Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Coveno on Rich at foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app like searching FSR. Oh, Yeah, money, b ip and full effect. Who heard to you? Mother? Jingling and jangling, Excited for the company Christmas party, and even more excited for this game tonight. Man, where are those bells?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm wearing my Christmas chonies. All I gotta do is wiggle a little bit. Hey, I'm Cavino. That is Rich. Danny G's here. Sam Buyer spots on the videos Covino and Rich FSR again. Start streaming now because Danny G's gonna start picking names and giving away prizes for the holidays, great stocking stuffers and more. Covino and Rich we be rocking out into your Thursday night, week fourteen, broadcasting life from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. Every Olympic dream starts with a first glide through. Learn to Skate USA Kill kids, build confidence, strength and joy on the ice. Learn to Skate USA offers programs for skaters of all ages and abilities. Find a program near you at learn to Skate USA dot com. Yes, USA and USA. Oh on a thank you guys for being here. Oh let's say, if you're talking about ice skating, any sidekicks and ice skating? Who's Chad Michael Michael's partner? I don't remember, I don't remember. Was Napoleon Dynamite? Yeah, that dude. So best sidekicks in honor of Jay Z, who turns fifty six today. Now you don't think of him as a sidekick. That's the point. Yes he was. Though he was a sidekick and became the main attraction, became the bigger star. Everybody starts somewhere. I get it. I mean I started off as someone's sidekick. Yeah, when we first started. You were in Mike Guermo, you know what. I was a producer and sidekick on the air in New York City k Rock, New York on a show called Solid State with Liquid Todd. So its Liquid Todd and El Covino, and I was his sidekick, right, that are not bilingual. That's Theveno Cavino.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It's a mixed show on a rock station Saturday Nights and things like that. But jay Z got his start as the sidekick to a rapper named Jazz, and he became the greatest of all time arguably. I mean you can say this ll Cooljay. He coined the term goat. But jay Z is one of the best in the game, no doubt. So the conversation today Old School and fifty Hits stoning it back on a Thursday named some of those sidekicks that became the big star. You know what is interesting, We have so much great feedback phones Drew Lits, So I don't want to take anyone's answer, but you know, it's another category besides athletes, music, movies, TV shows. Do you guys ever look, this is a weird way to look at it, But did you ever look at offensive and defensive coordinators like sidekicks to the head coach, and some become a head coach and you're like, yep, they're meant to do it. But then there's others like Jim Schwartz, Robert Salah, Wade Phillips Back of the Day where you're like, no, no, you're better is like the sidekick almost like you're better as a like Josh McDaniel is an offensive coordinator, not a head coach. Like there are some guys that I hate to call a successful coordinator in professional sports a sidekick, but it's almost what they are, right, I totally see what you're saying. Absolutely, yeah. I think there's like I could think, off the top of my off the top of the dome, like Harry mack off the top of the dome, two primo examples, and I'll use that to kick it off, okay, because I think they're so obvious, like iconic examples of what we're talking about. And Danny g when he was produced and he threw the same exact examples out there. Number one has to be our good pal, Henry Winkler, the Fonds. He was just the sidekick. He wasn't meant to be the main guy. Hey, he was the mechanic on happy days. He was there for like comic relief for the A and oh, and he became the dude. He became the main attraction to Big Star. He's Henry Winkler the Fons. Fons is iconic, but he wasn't meant to be iconic. He was meant to be just the sidekick, ancillary character. No, bigger than Pozzi and Ralph Mouth. He was the guy, became legend, and it's a very similar story, so I might as well say it. It's the same exact story with Steve Urkle. Did I do that? You're supposed to be just the goofy neighbor and he stole the showy cheese. He's seen Steeler, right, he became the guy. Now, listen, you could give us examples. Danny g was all about sidekicks that became their own number one guy. But if you just have some funny sidekicks, you could throw those in there as well. But let's go to the phones. I don't want to take answers. I'm looking at the feedback on the inshow I had to throw those two out there because those are two primo TV examples, just to kick it off, just to get it going. Here's one if you're a wrestling fan. Joey Elbow says, Virgil was a great sidekick, the late great Virgil for the million dollars madekick where he was never there. They tried to make him go. He went solo for a minute, but then I was like, what's Virgil without the million dollar man? Right? I always looked at him as a million dollar man's sidekick. So he was a great sidekick where he was never he never blew up to be the guy like Nature Boy thirty two hit us up on the intro, he goes, would you guys consider because a lot of times I consider the color commentator the sidekick to the play by play guy. We will say that John Madden was Pat Summer all sidekick. Again, I could see the thought process there. I think that's fun for speculation and fun conversation. Yeah, I could see that because you do assume or associate the color guy as the sidekick to the main broadcast.
Speaker 4: Except John Madden had been the head coach of the Oakland Exactly.
Speaker 1: I had star power. He was the star. He had star Let's let's go to the phones and then I have some really good ones as well. So, uh, let's say how to our guy, most generous friend we have at FSR trip and Vacas? What trip? What's up?
Speaker 5: Hey, goodfternoon, gentlemen. I got a couple that was that would be Jimmy McElroy, was Chad Michael and Michael partner.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 5: Uh, the offensive coordinator one in my time, I would say North Turner, Yeah, grade as a head coach, but he was phenomenal as a coordinator.
Speaker 1: Great example.
Speaker 5: And then I got two sports ones. I would say these may not be what you were talking about, but I would say lou Garrick because the Babe Roof was a man, and then Louke Garrick became his own star. And then the second one, people forget Barry Sanders backed up Thurman Thomas at Oklahoma State.
Speaker 1: That's a wilder. What a what a running back room? Yeah? Crazy? That was you see you see that in college football sometimes like what was the quarterback groom for? Those were cool answers because again, you're playing in the shadows a little bit of a bigger star, so not necessarily a sidekick, but it still applies. Those are great examples. Thank you Trip Jay in Minnesota, Jay your own C and R. What's up, Bud hey.
Speaker 2: Man, thanks for getting Nicoll. I got one that's it's for TV. Back in the day, there was a super hero show called The Green Hornet and his driver was his sidekick, and the guy who was his driver was Bruce Lee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, get on a super cool example, man, I love that example. What was the sidekick on Ason Gary your favorite cartoon. I always thought Gary was the sidekick David Reno. It's up, Dave. That's a great example. Thank you.
Speaker 6: Hey guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, remember when Jimmy Kimmel used to be the sidekick for when ben Stein's Money, and then he got his own talk show late night.
Speaker 1: Dude, good one, man, a real good one. Really interesting. We brought up Germo Kimmel's was on the Brain, But yeah, he was ben Stein's random guy. I actually kind of forgot until you said it. He was kind of the MC of whin ben Stein's in the Money, he's the host. I thought he was going to say the Man Show or something like, Yeah, Jimmy, Jimmy Kimmel was the sports guy on Kevin and Bean right yeah, which was a big radio show out here in La. Can I give you one that Jeff hit us up with Jeff our buddy? Who is in? Where's Jeff living in these shape? Buddy? Jeff Edstrom? Where's he living? Alabama? Nashville? Where's he out these days? He's just Living's such a bad friend. Yeah, choosy moms, choose Jeff. It's a beautiful kid, beautiful wife, But I forget where he lives anyway. Jeff goes, he lives on a boat somewhere. No, he used to live on a cruise ship. He did our buddy, Jeff said one you guys will never think of. So he's gonna throw it out there, Saul Goodman. I love that answer. He goes it was a side character on Breaking Bed and goes everyone loves to say Breaking Bed best show ever, and he goes, better call Saul was a fantastic spinoff. U props to Bob Odenkirk too, who listens to our show. That's a great, great answer because he really listens. Yeah, he became a big star of a zone, had his own spin off, and people, if you downplay better Call Saul, you missed out because that show was great. It dipped for a minute, came back so strong.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 1: That's a great answer. Can I give you one that's getting their own spinoff after all these years? You go to Universal, you see it everywhere. One of the best kids movies. You just saw the documentary about Eddie Murphy. There's a new Shrek coming out, but there's also a spinoff called Dunkey. There's a Donkey is getting his own movie star in his own movie movie. Yeah, put some boots down and let me let me throw one more at you in the music world, because this is one I don't think anyone will mention, but we all know Kid Rock famous dude Uncle Cracker, who had like a handful of radio hits. Uncle Cracker was Kids Rock can DJ on tour. You know what's interesting about that too, He wasn't even the second most famous guy in that group, because that would say Joe c Remember Little Joe said had more game than kal Eco. Little dude. Yeah, he was the second guy in Kid Rock's band, and you're right, Uncle Cracker became the guy after that, so props to him.
Speaker 4: That's a good one one that I've be watching on Netflix lately. I started from season one, episode one, because I've never seen the older episode.
Speaker 1: Seinfeld George Costanza, what I mean, what a great Yeah, what a great character.
Speaker 4: That show would not be the same without that sidekick to Seinfeld.
Speaker 1: Costanzo was like the comic group and then Kramer two. That show is just unbelievable, and it applies because obviously each character of that show became their own star, you know, because the show got so big, so based on Jay Z's birthday. He started as a sidekick to another rapper named Jazz, but became the biggest star. Who are some other guys that started as a sidekick and became a huge star, just like that Dwight in Kentucky? What's up? D White?
Speaker 6: What's happening?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 1: What's good to hear from you?
Speaker 6: Hey, y'all have taken all the good ones, man, I have had to do my list over real quick.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got to go one for you though.
Speaker 6: Y'all remember tears right?
Speaker 1: Of course? What about you afraid you took off and got them? What about what? He Harrelson? Yes, you know what, Dwight, Let me hit you with. Let me hit you with the show from that same generation. I was just thinking, like you would talk about Erkele and the fonds and side characters that were sort of the star. Would you say that rerun on What's Happening? I don't know, but he wasn't really a big star, but I'm saying like he was the fun of the show. I love his dance moves.
Speaker 4: Rich Would you say Carlton was the sidekick to Fresh Prince on Fresh Prince.
Speaker 1: And he was It was interesting about a Fonso Robiro, who were pals with kind of sort of we like him the means he took a picture with him one time. He was like the biggest star of the eighties. But there was a time where we were bumping into him everywhere. Danny j to the point where he couldn't avoid being our path. But dude, he was in commercials and dancing around Michael Jackson in the eighties. He's got silver spoons. He was doing like dance videos. He was everywhere. It was the tap dance kid. That dude was like all things famous for a child act or in the eighties and then became the sidekick to you like Will Smith. He was already way famous.
Speaker 2: We were.
Speaker 1: We were at a party once and I just remember and it's not a name drop, it's Alfonso Orbero, but I remember that we were at a party once where I think Alfonso Arbero just sat down and talked to our video guy Spot for an hour just because he didn't really know anyone else at the party and didn't want to be bothered. So I think he was just like, I'll talk to spot Spot and uh in Alfonso Arbero best friend. Yeah, people don't know that, so again, the sidekick that became the big star. All Right, Allison in the QUS, what's up Syracuse.
Speaker 7: Hey, I'm so excited to talk to you guys.
Speaker 1: Favor You're our favorite listener in Syracuse. Go get some dinosaur barbecue. I went there. I was I'm a Syracuse guy.
Speaker 7: I knew you were a Spiracuse guy. I listened to your show. You're missing a lot of snow right now, so you probably don't want to be here tonight, but I do not love to make my commune home. I'm in a good mood when I get home from work because if you talk about you like you're my best friends. So I have one is sticking with the TV theme, and I think I'm in your funeral age range. You might remember, although you may not have watched, Jennifer Garner started out as Felicity sidekick. Felicity was Kerrie Russell, and I love Kerrie Russell. She was in that American show. Jennifer Garner's everywhere. She's in you know, Superhero movie. She's married to Ben Affleck. She's on every other commercial.
Speaker 1: What's What's What's in your Yeah? Yeah, that's it. That's a good one. You know what I was thinking of another president in our age group as well. When you were kids, you were atch Doogie Howser. Cavino used to love Vinnie Delpino, Hey do the Neighbor. But when I think of Neil Patrick Harris, much like Erkele and the Funds, How I Met Your Mother is a story of Ted explaining how you met the mom, Barney Stinson became the star of that show. Great answers, Neil Patrick Harris. That's one of my favorite shows that also I meant to be Neil Patrick Harris like the main guy. I mean, Ted's like one of those like haterable lovable characters. You know, Jason Siegel, Alison Haddigan, they a great cast. Love the show. But let's be honest, any clip or any memory you have of that show is like Barney Stinson was the funny of that show. No doubt. I think it's a great exac. I think that's right up there with as a modern day ercle Fonds exam. Now I think again side character becoming the big star. I'm gonna stretch this out. This is based on Jay Z. Would you say Tupac could be in this conversation because he was in digital underground as a backup dancer, nothing but trouble and then became an iconic wrapper and in face of hip hop. So he was just a backup dude to the Humpty Dance. Do you guys, I mean, I'm going back to Neil Patrick Harris for a second. Do you guys know the story of how he sort of landed that role, because we forget he was a child star Doogie Howser MD and then you know he came out openly gay man. Right, so we're talking about openly gay guy who was a child star. How does he become like the womanizer on CBS's biggest sitcom. They saw that he could play that sort of role just by his cameo in Harold and Koomar Go to White Castle. Yeah, that's a great thing. Remember he had that sweet cameo. It's like, Yo, that's Neil Patrick Karris playing like a vulgar maniac. Ye ye, So that little cameos it shed a different light on It's like, Wow, Neil Patrick Carris could play that type of role. And man, hey dude, if you say I'm stretching and this doesn't count, then by all means, let me know. But that's one of my favorite shows growing up was Pee Wee's play has That's why I feel like this is Stevie's playhouse, but pee Wee was the star. Is that why when Dan Byer does up thatate, you say, Michaelikahei mccahido, Hey Dan Byer. So if you remember those Stevie, there was a guy named Cowboy Curtis that would come in and he'd hang out with Pee Wee Herman Cowboy Curtis. Cowboy Curtis turned out to be a big time movie star. But the name of Lawrence Fishburn. So I don't know if that applies. And a lot of people don't even realize that Lawrence Fishburn is common knowledge to some but to other people are like, wait a second, wait, I know it because that's I know because you're a big pee fan. But they talk about that in the Peewee documentary and it's fantastic. What's up the bag?
Speaker 8: I was going to just add another one to this. You guys are talking about jay Z. Obviously you guys were mentioning Tupac, I think as of late Toto. Remember these are just session guys in you know, making music for everything else and now all of a sudden like let's just have our own band and total becomes huge.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, that's a good one, dude. If I'm not mistaken, Toto did the Thriller album, like they were the musicians on that album.
Speaker 8: Yeah, a lot of the songs yes, yes, and human Nature Uh yeah, I was written by one of the guys in Toto.
Speaker 1: Oh you know whom based on that? The Eagles. They were Linda rod Stance, like backup band and then boom they become the Eagles.
Speaker 4: You know, a guy in the eighties music scene, we couldn't turn the radio on without hearing Phil Collins.
Speaker 1: He definitely I mean he was a drummer, yeah, Genesis, but he was yeah, so again sidekick, not the main dude. Then the main dude is basically the conversation here, trying to think, you know, you know me, I was never sold on this. I was trying to think if there was a wrestling example of like someone that was like became the star. Yeah, I'm I'm racking my brain through. I'm like Scottie Pippen, But he was never really the main guy after that, you know, he's always.
Speaker 8: I kind of made him mentioned earlier today about Mike Holmgren and being the assistant to Bill Walsh. We look back at there was an NFL films deal where they talked about all of the head coaches that worked under Mike Homgren that were former assistants that became head coaches. But I think I think that Homegren was like the first one, the hot assistant where that branched from Bill Walsh.
Speaker 1: Of course I remember because I remember him as a Niners fan. I remember my and then being like, Wow, he's on his own now and he's yes, star coach. Would Belichick under Parcels apply here? Yes? Yes, kind of yes, right, at one point he was the sidekick? Yeah, right, based on your couple before, not only at one point a couple of times, because there were a couple of ten years.
Speaker 8: Was first with the Giants and then even with the Jets. He went and worked for Parcels.
Speaker 1: And you know, I think we're seeing we're seeing a guy like Ben Johnson become the star if the if the if the Bears keep winning, you're not gonna look at Ben Johnson is like you know that clever play calling coordinator for the Lions. You're gonna be like, do you mean the head coach that is giving the Bears glory for the first time in like decades. So it is pretty interesting though, because jay Z really was again like the hype man, the sidekick to another rapper question flavor, flav He's always a side always, he's like the consummate sidekick. He's like Scottie Pippeny, but he's he's the second everyone know him. Well, he's super famous, but that's his role. Yeah, all right, but he did. But you know what, Rich, You're right, he became a TV star, right, No, that's a good answer. You become his own star. So yeah, I would say that that is. But he's he's like the consummate sidekick or hype man. I don't know, that's a good one. Let's go to Jim in Vegas.
Speaker 6: Hey Jim, Hey guys, thank you guys for taking my call.
Speaker 1: No problem, man, what's up.
Speaker 6: Becoming big fans of you guys?
Speaker 1: I mean, oh, thanks.
Speaker 6: That in for Dan Patrick one morning and now you guys got me listening to you every afternoon.
Speaker 1: Like, hey man, that means it's work. That's the goaling we're feeling for Dan Patrick. And that alarm goes off at four am. You're the that what you just said is the reason we do it. Yeah, thank you so much.
Speaker 6: Now you guys ready for the best one. You guys are gonna get. You guys are.
Speaker 1: Ready, let's go.
Speaker 6: This guy's gonna end up probably being the best actor in history, one of the best actors ever history. He started off on a TV show called Bosom. Buddy Lari was the star of that show and Tom Hanks it took everything and became what he is today.
Speaker 1: That's you know what I thought you were gonna say. And by the way, I like that example better I think you're gonna say. Leonard at DiCaprio was just like the random kid on Growing Paints. I thought, that's what you're gonna say, because those are that's along the same lines. Like, you're right, Tom Hanks was not the but Tom Hanks more of a sidekick on that show. But Tom Hanks was he was not billed as like the main guy of Boz and Buddies. I remember correct became a superstar ridge.
Speaker 4: In our pre show media And you had a great answer because Scott Beao of course was the star. And who did we tune in? Though, at least me when I tuned into the show.
Speaker 1: Buddy Lembeck. Yeah, I just wish there was a Buddy Lemback show. A Hey, Charles what he was hyped up? Charles in charge. Buddy Lemback was so horned up. He would always be like, Charles, there's some hot girls down at Sid's Pizza. Like there was always like you know, he always he was the Larry Dallas Essentially, he was the what you know, Jack Tripper had Larry. There was always hot girls at the Regal Beagle. But I think those dudes are just sidekicks. No, boner from Growing Pains. Those are just sidekicks. The story here is those guys becoming superstars. So eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox and Yes, I said, when you said boner from Growing Pains, I thought that's when you were looking at the picture of Joanna Currents. Oh no, that's a different one to your room. All right, all right, Uh, where do you want to go?
Speaker 2: Bob?
Speaker 1: Roy? Bob and Rochester? What's up? Maybe I'll do stand up at our holiday party tonight.
Speaker 9: Please don't hey, Bobby, Hey, guys, just driving through Buffalo through the Snowy Shall.
Speaker 1: Always said, hih, what's up?
Speaker 7: Whatever?
Speaker 5: Whatever happened to Ryan Seacrest's co host an American idol.
Speaker 1: You know, Dunkleman is Rich David's name, you know, changed his name to Rich Davis Bob. What's interesting about that is that Dunkleman missed out on you know, Ryan Seacrest went on apparently for the sweetest reasons, but it was just bad career. Like Duncleman was like, I don't like how they're mocking these kids. He thought they were exploiting the kids and being mean at their expense. And you know what, looking back, they were Simon Cowell was like crushing these kids goals and dreams before our eyes, and we were loving it. And we were exploiting like people with accents and making fun of young men from foreign countries. So Duncleman was sort of ahead of that trend of compassion and doing the right thing. It worked to his disadvantage and William Hunk sing, she bangs at your wedding. True story. True story. Yeah, alright, let's go to DJ extra. But you know what, you could say that Ryan Seacrest was the sidekick they were. You could say he was kind of a sidekick and he became a mogul about how about Randy Jackson my dog?
Speaker 8: Yeah, the playing for journey, you know, hitting that base and then American idol kind of to Simon Cowells greed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, honestly, Randy was a standalone name that everyone knew. But before that, you're right, he was just a musician in a band. Yeah, but you're righty, just a musician in the band. I think it goes to show you too. That's the best that they can get. They didn't have high budget for that show, and that's no knock on him, but no one really knew him that well as a solo act, and Paul Abdul hadn't done much at that time. No, so let's go to Vermont Real quick, Yo, DJ extra, what's up?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm an old hip hop DJ.
Speaker 9: I gotta get in a couple of real quick Yeah. One of them is hiding in plane sight in the.
Speaker 5: Doug gottlieb intro and that is.
Speaker 9: A Dougie Fresh snippet and his sidekick, will you guys say.
Speaker 5: It before I do?
Speaker 6: Slick Rick Click Rick click Rick.
Speaker 1: I was more Dana Daye kind of guy, but yes, click Rick De Rula became a huge, huge star and you know that English accent, the iPads, the change, the jewelry, the gold tooth. He became iconic. So that's a really great answer. Man, what else you got. Let's say, job one O thinking one more?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know Biggie Small's had one too, and she was voluptuous and she was a little kid.
Speaker 1: That's a great one. You made me think of another one in the world of hip hop. And this is a true story. I always loved this story and I've said it a million times. Busta Rhymes was just one of the leaders of the New School. He was just one of the antillary guys. Charlie Brown was the main dude, right, who's that Brown? So leaders of New School, they come out and do scenario on our senior hall. Our senior hall welcomes a tribe called Quest Scenario. Leaders of the New School collaborate on that song. Busta Rhymes does his whole little gimmick and everyone's like, who's that guy? He was just like one of the dudes in the band. Becomes a huge, huge star after that on his own. Oh man, we're running lately, longer than his sister Leanne, John Gerald, Lauren. We'll get back to everyone and we'll take your feedback. Next we got more Covino on Richard just getting the wrapped up with all this fun throwback stuff. Covino on resh tred here Fox Sports Radio Now Quick time out Holiday upgrade. Check you still watching games on your week ass old TV? If so, should be ashamed of yourself. Number one, and I hate your weekass TV. I got a squint just to see we got the solution. TCL Buddy Boy tcl's QM eight K, QD Mini led the real MVP, Ultimate brightness, Ultimate black levels for the ultimate experience. They should call that TV the real MVP. Yeah they should. And it's not just football. Cavo movies look great, games feel smoother. Everyone's gonna be impressed. Here's the play Holiday savings off Select TCLTVS go Premium with the QM eight K, brilliant picture, huge sound the ultimate choice, or grab the versatile QM six K for an elevated game day experience. Don't overthink it. Lock in the ultimate experiences with epic savings and undeniable bragging rights all season long. Get it while supplies last. Tcl's the official TV partner of the NFL. Find ECL at all major retailers. TCL Bigger, Brighter, Better Holidays select models, limited times. See all major retailers for details. TCL dot com, jep mess, cheap mess, Oh baby question my partner jay Z. This is jazz Hawaiian Sophie. So if you're a nineties hip hop guy, this is like a B level single. But the video was fun and they played the video a lot Hawaiian Sophie on Jay Z's fifty six birthday. Now he's got hits for days. But this is where it started. And again, everybody starts from somewhere. So when we say sidekick or ancillary guy or whatever, that's not a diss. Everybody starts from somewhere because it's cool to see when that second guy becomes the big superstar because no one really expects that, right, You always expect that main guy to continue being the bigger star. But sometimes there's some hidden talent back there. When I was like twenty, yeah, I worked at my first like real radio station, and I was on the morning show. But I was not the host of the morning show that you met. Imagine, you know, since we're comino and rich now, yeah, but you were a young guy. I was the sidekick that would do the stupid like bits on the street and I was rich the Bull, Richie the bull man, the legendary Richie the Bull. I was Rich the Bull like Ferdinance. And you know why I was Rich the Ball because I had such a New York accent. They said I sounded like a little mobster. I was like, yeah, see New York. You know what those rich really did, though I had the worst New York acts. When I met him, he was like, oh man, he said, like Edith Bunker. That's how rich talked that day. True story. Yeah from Brooklyn fee yea allright, rapid fire. Then DB's update. We'll talk a little more NFL as we get ready for an amazing game tonight. Lions, Cowboys, Oh my, Lauren and Fresno.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what's up, guys?
Speaker 1: What's up? Bro?
Speaker 6: I got an old one for you.
Speaker 9: This is even before my time, but the old TV show The Green Hornet.
Speaker 5: His sidekick was Cato, played by Bruce Lee.
Speaker 1: You know what, You're the second guy I said that. But it's a great answer, really is. Bruce Lee became an icon, So I'm great. I'm a huge Bruce Lee fan, so I'm glad you said it. Thank you, buddy. I let's say had Gerald in Virginia. What's up Gerald? Hey Gerald, Hey.
Speaker 5: Guys, glad to talk to you again. Although I lost my Phil Collins answer earlier. I'll go to wrestling with Diesel. Kevin Nash was Shawn Michael's bodyguard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good one. Rob Baker hit us up in San Antonio, he said. Arn Anderson was always like that sidekick to Rick Flair, but then he was sort of his own man for a while. Steely he was his own guy.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Sean hit us up in Los Angeles, and he gave us a wrestling one The Rock before he was Dwayne the Rock. Johnson, he was like just a random guy in the Nation of Domination. I don't remember that much, but so yeah, everyone starts somewhere man John and Ventura. What's up man? Yeah?
Speaker 9: I got three? So first one is a ball show called Cheers. You got frasier.
Speaker 1: Coming out of that.
Speaker 9: Second one would be uh, you got the parents were supposed to be the stars, but then a show called Family Ties Michael J.
Speaker 1: Fox, Oh dude, that's such a great one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah. Third one is another backup dancer, one of the original fly Girls, and a Livy Color j Lo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I gave all credit to Selina bro all credits was Jamie Fox. You said, back then she was just hey, ho oh, that's all that. That's the Jamie Fox. Hey dude. All great answers, but that Alex P. Keaton, Michael J. Fox answer, and back then to be a TV star turn movie star was few and far between. That's a great example. You know, he was just the son of the show. Not only did you have five kids in your class name Mike when you were if you were a kid of the eighties, there was five kids in your class name. Dare we say, Michael Jackson, Mike Tyson, Michael Jordan, Michael J. Fox, like every like we lived in a we lived in a world of Michaels, Michael Michael J. Foxes Man, he's the guy. Let's say hi to Brad in North Carolina. We'll take a couple of quickies that we will go to dB. What's up, Brad, guys?
Speaker 6: Uh uh?
Speaker 3: He stole my fly girl, But I had a second one, and that.
Speaker 5: Is Opie that went on to be one of the best directors ever in Ron Howard.
Speaker 1: That's a that's a funny one, man. Yeah, he was just a bit character, kind of a sidekick to Andy Griffin Griffith Griffith Griffin, griff griff But yeah, man, and look he became one of the biggest, biggest names in Hollywood. San Antonio, what's up, San Antone? What's up, Jason?
Speaker 6: How about?
Speaker 5: I got a couple of mine taking so but what about like Kevin Hart, he started when he started off a soul plane and like no Scary movies.
Speaker 1: He was in forty year Old Virgin. Yeah, he was the guy. Romney Malcolm was the main part of that scene in that set where he showed up and he's like, that's Kevin Hart. You know, I can't say he was the sidekick, but he wasn't the main guy. Yo, Jason, you ever go to Cha Cho's in San Antonio, one of my favorite Mexican spots back in the day.
Speaker 5: They fell off, though, Man, it got pretty ghetto.
Speaker 1: My wife said the same thing. When I first started dating my wife, she's from New Bronfels. Every time she picked me up at the airport. Their case ideas that like the size of Danny G's head, they had the most monster like Mondo case ideas. Now Danny G's gonna think I think I know this guy and three fourths. All right, you know what, JJ and Illinois wrap it up and they'll go to dB. That's just some quick rapid fire. We're good. What's up fire, JJ? Last one? What's up Bud?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Hey, I wanted to highlight a sidekick who fumbled their chance at the spotlight. How about the guy was supposed to be John wilts oos sidekick the night he killed Abraham Lincoln. He was supposed to kill the vice president, but instead he went to the saloon and got too drunk and forgot to do it.
Speaker 1: By the way, that's like the most bizarre yet awesome answer. I think we under that that is true if you're on a history you know, besides super Bowl history, presidential history is one of my favorite things, believe it or not. No joke. Well off the air, I was saying, rich, how about George Bush? He was sidekicked to Ronald Ray who was eight year vice president. VIPs became their own guy VPS that ended ended up becoming peace John Wilkes booth. That is a true story.
Speaker 4: So both the president and vice president were supposed to be assassinated.
Speaker 1: There was a plan that night of like you know, a night of destruction. Essentially, and the guy who was assigned to like, you're going to take out the VP, where was the VP? It got a little too much sauce. Well put uh, you know, simping back. VP was not at No, he was not at the theater. At the theater, now I have to brush up on this. He couldn't get in good enough seats. Let's go at Damn Buyer for an update.
Speaker 8: What's up dB, I was gonna say John Wilkes booth sidekick too. Yeah, it's right there for me, guys. Sam Brown may play tonight. We're gonna find out in a few minutes, but it'll look like it got twisted ball. You know you've seen him in his like wild family. They are competitors, to say the least, so it doesn't shock. It's the it's the We've been inundated now with shots of Amanra working out on the field, and actives are due within the next five minutes, so we'll find out if he's active or inactive. But right now, Amnra Saint Brown at least doing on field work. Prior to Cowboys and Lions tonight, the Lions did elevate wide receiver Malie Cunningham from their practice squad earlier today, which you could have taken as a side that maybe Amonra wasn't going to play, But it's also insurance if that's the case.
Speaker 1: Doesn't that also strike you No, he's a star player, but doesn't it also add to the urgency of this game for the Lions that Ama is going to even try to go like this is as us. Yeah, and you're gonna have to score points.
Speaker 8: You guys talked about it off the top of how much we you know, like how Dallas is playing and you're gonna have to score tonight. Jeremy Follower of ESPN just tweeted that Amanra gave him the thumbs up that he is indeed playing tonight.
Speaker 1: Fonds gave she wasn't just talking about our conversation. Hey, DP, who do you got in this game?
Speaker 8: Gosh, I I like Dallas plus the points. I'll just say yeah, yeah, that's I'll leave it at that sect myself. Man, I'm excited. Yeah, it should be a fun one.
Speaker 1: Tonight.
Speaker 8: We AD fourteen ends with the Chargers and Eagles. Eagles will be without Jalen Carter. He underwent a procedure on his shoulders, according to ESPN and is now considered week to week. Lamar Jackson didn't practice today for the Ravens. They've got the Steelers coming up on Sunday. Jayden Daniels fully practiced for the Commanders. They have the Vikings coming up, and JJ McCarthy of Minnesota cleared concussion protocol. Cardinals wadter receiver Marvin Harrison Junior wasn't spotted at practice. He's nurse nursing a heel injury. Jannison Tetakoupo of the Bucks will be sideline to to four weeks because of a calf strain. Well, the Calves were fined two hundred and fifty thousand dollars for holding out Darius Garland of a National TV game last week. Sesame Street helped raise all of us. Now it's our turn donate this holiday season at sesame dot org because the world needs Sesame and Sesame needs you. And Alabama head coach Kalin Debor put to rest that he would consider taking the job at Penn State.
Speaker 4: There's never been any link, there's never been any conversation, there's never been any interest either way, and so I'm glad we can put that to bed right now.
Speaker 8: Alabama getting ready for the SEC title game Saturday. James Madison hiring Billy Napier, the former Florida head coach. Is there a new head coach? Guys, back to you, Hey, thank you, dB.
Speaker 1: Two questions. Does it not feel like a lifetime ago? You said Jalen Carter going through a procedure. Remember it was like week one with the spit gate, Remember he like did the spitting? Does that feel like a lifetime ago? Yeah, that was the beginning of the season. And you know, we don't talk in a bunch of college football here. We're more NFL fans. But if you're not excited about Indiana Ohio State this weekend, my goodness, that's like you you could be the most casual. But when you got to twelve and OZHO teams going at it like that, that's that's gonna be pretty pretty awesome. I'm pumped. So hey, we got more Covine on Rich. We'll talk some NFL, do a little preview of tonight's game. Let's do it more. Convene on Rich next as we're live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. And just a reminder, for over forty years, ti Iraq has been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Ship Fast and Free backed by free Road has a protection with convenient installation OP she owns like mobile tire installation. Just because you said op she owns doesn't mean I forgot you said jive instead of drunk jive talker. Yeah. So thanks again to tirack dot com. We tire buying should be They help you wherever you're driving. Every Olympic dream starts with a first glide through learn to Skate USA. Kids build confidence, strength and joy on the ice. Learn to Skate USA offers programs for skaters of all ages and abilities. Find a program near you at learn to Skate dot com. What a fun ass conversation man. Happy birthday to jay Z. By the way, Covino and Rich Fox Sports Radio, because I got so many thoughts. I'm like Larry Holmes was Muhammad Ali's sparring partner before becoming champion and beating Ken Norton. You know, he was his sparring partner and then eventually beat an old Mama Ali. Thanks again for all your feedback at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio. We're live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. No more waiting. Your goals start now. Cyber Monday deals are still going Cyber Thursday. Take your workouts around the world with Nordic Track and I Fit. Save big on treadmills, bikes and rowers at NordicTrack dot com, Nordic Track, train anywhere, explore everywhere. So I'm Cavino. That is Rich and Danny g. We told people early on to hop on our live chat, our live feed, our live stream, watch what you hear at Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube. Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube. It's where our bonus pod airs. Right after this over promised, we said we'd pick a winner, right. We need people to follow for free, and people are chatting. Who you got man, Samuel L. Johnson, Can I get a drummer roll? Oh? Go ahead, just slap your chest. And this is for a CNR on FSR NERF turbo football, great stocking stuffer. We got plenty of them. So who's the winner today?
Speaker 4: I like the answer from Scott for mayor. He said, mister T from the A team.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is a good one. That's a really good one. Scott.
Speaker 4: We're gonna mail out a turbo football to you when the shipment comes in. Hit me up at crprizes at gmail dot com. That's Crprizes at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Scott, thanks for playing along. You know, thank you. Every day the YouTube chat and the YouTube page is growing. So again, if you want to do us a holiday favor, I feel like I'm tiny, Tim, Can you do me a favor? I'm like a crotch it. I'm not asking for one more call in the fire. I'm asking for just a simple follow on our YouTube page YouTube dot com, slash at coviing on rich FSR and I saw a funny thing speaking of a scrooge. I saw a video on social media. It's like Scrooge, we all hat the wrong idea. He did nothing wrong but expect everyone to be as fiscally responsible as he is. He didn't deny Crouch it to call in the fire. He was in that cold room too. He just was a stickler. Yeah, pay up. When he went around town, he just thought, all these poor people made bad decisions. Are you a scrooge? Because you want your money? So he wasn't you know, thinking about it. Hey, And by the way, we talked so much about sidekicks, and yeah, that was a lot of fun. We appreciate all the feedback. I can tell you what we're going to talk about on over Promise. What you got? We got chat GPTs fifty greatest moments in sports? Can AI have a gauge on what we've seen with our own eyes. So we're gonna go over the top sports moments according to AI. And since it's the company holiday party Thursday, what did the company party rules?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Holiday party rules? Dos and don'ts? The jews and don'ts. We break it down plus Rich's picks and who might be asked? All on a brand new Over Promised Episode one on Fox Sports Radio's YouTube page and our YouTube page. Covino and Rich FSR check it right after this after this show, and you know you you mocked that John Wilkes booth answer his his pal who was supposed to kill the VP but got drunk. I didn't buck it, no, but you said, really, our buddy Sean hit us up and he goes the guy is right about John Wilkes smooth, the guy who's supposed to kill the VP that but got drunk instead. His last name was mud, which is why the old expression is like his name is mud because that primuses my name is mud Song is about one hundred percent No way you really, yep, say look at that. I'm not something. By the way, tonight, I'm all Cowboys plus three and a half. I don't know about you lions, you're grasping. I wish you luck. I'm around Saint Brown. I'm a fan. So maybe he does something, but to me all about the boys tonight, we'll say, and tomorrow we play Brainwave giveaway more prizes, but enjoy over promise, enjoy the game tonight, Arivadrecci. Maybe see you in the over promised later later