Speaker 1: Bueller.
Speaker 2: Let's play ball ocome in everybody to fantasy pros.
Speaker 1: This is leading off, brought to you by bet MGM, the King of sports Books. It's me Joey Pai Joe Piezapia with you today, and of course with me with you is the Welsh and we're breaking all the baseball down from the weekend. A lot to talk about, certainly Welsh. It's nice to see you, my friend. It's nice to have you here on a Monday, and it's nice to also have a wonderful weekend from Aaron Judge. I gotta tell you it feels good. The fish were in the barrel and I shot him up real good. Well, I shot him up real good. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean I didn't do the Buckston weekend like I've done all the weekends. I was like, now I'm not gonna do the bucks And weekend. And guess what. It wouldn't have put me on the board, but it would have put me one more homer up. I did get one from Flad. When I saw the Judge dual homer, I was like, ugh, Monday's gonna suck. Monday is gonna be brutal, and you get the homer you got the Homers and maybe you'll be on the board. We don't know. As Mayors said here in the chat, that you guys can be hanging out with Will Joey p once again manipulate the home run leader board to include his name that and more on today's leading off that would be the lead. By the way, what is Mayor talking about? Didn't Mayor manipulate the board for an entire week to bring him on this week?
Speaker 1: It's called politics. This is what happens. You say the thing that you know you do, and you accuse your opponent of doing it. Look, I'm tied now. And I told you that when I came back here on Monday that I would be on the leaderboard and Mayor would not. And that wasn't a prediction, that was a spoiler. Okay, that's right. I told you so called my shot and lucky than one. But enough about that. You know I am feeling lucky, actually feeling pretty good about it. So yeah, So may and I are going to square off in a steel cage sometime later this month. So I hope the pay per fore you buy numbers are good or.
Speaker 3: I'm just like I'm just looking down at you guys. Right now, just waiting to attacked. I need to make my attack here.
Speaker 1: Very nice, all right, let's get after it. Let's talk about the weekend of baseball on Monday. As of the thirteenth of June, the Yankees and Mets are the first two teams to forty wins. It's the first time this ever happened where the New York Mets since they were been around, have actually been in first place with forty wins along with the Yankees at this point in the season, the first to forty. So that's that's great. Look, you know, New York East Coast is certainly the Northeast especially is a big baseball I'm not saying, yeah, it's a bias, there's no doubt about it. But I always think baseball is better off when the teams in New York are good, because then it allows the other market teams to hate them, and that's good. You need the villain. It's important. So I think this is a good thing for baseball when the Yankees. It's always a good thing for baseball when the Yankees are good. When Yankees are I feel like it's kind of you need the Yankees to be good. You want them on that wall. You need on that wall. So this is fun. That's a good thing. Wander Franco. Good news for him. He's set to do with jilty drills this weekend. I can't wait this week today. I can't wait to watch these. I hope they're on Twitter. I know somebody's gonna have you know, him, like doing high skips or whatever.
Speaker 3: These. I wonder if he's in the best shape of his life now, that'd be great. That's like the same thing I do. Hope agree, I hope they put on.
Speaker 1: You know, you know, the the agility drills are gonna be hilarious. I can't wait to see them. It's gonna be like an obstacle course running around Starling Marte two hits and there's return to the lineup yesterday along with Tywan Walker for the Mets, striking out ten and a win over the Angels. Speaking of ten, Bulio Urius struck out ten but a tough luck loss on Sunday. Also the big news and that Dodger rotation is Walker Bueller going to be out for many, many weeks with that flexer tendon, which typically Welsh is a precursor to Tommy John been talking about it all year, talked about it in February and March with you. I said, they're not invincible. Let's stop anointing the Dodgers. There's certainly a pass way you could paint where it was going to be a tenuous road for them to get to the world. Here it is, and here it is. Here it is. So if you have Walker Buhler right now, you can't be you can't feel good about this because typically this does not end well. So well, let's let's go through it. What do the Dodgers do from here? What do fantasy owners do from here?
Speaker 3: Well, the Dodgers, they've got some reinforcements in the minor league. I mean, obviously, like we talked about it, the thing that has saved this team is Tony Gonslin and Tyler Anderson have played phenomenal. You know, since they've been out. You've got Clayton Kershaw back. So it was you know, you traded one soul for another. Buehler goes, Clayton Kershaw comes back, and you've got Arias. They've got reinforcements in the minor leagues in the form of Bobby Miller, who is a absolute fireball thrower. He's relatively ready. If we want to be honest, I think he's in that same mold of Tony Gonsolin. Or they can take that firepower that they have as far. They've got dudes Miguel Vargas down there. They've got, like I said, Bob, they've got quite a few other really good prospects that they could package. Andy Pahas, they could package and make a big move. You know, dust It's funny Brian Fouts in the chat just brought up dustin May, and dust and May is really not gonna be anything of consequence for this team, you know, for the rest of this season. Maybe a little bit of bullpen help on the back half of the year, but they're gonna need So the decision for them is do they go minor leaguer do they go established pitcher. I think they got to go established pitcher. I kind of hate being the guy. I feel like I'm on here every week. I'm like, listen, the trade market's got to start up. I'm like some stock person. I'm like, it's gonna pick up. It's got to, but it has to. I have to imagine no one wants to sell. But I can't imagine the Dodgers are gonna feel comfortable throwing in a rookie minor league pitcher to go with Tyler Anderson and Tony Gonson, who they have to also feel that they're getting just a little bit more out of than they could have possibly thought that. I think they got to be hyper aggressive because you're right, they have not been invincible. They've dropped stupid series here, and like the Mets, it's now to the Dodgers. I don't see how these hyper aggressive, big win, ninety hundred win teams can sit back and be complacent. They've got to make moves. And the Dodgers are now without Buehler until probably roughly into September or the playoffs, so I think they have got to make a trade. But they probably don't want unload the system because when Bueller comes back and into the playoffs, they still do have Tyler Anderson, they still do have Gonsol. I mean, they have a lot of guys that they could have rotation problems, but I think they got to make a move. Fantasy owners scour the wire. You're gonna have to scour the wire, and I think if you're in a ten or twelve team league, Joe, you tell me different. I think this is the time where you get into hyper stream. Hyper hyper stream, because at the end of the day, you can make it worse bigger leagues. It's gonna be impossible. You know, you're probably gonna have to trade from depth if you really want to make it, but you're gonna probably have to get into hyper stream and see if you can make up seventy five percent of it. I don't think there's an acquisition waiting out there for you that's gonna replace Walker Bueler. There's no picture. I mean, Max Meyer would be one of those guys we would sit and wait for to be called up. Grayson Ronbrieguez is down.
Speaker 1: I just don't think the guy Myer's around in a lot of leagues. A lot of people dropped him after they picked him up with the injury, so he might be a guy floating around there, and I think he will eventually show up. A couple things that were provocative. I think that you said the first one. You know, this is why the A's waited on montass because eventually there was going to be a desperate need and good on the A's, you know, not just taking whatever deal they could get in March or February that they actually waited and now it's going to pay off for them big time. Somebody's going to blink here in this so good job by the A's on that. I don't think it's a foregone conclusion. You get Walker Bueler back for the playoffs, you get Walker Bueler back period. I just want to throw that out there. And the other thing I want to throw out there, which I think is something that nobody else is talking about. Talked about it a lot yesterday on the TV show the Tony gonsonine innings number and what that looks like. I know he's been fantastic, but the highest innings total he ever had was in the minor leagues in twenty eighteen to one hundred and twenty eight. He has never thrown more than fifty seven innings in a major league season. That, my friends, is happening right now, right right now, he's a fifty seven. So I don't know how long you can count on him. I don't know. I mean, this is Walker Buehler is worse of an injury for them than Clayton Kershaw, because Kershaw's almost expected. Kershaw is kind of like the bonus, and it's been great that you've been getting Kershaw esque performances out of Gonsolin. But at the same time, whilsh I'm looking around now and you know Anderson was going to turn too a pumpkin, like, Yeah, that's a nice starts, it's fine, but they are in desperation moment they will have to go be aggressive, I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and in a couple things to add to that, I think part of that plan long term may have been that you're getting these amazing innings out of these guys that when you get towards the back half of the season, it's a great point about innings that they probably start stacking these guys together. Tyler Anderson and Tony Gonsolin could have become one starter on the back half of the year to manage innings. A great point that mayor brings up because I can completely forgot, is Andrew Heeney is going to come back. And Andrew heening was having an insane start to the season and he will be important for them to get back, and it could be a justification for them to not be aggressive. But then let's bring it back to your point where if you've got any innings issues with especially with Gonsolin or with Tyler Anderson, You're still gonna be down a guy. You're still theoretically down a guy, and it's inevitable. And you have more injury risk in your rotation than any other rotation in baseball. Right now, give me a rotation that's I mean, maybe you will give me one rotation that is more injury has more injury prone than the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well the Mets because the two best owners they have are currently on the eve there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I'm talking about the guys that are there. I mean, you got he's coming off injury. You got Clayton Kurry.
Speaker 1: But but he needs not dependable. Gonsolin has been great, he's not dependable. You can't depend on on Anderson. Urious Look, this is a great performance. Maybe things are starting to turn around for him. I think that's that's great, hopeful. But I'm telling the Walker Buller injury in well, in some ways it's worse than a Mookie Bets injury. It's worse than a because it really hurts you. Then in the playoffs, you know, it's one of those things that really hurts you there when you get into those short series where you don't have that number one guy and look, you haven't been pitching like that anyway, which certainly I think him to understand.
Speaker 3: Turn it around.
Speaker 1: We hope for it to come back. But this is also something people should be aware of too. When you start to see a great pitcher who doesn't look like himself, be very leary because usually there's something going on. Typically it's more physical than it is mental or mechanical or things like that. Most of the time it's a physical issue, and sometimes it does rear its head and then the next thing you know, you go, oh, I wish I'd gotten out of it. And in readraft League sometimes you gotta, you know, pick and choose your battles a little bit. All right, let's go to the rest of the headlines here. Justin Verlander goes seven and a win over the Marlins. Very nice outing for him. Josh Hater picked up his nineteenth save over on the injury wiresl Garcia to undergo an MRI today, Michael Kopek same thing, MRI on his knee yesterday. Lancelyn is going to be back for the White Sox on Monday. He's actually five k or five and a half on Pamble tonight. This whole show is being done from Vormir's. That's where the show is being done from. If you get that reference, then we could be friends. That's right. Chris Bryant is close to returning to baseball activity. That's good. So hopefully he can have some baseball activity, and Wander Franco can have some agility activity, and everyone can have some activity. Speaking of activity, can we talk about this the athletic Ken Rosenthal and his bow tie reporting that Wilson Contreras would make a particular sense for the Giants at the trade deadline. Now, the Giants just this week Welsh set Joey Bart down, The Rays, the Padres, the Mets are all floating out there too. The Padres and the Mets to meet are teams I think should be super aggressive on Contreras, especially the Padres, because I know the Mets have the young catcher at double Ah's got a thousand ops right now. They're very high on him. I get that. But if I can't see the Giants trading Joey barton trade, I don't still see them doing that. But I could see the Padres needing offense fixing a lot of things at one time here. Where do you think this market's going to start to heat up for controllers? Do you think it is the Giants. Do you think Joey Bart is that piece that gets it done, because it's going to take a big trade off, it's.
Speaker 3: Joey Bart that makes that done. I think they've got a kid named Kyle Harrison in the minor leagues who's just phenomenal right now. I mean the Giants pitchers in general just get it done. But Kyle Harrison, he would be the centerpiece of a trade. It probably wouldn't be too much more if the Giants were to make it. They don't have a ton of ammunition. But they got Eli Oramos, Marco Luciano, I guess, actually you know what they do, and Luis Matos. I mean they got a lot of younger guys that are lower that they could try to make that trade the Padres is funny because the Padres have been acquiring catchers like nobody's business for the last two years. I mean Austin, Nola, they had Victor Karantini who they moved.
Speaker 1: Away, Mahia before that too, Mahia before.
Speaker 3: They just have not committed to a guy, and it's like this would be like the sixth different catcher they had head for a time. I'm forgetting the kid, the Marlins kid who's there now? I completely am drying. Oh horey al Farrow. They've got to like maybe this would be the guy, but how much acquisition can they truly have in the catcher market. I think the Giants would make a ton of sense. I'm not so sure about the padres in here, but I think he will be a hot, hot commodity. Maybe even I would be remiss to say that, like he might be a hotter commodity than any of the starting pitchers that are out in the market, just because I think this can be, you know, the catcher for a team for quite a few years here. The Giants would make a lot of sense. Like I said, they've got they've got the minor league assets to move and you know they're in desperate need. Though. The only here's the only caveat. They've got a kid named Patrick Bailey in their minor league system who they drafted to be the future defensive catcher. Joey bart was. I think the plan was Patrick Bailey, who's older and could be coming up in the near future would be their catcher. Catcher and Bart would be the like first base DH occasional preacher, and Bart's bat has also not worked, so I'm not sure the team would unload. The Giants are pretty stubborn about how they are regardless of the point. Contreras's market will heat up soon and I think we'll see probably a pretty big trade for it. Padres I think would be a fantastic spot for him, but I would lean to the Giants over the Padres.
Speaker 1: I don't think the Mets would be out of that deal because I could see, you know, Uncle Stevie get going all in. I could.
Speaker 3: I just think they need pitching. I think they need to get in more pitching help with all that the injury.
Speaker 1: Well, I think if you're the Mets, figure you're getting Sureser into grond back at some point. That's what you're hoping for, That's what you're expecting. And if you get that, then you want to get more offense. You know, you want to go with something else is going to help the ball club. That's what I think, But you know, it depends on what that price is. But I wouldn't be surprised if The Yankees got in on this too, because I think he I mean the Yankees right now, will just you know, I.
Speaker 3: Know, I mean, yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: The Yankees big big game changer there now.
Speaker 3: So you know, God, you brought that up because they're they're pitching, they've got the depth and the miners, they've got the starters, they're they're starting offensive players. But Contraras makes all the sense in the world to the Yankees for me. The Mets they're kind of like in that same vein of like would they invest in a guy when they've got a guy sitting in the wings, you know, and Pat Patrick Bailey isn't Francisco Alvarez like the Mets are. But Alvarez is within one year of whether it's this year or early next year. Would they really unload to get Contrari's I don't think Alvarez should hold them back. I just don't know if they would. The Yankees, though, one hundred percent, would make sense because that would probably be probably called better games even though but you know, here's another argument not to go down the rabbit hole. Look at how well the pitchers have pitched. Do you want to take that that catching staff away? What role do they play in the success so.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess here's the argument. Counter arguation to that is, you know, if you lose, you know, two to one in the playoffs, who cares right in the game. You know, you gotta.
Speaker 4: Have offense too, you know, and and and and and I think that the you know, outside a judge, the Yankee offense is a little all over the play I mean like They's tours went on a run, Rizzo went on a run.
Speaker 1: Like that's what you always get guys, that going a run. But I mean, I don't know Contreras. Catreras is right now. I think at his peak. And I've always liked the player, but I never thought he was a franchise player. I still don't, but I think he is really hitting his peak right now, and I think this is a really interesting time to acquire him. Fun facts. There's a lot of them today. I know, Welsh los fun facts. Justin Erlander now has the most wins in Major League Baseball with eight. He is a year and a half a move from Tommy John surgery, and in his first season back, he has a one point nine four ERA, a fifth best in Major League Baseball. Fine once again, Cy young, Let's go thirty five point one. That's the miles per hour of Frank Schwindel's pitch, which is the slowest known measured pitch in Major League Baseball ever to get hit for a home run on Sunday. So I saw the pitch. It was very interesting.
Speaker 3: I very much enjoyed watching that pitch just get absolutely murdered. It was like softball. It was the the one softball moment of baseball that I saw like it was a softball pitch, and it looked exactly how a softball player would approach trying to hit a home run. It was ridiculous. I loved it.
Speaker 1: It was hilarious.
Speaker 3: More now, thirty miles an hour is what I say. Which more of that.
Speaker 1: I'm all for it, baby, I'm here for it. Speaking of a little history, how about today in baseball history, let's do a little of that here today, in two thousand and three, Roger Clemens, after four unsuccessful tries, finally hits a three hundred win club, and everybody rejoices because he's such a popular, wonderful, liked player. Everybody loves Roger Clemens. Speaking of Roger Clemens, though he is no no stranger, to the cy Young Award himself. He has won that award on several occasions. In fact, he has won it one two, three, four five Wait wait, one two, three, four, five six seven times. I thought it was five, but he won it seven times. That's pretty impressive. There's three major league teams that still haven't ever had a cy Young winner. Who are those three major league teams?
Speaker 4: Games?
Speaker 1: There? You go, drop your answers in the chat. Make sure you suscribe to I guess it will be if you want to take a guess, of course you can.
Speaker 3: The Rays.
Speaker 1: Uh. Okay, that's one guest there. You know if that is correct, I'm gonna I'm gonna go.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're not telling I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give some people some time. But in the in the meantime, while we're doing that, one of them is very obvious. Okay, deep dive time. J trail Mutwo stats have not been great. Two forty nine batting average, just three homers, ops is under seven hundred. He's still ranked as the second best catcher in terms of war this season. Are you buying on J. T reil Muto or is this the decline of a catcher Fantasy speaking wise, what do you think.
Speaker 3: I think, well, do you mean of this catcher or the catcher in general.
Speaker 1: Of this catcher of JT Reil Muto?
Speaker 3: Oh, blake'snoll. I forgot about that. Oh man.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to say it until somebody said Blake's now because I need.
Speaker 3: Respect. I think I think the overall catcher has been declining, and this is why I'm relatively I've been anti catcher in fantasy for the most part. The people that always want the edge of like I'm gonna take the best guy, and it's like the best guy is fluid year to year. I mean Dalton varshow I have near the top due to homer stolen bases leading off Romuto. I think if the cost is cheap, that's always my approach with these catchers. But I don't think anybody's looking to trade Ramuto at like a big discount. I think he exists in a top like like top three or four. I think Salvi var Show and are probably one two, and then there's this tier of Romuto. I don't know if Will Smith still sits in there. You probably put you put Contraras into that space. I don't know if I need to go out and get that big advantage at catcher when I think you and also stream the position. I mean, there's only of the good qualified catchers that show up for war by the way I'm fangrafts, there's only seven of them, so you have to take off qualifications. But if you're out there looking for stats, you're not going to get necessarily the stolen bases. But keibert Ruiz isn't performing at that ridiculous of a level. I mean, Christian Bettencourt for the A's right now is four homers and four stolen bases with a betting better batting average. That and j Melinda is another one of those, hitting two fifty eight with six homers. My point is, is is it really worth trading a major asset for a two forty nine batting average with six dolen bases at the catcher position when you can make up the other categories, probably by streaming or for cheap So as much as he's the underperformance, I would say is worth the buy. But I don't think the cost will be worth the buy with how catchers tend to go, so I would actually say no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, I think no is the answer as well.
Speaker 3: You should.
Speaker 1: Catchers in the second half are worse. I think Real Muta will play better, but I don't want to make that investment for the second half. And just so everybody knows, the Padres are not one of those teams. They have four cy Youngs seventy six, seventy eight, eighty nine, and two thousand and seven. So those people, and I think somebody pointed out Jake Peavy was one of them.
Speaker 3: Perhaps ev I love Jake Peevy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Roes have got to be one where it was it Burns when I PV spelled like Eric Burns.
Speaker 3: And oh Eric, I'm telling you Eric PV, not Jake TV. I'm confusing that Eric Burns not one of my favorites. Jake Pev was like my favorite growing up. My two favorite players. It's funny. My very very first Dynastic we ever played in Bogman and I I traded the first overall pick to go to two so I could take Vladimir Guerrero Senior and then I could come back and take Jake Pev before Bogman could. That was I.
Speaker 1: I had a lot of TV shares for many many years. It's funny the Padres actually have more Cy Youngs than the San Francisco Giants, but you never would have thought that too. Rocky got to be one of those, right, the Rockies are one of them.
Speaker 3: Okay, that is correct, though my Campton never could do it with them.
Speaker 1: I saw Marlins was in the chat. Last one here. Finally Brian got it. The Rangers, the Texas Rangers have never had Cy young The Rockies, Marlins and Rangers. Three teams. No Cy Youngs between the three of them. It's funny because you always had the Cincinnati Rens, who just got their first one in twenty twenty. You would have thought the Reds would have had somebody in all these years, but no, no Reds. The Rays had one in twenty twelve and twenty eighteen. Wasn't David Price. Didn't you want to say young Let's say David Price was one of them?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, no respect, I just cheated. I cheated. Now, was just like, what what are the young teams? I immediately went to the young teams?
Speaker 1: So, yeah, well that's that's fine. Twenty twelve.
Speaker 3: What the Rangers surprises me?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh no, I understand, I understand. Well, you know when you think about like the Rangers you know, it's always a hard ballpark to pitchure in the nineties, and then before that, you know, they they they had older pictures like Ferguson Jenkins gonna retread like that. That was the kind of organization they didn't really.
Speaker 3: Hitt on Cockey.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was right, David Price twenty five and twenty twelve.
Speaker 3: Mayor just posted my exact mental thought process. I would have thought Nolan Ryan had he says nine, I would have said like fourteen, Like.
Speaker 1: I oh battle, because he never won a cy Young with the Rangers, but he won his cy Young's with if any one with Houston. Okay, I realize peak Nolan Ryan. You know he pitched for the California Angels. He was good, But peak Nolan Ryan is the same JR. Richard period where you get like the late seventies, early eighties Nolan Ryan, like nineteen eighty one, eighty two Nolan Ryan. That era of Nolan Ryan was so good and then obviously the later version into eighty six when he made the playoffs with that team and then eventually moved on to the Texas Rangers. But no, he did not win so the Rangers again, the Rangers of that team that has like this older starters, this retread guys. Some of the ones from the Padres were pretty interesting. Mark Davis in nineteen eighty nine. That was one of them, which I recall because I'm old. Uh. And for the Padres you had here's some fun ones to some names from the past. We had Eric Ganye the last reliever, win a Cy Young in two thousand, Chris Carpenter in two thousand and five, Brandon Webb in two thousand and six, Jake Peavey in two thousand and seven, tim Linseigham back to back in eight nine, and then Roy Halliday for the Phillies in twenty ten. Again, these are the National League guys. And then there was a twenty twelve ra A Dickey year for the Mets. Remember when young, what a beautiful time.
Speaker 3: Wasn't he involved in the wasn't he involved in like the cinderguard trade or something?
Speaker 1: Yeah, cinderguard and you got Travis Darnault and Cindergart. All right, we're being told to move on. We're getting counted off here by Mayor stat Heroes from the weekend. John Gray six innings, one earned three hits, ten K's Luis Evarino ten k's of his own with one earned over six Urius we mentioned with his ten k's over two earned runs six innings. Pitch Walker was great, Nick Martinez, where did that performance come from? Nine k's one earned run. Joe Muskrove, I've got two shares left for National League Cy Young. It's all invested in Musgrove, and it's all invested in al Contra musk Grove, dick Ks no earned runs like the Musgrove narrative might build though as the season goes on, because the Padres are going to be in contention. The Marlins are not, and that I think might be the difference maker for Musgrove. But this is gonna be a fascating race. Now's the time to get in on it because those two guys are going to the moon. Carlos Rodan eight k's that nice bounce back performance, no earned over six innings. Hey, look the Jose Burrios good start. Five k's eight one earned run. Jordan Montgomery continues to be very solid. He's put together a really good twenty twenty one and a really good start to twenty twenty two. And I see Jordan Montgomery really turning things in the right direction his career. Seth Brown three for twelve with three dingers, though Pete Alonzo with two home runs, So I guess the hand is fine. HEYESL Jaguilar two runs, Nelson Cruz had two of them runs, Josh Bell had two of them runs, Brian Reynolds at two them runs, Jared Walsh had a home run hit for the cycle, and Aaron Judge six for thirteen, two home runs.
Speaker 3: All these players I could have picked this weekend. All these players.
Speaker 1: I can't believe. They scored seventeen runs and judged hit in the home run in that game. I can't believe anyhow, wouldn't I guess you're the losers. The stat zero's Eric lower eight earned five k I'm telling five innings rather, I'm telling you right now, dude, the Milwaukee Brewers are in serious trouble on that division. Serious.
Speaker 3: Remember I've been picking on Laour a whole lot because he was living, he was living the high life off of that insane fastball that he was getting. It just didn't seem sustainable. It was more like a reliever's fastball. And now the secondaries were doing all right, and it's just falling apart. Now. It just it didn't. None of it seems sustainable, and it's starting to unravel a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely is. There's no doubt about that. So are the Milwaukee Brewers who started except because Aaron Ashby six earned runs for him. Martin Perez finally showed up twelve hit, six earned runs. That's Martin Perez. That's the guy I know. Carlos Carrasco five earned runs. If you listen to the waiver Wire Mountain, sorry not the wave Wire, the by Cell video last week, it was trading Martin Perez. Hopefully you listen to you did that before this start. Carlos Carrasco five earned runs for him. Mackenzie Gore six earned runs, bad star for him. Shane Boz came back. I don't want to go crazy about this his first game back, five and runs two and a third. Let's not go crazy about Chris Stratton gave up five earned did not get a single out, and Zach Gallon six runs, four of them arened defense and not helping. Now the hitters, here's who was miserable. Welsh Connor Joe two for seventeen with six strikeouts. Remember at Connor Joe every beginning of the air. That was fun. Remember that that.
Speaker 3: I was never a Connor Joe type of guy. But yeah, not looking good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Jesse Winker another two for twelve. He did at a home run, but six more strikeouts for him. Cabrian Hayes one for twelve, TREMENCDI won for eleven. Horius Hilaire hitless with six gays. Julio two for fourteen, doesn't matter, He's Julio. He's great. Three for sixteen. Cole Calhoun one eighty eight. That was another thing we talked about. Ride the Wave. Pick up col Calhoun two weeks ago and immediately he was in the cell column the next week. So hopefully you picked him up. He did well and you moved on. And if you listen to that, you've been doing very well here. Home run calls for the weekend title. Chaser got two from Byron Buckston on Friday, not get two Welsh I thought he did. I was all happy for Welsh because they thought he called Buckston by forgot.
Speaker 3: And now I'm gonna chase Buston like all we now, I'm gonna get back to chasing my Buckston and it's just not gonna work.
Speaker 1: And I just don't want to chase your own Buckston. Usually you want somebody else to do that for you. But here you go. Title chaser ties to Blum at twenty two. I King of North still hanging around at twenty one, high Cubby at twenty. Then you got at nineteen, of the rest of the people at nineteen, and then four others tied with Joey p eighteen. I see, Larry c Up there too, are good Pala Larry c So, I mean you.
Speaker 3: Gotta put Joe on the board. If Joe is tied at eighteen with others, we can't put I'm sorry, but you can't put a Rando on there. You gotta put Joey on there.
Speaker 1: So congratulations hashtag no randos.
Speaker 3: No randos. I hope I can get there someday. I hope I can be a big boy just like you guys. But not yet. I'm sitting at I think thirteen.
Speaker 1: So I'm Mayor was still salty. Mayor was so salty about you know, this is the guy who called Bryce Harper five thousand times this year. He's so salty that I called Aaron Judge give me crap about Oh it's a us call Aaron judge how many times he called Harper, how many times he called a lot. I mean, he's been like the king of the easy home run. It's not about easy, it's not about heart. It's about right and wrong. Baby. Just get him right and wrong. And I'm feeling it right now, and I am talking smack because I can. I'm on the board and Mike Maher is not.
Speaker 3: Whooo.
Speaker 1: That's right, baby, Let's go. I'm the king of the home run born. Let's go. Let's talk about betting Bros dot Com. Let's talk about bet mgm, the king of sportsbooks. I'm telling you right now you can bet ten dollars win two hundred of bet mgm. You download the app for betmgm or go to betmgm dot com. But use that promo code leading off one word leading off bet ten win two hundred. Doesn't matter what the outcome is. We're giving you free money, and today here is a way to make that money even better and work for you. Ronald of Coonia total bases one and a half. That's at minus one fifteen over at betmgm. These are all bet mgm today. Christian Javier five and a half k's I will go with the over against the Texas Rangers. On that Cole Calhoun alone is good for three minus one twenty on that's still pretty good. Juice Austin is even money for one and a half total bases over on bet MGM. Bryce Harper is at minus one oh five for one and a half total bases, and Vlad Guerrero one and a half total bases is at minus one oh five as well. What do you got today, Welsh for us in terms of the betting market.
Speaker 3: I got to going with the strikeout only one strikeout one. I'm gonna go back to Aaron Nola. I didn't hit it last time. It was a high number. I think it was at seven and a half. I think he ended at six. But Nola has been phenomenal. A week couple weeks ago I laid out that you know, as far as like prolific strikeouts, he was the least walky guy of anyone inside that top strikeout marker, and only really more proficient guys were see McClanahan and I think Garrett Cole or Corman Burns were the only other two. It's said at six and a half, and I am going to take the over up against Miami. They're bottom six in the league on strikeouts, So give me Aaron Nola. Love that one, and I am gonna chase my Buckston and give me Buxton total base overs. Now, the last five games where he's now he didn't get a hit in his last one or two. I think it was one, and I'm not sure if he was in the other. But his last five games where he has gotten a hit, which I think accumulates the last eight games he has hit the two total base marker tonight, Flexen. He is a perfect five for five against in the career. So last five games when he gets hits, they equate to over two total bases. Actually a lot of homers as well, lots of doubles in there. To give me bucks in total bases. Aaron Nola strikeouts put it on the board.
Speaker 1: It seems like a lot of people in the CHET don't care for the Rando's comment, to which I say, have more home runs than me and you won't be a random Oh man, I am, I am feeling it. I like this one today. I don't know why, don't really take my daughter to the doctor. Probably so I'm already in a bad mood.
Speaker 3: Oh I know, well, we're gonna get heal here because this is the mom This is exactly what Rando would say. The randos are why you guys are getting paid to do this. I love that comment.
Speaker 1: That's like, that's they might be the reason the show even exists. Period.
Speaker 3: Those two people.
Speaker 1: You're gonna throw JP in there're maybe doctor Glenn. You're one hundred percent right. I don't care because it's a funny bit. That's all I care about is the bid.
Speaker 3: But we're gonna go with the randos. We're gonna talk about the random Sorry, but yes, you are. You are the king of the Randos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like Mike Mayor trying to rally the randos. You know, the Rando rallier. That's what you are, Mayor guy.
Speaker 3: Oh, I like that.
Speaker 1: Try to do it all, Mayor, try to get everything you can there. All right, let's go to the DFS late for the night real quick, and then our home run calls. So tonight I'll controverse Aaron Nola. A contre is ten point two, Aeronola's ten point one. Look, if you want to be different, you go eron Nola in the tournaments. But I'm telling you right now, we Contra and cashould be crazy not to. Over his last six starts wonder and run or less than every single one of them. He's been as dominants you could possibly get. So just keep it simple tonight, and then if you're looking to scale down Merle, we keep talking about Merle. Kelly here, Meryl. Look, Merle shows up. He's just seven point nine. He's the perfect price. If you want to go Christian Abby at nine to six, I'm okay with that. There's a lot of inequity Darvage at eight point four. If you want to split the difference, I'm fine with that. I would not pair al contra Or and Nola with Manoa tonight. That's too expensive. You're not gonna get enough offense. So take one of those two pitchers, have your tornment lineup, have your cash lineup, and then switch them to just put one in one tournament one in the other, just just because you want to have that one Contra in the tournament, just in case it goes off and either's a complete game shut out or something like that if you have multi entry kind of a player. But Merle is the cheap way out tonight. Darbish is the mid Rangejavier the higher one, but I think you do just as well with Merlin and get more offense on FanDuel. Same thing. Have your contra lineup, which is eleven point three. It's super expensive, but you almost have to have it. Lance Limit is a TRAPID five to five. I wouldn't go after it. Merril Kelly is nine point nine, Nola's ten point two, Manoa is ten point eight. If you're gonna spend ten point eight, you might as well go up to a contra. I mean the Philly strikeout of fair amount to I don't know, Welch. That's how I see the board keeping it simple tonight, Toronto, stand Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Play Land. By the way, I just want to point out, like to your point, everyone on the planet's gonna play Lens.
Speaker 1: And there will be there will be people who play it because if you play it and it hit. I mean, look, you can get every piece you want and play Land tonight. But Lyn's gotta go five innings, and he's got to have some win equity in order to make it even turn out. Even at that cost, he's still gotta have win equity. Toronto, Houston, Minnesota. Those are the stacks for tonight, Gabriel Moreno is just two point two one dk underd Doz. You're swinging a good back three point six Michael chaevs at three k hundred Dozer on FanDuel two point seven Chaves two point five Moreno two point zero. Buxton is the play tonight, Welsh. Before we even came and talk today, you know I had Buckston already in the home run sheet. Let's go five for five. Let's make it four for four tonight with four home runs all the Buckston where you're going for your home run tonight? You want to come come up? You want to join the Buckston trink.
Speaker 3: I mean I too, But I want to get some separation here. I mean, yeah, there's not much of an effect. I'm gonna go Therenado. I'm gonna try to get some boards off on the side here. You got him, take him. I would have taken him if he wasn't on here. I might, you know what, I might even commit to a whole week of Buckston if we can get there, if I can start getting back up. But you got Bucks, and I got Aaron outa who does mayor.
Speaker 1: Have who knows he's probably got Judge no he's got jose L Twova. That's what he's trying to hurt me personally, picking one of my favorite little players.
Speaker 3: He's trying to like he needs to start picking, like he'll start picking the random so like he I like how he's getting into this bit. He wants to be King of the Randos, trying to round against us, but just start picking like just like random, like no name guy me.
Speaker 1: Next thing, you know, Mrs stuck at sixteen.
Speaker 3: Through, he's like David Peralta.
Speaker 1: We're like all right, and JP is one hundred percent. JP is like this Rando has one home run today and joeyp's off the board. You're right, JP, And that's why I love you. See this is fun. This is a good time.
Speaker 3: Ran They were owning this thing for.
Speaker 1: Like two years. The leader, this is the Randos are are crushing us all year, and this is the fun of it. We're trying to have fun. Baseball is supposed to be fun. We're supposed to laugh and enjoy life. This isn't real life.
Speaker 3: This is a lot of fun anymore there, Joe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but doctor Glenn, I do I expect Doctor Glenn to change his name to doctor Rando. Tomorrow. Here in the chat, I'm all about that, So that'll do it for us. We went long today, but obviously it was worth it because it was fun and we had a lot of stuff to talk about. So we'll be back again tomorrow to do it all again. Make sure you subscribe to Fantasy Bros. MLB channel in order to get all your baseball talk. That'll do it for us, But the story of the game goes on for Welsh I'm Joey p See you next time. Rando's By Rando's