Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome one and all to this afternoon edition of Trended Paltrows Ski Crash Musical. Because that thing about Gwyneth Paltrow and the ski that's a musical. Now, that is one of the things spending. We will get to that, but that doesn't excuse the fact that I have not introduced myself and my co host. I am Miles and that is Brian. Hello, Brian. Okay, uh, you doing okay?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm doing great. It's it's nice and stormy and gloomy and spooky outside. Okay, like it?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, we were on the same coast. We got a bit of a bit of the spooky waters tonight. Look good time to bundle up, you know, put a gas log on.
Speaker 2: Nice big tartan poncho on.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow, that looks crazy.
Speaker 2: Like Irish Mexican or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That is a combination of fabrics and styles. But yeah, well you've threaded the needle culturally with that garment. Let's tell the people what's trending today. Up first, Gwyneth Paltrow. It's called Gwyneth ghost skiing. You said, what the fuck is that? Well, this December in London Town in Jolly Old England. You can see the debut of a new stage musical which is all about that Gwyneth Paltrow trial about when she slammed into the optometrist who couldn't enjoy wine anymore. Remember, he was so fucked up from that collision that he no longer could could be enjoying the wine like he used to. Life just isn't the same. But yeah, it's done by the same people, this group Awkward Productions that sounds about right, who describe themselves as quote harbingers of queer chaos. H And it will seemingly involve some audience participation by making audience members the jury in the trial. These are the same people that did the Diana the Untold and untrue story that one reviewer called, quote the most unhinged piece of theater in existence.
Speaker 2: That actually sounds kind of appealing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, that's that. That that sounds about right. I just wish, like I just don't care about Gwyneth Paltrow, But I guess you can make it work because it is so absurd. I do like the audience participation aspect, Like, you know, you can maybe have fun with that if you're getting like super lit in the fucking theater.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, love improv, love improv from untrained.
Speaker 1: Love improv from drunk people from the audience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: Did you ever see Point Break live in.
Speaker 2: La Actually yeah yeah, yeah, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: Like the one time you can drag someone up from the crowd and it works, because.
Speaker 2: That was huge, Yeah, for you know, a small theater thing.
Speaker 1: Exactly if people don't know, there's like this show where like they would they would do Point Break, basically act out the entire movie Point Break, but someone from the audience would be pulled up to be Johnny Utah and the whole thing was like, yeah, they can't have chops like we just like you're Johnny Utah tonight. So maybe they but this is probably not gonna be that. But hey, what we need is the fucking musical about the fucking the boat brawl in Alabama.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could definitely. He definitely built that story out a little bit.
Speaker 1: This man, it has all kinds of layers to it. Man, white supremacy.
Speaker 2: That could be a beautiful ballet.
Speaker 1: Actually, wow, oh, you don't want to go lowbrow with it. You want it to be like someone's seminal work. Love modern dance. Oh yeah, which, by the way, the charges are I'm pretty sure the black man who was defending himself got charged with assault while some of the white defendants skated.
Speaker 2: I think, Yeah, it sounds about on brand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds about on brand for this place we call America. The next thing that's trending, there's a new Spider Man adjacent film. I guess it is what we're calling it because it's a Sony Lade Spider Man. It's called Madam Web So, No, what the fuck is it called Madam Web? Yeah, that was right, Madam Web. I'd look, I'm struggling, but Madame webso's wax web Museum. But yeah, cause Sony, like this is a Sony movie, and they're trying to make Spider Man movies without the Spider Man, as we saw with Venom and obviously the fantastic Morvious. Because it is Morbon time in this house, we do believe that it is Morben time. It is Morbon time. But this one stars Dakota Johnson as the titular Madam Webb, who's a paramedic who can see into the future after having a near death experience. And then there's like a trio of these young women, including Sidney Sweeney, who are all being terrorized by this dude that I'm like, yo, that's Spider Man's Like, no, no, no, that's not Spider Man's that's an evil guy. That's Ezekiel Simms pretending to it being evil Spider Man. I don't know enough about the lore to fully wrap my head around this, but it turns out like the the three younger people that he's trying to go after are all people that are destined to become Spider people of their own in the future. This is them, that's ps for them, pre Spider I guess I think it's like Terminator, where it's like, you know, this dude came in to try and eliminate John Connor or some shit, trying to get these Spider people before they get it popping.
Speaker 2: The impression I get from the trailer is that this is another and a long line of not necessarily time travel movies, but like time loop movies. Alla, your Ground Hugs Days, your Edge of Tomorrow, Yeah, your source code, all that stuff, and yeah, they're pulling from a lot of influences and it just it kind of just feels like a product looking for an audience. Yeah, if that makes sense, it doesn't feel very organic.
Speaker 1: They're like, it's fifty shades of gray mixed with Sydney Sweeney. Uh we got this Billie Eilish track Spider Man adjacent lore? Is that enough folks? Well that give buy a ticket? I don't know the aesthetically too, it looks Lily's dated, like like as filmmaking, it just feels as one critic.
Speaker 2: Who working on this, how long is it sitting on the shelf?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they said, someone described as a run of the mill two thousands thriller is what it reminded them of. But hey, there you go. Okay, next up the Supreme Court. You know, they've they've put out a new code of ethics obviously because Clarence Thomas and Samuel Alito just many like even everybody, even Soda mayor there are people who are like, y'all are kind of making a lot of money off of this. This is this the most appropriate thing when you are sitting on the highest court of the land.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: So they're like, hey, we need a code of ethics to maybe try and dampen those stories or or fix the reputation of the court. And it turns out like it does fuck all. Like basically it just codifies the rules that existed now into this code of ethics that Clarence Thomas was following when he did all that shit. Anyway, so it's like very toothless. Like even in the beginning of the document about this new code of ethics, it states that quote, for the most part, these rules and principles are not new. Who wrote this, This is coming from the court.
Speaker 2: Okay, so they let the Supreme Court right their own. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I want to go home.
Speaker 1: And then here's the other cool part. You know how like a lot of times you'll be like, like a local judge can be disbarred and shit or whatever, unseated or impeached or whatever, like for you know, egregious conflicts of interest kind of thing. It's because like those rules actually have teeth, like they're enforceable with a lower court. The thing that they get into this philosophical conundrum with the Supreme Court. They're like, but like there's no higher court to appeal to than us, So what's so I guess it is what it is, Like it's so bad, it's so it's it's it's nonsense. Yeah, but hey, they can make their own rules.
Speaker 2: Now, Hey, it's a great country. Great country.
Speaker 1: I mean, like we have people taking millions in gifts, like shady property deals, lavish vacations, and they're like, well, my company like directly didn't have any business in front of the court. It's like, but your industries do. And that's that's where your influence. That's how you you turn that influence into you know, tangible results for your industry or business.
Speaker 2: Look, look, folks, this isn't going to stop until you run up in their houses. That's the long and short of it.
Speaker 1: Run up, get done up. Yeah, that's what they'll say.
Speaker 2: I just haven't put it plainly like.
Speaker 1: I mean, like, you know, for think about how like how terrified they were when people were actually going outside of Supreme Court justices houses, like they were getting the protections we had never seen.
Speaker 2: But imagine how shift they'll be when it's like ten thousand people pulling up to their house and not for a party.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think that's where I think that's why they want to begin to help, you know, enact more laws that make it much more difficult for people to like gather protest, et cetera. Because those are the kinds of those are the kinds of cases that these sort of conservative, wealthy activist types want to get to their to their supreme country.
Speaker 4: This is oh yeah, yeah, for sure, this shit is trash, But this is the way this is. This is the mechanisms in which we see it all come together. They just they hang out at their weird little theme parks with Hitler statues and figure out how to just.
Speaker 2: Non in international waters and shit.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, exactly, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back after this. And we're back, and I know you're like, because this is what kind of country this is? You were saying that in relation to how there's really there's no justice just us, as many people will say, or D'Angelo and Devil's pie, ash to ashes, dust to dust, But we're truly also just we're a really uninformed and not smart group of people in the United States. Unfortunately, there was this viral thing that went off. It's like video where this woman was talking about how she went to Alaska and she was absolutely gobsmacked, surprised, her wig flew when she found out that Alaska is not an island and is actually part of the North American land mass that you could drive to on land.
Speaker 2: Miss in the right time of year, you can drive to Russia. Wait.
Speaker 1: So she finds that it's wild because like Canadian people were looking at them like, are y'all for fucking real? Uh, because they they obviously share a border with Alaska. But like other people Americans in the comments are saying, they're like, oh shit, did I thought that? Shit too? It's not an island because like on a map, it's an island, and you're like, that's not what that means. God, please go a fucking island.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, And in rand McNally hamburgers eat people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, right, right right, it's like, but it's always in the lower left, like next to Hawaii. I thought it was next to Hawaii. Yeah. Yeah, this place that has that gets all kinds of snow that we know is one of the coldest places in America. Is it's right next to Hawaii because it's on the because it's not part of the contiguous United States.
Speaker 2: It's just wait until they find out what the fuck a mercader projection is and that the sizes of countries are not what you think that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for real, Wait, till they hear about the annexation of these places to Actually, they probably wouldn't care.
Speaker 2: They'd be like, boy, yeah, how we got these fucking places? Yeah yeah, far flung.
Speaker 1: Never mind, never mind, never mind, never mind, never mind, never mind. We didn't We didn't kidnap anyone and be like, oh, you want your queen to come up off these lands real quick anyway. So that's that was just so wild, Like I couldn't like it was. It's hard to hear when other people were like, put on a map, it's an island, and you're we're like Jesus.
Speaker 2: It's it's the kind of stupid where you have to as a normal person, you have to take it second and recalibrate your whole brain to be on that level of like, wait, what do you even Oh you mean you mean the thing on them?
Speaker 1: Oh so you're oh so you're all the way not smart. Okay, okay, like holy shit. Yeah, it's a little sad, sad, as a Donald Trump would put it. And then lastly, let's check in with some really really cool American people. Let's start off, because like there's all kinds of hearings happening right now. One of the big ones to touch on. Obviously, yesterday we were talking about Senator Mark Wayne Mullen, uh talking, you know, how he wanted to fucking throw hands in the Senate. He was on Sean Hannity's show, and you know kinda defended what he said or tried to explain. He was definitely on a very sympathetic, friendly show to be able to do this. But here, let's just take a quick look at what Mark Wayne Mullen was thinking when he decided that, you know what, maybe I will fucking try and fight Sean O'Brien to the Teamsters union.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 6: I think any other response kind of would have been a little gutless.
Speaker 1: But you know, I would agree with that.
Speaker 5: I mean, what don't people want me to do? If I didn't do that, people in Oklahm would be pretty upset at me. That's not how we raised I supposed to represent Oklahoma values.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, maybe actually do things that like are tangible benefits for your constituency.
Speaker 2: They're both like lame white dudes doing MMA, and.
Speaker 1: I know they both do mma.
Speaker 2: Do MMA. They were probably chopping it up, putting each other in choke holds and ship before the vapor.
Speaker 1: They're like, yo, what baby? Oh yeah, dude, watch this, dude, you do the gee choke show them. I just do the geecho, just use the gee to choke.
Speaker 2: They just they're just blowing clouds, chopping it up.
Speaker 1: The best is then they go on like to brow down on like the art of toxic masculinity and violence is this next part where he's like, what the heck happened to this country?
Speaker 6: When I grew up, it was a little bit of a different time when me and my friends, when we played football, when we played basketball, I played hockey. You know, I don't think there was a single day that we were playing sports where we didn't drop the gloves or you know, have a brief interlude of you know, throwing fists and it all be over. You pick up and you start playing again. You know, when all of a sudden did we become that woke? That the thought of two people, uh one responding to a threat directly saying, Okay, you threatened me, here's your opportunity take me.
Speaker 1: Up on him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, it's political correctness. It's it's all of a sudden, you got to worry about somebody's feelings. But all by the way, the left can say whatever they want.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's so I love that.
Speaker 2: I love how that guy called him a clown and you're a joke and a fraud. And he's like that's a threat.
Speaker 1: That's a threat, and I'm gonna have to throw down now because how dare you? I swear it's I mean, but it's funny. He's like, yeah, there would also like, how was he saying there wasn't a day that went by that they weren't like fistfighting. I'm like, was it all that lad you were exposed to or some ship the fuck was wrong?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm righting off that whole let's not get into it. But these motherfuckers never.
Speaker 1: Mind what happened to us. When do we become so woke that unchained violence wasn't the solution to every single thing that we encountered? What the fuck happened?
Speaker 2: They're ill.
Speaker 1: Then we have Christopher Ray, the head of the FBI, is on Capitol Hill and he's getting absolutely grilled by Congressman Clay Higgins, Republican, who has been so like he is so horny for January sixth conspiracies like inside job, false flagshit. And this was during the worldwide threats hearing, okay, this is when they have the head of the FBI to talk about worldwide threats. Of course, the Republicans are like, what about January sixth? And I just want to play this part where he's like hitting him with this really interesting conspiracy theory that I had not known up until now.
Speaker 7: If you are asking whether the violence at the Capitol on January sixth was part of some operation orchestrated by FBI sources and or agents, the answer is emphatically saying no, no, saying not violence orchestrated.
Speaker 1: If my FBI sources or agents.
Speaker 3: Are you familiar with with you know what a ghost vehicle is? Director, your director of the FBI, certainly should you know what a ghost buses? Ghost bus? I'm not sure if you use that, Okay, okay, pretty common in long enforce. It's a vehicle that's that's used for huh, his secret purposes. These two buses in the middle here, they were the first to arrive at Union Station on January sixth, zero five hundred. I have all this evidence. I'm showing you a tip of the size.
Speaker 1: Sper mister chairman.
Speaker 3: These two buses, mister completely white is a very significant hearing, mister chairman, and these buses are nefarious in nature, and we're filled with FBI and foreman stressed as Trump supporters. You can deploy it unto our capitol on January sixth.
Speaker 1: Your day is coming you okay, okay, So that's your brain on right wing extremism and four chan posts. When you say ghosts, I think he's just say Ghostbusters director, Ray, have you heard a ghost Buster? You know, a Ghostbuster?
Speaker 2: Is you mean ecdo one? Sir? Yeah, I don't understand.
Speaker 1: And do you believe that those busses were filled with FBI in formats, armed with proton packs, dressed as Trump supporters?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Huhde? What you're talking about? Man?
Speaker 2: Sorry, he just left the new Ghostbusters movies and he's excited.
Speaker 1: I know, ghost busts, ghost busses feels like some kind of like civil rights movie but with ghost Dog with Forrest Whitaker.
Speaker 2: It's like, I think, I think it's funny that he admits that there's like secret police just right asually. Yeah, yeah, yeah, they're common, They're coming. I have secret, secret purposes. Yeah wait, exact secret purposes.
Speaker 1: You know, I mean, you know, but but we know, like okay, uh huh so yeah, really good times being spent on the Capitol Hill over there anyway, that is gonna do it for us today. We're back tomorrow with a whole new episode. So yeah, until then, take care of yourselves, take care of each other, get your vaccines, don't do nothing about white supremacy, hatred, none of that, Okay, and we will talk to you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye.