Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 2: You know, made no mistake. I started out just like many of you will none of five worker at your school right behind me. This is the where it all started for me. But I learned skills over the years, and I want you to learn some too. I want you to learn how to become financially free. I want you to set a legacy for your family. I want you to build generational wealth. You can do all that and more. Shut out and best best.
Speaker 3: Wife, buck.
Speaker 4: Earns.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 2: Traditional universities are outdated and don't teach you how to become an entrepreneur. They just teach you how to become an employee.
Speaker 5: You go to school for four years and you leave with nothing but debt. But here are eyl University. Our curriculum is much different.
Speaker 2: Our university teaches you real world skills that you can use to gain financial freedom right away. In traditional universities, you learn from professors that have never did what they teach, and they teach you how to become an employee. At our university, we use instructors that are currently successful in specific field that they teach, and they teach you how to become an entrepreneur.
Speaker 5: A limited time only, you can join e y L University for twenty five percent off of the annual membership. Learn about stocks, credit, real estate, crypto, and more. Go to e y L university dot com right now and sign up to become an earner.
Speaker 6: My graduates from my school being force back drop bag drop Mike drop back, drop.
Speaker 4: Drop, Yep, yep check check.
Speaker 3: M hm.
Speaker 2: H.
Speaker 7: Allright, ready do is y'all yeah, yep, alright, let's do it, big dog.
Speaker 3: You ready for shore for sure?
Speaker 5: All right, guys, welcome back. Ey Elis is going to be exciting episode. We enter in the world of golf for the first time ever.
Speaker 2: It's been a while since we have even golf course.
Speaker 5: A minuture golf real golf, real real. So Elijah want a John a cool correctly John and Earl Cooper. So this is a very interesting story. Entrepreneurs and they have a company called east Side Golf where they make golf apparel. They both have roots in golf. Elijah was actually a professional golfer, and I just found out that Earl is one of the best golf coaches in the nation. So this is an interesting story. How it came about was face to face hand in hand combo. We was in Atlanta a few months ago and I was in a hotel lobby and Earl ran up on me and they started a conversation and he was telling me about his business. And you know, people come up to me all the time and it's like, all right, cool, but this was something that really caught my attention because he showed me that they were actually having a collaboration with Jordan Brand, so they were taking like retro Jordan's and turning them into golf shoes. So and I'm like, that's your your company, and he's like yeah, he showed me like the news articles and all of that, like right on the spot. He's very prepared. So I'm like, all right, I gave my number. I'm like, let's connect.
Speaker 2: So this is how it related to me. Yo, there's a golf company they signed with Jordan. I said, Jordan, Oh, let's let's speak to him.
Speaker 5: So we connected the dots and they were in New York, so we made it happen fews later.
Speaker 2: A lot of pressure too, like when we were in Atlanta, they ran up on you. But then like there was a bunch of people who I think y'all were doing something in my family.
Speaker 8: So we we were doing actually like an unveiling to shoot family. So it was like a family and friends thing where we kind of just just filming a bunch of content.
Speaker 2: We walked in the lobby one night and it's like it's like these guys you gotta need they're doing something great and golf. I'm like, it's three in morning, what's the Instagram?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: But so yeah, that's a dope story.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: You never know, Like I said, that was something that he had enough courage to just run up on me and he was prepared. So there's a couple of different lessons in that. And I like the product. I looked at it, and here we are now. So first and fun, thank you Gods for joining us. Appreciate it, thanks you for having me welcome.
Speaker 8: And I do want to add because like it was that moment where I was like, I seen him and I was like, do I say something? I am actually and I was like, you know what, Noah, I forget that. I'm turning around and like I said, yeah, thanks for having us for sure, for sure for sure. So let's get into it all right, So East Side Golf, we're going to talk about where you guys are now working with Jordan Brand and blowing up and all that.
Speaker 5: But how did it starts? Interesting? I believe you're from Delaware, yeah, and you're from Atlanta side Atlanta. So golf is not a sport that black people traditionally play, you know, obviously this Tiger Woods, but that's kind of like an anomaly. That's not like the norm, right, basketball, football, especially coming from urban environments Atlanta, you know, Wilmington, Delaware and stuff like that, I'm pretty sure that that golf wasn't extremely popular sport. So how did you guys start playing golf as you know, young men, young adults.
Speaker 9: Yeah, honestly, I so I grew up in East Atlanta and I started playing golf when I was six years old. Friend of the family introducing me to the game. I grew up with his sons playing playing golf, and we all ended up getting golf scholarships to go to school.
Speaker 3: So one went to.
Speaker 9: Southern University golf scholarship, Telladigga College golf scholarship, but I went to Morehouse with a golf scholarship.
Speaker 10: So we were all on the same high school team.
Speaker 9: But we just grew up in Atlanta, you know, playing junior events and then playing against each other in college and then yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, yeah, what was that like though, because I mean, golf is not the It's one of those expensive sports to play. Yes, it's solo sport, but its expensive to play. So what was that like growing up and having to pay for equipment and then walking around with the Stickma, Like, you're the guy in the hood that's playing golf while everybody's playing football, basketball, maybe some baseball players. What was that like growing up?
Speaker 3: For sure? Now it was different.
Speaker 9: I mean I would say, because I played basketball just as much as I played golf. And I mean I played basketball league in high school. But growing up it was expensive, Yeah it was. But I ended up joining a program called Camp Best Friends, and then later it became called the First Team of Atlanta. The First Team program. They supplied me with like free golf clubs you know here and there also donations were given as far as golf balls, golf clothes, things that we could use just to help us out, you know, with with being prepared when we go to golf tournaments and just coming to the golf course period. You know, like there were plenty of times I went to Goodwill, you know what I'm saying, just to find golf clothes. And on top of that, I mean I used to take the Marta with my golf clubs, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And used to ride thee through the hood I.
Speaker 9: Mean with my golf club straight up to the golf course. And you know, definitely got looked at crazy, you know, And but I already knew what the goal was, you know, and I wanted golf to be something that I used for the rest of my life. You know. It got to a point even in high school, had to make a decision in between golf and basketball.
Speaker 10: You know what I'm saying. That's just how much it meant to me.
Speaker 9: But growing up in it, I would say the best part of it was learning from the people at the golf course.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: The type of crowd that's out there, it's usually like entrepreneurs, doctors, lawyers.
Speaker 10: People that just have things going on.
Speaker 9: And I mean, you start a conversation with a guy instead of asking them for you know, to go out with them for coffee or for a drink or just to chill or set to talk.
Speaker 10: I mean, you got five hours with the guy out on the golf course.
Speaker 9: Now you can, you know, talk about what you want to do with your life, what you want to do in your career. I mean, and on top of that, you outside like it's just a way to build that camaraderie, that relationship and learn how to build that relationship. Well, you get relationship building skills from just being in golf, and it definitely did help me growing up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that that's something that people don't fully appreciate, especially like you know, poor working class, middle class people, where you are trained to go to a school and then work and it's like you work at a job all day. And when I started to become around wealthy people and I realized that they were spending like eight hours a day, three days a week on the golf course because it wasn't so much about working, it was about networking and building relationships. And they say, like the barbershop is like the black Man's golf course is really not country club. It's really not. It's a barbershop. Look disrespect it's a barbershop. But I get it the conversations that's happening, because I don't think people understand, especially like you know, you go to a high end golf course, you could be paying one hundred twenty thousand dollars a year for your annual membership, like fifty thousand dollars a year, sixty thousand dollars a year for your annual So if you're paying one hundred thousand dollars a year to use the golf course in New York four months out the year, five months out of the year. You're obviously extremely wealthy, right, So now it's like, if you have six hours to just spend time with people, you're naturally gonna build a relationship, right, So can you really break that down it really? Because, like I said, I don't think if you haven't been in that world, it's hard for you to fully understand why people say that golfing is like the perfect networking too, and why a lot of deals are done on the golf course. So can you kind of like just break that down a little bit?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I would say so just to go off of what you just said about one hundred thousand dollars membership fee, imagine the type of people that have that membership.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: Now, you're going out there and these are the people that you're networking with. These are the people that are in your circle that move, that have things, move in the city, or just move around the country period. You never know what business they own, you know what I'm saying, what they're invested in, or maybe you could actually work with them at some point in time, but breaking it down all the way. I mean, let's say you, like I said, you want to go out for coffee. This is a time where you take you want to go with your let's say a person that you look up to or friends, and you just want a network, you know, for an hour and just talk round table discussion. Instead of doing that, if you pick up golf, now it's those people in those higher positions, they will take that four hours and go play golf, which instead of taking an hour out of their day and just going to get coffee. I mean, you're actually doing something that they want to do. And on top of that, golf relates to business a lot. I mean, when you really look at it, you have to be patient, hard working, I would say, perseverance, honesty. All of these things are in golf. But if you don't do these things in golf, and you're playing golf with somebody that you want to do business with, and let's say you're not resembling those those morals, those those adjectives or whatever you want to call them about yourself, they're gonna notice and not even want to do business with you.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 9: I mean, let's say you cheat or something while you're on a golf course or take head to that, they gonna think you're gonna do the same thing in business, you know, So it's like just the same way a person plays golf, you might get really really upset. You might not want that in your business, same way they might look at you in business. Golf and business just go hand in hand. So I mean that's just the way that I kind of look at it, if you yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: All right. So before we get into the company, Earl, how did you get your start in golf?
Speaker 3: Inner City? You've golf programmed?
Speaker 8: My dad just seen a fly, just sign me up, just signed me and my sister up, and kind of, you know, similar to what y'all were hitting on early on, like just being out on the golf course being the only one you know. There's definitely like I tell people all the time, like I was good at it, but it was still kind of one of those things like where all my friends, like where everybody you know, when you're young, especially playing like sports, you're just really out there for the social aspect, like you don't think about, oh, making millions of dollars or whatever what it can do for you.
Speaker 3: Unlock the potential.
Speaker 8: But I ended up winning this tournament called the Golf and Drive Chip and Putt, which is like the equivalent of kick putting pass essentially exactly.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 8: So I end up winning that and a free trip to Disney World. I was on TV and I never forget. I was like thirteen, and I'm like, man, if every golf to him is like this, I'm ready to practice. Because like before then it was just like, you know, it was kind of just golf. Who wants to do that kind of thing? And then that's when I kind of just embraced it. And then from there God was fortunate enough to get a scholarship the Moroles College. But it was definitely interesting path. As you guys were mentioned earlier, just like walking with golf clubs, you know what I mean, Like that's just not normal still even today. Like if you saw a kid or a girl, a young man and boy walking with golf cluse, You're like, yo, they're lost, Like is there a golf course around here? And so it was just kind of one of those things where so my pops end up actually like we end up moving to a house that was like on the golf course and end up like cutting a hole in the fence, so I didn't have to like climbing anymore, and that definitely was a benefit, you know, my journey as far as like just getting into the game and then just kind of normalize. And I think that's kind of where we are right now, like a lot of every decisions that we make when we think about the company and just kind of think about like what did we wish that we had, you know what I mean when we were growing up, Like giving them that example, like being that like stuff that you can wear on and off the golf course, you know what I mean. That's so important because a lot of times it's just like it's golf and it's just kind of put in a box. And then you got to kind of fight those stereotypes moving forward. And then, like you said earlier, when it just comes to business, it's just one of those things where it's a sport where like it's just you, and so it's kind of like that you got to go get it like you and you can't blame anybody else, Like there's no reason like to push off on anybody else. It's all of you. You put the work in, you get all the results. But it's similar to like entrepreneurship, I would say, kind of in that way. And I feel like that's why a lot of great people and other sports are attracted to golf, because it's like if you play football, you can blame it on your lineman, you know, MJ. You know, Damn Scotty ain't giving me the ball back or whatever, you know, whatever the situation may be, it's just kind of like all on you and most people that you know, if you've been playing team sports your whole life, you like the individual list.
Speaker 3: I guess when it comes to golf.
Speaker 2: Now, you said something good about normalizing it, and Elijah, I'm coming to you because I read this story. Man, I'd love for you to elaborate on it where you talked about how instead of having basketball and gambling on dice, the guys are gambling on your putts. Yeah, let's let's talk about that, man, he said, Landa. First of all, we'll be playing and how are we gambling on putts? Well, let's talk about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 9: So I played in a couple of courses what was called Sugar Creek Golf Courses, A Boulder Chris Road of your Gucci man, yell out Boulder Crest, you know, but it's right off Boulder Crest. Another place that I played Doctor J You sown it. It was called Heritage Links and that was in Georgia as well.
Speaker 5: But there's a there's a golf course in Kirkwood that we stayed in the airbnbing Kirkwood. It was honestly that the neighborhoods getting real gentified and it was a really nice I forgot, but it was. It was like like one block down on the same street. It was a golf course.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 9: But so usually how it went, I mean, you ended up playing eighteen holes. You know what I'm saying. It's gambling involved, but the real gambling. I would say in my younger days, King, you got to the clubhouse. So you're getting the clubhouse, everybody drinking. They got like a little cognyak glass, you know what I'm saying. You put it down and when they put it down, it's open on this side. So now you're putting into the glass and let's say somebody comes out and throw a thousand on the ground, Like all right, it's twenty feet, what's up? You got a two tries? You know, you've missed. That's a thousand, you know what I'm saying. But it got to a point I used to literally make my lunch money, you know what I'm saying from these putts.
Speaker 3: They would, you know.
Speaker 9: We betting two grand, betting five hundred, They give me half, you know what I'm saying. And these were the guys that I grew up around. I mean, you know, some of them weren't entrepreneurs. They were entrepreneurs in their own way, you know what I'm saying. And they was, you know, always took care of them themselves and their family in their own way. But when it came to golf, I mean, they enjoyed the sport. They saw where you can build camaraderie and you and you can build those relationships and it not be strenuous or feel some type of way while you're doing it. But while we was in there, you know, everybody just betting. It's a full crowd, thirty people butting. It's twenty feet putting in side of the glass.
Speaker 3: You make it.
Speaker 9: I mean sometimes a lot of times you hit the glass. I mean that's it. It's almost been fistfights, you know what I'm saying, Because it hit the back of the glass and come out, you know what I'm saying. But it's I mean, damn, it's like dice, you know what I'm saying. You just got to be prepared for anything. And on top of that too, I mean, you better better be practicing, you know what I'm saying. You're not, You're gonna get.
Speaker 5: Got So how did you guys start this company? How did your love for golf and the sport turned to becoming entrepreneurs?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: So I was, Uh so I was living so first off, I graduating from college, you know me, and.
Speaker 3: Won the national championship to don't.
Speaker 4: Let that go over?
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, what division D two? D two?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So graduate from college. My major was accounting, minoring finance. I did professional golf for two years and won a couple of mini tour events events, So I got professional wins, and but I was hustling, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I was washing carts.
Speaker 9: I was doing a little mini jobs in a bookstore, you know, caddy and anything I could do. It got to the point I just could not afford it anymore. I mean, it costs maybe one hundred tow one hundred and fifty grand a year just to support yourself to play golf.
Speaker 2: What are some of the costs.
Speaker 9: Let's see entry fees in the tournaments, my caddy fee. Let's say I want to pay my coach, travel, airfare for you and your caddy, food, if something breaks your car, I mean, everything, your apartment least you mean.
Speaker 2: So that's interest because I never always wondered, but like, what does it cost to get into a tournament like a PGA tournament. Is there a minimum that you have to put up or is it does it just depend on the course itself.
Speaker 8: So yeah, I was gonna say so, Like for the PGA Tour, it's a little bit different, so there is an entry fee, but it's kind of small. But what he's talking about is like many tours, so basically like a lower level like a g league, like if you're trying to like overseas, kind of like overseas, and basically you're paying anywhere from I would say, eight hundred dollars to like fifteen hundred dollars for one week. But then you got it's a four day tournament or a three day tournament, So you got hotel, as he mentioned, you got caddies, you.
Speaker 3: Got everybody gotta get there.
Speaker 8: You gotta feed yourself, so like it's gonna be on an average of like I think, like seventeen hundred every week to kind of keep moving around for just expenses. And then sometimes like these tournaments, if you win, you only getting two thousand dollars, right, or you make a win and it only be like a thousand dollars, you know what I mean. Sometimes it's a bigger pot, you know, where you can get up to like thirty forty thousand, but it's definitely every week, you know, you got to spend that money, and it's at least you know, I would say fifteen hundred to two thousand for every mini tour event.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So got to a point just couldn't afford it anymore. So I had to, you know, start my career. So I was basically I was in sales for a little bit, but found my calling in a commercial finance. So I was in commercial finance, vehicle finance for eight years. Was about to become VP at a finance firm out of San Diego, California.
Speaker 3: And I got home.
Speaker 9: One day and I was just like bro the same, like I fully sued it, you know, just got off the plane, I'm like, prauh the saint it. I want to play golf, like I feel like I still got a shot. And so it was already hard to find sponsors. I already knew that. So I was just like, you know what, first things first, let's make a logo. Let me just make a logo. So the logo that you guys saw, you know, jeans, sweatshirt, Cubu link chain, it was just supposed to be me. And I was just going to put it on my poloup and put it on my bag. And then one thing led to another. I showed it to him. He was like, yo, bro, just put down a T shirt real quick.
Speaker 3: So I did.
Speaker 9: And I've always been in a fashion but never really took it serious and sneakers. Just never really took it serious on my own, but ended up making the logo. Took a guilded T shirt. It maybe cost me twenty bucks, ironed it on. I went downtown Detroit and I maybe got stopped fifty times. You know what I'm saying, like, who are you? What's that logo? Where can I get it from? And do you play golf? You know what I'm saying? And they were I mean it was just it was crazy. It was crazy. Got back home, told him, bro, I definitely got something like I don't know what, but I'm gonna do something with He was just like, all right, well, keep doing your thing. He was doing his own thing in Delaware, working for the mayor. But it got to a point I was just like, okay, well let me make T shirts, sweatshirts, hats, socks, and like little other accessories. You know what I'm saying, not knowing, not really not what I'm doing, you know what I'm saying, but selling everything out of my apartment. I made custom boxes thank you cards, and I wrote the first fifteen hundred myself, you know what I'm saying, and put that in every box. But yeah, it got to a point I was just like, all right, well let's just see how far we can go. And started the company east Side Golf, LLC. June twenty nineteen and then started selling clothes.
Speaker 3: And how I did that was I.
Speaker 9: Just honestly found the most expensive pieces that I could find and put our logo on that embroidery Chanelle patches, but the most expensive. I know a lot of people try to go the cheapest, but I wanted it high quality because I wanted people to wear it, you know, and I know how I feel about, you know, cheap stuff.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't want to wear it.
Speaker 9: So end up finding the highest quality end up from November twenty nineteen to February twenty twenty, selling you out about five times, you know. And it's just me, you know. And I mean it was tough, but I knew I had something, so kept pushing it, kept pushing it, and then I told him, yo, bro, let's like go down in the PGA, PGA show.
Speaker 3: PGA show is it's.
Speaker 2: Like the Magic Show for fashion, right yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but for golf in the golf world, golf world.
Speaker 9: But I mean, all in all, I was what I was trying to do was pay for my way, my own way to play golf. Instead of asking for a sponsor in golf or as an athlete, why not asks a sponsor to invest in a company, So take the entrepreneurial route. That's all I was saying. I know how to run a company. I mean, that's what I did in commercial finance. I help truck drivers start their own businesses, owner operators, bother trucks, see what type of trucks they want what commodity at hauling and what's best for their company.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 9: So it's like if I'm starting, if I'm helping all these businesses or helping all these people start the wrong, well, I start my own.
Speaker 3: I know how to do it and closes a little.
Speaker 9: Bit more simple, you know than you know, going out on the road and handling that whole non so, but yeah, that's yeah.
Speaker 2: So when y'all get to the PGA show, this isn't is it it Orlando? Yeah, it's in Orlando. So I'm gonna imagine there's probably a bunch of people that don't look like you. You got the gold chain on the shirt. What's the feeling as you're walking through to see if people, what's the reaction to you and what are your thoughts as you're walking through this crowd?
Speaker 8: Yeah, So, I mean, you know, my career, I was deep in golf. So you know, I was one of the first African American golf pros at Detroit Golf Club and at Wilmington Country Club, so like back home in Delaware. And in twenty sixteen, I was named one of the best young teachers in America, and I actually left and took a job in the Mayor's office. So like around this time when he's telling me about this, in my head, I'm just like, I'm kind of over golf, like you know, far as like being boxed in. I'm like, man, they don't allow you to be creative. So I was kind of, just like you said, doing my own thing. But he was like, nah, we gotta go to the PGA show, and I'm like, man, I don't feel like going, Like I'm it's gonna be a waste of time. And like when we got down there, I really got to experience the same thing that he got to experience in Detroit. Like you said, I mean, we're the minority there. It's you know, people from all over the world, but it's obviously majority white, and you're walking around at the PGA demo day and people are just stopping us. Honestly, it was almost like we were rock stars in the sense because it was like what, Like he said, who are you? What's that logo? How do I get it? Like that's gonna that's the constant reaction that white white people.
Speaker 5: Yes, did you feel it was sincere or yeah?
Speaker 8: Like I felt like it was one of those things where it was like, yo, finally, like having worked inside of the business, like it's typically golf is white shoes, khaki pants and a polo. Everybody looks the same, everybody's carbon copy. Like that's all the options that you have, Like you going too a golf shop now, it's all pretty much going to be the same.
Speaker 3: Like it's not.
Speaker 8: Even an option for you to like if you even if you enjoy golf, they don't give you an option to even be creative, if that makes sense, right, And so.
Speaker 2: I think the changing the color of your shirt is like the biggest you can do.
Speaker 3: Right exactly everything is still exactly the same.
Speaker 8: And so like walking around and having been in the business, it was just like for me because I've been to the PGA show countless times, Like like I said, I was kind of just over and had experience at all, but this was like, damn, this is different. And so we end up like networking, getting a bunch of business cards and you know, like you said, the Game of Golf, you learn how to network and got a bunch of cards and literally just followed up with everybody, sent them all emails. We get an email back from a brand in Japan or a boutique in Japan called Clubhouse Supply and they're in Osaki, Japan, and they like, yo, we'll take a chance on you. We'll take thirty five sweatshirts. We sent them thirty five sweatshirts. They once they get them, they sell out twenty four hours in Japan and Japan.
Speaker 3: Ok.
Speaker 8: They were the first company to take a chance on us. Then they're like, yo, they call us, like, man, we ain't never seen nothing sell this fast. Yo, here's a ten thousand dollars po how quickly can you get them to us? But then you got to understand, now, this is like Maya twenty twenty, so it's like pandemic, like it's here.
Speaker 3: So we're like, all right, so.
Speaker 8: We I think we had enough inventory to I think we fulfilled that order. We had enough inventory to fill that order. Things are starting to pa where you're getting emerged from Oakland, California, like just making it like you gotta no, no, no.
Speaker 5: We had a house.
Speaker 8: Well he was already he had alreadyd the relationship, so he had been we've been dealing with the same folks that he was dealing with.
Speaker 3: They were based in Oakland.
Speaker 5: California, American Warehouse.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so they were getting the patches I think overseas and then putting it on like you know, a sweater, and and.
Speaker 5: You just funded us out of your own pocket and took a loan on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this was out of my own pocket.
Speaker 9: Depleted the four one k, sold the bitcoin, you know what I'm saying, and depleted the same.
Speaker 5: How much did you sell bigcoin when you when you had a bitcoin? How much did you sell it for?
Speaker 9: I didn't have that much, but I maybe got about six grand from it, Okay, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: So it was just below I would it was.
Speaker 9: It was definitely half I would say, half of a big coin.
Speaker 2: So it wasn't part of it, yeah, because I'm thinking at the time, and it wasn't. You weren't part of that run up to sixty thousand.
Speaker 10: No, not at all. I got out way before that.
Speaker 4: Sorry to hear that.
Speaker 5: Another investment, right right, it's all right. So, so so you had ten thousand work for inventory? Yeah, so we had ten thousand worth of inventory to fulfill that order. We filled that order, and at this.
Speaker 8: Time, like I said, it was kind of like it was still moving like so people getting a product, but the infrastructure necessarily wasn't in place, and then we end up getting an article in ESPN. He knew someone, so he did an article on us, because oh so at this time, this is like may so George Floyd.
Speaker 3: That just happened like in that that window. And we end up doing.
Speaker 8: A video challenging the PGA of America, which is separate from the PGA Tour, because the PGA Tour kind of came out and had a statement about black lives matter, but the PGA of America didn't, and so we kind of like we put a video out just kind of challenging them the same way that Patrick Mahone did with the NFL. So we got a bunch of diverse groups of industry leaders within the PGA basically saying who you are and black lives matter, and we just tagged the PGA. So basically the joint went viral. We posted it and then we got their attention and then that kind of spread it as well. And that really wasn't about like necessarily promoting our brand. It was just more about, you know, y'all need to make a stance, like y'all gotta come out and say something. And so ESPN hits and then this is when things started really start to pick up for us. So ESPN hits CJ Paul and Chris Paul reach out and that's his brother CJ. And he like reached out and was like, yo, I love what y'all doing, just through DMS because you also got to remember, like right now Instagram is popping, so like there's no content out on TV. We started doing Instagram lives like because everybody's in the crib. Everybody's is when everyone was on live, and so we did that. CJ reaches out and he's like, yo, I love what y'all doing. Me and my brother actually play golf. We want two of everything, and if y'all got more, we're gonna give the people in the bubble and we will and we're gonna pay for everything.
Speaker 3: We're like what.
Speaker 8: So we did that and then what really changed our business forever was we were actually together in Wisconsin and it was the night of the NBA boycott. So I don't know if y'all a Memphis August.
Speaker 3: Twenty four, it was the Bucks.
Speaker 2: The Bucks were playing and decide and not yeaided to play exactly.
Speaker 8: So that day, you know, Chris Paul let me paint the picture. Chris Paul is the president of the NBA Players Association. He ended up doing the whole documentary. It's called The Day When Sports Stood Steal. So he says, like he's on his way to the to the to the bubble, He's getting calls from bron and everybody like yo, they not playing. So he's got to, you know, figure out what gonna do. Well, when he gets off the bus, he's got the gear on from head to toe.
Speaker 3: He's got the door lows on, door low ones.
Speaker 8: He's got our socks, our sweater and our hat and he's wearing it and all cameras is on them. And it just went bananas because you got to understand too. Like I tell people, it wasn't just a sports story. It became a national news story. So ABC, CBS, NBC, everybody's not necessary a CNN promoting east Side golf. But what they're saying is the NBA is not playing, and Chris Paul is the president of the NBA Player Association.
Speaker 3: What are they gonna do? What's going on? So they keep showing this clip and sales are going through the roof, through the roof.
Speaker 8: We had to cut it off, but we end up cutting it off stop because you got to talk about that people.
Speaker 5: It could be that could be a problem. It can actually destroy your business act if you have the inventory too much demand, not enough inventory, then people can plain that they're not getting this stuff on time, and it's a real hassle.
Speaker 2: You see delays like six to nine.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, I was just gonna I mean what helped us, honestly was the pandemic. You know, people were more patient. You know what I'm saying. People would, yeah, I wait three weeks for a sweater. I mean I ain't doing that, you know. So yeah, I mean that's how we stood up against that time. We definitely you know, two day turnaround now as far as shipping, but I mean back then it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it was. It got ugly though, I mean it got ugly.
Speaker 8: Like I mean people, well, I'm beyond Like we went from I think you could get it, We could get sweaters in like six weeks to like three months.
Speaker 3: I mean we can say it now.
Speaker 8: There were people that ordered in August and literally didn't get it to like November December. Like he said, people were patient. So like it was one of those things where, too, what do we do so everything is on fire after that moment, we actually people wanted to invest in that moment. They're like, Yo, we see what you got going on, and we weren't ready. So like one of the things that we learned was we was like, all right, I'm never forget in September, We're like, yo, we're literally gonna put sold out on everything. Try to figure out how to feel these orders. But we got to put the infrastructure in. And then you're building a business. What I mean by infrastructure is you got to get lawyers, you got to get accountants, you got to make sure you on all your IP like all of that stuff, because you got to have an infrastructure.
Speaker 3: To be able to even take investment, you know.
Speaker 8: And so there were certain deals that we kind of missed out on because we didn't have the infrastructure. People were ready, they're like, hey, we want to do this on a convertible note. We didn't know what a convertible note was. And then we had like bad deals that we were able to kind of get out of where people said they were going to do certain things and they didn't do it. So like investment decks because we didn't know what we were doing in a sense, but we just took that time to literally I would say from September to January, all we did was just put in an infrastructure, figure out fulfillment, figure out customer service, figure out who we want to invest, who want to hire, who we want to hire, and then we kind of cut it back on. I would say, like in February, we had an article in GQ and then we did like you know, say, we did like fifty thousand in one day, so we was like, damn, okay, it's a business now. We were able to get all the orders out and we were able to kind of flip it back on. But it's I would say, like just anybody that wants to build a business, Like to his point, we were lucky enough because we built it during the pandemic and people were patient. But you gotta gotta have an infrastructure and you're not gonna be able to build it. You need lawyers and you need accountants like those. That's where it starts if you want to build a real business and take investment in because people looking at you niggam like, well we want to see these documents.
Speaker 3: We want to see this documents, and you're like what, so.
Speaker 8: You got to you know, learn all those things. I call it YouTube University because it's all out there.
Speaker 2: If you want it, we call it uyl University. Yeah, yeah, for sure, but bigger than that. So you when you put the business on freeze, how are we gaining income or did we say, you know what, we're going to use our finance background, say we're going to stack some paper so that we can sustain this. Are we doing other things? Because I know you were at a bank for a certain point during this time. What are we doing while we putting the company on freeze?
Speaker 10: Honestly, I mean I was. He wasn't getting paid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't get paid for a whole year. I was working for a whole year. Sweat equity.
Speaker 4: Sweat equity I love.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and he owns part of the business, now you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So it was.
Speaker 9: I mean I was the one, you know, using the bread to pay for my rent, pay for my food, anything that I needed, but then also anything that he needed. If he needed me, he just hit me. And we get it, we get it. But I mean it was tough.
Speaker 10: You know, I was borrowing money from here, trying to get money from here.
Speaker 9: And it was a bunch of nose, A bunch of nose, but you know, just keep going using it.
Speaker 4: Back to p.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: It was really inspired too by like Nipsey during that time, like just all money in like we literally went all money and like we knew it was something special. We just kind of like, and I feel like a lot of people have been there before. It's like you know you got something, you know it's coming. It's almost like you're waiting on a big check and it's just like, how do you just limit that debt before you get the big check because a lot of times you get that so high. By the time you get the big check, you back at zero. So it was just one of those things where what we did was we knew that we didn't want to give up a bunch of equity, so it was just like we just kept figuring out ways of reaching our own pocket. Like that's like you said, didn't take anything from the business, because it was more important about the business standing up once you got the infrastructure in place. And that's why when we actually cut it on, it was like, Okay, it was worth the sacrifice. Now, like okay, boom, can we can run.
Speaker 3: Now, let's go.
Speaker 9: And we weren't and sorry, we weren't paying any money on marketing. I mean, we still haven't paid any money on marketing. And it's all been me, me being on the phone, just finding things that match between what we talk about, things to talk about on the golf course, things that y'all talk about. Me and y'all put y'all on there a couple of times, just from a standpoint of these are the things that we talk about on the golf course, you know what I'm saying. These are the things that we have in common with. I mean, we're regular folks just like everybody else that don't play. That's why you should come out here and just try it, you know, spreading network, you know what I'm saying. And I mean it grew from there just us being in tune with our customers. You just through through Instagram and that's how we grew it and kept their attention.
Speaker 5: You spoke about convertible note. You didn't know what that was. What do you know what?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I know what it is now, yeah, yeah, part of the learning process.
Speaker 8: Now we're raising money right now. So we went out and raised some capital. We raised it on a safe note. You know why combinator, essentially you.
Speaker 5: Can you explain what it convertible note is.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So for convertible note is essentially you will receive cash right now based on what you think. Well, basically, you receive cash, and it will the note will mature into equity essentially, that's the simple term of it. So you give me one hundred thousand right now and you essentially it's just a note, so you don't own any equity, and then you could say in twelve months that one hundred thousand will then convert into equity. So at that twelve month period, if it's if our business is valued that a million dollars, that one hundred thousand is worth ten percent of our company, so it converts. Now the good good thing about a convertible note, you could also say, hey, you know what, let's say the company's value that two million. I could just pay you back on your note and give you interest so you don't have to receive equity.
Speaker 5: But yeah, and then you said the investment deck, So that's like the deck that you put together for investors. Yes, yeah, and it has like all of the projective revenue in and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So we had projective revenue, and we didn't even necessarily do that. What we did was we did it basically, we simplified it because we did it on a safe note. And then if anybody, I would definitely tell them go look into what a safe note, y combinator. It really makes it simple for any like founders that are out there to kind of control your equity and your business.
Speaker 3: And we made it really simple.
Speaker 8: And then what we did was we put our strategy in there essentially on what we were going to do with the money in the third and fourth quarter. So we raised money basically in the first and second quarter of the year. Really second quarter is when we really focused on raising money in capital, family and friends around not a Series A. And then we essentially said when that note matures, you know, how.
Speaker 2: Did you figure out how much equity and you were willing to give up? Is that something you too sat down and said, right, we're comfortable at this number.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 9: It was more of a where do you think we could thrive that, you know if we give I mean, let's say, is for example one hundred percent. Let's say we're trying to give away twenty percent of our business. I mean we got to a point where we were just like, I mean, it's twenty percent too much because how much control do we want them to have? You know, how much visibility or what is it that they want from this?
Speaker 10: You know what I'm saying, like and how much of a stronghold and.
Speaker 9: In the contract if it's if that percentage is high enough, I mean, what they can actually do to our company, you know, what they can control and what they can say on what we do.
Speaker 8: So but and I'll also say too, like just going through the process, you you got to keep your business attractive, so like most like and we had like a lot of basically BC's and sharks come at us early, right, and so they everyone's going to say, I only want to invest in your business unless I can have basically a strong percentage because I want to be invested in it. But then it's like no, because if you do it too early, you don't necessarily even give room for vcs later with the big money so early.
Speaker 2: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC Earners. What's Up? You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, It's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wa wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 11: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day. Imprisoned and deported, you will never return, but if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families.
Speaker 2: Will be protected sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 8: Go, you really want to keep it as low as possible, and you got to be very strategic with who you invest with.
Speaker 3: And that's what we did.
Speaker 8: So like we went and necessarily got I would say, like a quiet investor, someone that really knows to invest, like not someone that's like, all right, if I give you a hundred thousand, I'm gonna need it back in six months or I'm gonna need it back in a year. No, it's an investment. Let this investment mature over time. So that was one of the things that I think we did. And then being strategic, so like if we had one person in this area, if we had a lawyer to invest, I e.
Speaker 3: An example, like we.
Speaker 8: Didn't need to go get another lawyer to invest. Let's go get an accountant to invest, Let's go get another you know, just different fields because now you can leverage them as well because they're invested in your business. So we kind of diversified I would say, our investor. And then we also were just really conscious of like, and I'll say this, like one of the deals that we did, we were able to get out like two deals basically to get us where we are to that and one of them was I would feel like they didn't understand what we were trying to do.
Speaker 3: It was kind of like a lack of knowledge.
Speaker 8: So we basically was like, yo, come down on equity so we can make somebody else fit so that the business is still attractive in the future.
Speaker 3: And they're like, huh, what you want to come down?
Speaker 8: I was like, no, we got to do this because if we give up kind of what he was saying, the line's share of our business too early, it leaves no room later on. And so we were able to honestly get out of that deal.
Speaker 3: But we were able.
Speaker 8: I would say one of the best deals we did was we partner up with our manufacturing partner right now and get terms. Because everyone says cash flow, cash flow, cash flow, but I truly understand what cash flow means because you'll lock up your cash if you got bad terms. And an example would be when we first started a business, we were paying fifty percent on an order up front, and then it takes what ninety days for it to get produced, and then you gotta sell it, so you really want to.
Speaker 3: You got one hundred and twenty days.
Speaker 8: Let's say you put up one hundred grand on inventory, you got one hundred and twenty days without and it's still locked up and you still got bills every month. But now we were able to get to the point where we got better terms. So now we could place an order ninety days to produce it. Once you receive it, we got a net thirty, So now you got that that cash.
Speaker 2: We just had about net thirty.
Speaker 5: People hear net thirty, forty fifty, net sixty. They don't know what that is.
Speaker 2: That's something we learned very very early.
Speaker 8: No, net thirty isn't basically, it's it's when you have Okay, the person is saying, from this day, you have thirty days to pay me or forty five days to pay me, but you get to receive the services on the front end. So that's the thing, Like you get the goods on the front end, where before we was paying for the we had to put fifty percent up front. And this is why people say credit is so important because you can't get these type of deals unless you have good credit. So we were playing fifty percent up front, fifty percent on the arrival, and then it was just all on us, where now we can place an order no money up, receive it no money up, and then once we start in a sense getting money with that NET thirty, then you can pay them back.
Speaker 5: You know, that's something that you know, all of this stuff and stuff that we learn on the fly, So at least we did learn on the fly, and it's like learning the language is extremely important. So for us, we've been on the opposite side of that as far as like, you know, if we have an ad. Let's say Joe blows you know, grass company, grass cutting company wants to do an ad and then they have like NET forty five or NET thirty, So we do the ad, but then they don't pay till thirty days or forty five days later. So it's important to understand that because it's like if you do an AD or somebody, you think you're gonna get paid tomorrow and then you're waiting on the money and then it's like where's the money. It doesn't come until too.
Speaker 2: Much from there, it goes back to your point of why having an accountant is super important, We'll have like six sads in that time, and you're like, wait, did we get paid for the last one?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 2: We used to start going. I remember when we first started our YouTube and we had some views and I'm like, wait, we made eighty three dollars and I'm calling Google. I'm like, look, man, when we getting this eighty three dollars? It's that thirty guys. I'm like, oh, okay, I knew that. I wait on it right.
Speaker 8: And I also say, like too, to your point, it's just a stigma, like you said earlier, like we don't know knowledge, and that's why credit is so important in debt, Like it's okay to use good business credit and so you don't tie up your cash, you know what I mean. You just got to be smart about it to know. But like that's what I was saying earlier, where like you give up so much. When you finally do get the income, you don't have nothing left because you had all these bad terms where like literally, okay, yeah you did fifty thousand, but you're still old eighty because and you behind and now they charge you interests and all of that. So all of that stuff is very very important. Like you said, man, we learned it on the fly, like you just gotta what was that book we man, my man from light Ship Capital. It was called Venture Something. I wish I knew the title of.
Speaker 3: It, but it was what you're talking about.
Speaker 8: It was a really good book and it really really broke down like how venture capitalists think and what are some of the most important things that you need to do to kind of get to where we are today.
Speaker 3: Because it was definitely learning, Like.
Speaker 8: We definitely learned got a lot of good people, getting the right help around you.
Speaker 3: That's just like anything else. And now you know we're rocking and rolling.
Speaker 8: We got our COO definitely needs somebody that like knows the business. That was one of the important things, and then start putting people in position so he has a role in the company. I have a role in the company. Our CEO has a role in the company. Like everybody kind of like playing that role. Everybody still does everything, but it's still kind of like you want to work towards truly like putting you know, people in the right position to be successful.
Speaker 5: Very important. Okay, so how did this deal.
Speaker 10: With Jordan come up?
Speaker 3: About I was. Yeah.
Speaker 9: So, I mean from all the marketing that we did, there came a point where actually CJ.
Speaker 3: Paul reached out.
Speaker 2: In my mind, I'm thinking like se J pull I know it was a c C. Bath Yeah, Jordan all around this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so CJ.
Speaker 9: He definitely asked about two of everything, like Earl said, you know, uh, and then more to give to people in the bubble.
Speaker 5: But so we tour two of everything exactly to you had the polo shirts. Obviously, what exactly are they asked him for to of every like what time?
Speaker 9: It was just yeah, at that time it was T shirts, sweatshirts, hats, socks, and like some magnet lapels.
Speaker 8: Just like four items. It wasn't nothing too crazy. We didn't even have polos. And that's the other thing I want to say to just real just to chime in.
Speaker 3: It's like.
Speaker 8: We started a golf brand and we didn't even have polos, right, it was just the logo. And then like I got to give oh a lot of credit because he don't rush, like he said, he want quality on everything, so it's like doing it the right way. He could have easily rushed and like, oh we had god brand, let's just slap some polos together. It was like, nah, I want them polos to be right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're the actual logo right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so yeah on a shoe, man, that's crazy.
Speaker 10: But yeah, man, so going from there, well.
Speaker 3: Where else not just the hold like CJ like Gentry and yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 9: So CJ came on and he was just like, yeah, I definitely want to introduce you guys a Gentry Humphrey. He's a VP over in Nike, I guess not I guess the god of footwear or bringing sneakers back in Nike.
Speaker 10: That's what they know him for. But we went out to go play golf with him.
Speaker 9: Well first well first we got on the phone with him and he liked this enough to where he got on some on the phone with him J and so.
Speaker 5: We had Michael Michael Jordan's what excuse me?
Speaker 2: Can we not just plays over that you got on the phone with Michael Jeffery Earl? Please please don't don't bring over to Michael Jordan.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so we end up So what happened. So this is like August the twenty twenty. We talked to g g'z like, yo, I love what y'all doing and this time, he knew MJ was real big in the golf. Everybody knows, well not everybody, but after the documentary everybody saw it.
Speaker 3: So he flips it over the MJ like, yo, just take.
Speaker 8: It, like Michael Jordan, Michael Michael Jeffrey, Michael Jeffrey Jordan, Sir, just our deck.
Speaker 2: I'm about to do that the J cole Michael Jeffrey Jordan.
Speaker 8: Yes, he flips the deck over to him. He sees it and he's like, yo, I love it. Like just an email. We haven't spoken to him or nothing like that. It's just kind of just like you know, somebody's like we come to some of you, like I know, Envy. I'll just I'm gonna see what he thinks, Like I can't just walk you in the room just yet, like let me test the waters. If he bites, then we'll take it from there. So that's what happened. And then, like he said, the moment came because these things kind of started rolling and we still, like he said, we market and we're still doing our thing and then we end up. So it was funny because he's like all right, yo, y'all ready, and we're like, what you mean He's like Mike wanted, you know, y'all ready to talk to Mike, like y'all gonna talk directly to him and kind of pitch it like because you need to hear it from y'all, like y'all passion the real story to be like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we ready, we ready. And it was funny.
Speaker 8: I always joke with people because I'm like, this is the this is the first zoom call where like literally they.
Speaker 3: Was like, yo, y'all need to be on there early.
Speaker 8: Y'all got thirty minutes, like and it said, don't get stars struck, don't be up up like he gonna come on, y'all gotta be ready because there was other stuff he had to do too, So it wasn't just like our meeting. It was just like we found some time. He gonna take out time out of his schedule and pitch it to him, and we got on there. We pitched it to him and I'll never forget like we did our whole spill.
Speaker 3: He was like, all.
Speaker 8: Right, those are two great stories. We tell the best stories. Did we sign them yet?
Speaker 3: And they were like on the phone like uh yeah, yeah, we were on it. Yeah.
Speaker 8: So it was like it was like mj believe like he he he immediately got in one of the things too, like he loved golf. I don't know people know, like at one point Michael Jordan literally got kicked off a golf course for wearing cargo shorts, like in modern time, like not low before he won championships. No, like this happened, and I think in Miami and like oh six, don't quote me on the date, but literally it was definitely in the two thousand Michael Jordan got kicked off a golf course and got basically said you can't come back here because he had on cargo shorts.
Speaker 3: So like I feel like that was a no.
Speaker 8: Reason too why he created his own golf course and he understood like y'all trying what y'all trying to break and do, and like you know, it was just like he's like yo, like I get it.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 9: And from them he has a golf course. Yeah, he has his own golf course, Rove twenty three down in Hope Sound, Florida.
Speaker 5: In Florida.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we've been at this time right.
Speaker 9: Next to JUPI to Florida. I mean he's not too far from like Tiger Woods, live and you already.
Speaker 5: Know have you had, Like how y'all communicated with him?
Speaker 8: I mean I was, I've I've talked, We've talked about we talked to him by it like three times. Oh talk to him a couple of times without me just being around.
Speaker 5: So how is that? How is How is he?
Speaker 2: Is he?
Speaker 5: Because I always everybody always know he's the most competitive person in the world. And he's real hard to you know, on his teammates in that documentary thing like that, So you know, not a lot of people will have access somebody.
Speaker 3: He's real.
Speaker 5: He seems like an introvert. Also, he's not really like it's jay Z.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 5: You can't just not a lot of people speaking to Michael Jordan's So I was, how is it? How is he?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I would say the first time we met him, it was with G. We were out of the golf course. We finished up on the eighteenth hole and G says, yeah, man, these are my guys, and you know it's a large one. He could really play me. First thing he asked me, but would you shoot? I'm like, man, I shot like seventies Man, Like, man, get out of here, man.
Speaker 2: You know, really seventies a professional number for those not in the know.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, but no really competitive, nice guy. Let me talk about basketball. But that was just the first time that we met.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so the first time and then like it was kind of just real cashual breeze by kind of like a thing like you know, like he acknowledged that he like he definitely spoke, but.
Speaker 3: It was kind of like all right, moving on.
Speaker 8: But then I would say, like, so the one of the times we get up there, probably the third time we out there with c C.
Speaker 3: Sabathian, who loves golf.
Speaker 8: Like CC he retired, he playing golf every day, and so Cec we go down there to the golf course to grow twenty three. We go play nine holes. I'm like, all I'm about to run back in or whatever. So I go back into the golf shop and I'll never forget this moment for the rest of my life.
Speaker 3: So I walk in the joint and.
Speaker 8: He's sitting down and he looks at me and he's like, my boy, Like I'm thinking somebody behind me. I'm like, there's no way Michael Jordan knows who I am.
Speaker 3: And then he God gave me that Now like now I'm talking to you like, you know, I'm talking to you, like what's up. So I'm like, oh shit, Mike, you know.
Speaker 8: So I walk over there and you know, I'm talking to him. He just like really remember the depth. But he said what's going on? Like, uh, where's Elijah one? And I'm like, oh, he outside like with CC like they on the tee or whatever. And then somebody next to him he knew, uh oh knew him or whatever he liked, so dude named Jesse.
Speaker 3: So Jesse like a large one outside, so he get up go talk to oh.
Speaker 10: So then somebody else's table like, oh.
Speaker 8: Man, look what you got on the feet. So I had on like the US Open Jordan Fords. They was like real exclusive, like the Federal d He was like, nah, these were these a golf us the golf Yeah, yeah, golf and he like he like, damn, I don't even got those.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you know what I mean, I don't want to give up my plug, Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: Like so it was kind of like that awkwad moment and then like we just started rapping. But I did kind of I do tell people, I did kind of have that moment where it was like all right, like it was like frozen in time. I don't even remember what the conversation was about. Like he just kind of like, all right, you can move now.
Speaker 3: Like like I was like stuck there. Like it was like I was like all right, cool.
Speaker 8: So then we end up going back out on the tee and then we actually got a picture and we got it definitely. It's on our Instagram and we gotta put that up on the website too. But we ended up taking a picture shortly after that with him, so cc him and I kind of came back in and then we just like busted up for a minute and got to pick with him.
Speaker 5: So all right, so you meet him your devaluation. He likes it, so he signs you guys to Jordan Brand. Is that how that happens.
Speaker 9: So we're definitely still working on a partnership as far when it comes to that. I would say actually the day after that happened, actually he left and had to go do some work, had to go do something, and I stayed to practice. So got there maybe like eight am and I'm hitting balls, you know, out on the driver range, just practicing. He gets there like none you know, yellow Ferrari pull up parking on the curve all outside.
Speaker 3: Yes, course, this his course.
Speaker 9: So he parking, get out, he wave, I'm like yo, So goes inside, pray, probably tease off. In another fifteen minutes, so waves again. So ends up playing non holes, makes the turn. I'm still practicing, you know any way, like I see you, you know. Then he ends up playing another nine holes and they finished. I'm still practicing. Hour goes by after he finishes. I finally finished. I come inside my prolo drenched, you know what I'm saying, just from being out there all day.
Speaker 5: He got it.
Speaker 9: I got in and he was like, okay, I see you out there working. I see you out there working. You know.
Speaker 3: Get this man somes the Caro.
Speaker 10: You know, because he owns your part of Sanchro.
Speaker 9: So Drakes and Carol stood there for a couple of minutes, ended up changing, had a flight to catch change, came back, sat down. He was probably sent at the table with a good four or five of the guys, and one of the guys at the table just asked, yo, so tell me a little bit about east side golfing. What you guys are doing. I maybe talked for a good minute and a half and MJ just cuts me off, and he says, and that's why we're collabing with them, you know. And I just explained, you know, who I was, who Eorl was, and what we're trying to do and trying to change and what we're actually bringing to the game and.
Speaker 3: How it was going to look different, and he was just all with it, you know.
Speaker 9: And then we end up drinking some corral together, smoked a little cigar, you know, and.
Speaker 5: So it was so the collaboration is still kind of it's still it works, yeah, Like.
Speaker 10: Well collaboration partnership.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean it's there, Like we definitely are partners with the Jordan brand. Like it's definitely a partnership there.
Speaker 3: We are.
Speaker 8: What we're working on right now is just trying to figure out, you know, for next year, like that's the big thing. And like we got shoes and like record time. So that's why like these first ones are super limited, just because.
Speaker 5: So what is that all right? What is actually to collaborate? You guys took Jordan sneakers and made them golf shoes.
Speaker 8: So no, they had golf shoes out. They have Star already started coming out with Jordan sneakers. Yes, with the cleats on and then they started like engineering them better because initially it was just literally just like a sneakers. They end up developing to where they're like, okay, they started signing like athletes on the tours. So there's a couple of guys on the PGA tour that wears on, like Bubba Watson is one, Pat Perez, a black guy by the name of Harold Varner who's out there. And so like the engineering started to get behind it. So the shoes started to become more and more popular, they started making more and more of them, and then what we came involved was we're the first ever Jordan golf shoe collabor with a golf brand. So like they've kind of created like custom shoes golf shoes before, but they've never did a collaboration with any other golf brand. And so like that's where our partnership lies, where it's like this is the first ever, but we're excited because there's more in the future.
Speaker 5: So so so what exactly are you, Like what kind of merchant did you collab on?
Speaker 3: So right now, we just did the shoe.
Speaker 8: The shit this one the shoe, and we did it in record time, Like people gotta understand, like we did it a shoe and literally, in like eight months, you made your own shoe. So yeah, we had it's the Jordan for it's the Jordan Ford. Yeah, but we designed like the colors the Okay, so it's Jordan Ford, but you put the spice on it. No, the spikes are already on there. But what we did with spikes spice your own drip to it.
Speaker 9: Yes, yeah, So I mean I came up with the design myself, and it was honestly, I came to ge we went to go to breakfast, and I came up with a deck. It was probably like six different shoes. He came with a deck. It was maybe like four or five different shoes. We sat them next week. Well actually we just exchanged decks. I looked on it and I was like, bro, it's the same shoe.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's and I'm thinking to myself, like, y'all both said we're doing the four because I would imagine they wanted you to collaborate on a bunch of shoes. They gave you a bunch of the numbers, and you're like, the four is the one you.
Speaker 10: Usually when you collabed with Jordan, you don't have a.
Speaker 3: True telling you they already inline shoes and you get it.
Speaker 9: Like yeah, so there's a certain time that let's say, Nikes doing the coming out with the Jordan's eight at this time, so you know, during June through October, and were coming out.
Speaker 10: With a Collapse through June through October.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna we're gonna be getting the eight.
Speaker 2: So it just yeah, yeah, you don't get this makes sense now?
Speaker 3: So now the Union four, Yeah, it's the year four.
Speaker 2: It's the year of the four. So the Union four goes up there. If Dancee wanted to collaborate, he would have a you have a four.
Speaker 8: Yea, And like even don c said it, like you take what they give you, like quote unquote, he didn't necessarily want it to he killed the two kil still one of the best tunes out there. But at the end of the day, like you don't you don't get to pick before it is or it is, and you just kind of put your you put your style on like he said, you put the spice on it. And that's what we were able to do. But there's more coming. Like so basically we was in line. We collab It was dope and then just the reaction has been just unbelievable to wait people, the buzz, it's.
Speaker 2: Just what's the first thing I said when y'all came out the car, Yeah, that.
Speaker 3: We bring them? Yeah.
Speaker 2: How acceptive were they to you not having the Jordan logo but the actual east Side golf logo on the it's on the tongue, correct, it's on the top. They was like, all right, we can do that.
Speaker 3: They were very accepted.
Speaker 5: The cleat that logo on the tongue, the Jordan logo on what the Jordan logo.
Speaker 3: Is, Yes, yeah it is. It's right on the tongue.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's right there in the tongue. Well, actually the regular four has the patch on it. This is the first four where they it's no patch on the actress.
Speaker 3: It's just a log.
Speaker 5: Yeah you got you gotys send us a professional pictures, will put it on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 9: And then on the bottom of it, I actually came out with a candide, how I ain't.
Speaker 5: Bring the how I ain't bring the first thing?
Speaker 2: I said, brother, we got.
Speaker 5: Gotta be prepared at all times.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is not like you guys, but look it's not like this mantle up here is waiting for you.
Speaker 5: Waiting for wen't need? So all right, when did they drop?
Speaker 3: Tomorrow?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they have to come out yet now.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we released from tomorrow, so we had a we had a raffle, so we did it raffle style.
Speaker 5: And tomorrow because this episode is going to come out after that, so June seventh, August seventh, and seventh, Yeah, it's going to come out and how is it going to be released?
Speaker 8: So we did it just because we're trying to fight the bots. So like we still got bots, like I mean, and even Nike gets botsed like and we're not as big as Nike. So what you basically do is to ensure that it is as random as possible. We did a raffle where people can sign up, which the sign up has been insane.
Speaker 3: We got like one hundred and I think it's.
Speaker 8: One hundred and seventeen thousand entries, but we had to scrape through I think at one point it was like eight hundred thousand because of the bots, so.
Speaker 3: It's just over a million now.
Speaker 8: So you basically got to like constantly be scrubbing to ensure and there's ways that you can check like essentially like user behavior so like there's a way that if you were to sign up on a raffle non times out of ten for us, like you're going to hit the site multiple times. So if you just come on one time, then we know generally speaking, that's probably a bot.
Speaker 5: So you get to control out a Nike Nike Well, it's kind of like a combination of both, right, Like they obviously kind of help you through that process. Is it sold that now?
Speaker 8: It's so exclusively on Eastside Golf dot it's hold on your websit and he's like sleepingly sold on east side golf dot com.
Speaker 2: For the first be crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, how much the inventory do you have?
Speaker 3: It's super limited. I can't release the number. It's super limited.
Speaker 5: And Nike and that's Nike ships hit.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's all gonna be shipped. Yeah, it's all gonna be shipped and delivered. But if you gotta go to Eastside golf dot com.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean every sneaker page on Instagram had them.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, Now we dominated the sneaker culture for like forty eight hours.
Speaker 4: It was crazy.
Speaker 5: It was how long do you anticipate before it cells out?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's gonna be seconds.
Speaker 8: I mean because you got to under it like it's already in a sense sold out. Like the way you get it is through the raffle, And like I said, we've scrubbed and we still got about one hundred and seventeen thousand entries for super limited pairs.
Speaker 3: Two seconds.
Speaker 8: They said, like the buzz for these is like the d or Ones. Yeah, no, bs like.
Speaker 5: And their golf shoes and their golf So everybody's gonna wear them in the golfers. People's just gonna wear them just I think I.
Speaker 9: Think I think a few people are gonna take the spikes off the bottom of.
Speaker 8: It because you're gonna take them out, and just because you can replace the spikes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you go to you know the address, right, I'm gonna show you the closet after we okay.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you go to a golf store and you get a spike removal. I mean it's a little too pronged. Take you a second, clip.
Speaker 8: It out because they were built so like you wear them down, you can kind of replace.
Speaker 3: You can definitely take it out. And that's the thing.
Speaker 8: Like people honestly are treating like a collector's item too, So like people just going like just like the yours. I'm telling you, it's so similar to the door, Like people a gonna try to get them and just put them up. Now it's gonna be people that will also wear them on the golf course as well, but generally speaking, most people are just gonna kind of put them up and sit on them too late to get the camp.
Speaker 2: We're gonna talk about that. I know that their power is one thing, right, and you're trying to change the game, so obviously with the cleats, but what is your vision for some of these tours? Are we customized? Like what are you gonna do? Is it going to stick to khakis and polos up? We gotta bigger vision, like and we gonna see dudes wearing and had bands on the like what we're doing.
Speaker 9: I mean right now when it comes to the tournaments, we're so we're taking the approach of collabing with every single tournament. So we're coming out with pieces that were selling the in their tour tent So like even we just did a Rocking Mortgage Classic, did a collab with Rocking Mortgage, so all the pieces were custom They're not sold on the website, you can only get them at that tournament. So we're releasing pieces like that. But then also how we truly grow in golf is the pieces that we're releasing that are for golf. I mean we're talking about, you know, pieces as far as like a vest, hoodie, you know what I'm saying. Also go over a polo, over a T shirt. This is something that's coming a little later this year. We're coming out with a jacket, you know, later this year, maybe like Bomber next year.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 9: So these are different things that you can honestly wear, you know, out with the boys, go get a drink in. But also we're to the golf course and be comfortable, be warm, and be fashionable.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: At the same time, y'all trying to find a signature athlete because I know you mentioned Varna and I know Cameron cha Champ because it's very limited. It's like four players African American players that are on the tour, so I can imagine maybe starting there and then.
Speaker 3: No, no, that's not the plan. I mean, we got an athlete right here, like we're.
Speaker 2: Gonna break that. We're gonna break that news aflete.
Speaker 8: Nah oh, I mean, like he said, that's why the reason he started the company, Like he's super talented, Like he's not wasting his time like he know, like if I thought like it was a waste of time.
Speaker 3: So like I even got to tell this story you mentioned, uh, Cameron Champ.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so we played in the pro am, which is essentially it's almost like an open run. So imagine like before an NBA game, if you got to like warm up with the guys right and just kind of warm up. So that's basically what it was, like a warm up that we did at a PGA tournament. So it's called a pro am, so you play with pros and amateurs and oh, we get to the first and like the two pros get up in here. It was Tony Phenam and Cameron Champ in New Orleans. So they get up, they bomb it down the middle, and then were about to walk off because typically we playing up amateurs play from up here, pros play from back here. O was like, nah, I want to play from back here, and the PGA Tour rules officials like, you know, sir, like this ain't the time, like just t up there.
Speaker 3: He like, nah, I want to play from right here. They was like oh okay.
Speaker 8: So then he ended up putting it in the ground, got up there and bomb that joint down the middle. And these two are one of the longest guys on tour here had pass both of them right down the middle and they were just like, oh wow. And then you know, I got up there hit my little shot. I was in the fairway. I wouldn't I wasn't like these guys. But I say all that to say like he one can definitely can't compete against them. It was like, you know, when we were out there, he definitely showed that. But I think, like to your other point, like he is the logo, so it's like, first you're gonna kind of start with him, and then I think, you know, as the brand grows, there will be other people that we kind of bring on. But it's all about kind of like embodying the ethos of the brand. And I feel like that's what Jordan Brand did. And you know, when we collab with partners, we just try to make sure that it's alignment because we don't want to come anything kind of traditional, so we just want to continue to kind of create that new wave.
Speaker 5: Yeah east Side, So you so you're you're a professional golfer now, yeah, so work still, I mean head designer of east Side, but still working on, you know, replacing myself in the business and then going to be doing many tour events, you know, hopefully Q school, qualifying school for the PGA Tour and UH and just getting runs in, like he said, just many tour events, many tour events and starting just to get that comfortable and find time to practice, you know, while running this business.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: So I think you guys are very similar. I think what we've done in the world of finance, just breaking.
Speaker 4: O rules and wearing shoes.
Speaker 2: And talking how we talk, is kind of what you guys are doing for golf. Yeah, and so it's a sport that we started by saying, not many African Americans are involved. What are your plans to get the youth to be in love with the game, in touch with the game, understand the game, exposure to it. What do you've got You have that in the plans?
Speaker 10: Yeah, for sure. So I mean I'll go and I'll let you go.
Speaker 9: But first off, it was always about having them getting them interested, you know. That was always like, how are we gonna get them to want to even want to play golf? You know, And I felt like it was always representation, just never seeing anybody that acted normal or acted like them and then played golf. You know, definitely Tiger Woods was the catalyst, was the first person who pushed the needle forward. But then to find similarities in between a person you see playing golf. I felt like making the logo would speak to everybody without even start, without even playing golf. But you see the logo and it says, damn like I could be myself. You know, no matter if I got a Cuban League chain on and swinging as hard as I can, the chain't going this way, club going this way, I could still play golf and have a good time and be fashionable, just like the logo.
Speaker 10: So first you get their attention, which we.
Speaker 9: Did, but then we started to get the attention of young professionals.
Speaker 10: So that was first because.
Speaker 9: Honestly, in golf, the younger generation, how they're going to be successful is their parents. You know, they're going to be the people that take them to the golf course, pay for the clubs, pay.
Speaker 10: For the lessons and all those things.
Speaker 9: So we got the young professionals' attention and then we show the positives and things that they can get from it. So now they're teaching their kids, you know, the positives and how to network and how to even play golf because you can get a golf scholarship or just you can learn the networking tools that you need in life just from playing golf.
Speaker 8: So but yeah, no, he's on hundre percent right. Like the dividends, it pays dividends much earlier and sooner if you go at the young professionals like you guys are prime example, and I'm sure a lot of your listeners are priming examples. If they picked up a golf club today and really took the time and invest in it, they will see a return on that, I would say probably in twelve to eighteen months. The network and the opportunity to travel, whether we could just be something relaxing, or it could be opportunities for their business rather than if you have a child at twelve or thirteen. There's nothing wrong with it, but the return is going to be a little bit longer. It's going to be you know, they got to wait till they get to college and things of that nature. So our whole thing kind of just reiterated his point. It's just like if you grow up seeing it, it's like, oh, like your kids. I don't know if you guys have kids or not, but it's like if you started and you coming home with the golf clubs and they seeing they're like, damn dad, He's like, yeah, I got this deal on a golf course.
Speaker 3: They just start seeing it.
Speaker 8: Now you can kind of talk to them about, okay, how this thing really works, and then they start seeing the value in it because that's the biggest thing.
Speaker 3: And you kind of touched on.
Speaker 8: It very early on. It was like we don't we hear about it, but we don't see it. So now you get someone that can actually like in your household. You seeing them actually on the golf course and what opportunities are coming about, You're like, Okay, it is real. It is doable, because that's the thing. You just got to make it real and tangible. So to his point, I just think like we are focused on a younger generation for sure, but like I feel like we naturally do that and they want to kind of play golf. But like I would say, our immediate focus is young professionals investing in them because if we do that, then they'll start having kids and training up their kids will it'll just be normal, because it's just like, I don't know my dad was always playing golf.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that was not anything.
Speaker 8: It's just like when you grow up in a house, you don't know, like you grow up wherever in the project. You're just like, I didn't know it was something different. Id't know this world was bad. This was just my world. It's just my universe. So it's like, how do we normalize golf, how do we normalize stocks, assets, all of those things for the next generation and they can actually see the results of it.
Speaker 9: And honestly, we're breaking the company into three branches. One being a pail, the main branch where we make all our bread. The second branch being the professional route. Well i'm sorry, nonprofit route, So nonprofit money that we receive, we would put it towards sponsoring black professional golfers, making more professional golfers, but then also making more professional black teachers as well, expanding that PG of America reach and to where they'll still be rocking east side. So that's the second branch, and then the third one is teaching, so he would be a part of that one and actually making like I said, more PJ professionals, but teaching them and having the opportunity to.
Speaker 10: Get them accredited through east Side. That's a goal of ours.
Speaker 9: So now we're giving people accreditations, you know what I'm saying, and they can run an entire golf course. Also we're trying to put well, we're going to be putting money towards the younger individuals that want to play golf and getting them donations, the balls, the clubs, the clothes, and to where they can be out there and they can be accepted by the golf course or by the people around it. But all of those things, I mean, I would say that's the that's the plan to actually influence an.
Speaker 2: So speaking of teaching, you had a very prestigious student from your state. Yeah, can you elaborate on it?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Now I was, well, I guess now the President of the United States currently, mister Joe Biden. I had an opportunity to teach him, which was kind of crazy. Like the story was wild because I'm at Womanton Country Club and like I said, I was the first African American god pro there and I used to caddy there, So it was like a full circle thing where like if you know caddies like just there just carrying the clubs. It's not nothing sexy about caddying. And then to come back and get an opportunity to teach there. But one day I'm just doing my thing, you know, and at this point I was getting a lot of recognition from my teaching at this time, and somebody, my man Ron Oliver, comes in, who is close to Jail, that's like his best friend, and he says, Yo, like you ready, he's out there on a lesson tea. I'm like, huh what So all right, I go out there and showing up it's Joe Biden. But it's crazy because, like I tell people, like you're training them, but it's like an audience now, like you got secret service there. They's super tight on you. Everybody's looking like, oh that's Joe, that's Joe. And I was a cool it was, you know, I just kind of got in my teaching mode, you know, because I love to teach. So we were just out there just chopping it up, helping him out, you know, making better contact with the golf ball and then you know, just small conversation and one of the things I just remember, I'm like, so, you know, what do you like about coming out here?
Speaker 3: The most, like what's your highlight?
Speaker 8: And he was like, I get to drive the golf cart because everywhere I've been for like the last.
Speaker 3: You know, eight years, I get driven. I don't get to drive no more.
Speaker 8: So it's kind of out there. He gets a little bit more controlled. But it was it was a dope experience, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It was just something that he was like.
Speaker 8: Yo, keep going, keep doing your thing, and just you know, I was able to kind of capture that moment, you know, with a photograph. So it was definitely one of those dope experience to be able to, you know, teach the vice president then, but now the president of the United States.
Speaker 3: You have it.
Speaker 2: Michael Jordan's.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's been it's been crazy to support for the brand. You know, there's so many people need to shout out like you know, like I said, Chris Paul has been unbelievable supportive.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Uh you know that we signed the c A A. You got Sean Pecos over there signed them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah agents.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they do brand representation for us over there.
Speaker 5: Because we did the uh posted we met Dayne.
Speaker 8: Off course, yeah, so we worked with his his division over there too. So Peckos works over there, Desmond is over there, Lisa is managers.
Speaker 3: So it's a whole.
Speaker 9: It's a team called Amplifi or yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: So they so that's the division. So we sit in the golf division.
Speaker 8: So we got two folks over there, one by the name of a net Park and she's been excellent in Sam Sternberg, So Sam and and that is kind of like manager.
Speaker 3: What do they do for you?
Speaker 8: So they bring in brand partnerships, so basically like you know, we get opportunities. So we signed, well, yeah we can tell the BMW h we got a two year deal with BMW Championship that we did.
Speaker 10: You also have a deal with you guys are like this one coinbase.
Speaker 9: Well so yeah, just imagine you know what I'm saying that that was the whole thing, taking financial literacy and making it cool.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 9: So now you got a cool logo and every time you see it you think it damn like finance is cool too, Like maybe I want to start reading up on that or take the you know, Eyo University.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so they like they helped manage a lot of our deals for us and also like kind of you know, within their portfolio that gives us opportunity and exposure because they you know, they're connected to so many different athletes, like for the whole seeding opportunity.
Speaker 3: So it's been great.
Speaker 8: Like CIA has been really really to be a part of like that powerhouse and like the heads of it as well, because they all plays golf right like, so the head of sports, the head of music, the head of it is the head of that and CIA has that reach. So it's been it's been great, it's been. It's been good to really, you know, work with them.
Speaker 5: Do you have it, ladies and gentlemen. I appreciate you guys.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 5: I'm sure you're going to be killing the game for years and years to come. So I'm excited to see your journey. I'll be waiting for the cleats telling how can they follow you initiative that you have come in. I know it'll be too late to a boy, the sneakers, but yeah, tell them all the information. Website, social social media handles all that stuff.
Speaker 9: Website eastside golf dot com. Social media handle on Instagram is at east Side Golf. Twitter is at east Side Golf than the number six east Side Golf six on Twitter and you can reach out to us either at customer service at eastside golf dot com or just hit us in the DMS, you know, hit us on the east Side Golf and just get in touch with us.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and then I also say, like, you know, stay tuned. We got a lot of partnerships you know, coming up. So even if you can't get these pair of Jordan's, like, listen, we got more coming next year. We got more coming, We got more clothes, more collab, big dog. Yeah, it's a lot coming. So I know this was kind of like one of the ones, but like I feel like a lot of people will be disappointed that they didn't get the first ones. But trust me and believe me, there's so much more that you guys, know, like we got so much in the hopper like that we're baking on.
Speaker 3: They just take a while for.
Speaker 8: You know, real stuff takes six to eight months, you know what I mean, sometimes even longer. But don't don't don't don't be disappointed. Definitely check out Eastside golf dot com. We about to change the sport forever forever.
Speaker 5: There you have Troy.
Speaker 2: Shout everybody on Patreon dot com. Y'all know that's our Proud to Pay program. Obviously, Tier five members you have access to eyl University, the number one place for everything business and finance related. Shout out to all the ten thousand, earnest ten thousand. Shout out to all the ten all ten thousand of you. You have tremendously helped the financial world, not by just taking information but applying it and giving it to other people around you. So shout all y'all, and shout everybody supporting the merch. Obviously, euy L is more than just a podcast. We went not the typical podcast, So shout everybody supporting the merchant, spreading the brand.
Speaker 5: We love y'all, I said, ladies and gentlemen, Love is love. We'll see you guys next week.
Speaker 6: Peaces, my graduates from my school being Force Bad Drop Bag Drop Mike, drop Bad, Drop b Drop.
Speaker 12: If you love to travel, Capital one has a rewards credit card that's perfect for you. With a Capital one venture X card, you earn unlimited double miles on everything you buy, Plus you get premium benefits at a collection of luxury hotels when you book on Capital one Travel and with venture X, you get access to over one thousand airport lounges worldwide open up a world of travel possibilities with a Capital One venture X card. What's in your wallet?
Speaker 2: Terms ofply lounge access the subject to change. See Capitol one dot com for details