Speaker 1: Start up, dot up, start up, Brooklyn Boy, start up, Brooklyn Boys, start up up, dot up, They making noise dot up start up dad us dot up.
Speaker 2: Episode to seventy two of the Brooklyn Boys podcast, What a.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Buddy, We back a get backwards, Going backwards. It's two seventy two.
Speaker 2: Hello, Oh play that number means nothing, but play it anyway.
Speaker 4: Play it.
Speaker 2: Play two seventy two.
Speaker 3: That's your lot.
Speaker 2: On the win we get twenty percent. How great would that be if somebody out there was listening to us. That'd be great if someone was listening Hello and every day and when they when they got to that episode number that they heard us, they played that lotto number that night to pick three. Yeah, well, it won't be our fault or our credit. It'll be about when they decided to listen to the podcast. Yeah, Like, if you play this number tomorrow and it doesn't win, that's your fault. You should listen to the podcast next week. Let's say somebody's up to episode one sixty two and they just listen one morning and that like, oh, Brooklyn Boys, one sixty two, You know what, I'm gonna go to the old convenience store and play one sixty two in the Pick three tonight. Because I'm listening all we get some of that. Yeah, definitely a taste. We get our beak wet, as the saying goes.
Speaker 3: You always get your beak wet.
Speaker 2: Oh, by the way, speaking of Brodie, uh having that ideas?
Speaker 3: Oh no, my god.
Speaker 2: Remember last week when every talkback was the dollars six conversation? Oh yeah, absolutely. By the way, I tell you, I'm gonna start to go fund me. I would have started a T shirt that dollar six. I think people might buy them. Yeah, we got it. We got an email from the Brooklyn Boys account. Remember that you can always email us at the Brooklyn Boys Podcast at gmail dot com. I guess I'll read a couple of el might as well just play that right here because I want.
Speaker 3: I want to. Oh, I haven't played the email stage in a while.
Speaker 2: I know, because we gotta get I gotta get this off my chest because this is made me last.
Speaker 3: And I have a major update, a major update I need. I need and I have an update as well. All right, So it's mail time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, melt time. That sounds like it's mail time.
Speaker 3: Welcome, you've got mail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Brooklyn Boys Podcast at gmail dot com. Now I'll read the third one, the last one, the coup de gras.
Speaker 3: What do you call that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll read that last because that that's the better one.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: So anyway, Uh, basically you can always email us there and uh, Sam caf Alone had checked in and said, hey, good evening guys. First off, Berdy and Scary always okay a few a seventy seven, I came across the pizza place the in Chester, Pennsylvania. Oh, Brody, get it out of the gutter. And I and I have to know, would you eat there or no? Love the show, love the rants, and definitely love how Scary is a moosie bastard and Brody always calls him out for having a one point nine trillion dollar system. By the way, Brody, you have to listen up with that. You have to listen up with the doctor fat loss. Slip inst slip Sam from Vineland, New Jersey. I didn't slip it in. I was reading an email, so I get a free pass.
Speaker 3: Oh, but don't repeat it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they're talking about this pizza place in Chester, PA.
Speaker 3: I'd love. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well let's uh, let's let's show some places at the name of the place. That's all It's said. Anyway, well, how can he ask us if we eat there? Just based on the fact that it's in Chester, PA. That could be Brooklyn transplants living in Chester peare wouldn't think you would think, well, I wouldn't think, but there could be. Well anyway, all right, I think your ancestors came over from Sicily and said, you know what, some day I'm gonna move with the chest Pennsylvania. Yeah, it's some Mario. It's a Mario, it's a mem a audio. Yeah, all right, the other one, all right, excuse me, sir.
Speaker 3: Do you know how to get the Chester Pennsylvania?
Speaker 2: Ah, certainly.
Speaker 3: Do you go down a street over there, you make a left. You don't skip to the other email. I'm this is the one I want to read.
Speaker 2: Oh, by the way, speaking of Italian accents, have you seen the commercial for Sento tomatoes. No, Sento's is like redpack, right, Sento's yellow can yep. And so it's a it's a woman without an accent. Uh, she's probably like thirty five, she's married, and she's like, oh, I use Sento tomatoes. I gotta I gotta make my anti pasta and her mother in law goes, is that the past so she looks sings gonna comera, she goes antipasta because a real Italian or fake Italian like USA. Mother was like you tell, yelling at her to say ata pasta. I saw another, Oh today, just today in Brooklyn on Thirteenth Avenue, I saw a fake Italian place.
Speaker 3: You know, you get a pizzeria or whatever.
Speaker 2: The sign on your place should be pizza or pizzaia right right by the way. It's spelled p i z z e r i a not not pizza rea, not pizza pizza.
Speaker 3: We've seen so many people that spell pizza a ria.
Speaker 2: But a lot of times you go to Connecticut or these other places and they make what they say appetee right a pizza pah apostrophe pz ap piez. Yeah, like a pizza pizza. I swear to God Brody, there's a pizza place in Brooklyn in our old neighborhood, and it's they're trying to do the apizz a PiZZ thing, but it's spelled a p i.
Speaker 3: Z z a a pizza a pizza.
Speaker 2: They want to be a pete apizza apiads a pizza, but it's pizza one word they try, they've misspelled it or they're trying to be funny.
Speaker 3: I don't know. There's a chain in New Jersey called a piez right, a.
Speaker 2: P i z z. Maybe maybe you pz uppes. Maybe maybe they had it that way and got sued. Anyway, this is called Dollar six Gate. The email from Lewis Chai. This is the other email. Oh yeah, we're still in the email segment.
Speaker 3: Remember that?
Speaker 5: Ok?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: This is Lewis from the greater Atlanta area. There's an area greater than Atlanta. I'm the one who sent you the Grammar police photo of the braised artificial beef flavor ramen. Yes, yes, and I thought we weren't sure it was braised. It was artificial flavor or braised artificial meat, right anyway, brace Anyway, I leave a talkback, but this is way too long to fit in one talkback, so I decided to go with email.
Speaker 3: Anyway, they have scary talking back for you.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I'm completely caught up on all your episodes. I'm here to chime in on the dollar and six debacle, which I will coin as Dollar six Gate. That's from episode two seventy Brody not here to debate the merits of a dollar and six dollar six and the.
Speaker 3: Principal great thanks for writing and the.
Speaker 2: Principle of not running it by you to charge a dollar versus a penny. I sincerely hope you pay your cousin back in all of this, because she is truly the one wronged in this situation. Imagine being taken out to a steak dinner by Scary and then having the whole meal comped by the restaurant, and then Scary has no cash to pay the tip and refuses to pay a dollar six when he asks for the restaurant to wring him up for a penny, and it is you who winds up paying the tip. You'd be on the podcast railing Skiy for it, demanding compensation. Your cousin deserves better. The truth of the matter is that, Brody, you have appeared to have fallen into the cheap ass bastard category amongst some of the some of the slices, and that is the true crime. Being painted as a cheap bastard is the major offense, and you should be upset. You are the victim here, so let's apply blame here.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm the victim Okay, as.
Speaker 2: Much as your cousin deserves better, she has partial fault in this. If she ordered an extra seven dollars worth of food, you wouldn't have a remaining balance on the gift cards, which would have allowed your card to be charged the balance, and thus you'd be able to give the server the tip you wanted to give them.
Speaker 3: Partial fault goes to the server.
Speaker 2: Clearly, if he didn't forget about your side dish, it may have been added on the bill, and again no remaining balance on the gift card.
Speaker 3: It was just cheese.
Speaker 2: Since we're blaming everyone but Brody, Scury is also a fault.
Speaker 3: Oh I love this guy. Pause for Scury's reaction.
Speaker 2: Get the fuck out of here, you crazy. I have no fault in this. Why weren't you available to join Brody at this meal? Clearly a third quarter Scary would have ordered more advertisers for the table, and once again no balance remaining on the gift cards. I rest my case. It is clear Brody is the real victim and everyone else is to blame.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: That's sent with sarcasm, by the way, No no sarcasm, and some random thoughts from other episodes. The Satan Vietor Bagels from Montreal are the best bagels.
Speaker 3: They hang up on this guy's email.
Speaker 2: I told you, Brody, I'm not kidding. They really are awesome. Gotta try them when you're up in Montreal. I may or may not have written this email using chat GPT. Brody may have been called out as wrong in episode two sixty multiple times that one time, but Scary you were also wrong in that episode when you talked about the aliens. You said at the end of that segment it was all fun and entertainment. What that segment was neither fun nor entertaining. Okay, so obviously not a fan of Scary. Joe doesn't believe, you know, doesn't believe the aliens they're doing naked attraction segment. It's episode two seventy one. If Scary was in one of those booths, do you think they'd say that's a fine looking penis, isn't it? And add and judging from the looks of it, it looks like he's tried to s his own He's ssing his own D, right, I probably should have saved that for a talkback. Anyway, speaking of sing your own D, you should create your own clapper channel.
Speaker 5: For it.
Speaker 3: I am being facetious. Love you guys, Thank you Lewis. That was it. That was probably one of my favorite emails of the year.
Speaker 2: That was great.
Speaker 3: That was great.
Speaker 2: By the way, speaking of Naked Attraction, a lot of our slices went and watched the show despite my recommendations of you know, so I got a lot of people saying, oh my god, I can't watch it, and a bunch of people saying I'm gonna keep watching it all right. So uh yeah, and it's still I think one of the most stream shows on Max, very very successful at the moment. So uh, I don't think I'll have to watch it again because it was just I did it for the novelty of it.
Speaker 3: But uh, it's a thing. It's it's something to talk about. Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, that the email asked if scary if if they would say, oh, that's a nice penis in it, don't forget I've seen scary penis.
Speaker 3: Yeah you did.
Speaker 2: Check out Yeah, check out that episode and and you weren't impressed by it. I wasn't unimpressed. Okay, let me let me just say this. If you were on Naked Attraction and the only thing showing was your your gut and your penis. I think it's safe to say third quarter is scary. No one would notice your penis. Wow, there's another row with your penis. Is what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I think your penis? That was fine? No, I was third quarter scared. I'm no. My point is I'm just gonna cut you. Uh uh uh.
Speaker 2: You can't cut me my rabbit already did scary? Tell me if this doesn't sound weird to you. I was in a government building, nothing wrong, but a New Jersey government building. And when you first walk in as a metal detector and it says please remove your keys, your wallet, all metal objects from your pockets. And at the bottom of us of the sign, it's like a red and white sign. It looked like a parking sign, so itose whitewood red lettering.
Speaker 3: Very official. It said no cameras or recording devices allowed in the building.
Speaker 2: Huh. So I asked the woman who was running the machine. I said, are you guys going to keep my phone? So why do you ask? I said, Well, the sign says, uh, no recording devices or cameras, and clearly my phone is a camera and a recording device. You called that out to them. What if they decided to change the rule on the spot and take your phone.
Speaker 3: No, I knew what the problem was. Scary.
Speaker 2: Do you remember how I seeing signs like that back in the day, I say, I said, well, let me ask you a question.
Speaker 3: How old is this sign?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: She says, well, I've been working here in nineteen years and it's been here longer than me.
Speaker 3: So that was back when.
Speaker 2: Remember the days you couldn't bring a recording device into a concert. Yeah, you know, people would smuggle. Remember when a recording device was not on a phone. Remember when a recording device was like smuggle a big thing on your shoulder to film thing.
Speaker 3: It was a separate piece of equipment.
Speaker 2: Right now, every I mean now you people get yelled at because everybody films concerts. But back in the day, if you recorded anything, you were like you were thrown out. You had to hide everything. So this is from this sign. Nobody bothered to update the sign. There's like no cameras or recording devices like yeah, okay, that's cell phones right, she goes, they just don't want you to bring in the big ones on your shoulder.
Speaker 3: I go, who's doing that? Who's walking into.
Speaker 2: A government building with a camcorder on their shoulder, with like a shoulder harnessed thing that goes like padding that doesn't hurt.
Speaker 3: You, Like it's like a like a shoulder pad.
Speaker 2: Who's doing that? It's like, hey, New Jersey, it's time to update your your signage.
Speaker 3: Yeah you had? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I love how you have to rattle their cage. You can't mind your own business. You are the human Larry d you are. You're Larry David, you are.
Speaker 3: My commer.
Speaker 2: My question was genuine until it hit me that the sign is freaking old. But I'm like, I have to give you my phone. I was serious.
Speaker 3: I'm like, it's a recording device, no sign.
Speaker 2: Hey, by the way, what do you think of the reunion of and sinc?
Speaker 3: What do I think of it?
Speaker 2: I think Justin hasn't had it hit in six years. Well that's it's funny you mentioned that because well, well, first of all, did you know that the word in sync? Do you know where it originates from? I learned this earlier this week. Yes, because it's the last letter of all of their names except Lance, because he replaced the guy named a Jason, and so they needed a second n. So they changed Lance's name to Lanceton Lanston just so he had an edit the end of his name. So yes, I'm it's Justin is n sink, Yes, is for Chris, And then yeah, it's all of them. It's Joey is Y is the c so it's end sync and and but yeah they right, but like last two ends, Jason was the other end. But Jason got the old heave ho from the band, right, so when they hired there might be people going, oh my god, mind blown. I was today years old when I learned that. Yeah, all right, well, well, speaking of that, why did you bring it up? I brought it up because I got into an interesting debate with my friends about Justin Timberlake. For years, obviously he was the holdout, right, It's safe to say he was a holdout for Joey was waiting in the studio since two thousand and eight. I think Chris was Chris. Joey does ship, but Chris hasn't been working a lot. But if you think about it, Justin so Justin Timberlake now finally caved. Maybe these other reasons he's doing it.
Speaker 3: Somebody's wife was like, you need to get to the house.
Speaker 2: Speculation is that there's some crap coming in the new Britney Spears book and the tell All book that she's written, and that this is a diversion of that, that that this will be. Oh, they begins SYNC reunion, we're gonna follow and then we're gonna do a tour and we're gonna do an album.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do a story.
Speaker 2: Or is that some conspiracy theorist who tweeted it and everybody ran with it that ladder. Yeah, but I just question for you, do you think that Justin Timberlake's stock as Justin Timberlake the solo artist is greater as the solo artist or with the group and SYNC with the today with the group these days? Yes, well, I mean he's a time No. No, he's been being a solo for fifteen years. Yes, But what I'm saying is right now, right now, he's bigger than SYNC.
Speaker 3: That's why he's going back with them, exactly.
Speaker 2: This was my point Justin Timberlake on his own was it's fit his own thing. But like if we're talking ten fifteen years ago, his stock was probably worth more as Justin Timberlake rather than Question than SYNC. At the height of Justin Timberlake's solo career. Yeah, do you think he ever hit the heights of in sync at their at their heights?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, multiple What is it?
Speaker 2: What was the name of the album, the Sexy Back album, that one, that one and the one before, I mean huge, tremendous. Yeah, but in sync pandemic. In Sync though, was Beatlemania type stuff. Solo artist Justin Timberlake was a massive performer, a very successful performer, but in Sync was and Backstreet Boys were a global phenomenon. You know, so is Justin Timberlake as a solo artist. And even his early stuff with like like I Love You and My Love and and Sexy Back, he's a hit machine. And later with jay Z with suit and tie. You know, he came up with you know, you know and and and then I saw his concert a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: He didn't say so his concert now it makes them bigger.
Speaker 2: No, No, he's had pit seats right then, you have like seats right by thee. There were points in his life as a solo artist I think which his stock was more as as as Justin. But now because we're on this nostalgia tip and all these boy bands are getting back together because that's the hot thing to do, and because he because he's and because he's an older guy, and he really hasn't had a hit. I mean he had like can't stop the feeling right as six seven years ago and at least yeah, So I feel like now he is worth more as Justin from in Sync And that's probably why he he saw the writing on the wall and he's like, you know what, yeah, let's let me go back of this because we're a group. So he's stronger as a group than he is as a solo artist today in twenty twenty three, you know, in twenty fourteen, you would have had a different Yes, I'll make a prediction, though, what's that. I think Harry styles remains bigger than one Direction going forward. I think Harry, I think Harry's need to go back to one direction is a long way off.
Speaker 3: I think it's maybe similar to the Justin's.
Speaker 2: Uh Jay, I'll tell you what the difference is maybe fifteen years away maybe, But Harry writes his own music, he plays it.
Speaker 3: I mean, Justin writes his music too.
Speaker 2: But I think the other guys have done well enough in one direction. I don't know if they'll ever recover from Zaye, like I don't. I don't know if the five of them will get back together, but I think Harry's got a really long way to go before I think he would do a full blown reunion because it's not enough. Time has passed. I think it's the right time for insinc for sure. I think it's a good move on. So maybe in fifteen years it'll be the right time for One Direction, and then Harry'll rejoin and it'll realize, you know what, I'm stronger as a group than I am as a solo artist. Not now, I don't see that. I don't want to get too boring with this. I apologize slices.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, there's some interesting stuff here.
Speaker 2: As big as One Direction was, I don't think they had as many hits as in Sync, right, So like in Sync, in Sync has all time pop hits like no strings attached album, Bye Bye Bye, the massive We're like, I think ten years from now, Bye Bye byeble still people want to go to I want to hit by Bye on stage. I gotta hit by Bye Bye. I don't think One Direction was together long enough to have built the the the discography, the library that in Sync did, so, I don't know if you know they'll be the they'll they'll be the group of girls that was in the pocket for One Direction when they were a hit, but in Sync had more pockets of girls, all fans of all all fans because they had like more albums that were successful. Therefore, you have a wider variety of age groups and you were popular longer. Therefore there'll be a larger demand when when the fourteen year old to the twenty year olds grow up. As opposed to One Direction, which was again, I don't if you're a one Direction, I apologize, but really they only had like a.
Speaker 3: Four year round. I'd get it. I get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah they were so no I see what you're saying anyway, but I liked them, but I like One Direction.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I thank you Rich and Covino for that. Rich and Covino. They had a Covino and Rich. I know Rich first.
Speaker 2: I know Rich first too, but it's Cavino and Rich, I say, Richard Covino, boy Brodian scary.
Speaker 3: Well, Rich was my roommate. How could I not put him first? Spooch towel.
Speaker 2: But I know they were having this debate about Justin and Sink versus n Sync.
Speaker 3: Now, I just thought i'd bring.
Speaker 6: It up here.
Speaker 3: That's all. I'll add one more thing.
Speaker 2: I don't know how credible anything Britney Spears says is these days, So I think I think we're good. I mean, if if if wrong things were done, then she should actually get it out. I just hope people don't judge her by how she is now versus the credibility of what she says. Live Brandey Alone, It's podcast, Leave Brandey alone. Leave you.
Speaker 3: What's that guy doing? You think that guy's married, like, has a family.
Speaker 2: Think he still feels the same way. Yeah, you think he watches Brittany Dancing with Knives and half naked and he's like, dude, Yeah, my favorite. My favorite of the Brittany Dancing with Knives is the meme is the one where she they put her behind the hibachi as a hibachi. Sef. That's hysteric, hoterrific. Yeah, it's hysterical, that's true. Oh oh, ill update, Remember last week I told you about the wedding. I was invited to solo. Yes, and I have a breaking news update as well, but you go first. Uh yeah, this is very quick. A casual friend that you thought you were better friends. With that invite, you would have guessed, yeah, yeah, I decided to check the will not attend box not gonna go translation. They changed their mind, realized they made a mistake by inviting you and sent you an updated No. I said, I'm not going. Okay, I'm not I'm not going to the wedding. I said, no, so I can't go. There's another words translation, Robin told you not going.
Speaker 3: She never said that. She never said that.
Speaker 2: Our exact words. I really would prefer you didn't go go away that weekend. Well, we're going away this weekend. We're going to Savannah Na na Na, Savannah Na na Na. I've never been to Savannah Brody. I'm really excited for.
Speaker 3: Oh, very good.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go to that ghost We're gonna go on a ghost house tour. We're gonna go to see the pink house. Maybe, I don't know what the what's the pink house and a ghost tour? Really a ghost house tour? Oh, his house, foyer, ghosts in it all. Let's go to the next one. Well, I'm not going to London, I'm going to Savannah.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: I It reminded me of the Jack the repertory I told you about, remember that.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, here's where he current cuts out in the alleyway he murdered his third victim.
Speaker 3: Let's go. I want to see this stuff.
Speaker 2: They say that Savannah is one of the most hotes that you pay for a ghost. Savannah is one of the most haunted cities in America.
Speaker 3: So how do you not go?
Speaker 2: And how do I not go visit?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Some do? Some get some Southern cooking with Pauladine Pauldine's restaurant.
Speaker 3: Are you is she cooking? I don't know. I hear She's a legend down there. They love her there.
Speaker 2: Of course, you know she is an old joke Pauldine joke that when she cooks, she puts she melts butter on her butter. Well, anyway, I'm excited.
Speaker 3: To of course, a scary is ready to go to Pauladine's restaurant. Oh my god, carry me out of you gotta check out the Savannah bananas. If they're there. You know who they are?
Speaker 2: Right? Oh my god? Someone the all them Globe trotters of Minor League Baseball is dalla and stilts.
Speaker 3: They ride bikes, they throw water. Is that wait?
Speaker 2: A second, is that why they named my because we're going with two of the couples. They named the group chat Savannah Bananas, and I thought that's just somebody just making something. Okay, Savannah bananas rhymes right, so chances are they rhymed the chat group the same reason why the team named themselves. There's no bananas, not that it's not. Savannah's not known for growing bananas. They like, Oh, Savannah bananas. It's a fun name for a dope fun And they tore the countries. I don't know they want to go, but uh, they played against our friend, Garia Parone. They played the ferry Hawks in State Nyland Ferryman and the Ferry Hawks.
Speaker 3: Ferry Hawks.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, the Ferryman is an old song from the fifties speaking of Gary Parone when they're getting a little baseball here. But just to shout out Gary Paron our buddy. When the Mets hired the new president of baseball operations, David Stearns, David grew up as a Mets fan. He interned for the Mets, but before that he interned for the Brooklyn Cyclones. Gary gave him his first job in sports. Now he runs the Mets. And when he had his press conferenceations, I had to thank a few people. He thanked our buddy Gary Perron first.
Speaker 3: So now we know where to go for the free tickets, Gary Perron. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, now we know where to go for an internship so I can run the Mets someday.
Speaker 3: Oh and I thought, you know.
Speaker 2: That's not a bad play, Brody, just switching, bad play, switching gears all together and switching and just going into Mets baseball. Okay, you know what, this is not a good week for me to talk about going into Mets baseball.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you why.
Speaker 2: On Monday, I did a Mets podcast and it was a bunch of comedians and writers and we talked about why the Mets fired the manager. Okay, and we made playoff predictions because the Major League Baseball playoffs are going on, and we made predictions. The day after we posted it, a bombshell story came out about why they absolutely fired the Mets manager because he was being bullied into playing. Players want to play by the general manager. But yet we didn't talk about that because we'd already done the podcast. Then the playoffs started, and we were wrong so far in almost every prediction. Everything we said was wrong. So then on Wednesday, what's today? We're recording this on Thursday. Yesterday I did another Mets podcast, So I did the Blackcast on Monday bla DT you can you can check my Twitter and see it. And then on Wednesday we did the Believe Mets podcast b l EAV with our buddy Nick Durst. And on that Mets podcast, we talked about the Mets hiring their new President of Baseball Operations, David Stearns, and we talked about Buck Showalter being fired, and we talked about Billy Eppler, the GM not being fired even though they hired a new boss for him. Anyway, we said all this stuff and then the story came out blowing our podcast up and out of the water about what happened with Buck Showalter and how Billy Eppler screwed him.
Speaker 3: We didn't talk about that.
Speaker 2: Then today Billy Eppler, who we blamed, we blamed for some things yesterday, he quit today out of nowhere. So I did like two hours and twenty minutes of Mets podcasting. It's all in the shitter, but watch it because I'm funny and adorable. But that being said, and that's the problem. That's the problem with podcasting. You know, you don't know when you're gonna experience this, and it's it's it's on delay. You're not gonna get it right away. I mean, who's posted it right away? But by the time you post it, yeah, news happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: But uh, all right, well.
Speaker 3: So what else? Well, what else is good?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: I was at a zoo a week and a half ago. My wife he went to an event at a zoo. It wasn't a zoo event. It was like a beer thing, and they you know what a prairie dog is, looks like a groundhog, yes, like a squirre, like a check Like there are people in the country right now who like have them as pets or like or girl up put them in there in the backyard, Like, don't you know what goddamn prairie dog is? Scary the city boy I don't know much about anyway. Anyway, they looked like, uh, groundhogs, but smaller. They dig holes in the ground. Right anyway, So there's this groundhog exhibit at this particular zoo and there it's like a it's a it's a hill and around the hill is plexiglass, so and it's like the plexiglass is higher than you can reach, so you can't reach them, and you can look in and watch them, and you can watch them digging holes. And if they dig a hole near the plexiglass, you can see in the hole. So they're like they're scamping around and they're whatever. Oh, we're all sitting sitting down because this bench is by the prairie dogs, and the prairie dogs two of them start humping each other like doggy style or prairie dog style. I guess Prairie doggy style. Oh I just thought of that, Prairie dog doggy style. I think that's the name of this podcast, Prairie doggie Style.
Speaker 3: There you go. So they're going at it now, you want to give them some privacy? Oh no, oh no. The girl on the bench next to me tells a friend, look.
Speaker 2: They're fucking, and she grabs a cell phone. She grabs her cell phone out and she starts filming them fucking.
Speaker 3: And they're not paying attention.
Speaker 2: They don't know what a camera is or recording device, much like the New Jersey office building I was in, And they just keep fucking and she's filming it like it's a Harry Styles concert. And then at some point she's like laughing and calling her friends over, and the guy doing the doggie in the back he turns and is like gave her like a what are you looking at face, dismounted and then dug a hold and went away. And then the female praier dog was like, thanks man, yest me. You know, I love the viral videos of the zoo, Like a zoo around the country somewhere and a class trip is visiting and they just have the video of like all of a sudden, these two chimpanzees start like humping each other, like in front of.
Speaker 3: The kiss, pissing in their own hands and drinking it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's almost like they know that they want to do something crude for like a bunch of eleven year old watching. It's great. So I seen a few of those, but it was a good thing this was an adult event at the zoo because at some point, you know, young kids will be like, hey, that prairie dog is hurting the other prairie dog, right, But at that point, you know, that's when you teach them about life. I mean, yeah, but you know the people who don't want any of that shit taught in school. They don't want to taught. You know, they don't want their kids to learn anything until they're thirty. Nah, I mean, parent, you can't. If you're going there for education experience, you gotta you gotta take all of it in. I mean it is. And then when the prairie square, the prairie dog did for a while. But listen, if you follow the news, you know there are parts of the country that are less likely to want their kids to read books or be taught certain things in school. And so in New York or New Jersey, it might be like, Yeah, the fucking kids, here's that book, go read it. But in some parts of the country might be like, shun your eyes, don't look.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, it's nature, right.
Speaker 2: Every every creature has sex, right, Everyone has body parts. Everyone has penises and vaginas for the most part.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: Some switch somewhere along the way and have all the ones. Some have both. They call those from aphrodite.
Speaker 2: It is a little bit odd that of all the body parts that people have, we don't want our kids to see the ones that are different. They're just body parts, right, They're just yeah, and legs The problem is we cover them up all day. So that's why they makes them elusive and makes them well yer right, because they're lurid and sexual. But if a kid sees a picture of it, it's not lord and sexual. It's just a body part. But if we walked around naked all the time, it wouldn't be a big deal. It's the same way they introduce wine at the dinner table, and a lot of Italian and Spanish families, you know, it's like not a big deal.
Speaker 3: So do you mean do you mean Hispanic family or people from Spain?
Speaker 2: Spain from Spain from Spain, Yes, Spanish and Italian and France. There's always wine at a dinner table. So and so it's not a big deal for a kid to have a glass of wine. And so they don't have to hide it when they you know, when it's time to drink. You know, they won't have to like, you know, because.
Speaker 3: Anything that you if you know, right, if you normalize things, yes, and it's not a big deal.
Speaker 2: I believe in that. So the same thing with nudity. If we normalize nudity, it wouldn't be a big deal.
Speaker 3: Okay, but you and I naked is not normal.
Speaker 2: I mean it would be.
Speaker 3: I mean, look at people going to go to nude beaches.
Speaker 2: There there's the naked attraction on max right, that's the normalization of nudity.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I've been to nude beaches as a kid.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: We still have to walk through them to get to the yep, because of where we parked. And I'll tell you this, I'm into a nude beach in a really long time. I was at a nude beach in Italy, because you know it's Italy, everybody is naked, right yep. And if you're a slice and this doesn't apply to you, good, But I found that the people most comfortable with their bodies at nude beaches, to me, are the people that shouldn't be the most comfortable that I don't want to see the naked and I'm glad they're comfortable.
Speaker 3: I give them props.
Speaker 2: If you're not attractive and you go out there and you take clothes off you and you're comfortable, I give you all the credit in the world. It's much cheer if you're hot, right, Like, if you're a beautiful, sexy you know the world's looking at you, and you go naked.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, of course people can look at your question. You're comfortable.
Speaker 2: You're like, hey, look at me. But if I got an old beat up car, I don't go down the street going hey look at hell beat up car. I keep my head down and I drive to the next street. It's got to be given a course. I'm like, hey, look at it. But it's got to be difficult if you're a guy, because if you're a grower not a shower, then you have real you know, that could be terrible. It's a traumatic and this this things that can be judged on women, right.
Speaker 3: Or right now? I get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, but you know, I'm just saying like I feel like the only guys that go to the only guys that go to new beaches are the ones that are showers.
Speaker 3: Well, no, I've seen some.
Speaker 2: I mean again, I'm not looking, but from a distance, your eyes are at the same level. All sizes are there, All sizes are there. And again, if you're a god, bless you, and do you have to remain semi excited just to show that you have something going on there walk into a new beach just oh, you mean a person in general hypothetical question not for you with of course, for the room, for the room.
Speaker 3: Wait a second, it's just me and you.
Speaker 2: Why are we talking about other men's penises. I don't know how many other's penises. Let's not talking about penises.
Speaker 5: Know what.
Speaker 3: I'm all for parents keeping the kids.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about we have to reset the reset, reset, reset, and Brodie.
Speaker 3: I mean, there was no way for that conversation.
Speaker 2: No, there was no way in either or out or in or out or in or out in around yea prairie.
Speaker 3: The prairie dogs are fucking the prairie dogs are fucking. Wow. I would I did not run to my phone to grab the phone. So, hey, did I hear you right?
Speaker 2: You said that after this podcast is over here at nine o'clock on a Thursday night, on a Thursday in early October, that you are going to your pool after this, You're going in your pool. Yes, I've had the heater on since about five thirty tonight. The pool is a comfortable. I set it to eighty eighty three degrees, and I'll be it's seventy degrees here in New Jersey.
Speaker 3: I'll be going in. I'm gonna watch Actually I'm late for it.
Speaker 2: I'll put on my Amazon Prime on my fire stick and I will watch Thursday night football. Oh okay, bears in the commanders. Wait a second, so the semed to be former commanders. But yes, the commanders. Who has their who in the northeast still has their pool going at this with a heated pool or an indoor pool, indoor pool? I think I can't do indoor pools. Why Ah, indoor pools are not pools. They're just like, ok, yeah, they're just like the other I feel about above ground pools. No, you have above ground pools. I understand. But uh, because we grew up in Brooklyn, above ground pools were not. I don't like indoor pools. All you do is you have that stench of chlorine in the air. I hate you do have that. And you have you know what else you have? You have that that permanent steam in the air. Yeah, right and right, But I still do it. I feel ski vis what I'm going in an indoor pool. No, I'll tell you you know what. I did it a couple of winters ago. It's been a while now, maybe six seven years, but I did. When my pool was closed in the winter, I rented, uh, my wife and I rented a hotel just to get in with the kids. We went in for the pool indoor, rented a hotel. The room was like seventy bucks and we went swimming the whole day. It was great indoors. Yeah, oh my god, Who the hell goes in indoor pools?
Speaker 3: There was snow on the ground because there's a there's.
Speaker 2: A Marriotte Hilton, Marriott Marriott with a giant indoor pool, a huge dome and a beautiful indoor pool with like a dome ceiling so the sunlight would come in really nice.
Speaker 3: I'm shot.
Speaker 2: I felt like we were in a snow globe. I can't get into indoor pools. I just please. If you put a DJ on the side of the pool and some and liquore and bar service and sprinklers in the bottles, you'd be all over it. You're right, like, oh, indoor pool, you're right, you know, otherwise known as the pool after Dark and Harris in Atlantic City. Yes, yes, I was gonna bring that up. That's an indoor pool. You you're in that pool.
Speaker 3: Hold on a second.
Speaker 2: The problem the thing about that was on It's just the roof is so high up you think you're outside. It feels like you're outside. They have palm trees, trees, right, yeah, yeah, so it's not really an indoor pool.
Speaker 3: Well it is. It's an indoor pool. And you've never been to a water park. I don't like water parks. That's another thing about me. I mean water parks. I had a comedy routine.
Speaker 2: I did a thing about things that are different when you go to a water park that you accept, Like if you're if give me for instance, if you're in my pool, right.
Speaker 3: That'll never happen, so why haven't bother?
Speaker 2: But let's say you're in my pool, yeah, Or you're in a hot tub on a on a cruise ship and a and a dirty band aid goes floating by.
Speaker 3: You're getting out right, Yep.
Speaker 2: If you're at a water park and you're about to jump in the lazy river and a dirty band it goes floating by, you just wave it away, You push the water and brush it away. Yeah, because you're not getting out. You're like, I'm in a water park, that's right. So there's things at water parks you're like, Eh, if somebody jumped into my pool in their underwear, I would throw them out of my house.
Speaker 3: I'd get out.
Speaker 2: But if you at a water park and some dude jumps in with his whitey tighty whities, I'm like that fucking you're okay with it? This chlorine, it's flowing. The water is moving so fast. The water that hit his underwear went by me in seventy miles an hour. It's already gone.
Speaker 3: So if man, okay, so okay.
Speaker 2: Remember that time that I was down in Atlantic City at the Golden Nugget and it was ninety five degrees in the middle of August, and then someone dropped the Golden Nugget. Someone know, someone dropped it. They turned the place into the Brown Nugget.
Speaker 3: The Brown Nugget.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, they dropped a little nugget in the in the pool, A nug A nug What do you I mean? Obviously everyone out of the pool at that point. It was blazing hot, and that was a freaking awful day. Would you would you get out of the pool if they just allowed you to continue to be in it?
Speaker 3: Oh, I would know. I would get out of the pool.
Speaker 2: It's not a water park. I'm just saying, there's there's health reasons. They make you get out for health reasons. They had a shot because the charticles float around.
Speaker 3: You can die from that ship. I'm getting out.
Speaker 2: They should.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they had a shock to pool, everything everywhere. It was everybody out of the water.
Speaker 2: As if the ship in the pool wasn't enough of a shot on the hottest day of the year. They did that, well, somebody did it. Yeah, they dropped the deuce. The deuce is loose in the at the brown nugget, the brown nugget.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been to a doctor or an expert at something that gave you really bad advice?
Speaker 3: I was. I was a physical therapy.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm just still you know, I go a couple of days a week to keep my knee loose.
Speaker 3: It's stiffened up on me.
Speaker 2: And so one of the exercises that I have to do is I have to strap like a very tense rubber band type thing velcor around each ankle right, so it's like my ankles strap to each other.
Speaker 3: Then you're connected by two rubber bands.
Speaker 2: So the exercise is you crab walk right, so you stretch like your let's say, your right leg to the right, and then you you bring your left leg over, slide your you know, take a giant step to the side and then you slide your right leg over your second leg over to catch up. That makes sense, right, picture that. Yes, the first time I did it this particular exercise, I had an assistant, so not a not a physical therapist, but a whatever they call the assistance they're training.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: So she says to me, Okay, what you're gonna do is you're going to take a large step to the right with your right leg right foot, and then a small step with your left This is dead, No, it's just a stump to the left. Yeah, and then you gent did the right Okay, she says, so take it just that. So do that three times, take a law a large step with your right leg and then a little step with your left leg. Large step to the right with your right leg, and a little step you left leg. So I said, you know, if I listened to you, I'm gonna fall over in three steps.
Speaker 3: Right. What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: I said, At some point, I've taken nine feet of steps with my right foot and three feet of steps at my left foot, and I'm gonna split.
Speaker 3: Rip my hamstring.
Speaker 2: You have to take the same length step with both legs, with both feet, and she stands, she goes, Then she does it herself and goes, oh yeah, oh yeah, that's right. Oh you can't take large steps small step, large step, small step, you'll fall over. Good thing.
Speaker 3: I was there to tell the expert how to get me physical therapy.
Speaker 2: You imagine that.
Speaker 3: You know I'm not the first person she told us too. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, as I'm leaving physical therapy on Monday, a guy with a logo shirt for the place I'm going to. He's wearing the shirt he works there. He's holding a hacksaw. He gets off the elevator. He's holding a hacksaw. You know what a hacksaw is?
Speaker 3: Scary? Right, Yeah, because that was the first name of Jim Duggan. Yeah, as Jim Duggan.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So he's holding a hacksaw he used to hold walk them. So he's walking by. I go, oh, crap, what exercise is that for?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Obviously I'm joking. He woud a straight face. He says, no, it's it's not for an exercise. There's a pipe that needs to be cut. Dude, you really thought I thought it was for an exercise. You really thought I was like, oh, some people are some people taking a hand to take it literally Yeah, We're gonna do a hand exercise where I give some old guy who has athritis a hack saw to loosen up his wrist muscles.
Speaker 3: I mean, come on, come on, point, come on, come on.
Speaker 2: So I'm doing.
Speaker 3: Uh you go. Then you didn't do breaking news. I didn't do breaking news. Breaking news.
Speaker 2: Now, hold on, I gotta, I gotta, I gotta get you. Oh, I gotta get it.
Speaker 3: I got.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 3: Let's so get breaking news. That ghetto right there?
Speaker 2: Come on, Mary Well, this is a breaking news sounder. Time you played like sounds I could have actually, yeah, and you just you just played off your phone like that. That's Jenkins, You're a jankity. What is the first year podcast?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So what is this?
Speaker 3: Breaking news? Breaking News?
Speaker 2: Episode two seventy two with the Brooklyn Boys Podcast. I'm David Brody sitting in my bedroom in front of a table and a monitor, witnessing scary Jones. Is pile of papers and crap is back on the table behind him.
Speaker 3: Yes it is. It looks crappier.
Speaker 2: Whatever I had to do, I had to do a wash, so I had to I had to wash my clothes and then you had to wash your papers. Now to wash my clothes, and they were in they were in the dryer, so I had to pull them out of the drying the papers. The papers were all in your dryer. Yeah, stack of papers with my dryer. That's right stage, that's storage for me. So I got, oh shit, I have to do a little laundry. So I had to take him out of the dryer where they were, and here they are back on the table. Okay, so when the wash is done, you gonna put them back in the washing machine, I guess.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when was the last time you looked at the pile or went through the pile.
Speaker 3: It's been a long time. Actually, Uh well, and what concern is it of yours? I think you have a problem with the pile, you know.
Speaker 2: I think it strikes a nerve and I think it has something to do with a bad childhood. I think you're aggressing. I think you're repressing rather some memory. You know who you should call scary a friends at Better Help. That's right, our friends are better helps. Somebody talked to a therapist, You fill out a brief questionnaire, you get matched with a licensed therapist. This is not a commercial, by the way, this is paper. No I'm just I'm just we're doing a callback.
Speaker 3: We call this, yeah callback. Yeah. I wasn't working in a commerce. Added value was added value. So people call that's added value to them. We should tell them I did it.
Speaker 2: But but still I was doing it to say, maybe you should talk to somebody, Maybe I should.
Speaker 3: I think maybe you have a paper problem. Maybe I have a paper problem. A problem pilot, a one eyed, one horned, flying purple people eater. Maybe he'll take the papers away.
Speaker 8: The Brooklyn Boys podcast, we will be right back.
Speaker 2: Uh, so we have before we get into some talkbacks, I wanted to tell you what happened on the Morning Show today that you would be very, very disappointed with. This is not in true David Brody form. You overpaid for something well that was not as good as money.
Speaker 3: We starts with a breakfast order, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: Always the worst breakfast orders ever is that Morning Show. Even though you guys move studios and you don't go to the same place anymore, people can't get orders right for breakfast. Someone sent the uber eats out the or to the group order at seven point thirty. Yeah, at seven forty five, we placed the orders. I was sound asleep at that time God.
Speaker 3: Seven forty five replaced the order.
Speaker 2: They said, I'll be ready to pick up at eight fifteen, No problem, they'll drive it around boom, it'll be here by eight thirty.
Speaker 3: David Brody's reasonable. What ended up happening?
Speaker 2: The order never showed up and then the driver ghosted us. Had no phone number, no contact phone number. The order was just sitting there, never got completed it was, or if it did, I don't know whatever happened. My point is I went breakfastless this morning. David Brody, Oh my god. He okay, I was right right, malnourished. I mean an emergency room. Did they rush you too, starved? It sucks man, you didn't have a flagel. But we were looking. I was looking. We were looking forward to breakfast this morning. It was a good one from a really great diner that was across on the east Side. And it wasn't the diner's fault because when we called the diner to track it down, they were like, oh, yeah, that guy left here about maybe you know a half hours old. Your fo okay, but how do you know that lying? How do you know they never gave the guy the food? And they're blaming the uber Etz guy. Well, we think that at that hour of the morning, these uber eats people like to triple and quadruple dip where they'll go pick up from different restaurants a bunch of orders, an order from here, an order from there, and then go deliver.
Speaker 3: It after the case, after the fact. You understand, you'll understand.
Speaker 2: Ye, So we decided, all right, we'll cancel the order, get a refund. So Andrew cancels the order and gets a refund.
Speaker 3: David Brody m h.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, that's where the story ends, and that's where I got angry because.
Speaker 3: I wait a minute, Wait a minute, you got a refund, got.
Speaker 2: A full refund. It was a big order for like people. It was like one hundred not even exactly. David Brody, Hello, what's not even? So I wrote in.
Speaker 3: The group chat exactly that he wrote even is not even? I said.
Speaker 2: They were like, okay, So that Andrew says, they gave it, got a full refund. Sorry everybody, Elvis Da Rand puts a check mark. Danielle says wow, and then Scotty B is like, oh great, great, we'll try tomorrow. And then Scotty B was complacent and then andrews, people have gone you you people have gone to hell since I left. Well, then Andrew goes, yep, cash is being deposited back into the account.
Speaker 3: And then I said agree, I said, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 2: They should give me an extra one for the stress, anxiety, wasted time, wasted time, lack of nourishment, and overall ruining of our day. Absolutely, after all, even if not even we need free to desert. I wrote that there in the group chat, and then yet nobody followed up. So I'm pissed we could be. That's a case, Slices, where you don't just know an hour and a half later you just take your fun, guys, because not only is the hour and a half goes by, but now I'm fucking starving, right. You can't just give the money back and be like, yeah, we fucked you. Is your money back? No, that's not even what am I talking guys, and Slices, you know better than that. But Andrew said, well, wait a second, that money's gonna come out of Uber eats his pocket And it wasn't their fault. It wasn't their fault, it was I said, it's squarely on. It's squarely their fault. It's not the it's not the restaurant's fault. In fact, and more importantly, the uber eats driver now gets to eat the food exactly. Didn't even show up late and cold, right, So either the restaurant lied and told the Uber EAT's guy, we don't have the order, just leave, or the eats people that looked if Uber Eats took the blame and gave your refund, then they're admitting they picked up the food. Correct.
Speaker 3: They may have given it to the wrong office.
Speaker 2: Correct. Well you know what, my my, my breakfast order this morning actually was perfect.
Speaker 3: What did you have? Well?
Speaker 2: I got up at eleven am, walked into my kitchen and I ate some leftovers from the night before. They were just the way I made them the night before, and all of it was delivered right on time. And I gave myself a tip.
Speaker 3: Good for you. Oh, by the way, speaking of tipping and cash, I went for lunch today. Scary.
Speaker 2: Remember I said I had dinner plans I couldn't record tonight. I moved my my moved my dinner with my cousin. I was the same cousin from the Dollar six story. We went and we had lunch at a diner and I left the cash tip this time.
Speaker 3: Oh look at you.
Speaker 2: Me evened it out, Hey, big spender. Let's get some talkbacks on yes. Oh, let me just tell you before we talked back. Last week, we got so many talkback scary and I played a couple of them after the podcast ended, and one of them was from our friend Sean. He's a Slice and Sean's a big fan and he works part time in Brooklyn, and so he was gonna go get some stuff. Anyway, Sean bought a Halloween costume from me on Facebook. Oh nice, and he responded he was punctual. He answered, he didn't ask dumb questions. It was available because they knew it was available, and I sold it to him. I met him at a neutral location and we had a great conversation and I said, look, we happened to have played your talkback, but we didn't have.
Speaker 3: We couldn't have. We didn't have time to fit it in.
Speaker 2: But he went to Llenb's Pomoni Gardens today or yesterday sent me pictures. He said was the best square Slice he's ever had. Man, Sean, Sean, what up?
Speaker 3: All right? Here's a man after your own heart attack. Yeah yep.
Speaker 2: If you listen to my heart radio app, click the microphone and now this is from episode two seventy one, some commentary, gotta.
Speaker 8: Be naked talk Hey Brooklyn boys, Slice for Life. This is Maryland from Omaha listening to episode seventy one from Maryland. Oh, scary, you totally got fucked Robin should have been invited. I am so sorry, Like that is really that has really fucked up. And Brody, that that show you were talking about the penis and the bodies, that is hilarious.
Speaker 3: I need to watch that show.
Speaker 2: Love you guys.
Speaker 8: Slice for Life, all right, thank you.
Speaker 3: I like the way I mentioned Vagina is also but she didn't.
Speaker 9: Sorry I forgot to say.
Speaker 8: It's Marlon from Omaha. But that that TV show, Brody, that is super funny. Like that is hilarious. I don't have that channel, but I almost want to get that channel because that is really good and scary.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, you got fucked.
Speaker 8: Over and I would be hurt and offended too. And love Robin and love you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, love you Sly for showing here from Newton Scary.
Speaker 10: I'm sorry you're wrong with the whole plus one It's not about you and what how you we're going to feel. It's about the bride and groom on that day.
Speaker 2: I yeah, you.
Speaker 10: Got a lot of crap for it on the morning show.
Speaker 2: Nope, and.
Speaker 11: You're wrong.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 10: I hate to say your bullshit, bullshit. I love you guys, bullshit again, keep going.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Sean, I love you too, buddy. But keep in mind, if they love me enough because enough to vite invite me to their wedding, their love for me should far exceed my choice and guest. And that's the that's the end of that.
Speaker 3: They don't love your guests, they love you.
Speaker 2: Don't matter, though they they should know that I'm going to pick somebody that's.
Speaker 3: Nice to be running in a decade.
Speaker 2: This could be wedding of the year's celebrity wedding, don't matter. I should be able to feel comfortable at their wedding and they should be mindful of my feelings.
Speaker 3: But you should also be comfortable.
Speaker 10: A context to my last talk back, I am in my early forties, single, no kids, been to weddings. I understand scary you you want to have a good time out of people you loveds wedding, but It's about the people's wedding.
Speaker 12: Not you.
Speaker 2: Sorry, no, disagreet love you gosh no. If it was in Boys for Life, if it was about the couple, then they would just lope. But it obviously is about the wedding and having everybody there and their guests and their family. And as a host of any party, you should make your guests feel welcome.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I rest my case.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, hey Brooks and boys. Rebecca from Jersey here slice toly. This is to address Nick, the asshole who was going in on Brody about the one dollar and six cents. First of all, it's his dollar and six cents, so he can complain about it all he wants, and learn to argue better. When you argue, make sure your argument does not support the point of the person you're arguing with. All right, good job, Nick, get better.
Speaker 3: Wow, Okay, let's not.
Speaker 2: Let's not. Let's not curse each other. I love how the slices are turning on each other. They're attacking. This is becoming a YouTube comment thread. I love the support and if you guys want to send the people are wrong, just don't be too harsh on the comments because we love Nick Doo.
Speaker 3: Even though in the particular.
Speaker 2: But that's what people do in comments on Facebook and YouTube Facebook, and they find them.
Speaker 3: They get the same team here. Wait slices, wait, wait till things become racial.
Speaker 7: Hit hit the next goal, Brittain Scary Jamie from Queen's Here. Brodie, I caught.
Speaker 10: That great Ghostbusters reference that went right over Skeary's head as you talked about the water and the rain in New York City.
Speaker 7: Dogs and cats living together.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 5: I love that movie.
Speaker 7: I was watching it the night before you guys put out that episode. Thank you, great callback.
Speaker 2: Breddy, love you.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 2: By the way, Sean credited me as quoting Ghostbusters too.
Speaker 3: Nope, that was Ghostbuster.
Speaker 5: Some boys, says Paul, and until Sonny Florida Today. I just want to give a little heads up to the Talk Back Show episode two seventy one. All those people saying it's only a dollar six. Fuck that. I'm side Tom with Brody. I worked at a dollar tree. A dollar six is a lot. I want people get arrested over it. No joke. Slice to Life, shout out the one Valdez fuck.
Speaker 3: Dale, Oh, the one Valdez fan club.
Speaker 5: I k Brooklyn boys. It's Paul from not till Sunny in Florida again. I just want to say, scary, bring back the old I DS I miss here and I'm listening to the old episodes again. Y'all played so many I haven't heard any of those in years. Scary all right.
Speaker 2: And by the way, Sean would like the listening order jingles that I've been asking for for for a year.
Speaker 3: Okay, dang god, we're no more unus jokes. Wow.
Speaker 2: I was not a fan of that segment.
Speaker 13: Okay, No, okay, your friendly neighborhood mailman here, John Long Island, Brody, all these people ganging up on you, I'm with you, man, Now we're gonna do with that. I'm gonna take that McDonald's that might get that ninety nine ice coffee, And all I need is two more pennies. I can get any size than I want, large ice whatever. For the records, you wanted to be charge of a penny, so really it's a dollar five. So all these people don't know how to do maths. I got you, Brody, spice for life.
Speaker 3: Ye thank you.
Speaker 2: By the way, that dollar, all I need is a dollar to dream. That dollar could have been the winning lotto ticket Power Bowl.
Speaker 14: Scary Birdie, Birdie, scary jan from nWay see here. Scary. You should absolutely feel offended about having Robin not be invited to the wedding. That is a reason not to go in my opinion. Yep, you've been here with her for a long time and you should at least get the invite, the option of her being invited. Yeah, definitely, do not go to that wedding. Big fans, Slice for Life.
Speaker 3: Nice Brokennoy, GEO Rockland County.
Speaker 12: I think we found somebody more fucking annoying than that valdezk guy.
Speaker 15: This fucking Nick guy. He's making me sick to my stomach.
Speaker 3: Green now anyway, love you guys, Lights to Life. That was from episode through seventy one later.
Speaker 2: That guy's fantastic. Let's go easy on Nick. But that guy, I don't think he's called before. He's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah. What was his first name?
Speaker 16: Do you remember?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: He's like, I'm from Rockland County. What a great voice.
Speaker 17: Oh the way, way way, Yeah, that's scary. That's the wands on the wish you house right now. Fourth quote, scary. You should already have your big boy pants on. There's no excuse, just go still, wedding mana, be happy for the couple of fun. Can you imagine if everyone who's got a single invitation for ships and giggles are like, you know what, let's just give.
Speaker 5: Them all plus month.
Speaker 17: Let's say a couple more thousand more dollars come on, scary mana bro.
Speaker 18: Hi, Guys, it's Hannah from North Carolina, formerly of Jersey. When I agreed with Brody about the dollar six, it wasn't because I'm part of a tribe. Even though my name is Hannah, I'm one hundred percent of Sicilian.
Speaker 2: That's why I she just wanted to clarify I'm not a jew.
Speaker 3: Honey, Honey, I know we're gonna be late for dinner.
Speaker 2: We have reservation. We got to leave this time cheapest Sicilian. Just want to let everybody know. Right, And by the way, Hannah, you can be Jewish and Sicilian ones or religion ones in nationality correct. I might take a twenty three days?
Speaker 9: Hey, Brooklyn boy is this is Becky from Phoenix. I normally never watch show recommendations, especially not you know, reality shows or game shows, but that Jenne's Halia show that you discussed. I had to see what it was all about and it was something else. It was so matter of fact, you know, there was no tiptoeing around the descriptions. You know, the contestants were, Oh, that guy's too big, and that girl's got a big bush, and that guy sack is too low. It was the funniest thing I watched in a long time. Thanks for the suggestion, Sice for Life.
Speaker 3: There you go, They're very welcome. That's British humor.
Speaker 19: Too, Jamie from Queens Again. I just wanted to say, a woman deciding if she wants a day a guy based on his junk, that's nuts.
Speaker 2: Hio.
Speaker 11: Hey, what's up Brooklyn boys, Garry Brody about that wedding that you got invited to?
Speaker 5: Scary?
Speaker 11: I think it's just a common courtesy, even if you don't know the other person's plus one, it's just a common courtesy. So in them as a plus one.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 11: And to me, it's not like they don't know that you're with Robin, because it's not like you don't mention her on the show.
Speaker 20: Hey, guys, Ryan from Connecticut, listen, Scary. It is just a dollar. It's Brodie's fucking dollar.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 20: I'd rather give the server an extra five dollars than give the fucking restaurant who already got my money one more fucking dollar. And Walmart puts a charge on your fucking receipt for just a dollar six? Are you just gonna accept it because it's just a dollar?
Speaker 3: The fuck apples and oranges.
Speaker 2: It's not the same thing. It's not the same thing that was he quoted William Spakes Shakespeare right there. You heard him at the end when he said the fuck out of here, thank you.
Speaker 21: What's up, Brooklyn boys, It's Maddie from Brooklyn and the Bronx. I can't even Brody and Scary today because I'm mad.
Speaker 2: What the fuck?
Speaker 21: Brody? No discounts for Yankees fans. I'm not even a baseball person like that. I'm a soccer person, but fuck you know, discounts for the Yankees. Second of all, Scary, let's talk about this wedding, whether you got invited with the plus one or not. Why are you so adamant that Robin has to go? You can't go without her. You're not your own person. Come on, buddy, let's go.
Speaker 3: It's fantastic. Fair enough, fair enough.
Speaker 22: I Brody and Scary, Scary, Brodie It's Deays from Connecticut, leading feedback on episode two seventy one scary one million percent agree with you on the plus one invite. I think it's kind of messed up that someone would invite you to their wedding and not know if you have a significant other. I just think it's an appropriate thing and a nice thing to do. Good gesture to invite someone that you love enough to have at your wedding, and you should know if they have a plus one. That's just me and I don't know. I would be pissed too. I agree with you. Fucked Dell and fuck them for not inviting a plus one.
Speaker 2: Sorry Robin, they go fuck that again.
Speaker 22: From Connecticut. Just wanted to let you guys know that I was upset to see Tacoma FD try to rip off Brody about his fart water. I hope you ask him, and I hope you understands what this message means because I sent him a DM on Instagram and uh, they're they're doing fart water jokes man. I really hope that some residual payments here they're better besing cast flow into the brook and he could set up some new merchant that merch shop.
Speaker 3: That's all about. Okay.
Speaker 2: So I've never watched the show Tacoma f D, which I guess is the Fire Department of Tacoma, Washington. But in the end the scene, I think it's a comedy. I don't think it's a reality show whatever. The guy is standing up talking to the other firefighters. He goes, I can't believe you drink this flavored water stuff, you know, like whatever, the carbonated flavor water.
Speaker 3: Everybody makes it right now, right, He says.
Speaker 2: Let me show you how you make this stuff that you're paying for your drinking. He takes some fruit and he squeezes the juice in his mouth, and he takes the bottle of water.
Speaker 3: He puts it by his ass and he goes back there you go.
Speaker 2: He didn't say fort water, but he he acted out farting with a bottle.
Speaker 3: So so Brooklyn.
Speaker 21: Is Maddie from Brooklyn and the Bronx cigare unlike Maddie from Queens and everybody else. I'm not over here counting Brodie's money.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 21: Everybody's talking about it's a dollar. It's just a dollar, a dollar six, But that's fucking Brodie's dollar. Do I give a shit about the dollar. No the fuck I don't because it's a dollar. But does Bertie, Yes, he does, because that's the person he is. That's the person we.
Speaker 3: Love cheap best s faust in his money, it's his dollar.
Speaker 12: Hey guy, that's how you doing this?
Speaker 2: Gilbert down here from the state of Texas.
Speaker 23: Why sure, I'm glad you guys didn't get washed off to see what all that rain you had up there, and last week it.
Speaker 24: Ain't rain to drop down here in Texas, Drs.
Speaker 25: Bone.
Speaker 24: But anyway, I'm sure I am tired of hearing about that steak dinner by that steak dinner once and for all.
Speaker 6: Will you it?
Speaker 24: Just want steak dinner. He's not asking for a whole of short chops and sausages. And but nobody's in Canos, Alp just won't steak Benee, you owe it to him. That is a put on because a caricature of oh my.
Speaker 15: God, scary. This is Harris from Norton, New Jersey. Nick, you're being a dick. Bertie was saying, let me know before you charged me the dollar.
Speaker 3: He didn't.
Speaker 15: He's not upset that it was a dollar. He's upset that he didn't tell him first. You got to listen to the episode once again.
Speaker 2: This is Harris.
Speaker 3: Harris was so nice, Harris.
Speaker 12: Hey fellas, it's back to episode two and seven. Then I believe it's a correct terminology with me. Yeah, flow at fart. You don't take a part, or you don't believe a fart. Well, I'll let im think about it. Maybe you might blow a farty. It might get a whiff of it and you can't take it.
Speaker 2: Who is this guy? This may be the best batch of top bats we've ever done.
Speaker 10: From Connecticut.
Speaker 2: Pretty scary scary Brody Rody.
Speaker 6: I totally agree with the dollar six That motherfucker should have rang up a penny. I've worked in a bunch of retail, bunch of everything, everything that could give you a tip, and you definitely could have done one one penny, one penny or at least five cents something like that. But I totally agree with you, all right, Rody, Scary scary bro Ah white hat again Brody, scary scary Brody. Who else that that leaves these voice messages thinks that this is way too quick to leave a fully detailed, awesome message that needs to be read or played on the show.
Speaker 3: Come on, is that how many seconds thirty.
Speaker 16: Hey Brooklyn boys, this is Bethany from a reading PA and I just need to say that this whole dollar six situation is quite ridiculous considering Brody paid I don't know two nine to roll the dice on some scandalous website. So just saying you've put your money for I did.
Speaker 3: It for the show, Clapper. I did it for the show.
Speaker 2: Good point, good callback though, But if I if I throw away my dollar sixes all the time, I wanted money for Clapper Clapper, Brooklyn boys, what's up at?
Speaker 13: Don Kron from Sandusky just wanted to give a shout out for Brody.
Speaker 3: Great recommendation on Naked Attraction.
Speaker 26: I checked it out and I'm laughing my ass off right now.
Speaker 3: I gotta see this now. It's on my radar.
Speaker 4: Hey, Brooklyn boys, boys, Brody and scary, Hey scary about talking about missing the joke. You just missed the joke that Brody just said about Kats and dog total mayhem. That's from Ghostbusters.
Speaker 3: Ghostbusters.
Speaker 4: Come on, man, thank you, hey boy, he's always brody and scary, he's scary. I do have theories and why Robin wasn't invited or you were invited with a plus one. It will be a three part theory and it'll be two seasons of it and it will be recorded later today. But I think it's on your last Instagram post you put her as your travel buddy. Not even girlfriend said, not even you know, future wife, nothing, so that.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, he's had another five coming up.
Speaker 2: I could see it. I'm just gonna skip over them. You skip over Kuan Valdez. Now let him finish his thought on this one. Oh god, hey boy, Juan Valdez.
Speaker 4: And it's always Bridian scar scary. Maybe this couple know you more than you think. May be the bride knows you more than you think. And she's like if she if he doesn't marry Robin, if he doesn't propose to Robin, not even engaged Robin, then she's not invited. I'm gonna hurt him. I'm gonna do this maliciously. She wants you to see your relationship with Robin, and hey, broken boy boy, it's always Bridian scary.
Speaker 2: Hey's scary.
Speaker 4: You want Robin to have engaged status or marriage status without actually doing the work. Unfortunately, you haven't proposed. You don't want to marry her. This is all about you, and now you want her to be invited to a friend's wedding that you are invited to because it should be logical.
Speaker 10: I don't know, my guy.
Speaker 4: You gotta put a ring on it. If you know what I'm saying, you gotta do something about it.
Speaker 3: He's cutting off.
Speaker 4: Hey is your boy about? And it's always brillian, scary, scary. I seriously hate when people say all marriages and and then divorce say that, yes, everything and the divorce or death, no even friendships, even anything. If you're together one day, you'll be separated. You know, people don't last forever. I don't understand.
Speaker 2: The voice. I don't.
Speaker 4: That's not the worst thing.
Speaker 2: You can't fuck with math.
Speaker 3: These are stats.
Speaker 4: Hey, broken boys State New York. I love them both.
Speaker 2: It's always brody and scary. I love Scary. He knows that I have enough of him scary.
Speaker 27: Christy saddlebrooks plice for life. I tak major offense. I am not cheap. I am the most generous person I know. I host Christmas and Easter. Everybody gets a gift at the play setting, whether we exchange gifts or not. There is another gift at the play setting. An easter basket filled with all your favorites at the place setting at the table in.
Speaker 3: Eastern I'm going there.
Speaker 5: It was based on principle.
Speaker 27: It's not the dollar six, it's the point he said, a pennies.
Speaker 3: And it's also the penny and the dollars, he Brody.
Speaker 12: A cheap bastardy.
Speaker 23: You know, occasionally I'll go back and listen to the prior episode because I sure do enjoy your podcast. I'll tell you what and when you were telling the story about the one dollar fiasco at the restaurant, you did tell the poor fellow to bring you up for a penny or whatever he had to do, and he did whatever he had to do. Oh, when you're wrong, you're wrong, just like herbal instances all over again.
Speaker 2: He's rooting touting us bright.
Speaker 5: Scary scary Brody.
Speaker 26: When are you guys going to have another podcast in person? Still waiting on one. It's been a while, but so scary. Cut the slack and stop going on vacation.
Speaker 6: For a while.
Speaker 2: Wow, I think this here, man too late.
Speaker 5: We're going big.
Speaker 26: Wait another goddamn week.
Speaker 2: Not my fault, the big show. We're on vacation, vacation all next week. Yeah, this is the added post Brody vacation week. We are on vacation all next week. Hey, Brody and Scary truck or Sam here.
Speaker 3: I just gotta say, everybody talking.
Speaker 2: About that, it's only a dollar six where you can tip.
Speaker 3: Think about it.
Speaker 20: If that restaurant did that to one hundred people, then that is a one hundred dollars that they made free and clear without having to do anything.
Speaker 3: That is hundred profit for them. I do not agree with that. Okay, he's right, one hundreds.
Speaker 25: Scary and Brody Brody and Scary Scary. I agree with you about the plus one. They should not make assumptions that you don't have anybody in your.
Speaker 2: Life, thank you.
Speaker 25: Uh they shout to leave you know, I'm leave you in a position where you know you wound up going to the wedding by herself. You at least go with somebody if they're worried about was no play on.
Speaker 3: That cut off? Sorry about that last couple.
Speaker 27: Christy again, Slice for Life, Scary. You should have called the flag Ol Bagel place. You could have called them during a commercial. It would have taken a minute just to tell them, hey guys, you made a mistake, and they could have offered you some free flagels. At the very least at the next time you went in there, they would have given you a free flagel number one.
Speaker 18: Number two. Don't go to the.
Speaker 27: Wedding or contact the bride and or groom.
Speaker 26: And say Robin was a little.
Speaker 27: Offended that she wasn't invited to your wedding.
Speaker 2: Why would I start, Who's Robin scar.
Speaker 3: Last one?
Speaker 25: Scaring bro? You brit ain't scary? This is a Fernando from what Bridge? Quick question? Is Nika that attraction a sponsor? No is a max sponsor?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 25: Here's that you just uh bombarded their ratings. Love you guys take care of it.
Speaker 2: So he thinks, oh, he thinks that they're a sponsored and we were just it's like kind of like just slipping it in there, like.
Speaker 5: The room.
Speaker 3: We did it. We helped.
Speaker 2: The ratings were huge when I found out about it. That's why I brought it to the show. That's why I watched it because people were talking about it. I have my ear to the grounds, to the grindstone, I have my finger on the pulse, my eyes on the penis vagina.
Speaker 3: Do you do whatever?
Speaker 2: And the prairie dogs too. The Prairie Dogs are fucking jez. What do we say A prairie doggy style is the name of the podcast. That's the name of it, Prairie Dog And we'll see you in a couple of weeks because I gotta go pack right now.
Speaker 3: It's scaries on the post Brody vacation week. I'm sorry. I wish they could take you with me. Brody. Oh you could have instead of Robin. I give you your plus one. Actually, I'm just saying that. I'm giving you lip service. Oh, I'll take what i can get. I don't want your modification.
Speaker 2: You're jet bastards.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna ask my dad.
Speaker 2: I'm going out with the boogie bastards, the Brooklyn Guys Boys Brooklyn Boys, b