Speaker 1: Checked this out to she Boy Warren G. And I'm live on Bootleg kV podcast. You better ask somebody if you don't know, now you know, check.
Speaker 2: Yo, Bootlet cap Show, Bootlet Cab Podcast. Man special guests in here a legend, Warren G. Man's good to see you, man. Yeah, I feel like we've been talking about doing this for a very long time. Yeah, Yeah, it's good to have you here, man. Man, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 2: You got this new song with Zoh shout Out Too, who I think is kind of like one of the leaders of like LA period but of course the new generation of LA.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, how did you guys end up linking up?
Speaker 1: I mean I had I liked his music, of course, and you know, I was like, I want to do something. I want to do a record with him. So I tapped in with Cammy and uh, Cammy reached out to him. We exchanged numbers. I hit him and said let's work and he was like, let's do Yeah, came up to the studio and we just immediately started recording.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then like for like, I've been in the studio with O. He's pretty quick with the way he is, the way he kind of I feel like the newer generation of artists for some reason, they're just because I'll be like, we have recording studios here, and I just noticed like the younger guys like there, they like they'll put the ideas out and then work on like refining it later.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, yeah, that's exactly what happened with the song, right.
Speaker 2: Because I'm assuming you're you got the you're writing everything down, Oh.
Speaker 1: Yes, and yes, indeed, yeah, I mean it don't take me that long, you know what I'm saying. I'm used to I'm used to moving like like how how you know a lot of the younger artists move. Actually we was well, Tupac was super moving like that that he would write a song like thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, I think that's that's why we got so much. Yeah, remember all the bootleg mcaveelly's after he passed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, moved around in the streets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's crazy shouts of park Man.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 2: You know what some I always wondered, man, is when I was a kid, you were like the only it was you and then jail felony later on, But the only West Coast guys who were on death Jam Domino two, Domino two Yeah, that's right, and Monte Jordan shouting yeah Montel Jordan, did you're right?
Speaker 1: Ship? Yes?
Speaker 2: Indeed tell me like because at the time I'm assuming there was an opportunity for you to be on death Road.
Speaker 1: Well not well, Na, what it wasn't no opportunity. They wasn't.
Speaker 2: They didn't. They never offered you anything officially.
Speaker 1: Never offered me nothing officially. But it was I wasn't tripping. I just moved on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how did death Jam thin end up happening? And then like when, like, did Sug feel some type of way that you didn't come to him or that you ended up signing with with death Jam? Uh, because you had it. You were around those guys so much.
Speaker 1: I've known him all my life. He probably was a little salty, you know, because he probably didn't didn't expect me to turn out how it turned out, you know, but I was. I was a diamond in the rough and he just he just didn't see that, you know. But it was all good. I moved on. But the way I got signed with def Jam was actually still going over to the studio with Drake, Snoop and Sug. Everybody was there. It was working on a record for the for a soundtrack, which was Poetic Justice. So I met Paul Stewart and John Singleton. I met them for the first time right there. It was in the studio, and I asked him, I said, can I play a record? I know you guys looking for records for the soundtrack. Can I Can I play a song for you? So we walked to the car. Uh popped in the cassette and it was in those smoke and I let it go for maybe like fifteen seconds. He uh. He was like stop and he said can I take the tape with me? And I was like yeah, So he took the tape. He took the tape and a few days later I got the call. They was like, we want this to be the first single to the Poetic Justice soundtrack. And I was like, are you serious? They was like yeah, and I was like, oh shit. So that like blew that was like my first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that production yeah. I was like, I was like the like not the guy was just around in the studio sessions. Right.
Speaker 1: That was my first introduction into you know, becoming becoming a household name. So we did indose smoke It blew up and went gold, sure.
Speaker 2: Platinum, Classic, classic classic soundtrack.
Speaker 1: And now it's beyond platinum for sure. And uh so a lot of a lot of labels was calling Paul and John them, you know, calling and you know, wondering, you know who the guys was on Window Smoke. Paul had a deeper relationship with Death Jim So because he was working right, Yeah, so he was, uh they they called in and you know, he more he was tight, more tighter with them than any of the other labels. So that's when he came over, like brought them and we had a conversation on the phone.
Speaker 2: Was it like Russell Simmons that you were dealing with?
Speaker 1: Was uh uh Chris lighty Le or Cohen and Tracy Wapples.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I linked that with Russell later, like when I came to New York, hung out with him, him, a bunch of the ol g's like Andre Real, all those guys, a bunch of them guys was around. I was just like, damn, there's the o G. So that that had happened later on, and so we had a conversation and they was just like, you know, we want to we want to sign the guy on the Indoor Smoke song. We want to sign him to death jam.
Speaker 2: So I was like at the time, they like, do they know like your ties, like your your family ties with snooping the movement, They didn't even know.
Speaker 1: But the crazy thing about it was, you know, I was looking at it like, okay, I'm a producer. They hidden to get mister Green because mister Grimm was dealt for sure and uh still though, and so they was like, well, we want the guy that did that does like the little chance a little singing and you know, and I said, who, like whoa hey now that They was like, yeah that guy. So I said, ship that's me and uh uh. I was like, oh my god. I was like, y'all want to sign me? I was like shit, I mean I do rap I produce all of that. So they flew out, came out, we had dinner, had a really good conversation. They got the paperwork to me, I got it to the lawyer and boom, that's where it all started.
Speaker 2: So how long? Because you know, I feel like nowadays like artists will sign and like they'll already have like thirty songs ready to go because they've been working independently for you, Like, what was the process, Like, give me the time frame? You sign and then regulate jee hunk Era comes out.
Speaker 1: What is the the first thing I got signed? The first thing I did? Oh okay, okay, yeah. The first thing that happened in the process was as far as me, the way I was thinking was go buy your own studio equipment. So that was my thing when you were ahead of the curve. Bro Oh. Yeah. I went and bought my whole studio, set it all up in the house, and just started recording. I had other records that I uh, it was not a that, but it was the other little video one before that I forgot the So I bought the whole the whole.
Speaker 2: Studio with your advance. So yeah, so you get your advance and then you invested in the studio equipment.
Speaker 1: Yep, instead of instead of going into the studio, I invested in my own studio, my own equipment, got me an apartment and put everything inside the apartment. In the bathroom was my vocal booth.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and it was it was it was uh and I and after that, I just went straight to digging for samples because I'm a producer as well, So I just started digging for music first music first, and then you know, once I started playing all the music, then I'll see find what idea works, you know, what to give me the idea to write to and say, well that's the one I want to go home and another. You know. That's just like when I when I I hadn't had Regulate yet, before I was signed with them, I didn't have none of that stuff. So one day in your apartment Regulah, Yeah, I did it right in my apartment, right in my apartment. The cold thing about that, the crazy thing about that is I was I went by Roscals on my way getting ready to go home, and bump teds with a guy selling shit right in front of Roscos. He had which is the one right here right on what is it, Holly the Gower, the one on gallery right there by the Dennis. So it was a dude selling crate records out of a crate there. So I told the dude, let me buy the whole crate, because he was selling the records for like a dollar or two. So I said, let me get the whole crank. I think I gave him like about five hundred dollars like there you go, and took the crate home and immediately started digging, you know. That was my weekends, like just to dig and and find dope samples or dope. I did, of course, And so I'm going through the records and I came across the uh uh I keep forgetting Michael Michael McDonald and the Doobie Brothers, and I heard it. I was like, boom boom, boom boom. I was like, oh my god, that shit is dope, and it brought me back because my parents used to bang it, you know, So that's where I heard it first. So I was like, damn, if I do a song to this, this ship might you know, be something something special. So I sampled it, put it all together, and I had to be done with every everything was done. So I was like, damn, I need to get somebody on here with me. So I was like, I'm gonna get at Nate so we could do a record like how Snoop and Dray did g thing. I said, me and Nate gonna do one like that.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, because at this point in time, Nate Dog isn't on Doggie style. No, he's not a household He's I mean, I first first time I ever heard Nate Dog was on Regulator.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so oh he and those smoke yeah, and those smoke you're right, yeah, yeah, And there was a trip because I had I told him I wanted to do the record with him, but I had to get an intro, which we always did, like when we was working on the Chronic we would do like intros and.
Speaker 2: Skits too, oh yeah the best.
Speaker 1: So what I did was I did I was trying to find an intro, an introduction, you know, and to lead in to me starting the song. So that's when I, you know, I regulate came to mind, and regulate was like that was our word, like we need to regulate, we need to regulate this. Let's regulate that. So I was like, regulate, you know. So just I just watching, you know, I'm just watching my v c R tapes one day, just sitting there chilling, and I watched Young Guns and I'm watching it and in the Park came in where the dude walked, Well when when Billy the Kid first walked into the boys, Billy Billy dude.
Speaker 2: I don't remember my parents liked that movie when I was a kid, I don't.
Speaker 1: I was that was man, that was my ship. Yeah. So when he said we worked, we worked, for mister Tinsdale as regulators, you know. And then he started talking and some such and such and such, and then he said, we regulated any still in this property, and we're damn good too. So I chopped that in different pieces and I started it out regulators, we regulated any still, the regulators. You can't be any regularly. Yeah the street, he still was, probably, but you can't get any geek off the street. Gotta be handed with still. And then that was how the whole intro started out.
Speaker 2: Was the regular leators? Was that was that in the movie?
Speaker 1: Yes? Indeed, okay, but they go regulators and then they mount up. Do you like regulators?
Speaker 2: Do you remember? This is a random just tangent on the side. I want you to continue the story. But do you remember the defensive lineman from the Vikings. I remember on ESPN they had a biked up randall and right before yeah that motherfuck yeah as soon as the boss that ship was crazy. Anyway, continue with the story.
Speaker 1: That was the Championship game wild Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, but the story, So, so you sample the movie, you sample off your VCR.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh so I had it all put together and I told Nate Man, let's let's let's do a record together, you know. And and I did. I put that regulators on their regulator lon up. I put that in the intro. Yeah, And so when when they came over, I let him hear it. He was like, damn, that shit banging. So we're sitting there nodding, and I just, I just I said, I'm a freestyle thiss motherfucker. So I just came in. It was a clear black night, a clear white moon warming, and he was on the streets trying to consume some skirts for the eve so I could get some phone free in my rid chilling all alone, I swear a guy that was a freestyle wow that first verse.
Speaker 2: And then Nate just comes in, yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just hit the east side of the LBC on the mission, trying to find mister Warren g. But when I say trying to get some phones, yeah, people really don't know what I meant a lot of people don't know what I meant by that. But it was headphones, okay, like trying to get trying to get some phones, yeah, trying to get some.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you clarified that, because kid, I never I didn't know if you were saying funk phones. I didn't know what was happening.
Speaker 1: It was phones, Yeah, trying to get some phones, because that's what we used to call it. He getting ready to get him some phone. I like that, okay, but it was we called it headphones. Uh I get it now? And yes, indeed and uh so we after that, after he did his part, just hit the east side of the LBC on the Mischi trying to find mister Warmer. Gee. I just I had after that, so I went off of what he was saying. So that then I started writing.
Speaker 2: So I'm like a true back and forth.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, yeah their apartment. First verse was free in apartment, so crazy. Yeah, my engineer, Greg was sitting right there. I had engineered. He sat right in there with me.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. A random like, did you invoice the label for the studio time?
Speaker 1: I didn't even invoice. I should have shit because they had you know, they had a studio. Yeah yeah, but I got all the original recordings on that.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. Hey, that that's crazy. So you guys finished this song? Do you have any idea because this is one of the most iconic hip hop songs of all time. I mean, it has been said that you kind of helped save def jam during that time. Yeah, did you guys have an idea that like this is the single, this song is this is the one? Or like like.
Speaker 1: No, we didn't know. But what I used to do, just like I did for End. I mean, yeah, indo smoke. Every time I got around my friends or family, I would play play record. So one day I went up to record one with Dre and him and Mike Linn was there. So I asked Mike. I was like, look, man, come listen to this record. I just did I want you to hear this shit. It's with me and Nate. So we jumped in the car. I played it and he heard. He was like, damn, that motherfucker banging. So he was like, can I take the CD? Because that I was on CDs. Then now I'm like, hey, I then went from cassette tapes to CDs. I didn't bossed up a little bit. So I gave him the CD and he was like, can I let Jimmy hear this? And I was like hell yeah, so he let Jimmy here. Once again, I got the call, we want this to be the first single on Above the Rim soundtrack, so I was like, are you serious?
Speaker 2: Another one? Yeah?
Speaker 1: So he was like, yeah, so another Tupac movie. Yeah, another one, another one, another one, and so they wrestling, you know, def jammer. They did the deal, and we got the deal done, and Regularly was the first single. And the cold thing about it, which probably calls the friction between Sugar and Russell and Leor, was that after you know, I mean, which it shouldn't have been. He shouldn't have really been tripping that hard, but he was probably like these motherfucking slick ass motherfuckers. What we did is we repackaged Regulator all over again and made it seem like it was just it was my single on.
Speaker 2: Your album because the Rim soundtrack was a death Row album.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a death Row album. So we took Regulate and repackaged it and did everything all over and released it as a grange single, right, And then that made my album self fo a million records crazy and I was like damn. And then I dropped this DJ on top of it, and then.
Speaker 2: This j was amazing. I mean, it was a classic album. So like, because at that time, man, death Jam wasn't a weird place, and it's kind of crazy to think that like a kid from Long Beach. Yeah, kind of saved the most iconic hip hop label of all time at least, you know, helped push it through a tough time. Like were you like aware of that at the time, that like you were like the ship on the label, like you were the one kind of keeping the lights on at that moment.
Speaker 1: At first, I wasn't, but you know, once I learned what I did, and it was, I wasn't. But I wasn't a cocky guy. I wasn't ever like trying to think thinking I'm bigger than everybody that was over there, like LLL that's my dad, was my of course I'm a huge ll fan. I was the greatest and he Yeah, I never would try to boss up or anything on him like that, of course. And he showed me a lot of love when I first got there, you know how people were saying the East Coast West Coast beef. Of course Ell came and scooped me up, took me to Queens, took me shopping, showed me everything like pretty much grooming me on how this shit go, you know, took me to where he wrote his songs at in the basement. I even seen the green Suzuki Samurai that was in Teena got a big.
Speaker 2: Old but oh that's crazy.
Speaker 1: I was. I couldn't.
Speaker 2: I was like, you know the fact that Suzuki Samurai was a hot car back in the day. Yeah, that ship is crazy to me. Yea, you see what you're like, Damn sh it was ugly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: That shit's crazy.
Speaker 1: Man. Yo.
Speaker 2: So you're obviously man, I feel like, uh, when when you're coming out, what you're doing sonically is much different than what I would say, Like the quote unquote death Row sound was obviously you're on the chronic, like you're part of that, you're a part of that legacy. But the g funk sound was so different and very very very distinct for you, Like when did you decide to call what you were doing g funk?
Speaker 1: Well, I was introduced pretty much, uh Laylawn from Above Love Above the Law. They that was g funk.
Speaker 2: So that was okay. So they were the first to do the.
Speaker 1: G funk Yeah okay, yes, So they took me under their wing as a pup, didn't have no place to stay, none of that. Took me in as a pup, and I became part of g funk with them, and then just I always just kept saying g funk you know, musically, because that's what it was when when I was with Layla and Above Above the Law in seven now and so you know, after you know, they kind of like it wasn't like popping no more and stuff like that. I carried it, carried on with it, you know what I mean, Not to say that they was like gone or whatever, but yeah, well I said, regulate the G funk here, which means I met that as far as like let me bring this ship back, you know, and and let motherfuckers know this's g funk. So but the sound that you hear, and that's my version of g funk, you know, it's different, uh sounds along with it. That's but that that was the avert the genre of G funk I created, which was chords, strings, we brings, melodies, you know, G funk were rhythm is life and life is rhythm and that that that was That was my how I did. And then I took it worldwide to where the whole world like no G funk, you know what I mean? And you know, and and and I created my own genre of G funk with with but it's still a part of all of all of the what I was raised in.
Speaker 2: You being like a superstar at the time, I mean, one of the hottest drivers of the planet at the time being from l A. But somehow avoiding any like crazy drama dur in that era when everybody was beefing and everybody was on some bang bank shoot them up shit. I feel like you were just like the cool dude, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: How did you stay out the way like that, because obviously you're close with everybody who's involved.
Speaker 1: Like I mean, just you know, just just standing out the way, just minding my own business, but you know, things was coming my way. I just, you know, wasn't gonna sit there and just let anybody try to do anything or come at me any kind of way. I'm with whatever they whoever was had a problem, I'm with it too, you know. So they and they know that. So that's probably why a lot of it, you know, didn't didn't. A lot of stuff didn't go down because I'm with the ship too, you know. If that's how I want to get down, that's.
Speaker 2: How if the circus comes to your dor, you're there, but you're not gonna willingly participate.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna jump and jumping nothing, but you know, I mean I had to deal with a lot, you know. I had to deal with with death jam and sugar and beef, and I had to deal with when Dre left uh death Row and I didn't even know, you know. I wish you would have told me, get the heads up. And I mean I had to deal with a bunch of bunch of stuff, you know, but I wasn't having it.
Speaker 2: Was there was all that stuff you were dealing with, and all that kind of was what was the reason why it took so long for I wanted all to come out? It was like a five year ye right.
Speaker 1: Well, no, I wasn't that long before. That wasn't that long because what what happened was that's when the merger was happening, big old mergers.
Speaker 2: Because I wanted all did I wanted all my shot the shareff.
Speaker 1: I shot to Share. That was my second album, Take a Look Over your Shoulder.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking that's what that's the album I'm thinking of. Yes, I had, I had I had a Remember back in the day, we used to go to the warehouse and just buy singles because we can't afford the album.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed. Yeah, yeah, I worked that warehouse, I know.
Speaker 2: So I had I had the I shot the Sheriff single. Yeah, so that was your second out. That's right. That's right. So for you, like take me back then, because at the time you, uh, you're putting your music out, Snoop is dealing with this trial. What was it like being so close to that situation and still having to like stay focused on your own ship with like the uncertainty of like kind of the guy who kicked it all down for everybody, you know, like possibly going away forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I believe it or not. I got pulled in. I got pulled in on the case.
Speaker 2: So so like like as a witness.
Speaker 1: Nah, I got I got uh interrogated. Oh so they were Yeah, they interrogated me.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know somehow I got put in it.
Speaker 2: I mean you were around, right, So they're like.
Speaker 1: I don't, I don't know, I don't that's crazy, I don't know nothing.
Speaker 2: How stressful is that?
Speaker 1: I mean it was very stressful just to see your best friend going through possibly ending up going to jail for a long time. It was real stressful. And I was there I was there. I wasn't there, uh physically, but I was there for him, uh, you know, calling him and talking to him. You know. Actually when it was going on, I actually went up to the courthouse and you know, it kind of got ugly up there. They was trying to they were trying to trip on me. Yeah, trying to trip on me up there, like the death row. Yeah. So you know, it was like, oh, so this is what it is, y'all tripping like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay. So that's when I was like, all right, fuck this shit, I'm gone. But I still was with my homeboy, what you know, And I was like, it is what it is, you know.
Speaker 2: I'm and the whole and the whole issue with that was it over regulators or was over you just not uh like I guess going to death jam.
Speaker 1: Sheu probably was a little pissed that that that they signed me. Yeah, you know, but he could have had me.
Speaker 2: Signed, right he I'm sure he could have been ninety two.
Speaker 1: You could have had me signed. But it can't be mad, you know. And then it may be some other ship that went on went on that I never knew about, between Rustling Lee or you know, and uh, and should so I don't know. I didn't even waste my time thinking about that ship.
Speaker 2: I saw a few years ago. I saw something you were talking about. I think you said regulator made or at least you had made like one hundred million dollars for Death Jam or something like that. Yeah, which is a people don't understand. Like back in the day, actual money was spent on CDs. These days, the streaming rates are just so it's like it's it's crazy, it's terrible, but yeah, that's an insane amount of money. But that was also like the era of like not the greatest record deals.
Speaker 1: We'll say, yeah, yeah, but I had a pretty you know, a pretty mind was.
Speaker 2: Okay for the time, it was okay reading Readingtotia.
Speaker 1: We renegotiated, but because it went to what they call the superstar status, so when that happens, you got to renegotiate. But I started out only making like a penny, AND's just a penny like off each album, Yeah, like a penny, like real, Oh my god. It was low.
Speaker 2: So they had like you probably got a cool advance, but then your royalty on your album was nothing.
Speaker 1: Like like not even you know it was it was it was I mean, I mean the royalty checks that came in was was ready some nice checks.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you're publishing How to Be Crazy at that time too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was ever every movie. Yeah, but I should have gotten more than than what I've got. And and I you know, that's that's even like today, you know, I'm like I would would think that they would, you know, talk to UMG Death Jam talk to UMG and say, look, this dude did a lot for us. He saved us, he got us out to out the and we need to reward him. Let's reward him back, honor them, and give him his Masters. You know, Let's not make him wait another four years. Let's give it to him right now. You know why juice me for the rest of the Yeah, thirty years. Yeah, you know, gon and shoot it, you know, shoot it, shoot that.
Speaker 2: So they own the they owned the Masters for thirty years. Yeah, And and is that up yet? Is it almost up?
Speaker 1: Well? They saying thirty five.
Speaker 2: So so nineteen ninety four, is that was thirty years ago?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Thirty years? Fuck shit is a trip, maint So.
Speaker 2: You got five more years before they're gonna, yeah, give you your mask. Ain't that's some SMI that's some black ass ship right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's it's you know, I even who's in charge of death? But I was even, I was even like, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: So a thirty five year term.
Speaker 1: Yess, that's what they're saying, you know.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, that's a life, that's a life.
Speaker 1: I'm like, why just just just give it to me?
Speaker 2: Have you had those conversations with him?
Speaker 1: I reached out to him, shit me, Snoop and Russell even tried to figure it out, tried to Wressell tried to talk to the council and try to get it, make it happen. They was like no, it's like m hm damn. That's just like a slap in the face. They got you uck what you did, and and they use your likely like, dude, you were in you were in fucking depth jan in Vendetta. Yeah, like they used.
Speaker 2: Your likeliness as like a but yeah, like and that was like that was years later. That's frank, well, An, did you get any money off of depth being in depth in Vendetta?
Speaker 1: All we got was like in it, uh, like we got a check for doing.
Speaker 2: The first check. It was like, hey, look we're gonna give you this check, you're gonna be in the game and that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if it was royalties in there, I never got notified about it.
Speaker 2: Was that pretty cool being in that video game?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, that was cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that sh it was cool.
Speaker 1: I mean right now, it's it's people come up to me all the time like you was one of the hardest motherfuckers the game in the Yeah, in the game, and I was like, damn, okay, and I'm glad they did that. But somebody should create I might even try to do it myself, create a new one.
Speaker 2: I've heard them talk about it, or at least I've seen that. There's been like rumors.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't mind investing with somebody in.
Speaker 2: That, yeah, or just doing like a like a hip hop It doesn't have to be one label, like it could be like you could just be like a dope fight. I just think that should be. Like imagine if you could open up a game and you could select Hendrick and then someone else will select Drake y'all scrap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And the thing is is this okay, chop it up, just chop it up there and give everybody a piece, Like to say, if you five maybe eight guys chop that ship up.
Speaker 2: Well, then they can do like the DLC. You could download new rappers. You know, they get get paid off of that.
Speaker 1: For sure, for sure it'll go crazy.
Speaker 2: It'll go crazy. Now that'd be hard.
Speaker 1: Man, Just have me and the motherfucker. If y'all do it, you put me back in it again. I'm with it, yo.
Speaker 2: It took you guys so long to do the two on three project. I'm why is it not on any DSPs? Because I have to. I always have to listen to so Fly off of some shitty YouTube link.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it went the T and T went bankrupt and from there I never knew what happened to uh, the whole album. But I got a friend who knows where the album is. So it's just me and Snoop and Nate's state just going to get the masters.
Speaker 2: And I mean you also could just buy the album off of eBay and then rip it and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we get the masters. I know a guy who knows who has the masters, but they can't. You can't do nothing with it, you know, can't do nothing with it without talking to us. Yeah, so we let's talk with Snoop. Actually we go get We're gonna we should go get that. We're gonna go get it and then we're gonna re release it on the d I got it. I got another album. I got an album. I'm a lease on the DSPs again. That's that's that. That's a really really dope album. It's called g Files. That motherfucker has got some dope ship on it. I still got everything. It's just it never got put out. Is there?
Speaker 2: Isn't there another one of your albums just missing.
Speaker 1: In the midnight hour in the midnight but it's it's once again. It's a company, uh called Peppermint. That's that just put it out And I don't own the masters to that. And I'm like, wait a minute.
Speaker 2: It was a very very very slept on album too.
Speaker 1: Another dope record, super dope, super dope Reduction was.
Speaker 2: I think some people might say that might be your second best album.
Speaker 1: It is, it is, it is yeah, And and it came later to like damn Warrant.
Speaker 2: Remember when that she came out, because you were what record? Did you work to radio? Because I just started in radio around that time. But I remember I remember having like the promo items and ship, but I remember you had a song off of that album that you guys actually worked.
Speaker 1: No one get you down, let no one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, body, you gotta get all you gotta get all the stuff up online. Man. Yeah, that's two or three albums from God. I'm working on.
Speaker 1: It, man, I'm working on it. Yeah. But that that was a trip man. And then I got a lot of unreleased music that I'm gonna start putting up, just building a whole newer catalog for sure. Yes.
Speaker 2: And is there still uh any music that is out or that isn't out that's on hard DriveH from Nate Dogg.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I got I got some records that that that we actually Me and Nate was doing a whole album. So I still got the records that we was doing. Some records got leaked.
Speaker 2: And at least though matter, I feel like real fans pay attentionally. There's some of these ads.
Speaker 1: But I still I'm still gonna put those records that we did have. I'm gonna still put those on it too. So I may do like a just some Nate dog and war G e P.
Speaker 2: And I think you should finish it, you know, maybe put his son on something. Yeah, his son is col and his son man, his son got that tone when he does the singing. Yeah, yeah, just like he just did something ship with Roddy Rax and I was like that sounds like Nake dogg like tell you Yeah. So so there is a hopefully we'll get a little Nate Dog Warren GP in the future.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed, he knows. He knows what's up.
Speaker 2: It's Snoop on there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Are you have you have you heard or been involved at all with any of this Snoop Dre album? That's that that they just did a listening session yesterday.
Speaker 1: No, I've never Uh. I didn't get no calls or nothing. I would have loved to have been a part of it or just contributed something to it. But you know that's I guess that's what was him and Dre's idea. But Ship, I'm gonna do Man Snoop one Ship, We're gonna do one him did one? Man Snoop gonna do one because ain't nobody.
Speaker 2: Got down you produce the whole thing. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got a record with him on my EP, him and Corrupt called we call ourselves the doublemin Gang. I like that. Yeah, it's hard.
Speaker 2: I like the I mean, you know, if you guys remember the music video, you guys are morphing in the dogs and ship. Oh yeah, what what did you learn being a kid around? Because you're an amazing producer. I don't think like people understand, like you even did a song recently that was big. Was the Neo g Z record you produced that? Yes, indeed, But what did you learn being around Dre and like peak Death Road days? Just as from the production.
Speaker 1: Side, just just learned learn how to out of uh pretty much like watching him how he EQ and and use effects and stuff like that, and and also work with live live instrumentation, live musicians, so that kind of I learned that from him, and also out of splice tape. He showed me. He taught me how to splice tape.
Speaker 2: Because you like cut music.
Speaker 1: That's what it is, splice. That's what the Splice name came from. From splicing, splicing tape and just just being there, being just being there when when we was all working, just watching him how he get down and you know, from doing the things that I learned and adding to what he was doing, you know, And I mean he's incredible dude, man, just really dope and his ears just and out of this world, you know, and he got this little thing he did. I don't want to show. I ain't gonna show a secret, but it's let me quit.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna shows like the most this one.
Speaker 1: Thing where he when he listened to a record, he do this little thing. I'm like, oh, that's pretty dope. That's fire and uh just just you know, just being around him is dope.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Did you have any idea the gravity of being a part of the chronic when you guys were recording it, like you know, that's one of the ones on the mantle, Like.
Speaker 1: We was just we just wanted to help dre uh so.
Speaker 2: Much on the line at the time, Dre n w a is over.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, he said he was at a low point in his life. Yeah, you know, and I brought Snoop. I brought Snoop, brought Nate, brought Dash.
Speaker 2: The trajectory of hip hop forever by doing that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Snoop brought rb X, We brought nay Dog in so far. Yeah, yes, indeed, we we just wanted to see him win, you know, and.
Speaker 2: He yeah, because at the time, like there's there's this he left ruthless and death row yet.
Speaker 1: Nah, and we looked at it. If he win we're gonna win because you know, he gonna look out for us, you know.
Speaker 2: So that's the deep the deep cover success was cool. Oh maybe we got something here with these two. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We immediately started working and that's when Corrupt came in. Like right after that. We met Corrupt at the Roxy. Him and Snoop battled each other at the talent show and they was busting. It was back and forth and we couldn't even say, well, you want want you one, and so it got broke up. But I wouldn't let Corrup get away. I was like, look, give me your number. So I got his number and I called him probably about a week later, told him come up to the studio, up to Dre House because Drake Drake took us in and told us we don't want I don't want y'all in the hood, y'all come live with you know. So but we were still out in the field just going to ship like the talent shows and ship like that. Even though we was we was with Dre and Uh. I bought Corrupt up there. I sat there and had the beach inside my MPC sixty and it was routed through the board into the cassette deck, so I can't fuck up. It's one take on like actual one take one take you gotta because But but what him or what Corrupt or Snoop used to do is that they make sure that they knew that motherfucker all the way to from top to bottom. Yeah, by heart, by heart. Oh no, then it was on paper, so they going yeah, yeah, straight off the straight off. So I hit that record. We I did some scratching and shop in the beginning, and after I did the scratches and ship, then Corrupt just started busting and we did like five songs like that, and I took it. I let Snooping everybody here. Then I let Drey and Shug here and they was like, ship, we signing this nigga signing. So that was another one that came in, you know, through through me, and then uh ever as well bid Uh Broomfield then came in after that, and those were Corrupt's managers.
Speaker 2: Yo. I'm curious because you being you're in the perspective of being a part of the entourage, being near the situation with Drey and Easy's beef, do you recall your reaction or just the attitude or the reaction when everyone heard real motherfucking gee's.
Speaker 1: I mean it was just like shit like because stuff is hard, and then us so crazy as we bumped heads with Uh. We bumped heads with Easy and Uh and Uh in the uh the casino right there in Compton. It was it was our b r e A one of those uh uh conferences there. So we bumped heads with n't it was getting ugly like.
Speaker 2: After that song dropped.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was all around that time. But it was like Easy was like professor because that's what he called me, professor, and I'm like, I'm not tripping. I was like, but everybody else was tripping because this this is my guy. I don't give a fuck. This is my guy Easy, that's my dog, that's my guy. I grew up with this nigga. I ain't so I've got all that ship to slow down and got everybody to shake hands, snoop and everybody to shake hands with Easy, all of that, And.
Speaker 2: But if you were able to get them to shake hands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right there in the compon casino, in the middle of the ship. Yeah, one eight seven from above the law. He was there. He had Tad he was there too, And because I think he was with Easy and this was my guys. So but I had my guys with me, and everybody like Buffalo was on roostless right, yeah, yeah, yeah, and uh so that that didn't happen, and a lot of shit got squashed right then and there. Because then, you know, even when when Drey and they were saying Dre and and Easy was beefing easy with Easy stayed right here. Dre stayed right here his backyard looking Dre's front yard. Wow, we were staying. So he would come down the hill and I'll be pulling the trash can in and pushing the trash out for the trash man to come, and he'd come down like, Professor, what's up? So he'd pull up on I'm like shit, what's going on? Man? He was like where Dre at? And I'm like, shit, he's not here right now. He probably at the studio or something telling I came by, and he'd take up in the middle of all the ship, in the middle all the all of that shit. That's what was so crazy, you know. And that's what he called me, professor every since I was a pup.
Speaker 2: That ship is insane, that's crazy. Yo. So, uh you I saw you're doing the Shout out to uh for that they're doing their festival in San Bernardino. Yeah, which is are you like hip it all to like that genre of like corridos music is like popping.
Speaker 1: Right now, Like, yeah, I'm with it.
Speaker 2: I'm with It's like the Mexican trap music.
Speaker 1: It's a it's it's all hip hop, it is it.
Speaker 2: I mean in in in in in spirit, baby baby hip hop driven.
Speaker 1: Yeah sure.
Speaker 2: I mean you see the way the guys be dressing like rappers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean it's dope and it's just it's really really cool. Shouts out to Bobby d.
Speaker 2: Bobby is amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great dude man for bringing you know, all all all the cultures together together for you know, and he's he gon. He one of the biggest in the in the business right now, the pro the promotion game. Yeah. And uh that's my god, that's my dog. We talk all the time. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think he's also done such a great job of like putting together these dope like shows for like my generation.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know what I mean, you see how he got it. I mean you got you got Kodak Black, But then you see Warren g and you see two short and you see little baby sex he read right, and and then you have this ship is that that's all It's dope because everybody loved all of it. So the ship is the ship is That ship is dope. And then I got something special that I'm gonna do there as well. It's the intro to my to my show. So that's it's gonna be real fun. And I'm doing to Mitch a lot of rumbles same day.
Speaker 2: Oh ship, You're gonna have a busy day.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed, yo, I love it. Yo.
Speaker 2: You you we were talking off off the ice. You you're drinking non alcoholic beer. You stopped drinking? Was there a reason why?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I I always get a physical before I hit the road go on tour where if I no, Im'll be gone for a while. Make sure I get a physical and I tell my doctor to check everything. So I've been fine off these few times. And he had hit me on my last physical and he was like, your fare ten levels is high and your liver end zymes is kind of off. So I was like, so what does that mean? So my first the first thing hit me was like drinking, you know, because I'm all I feel. I was like, damn, I back hurt right down the rights, like ah shit. So he made me test again and my fare tem was still up up like it was eight hundred and something, and then it went down to seven hundred and something. Like I had stopped drinking though, but when I when I went to sing, so he had me coming in for ultrasound. They did ultrasound and look to check my liver, my spleen, my gallbladder and all that stuff. So they looked at it and then he came back and he said, you have a fatty liver. So he said, it's it's it's uh, it's totally reversible, but you're gonna have to stop drinking and you're gonna have to change your diet. And I immediately, like I had maybe two beers after that, right after I left, I drunk two beers and I said, this is after this, I'm done. I'm gonna go ahead and I'm gonna get my shit together. And ever since then, I've been drinking. Yeah, I feel great. I've been exercising it every day. Every day of the week. I exercise, get a little bit of weight training. I don't do a whole bunch of hard weight training, but I do a little weight training, and I do the boxing for my cardio. But I do it every day. I feel better. I still be kind of like kind of tired because of the working out, and then I hit my you know that that regulator, and you know that brings me to the where I'm like, oh ship, but it feels good. You know, it helps. It helps all the way around. You know some I used to like always howking and stuff. I don't do that no more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people don't know if you have a lot of muk. It's like that's like a that's a that's a yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't even I'm taking a. I drink milk, this whole milk. This is dandelion, milk, thistle, dandelion, turmeric. Uh, it's some other few other herbs up in there too. I drink it. I don't want to say the names. I don't know if you know, but I will say that. But you don't mind. Okay. It's it's called dose. Uh. If they see this, look, I better give me a goddamn endorsement on that. Yeah, it's called dose, but it's a liver detox. So I I drink that every day, uh, every morning and every night. And it kills inflammation or anything, so to hurt. And I was feeling kind of went away, you know. Every now and then I feel it, like when I work out and I'm doing my abs and shit, I'll be like, oh shit, but it'll go away, you know, compared to when I first stopped. I was like, damn, what the fuck going on? Like why is my ship hurting? Faty liver?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Faty liver disease and it and it and it's you know, it's that's your liver is inflamed. And when I used to drink, that was kind of like numbing it, Like I wouldn't feel it because my liver used to like okay, he giving me what I want and with that ship because I'm immune to it now, so I gotta have it. But when I stopped, that's when I start hurting more. I'm like, damn. But the liquor was none so wised up. I'm not saying I'm gonna just stop forever, right, but if I do drink again, it'll be like in moderation, every week everyone they had a glass of wine and that's it. Nothing else during the week. On the weekend, a glass of wine and that's it because I don't do nothing for me right, almost backslid.
Speaker 2: Hey man, we were talking about how good cold beer is. It's like this is there's nothing like a cold beer of me.
Speaker 1: I said, shit, I wouldn't mind having one of them right now.
Speaker 2: Yo, there's an album that I owned as a child, and I remember you being involved with it somehow vaguely, and I could never find it ever again. It's not on I don't think it's on Spotify. It was like I think it was a was it be Ball's Best Kept Secrets where it was like all the NBA players are rapping. I think you made a beat on here or something.
Speaker 1: Oh well, Cedric Salas, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it was like all like Jason Kidd had a song.
Speaker 1: Yeah I did. I did sex. Actually I produced a record for Cedric Sabalas. It went gold. He had a gold.
Speaker 2: Record and got a gold record.
Speaker 1: In Shack I did, I said, I did be a father to your child.
Speaker 2: Wow? Yeah, were you like in the studio with Shack?
Speaker 1: I was in there, he came to the I went and did it actually in Philadelphia. I produced that record right in Philadelphia, And while I was with Shack, and came. He came in while I was there, but I didn't know he was coming. Wow. So I'm I'm after I'm on the drum machine, fucking with the drums, doing all kind of ship and just all of a sudden boom my head just I'm like, hey, what the fuck? All up? Hey? I couldn't even move this motherfucker palm my whole head like, hey, let me go, mother, let me you turn around?
Speaker 2: Yo, what's up?
Speaker 1: What's up? One? And I'm like, what's going on? Man? I said, God, damn ship. You can't come up, but can't get away from you. He get the hold of that head.
Speaker 2: I think Shaq is the best basketball rapper ever. Yeah, Lyrically, Shack is nice.
Speaker 1: He set it up with the funick fuse snakes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he actually could like I always thought he be buzzing and he was the first guy people. I don't think people realize he's the like there when the jay Z Nos beef was happening, there was a Shack song that had jay Z and Nas on it together before they ever had their issues. But Shaq had some shit. I mean, you can't stay af the rain is platinum, Like, yeah, so you you got to produce, Like, what was it was it? Were you helping him out with lines or anything?
Speaker 1: Nah? He did all He did it all on his own.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 1: He did.
Speaker 2: This is like in the middle of like shak Mania. There's toys of them. He's in every commercial. Yeah. Was he on the Magic of the Lakers at the time, he was with the Lakers.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait wait wait wait wait now he was with the Lakers with the Lakers, Yeah, he was the Lakers man. Shack, Well, we used to well, well bet fast, like, what's up? What you're talking about? We get we get it cracked, like just gambling, random, random. So we see each other, bump head, what's up? Let's go yeah, playing flights?
Speaker 2: Uh be like on the PJ of shackshooting dice or what not on the PJS.
Speaker 1: But I missed pj's dealing with him.
Speaker 2: That's so funny, and I had that.
Speaker 1: I was like, I gotta go, man, that ship is hilarious. Wow.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Shaquille and you cool dude.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Another thing I always wanted to. I'm just curious your perspective. Dog Father comes out. You're obviously by then. On your second album, first album, I'm saying dog Father the second Snoop album drops, which was I think ninety six, So you're you're probably.
Speaker 1: Right that was right, Yeah, would take a look over your shoulder.
Speaker 2: Snoop ends up. I think dog Father. I love dog Father, but I think it was you know a lot of people it wasn't dog Used obviously, right, Yeah, Snooper tell you that things go left for death throw he leaves, he goes to no limit. What was your thought on like the no limit move just for him just being like close to the situation, Like.
Speaker 1: I don't I mean, I was just rolling with whatever Snoop wanted to roll with. You know, at first I was I was like, I think he probably could have signed with like anybody.
Speaker 2: That he had, anybody in the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, anybody. But he made his decision was to go with master P. And master P was cracking at the time, and sure, and he did a lot for Snoop and he showed him a lot of love, and you know, because Snooper hit me like, look the snigger bought me a brand new house, bought me a gas station because all of that. So you know, I was happy for him, and like I said, whatever move he was with. I was with you know what I mean, because that's my best friend.
Speaker 2: Can you tell me?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: You mentioned a little bit earlier Tupac's writing process was super crazy and fast. What is your craziest Tupac studio story that you got?
Speaker 1: Uh? When I did? I did Definition of a Thug form produced that actually for the party, just the soundtrack and just the first time seeing somebody break a blunt down and roll a blunt and you know, that was the first time I ever seen that. You know, I'm used to joints, right, and I wasn't even really I was. I mean I used to be around like a lot of women and shit. But he you know, it was like he flooded it, just all like he had all of the he had some he had bitches.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, all of this was just in one night, just all of this ship in one night. And then everybody from Thug Life came in Big Sight Mcadosha's uh uh double up Rated R little Psyche, you know, but just a bunch of guys, little Rated or like, all these guys came and then I did how long would they more me? In the same night, Definition of a Thug went from Definition of aer thug to how long will they mourn me? All in one night, to send Tupac roller blunt for the first time, for the first time, and all these bad bitches in the studio at the same women. I don't want I don't.
Speaker 2: Want to just I mean, yeah, back then it was a lot more acceptable and.
Speaker 1: Just just being able to to finally sit and have a conversation with him and just we just talked about a lot. He was just like like asking me, like he was interviewing me, like about the death ro shouldn't how like what's up with me? Like why I'm not there? And right, you know, all the oh, he was asking me all that shit, and I was just telling him everything that I was going through, and I, boy, shit, you not. He put a lot of that shit right up in the motherfucking song. I was like, god damn when I had a forty five he put that in there, and uh, all the s I was talking about how I was, I'm starving out in these streets, you know, and he I seen, he said, t uh he's mentioned the tummy go i'ma give him a tummy bride d y everything, And I I looked, I looked at when I heard it, cause he didn't let me hear it. He went in there and did it. You know how sometimes the engineer and the and the artists are just going headphones and record, right, he did it. I didn't even hear it, you know, until he finished. Once. Once he finished, the engineer played it back up loud. I was like, this, dude, is a trip, he said, and took some of that ship. I talked to him about the fucking song.
Speaker 2: That ship's crazy and uh.
Speaker 1: And uh, because it was, I was, I was pretty I was hurt at that time. I was. I was crushed, pretty pretty crushed because I wasn't with Snoop and dra and none of my none of my guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's almost like during during during that era, like you guys should have been like a joining each other's success together, as opposed to being like, well, since I'm not on your label and Shugar feels some type of way we are kind of a part. That's that I had to suck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was terrible because you're fucking on fire too, so I'm sure like, yo, this regular ships everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and it's just you know, I wanted to them to enjoy the success with me.
Speaker 2: Yeah you man, not for sure and vice versa. I'm sure. Yeah, yeah, that's got to be crazy, like a song like how long will they mourn me? Like making that song while the studio environment is bitches?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah, I mean because he got a call. Actually, he had got the call that his his homeboy Cato, had got killed in Detroit.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, So that was the inspiration because it's like, that's a serious.
Speaker 1: When he got the call and he was like, one, you got something And I was like, yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Know that's crazy. And that was the second record you did that night?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And what's the trip is that? I used another the same sample. I used the sample that I used on my ample on my album. I use it again for him, just as like on some mixtape type ship. Right, So I took super Sol's is the same beat and I did it. I redid it and did it for him. For how long were they more on? Man?
Speaker 2: That second? Yeah? It's it's funny because uh, you you're you come like you sample? That's what you do?
Speaker 1: Do you have?
Speaker 2: Do you like? Because I talked to guys like Status Select, the Alchemists. Sometimes it's just like dude, sometimes you just let it fly man like, yeah, because you can't get ahold of the estate or it's just like hopefully they don't catch it. Yeah, I mean because like at the end of the day, it's like if you really had to clear every single sample drum well, I did.
Speaker 1: I did well.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you had to on depth jamah. But even just like these days, it's like if you're an independent artist, it's almost impossible you couldn't afford to put an album out, you know.
Speaker 1: Like, well I just did it, and you cleared everything. I just did it with with the with the single I got was oh okay, keep sweat.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, but I think there's obvious there's obvious.
Speaker 1: Ones you sweat. He ain't no joke, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's an obvious sample, right. I feel like there's like some of the like more like yoah, I took this breakbeat off this record I found at the store, you know what I mean, get.
Speaker 1: Away with like you can get away with it because a lot of that stuff was probably just like nobody is even on it, you know what I mean. Sure, yeah, so some things you can't get away with.
Speaker 2: You said, you and Zoe have a a lot of other songs together or you're planning on doing something.
Speaker 1: Now we got we got some songs. I just haven't put my verses on and edited his part your beats, yeah, ok, yeah, But what I did was, I, uh, even with the single we got right now, let me breathe, I had to piece that together because he just came in and wrapped and then you and you took it and then you had the formatted and piece it all together. So I got to get in there with the records that he did now piece yeah, piece them all together once in then I'll drop a verse or whoever he wants to get down on it, like if it was a problem or somebody come get down, or even if Kendrick want to jump on one. You know, I wouldn't mind producing some ship for Kendrick.
Speaker 2: Would producing some ship for Kendrick.
Speaker 1: He get up under one of these, It's it's gonna be another game changing.
Speaker 2: What were your thoughts on the whole? Not like us, euphoria everything. I mean, it feels like the spotlight is.
Speaker 1: On l a a uh. That ship is dope as far as him and Kendrick, and I mean as far as him and Drake and all of that stuff. I don't get into that, of course, like as far as.
Speaker 2: You're warned you you wouldn't get into it. Man, you're like both.
Speaker 1: Like both of them, and they both talented dudes. They just got their differences with each other, you know. But you know, the ship that Kendrick did was dope.
Speaker 2: I just feel like it just it just reminds me of like it was like a moment of like real hip hop for a second. You know, Yeah, it was like this, Yeah, it's stayed in and I mean, at least from what we know, it stayed on stayed on wax, you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, yeah, yeah, just on wax. You know, they don't want to kill you.
Speaker 2: And you're telling me Easy and Doctor dreveror neighbors during their beef is fucking crazy, straight up like backyard neighbors.
Speaker 1: Straight up bush and Jerry Heller.
Speaker 2: Oh that's that's great.
Speaker 1: He stayed down the street.
Speaker 2: Oh hell, that's fucking wild.
Speaker 1: Jerry Hella down here, Easy up here.
Speaker 2: Dre Everybody in the same fucking on the same fucking community. That ship is insane. Talk to me about the tour that you announced you're going out on the road.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got a tour coming up, uh thirty year anniversary tour men exhibit. We got a tool X to the Z. Yeah, it's showing so dope he got he got some dope ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he's coming up on some anniversaries for like At the Speed of Life and Forty Days and Forty Nights for sure, even even Restless has got to be I don't even yeah, I don't even want to speculate how those albums are because that don't make me feel really fucking old.
Speaker 1: But yeah, hey we're still young.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you guys are gonna hit the road together. Are you doing the live band thing? I feel like you with the live band.
Speaker 1: I got a couple of things, a couple in the production. I got some my introduction to you know, I am gonna I am gonna have a couple. I might have a live drummer and I'm gonna have a live keyboard and that's.
Speaker 2: All you need.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it, That's all you need. And DJ.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's hard shot.
Speaker 1: And we're gonna, we're gonna rock. We're gonna we're gonna really tear it up. We're gonna have a good time. Like I said, I got some special things within my shoulder. I'm gonna do that. People are gonna be like, oh, that's dope.
Speaker 2: Fire, Yo, give me your if we were to take Dre out of the conversation, because that's an obvious one. Let's take yourself out of the conversation. What would be your West Coast producer, Mount Rushmore? Hip hop? Let's talk about hip hop.
Speaker 1: It's just so many got quick.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's.
Speaker 1: That, Okay, Okay, Uh Jelly ro shot Okay, shout to Jelly and uh damn what's his name? God damn it? Not always him on Instagram and he this dude got some dope he what is his name? Uh? God damn it.
Speaker 2: What's he doing?
Speaker 1: I don't know what records he done, but he just on his Instagram he always playing a dope sample or some ship he redid Okay, God damn it. What's his name? Uh fuck? I can't remember his name.
Speaker 2: Off topic, I just feel like we like the West Coast.
Speaker 1: And I put, I'll say, uh, uh, I put.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I can't remember the other dude name, so I'm gonna put. I'm gonna put uh Rick Rock Rick Rock for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's just something I feel like between like Superfly and Daz and even.
Speaker 1: The Superflyes dope to I mean, just so many for sure, there's just so damn it. What's your name? I just seen him the other day. He did a record for us, uh called Dalla Bill. What's his name? Dalla Dollar Bill? God damn it, what's his name? Joseph? I think that's the name of Joseph.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I think it's Joseph uh Wahlberg, Lineberger, Joseph. I think that that Joseph. That's he dope, He's hard. I should have put him in that rushmore too. Uh. We got some dope guys for sure, really really dope producers.
Speaker 2: Jelly Roll I feel like to just like, you know, just the influence Jelly bro I think you already said you put on the mix for sure. Okay, so you're so you got the song out with though, that's gonna be a part of your EP, and then separately you're gonna do something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got we got some other things that we're doing, uh for him as well, well, both of us. We're gonna gonna put together the EP, if not our be featured on it and.
Speaker 2: Let the artists know they need to tap in for some beats Man in with the regulator.
Speaker 1: Look, Kendrick J. Cole, Oh, y'all tap man with your boy man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then like you know the other thing too.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Did you listen to the Problem DJ Quick album?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dope Fire the record Coroad. I told him that the my favorite record on there is the record he did with Cee Low who is another guy I'm gonna tap in with some records. What I love. His voice is incredible. He got that nake dog Phiel to him. Well, yeah, yes, indeed him and Jazzy Fay for sure, that's another dope producer. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like you should. You guys should try to approach if you do his OWD project, try.
Speaker 1: To pro another dope producer.
Speaker 2: In the same way that they did the I think that Quick uh that Quick problem I was done like flawlessly dope.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure. I told Quick he was on the road with us in Canada.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I remember, because that was around the time the PopOut happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, and everybody was like, where's DJ Quick, Yeah, he's on tour with Snoop Yeah, were you there?
Speaker 2: Because I think Quick said he cried.
Speaker 1: Snoop Warn and Snoop Warning. Quick was in Canada.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying. I heard I heard Quick said he was like emotional because he missed it because he saw it online and he was like, I think did you Like, were you guys all around each other being like, Yo, what the fuck is going on? And what is Kenny doing in l A right now?
Speaker 1: We was watching it. It was dope. I don't remember him crying.
Speaker 2: The pop out was like, yeah, I'm that's one of those nights that I'm gonna be like, Man, I was fucking there.
Speaker 1: That should be done like every now and then somebody needed to do to pop out. Kendrick could be that the head god of doing the pop out pop out.
Speaker 2: I love it man, Well listen, I appreciate you hanging out sharing some dope stories. Thanks for having me and you also for people who don't know, you have your own barbecue sauce. Yeah, and Griffin's BBQ so people can support that as well.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed.
Speaker 2: Uh, the new song was oh is out? Go support that? Go stream that and the new EP on the way. You're gonna be on the road doing all kinds of festivals too. Shout to Bobby D. You're I mean, you're everywhere. I feel like I see you on a flyer, like once a week doing a live showing every Bakersfield or fucking Canada, wherever. It's a for sure man, Warren G. I appreciate you, bro much. Love, Boom Fire