Speaker 1: All right, before we get to your number six. Oh my gosh, number six, second date of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, we're here already.
Speaker 1: I just want to say thank you for all the wonderful comments you all are leaving.
Speaker 2: You know, some people are like, ah, this one should have been number one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we'll see how you feel about number six today.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you fighting him in comments.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I also appreciate the not wonderful comments too. Those are fun to read, plenty of those. But for second date today, there is a famous saying from Thomas the tank Engine. I think you all know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: This is the philosopher that you call.
Speaker 4: I think no One wrong switch and the whole trains off the track. That's a wise that's a wise train. You didn't read that meaning all it takes is one tiny hiccup to completely ruin your plans for the day. And that's exactly what happened to one of our listeners during a great date. We're one minute he's running outside of a girl's apartment to move his car. Next minute, he's on a city bus miles away in the direction. You'll hear how it went so wildly off tracking your number six second date update of the year right now, the second date update. On this show, we talk about us being foodies quite a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we love our food eating right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, literally because everyone here is hungry constantly day. But if there's two single foodies out there, where's the best place for them to meet up.
Speaker 2: Like to meet for the first time, or to go on the first date.
Speaker 4: Like how about at a local food fair? Well, yeah, two tongues dancing together over one fried gator kebab.
Speaker 2: Put that in the description and you send them your date.
Speaker 4: Idea sounds like love to me, but you're trying to go in on this gator stick. I bring up food fares because that's where one of our listeners met a fellow foodie recently. His name is Paul, So, Paul, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Hey, thank you so much for helping me.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 1: The best part about being someone who loves food is it's so easy to have conversation, right yeah, you always have something to talk about, good or bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you.
Speaker 3: Don't yes, yeah, absolutely no. In fact, I met Taylor at a street fair.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, okay, So her name is Taylor, and how did you too, like strike up a conversation? Paint the picture for us?
Speaker 3: All right, Well, we were in line for the Korean corn dogs and just started chatting.
Speaker 4: The cheesy ones with the corn on the outside of it looks like the corn it's cheese.
Speaker 3: It's beyond description, and the taste was insane.
Speaker 1: That is my new summer goal to seek out and write that down listeners.
Speaker 4: Korean corn dogs are where real love happens. He did, okay, And.
Speaker 1: So you and Taylor in line together? Is that how you struck up a conversation?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because she was behind me.
Speaker 5: So we just started chatting about that and then other things we had had and then we kind of hit.
Speaker 3: It off and then we walked the whole fair.
Speaker 2: What's awesome You guys are there by yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was just there for me, but Taylor was there with her sister and her sisters is oh, so it's easy.
Speaker 2: To split off and yeah she was thankful. Yeah, that's so cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, walk in the fair together, eat in your Korean corn dogs. I mean this sounds like a great something.
Speaker 4: A Korean soap. Yeah, like, what did you guys connect over?
Speaker 3: She let me.
Speaker 5: Choose the next place and I happened.
Speaker 6: To pick the exact one she wanted to.
Speaker 3: Go, and we kept doing that back and forest where we were almost like completing each other's menus as we walked along.
Speaker 4: It's like, no way I was going to I wanted to go there.
Speaker 2: How much did you eat?
Speaker 1: Maybe she's in a food comas, that's why she's not calling me back.
Speaker 3: I did have the sweats, but I try my best to cant down.
Speaker 4: But that's the goal is to get the sweats slightly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 4: So was this year date like just hanging out at the food fair trying stuff together?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: When I did it, I we kind of parted ways, but I said that I wanted to bring her food from my favorite restaurant.
Speaker 2: Same day.
Speaker 4: Please a different day after all this food? You know what you want? It's more food? Ye same day?
Speaker 5: Please?
Speaker 3: No, it's not. It was they listened next day.
Speaker 2: That is a thoughtful thing to yah.
Speaker 4: I think anybody who likes to cook or just feed anybody else, that's just like such a good gesture.
Speaker 2: And it's his love language. Yeah, how did that go?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean the food I knew was going to be a home run because I had some kind of leaf.
Speaker 3: And you hand delivered, then hand delivered.
Speaker 5: It was handmade by an old Italian guy handed in me.
Speaker 4: I handed it to her like, handed it directly into her mouth. Yes, I wish she's like, I could.
Speaker 2: Taste the Italian. Yeah, stad, you just dropped it off and drove off.
Speaker 4: That's a good question.
Speaker 3: No. I wanted to stay longer.
Speaker 5: But the place where I had parked had like weird signs, and I think I was like in a toe zone and I really had kind of a short window.
Speaker 2: And there wasn't any way you could just move your cars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, actually tried to move the car because I told her I'd be back.
Speaker 4: Oh, just to go move it somewhere else and then come back and finish.
Speaker 2: Your didn't you come back?
Speaker 4: No, I got to wait wait you got.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had to deal with all that, and so I was just hoping to bounce out, bounce back. But here I am, I'm trying to get the car off the wreckord and the guy's not even listening to me.
Speaker 2: They'll never take it off. They act like it's some law, and I call bs. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I have argued with too many tow truck drivers.
Speaker 2: As soon as the wheels are uplifted off the grill. We can't do anything.
Speaker 4: You gave him like a hundred box.
Speaker 2: I have tried.
Speaker 4: Oh really, they are really stubborn but excellently soft lips. Right, so you weren't able to get your car off the toe.
Speaker 3: No, I wasn't too.
Speaker 1: Then they impounded, Then you have to go to the pound place, then you have to have cash.
Speaker 2: It all sucks.
Speaker 4: Well, No, what did you do about tailor her?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Sorry, I'm done.
Speaker 5: With the car, So I'm texting her telling you that I'm going to come back, and then now the.
Speaker 3: Next thing you know, I'm on a bust.
Speaker 2: Wait to go get your car. Did you not tell her that your car got towed?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: I thought I could just get the car and come back like nothing had happened.
Speaker 2: But rookie mistake. That's just like Murphy's law.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: Oh man? So wait, did you ever make it back there at all?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: I didn't.
Speaker 5: I just told her that I'd hit her up.
Speaker 2: No wonder she.
Speaker 4: Feels like you like ditched her in the middle of the day.
Speaker 2: Did you ever explain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I told her I'd explained it on our next day.
Speaker 6: But it didn't sound like she was interested.
Speaker 1: I mean, I totally get your circumstances and why you wouldn't want to say anything, but to her, it's.
Speaker 2: Probably a red flag that you're that unreliable.
Speaker 4: It's also a sign you shouldn't park in that area. FLA, it's blocked off. So how long has it been since your mishap with Taylor in the Canoli's.
Speaker 3: It's been like a week.
Speaker 1: Oh no, we had to get you a second date so that that six hundred dollars or whatever it was to get your was actually worth it.
Speaker 4: Also, did she eat the Canolis? How good were they?
Speaker 2: This is the best restaurant you've ever been to, you know.
Speaker 4: I really like how Brooke is super focused on the money. Jose's really focused on the food. Alexis I'm not sure if she's paying attention. TikTok, focus on something. We're going to do something. We're gonna get some answers for everybody when we come back and do your second Date update. Right after this hold on Second Date update, one of the most tragic stories we have ever heard on this segment about a lonely Canoli Yes sitting on a plate, crying yea, waiting for a warm mouth to bite into it, swallow it, and help fulfill its culinary destiny. All the children's movie we got an animated canoli.
Speaker 2: We don't think she just ate two.
Speaker 4: It's possible. We don't know because our listener Paul never returned to eat his canoli and finish his date with Taylor because his car got towed, and we all feel bad for Paul. But that canoli. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: It is so crazy to sit down at a person's house to share a meal with them, go to move your car, and then never return.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and keep telling him I'll be back, I'll be back yeah a second.
Speaker 5: Yeah, never show.
Speaker 4: But at least, like they said, he was texting or trying to keep her informed on what was going on, vaguely, he.
Speaker 2: Was gonna tell her the whole story on their next date. That just never happened.
Speaker 4: Yes, So we're going to try to make that happen for him. You hopefully get redemption for Paul, but more importantly for that canoli. Yeah, Paul, you ready for this.
Speaker 3: I'm absolutely ready.
Speaker 4: Everybody hashbag team Cannoli. If you're posting on social.
Speaker 2: I meant she cried into those canolis.
Speaker 4: Yeah, only one way to find out is by dialing her number right now, we'll see if she picks up. Here we go, Hello, Hey, we're looking to talk to Taylor.
Speaker 6: This is she May ask Is calling.
Speaker 4: Yes, you May, You're We're a radio show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 6: Hi Taylor, Hi, Yeah.
Speaker 4: We're all wanting to talk to you about actually a date that you went on recently with one of our listeners, a guy named Paul.
Speaker 6: Oh wait, okay, I think I know what this is. You do. I think I've seeing you guys on social media.
Speaker 2: Oh that's awesome. Hey, thanks? Did you like and follow.
Speaker 4: Smash that subscribe? But that's why she just now uninstalled TikTok foreverything listening to it. But yeah, this is a second date update. And we know that you and Paul met at a food fair recently and you had a brief hangout with him the week after that didn't go quite according to play.
Speaker 2: It was the next night.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Yeah, it was weird.
Speaker 3: It was gross gross.
Speaker 6: Was the food not the food, just the situation.
Speaker 2: Well, well makes sense why you'd be upset, for sure.
Speaker 4: Because we're aware that things were left on kind of a weird note, because he said he was leaving to go move his car. He was supposed to be real quick and he came back, but he never he never did.
Speaker 6: He told me that he had to grab something out of his car.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well.
Speaker 2: The truth is he had to move it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he didn't do a very good job of explaining what happened next.
Speaker 6: No, he didn't because he never told me that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well I think he was hoping to explain in person.
Speaker 2: It was pretty embarrassed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so there's a lot of sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 6: I don't know. I appreciated him bringing me dinner, but yeah, he was definitely in a different state of mind. Like, the whole situation was pretty weird.
Speaker 1: What do you mean, the whole situation of him leaving was pretty weird? Was there something weird before?
Speaker 6: I mean, he was definitely different than he was the day before. Like he sat down, he was checking his phone. He seemed like rushed, nervous.
Speaker 4: Maybe a little hungry, wanting to eat that he was really looking forward to sharing it with you. He made that very clear to us. Do you think maybe nerves played into it at all?
Speaker 6: So I think I know what the real story is, and that's why I'm actually not responding to him.
Speaker 2: Real story, Yeah, what do you think the real story is?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean I was cleaning up after he left, and I found the receipt still in the bag that he brought, and it was a name and address. It's like a completely different street, like a delivery going somewhere. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Did he accidentally takes someone to go like theoli order isn't for him? Maybe not?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I don't know. He must have stole the meal from like an Uber eats driver.
Speaker 2: Yeah, stop, stop, that is such an accusation.
Speaker 4: Serious.
Speaker 6: Do you explained the receipt with all the different information? And then he's like, I'll be back in ten minutes, I'll be back in twenty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well we should find out right now, because Paul, are you there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm here, Taylor.
Speaker 4: He's actually been on the other line listening, wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 5: Oh god, Paul, Taylor, Taylor, I promise you I did not steal that from an Uber Eats driver.
Speaker 4: Where'd the receipt come from?
Speaker 2: Then there's probably a mix up.
Speaker 3: I am an Uber Eats driver. What oh what?
Speaker 4: Wait, doesn't explain it.
Speaker 2: I don't get it.
Speaker 6: Can you tell me that I just didn't.
Speaker 3: It was going to come up eventually, but I just didn't really know how to say it, and I was just more interested in the food and your reaction.
Speaker 6: To the food.
Speaker 2: But why was the receipt of somebody else? Caul? Did you not order the food? Doesn't matter if you're an Uber Eats driver or not.
Speaker 3: The order was was for somebody else and they had canceled, and so I had the food, and so I did.
Speaker 4: They really canceled? Can then cancels?
Speaker 6: No one I ate someone else's Canoi?
Speaker 1: You would canceled your upers taking a long time because he stopped at someone's house.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 2: Wait, so wait, I thought your car got towed. I thought that was the whole thing.
Speaker 6: Are your car got food?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: Look I wait, I didn't for the show.
Speaker 3: I just thought it would sound better if my car got towed.
Speaker 2: Why because you had to finish a shift. It's on your own time though. Yeah, but if you have food in the car, you have to drop off at somebody's house. Alexis he stole the.
Speaker 4: Food dropping up at her house and he's like in the car, Oh, you had to finish another order.
Speaker 3: I didn't think it was going to be that busy that night, but my phone just kept blowing up and I just delivery after.
Speaker 6: On so many different levels.
Speaker 3: But because look, I'm not on apps and and I don't really date a whole lot, and I don't really meet people that really set me off, like the way you did when we met at the food fair, I was like got another world. And so just to have an opportunity, even if it was just short, to spend any time with you, for me was worth anything, including just a small lie.
Speaker 6: That sounds really sweet, So like, I can't see someone who has lied to me so many times, like upon meeting.
Speaker 4: Taylor, are you forgetting the gift of the delicious?
Speaker 3: Can Taylor? You have to admit that cannoli was amazing?
Speaker 4: Can you deny that it was amazing?
Speaker 6: But the rest of it is just too weird for me?
Speaker 2: Just apologize. He lied from the moment the food got there.
Speaker 1: He lied to us, He lied to her about why he left, Like, well.
Speaker 4: I support him lying to us, but the other stuff, that's okay.
Speaker 3: I just if I could just apologize, and I'm sorry for putting anyone through this, but I really just want a second chance. And if I could take you out and really really show you who I am. I really believe this can be a thing.
Speaker 4: Do you hear that, Taylor? He's inviting you onto his next Uber each shift.
Speaker 1: Which is actually super helpful because I one person runs the orders out and the other stays in the car.
Speaker 2: You don't have to find parking.
Speaker 4: Nice I want to.
Speaker 6: Eat together to that does not sound very enticing to me.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm going to ask an unpopular question here, Taylor. Do you have a problem dating an Uber eats driver.
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 6: Oh no, of course not. But an Uber eats driver who has lied to me and been very like mysterious, fishy, strange like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, then's fine. I'm gonna one hundred percent honest with you. I stole someone's food and I gave it to you, and you a.
Speaker 4: Well, that has to be refreshing to get that kind of honesty, Taylor.
Speaker 6: Wow, that is refreshing. Oh good, Yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna have to go.
Speaker 4: Well, before you go, I just need to ask you if you'd like to meet up with Paul one more time, maybe on that Uber eats route. I'm assuming it's a.
Speaker 6: Yes, No, Jeff, I don't know how else to say it. But that's a giant No.
Speaker 2: Did the little Italian place get a new customer?
Speaker 6: I'm never eating a canolia bre again.
Speaker 4: You can't spell no without cannoli. There we go, Yeah you can wait. You can't spell canoli without no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can sell candles. I'm gonna start spelling no as.
Speaker 4: Darn it. Well, sorry, Paul.
Speaker 2: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Is a us see always the best policy?
Speaker 5: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: It just like honestly, any honesty would be a good policy, just even an ounce of it.
Speaker 4: Jeff. Well, Paul was honest at the end there and admitted that he stole the canoli from somebody else, and even that wasn't enough to win her.
Speaker 2: Get credit for being honest after you lied and then got caught fifteen minutes later.
Speaker 4: That is true. He did lie to us multiple times before that, and you should know we don't like to be lied to. We like to be lied on. Right, broke o.
Speaker 2: The mess up. I actually still really liked Paul.
Speaker 1: I hope Paul fix I know his line issue because I think that he sounded like a good guy.
Speaker 4: You're just sweet talking him for free conol not a bad play on Jeff. If you want free stuff. We do this show for free. Yeah, you're welcome. You check it out wherever you get your podcasts at Brook and Jeffrey. And if you want our assistance, email the show. We can call that person who's not calling you.
Speaker 3: Back Brook and Jeffrey in the morning