Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: The most interactive show on radio, most inclusive show on radio. Begins Covino in Rich spots on the videos and shout out to all the affiliates, waking up with us on your commute back to work. Hope you had a great President's Night, and I hope you have a great day.
Speaker 3: Let's go. I celebrate. I kept the top hat on.
Speaker 4: In the bedroom.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: Nice gave it to her able Lincoln style. I don't know what that means. That means you keep the top hat on and your socks. Oh yeah, your socks and your a Lincoln hat, your top hat. But lots to get to today. Shack's in the news, Lebron's in the news. Rich has a dumb hypothetical, Anthony Ron Don is speaking out his ass. Lots of dumb things to get to today. We're the worldwide leaders of nonsense, so you're gonna get a ton of that today. It's we're gonna talk some baseball again, a hypothetical that has to do with your team winning.
Speaker 3: And I got to.
Speaker 2: Talk about people loving to play dumb. People love to play dumb, and some people aren't playing. Maybe I don't know, get so while you get ready, you get situated.
Speaker 3: I want to remind you we're live.
Speaker 2: From Mercedes Ben's studios and thisur is brought to you by tire rack dot com, the official tire expert and retailer of the Dan Patrick Show. Go to tyrack dot com slash Dan, try the tire Decision Guide and see the full line of handcock tires special offers. Free Road has a protection mobile tire installation. Tirerac dot com the way tire buying should be. All right Now, as we kick off the Dan Patrick Show, Cavino and Rich sitting in. It's a real quick question more' harpond it for more than a minute than I do. Want to talk Lebron. If you could pick any time of the day, no matter what you did for a job, when would you want to work? Because when we fill in for DP, there's the sense of no one likes when their alarm goes off early.
Speaker 3: We're on the West coast.
Speaker 2: I know all of his East coast affiliate's like, hey, dummies, it's nine o'clock. We like to pick our schedules by three to four hours because we work at radio.
Speaker 3: That's not the real life.
Speaker 2: No, I know, like my mom's schedule shifts a lot and sometimes she works closing or opening, and people like different things. There is a sense of getting out of work early, like if you're the person that starts at four or five early, like mister Furley, but not too early, you know, not too early. You gotta realize out here on the West Side, we're in La you gotta wake up like four thirty in the morning, I mean five at the latest to do a six am morning show.
Speaker 3: And that's what Dan Patrick does. That's every morning show in the history he does on television. He does it from the East Coast.
Speaker 2: Like one of our buddies, Gary Streiski, works for ESPN and Bristol. Yeah, sometimes I see when he does at three am, like when they have to do the early Sports Center Earl. The whole crew is like up at one am literally for the birds. Yeah, because that's what you're talking to. That's who's waking up with. The only point that I'm gonna make is no one likes working late because they want to have dinner with their family, their kids, everyone. They want to be able to go out with their buddies for a cocktail, to go out for a girls' night. No one wants that ass schedule working late, but when you have to wake up at four or five in the morning, not complaining, I'm just saying that. Howard Stern said something back in the day that I couldn't agree with more because I worked in morning radio. We do afternoons now here on Fox Sports Radio. But when you work morning radio or TV, or any job, whether it's at the factory, you know, drive in whatever you do for a living, you can't truly enjoy the night before knowing you have.
Speaker 3: To wake up.
Speaker 2: Never I watch you have a cocktail, you can't really watch a late night move like you and your wife are watching something at ten pm. You're like, well, I'm enjoying it, but it's ten I gotta wake up in like six hours.
Speaker 3: But you do it just a little bit. I guess you do eventually. I would say.
Speaker 2: In radio, which is different because again we're talking three to four hour increments, so you also have to be on. I would have to say Collins got the time spot, the time slot like the one where everyone would say for life, Yeah, he's on at nine am, nine to noon, nine to noon. Give me a break, like waking up for a nine am show. That's not that drasted. That's like normal and then yeah, that's normal living and then being done by nowt Now, I'm not saying he's done done, because there's still a lot of things to do, but that would be the ultimate for radio. You know, a nice short day like that and being done and having the rest of your day.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's that's the goal for sure.
Speaker 2: But whatever you do for a living, we appreciate you listening having I want to get it to this Lebron thing coming on ritch in for DP.
Speaker 3: Lebron James.
Speaker 2: My thing here is this, I think there are times we all love to play dumb.
Speaker 3: Let's listen to Lebron and then I'll explain.
Speaker 5: I have not mapped out how many scenes as I have left. I know it's not that many. I also don't know if I will. I was asked this question a couple of days ago. Will you kind of take the farewell tour? Or were you kind of just tim duncan it? I'm fifty to fifty.
Speaker 3: Will he take the farewell tour?
Speaker 2: Reminder, he's thirty nine years old, so how much longer could he play? I mean, he's still in great shape. But Father Time is undefeated. There's honor in the fight, and he's fighting well. On Timmy, really take a farewell tour Tom Brady, I feel like, uh, now, you know, you see retired unretired, and then we thought he was going to unretire again. So I don't think he really had a quote farewell tour.
Speaker 6: It seems like it's more for the NBA players, right because you kind of know.
Speaker 3: M they'll be too. Baseball does a big time, you know, I always.
Speaker 2: Think of I'm a Yankees fan, Cavino here, always think of Jeter, big Poppy. You see other legends they do their tour in farewell and other franchises present them with gifts and that sort of thing. So I think my question here goes a little something like this hit it.
Speaker 3: Why do we play dumb? People? Assume people are playing people are just dumb.
Speaker 2: People ask questions, and they when they can't answers to those questions, like can you believe what this guy said? Hey, Lebron, do you know how the end of your career is shaped up?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 3: What do we got left in the tank?
Speaker 2: He answers, truth, he says, well, in fact, someone, let's save two years. Max and then someone asked him, you know, Lebron, you're gonna do some big how do you do? Or are you gonna do a Tim Duncan style and just sort of have your last season and not really let it be known. That's a legit question for I don't know other than Michael Jordan, the most popular best basketball player of all time?
Speaker 3: Do you not want Lebron to do a tour?
Speaker 2: So Rich is saying, you asked him a question, he gave you an answer. Now you're gonna criticize him for the answer because you don't like it, or I mean, you asked him the question.
Speaker 3: He was honest.
Speaker 2: There was a red carpet overseas in the last couple of days and I saw this and it goes along the lines of again people playing dumb. You've seen the movie Saltburn or you've heard of it. Yeah, it was terrible, the worst movie I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Cave.
Speaker 2: You know one on a rant that it was the worst thing he's ever seen. Is it's trash. I don't feel my opinion. I don't feel mad giving a spoiler here, but you know why I hated it too, though. Let me explain to Saltburn. Amazon there was such big buzz behind it, and all the ween eeles love this movie.
Speaker 3: Younger people loved it.
Speaker 2: So I felt like, am I getting old because I don't identify with it?
Speaker 3: What are they seeing? That was good? Because I hate it?
Speaker 2: So I felt like a grumpy old guy and I don't want to be that.
Speaker 3: That was a terrible movie.
Speaker 2: Saltburn had shocking moments just to be shocking, right, And there's an ending sequence and again I don't feel bad spoiling this at all. The movie ends with a dude frolicking would be the word. A guy frolicking naked through a mansion naked to the song Murder on the dance floor.
Speaker 3: And it's a.
Speaker 2: Very memorable scene because you're like, what is going on here? This dude's just flamboyantly frolicking through a house naked. It was forced shock value, and someone on the red carpet asked that dude, like, you know, I've been hearing about, uh where their prosthetics used and because there was a lot of weird nudity and they seemed like appalled, like this was art? How could you how can you ask?
Speaker 3: It was the most.
Speaker 2: Over overboard forced shock and someone's offensive by asking about prosthetic junk. Right, if you're dancing around with your man meet out in a very popular movie at that point for someone to ask you about it, it's the movie you're in.
Speaker 3: You did it.
Speaker 2: So again for Lebron to get any criticism, I'm with you, But that doesn't mean you have to like the response. But if someone said, uh, that going to go to your single days? Okay, hey Cavino, when you went to the club, Yo, you're trying to sleep with that Hawk girl.
Speaker 3: You better believe it.
Speaker 2: Bro, Can you believe Covino went to the club to try to sleep with someone who asked me, man, I'm just being honest, So I wasn't advertising, but you asked.
Speaker 3: My point is, do we not want Lebron to have a farewell tour? Oh?
Speaker 2: I know, we naive to think that it's not on the horizon, And if it is, that's the second part of the question. The guys, what twenty one season's in thirty nine years old? We're talking living legend, whether you like him or not, icon Lebron James, what he's done for the game, what he's done for the sport, how long he's been in it, what he's given to it. The guy's given one hundred and ten percent. You know the example he lives and plays by. You mean to tell me, what does Martin McFly say. You're telling me, you're telling me that this this guy doesn't deserve a farewell tour. Give me a break. You asked him the question. He responded, he's fifty to fifty. I'd say if anyone deserves one, it's him. And I'm not necessarily what you would call a Lebron fan. I'm not a hater by any means either, But think about Genie longevity.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 4: Joel? Jeannie loves those farewell tours?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 2: It's for the fans too, though, man fans want to pay their respect. It's not just for Lebron and his ego.
Speaker 4: He deserves Kobe couldn't get one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but all right, ready's let's look at it this way. Bursch Cope, everybody chime in. You don't think that it would mean a lot to the fans to see Lebron one last time? Think about the eras we lived in. Did you get the chance to see Jordan one last time? You weren't thinking that way, right were you were? You thinking that way, You're like, I wish I saw him. Me as a sports fan, I'm like, did I see Jordan? Know, I don't think so, man, but I wish I did. You could think that way about music A lot of times that artist hangs it up, Well.
Speaker 3: Who's birthday in is today? Kurt Cobain's.
Speaker 2: You know how many times I think to myself, Man, I wish I saw Kurt Cobain live. But if you knew, if you knew, this was like the last chance, last time you had an opportunity to see a legend live. Now you want to make a point to go and do it. So just as much as it is to honor Lebron, it's for the fans. So you could say to your grandkids one day when you're feeding the ducks with your nose picking son, grandson, grandkid, whatever that is. Who knows what the kids are like in the future, you could tell them, Hi, Sean Lebron.
Speaker 3: It was his farewell tour.
Speaker 2: But I'll never forget it. It's just as much for the fans as it is for Lebron. I mean, it's true. Other artists and athletes have done it. Why would we not want Lebron. I don't think there's anyone more deserving.
Speaker 8: I think we would all have a greater appreciation for Lebron if he did a farewell tour. Yeah, because the dude is obviously bashed all of the time. Of course, he's an all time great. We all know it, but people love to bash him. I think if he had a final season that everyone knew was his final season, people would appreciate him more.
Speaker 2: Yes, Birsch, I agree. I think it's so many people have done it. It's again, it's a newer thing.
Speaker 3: You're right.
Speaker 2: In the eighties, it wasn't like, hey, you going to see Ryan Sambery for the last time. There was no you know, when I got retired, he just sort of eventually announced, hey, it's over now. If you're a star and you've been in the league, you know a decade or so and you're one of those marquee names when it's time to hang it up. Every time you go to a city for the last time, it is a cool opportunity for the fans to say, do I want to see this person for the last time?
Speaker 4: Do we feel differently about it? Though? If he goes in place for one more team I mean.
Speaker 2: Why would he do that to potentially play with his son somewhere? Otherwise I'm like, oh, I remember when Mike went to Washington. It's like, didn't we already farewell to him? Yeah, that's the weakest move I think at this point. I really think that, especially when there was speculation recently about him playing with Golden State Warriors, and there was some speculation.
Speaker 3: It's a week. That's just the weakest way to go out because if you're.
Speaker 2: If you're not playing at the top of your game, it's always viewed as the latter years when you sucked. You know, any time you end with a different team like that, it's just never you know, if you if you if you end with a team you had been on for a little while, your declining skills are less apparent.
Speaker 3: Unless he goes back to Cleveland or something. I don't think Lebron has declined. He doesn't have declining skills in my opinion. No, no, no, no, But you know, he has to play at a certain level.
Speaker 2: But if he goes back to a team he played on, then I'm more okay with it. Then he won't look like an Emitt Smith on the Cardinals or something that that you don't want to look like avoid legend should avoid that sort of look at all costs.
Speaker 3: You don't want to be to protect.
Speaker 2: That's where we as a society have to protect Lebron, like, hey, no, no, don't do that because it sucks. It's their legacy to tarnish. But you know that if he's playing for some other team and it looks randomly they I mean, he's a good guy and a good as you could say, a good sport about, you know, being the punch on a lot of jokes.
Speaker 3: People love to bust the chops of Lebron.
Speaker 2: But if he does say next year is my last year, you're telling me you wouldn't want to take your kid to see Lebron James one last time.
Speaker 3: I think you would.
Speaker 2: You buy your Lebron foam finger, You make a whole day out of it. You get to say you saw a legend play. I mean, Billy Joel just announced that he's wrapping up his tour, his annual his monthly residence sat Madison Square Garden. If you live in New York, you don't maybe want to go see Billy Joel one more time before he's like done with the garden. You gotta make sure too, because then as a fan you feel duped because there's a lot of people that are like, wait, I thought this was the last time Kiss was playing, and then they keep on playing.
Speaker 4: All the time.
Speaker 3: So if they're done, they gotta be done.
Speaker 4: What you catch, the game winning ball, the touchdown.
Speaker 3: Final pass, retirement, Right, it's fun.
Speaker 2: I feel like there was a show in New York where it was the was it the last play at Shay And they're like, we're gonna do part two, So it was like last Play at Shade part two.
Speaker 4: Nights.
Speaker 3: It was two nights.
Speaker 2: Like shol brings up a good point in sports is even more significant because it's like their last shoe, their last jersey, the last ball they threw. You know, all these things matter. And then you come out of retirement and you're like, psych, all those things are now a race and it doesn't matter, like, if you're done, you gotta be done.
Speaker 3: So again, it's a two part doozy. Part one.
Speaker 2: If you ask the question and the person responds, you can be mad at it just because you didn't like the response. They're just answering the question. Right, Maybe it was a stupid question to begin with. Part two. If Lebron's talking about retirement because someone asked, and he's talking about a farewell tour, yeah, fifty.
Speaker 3: Why do we act to like it wouldn't be special.
Speaker 2: How in the world could you or could anyone speculate that if anyone deserves a farewell retirement tour, it's Lebron James, whether you like him or not, whether you like Birsch said, this is the time where you put all the hatred aside, all the criticism aside, and you applaud strictly his career, the resume, the amount of years, the amount of time and effort, blood, sweat and tears he put into this since he was just a little kid. I do hear a lot of people say that, Oh, come on, Lebron's calculated. He already knows what type of farewell tour he even wants. And then it did get me thinking one thing, because I'm does a part of me that wants to believe Lebron on what he says face value. But he said one thing the other day, so I don't want to talk out of both sides of my mouth, so I will say I don't believe him when he did say I found out when you guys found out about the rumblings with Golden State, Right, you really think Lebron James wasn't even involved in that conversation or didn't get a heads up from anyone. You think Lebron found out about the Golden State rumors when we did.
Speaker 3: No, I don't believe that. But again, so when he says that, I do you believe the other thing?
Speaker 2: We don't deserve that answer. I mean, let him see whatever he wants. And I'm sure if Danny g was here, he'd have something to say about this because he defends Lebron at all costs.
Speaker 3: Let's say, what's up to Kenny in South Dakota? What's up Kenny?
Speaker 7: Hey, guys, I just gotta say, you know, if Lebron comes back for his final farewell tour and his team is in the playoffs, does load management become an issue? And then you're buying your it for game forty two of the season and all the kids are there and he's not gonna play.
Speaker 2: That's you know, it's interesting because load management it is a thing because you know, what they consider a lot of games now if you play like sixty out of eighty two like that, he plays a few important minutes. He's not playing as long. There's other ways to do it. You know, it is interesting because if he does announce a big farewell tour and all of a sudden, it's like, yo, Lebron's yeah. But you ever think Danny g here, You have a think that maybe he doesn't really want to even talk about that. He's in the middle of the season right now, and he wants to talk about the season at hand. You know, it's an awkward question when you're still competing in the moment. He doesn't want to appear like the old guy all the time, like, honest to god, Lebron again, old guy on the court, young guy in life. You think I'd want to be talking about retire I do have friends that talk about retirement. I'm like, dude, what are you seventy years old? Get out of here. I don't want to talk about that. I'm still trying to kill it. I'm still trying to bring it. I'm still trying to be somebody. I'm just saying, that's old guy talking. Whether you're there or not in your career, some people don't want to talk about it.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 2: I sure as hell do not if you like what you do. That's another thing. These guys live the dream. He's living a dream, he's playing in the NBA. You think he really wants.
Speaker 3: To talk about those things.
Speaker 2: No, so you're lucky you got that response from the guy. Well your thoughts at eight seven seven nine nine on Fox. It's just a question of can you get mad at someone? That's just sort of answering the questions you ask. Allah Lebron James, I'll have the saltburn question. I ask my girlfriend if she's cheating on me and she says yes, Yeah, I'll be mad, but you know what I mean, like, what are you gonna do? Sometimes you have sometimes you ask questions then oh no, Well the number is eight seven seven nine nine on Fox. We'll take your feedback next right here on Fox Sports Radio, Hang Tight.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio w.
Speaker 2: App Hey, We're Cavino and Rich Fox Sports Radio every day five to seven pm Eastern.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing. We never have enough time to get to everything we want to get to.
Speaker 2: And that's why we have a brand new podcast called over Promised. You see, we're having so much fun in our two hour show. We never get to everything, honestly, because this guy is over promising things we never have time for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you blobber list name in me. Well you know what it's called over promise. You should be good at it because you've been over promising women for years.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a Cavino and Rich after show, and we want you to be a part of it. We're gonna be talking sports, of course, but we're also gonna talk life and relationships. And if Rich and I are arguing about something or we didn't have enough time, it will continue on our after show called over Promised. Well you don't get enough Covino and Rich, make sure you check out over Promise and also Uncensored by the way, so maybe we'll go at it even.
Speaker 3: A little harder.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be the best after show podcast of all time. There you go, over Promising, and remember you could see it on YouTube, but definitely join us. Listen Over Promised with Cavino and Rich on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. All right, is day two of the Dan Patrick Hat trick, so that means we're here tomorrow too, so get used to it. And on Thursday we're in for Colin Cowherd, but normally Coveno and rich On from two to four on the West. By the way, we were talking about schedules. Kind of a great schedule, man, No complaints here. Hit that East coast. Drive home five o'clock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, five to seven on the East coast. That's where we're from.
Speaker 2: I'm from Union, New Jersey, rich Davids from Franklin Square, Spotty Boy from Scotch Plains, New Jersey. But we're out here in LA with Bursch and Joel and Cope and thank you guys for waking up with us, hanging out with us live from the Mercedes Benz Studios and owning Mercedes Benz ev Isn't you extra extraordinary?
Speaker 3: Is it extraordinary or extraordinary?
Speaker 2: It's extra easy with full remote access to your vehicle from your phone via the Mercedes me connect at the vehicles are all electric, the feelings all Mercedes. The choice is all yours. Learn more at nbusa dot com slash eq. Now do we love to play dumb dude? People are just dumbed or are people just dumb. The point we were making to start the show was a lot of times you're asked questions and then when you answer those questions, people are like, can you believe what this guy said?
Speaker 3: Can you believe? Well, he answered your question. Can you believe?
Speaker 2: But you know what this also ties into something Anthony Brendon said, we'll talk about that later because he was asked a question people really didn't like his response about baseball being a priority in his life. It's it's a lot of times you ask a question and truthfully you don't want the answer, or you're trying to phish an answer out of the person.
Speaker 3: That'll be salacious.
Speaker 2: Because who really want to want Lebron James to have a farewell tour? Take and listen to what Lebron James how to say.
Speaker 5: Seems as I have left, I know it's not that many. I also don't know if I will. I was asked this question a couple of days ago. Will you kind of take the farewell tour? Or were you kind of just tim duncan it? I'm fifty to fifty.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 2: He has the most people around his locker after every game. He is a legend playing the game currently outside of Michael Jordan, you know, the tired debate ever, who greatest of all time? Lebron is easily in everyone's top five, if not the second greatest player ever. Why would you not want to see this guy go on a farewell tour after giving fans twenty plus years of.
Speaker 3: Highlights, again garnering some criticism.
Speaker 2: But he was asked about it, and you know, off the air, we were just using that no matter what he said, this is the other thing.
Speaker 3: No matter what he said, because.
Speaker 2: He's Lebron, people are gonna have an opinion or something to say about it. So if he was like nah, people were like, no, what do you mean you're taking away from the fans.
Speaker 4: You deserve it.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: And he was like absolutely, what an ego maniac?
Speaker 2: The guy's so full of himself, wants a farewell to where you believe this guy get a load of Lebron wants everyone to kiss his ass.
Speaker 3: That's what we would say.
Speaker 2: So, you know, I think he played it perfectly when you think about it. Fifty to fifty, I don't know. And he's taking the temperature. What do you guys want? You decide, you know, and I'm sure he has a plan on it. But again, you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes there. You ask questions and you get a response. Don't be complaining about it. And remember shocked in your personal life too. If your wife or girlfriend ever asks you something stupid, either ignore it or play this game of well you asked? How you mad at me when you ask a stupid question. If she's there and she's resting your chest and she's like, am I the best you've ever been with?
Speaker 3: You have to say yes? You know she asked, But I mean you have to say yes.
Speaker 2: If you say no, I'm saying there's even questions that no matter what you answer it to, you can't answer it right.
Speaker 4: Her follow up is, are you lying? Yeah?
Speaker 3: What if you say fifty to fifty fifty fifty?
Speaker 2: I think you learn something from Lebron's response here and I say fifty yeah, no, I'll be gay.
Speaker 3: It could mean anything. You're like, yeah, you kind of, but it also keeps you on your toe.
Speaker 2: You learn something by this. By a lot of times a question has no real answer, that is gonna just there's no no answer. Hey you going to a bachelor party, Hey you gonna get some strippers. You say yes. Fifty to fifty say yes? Man, what a disrespectful guy you are? You say no? What typ a lame bachel party?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 1: You know what? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm actually gonna use this more often, just to keep people guessing.
Speaker 3: I don't owe you an answer. Get out of here. I don't owe you anything. That's my new answer for everything. Fifty to fifty on fifty to fifty.
Speaker 6: No, let me just make an observation real quick, because I love you guys, and you guys have been together so great and you work so good together.
Speaker 3: Over twenty years.
Speaker 6: Yeah too, As two different managers at the press conference, answering the questions, everybody will come to Rich because Rich will keep them laughing, but give them the same answer. He has the same answer, and then they will give They would love Covino, but Covino will get tired of them dumb questions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a.
Speaker 2: Little angry here. Yeah, I'm a little You know why, because my life's aggregating, it gets worth. He's like, I have a good question here, because everybody aggravates me. It's not me, it's not my disposition, it's the people I'm surrounded by.
Speaker 3: That annoy me.
Speaker 2: David Hill in this season of Curb said he doesn't he likes humanity.
Speaker 3: He just doesn't like individual people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they bring me down, so eventually I'll lose my cool. But I think we learned something here and again, to wrap it up, no matter what lebron said here, he would get criticized. And if anyone deserves farewell tour, and it's not for everyone, There's been lesser, far lesser athletes that I've taken it in where he actually deserves it, whether you like him or not.
Speaker 3: Let's go to New Jersey and say what's up to Mitch? What's up?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 3: You're on Covino rich In for Dan Patrick? What's upuddy?
Speaker 1: That's happening, Guys, think what's up? Think about retirement because you know, and he likes to be like we all like to be like. I think I hope he can play as long as Tom Brady and maybe he can play with one of his son because his youngest son Bryce, and I think he has more talent than Bronni. Bronnie, you know, you can't.
Speaker 3: Get dreaded for his name or Magi walk so they'll be signed. You should play two years Brian games, and then we'll see if Loy's two guys, two sons play with Lebron.
Speaker 5: I hope he can play with both Bryce and Brian.
Speaker 1: What do you think?
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, that's probably part of part of his answer.
Speaker 4: Rich.
Speaker 2: He's probably thinking, I do want to hang on to play with my son, and I'm the only guy right now that think my son can make an impact on this team or any team in the NBA. I mean him talking about his son playing basketball. It's like one of those moms, remember back in the Dawn American Idol. They're like, my daughter could thing that she gets in front of Simon Cowell in the two thousands. Well, his son could play little pitchy play on that little pitchy dog. He's on a mediocre college hoops team and you tell him he's gonna make an impact on the Lakers.
Speaker 3: You know, that's probably why he's probably torn.
Speaker 2: He's probably thinking, yeah, you know, my feet hurt and I should retire, but I do want to stick around.
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 3: My son's not playing that well, look, he's on the fence. Fifty to fifty.
Speaker 2: Great answer, Roll with it moving forward, because not everybody deserves an answer. You could ask whatever you want. That doesn't mean that you need to respond. Now that being said, Rich, I have another question. Okay, And if you want to chime in and leave your thoughts on Lebron does he deserve a farewell tour? You're sick of his wishy washy answers whatever it is? Can you be mad at him? If he was asked a question? Hit us up at Covino and Rich hashtag Covene. That was awesome at Covino and Rich, at Steve Cavino, at Rich Davis. You know what I mean. We are on Dan Patrick. Shout out to all the affiliates, one of the perks and bonuses. Oh and shout out to Marvin, who we hung out with that Oh yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Know, great crew.
Speaker 2: To compare hands with Marvin, big hands, little hand, little hands. I didn't notice that he got little Hamburger hands. Joel, let me tell you a quick story. Talk about little hands. I'm not saying that's any reflection of Marvin, but so spot you happen to be with me. Well, my point is before you talk about Marvin for filling in for Dan Patrick and millions are listening. Yeah, hey, guys, do you mind giving us a follow? And if you like our show, check out the podcast for free Covino and Rich. Is that really asking a lot at Covino and Rich give us a follow Coveno and Rich. Anyway, little hands did not notice. But there was a time, Joel where we all went bowling with a group of people, a few couples, a couple of friends went to a bowling alley after after dinner. Yea, let's go bowling. You go to the desk, yeah, two games, I get. I gotta get shoes, you know you do?
Speaker 3: You hand the.
Speaker 2: Parts behind the counter, spraying them what size shoe you need. So there's like four dudes there and the wives and girlfriends. Ye have a size eleven, Ova, size ten, size ten, Ova, size twelve. One guy takes his shoe off. He goes, I'll have a size six and a half. And I would immediately turn around. I made eye contact but with our buddy Spot like did they do just say six?
Speaker 3: And Joel, he was fixated on his man feet.
Speaker 2: He was a six foot He was a six foot tall guy.
Speaker 3: Was he a school boy? And and Spot I were like, how does he not tip over?
Speaker 2: Like this dude had little like he was a man, dainty feet like your wife or girlfriend would have. He was a six foot guy. Like that is so odd, said size six. This guy must get all the sweetest sneakers because he's the you know, we'll go to a store and you're like, oh, that's a sweet so hoodie, don't have any stride rights. What sweet sneakers? Is he wearing a size six and a half? He gets to do that?
Speaker 3: Does do his sneakers light up like a little school kids?
Speaker 2: He gets to get kids Jordan's he gets some cheaper That's ridiculous. I've never met a grown man with little tiny feet like that. You know a story I thought you were gonna say, because you said Marvin has small hands. We interviewed the Big Show for Sirius XAM at a Super Bowl a few years ago. Big Show, the wrestler, Yeah, and he came up to me and he shook my hand. Is on on radio and he's like, you've got small hands. You got a little Hamburger hands. I'm like, what are you talking about. He's like like that, like that Burger King commercial where the guy has small hands.
Speaker 3: He called comedo.
Speaker 2: So every time we see the Big show, he goes hery Burger king can and I'm like, all right, fine and funny, but you realize this guy's like seven foot tall.
Speaker 3: He's Captain Insano. I mean, who feels big next to this dude? Nobody? But you know you don't want that reputation.
Speaker 2: But it is an honor to feel in for Dan and the Dan adds shout out to Mormon, shout out to Dan. Now I have a question for you guys. You know we're talking about Lebron. You know, now Joel's in my head. Okay, next time I see Marvin, yeah the whole time. I don't if you just looking at his hands, I know, Oh yeah, it's so weird. It's like you ever you ever have like your now you're gonna be fixing. You ever have your wife tell you like a weird detail about one of her girlfriends and the next time you see her.
Speaker 3: Look you're like you can't look at her straight, Like it's like Austin Powers with the mole. You're just fixing. Let's says some gossip or something like can you believe she?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: I don't know, And it's something if it's like weird sexual or something she got her butt done, and then the whole day you're just You're like, I gotta see this bad boy.
Speaker 4: My god.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all your girl, all your wife's friends are calling her right now?
Speaker 3: What is going up? What did you tell him?
Speaker 2: Speaking of the goats, right, we're talking goats and this isn't a goat conversation. That is the most tired, boring, ridiculous conversation there ever was. But speaking of Lebron, I want to talk about the Three Michaels. Do we all know who the three Michaels are?
Speaker 3: I think we do.
Speaker 2: If you're a kid of the eighties nineties like us, I mean, if you're alive with a pulse. Oh, Michael Landon, I mean Michael Lambdon's fantastic. I love Little House on the Prayer. I look the three Michaels.
Speaker 3: I'm not even gonna tell you because you gotta know.
Speaker 2: Of course you know the three Michaels. I want you to think about this on out side. Question Michael bl Bla, not Michael Bubla, No, no, no, don't even tell them.
Speaker 3: If there's a.
Speaker 2: Bonehead out there that doesn't know who I'm talking about, that's on you, Okay, live life is a bone it's implied.
Speaker 3: If you don't know, then I don't want you to listen.
Speaker 4: Or maybe irvingis.
Speaker 2: No, it's not him either. So I'm talking cultural impact. And there's a reason I'm bringing it up. Right When you think of the three Michaels we grew up with, who had the most cultural impact? Think about that because I have the answer, and I also have a question based on that. Okay, and we'll get to that next right here in for Dan Patrick on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 3: Shuffle y'all feat.
Speaker 2: And pay a fair got your comment to Double Dutch A fair fee five Fox fum.
Speaker 3: All right, all right here and Rich on the Double Dutch bums. I'll tell you what Jolvin though we know Frankie Smith, Oh, I love this?
Speaker 2: So are you kidding me? Makes me want to do the worm. I think I'm gonna do the robot right now?
Speaker 3: You know? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is that a Is that a lost art?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 3: What the meaning?
Speaker 2: I had so many hilarious times on the school bus on sports trips in school, think of all the nonsense, and hey, dude, I hate to break it to you, not everyone is daddy stacks like you. There's a lot of people that still take the bus. And if you're on the bus listening on the iHeart Radio app, I'm a man of the people.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 2: I think you're gonna say, if you're on the bus listening to the iHeart Radio app, work harder.
Speaker 3: No, No, I'm a man of the people.
Speaker 2: Oh, Steve Cavino, And there he is, mister pretentious.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, mister pretentious pants rich days.
Speaker 2: No, when I was a kid, I feel like there were so many fun memories of just you know, horsing around and dumb crap on the bus. Nowadays you pass every school. Every kid's got their personal chauffeur to drop kid drop off. That was not a thing when I was a little kill You're right about the kid drop off one like you walk to school, you took the bus. Those are some of the options. Now it's like every kid gets do you know how our parents would probably if our parents did drop us off to school, they'd drop you off like a block away and you'd walk the rest because it was the pain in the essay, Yeah, because it was traffic or whatever. My daughter my pain in the ass. I'm sorry my kid Melody insists that I drop her like, I'm like, get out and go, and she's like no, Like she'll sit in the car at the very last minute and have me drop her off right in front of the gate instead of just getting out.
Speaker 3: Get out.
Speaker 7: Walk.
Speaker 3: They don't even want to walk in their pajama pants.
Speaker 2: Hey, if I wear pajama pants and crocs like kids today, I'd be embarrassed to walk anywhere too. Again, Covino and rich In for the great Dan Patrick. Always a pleasure. We ask you to check out our podcast, follow for free and check us out live Monday through Friday two to four. But we're live from the Mercedes Benz studio. The utterly inspired all electric EQI sedan from Mercedes Benz with hundreds of customizable comfort settings inside the cabin. It's the EV that recharges you. The vehicle is all electric, the feeling is all Mercedes. Learn more at nbusa dot com slash EQE soybe. If you drive that Mercedes, your kid won't want to get out of the car. Yeah, exactly, I mean she don't want to get out.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I know your dad's playing some killer jams right now, but you gotta go not your personal chow fur. So. I don't think the bus is out of style. People still take the bus, but I do love that song. Joel's on the ones and twos bushes on the phones at eight seven seven ninety nine, Oh Fox spots on the videos at Covino and rich Now, I mentioned the three Michaels. Come on, take it back on the Taco Tuesday. You know who I'm talking about. Michael Bolton, No that no talent asked, clown. No, all right, we're talking Michael Jordan, of course, Michael Jackson Lie Now and Mike Dythan Michael, no one called me Michael, Mike Dythan Iron Mike. So those are the three most impactful Mikes. And by the way, growing up in eighties nineties, kid, there was not a chance in the world you didn't have like a Mike or two in your class. Dude, I saw a TikTok club. I saw a TikTok club of some mom.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Talking about how all the names that we think were like the Hawk girls are the cool guys like Jessica Stephanie, Jennifer. Guys were like Michael, John, Anthony. Those are old people names now. Oh yeah, Steve, like my name today might as well be Ebenezer. My name sounds like an old guy's name. And I have a younger girlfriend. Her name's Jordan, so it's like it's basically Jordan and and Sam. You know, Sam's a young guy name again. All right, George, you know I might as well be Jebediah Steve. Anyway, I noticed this when I when I coach girl's T ball. Now, all the girls names on my team seem like Sam is a young boy's name or a girl's name. No, Sam is a top three popular baby boy's name.
Speaker 3: It's back. I didn't know Sam was bad. Yeah, absolutely, all right.
Speaker 2: Well anyway, talking Michaels here, all right, which, again, like Rich said, is like an old guy named now. But when you think about it, those were three hugely, bigly impactful Michaels and people in our life. No offense to Barbara's, by the way, but I someone said the other day, well, do you think anyone will ever name a girl Barbara?
Speaker 4: Again?
Speaker 2: You know, everything comes back, Rich, Yes, everything goes in cycles, but that name sticks out to me like, I can't imagine someone anytime soon being like, what did.
Speaker 3: You name her?
Speaker 2: Well, it's our daughter Barbara. Everything comes back, I think, So, I mean, give me a break. Kids today are dressed in the same exact way we dressed in the nineties. Everything comes back.
Speaker 3: So think of the.
Speaker 2: Three Michaels and I pose a question, is there a clear answer, a clear answer onto who had the most cultural impact? And there's a side question to this now or point I'm gonna make now when you say who had the most cultural impact in the short term or the long term, there might be different answers because when you're talking about Mike Tyson, Michael Jordan, and Michael Jackson, those are three of them. Michael Field, Michael Jordan is no longer just a man. He's not just a man, He's a brand. You are rocking a pair of his sneakers once a week at least. You people have apparel, other players and other sports have his emblem on their jersey. I mean even superstars today when they talk about meeting Michael Jordan or like they felt like it's not real, like he was floating or something. They put him on such a crazy pedestal. Think of pay per view fights and what Mike Tyson brought to the fight game After Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson was the most unbeatable must see TV for.
Speaker 3: And don't forget my video game and Mike Tyson punch Out. He is a cultural icon.
Speaker 2: Don't forget my read company. Now, don't forget how he's the most intriguing man in the world and we still talk about him all the time, and we compare everybody to him. Hey do you think Tyson Fury, who's named after him, You think you could beat Mike Tyson. Hey do you think Deontay Wilder you think he'd beat Mike Tyson. Hey you think Mike Tyson would beat Muhammad Ali? Yeah, everybody talks about Mike Tyson.
Speaker 3: So put these three in order.
Speaker 2: Mike Tyson, Michael Jordan, Michael Jackson, who has the most long lasting impact of the Michaels of our childhood.
Speaker 3: We'll take your feedback next. Can you do on ritch in for the great Dan Patrick