Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: Speaking of volatility, we want to talk about some shows that are not having the greatest time or shall we move forward?
Speaker 4: Who are you talking about? What show you talking about?
Speaker 5: What's the blueprint?
Speaker 3: Having a long term running media Empire and show with Shot and Troy.
Speaker 5: Well we can skip it positive places.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of breakups happening to Troy. Do you have any marriage advice for those who may be going through a tough time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, communicate openly.
Speaker 6: Communication is the key, and I've been big on being present, uh, for for everyone in moments where you have allocated time. So if I've made a day and I've said I'm allocating to this, I'm dedicated to that, then my full presence is there in that moment.
Speaker 5: But as far as like our shows, I.
Speaker 6: Think communication is the key, mutual respect is key, and value add I think those those are three ooners that we've seen some people lack.
Speaker 5: But that's something that you know, we've heard try to talk about a bunch, right.
Speaker 6: We don't know how to effectively communicate with each other, whether it be in the streets, whether it be in business, whether it be on the team, and so it's a skill that is not taught, but it's a skill that needs to be learned. So if we can leave by demonstration, so be it.
Speaker 7: I would say as far as breakups, it almost impossible that it ever works out.
Speaker 4: There's always exceptions to the rule. Ninety percent of people.
Speaker 7: When you look at music groups, when you look at podcasters, people that left, they never made more money than what they did when they were with the band.
Speaker 4: The band never does better, migos, The band never does better separately than it does collectively.
Speaker 5: You said, I just said, I said, you agree, just said that, not even sent.
Speaker 7: So, because when you're leaving, you're looking at it from like what you're not getting or you could be a bigger star. It's never gonna be perfect, but the collective made you who you are. Your ego is going to drop you tremendously. Happens all the time. This is important lesson for everybody to understand. You're never gonna be happy. It's to be able to accept where you are.
Speaker 3: It's always going to be harder to not be in that spot that you're in if you don't like it too.
Speaker 8: That's the other part. I don't think this talked about enough.
Speaker 3: Is like bring more value than if you want more value to be given to.
Speaker 7: You, yeah, or just accept it like Dennis Rodman right accepted his role as a rebounder's a defensive player, never was a twenty point scorer, never led the league and assists never you know, but that's his role for the team. You leave the team, now you're putting your career at jeopardy. So I think it's important to understand your role for the team and accept it and be okay with it, because when you leave, nine times out of ten, you're going to be in a worse situation than you were previously. Very rarely do you leave and you're in a better situation. Happens, but most of the time it doesn't. Most of the time. Most of the time when these groups break up, than never the same. Can I ask something twelve was never the same?
Speaker 4: Jagged Edge is.
Speaker 5: Not the one twelfth now Drew Hill got six members?
Speaker 4: Fat Fat Boys was never the same?
Speaker 5: In peace?
Speaker 7: Can I ask them to your point because what you're saying Rockefeller Records was never the same?
Speaker 6: To the point of accepting your role inside of that acceptance, it needs to be a level of excellence inside of it, right, So like, if this is going to be my role, then I need to be exceptional at it. I can't be mediocre at it, Like I need to be exceptional at it. So that analogy were used with Robin Yes when he was on Detroit. He accepted that role, but he made it a challenge to say, you know, I'm going to be the best defender. I'm going to be the best rebounder. I might not be the best teammate, right, or maybe he is. Some of his teammates will say he is, but I'm going to be I'm going to be exceptional at.
Speaker 5: The thing that my role has mitigated me to be.
Speaker 6: And most people don't do that. They'll say, all right, this is my role. Well, this is my role, this is what I got to do. Nah, be great at it. Be great at it because in the event that you do leave, and like you said, most of the times, not even said it probably won't work. But if you're excellent and you excel at the role that you had, you can take that role somewhere else. Now I'm probably not gonna have the same level of success most times, but you've excelled in an area, it's never going to work out. Instead of looking at where you should be, look at where you came from. You could be homeless, right, and now y'all working together, and now you became a millionaire, and you're thinking that you're.
Speaker 4: Not where you should be, so you leave to pursue your own personal thing.
Speaker 7: But look at where you actually came from. It's actually America that you actually achieved the success that you did achieve, and that's because of the team work. So this is a story we can kind of just keep saying over and over again. It's going to keep happening because its human nature. Human nature is always going to be proud ego. It's always going to be somebody else in your ear. It's the story of Othello. There's always going to be whisperers in your ear that will so deceit, that will feed your ego. And after a while, it's only so much that a person can hear before they start to believe with they're hearing.
Speaker 4: And then it.
Speaker 7: Changes the dynamic and now they start to be passive, aggressive, They start to act out of character. They do things like come late on purpose, a variety of different things that you see happening. And this is bigger than just shows, but it just happens in the workplace. It happens, and no matter how many times, no matter how many examples that you see, it's going to continue to happen because human nature, especially men, human nature will always.
Speaker 4: Lead to breakups it just happens.
Speaker 7: Unfortunately, And like I said, you would think that people would just learn from other people's success, like Yo, Nah, Rockefeller was never jay Z is still jay Z. But the vast majority are those people It didn't work out for them the same way it was when they were together.
Speaker 4: You would think like, all right, let's use this as an example. No, it's not. It's gonna continue to happen.
Speaker 3: Put out a post last week that a podcasts in two point oh, this version of the business model was dead.
Speaker 5: Erners, what's up?
Speaker 6: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works, like the checkout is fast, or seats are digital, tipping is a breeze and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, It's about giving you time back so you can focus.
Speaker 5: On what matters most Ready.
Speaker 6: To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding a professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day.
Speaker 5: It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring.
Speaker 6: To save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you were here illegally, your you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department at Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: And some people like, why are you still doing the show? I'm like, well, our show has been profitable from inception. I think the business models need to change. But if we look at Spotify over the last fiscal years, spotify profit margin is negative three point six percent. Operate margin is negative six point nine percent. Gross margin is only twenty four point nine and the ebit of margin is negative five point four nine four percent. Return on assets is negative twelve. Return on equity for Spotify's negative forty two percent. So if they are a market maker and they put a billion dollars into shows and they are net negative, what does that tell you about most to the people who are in the space. And I'm going to say a lot of you music executives who tried to pull the ok on a lot of black artists and got them to run over the same trick that you're trying to pull, We're not gonna let that shit fly. I still can't get told with the real answer what a show listener or a stream is worth.
Speaker 7: And it happens like I read that, I read every comment. This happens with this show. We've we've we've have a partnership that works. We've had a platform, ian had expertise, We've come together. It's a back and forth dynamic. It's a ask questions, answers the questions. We add our commentary to the questions. It's been a successful formula here. We've done shows, we've done a world tour made money. This is a formula that has worked. And I see comments every once in a while, but I see comments in I can't wait for you to leave and do your own spell. Well that well, that's that's your soul, a level of deceit that it's not needed. Yeah, but it's also speaks to the level of dysfunction that we have as people. I wouldn't even say this black people, just as people, right. Yeah, whenever something works too well, we want to ruin it. Mm hmmm, you want.
Speaker 8: To change somebody's Like, Yo, y'all changed.
Speaker 3: I know y'all didn't get to hang around Diddy byle you still talking via O v T. I.
Speaker 8: I'm like, I've been talking.
Speaker 3: The same ship since then and I still ain't at puff, Like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 8: Like what we didn't get it.
Speaker 3: I didn't get initiated into Dojah's Illuminati. Like and also to even when doing more shows, if you most people are not illuminati.
Speaker 8: Shot to those the album decent. It sounds like the funding out there.
Speaker 3: But you know Sam smith Ian in his Illuminati, you know.
Speaker 7: But now I stop doing that because they do that all the time all the time. We'll be at the NBA Finals and like, where's MG the mortgage guy. I don't know, I don't know where's that? Like everybody's not together all the time. Like I'm saying, like, stop doing that.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 6: It happens if if you're not somewhere right and I'm there, the first thing you'll ask.
Speaker 5: Like I could be with my probably with his baby. I don't know. They mean they see us together all.
Speaker 4: The time, but stop doing that. It's unnecessary.
Speaker 8: I told you before we were coming.
Speaker 3: I did the podcast and this guy was like, man, I'm missing when you were Risha, I argued, I'm like, why.
Speaker 5: A shotty you switch roles with the end think you're arguing that.
Speaker 8: He can have another jacket.
Speaker 5: Cool.
Speaker 8: I'm so peaceful, drinking out little coconut water.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Cool, Because I told everybody like once I got done yelling in the Vegas two years ago, and y'all don't listen. Cool, I'm gonna let y'all deal with what I told you about coin base. Oh god, you don't know, all right?
Speaker 8: Cool?
Speaker 3: I feel your coin base negative profit margin of eighty two percent, negative operating margin of forty eight percent, negative e but the margin of fifty point eight percent.
Speaker 8: FTX blows up and.
Speaker 3: Here comes Larry Fink and Jamie Diamond at the same damn time, Like, let me pick up all these assets to run the shit to the moment the.
Speaker 7: Same damn Tom And once again, this is the last thing I'll say about this as a business, because this is a business.
Speaker 4: Lesson here.
Speaker 7: It's only gonna work if everybody can put their egos aside, if everybody can accept their roles, and if everybody's eating, that's the only way it's gonna work. It's not gonna work if one of those things are missing out the equation, it's not gonna work. Everybody has to eat, everybody has to put their ego aside, and everybody has to accept their roles and everybody rolls are different, and you have to be okay with that. You have to be okay that sometimes people will excel faster than you and they will have different opportunities that you don't have, and that's something that you have to be okay with. You're not Everybody can't be Joe Montana. Yeah, everybody can't be Deon Sanders. Everybody can't be Michael Jordan. Right, these are all champions. The reason why I use these examples because everybody want to ring. Everybody made money. Now, so made Michael Jordan made more money than Craig Elow he did. He's he's more of a special person. Yeah, he's more of a special person.
Speaker 5: A Champ. Steve Curry would be Steve. Yeah.
Speaker 7: So when you're in your business, accept that, be okay with it, and that's how everybody's going to accelerate. The moment that you don't accept it and the moment that you tried to fight against it, well, Kevin Durant left one of the greatest teams of all time. There's no need for that situation to happen. It was internal issues from a variety of different people inside of the organization.
Speaker 4: Shout to Katie.
Speaker 7: I'm not blaming him, but I'm just saying this is a This is a perfect example. You have literally one of the greatest teams ever assembled. There's no need to break it up. There's no need to pride and ego. Not accepting your roles, not accepting people that are higher levels than yourself. This is this. This goes back to canaan a. This goes back to the beginning of time.
Speaker 5: That's a great example.
Speaker 7: This goes back to the beginning of time, Like, I mean, we have to stop stop doing that because it's never going to be the same.
Speaker 4: It's never going to be the same.
Speaker 5: That's a great example.
Speaker 8: Jordan Pole called him an expensive backpack. He deserved that plight for once that came out, I was like, what you expect that?
Speaker 6: That was what I mean, That's what he said, right, Like when they got in that argument when Birst the Clippers, when he didn't pass on the ball and there was no repercussion. For he realized that the dynamics had changed, and this is what's.
Speaker 5: Gonna be somewhere he could stay.
Speaker 4: Yep, be mindful, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts and MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,