Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros m LB, brought to you right here by Prize Picks. It is leading off time. Happy Opening Day, everybody. We got there. We did it. We're here. Let the marathon begin. It's me Joey Pen of course, the Welsh joining me, and all the Peanuts and the cracker Jacks in the chat and all of you were watching live but also listening, and I encourage everybody to listen live watch us live on our YouTube channel, which, by the way, we called our shot yesterday and we hit it out of the park. Welsh. We were at twelve thousand subscribers. Thank you everybody out there. Well done. When we get to fifteen thousand, I will wear a wig of Welsh's choice. So if that's not motivation, Welsh, I don't know what is.
Speaker 2: Happy baseball say yeah, I'm ecstatic. It's Opening Day. I was shocked by the way when I got the message last night that we'd hit twelve because Joe kept hitting these markers. He's like, Hey, we're gonna do this. I'm like, all right, buddy, we'll do that. And he's like, now we're gonna do this, and I'm like, all right, all right, I'm gonna stop not believing in what you say one hundred percent, but I do love did you say just on record at any time this season when we hit fifteen, then uh, that wig is on.
Speaker 1: K subs we I mean it's only three thousand away now, which seems like nothing. I mean at this point, I mean, forget it, because we've got the Waiver Wire videos going on, We've got the uh, we've got your trade videos every single week too, So it's not just leading off. We're full service baseball. Got the short videos, we got the big time leading off show every single day, we got fantasy talk, we got wagering talk, and who knows, could be a girl scout wig could be I don't know, could be some eighties hair metal band fighting situations.
Speaker 2: I was personally thinking, like presidential, like.
Speaker 1: The oh that's a good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know, like the curl. That's what I was going with.
Speaker 1: You mean, we'll see, we'll see what you mean, like old school George Washington, helmet.
Speaker 2: Thanking George Washington, Like I I think that would be a good lie.
Speaker 1: Well, I will tell you to be a voice that goes along with that wig.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, I'll tell you though maybe like a good hair band actually might like good hair metal ban like eighties hair metal that actually might be the But we got to get there, so you guys know what to do.
Speaker 1: Cousin Donnie back in the chat too. I'm gonna be visiting cousin Donnie in just a few hours, actually, in about twenty four hours, I'll be in Arizona visiting him. So, Cousin Donnie back in the chat, I don't know what kind of wigs he's got. That terrifies me. Let's get to baseball, folks. Let's talk about the headlines. First, good news, wander Franco in the lineup, Wan Soto in the lineup. Here's an interesting note based off some conversation while should I just had. Recently, the Braves and Orlando Arcia agreed to a three year, seven point three million dollar deal. What does this mean for Von Grissom.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it means the thing that we was implied when he was sent down. He will not be the shortstop of this team. I don't think it went well, even though I think he worked with the I think it was Ron Washington and the off season it was there were good positive comments that were set around it, but like, clearly there was something deeper with this tells me. And by the way, let's also not pretend like that deal would preclude him from being a shortstop in the future and he could be a super util and you know, like a lockdown thing if he doesn't work out. But to me, I think that's gonna mean Von Grissom is going to be learning and playing some other positions because it looks like they kind of got their defensive guy here for the near future. But who knows. I don't think it's super great. And I woke up and saw that and went okidoki, Happy opening datea von Grissom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Von Grissmy, go bye your dioasty shares cheap right now on Von Gerson. By the way, Chris Evans Captain America in the chat here thirteen thousand subs and Joe wears Scott Steiner's chainmail gimmick. I'm all for that. I'll wear the sunglass and the whole thing. That would be hilarious. I'm in for it. That might be harder to secure, but we'll figure it out. I'll go to home depot, we'll get some something I don't know what is it. What is it? Scott Steiner used to wear the chain mail headdress. Oh my god, yeah no, end of w CW. Big Papa pump Era.
Speaker 2: Would you do the beard he does?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'll do the goate. Yeah, I'll do that in like a couple hours. Come on, Carl. That all right? More headlines here. The Pirates still in negotiation with Brian Reynolds. He is a big trade chip to fall at some point in this season. Fire and Buxton hitting third opening day. More lineup stuff too, Jazz Chisholm hitting in the cleanup spot. That's interesting against Sureser today, Josh Young hitting fifth, Derek Hall for the Phillies also batting cleanup, and Jordan Walker in the lineup, hitting eighth. Another news worthy topic to the Mets are not planning to name a closer now book Showalter. I saw his comments yesterday, Welsh. It was basically like, yeah, Robertson's the most experienced guy, probably gonna be a lot more roberts in, but he seemed kind of open to some other folks in there. So what do you think about this Mets closer position? Is this something even worth investing in at all? Or you're just kind of holding your breath waiting till they make a move eventually for a bed Ner or somebody else.
Speaker 2: I do think they're gonna make a move. I think at some point they're going to make this move. But I was never sold, like everybody else that David Robertson was the anointed one. I thought Adam Otovino would be someone that would get a look, and it kind of looks like that's going to be the thing. I think there's multiple of these situations. The Mets just happened to be like the best team with a weird closer situation. Well, i'd also say the Phillies. Phillies, I don't know if they've anointed Kimberl the guy, but they got Sir Anthony, they got Soda. There's a couple of those that, like investment is in, I would go and pick up just out of like you know, pure speculation, but it's going to happen. We've also got like the diamondback situation, which is not guaranteed. Kevin Ginkle might be the guy, but they got a million others today and tomorrow probably going to be big storytellers for us of like who we're trying to speculate on saves, and I'm not surprised that this one at all, because people were bumping robertson up to like the one eighties.
Speaker 1: I know, I was like, let's I think he's a fine patchwork guy if you're waiting on Doran or you're waiting on Munos to get the job for like April into May. By the way, if you ginkle, when your tinkle, make sure you keep it neat and wipe the seat. That's always a good thing to remember out there.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, I miss this, miss even this, even even this the dad thing.
Speaker 1: But now normally at this point in the show we do three up and three down, which is the best of the stat people. But we don't have any stats because while it's opening day. So instead figure we throw out some milestones for you, which some are very easily attainable, some are kind of surprising.
Speaker 2: Where we're These are season milestones that players can set.
Speaker 1: Season milestones that people can cash in on. Here, so Zach Granki is one hundred and eighteen k's away from three thousand Welsh? Does he get it? Oh, we'll rapid fire these, yes, okay, so yes to that one Kershaw one hundred and ninety three away from three k also three wins shy of two hundred, so he'll get the two hundred wins. Will he get to the one hundred and ninety three k's.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say no on the k's, yes, obviously on the winsay, this is fun.
Speaker 1: Verlander one hundred and seventy three k's away from tenth all time. That's pretty stunning when you think about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's yes anything with Verlanders a years.
Speaker 1: He's also six win shy of two fifty sures or is one hundred and seventy eight k's away by the way from also getting too around that mark. We also have Adam Wayne Wright five wins away of two hundred, so that's an interesting one as well. I assume we get five wins out of Wayne right this year? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean there's part of it pretty low bar. Yeah, but it's pretty low bar. He'll get there.
Speaker 1: Miguel Caberra ninety six hits away from fifteenth all time. Yeah, okay, and the last couple here, we got some closers kimberl which is funny because my phone actually has a last Night if you notice it went to Kimberly kimber Kimbral. Yeah, so it definitely autocorrected. So Kimberly is six saves away from four hundred, and Kimberly Jansen is nine saves away from that mark as well. We assume both will get that.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I mean Kimberly I think is the diceiest one there. I'm not worried about Jansen, but I'm just still not garing. I don't know. I don't know that Kimberl has this all lockdown, and you know they can move away from a guy real easy if Kimberl has any struggles. That Philly team has no time to no patience, and you got Soto and Sir Anthony. But yeah, I mean, for argument's.
Speaker 1: Sake here, it's pretty close. Doctor Glenn in the chat eight minutes into the show, and no mention of Oltani a new record it might be, but don't expect it to last Q now. Chris Evans, by the way, continues to kill it in the chat. I see that Michael Harris batting seventh today against Patrick Corby. Miken Dolen says, to anyone who drafted him in the third round of main leads, you know, this is one of the guys that I think was collect throughout there, right on one of our shows about you know, worrying about him returning that value, not being a good player, not being a good investment, but being a good investment in that return. Braves lineup is loaded. What do you think about this spot where he's hitting today, Well.
Speaker 2: You know it was actually gonna like turn it into something else. This is also going to be a moment for everybody to not have absolute panic attacks today because you know, take for perfect example, I can already feel it if it doesn't work Corbyn Carroll today. They haven't released the Diamback's lineup, but he's a lefty going up against Julio Arias. That might not work out so great today. You're gonna see some platuny things. One game. Is it going to be the be all end all? I would say the same thing about Michael Harris. He like everybody's main starter out today. So if there's one big struggle struggle, I don't think there's a victory lap necessarily for like Michael Harris hitting seven or anything like that either. But I don't like it. I don't want him to be hitting six or seven all season. I'd like him to move up, as I would Carol as well if he's hitting low.
Speaker 1: All right, So a lot of Harris chat here in right now, and again if you're listening back to the show. We understand some of you have real jobs. We understand a lot of you actually have lives too, I've been told. But we love when you even just you know, once a week you pop in here live with us. We love chatting with you here live on the franc Ros MLB channel. Now. Also a new part of the show this year is going to do some prize picks, which again is going to tie into dfs. It's going to tie into your daily setting lineups, all those things. When you have opening day Welsh, it's always tricky because you have all the best pitchers going on the same day, so you got all the aces out there, You've got uncertainty regarding innings, regarding pitch counts, you have some weird things that typically do happen as well. So to me, opening day is one of those days, especially in this universe, where like you enjoy baseball, you watch the baseball, but be very careful in what you're investing in and play your studs don't overthink in all that good stuff, but Opening day can be a little bit of a bizarre day and a very difficult one, especially today if you're playing DFS or if you're making prize picks as well. Because price Picks obviously Boom the new sponsor of the show. We want to give them some love and they want to give you some love back. So Fantasy Pros leading Off each and every day is presented by Prize Picks, the easiest and fastest way to play daily Fantasy Sports. Pick the over or under on player props and went up to twenty five times your money. Use the promo code leading Off when you sign up, and they'll match your first deposit up to one hundred dollars. That's pretty good. So, Wels, you've got some prize picks. I've got some prize picks. Let's talk about them and what they mean for Opening Day.
Speaker 2: Yes, I put a little prize pick out there for you for ten times. Obviously you can go up to I believe it's five, and you can get that twenty five times. So I've got three that I'm going to put together. So if you were to put a twenty dollars down, put a twenty dollars down. You could get one hundred dollars back if you were to do these. And here are my four Pablo Lopez. His strikeouts are set at four, and I think this is a great spot for Pablo Lopez to get right on the strikeout front. It's one of my more favorite strikeout props to get because it's a low number. There's some big high ones like obviously I want to be involved in like Jacob de Grom today, but that's at eight. You could obviously play the lower front if you had, but I never bet against Jacob de Gram on strikeouts on any given day. So you're paying these together. Pablo Lopez four strikeouts, take the over show, Hey Tani take the over on the strikeouts at six and a half and one of my favorites of the day, I'm locked into him, Manny Machado. They've got a hits run hits plus runs plus RBI, which is a super fun one. You know, it's a different take off of like total bases one and a half hits plus run plus RBI. So Pablo Lopez on the more, Otani on the more strikeouts, and Machado on the more hit run RBI that twenty can get you one hundred and I placed it last night. So that's my price picks for nice.
Speaker 1: There you go, by the way, before I get to my picks for the day. Thomas killing it in the chat too. Thoughts ons on my IL news with Harper and Altuve going to the ten instead of the sixty day and Liam Hendrick starting to get healthier. The Liam Hendricks thing I saw, you know, I was in a salary cap draft right about a week before the season for my home league, and Hendricks I was trying to sneak through there, but I didn't have enough money. I only had the one dollar bids left and somebody two dollared me. And I'm usually on the hammer, but it said I was the nail. So that's going to come back to haunt me, and I feel that. But the Altuve one is interesting too. I guess this's really optimism with him and Harper that maybe they are going to be back, maybe sooner than we projected. But let's just again count on two months for al Tuove, two plus for Harper still and remember they've still got a ramp up too. You know, I don't know what it's going to look like when you come back from the injuries they're coming back from. So those are important things for me real quick. On Prize Picks, Ozzy Alsby Alsie Albie's excuse me in the over on the one and a half total basis, I'm going to be trolling the Cubs today, which is not going to be something new. And Marcus Stroman twenty six point five here for the under on his pitcher fantasy score, which is a fun one. So you like fantasy stuff, it's right in your wheelhouse. They got fun stuff on Price Picks, and I like this when they got the duos Corbyn Burns and Shane McClanahan thirteen and a half strikeouts over, so I can take.
Speaker 2: The two guys and see one like that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you like them apples to me, that's the gimme of the day. Let's go to some of our favorite wagers of the day too, since again we don't have a lot of stats to talk about a lot of things. Everything's gonna happen today, so we'll talk about that tomorrow on the show. But well, you've got some bets that you're thrown out there. I know I've got a few as well. I even locked in a little parlay, which I'm not a big fan of, but I did put a couple of things together that I really do like. And it's a simple one. You can throw a little bit of cash on there and make some money. Welsh, what do you have for the people?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it's funny about the parlay stuff, Like I like a lot of the you want to play around in the strikeout market, but the strikeout stuff is all like minus one forty five. You know, that's like Kotani otani strikeout number was like minus one forty five. So I felt that really hard. I think there's a lot of good money and good plus money on total bases today. So I've got a couple guys that I bet solo and I put them with one or two. If I ever like parlay stuff, I don't like to do three. I'll just give me two guys. Lock them in for better odds. Austin Riley today total bases one and a half. It's plus one oh five. I found that over on DK And of course you can find all of these numbers if you go to Betting Pros and you check out the cheat sheet, which is awesome. It'll line out, all the projected stuff, everything you can go. I like also that the sheet will throw players in my face, so then I can kind of try to go and figure out who I want.
Speaker 1: I actually filtered, especially if they just played their a little smelly too. You know you're gonna right in your face, like that's.
Speaker 2: A long exactly. I filtered it too for like plus money stuff, so it only showed me plus money. But I like Austin Riley total bases one and a half over Manny Machado again, he's in kind of everything for me today he's plus one twenty five on DK for total base one and a half over, and Wander Franco total base one and a half is plus one thirty. So those are three I really like, and I paired together kind of like you said in a parlay. I like the Atlanta team total runs at four and a half over today as they're going up against this is Tiger's right, I had a complete brain fart.
Speaker 1: Yeah I guess Tigers, Yeah, yep, so.
Speaker 2: Four and a half max free is going at Ardo Rodriguez. I love that total team and I paired that with Tampa Bay money line because I want to be invested somehow in like Seae McClanahan today, and that's why I like to price me too, So I'm finding it hard to find where I can put him. So Tampa, you can do it on Team Total.
Speaker 1: He's cheaper than a lot of the other races, which I thought was kind of we'll get to that in the second two. Here's one. We've got a lot of famous people in the chat today. Chipper Jones here too, or at least Chip Jones. I guess trying to you know, a little anonymity. Potentially. Olsen's my bet for the first home run. You know, I was gonna pick Olsen today. He does have the lefty lefty matchup, so I was a little hesitant on that, but I am picking a brave spoiler alert. We're gonna do the home run home run calls the end of the show today and we'll get the board back up and the whole thing going. And if you want to make home run calls again, Fansybros dot com s last chat, you have to join our discord and go to the home Run channel. We're giving away fabulous prizes this year for the winner. We're trying to get an overall winner prize. We're working on a All Star Break Winner prize as well, and we're gonna have monthly prizes to twenty five dollars gift cards. So again, just fun just calling home runs today. I'm looking at the over DK is good for K props today, Draftking six and a half over on Aaron Nola's strikeouts going against the Rangers. Love that one al Contra going against the metsag just four and a half. That's a very low number on DK. It's minus one twenty, but you can hit that pretty hard. I think that's basically a lot.
Speaker 2: I was staring at that one for a long time. I also want to throw out on the inverse. I believe Max Scherzer is five and a half strikeout, so he's only one more.
Speaker 1: Of the ones today one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I just want to throw those two because I stared at Alcontra a whole lot. But Scherzer was the one in that game, and that was kind of jumping out.
Speaker 1: Shane McClanahan over seven plus strikeouts here at minus one oh eight on FANDLE. You could do the teaser where you can slide the line, and I think that's about where the line is where you're getting the best bang for your buck there. I think it's a great opportunity against Detroit. I think I think he's definitely in there for eight or nine, so seven you can get it right at minus one oh eight the d Backs plus one eighty four in the money line. That's right, that's the over the La Dodgers today, Colin, that's my upset special of the day. You like them apples, Zach Dollan on the mountain, Let's go, I know you do. Atlanta minus one and a half is the minus one thirty seven over Washington. I'm in on that. I've got money on that today. Another upset special for you about the Phillies at plus one sixteen on the money line over Jacob de Grom. I don't know how many innings Jacob de Grom is gonna throw today. Let's get into the ballpen a little bit. Boys, come on, let's go. I'm just saying I think a lot of people have that one wrong. Aaron Nola's been spectacular. The limiting of Aaron Nola's walks in the last year and a half Welsh has really thrust him into fantasy. Ace conversation of like top ten guys, maybe even top five, and I feel like he still doesn't get enough credit. Why do you think that is when it comes to Aaronola.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean that's actually a really good question.
Speaker 1: Like all the numbers bear it out, like he is closer to those guys than he is the top fifteen guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, he's gone deeper into games as well. I actually wanted to bet Corey Seger today, but I just don't trust it up against Aaronola because Aeronola will absolutely pump the strike zone. He was one of those guys too. In the early draft season. I actually noticed I was lower on the consensus and I hated that because I like Aeron Nola, like over Dylan Ceese I would rather have for sure. So I'm actually avoiding and there were bets I wanted to take. Obviously, I've kind of made it known I like the Rangers this season, but I don't want to play any of them today up against Aaron Nola.
Speaker 1: Kevin Law with a question here in the chat for Discord, does it specific specified baseball. Yes, we have our Fantasy pros Discord, and then when you go in there, you'll see the baseball channels there's a million of them. There's home run, there's people looking for leagues, there's trade advice. There's a million things in there. So it's very clear where base ball and football is. Go cards wanted to know, are you making any of the predictions today? No? I did all that on another show. It's on the channel Matt Striker. Yes, that Matt Striker from ww fame, and I'm my co host at Sports Grid Weekly doing the Baseball show there. He also does the Better's Eye over at MLB Network. We did a whole thirty plus minutes about all the futures, all the teams, all the awards. Go check that out because we don't have enough time to do that today. And Chris Evans back again. He's taking it back, taking also back. He's going, Michael Harris, I like that. He's a little bit easy, you know, pushing the envelope. He's like, hey, you guys him about it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I'm not. I'm actually not fool jew. He's a homer call.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk about some dfs here today. Again. FanDuel is always a little looser. That's why sometimes it's easier to play over there. McClanahan is cheapest of all the aces on there, ten point four against Detroit, and you can make.
Speaker 2: Something yeah, because I agree with you. I'm like all McClanahan. I'm a little bit worried. Mcclanahan's exposure is going to be massively. I'll tell you why.
Speaker 1: It's because all these other because there's gonna be so much public money in today, because it's opening Day and people aren't going to dfs, are gonna be like, I love the Yankees, I want to play Garrett Cole today. I want to play Max Sure's or today, I want to play They're gonna be all into the big public teams with the big public aces. Everybody's gonna be trying to do that. I think Shane McClanahan still, just from a sharp point of view, McClanahan is a cy young candidate from the general baseball public. They look at him as a good pitcher, but they see the bigger names and they're gonna be drawn to some of those bigger names today because it's Opening Day. I think this is why you specifically go to McClanahan, because look is the are the Rays more fun to make a lineup with than the Yankees no, or the Braves. No. But I'm gonna make a lineup with the Braves, and I'm gonna make a line up with the Tampa Bay Race because those are my stacks too. So stacks today Atlanta, I want to be in Tampa. I want to also look at the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, which, by the way, is more of a DK play because in some of these Fandel games they stop at nine o'clock. They're like, you know what, we're turning in early once we hit ninety Yeah, a goal I'm in a contest today ends at nine forty the last game, then the ten o'clock game, saying no, no, it's too late for us. You don't want to stay up too late.
Speaker 2: Over on coast, it's that East coast West coast bias.
Speaker 1: The coast bias. Also the Milwaukee Brewers too. I'm going to be trolling Marcus Stroman today. I love that Brewer's lineup. The Brewers have a top five rotation. That's right, I set it. So those are all the pieces there. Now, this is typically the spot where we're gonna start talking about our home run calls. And again, this is something fun that we do with our audience, so I know everybody wants to be a part of this. Some people got into it last year. We had some monthly winners who did great. We had some people that joined and it was a real back and forth last year too.
Speaker 2: Oh right at the end, absolutely terrific stuff there.
Speaker 1: But again, go be a part of it. Make sure you're in it. And also if you're watching this video back, because if you miss part of what's going on, you're just joining us live now. You can always watch them back, and don't forget to leave a comment below because when you do, you could get a one year free premium upgrade to Fantasy Pros Premium, which is spectacular. You get all the custom advice and premium content. You get all the access to our great mock draft stuff as well the Draft Wizard premium options. Everything is part of that premium upgrade, So make sure you get that today and download my playbook to manage all of your lineups, all your waiver wire, all your trades right now. Download it for free. Check it out. It's fantastic. Now, Welsh, we want to get off to a good start with the home run contest. Last year, you and I kind of fell behind and then got up onto the board. I don't want that to happen this year. I want to hit this hard. I want to hit the ground running. So Welsh, where have you landed for your home run today?
Speaker 2: I'm waffling. I gotta tell you, I'm waffling. Someone said something that chat that's been in my brain all day because I got a guy, but I kind of want to go to the other guy. What do I do? Do? I have a coin here? I feel like I should flip here. Hold on, I'm gonna flip a coin.
Speaker 1: WHOA? All right? This is this is how you get off to head on the YouTube channel. I know.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it's all great too. All right, Heads, Heads is gonna be the guy that I put on the list, which I'm gonna tell you is Manny Machado. Tails is the guy that has been tugging at my heart strings today. And someone mentioned in chat Onell Cruz, who's playing in Cincinnati today, a little bit worried about Hunter Green, who has like a really heavy slider usage on on your cruise. But this is what we're gonna do. So Heads is going to be Machado. Tails is going to be one all ready?
Speaker 1: All right? Here we go. My god, the drama, the suspense.
Speaker 2: A Machada is a home run call. That was my original one, but my gut was pushing me towards onell.
Speaker 1: It's amazing. I mean there was a lot of drama in that. So there you go. Machado is yours? No drama for me. I'm going with Ronald Acuna, who, by the way, is I must have bat in DFS three point nine k over On Fandel and if you want to know how to get McClanahan and Acunya in lineups, TJ. Friedel. They sit in the two hole today. He's two point five. He's going against the pirates. Wander Franco is three point one, and our boy Miranda for Minnesota just two point eight. So you're getting a lot of guys. There are a lot of cheap guys over on FanDuel specially, you can really make McClanahan Acuna work. You can get that stack. I got Alby's in that lineup along with I got Albi's, Telez Miranda Rosa, Rena Acunya, We've got Friedel in there, wander Franco. It's not hard, folks, like, it's really easy to get some good lineups out there today. Now, Welsh, you know it is Opening Day and it is a special time. And I know everybody out here is listening in the chat and watching live right now too. You know you have your Opening Day things that you're excited to see. What's the Welsh excited to see today Opening Day wise? Whether it be fantasy, real baseball, doesn't matter, Like what are you really excited for?
Speaker 2: I mean the number one thing is stolen bases. I want to see what the stolen base numbers look like today. I want to see how aggressive players are. See which players are going to be aggressive? Is it going to be the top end guys? Are we going to see those middline guys like the androsimenez Is of the world start seeing them more bases? Number two is Corbyn Carroll. I mean, you know I got a lot invested in Corman Carroll this year and all different facets. He is going up against a lefty though, which I'm worried about, so and I would easily say stolen basis Corby Carroll. And let's go with the three of any of my fun prospect people, Anthony Volpi. I want to see Jordan Walker Colas I want to see how the young guys are gonna fare in all of this. But I am just excited to kick up all of my baseball here in just a minute and just watch all day long.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm gonna The Vulti thing is exciting, you know, I think to when you take over at shortstop for the New York Yankees. Yeah, you know, he's kind of a local kid too. So the Derek Jeter tweet, which was pretty cool, you know, like, hey, go get them kid kind of stuff. That's that's fun. That's that's neat. That's something that doesn't happen very often, and that is very to do it on opening day, not like the home opener that happens like a week from now with some teams that they're in Yankee.
Speaker 2: See, which I'm dealing with with. Yeah, Bogman is flying into Arizona next week and him and I are going to this out.
Speaker 1: By the way, Bogman's flying in Arizona the day after I leave. I told him, I was like, can you please just fly in another day early so we can hang out.
Speaker 2: Told me, now, I'm literally missing you guys are missing by a day. But I get to spend time with you this weekend, and I get to spend time with Bogman next weekend. So it's my birthday month coming up in April, so happy birthday to Men's.
Speaker 1: Right, that's right. I'm definitely looking forward to the Vulpi thing today. That's a big one. Looking at you know, the slate too, I want to see what de Gram's got, how long de Gram is going to go?
Speaker 2: Oh, you know what, Thank you, Joe. That might be one of the biggest ones as well, is seeing to Grum out there and seeing him up again.
Speaker 1: I say five innings, what do you say? I say, he goes five innings, that's yeah.
Speaker 2: I think he's going to be capped around eighty ish pitches. The only thing is he's been super efficient at least in spring and stuff that he's gone through like three innings with thirty pitches, so I think he could go six, but I think five is probably smart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And this is why I'm on the side of this game with the Phillies, because I think Nola can go six and change already out of the gate. I think he's ready for it. They could just keep this close and it'd be funny to see too. You know. The Mets were historically bad scoring runs for Jacob deGrom. I wonder if that travels with him, you know, like, could you imagine de Grom goes like five scoreless innings and they lose one nothing.
Speaker 2: Like, Well, that might be why a first five under in that Philly.
Speaker 1: Texas game might be a lot of five unders.
Speaker 2: I think it's like three runs because that whole it's like six and a half total on that game. Because those are you know, two of the best pitching matchups, We're gonna get our controversies Suresier Nola versus de Grom.
Speaker 1: Let's watching that, and also we're also going to get Jordan Walker making his debut today. That's going to be super fun to watch as well. I want to see, you know how this is the first month. I want to see how the Astros handle themselves too, without Verlander, without al two Va, you know, for a couple of months. This is gonna be a different I mean know, they are the favorites again and they should be, but I kind of want to see how they handle their business here because it's a lot for Franbur Valadez now to step up as the guy.
Speaker 2: Quotas are Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Oh the first show. Yeah, I asked me twice. Dodgers, Uh, Mariners and Cleveland today too, Bieberg Castillo. That should be a great matchup. So we got got a lot of fun ones too. The O Tani numbers are really high today. There you go. We got how many minutes into the thirty minutes of the show, and then we got the Otani. But I mean he's going against every time Otani faces the A's this year, it's gonna be absurd. Those's I bet.
Speaker 2: That's why I bet I bet the one and the six and a half strikeouts on him today because I think he could have that in the third inning.
Speaker 1: There you go, all right, everybody, this is it. It's opening day. This is just the beginning. Now. Just as a reminder too, as I said, I will be on a plane tomorrow with my children visiting cousin Donnie in the chat. Everybody knows cousin Donnie from the show, so gonna be there live. I'm not gonna be doing the show live with cousin Donnie because we would probably get pulled down from YouTube. That would be a show that would be great once, but then after that probably we would get canceled. Uh. But the Worm is going to be filling in for me on Friday, Monday, and Tuesday while I go have some fun with the children. There my kids on spring break, and uh, it's gonna be Welsh in the Worm, which I'm in everyone's favorite radio show everybody loves. Yeah, let's go. It's a baseball But tomorrow's gonna be great. I'm jealous because you have baseball to recap tomorrow, which is gonna be awesome. So again, if you haven't already, make sure you like share and subscribe to Fantasy Pros m LB, don't forget to also hit up Prize Picks again. Use that promo code Fantasy Pros MLB. That's the one who's that's what you got to go in through action. You know, I'm sorry cross that off. I'm so used to saying Fantasy Rose MLB. The Prize Picks is leading off. One word leading off. I'm a dope. I will get better, be better, Joe. That's what it says here right now.
Speaker 2: You can't even come back tomorrow, Joe, You're off the show.
Speaker 1: The promo code is leading off. So when you sign up for Prize Picks, use the promo code leading off it's one word. Then you subscribe to Fantasy pros m LB to join helish myself every single day. It's great to have almost two hundred and sixty of you at one point watching live. This is gonna be fantastic. We want you here with us. We want you hear, part of the family. We want you to be a Peanut and the cracker Jack with the rest of our amazing people here. Don't forget to make your home run calls. What about Mike Mayor? Where's his home run call? Mayor?
Speaker 2: Do you Mike Mayors? Why don't you just say Mount Castle? You coward?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean yeah, where? Yeah? Where's your Mountcastle home run? Now? Huh? Where is it? Where's your Moses now?
Speaker 2: Waiting by the way?
Speaker 1: Where everybody?
Speaker 2: When you get in the chat, it's very easy. There's a great bot, the home run bot that's created. If you get in the discord, you literally go in, you type in your name and it's registered in logs. So that's why you want to be a part of the discord to keep track of the home home run calls. And it'd be great if Mayor was here to make his Mount Castle.
Speaker 1: So we'll we'll throw him tomorrow. I'll do it on Yeah, there you go. Oh, there it is. I'll go with Mount.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's gonna just go oh, I just pressure We just pressured it.
Speaker 1: You know what, he'll probably hit two.
Speaker 2: He'll be the one that hits it, and both of ours are not going to hit the worse.
Speaker 1: On that note, enjoy opening Day, Enjoy baseball everybody that'll do it for us, But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey p. We'll see you next time. Kids. I'd be