Speaker 1: The volume and.
Speaker 2: Hello ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I am your favorite on Shannon Sharp, my partner and co host Liberty City's own Bengal Ring of Fame, Arnoy Pro Bowler All Pro chat O Cho Senko Johnson, Minnesota go on the road, Oho and take back home Court thanks to a triple double by Julius Randall, nine big points by Jaden McDaniels in the fourth and at Man took over the second half with twenty eight big points fifteen and the third thirteen in the fourth. And they go on the road and take back home Court one or two ninety seven over the Golden State Warriors. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button, and guys, go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Thank you for your support. Thank you for your continued support, because thanks to you all thinks Shay shaped media is allowed to flourish. But it's thanks to your views, your likes, your downloads and word of mouthing telling people Ay make sure you check out Uncle Oho on Nightcap. So we can't thank you enough. Please make sure you check out Shave by Laportier. We do have it in stock. It is the best tasting vsop on the market. If you cannot find it in a city or state near you, order it online. We will ship it directly to your door. Please drink responsibly and stay safe. Go follow my media company page on all of its platforms, shay Shaped Media and my Clothing Company eighty four, with eighty four being spelled out. Supplies are limited and once they're gone, they're gone, So please grab yours while supplies last. That link is pinned in the chat. Tickets for our Not Safe for Work Tour are on sale now. Eight start, eight stops goes as follows Baltimore, Philly, Charlotte, LA, Miami, NYC, Chicago and Detroit. Tickets can be found at shayshed Media dot com slash Tour, shayshp Media dot com slash Tour Go get your tickets now. Check out unkin O Joe, Oh Joe. As I mentioned earlier, the Wolves go on the road, take down the Golden State Warriors one on two to ninety seven, go up and snatch home court back to to one. It took an outstanding game from Julius Randle a triple double, twenty four points, twelve assis, ten rebounds. He also, for good measures, had three steals. But at Man took over the second half. He had fifteen big points in the third, thirteen big points in the fourth, and Jade McDaniels came along in the third quarter. He was one on one from the three, won two or two from the free throw line. Big big points for him. And they go on the road and they get home court back and take a two to one series lead. Now, Jimmy Butler was having an outstanding game. Yes, he had thirty three points. What about eight and a half minutes to go, and he didn't scored another point. He was gassed, ojo. He played forty three big minutes.
Speaker 1: He played. Ant Man played forty four.
Speaker 2: Ant Man might have played the entire second half, because I don't He normally gets a break at the fourth quarter, at the intermission, so he plays the whole third quarter. It normally starts on the bench in the fourth quarter. But Chris Finch like, nah, bro, you got to suck it up. And plus you're only twenty two to twenty three years or I think he might be twenty quarters. But you got to go, and he went, and he did what he was supposed to do, what a superstar is supposed to do. Find ways, he got aggressive, got to the line, and man, that hammer dunk that he put on Kevon Looney.
Speaker 1: It got him going.
Speaker 2: It got this team going, and they snatched back home court one on two to ninety seven from the Golden State Warriors.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe watching this game high shaped up.
Speaker 2: I thought the Warrior's gonna win this game without Steph Curry Like, okay, now they got some breathing room, let him relaxing. So now we probably not gonna even think about bringing it back to maybe game five, game six. Now, what do you like about what you saw from the t Wolves on the road?
Speaker 3: I mean from the Wolves obviously being on the road. Julius random, Julius Randall cut a fool. Un He cut a fool with understanding how important this game was for him and being able to contribute and helping Anthony Edwards and the rest of the team collectively and making sure he does what he needs to do and get his shots and being efficient. The face of the league. He showed up to night, the face of the league. I say it one more time, the face of the league showed up to night. He had thirty six. He got to his spots, he managed the game very well in a shot selection and went to win to shoot the three. When he put the ball on the floor and he got to the hole, he drew files and did what he needed to do. I like the way Anthony played very aggressive tonight, and they gonna need, they gonna they gonna continue to need him playing the way he played the night along with Julius Randall for them to have a chance, especially one steph comes back, especially with the way Jimmy Butler played to night.
Speaker 1: Step comes back. Game we said game four or five.
Speaker 2: You think now he's not gonna be evaluated until right before game five, So he's out the next He's out at least game four, for sure.
Speaker 3: We know for certain you think you think you think for certainty's out game four.
Speaker 1: I don't know. For some reason.
Speaker 2: I guess you think they're not gonna reevaluate him until game five. So yes, he's out for game four. He's not gonna they're gonna reevaluate him. Even if even that the process are reevaluating him, there's no guarantee that he's playing game five. But there's a break between game five and six. There's a three day break between game five and six. But we might not even get to a game six if they don't have if they don't take, if they don't win want these next two games, they won't be a game six the entire offseason to get healthy.
Speaker 3: Right, Hey, Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy Butler and kaminga man, they played real good.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: The bench on your level of eight team three or four from the three, five and six from the free throw line.
Speaker 1: He at six rebounds, three or sis two blocks.
Speaker 2: Uh, he played at scream Lol, he's plus five plus plus minus.
Speaker 1: He gave you thirty points off the bench. Yeah, And I don't I don't understand something.
Speaker 3: And me as as someone still learned the game of basketball, and I look at someone like Jonathan Kaminger come off the bench and have thirty eleven for eighteen he has he has six rebounds, you know, in three assists he was plus five, which was best among the worriorst And you look back and I'm trying to understand and wrap my head around how Steve Kerr wasn't playing him. I just I just I just don't get it, especially when you get this kind of production.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't getting that kind of production. You need to have been starting. But that's the problem. He's up and down. But I think the main thing is O Joe. He doesn't leave a man long enough. Because look, this is a veteran ball club and so these guys used to playing together. They know how to play the game, Draymond, especially Draymond and Steph. So when you're a veteran ball club and you're a young player, they don't make excuses for you making mistakes that you being young. Do what, understand what you're supposed to do, do it at a very high and efficient level, or you're gonna sit down.
Speaker 1: What's the saying cut off? Cut off? Yeah? Yeah, I mean that. That's listen.
Speaker 3: When you have when you have a player like that that's putting up numbers like that, even with the inconsistencies and knowing what he can do when he is consistent and what he is on and give you games like this, even though it was in a losing effort. You want that, especially with Steph being out, you you want that on the goddamn court. But listen, the only way they're gonna have a chance is you're gonna have They're gonna have to have a three headed munster, especially from a corn a scoring perspective. For the words, it got to be Jimmy Butler, he got a score will and especially and and and I don't want to say garbage time and that's that's more more of a football phrase. But towards the end of games, he can't gas out like that because the scoring has to come from somewhere. If it's not you, it got to be coming Kaminga. If it's not Kaminga, he got to be Buddy Hill.
Speaker 2: Well, the fact that the matter is is that he has to play because you know, he and Draymond are really the two that initiate the offense. And as far as going and get their own shot, it's really only Jimmy. So if you take him off the court where the point's gonna come from, where, you really don't have another guy that can go get his own shot. Now, Kaminga had it going tonight, and maybe in the future that's something Steve Kerr has to look at. And he says, Okay, maybe I can give Jimmy a blow here or there, but I don't think tonight he was willing to chance it because Jimmy did have it going. He looked really really good early he was getting to the free throw line. But that's what happens, oh, Joe, I mean, and when you hit that wall, Yeah, it's a rap.
Speaker 1: Huh, it's a.
Speaker 2: Rap, and you're coming and you see he just got another bucket for eight and half almost eight and a half minutes.
Speaker 3: Hey, But also yeah, he don't have the legs or the energy to do so because they was they just gonna test and everything. And then you say, you talk about Jimmy Butler having to be in because it's no one else that could put the ball on the floor and create their own own shot. Hell, I seen Comminga do it a few times.
Speaker 1: But that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's maybe that's and maybe moving forward, that's something Steve Kerr has to look at and says, Okay, I can go with you, but are you really willing to trust that. Have you seen enough of Kamingo have these type of games that you feel totally trust. Say you know what, I can take Jimmy off the court for two to three minutes and let Kamingo do what he does.
Speaker 3: They don't have him in long enough because you just just said it. They're a veteran team. Yeah, they don't have him in long enough to be able to allow him to have games like this, So I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah with still but see, you have to look at it like this when STEP's on the court. When when they had Clay last year, you running your offense? Do you running your offense for Mingo? Are you running you offens for Stephan Clay?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 2: And so I think the thing is and he got nicked, maybe lost a little confidence by not playing. He also mentioned that, you know, it's hard to get a rhythm when you're in and out, in and out, in and out, and so playing extending minutes. But I think they're backs against the wall now. I don't really think they have a choice but to play him a substantial amount of minutes. Draymond needs to understand Ojo in that situation, why would you contest that done?
Speaker 1: You got five files.
Speaker 2: You just picked up your fifth file on an overturn because they called a file one way, but they said Draymon got the file of Draymond, So you got five files. Why would you give up the two points? Because you're more valuable than two points. And by not doing that, so now you really only have one guy to initiate offense. Yeah, committed can get a shot, but I ain't ask a Comminga to bring the ball up set the offense, and that's not what he does. Now, if I getting the ball down on the post, yeah he can knock down the shot. But like Jimmy can initiate the offense, that's not what Kaminga can do. Draymon can initiate the offense, but he's not looking for his shot. He's initiating the offense to get people off back screens, pinned downs, players, whatever they want to run.
Speaker 1: That's what Draymon can do. Draymond. Look, anything Draymond gives.
Speaker 2: You overs four points, thank you Lord, that's what you're hoping for. He's mainly an assist, he's mainly a rebound. He's mainly a defensive stopper. So anything he gives you in the point total as the points increases, that's another plus. He gives you six what one plus eight two pluses? He gets you in the teams. Boy, you're like, Lord, thank you Jesus.
Speaker 1: That's a good knight, that's a great night.
Speaker 2: But you know foul trouble and you know, look at some point in time he asked, like, you know what, because Scott Foster is one of those guys you're not gonna intellidate it and not even looking for call stuff on you.
Speaker 1: Hey, what's the other what's the other guy? Scott Foster?
Speaker 3: And the other the black guy who don't be calling nothing. He don't play either, he don't care. Twenty Brothers, Yeah, man, you got twenty Brothers.
Speaker 2: You got Mark, you got Mark Davis, you got a oh, Bill Kennedy.
Speaker 1: I mean I go to that. I go to the game, so I know him.
Speaker 2: Zach Zarber, Uh, Josh Tibvens, Uh, you got edmlloy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, but you know, you know all the reston.
Speaker 3: Going to the game. Man, going to the game. Uh uh, the two I forget. I forget the two ladies. I forgot their names. But I but I see him, you know, he Hey, how you.
Speaker 2: Doing the great good job? Blah blah blah. You know, just chew the fact with him right quick. But if you know, you see him, like I said, I you know, I talked to him and this stuff, you know, doing the break. They asked me how to do it and passing me the ball. But it's you know, it's all. But I think in that situation like that, in a situation like that, O Joe Draymond just conceded, that's two points.
Speaker 1: Just let him go on.
Speaker 2: Just let him have two points, because if it's if it's his fourth five, Okay, you want to contest it, that's five. But you got five and you just picked up five. So you come back down in less than thirty seconds. You're out of the law right of the game. Yeah, he's your best defender. So now who're you gonna put on?
Speaker 1: You ramble right and he and he you know, he's the best defender.
Speaker 3: And he's undersized, yes, but he's on the south. He's not the size that he brings. He has a big presence. I don't know if that makes sense, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Julius Randall had twenty four points, ten rebounds, twelve assists, three steals. Only step In Yoke Nikola Jokic have recorded a stat line better in a playoff game in.
Speaker 1: The twenty twenties.
Speaker 2: Julius Randalls became the first Timberwolves player with twenty points ten assists in multiple games in a single postseason in franchise history, Jimmy Butler's last points with eight minutes and sixteen seconds left in the fourth quarter. Kaminga had a career playoff high thirty points. He had six rebounds, three assists, two blocks plus five. His previous playoff high was eighteen. Now moving forward, considering he had an out of body game, you feel comfortable he can put another game like this together.
Speaker 1: O Joe.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, because when you have a game like this, you know what that does for your confidence?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: How would you talk about you know, when you meet that young lady you going and you go on your first date, You go on your first day with her and it's a hit. The conversation was good, the food was good. You know, she reciprocated everything you did. You know how you feel going into that second date, what you feel you feeling like?
Speaker 1: What I can't wait to me?
Speaker 3: I have to be feeling extremely good, especially for the thought about he's gonna remember you know all these times I ain't even get to play in the game. Coach Kerr had the mediate and analysts and punics talking thinking there was issues with me or her. Him and I were you know, were beefing and whatnot. And now I finally get the opportunity to play a good amount of minutes, a good amount of minutes, and look what I was able to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So that that that that in turn just bush your confidence tremendously. So I'm expecting him to have a repetitive performance along with Jimmy Butler and god damn Buddy Ill. But I know one thing, the face of the league ain't going nowhere. The face of the league ain't going over. He's probably gonna have another repeat, perform us as well and try to HURRB getting the boys up out of here.
Speaker 2: POD's gotta play better. He played thirty nine minutes. He's one of ten from the floor, one of four from the three. Five points won't get it done. You got, I mean, you got Kaminga coming off the bench and giving you thirty You got Jimmy Butler giving you what he gave you. But the rest of your starting, your best, your starters gave you fourteen points. That's not nearly good enough, not nearly good enough. I know, Tyson Jackson Davis only played eleven minutes. He and Looney splent a lot of time, But I need more from Pods. You play that long a minute. You got to give me. You gotta give me more than five points. You got to It's an absolute must. Draymond's got to stay out of five trouble. He can't argue every call because at this point in time, they look they're not letting him get away with anything. There are stuff that I saw that Daymond would normally get away with in a regular season game. It's Scott Fosters, the last one you want to tinkle with Scott foss and a look how many times you know gave Chris Paul the hook?
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, him and Chris Paul they got they got be for real. Yeah, for sure, they got me for real.
Speaker 2: So with that being said, Draymond is gonna have to be smarter, have to pick and choose the spot. Everything is not Everything is not for like to have a heated conversation about.
Speaker 1: It's not up for discussion.
Speaker 2: It's not for debate because now it's like, okay, you think that was a bad call.
Speaker 1: Wait do you get this one?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, twenty three. They're human people do understand where you got no? No, they're human, right, You talk to someone sideways and they get an opportunity.
Speaker 1: It's just like I tell people all.
Speaker 2: The time, when it comes to Hall of Fame voting, Now you gave these people your butt, the kids for ten, twelve, fourteen to fifteen years.
Speaker 1: Now you want them.
Speaker 2: To put all of that aside right when it comes down the Hall of Fame voting.
Speaker 1: How that work out? No, you can't do that. You can't treat people.
Speaker 2: You can't give people at your your butt to kiss continuously and then ask them to do turn around, to do something nice for you. They are human. I understand, well, they got a job to do, but even a job, now, if they were AI, that's one thing. They don't have no feelings, no motion tied to the thing, and they just okay, it is what it is. But when you're dealing with the human element of anything, you gotta be careful. And Graymond just need to be be smarter about this and pick and choose the spots.
Speaker 1: Everything is. Everything is not a file. Everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're gonna miss some, but they're gonna be time that they're gonna give you some calls that you probably did deserve and you didn't earn it right, and so that's that. That would be you know, me sitting up here from the peanut gallery, trying to truck trying to tell a four time champion or two times a gold medal winning a basketball player how he should go about it. But you have to pick and choose your spots with these, with these officials. I don't know the other guy. I know it was Scott Foster Mitchell. I think Mitchell Irving is his name been? Not the other official, Mitchell Irvey. I'm almost certain that Hey, did you.
Speaker 1: Did you speaking speaking of Draymond? But this was so funny.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about I might have been in tears about ten fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: Boy on Twitter.
Speaker 3: Obviously Draymond after the game, he made his comments about people trying to make him out to be the angry black man. So I saw somebody made a clip relrd was what he said to the media after the game, right, and then they had like a two three maybe maybe four minute.
Speaker 1: Clip of Draymond doing all doing all the.
Speaker 3: We say antics, you know, the flaning of the arms and you know the kicks by accident. When I tell you I was in tears holding I'm tell about it was it was so funny.
Speaker 1: Man. I love Draymond.
Speaker 3: Listen if I'm telling for me for me if I was playing, That's somebody I would love to play with. If I had to go walk on a dog alley and had to fix somebody in the NBA that I won't by my side to walk on the dark alley because we didn't know what's for to happen in Dremond. So I appreciate his enthusiasm is passion for the game, But sometimes you know you're either either bear in the brunt of your own issues.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, did you see don we had that discussion about a hundred men or that silver back? Did you see that silver back barely touching that coconut with his fist and splitting it open?
Speaker 1: But who are you telling? Who are you telling?
Speaker 3: That's why I understand people, even with the hypothetical, I don't think you understand the strength of an actual sugar back guerrilla.
Speaker 1: He didn't.
Speaker 2: He didn't do like this here, He like, yeah, yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: I was just figuring, like I got to make sure I get this. I got to make sure I get this. Hey man, listen, people don't understand forget that. Did you see? I know it's kind of gruesome a little bit. Did you see? Oh my alarm? Wake me up.
Speaker 3: Did you see the chimpanzee that ripped the lady's scalp off by accident?
Speaker 1: And when I guy with the one that had that, he totally disfigured.
Speaker 2: He was a pet and he got loosen because I mean, you talking about something.
Speaker 1: Let's just say the eight times the strength of a man.
Speaker 3: Let's just say the average man can bitch two hundred pounds.
Speaker 1: If he's eight times, he can bitch sixteen hundred. Yeah. Yeah, I don't think people understand how strong that is.
Speaker 3: And he probably got a byte force. He probably got a bite force of one thousand easily.
Speaker 1: I'm good. I told you, listen, if it's one hundred, dudes, I'm gonna go. I'm gonna be. I'm gonna be one hundred though, because I need way back there. Yeah, I need to be.
Speaker 3: I need to be the last one so I can live and tell the story about the other ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But this is a very good game. This, I mean I like games like this. Here, this was a very good game. It came down to the wire. Minnesota got that big guns and man and ju Randall they did what they were supposed to do.
Speaker 1: Your two best players need to take the game over.
Speaker 2: Now one of your best player is on the sideline for Golden State. Who is going to come along with Jimmy Butler. Well, Jimmy didn't come along the last eight eight sixteen and I think I think if he could have gave it up, given him.
Speaker 1: Anything, it might have been a different ballgame. Who knows. We'll never know, Ojo.
Speaker 2: But all I know for the last eight eight minutes, in sixteen seconds, Jimmy didn't score a point. And so now you're asking point get points from Draymond. Well, Draymond found out. Now you're getting asked good points for Jackson Davis. No, that's not happening, buddy, Buddy. You gotta run sets for buddy. Buddy. Ain't getting it off the dribble. Every once in a while, I thought I saw him shake somebody. Mike Coley might have been, but that's not his game. Kaminga was having a dollar body experience. He was playing really well. Quentin Post again got in some great cardio zeros across the board. He cut in towards cardio session after the game. Gary Payton twenty six point one to four from the field two. He didn't have the impact that he normally does and whatever, Moody is kind of falling out of the lineup. So Moody now Kaminga's kind of getting Moody's minutes. Ojo can remember in the previous series Moody played Kaminga really didn't get a whole lot of minutes, and so kind of it's the roles are reversed. Now Celtics crushed the next Oh they got lucky, They got lucky. What you mean, who? Who the Celtics?
Speaker 3: I know my baby watching, she'd been talking about the Celtic She all happy, no bouncing off the walls because the Celtics won today. I told you, listen, the Knicks let you have this one. They let you have it. They let you have it in the garden. So don't be too happy because the series will end in three more games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with Boston taking it. You don't want Oh whoa cook up? Who sides your phone?
Speaker 2: I ain't on no side. I just think of what you call to go to. Let me get this. The Celtics win. They crushed the next one, fifteen to ninety three. They had seventy one points at the half and it really was never threatened after that. They got six guys up they had. Jason Tatum had twenty two and nine and seven. Al Horford had his best game of the postseason fifteen to nine. Derrick White had seventeen, Jaylen Brown had nineteen, but the leading scorer was off the bench with Peyton Pritchard eight of sixteen, five or ten, two or two.
Speaker 1: He had twenty three big points off the bench.
Speaker 2: And they used a balance attack to rot They was forty eight percent from the field.
Speaker 1: There was fifty percent from the.
Speaker 2: Three point line, twenty to forty, fifteen to seventeen from the free throw line. They did a great job all around and they went going away.
Speaker 1: Who did it?
Speaker 2: Jaylen Brusse did have twenty seven points, but he was not a twenty one cat five of eighteen. He had twenty one and fifteen. Josh Hart had ten, Michal Bridges had twelve, but it was not nearly enough.
Speaker 3: This game was never really close. O joke ed never. And I don't understand. We at home, you got an opportunity. I'm talking about we the knickser at home and have an opportunity. The gunner kind of really put this series away, right, they kind of do, so I think about it.
Speaker 1: I think I think about it the past two games.
Speaker 3: You know what, at one point in both games the goddamn Celtics was up by twenty.
Speaker 1: So I don't know why.
Speaker 3: In my mind the thought, even if they playing in the garden, that maybe they would be able to hold the Celtics and someone keep the game close. But again the Celtics, man, they just shooting and scoring at will, and then the lead that is, okay, it's back up to twenty. So I'm watching the game, I'm like, okay, it's up to twenty. Hell, it was that twenty five at one point, I'm like, okay, this is the game that the Knicks like to play. They let him get a lead, let him get right, let them get know and in arms reach, and then they come back and they run them on down. It was never able to happen today, and I thought maybe the Knicks would would have played a little better, Cat would have been a little more efficient. Jaylen Bruston did what he could, but defensively he they Karati Monk. They contested everything, and they made it very very difficult for Broston. I'm not sure how many turnover his head, but turn the ball dover a few times that got there, that got there, and Peyton push it?
Speaker 1: What now? You see White one six Man of.
Speaker 3: The year A man, but listen, he won six Man of the Year. But he's supposed. They're how many teams in the NBA thirty thirty teams in the NBA, right, I think he should be starting somewhere else. They're not coming off nobody, God damn bench, not playing them, not playing away.
Speaker 1: Not what I saw tonight. You know, I ain't. I ain't really pay you know, brother Pittcher, really no mind.
Speaker 3: I really focused on Jaylen Brown, Derek White and god damn Jason Tatum and what they gonna do.
Speaker 1: But wasn't Peyton Pritcher today? Man?
Speaker 3: They had twenty three eight, but twenty three with eight pri fifteen here five to ten from three.
Speaker 1: Man, he was nice, he was nice.
Speaker 3: The Boston guards and they tossed knicks from deep and shit, it was all over, especially with the especially with the way they would shoot the night.
Speaker 1: It was all over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, that's what in that look. They didn't shoot the sixty. They shot the same amount of threes as they shot in Game two. The difference is they made they made half of them. And you know, if you turn it into a three point game and you the shoot, you're gonna make twenty.
Speaker 1: Twenty two to twenty five threes.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be hard unless the team match that you see, the Knicks was five or twenty five, twenty percent, so they plus forty five from the three point line on you.
Speaker 3: We're gonna make that up. And now I mean again, oh Joan will say this. They got to the free throw line.
Speaker 2: Uh, the Celtics shot fifteen three free throws, the next shot thirty five, So you're plus eighteen and free throw attempts, but you're only a plus plus nine and free throw makes. One team was fifteen or seventeen. The other team was twenty four to thirty five. But this is what we know. The Celtics did a better job of closing out the third quarter because what has happened a second quarter? What happened they were not closing out the quarters. Is so they have these big leads on Yo, and all of a sudden Boston going to run, and now all of a sudden they've closed the distance on you.
Speaker 1: Now they got confidence.
Speaker 2: They start the fourth on a on a on a six soul seven run, and at one point in time it was a twenty point lead.
Speaker 1: They closed out once, they closed out the third on a.
Speaker 2: On a eleven two run, and now they're going to sept Now, all of a sudden, it's a five point game. Now, oh oh damn, what happened? That team got confidence? You kind of reeling because you just had this big leader. You're like, oh, oh, here we go again. Yeah, but I got to give this cet. You have to give the Celtics a lot of credit. They held their composure, they held their polls. The Knicks tried to make a little run. You know, they were at twenty five. The next thing you know, they cut it to seventeen. Mizouma call the time out. They pushed it right back to twenty three. So get Look, they're a chance for a reason. Big out for fifteen points, nine rebounds, two blocks, six and nine from the field, three or fourth from the three point line. Fourth all time in playoff games were two blocks and two plus threes. This is what he gives you, This is what he's capable of giving you. This is what you expect for him to give you. Presingers. You know, he had a couple of blocks, he had three blocks, had nineteen minutes. Uh, he was five or six from the free throw line. Gave you five points. But it was Al Horford today. Kat did not take advantage of him like he did in the first game. With the first game or maybe the second game, but he had that he on the block and he did a number one.
Speaker 1: Alan.
Speaker 2: Hey, Al ain't been in the league this long for nothing. Now, Yeah, he understand. He understand, and he go back and he's going back and watching tape and see where Kat got the best of him. It's like, Okay, I'm gonna send you. I'm gonna send you to your weakness. I ain't saying I ain't gonna let you play to your strip.
Speaker 1: But give our credit.
Speaker 2: Give the Celtics credit because they came out with a senor your focus that was to dominate this game.
Speaker 1: They got off to the great start.
Speaker 2: They had thirty six in the first quarter, got thirty five in the second quarter, seventy one and a half, and once they got that, they didn't look back.
Speaker 1: They were able to relax. They closed out the quarters and they just knocked down the shots that were open. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think they did anything different. They just knocked down shot when they were open. They knock those shots down and they were able to close out quarters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was definitely that was it.
Speaker 3: I mean, hell, once once they came out of half, Boston outscored the next by sixteen.
Speaker 1: In the second half, damn bench outscored it outscore the next forty to to twenty three.
Speaker 3: And at that point, it's really no, it's really no answer for the Knicks when they're playing that well.
Speaker 2: The Nuggets beat the Thunder last night in overtime. Aaron Gordon in the fourth courting overtime this postseason. He's shooting fifty four percent from the floor. He's shooting forty seven percent from the three, one hundred percent from the free throw line. Clucknkolon Yoki and the Thunder let one slip because Kolak had might of one of his worst games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said it. He said it himself too.
Speaker 2: And they still won the second most misshots in the playoff game. He was over from the three point line, so he was over ten from the three point line. He had eight turnovers, so he had he took he was five or twenty three, he had twenty. He had sixteen points, so he had more. He had more shot attems than points. That's never good, right, But when you got Aaron Gordon doing what he's doing. Michael Porter Junior had a siding big time threes. And then Jamal Murray, I mean, what do we what can we say? What can't we say about Jamal Murray? He gets into that zone and he started dealing late in the fourth and the third, in the overtime. And then Aaron Gordon. We've seen him hit big threes in the game. One rush, pushing bron get the brown, get the rebound, push your head to Russ. Russ, push pass it to Gordon on the wing. Bang knocks down the three. Last night, three porters, the tie the game, and the fourth quarter late steps up, no hesitation, knocks it down. Yeah, that's what you have to have. That's the mark of a really that's the mark of a really good But we got help of a team that understands.
Speaker 1: The moment.
Speaker 2: They understand the moment. We were here. We're here for a reason. Pull up that game from last night.
Speaker 1: I got it. I mean, look at this.
Speaker 2: Aaron Gordon Twenty two points plus fifteen, Michael Porter Jr. Twenty one points plus seven. H nicolea Jokic had twenty points plus five. Jamal Murray twenty seven points plus fourteen plus minus. Kristin Brown had eight points plus six. Uh Russ, Russ gives him that energy.
Speaker 1: Russ.
Speaker 2: I mean, look like I said, it's a roller coach. You never know what you're gonna get. Yes, you're gonna get effort.
Speaker 1: Son. Just play hard. That's what coaches always tell you, Son, Just play hard.
Speaker 2: Full speed at that. We can teach you everything else, we can't teach you how to play hard. I know Russ g Yeah, he's gonna miss a easy shot. He like, damn Russ. Yeah, he's gonna take the mill of five side shots and you're gonna say damn Russ, and he gonna turn the ball over. You canna say damn Russ. But you're like, damn, how Russ get that rebound man? How Russ get that steal man?
Speaker 1: Rus's not that down. Yeah, yup, mm hmm. You will play damn and yeah a lot and you have Russ attached to it. Damn Russ. Yeah, Russ. Shake.
Speaker 2: Gilgers did not have a good night seven and twenty two, only eighteen points. Jaylen Williams had it going. He had thirty two big points. Chant Holman had eighteen points. They didn't get much from lou Dort. The bench did not give them what they gave him at home, and normally the bench plays better at home. They got what two points from Wallace, seven points from Wiggins, two points from Joe As Joe Caruso gave him seven. J Williams gave him.
Speaker 1: Five.
Speaker 3: But you have Nuggets have four guys with twenty plus. Hey, that's how you answer the bell. That's how you answer the call. You're going to you go into a hostile environment. You got championship pedigree already. Where Nuggas wear home, Nuggets wear home. Yeah, the first two game was an ok sEH if we had the first two, okay, see my bad, my bad, But being being able to come back away from a hostile environment and being in front of your crowd, obviously.
Speaker 1: As m getting blown out by forty three.
Speaker 3: Yeah that then that Denver shot forty nine forty five percent from the from the goddamn fields.
Speaker 1: They had sixteen threes. Jamal Murray did what Jamal Murray did.
Speaker 3: We're used to seeing that. But what nobody's really talking about. We talked about Aaron Gordon, right and the game he had in his shooting prowess. Now to this point, Aaron Gordon has evolved this game because most of the time we talk about Aaron Gordon, we talk about him being a high flyer, yep, we talk about him dunking the ball, you know, catching alleys and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: So his game is evolved.
Speaker 3: And now, well, hold on, now we can't just leave him by demn you got we got to close out on him.
Speaker 1: You know, he could put the ball on the floor too.
Speaker 3: So now he's become more of a a that much more of a valuable player because the shot is on.
Speaker 1: He had twenty two points, he was seven for eleven, he had he.
Speaker 3: Was folk for six from three and we'll be talking about So I think I think them boys gonna be right, Shae can't have another game like this, No, not not not but not but Williams and goddamn shit showing up. I think I think chiit had was sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, yeah, eighteen and Williams. I think Willim Willim contributed to with thirty two. Now, Shay, you give us a little give us a little bit better than eighteen and what we.
Speaker 1: Used to seeing from you.
Speaker 3: You know, I think they're gonna be They would have been all right, but he didn't. But you already know what he can do. You already know what HG can do. He probably won't have another game like this.
Speaker 2: I don't even think this game could have been. The Nuggets gonna have to do a better job of keeping Okay See off the glass. They had eighteen offensive rebounds. You get that many offensive rebounds, you're gonna get a lot of second chance points. Yeah, and that's the problem that they have. They had eighteen offensive rebounds. The Nuggets had five.
Speaker 3: Five.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Do you know how many second chance opportunities you're giving a team to beat you?
Speaker 2: Kind of like at some point time with you, you gotta get to feel on third down you can't keep eleven teams get three cracks at you, and another three cracks and another three cracks, because pretty soon the levee is going to burst.
Speaker 1: Great. Yeah yeah. Points.
Speaker 2: In this series, the thunder have scored three hundred and seventy two total points. The Nuggets have scored three hundred and forty total points. But the Nuggets are up to one. Michael Porter Junr is playing through a shoulder injury that should have sidelined him for to six weeks. I'm not doing that. Porter said he suffered a grade two spring to its AC joint and his left shoulder doing the first round of the playoffs. Man a c joints.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you ever had one, and you said grade two, But that ain't nothing to play with?
Speaker 2: What because so he ain't picking that shoulder that show the ain't going much higher than this.
Speaker 1: Ah, that's about it.
Speaker 2: I had them the thing pay for boy, they are m M.
Speaker 1: But you know, oh Joe, you know what we do putting that medicine in. They go all that. Hey, I took, I took. Listen, I took. I took the pill.
Speaker 3: I just took a little pill I had I had had took the pill and had the little harness.
Speaker 1: We're strapped, strapped down right here. I want to look goo them was so high. Yeah, I can only go up so far. Yep. But it's hard.
Speaker 2: I mean some I mean you see a lot of defensive players play with those harnesses because they do they don't have to have do all this and all that, especially lying back of the d lineman. But if you're a wide receiver, that's it's virtually impossible or tidy it's virtually impossible to try to play with that thing.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: And the whole time your body catch everything. Yeah, your body catch everything.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm jumping.
Speaker 3: I'm jumping, you know, across the middle for digs and slants. Now you're dumping to catch it in your bread basket, catching everything in the bread basket.
Speaker 2: Been there? Uh, but the Nuggets get uh come back? Take home Court twenty two, d twenty seven. The big guns fired yesterday with the Nuggets and they went in overtime one thirteen to one four. Yeah, pat Riley on Jimmy Butler Fasco. I will always say that to the players if I was coaching, keep your mouth shut. I'll see you next training camp when you get back on the court. But it's different today with players. It's over. I wish you well. Good luck to him, and I hope deep down in his heart somewhere he wishes us well too. I just turned eighty. I'm proud of eighty. It's the new sixty. I mean that's how I look at it. I feel great. I'm competitive as hell. See what I said, O, Yo, you see what I'm saying. What did he say? I would tell the players to shut their mouths. But he also said, in the same breath, it's different now. Well, if it's different now, who else needs to be different? If it's different now?
Speaker 3: O Yoe, he does. He has said of all. You know why, you know why he said what he said. You can tell we had that conversation. Now you believe me. See, I told you, I told you. I say, Pat, You're gonna have to loosen the rains a little bit. You're gonna have to loosen the rains a little bit for us to get back to our winning ways.
Speaker 1: You got to have nobody want to come play here. Pat, you got you got to settle down. Baby, Let's let the horse run free a little bit.
Speaker 3: You got the change your ways because times are different and the players are different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, adaptability is the greatest trick to survive.
Speaker 2: But you got to be able to adapt to what the what I mean a guy that's investing now, they're different. You have to invest differently than you did back in the day. Everything you have to do it differently. Oh Joe, you just do. And that's why I mean, I understand. I understand that I couldn't coach it because my mentality doesn't allow me to adapt, not your players, because I don't like having to tell somebody something over and over, O Joe. We go through the thing the whole week, ojo. Then we go walk over the first fifteen, and then the game. We get the first fifteen. Hey, everybody got their everybody got their noseide on you. They're looking at the plates right before they go out there, the first fifteen, and I've been damn if somebody don't jump off side, I can.
Speaker 1: Look at that. Hey, let me tell you something. You know who'll be the one to jump offside too? You? You?
Speaker 3: Hey, because I know that first place coming to me. Hey, I break the huddle. I break the huddle fast and do the one thing I'll never forget. I forgot who told me, Del Carter told me. And you pull your glove, You tighten your gloves. I tighten my glove when I come to the line. And when it's a run play, I don't do it.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: I'm like, damn you. Pitton and all that say, yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Guess what they say. Oh that ball coming to you? Own your heart, you out the gate on that phof Are we being the huddle? Hey? Hey, this is the time we're gonna get them to jump off side. You know they get a little tired, They're gonna get antsy. You know they're gonna try to tack the quarterback. We're gonna go on to mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Blue blue certain God.
Speaker 2: How the hell you forget that from walking from the huddle to the line dune dump.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's so funny as easy as it sounds. Most of the time, I don't think people will understand how hard it is.
Speaker 2: I was notorious for it. Hell, I jump off side on hook on one. I tell you what, Joe, all I hear is I'm gone.
Speaker 3: It's I only want to look at the only want to look at the side. Here I can see Marvin. I can see Marvin with his hand on his hip looking at me right now. Man, they would have to carsone have to tell me twice, boy, it's on two, TJ, me and TJI break the huddle. If TJ and I, if we got a slot formation were going to the same side, and he had to say, boy, oh show it's on two.
Speaker 1: It's on to this.
Speaker 3: This is a friendly reminded boy, because boy, I'd be so antsty I'll be ready to get a fight of that boy.
Speaker 2: As a matter of fact. So I don't even run, no, rock, I don't even want you to go out. Just stay here because we know we're gonna we tell you to do something, you're gonna jump outside and Alice get rest this show.
Speaker 1: He was quick. It's for brains. You got to be the dumbest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, But that's why I bet that first fifteen used to get me every time on your we work on it the whole week.
Speaker 1: We go out there and walk through it Saturday morning. We do it again.
Speaker 2: Saturday night, and and and and the meal right before uh after we get together on your office get together, we go the first fifteen. These gonna be at places I'm looking because I'm right down, like okay, one, two, three, Okay, I got four opportunities in the first yeah, yeah, being pretty good.
Speaker 1: Okay. Oh and this and this is the one thing too. Don't break the huddle.
Speaker 3: And then in the right defense when you go through the script and you get to your plate, and then in the right defense and you know you're getting the ball, what Carson, if you don't hurry up and say set hike kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and all that blue red you say, hut, all that man, come on bad damn.
Speaker 1: All that other stuff. We don't need that. Just say go, I'm going come on now. Nothing like that. Man. We have a play called one time Mojoe. We've playing Detroit. Uh. It might have been my last year in dinner. I think it was on three perfect call.
Speaker 2: Oh, they called this thing and say, normally like eighty five percent of the time, they're gonna play cover to the lineup like this, but they're gonna play cover two.
Speaker 1: Hey eighty four. All you gotta do is get down the hole.
Speaker 3: It's a touchdown until we backed up to it's gonna be like a ninety Oh.
Speaker 1: How about the quarterback throw the ball to the damn flat wait in cover two? Yes, were you gonna get somebody killed? Hold on, have mercy. All you had to be was the middle backer, right, All they had to be.
Speaker 2: I was gone because we ran right, because we kind of ran like a counter we did. We had run this play earlier, not not earlier that year, but in two thousand and one, two thousand and two when I hit, when I hed Kansas City, we ran like a counter pass. And they speak cover too, And I had to be. All I had to do was beat the linebacker. I beat it greasely hit me. Hey, I put that thing like this here, I was gone, So this is right here. Oh Joe, that thing split. I mean them safety's got so wide.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And the backer didn't even run. Oh he ain't. He ain't shoot back, He ain't shoot back of nothing.
Speaker 2: He hell he tripping because what we did we faked it, and so now we fake it and a.
Speaker 1: Little bit yeah point yeah. He bost your little time.
Speaker 2: But all you want is one of those big see you get one of them big ones earlier.
Speaker 1: Oh yo, now I'm thinking, oh, this was one two hundred yard day now yeah, easy, easy, David pad you gonna have to change your ways.
Speaker 2: Derek Carr announces in retirement from the NFL on Your thirty four. Recently underwent multiple medical evaluations on his shoulder. Shoulder was deemed the only route back to one hundred percent and that would mean six up to six months of recovery. Car retires after staying on eleven seasons. He's a four time pro bowler, two hundred and fifty even touchdowns, forty one thousand passing yards, top twenty five all time, third place in.
Speaker 3: The MVP vote. He walks away from thirty mil Hey, I have a question. Yeah, I'm confused. We in April, Yes, we just had the draft.
Speaker 1: The season ended. How long ago December?
Speaker 2: Well, this season end of the January beginning of Jacon. But he though he was his season been over because he got hurt. Member rattle have been playing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I'm trying to understand. Why wasn't the situation rectified? So you come into the season healthy. Why are we still talking about the same thing we were talking about last year? You know, sometimes you know, they give you say rest and then when rest, don't do it. I say, now, you don't let two months pass and rest and when you should have went and had that shoulder listen. You know good, well, you don't play route nothing like that, anything with the upper extremities, with the arms, especially when it comes to a quarterback. You want to get all those issues done and out the way. Yeah, there was even a thought or inclination that there's something wrong with it that would hamper your throwing motion or playing your position at.
Speaker 1: The best of your ability. You go get it fixed. Oh, go get it fixed.
Speaker 2: Derek Carr has made two hundred and five million dollars in his career. He has a seventy seventy ninety two record uh four fifty five win percentage, just one trip to the playoffs, and I think they lost to you guys the ninth most cash. From twenty fourteen to twenty twenty four, Aaron Rodgers has made two hundred and ninety two million first Cosins two ninety one, Matthew Stafford to eighty seven, Russell Wilson to sixty four, Dak Prescott two forty four, Jared Goff two thirty four, Matt Ryan two twenty two, Tom Brady one ninety eight, Derek Carr one ninety six, and my Homeboy one seventy nine.
Speaker 3: But them boy and boy make a pretty penny boy, and make a pretty pen And ain't know the funny thing about it.
Speaker 1: I was a upset. I was sad, you know, I don't like to see players hurt. Hell.
Speaker 3: I god damn tweeted the broken heart emoji about Derek Carr being gone, And then I had to remember, well, you know what the people in the people in in New Orleans, in Baton Rouge, in Louisiana, Man, they happy, they cheering, they second lining.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean, I know you're happy. Derek Carr is going. You didn't like your.
Speaker 3: Quarterback that you had, But now who you got, Now you got Spencer Ralla took.
Speaker 2: They took the quarterback. What his name slot Shuck, they took Shuck. I'm just telling you who they took.
Speaker 1: I ain't ain't. I ain't shucking with Jojoe. That's what they took. They too shook.
Speaker 3: That's that's exactly how the saint's gonna be. They gonna be shook until they get a goddamn quarterback.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: You know, listen, my people in New Orleans, boy, we ain't got no patience. We ain't got no patience. We didn't dealt with too much. We need a quarterback.
Speaker 1: What happens is you get spoiled.
Speaker 2: You had Drew Brees for fifteen years, and you expect every quarterback hard. You're not gonna be Green Bay. You're not gonna have Bred Farr for fifteen twenty years. You're not gonna have Aaron Rodgers for twenty years. And then you have George Love Love that is happening. You're not finna have. Most teams don't get to have thirty forty years. I mean, you're talking about could be forty plus years of prosperity at the quarterback position. Yeah, that's crazy, That is absurd to think about it, because think about it. You had seventeen years with Bread, Look about seventeen years with far and then you had another eighteen years with Rogers and now you have Love So that's what thirty thirty five years, So you're about to have forty five, maybe even fifty years of prosperity at the quarterback position.
Speaker 1: Hold on, and not just any quarterback we talk about them boys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, boy, Aaron Rodgers is one of the greatest of all times, as was Brett Farr. Yes, and listen, Jordan love On in his own right, it's on his way to be just that as well as he continues to improve year and the year out.
Speaker 1: But dere Carr is done. He says, no, I don't want to go through that anymore.
Speaker 2: He says, I talked to old my wife and my family, and uh, six months or rehab for thirty million, like now, it ain't even worth it.
Speaker 3: Hold on, hold on, wait a minute, wait a minute, stay with me right now, Hey chat y'all, stay with me real quick.
Speaker 1: My Saints fans have me what you think about this? Now?
Speaker 3: I know based on what we saw from him last year, it wasn't anything to to hype about, you know, it wasn't nothing to.
Speaker 1: Second line about.
Speaker 3: But how about Aaron Rodgers coming in for a year in New Orleans until we get the rookie right or the for Spencer Rallic and also you know, watch and learn behind him?
Speaker 1: What y'all think about that? I know, I got some Saint fans in the chat. I'm just curious. I should thought fans run. I let the same fans. What do you think that one No? Yes? No? What you think one year? No? No? Okay, God did work out for the Jets. He was there two years. I mean, I mean you right, I'm just curious. I was just curious.
Speaker 3: You sho you start processing, bringing in the veteran presence, you know, to see what they can do with Aaron. But if but you're bringing them in for one year, what are we getting out of one year? Development for the younger quarterbacks, allowing them to see how it's go.
Speaker 2: You told me, guys don't get better by being on the bench. That's what you tell me. You're right, You're right, You're right. I was just curious. Saints head coach Kellen Moore said he will rotate all their quarterbacks, give them all opportunities as one tries tries to seize the starting job. We're going to let all three of these guys roll. Each will be given a chance to win the Saints starting job.
Speaker 3: The people in the chat, the Saints fans, that god, fuck this shit.
Speaker 1: We cooked Haing some staff for Shook.
Speaker 2: He has the second worst quarterback accuracy versus power five opponents of any quarterback in this class. Forty two percent completion rate pressures fifty eight percent completion rate when blissed saw the performance when kept clean.
Speaker 1: All quarterbacks are good when you keep him clean. Yeah, you got My house is immaculate. What is clean? Listen? Under pressure? Under pressure? A lot of time you're going to be under pressure. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: How accurate and consistent can you be when you're under duress? That's the that's the tall tale time of a great quarterback. Always calm underpressure, always always accurate under pressure, regardless of what's coming coming at him from all time. Man, it's again, that's why I questioned the draft again.
Speaker 1: That's why christened the draft again.
Speaker 3: Could you take those same numbers you just talked about, and I'm not gonna say his name, but you know who I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: And you look at what.
Speaker 3: He had to deal with because his officive line play wasn't that good, but for some reason unk, I mean, he was highly accurate. Still, yeah, that's funny how that works, but that that's neither here nor there.
Speaker 2: So as a wide receiver, you want a guy that can catch the ball in traffic or anybody can catch when they wide open.
Speaker 1: I hope the hell
Speaker 3: H m hm, the volume