Speaker 1: Welcome. It is Verdict with Sentater Ted Cruz, Ben Ferguson with you, and if you're listening on the radio, it is so nice to have you with us wherever you are around the country. Senator, We've got a lot to talk about on this week's show, including some shocking news involves FBI raids. On top of the fact that the DOJ has launched a federal probe into America's worst Soros DA over preferential treatment for legal immigrants plural.
Speaker 2: Well, we have corruption in Virginia Soros das. We have the head of the Virginia Senate being rated by the FBI for corruption. We also have extraordinarily enough, a Democratic member of the House trying to smuggle fuel into Communist Cuba because she supports the communist over the United States of America. We're also going to discuss I had a chance to visit Neuralink, an incredible company in Texas that is literally doing science fiction. But before all of that, Ben, I want to take a moment to say thank you to our incredible listeners and viewers, everyone on the radio, everyone on the podcast, everyone watching on YouTube. Look, we do this show three days a week and it's a lot of hours. It's right now eleven forty eight pm. We do it late at night, and there are times when I'm tired, and there are times when Ben is frankly dysfunctional and hiccupping like a sick leper on the road.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, So for people that miss let's just be clear about where you're going with this. So I have got a back injury. They gave me some medicine. It gave me my hiccups is one of the side effects. And in the last show, I got the hiccups. It just could not get rid of them all day. By the way, I didn't go to bed to But.
Speaker 2: By the way, for an audio podcast, for an audio podcast or a radio show, having the host go like every twelve seconds, yeah, I'm just saying for an ordinary listener, that would be annoying. But I want to take the moment to sank our listeners because they endured it. And and Ben, can you read like like like some of the comments the listeners made because they embraced you, they loved you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my phone stopped working. There was lots of thoughts and prayers and there was some Dearest Ben, you gave me the best slow creeping smile I've ever had I've had in a while. That was one of them, said, I did have a little Brandy. You were so committed that see, there you go. I am committed to the show, Senator, even with the hiccups, I power through to fight the comedies every day. So the other I will say the number of sides.
Speaker 2: So like to be clear, man, I was impressive. I for one, I'm not sure it was about a back injury. I just think you were hammered and hicketping because you had like ninety two beers that night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: I have no basis in fact, I just figured i'd say that because it's fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's fun. I do appreciate all the Verdict listeners who sent in and made sure that I had every possible hiccup remedy in the history of mankind. So they were they're committed listeners that gave.
Speaker 2: Last time, I told told Ben my father's rule. Yeah, which is in eighty seven years in life, he has never hiccup twice. And I got to say, I love my dad, but he's not a terribly shall we say, understanding soul. There you go, and he really does. I've hiccuped twice, and and and and he really does view it as a fundamental moral failing. Not saying anything, Ben, I'm just saying that's my dad's world view.
Speaker 1: I did, true story. I did go to bed after four am because I could not get them to stop. It was that long.
Speaker 2: Are you look at that? That sucks? I'm sorry man, that it was.
Speaker 1: It was. It was four hours straight before the show. Then they went away, then they started halfway through the show, and then literally I could not go to bed until about four fifteen.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a nightmare, all right. Let me talk about something worse. Let's talk about commie prosecutors in Virginia. I want to read you a press release from the Department of Justice.
Speaker 1: Hold on, before we get to that, I got to ask you a question. Can you buy real bitcoin in your retirement account? Well, if not, it's time to upgrade to bitcoin IRA. It's twenty twenty six and cryptocurrency is where so many investors are going and diversifying. And you can buy and sell bitcoin inside a tax advantage IRA with bitcoin IRA, and that gives you more ways to diversify and grow your retirement savings. Security is their number one priority, and your assets are protected by military grade multi key security and you're covered up to two hundred and fifty million in digital asset insurance as well. So what are you waiting for? Get in the bitcoin game today and call and talk to a real person six six six seven nine seven eight seven to one. That's eight sixty six six seven nine seven eight seven to one. Or go online to bitcoinira dot com slash ben to open a free account and earn up to one thousand dollars bonus. That's bitcoin ira dot com slash ben to open a free account and earn up to one thousand dollars bonus. Now, all right, now back to your press conference and the and the and the and everything that we've got in detail on this story.
Speaker 2: Press release for the Department of Justice. Justice Department notifies Fairfax County, Virginia Commonwealth Attorney of investigation into his plea bargaining charging decisions and sentencing policy. Today, the Justice Department notified the Fairfax County, Virginia Commonwealth's Attorney, Steve Descano, of the initiation of a federal investigation of the commonwealth attorneys flea bargaining charging decisions and sentencing policy. The Justice Department Civil Rights Division will investigate whether the Office of the Fairfax Commonwealth's Attorney discriminated against United States citizens by offering preferential treatment only to illegal alien criminal defendants. Now, stop for a second. How is this possible? What kind of prosecutor that says, given every criminal defendant in front of us, let's discriminate against US citizens and let's favor illegal aliens. Well, that is, in fact what is happening in Northern Virginia.
Speaker 1: It's not only happening, but I think when you look at the reach, what you realize is George Soros understood that he was going to be able to buy access to power. He was going to be able to then use those individuals however he wanted to, because he's the one that got them elected, and that meant going easy on the people that he said, regardless of what the law says, are the actual criminal illegal immigrants, including if they are committing HAINUS crimes. If he says you let him go, you look the other way. I'm the one that got you elected. Apparently that's exactly what happened in this scenario.
Speaker 2: Well, let me go through the facts and There's an article written by Tim Carning entitled Tim Steve Descano America's worst prosecutor. Here's what it says. Murderers, rapists, perverts, and pimps. These are the folks served by Fairfax County Prosecutor Steve Descano, The George Soros funded commonwealth attorney for the su Bourbon county of one million, has openly stated he won't enforce the law when it clashes with his ideology. The results have been ugly. Richard Cox was already a serial sex offender when he exposed himself in a women's locker room in Fairfax, but Discano let him go, and he proceeded to expose himself in a high school girl's locker room. Abdul Jalla was arrested more than thirty times, including for malicious wounding, but was repeatedly set free. He is now accused of stabbing Stephanie Mintner to death. On February twenty third, Gret Glire was executed in his bed in a calculated assassination. Descano last month let the killer go with an insanity plea and a Chinese pimp ran a brothel in a residential neighborhood across the street from a school bus stop. While police did everything they could to shut it down, Discano's office dropped the prostitution charges and let the place continue operating until the Republican Attorney General got it shuddered. These are just a few of the stories that illustrate Discano's extreme tolerance of criminals and harmed constituents. Discano is in office because of left wing billionaire George Soros. Discano was first elected as Fairfax County's Commonwealth Attorney in twenty nineteen, when he knocked off the incumbent Raymond Morrow in the Democrat primary, winning by fifteen hundred votes in a low turnout election. Discano raised about one million dollars one million dollars between the primary and the general election, a shocking amount for a down ballot county race. About two thirds of his cash came from two Soros funded organizations, the Justice and Public Safety Pack and the New Virginia Majority Pack. This is a pattern, It's a pattern over and over again, George Soros and the radical leftist the Mark Fisks. Then they've discovered a vulnerability in our democracy, in our constitutional republic, which is they can can elect what are now called Soros das, and these are das that make the decision we're going to release murderers, we're going to release rapists, We're going to lease violent criminals. You know, you think about it. Virtually every Democrat in the Senate has voted repeatedly in favor of abolishing the police. That is a radical and nutty idea. Five years ago, if you asked any person or your favor of abolishing the police, people would say no, no, that's crazy. Well, today's Democrat party that is now mainstream. There are two ways you abolish the police. One, you cut off the funding and shut down the police. And we've seen Democrat cities do that from New York City to Minneapolis to sadly Austin, Texas and our home state of Texas. But the second way you abolish the police is you elect a Soorros DA. You flood millions of dollars from George Soros, you elect a DA. And by the way, the police cannot enforce the law. If the DA will not prosecute, doesn't do any good for the police to arrest someone. If the DA says, you know what, we're going to let these violent criminals go, and so now you've got the Department of Justice going after this elected Soros DA for giving sweetheart deals to illegal immigrants and favoring illegal immigrants over US citizens. It is shocking, And the most shocking thing is it's not shocking that is. Look, I think George Soros and his team of cronies have discovered a vulnerability in our democrat society and and and we need to fight back against this.
Speaker 1: How do you fight back against this? I mean, when you when you see the deals that are being made, I think every American should be outraged over this. Illegal immigrants should not be able to walk away from the laws that they're breaking, but American systems be held accountable for breaking those same laws. But if you, as you mentioned, if you have a DA that decides to do this us, what are our options after that? And when you look into this investigation, I gotta say, this can't be just happening in one place. It's probably happening by activist das all over the country. If this is the kickback that in essence Soros was guaranteeing himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the way you do it, as you do what we're doing right now, you shine a light on it. You go to feed him in elections, you go run candidates against him, You go run and say, let me say a radical idea, violent criminals should be in jail. Let me give you some facts about Fairfax County DA Steve Descano. He reduced rape, which is normally punishable by up to life in prison, to misdemeanor assault, ninety days suspended sentence, no jail.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: He dropped gun possession by illegal alien to brandishing. The result of it is he is released over and over again violent criminals and violent criminal ieal aliens. But I'll tell you Virginia's having a tough week because not only do they have a radical DA who the Department of Justice is now investigating, but the head of the top Democrat in the state legislature, this extremely left wing democrat, Virginia Senate President pro Tempore Louise Lucas, has now had her offices raided by the FBI. Raided by the FBI for corruption. The FBI is executed court authorized federal search war in Portsmouth, Virginia, an FBI spokesperson told The Washington Examiner, adding there's no threat to public safety. This is an ongoing investigation. Now, what is the investigation. By the way, this particular left wing democrat, she was the leading author of Virginia's Democrat Gerrymander that took their six' Five democrat majority the congressional delegation and drove it to ten to. One and by the, way this particular democrat was particularly mad at. Me so WHEN i pointed out that this was a corruption of democracy to take a state where nearly half of the citizens voted For Donald trump and to jerry mander it so that ten seats would Be democrat one would Be, republican she, responded blasting. Me she, said you all started, it blasting, me we effing finished. It, WELL i got to, say right, now she's being prosecuted for, corruption prosecuted for corruption in particular favoring marijuana distribution. Locations it's an investigation examining possible corruption and bribery related to marijuana dispensary. Businesses and this is a, bad bad week for left wing Radical democrats In.
Speaker 1: Virginia all, Right, senator this is a very interesting and just weird. Story you have a Liberal democratic Congresswoman Jack, howell who is Defies President trump to literally go work with a foreign, Country, cuba to try to get them. Oil And i'm pretty sure that If i'm looking at this the right, way this could be against the. Law what she's now trying to do is again advocate For.
Speaker 2: Cuba right, Now, Well, ben let me make a statement THAT i don't want to be, true AND i want to make the, statement and then we're going to assess the facts to determine if it's. True here's the. Statement too many Elected democrats In congress Hate america and actively aggressively and enthusiastically support the communist enemies Of. America, now AS i say, that listen to someone who loves our. COUNTRY i hate saying those. WORDS i don't want them to be. TRUE i want you to listen to the words Of Permeila, jayapol who is a left, wing progressive communist member of The Democrat party From. Washington listened to what she had to say about what she's been Doing.
Speaker 3: Landing In, January trump issued an executive order threatening tariffs on any country's supply of fuel To. Cuba this was This, january just a few months, ago and oil shipments From, venezuela that's Where cuba had been getting it's, oiled were halted after THE us operations to Kidnap Nicholas. Baduro Since, january only One russian tanker of oil has made it To. Cuba in, fact it landed just a couple of days BEFORE i. Landed and one tanker has enough oil basically for ten to fourteen days Of cuba's oil, needs so it's a very limited amount of. Time Now russia said they're going to send another. TANKER i was in conversations with the ambassadors From mexico and some other, places AND i know other countries In Latin america trying to figure out how to get oiled their. Body it is a crisis beyond. Imagination just this Past, friday On may, First trump signed a broad executive order that widens sanctions and allows for new penalties similar to what we have For iran And, russia against foreign base and firms that are dealing With. Cuba and it also reinforces the ban ON us. TOURISM i have called these sanctions an economic bombing of the infrastructure Of. Cuba it is, illegal it is against the war. Being you're talking about this In. Iran, obviously to bomb the infrastructure of any country that is against international. Law this is essentially doing the same. Thing it is bombing the infrastructure Of cuba with economic sanctions that essentially ensure that the infrastructure.
Speaker 1: Collapses there's something interesting that she said. There she kept saying the Kidnap maduro like it was a crime. Center i'm, like WHICH i mean? This like whose side is she? On is it on the side Of maduro And? Cuba because the way she said it, there she was saying like it was a crime What america was.
Speaker 2: Doing so, listen there used to be a rule that politics ends at our water's. EDGE i like that. RULE i liked a time where we, said, Gosh democrats And republicans will, disagree will disagree on how high the top marginal tax rate should, be will disagree on some policy. Questions but when it comes to Defending, america when it comes to standing With american servicemen and, women when it comes to standing up against her, Enemies we're going to stand. United, sadly that is not this World Representative, jayapaul Who i've never. Met she's a, very very left. Wing she is part of the. Squad she is part OF aoc and Ilhan omar and these extremely left Wing house. Members look when she says the kidnapping Of Nicholas. MADUURA i Understand Niolas mudua was indicted for being a massive narco. Trafficker OUR fbi came down executed a legitimate arrest. Warrant The Delta force accompanied them to carry out that arrest. Warrant she describes it as the. Kidnapping that is language that is identical to what every enemy Of america would. Say the LAST i checked executing a legitimate arrest. Warrant Nicholas maduro number, one he's a tyrant who's responsible for massive oppression of his, people for, murder for, Torture for he has Destroyed, venezuela just Like Hua chavis. Has but you know, what that's not what he was indicted. For that's not what he was arrested. For he is a huge narco trafficker and he has killed thousands Of americans through the drugs he flooded into this. Country and her view Is Nicholas maduro is the. Victim it is the Evil american government that dared arrest this narco. Trafficker so On, cuba understand she is. Unambiguous she stands with The cuban communist. Government AND i will say this my family was imprisoned and tortured By cuban. COMMUNISTS i don't take this as. CUTE i don't take this as. FUN i get that she's From Washington. STATE i guess there are a bunch of leftists who snapped their fingers at. Yes, yes, yes communism is wonderful because they're soft and weak and they Hate American BUT i gotta say the idea that they are actively trying to smuggle fuel Into cuba because their objective is they want the communist regime In cuba to stand to, EXIST i find. Infuriating, Look, ben did you ever have a chance to meet MY? I, YES i actually did once at an election. Event, okay my Theo sonia my. Aunt she's my father's kid's. SISTER i adored. Her she was an, amazing spectacular. Person she passed away earlier this. Year. Yeah my, nickname What i've called her my whole, life is My, theoloka which Is spanish for crazy. Ant she was a. Fireball she died at eighty. Two she lived a wonderful, life a life THAT i. Celebrate she was In cuba after the. Revolution she fought in The Cuban. Revolution she was tortured In cuban prisons when she was. Dying she lived In. Dallas she was fading away earlier this, year and she was on her. Deathbed we all knew she was. Going AND i told. Her it was right After badua had been. Arrested AND i told, HER i, Said, diah we just Arrested. Madua cuba's Next cuba is going to. Fall AND i got to say the look of way in her. Face and and there are millions of people In, america millions Of Cubans, americans millions Of Venezuelan, americans millions Of Chinese americans And Korean, americans and everyone who has been a victim of communism who has, understood, listen, BEN i believe communism is the most evil ideology that the world has ever. Produced there's been no ideology In american history and world history that has resulted in more, murder more, torture more, slavery more, oppression more, poverty and more misery than than Than. China and to listen to an elected member Of, congress a leader of The Democrat party saying she desperately wants to smuggle fuel in because her objective is to save the communist government In. CUBA i gotta say it will be an amazing. THING i don't know what's going to happen In, cuba but we have a greater opportunity right now than at any point in my lifetime to see the communist regime. Fall and then here's WHAT i want to see. HAPPEN i want to see this communist regime. FALL i want to see a new government In cuba that is democratically, elected that is, legitimate that that is just two, things that embraces free, markets and that wants to be friends With. America and let me tell you what that will look like if that. Happens Number, ONE i would love to See cuba be this, oasis a free, enterprise much like A singapore or A Hong kong Before china took it. OVER i think it could be. Extraordinary but number, Two cuba has a massive. Advantage there are millions Of cuban, Expats cubans who Fled, cuba came To america seeking, freedom who If cuba had a free market government that was friends With, america would eagerly invest In. Cuba there would be billions of, dollars tens of billions of dollars that would be invested In, cuba you would see a mass of. Capital cuba is stuck in the dark. Ages it's like going To cuba And i've never. BEEN i will go To cuba when we have a Free. CUBA i do not wish to go To cube under. Communism But, cuba the cars they. Drive do you know the cars they drive are from the nineteen. Fifties it's like the Movie The land That Time. Forgot when the revolution, happened the cars, stopped the, innovation stop the, food stop the, misery stop the, poverty everything frozen. Time And i'll tell You cuba has some of the most beautiful beaches in the face of the. Planet if we have a free market government that's friends With, america we will see this tourist. Oasis billions of dollars flooding Into. Cuba and it's just ninety miles off the coast Of. America and what befuddles. MAN i want to ask you This ben take him in. It get in the mind of a leftist Congress Wan premier J Pal why would you root For cuban communists Over america sor? Right.
Speaker 1: SENATRA i want to get into you got to take a tour of, neuralink and for people that don't know what neuralink, Is number, one explain it to, us what the technology is and where this could be taking.
Speaker 2: Us, well let me say our first three stories on today's pod had been a little. Depressing number. One a Radical George SOROS da In virginia Favoring elliel immigrants Over american, citizens releasing, murderers, rapists violent. Criminals that's. Disturbing number. Two the Lead democrat The Virginia senate for offices rated by THE fbi for, corruption for corruption CONCERNING fbi or concerning marijuana, dispensaries that's. Disturbing Number. Three A democrat member of The house opens supporting Communist, cuba trying to do everything she can to smuggle fuel Into cuba so the communist regime continues oppressing the. People that's disturbing this last. SEGMENT i don't want you guys to be. DOWN i want to give you a moment of. OPTIMISM i want to give you a moment of. Hope today In, Austin, TEXAS i toured the facilities Of. Neuralink neuralink is a company started By Elon. Musk elon is a good friend of. MINE i Know elon very. WELL i got to, say neuralink feels like it's not. Real it feels like it's something out of science. FICTION i toured their. Facilities their facilities are. Amazing here's what they're. Doing they're creating technology that can implant in the human brain to help people who have lost basic, abilities who have lost, mobility who have lost, speech who've lost, sight to turn that around and give them a life. Again, so for, example what they. Do they have a unit and then it's a unit about the size of the, quarter so it's a little round. Disc most of it is a. Battery and what they will do is they will drill a hole in someone's skull out the size of the. Quarter they will implant the, unit and there are one hundred and twenty eight little, filaments little. Strands they are incredibly. Thin they're thinner than a strand of. Hair they have a robot surgeon that will place each of these one hundred and twenty eight strands into different places in the brain where the sort of round quarter sized piece is being embedded inside the. Skull what this will, do so let's take someone with, als an incredibly debilitating disease that incapacitates, people makes them unable to, move unable to communicate what they're able to. Do or let's take someone that has a spinal cord entry that had a horrible, accident broke their spinal, cord and so they're apparently. Quadriplegic they can't, walk they can't move their. Arms neuralink is embedding these units in people's skulls that enable people who are paralyzed to move. Again they have all sorts of different. Mechanisms, so for, example they have one mechanism they're experimenting, with which is robot. Arms robot. Arms so someone Imagine god forbid and look. Better you AND i are, blessed and most of the folks listening are. Blessed we have our physical. Health imagine the nightmare of being a, quadriplegic of being unable to. Move what neuralink lets you do is you can think and just your thoughts can move robot, arms so you can pick things, up you can feed, yourself you can manipulate, things you can have the ability to. Move not only that for people with als or other debilitating. Diseases let's say you're unable to speak neuralink right, now is able to implant the the threads in your brain and you're able to, think and the computer will speak for. You AND i watched that they've been planeted, it they've been. Planted they've done a lot of animal expert, experimentation mostly on sheep with great. Success they've been planted it in twenty five human. Beings and you have people who are unable to speak that they think and a computer will, SAY i am speaking to you right. Now this is me. Thinking can you? Imagine look the madness of feeling imprisoned in a cage in your brain where your brain is. Functional you're, smart you're, aware you're able to, think but your body has shut. Down you cannot. Communicate neuralink lets someone communicate by the. Way it also lets THEM i saw amazing. Videos it lets them, control for, example a computer cursor online so you can draw art just. Thinking you can control the art and express. YOURSELF i saw one woman who was paralyzed just weeping that she was able to have artistic. Expression another component of it that is, amazing, then is people who are. Blind people either born blind or say they've had an injury that damaged their eyes or their optic. Nerves so they can't. See neuralink is working on the technology so that you can have a camera see what's in front of, you and they broadcast that image to your brain so you're able to. See so this is technology that lets people who are paralyzed cripple move and walk and have their arms and have the ability to engage in the, world that lets people who are blind, see and lets people who cannot speak. Speak it is truly it's a combination of magic and science fiction and all of that is happening in our great state Of. Texas it is unbelievable.
Speaker 1: INNOVATION i can't, imagine by the, way how many people could be affected by this in a positive.
Speaker 2: Way. MILLIONS i was gonna, Say i'm.
Speaker 1: Assuming they gave you a briefing on. That so it is in the.
Speaker 2: Millions so they have tens of thousands of people who have signed up for their waiting. List so look the, process and they talk to me about this they're, doing like watching their. Factory they're designing these. Neuralinks they have. These SO i met with their, team their. Neurosurgeons so when they go in for someone for a human that's going in for the, operation the neurosurgeon will will cut someone's the skin away from their, scalp will carve a little hole in their skull about the size of the. Quarter and by the, way where they locate it depends on what they're trying to. Do so it's one place in the skull if they're trying to do mobility because you're unable to, move it's a different place in the. Skull if they're trying to do, site it's a different place in the skull if they're trying to do, speech because they're different parts of the, brain the brain that does all. That but the neurosurgeon will cut it. Open but then the way they attach one hundred and twenty eight tiny little, filaments it's really. Cool they built these robots that will just it's a needle that it's a tiny thin needle that will place each of these filaments in different spots so that the filaments are in a place to connect with the neurons and to fill the voids that we. Have AND i will say they expressed frustration that THE fda can be slow during the process of approving and one of the Dynamics china is rushing to develop this same technology And, china the approvals are almost, instantaneous and THE fda it is, very very. Slow i'm working to speed this up because like the ability to pure. Disease Imagine god, forbid you Were Christopher, read you Were. Superman incredibly Like verryle strong, person you get in an accident riding a, horse you break your neck and are, Paralyze imagine the transformational gift of being able to move. Again that's what this technology is. Doing And i'm so proud that it's happening in our great state Of. Texas it's.
Speaker 1: Awesome don't forget we did this show three days a week as a, Podcast so make sure you stay with. Us hit that subscriber auto download button wherever you get your, podcasts and the. CENTER i will see you back here on this radio station as well next. Week have a great. Week