, Google and the like, Russia can get out in front and leap frog the global community by reinventing the financial system of the twenty first century Bitcoin. Who is the spotnik of the twenty first century?
Speaker 2: I genuinely have to say it is a little heartening slash disheartening that these people genuinely believe they're bullshit, like this was a private conversation. He rightly. I'm just yeah, I on some level just wish that Bitcoin people in private, when the billionaires are talking to each other, like, oh, this is going to be great for money laundering and like whatever it's actually used for. It is a little insane to hear him like typing like a like a like a Twitter person right now.
Speaker 1: And it's hard to say because like one of the versions of the story is that Epstein was one of the marks, right that the bitcoin people were willing to talk to him and be friends with him, primarily even more than the prostitutions to the child like sex trafficking stuff, because Jeffrey could connect him to a lot of people with real money to put into the bitcoin system. And maybe they never maybe they were just playing with Jeffrey, and maybe he was a fool, or maybe Jeffrey knows, maybe he's in on the con And the idea is if Russia back, if Russia gets a bitcoin reserve, a shitload of their real currency can flow out to the people like us who have money and crypto, and we can get real money out of the create Like I don't know what the plan was.
Speaker 2: And also like trying to talk to poo like an actual bitcoin mark is is that's so too smart?
Speaker 1: Yet he's way too smart for that, Like he's not. Vladimir Putin is not an idiot.
Speaker 2: He's not.
Speaker 1: He's made his plenty of mistakes, but none of them are like and then he adopted bitcoin. It's the currency for the Russian Federation. That's a little like, that's just there's no benefit in that to him, like it would only benefit these It's.
Speaker 2: Always one D chess, it's one d, Like these people are not smarter than you, they're actively dumber than you. Yes, and that's hang on to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hang onto it and celebrate it. And it's also funny to me just the idea that like Sputnik, was the Soviet Union succeeding and doing a thing that honestly, before they did it was debated by a number of people, like can we even do stuff like this? Like is this fully possible? Can you get a working satellite into orbit? There was like debate for quite a while as to help possible that was, and then they figure it out like ahead of us, and it's this amazing moment for all mankind. They prove you can do this thing that hadn't been done before, and the difference with it and saying, yeah, this thing that we are already doing, if you just rip it off, you'll be doing the Sputnik of the twenty which really says a lot about the twenty first century that like our sputnik is ripping off a thing that doesn't do anything and already exists.
Speaker 2: Like amazing stuff. Jeffrey, if you have the bold vision to creator your economy and the global economy, you will be the first to do.
Speaker 1: You can do it, You can do it. Yeah, no one else has made bitcoin their national currency yet because it's a bad idea. Epstein goes on to claim that crypto offers the potential for a much more advanced, disruptive securitization scheme than anything previously achievable, and that Russia was in a unique position to execute on a grand vision of a new form of money. He insists that Thorbiorn needs to secure him and putin a minimum two to three hour long meeting to discuss all of this. I find that's so funny that he's like begging to set up this meeting with Vladimir Putin, who has no interest in him at least no interest in meeting with him. It doesn't seem like, uh, you know, maybe he was utilizing him as an asset. There's some evidence of that, but that also doesn't mean Putin himself was directly involved because he's got other shit in his plate. The idea that that Jeffrey's begging for this meeting is but it has to be at least two or three hours. I won't sit down for anything less. It's like, man, if if you can get you twenty minutes with Putin, you'd be happy for it.
Speaker 2: Don't.
Speaker 1: Don't fucking bullshit like me. And Putin's showing better judgment than anyone else in these four episodes declined to meet with Jeffrey Epstein at least as far as we know.
Speaker 5: Wow, well, I at.
Speaker 2: Least big smart enough to not agree to it on fucking email put him in an email, right, Yeah, Wise, he's at least ahead of everyone.
Speaker 1: He's he's beating Bobby Kotik of Activision, Blizzard, and Peter Deal, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So this this Dallian's Jeffrey has was trying to get Russia on the bitcoin train, is not influential because of the outcome. Because nothing really happens here, but it's important because of what it says about where Jeff's head was in twenty thirteen. By this point, whether or not.
Speaker 5: Huggins Jeff, I don't like you.
Speaker 4: I don't like you calling him Jeff, it's like too humanizing to call him Jeff.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I do it every now and then, Jeff Jeffeye, no, little Jeff Rue Nope. So by twenty thirteen, whether or not he'd ever read Dugan's work, he was basically pitching Putin on bitcoin's potential to contribute to a multipolar world by ending US economic dominance. And emails he sent around the same time to billionaire Richard Branson, Epstein pitched his vague idea for what he called a new social good currency quote. Creating a new social good currency similar to the creation of airline mile awards, special drawing rights, et cetera, would be the most disruptive of all advances. The financial system has outgrown its purpose allowing people to conduct exchange with third party trust and ease of transaction. So what you kind of see is there's this budding interest Jeffrey has to disrupt the global order, which is a different picture of the man than I had when he just seemed to be this guy who was very deeply tied to the elite system and seem to really have all of his power tied to the maintenance of that system, as opposed to a guy who after he gets out of prison clearly wants to burn stuff down to some extent, right, in a way that's very familiar with how a lot of wright coded people talk today, a lot of these influential folks like Bannon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean yes and no, though, because they don't really mean burning it down, like.
Speaker 1: Well, they mean burn the fed US democracy, that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: They want to disrupt the system they rose up in. Right, They don't want it to keep working the way it has.
Speaker 2: Right, but they wanted to They want society to look largely, they wanted to look more like Russia, which is like, yeah, they're in charge, but it's basically the same society.
Speaker 1: And I think he's so weird. Yeah, I think you can see a lot of that here in that. Okay, So he goes to prison for a thing that if you were a Russian oligarch who stays in good with Putin, you don't go to prison for the stuff Jeffrey Epstein was doing. Right, So maybe that's kind of it as he's like, well, we ought to be more like we need to be more of an oligarchy, of a dictatorial oligarchy, because then people me and other people like me won't have consequences to deal with. Right, Maybe that's why he's like, that's how he's thinking. You know, so Richard Branson and Epstein are two more. That's another famed Epstein friendship, right, and his close relationship with Branson was a two way street. And a little later that same year, twenty thirteen, Branson offered Epstein advice on fixing his public image after the whole registered sex offender thing. He assured Epstein that he could repair Jeffrey's public profile if Epstein could just get Bill Gates to vouch for him. And this is Branson saying like, basically, this is what you need to get Bill Gates to say about you to fix your image. Quote, you've been a brilliant advisor to him that you slipped up many years ago by sleeping with a seventeen and a half year old woman and we're punished for it. That you've more than learned your lesson and have done nothing that's against the law since right, if only Bill Gates would say but can you imagine if Bill Gates and twenty fourteen or so had come up in like, look, did Jeffrey Epstein sleep with a child? Yes, but he's learned his lesson and we all need to forgive him, none of this would be happening.
Speaker 5: God, I mean, all these men are sucking, disgusting.
Speaker 1: They're disgusting. It's not just disgusting, it's completely out of touch. The fact that Richard Branson it shows you how warping the bubble of nothing but other rich guys is that Richard Branson is like, who's someone who all Americans love in respect love Bill Gates? Obvious everyone loves Bill.
Speaker 2: No, we don't. We never did. I guess it's just like get get the nerd to tell to tell everyone you're you're not committing crimes? Is yeah, And there he's the squarest one around, right Bill, Bill Gates, you know, a straight shooter. So on a related note, that same year, twenty thirteen, this's a big year for Branson and Epstein. Richard Branson reversed the normal order of things, and he's this is the only time I found this happening, although I haven't been through all of the millions of files released, But Branson invited Epstein to his private island.
Speaker 1: You know, there we go. Finally somebody's willing to pay Jeff back for his hospitality, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, Branton's Island can't be I guess at the risk of it can't be that good.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I would have said before this, I would have guessed it had it was like a higher age bracket of the yeah people. But I don't actually know that that's true now, So, yeah, is this just like the fucking cheap version of Epstein's Island? Or is Epstein's Island the cheap pedophile island?
Speaker 2: Right? That's also possible.
Speaker 1: We simply don't know. Maybe the really good pedophile islands don't tell have emails where they talk about yeah. So Branson added to the invite anytime you're in the area, would love to see you, as long as you bring your harem and all, and with a exclamation point after it, So I would say that implicates email.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: My favorite thing about this, my favorite thing about all this is the denials all these people have to have their spokespeople issue after this shit comes out and once this email people start talking about it. Oh, Branson's referring to his harem and inviting him to his island. I guess he's probably doing some sex crimes. Branson spokesperson told journalists with The Independent that no, no, on the harem he was referring to, We're just adult members of Epstein's staff. Obviously Jesus obviously. Yeah, who were they?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Not named?
Speaker 2: Not named?
Speaker 1: Which ones kill your name? So the worst? Again? Does this mean that Jeffrey was just bringing bringing children over when Branson was there? Was he was Branson one of the ones that he played with teenage girls? Or was Branson one of the ones that he plaied with adult women?
Speaker 2: Right? No way to know.
Speaker 1: And honestly, I don't care if you're Jeffrey Epstein's friend at this point, in inviting him to islands, I consider you guilty of everything he was. You know, Yeah, I think that's reasonable if you're going to islands with him, right, yeah, on a regular basis, If you're inviting him to islands and talking about his arm, if.
Speaker 4: You're advising Bill Gates to be his like, no pedophile spokesperson. Yeah, then I'm yeah, I'm gonna go with.
Speaker 1: The I'm gonna say no.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go not a great guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just the almost frat house shit. It's always it's never better than that. Yeah. Yeah. Well, now that's.
Speaker 1: When it comes to question of like, well, why aren't these guys getting charged, Well, because all you have is Branson saying bring your harem, and that's not Branson didn't say bring specifically the underage members. I don't want anyone older than Sie. That's not in an email, right, So there's not I don't think there's anything to charge Branson off of at this point. Maybe there will be, maybe there's more stuff that we don't know. I'm not against it. I'm just like, yeah, I'm not surprised a lot of these guys aren't getting charged yet, because that's not quite enough, you know, to actually convict someone. The worst harms Epstein committed and the worst crimes his friends are implicated and took place offline. The conversations we have documented are mostly either precursors or adjacent to the really bad stuff. Every now and then you get something truly fucking horrifying, like there's an email chain in which one of Epstein's friends is like, hey, who is that gynecologist you sent your victims to? And Epstein like gives him the name of a gynecology and they're like, yeah, you really keep this guy busy, right, Like there's some horrifying shit like that in there, but for the most part, it's like quips like this, bring your harem. And then like one interesting thing to do on the Epstein files is search for variants of like not for email or like not for online right where, because there will be points where people will be made and then they'll be like, hey, let's take this to a phone call.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So it's just hard to kind of say what the exact extent of a lot of stuff was, And because so many follow up conversations that he had not even about the criminal stuff, but about stuff like crypto, took place in person or over the phone, And so I can say he was trying to influence the development of bitcoin and crypto he wanted, and he got that influence. What did he do with it not entirely clear to me. What I can say is that Joey Edo and Epstein's friendship continued to blossom throughout the aughts, and this was Remember Itto is a big wigged MIT. He's basically like running the lab that's doing like their crypto development, looking at a lot of stuff like that. And he's the guy who Jeffrey to pay the salaries of those three big bitcoin debts. And this is the friendship between Itto and Epstein is very good for MIT. The school receives at least eight hundred and fifty thousand dollars from the Epstein Foundation directly to Itto's projects from two thousand and two to twenty seventeen, in addition to other donations. You also have to keep in mind that, given how Epstein operated, he was responsible for an unknowable amount of donations to MIT from other rich guys in foundations. Right, he donated eight hundred and fifty k to MIT over this period. Who knows how much other money he got sent there by being Epstein. Itto and MIT continued to accept Epstein's money for almost a decade after his conviction for sex crimes. And I shouldn't just limit it to Edo. As the tech dot Com has summarized in an article on the subject, Professor of mechanical Engineering SETH. Lloyd received research funding went to Epstein's private island and visited Epstein while he was in prison. Following the investigation, Lloyd was put on paid administrative leave. However, Lloyd retains his team, Your professorship. Former president of MIT, Raphael Raife, signed a letter thanking Epstein for odnation in twenty twelve, just six weeks into his presidency. In a statement to MIT released in twenty nineteen, Raife stated that Itto asked for permission to retain this initial gift, and members of my senior team allowed it. Epstein's gifts were also disgusted at least one of MIT's regular senior team meetings with rape present. So a lot of people in MIT should have known better, right, And Ito himself is particularly but not the only guy who was visiting Epstein and probably involved in the criminal stuff.
Speaker 2: Right. Because it's also like, like eight hundred and fifty dollars is a lot of money, sign a lot of money for MIT, Like what is its endowment in the building. It means like.
Speaker 1: The endowment's big, but for individuals, and again you have to assume its several million.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, over few years. I'm just saying, in the grand scheme of things, every kind of financial like some of the biggest malfeasan says that happened. I am a little surprised that the actual price tag.
Speaker 1: I will just say there's a couple of things. One is, first off, people get this wrong all the time. Jeffrey Epstein's not a billionaire. Never was no evidence that he ever was. He died when he died as net worth was about six hundred million dollars, right, And this is a guy who lied a lot and put in there's not really much practical difference between six hundred million and a billion or two in terms of what other people would notice about your spending. They're both enough for yacht to arrive at islands, right.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: One thing though, that, as you point out, this does review, is that how little money it really takes to bribe a lot of very influential people.
Speaker 2: To change the world, you know, right, It's less than you want it to be. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Part of the problem is that for most billionaires in the low billions, a lot of their money I mean for all billionaires, really a lot of and most of their actual assets are tied up in things that are not liquid cash, right.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So even for these guys getting a million dollars or something in cash to throw it a single project is a pretty big donation for a lot of people at Epstein's level of wealth, right, Yeah, So I would.
Speaker 4: Say that like his connection to like crypto bros. Is not that surprising to me. But what is surprising is like the Epstein to academia pipeline being oh yeah.
Speaker 5: So massive.
Speaker 4: I mean not to say that there isn't you know, anybody who's worked in academia can talk about how political and wild it is, but it's just there's his reach is just disgustingly big.
Speaker 5: Is part of it is just like venomous.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, part of it is again he's spreading a lot of money around. And part of it is that all of these these like the academics he's going to our guys, who are a lot of them like you know, interest very interested in cryptocurrency, very interested in a lot of controversial you know stuff that winds up being part of the alt right, and what a lot of these academics that he's friends with in the early two thousands to the aughts wind up being like weird right wing guys because that's just kind of the crew that he's running with and these are kind of a lot of these are just people that are like addicted to the idea of being smarter than everybody else and on the cutting edge of shit. And that means they fall for a lot of dumb stuff because none of them, they're all PhDs and shit, none of them are as smart as they think they are. Right, well, there's just usually true of people.
Speaker 2: Even though there's a stereotype of the liberal Ivory tower of academia. I mean, the reality is it's like, especially lately, so many of these bozos with academic sounding but bad ideas can only exist in an ecosystem of academia and tener and economics professorships and like right wing philosophy professorships because their ideas don't actually work. They actually you know, buy their own pitard. They couldn't they could never survive in the free market.
Speaker 1: It's the huge problem we have because you also have a version of this problem when it comes to uh like copyright and AI right, where it's like, well, our copy right laws and intellectual property laws are a fucking disaster.
Speaker 2: And I had.
Speaker 1: Never in my life stood up for that kind of thing up until all of these AI companies want to suck up everything that human beings have ever created and remix it. And then it's like, well, maybe it's it's just the weapon we have, and I don't really like it. And I understand there's a lot of arguments about, well, this is problematic, but what else are we going to do at this point?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I can see that argument, And it's kind of like with with academia. The war the right has been waging on college and on the system of tenure and whatnot is disastrous, but also academia has a lot of problems, like the fact, like the very structure of how higher education works is a part of why our entire generation owes all of their money to colleges. Right, I think there's a lot of problems with the way the system works. And so I know, just because Trump's destroying it and I'm against that, I don't want to be like, but the system works great before, because it didn't. All these guys were friends with Jeffrey Epstein, you know. To continue along that line, Epstein used MIT to headhunt future influential crypto developers that he wanted on his side, people like Jeremy Rubin, who's today a noteworthy cryptocurrency researcher who was connected to Epstein by Joyedo. In twenty fourteen, at around the same time, Epstein was emailing with Peter Teal, who was a friend of his and a regular confidant. Epstein and Teal send a lot of emails to each other. Jeffrey sends him a link to the New York State Department of Financial Services, which had just announced that they were going to m twenty fourteen, had just announced they were going to consider proposals for regulating virtual currency exchanges, and they published a list of proposed rules for the New York based bitcoin businesses that very month. Epstein sends this email to Teal with like a link to these updated rules and titles it as I told you, basically saying like, hey, I told you that New York was going to start regulating crypto And Teal responded, do you think this is the first step in upping the anti bitcoin pressure? And here's Epstein basically, do you think this is the first step in like the state governments and the federal government coming out against crypto? And here's Epstein's reply. First, it appears there is little agreement on what bitcoin is store of intrinsic value if any currency, property, architecture, payment system, et cetera, conflicting goals, anonymous but transparent public ledger like the continuum now in the gender classification, fitting things into narrow boxes seems old school man presenting a woman smells like property presenting a currency anyway more, when I see you, this is interesting for a few reasons. For one thing, you have this kind of this acknowledgment from Jeffrey that like no one really understands how like what bitcoin is, Like like there's not a lot a widespread understanding about like what it is, right because the people who are marketing it are saying, like it frees you from the government. It's totally anonymous, right, But also it's transparent because of the public ledger, because like the proof of fucking workshit, right, which is yeah, it is like the different things that have bitcoin has been sold to was says it can't be all of them. It literally can be. They were lying about a bunch of stuff because bitcoin was more than anything, a con right. But the fact that he then the fact that he pivots to comparing it to trans people and to the growing understanding that which in twenty fourteen was still you know, a lot more primitive than it is today. That like, oh, gender is not as like much of a binary as people, like most people had assumed for all. Like, we're starting to kind of talk about that a lot more, and Jeffrey's thinking about it and aware of it, which is interesting because come the late oughts, for the last period of his life, he's going to be a big anti trans rite skuy, right, and he's going to be seeding that world. And so it's really interesting to be that in twenty fourteen he's thinking about this alongside bitcoin, right, And it's kind of incoherent and again, not very smart the way he's thinking about it, because that's not really accurate about bitcoin, Like it's Bitcoin's not in fact like gender. People were just like pretending bitcoin was anonymous to trick criminals into using it so that more people would money into the system. That's different than people understanding that gender is not as binary as they thought it was, right, here's the difference. Yeah, Anyway, For a further summary of Teal and Epstein's relationship, here's what Ryan Broderick wrote in an issue of his newsletter Garbage Day on the subject The earliest actual emails between Epstein and Teal released so far from twenty fourteen, and an email in June of twenty fifteen, Epstein connected Teal with Sergei Belyakov, Russia's deputy Minister of Economic Development, an alleged Russian intelligence operative. In an email to Teal a month after that, Epstein alludes to a visit at his Zoro ranch in New Mexico. In twenty fifteen, Epstein told medical researcher and author Peter Attia, who was just named as a new CBS contributor by Barry Weiss, whose wife Nelly Bowles also corresponded with Epstein, that he was having dinner with Musk, Teal, and Zuckerberg, and in twenty sixteen, Epstein offered to share the expenses for Teal's lawsuit against Goker, which would eventually bankrupt the outlet. We'll talk more about that dinner.
Speaker 2: So dumb. It's such a club of the dumbest motherfuckers ever to live.
Speaker 1: Well, And he's just he's he is connecting people to spies. He's he is like and that this is why people are like, was he literally just working for the Russian government? Because there's a lot of he made. I think it is likely just that he was as dumb as they were. But there's a lot of ooh, this guy's the Russian deputy minister and probably a smile connect to my friend Peter Deal. He does a lot of that shit. And it's very similar to like Robert Maxwell Gilan Maxwell's dad, where people I think wrongly are like he was a Massad agent, and I was like, that would imply that, like he was hired and trained by the Massad as opposed to what the Massad. We know the Massad does, which is they find like rich guys who are sympathetic to Israel and make them feel special and feel like they're James Bond in exchange for giving them information that's useful, right, which is I think what and giving them tasks sometimes you know, talk to this guy, get this guy to say this thing, right, you know it bring us this information they're using, just like the Russians are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like agent Jov, but in the way that like so is like a chainsaw. It doesn't make it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I saw smart and I think there's good evidence that Epstein was that kind of useful idiot. Both the Russian government and for the Masade right, But that's again an episode that's a subject for another series.
Speaker 2: Of episodes that we would have to get into.
Speaker 1: Now. The Tech in their rite up of all this, points out one particularly interesting email chain from August of twenty eighteen. Epstein and Teal are discussing an accountant named Richard who Epstein connected Joy Eedo with to set up the paperwork for some kind of crypto launch. This is likely Richard Khan, Epstein's personal accountant, and it's a little unclear about why Teal needed to be in contact with Khan other than some crypto project. And they were talking about layer one and it's I didn't really know what this meant, so I looked it up and in networking jargon like the field of like computer networking, layer one can refer to either data and equipment. I found a website CBT and Nuggets that describes all this. Layer one data is simply bits sent across a wire many many zeros and ones. This is the network layer where that happens, so that it can be transmitted somewhere else. So then layer one equipment is the gear that lets you send data and it uses and it's specifically the gear that used to send data that uses little to know object in operating, So it's the most basic equipment for sending data. We're talking like Ethernet and fiber optic cables, as well as physical transmission objects of any overwear technology, including like electricity. So the fact that they we're talking with con about layer one for some kind of cryptodeal could have been a wide variety of things. But they were definitely talking about like the very basic infrastructure that would be needed to make this company function, right, So they could have been talking about a variety of things. But when Itto asks Jeffrey, like, how's CON's investigation doing into this stuff, Epstein responded, so far, it's not good. There seems to be a disconnect between manipulation, currency valuation. It's how to protect ourselves not easy. Itto then asks if he should pass this on to the team, which again suggests Epstein had an influential role shaping crypto projects that we're going through MIT at the time. Edo responds by asking if there's any specific regulations he should look at when giving feedback to the team, and Epstein tells ITEDO mini Ponzi gambling, manipulation, unlikely to cause trouble except for high value targets. So we've got here is Epstein. This is finally a little bit of I talked about. I'm not sure how much is he conned or a con man? This is he's a con man. Fully he is talking about a crypto project he's working on with fucking Mit and being like, this is Ponzi gambling. We're manipulating people. We're going to steal their money, but it's unlikely to cause a trouble unless we take too much money from a high value target. Right, that's what he's saying here, right, Like whatever this project is.
Speaker 4: You know what, Jeffrey Epstein would have loved. Huh all the super commercials from this year.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I would have loved the super Bowl commercials for this year. It was all all Epstein backed companies.
Speaker 4: All crypto, all online gambling.
Speaker 5: It was like his Holy Trinity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's never been more apparent that the super Bowl is just a scam. This is the year it has to be mask off, right, like this is all scams only, only scams, only scams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was it was all cons. I don't think any of them seemed very good. But also there was the like the the part that really struck me because the one crypto ad I noticed was coin Base, where it was just like the fucking the Backstreet Boys.
Speaker 5: Everybody was so mad along and either way, fuck you coin Base and you're.
Speaker 1: Like, it's it actually made me happy because it's it's desperation.
Speaker 2: It's desperation. They're more then last year. Yeah, I will say, Actually, Sophie, when you said, do you know what jeff REPSI would have loved I thought you were forcing an ad read right now.
Speaker 4: Yes, no.
Speaker 5: I wasn't, but it is that time.
Speaker 4: Yeah we should God, yeah.
Speaker 1: We're back. Boy, Jeffrey Epstein would have loved those ads.
Speaker 4: Okay, Robert, I'd like to keep my health insurance, thanks so much.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, yeah I need it.
Speaker 5: Jeffrey doesn't because he's dead.
Speaker 1: Yeah he sure doesn't. Anyway, we're back. So so far, we've discussed Epstein's early interest in cryptocurrency and his early advocacy for micro transactions and video games. Now it's time to talk about where he starts to veer into the right wing media game. He starts hitting the fever swamps, and to discuss that, I got to introduce a new character. Christopher Poole, better known socially as Moo Moot Moot, born in Proper, nineteen eighty seven, somewhere near Virginia. Chris's early life is a black hole until he joined the Something Awful forums, you weren't online during that brief but glorious window. There was a period of somewhat less than a decade from the late nineties to the early to mid auts where that was a like the place for Internet culture. It's what invented a lot of things that are still foundational to Internet culture. A lot of like you know, the stuff that people hate, like how folks get mobbed when they like do or say something dumb or fucked up online, the way that like the Internet will just launch mobs after random people for saying the wrong thing. That started on something awful and in fact, in both the good and the bad way, right like the Something Awful there was a big like anti scientology thing where like they were basically dedossing scientology websites at one point, and also a bunch of random people got harassed for being weird on the Internet. Likewise, the way that like memes work. You know, a lot of the basics of that were kind of ironed out online on Something Awful. There's a way in which you can say all modern social media is kind of downstream of something Awful. But Christopher Poole wasn't just spending his time on something Awful. He also spent a lot of time on Japanese message boards, specifically one called two chan, right, which is going to be relevant here in a second. So Something Awful is basically a dictatorship, which we can say most modern social media. But it's not like a company really. I mean, they do kind of have a company at one point, but it's not a real functional company. It's run by one asshole, Richard Kyanka, who takes donations and people have to pay to join the forum. And Richard kind of rules things with an iron fist, and because of the way he runs things, whenever there's something he doesn't like or that endangers the site, he tends to just ban stuff. Right. So the fact that low Tax is the single guy legally responsible for this website leads him to a couple of conundrums like this, right, because people want something Awful attracts tens of thousands, eventually over one hundred thousand members. People start doing all sorts of illegal shit on it. Right, one of the forums is just devoted to people using illegal drugs. And in fact, what I was a kid on there, watched with a number of other goons as a guy overdosed live in a threat and died. Bunch of fucked up stuff have it on that site. People also had illegal fire sharing on there. There used to be a subjection of the forum where people would like put up torrents and weares, which is like pirated video games back in the day. Right, that's very illegal, So that gets banned after a while because it had to be, right. You can't have this massive, public, basic website giving people letting people steal shit from every company in the world. You'll get in trouble. So Low Tax bans that. And he you know, this happens a bunch of different times, right, and particularly it happens to a group of forum users who create a place in the forum to share their weird pornography. And in order to describe this this chunk of something awful history, I'm gonna quote from Max Reid's substack. He banned lolocon that is underage girl, HINTI More generally, Low Tax hated the anime sub forum on Something Awful, and the anime fans who populated the sub forum hated him back. The sub forum was called Anime Death Tentacle Rape Poorhouse, not because it was devoted to tentacle rape, but because low Taxes contempt for anime nerds meant it thought he would be funny to call the General Anime Board that one punishment for misbehavior on the forms was to be banned, so you could only read or post in that sub forum. And what's really funny to me about this is like, even from that little segment, you can tell Low tax is not a good guy. He's a terrible, abusive spouse, an awful man. The fact that he bans underaged like animated porn from his website makes him more responsible than any modern social media ceo. Like he is lapping Elon Musk in terms of his level of care for the public good and he's a massive piece of shit.
Speaker 2: Is so funny to me, he's somehow the good guy in this local dip.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I hate him.
Speaker 1: So Lolocan gets banned, and it creates a bunch of people who were on Something Awful, who are into anime, who are angry at low tax and are finally ready to find another place.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Christopher Poole is one of these people. He had posted on adtrw right, and he sees this is an opportunity, right, there's all these guys who are looking for a new place to gather online. Maybe I can make a place for them. He's a fan of two chan, so he copies the way this Japanese imageboard works and he makes a new website and he calls it four Chan. And all of these guys who had been posting on Something Awful, who were angry at Richard Kanka, angry at all of the moderation, at the fact that there was stuff like underage Girl anime that wasn't okay, they moved to four Chan because nothing's not okay on that's the idea, right, And so one of the things that happened is basically everyone on Something Awful is pretty toxic at this point. I'd include myself in that. But the most toxic people on Something Awful go over to four Chan, where they get to be totally anonymous. They don't have to spend any money, and they don't have to abide by most of the same rules So when Pool creates four chan, though, he's got to deal with, ironically, the same question that had confronted low Tax, right, which is, Okay, I'm the guy whose name is attached to this web community. What crosses the line for me? What am I not willing to have attached to my name?
Speaker 2: Right? Well, legally right, legally or socially right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to you have to deal with that question when you're doing this shit. So when the site was first created, there was a sub forum slash in, which meant which it was meant to be, like slash in for news. Right, this is the news part of the chan, the image board, so for reasons that are complex and largely irrelevant to our broader discussion, though, the news board evolves into the transportation board over time, by like twenty ten, people are using it to discuss transportation issues because as much of a hub hub of like scum and villainy as four chan is a lot of it's just people discussing banal shit. Right, So it becomes clear, Okay, we still probably need a news section of the image board, and the one I initially created is all about fucking buses or whatever. So Pool alects to launch a separate novel news section called slash new Now. Ryan Broderick writes that this was quote largely as a way to quarantine the overwhelming amount of support on the site for Ron Paul's two thousand and eight campaign. This is something that happens on something awful too, But there's a lot. Basically, anywhere people post online is nothing but Ron Paul guys a two thousand and eight. If you let people talk about politics, it's all the Ron Paul revolution. Yeah, because Ron Paul's entire voter base at this period of time is guys who live on the Internet and use digital currency to buy drugs or child sex abuse imagery. Right Like, that's that's the base. So there are free and that's creatom. That's libertarianism in a nutshell. So the first posts to this new segment of four chan are really problematic, right Like, he sets this up as a way to quarantine all the Ron Paul people, and they immediately start saying shit that even Pool has some issues with. And so in June of twenty eleven, Pool deletes slash New, posting anybody who used it knows exactly why it was removed. When I readded the board. Last year I made a note that if it evolved into slash stormfront, I'd remove it. It did ages ago. Now it's gone as promised. So he, by his own discussion, removes the news board because it's all Nazi stuff and he doesn't want that on his site at this stage. Now, at this point, at this stage, at this stage, it all makes sense. Right, Pool's not a great guy, but he's not an Nazi, it seems like at this point, right, and he.
Speaker 2: Just doesn't associated openly with Nazis, right, And that is unfortunately a step.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's fine with Lolo Kan, but like, yeah, and it is a step he's going to take because a year or so later, Pool creates the poll board for four chan, which stands for politically incorrect, And the fact that that's what it stood for might suggest to you that this is meant from the beginning as a hub for right wing news and politics discussion. Right politically incorrect is not a term that liberals are using positively, No, it is a term that conservatives use right. So slash poll almost immediately devolves into a hub for neo Nazi and white supremacist propaganda. For years, no one but Pool knew why he had decided to open poll after the failure of New and its predecessor. Then the Department of Justice published this most recent three million pages worth of Epstein files, which it provided us with information that may finally solve or at least bring this mystery closer to being solved. And here's the big revelation. The day before Pool created slash Poll, he met with Jeffrey Epstein in person. The day before he makes poor he.
Speaker 5: Meets Epstein, you're whying, what the fuck I mean?
Speaker 2: I guess it makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but let's hear a little more about that before we try to puzzle this all out. I'm going to quote from that Garbage Day newsletter again. On October twentieth, twenty eleven, Boris Nicolck, a venture capitalist and former advisor to Bill Gates, sent Epstein the Wikipedia page for Christopher Poole, writing there is a cool guy kid in all caps and parentheses that you should meet. Four days later, Nikolak followed up, asking Epstein, how did you like moot? He is very sensitive, so be gentle. I liked him a lot. I drove him home. He is very bright, Epstein replied. Nicolk went on to write that he will be a friend and that he is one of the greatest hackers. Now we don't have enough Yeah, right, First off, there's a cool guy hid.
Speaker 2: It's really weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's really upsetting to me. M We simply don't have enough information to know exactly what happened here, to know what the actual dimensions of their relationship were, or what they even fucking talked about. We know that Epstein and Moot met the day before Moot creates Pole. After that, we have no clear documentation of their relationship. We've got some emails of them trying to schedule meetings or get togethers, and that's really it. Perhaps the conversation they had didn't relate at all to poll. I can't ignore the timing of this, right, Knowing that Epstein is getting increasingly into right wing media, he's going to fund some of it directly in the in the coming years. Knowing that Christopher Poole removed the news chunk of four chan because it was basically Stormfront and then creates Pole, making it into basically the storm Front section of the site after meeting with That's that I can't not I can'tnot think that maybe Epstein said, you got to bring this back.
Speaker 2: I don't know, or or like, well, never know what a shame, or like it's not so bad, or like wouldn't it be great if this existed, Like it doesn't even have to be like hard pressure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't have to be hard pressure, ye know. Or maybe maybe Pool was having thinking about this a lot himself, because he clearly wanted there to be something like this and had tried to get it right, and maybe he brought that up to Epstein and he was like, I think you should just go for it, man, fuck it, you know, I don't know that said Epstein is a regular user of four chan after a semi regular user of four chan after this point. We don't know that he was posting, and in fact that doesn't seem very likely based on what he used it for. But he's on there fairly regularly, right. He sends links to four chan to his friends. In twenty seventeen, he sent Karina Shuliek, his girlfriend at the time, a four Chan link containing five nights at Freddy's porn. He sent other fans links to like Fucking Princess Bubblegum porn from Adventure Time All sorts of shit like that. Jeffrey Epstein's trawling, like the porn parts of four Chan, primarily for like animated porn of animated characters, seems to be like one of his big things. And I don't know what to do with that information, Andrew, I don't know what to do with the fact that fucking Jeffrey Epstein is masturbating to princess bubblegum pornography. I don't know what to do with that knowledge.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think it's that part of it is like what do you do with just I mean, I think all of his sexuality is something that is it's all upsetting, Yeah, unknowable to I think normal, I mean not even normal.
Speaker 2: Now. I'm like, what, I.
Speaker 1: Guess that's not unknowable. I'm not like because I know a lot I've been on the end. I know a lot of weird people. I know if there's a cartoon, there's porn of it. Yeah, right, Like I'm aware of that. I didn't. I didn't expect Jeffrey Epstein knew what Adventure Time was.
Speaker 2: That's weird to me. Although it's it's just upsetting that a man that was interested in power this much was also such a juvenile moron. But I guess that is what that is what it's you know, on the sanitized level, Twitter has shown us about billionaires writ large and these why they're interested in kids. Yeah.
Speaker 1: When I brought because I will say, I was talking to my partner about this, I was like Epstein was sending fucking princess bubblegun porn and like other like porn from like animated kid shows. I didn't even know he knew what Adventure Time was. And she just looks at me and she says, you're surprised Jeffrey Epstein knew what teenage girls were watching in the two thousands, And I was.
Speaker 5: Like, oh, yeah, you know what.
Speaker 1: Actually makes mystery sold. Okay, I didn't assume that one. That was me being dumb. You're right now, this doesn't tie into the broader themes of these episodes at all, Andrew. But I have to tell you something because it's in my head now and now it's going to be in everyone else's head, because god damn it, I'm not going to deal with this alone. On Thursday, July fourth of twenty thirteen, while the rest of the country was setting up fireworks and day drinking joy Edo sent an email to Jeffrey Epstein that, best as we can tell, was an appendix to an in person conversation they'd had a few days or hours earlier, right that, we're talking about something over the phone or in person, and then Itto sends him an email about this thing he'd talk to him about. Right, you know, we've all done this, right sure? In this case, the email that Edo sends Epstein is just the Wikipedia page for daki makura or Japanese body pillows that are printed with art depicting an anime wife or waifu. And he appends a picture of one such pillow to the email, which you will all be seeing now if you're watching the video version of the show. If not, it's a pillow with an egged anime girl on it. Why did Jeffrey Epstein need to read the Wikipedia page for anime body pillows? What was the conversation that inspired this? We will never know, and none of this is really relevant to the main thesis of these episodes. But I felt like, again, I just you have to know this now, like you can't not. Jeffrey Epstein knew what Japanese body pillows were. That's just part of life for everyone.
Speaker 2: Now, Like the head of the goddamn MIT Media lab was sending body pillow shit to a pedophile, which is like, what the fuck is happening?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like Ito resigned, he should have been fired. And I mean in like from a cannon, like out of a cannon into the sea. That should be a crime. We just need to make that a sex crime. Letting Jeffrey Epstein know about Japanese body pillows is something you should have to register as a sex offender for doing.
Speaker 2: It's just one of those things where it's like it is obviously circumstantial evidence, but you could actually walk down every path that leads to that, and it is impossible to find one that doesn't involve a crime. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: There's no way you get to that point having not committed sex crimes. It's simply impossible. Yeah, speaking of crimes against humanity. What Oh sorry, Sophie, I cut you off. I was just doing an ad pivot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was just gonna say that that's like at least tier two sex offender ship, at least tier two, if not tier three.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's an elite pedophile. You got to give him that.
Speaker 2: MM hmm.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Yeah, probably shouldn't go to ads right after seeing Elite Pedophile.
Speaker 4: But what else are we supposed to do with Jeffrey Epstein Epstein Files episodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm getting.
Speaker 5: Frown lines from these episodes.
Speaker 1: We're back, you know, We're uh, we're steaming. We're epsteining. We're steining steining. You guys like steaening a little more? Okay, read the script. So not long after four Chan introduced the poll Board, which again stood for politically incorrect, Epstein's friend Steve Bannon took over the far at the far right news website Breitbart dot com. You like, within a year of each other that Bannon takes over at Breit Barlin and Epstein is again buddies with Bannon. This has been back in twenty twelve, and I hate that we kept to shift in time so much in these episodes, but it's kind of impossible to cover all the stuff and not do it. So in twenty twelve, four Chan's poll board launches, and we know Epstein spends time on four Chan because he sends links to his friends. Steve Bannon takes over Breitbart and he starts turning it into the machine that's going to drive gamer Gate, which arises from four chan into the mainstream news in twenty fourteen. These things happened very close to each other. Bannon and Epstein were socially adjacent over the years, for years before we have evidences of them corresponding. Right officially, if you are reading about this officially, I believe it's twenty seventeen. That is the early point we know Bannon and Epstein were connected directly, and it was via Michael Wolf, or at least that's one of the sources I read said that there's no way that that was the case. For one thing, Bannon is working with Brock Pierce, who we started these episodes with right much earlier than that. And Epstein is friends with brock Pierce during this period of time, right from twenty thirteen to twenty fourteen. Again, Wolf is kind of our best documentation of like when they started emailing each other. But even if and we don't have enough of the emails to know if there are earlier emails between Bannon and Epstein, but we know they were in touch earlier than that, right, Like we just don't know exactly like when this all happened. I don't know when they were first communicating directly, but I know that In May twenty sixteen, Epstein emailed Kathy Rumler, who is the White House counsel to President Barack Obama, or at least who was the White House council to President Barack Obama and a good friend of Jeffrey Epstein's Kathy and Epstein email obviously. And what's weird about this is that Kathy's obviously a Democrat, right, Like she's working for Barack Obama. She's not fans of Steve Bannon and a lot of the people that Epstein keeps in his social orbit. On May eighth, Epstein sent her an email that was just a link to a Breitbart article about how Trump was using the same language to attack Hillary that the women who have accused Bill Clinton of rape used to describe Hillary.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: The article was saying, people are angry at Trump for being mean to Hillary, but he's just mirroring the language that Bill's victims used to describe how mean Hillary was to them, Right, that's the article, you know. And Epstein sends this to Kathy Rimmler, who's a Democrat working for Obama, and that's so that's really weird right her him sending her a Breitbart link, and Kathy seems confused by this too. She responds, what's more disturbing is that you are reading Breitbart.
Speaker 2: Like, what's more.
Speaker 1: Disturbing to anything the article is that you're reading Breitbart and this I think this is an important exchange because it suggests a few things. For one, By twenty sixteen, Epstein is pretty new to reading and sharing Breitbart articles. And I think think he's pretty new because he found himself surprisingly interested in the content, and so it just kind of becomes an increasingly large part of his media diet. And I don't think he's thinking about how extreme it is or how weird other people think it is that he's reading Breitbart articles because he sends it casually to Kathy. The two are good friends in their emailing constantly, and he doesn't think twice about sending her a Breitbart article until she's like, what the fuck? Man, that's really weird. That says to me that Epstein. However, much of this is him being like a master manipulator. Epstein's also organically falling down a right wing rabbit hole. Right that really seems like what this is suggesting to me that he is legitimately finding himself interested in this stuff, in addition to whatever kind of grievances he has that are leading him to support people like Bannon, to support this political move that's going to culminate in the Trump campaign. There's other evidence of this a twenty fourteen email from a redacted sender who had just returned and revisit to Epstein Island. The anonymous center of this email who signed the email just m thanked Epstein and offered lots of hugs and then appended this PostScript to the email. I researched some movie we can watch when you are back. Have you ever heard of Alexander Dugan, one of Putin's advisors, If not, reading about him and his views might be interesting and perhaps quite useful. And that's really interesting to me that people in his circle are trying to push him. Maybe people who are connected to the Russian government are trying to push him to read Alexander Dugan. Dugan is an influential right wing philosopher and political theorist whose work deals heavily with the concept of a multipolar world, aka one in which the US has lost its status as a superpower. And the world is divided between competing blocks of hegemonic powers. Silicon Valley fascists often find a lot that they like in Dugan because their own goal is to see the collapse of the US as a nation state, which will allow CEO kings like Peter Thield to govern city states and regions without oversight. There's no other mention of Dugan in the archives yet, but as I noted before, Epstein has a number of Russian connections, and this is all just kind of part of this picture we're getting of Epstein twenty fourteen to twenty eighteen. He's sending bright Bart articles to his friends. He's talking about alexandes. People are suggesting he reads Alexander Dugan, and he's going to increasingly start putting his money towards supporting right wing content. In twenty fifteen, Jeffrey Epstein donates twenty five thousand dollars to the YouTube channel of Juan Jean Francois Geriapee, a French white nationalist influencer, who announced the donation on his channel during an episode with Richard Spencer. So Gariape and Richard Spencer are bragging that Jeffrey Epstein donated to support his white supremacist YouTube channel in two thy fifteen, part right, I mean for an idea, Yeah, of the kind of shit Garyapee, saying he calls for a white ethno state and advocates that men should own their wives. This is interesting about Garyapee because his own wife disappeared in twenty twenty three. Yeah, she fell off the face of the earth at twenty twenty three. He claims he dropped her off to go camping in the middle of the woods because she was a big fan of off grid living and had been planning the trip for a while. Critics note that he deep cleaned their whole home right before she allegedly left on this trip. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police were at one point seeking tips from the public to help find her, but they have deleted that website and I don't know what her status is. This segment from a Daily Beast article on the matter does give you a very good idea of who Gary Aapee is, though, during a contentious child custody battle in the US, and now ex wife accused Gariyapee of threatening to take their child to Canada. During the custody case, an undergraduate Duke University student testify that Garyapee had conducted an inappropriate sexual relationship with her when he was employed as a researcher at the school and she was working as his research assistant. The student alleged emotional abuse by Garyapee. Gary p had previously told The Daily Beasts that the relationship was consensual. During that custody case, which he lost, Gary ape also became embroiled in a guardianship battle over a nineteen year old who he described as his Beyonce. The teenager had autism and had been assessed by a counselor as having the social and mental maturity of a ten to eleven year old child.
Speaker 2: Cool guy, horrific.
Speaker 1: This is who Epstein. He gives him twenty five thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: And he's just out here like living, right, He's not.
Speaker 1: Still He's still He's still around as far as I'm aware.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's also like like thanks for the thanks for the donation from Jeffrey E. Thanks, thanks for the twenty five thousand coins all whatever. Yeah, it's just like, I mean, I like there is a certain point where you're like, yeah, all these right wing people are fucking awful. You know, certainly pedophile supporting whatever. Oh there's no hypocrites, but it is like kind of fascinating each time they have no shame. I don't know. It's not a slam dunk, I think, but it is just like, yeah, yeah, these people are exactly this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's it's fucking the This is the side of Jeffrey we didn't get until there was the release, the side where he's he's not just even you know, there was maybe some evidence he was flirting certainly with some right wing ideas over the years. He's putting a lot of money. We know about this twenty five thousand dollars donation. We don't know about the others. We don't know where else he's sending money. We know he's sending links to like the fucking Right Stuff, which is a super fucking fascist podcast, like to their website, to like a phrase while he's talking about like race signs. In fact, I want to quote Aried Ross wrote a really good column on his Medium page about some of Jeffrey's right wing connections that summarizes like what happens after this twenty five thousand dollars donation because he just gets increasingly pilled after this point. The following year, he exchanged emails with tech leader Joshua Bach revealing racist sentiments. By this time, he was supporting the changing politics of the Silicon Valley right wing, including what the Byline Times calls biological hierarchy, racial destiny, gender determinism, genetic optimization, population culling, fascism as efficiency. We could call this something like a counter revolutionary movement, broadly speaking, using the strategies and ideas of the revolutionary movement against it. So to put all of this together for you. After getting out of jail in twenty ten to about twenty sixteen, Jeffrey Epstein gets deeply involved in bitcoin and cryptocurrency as a whole, because he sees it as a way to reinvent the financial system and make a new form of money decoupled from democratic Western governance. He'd become a believer in biological and racial hierarchy and had started funding fascist thinkers who supported using the tactics of left rowing revolutionary movements to bring down democratic governments. All this comes to a head in twenty sixteen after Brexit, in a series of celebratory emails between Peter tel and Jeffrey Epstein. So right after Brexit, Epstein sends an email to Peter Teal June twenty six, twenty sixteen, at three seventeen am and says, Brexit just the beginning. Teal responds a couple hours later by asking of what, and Epstein responds, returned to tribalism, counter to globalization, amazing new alliances. You and I both agreed zero interest rates were too high, and as I said in your office, finding things on their way to collapse was much easier than finding the next bargain. So Epstein, by this point what he's talking with Teal about is you and I have been discussing the fact that, like, if we can return to tribalism, destroy globalization, destroy the order that exists, destroy this idea of liberal democracy, then we can buy all of the ass the same way these Russian oligarchs did after the Soviet Union collapse. We can buy every public asset that exists in a fire sale. We can own everything. Right, finding things on their way to collapse is way is the best bargain that exists, and I think that ties all of this together, the right wing politics, the crypto, the fucking getting kids addicted to loop boxes and gambling and stuff. All of these interests that Jeffrey has in these years are all tied to this destruction of the global order, which I think to some extent he saw us betraying him. Right. He was a system guy. He was friends with presidents and kings and other members of royalty. And then he gets convicted of sex crimes and that only happened because of these damn women. Because a democracy, they got the vote, now, you know. And so he and Teal and all these guys like he turns in with them, and he's not manipulating Peter Teel. He's not the guy who made Teal start thinking about anti democratic bullshit. But he gets on board that fairly early, and he uses his newfound interest in this stuff to work towards the same ends that people like Peter Teel are working towards. And he has a lot of influence, and so he has a lot of influence on how this whole right wing ecosystem and this whole right wing populist movement that's going to increasingly be a factor and everyone's lives develops. And that's where we are at the end of Part three.
Speaker 2: Jesus Chris good great, I love it. I mean to me, the overarching thing that's coalescing is like, why were the Why was all the right wing establishments so confident that like releasing the Epstein files was some kind of slam dunk, Like it's so weird you're in the files so much right wing everything.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm yeps, oh yep, I've been pain. Life is good.
Speaker 5: I guess we should do part four.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah, why not?
Speaker 5: Why not?
Speaker 4: All right, We'll be back Thursday, Pain, Yeah, bye bye.
Speaker 6: Behind the Bastards is a production of cool Zone Media. For more from cool Zone Media, visit our website cool Zonemedia dot com or check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 4: All video episodes that Behind the Bastards are now streaming on Netflix, dropping every Tuesday and Thursday. Kit remind me of Netflix. You don't miss an episode. For clips in our older episode catalog, continue to subscribe to our YouTube channel YouTube dot com slash at.
Speaker 6: Behind the Bastards. We love about forty percent of you, statistically speaking,