Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shady. I am Jiselle Bryant.
Speaker 3: What's up? What's up?
Speaker 1: This is Robin Dixon.
Speaker 3: Robin Dixon in the house and then his own. It is February. It is yeah. Are we ready?
Speaker 1: Are we ready for February action? I'm ready for like the spring, So bring.
Speaker 2: It on, bring on, bring on some heat, some green grass, yes, some sun, some flowers outside, all of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yes.
Speaker 1: And remember I said I don't really start getting to work until February.
Speaker 3: What does that mean, Robin?
Speaker 1: Remember so, like you know, everyone has their January. Oh, this is the jump start to the new year. And yes, I just wait till February.
Speaker 3: We like to get out of my way. Oh okay, to hell with January.
Speaker 1: Yes, January, I'm still like stragglingggling. But February is when I'm like, okay, okay, okay, let's get bad.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 2: Well, do you have a reasonably shady moment? Oh shit, I like your sweatshrip.
Speaker 3: By the way, it's really cute. Anybody who's watching us. If Robin will upload to YouTube, podcast to YouTube. That'd be great. Yeah, I fell off.
Speaker 1: I started uploading stuff to YouTube and then I fell off.
Speaker 3: So so now that's February and you're working again. Yeah, do you think you can do this? Yes, guys, you're gonna see like ten new episodes, yes, all at once. Yeap, Okay, lovely, I don't know. I like you. Thank you. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's like a bunch of kids drew on it or something. Yeah, I don't know, but it's super cute signs I can give you.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna give you my shady moment in a minute, but you can appreciate this. So I was leaving the gym and you know it, the weather was bad. All the cars were yucky looking, and then this one g wagon rolled in.
Speaker 3: It was like blue and it was sparkling clean. I was like, I feel a little shited on right now.
Speaker 2: I drove straight to the car wash.
Speaker 3: And I know you can appreciate this because you do the car wash.
Speaker 1: Queen, right, Yes, well one is the car wash king. He is like, oh my gosh, he is he's critiquing the car. It's like, you gotta, you know, get it done, Ryes. You know what I'm gonna make my car wash my shady moment. This was like a few weeks ago. Okay, but I'm gonna now that you brought that up.
Speaker 3: H huh.
Speaker 1: So we were trying out a new car wash place, new detailed place, right, so and it but it was it's all the way in Owen's Mills. That's far right, for whatever reason, I mean, yeah, so it's like thirty minutes okay, for whatever reason why I wanted to try this new place.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So the thing is you bring it in the morning and you drop it off in the morning, they send you home in an uber oh wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you know.
Speaker 1: They'll you back or whatever for you to pick it up. And so for me, I needed.
Speaker 3: Because I have to pick my kids up and all that type of stuff.
Speaker 1: I told them, all right, I need it back by this time, right, So they got the car like ten in the morning. I needed it back by two thirty.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: It was just a they weren't They weren't like doing like the works.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it was just like a good wash, a good interior clean, all of that. It should have only taken them two hours at the most. And you have a brand new car. So brand new car, right, So I didn't need all of the stuff. So two thirty rolls around, you know, and they're not even picking up the phone.
Speaker 3: What you're calling them? And then I answered it, right, they need to take the phone the range drove on a road trip.
Speaker 1: Road trip, right, So I'm just like and then, you know, I'm waiting for them to send me the uber and all that. So I just uber myself there, right, And I show up and they're still working on my car. Hell, and I'm like, I needed my car. I told you you had plenty of time. You had me bring it at a certain time so it could be done in plenty of time.
Speaker 3: So I show up. They're not done.
Speaker 1: They're still working on it, and I'm sitting there. I'm like, I gotta get my kid. And then so finally bring it around. They bring it around. I get my car and I look and there's still like dirt on the inside, you know what I'm saying. So there was like a spill in my back seat, and I left it there because I wanted the cleaning people to get it. And that's my way of also seeing if they actually cleaned up. So I look in the back seat and the spill is still there, The stain is still there, and then I start looking all over there's dust. I'm like, did y'all clean the inside of my car?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: They was going on a road trip and then they saw it. It's like, oh shit, we gotta get back right.
Speaker 1: So he's like, yes, we did, but we were rushing because you needed it by a certain time. What yeah, Now, But what happened was they had other cars or other you know whatever things that came in and they put them in front of my car. And I'm like, what's the point of me making this a ointment and bringing my car this early? So that just doesn't have to happen. Yeah, I was like so annoyed.
Speaker 3: Did you yell at it? Did you pay?
Speaker 1: I paid before they gave me my car. But what happened was so Wan's car was scheduled to go to them, like I don't know the next day, and he was doing like a full shebang, like a ceramic coating and all this type of stuff, and so he was so mad about them not doing my car right, Like he wouldn't even answer their phone call.
Speaker 2: He wouldn't even so he didn't go no, Oh hilarious, y'all have done with them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Going like all of that for I mean, it's crazy because I'm I know they probably if they did it, if they didn't, you know, run out of time and all that, they would have done a good job.
Speaker 3: But it's m M, So are we gonna blast him now, we're gonna say the name? We're not, Oh, Dan, We're not going to do that. We're not, you know I want to Yeah, just don't go to Owensville's yes, no anyway, and that's a little far for you anyway. So it was good convenient anyway.
Speaker 1: But it was like Wan's bright idea, like he's always just trying like new stuff, new people, new businesses, whatever, And I'm like, can we.
Speaker 3: Just go back to the people there?
Speaker 2: We know, we just need to get wine back in the gym, moving on all right. So recently I went to actually last week I went to the dentist. I had to oh, I talked to you, that's right. So I had to get okay, I went to go get it cleaning, and as I was getting cleaning, he was like, oh, you're back tooth. The feeling is partially gone, but I couldn't feel it. So I was like oh wow, and he showed me in the mirror. I was like, oh wow. He was like, we need to fix that. It's so much so that we have to do a crown. So I was like, okay, I've never had a crown before, but that sounds actually regal, so let's get it.
Speaker 3: Let's get it.
Speaker 2: So he's in there, so I said, look, I need the gas because I hate the dentist. It brings anxiety to my life. I was like, gas me up.
Speaker 3: Did your father do gas? Did he? No? Not really? He and my father.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I've shared this before, but like because he's a dentist and he experienced patients like you who were all like nervous and anxious and you know, oh my god, crazy, right, he would like not threaten me, but like when it was my turn to be service to be like.
Speaker 3: Don't you flinch, don't you say a word owing here nothing, He's gonna punk you. Okay, I can't. He's like, it's all it's not that bad. It's just that bad. You just make it.
Speaker 2: Worse when you and they're all scared, acting all chants and stuff.
Speaker 3: He's like, so don't you do that?
Speaker 1: So I went in and I got my when I went to get my wisdom teeth out, my father didn't do it, but the oral surgeon did it. I went in there. They just gave me local anesthesia. He's like, you don't need gas.
Speaker 2: You don't need yeah, and you you want to punch your father in the face for that, right.
Speaker 1: No, But like I think that's where I developed, Like I have a high pain tolerance.
Speaker 3: So no one needs that though, I know. But he was just like, you don't need you don't need all that, and you okay, I'm mad. I'm mad at miss frank and you don't need to.
Speaker 1: Don't go in there giving him a hard time and makes their jobs harder.
Speaker 3: I don't care. I'm paying you anyway, but think about it.
Speaker 1: Because you're tense and you're nervous, that makes the experience worse.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I'll just relax. I want to give it up to my identist, Marcus Tapping because he doesn't want to hear your mouth. Oh, he was like, knock your ass out.
Speaker 3: So he was like, gas me up. I don't think I've ever been that high in my life.
Speaker 2: Like I was like, so you can go from a scale from like zero to ten, he was like, all right, I got you at a seven right now.
Speaker 3: I was like, I need a hate Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So I am like straight, like high, like like delirious, like it was, are you talking crazy?
Speaker 3: No, I can't talk. He's in my mouth. Okay, okay, anyway, he's in there.
Speaker 2: He's like, I do I I WO came out of my highness. He said to me, So I've got to fix the tooth next to it. I was like, what the hell are you talk about. He's like, and while I'm in here, I might as well just do it. He was like, I'm gonna take a picture of it so you can see.
Speaker 3: My God.
Speaker 2: So he took a picture and he said he just needed to fix the feeling. It's like, let me just fix it, put other feelings in it.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Long story, charge your insurance. I paid out of pocket. Oh okay, trying to charge you? Yeah?
Speaker 4: More.
Speaker 2: No, I really needed it, and I trust the God. I've been to going to him for like thirty years. Anyway, long story short, what this is not a shady moment. The shady moment is. Oh no, I don't have a shady moment. I was the shady moment. I was high as a kite and I liked it. Okay, I enjoyed myself, Yes, I did.
Speaker 3: Okay, I was high as a kite and I liked it. I think it's I kissed the girl and I liked it. Yeah, so now's away. Why was why?
Speaker 1: And I were in a restaurant recently and that song came on What I Kissed the Girl, Katy Perry?
Speaker 3: I I kissed? How does it go? I kissed the girl and I liked it.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm singing it wrong, you are, but go ahead, people know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: And he was like, he's like did you hear that? And I was like, oh, like, well, this song is oldest.
Speaker 2: Shit, yeah, maybe twenty years yes. Yeah, He's like huh Like he was so confused. He was like, who is this?
Speaker 1: I'm like, Katie Perry, this is like the first song that Katie Berry put out right put her on the map.
Speaker 3: Yes, he was.
Speaker 1: He was just like so tickled by the song and he was like he had never heard it before.
Speaker 3: I'm like, where have you been play? He was in the gym getting kicked out.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Moving on, So a couple of weeks ago, you said we're talking about the Jetsons and we're talking about flying cars. Yes, there's now a flying car.
Speaker 3: Well, someone emailed us too.
Speaker 2: Somebody emailed us and little Deval, who we love, we chit chatted with a little while ago. He posted and he said, this is for y'all who wanted to see a flying car. It's flies pretty much like a drone and it takes you to your destination and it flies itself. Yeah, and there's there's gonna be less accidents.
Speaker 1: So so he's saying, what did he he's and he showed a video, Oh, a video of it. Yeah, that sounds like a helicopter.
Speaker 2: It looks helicopter ish, but I'm sure when it gets to the ground it like all that goes in Yeah, and reverts to a So is.
Speaker 1: This a test that there are they testing?
Speaker 4: This?
Speaker 3: Is this like or is it really being used? Either way, it's happening. It's coming. So Corey and Carter will have flying cars.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, okay, I don't know if I'm gonna be This is gonna be my means of transportation when I get older, but I'm gonna leave.
Speaker 3: It to the kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I just want to see, how do you how do you direct the traffic?
Speaker 3: Oh oh, and prevent crashes up up there? Yeah, if there's like thousands of them.
Speaker 1: Yes, there's no lanes, there's no traffic lights, no stop signs, Like, how do you do that?
Speaker 3: That's a that's a whole lot. Yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I you know, a friend of ours told us to watch Kings of Mayortown. No, Jesus, Mayor of Mayortown. It's wrong with my brain. Mayor of Kingstown's Mayor of Kingstown. It's on paramount.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's and it's how many seasons have been out?
Speaker 3: Two? Two, and okay, three is coming out? Three out?
Speaker 2: I think three is coming out anyway. I just finished season one and it is riveting and it's about like listen, it's gritty, it's hardcore.
Speaker 3: It's not for the faint of heart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's about the prison systems and prison the inmates is the whole situation anyway. There's so much going on in jail right that is out of control. Somebody wrote us a letter about it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, about because we were talking about the drones delivering drugs.
Speaker 3: Yes, and she agreed, you have it? Did you find it? Yes? Okay, here we go. Okay, so this is from Katie Yates. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And by the way, one watched Mayor of kings Kingstown or whatever your Kingstown and I would sit there with him. But it's one of those shows like you really have to be locked in to really know what's going on.
Speaker 3: So I never really kept up with it.
Speaker 2: All right, So very quickly she said, this is from Katie. Hello, girls, my name is Katie. I love love, love, love love love the podcast and look.
Speaker 3: Up to both of you from Housewives. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Anyways, my dad was in prison for eleven years. I know a ton about prisons and what goes on and how some things happen and how.
Speaker 3: Shady those guards are.
Speaker 2: With that said, inmates will have their people in the middle of the night come to the facility. Now, mind you, Robin. She's writing this because when I said I was watching something and the drones, the man popped out the window from his cell and the drone was right there and he got the drugs.
Speaker 1: Right, yes, yes, so And I was like, and you like they do that. They should they should be able to see it to intercept it.
Speaker 3: And you're like to say, you're making that up. I'm like you talking crazy. Okay, So anyway, so she said a fact check.
Speaker 2: Yes, she said that in the middle of the night that comes to the facility where the yard is an outside area the inmates are allowed to go to, and they go outside to walk, play basketball, and.
Speaker 3: Socialize whatever we see it in the movies.
Speaker 2: We see in the movies they will have their people drop drugs from a drone somewhere in that area so that the next morning when they're outside they can find it. Okay, And sometimes they have their people cut open a tennis ball. Yes, I saw this on Mayor of Kingstown, and they put it in the tennis ball and then they hit the tennis ball over to the yard.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, yes, wow, So this is happening. That is insane.
Speaker 1: It's well, she didn't say me, Robin didn't say no. No, Katie did not say that the drones were that the men were sticking their arms out of the window.
Speaker 3: No, she didn't say that, but I wouldn't. It's implied.
Speaker 1: I would have believed you if you said they were dropping it in the yard, So it's implied.
Speaker 3: Robin Dixon is.
Speaker 1: But I still think that's insane that these yards are that pitiful.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think they care. I don't think they care.
Speaker 2: I think it's like the lay of the land, like the guards kind of like look the other way.
Speaker 3: They pick their battles.
Speaker 2: They pick their battles like going and let them have the drugs and sell the drugs. And I mean, you can't fight every fight in the And that was like, that's the whole premise of the show. Mayor of King, sound like they have to like pick and choose when they're gonna lock it down.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's true. Yeah, that's true. Okay, So do you have a question. Do you feel like you have a superpower? Yes, you do. What's your superpower? Not giving up? I can't breathe.
Speaker 1: It is because when I try to, like when like whenever, like friends or someone like they're going through something and they need advice, and I'm like, oh my god, I wish I could just take my I don't give anis and give it to you.
Speaker 3: You would be like, oh, I don't give it right. You would just keep it moving.
Speaker 1: You would stop having your anxiety and stop worrying about shit. Yes, like it's y'all. I can't tell y'all how freeing it is to not give one.
Speaker 3: But you have to one.
Speaker 2: But when does the give a kick in because you have to care about some something.
Speaker 1: I mean, but it's okay, you care when when it involves actually something that's like detrimental to other people or to yourself.
Speaker 3: Okay, are your kids or something? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, But when it's something, when it's you know, when someone for has an opinion about you, or you know they're not being nice to you, yeah, whatever, Like if someone is showing their true colors, then just say, all right, well.
Speaker 3: You you ain't my friend, and I'm keep it more of it, like you know what I'm saying. Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 2: So there's four humans okay that have a real life superpower that scientists cannot explain. Oh okay, so one which I don't find this to be a superpower because I think I have a little bit of this.
Speaker 3: This guy named Steven. He is a photographic memory. Okay, but that's kind of how I used to like study for my tests. Like I would be able to see, like if I wrote notes, I'd be able to see the whole page, and I'm able to turn the page and be like, oh no, that answers on page three, And I would turn the page in my mind. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's not impressive Steve, but he probably and I agree with that, like writing down notes made it easier for me to comprehend stuff. Yeah, but he probably if his photographic memory is probably like he can you can show him a picture of a face that he saw twenty years ago and he'll remember exactly where you were and what that person said or something.
Speaker 3: Like yes, yes, his high tech. Yeah that's pretty cool, all right. I like that.
Speaker 2: So this man named whim he withstands freezing temperatures, like he can be outside with like no shirt on, no pants, oh wow, and he can withstand freezing temperatures. Is that Is that a superpower or a thick skin?
Speaker 1: That's a super power to me because I know if I walk outside and it's cold in that that cold is hitting your face. Yeah, that is like one of the worst feelings in the world to me.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: And and we've and I've had this discussion with Wan the you know, I like the debate. It's like, would you rather be stuck outside in freezing cold temperatures or in like one hundred degree in humid? Yeah, And I'm like, give me a hundred degree in humid any day.
Speaker 2: But if you're stuck outside and freezing, do you have the coat and the hat and you like, do you have all the things keep you warm?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But still that's not like, that's not fun. Yeah, yeah, both of them are miserable.
Speaker 1: I don't when I say freezing out, I don't mean thirty two degrees, I mean like below zero and windy.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh, the wind will kick your ass. Yees. Okay, this is the last one. Thigh. I thought you said four.
Speaker 2: I have four, but the one is stupid. Okay, so thigh. They I don't know how to pronounce the same.
Speaker 3: He hasn't slept since nineteen seventy three.
Speaker 2: His eyes have not closed for more than No, I have one that's actually stupid than this one. Nineteen seventy three? You never slept? Are you kidding? Torture old?
Speaker 3: To see he.
Speaker 2: Is, doesn't say, But he looks like an older man.
Speaker 3: No, actually he's.
Speaker 2: Eighteen, but he looks one hundred and fifty because he hasn't slept since seventy three.
Speaker 3: Who want to do that? No, one, that's not fun. Do we call that a superpower? That's not a super that's actually something's wrong. And you might need to take what you are. What do you do all through the night when everyone else is sleeping? You're watching Netflix, Netflix and chill. I don't know. But that's not the power that I want. I don't want that. Okay. I also want to talk about TJ and and Amy because.
Speaker 1: Hu J Holmes, Amy Robot, Yes, when we all know they the lovers.
Speaker 2: The lovers got kicked off of gm GMT three Good Morning America because they were cheating on their spouses with each other.
Speaker 1: Yes, and now they're specials of dating each other, yes.
Speaker 3: Spousal dating each other.
Speaker 2: And now they have a podcast, yes, which I'm kind of thinking they shouldn't be.
Speaker 3: Doing because they're.
Speaker 2: Actually telling us too much information that we don't need to know.
Speaker 3: Hold on, y'all hear something? Oh I thought I could hear something. No, No, I thought I hear heard something too, so weird. It's ghosting here, It's it's a ghost. It's the man who has slept since ninety three. He's talking to us. Okay, So anyway, I want to let y'all hear something because she's talking crazy. Okay, Oh that's what it was. Yes, I'm sorry. So TJ and an Amy have a podcast. Yeah, and I think they're giving us like way too much information. Yeah. I keep seeing headlines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're all like, and you know, I'm because you know when people take headlines about us, and it's just like sensational lit. So I kind of don't really judge off the headline.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I read the headline. I'm like, this don't sound like this ain't good. Doesn't sound good. Okay, so what does she say? Well, on the same page about how we're feeling? What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: I just think how we communicate with each other, but you might not realize hurts me. I say things or do things that I don't realize hurt you. Sometimes it's it's really just almost your demeanor.
Speaker 3: It just felt robotic. I guess over the last several days.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you, if you smile at me, reached over and grabbed my knee, just a quick reminder that we're in this together would just be like a nice nod.
Speaker 3: To WoT we are who we are and then we're in it together. Are y'all laughing? Okay, I'm so confused.
Speaker 1: Okay, they even dating for five minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we can we talk about when you do this and when you do that? What what? What? I think TJ didn't know what he was getting say about. TJ is probably like, where where is Marley? Where are my ex wife at?
Speaker 2: Because this she it sounds like she's just whiny. Yes, like, oh my gosh, put your hand on my knees so I.
Speaker 3: Can know that we're we're good. What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Okay, y'all have blown up your life. Y'all have left y'all significant others for each other.
Speaker 1: And now you're bitching after five minutes. Yeah, dating, Well, your.
Speaker 2: Bitchin saying you've got to show me that we're supposed to be together and that we're okay.
Speaker 3: So just put your hand on my knee. I can't what are you freaking kidding? I'm so mad right now? And he's saying what he's just like, he's like, okay, he's being a dude. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: But they also said that they were drinking eighteen drinks. Oh, they also said that they were drinking eighteen he's he was he but she was with him. She wasn't drinking as much, but he was drinking eighteen.
Speaker 3: Drinks a day. Is that right? Yeah? Yes, you had eighteen drinks a day.
Speaker 2: Let's do the math. Let's do the math on that. Twenty four hours in a day. So he's drinking like once, not one an hour.
Speaker 3: Does he sleep or no?
Speaker 2: Okay, see the man. Or we're gonna say he sleeps, he sleeps eight hours. So let's let's just say he sleeps eight Let's give him sick. Let's give him sick. Okay, six hours. So there's eighteen nineteen twenty one hour.
Speaker 3: That's one an hour. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a lot of drinking. I think that's a superpower. And you're still alive. That's a superpower. That is super He needs to get his liver checked. If the liver is like nice and clean and healthy, he's amazing superpower. Yeah yeah, go tea j.
Speaker 3: We have detected what your superpower is.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, I don't recommend anyone doing that. No, no, now, I go ahead.
Speaker 3: I can't drink alcohol like I used to. No, I don't. I don't even have desire to do it. I have a desire, okay, but it makes my feet swell.
Speaker 1: Up like an old lady. Well have we talked about this?
Speaker 3: We did, but you said that was wine.
Speaker 1: It's just anything now. Oh really, I feel like it's anything. And what really sucks is like, okay, so if we go out, yeah, and I get a cocktail when we're out and I have on heels, that's grewed a disaster.
Speaker 3: Okay, but you you should.
Speaker 2: You should try different different liquors because I'm thinking there's something in it. Like Wine's definitely not I don't drink wine, yeah, but maybe if you drank I don't know, Jen vodka, tequila.
Speaker 1: I'm like scared. I mean like I'm just scared for the Tennessee to effect. And you know you should.
Speaker 3: You should buy them all and do like a test in your house. One an hour, one an hour, yes, one, and I'll definitely yes swollen and yes, eighteen a day. That's discussing that.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just just knowing how alcohol makes.
Speaker 3: Me feel like that. That's a lot. That's disgusting. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So when I was on vacation in St. Barnes, I would only drink at night, like I wouldn't like day drinking.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, and the heat and the sun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then it messes me up for the night time and it's just like, unless I'm really.
Speaker 3: Drunk, I don't want to bother. Yeah, you know what I mean. Having one drink is a waste. Yeah, I need at least four.
Speaker 1: Right, Nice is a waste? Yeah, because I didn't do anything. It doesn't necessarily taste great. Yeah, you know, and you're you know, most people drink to have some sort of effect or feeling from it.
Speaker 3: I want to get nice and sloshy. Four okay, three and a half? Okay? Three? Okay? Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember I was in Cabo at an all inclusive resort with my girlfriends. This is not this past summer, but the summer before. And the food at the resort was amazing. Okay, but the drinks had to have been watered down so much because we drank all day at.
Speaker 3: The pool and didn't feel a thing. You were drinking water, Yes, you drink kool aid. We're like, what is the boy? It was crazy? The food was great. What is that place called? Okay? Le Blanc?
Speaker 2: Okay, So for the for Christmas, for the holidays, did any of your kids ask for a Stanley cup?
Speaker 3: That's a girl thing? Oh is it? Yes?
Speaker 2: Because okay, so Angel got Grace one, right, and she swears by this Stanley cup like anytime she face times me, She's like holding on this dumb ass cup. So I'm like, that's At first I didn't know what it was. I was like, that's big a ship, Like what is that? She was like, Oh, it's my Stanley cup. Angel gave it to me. So and then it's a thing people are stealing. Stanley cup is a thing.
Speaker 3: It is a what is the thing? I don't know.
Speaker 1: So Corey, my kids don't have one, but his his little girlfriend has one.
Speaker 2: Oh they still together? Uh huh okay girlfriend, Wait a minute, what did he get over for Christmas?
Speaker 3: He got her Pandora charms. Oh cute.
Speaker 1: She has Pandora bracelet and necklace and some uggs.
Speaker 3: Oh very nice. So do you have a job or this was Robin?
Speaker 2: Robin bought her Pandora charms ands. Okay, I'll just check it because my kids have jobs. Unfortunately he does not have a job. Okay, yes, okay, that was very nice of you, Robin. Does she thank you for her kids? Well, she thanked Corey.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so she like brings her Stanley cup over like when she comes over and st right.
Speaker 3: It's just like but it's so weird. It's like mayhem.
Speaker 1: People are obsessed with these standing cups, and I guess the appeal of them is, you know, they keep your drinks cold or hot or whatever, which a lot of those other cups do as well. Right, So why are these they can do? And then and then they can they can withstand a fire?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: So someone had someone's car caught on fire and their Stanley cup was undamaged? What unblemished?
Speaker 3: Really that happen? That's are we sure about that? That's not a real thing. Yes, But who intents for their shit to catch on fire? And they're worrying about a damn cup. I don't fall out of a plane, right, any of that? I don't. Okay, this isn't that serious.
Speaker 2: This woman in California recently was arrested for stealing approximately twenty five hundred dollars worth of Stanley cups.
Speaker 3: Look at them, they're all over the car.
Speaker 2: Twenty five hundred dollars and I want how much?
Speaker 3: I wonder how much one car? It's probably twenty five. I think they're like forty forty dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, And so people are probably because they're like sold out everywhere. Yeah, there's like a probably a resale market where people are like paying hundreds of dollars for for Stanley cup. Yes, that is so weird. It's I need Okay, if there's anyone listening, yeah, and you are in on this Stanley Cup obsession craze, fad trend.
Speaker 3: Let us know.
Speaker 1: Please let us know and tell us why. Just tell us why, tell us why. But it's so funny. I've seen like I don't know, videos of like people imitating all the girls and their Stanley cups, and it's like all the girls they have their their Stanley cup, the Lululemon leggings. Yes they're Nike dunks, like they all have the same little outfitiform one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: And then you'll see like videos where people are like walking around these like huge cups, like you know, pretending like they're Stanley cups with their like monstrous It's just I mean, it's funny. It's funny to see people joking. Speaking of stealing, Huh, did you see there was a Washington Wizards player that was arrested for stealing from target?
Speaker 3: Yes he wasn't. Is he a current player?
Speaker 1: I don't think, Well, they released he was at that time when he was stealing Yeah, he was on the current roster. His salary was like one point five million dollars and he's stealing from Target. He stole from Target, body wash, dandals.
Speaker 3: Why. Yes, I don't know.
Speaker 1: His name is Ryan Hollins. I think he's like in his second or third year in the NBA. Yeah, and he he was traded to the Wizards over the summer, and so he wasn't with the Wizards that long. But in the months of like November and December. I think he stole from Target like seven times.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 2: Yes, it wasn't like a one night I didn't have my wallet and I need to get some body wash.
Speaker 1: He's a klepto. Wow, that's a problem, multiple times. Right, So it's like and then they released him recently.
Speaker 3: But why why for what the thrill is that a thrill?
Speaker 1: I guess Okay, I just want everyone to know every store is under surveillance. A Target, a Walmart, shit, seven to eleven, all of them, they're under surveillance.
Speaker 3: So you're not gonna get away with it. So I want, especially when you're a.
Speaker 1: Tall black basketball player, a yeah, like you're standing out, yeah, sticking out, Yeah, and someone's just going to watch you so I wonder if he was walking down the ouse putting the stuff in his you know, coat pocket or whatever, or if he was doing the self checkout thing and not scanning everything.
Speaker 3: Like I really wonder how that was happening. Well, the self checkout. You know what's so wild about that.
Speaker 2: I always say to myself, Wow, this is really the honor system, because you could just like throw it in your bag and keep it pushing him.
Speaker 3: I do not do that. No, I don't either, but I could see people doing that.
Speaker 1: I noticed recently though, my grocery store now has cameras, and so it's like if they think that you put something in the bagging area, you didn't scan it, then they the video. Then there's like video showing you scan the stuff or not scan the stuff. They had that whole foods okay, because that happened to me the other day. I like the thing glitched on me or whatever or no, I was not stealing. I scanned it. I did what I was supposed to do.
Speaker 3: And then it was like do and the press came over.
Speaker 1: And watching a video and I'm like, oh my god, wow, okay, but still, but an MBA player making one point five whatever million dollars, dude, feel it. I think he was just like unhappy, you know, because he came from the Golden State Warriors, which is a wonderful organization. Yeah, it's like the organization topped bottom phenomenal to the Washington Wizards, which.
Speaker 3: Tops a bottom, not phenomenal. Yeah, I'm not going to say anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so maybe it was just like miserable and he was even like he was an outlet.
Speaker 2: He was spelling that was this outlet. All right, we got we have Asia. Oh, Asia sent us. Asia's one of our faves. And she coming to Philly. Asia Asia Asia.
Speaker 1: I think it's Asia. It's just spelled as Hia, So.
Speaker 3: It's Asia Asia.
Speaker 2: Listen, Gibbs, it's coming to Hopefully she's coming to Philly.
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 2: Probably all right, So she wrote us and she said she's thirty and she is thriving. Woo hi, ladies, I'm writing in because on February fifth, I'll be turning thirty years loved.
Speaker 3: Oh, I like that thirty years loved Happy Birthday. It would mean the world to me for my favorite rich aunties to give me a birthday shout out. What was up? And happy? I guess I guess I am am I the rich auntie and you two birthday.
Speaker 1: She can't be talking about us because somebody in this world keeps calling us broke.
Speaker 3: So can't be and.
Speaker 2: Which listen the press that's calling its broke. It's not in our tax briday. Okay, okay, all right. So she has a question, do the two of you remember your thirtieth birthday? Would what did you do to celebrate? Also, what advice would you give someone who is entering into their thirties? Huh, I don't remember my thirtieth birthday. Don't let me think. Okay, I remember mine.
Speaker 1: So, first of all, happy thirtieth birthday, Asia, Yes, thirty is like the I feel like that decade of thirties is one of a lot of growth and evolution. Yes, and you really start to like start to come into the person that you're gonna be.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be yep.
Speaker 1: So thirty thirty, Yes, like, enjoy it, make the most of it, and it goes fast and you'll be like, oh my god, I'm forty. Right, forty is good? But oh happy birthday? Okay, So thirty is awesome. So my thirtieth birthday.
Speaker 3: I share?
Speaker 1: Okay, mine, I have a group of friends, college friends and a couple of us aries, so like, and we were both turning thirty, and so we planned a girl's trip with love a bunch of girls.
Speaker 3: Okay, right, are you sure? Because it was a girl's trip.
Speaker 1: I can't remember how many of us. It's like, probably like ten of us. So we're going to Miami, doing the Miami thing. We had activities planned, you know, dinner, clubs, yacht all this type of stuff, right, all these activities. Everyone were all on gosh when I was thirty, I don't even know if it was like a group. I don't know how we communicated, but emails whatever. Everyone got the itinerary. Everyone knew where we're staying, what we're paying, what we're doing, blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: So my best friend from college at the time.
Speaker 3: Was going.
Speaker 1: But she was notorious for always wanting a hookup.
Speaker 3: Oh God, I hate those people.
Speaker 1: Yes, notorious, and she would do it wherever we went. We would always, you know, go to NBA All Star weekends and lowndes of morning weekend and Miami. Like we would just always be going places, and she always wanted a hook up for anything.
Speaker 3: She didn't want to pay for anything.
Speaker 1: Now she has a great job, she makes good money, she saves her money. It's good with her money, like you know, it's she's not broke by any means. And I had seen her do it over and over and over to other people, but she had never really done it to me because I was always in a position like.
Speaker 3: Wan was in the NBA. You know, I didn't.
Speaker 1: I would always treat everyone, you know, so I never asked anyone for anything. But when it came to this trip, people had to contribute. Like, if you wanna we're gonna go to the club. Everyone contribute to go to the you know.
Speaker 3: To get the table. If you want to, we're gonna go go on the yacht. You gotta contribute this to go on the yacht. Yes, blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: So when it came time for her to contribute, she was like, Oh, no, I have a friend there and I'm just gonna, you know, my friend is to get me in what And then like yeah, it was just every little thing. It was, Oh, I have someone someone down there, and she's gonna she knows people at that club, and we're gonna do this. And and this friend here, she's gonna do this, And I was so angry with her because I'm like, you do this to everyone, now you're doing it to me. Right, I've never made you pay for anything a day in your life, and now and then you're bringing strangers around you our birthday celebration. Oh yeah, that's We were at Prime one twelve and this old, nasty ass bitch walked up in a restaurant to because to meet my friends. Yeah, but my friend was there for us. Oh, and she's all and we're all looking at her like, who the fuck are you?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And then and so then my friend's like, oh, well, I'm gonna go. And she was her older so older chapter so war.
Speaker 3: I'm and I'm own this bitch.
Speaker 1: So then she's like, I'm gona I'm gonna go with her because she's gonna get us. And it was a whole fall out. Yeah no, So it was like, oh my god. And one of the other friend that was celebrating her thirtieth birthday was her line's sister, so she not only did it to me her best friend, she also did it to her line sister. So we didn't talk for three years. What yes, three years. I didn't want to say one word to her. I was like, I'm I can't. Like it was just like you're done, No, you're done.
Speaker 3: You always want to hook up.
Speaker 1: And first right, you're bringing strangers around that are giving us the evil eye. And you know what I'm saying. I mean, oh my god, that this story keeps going on. I was pregnant, like six months pregnant, maybe not six months, maybe four months whatever, six months and the girl that my friend brought around that we didn't know. So so I'm in the club with my friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we left her.
Speaker 1: And then they walk in the club and she walks up to one of my friends. It says something and it rolls out like what, So I asked her for her I said, what she said to you? And she was like, I don't know, I can't remember what she said. She said, whatever you said. I turned my pregnant ass around and like ran after the girl.
Speaker 3: The girl runs out the damn club. But I mean, it was just it was a man fighting pregnant.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was a mess, and it was just it was just mayhem. So I was just so mad. I was like, this is my thirtieth birthday. Yeah, and you ruined it and and you over here worrying about a damn hookup. You can't just take one for the team and go with the flow and be with the group, and you got a So that was my thirtieth birthday experience.
Speaker 3: So did she apologize after we talked to her thirty years I mean, three years later? Yeah, she did.
Speaker 1: We're good now, Like, okay, we're good now I know who this person is. You've met her, Joy was the joy. Yeah, but I didn't want to say her name.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, Joy, you were wrong for that, yes.
Speaker 1: But but I really was just like I cannot talk to you anymore because like that, you just don't do that ship for a friend, like you're so selfish. But she she has realized that about herself and she has Yes, she has changed her ways, good big time. Okay, she stops all that and yeah.
Speaker 3: So good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well advice for I can't remember my thirtieth birthday at all. I'm sure I was doing something on a table or something. I don't know anyway, But like when you get into your thirties, it's like, okay, it's now time to be an adult, right, So that goes to Joy like you you're playing little girl games and you're doing some immature nonsense like be an adult, right, figure out what makes you happy.
Speaker 3: And what makes you sad and living happy? Yeah, yeah for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I say, like, like I said, for your thirties, it's definitely a time I think of lots of change. Yeah, a lot of people, I know, my thirties were I had some kids, I had three kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I had kids.
Speaker 1: We went you know, I went through divorce, We went through you know, financial challenges.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had to kind of like you know, figure shit out and work. I was working multiple jobs at a point, began the house. I was of Potomac in my thirties, Yes, you know. So it was just like so much, and I just kept telling myself, like it's okay, Like whatever it was that I was going through, I knew I would be okay. So I'm gonna say, like, your thirties aren't always going to be beautiful, but just know that what you go through during your thirties is building you into becoming a much better person. Yeah, A wiser person, a more well rounded person, and it's just shaping your experiences.
Speaker 3: Yes, I agree with all of that. Robin Dixon.
Speaker 2: Okay, So sometimes people write as things and they're nasty and we don't read them.
Speaker 3: But I decided we're gonna read one today. Oh okay, okay, So this is from Linda Martin. What's up, Linda? Are we really saying hi to Linda? She says, it is shameful that you gloated over leaving a poor, broken deer, possibly withering and pain until he or she he or she succumbed to its injuries. Where is your like? What's insane? Where is your compassion? Forty miles an hour? It's too fast to be driving. Where you know living things are crossing? It's thirty miles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's thirty in New York and they're trying to get it down to twenty. People want to live around nature and then disregard, and you disregarded.
Speaker 3: I'm done with this shit that promotes this bad behavior. And you're bad English. I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: I feel you, yeah, she said, I feel you represent everything wrong in our nation.
Speaker 3: Oh, everything wrong, everything wrong? She said, I really want to get my point across. I thought you guys were decent people rather than shallow narcissis. Listen, lil this was a comedy read's funny as shit, Like, what are you talking about? Lady? I had fifteen thousand dollars worth of damages to my car. What I'm saying she could have died.
Speaker 1: Jesus would have died affording that, poor dear withering in pain.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me? Yes? Have my kids hit it? They would be dead. I'm like, are you that little kidding? Okay? But thank you for sharing. Yes, yeah, sometimes we got to we gotta read the haters. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So and she says she's not now mind you. She should be listening because you know, we gave her.
Speaker 3: I hope she is.
Speaker 2: If anyone knows, Linda, listen, Linda to listen, listen.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So, So, a couple of weeks ago, I said to the people, because we were ending season three, renow in season four of Recently Shape.
Speaker 1: Recorded one hundred and twenty episode twenty one and counting.
Speaker 2: Yes and counting, So, I said, has every has anybody listened to every episode one hundred and twenty? And if you have, please let us know. And I thought it was gonna be like three people that like write in.
Speaker 1: So wait, she said, let us know so we can send you a prize.
Speaker 2: I just said it, and Robin was like, no, Jase, that we're not giving everybody a prize.
Speaker 3: And I was like, why not stopping the price? Yeah?
Speaker 1: So anyway, a bunch of y'all wrote in, so I want to know, Giselle, Yes, what price am I giving to fifty sending the more than fifty five people who email?
Speaker 3: That's just email? I know I need to go look in the DM. I got DMS. I know people DM. Let's stay close to seventy five.
Speaker 2: Okay, so seventy five people have listened that we know that we're kind enough to tell us and listen every single episode.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's a lot of time. Yeah, they have given to us. That's a lot of price. Appreciate I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: So, Robin, what can we give the people? A lot of them said they listened multiple times too. Oh wow, yeah, this was just like so cool. Okay, So what can we give to people?
Speaker 3: Robin? Mmmm?
Speaker 1: We can in them all one Wegman's cookie.
Speaker 3: Oh, not a whole job, not a whole container. No, the thing is like fifteen dollars. Okay, So.
Speaker 2: Listen if they come to the show, any show that we have live show, I'm gonna give.
Speaker 3: Them a hug, and we're gonna give a paddle. We can give them a paddle. No, okay, not giving them? How do we verify these things? True? True? This is very true. Are we fact checking here? Yeah, we got a fact check. I don't know. There's no way to do it. Okay, okay, fine, Robin.
Speaker 1: So this is what we're going to give you all. Okay, we love you dearly.
Speaker 3: The end, Robin. That is so mean. It's not mean. How do we prove it? How do we give it? All? Right? So the people that email and and you all wrote.
Speaker 1: Like nice emails, we asked you, like, tell us what you like, yes, what you don't.
Speaker 3: I'm about to read one.
Speaker 1: Yes, we appreciate all of that. I mean, okay, we can like shout out their names.
Speaker 2: Or something we can. This is from Jamiel. So Jamiel who was listened to every episode. She said, hijaz Allen, Robin, I listen to the pod this morning, and I'm here to tell you that I have listened to all one hundred and twenty episode since the premiere. As soon as y'all mentioned it on RHOP, I was ready for the Shenanigans.
Speaker 3: It is. Yes.
Speaker 2: I think my favorite parts of the show are the reasonab shady moments and when y'all talk about bizarre things happening in your and your reactions are always funny. I also like the advice to letters that come in.
Speaker 3: That's nice. The only thing that I would change here we go.
Speaker 2: Only thing that I would change if I could, is perhaps the day you record. I think you record like four or five days before the episode drops, so oftentimes you are responding to current events. But a lot of things have changed. That's very true, so I feel might have a different take on the things.
Speaker 3: But okay, that's okay. She's right about that, all right, So we'll keep that in mind, Jamie. She said, my favorite thing is when Gizelle says, what do I say that? You say?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Yes? All right, she says.
Speaker 2: She says all the time with their friends do I say that? And they don't get the reference. So have a great week, ladies. Yes, all right, thank you, Jamie.
Speaker 1: Yes, so, Jamie, Yes, we do record a few days prior, and I mean clearly, we drop our.
Speaker 3: Episodes on a Monday. The weekend. People aren't working editing.
Speaker 1: Podcasts and stuff like that, so we want to make sure that we get our content over to our producer, wonderful producer Taylor.
Speaker 3: Yes, we love Taylor.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Taylor in time so that he can enjoy his weekend. So yes, sometimes we record on a Thursday. Yes, sometimes it's a Wednesday. Yeah, because we are busy, you know, we gotta fit both of our schedules.
Speaker 3: And I'll give you a little secret.
Speaker 1: Sometimes we film well, most times we film two episodes in one day, so we'll record one episode that is more current. So you'll notice one episode like every two weeks. One episode will involve current topics and then the next episode will be a little bit more general.
Speaker 2: Yes, such as this one, such as this one. Okay, so okay, this is the last thing. Mark Johnson. He also listened to one hundred and twenty and he feels like we should have like the greatest hits or our funniest moments episode.
Speaker 3: So this is for Taylor, our producer.
Speaker 2: It will include moments such as Giselle's reaction to Congressman's mistaken identity of Robin as the first lady.
Speaker 3: I don't even remember that. Oh I remember that, yes, but I don't remember your reaction.
Speaker 2: Right, Jesseelle's reaction to Robin getting Carter to play the cellos He plays the cello.
Speaker 3: This was it was Corey.
Speaker 1: I think, well, yeah, I had him play when he was in Goa suggested that they played so and this is so funny. You guys remember more than we do.
Speaker 3: I know. Okay.
Speaker 2: Giselle and Robin's impersonating Charies's tea spilling habits.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, I remember that.
Speaker 2: Giselle's reaction to the Anita Baker tour saga.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was hilarious.
Speaker 2: Robin's story of the birthday party she hosted and the plumbing issues that ensued.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was crazy. Okay, y'all's reaction.
Speaker 1: To y'all's reaction to when people when people say thanks, it has pockets, to when someone's dress is complimented.
Speaker 2: I think we must have talked about it, like yeah, yeah, yeah, I think you said that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: This person said Mark say, they can go on and on. Laughter is a wonderful thing, especially when you can laugh at yourselves, and you two do it best.
Speaker 3: Thanks. Ps.
Speaker 2: Has anyone literally counted the number of times that Robin has said literally, that's we need to Okay, if you count the times that Robin said, literally, we are definitely giving you a prize. You get a sweatshirt, you get a mug, and you get a pat.
Speaker 3: From every one.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, and when I say it on the real hospitals, but told me, because I do you say it. I caught myself saying it in the in the episode when I watched when like Candae and I had I think Kandae and I had a conversation and I heard myself say it. So now I'm more aware of it. Yeah, so I don't think I say it as much anymore. Yeah, well I never noticed anyway, but I definitely when I say it, I catch myself.
Speaker 3: You catch yourself saying it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And now everyone keeps pointing out that I say similar instead of similar. It's similar, right, it's similar. It's I guess we say simular.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and everyone's like.
Speaker 1: It's similar, it's similar and similarly yeah, they said, yeah, they point all that out. Sorry, guys, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Blame it on my Baltimore and.
Speaker 2: Yes, blame it on to be More and the Ravens. Anyway, we gotta go, guys. We love y'all so much. Don't ever forget to live your life either.
Speaker 3: Reasonable or short guys or about by night. Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows
Speaker 3: And you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady