Speaker 1: Hi, and welcome back to the Carol Markowitz Show on iHeartRadio. People really responded to my last monologue about rude kids. I haven't gotten that much mail about a monologue before. I think that's kind of interesting. It's possible that the scourge of misbehaving children in public is just really prominent right now. You do see kids acting up more often, and it seems like people are maybe reaching a breaking point with it. Problem is, you can't really do anything about other people's kids. One listener writes, do you have any advice for dealing with my sister's misbehaving children? I love my niece and nephew, but they are incredibly rude and disrespectful, especially to their parents. They're ten and eight. My sister and brother in law otherwise great, but they don't do anything when the kids act out. You said gentle parenting was a problem, but I haven't seen them parent at all. They mostly just ignore it. My sister and I were raised in a fairly strict home, so I'm surprised to see this. Is there anything I can do now? Sadly, I say no, It's extremely unlikely that your sister and brother in law will change their parenting style based on your comments, and far more likely it will create a real rift between you. You don't say whether you have kids of your own, but if you do, I think it's more important to just make sure your kids understand that, yes, aunt and uncle might allow your cousins to do things that we don't. All families are different. This is what we do in our house, this is how we behave. I think that's the wit really, to make sure that your kids don't get influenced by outside bad behavior. Sad as that is. I also heard from another listener who is engaged and worried that he and his soon to be wife will have different parenting styles. This is definitely something to discuss in advanced My husband and I are a united front when it comes to the kids. It's extremely rare, though it has happened when we disagree about what should happen for bad behavior. It's important that kids can't play parents against each other. Finally, a listener wrote in to say that she thinks her husband is too soft on the kids because they are small. She wrote, my kids are foreign too, and my husband says that's too little to give them consequences because they won't understand. I could not disagree more. I mean, some of the best parenting advice I ever got was start with how you want to go on. I think that was like happiest baby on the Block, maybe the only parenting book I read, and it was you know, you do things the way you do things for the future. If your kid yells at a restaurant, for example, even if they're eighteen months old, you have to set the standard of acceptable behavior. You have to take the kid outside and have conversation about what is allowed and not bring them back in until they understand that. Yes, you may have to keep doing this at many restaurants over time. We have very much been there. Again, I'm not offering you this advice because my kids are perfect.
Speaker 2: They're not.
Speaker 1: But I think we've done a good job, a hard job of laying down the groundwork early, and so far we have really good, well behaved kids. Now our oldest is fourteen. Could everything fall apart when they hit their teens. Sure, We're going to keep applying the same high standard to their behavior and take it from there. As always, I love hearing from listeners, and I'd love to hear your thoughts on all of this. Thanks for listening and have a safe Labor Day weekend. Coming up next and interview with Joe Kancha. Join us after the break.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the Carol Markowitz Show on iHeartRadio. My guest today is Joe Kancha. Joe is a Fox News contributor and author of the new best selling book Progressively Worse. Why Today's Democrats Ain't your Daddy's Donkeys? Hi, Joell, Carol? How are you so nice to have you on?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? I'm so parts right now. I've ran to get here in like surgery heat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I support hydration. You drink as much as you need throughout the interview, coach, you.
Speaker 2: Know, all right, done deal. So, yeah, it's great to be here. I don't think we've ever done this thing before, but.
Speaker 3: No we have. You're very hard to get on, you know, you're you're a.
Speaker 2: Get like, yeah, tell it to my wife.
Speaker 3: I will actually tell that to your wife. Thank you, So Progressively Worse? Why Today's Democrats Ain't your Daddy's donkeys? What has changed?
Speaker 2: Oh so much? Right? I look at like John F. Kennedy. Kennedy was he pulled higher than any president in polling history, right? He was? He averaged seventy percent approval. Right, So I'm like, wow, he's a Democrat. What made him so popular? The truth is he would now be called an extreme Maggie Republican because seriously, nineteen sixty one he takes office, he inherits a recession. So what does he do. He doesn't do what Kamala Harris is doing now, which is to propose five trillion dollars in tax Sikes. He cut taxes as aggressively as any president had in our history, and we ended up getting something like seven percent GDP grow just a couple of years later. So smart idea. I believe in a strong military. It was a war hero himself, and most importantly, if you want to call it, most importantly based on Carol Markowitz's world, as far as why you moved away from New York to Florida. He didn't believe in racial quotas. He believed in the merit based system, and any Democrat that would utter that today, you know, the Party of Equity, would be cast out right, So that was JFK. Then I looked at all, right, Carter, he was a pretty bad president.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was a pretty bad president, but he was a.
Speaker 2: Pro life Democratic president.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've heard of.
Speaker 2: Now there's only one left in cong rest of the Senate.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's remarkable that the whole forty, right or no, he's the governor.
Speaker 2: It's a guy down in Texas, like in a very conservative district, and I forget who it is, but he's the last one. Maybe maybe it's quae Ar. Anyway, we gonna look that up. So again, AOC said, if you're pro life, you don't belong in this party. You know, the porny new doorsity and of you know, a big ten. No, not really, but then Bill Clinton's presidency, Carroll, that was the one that, really you go back and look at it, the first thing you think of is the blue dress and Monica, I get that guy enforced error ever, right, But up until that point, I'll I readily admit this. In nineteen ninety six, I voted for the guy because, boy, he governed like a Republican. I'm sorry. He declared the era of big government's over. He said that he wanted to pass welfare reform by working with new Gingridge, you know, the GOP speaker at the time, and they did, and then he passed a balanced budget amendment which is, we don't spend what we don't have, and we ended up having budget surpluses by the end of the nineties. We had peace, we had prosperity, and we had an articulate president who seemed to want to work with the other side. So in nineteen ninety six, I was young, it was a first election. I were voted.
Speaker 3: All of must make mistakes, you know, you think it was a mistake, though, I should say in nineteen ninety six I cast my first presidential vote for Ross Perot. And let me tell you that was not the Ross Perou moment, which was nineteen ninety two. This was four years later. So, like I said, all we all, we all, you know, have some funny votes in our past.
Speaker 2: Sure, but I thought it was a good one. I would stand by it today if I had a if I had a president that governed like Clinton did, because you go back and look at his remarks on illegal immigration, he makes Donald Trump sound like a wallflower. Right, these are people coming into our country illegally. They're stealing our jobs, they're exhausting our social services. You go back and watch these speeches, you're like, I could like this guy. And then the Crime Bill in nineteen ninety four, which Joe Biden was all for. That was the toughest you'll ever see out of any president. So I'm sorry. I mean that's I know, he had a D next to his name, but he basically was a Republican. And then things were started the ship with Barack Obama. And I think the media is who pushed this party in the direction that it is in now, which is like Thelma and Louise, like going off the cliff right to the left, right, And because you look at MSNBC, for example, Carol right and back in two thousand and four. Again I'm pretty young at the time, I appeared on that network fairly often because they were somewhat normal. Tucker Carlson, right, Michael yeah, yeah. Who else was there? Oh, Jesse Datura had a showc wows pretty reasonable guy. So you know, you go down the line and now you look at who they are today. They signed Roni McDaniel and she lasts one interview. She lasted twenty four hours at the network because they could not have a pro Trump person on that network. So MSNBC and CNN, which used to be quite reputable back in the nineties, exactly they they basically give Democrats their cues now on what they think and how they should govern, and all those cues obviously are you know, dead wrong when it comes to every policy you could think of, when it comes to raising taxes, when it comes to all the woke stuff, integration, you go down the line. And that's why we have Kamala Harris, this product of today, who is proposing things that I just am shaking my head at completely when she's not stealing ideas and policies.
Speaker 3: That's right, Yeah, But why do the Democrats listen? I mean, these media outlets are you know, in decline, are pretty openly in decline, and there's all this new media that people follow now and listen to. Why does any Why did the Democrats let these failing networks get away with it?
Speaker 2: I think Democrats in general, based on these are products of the sixties that we're seeing now, right, A lot of the ones that are older anyway, and the education system I think produces like an AOC And then I think, yeah, honestly, cable news still has influenced Joe Biden. We heard over and over that his favorite show to watch was Morning Joe, you know, Scarborough and Prazinski. So I think in the end, between that and social media, Carol, as far as we have we talked about New Gingrit's before and how he worked for Bill Clinton, and in the book we also talked about Tip O'Neill, who was a House speaker Democratic House. Yeah, worked for freakan like behind the scenes, let's have a drink after after work and we'll hammer out compromise for the good of the country. And they often did that. That's a good thing. I think now you have leading Democrats, they only exist for likes, for retweets on Twitter and to get invited on the Stephen Colbert. Solving problems is like a distant twenty eighth right, and you see that through AOC right. She hasn't passed. She hasn't even co sponsored one piece of legislation that has got to the floor, let alone like passing anything to make you know, her constituents lives better. And oh yeah, she killed the Amazon deal that would have bought tens of thousands of jobs to her district because she thought that that money should go to the government instead and then the government could fix stuff, which is not how it work. So that I think social media and traditional media really have pushed this. I'll put it this way. I'll leave it with this story on this particular topic. Twenty nineteen, CNN decides they're going to give every Democrat who's running for president a one hour town hall national airtime, and they all agree to take that deal, because, of course, you one of twenty four. You got to stand out somehow. But there's only one topic that these town halls focused on. The climate crisis is what.
Speaker 3: I was going to guess It was climate change?
Speaker 2: Do you remember that, right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: So, actually don't remember. But if I had to guess what would could be the one topic that CNN would make them focus on, I would have just guessed climate.
Speaker 2: Change, and you would have been exactly right. Yeah. And so what if you're, like the governor of Montana was running for the Democratic nomination at the time. It's a pretty moderate guy when the few that are left. And what if he wants to talk about energy or jobs, or trade or inflation or immigration, all these things that are top of mind for most Americans. No, if you teach you that you got to talk about the not even climate change, We're going to call it climate crisis. So you will automatically then say things like Kamala Harris did during the climate crisis town hall. That's where she said she was one hundred percent for banning fracking. That's where she said she wanted to end all fossil fuels. That's where she said she wanted to end all all Shorge Relli because she had to play along with the theme. And now she's your first course on all those things. So that's just one tiny example of how our media has pushed this Democratic Party to a place where they are not the party of Bill Clinton and John F. Kennedy. That is certainly for sure.
Speaker 3: But then, but then the media also doesn't hold her accountable for any of those reverses. I mean, shouldn't CNN be really angry that she lied during their town hall? Shouldn't they want answers on what changed for her? Where the policies you know, shifted along the way. I know it's hilarious, but like, isn't that what should happen?
Speaker 2: Oh? That would take integrity, right, That would actually take caring about your brand and your product. That yeah, you know, when she's on with Dana Bash, when she does this interview that's coming up. If I'm Dana Maryland.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the first thing I play that is that I play back those clips from that town hall and I say, what's changed, Kamala? And if you are now for cracking, what does that mean for the environment? And then you'll watch the word salad like you've never seen it before. It's so easy to interview Kamala Harris at this point. And Dana Bash should be upset because Dana Bash was the one who hosted that climate change town hall with Kamala Harris and say, you told me this five years ago. Why have you changed on this now? Why do you support a border wall, the bonder wall that you called racist? What what has changed is exactly? And Kamala Harris, unlike Barack Obama, I'm like, even like a Jensaki does not have the ability to think.
Speaker 3: On her I called there to hold her hand, you know, I hope not.
Speaker 2: You know, I call her the Ron Burgundy candidate, because if you remember the movie Anchorman, whatever you put a teleprompter, Burgundy read right. So if I'm Dana Bash, I hope I get the Dana Bash that I got during the debate between Biden and Trumpert. I actually think that Bash and Tapper did a decent job that didn't make themselves the story. There wasn't the usual snark, and they asked questions that were relevant. I hope Dana Bash does that again, if she has any integ I guess we're going to have to see. But I don't have a lot of hope because it's one thing to do the questions fairly during a debate. It's another thing when it's on your home turf and you know your viewers don't want you to challenge this candidate too much because they only want her to win and for Donald Trump, and that's it.
Speaker 3: That's it. Yeah. I'm also I'm not holding out a lot of hope for Dna Besh to, you know, surprise Kamalo with some with some tough questions. But we'll see, We'll see. She's getting the only interview, like she has to kind of bring it. I don't think that she can give her complete softballs just because nobody else is getting to talk to the presidential nominee from the Democratic Party, and so I wonder, I wonder if she's going to be a little tougher than I think Republicans are expecting, but probably less tough than we would like her to be Yeah.
Speaker 2: But what's even tough, right, I mean, it's just well, like you.
Speaker 3: Said, just calling her on past positions would be huge. I wonder if she could do that.
Speaker 2: That's what Tim Russer used to do. Again. I'm praising all these people. I said, see it end a good job of the debate. Now I'm praising you.
Speaker 3: Get canceled, Joe, you know Rhino.
Speaker 2: I know it's month to watch and listen to. But if Carol Market has had three questions she could ask Kamala Harris if she had the interview, what would they do?
Speaker 3: I mean I think that why did you change on some of the biggest issues of our time? I would be she could take that could be the one question, take all the time we need to get to the answer. I guess I would want to know the explanation. But you know why should think something like price controls could work. It's it's something that's been like showing time time and again to not not only not work, but you know, to starve large swaths of the population, Like where did you come up with this? Who whispered this into your ear? Stuff like that. But you know that's why we're not going to be the ones doing the interviews and we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: I would do those two and then my third would be can a man get pregnant? And do you believe men?
Speaker 3: That's really good. Yeah, that would be a well placed question. So what Yeah, sorry, when you think about like the questions to ask ask people like Kamala Harris, do you have, like what's your biggest cultural concern? What do you worry about?
Speaker 2: Worry about my kids the most. I have an eight year old. I have a ten year old. Actually, no, I have a nine year old. Now it's my son's.
Speaker 3: Birthday, Happy birthday, Yes.
Speaker 2: Thank you. He's going to something called I Fly tonight. Oh yeah, the wind thing where you're skydiving without having to jump out of a plane. So that's I didn't get that as a kid. That I don't know. No, So now, yeah, he's going to third grade. My daughter's going in the fifth grade, and I just I don't see it in my public school system. Thank god. I'm in New Jersey and you know it's a blue state. But I live in a town where we seem to have some common sense people in charge, and the border bed folks that have run recently the candidates have been to the right and they have won quite easily, so I'm not so worried about them now. But there's such an addiction to iPads. And my daughter asked me almost every day, can I get a phone? And I keep saying no, it's I'm going to lose her right once she has the phone. I'm no longer the hero anymore. I know, by the way, there's some really bad content on there. Once in a while, I'll walk in. I got on iPads, not because I'm a lazy parent. I'm quite the opposite. You follow me on social media. I do a lot with my kids, but sometimes I have to work, and sometimes they find the iPad that I got them because of COVID and we had to do stupid learning from home for nearly a year and a half, and they will find sites where I'm hearing about how I ran away from home when I was sixteen. I got pregnant and my boyfriend to get an abortion, and I ran across the room and I tripped over the puppy and nearly killed myself, like trying to get that I've made it away from her. So that's my worry that growing up I didn't have exposure to stuff like that and they do now. And I can try to control as much as I can, but we see the bullying that goes on. We see that teenage suicide rates are at all time high, and I think a lot of it is because of social media, and I keep them away from it for so long, But in the end, I guess I just have to hope that sports. They play a lot of.
Speaker 3: Sports, right, yeah, that time a sports.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, No, I think.
Speaker 3: That I think that's that's it. My kids they absolutely use their iPads. You know. It's funny because I think that I talk about this a lot lately because I just think people are not paying attention to it. But the problem is much less social media. Now. Kids aren't really on social media. Your kids are not on Facebook or Twitter or Instagram, right, No, they're they're scrolling TikTok. While my kids, I don't let them have TikTok, But my kids are strolling the same thing. On YouTube. They're they're looking at YouTube shorts or on Instagram reels. They're all addicted to these like short videos that they take everywhere with them. And I just think the inability of kids to entertain themselves. Is it's sort of the bigger factor right now, much more so than we used to be concerned about bullying on social media. But again, I don't I don't see kids on social media anymore. They're on something else entirely, like they carry little TVs around with them. Basically, they're they're like I refer to is like when we were when we were kids, we'd watch Saturday morning cartoons, but then when we went to play outside, we didn't take time and jerry with us, And they do take it with them now. So that's sort of my tangential concern about kids and screens. I think that we're focusing on the wrong problems.
Speaker 2: You're right about that way. And you know what, parents are a little more rigid these days. And by that, I mean it used to be, let's say it snowed out and you got a snow day, I would go running out nine o'clock in the morning with my sled. I didn't even have to You couldn't even you didn't even have to call your friends. They're already out there, right we went over their house, you said, can in my case, Jeff and Greg, these two twins that lived across the street, from me, Like, can jeffre Greg go sleigh running? Sure, no problem, we all go out. Parents can come with us. You know, we'd go find the biggest hill. It could be a mile away from my house. It didn't matter, and you know they would just be My parents would just be like, just be back by dinner, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, That's how I treat my kids. I don't know that we still live that life from Florida that I don't know. When they come home from school, they go play outside. I have four teen, eleven and eight. Even the eight year old, like I don't know where he is. He's out there somewhere, you.
Speaker 2: Know you are. It doesn't work that way here. It's just I'm not like in a pretentious town. A lot of the moms work, which we like. You know, there's some towns in Jersey where it's like it really is like a Real Housewives type of situation. But my wife's a doctor, and she likes talking to other women that work as well, just because I don't know. She doesn't against any anybody who obviously doesn't work. Good for that. But it's it's I'm not I'm not saying we're in a working class town. WI like off New Jersey. Martha McCollum grew up here, for example, Peter Doocy growup here. For example, Steve Doocy lives about three.
Speaker 3: Blocks very Fown.
Speaker 2: It's completely it's amazing how many people have come out of this town. It's not all that big, but no figure. But it's the type of town though, where the parents are a bit too protective, I would say, And anytime we want to get my son, for example, he's a camp today and when he gets home at like three o'clock, he'll chill out for a little bit because he's been out in the heat for six hours. But then he'll be like, oh, can I get a playdate with X or why? And then I got to like text the mom and the we have to range the time and when it's ending. It's like, this isn't how it should be. It should be just natural, go out and find somebody.
Speaker 3: Okay, we have We do have pleadates occasionally, but no, it's a lot of go play outside here again, you are welcome to join us in the Free State of Florida whenever you are ready.
Speaker 2: So I met the table, Okay, I met the Santas for the first time. The governor, great governor down there, and uh, you know, I don't like talking politics with any of these folks. So when I was in Milwaukee, I wouldn't believe, like how many people you can meet because the green room is so small. Yeah, you're just you're forced to have conversations with people. So getnis Quaid was awesome. I accidentally called him Randy. That was bad. I just watched Independence Day of my kid like the night before, so like I had Randy in my head and he goes, don't worry, my mom does it all the time. He's yeah, hul Cogan came up from behind. Uh when when I was about to go on the air, I feel this this bone, my bones crushing him, Like, who is that? And he knows. I love your work, brother, I watch you all the time. Oh, thunder lifts Rocky three. I grew up amazing, It's amazing. But the Santus was the most interesting conversation because I know he played baseball in college and I played for about five minutes as well, and I said, so is your son playing at baseball? And he goes, oh, yes, absolutely, I go and he's not that he's not my son's age. He goes, yeah, he's turning seven. I said, oh, so what's he doing. He's like, is he going to camp or anything? He goes, oh, yeah, he's going to Florida State's baseball camp. I go, he's going to Florida States. Yeah, he's a switch hitter. I go, yeah, he's a switch hitter at seven.
Speaker 3: I mean, oh, no, crazy, Yeah no, this is I mean, I've coming from New York. I had no idea people took the children's sports this seriously. But like, if your kid's not in a sport by like eight, like they might, it might be too late. Like my eleven and fourteen year old are still trying to find their sport, and it's it's probably.
Speaker 2: Over for them. What's their best sport if you.
Speaker 3: Had, probably tennis?
Speaker 2: Yeahnis, that's good down in Florida, but they're not good.
Speaker 3: Like there's so many really good tennis players here, So it's you know, unless they started at birth. It's it's a very tough sport to get.
Speaker 2: It's hard. I got my kid into golf, and golf's great, but yeah, cheap. A week of lessons at a golf camp and you know, hopefully in a neuro post will approved and writing a couple more stories for him because I gotta pay for this somehow.
Speaker 3: That's it. Yeah, you got to count that.
Speaker 2: But Carol, I mean my daughter nine years old. Last summer, we had three tournaments, one in San Diego, one in Philadelphia, one in Washington, d C. She's nine San Diego for five days, I mean, no soccer, soccer, okay, so the team's to good. They got to travel, you know, three thousand miles. Team let me just sleep. They own and be cone with it not happening.
Speaker 3: They stink.
Speaker 2: I know, right, it's it's tough. And now I have a puppy because we tried to bribe my daughter into scoring ten goals this season, and she plays goalie a lot, so we kind of did the math and figured out that it would be impossible for her to get to that number given that they play a lot of other good teams and the scores are always two one and three two, So she's never getting a ten because she's mostly in goal anyway. So she has like three goals and there's like maybe four games left in the season, so it's almost impossible for her to get to ten. Except we played the one bad team on her schedule and the coach puts her on offense. Oh boy, she scores once, twice, three times. Stop the coach said, stop scoring. R up seven to nothing. You know, let's not embarrass him. Scores again, scores again, right, and she's whoofing after every goal, whoof, woof, whoof because she knows she's flirted and apparent from the other team in my face afterwards, just like, you know that is so class as you raised your daughter to be that way. I'm like, I got nothing to do with this. You think I want to spend four thousand dollars for a puppy. So it was funny. And then the final game she got that tenth goal, and now we have a golden dudle. You have any dogs, No, no, I'm allergic.
Speaker 3: But also like I understand people who have like a bunch of kids, but once you have a bunch of kids and a dog like that, that's just too much for me.
Speaker 2: I don't know it's so much. But here's the here's the irony. My daughter is allergic to dogs. Oh wow, if you get one, that's.
Speaker 3: First, no hypoogenic. Everybody has a hypoergenic dog. Now I still die.
Speaker 2: I don't know still. Okay, Well, you just saved yourself thousands of dollars and a lot of walks and cold. I'm not cold by you.
Speaker 3: South Florida between like you know, near Miami.
Speaker 2: Okay is the vague is the vague answer? I get.
Speaker 3: Well, you let me know. You let me know when you're in South Florida. I would love to meet the conscious.
Speaker 2: I'm uh, We're going there in November Fort Lauderdale. We're taking a cruise. This is like a great perk at the job. The Media Research Center, like NewsBusters, basically, they have a cruise every year and they're like, would you like to go on this? I'm just like, I don't know. Guys like, oh, we'll pay for all. We'll pay for you and your family.
Speaker 3: Oh that's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah I'll go.
Speaker 3: Yeah. You're like, I mean send those my way, Joe next time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they do what every year? You'd be greatome you just have dinner with different people every night. That's basically.
Speaker 3: I love meeting strangers, which I know is not not a common thing, but I love talking to people. I love talking to strangers. I love meeting people. I love hearing their stories. I'm all about it.
Speaker 2: You get stopped a lot I.
Speaker 3: Do in Florida, which is funny because I'm a New York Post columnist. But in Florida a lot, it's like. And we moved here and my kids were like, are you famous?
Speaker 2: What I would do? This event at the Breakers? You know tom Beach. Yeah, well famous hotel. And I let's put it this way. I went to Nantucket a couple of years ago, and one person stopped me right right. And look, I don't host a show. I'm d list. I get it completely, and I trust me. I don't want to be stopped. I'm not I'm under that.
Speaker 3: I'm like list.
Speaker 2: But but then I go to the Breakers in Florida, or I go to spring Lake, New Jersey, for example, it's called the Irish Riviera. You can't go like more than like five ten minutes if you're in public without somebody stopping. They want to sell fie all that stuff.
Speaker 3: And I just find it just so funny that, yeah, those are your people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Juliana's friend. We have an inviitual friend, Julianeah like celebrity. It's just so funny. Like people kept from my book signing on Friday in Point Pleasants. Each new Jersey on a Friday night in the summer, and you're going to a bookstore to see me.
Speaker 3: It's just great. We're going to take a quick break and be right back on the Carol Marcowitch Show. This says very nicely to a question that I ask all of my guests, do you feel like you've made it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: You know, the ruthless guys ask me that they put they put it differently, but it's basically the same premise. The answer is, if this is an NFL game, I'm tied and I'm on halftime, I'm not winning, I'm not losing. I have time to win, but I don't feel I've totally made it. In others, the goal is, and I tell you know, my bosses at Fox this every time I meet with them, is I want to show, you know, I think I could do a decent job. I'd love to be apparently Mary Catherine Ham or a Carol Markowitz or some somebody who has like a good sense of humor and like is authentic. That would be kind of cool, but like a show, he think, so, yeah, right, km JC, this couldn't work. But you know, until I get the show, I don't think I've made it. I've you know, I'm writing books that are you know, best sellers, and.
Speaker 3: I'm doing speak This is your second best seller, right, that's right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, come on, amazing, Yeah, my terrible, horrible, nogad very bad presidency. Yeah that even that did quite well, which I was shocked at. But you can promote it on Fox, so that that helps. So yeah, I think I'm seventy percent there, right because I speak just about to sign a new contract with Fox, which is awesome. I again, I'm doing speeches, I'm going on cruises. I guest host radio shows like Sean Hannity is, for example, six hundred and fifty radio stations. But something feels very incomplete, and I have a feeling though if you ask me that question after I get a show. Let's put it this way. Larry Bird wins the NBA Championship in nineteen eighty four, and afterwards all his teammates go out and they go to celebrate party. They go to like a bar in Boston type of thing, or they went somewhere and one reporter for out like his recorder back in the arena, and he goes in and Bird shooting baskets. He's like what are you doing here? Should you be celebrating with his team? So I was thinking about next year. So I have a feeling I'm gonna be that kind of guy, like I'm never gonna be satisfied. And I don't know that is good.
Speaker 3: I like that, that's a really unique answer. Keep shooting those baskets no matter.
Speaker 2: How much you in basketball. I had to quit after my freshman year. Here's a funny story. I was five nine and seventh grade, which is tall for seventh grade. Yeah, so I played center on the basketball team, and I was a tight end in football. Like those are kind of like you gotta be tallish kind of positions, like think like Travis Kelsey. Right, So but I stopped. I stopped at seventh grade. And my dad six ' three and my mom was five seven. I'm like, what is going on? I should be tall. I go to my mother. I'm like, I don't get it. Like it's my sophomore year this morn. I had to quit the basketball team because the point guard was taller than me and I'm the center. So I just had to concentrate on football and baseball at that point, and I go, what happened? She goes, well, I may have smoked when when ignant with you, I got what those horrible winstons? Oh oh, why did you that you knew it was wrong? She goes, not, at the time, they didn't really say there was a problem with the don't say they did know. Yeah, I love that story.
Speaker 3: That was awesome.
Speaker 2: Nobody spoke. It's amazing. Ye was in our backyard and one guy like had to go like to the side of the house and you could like smell it all the way from the backyard. He might write, what is that? I'm like, yeah, it's he's a holdover, right.
Speaker 3: My kids in Europe is like, are like, what is going on? Why is everybody smoking? Like, yeah, thing they do over here?
Speaker 2: Yeah they do, and they're all thin, so maybe they're onto something.
Speaker 3: They really are. I feel like, second, look at smoking cigarettes.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. I think I saw you. You put out a tweet one time You're like, yeah, I maybe smoke like a pack a year.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, that was when I was like, you know, young and cooler. I don't I can't even do a pack a year anymore. But yeah, you know, I enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was.
Speaker 3: It was a good little sometimes you know, it was a thing.
Speaker 2: I just can't believe. We all went to bars, and even if you didn't, it was all over you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like the one guy. I got home and I showered like a two because I'm like, I smell myself. This is horrible time.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Sorry, I have loved this conversation, Joe, you are so awesome, and here with your best tip for my listeners on how they can improve their lives.
Speaker 2: Oh, how they can improve their lives. Don't go to bed with your cell phone. That's a start, because you end up probably reading something on social media is really going to pish you off, so upset you. Yeah, and then you wake up. First thing, you're roll over, Okay, let me see what's going on in the world. Ah, this all sucks. This is not good. So I think that's a good thing. I think also reading. I know this is like boring tips, but no, find a book, turn off the TV, shut down your phone, go find a quiet place, particularly like if you're in a place like Florida or somewhere warm, go outside, find a bench and just read and you'll your stress level will go down like one hundred percent. So those are the two things. Get off the phone and just do the things that we used to do, which is just read and just let your imagination take you to another place where the world.
Speaker 3: I love all of that. He is Joe Concha. His book is amazing. It's called Progressively Worse, Why Today's Democrats ain't your Daddy's Donkeys. Buy it anywhere you get your books. Thanks so much, Joe.
Speaker 2: Carol always a pleasure. See in Florida soon.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much for joining us on the Carol Marko which show. Subscribe wherever you get your podcasts.