Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insder news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys Headquarters at the Star Infrasco.
Speaker 2: Today is Thursday, February eighth, twenty twenty four, and we are now seventy seven days away from the NFL Draft in Detroit, Michigan. Welcome into the Draft Show, presented by Millerlita Taste you can depend on. This segment is brought to you by your Texas Ford Dealers. Ford is the best in Texas. We've got Nick Harris, Aisha Morrison, I'm Kyle Yeomans with Chris Beam running everything in the back. I'm Kyle Yeomans. Oh I already said that. Welcome in everybody. Glad you're with us, Little black Rifle coffee. Get us ready to go today and talk a little bit more draft. I might just be a little bit shaken up because of an article I read this morning on Dallas Cowboys dot Com that this defensive coordinator search is going to happen into next week, could could happen into next week. Nick Harris wrote that article.
Speaker 3: Yeah, front office is willing to expand it into next week. They are conducting another interview this morning with New York Jets safeties coach Mark kwand Manuel So And I don't expect that to be the last name thrown into the mix. So, yeah, it's it's a foreign wide search. I know some people on Twitter, we're happy that it's starting to expand and that it's it's a thorough look through. And then there's some others that are like, ah, there's no plan after dan Quinn left, how could they? So, you know, you get both sides of the coins with this fan base.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I don't know if you can say there's no plan just because the search is taking longer. They may go with whoever we thought where they were going to go with. I know my pick would be Mike Zimmer. I think they still could go with Mike Zimmer. But there's nothing wrong with expanding a search and taking a look at other candidates, because the only way you get bit by that is if you get a coordinator candidate taken by another team. Most of the teams that have new stabs or exchanging stabs have already come to that conclusion.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, absolutely, And then you look at open coordinator spots. As you said, it's it's not as open as it maybe would have been two three weeks ago had Quinn taken a job at that point. So I don't think there's necessarily a race against any team. You look at the Seattle Seahawks are trying to put together defensive coordinator and Aiden Dirty is interviewing for that spot as well, so that's definitely wanted to keep an eye on. I know Aiden Dirty had a strong interview this week with the Cowboys front office, so certainly in the mix, Dirty Zimmer, those are the top two candidates. I would put in one A one B type type roles right now.
Speaker 4: What did you guys think about the is it? I don't want to mispronounce his Manuel Mark one?
Speaker 5: Manuel?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, rock one, you got it? Manuel, okay, defensive.
Speaker 4: Coach, yes, yes, yes. What did you think about him being interviewed?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's a it's a step towards the front office looking at young assistants. You know, he played for Mike McCarthy back when McCarthy was with the Packers, so there's a little bit of a connection there. He was a DC under Quinn in Atlanta, so has coordinator experience.
Speaker 5: It would be an interesting route.
Speaker 3: I don't know enough about his scheme, about his coaching style anything like that, but as far as casting a wide net, I think that's probably the biggest point you could take off of the Cowboys bringing him in for an interview.
Speaker 2: Okay checking just because Isaiah standback on Talking Cowboys earlier this week, threw out a name and it kind of hit the wind and it worked out for him and Rex Ryan. I'm gonna say, my name is going to be Ken Norton Junior. That's going to be my name that I think will pop up in this former defensive coordinator with the Seahawks, played with the Cowboys back in the two thousands and had a solid career here in two thousands back in the nineties, won a couple of Super Bowls with him as well. So he was at UCLA this past year as a linebackers coach and they got a pretty good draft prospect coming out in Darius Mussau, who we've talked about a couple of times on this show. But since it is the Draft show, I want to spend this time, and of course we'll have Bobby, Brian and Zach back next week. There still out at Radio Row for Super Bowl week and really enjoying their time out there. But I want to take this time to just throw out some names that you guys have been watching that everybody's kind of had their eyes on. Let's do some tell me more some scouting reports, and I want it to be your favorite watch this week. Isaiah ba or Isaiah Ayisha. I said Isaiah moment Ago Aisha Wrong show, Yeah, wrong show, Isaiah Aisha. I want you to tell me your best watch that you've seen so far since the week started.
Speaker 4: Man, that's hard. I'm gonna go with my fresh eyes. I Nazir Stackhouse, Georgia inside Lineman.
Speaker 2: He that's a great name for an interior defensive it is.
Speaker 4: It's kind of it's kind of it's kind of it's kind of different. But uh yeah, I've been. I was. I was looking at his play and I was looking at some of the things he used. Cap I wrote down he can knock a guy back on one on ones, he can find the ball carrier and shed and tackle consistently. Because that's something that I'm noticing from some of the dts in this draft is that can they shed and tackle? Sure, but can they do it consistently? Some of them cannot This guy can do it consistently. He displays a lot of patience as a run defender. He doesn't get too high, he drive and extends his arms. He takes on double teams with levers, but he also can read well enough to split double teams at times. He has fantastic range that allows him to redirect the defender to their doom. Is what I said. The overall movement given his size, is nice, especially with his play strength. They challenged him to step up with the loss of Davis and Carter at Georgia, and he did that. I felt like he filled in very well for with those big Those are big losses, you know, for Georgia in that interior, and I do think that he definitely showed people that he can play the game at a high level this past year. He stood out to me. I know we're looking at you know, people don't want to talk about inside d Lineman right now, but I like this play.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Absolutely. Is he in the draft as your stackhouse, I can see if I.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to find. I think he's in the twenty five draft. I think he went back.
Speaker 4: He went back.
Speaker 2: I think he went But here's the thing. The article that I'm I'm looking at from Sports Illustrated says uh six Bulldogs tapped his top prospects for the twenty twenty five NFL Draft, and he's one of them.
Speaker 4: That's okay, Okay, I can okay.
Speaker 2: It's a good eye though.
Speaker 3: Just getting prep prep ready for next year. You're welcome draft fans ahead of the game.
Speaker 4: Okay. I will point out a guy that interests me, but he's he's he's very much so wild card. Okay, hear me out. Eric Gentry, inside linebacker USC.
Speaker 2: He's definitely coming out.
Speaker 4: You know, he's like a draft the playing linebacker six six Arizona State transfer. He was an edge player before and USC was like, hey, let's see if you can play some linebacker. And this dude has a seven to one wingspan. He's a nightmare as seven seven seven.
Speaker 2: Insane.
Speaker 4: It's crazy and you can see it when he's in coverage. This is a guy that I think could thrive being in maybe a nickel scheme where he's defending tight ends consistently. Because his length, he can cover so much ground quickly. He's athletic, he's still improving his run fits, but he does read the RPO. Well for someone like it's very weird because I feel like there's if you look at a lot of these dns and some of these guys, they don't plays from some of the film study I've done, they don't play the RPO consistently. Well, this guy can do that, and I think that it's because a lot of what he doesn't coverage. And then the athleticism also allows him to chase down people in pursuit. He did have a pretty serious ankle injury in twenty two, was able to come from that. But the production is there. The only thing that people might worry about again is the frame because he is so he's lean, but he's not a big line. He's not a big physical lineback, hold on, I got it down here, am I bad? Let me see.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to see how white he was to go along with the wing No, yeah, because.
Speaker 4: It varies with these guys, so I always, I always try to make sure I'm not guesstimating with him. Says he's two hundred and fifteen.
Speaker 2: Pounds, okay, so a little white.
Speaker 4: So he's a little so he Yeah, so I'm sure a coach possibly will want to put into his frame put a little bit more size on him if necessary. I think it is necessary. And like I said, he is still developing as far as just consistently with his run fits. But in coverage he's a problem. And he's a problem because you have to place the ball. Do you have to place the ball correctly with him because he's gonna take it out the air. He also had some interceptions in his career. I was he's someone to watch again. I don't know what's going to happen with him because of the length and stuff in his frame, but I was very interested in him, and I don't know if you guys will take some time to check him out too and see what you think.
Speaker 2: I've already started him just because of the seven foot one wingspan. Got that that's got me interested already. Crazy talk about the length, what you've been looking at? Yes, so he's got like a slight grin on your face. So whoever you're about to talk about, I know you're pumped.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just excited about him because it's a guy that I know pretty well, going back to his high school days at Temple High School down in Central Texas. Super Baby, Yes, super Sintex do y'all have a guess a Temple High School guys or y'all y'all didn't go that deep just yet.
Speaker 2: No, honestly, I haven't even looked at yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyway, this guy caught my eye at the at the Senior Bowl. I've known about him for a while, for gosh going on five years now. Tight end Jared Wiley at TCU, and he was I want to start with the high school days as I do with these more more no's. It played at Temple High School alongside Quinton Johnston, who's a first round pick for the Chargers last year and played as a first round pick this past season. Jared Wiley initially went to Texas and then Quinton Johnston went to TCU. Jared Wiley played two seasons at Texas, didn't get a lot of time on the field, hadn't really seen much development in his two seasons that he was there, and then some guy named Jatavian Sanders walked in the door and pretty much took the starting tight end job. So Jared Wiley hopped in the transfer portal called his old buddy Quintin Johnson, said, Hey, you think I could probably make the team as a tight end over there, ended up in Fort Worth and ended his career in college as a first team All Big Twelve member This past year was a really shining point on this offense for TCU this past season and then on their national championship team where they went and got beat by Georgia in the National Championship. He was a big part of that team as well, So he had some didn't have crazy production at the college level, but he's physical, he's a playmaker. Whenever you see a big time tight end making a play in the Big Twelve, it's nine times out of ten it's gonna be Jared Wiley or Jatavian Sanders. And then what I saw from him at the Senior Bowl or I'll give my take on him. Going into the Senior Bowl, I was seeing him as potentially a late Day three type. I was like, look, I really like what he does wrong the playmaking standpoint. Can he be consistent though? Can that production translate to the NFL? When he went to the Senior Bowl first day, he was probably the best pass catcher natural pass catcher that I saw out of the group.
Speaker 5: On both teams. He was making plays.
Speaker 3: He's physical in his route running, he's able to get at the top of his route and be able to break off with some separation, So he's got a little bit of speed there as well. I really like Jared Wiley, and when you look at him, he's got these tattoos all down his arms and legs. He reminds you of Jake Ferguson in a way, just because he's able to be so physical. He has that dog in him. If you go back and watch from TCU, I mean he's getting in people's face and you know, he's doing the first down markers in their face like Jake Ferguson. But I think this is a guy that can sneak into the fourth, fifth round and have similar production towards Jake Ferguson that he's had in his first two seasons if he lands on the right team with a team that needs that has a need for a play making type tight end, and an offense that can set him up to do that. Six foot seven, two hundred and sixty pounds is what he's listed at on the TCU website. I think he's closer to probably six five and a half six to six, but still, I mean, he has that length, he has that size, He's able to translate that physicality whenever he's out and route running, and I.
Speaker 5: Like what he's done in run blocking as well.
Speaker 3: I think this is an all around tight end that I think could sneak into early Day three, potentially late day two if he has a good combine as well.
Speaker 2: Experienced guy twelve games, forty seven catches last year, five hundred and twenty yards. He also had eight touchdowns as well, So along with those forty seven catches, he had eight scores. And this is probably the most notable stat that I'm looking at here, the fact that quarterbacks when targeting him had a one to ten passer rating, Oh realized. Pretty good. Yeah, that's if we're talking about the way that tight ends had played a factor in this offense across the hallway with the Cowboys. You need a reliable tight end, you need a reliable target, a safety net. We talked about it with Dalton Schultz, now, Jake Ferguson, even Jason Whitten back when he was playing. You need somebody like that. And it seems like Jared Wiley is there with as much as as we put a lot of emphasis on big ten tight ends with these Michigan and Iowa's and Wisconsin's and all these tight ends that have come out from there. Is there any worry based off of the Big twelve slate compared to the Big ten slate?
Speaker 5: No, I wouldn't say so.
Speaker 3: The way offenses have been able to produce in the Big twelve gosh for the better part of all of our lifetime. Sure, I'm confident in an offensive weapon being able to come out and produce.
Speaker 2: You like him or Sanders more.
Speaker 3: I love Sanders. It's gonna be Sanders for me. But the thing about Jatavian Sanders is his athleticism.
Speaker 2: Out of Texas through the roof. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Correct, His athleticism is through the roof, and you look at some of the catches that he made last season in Texas is really really legit. My only concern with Jatavian Sanders is consistent health. He battled injuries each the last two seasons throughout the year, missed a game here and there. But I think that's just going to come with a little bit more experience. What's interesting about Jatavian Sanders, if I can kind of be a sicko about him for a minute, came out of Ditton Ryan High school, which we talked about a Money Bailey on Tuesday, also came out of Dton Ryan. They were both on that state championship team in twenty nineteen. He was coming out as a pass rusher, as a defensive end. That was what he was supposed to be going into college. That's what we had ranked him as at the on the recruiting sites because he looked more natural as a pass rusher, but he was still making these wild one handed catches on the offensive side of the ball, playing tight end and outside receiver. So he goes to Texas and had other schools involved, Alabama, Oklahoma, but goes to Texas and within the first couple of weeks of fall camp ends up being a tight end. And he's like, no, this guy's going to play tight end. From what we heard down in Austin. It's like, no, this guy, he runs routes, he has a developed route tree, he can run block. We're going to try him on offense and if it doesn't work out, we know he'll work on the defensive side. Well, it worked out, and now he's probably going to be an early second round tight end.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, when you mentioned the injuries, a tight end that comes to mind was a Kinkaid Dolton Hekkad, and I mean a lot of people were worried about his injuries and some of the things with him, but he came out the season with the Bills and was productive with them and showed that he was a to be resilient in that way. So I injuries matter, they do, They do matter. But I am kind of at a place to where I'm giving players the chance to write that, you know, to show that they can stay healthy, NBA able to play the game at a high level as well.
Speaker 3: I know this is kind of looking into retrospective a little bit, but it did surprise you that the run of tight ends happened when it did. I kind of would have expected it to happen in the twenties last year, and I bring that up to the point of it was such a stacked tight end class last yew objectively, and that run didn't happen until I guess thirty five is when it really started to pick Florida and went off.
Speaker 2: The board, and then a lot of teams I think jumped the gun and wanted to go get somebody. Dallas was sitting there waiting in the second round wanting a tight end. Of course they ended up taking Luke's schoonmaker. But I think I agree with you because we were talking about if Kincave falls to the Cowboys, if mayor at A Notre Dame falls to the Cowboys, if you have Laporta that's there, would you even entertaining the option? Then boom, boom boom. They all kind of went off the board. But it was later than what you thought.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And is that more speaking towards the value of the position or just kind of draft day you know, Shenanigans. I mean, you've run that draft back ten more times, and you probably get that run in the twenties a couple more times.
Speaker 4: I think people really value the position. I think it can really change which you can do offensively. We've seen it with this team, how it opened up things when it wasn't at the beginning of the season, when you weren't getting anything from your tight ends. Really, when Jay Ferguson did become a guy that other teams have to worry about, you saw people rolling coverage to him. You saw people allocating to be able to stop him. I do think the position has become intricate to what you do offensively. But then also too, you look at some of the better offenses in the league, guess what, they got good tight ends, And so I do think that that was a big part of like people looking around the league and saying, Okay, well these teams made it. They had a consistent tight end, they could run twelve personnel to counter the nickel and things like that. So yeah, it was surprising, but we were ready for it though. I felt we were ready for last year when it happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the one thing, like you said, it values the position because a lot of those guys went earlier than we were even anticipating, going up in that early part of the second round. But it was draft A Shananigans. If they ran that back today, Sam Reporter would be higher. Daltinking Kid, I think would be high. You have guys that would be back in that category. So I think it was a little bit of draft ded Shenanigans. Maybe the fact that those quarterbacks were falling and there was kind of a weird thing with Will Levis there too, kind of played a factor into it. But yeah, I'd bere definitely interesting to think about.
Speaker 3: I'd be curious to know what gms think about how much time they put into the tight end class last year takes Sam Laporta out of the equation because he was just phenomenal. I think he met expectations and exceeded them. Dulton Kinkaid met, But you look at Michael Mayer probably didn't.
Speaker 2: Didn't.
Speaker 5: You look at Luke skoon Maker, probably didn't.
Speaker 3: So I'd be curious to know what gms think about how much time and effort that they put into those top round tight ends last year and if they would kind of feel the same way going into this year. Obviously, the tight end class is much different, the tight end crop is much different going into future drafts. But I'd be curious to know if there's any you know, there's any difference in the approach towards the tight end.
Speaker 4: We talked about this though, is the flip of everybody want athletic tight ends, huh. That's that's the new wave, huh, because it was the at some point in time, it was you wanted a guy like Michael Mayer's like somewhat when you look at them, you like, it's a tight end, yes, the traditional field that can play in line and stuff. But yo, like, we're definitely seeing that these more athletic tight ends are giving people trouble. And I do also think it speaks to what the linebacker positions become and how people use their safeties in the big nickel and the coverage ability from some of these dbs and stuff are able to match better with some of these tight ends. You need a guy that has some yak ability, can break tackles, get upfield and do things block as well, you know what I'm saying. But at the same time, what else can you give me in the receiving game. I think it's so much easier to key in on an offense when they don't have the middle of the field being utilized consistently with with a tight end. So it's interesting to me to see how the conversation has changed with the tight end position.
Speaker 2: It has changed. And I mean, look at the four teams that made it to the conference title games too, and I mean you've got George Kittle for the forty nine Ers, Travis Kelcey for the Chiefs, Sam Laporter for the Lions, and then I know he didn't necessarily help them get there, but Mark Andrews is still one of the better tight ends when he's healthy In the NFL. So with all that being said, having a good athletic, versatile tight end, who can block, who can receive, who can do a lot of things helps you out a lot. I don't know if the Cowboys are really in the mood for a tight end this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely not fergus definitely not. This is more of a large scope view of the tight end position.
Speaker 2: That's the beauty of this show. So we don't always have to talk Cowboys.
Speaker 4: I do want to ask y'all though, like, well, I mean, are they I mean, we're saying they're not. But Jake Ferguson is the only guy they gave you anything consistently. You're betting on Schoolmaker developing more as a receiver getting on it. We don't know what's gonna happen with Hindershot because up and down year from here. John Stevens, who is somebody that I think he could have used coming back from the ACL, don't know what he's gonna be fully ready to insert himself. I mean, I'm just saying, like we could say, Okay, they're not going to touch tight end, But at the same time, what do you have really depth wise that's proven at this point, and I know they may not touch it as early as you know, second round or something like that. But at the same time, like day three, we can't guarante, Yeah, we can't guarantee that Schoolmaker is going to become a viable pass option.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't surprise me if there's quite a bit of effort put into the undrafted free agent market for tight end. I'd like that to just the number of tight the number of draft picks that the Cowboys have going into this year. I'd be surprised if it's a tight end. But I don't think it's off the table. I think that's a good point.
Speaker 4: I got a guy I don't know if he's gonna be undrafted. I don't want to put that evil on him, Ricky Bobby. But at the same time, his name is Tanner McLachlin, tight end out of Arizona. He's an FSU transfer wide receiver converted tight end. He had the most receptions at Arizona even he surpassed Gronkowski there. Very reliable target, absolutely absolutely. He has seventy six receptions all time and that's the most in Arizona. I appreciate his speed up the seams, It's one thing that I notice is that he has that you can see that he does have some former receiver to him. He's a very willing blocker. I mean when you go look at him like, it's not always perfect, don't get me wrong, but the effort in blocking is there, and that means he's coachable and I like that about him. He really works for his QB as well. I mean you see his QB scrambling and things like that. He's looking to get open for his quarterback. And also too, he snatches the ball out of the air as well, which is to me, it's kind of speaks to some of his receiver background. He has fluid hips, although you can tell he's still learning how to work angles as a tight end. Again, kind of gives me maybe later later round guy, maybe undrafted guy that has such has a lot of things to work upon. And he's also he got some wiggle to him also in the open field. He has some yackability, can do some things, but he's a hurtler, like a guy we got on this team right now. He do not like his lesbia taken out like that, but I just I just appreciate the player. Like watching him, I watched about three games from him, and I was like, Okay, this is a solid tight end that can develop into something good. But he also too can be a reliable receiving option for you, I think, right away, and help you in the in the passing game. So yeah, Tanner McLachlan tight end out of Arizona, is someone that maybe might be somebody.
Speaker 5: I like it. He's also Canadian Lethbridge, Alberta.
Speaker 4: Come on, Canadian, I like it.
Speaker 6: I like it.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take our first break. When we come back, it's time for some twitter on the twenty What position could possibly be double dip territory for the Dallas cow Boys in twenty twenty four? Is there a position of need where you could possibly hit two? That's one of the questions. We'll answer a couple more when we come back with more on the Trap Show.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: As they snapped the press, guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll run for a first down.
Speaker 7: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands since twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 8: Prescot's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 7: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 6: I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Lasercare Eye Center and Doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and laser care ice, I can see near far in between.
Speaker 2: Don't funble your.
Speaker 6: Vision any longer. Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren sent They got me back on my game.
Speaker 9: In a stressful world, Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design intelligent technology and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator and Natilists at Lincoln dot com.
Speaker 10: Hi, I'm Danny mccraige, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothieking wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smooth bowls into two new decking and flavors. Dig into a cool Iie or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to much. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bows now in two new decadent flavors, only a Smoothie King. The official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys is.
Speaker 1: The Dallascowboys dot Com Draft show Boys.
Speaker 2: Dallas Cowboys game Time powered by Lenovo, the official gaming platform in community of the Dallas Cowboys. You can sign up now to compete in Fortnite tournaments for a chance to win a VIP experience at the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Draft Party. Qualifiers begin on February twenty fourth and run through the twenty eighth. Learn more and register at dallascowboys dot com. Slash game Time.
Speaker 5: You play Fortnite, Aisha, I am not a gamer.
Speaker 2: Not a gamer.
Speaker 4: I'm not a gamer in the slightest villaw.
Speaker 2: I did a couple of tournaments for them where I did like analyst work and it was really really fun, isn't it. The game time stuff is really fun. Now. I wasn't providing analysis on Fortnite. Let me get let me get it straight. I was doing Madden. That's a good crouch. Yeah, good usage of the nice bush. But yeah, I think it would have been a different thing. Uh if it was Fortnite. They've done some like Rocket League stuff. It is really really cool Cowboys game Time presented by Lenovo, really really cool event. Go sign up right now?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: What was that?
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 3: I don't do anything until after draft, so ask me, like April, what is that twenty ninth?
Speaker 4: What is Fournite? What's the premise anyway.
Speaker 2: I mean it's like a first person shooter, third person shooter, whatever you call it. And you run around and you're in a map and you got to be the last one standing basically, and you can build things and move around and loot, you grab a lot of you heard of Call of Duty war Zone, It's I mean, it gives that. Yeah, it's just a different version battle. Yeah, that's the word I was looking for. Thank you, Bamer. Beamer is the gamer of the group. That's who you need to be asking. He's the one that's correct. He carries the squad every night, all right. He also carries our squad into some Twitter. That's a professional train transition. All right, Ayisha, I want you to answer this question. The first question of Twitter on the twenty today comes from Lane and he says, if the Cowboys were to double dip at a position, which one do you feel like is most likely? And he listed a couple. He said, offensive linebackers, safety or other, but it could be really whatever position you want.
Speaker 4: You said you're gonna cheat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's kind of why I wanted you to go first.
Speaker 4: Gosh, I think you're gonna I think you might lose more guys than what you think on the defensive line. Okay to free agency, so I'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: The end, Wow, going and picking up multiple edge rushers.
Speaker 4: I'm not I'm listen, I'm going out on a limb. But I just do think that you have quite a few guys that are up and it is and this group has been together for a minute.
Speaker 2: Depends on if you gate Dornce back. Dante's probably already got a place in Washington.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I'm looking at who else is there. I mean, DT is wise, I mean, Neville Gallimore is a guy. Chauncey's still here. He's still gonna be here if I'm not mistaken. Obviously you have Micah, that's fine. Jonathan Hankins, Jonathan Hankins. D law is still He's still here, but he's he is getting older and you need to be able to help him, you know, stay fresh throughout the season. I could I could see it.
Speaker 5: Maybe I could see it.
Speaker 2: Maybe I like it.
Speaker 4: I'm guessing it's.
Speaker 2: A little like out of the grand scope. I think the easy answers here are the ones that he answered is offensive line, linebacker, safety. But if you're talking about it under the radar, double dip. That's definitely a possibility. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I was initially thought I was gonna cheat. But if he said offensive line, I'm saying offensive line. The reason I thought I was cheating is like tackle, guard, be specific, but not I think they take two offensive linemen in this draft. I mean, we've talked about tackle getting that in the first round, or center. I think whichever one you don't get, you have to get at some point during the draft. It would shock me, shock me if there's not too offensive linemen in this draft.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's say we are being specific. You're splitting him into three spots, center, guard, tackle, Which one do you feel like would be most likely to double dip going into this draft?
Speaker 5: Probably tackle, tackle, Yeah, probably, just.
Speaker 2: Because of the value there in the first round and then you pick up one later to try and develop.
Speaker 3: Well that and also the current depth of the of the team. You look at the center options that could work for the Dallas Cowboys if Tyler Biattis is not in the building anymore, you look at the tackle options off Tyron Smith is not in the building anymore. I think you're a little bit more thin at tackle in that scenario.
Speaker 2: Who's your tackle, right now your left tackle right now if Tyron Smith does not come back, because Tyrone is an unrestricted free agent. Huw, mydoga is an unrestricted free agent. Who's your left tackle?
Speaker 3: Probably either Awesome Richard's you got, Matt Will Let's go, you got, Yeah, Tyler Smith?
Speaker 4: I think I think Tyler Smith is my left tackle. Yeah, that's probably TJFT. Yeah yeah, stumbling mercy and that's what it's. But that's another thing that's frustrating again is that we don't know nothing about Awesome. Yeah, Like it's very limited in what we were able to see from him to even be able to do. You was like, do you look like uncomfortable saying his name just now? So not just put you in a tough spot. But I agree with you to your point about some undrafted free agents and stuff like that. Some of this this center class is kind of deep, man like to where I think maybe some guys might be available outside of there. Do you think so you think everybody's gonna gravel?
Speaker 3: You look at a couple of centers that I think we saw throughout the All Star Game week, Hunter Nors that out of Penn State. I know those guy that me and kind of came together on You'll get Tanner Borderlini out of Wisconsin. That's probably a Day three, late Day three type guy Matt Lee out of Miami. So there's there's gonna be some options later in the draft. I think if you really want one of these top who centers, though, you gotta get him early, first round.
Speaker 5: Or second round.
Speaker 2: So that's the second question on Twitter on the twenty A Deal says if the Cowboys took offensive tackle early centers that you would consider worthy of replacing a Tyler Biattish at center if you waited till the later round. So I mean, if you're talking about starting caliber right this second, I think it would have to be a second, third round, maybe a fourth. That's what Tyler Biottish was and he was immediately a starter. So second, third, fourth round prospects at center that you would trust to come in and be ready.
Speaker 3: You look at Zach Frasier out of West Virginia. Dane Brugler talked about him pretty highly whenever he was in here, talking about how he broke his leg on a late drive for West Virginia and instead of taking the injury time out in affording or costing West Virginia timeout in that late game scenario, he's crawling off the field with a broken leg and he gets off and his recovery's actually gone really well. He was at Senior Bowl being able to kind of work through some things. He wasn't on in team drills or anything, but just the fact that he was out there and able to show that he actually can walk with two legs was pretty pretty impressive.
Speaker 5: And he's he's he's a maler as well. In the middle.
Speaker 3: You'll get bow Limmer out of Arkansas. That was a guy I talked about a little bit coming out of Senior Bowl as well. We've talked about Cedric van prank Granger out of Georgia on this show as well. I think there's some I think there are some guys, but it just kind of depends on what type of guy that they bring in. I think they would need a run stopper. You look at bow Limmer here right here in the middle for Arkansas in this film shout outs Chris Beam in the back, but just being able to kind of identify where these holes can open up in the middle. But I think it's most important to find a center that can run block and you see what he does here in this run blocking, being able to pave the middle of the defense right there and create some some short yardage gains. But I think that's probably what you missed with Tyler Biottish at times last year and being able to pull in those kind of scenarios. But if you can bring in a run block run block first center, I think you have a guy that can potentially start day one.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I well, first, before we get there, did you like some of the things he saw you saw from Dominic Pooney playing center at the Senior Bowl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it didn't get to see him a whole lot. But he's a big guy. I will say he's a big, big guy, and he's got a lot of positional flex he worked at many different positions in mobile. So we've talked about a lot of these guys that are center hybrids, you know. We've talked about Graham Barton, We've talked about Jackson Powers Johnson. I think there's probably a need to be able to find a guy who can be able to focus on that run blocking in the interior. Yeah, and has a little bit more of those knacks. Not to say like don't draft Graham Barton's I'm not saying that at all, but I want to be able to solidify a run blocker in the middle. I don't necessarily want to pass protector first.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have a guy. Saw him at the Shrine Bowl this year, Barnacles. I need to write down. I didn't write down to school. My bad. I was just taking notes Dylan.
Speaker 5: Mcmannon North Carolina State.
Speaker 4: Yes, North Carolina State. So you talk about, you know, okay, maybe this guy will in some of the later rounds. He has a good movement and a strong anchor. You notice it in drills, crazy vertical. So he's strong out of his stands, very strong out of his stance. So you talk about the run blocking. You wanted to get up on you guys. He's played all across the line, but I think he is a center. That's where I felt like he thrived the most when I saw him. The hand, the hand technique is there. He's not afraid to wrestle and to counter. He has He has consistent good hand placement as well, So again you're looking for the technique. Like you just mentioned, he knows how to play this position. He can climb up the field quickly and he can take on angles. I like his motor and he can finish at the second level as well. I do think that this is a gentleman that people will pay attention to in the later rounds. And he showed some good things during the Shrine Bowl, but also during the practices as well. Yeah, he's real strong. That's a center for you. So we'll keep an eye on him maybe for the later rounds.
Speaker 2: I like it all right. This question comes from Bob. He said, what of the right tackles could you see moving over to left side in the NFL? Out of this tackle class? A lot of offensive line questions too, talk about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'll jump out with two right right off the bat. You look at Talisi Fuaga out of Oregon State. I think that a lot of the appeal is that he could be a left tackle option. Played right tackle mostly at the Oregon State and now he's starting to sneak into top ten pick territory potentially even I've seen mox this week that have him above Joe alt out of Notre Dame. Wow, which is quite wild. Not to say it's untrue, but just wild. Tyler Gutting out of Oklahoma played right tackle for them, but can play left tackle. Got a lot of reps at left tackle during the Senior Bowl as well, so that's a guy that could swing around. I think there's whenever you look at the tackle position and you look at the development with a lot of these guys. You see Tyler Guitton here taking some right tackle snaps. But whatever, you look at the tackle position, the development, and what they can do at this stage of their career, it's not necessarily a situation where if they haven't played left tackle their entire life, that they can't do it. Especially with the offensive line development that we've seen in Dallas, you know, being able to bring a guy that is mainly focused in at right tackle, it doesn't take that long to be able to work at left. I think the only time you would run into an issue where that couldn't happen is if there's mobility concerns, And if there's mobility concerns, you probably don't want.
Speaker 5: To that tackle anymore.
Speaker 3: So I'm not really concerned about any guy who would have a ton of right tackle experience at this stage of his career twenty two to twenty three years old and coming in as a left tackle.
Speaker 2: I love how every time the film starts rolling in the studio. We've got three monitors in here now, where we used to only have the one and the three monitors or all have the highlights, and we're all such film junkies that we just get locked in on the film and we're like looking for hand placement and technique and we're trying to move around and see what Tyler Guiden's doing here to win this rep and things like that.
Speaker 4: Or but I will say, is it important we again we've talked about this. We haven't really talked about right tackle like that, where's your death of right tackle?
Speaker 3: I'll wait exacts the same thing. It's the same tackle in general, and that that's kind of like what I'm speaking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, the flexibility is gonna matter because you at the very least you need a suitable swing to be able to come in if necessary. So I guess right tackle is not something that a lot of people are just thinking, like you will be looking at but you should be maybe looking at it. Yeah, Okay, I'm gonna try to check out some of the later round guys and see if we can find some guys with's how the draft is set up for the Cowboys. There's some guys to stand up a.
Speaker 3: Couple of interesting later round guys that I've seen over the course the last couple of weeks. You'll get Ethan Driscoll out of Marshall, big guy, every bit of six six. I don't have his official listing, but he's he was one of the taller tackle prospects and he moves really well. I think the only thing that he kind of lacks is experience and dealing with crafty pass rushers.
Speaker 5: You can tell that Marshall. Gosh, they're in the sun Belt now, aren't they?
Speaker 2: Yes, they are.
Speaker 3: Marshall in the Sun Belt being able to deal with a lot of power guys that come off that edge. And he was lining up against more athletic guys like a lot too out of UCLA during Senior Bowl. So just kind of being to account for that. I think that's why he probably be a later round guy. And you look at Christian Jones out of Texas, you look at experience. Gosh, forty five games plus of experience at Texas for Christian Jones working at right tackle. He got a little bit of work at left tackle before Kelvin Banks came into the equation, but being able to work at right tackle really really helped him as well. And I think Beams, yeah, cooking up some film here on Christian Jones, but you see his power, you see the experience and just being able to come out of that set as natural as he does. That's what makes Christian Jones really impressive as a tackle prospect. I think he's a high floor guy in a low ceiling. You know what you're going to get out of him, and I think he is a guy that could contribute at the NFL level. I think whatever team he lands on, he lands on an NFL roster, will he started day one? Probably not, But I think he's definitely a guy you would love to have in your room as a depth option. You've seen what tackle depth can be so important towards in the NFL in these days. You know those times early in the season where too Mey Doga was a reliable depth option. I think once you got to the Miya in game, he probably exhausted that a little bit. But to be able to have a guy that you can trust in those depth options, I think Christian Jones is one of them.
Speaker 2: It's almost like the same scouting report we were giving Austome Richards last year out of North Carolina. High floor, low ceiling guy. You kind of know what you get depth as he develops into the league. And like I used to have said, that's part of the frustration with Richards is that you thought it was a high floor. So you want to see that development. You haven't necessarily seen it yet. All Right. This question comes from Eric. He says, outside of the top three wide receivers Marvin Harrison Junior Ohio State, Malik Neighbors LSU, and then Romeo Dounja from Washington, anybody slips to twenty four that would interest you outside of those three guys, would you take a pick of twenty four at one of these wide receivers in a Ced Lamb scenario, Even though I would argue ceede. Lamb was a part of the Big three back in twenty.
Speaker 3: Twenty, I don't think there's one you take at twenty four If it's one of those Brian Thomas Junior, I'll throw that nose out there, Yeah, Lsu, Brian Thomas Junior. I think that's one that you probably toy with the idea of. But you look at the needs on this team and you look at where they need to beef up certain areas. I just I struggle with taking a wide receiver in the first round. They need one at some point, though, And that's why when we were throwing out those theoreticals on or hypotheticals on Tuesday, I kind of inserted Brendan Rice in that equation just because it wouldn't surprise me if they took a gamble on one in the third round. I think there's going to be a run of receivers in the third round. If you want to get in on one that can be productive early. I think that's when you need to take one. But at twenty four I struggle with taking anybody outside of those top four, and I would include Brian Thomas Junior in that equation. But I think there's some late first round guys that are really fun. Troy Franklin out of Oregon, Yeah, Keyon Coleman out of Florida State. So there's there's definitely some interesting options. But with as deep as this receiver class is, in my opinion, you want to wait till the third round.
Speaker 4: I think, yeah, it's very deep. It's a lot of guys that interest you. I have to have not gotten a chance to talk about him much, But I like the gentleman out of A and M. A night is it in a nice A nice Smith, A nice smith. He stood out to me when I watched him the other night.
Speaker 2: Let me get to his He is so shifty. Yes, oh my gosh, he is electric with the ball in his hands. We're talking about yards after the catch it returns. I mean he is lightning in a bottle fast. And I think there were some like there were some questions with Texas A and M fans just throughout the years of certain parts of his game. The I think ball tracking. I mean, he has the speed to be a deep threat, but he wasn't very good at tracking the ball, yes, to make it happen. And then he wasn't a contested catch guy. He wasn't going to go up and make a grab. So those are the kind of things with Smith specifically out of A and M. That man, he's got all these tools, He's got all these things, but if he can't catch the ball and contested scenarios, then it's going to hurt children.
Speaker 4: I wonder what I mean. I do think it depends on your scheme and what you're trying to do. Because he's thirsty. He's good, his short area of quickness is good. But he's he's trustworthy and he's versatile, but he's creative in his are out running as well. He's tough also too for his size. I mean he'll get out there and block, he'll get out there and willingly do some things. So to your point about the contest to catch thing, it's like, okay, well, is that something that we can work on? Is that something we can add at these don't.
Speaker 2: Put them in that situation then all of a sudden he's a weapon.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think some of the running back experiences that he has gives him a good vision in the open field and allows him to be elusive. But it's interesting because last year we talked about there weren't that many small guys. There were more small guys last year. This year that's like far and fewer in between as far as the size goes. So I do wonder their approach this year where you have more of the traditional looking wide receivers, what happens with some of the smaller guys or do people really just still look at like, okay, a tankdale is a flower. Some of these guys were still able to be successful. Does that change some of the ideology behind if they're gonna take some of these smaller guys or not, or is it gonna go right back to normal and some of these little guys are gonna fall.
Speaker 3: I think it's more of an overall view of the receiver position than the guys that you've been able to hit on as far as early picks and the guys you haven't been able to hit on. I think there's probably some truth to that, But the way the receiver position is trending in the last three drafts and going forward, a receiver is just going to be deep for big receivers, traditional receivers that six one sixty two type feel, and then the small receiver sub six foot I think you have I think you have depth at all three of those spots this year. I think there's maybe more of a lack of big body guys, but I don't think there would be a change of philosophy.
Speaker 2: No one Smith specifically, he's shorter than Tank Dell. He's five foot nine. Tank Dell was five to ten. I mean, what was Dell's at the combine? Actually, I take it back. Dell's at the combine was five eight and three eights, so he's real, real small. Smith is one ninety at least that's what it was measured at at the Senior Bowl, So h one ninety. In terms of weight, he's about thirty pounds heavier than what Tank Dell was, and he might be a smitch and taller, but not by a lot. So I think it depends on maybe the weaponry and what they bring from a skill set standpoint more than anything. I think the tale of the tale is that you can be a small receiver and have success in the NFL. We've seen it this year. Zay Flowers had a great year. You had Tank Dell who had a phenomenal rookie campaign. You've got guys that you can rely on that are maybe a little bit smaller. All right, let's take our second break. When we come back, I want to talk about the safety position. There's a lot of talk about the defensive coordinator search and what's going on in Dallas, and of course with dan Quinn's departure, so is maybe the departure of a philosophy around the safety position. We will talk about that now. It could affect the NFL draft when we come back.
Speaker 11: Right after this, Hi Drew Pearson, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer. Here if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw ahell Mary go where I went. Laser Care Eye Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure.
Speaker 10: At Laser Care I Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patient see.
Speaker 11: Check them out at dfwis dot com. Tell them Drew sent you hood Hoot.
Speaker 9: In a stressful world, Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator and Nautilists at Lincoln dot com.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they.
Speaker 8: Snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll look for a first style.
Speaker 7: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: What SPEC's gonna run this himself?
Speaker 5: Run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 10: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bowls into two new, decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Issai or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want a munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie Bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King. The official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 2: Come on out to AT and T Stadium on February twenty fourth for the Monster Energy AMA super Cross Championship Series. Watch the world's best two wheel racers converge one night of NonStop action. Enjoy unprecedented access to the sports biggest stars with an up close view of their race bikes and team rigs at FanFest. Tickets are on sale now at sea geek dot com, the official ticketing partner of AT and T Stadium. That Reed used to be provider of AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 5: Yeah, run it all back here now.
Speaker 2: They're a partner here. Yeah, there you go, come on out now. I'm just kidding back here with Nick Harris, Aisha Morris, and Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeomans. And we haven't really talked about the safety position a whole lot on this show just yet. We've mentioned a couple names here and there, mostly with tell me more in a couple of conversations, but with the way that Dan Quinn utilized safeties when he first arrived in Dallas in twenty twenty one and revolutionized what this franchise viewed the safety position as. And say what you want about the twenty twenty three season, A couple guys had some down years. I thought Donovan Wilson was very good this year. Malie Cooker and jay Ron Kurse probably had their lowest year as a Cowboy. It wasn't an awful year from the safety group, but maybe under the radar for the most part. Does that change the way you look at the safety position in the NFL draft now that dan Quinn is gone going into twenty twenty four, because this is a franchise that has never really valued that position until Quinn came in and used it the right way.
Speaker 5: I think that's tough to answer without a coordinator in the building.
Speaker 3: You look at what the safeties have brought since dan Quinn has been here, but you also look at what that sacrifices at times, and maybe it's a you know, having those three safeties on the field at all times, it's maybe lacks a little size in some areas and you take away. But I think that's tough to answer without a coordinator in the room.
Speaker 2: Let's say, based off of the coordinator candidates that you've seen and that you've known enough about the way that they run their defense, Yeah, who would probably fit the safety position the best? Who would?
Speaker 3: I mean, you look at New York Jets safeties coach markwan Manuel pretty good one, right, and you look at what he brought from Quinn's philosophy as a defensive coordinator in Atlanta, it's very similar to what Quinn ran.
Speaker 5: I think there's a little bit of.
Speaker 3: Unfair kind of penning onto Aiden Dirty as far as if he was to take the defensive coordinator job, this scheme remains the same, Everything remains the same. I don't think that's the case. I think there's more of an emphasis up front. There's a reason that he was a defensive line coach. He's been a linebackers coach. He's a front seven main guy. You look at Quinn, I mean he was his focus was in the secondary, and you look at all of his spawns in the coaching tree, those are all secondary guys as well. I think Aiden Dirty probably brings what that pass rush has been over the course of the last three years. Sure, Quinn's a big part of it. As well, but you look at what Dirty is accomplished. I mean, that's why this Seattle Seahawks want to interview him. That's why he's always brought up whenever defensive coordinator positions come open. I think, if you want an emphasis up front, you look at Aiden Dirty, you look at Mike Zimmer. If you want to stay in the secondary and be able to focus on things in the defensive backfield, then you maybe look at markwe Ma well, or you know some of the other candidates as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it depends on For me, it depends on how you handle the linebacker position. Even so, because from this year, from this season, I mean, the reason why some of the safeties were doing linebacker stuff was just the lack of depth and linebacker and things like that. So sure, if that position, I think it allows your safeties to play a little bit more free in a sense. I also will say, I am really looking at Markue's bell and his usage moving forward, I would like to see him be a safety big dog. Sorry, I mean we've watched him in practices and stuff do safety things, and it seems like that's where he thrives at. I don't know if you and then also too, we have win on earlier. You got guys. You got guys in this room that I think you can get on the field and be able to play well. So I wonder if they even do touch the safety position at all. I wouldn't mind it, but I just wonder if it's if they even feel like it's a need because you do have somewhat adequate depth there right now, which is something you haven't been able to say in a minute.
Speaker 2: And whenever they signed Marque's Bell after the twenty twenty two draft, one of the things that we said about him in terms of a comp was jay Ron Curse. He could do j Ron Curse things because of the size, because of the athleticism, and if he's playing linebacker, that proves that fact. And I think if they move him back and they put him in a similar role, he'd probably be more successful in what Curse was doing, maybe even more than what Curse was doing this past year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I will say one thing. I mean, the Cowboys didn't run a crap ton of two high safety or split safety. Maybe you might see that difference come into play as far as having more of the coverage safeties out there, and then your guys closer to the line of scrimmage. I do think that maybe a Donovan Wilson or somebody could benefit from being closer to the line of scrimmage consistently than doing a whole bunch in coverage as he was, especially this past year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they ran single high safety sixty six percent of the time. That was third most in the NFL, split safety thirty one percent of the time, And if it was third most in the NFL, it's third least in the NFL in terms of split safeties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think it wasn't first because of the injuries you had late in the season to Jonathan Hankins and then Gilmore in the Washington game, so they kind of had to revert back to safety looks at times.
Speaker 4: Right right, So yeah, I do think some of those gentlemen like a Jayne Thomas or Markue's Bell, some of those guys could benefit from, you know, you doing that a little bit more. And then we've also seen that it gives defense, it gives offensive trouble in the league, so let's try it.
Speaker 2: So let's talk about some of these prospects. Then, I think right up at the top of the list, you've got a couple of names that you've heard before. Kaylin Bullock, USC, Javon Bullard from Georgia, Tyler Nuban Minnesota, Cameron Kitchens from Miami. Those are all names that we've thought about. Anybody stick out to you out of that group that you like the most in terms of just the safety position, not necessarily talking about Cowboys fits, but just in general.
Speaker 3: I've talked about a couple of these guys on the show pretty in depth, and I'm going to go ahead and regurgitate those points. Camera Kitchens will start there. A hard hitting, rangey safety that could be trusted on that single high island. He ran a lot of that for for for Miami. If that's the need that you want for the Cowboys, and I think that's a guy you could have behind Molly Cooker and he's but he brings that physicality that that Donovan Wilson has been able to be famous for here at Dallas and being able to lay a pop on somebody. Just go look at some Cameron Kitchens highlights and you're gonna be very excited with what you've seen. Yeah he was not there.
Speaker 2: But he was invited.
Speaker 3: Yeah he was invited, but he he runs a lot of BLOODZ packages too, and and he man he knows exactly where to come what hole to come down really aggressive, and I think that's maybe to a fault at times because he gives us some big things over the top, which I think would be perfect for a Dallas Cowboys defense right. Another guy I've talked about quite a bit is Tyler Nuban out of Minnesota. I've said it before, I think he's the best run defending safety in this class, elite run defender out of a third level, and he can play up to the line of scrimmage on early downs.
Speaker 5: He's really trusted.
Speaker 3: He's a guy that I think coaches go out there and say, Okay, you know what's to be happening on this early down situation. You have the freedom to go wherever you want on the field because he has that much trust in IQ to be able to let line up on the line of scrimmage identify early what's going on. And there were plays at Minnesota last year where it was first and ten beginning a drive on the twenty five yard line and teams were going to try to bait him with a play action and a really well designed play action and he identified it immediately and was able to drive back into coverage. And he's really impressive. I love Tyler Nuban. I think he's a guy that's gonna make a lot of money in the NFL.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you mentioned Miami. I wanted to bring up that gentleman. Cameron Kitchen's a teammate, James Williams Strong safety sixty five, two hundred and fifteen pounds. He stood out to me as well you talk about I think that's kind of embedded in them as far as the aggression, because Yo, he's chirpy too. He's in your face, going to let you know he's there all day as well. He seems like he takes pride in his tackling, like you mentioned about the other gentleman and making his presence felt. He has to. I think he has to sink his hips a little bit more in his back pedal and not play so tall because he is so tall. It's just difficult. But he can give your care. If you have a Russian QB and you think he thinks he'd about just be running around there free and stuff, He's gonna make him pay. He definitely is that that thumper that wants to come down here and let you know you're there. He has impressive range and burst and coverage and so he can cover a lot of grass. He attacks angles wide, but he has the recovery speed to get there. So you know, maybe there's some things he can work on in that regard. He can get square and take on on linemen and running backs. He's not afraid to, and he processes early in reps and that allows him to play free. That's something that stood out to me. I do think he has to do a little bit better job getting his depths at times and then also to he can overpursue like your guy talked about, But that's that aggression and you got to find a balance there with them and really learn how to balance his temperament because he is a hair on fire. I'm here, I'm about to let you know I'm here all day. Maybe you know, you get a coach that can balance that temperament and help him use it in a good way. But he stood out to me when I was watching kitchen, So that's funny. Yes, you brought him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So instead of safety, James Williams, can I interest you in linebacker?
Speaker 5: James Williams somebody again.
Speaker 2: But I hear you.
Speaker 4: Though, because he has that intensity and he has that processing, quick reaction come downhill. I'm not afraid to take on an old line and I'm not afraid to take on a running back. I can do it. If a titand is gonna be out there, I'm gonna punch him too. Like I can see that. That's crazy, you said, Okay.
Speaker 3: Wor, it's a lot of linebacker reps at Senior Bowl. You look at how much Miami ran single high last year and how where they trusted James Williams in the second level at times. I think there's some versatility there with safety linebacker hybrid work.
Speaker 4: I love that. Oh well, I meant to say it's somebody's language. He ain't here.
Speaker 2: Whoever's in here may not love it as much. And I think the fans at home are probably like, no, please, no more linebacker safety hybrids. But he's he's built more for that than what Mark Eespell was. Mark e Spell is a true safety and they moved him the linebacker out of need, and he did a nice job, I thought, playing out a position, he did what he could and he wasn't great at linebacker, but he was doing what he could. All right, Before we get out of here, I want you to give me your pick for the Super Bowl. Who's winning it? Chiefs forty nine Ers. Hey.
Speaker 3: I grew up in Chapel Hill, Texas, which is ten minutes down the street from White House, Texas, where Patrick Mahomes grew up. So I'm taking the Chiefs all every single time.
Speaker 4: I refuse to pick the forty nine ers. Philly is our rival. The forty nine Ers are Nemesis at this point, absolutely not. I'm going with the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: I like the way you said that you should make it ahead.
Speaker 3: What does your brain show you though? Because my brain probably tells me something different from my heart. It's going in different directors.
Speaker 4: I just can't pick. Like one thing I have noticed about the playoffs and honestly ik him what the Chiefs are doing to what y'all don't don't start with me. What the Warriors did the last year, that stuff they won the championship where people didn't think they could do it. It gives me that vibe from Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 5: It's like, oh, y'all, you think this is his last ride?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Thought I was done? No, I don't I think that they're continuing to figure things out. But a lot of people did not think this team was going to be here this year. I think they got a little chip on their shoulder, but their experience, they're one of the only teams that I feel like I've seen that experience seems like it actually has mattered it definitely. It seems like it actually has shown up in these games. And so for me, I'm like, yeah, I think the forty nine ers have a fantastic Rochester. They can get it done. But I'm just not picking against these people because they somehow figure it out. I hate it, hate it. I'm sick of both of them. They throw up at both of them, but they find a way to do it.
Speaker 2: So Travis Kelcey's on our TV right now and he's wearing an ALP and I don't one racing hat, So I think he's gonna win it. Give me the Chiefs to win. I think I'm right there with you. Nick. My head probably says, man, the forty nine ers are stacked all the way across the board, but my heart says, I don't want to talk about the forty nine ers.
Speaker 4: I will throw up.
Speaker 3: I've been a brock party fan on many shows. I don't like the hate around brock person. It's done really well, but I do think the Chiefs defense is going to give him issues. I think that defensive unit is really strong.
Speaker 4: That we can look forward to is that when teams win the Super Bowl, they typically separate.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, what the forty nine ers both of these teams for the Super Bowl and twenty twenty oh.
Speaker 4: I was going to ask you guys before we go leave me alone? They figured it out?
Speaker 2: Did they did?
Speaker 4: They figured it out with a lot of teams don't. But I do want to ask you, guys, with these teams that are in the Super Bowl, will they have coaches that are looking for other opportunities and stuff? And do you think that's going to matter? Do you think that maybe some of these gentlemen are people that people look at after No, Yeah, it's a fascinating thought.
Speaker 3: The chief defensive line coach has actually gotten a lot of college love. He was in the mix for the Michigan defensive coordinator job, which could be going to Wink Martin Dale. Oddly enough, I think that's when you look at Niners, I think there's going to be a guy out of the Niners every year that ends up getting a job somewhere. But there's not many open positions. I think you would probably have to look at the Seahawks or college opportunity.
Speaker 2: I'm only asking for this Cowboys defensive coordinator position.
Speaker 4: That's why I'm asking because I'm like, it is going to be late, but you're already late.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we said it at the beginning of the show. It's not like it's hurting you by waiting and looking at your candidates. There's not a whole lot of spots open yet.
Speaker 4: Tracking Okay, I just want to ask. I mean, hopefully I'm not tamper.
Speaker 2: The only thing that this tells you right now is that they might like candidate, but they haven't gone that's the one yet. They haven't they haven't been completely sold on their guys. That's what this is telling you right now. Does it mean that they don't like a Mike Zimmer, Does it mean they don't like Ron Rivera? Does it mean they don't like Adam Dirty? No, it doesn't mean that, but it does mean that they want to at least go and look at their options, possibly to see if they have a guy that they fall in love with and if not, they'll make a higher based off of who's the best camp candidate. We'll see how it goes. Get it done. That's going to do it for us here on the Draft Show. Enjoy your super Bowl weekend, everybody, stay safe, don't drink and drive, make sure and drink responsibly with Miller light throughout the weekend, and have a great turn around and we'll be back on Tuesday. How about that your sponsor's dream, Kyle, I know all right, Chris Beam, you carrous Ayasha Morrison will have Brian, Zach and Bobby back next week. I'm Kyle Yoman saying so long from the Draft Show. We'll see you then.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.