Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio and the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Yack Armstrong, Joe, Katty.
Speaker 3: Armstrong, and Jetty and Pee.
Speaker 4: Armstrong and Caddy Strong.
Speaker 5: Welcome to a replay of the Armstrong and Getty Show. We're off all week long. We give a lot of thanks, we eat a lots, we watch a lot of football. We'll come back refreshed. But I hope you enjoyed this stuff.
Speaker 3: It's going to be really good, some delicious leftovers if you will. The flavors have made friends overnight in the French Plus, drop by Armstrong a Getty dot com download podcasts, or grab an eng t shirt.
Speaker 5: I'm way more optimistic about a Trump second term than I was a first term. Actually, I think I think the reception of the media to this election is so much better than last time around. They're taking it as real and America has spoken and blah blah blah, he's the president. That's not the way it was in twenty sixteen. It was seen as a joke and something went wrong and we'll figure it out soon and he won't be president. But I mean, this is crazy. That's not the way it's been taking this time around. He's a Russian agent. It's illegitimate.
Speaker 3: The race did, and then the way it did, and then four years later, when Trump was in a complete a hole about losing an election, they were just a gas to election denial. I swear, I don't know how do you even deal with these people? Speaking of which she makes it clear later in the clip, but this woman is a professional political analyst.
Speaker 4: I do not know her name.
Speaker 3: And this was posted at five pm election night.
Speaker 4: Listen to this, would you?
Speaker 6: Okay, So we're closing in on almost five pm Eastern time, and I've been tracking everything that's been going on across the country today.
Speaker 5: The most important encounter was.
Speaker 7: When I went out to get my champagne. I was talking to the guy in the store, of course, asking him did he vote, and he said he did early voting, and he asked me if I early voted, And he asked me, you know why I was getting the champagne, and I said, because I'm going to be toasting Madam President tonight. And he just looked at me with kind of like a smirk on his face, and I said, you know she's she's going to win.
Speaker 6: This, right He said, oh, well, it's very, very close. And I said, no, it's not. He says, well, what do you mean. I said, no, it's not. The women of America are making their voices heard. Reproductive rights is what it all comes down to, and the women are voting in numbers relative to men that are unbelievable.
Speaker 3: She's won this.
Speaker 6: And I said to him, she's going to take every one of the swing states plus plus Iowa. And he said, oh, but the numbers are so close. I said, I'm a political analyst. I'm telling you right now, the numbers are there. She's taking this election.
Speaker 8: I've said to him, you realized, And he didn't tell me who he voted for, but of course I knew, and I said, you do realize you wasted your vote, right, And I didn't care.
Speaker 4: I walked out with my bottle of.
Speaker 7: Champagne and happily walked home, Bye bye.
Speaker 4: Bye bye. So that wasn't that. It's the end. So where was he she getting her information?
Speaker 3: She's a political analyst, stupid idiot.
Speaker 5: And I wonder where she was getting her info because we talked about how, like Drudge's headline yesterday was world shocked by trump reelection? Why why was anybody shocked. I saw so many headlines of the shocking it is shocking. The overall arc of the story is beyond shocking. I mean, it's the most amazing thing that Trump has come back and president again. But in terms of the result on Tuesday night, after months of the election being tied, and every polster in America saying it's a coin.
Speaker 4: Flip, how can you be shocked by a coin flip? That makes you crazy?
Speaker 3: I did see some speculation about, well, if turnout among women is acts, and they often turn out more than men, blah blah blah. But to have that sort of like smug, contemptuous certainty of it, I mean that says more about her character than about the statistics. I can't remember which of the great thinkers it was who said, when you lose the capacity to say I might be wrong, you've lost your humanity, and she clearly has, as have so many people.
Speaker 5: My favorite piece I read was a column in the New York Times last night how should we talk to our kids to ourselves about America? And this person discussed how they have a three year old girl and they were watching the election results and or waiting till it was called for Kamala Harris, and they were gonna go up and they were gonna wake up their three year old, but they're gonna hold her hand while she was sleeping and saying a woman has just become president. But then when it turned out what happened, what happened?
Speaker 4: I'm on the edge of my seat when it turned out Trump won.
Speaker 5: This soft headed, simpering, overly emotional, but has a job writing for The New York Times, which is one of the coolest jobs in the world. For as a writer went up and held the hand of his sleeping three year old girl and cried softly and said, I will protect you from this.
Speaker 4: That's what he wrote in the New York Times.
Speaker 3: He could have said, it's significantly less likely you'll be raped by a Venezuelan gang member. Could have said that to her.
Speaker 5: Could have said, your dad is a soft head who's gonna raise you in a like distorted view of reality, so good luck to you.
Speaker 4: I could have said that all right. I could have said, you practically do have two mommies. Well that's not fair. Funny but not fair.
Speaker 2: Who are you people?
Speaker 4: I mean?
Speaker 5: I I swear if Kamala had won in a landslide out of thought.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's what America wants. Don't know, that's about it, and just how.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, her pitch succeeded with a hell of a lot of people.
Speaker 4: I'll be damned.
Speaker 3: I really It's been said that the most terrifying journey you could ever take is into somebody else's mind. And I really I mean that guy for instance. I suspect very strongly that he is just the sort of person who is ruled by his emotions and enjoys the sensation of being afraid because then he can bond to other people and they can be afraid together and that feels good, and it must feel like really really crazy good or something, or they've never had any reality other than that, so they don't even understand what they're doing. But I am honestly mystified at their inability to assess a loss and try to.
Speaker 4: Come up with an.
Speaker 3: Explanation for it that might well include them having been wrong or misperceived the electorate. And I don't mean, yeah, I misperceived. I thought they were only kind of racists. Turns out there just about the country of kleinsmen. Just good luck, y'all. Good luck. Life is hard with a grasp of reality. I can't imagine it is, how difficult it is when all you see are fairies and unicorns dancing around your head, and scary evil demons as well. Yeah, I don't imaginary klansmen haunt your dreams. I was talking to one of my kids who who tends to vote the other way, which is fine. Again, I'm not offended or hurt by that. Thanksgiving Oh absolutely not. No, they can eat outside of the porch in the gold but they had hum And many people have this view of Trump that's crazy and belligerent and warmonger or whatever.
Speaker 4: Because he's crazy belligerent. Oh yeah, he's those things.
Speaker 3: But if I could teach one thing, if I could teach like a foreign relations class or something in a college, there'd be one lesson weakness invites aggression. I would say, class number one. That will be on the test. In fact, that's the entire test. I'll see at finals. Go get laid or drink beer or whatever y'all do these days. We're done play video games, right exactly, except I'd make him come to class, and they'd come to class the next time, and I'd say weakness invites aggression we're through here, and then the next Tuesday they have to show up again.
Speaker 4: That's interesting.
Speaker 5: That's an interesting idea actually of teaching class because there are a number of classes where there is one overpowering thing you should know and if it gets lost in all the other stuff, then you wasted your time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I took it.
Speaker 5: I think I took like one class on the law in my whole college career. But the guy said, like every class period, you can settle at any time. And he said it every class period, and it did stick in my head. If you heard her, any centered sort of situation, you can settle at any time, which was his point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have the details. Presidential candidate Governor Gavin Newsom I put in the presidential candidate part today issued a proclamation convening a special session of the California Legislature to safeguard California values and fundamental rights in the face of an incoming Trump administrat.
Speaker 5: That's all crap you nailed at the beginning, though, I heard somebody say yesterday because Pete buddhajeedg is given a speech either today or tomorrow, and they said, that's the first shot fire across the bow of the twenty twenty eight primaries. This is Gavin Newsom heard that, and WHOA Pete's in already, they're already talking about Pete. He announces this. This gets attention. That's absolutely one hundred percent what this is. This is the first shot from Gavin Newsom of I'm going to be the nominee in twenty eight.
Speaker 3: The special session will focus on both string California legal resources to protect civil rights. Now, if you want a productive freedom climate action and immigrant families.
Speaker 5: Now, if you want to hold us both down, sit on our chest and pluck out our eyes with spoons. For bringing up, for bringing up the twenty eight primaries already.
Speaker 4: I don't think we'd be getting off light.
Speaker 5: I'm on your side on this, but I think that's absolutely what this is. Well, that's interesting. H enjoy that, Democrats. I'm not paying attention to it for at least a couple of years.
Speaker 3: This is the first of several actions by the Newsomb administration in partnership with the legislature, as the governor begins shoring up California's defenses against an incoming federal administration that has threatened the.
Speaker 5: State on multiple He wants to plant his flag as the leader of the resistance, You're gonna be hearing a lot about that. Gonna be constantly tweeting, texting, and speech to find about Trump as he becomes the resistance. Oh my god, that's gonna be tiring. We've got history of planting this flag.
Speaker 4: Huh. Wow. We're all human, we all fall short sometimes. I know I do more on the way Stay.
Speaker 1: Armstrong, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 4: Benezuelan Prison Gang AGUA or TDA.
Speaker 9: Homeland Security officials have more than one hundred criminal investigations nationwide into TDA, including for sex, trafficking and shooting police officers, calling TDA the next MS thirteen.
Speaker 5: So okay, I know about MS thirteen. I've been hearing about him for years now. I got to remember this one. Huh.
Speaker 3: I'm a little wary of any headline that includes the phrase on steroids, but it has been pointed out that these folks are aggressively expansionist, well organized, and just absolutely brutal. This is the gang, and I almost hate to get off on this note because it's unintentionally hilarious. This was the gang that had taken over that prison in Venezuela, and they had a zoo and a nightclub and a swimming pool, among other things. You shouldn't, I mean, guys making Pruno in the toilet. I understand it's tough to police. But you got a zoo.
Speaker 4: Night club.
Speaker 5: You didn't notice the zebras, You didn't notice the thump and music and.
Speaker 3: The bar at night. Yeah, there was a bar. Absolutely, there's a bar anyway. That just speaks to the Venezuelan prison situation. But I just wanted to throw a bunch of headlines for you. I was going to I was looking for a specific article from the Associated Press because it is notable. I think that the liberal media is now abandon their utter idiotic need to soft pedal or you know, ride the brakes on any story that makes them uncomfortable because it involves a particular ethnicity. I mean Andy No, for instance, this is the activist Seattle based or Portland. I guess he's Portland based activist who's been calling out Antifa and the radical left and the Marxists and the monsters. And he also is big on the situation in England where immigrants, specifically Muslim immigrants, are organizing these sex trafficking rings that target young English girls and ply them with alcohol and drugs and the rest of it. The numbers are horrific, the stories are terrible, and it is not some tiny, little isolated thing.
Speaker 4: That's why I say the numbers are terrific.
Speaker 3: But there has been a complete under discussion of these terrible crimes against young girls because everybody feels a little.
Speaker 4: Uncomfortable with talking about out. These guys are Muslims, and we've.
Speaker 3: Got to somehow be better than that, Be bigger than that, be smarter than that. If you're not a bigot, don't worry about being called a bigot.
Speaker 4: Be unbigoted.
Speaker 3: That's a good way to insulate yourself from accusations of bigotry.
Speaker 4: Anyway, maybe here's a good place to put in this.
Speaker 5: I was just thinking, as you're talking about the Venezuelan gang having their own nightclub in the prison, do you remember the scene scenes in.
Speaker 4: Good Fellas.
Speaker 5: I guess about how when those mobsters would go to prison and they just you know, they had all they'd make these great, big, giant meals. It was a fantastic It's just you know, they were stuck in prison, but they had their cells together and they had furniture, and they made big meals and the guards took care of them and everything like that. Not to the level of a zoo and a nightclub, but in that area. And so are we okay with it when it's Sicilians and Italians, but not okay within it Hispanic I don't. I'm not saying that, I guess, but there is a history of this with gangs, I guess.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, they project power and they influence people through the projection.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's power, I think. I guess.
Speaker 5: It's a different topic. It's always been weird how we I look at mobsters as kind of cool, except for the reality of the crime.
Speaker 4: It's been romanticized, no doubt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks to The Godfather being so beautifully written and everything. Anyway, the mainstream media has finally caught up to this story about trendy Iraguo. They've been late to the party, as they often are. And I was going to grab a specific ap story that Katie mentioned, but in looking for it, I came across kind of an interesting pastiche ap. Trendy Iragua gang started in Venezuela's prisons, now spreads fear in the US your post Chicago gang.
Speaker 4: How'd they get here? That's what I don't understand.
Speaker 3: They must have filled they must have forged the paperwork to immigrate, gone through the process, and during that long and arduous, expensive process, our immigration officials failed to oh or they just walked across the border and we let him in. Willy Nelly, eighty five percent of the people who come to the border are let in by the Biden administration.
Speaker 4: Good point.
Speaker 3: Let's see New York Post Chicago gang bangers face off against Venezuelans. Also in the New York Post, Trendy Iragua gang banger charged over viral video of gun toting apartment invasion ksat which.
Speaker 4: Is where is that? This say?
Speaker 3: It's probably San Antonio. What you need to know about the Venezuelan gang that Texas is targeting. New York Times A Venezuelan gang reaches New York Fox News NYPD targeting Venezuelan gang Trendy Iragua. Here is a I believe this is a Colorado Canyon County sheriff addressers reports about Trendy Iragua gang. It goes on and on and on. There are or five or six states here. At first blush that are covered by this story. Many many people will be hurt and killed by these animals, as so many people, and we will continue to hear immigrants actually commit crimes at.
Speaker 5: Lower rates than a native born Americans, which may be true, but that doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Mention that at the funerals of the five hundred people who are dead and will never be alive again. Are those pistol whipped or raped, or trafficked or abused in other ways terrorized for weeks on end? Mention that to them or can they'll be comforted?
Speaker 2: Armstrong the Armstrong and Ngetti show.
Speaker 8: Stop.
Speaker 10: President elects Donald Trump confirming once he takes office, he will declare a national emergency and use the military to help carry out his plans for mass deportations of undocumented immigrants. Tom Homan saying criminals will be the first to go. Homan says he's heading down tomar a Lago this week to put the quote final touches on a plan.
Speaker 5: So that's gonna be one of the biggest stories of the very early part of the Trump administration. I just saw Washington, No the Hill. The Hill had the headline Trump promised to be a dictator. On Day one, how Democrats can push back, so that seriously, I know, I know, you realize that sort of talk got Trump elected. But anyway, that is going to be the probably the first biggest thing. He says that that's going to be the priority on day one is to get the deportation thing started. So that'll be your first hullabaloo. Then you got the confirmation process for a bunch of different candidates.
Speaker 4: We all know that one. And then the whole.
Speaker 5: Tax thing hits, the Trump tax cuts and how they're going to be handled. So the first year is going to be jazzy man.
Speaker 4: Well, we're gonna hear hot and cold running fake outrage. For sure.
Speaker 3: I liked the clip we played earlier Scott Jennings saying, you know, during Obama's time, he was deporting people that crazy.
Speaker 4: Don't where was your outrage then your phonies?
Speaker 5: Right, which is worth bringing up in a second, we'll get back to the deportations. Wanted to hear from Tom Holman, who is going to be Trump's immigration czar?
Speaker 4: Is that his official time the head of the CBP? What is he going to be?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's a guy yelling and talking about illegals, and this is particularly talking some about the deportation and the Lake and Riley trial that's going on. She was killed by an illegal here's him yesterday.
Speaker 11: Look, he should have been he should have been arrested by ICE in New York City. But there's saying Suury City. He should never be in the country. Under President Trump, he wouldn't have been here. He would have been waiting in Mexico under Remain in Mexico program. But here's what I want for all those mayors and governors who said they're going to push back in Ice to do this operation. I want you to listen to that tape of the young that young lady fighting for her life, fighting for her breath. She did not want to die, and she fought hard. Listen to it. Just don't say, okay, another one died. I want you listen to the struggles because that happens across this country almost every day by an illegal alien. So I want those sanctuarys city people out of the stay they're gonna push back in Ice. Listen to that and tell me I just said President Trump wants to take public safety threats off the street. That's a priority as elected mayor of elected governor. Are you telling me that you don't want public safety trusts out of your communities. That is your number one responsibility to protect your community.
Speaker 4: So smart enough and work with us.
Speaker 3: I loved what he said the other day too. He said, all right, you're a city, you're a sanctuary city. You're not going to work with us. We're going to send enough ice agents to get the job done. It's not going to impede us for a minute. You're going to make it harder for us to do our jobs. We are going to flood your city with ice agents.
Speaker 5: That Lincoln Riley trial is going on, it's pretty damn gruesome, so I haven't followed it.
Speaker 4: It's heartbreaking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just awful. It's not surprising. I guess that practically all headlines about it when they covered it, all don't mention the guy being illegal, like in the first paragraph or anything. That's why you've heard her name. Lots of people get killed, unfortunately, across the country, and they don't become a national story. Do you know why this one's a national story? Because she was killed by an illegal. That's the whole reason it's a story.
Speaker 3: And I heard I haven't independently verified this that the federal government shipped the guy, having not booted him out of the country, shipped the guy to Georgia because they're redistributing variously illegal immigrants all over the land, and that's where he murdered poor miss Riley.
Speaker 5: So we were talking deportations some last hour and the idea that there are six hundred thousand convicted criminals currently in the United States. That's the government's own numbers. That's the number Martha Raddits used on ABC this week Sunday morning. Six hundred thousand criminals, and that's who the Trump administration says they're going to start with in terms of deporting And I was saying, how how can he be against that? So our friend Tim Sander for Tim the lawyer, weighed in, texting me on my personal phone. He is a don't want to put words in his mouth, but he leans way more toward the libertarian open border's view of the way the world should run, which would be easier if we didn't have a welfare state. But I won't get hung up on that. He texted this, if there are six hundred thousand illegals who are criminals and you want to deport them, you give them due process of law. Right, so at least a hearing. Let's say each hearing lasts only ten minutes, that's six million minutes. That's eleven years. Unless Trump succeeds at his next January sixth attempt to stay in office illegally, his term won't last that long. So no due process of law. What due process do you get? Is an illegal or do you have to have process to figure out if you're illegal? Well, I've got a philosophical problem with that. I also have a mathematical problem with that.
Speaker 3: If you have one hundred courts nationwide doing these hearings, you've cut that timetable by one to one one hundredth.
Speaker 4: Of that or maybe five hundred yards.
Speaker 3: Right, sure, yeah, or set up a quote unquote courte in every storefront in Mrlo.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: And as far as a due process is concerned, I'm not an expert on immigration law. I would certainly say, yeah, it's got to go through that process, whatever that is.
Speaker 5: On the other hand, you don't deserve due process if you're here illegally, do you? But so the due process comes in trying to figure out if you're illegal or not, So you don't snatch citizens or people who have the proper documentation and send them out.
Speaker 4: Is that the whole thing? Well, well see that's the problem. We've gotten into a weird space.
Speaker 3: And again, if I was an actual legal expert on this, I'd be able to lation more informative screed than I'm about to. But we have reached a point where merely being in the country illegally is not deemed reason to deport.
Speaker 4: Right, And this has been the problem with illegally real looking class.
Speaker 5: We've been talking about this for the thirty years, and it's always the same thing. You allow so much illegal immigration that it gets into the fabric work of everything, and then you've got all this pushback about why, well, who's going to pick the tomatoes? Well, we wouldn't have gotten so off track with the way our system of the labor works if we han't allowed so many illegal immigrants. And then you know, well, we got to give them driver's license, because how they supposed to get to work if they're already here working, So tell them they can't drive, stumb He just keep back dooring all.
Speaker 3: These things, and they're getting free education and healthcare and the taxpayer funded not free and by the way they get scholarships to our universities, and now you're going to boot them out.
Speaker 4: That's that's bizarre.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, given the reality of the Blue States, yet is kind of bizarre honestly, But you see what I mean.
Speaker 5: It's just it's so the argument is always you let them all in and then you come up with all the reasons that you can't do anything about it.
Speaker 4: Now, well, they had a kid here, so the kid's a citizens.
Speaker 5: What are you going to do boot the kid out with the make the parents go or as a kid going by himself, and a kid has to go to school, it's the law.
Speaker 4: And they don't speak English, so we.
Speaker 5: Got to have a teacher that speaks the several languages to make sure that it just gets more and more complicated all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at a certain point, and you know, corporations can certainly tell you this. Those that have been you know, picked up by the scruff of their dysfunctional neck and shaken and reformed and become successful again by some new CEO or whatever.
Speaker 4: You have to return to first principles.
Speaker 3: And then when somebody says yeah, but yeah, but yeah, but no, no, no, there's no compromising on your first principle, and then if you have to knot a bunch of things you've nodded up through your terrible policies through the years. Yeah, that's going to take some time and effort. But don't don't hit me with up. Yeah but yeah, but yeah.
Speaker 4: But when I say, if you're not here legally, you gotta.
Speaker 5: Go, well, if I was gonna argue it on the other side, I would say, good job on us. On the we want as many illegals as possible, which again we're all guessing as to why that is. Some of it is big labor needs the workers, so they're cool with it. And then Democrats wrongly assumed whether they get enough people coming into this country of other countries, they'd all be Democrats for life. But that has turned out to absolutely not be true. So I'm surprised the Democratic Party hasn't turned somewhat on the immigration thing since a majority of Hispanic men voted for Trump this time around.
Speaker 4: But anyway, on the side.
Speaker 5: Of wanting it to happen, yeah, it works pretty well once you get people here. It's just so damn difficult to boot them out without getting into the due process problem or the who's going to do the labor or separating families or all these other knots that you call them that get knotted up when you allow this in the first place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I would say also to folks expressing what Tim expressed, which is absolutely a valid point of view. I mean, clearly, there's got to be two pressed. You can't just run around grabbing anybody who looks somewhat brown and heaving them into Warez City.
Speaker 4: Okay, I get that.
Speaker 3: On the other hand, the idea that I don't know, we might go a little too far in not letting illegal immigrants stay. I mean, we're like a thousand miles from that.
Speaker 5: All right. But the question always to me is so then what so? I guess there's nothing you can do? I mean, is that it I guess there's nothing to do. I guess we let in record number week after week, month after a month, year after year of a legal life law and there's just nothing you can do at this point because it violate this or that or be unfair here or there. And so I guess everybody just gets to say, is that the answer? Because that sounds like what the answer is? It's sure something like that. Yeah, yeah, a completely different topic. Unless you have more on that.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: Well, and again, we've been at it for thirty years, and God will we'll be at it for thirty more. Actually, if I'm doing this in thirty years, God strike me down.
Speaker 4: Gold Jeez, you'd be in your you'd be almost.
Speaker 3: Ninety right, Yeah, yeah, who'd want to hear that? I wouldn't want to hear that anyway, It's it's.
Speaker 1: Not going to happen Jack, Armstrong and Joe the Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 2: See Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah, this.
Speaker 4: Is a crypto burger.
Speaker 6: It's a bitcoin.
Speaker 4: The name a bitcoin and a crypto Trump buying some burgers with crypto money? Is that what happened there? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Exactly he uh he said this is a history of the making after he made the transition transaction at pub Key, a Greenwich Village tavern that is the spot for crypto enthusiasts.
Speaker 5: On the list of things I need to learn more about, uh, bitcoin and crypto along with AI to keep up with the world. If I show up to a burger joint and I'm really hungry and they say that'll be or bitcoin or whatever it is, I would pat my pockets and say go check in my car ash tray, see if I've got any I don't know.
Speaker 3: I have these pieces of paper the government gave me, and these plastic Take one of these, this plastic card, this is capital one on it.
Speaker 4: Do you take that?
Speaker 3: But bitcoin? I do not have, interesting, said Mike Germano, president of Bitcoin magazine. Pub Key is the drinking hole for the bitcoin revolution. He's now one of us. Cool you go success.
Speaker 5: I have no judgment on that because I don't know anything about it.
Speaker 3: So what five six years ago, what was the hottest, hottest, hottest thing for a young person to get into to instantly have a rewarding and high paying career. Software engineer obviously, headline the journal Tech jobs have dried up and aren't coming back soon. Employment for software engineers is cool. Does resources shift toward developing artificial intelligence?
Speaker 4: The artificial intelligence right all the software?
Speaker 5: Probably?
Speaker 4: Yes? Yeah.
Speaker 5: In fact, I know from a friend who is big encoding that they're disappointed often that they can just tell their GPT to code something and it does it faster and better than them, even though they've been doing it for a long time and they're really good at it.
Speaker 3: The ins and outs and difficulties of transitioning from a software engineer to a developer of AI. You might as well ask me about a farmer switching from wheat to barley, a different seed. I don't know what that looks like, but evidently it's a real issue for folks in that swiftly moving Oh yeah, a field to work.
Speaker 5: I don't need undounters understand it to realize very few people could code, and you have a very unique, valuable skill, and now all of a sudden, there's a program out there that can do it immediately. That would be frustrating, but that happens in every industry throughout the history of time. There's lots of examples in radio bore you with that have happened also where valuable skills just went away because of technology right right posting.
Speaker 3: For software Postings for software development jobs are down more than thirty percent since Fab twenty twenty. Industry layoffs have continued this year, with tech companies shedding around one hundred and thirty seven thousand jobs since January. Any tech workers too young to have endured the dot com bubble burst in the early two thousands now for the first time.
Speaker 4: What it's like to hustle to find work.
Speaker 5: I feel like you need to work on your schwaws, my schwa your schwaws. Whenever you say shedding, it always makes me, lah, I feel like you're heading.
Speaker 4: I think your schwaws are heading. I don't. That's not a shwaw, isn't it? Eh? Isn't that swa? E is ann eh? No, that's short e. Okay? Is like, what's what's a good examp? What's a good word for saw?
Speaker 5: It's a fun word to say, clearly, Well, we're your name of our first kid, schwab.
Speaker 4: She was against it. Ah, what's a word with a? Used to know this? I used to know this too.
Speaker 5: And let me see, this is the sort of thing my kids asked me with homework now, and I'm like, I knew this.
Speaker 4: Not only I did I know this. I know I was good at it, but I don't remember now.
Speaker 3: I had a running joke in English class in high school with a buddy of mine about the evil schwaw he lives among us.
Speaker 4: Yes, Katie, do you have a word for us?
Speaker 3: We have? Yeah, it's a It's just a it's a it's a uh that has no uh identifiable vowel you can attach to it.
Speaker 4: It's like a tomato. Is it a fruit or vegetable? You just don't know.
Speaker 3: It's very much like a tomato. Yes, Katy, do you have anything for us? Or should we just move the heck on?
Speaker 10: I was just gonna say I was raised in a middle class households exactly.
Speaker 5: That's everybody's favorite go to now, no matter if somebody asked you and you don't know the answer to it, you say, look, I was raised middle class in.
Speaker 4: A neighborhood where people were proud of their lawns.
Speaker 5: That's your god, dude, you gotta do that at work if the boss asked you, jim your quarterly report.
Speaker 4: Look, I was raised middle class. Uh, mister Getty, you haven't made a payment in six months. Well let me tell you. Let me be care. I grew up middle class. I was raised in a neighborhood. And they're thinking, they're thinking the same thing. Everybody's saying, what the hell is he? Oh that's fantastic, what a numb.
Speaker 3: Skull, And yet they're tied. I'm gonna mention this briefly. I'm gonna have to run for my life. Jack is going to attempt to beat me with his fists, but I am going to mention that we are nearing a government shut down.
Speaker 4: Oh jeez.
Speaker 3: An initial proposal by House Speaker Mike Johnson, et cetera, Center voted down blah blah blah, underscores the divisions, YadA, YadA, setting the stage for et cetera, et cetera shutdown at the end of the month.
Speaker 5: Yeah, with a predictable ending almost certainly true. It'll either not shut down last minute, or it will shut down for a couple of days having done nothing, two or four anyone.
Speaker 4: And that's the whole story.
Speaker 3: So the end, it is one of those they're critically interested in the Beltway. The rest of us aren't in the Beltway. We're in America. So good luck, jackasses. If there's one takeaway, and this is semi obvious and fairly well worn, but the dynamics of having a tiny minority have been interesting to see just as a fan of democracy. Johnson's in a hell of a spot.
Speaker 5: Well, there's legislation that was proposed to avoid the shutdown. Trump's hardcore against it and urging the speaker to to to you know, rally people against it, and so he's either going to defy Trump in an election year on Trump's pretty popular, or he's going to.
Speaker 4: Go along with Trump and there will be a shutdown likely. Yeah.
Speaker 3: One of the things that the rebel camp is working hard to get going is extra strong election security, ballot security, which I think is a great thing.
Speaker 4: I'm with them on that.
Speaker 3: I'm I often find myself at odds with them with for their methods.
Speaker 4: There are times and places and techniques.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I think they hurt the conservative movement more than they help it. But I'm certainly in favor of ballot security.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The best one that was going around yesterday as a meme was a picture of BB reporter is Israel behind the exporting pagers, net and Yahoo. So I was raised in a middle class family.
Speaker 4: Is perfect. That's got to be everybody's go to from here on out. Here's your best schwa word.
Speaker 5: Okay, the the va there you go, tg the uh.
Speaker 4: I think it is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think you're right. I think you're right. I think you're right. But regardless, my point is when you say shedding, it always reads to me as someone is defecating, the sort of thing you do in front of nordstrooms in San Francisco, The.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty Show. Yeah more Jack Your Joe podcasts and our hot links and arm Wrong and Getty dot com.