Speaker 1: NFL Cover Zero with Matt Jones and Drew Franklin is a production of the NFL and iHeart podcast. It is NFL Cover zero rd Rock again first week of August, getting ready for the Hall of Fame game coming up on Thursday. Is it Thursday or Saturday?
Speaker 2: Thursday?
Speaker 1: Thursday Thursday? First game of the year, Carolina and Arizona. You couldn't pick a better matchup to get the fans excited in Canton. Through Franklin, Matt Jones and Billy R. Sports, we are going to begin this week our NFL season previews, going by division. We're gonna do two divisions each week today the NFC East and the NFC South, So one of the sexiest divisions and then without question the least sexy division vision in sports. But Drew, nice to be with you. We'll also catch up on all the news of the NFL going into training camp. Lots of injuries unfortunately, but yes, ready for our first football tomorrow you.
Speaker 2: Or are you? Coming up just hours away from uh one of the one of the rivalries in the NFL. Won't call it the biggest, but it is a cross.
Speaker 1: Country then what is the biggest Carolina Arizona moment. I mean, Carolina and Arizona are two teams that not all that long ago have made the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a couple of former runners up in the in the NFL, and both times in games that are memorable, but not for them, meaning like you had that great comeback by Roethlisberger and Pittsburgh against against them and that was them.
Speaker 1: And then you had Jake Delone like throwing sixty one interceptions in the Super Bowl against the Patriots.
Speaker 2: Am I right about that? I think it might not be right at sixty one, but he tried.
Speaker 1: He was on in the fifties. But yes, yeah, Cam Newton.
Speaker 2: Made one right right, Denver refused to fall on the ball, didn't jump on the fumble, didn't jump on the fumble. So this has just been knocking on the door. That's why I'm looking forward to the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: But if you ask people, name a team that has made two Super Bowls since two thousand, name the NFC teams that have made the Super Bowl twice since two thousand. I don't know how many people would think of the Panthers as being an answer, but they are.
Speaker 2: Two more than the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, well, just quickly, how many teams in the NFC have made more Super Bowls in the two thousands.
Speaker 2: Than Carolina? So we know Dallas is not.
Speaker 1: The Giants I believe have made two, so the same now they won them, but still same them ount Eagles, Eagles have more, Eagles have been more, Commanders have not, Bears have not, Lions have not, Vikings have not. Packers I think have been more than two. Let's keep going. We're the Saints. No, Falcons know Tampa, how many have they been to since? But that's not more? They won both, correct, but that's not more. I'm just talking about getting the games. Get into their Arizona no, San Francisco.
Speaker 2: No. How many times have the Rams been since two thousand?
Speaker 1: Seattle's been three times?
Speaker 3: Well, I know the forty Niners have at least three, so they are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the fort ahead of them, So the forty nine ers, Seattle and Philadelphia have made more Super Bowls since two thousand then the Panthers, but only three teams in the NFC. I just think it's an interesting little factoid that if you were to do it on uh, you know, your bar trivia.
Speaker 2: I don't know how many people would get the Panthers. That's why they've they've tasted it. They've gotten so close.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they've on their mouth, they just haven't gotten to swallow.
Speaker 2: Bryce Young probably has a Jay Guloan picture next to his bed and he's thinking, I want to win for him. Yes, not just for me. I want to go out and win for him and for Cam Newton.
Speaker 1: So you know, just an interesting little, uh little factoid for you kids out there. So we're gonna get We're gonna start with with some previews, and we're gonna start with the nfcas. Now, the question, I guess is, let's start at the top. Who do you have winning the NFCS Cowboys, Eagles, Commanders or Giants. Because I'll start with that team. I want to give you a chance to pick the order. Who do you have to come in first.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna go and be reckless right away. They poured the Dallas Cowboys potion every off season, but I'm drinking at this offseason. I have pouring myself a glass. I'm not ready to put him in the super Bowl, but I think they get the division back this year. Okay, we'll make the case that offense was awesome. Last season, they averaged like forty a game. The Pickings ceedee Lamb Combo ended up working out. Pickens revitalized his career. They're the best receiving duo. Dak healthy, looks like young Dak again, doesn't look like a guy on the back end of his career. New running back comes in. I think. I think you rushed for one thousand yards. The offense was spectacular. On the other end, the defense was absolute trash.
Speaker 1: Brought in a lot of guys though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just as they could as much as they could score forty, they could easily give up forty. But they fired your boy, Ibra Flus. He was a one and done head coordinator. They bring in a newator. Told you that got kind of a steal in the draft, with Caleb Downs falling a little farther they thought, even though he still got it at like twelfth or something like that, if he pans out right away as a rookie. I think the defense can improve, but I expect the offense to repeat and be nearly as explosive as it was last year.
Speaker 1: So it's easy and sort of the eye rolling about the Cowboys to overlook how much better their offense was last year. I mean, Dak was Dak again. Pickens look like you know, made the Steelers look stupid for lett him go ceedee Lamb didn't have the year for most of the year they normally had, but then had some good weeks towards the end. If they're all clicking, you're gonna have what does Dak throw for?
Speaker 2: You know what? Five thousands in the five thousand club, So they're tight end. Got married this offseason to a Cavendar. Isn't that what they're called. Yeah, but I don't know if that's good. I think that's that's your name, right, I remember.
Speaker 1: Cavendar, not cadaver.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, he married a Cavender. Yeah, so now he's laser focused. It was the biggest tight end marriage of the offseason, I would say in the NFL. Yes, can't think of any bigger. Do the Cavenders.
Speaker 1: I know they played sports, but I don't think I ever see them when they're not dancing. Do they have a talent that is not I mean, I know they did play sports, but I think they're I think even under the current college sports rules, their eligibility is over. Do they do anything but days?
Speaker 2: You know, they were high level college basketball players, but they were big schools. I only know them for their tiktoking. I don't know that I've seen them take a jump shot.
Speaker 1: And I don't know which one switch, and I don't even know. I think one of them's names Hannah, and the other one's name is Barbara. He was pronounced Barbara Barbonhan, Haley, Hayden. Would you do that if you had twins? Would you name them things that are Hannah Haley both h a or do you just go completely? Would like you know, I told you and when I was going up there was twins named Nathan and Nathaniel.
Speaker 2: No, I wouldn't know. I wouldn't know that too far into why is that bad? One? You? Is it bad?
Speaker 3: She pronounced it Nathaniel too, not nothing Annuel. Yeah, that's that's too similar. Like I would get Matthew and Michael for like two twins.
Speaker 1: So you would do a literation, yes, but you wouldn't do But they went two letters Hannah and.
Speaker 3: Like a different pronunciation of the same name seems a little crazy.
Speaker 1: Matthew and Mathew.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that really has a lot to do with how the Cowboys are gonna do this year. But you you are believing can win the division?
Speaker 2: Yes, and I fool expect to be burned because Cowboys fans and people are betting on them. Every year get burned. But I say this is the year they take it back from the Eagles. Are you pro or con Brian Schottenheim, I'm pro your one look fun. I mean, defense was awful, as we said, but they made a quick change there, made the right draft picks. They're still recovering from the Michael Parsons trade. The story has not been written on that yet. They lost the pr battle early, but if the youth can step up this upcoming season, maybe they end up winning that tree.
Speaker 1: Jerry Jones this week, I think he said something like, I have a race against time life versus winning a super Bowl. What are the odds DraftKings setting.
Speaker 2: I'm not ready to put them in the big game yet. I think Jerry is still racing against that. Cl'ar an NFL podcast. We can say, yeah, a super Bowtle think I don't. I'm not ready put them there. I didn't get that deep into the potion. So I think Jerry is still it's a one year see even though Deck looked young a year ago. His clock is also ticking, so I understand why Jerry fills the urgency right now.
Speaker 1: He says he's considering selling a part of the team to Mark Cuban.
Speaker 2: That's interesting, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Like two Dallas Mega owners, mega personalities come together. Do they come together like Hulk and Macho at SummerSlam and then the Mega Powers explode at WrestleMania five? I mean, what's happening here?
Speaker 2: I think the real loseron that would be the Jones family who just want to own everything and take over after Jerry. I think if Mark gets too big of a piece of the pie, maybe they just have to start worrying about their futures. If I were Jerry, you got enough money, just keep the whole time his money as a person need Yeah, I mean, we just want the Seahawks just self order. Yeah, the Cowboy's worth more than that. Just hang on to Jerry. It's been a good investment for you.
Speaker 1: I saw that the Cowboys owner, the Seahawks owner. They asked him, you know, why did it? And he goes because it will be fun, which I thought, like that for a man who just spend nine million dollars, not a bad answer.
Speaker 2: It's fun.
Speaker 1: Just so rich.
Speaker 2: I just want to go and buy a football team. Yeah, I put his wife in charge too, right, I think he did.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm just trying to, you know, find bread that I can eat before it spoils. And they're like, they got bigger problems. I think I have bigger problems. He'll be fine. Your smaller problems way heavier than small problems, came wait, hea, Hey, so what's your prediction on a record over unders?
Speaker 2: Nine and a half? Twelve and five? Twelve and five?
Speaker 3: All right, Billy, I'm believing strong. I think Pickens has another great year. I think they really struck gold getting him. So I would take Cowboys to win the division this year, and so I guess I would take the over on that nine and a half if I'm doing that prediction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not picking him to win the division, but I think they will win. Well.
Speaker 1: The problem is I need to I need to look at the schedule. I think they're right at that nine and a half, hence the number. I'm gonna take the under just because I think they raised that number for the Cowboys because they know they know their fans are gonna do it. But I are gonna beat so I'm gonna take the under. But I think they go nine to eight. Philadelphia Eagles. They were eleven and six last year, won the division.
Speaker 2: They are what do you think?
Speaker 1: I mean, you lose Aj Brown, you still got Hurts. Feels like they took a major step back last year. But I also think people have given up on them a little quickly.
Speaker 2: I'm not I have them falling behind the Cowboys, but I'm not throwing them aside and giving up. Their offense just completely disappeared after being one of the best offenses in the NFL. They did not finish the strong, finish the season strong at all. You can look at it one side and say, maybe AJ Brown was, you know, the sideline antics and maybe having a little few with Jailen Hurts kind of derailed everything. I think they're gonna end up filling a j Brown lost more than it's gonna help them, even though his numbers dipped a little bit.
Speaker 1: Tough start to the year, by the way for them. They go Washington, then Tennessee, but then they have Bears, Rams, Jags, Panthers, Cowboys Commanders again. I mean, like, you know you're gonna know about this team, right out of the gate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they got to replace Brown, and they drafted the guy from USC believe Leman to replace him. Now, if he shows up right away and is awesome, maybe that offense get back and gets back to for him. But I think they take a little bit of a dip.
Speaker 1: You do worry about the receiver position on this team. We'll see what they what they end up having. Defensively, you know they're gonna be great. I mean, they just.
Speaker 2: Keep still taking advantage of these draft picks that she has gotten.
Speaker 1: They just keep adding guys and so one of the things I like about their team is if you get any offense at all, just even a minor upgrade, they're gonna be really good. They're gonna be in every game. I still like them to win the division again. Although they do play a first first play schedule includes games against the Seahawks. You gotta play the Bears, But because the Bears sort of pulled off an upset last year, and because the Seahawks may take a step back, I actually don't think the first play schedule is as bad as it normally would be.
Speaker 2: That and eventually I don't think it'll be soon, but eventually the Saquon Decline's gonna start. I mean the Giants thought that had already happened a few years ago, and then we saw what happened in Philly two seasons ago. But also a lot of a route on what version of Saquon and if he plays the whole.
Speaker 1: Year, what's the over under for them?
Speaker 2: Do you have that?
Speaker 3: Not in front of me? Actually, but I can look it up.
Speaker 1: On't you look it up there? You know that is part of your role.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, they got everybody's best shot last year as the defending title, so maybe.
Speaker 2: They did, and I think that they had a microscope on them because they were coming off the title. Then I think won't be on there as much this year, I think not quite.
Speaker 1: Frankly, the Cowboys are to get a lot of that attention, so you know, maybe that makes it a little bit better. What's interesting, though, is that you haven't got a coach who won the Super Bowl two years ago that if he doesn't have a good year this year, you might get fired, which is absolutely crazy. But it feels like the Eagles fans have never really.
Speaker 2: Warmed to him. Yeah, I know, he's got a ring on his finger and it doesn't feel like a fan favorite. Usually when you're at a place and you win a ring, that buys you a decade, No if you need it.
Speaker 1: If he has a bad year this year, he's gone.
Speaker 2: And after Hurts won the championship, you know they're doing the Jordan commercial and like, is this a future MVP of the league and is this one of the best quarterbacks that they're gonna step up? And now if you look at like preseason rankings, he's not a top ten quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: Get out? Which is that?
Speaker 2: It's wild to me Eagles fan? Philadelphia? What is it that makes that place so negative? Why do they get so angry they do? Why what Lebron I want to go there?
Speaker 1: I mean every they're so angry about everything, every sport film. It's not that the team, the Philolphia Flyers had like one of their best years ever and and you know people are like, well, I'll fire the coach. I mean, you just had a good coach, like you first, you were good for the first time.
Speaker 2: Why I don't know why they're like that. They're not like that for Villanova who cracked their bill. It's all that cheese whizz they're eating. It's so sad, which is it's all the cheese whist ten and a half. Oh, I was gonna say ten and seven, So I guess I'm under there.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what she had the Cowboys, So you're you know, twelve, twelve and five. Man, your Vegas is good at setting these lines.
Speaker 2: Have you noticed that it seems like they do this. I'm gonna go eleven, so I'm gonna take the over for them.
Speaker 1: But again, within a half half a game, there's gonna be a mass a team in both the NFC and the AFC that takes a huge step back. The Eagles are a common pick for that. You're going not so you don't think a huge step back.
Speaker 2: I'm going to Well, I think Cowboys and Eagles both sweep the other two teams.
Speaker 1: So do you have who do you have taking a huge step back? Usually there's at least one in the in the NFC that will take a step back.
Speaker 2: I have a few that I think played above their level. They weren't huge. Continuing to say the Bears though, aren't you No, No, I still like the Bears. I have a few teams like the Bucks I think have a big fall ahead of it. Now. I think the top the Cream is still at the top. But I think some teams that I.
Speaker 1: Think year for a day, the Seahawks have a big I think the Seahawks take a step back.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Do you watch Hard Knocks? No?
Speaker 1: Is it first episode out?
Speaker 2: Came out last? What made it good? I kind of did the Twitter recap where I feel like I saw all of it in little clips. But I fall for Hard Knocks. I love it like the Jets were on it. I'm like, yeah, Jets are going undefeated. It gets me every time. So it's out the first episode. That and ted Lasso out the same night. How rude ted Lasso came out last? First episode?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know that first episode he Co, which is a woman's soccer team in Kansas City, which.
Speaker 2: I'm worried they're gonna they're gonna take to the last What do you mean, which shows just go on too long? You think you're gonna bring in like cousin Oliver. Yeah, it's just they're just gonna keep coming up with storyline the color. Yeah, so the best shows that you just cut it off? Yeah, which shows? Okay, see obviously they call that to jump the shark moment, gos do the moment.
Speaker 1: A couple of shows jumped the shark. When was the office over.
Speaker 2: When Michael left? Well, that's an easy one.
Speaker 1: But I still think there were decent episodes for a little while. I think when James Spader what was his name something, California.
Speaker 3: Don't remember, do you remember that?
Speaker 2: I've done a rewatch, so I didn't really live in real time where I could fill the decline. I just binged them on. You didn't feel the decline when Michael Scott left, not really.
Speaker 1: I mean they had that period where there would be the guys there for like a couple of weeks, and I thought that was okay. But then they went I think, didn't they go with Spader for a little while? Was the name Robert California or is that his name? That's when I thought. And even though I love ed Helms, there came a point that he was too much, too much at Helms. They had too much Ed Helms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of shows have gone on long, too far. I mean that one has become a classic as it's gone on, But like, do you think The Simpsons has had that moment or is it just like they'll be doing it seventy years from now? I could see that lasting. It's like when you have a show has one good storyline and they wrap it up, then they're like, oh, I'm making money, Like well they don't age either, yeah, and they're you know, they keep up. Like I'm thinking the Walking Dead there wasn't a moment, but it should have ended it like five seasons and now there's thirty. That's like it's like, all right, can we ever just solve the zombie? Probably just keeps going.
Speaker 1: But there're shows that never did that, like The Sopranos never did it. I don't think The Wire ever did it. Breaking Bad never did it. Seinfeld, do you think it had a moment? It got a little weird in the last year. I remember like when Kramer was hitting golf balls into Wales. But then at the end, we you know, they had a very famous final season with them sitting in the prison cell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are more sitcom and I'm thinking, like Homeland season one, amazing, she just ended it, and then it gets into.
Speaker 1: Just it should have just absolutely somehow, like Ted Last Thrones had a moment like that. Yeah, they're following the books. It got worse with time, but it's almost like when you have a good two or three seasons and they can't.
Speaker 2: We're making money.
Speaker 1: This is the NFC preview. Why do we talk about Hard Last Ted last O? See, okay, gotcha? The Hard Knocks, It's Tom was.
Speaker 3: Dexter another one that went on a little too long.
Speaker 2: I mean how many I never watched that show, but how many people could this man kill?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 2: Can we spoil it? He himself? Oh yeah, yeah, I don't know how twenty years he died and then like, well, we need to bring him back and make more money. So just bring him back. And we was just pretend he didn't die, and you're like, you're watching it, I'm pretty stre he dies. He died in the last episode. Yeah, but then they wanted a new Sea ruin the series. It's been out long enough. Yeah, all right with that?
Speaker 1: The Washington Commanders five and twelve last year third in the NFC's missed the playoffs. You get Jade and Daniels back. So the question is is Jaden Daniels going to be what he was two years ago? If he is, then the NFC East looks like it could be loaded. If it's. If he's not, then you have the scenario you were talking about where you could sweep those teams.
Speaker 2: Which one do you think it is. I don't think they take much of a step forward. They had a lot of injuries last year. Maybe you're a little healthier like McLaurin missed half the year, I think, But Jade Daniels, he had several injuries. Uh, I don't see them doing much better than well, you said five wins last year. I'll give him six. I think it's going to be a big gap between Eagles, Cowboys, and Commanders.
Speaker 3: Seven and a half.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a definite under for me. I mean they have wasn't that the worst defense in the league last year? It was the Er So, I mean, you can't imagine it gets that much better. Daniels has not a ton of weapons. We may just look at that one year. It is just a complete flu scout high. He got set back pretty bad with injuries last year. He himself had two or three different ones than your top receivers out for most of the year. But I just don't see him recovering and taking a big step For all the year they won all those games, they were very close a lot of them, you know, I mean, they had some crazy pull out wins at the end.
Speaker 2: A little bit of a surprise facture from him too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I find Washington to be a hard team to care about. Crazy because when.
Speaker 2: I was a kid.
Speaker 1: When I was a kid, Washington was one of the marquee franchises. Like a Washington down game. You stop the presses, which in and of itself is a day phrase. Actually stopped the presses with the yes no they did that used to mean something, Mario, do you know what that means? Stop the presses? So again he's well, they had newspaper presses where they would do the newspapers and if a big story came out, they need to change the newspaper. They would go stop the presses and then would go.
Speaker 2: Unplug it. Unplug it. Then you'd have to redo it. He's looking at me like, I'm now, you just edit your blog and then you're on Twitter.
Speaker 1: You're looking at me like, uh, like if somebody was trying to tell me about steamships or have you ever held a newspaper? Yeah, yes, that's how he packs when he moves from place to place. So we all were all taking the.
Speaker 2: Under under there for me, all right.
Speaker 1: Finally, the Giants Jackson Dark You've got second year for Jackson Dart. He's been making the rounds. Hollywood reporter said he was one of the twenty five talents in entertainment under twenty five, which I don't really consider him to be an entertainment. Does he take a big step up for year two? They lost Sexy Dexy to the Bengals. You know they had Harball that was excited about. But did you watch Harball's cringey speech about we're the New York fo All Giants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, again, nothing planned, but I know he's a great coach and that was a good hire. But I don't think he turns him around. In your one, I think they finished fourth in the standing.
Speaker 1: And ask you why Billy produced like a little mini preview force which was very nice. And you wrote Harball's first season is expected to be a thud and you put thud in quotation marks. Did you mean dud h.
Speaker 3: Well, thud dud. I think it kind of has the same message.
Speaker 2: Like hit, but it would mean like it hit with a thud.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is just kind of what I've seen around the league, what they've been saying. What do they say it's gonna be a thud? Of a season for the Giants.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen that language used anywhere else.
Speaker 3: I'll stop the press put that in the.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I mean you think John Harbaugh?
Speaker 1: Second?
Speaker 2: Stop.
Speaker 1: You know some coaches continue the run, some drop off you have Mike McCarthy was a drop off Andy Reid though just as good better which one is John Harbaugh?
Speaker 2: He's still a good coach. I just I don't believe you know, Cam's had another year with money and he's probably gone out and done. God knows what he and Dart both got. I mean, they've earned their attention their rookie year. I think they got a little caught up in the celebrity. Well, there's gonna be a big fud coming for them.
Speaker 1: I mean, one thing to take up for scatter boat boot Scataboo scat of bow Boo Scataboo is that his shelf life is very whow like, he's got like three years left in him. And then I mean he remember Peyton Hillis, Oh yeah, he was on the cover of Madden. Scab will be in the UFC in four years? Yeah, where's Jackson? Dart is handsome New York. He's gonna be in our lives for a long time.
Speaker 2: See, I think he's gotten too caught up and I'm handsome. I'm in New York, los He thinks he's too handsome. He's like, where's where's the met Gala this year? I think it's at every place the same year.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: He's looking. He's trying to get into, you know, all the restaurants and who got too caught up in that rookie years success. You know, hopefully milnk Neighbors comes back healthy.
Speaker 3: But OBJ is back with the Giants.
Speaker 2: I mean I was looking here.
Speaker 1: They brought in, uh, they brought in some receivers, a tight end. You've got Calvin Austin, Isaiah live Likely. I mean they're trying, but they won four last year more more or less this year.
Speaker 2: So they're running back before. No, they're pretty beat up. Us jugging five.
Speaker 3: What's the over under seven and a half?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: They they mean, look at their schedule because warnings you have to look at here's the start of their season. Cowboys, Rams, Titans, Cardinals, Commanders, Saints, Texans, Eagles. I mean they that's not an easy start, right, I mean they don't play the really bad teams. They actually don't play a lot of really bad teams. Oh, I'm definitely taking an under. I didn't know they I would have thought it was six and a half. It's seven and a half.
Speaker 3: Seven and a half.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be all right, write that down. That is the Matt Jones first lock of the season win total.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm with you. Giants under you like that one? Yeah, I have. I'm two games under three.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we have our first lock. Put everything you got on that. By the way, I do think we're gonna do a fantasy team. Oh cool, So Paul has.
Speaker 2: Agreed to run it.
Speaker 1: All right, what Paul we're gonna do. But here's the thing. We're gonna do a live draft.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: It'll be scheduled for sometime in the last week of August. So if you would like to play, who, well, you're going you're about to get married, so we can't send it to you. I'll tell you what. Text Paul right now, ask for an email draft.
Speaker 2: Okay. All right, while we're.
Speaker 1: Doing this preview and before the show's over, I will give out the email dress if you want to play, but you will have to be available for the live draft.
Speaker 2: All right? Does that work? If you will we won this week. We'll figure it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ten or twelve is tell me what you want to go.
Speaker 1: Some people say fourteen.
Speaker 3: Fourteen's a little too much if you don't like working the waiver me.
Speaker 2: But I like the waiver wire.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a lot. Yeah, I don't think you want fourteen teams?
Speaker 2: I want?
Speaker 1: You don't tell me what I want?
Speaker 3: Fine, you're getting yourself into it.
Speaker 2: Do we not want fourteen? Do I want fourteen? Seems like a lot?
Speaker 1: Fine, we'll do twelve?
Speaker 3: Whiny bug going to try to get Calvin Austin on your team.
Speaker 1: If there will do twelve, three of them will be the three of us. Do we let Paul have a team all four? So we're picking eight teams? Okay, So, but you need to be able to come to the draft. Likely the draft will be sometime the last weekend of August, which is also when my part, so we may that might be that like that Sunday, August thirtieth, sometime that weekend.
Speaker 3: Okay, you want Standard scoring PPR.
Speaker 2: We have to decide today.
Speaker 3: I guess Paul will make this.
Speaker 1: Do we have I mean, we don't have to decide right now.
Speaker 2: Do we.
Speaker 3: I'm just gauging how excited you are for this league. I want it to be very in super flex two quarterbacks, I want to flex your face.
Speaker 1: I mean, were such your team name?
Speaker 2: What flex your face? Flex? Flex your face?
Speaker 1: No, I mean we're gonna have like all the bells and whist okay, might make it, uh, but we hopefully we set a group.
Speaker 2: Maybe we stay together for a few years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the that.
Speaker 1: So you gotta make your case. I want to have like a diverse group. If there's a woman that wants to play, that would be nice just for you know, and then so you so we're right, Paul's gonna give you an email address whenever whenever Drew gets it. Okay, yes, all right, good, all right, let's go to the NFC South Wide Open.
Speaker 2: All four teams. I think all four teams.
Speaker 3: Have a shot.
Speaker 2: I guess they have a shot. None of them finished above five hundred last year, So it's anyone's game.
Speaker 1: This is the division you follow the most because of your box. We'll let you go.
Speaker 2: Who are you going first?
Speaker 3: You know, the Panthers seem to be on an upward trajectory for sure.
Speaker 1: Last year three teams finished eight nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well Tampa lost nine of their last eleven games to lose to the division. So I really I don't know how to feel about Tampa this year. You know, we'll talk a lot about Baker Mayfield maybe later in the news in some comments he made. But it feels like Carolina is starting to take the torch.
Speaker 1: You're gonna take Carolina. Yeah, what's the over under on wins?
Speaker 3: Carolina's over under is right here in front of me, sitting at the number seven and a half.
Speaker 1: Okay, so who got the first play schedule because they all tied. Yeah, all right, seven and a half. I'm gonna take the over. I still believe in him. I mean, this is really the Bryce Young yes or no? Right, like, that's what this is. He We will decide yes or no on Bryce Young this year. Are you at yes or you at no?
Speaker 2: Well, tiptoe into yes category. I agree. You know he's coming up. He'll need an extension. They'll have to make a decision on if he's the future. They'll probably go back to the draft. Part of it is just because he was so nice to us at the Super Bowl, one of the nicer people we interviewed. So I'm already on his team when we got behind the Panthers last year. So I'm gonna believe in him to at least lead them to a repeat division champion.
Speaker 3: You know, can they capture the magic of Carolina Mike again? Can they have a podcast?
Speaker 2: Okay, we need to talk about Carol Mi.
Speaker 1: So Carolina Mike love his song, love everything about it. You got to a second hit. I've heard him sing some version of that song one hundred and fifty times. I give him credit. He got to the ACC Tournament, he did wait for he did it at the Panthers game. But we got to get it. We there's gotta be a Tegon already. But there's got to be a second song in him, Like I you can't just keep going. You can't be like tag Team and you had womp, there it is and then womp, there's an Adams. So give us a second song, Carolina mic and I'll be I'll be proud of you.
Speaker 2: I think you can ride this in another four or five years. You just named all the places that got him already. Why why divert from what's working?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean he does it about everything. He'll be like, what is one hundred and fifty thousand. If I had one hundred and fifty thousand, I'd buy Dairy Queen. It's like, okay, it's pretty awesome.
Speaker 2: Got a great formula going. He was an accountant and then makes it probably still in the count. I don't think he's I would suggest he keep that job. I think he waits. And if they make the playoffs again, then you debut a new song for the Super Bowl run. You know I'm taking over. I'm taking over. So speaking of over, speak of the playoffs. They had the Rams beat last year in the first round as a huge They were like the biggest underdog in playoff history. And then we're leading them like a minute left. Remember the Rams had to come back to Scorts.
Speaker 1: People forget it.
Speaker 2: So they ended on a decent note for their standards.
Speaker 1: They opened the season. It's interesting to see the start of their season. They open their season with the Bears, then the Falcons and the Browns, so like, you know you can win those, But then they go Lions, Eagles, Bucks, Packers, Broncos. Tough stretch, tough stretch that Bears game. Though, if they could somehow win it there at home, you know it's it's possible.
Speaker 2: I don't know if the Bryce is ever going to be a top ten or even fifteen guy. Can he get to be as good as Baker?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good question. Who would you take Baker or Bryce Young this next season?
Speaker 1: This season, Yes, I'll take Baker. Yeah, but if you're asking me can Baker? Can Bryce become Baker? I don't see why I couldn't. I think he could become that good.
Speaker 2: His size will always be working against him. Yeah, but Baker's not the biggest dude in the world. Yeah. I went to a Panthers game in person, and it is truly unbelievable. How that's the size of starting quarterback when you see him. I mean we stood next to him in San Francisco. Not a big guy. That's never going to change.
Speaker 3: Remember the Panthers had Baker running defensive drills when he was at training camp with them. Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield Carolina Panthers before Bryce Young took over.
Speaker 2: That is an interesting state.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, let's go to your Tampa Bay Bucks. What do I need to know?
Speaker 3: Mike Evans is gone. It's sad, sad day. That's all I need to Well, I mean there's more than that.
Speaker 1: What about Baker?
Speaker 2: He wants a lot of money, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this was part of like the news I was going to do late, Let's do it right now. Yeah, So he is disrespected, Matt. He feels undervalued with the contract offer that Tampa gave him.
Speaker 2: Are they offered him like fifty million dollars? And what does he want? Well?
Speaker 3: He averages thirty three million per season right now in his current contract. He's thirty one years old. He was offered two year deal worth over one hundred million, but he felt that the guaranteed money was low and he wanted longer than two years. So old is he thirty one?
Speaker 1: See, that's the thing is in my mind he's older than that. But he's not. I mean, he's thirty one years old, So that's not like he's got on paper four to five more years of really productive football. But you don't think about it like that with him, at least I don't. Yeah, I don't know. I Mean the problem with Baker Mayfield is I don't think you can win a Super Bowl with Baker Mayfield. So I don't think you can pay him sixty five million dollars or whatever, because I think if you do, he's not at that level. At the same time, you're not gonna be able to get somebody better than him. So he's in that zone that just hurts you, where it's just good enough that you need him, but good enough that he can win it for you. And I think that's a terrible zone to be in, and I kind of think that's where he is.
Speaker 2: And his timeline last year was backwards. He was an MVP candidate for like six or seven weeks and then just throwing all kinds of interceptions towards the end of the year. And now we'll see how much how helpful was it having Mike Evans.
Speaker 1: So he didn't want the two years fifty million. He's going to play on the thirty three million and bet on himself.
Speaker 3: Which if we're finding one positive of this, I think he plays is better with a chip on his shoulder. And if he feels it's.
Speaker 1: Like seventeen million dollars, I mean he's getting he could get. He could get seventeen million dollars more than he has now for this year and then fifty next year. So it's a sixty seven million dollar gamble. Would you do that? If you were Baker? Do you think it will pay off? Do you think next year he will get a deal that will in the long run, because in order for it to be valuable, his deal next year is going to have to make up the seventy million he did not get, get at least fifty next year and then presumably go longer. I mean, do you think that would end up working out?
Speaker 2: I have my doubts. I kind of do too. He's lucky being in the NFC South. If you're gonna better on yourself, playing against the Panthers, Falcons and Saints right now is a decent path to get you enough wins and look good enough. But I still think his first year without Evans, I mean, they have a I don't know that off the top of my head, but they have a pretty big losing record when Mike Evans was out. I think it's just a lot to ask for him to make a jump that big and get paid well.
Speaker 3: He deserves it, if anybody does. I mean, he replaced you, Brady, I would, and there are over ten quarterbacks that make I believe that kind of money at the quarterback spot, so it wouldn't be unprecedented for him to get that.
Speaker 1: Okay, But isn't he about the tenth or eleventh quarterback?
Speaker 3: I would agree with that.
Speaker 1: So if there's over ten, I mean that's probably what they' should were on the line. Yeah, I mean I kind of think that's what he's worth. All Right, what's not Let's go with the Falcons eight and nine. We're gonna see what is this finally gonna be Michael Pinnock's junior. But we also have Tua one of the quarterback battles, probably two of the favorite.
Speaker 2: One would think, what a great spot for quarterback. We have Bjeon Robinson, Drake Lonon and okay, the highest paid running back, but I still don't think they have a quarterback. I don't think you go get to if you don't believe in Pinnick and always coming off an injury, they clearly don't believe in Pinnick.
Speaker 1: I don't believe in either one because two is also not a I mean, he's an injury concerned. So if you if you believe in Pinnicks, you want someone who's a stable backup to go get another guy like that means you don't believe any and you can't really believe in Tua. Tua and looked good in the last two seasons, so I just it's hard. But Bjeon Robinson's great. I mean, I could see the Falcons winning seven or eight again, but I don't see them being a lot better than that.
Speaker 2: If either of those guys who ever has the jobs just decent. I mean, you're loaded with playmakers, but I don't think I don't think they have a quarterback.
Speaker 1: Well we see a good two a year.
Speaker 2: Again, I'm afraid it's over part of it. He signed a big deal I think two years ago and had looked right since. Of course we all know the injury situation where he keeps getting his head rocked. So I think he's on a quick decline.
Speaker 1: You don't think they'll be a good two three years we'll have.
Speaker 2: We'll have to throw your eyes at that. Mario.
Speaker 1: I sat there, I came up with it, tried to think, Okay, how do you work it in.
Speaker 2: We'll have three good games that he plays in a season. But as far as him being a franchise quarterback, that's behind it. What's the overender for.
Speaker 3: The Atlanta Falcons, the team we're just talking about right.
Speaker 4: Now, that you don't have head coach over six and a half because I think they're going to be like right at that line, and they won what eight last year?
Speaker 1: I don't see any reason to think they'll be worse than they were last year. So yeah, give me the over, I'll go under.
Speaker 3: I'll go under.
Speaker 2: I'm a hater, all right, Let's go to the Saints. Tyler Shuck. You talk about a quarterback. He had a winning record for the Saints last year.
Speaker 1: And what's I I'm not even sure what.
Speaker 3: He looks like like.
Speaker 1: If Tyler Schuck walked in here, he'd have to have a shirt on that says shuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah for me, I would need his jersey on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I I there's no quarterback that I'm less aware of. I can't watch Saints games. I've talked about this. They make me sad. They need to have more lights.
Speaker 3: In the Dome.
Speaker 1: It's so dark in that stadium. It just feels like I'm watching like a game from nineteen eighty seven, and it just makes me.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's just I think it's really a lighting issue.
Speaker 3: What's he over under for the Saints? It's seven and a half, and remember they started two and ten last year, ended six and eleven. It was a heck of a run.
Speaker 2: So they're seven and a half and the Falcons are six and a half.
Speaker 3: That is the number. Yes, that's weird to me.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I think you can't go both over, so you're gonna go both under. Somebody's got to win these games in this division. Well, I'm believing in the Panthers.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna go under. I feel like they should have the same number, So I'm gonna go under.
Speaker 3: What about you, I'm gonna go over expecting a little bit of a drop off from my Bucks. I think they ended well and they'll they'll pleasure.
Speaker 1: You are believing in the Saints, not believing.
Speaker 2: In the Bucks?
Speaker 3: Yeah, unfortunately.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, there's your NFC East and NFC South. Next week we will do the rest of the NFC the West and my North. That will be without Billy, but Drew and I will be ready to roll with that.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So I guess now we gotta know what's happening in the world. Give me some news.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to gauge your guys's excitement level for the Hall of Fame game Thursday at eight. PA, can't Ohio, We've got our quarterback match up. It will be Kenny Pickett versus Carson Beck.
Speaker 2: Thank god.
Speaker 3: Actually, Gardner Minshew might play some time behind Carson Beck for the Arizona Cardinals. But the debut of Mike Lafleur for the Arizona Cardinals. We did get the news Jeremiah Love will not be playing in this game. The third overall, Oh.
Speaker 2: This is sad.
Speaker 1: So you're saying it's Caroline Arizona, Kenny pick It versus Carson Beck.
Speaker 2: Who plays for which team? Carson Back's future of Arizona. That's right, he's turning.
Speaker 1: Head Get out here, Jakobe Brissett. It's Carson Beck town. People are saying he's turning heads. Who are these people? People who had their heads turned?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: People, I mean cramp camp hasn't been going on that long. How many heads gonna be turning?
Speaker 2: Also, didn't he date a Cavender? He did?
Speaker 1: He went to Miami for cause. Wow, the Cavenders just keep coming up. Good publicity for them because I feel like they they had a shot to pass Alex Earle and then it didn't happen. Nowlex Earl has far out left them. I don't think we would have two Cavender references on our NFC.
Speaker 2: Mack is a guy who on papers should be an NFL quarterback, but it just never quite.
Speaker 1: Teams have had success, and yet no one gives him any credit for it. I mean, Miami got to what is the jeams him? Who did Indian? Yeah they be.
Speaker 3: Miami and the champion has a chance to throw the last pass of the college football season in the first pass of the NFL season.
Speaker 2: Look at that fun fact. That is a fun fact.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw that online. I can't take four.
Speaker 2: What a fun fact.
Speaker 1: But I mean Carson Beck is amazingly disrespected, right, I mean, Georgia one with him. He leaves, George is not as good, goes to Miami, they win, and yet I can.
Speaker 2: See why he would turn heads, especially if the competition is Jacoby Brissett.
Speaker 1: I like Jacoby Brissette too. Everywhere you know what Jacoby Brissett is, Like Penn Station. Can these other sandwiches that companies can come and go, but you know what you're getting at Penn Station. You walk in, Penn Station gives you solid value. That's Jacoby Brissett handcut fro us. Everybody else comes and goes. Jacoby's right there. I'm the thirty ninth best quarterback in the league, thirty three years old.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's a long career for Jacoby. Just cashing NFL checks good for him.
Speaker 3: And a reminder it's Panthers Cardinals because both teams have a player being inducted into the Hall of Fame this that weekend.
Speaker 2: So is this also?
Speaker 1: I can't remember that this is where they also picked When do they pick the Hall of Famers for next year at the Super Bowl? When when do they do that?
Speaker 3: I don't think they do that yet because.
Speaker 1: It's always a weird thing. They make them all go sit in a hotel or something, and then some of them get a knock and the rest of them get told to go home. Sounds like a dating game.
Speaker 2: But if you notice that, like they're all sitting in a hotel, and then it'll be like, I know, sure.
Speaker 3: They have the guy that does it. He's very famous.
Speaker 2: He is very famous. They just put him on in the hallway, and there's.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's a different sport, one of these sports. They put them all in a hotel and then some of them get a knock and the others just get told to go home.
Speaker 3: I've seen him at home in the NFL one. So I'm not sure the.
Speaker 2: NFL is big on doing surprises. I have like a former teammate like Jimmy Johnson. Okay, so it must be a different I know I have seen a sporting maybe love is blonde, love his mind. They have a sport where they fly every buddy out and everyone sits in a hotel room and some people get an aug the other people get told see you next year. That's that mister Beast Beast game show.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Larry Fitzgerald, Luke Keikley, Drew Brees, Audavititarry and Roger Craig are the five guys getting enshrined weekend, Big Game.
Speaker 2: Big after saving the Super Bowl rematch for Week one. But this is a good teaser for week one preseason.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 3: Let's talk a little money. We talked about Falcons running back Bejon Robinson signing a three year, seventy five million dollar contract extension, making him the highest paid running back in NFL history, with a record fifty one million dollars guaranteed. But this shows you how devalued the running back position is. Ravens wide receivers A Flowers got a four year one hundred and forty million dollars contract extension with one hundred and eight million guaranteed. His thirty five million per year makes him the fourth highest paid receiver in the NFL right now, So.
Speaker 1: Part of me wonders if we've gone too far in the other direction, where the running back position was so overvalued that now it's undervalue. And I think the be Jean Robinson contract showcases that they'd gotten the point that people were just like, well, you can have anybody, and I don't think that's true. I think there are five or six guys that are just better than everybody else, and you know, think about it. You get the ball more, right, he catches the ball too, he's both, so I it's high. But when your quarterbacks are too, and Michael Pennix, then I'm okay with it. I don't think you could pay that kind of money to Patrick Mahomes running back, right, that wouldn't work. But on that team, I think it makes some sense. And say Flowers contract to me a lot crazier because I just don't see him as one hundred and forty million dollar receiver.
Speaker 2: But you know, Bijean, I understood he had almost twenty five hundred yards.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of money. I mean, that's a lot of money to pay a running back. Like the league had gone away from that, and I think Saquon Barkley and Derek Henry like kind of convinced him, Okay, you can still do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's still really young. He's only been in the league two or three years. I like that. When the Zave Flowers one, I couldn't believe he's now the fourth highest paid receiver. He's never had more than five touchdowns in a season. I know that because last year I bet him on anytime touchdown almost every week, and I'm like, can this guy not get in the end zone? But he got his bag, he did get his back. But would you call him the fourth best receiver in the NFL?
Speaker 1: No, not at all. Yeah, So that one isn't overpay Bijon. Probably a slight overpay, but considering the team and the circumstance, actually think it's it makes some sense.
Speaker 2: What's next? All right?
Speaker 3: What's next is that JJ Watt has been tapped to replace Romo in the CBS booth alongside Jim Nance and Tracy Wolfson. After twelve seasons in the NFL, JJ recently took over for Charles Davis along said Iron Eagle as the second broadcast team for CBS, but it was announced that Tony would be taking a leave or was placed on leave until further notice by CBS after the actions of this past week.
Speaker 2: JJ was great right away. Like Brady and even Romo, they need a little time meet their footing under him. I oddly, I feel like he had it even though he was number two team. I feel like that he and Iro and Eagle were on a lot of Titans games, so I heard those two a lot last year, and he was just good from the minute he started. So I think Tony's in trouble here for that having that number one spot Tojy's not given that up because he's too good.
Speaker 1: And what's interesting is you have this scenario where I actually think Tom Brady has improved a lot.
Speaker 2: Right, what's the name.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about a couple of quarterbacks here. Titans quarterback Will Levis had some interesting words in the media recent I Will he said he is one hundred percent a starting quarterback in the NFL. Quote, there are not thirty two quarterbacks in this league better than me. I know. I've put the tape out there already and that I'm a dang good quarterback in.
Speaker 2: The dang good Do you think you gotta believe that if you're him, right, you don't want to be like, there are forty nine quarterbacks better than me. I'm fifty.
Speaker 1: You gotta say I'm one of the best thirty two, And I don't think that's I don't know if he is. I think he probably isn't, but I don't think that's a crazy thing to say that, Like he could be.
Speaker 2: Maybe, well, you could put him I'm not ready to say he's top thirty two, but you could put him in the room with Jacoby Brissette and Carson Beck and he could win that job. He could win it over two in Pinnix. Well, I'm just saying those guys' Chador and DeShawn. Yeah, there's certain qv rooms he would fight for a job in. I don't know that he would win it.
Speaker 1: Cam Wharton may end up getting hurt at some point and Will Levis will play and he'll get a chance to show it. People don't like guys who haven't done anything who talk, especially when he did play and it didn't go great.
Speaker 2: I maintaining the operation around him, No one would have succeeded on that team that.
Speaker 1: You're he'll get a chance. I mean he's on the Titans this year. He's gonna get a chance. And if it doesn't work out there, he'll get another chance. I mean, guys that get picked at that level, someone will give them a shot. So if he is one of the best thirty two. But it is kind of a cringey like, but he's our guy. He's a Kentucky dude.
Speaker 2: Will he be a starter in the NFL again, Aleen Know, even though I think a team would be smart to had him, to let him compete be a full time starter, I'll still say no. But I think I think he's much better than he gets credit for.
Speaker 1: You know what, I think his peak career could look like Jacoby Brissett. You know somebody like that who's like always like the second string guy, but if you need him to play, he can play. I think will if he can reach his max potential, that could be what he is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're quarterbacks all over the league who have to come in and play because of injuries or other circumstances where I'd have him way above them as a second Q be Marcus Mariota played a bunch of games last year for the Commanders. I'd really have Levis in my in my room. That a lot of guys already out there another quarterback? Are you guys out on? Justin Herbert after.
Speaker 3: What was seen at training camp the other day with his fiance Madison.
Speaker 1: Beer, I saw the gut engaged. What did he do at training camp?
Speaker 3: Well, during the family period of the training camp, they were sitting criss cross apple sauce on the field as Madison fondled his hair.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm for it. I love having my hair fondled. No, I mean, like that's one of the better feelings in life, Like if if somebody puts their hand like through the edges, because.
Speaker 2: But dark like sit on the side. You have a lot of like censors.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no.
Speaker 1: Like like where your hairline is, like like right here, like is one of the best.
Speaker 2: Like you're more.
Speaker 1: Sensitive around your hairline than almost anywhere. So when someone like rubs you like that, m m oh yeah. But you know what, they're both good looking, they're engaged. I'm gonna take up for the hair rub.
Speaker 3: I need a clip of that hair rub part Mario and make sure we get that on social.
Speaker 2: Just like I could see Jay Daniels doing this with his mom in Washington.
Speaker 3: One final news note, we touched on it a little bit. Hard Knocks started its twenty seventh season this week. It's the first episode of five with the defending Super Bowl champs. It's the first time they've done that, the Seattle Seahawks. Some highlights from the first episode. Sam Darnell dropped his Super Bowl ring from the box to start the show. You also had a lot of dropped it like he dropped the ring when he got it on the ground.
Speaker 2: That's a hot light.
Speaker 3: A lot of cussing. Running backs coach Thomas Hammock takes the mature rating on the HBO show. But it is Mike McDonald's third season with the Seattle Seahawks and he's been the star of the show.
Speaker 1: I love this show. The best moments in the history of Hard Knocks. Here's just a couple come to my mind. When that one rookie made fun of Shane Shandon show yeah imperson.
Speaker 2: And he was like, yeah, I like that one.
Speaker 1: Dan Campbell giving them Metallica speech, uhh. When you look into the soul of the Byss, the abyss looks into you.
Speaker 2: Really, the whole Ravens one was great that year with all those guys. What else am I missing? There were?
Speaker 1: There were the other guy and the cowboys that sang.
Speaker 2: Always liked when they either have to do the sing or I'm the guy who thought he was a really good singer and like he was trying like they he was like trying to get his music career going. I like the when they have to say they're signing bonus because like the quarterback, you know, the whole crowd goes crazy for them. Yeah, there's a one year and I don't want to say Antonio COMARTI couldn't name his kids, but I remember that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those are all good. I'm trying to think there are I know there are others.
Speaker 3: Vince Wilfork's overalls.
Speaker 1: I do you remember Miss swell Fork's overalls?
Speaker 2: That's right?
Speaker 1: Was that also when Rex Ryan noted his foot fetish was on Hard Knocks or he joked about it.
Speaker 3: I don't know the origin of the That's.
Speaker 1: Also when I learned of Rex Ryan's brother was on one of those shows.
Speaker 2: But Jetsman was really funny that a bunch of personalities like Quinn Williams was great on there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's a great show. I can't ever get.
Speaker 2: Into the end season one for whatever reason. I mean, but I've also there's so many people have copycated now and they're good. But like I'm watching that Quarterbacks on Netflix. Yeah, but I'm just saying, there's so many of spawn from that, it's hard to keep up with all of them.
Speaker 1: I'm a one. I'm I'm loyal to my woman of Hard Knocks. I think it's the best. I love the music.
Speaker 2: If they were to ever change that, just cancel. This is the one guy still narrating Liz Shrever. I saw him on the street once in New York. He was hosting Satay out Live that week and I saw him and I so wanted to just I was like, I should go talk to you, And then I wrote, what am I gonna say?
Speaker 1: Hard Knocks because like, to me, that's what he is.
Speaker 2: Like what else he's been and some show where he's like Reacher or Ray Donovan Ray Donovan. Yeah, he's been in big stuff. But you know, people admire most for Hard Knocks. I just love his voice and the.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that one year Paul Rudd was the narrator just didn't hit the same.
Speaker 2: I don't remember that. Well, you gotta get the shriver driver anyway. Uh.
Speaker 1: Well, Billy who's on here is getting married. Yes, congratulations on Saturday. Uh send your cover zero gifts. I've already gotten the fish batchela, so don't worry. Uh you can't. You don't have to get that.
Speaker 3: And Tate Rattler's jersey would be coming for my gift in.
Speaker 2: The bottle of wine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of stuff still coming. Yea mail slow nowadays. I don't know why that is. But congratulates, Thank you, And if you would like, do we have an email address for the show?
Speaker 3: I texted him to it. I didn't get one.
Speaker 1: Oh it next week. By next week we'll have it. So be preparing to If you would like to be in the Fantasy Football League again, you have to show up at the draft in Kentucky. And honestly, the farther away you are if you commit to coming, the more likely we are to put you in it. Like if you're like getting Buffalo, I don't know why you would do this until Ron get in here. Yeah, we'd be got Carolina, Mike.
Speaker 2: We should have just had a celebrity could have gotten the brown spider Carolana Mike, Well, I would do it.
Speaker 1: Now we're doing a lot. I've always wanted to do a live draft. I've never done a live draft. That's That's kind of partially.
Speaker 3: Why I'll be over it by round five. I'm sure.
Speaker 2: Don't tell me what I'll do.
Speaker 1: Wow, it does take speaking of it, sudn't take a while if you do it right, strict time enforcement.
Speaker 2: All right, let's see you like.
Speaker 1: NFL Cover zero with Matt Jones and Drew Frank Glenn is a production of the NFL and iHeart Podcasts. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.