Speaker 1: They know us, they watched film, they know what's coming, and you still can't stop it. And when you do, just know we're coming right back at you. Might not play you the next year, but when we play you again, just no, we ain't forget and we will come right back at you.
Speaker 2: You didn't bring the hard way. Listen. You might have won Offensive Player of the Year, but that is strike one. You did not tell me to bring the hard way. I thought if I if I won Offensive Player of the Year, I would probably just be walking around with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you had it literally last When was it a couple of nights ago? Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, obviously once you have it, you have it. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I'm saying it was literally on you like last night, like he just got in. Was it like last night or two nights ago?
Speaker 2: Saturday night? Hey, go and put that mic up to you because I had them. I am excited to see you again. Derek Henry.
Speaker 3: Here, ladies, gentlemen, brought to you by bar Still sports the best rushing season of anybody else.
Speaker 2: You don't need to do whatever you want. You might need to take the chains out there because it messes with the mic and it actually has like a static thing. She might take them off? Is that real? God? Damn, Will, I'm going I have a problem. I have a serious problem.
Speaker 3: All right, Yeah, shaken, let's let's locked in shaking.
Speaker 2: Oh, I bet you are. Will's had a rough time when I got in the bus. I was giving Will hell hell about being all over Twitter but not hanging out with his friends. But we'll just skim over that. We'll start. I've missed the hell out of you. I missed you.
Speaker 3: We we had a nice argument this morning, a very nice argument. We'll get Are we going in detail right now? We shouldn't go into detail right now? Getta wait, let's wait, not right now.
Speaker 2: This episode is brought to you by bus or Barsool Sports with the Boys, Busting with the Boys subscribe rate five stars. Get the merch Busting with the Boys dot com. You go to barstool slash Busting right barstool, Barstool sports dot com, slash store, slash store, and then you can find us in there. We're everywhere, all right by the merch subscriber five stars. Derrick Henry Rushing Leader uh fucking hardware Extraordinary is on our bus today. It's an absolute, absolute fashion icon, fashion icon, the only guy in the world to put a highlighters yellow suit on and it looks amazing. I dug this suit. Yeah, yeah, I thought it was fine. Well, is that your favorite? Two you ever warned? Have you worn another suit that you're like, all right, this is better? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've had some pretty good one, but that was just different, just because I haven't seen nobody wear that color, you know, back it all because I had from the shoes the whole thing. Man shout out the Apple legacy, no free shoutouts, but no shouts. She the one did it for me. She made it all happen. It kind of felt like a Nike drop it suit really because it was Florida, so she didn't want me to be hot, but it was.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 3: Do you have a stylist or you pick a lot of your stuff out on your vision?
Speaker 2: Does it start with you or you kind of just let them do the thing.
Speaker 1: Well, it's kind of like so and so, like she sends me ideas that she has and then you know, we just go back and forth on if I like them, and I just want to make some changes. But sometimes I come up Sometimes I come up with IU this and sometimes you come up with this, but it always works. That's actually a little bition on that one. So I was already you're super into fashion.
Speaker 3: Like I mean, it'll be It'll be week seventeen, Wednesday morning, we have an eight am meeting and you'll walk in and you'll be head to toe dressed up.
Speaker 2: It's pretty impressive during a outfits. Yeah, jim shorts, T shirt, hoodies, sweatpants.
Speaker 3: He came in one time he had like the I call uh they look like SpongeBob air Force ones or something like that, like the furry like yellow ones. And then you had a full like not a yellow suit, but like a yellow like jumpsuit. Smelling he's always smelling good, no pause, But he's just always comes and it's like early in the morning.
Speaker 2: Like always, he always smells good and he always comes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how early do you wake up to prep for the day and pick out your night.
Speaker 1: People always ask me if I pick out my stuff at night. I really just wake up and I go in my closet and I'd be like, just just look.
Speaker 2: And see what he's gonna take a few minutes what I want to wear. Then I make a decision.
Speaker 3: Do you do you ever put something on, check it out and like just during a week day and be like this ain't it. This ain't it, and then go back and take off clothes back. I'll where it's like, you know, tomorrow or something. I definitely.
Speaker 2: When the season first started, Derek like walked in her power walks up to me and he hands me this shoe box and it leans to me. What do you say? Is A don't say I never did nothing for you, and he kind of like walks away. I'm like, god, all right, and I started to open it up like hot, like one of the those are off whites. Give him the fear of gods, fear of gods, like I want warm. That day I gave him to him. I haven't seen him on this seex since well I put him that I put him on that day. I mean I went to meet he wore his house for two hours. I've never seen him post so put him all. Yeah, they're still they're in my basement right now that I stared at all the time you wore him. One time you brought him out. You're like, Derek got me these and you walked around that he walked on the basement. We had that game night thing. Yeah yeah, seeah, hey, I warm. I want to go pick up some cocoas ice cream for boys. You know you do the goat. He's a hey, I think we're approaching goat status with you. Two thousand yards, sixteen hundred and sixteen. Hey fifty, I have it on the jersey you gave me sixteen forty five last year fifteen forty fifteen forty fifteen.
Speaker 3: And then before we move on, I want to say what I thought you were favorite shop?
Speaker 2: What my favorite ship was that you were? I think I know what is it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: It was because I going out of my.
Speaker 3: Way a couple of times to come up, Yeah, hey man, this ship is fine. That's the one that you put b D Yeah, Twitter all snakes. Hey, he had the mask, he had the he had the shoes like everything, bro.
Speaker 1: Can I be honest? I was kind of upset. I wish I would have saved that one. I might have wore that one for.
Speaker 2: To forget the awards. That one is your favorite, That was one of my favorite. That one my top.
Speaker 3: But the.
Speaker 1: Y'all want to call it highlighter, But it worked out. I thought it looked good. I didn't know how I was gonna look on you know, television like the pictures, but it actually looked good when I.
Speaker 2: Put it on. Alex moving snails pace speed trained his own so straight. You're always red carpet ready, always right now, you literally go to the red carp with that outfit on.
Speaker 1: So y'all can't tell me when y'all pick off stuff. Y'all be like man like y'all. I mean, you just put on stuff like, okay, these pants, let me get a suit jacket, then get a didn't get a dress.
Speaker 2: Strike to wear?
Speaker 1: You you you you try to line it up so when you know what I'm saying, when you when you put it on and you get out in front of everybody, you want to look.
Speaker 2: I mean I've done a couple of times, like the Peaky Blinder suit.
Speaker 3: Like, there's a couple of times, but sometimes I'm just like the London thingull just be you today.
Speaker 2: Fire.
Speaker 3: That was fire, the pictures, the whole, the whole, none, the Peaky Blinder one.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah he looked in that what about year. Hey start off really turbulent. That takeoff was tough with the haircut and everything, but when it all came together coming through the only thing I would change about that is like the damn cigarette next time, Just like the cigarette next time.
Speaker 1: I can't say that was probably I was probably one of the top suits, the whole, the whole thing this season.
Speaker 2: Hey listen, I can't say that for you. I can say the whole Yeah. It does. When you kind of get like the first three weeks you kind of got lined up. At least for me, I like I'll put this on on that, on this right, and then like week five or six, I'm like, god, I'm kind of running out of okay.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what it is for me. I'm like, man, I just don't have shit. Yea, this is where it goes higher. Their haircut Was that planned for that or was that not? Was that set up for Yes, that haircut was set up for the Peaky Blinders fit the tough part of that. Here's what happened.
Speaker 3: Christmas was on Thursday, so the barbershop was closed on Thursday and Friday or whatever for the weekend.
Speaker 2: So I knew we were going on Saturday.
Speaker 3: So I was like, I'm gonna have to get this cut on Wednesday, and I'm gonna have to weather a little bit of a storm. I didn't know the storm would become what it was. I'm gonna have to weather a little bit of adversity going going in the locker room with this haircut on. But if guys have seen Peaky Blinders, you know they'll understand. Not a lot of people understood. Right when I walked in Malcolm's like, you look like you're about to shoot up a school, like like I was getting all kinds of jokes, just hilarious. But yeah, like, yeah, that was playing for the Peaky Blinder suit.
Speaker 2: You got that on Tuesday ordesday? It was, yeah, I think it was Wednesday, Wednesday, Wednesday. Yeah, because we go back to it. The barber did funk up though, because it's not clean all the way cross.
Speaker 3: So if you look at the right side, obviously you see that line to where it looks like somebody plays a little ball on it. No, I'm talking about that right side. That's yeah, bark to the plateau he cut it. I would have liked him to have won a little higher, just because because on you you see on Arthur Shelby's it goes all the way up to where his corner is.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie when I when I seen that, I was concerned.
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 1: I wasn't going to say anything, but once it hit social media and Sports Center and all that, I was like, okay, this has to be a joke, be cause when I first seen I was like, oh no, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Everyone was like everyone got that simple joke. Yeah. He text me and goes, hey, did you mean to do that? Or was that?
Speaker 3: And we were just laughing about it. But he cut my hair. He did the whole razor thing.
Speaker 2: He cut it. He turned me around.
Speaker 3: I looked at it and I started laughing like this and I was like, this looks ridiculous. I was like, but I want to keep this. I want to keep this. He's like, you do not do you want me to blend it? I can blend it. I go, I want to keep it right here. This is it. And then we got up from the chair. And then when no one knew what Pege Blinders was next morning, like whoever I was seeing that morning.
Speaker 2: Was like shit, oh yeah, I see.
Speaker 3: Well when Roger and if you guys came in that watched Peggy Blinders, they were like, hell yeah, this is awesome.
Speaker 2: So I was like, hey, I was like, boy, see this is real. This is real. But everyone was obviously clowning me for it.
Speaker 3: Half like two days straight when when I got the Peggy Blinder hat for Christmas, I wore that in but just to kind of continue to start to paint the vision.
Speaker 2: I was like, Hey, this is the haircut you have right now?
Speaker 7: Looks fine, Yeah, this is my regular morning norma a right, okay, yeah, But then if you just put the hat like you put the hat on that, what's the point of you even having the haircut.
Speaker 2: Why don't you just wear the hat with that haircut? And then you saved yourself for sure. But I wanted to be fully committed it. You know what I'm saying. I saw I watched the show I love the show. Start that. You just start that on Wednesday? True? True, true, true, you.
Speaker 1: Just start down on Wednesday. You would definitely full committed because I was. I was worried until Saturday, and what was it, maybe maybe two pm? When we got on the bus and I seen the post, I was, okay, this is thing, because at first I was like, there's no way, there's no way. You felt the back of your head and looked at your boss. I was I was like, this is this is what I wanted but now that the whole thing came out, I was like, okay, we're good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The barber was very concerned that I wasn't going to come back in. He was like, you know, can you come in? And I want to he was he saw he was like, he said, everybody, everybody here was just talking about hey, you're you're you're giving our barbershop a bad name. And I was like, And the next time I went in, I was like, guys, I listen. I told him this was fine. I wanted to do that. It's literally all good. Go to the pee blinder post. Yeah, the pee blinder post. But yeah, when I felt the back of my head, I was concerned, this is this is that Jack Garrett's house.
Speaker 2: When I dropped off the Christmas gift and paid them, and you're like, hey, here's a Christmas gift, here's your money, and good outside and take these I said, we gotta.
Speaker 3: I said, we got to get these photos because on our away games, Donald's not there to take the photos.
Speaker 2: Exactly why did you do on the way games? Because the COVID stuff.
Speaker 3: So when he wasn't there, I was like, I I was like, I cannot let this haircut. I cannot let this all happen and not get the shots of what I was trying to And that's how.
Speaker 1: I felt about the snakes snakeskins suit. I was like, there is no way impossible. I didn't put this on and there we don't get all the photo only the only the only whatever motion I get is Will tweeting about it.
Speaker 2: And there's no there is no proof of what I got iPhone selfie. Look at there, it's fitted. That's it.
Speaker 3: I'm like, where is Donald at I know Donald, because he'd be like, hey, I'm in you know this part of the stadium when you walk in. By the time you're going to the stadium, like it's out of the mode of like the fit.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, get more, get up. I'm more of like yeah, like let's I can't get away with it. And it made me feel better.
Speaker 3: It was like maybe, I mean I didn't get the picture, but Will Will appreciated.
Speaker 2: You didn't get a lot of pictures. You should have just worn it again. You can't do that.
Speaker 3: I took I got my picture because you know, it's also different going to the stadium. You're like, I'm not gonna go fully zooted in a suit walking to a home game because you know we're more casual, right do you go?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You probably? You probably all off for every game.
Speaker 3: That's when I ran out and I was like, all right, let me get let me get some air mon arks with.
Speaker 2: That starter jacket. That's when I do that next one. What do you when you go and do all your fit do you like start right now? Like what are we doing for next year? Do you wear the same suit twice?
Speaker 3: Ever?
Speaker 2: Like how does your how does your process go? Because you're you're just the ninth every single game?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What do you do with all that stuff? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well I usually wait like a month like before the season, and then like she sends me like a list of stuff ideas that she has, and then I just you know, I pick them out, and then I give her some of my ideas and she puts it.
Speaker 2: She puts it together.
Speaker 1: And then like sometimes like they say, like during the playoffs, like playoffs last year, I was literally like just looking up stuff and I could send her the idea that week and she could have it done like that. The whole thing finished is she is the most efficient uh that I didn't work with. Shout out Johanna I have a legacy no free shoutouts.
Speaker 2: And there we go. Let's go she needs one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean like even the one, the one I want a Patriots game for my birthday. It was like kind of like how that kind of like for fluorescing color fluorescent color fluorescing it was like purple, but it was like had.
Speaker 2: That little like oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: I was trying to mess with my my uh my forces. I had a Force ones because they had like a little flossing light on them, but it was still fire.
Speaker 2: But what do you do with them?
Speaker 1: When she literally sent me, I was like, I was like, you have to find something that can mess this close, even something that gets close. And she like found like this little quilt I don't know if it was like a like a sheet or what it was, and put it off and made into a suit.
Speaker 2: So that wasn't even like she just made it into a suit. Damn. The that's wild because you go get a suit done anywhere and they're like, hey, it's gonna be like what for the exact place like we go in Nashville, it's like yeah, five six weeks at least. Yeah, And that's like if they're pushing. Then you got to go in and try it on alteration. Yeah, there's always an alteration to be done, and you get it that that you can get it that same way.
Speaker 1: Well, like she I met her during the draft and then she she does all the measurements, gets your neck, the whole nine and then like from there, if like say I gain some weight or you know, say fitnessand she just need somebody down to measure and all this type of stuff.
Speaker 2: But every suit that I wear, she just sends it. Yeah, when you go through the draft, Like there's Alba, there's elev Is that it elevant. Yeah, there's a couple others that always do it. I've done Elevator and I've done Alba. But every time I get the suit, it's like, you know, I'm going to a court date, you know what I'm saying, Like something seems no. I mean it was this is eight years ago now, and like they did quick measurements and they sent me something and it was like a little I mean they went and took it back and it looked great after. But I wasn't into fashion, Like I didn't know anything about fash I'm kind of geting away from suits anyway, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But they had like, uh, yeah, you don't really wear like many suits.
Speaker 2: I mean I got I got suits. Yeah, I take it really seriously at the beginning of the year, and then halfway there, I'm like, right, the excitement, the slow decline. But if you get it all done in the beginning of the year to where you're lined up for sixteen weeks, then you're good. Then you don't have to worry about, Oh, I got it? What am I gonna wear this week? Because literally Wednesday comes around for me and I'm like, it's Wednesday night and I'm about to go to bed. I'm like, God, I gotta figure out what I'm gonna wear for this plane ride. Because you have the certain criteria you have to have a colored shirt. I don't own a colored shirt. I still got something. I haven't ey Moore yet. What do you do when you wear them?
Speaker 1: I had one setup for an away playoff game. I was I was gonna be fire, but I'll save it for next year. What do you what do you do with them when they're done? And when you wear the suit? Like, What's what's up the Zinkskin suit? Now is your sale? Did get asked to go with it too, except for sales. To get it, I had a mask to go with it too. But still I still have some of the suits. I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with them. Should I save them? Should I donate them? But the ones that so you're not going to re wear them, no that I wear them. I got everything I wanted in I don't need to wear them again. I still have someone.
Speaker 2: Put these pants.
Speaker 1: I mean, I do have stuff that I do wear more than once. As far as far as like a suit, I don't like have places where I'm just gonna keep wearing a suit. Yeah, so that's why I always get like a line up for the season, just so you know I haven't. But I don't just like have places to go to wear a suit.
Speaker 2: Like do you.
Speaker 3: Think you are You're at top of the league when it comes to dressing and fashion.
Speaker 2: I would think, yes, I will put myself in one. Who do you keep your eye on out there? Who do you keep your eye on?
Speaker 3: Who do you kind of respect and appreciate their style, their fashion? That kind of person that you're always kind of like, let's see what they're up to.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's hard. There's a lot of guys that can. They got some drip, that'd be. But who's somebody? I know, there's gotta be somebody.
Speaker 2: Frankie talking dress whenever you you know, the checkdown on Instagram if you shoutouts always does like the top fits of the week, y'all.
Speaker 1: If y'all, if y'all can pull up some guys, y'all think that'd be? I can tell you if if they are not, that's that's clean.
Speaker 2: Who's that? That's mik O Harmon? That's cooling? He was clean? Is that? Yeah? He was clean? Sweet? He was clean, got quiet. Didn't say a word about that. Next work for him? Go back. That's terrible. I mean, it's awful. It's like one of those when you go to a carnival and all the guys wearing curly mustaches and there singing a cappella together and they have the hats. If he felt clean, that's all that matters. See, And I don't feel like you're being honest with me now. I'm I'm being as honest as as as I can. I respect it. Who's that another one that's uh? Is that Jpp? No? That's uh? I don't know how to say tano colpas. I don't know how to brown saw one, two, three, four. No, it's not JPP. I didn't know. He his fingers real quick, JPP. When we when Tampa came to against us, JPP put the most filthy move on me in practice in one on ones, Like I went to punch, he like swiped, and then I went to come back, and then he like used my momentum like throw me and he got like it was a sacond one on ones and he turned around and looked at me and goes and I did that with three fingers. Motherfucker. I was like, yeah, what a savage because that was part of Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh my, that was part of my doople forget JPP got a motor. No, he can go, he can go, he can go.
Speaker 2: It's always when that dark visor who's that like Kelsey Kelsey Kelsey is always your city world. Yeah, that's sweet to me.
Speaker 1: He's one of them. I always think about Yep, good guys, own.
Speaker 3: Shout out Chevy Silverado, no free shoutouts. As you can see, I'm sitting here on the stairs on the side of the bus. The generator is not working. It's freezing outside. You might be able to see my breath. Uh, we can't get the lights going. But the boys got to use grin determination to get these adreds done. And that is exactly what the Chevy Silverado represents. The most advanced, hardest working Silverado ever. The design is big, bold and commanding. This truck is dependable like the people who drive them. You You're able to tailgate haul a lot of big things like a boat, TV tailgate equipment, a couch to put in the basement for the big game.
Speaker 4: Who knows.
Speaker 3: Maybe you want to help your friends out for moving day, your family at for moving day. Maybe you just want to lend them the truck because you don't want to do moving, but maybe you do want to help them out. This truck does absolutely everything. Head over to a Chevy dealership near you, let him know that the boys sent you, and shout out again to Chevy Silverado.
Speaker 4: No free shout outs. Back to the phenomenal episode.
Speaker 2: Therese U. Whenever I think about putting clothes on, I'm like, I'm gonna lose a bunch of weight when I retire. Like I can't justify get an outfit. You know what I'm saying yeah, and then I go put it on. I'm like, well, in five years is won't fit, or ten years is more fit? Whatever.
Speaker 3: Derek doesn't take that way, No, can wait tomorrow. You think you'll get bigger or smaller when you're done playing. I want to actually be bigger, probably like two fifty five to sixty when you're done playing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why is that? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just I don't know. I know I'm a lift and of course I like to eat, so I feel like you get like I still do cardios like that, but it's not like the season where we constantly going there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, be so busy. But yeah, when I'm done then when it all stoles down, think I'll be about to You gotta be like a fitness like a fitness dude, like a not.
Speaker 1: Sort of like a fitness dude. But I'll lift and do all the things that you know I did during the season without the practice. Yeah, so two fifty five to sixty, and I think, you know, during the season sometimes we drop weight because it's so much going on.
Speaker 2: But know you're not playing no more, bet do whatever you want. I'm about to be two fifty five two sixty also that's no, that's for bro. I'm telling you that absolutely not lose weight so fast. Stay at three hundred. You look at something the wrong way, you gain five pounds of muscle. Like you just you just do ship differently?
Speaker 6: You would?
Speaker 2: You like the Lanny Remember Delanney Walker.
Speaker 1: I'm not Delaney. Is he swollen and he has big legs? I'm I'm all long legs. People always ask me like, how can you do all this lifting and your leggs is so small? I'm like, Bro, I've get that all time. I had this question with the man of the stairs all my life, like just laying I'm trying to lift as hard as I can to get it.
Speaker 3: It just don't happen. I guess I just got long legs. How do you find those shorts that fit your legs and stuff like that? Like or where do you find those?
Speaker 2: What do you mean? Like what short?
Speaker 3: Like the ones that like grab your legs and stuff like I've never came across those, Like if I was going shopping, I'd be like, oh, those are it? Those are gonna fit right? Like do I buy mediums and they just you just buy it size down?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not getting of my sneekers bro Okay, all right, he does there does wear the tightest clothing. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's like when you see that, is it like a certain you just size down you know it's gonna grab your legs nice?
Speaker 2: Or is it grab your legs nice?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Because I sized down and grabs the grabs the waistide a little top falls off a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I ain't doing this. Yeah, it ain't tired. It ain't right. Come on, it ain't right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, damn, let's talk about the two thousand yards built human. Let's talk about the two thousand yards. What were you saying about the year before?
Speaker 2: And I was like, well he was okay. So we had a conversation with Denis Kelly a couple weeks ago and I was saying, you should be the m v P. And here's why Dennis brought this up as well, like a good point. Aaron Rodgers and Pat Mahomes and Josh Allen had great years. No one's arguing that they had great years, but they didn't do anything historic like the year Patrick won it was what fifty touchdowns? He threw fifty touchdowns, like the first time that happened. Or one of the first times that happened. Aaron Rodgers played really well, but they like statistically had great years, but it wasn't like historic. The new standard of quarterback. The new standard of quarterback was what we allude to. What you're doing now is historic. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. And especially who's the lost person to go back to back rushing titles for Dandy Thompson LT. And what he would he win the second year he went back to back? He won the MVP? Right, And did he get as many yards as Derek? I don't think he did, but I.
Speaker 1: Think I think what the thing was was that the year he had all those touchdowns, I was gonna say, I think he had twenty eight touchdown. Yeah, but I think the knock on me was as far as MVP wise, and you know which I need to get better and I know that you know I need to improve on. It was probably the if I if I had the receiving yards probably to go with it, just because it's a passing leak. Now if I'm I'm rushing and then I have the receiving to go with it, and I probably have you know, put me hiring the conversation to you know, even come close to, you know, possibly getting no award, or you know, how many recent runners.
Speaker 2: Do you think you need? How many how many catches? How many yards all the party? Probably like five hundred.
Speaker 1: I think Chris Johnson ran for two hundred yards, two thousand yards, have five hundred yard receiving.
Speaker 2: He still didn't get it.
Speaker 1: So if I, you know, I would have twenty twenty seven and I'm like a hundred receiving, I would have lead it.
Speaker 2: I would have needed to have. You think, if you go for two thousand again, you do guys, there's no chance I'll gome to two thousand again and I don't win it. That is disrespect. Yeah, were you surprised that you didn't get like one vote towards the.
Speaker 6: M v P.
Speaker 1: I was a little surprised, you know because just because it's only been eight people that have done it, right, you know, you're the fifth best. I had the fifth most in NFL history. Like it's acknowledge me a little bit, you know, don't like, yeah, there's that one guy, we should give them him the nod.
Speaker 2: I thought it was like, if you really looked at everything, what is the most historic for the value of the season. I think yours is you should have won the m v P. I got confused when I was watching it, and you won off of to play the year? Do they if you went off to play the year, do you get taken out of the m v P.
Speaker 1: But look, and because all the boys, all the boys, I thought, you know, it is what it is, but they don't realize it's some games.
Speaker 2: I didn't play the full game like I was taken out. There's multiple games play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, it's a lot of some games. I could have went crazy, and then in the Houston game I could have. I feel like I could have had a better game. Those foremost kind of killed it. So killed a momentum and then we were going back and forth and it came down to the wires. So but if if everything like I you know, because we were winning those games, so you know, so probably.
Speaker 2: And literally everyone knows we're running the ball. And if you think about like the games, there was games. There was a weird year for you guys because you'd play two games your blue dudes out by three touchdowns, so you're obviously not gonna play in the fourth quarter. But there was also the next game after that, you'd get blown up by Cleveland. It's like you would crush dudes or get crushed. It was a weird up and down, but either one of those, you're out right, Like the second half of the Cleveland game, how many snaps you have like three or four? Nothing I had, Like, yeah, I didn't have minnix. Only had like fifteen carries, right, something crazy small. And it's like we were not like like like thirty eight the seven when we were surprised you guys were playing the the in Houston for the AFC South Championship. Yeah, I was literally when you were scoring, I might call him Bobo, and I'm like, we need Houston to score again. We need Houston keep it closer to Derek stays in the game because me and Boba are like, we need to forty three. That was the number you needed right for that game, twenty three. And here's the crazy shit, here's the reason why you should have won the MVP is because if you go into the seventeenth game of the year or the sixteenth game of the year week seventeen, and people go he needs two twenty three every other running back, You're like, well, it's not gonna happen, there's no way, and then you fucking but like with you, everyone's like, well, yeah, it's a possibility.
Speaker 3: I mean you had all different types of thoughts going into the game. Some guys are like, man, it's gonna be tough.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Like he to the first court, it's like sixty two yards and I'm like, fuck, if he keeps us so, he could do it right, and he's over one hundred and after the half, and like if he just keeps paces And then it was thinking like if as long as the Titans don't get too far ahead of Houston, like the game couldn't have played out any.
Speaker 1: More perfect for you to get two thousand yards. But think about it is I mean we all know it's a quarterback driven league. Yeah, and it's like, yeah, I was bowling and you could have argued me. But at the same time, I ain't gonna take away from the guys that Whilso in the race, Like who won it? Aaron Rodgers fifty one touchdowns forty eight Yeah, I mean he touch down in incredible years, most like efficient season by quarterback in yeah history. I mean you can't ignore that. Patrick Mahomes is Patrick Mahomes. We know that, and Josh Allen had a great year too, So it was like, I mean I can see where you know, I mean we I feel like it's just like the whole. But I was glad to be able to take home something like don't just ignore me. Yeah, you don't let me not take home something. At least I took them on the offensive. I mean, that's that's.
Speaker 3: Because what got me is like, you were Offensive Player of the Year, but you weren't a nominee at all or a vote at all in the m v P.
Speaker 2: SUF.
Speaker 3: So if those other two guys got a couple of m v P nods, like why weren't they in the running or like getting the offensive players? That's what if they're seeing if they're seeing its number two in the m v P, why aren't they the number one for offensive? Like if he won offensive, he should have probably been like number two.
Speaker 4: The m v P.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. It's kind of I don't know the vote, right, if you win the Offensive Player of the Year or what's the there's a heighttsman, there's another one that's like the ap AP Player of the Year or something something like that. Well, there's also like the best Quarterback of College or whatever award. Whoever gets that award usually doesn't win the Heisman. It's like the consolation prize. So is that is that the Is that how that works? Maybe? I have no It's like I said, the the argument to lay your head on is no one else has done that had a historic season. They all had amazing I won't argue about it.
Speaker 3: Another position, though, who had an historic year was Travis Kelcey as well, Like as far as what he did for tight ends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he kind of broke a fifth year in a row of a thousand yard season. That's that's the record you're talking about.
Speaker 3: I think it was like most yards for a tight end tight end he broke. He broke the record for this argument can go on and off for Office Pay the Year, m VP. I'm just happy I was able to take home something. But I want to say something to Taylor. When I seen you in the locker room, like it'd be like the first of maybe the first day of training camp.
Speaker 2: What did you say to me when I walked up to you? What do you say? Twenty one six? Yeah, that's all we can That's all I care about. Twenty six the record twenty one I think twenty one to five's record, and so twenty one oh six would beat the record.
Speaker 3: I A A.
Speaker 1: But it was just crazy to speak you know that two thousand it actually happened two existence What.
Speaker 4: Were you thinking?
Speaker 2: Sitting there and literally, like every year at the beginning of the year, like me, Derek Ben got a couple of guys like we sit around having our like little bonfire talk. Basically, we'll sit the corner of the locker room the all line is, and it's like we just daydream, daydream about Derek's season, right because we want to keep Tannehill healthy. But he's gonna sling it. But it's like, like, Derek's your stats. Are those guys the stats as well, Like they're so like to be a part of a two thousand yards season is unbelievable, right, So we sit there like, you know, how sick would be if he got two thousand. It's like, well, if he gets two thousand, like what about who what's the record? Now we're googling the record. Yeah, it's twenty one oh five. Had it Like do you think he can do? Like, well, fuck, he got sixteen hundred last year, and I think even the games I did play. The first five games, we were sitting there and like we're like, all right, well he got only forty eight last year. He got over one hundred the first game, Like we're keeping count the whole way up, like he's got a average one forty three to make it the twenty one Like that's like literally it was on the old lines mind and thinking about it us.
Speaker 1: Whenever he came out to me said twenty one or six, you know, I was playing along way in the back of my head, I'm like, I ain't no waying hell, I'm even getting close to theod.
Speaker 3: I was like, ain't no what were you thinking going in going into that last game thinking you needed to twenty three where you're like you're like, man, this two thousand is probably out of reach, or where you're like we can get.
Speaker 1: This, Like the thought of it was like coolest hell, But I'm like, I'm two hundred and twenty three yards away from two thousand yards. We played them earlier in the year and I ran for two hundred and fifteen yards or two hundred and twelve yards like two. I was like, ain't no way, ain't no way in hell, they're gonna let me do this again. So I'm like, if it happens, it happens, what's for you?
Speaker 2: Gonna be for you? But I ain't pressing it, you know what I'm saying. I go out there and play my game, not.
Speaker 1: Because I feel like you thinking about it so much, you're gonna be trying to do it anything you can, trying to do too much.
Speaker 2: So I was like, if it happens, happened. But when we got in the game, when we got rolling, I was like, oh, he said, did you know you had a shot to the first quarter. Uh, it was after I had broke off.
Speaker 1: I think I had, like I scored, then I had Then I had another long run where I thought I scored where they called me out of bounce, and then I had a forty like a forty yard run where like I broke like a couple of tackles, struck.
Speaker 2: Out down the sideline. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Then I hit the safety out of bounce and I think like the linebacker tackled me, and I was like, oh, hey, the.
Speaker 3: Only one tackling you that game was Zach Cunningham.
Speaker 5: That the only.
Speaker 2: Anybody I don't fumble, And to come to find out what's so funny?
Speaker 1: I was talking to who I was talking to did the interview because I was doing media with old Spice, no free shoutouts saw Spice, but they were saying that Eric Dickison he there was like he got nervous because he thought that I was, I was finna break it, and I can think about is if I if I get that run and keep that same momentum going, how like the run where he the back face came because I was, I was, if you don't hit that ball, like, how close do I get to that record?
Speaker 2: But it is what it is? You ain't yet. Let's keep working, so I'm motivated. Does that That play though was unbelievable by Cunningham, It was all luck like he I think Roger hit him right, Roger hit him. I think it was it was Brewer brew. I had him like you got the hat on, run around and hit it. All I could do when I just looked at him because because the two.
Speaker 3: Tackles before that, h Zach had tackled him both times, he like shed a good block on on Quiz and then the next one he hits the ship out of saffold, and I was like, yeah, I was like, yo, out there balling. They don't know how he don't get no more recognition than he does. He was like the leading tackler I think this year when he was one of the records. Gotta be good to have that kind of recognition. Yeah, he's a good player.
Speaker 2: He cut m he's a really football because he's fast. Ship. You're like, oh, I got to get over the top on him. And then if you kind of get on the top of he inside really well, and he don't and then I'm not gonna let it get me. There was that fucking boom one you you don't care because he's coming with be like black block forty one. It's like, why does he talk about forty one so much? And then I was watching and I was watching that game, I was, hey, got nice and he is legit dude. We ran an outside zone I think last year at home, and I have my eyes. I'm like, oh, I'm gonna good. I'm gonna spring this thing because I had a good block being the tight end going up to the linebacker and he just went inside hit Derek so damn hard. Derek. The most insulting thing you always say, but it's always funny as hell. Later it's like, yays, just what happened on that? Hey, what happened on that? And you're like, god, man, listen, I missed the block. He's like the block because you're not block. Hey, it's funny, and remember Caroline, you just need to know.
Speaker 8: So that's what what I what I when I was saying, hey, how you tell what happened on that? And he, you know, Derek gets in games like, hey, what happened? I was big and what happened on that?
Speaker 2: You missed it? All right?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: And then we go two or three plays on. We had a we were playing Carolina, h Derek and I we sat in the plane. This is twenty nineteen, so you weren't there. We sat in the plane together everything. Yeah, we were playing. We were playing Carolina and Luke Keigley was like off the edge. We ran like they the end went inside and Keckley came out. So I went to Keikley and I took him out. Derek brooke like a fifteen yarder and they called me for holding. I get on the plane and I go to like the scoot past Derek. Derek won't get his legs out of the way. For me, and I'm like, hey, can I just see us? I'm mad at you, Like for what, man, I'm not going to sit in my chair, goes He looks at me, you owe me some yards and he turned like this and he talked to the other guy. I'm like in the corner of the back of the plane by myself. The rest of the those think about it. I'm like just watching film. Every time I had a good block her, I was like, got you, I got your yards back. We you're good now. We called it, you know, But that's that's what you want that we talk about all the time, like guys like AJ, guys like you, the guys that want the ball. Don't then don't like I'm the only one.
Speaker 3: D no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: There's been times where he's confident that there was a hole that he was like, hey, what did you see there?
Speaker 2: I was like, I know I missed it. I know I missed it. But I mean that's how I mean.
Speaker 3: That just goes both ways with the fellas man in the in the in the freaking trenches. Yeah, if Taylor makes a blog like hey, hey do you not see that hole? Did you not see that hole? That much of high expectation for each other. Yeah, that's right right there. There's definitely, there's definitely. But like I said, like a J is a dude. It's like, if you just do the ball to AJ every single play of the game, even if he was double covered, he'd.
Speaker 2: Be so happy. Oh yeah, and you was. It could be it could be looked at as selfish, but it's really not. It's like you just want the opportunity to do that, and that's what you do as well. Like when you get into games, derekl joke the whole entire week and then something comes and you're like to joke with him and he's like, I won't even talk to you. Yeah, and god forbid, like something like Cleveland happens. When he had a fumble. I looked at Tailor and I was like, because I'm obviously not playing with him, Like he's not gonna talk to anybody the rest of the week. Like that whole next moment, you just get mad.
Speaker 3: But after we won the uh the NFC South, he like did a little speech in the in the locker match where he's saying sorry for the fumble and stuff like that. I was like, he's gonna he's gonna get right, and I'm just staying there like yeah, yeah, all right, we hey, we just won.
Speaker 2: Man, Like it's good two thousand yards too. You got two thousand yards over two hundred yards, and I mean I get it. But it's like all right, all right, all right, Derek.
Speaker 1: Honestly, but as and I'm sure all running backs feel me if you fumble the ball, that is probably that's like the one of the worst feelings ever in the world. Like it's like, I don't know, it's just like the worst feel like you're letting everybody like you can have Like that game.
Speaker 2: I went for like two well, I think two fifty something. I wouldn't even like, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all you thought about was that. I mean, it speaks to you and your competitive and it's like everything now. When then when I got home that night and the next day the whole I'm like, I ain't got fumble with us. If you're telling.
Speaker 2: She was like, like, what's wrong with you? Like IM fumbled?
Speaker 3: Like let it go?
Speaker 2: I was like, I can't it. Just this is how I am always. Yeah, I mean, it's why you're as good as you are. Yeah, and you don't really fumble, you know what I'm saying, you really don't thumb back on that that wasn't hard enough. There we go. Yeah, Well, do you think, like in the beginning of the year when you watch your seeds, like everyone talks about you in December, how many yards you of November five whatever for whatever, like the month of December? Yeah, what do you what's so different to you about December that it is in September.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I don't know. I really don't know, but I wish, I mean, I don't want it to start that way. I wish it happens from September to December. But that's how it's gonna go. I mean, it's been working.
Speaker 2: If your September was like your December and it was all like that talking about a thousand yards, you're talking about something crazy exactly. But if that's how it's gonna go and how it's been going, I'm I'm all with it, but I'm not sure. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just feel like, like even earlier this year, when you know, we weren't having success that we thought we were going to have, but I mean we I mean, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't until start out to where we thought that, you know, the way it was gonna go. But I mean we still were getting yards, We still were you know, pushing forward, but like, I don't know, you know, you can just feel when we was getting that rhythm we start rolling.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. It's kind of it's like at the end of the year that a lot when you're trying to like press so hard. The minute we all kind of relaxed a little bit, everything is like, okay, that's taking off.
Speaker 1: Here it goes yeah, and it's like everybody can f I don't know, everyone's just clicking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a different deal. I've never been a part of anything like that. You're talking about nineteen and you guys went on the nineteen twenty like all of it. Like I wasn't really around for twenty. But but still surely you can't feel it like whenever we get rolling, it's like oh yeah, yeah. You know that Baltimore week in the wild Card game, you're like, oh yeah, like we got this. Yeah, but you do that. It's not like it's not like an oh, we're too comfortable. It's like there's a confidence like, oh, we're gonna go and we're gonna play fucking hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you're figuring out your identity, Like we're living into our identity.
Speaker 2: That's great. What do you think about that? You compare that to Abama? What was that like?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: Is that the same feeling in a call as locker room as it is where you guys are here in Tennessee.
Speaker 3: Like getting rolling, like knowing you're gonna like win and roll and stuff.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's just it's different because like Atabama, no offense to your school, your school, Well, hang on, we just knew.
Speaker 2: We just knew that we were going to say the names.
Speaker 1: We just knew that we were to dominate everybody we played every week, no matter no matter who we played, because by the way we practiced, we like we actually practiced harder than the game, so the game was just so much easier like when we when when it was time to play, but we just knew, like it, like with no doubt in my mind when we lined up.
Speaker 3: Do you see Savings recruiting pitch that zoom call he was on, did you see it? I saw He's sitting there talking like you know you go against you know, your own teammates, and you know you're playing against somebody better than who you're gonna face out there throughout the year.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, he goes, they has had the greatest quote unquote greatest recruiting class in the history, and saving goes.
Speaker 3: He also goes and for any of those teams who are telling you, you know, you should come to our place because you can get on the field quicker and stuff like that, those teams are already telling you that we're better than them, savage.
Speaker 2: And another thing about people that play at Alabama, like you to Michigan, there's guys that had up and n ex versus I had a downer experience. Other guys had up experiences. There's guys at Nebraska. I'm sure the same way up and the down there for sure. But every dude at Alabama, like you go. We'll go in to the cafeteria and Rashaun Evans and Derek are like yelling you lost to Alabama. You was just yelling at you to the cafeteria. It's like everyone he's obsessed with Alabama. Who went to Alabama.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the thing about it is everybody who didn't go Alabama, Uh always talks, always talks trash to us about Alabama, Like in Alabama to Liva even my runner back coach exactly, my runner back coaches with the Giants, and he's like, it's crazy how much people just you know, just want to talk about Alabama and trash Alabama. But yeah, it's all that funny fail. We love it though, we love We love having love. I know, I know, going back and forth about Bama. But back to that question, I don't know. And like in college, I don't know it. Just like I said, we just knew we're gonna dominate and that's that was our whole as that was the whole focus. Disrespect in the league with y'all, I don't know it, just like I don't know the chemistry I got with y'all. It's just it's like it's so different, Like we hold each other accountable, we have high expect high expectations, you know. It's I don't know, and then like when we get in that flow, it's just like I don't know.
Speaker 2: It just it's funny. It's just different, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the chemistry we all got you you know what I'm saying, Like like we going ship in the world, like we take it to heart, Like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That say, a college vibe in the NFL because you're like your boys and everybody every when you really want. I really want Roger to go to the Pro Bowl. I really want Derek to get the record like they want all. You know what it is, you know what it is. I love how you guys are talking to me like I was on Well, you're on defense. I know you don't understand that. You know, man, when we all get together, you know, you know what it is.
Speaker 1: It's like they know us, they watch film, they know what's coming, and you still can't stop it. And when you do, just know we're coming right back at you. We might not play you the next year, but when we play you again this no, we ain't forget and we will come right back at you. You know what I'm saying. And that's what I love about the line, because we it's all and tied together like it's.
Speaker 2: You said, Uh, we might not play you next year, but just know we're coming back to you. You're talking about Hey, we all know he's.
Speaker 7: Talking about you.
Speaker 2: You're talking about.
Speaker 3: All right, shout out bare bottom clothing, no free shoutouts.
Speaker 4: They got a lot of stuff on here. So I'm going to have to read.
Speaker 3: Bare Bottom Clothing is to go to for the most versatile, comfortable, and wearable everyday clothing for guys.
Speaker 4: Everything bare Bottom makes is.
Speaker 3: Made with premium, adventure tested fabrics without the premium price.
Speaker 4: From their best selling.
Speaker 3: Stretched joggers, which are made with their flagship cotton Spandex fabric blend to their insanely soft moisture wicking tech tea, they only make threads you will actually love wearing all day long. Bare Bottom Clothing is built for value. You're getting comfortable, made the last shorts, pants and tees for a fraction of what you have to spend on the other guys. The boys must be doing something right because they have over one hundred thousand customers who love bare Bottoms for every day wear that keep them coming back for more. They've also donated over one hundred thousand shorts to children and need through their one for You, One for Them program. For a limited time, they're switching things up and will donate a protective mass to a first responder, teacher, or someone in need for each item purchased. Over two hundred thousand masks have already been donated.
Speaker 4: Right now, our listeners are getting free shipping.
Speaker 3: All you got to do is go to bare bottom Clothing dot com and use code busting for free shipping. That's bare bottom Clothing, that's b E A R like the Animal Bottom Clothing dot com to get free shipping.
Speaker 4: Take advantage of these threads. Now back to the boy.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about that rais Matt Judon. May I'm glad you brought this up you. I'm glad it's coming up to Matthew Judon was on CBS Sports Doesn't Matter, No for shutouts, and he had this three or three minute forty five minute, three minute forty five second video him talking about how we're sore winners. How we went on the logo. Will and I have talked about this before since you've been on the team. What do we do when we go to Williams We go to the middle of the field.
Speaker 1: So we've been doing that since I got here. Yeah, we go to middle logo, and we actually appreciate it. When we played them in their playoffs last year and it wasn't no big deal. I don't know if they didn't come out when we actually broke down the middle logo.
Speaker 2: The reason this year they.
Speaker 1: Actually came out probably because they wan't no fans and stuff like that. But we did it last year and it wont no issue. And we do that every field. It ain't like we disrespect them. That's just how we break it down the middlefield. Then we go to own sideline here.
Speaker 2: But here they came. They got mad about it, and then what they how did you feel when you saw in the field of them, like they picked off Tannehill, they go to the fifty yard line and logo and what did you think when they did that?
Speaker 1: I mean, just because you know, it was kind of like retaliation. So when somebody retaliated, I mean, that's kind of like it's kind of like disrespect which we weren't being disrespectful, but that's how the media took it, and that's how they ran with it. You know, Coach Rabel and Hardball had that discussion in the middle of the field, which you know, we we've been doing that since I got the fire. But the way they did it, they was they was trying to be disrespectful. Yeah, and you know, and you know they won right rightfully, So they had a good game plan. They shut me down and they advanced I like the new.
Speaker 2: Little But the thing about it. I don't I don't thinking about it. I will never talk trash.
Speaker 1: Anything that gets handled to get handled anything, it gets handled in the trenches.
Speaker 2: You know, I might you know, have a like they caught me talking to Earland and defense in the last year, but that was that. That was that the end the game.
Speaker 1: But I'm never gonna talk trash. Whatever gets handled, it gets handled in the trenches.
Speaker 2: So you know, it is what it is.
Speaker 1: Like I said, they won, they beat us, but the end of the day, hopefully we can see him again, we can do this again, like oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Better, I'm all about it. I love that Judea went on and did this stuff like I love her to be on here. At the end of the video, Judea with the guy asked the well, you're gonna be your free agent this year. Let's say the Titans off. That's right, that's right.
Speaker 4: What do you what do you do?
Speaker 2: Then and goes, well, you know, I'm on that side. He's one of the boys. That's not because it's like listen, it's like it's not like if you were to see some of them, if you would see was it Marcus Peters who did that in Miami or in La or anywhere outside of football. You're not going to go and be like hey, motherfucker like you did that. Yeah you know, it's like, hey, what's up, dude? Get nice?
Speaker 3: All right, we see you and on the field, but like I said, we you know, we had we handled in the trenches. What may be bad, it's gonna be the headline. What made me mad about players bust the boys. It needs to be addressed. It needs to be addressed.
Speaker 1: And what made me mad about that game but like people talk about the two thousand yard season and yeah, that was cool, but you're only as good as your last game. My last game, I had eighteen carriages forty yards and like I said, credit goes to the regnant defense.
Speaker 2: They did a great job. They executed it.
Speaker 1: But what made me mad most about that game is they had that planned before they even played us.
Speaker 2: They had all.
Speaker 3: They had all their stuff planned, like not chicking hands, let's go on their logo, and we when.
Speaker 1: We allowed them to do exactly what they wanted to do, like them standing in the logo, then after the game going straight to the locker room and not even want to shake hands.
Speaker 2: I mean, what can you do? I mean, so all I do is address it next time the next year. Yeah, the long game, dude, you gotta play the long game.
Speaker 3: So you know that's time we play them. We just got to play better in the turches next time. My shaking hand.
Speaker 1: Next time we we like they talked about doing that walk in to the locker room, we'll talk about how we want to how we want to hendle it.
Speaker 2: But either way it goes. It's all about that petty. We went from.
Speaker 1: One game away from the super Bowl to being to being knocked out to now like a potential rival.
Speaker 2: So one, yeah, let's get it. Yeah, ju don't also had I think he was miked up saying about some about them putting cry laffy faces on it. Hey don't get got to put cry laughty. Hey you know they don't look said yeah, but you know they heard on this podcast. I feel like they did hear it, because I want to say Humphreys.
Speaker 3: Might have tweeted, like, you know, I don't know how everybody else handles it, but saying something about like being a good sport or something like that, I don't know, Like that's not the way I would go about it.
Speaker 2: I would assume he might have saw the Jordan Craft face photo. I mean that was it. It's funny. It's just petty, but it's fun. Yeah. People think people like see Instagram and Twitter like how much we say stuff. It doesn't really matter, you know what I'm saying. Like if we say something like, it's not a big deal because it doesn't matter, it doesn't change anything, right, it makes it more fun.
Speaker 1: Like one thing, one thing I do say, even though we you know, we have our little a little rowery thing, you know when I when I see him and I talk to him like Calais or even judaon me and Marlon we play together, you know, it's all it's all cool, like he ain't never like right right, right right. You're taking it from the field to life. Me and clay Is we were we were in Temple the other day at the little war thing, just talking and having another conversation.
Speaker 2: A great dude too. He's a nice dude. I saw him at the Pro Bowl and he's like, you know, you play against him when he's at Jacksonville and he can't understand anything because he's a glass. His voice is so deep and like he's just screaming at you the whole time. And then you go and meet him. He's like the nicest dude in the world.
Speaker 1: I talked seeing seeing Dobbins. You know me and Mark cool, that's that's my brother. But it's like that's not supposed to be.
Speaker 4: I mean, you on the.
Speaker 2: Field and.
Speaker 3: We all go through like the same same grind and everybody has that same respect for each other. But when on the field, we ain't trying to hell that, so yeah, you're trying to win. Speaking and Humphreys, by the way, it's a dog dog. Probably the best dB I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Like attacks here we go, tread on those tires, they'll fall off fast. Hey I am. I would say has probably the most bust in the NFL. Hey, I fucking hate out of any NFL team. If you look at Bama, like there's the Derrick Henrys that are good, Dante high Tower, whoa hold on? Are you trying to say you do not want to I'm saying Bama has. If you live, I want to try and help you, but I don't. I'm nervous. They have a lot of guys that do well in the league, but they have so many busts. Guys out saying names many people. Since you've got the most players in the league. Well, the chance warmack, we have the most players in the league.
Speaker 5: Still, even if they had squad, dude, the second team guys don't matter. The league started for the Ravens and played the full Please like, beat all this ship. He's trash, all right, he's he started.
Speaker 2: Let's go down. Okay, look at that looks so all the good ones are gonna be in the front. So just keep keeping all the good ones. A lot of good going. That one right there at the end, that's our one. Keep keep going. And I thought you were talking about No, No, he was. He was a first he was a top ten pick.
Speaker 3: He is trash.
Speaker 2: Pickies ahead if he's the second round pickies a hit. But he's but he's not. Ye, unbelievable, unbelievable fell off. No, no, I want to be you say something this stuff. Okay, this one fell off. He going started the whole year. It doesn't matter because he got hurt. He got hurt. Okay, he got hurt. But I mean i've heard in a while Pro Bowl. Still in the league. Okay, let's go to let's go to him. You're saying still in the league. That doesn't mean ship. We have more star players and more.
Speaker 1: Yes, all pro plans in the college out but you also were in college and it comes to the league.
Speaker 2: What do you mean who you getting those facts from?
Speaker 4: What what do you mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Reference quality? Who's the greatest football player of all time? That's hard, Tom Brady? It's not hard? Well, are you Tom Brady? Yes, somebody's the greatest football player ever. He's a goat of all goats.
Speaker 3: Hey, I will say this, but okay, when you're scrolling on all of those players that we just went through, it's easy to know. Like when somebody went to Bama, your your question to them as a teammate is how many championships did you win when you were there?
Speaker 2: Actually it's like, oh, so I won three, and so I was like, man I went all four? Yeah, sounds like we only want to like, since two thousand and eight, any player who played more than or played at least three years at Bama has a national championship.
Speaker 3: We need we need to bring seasons class. We need to bring Bama down as one of that championship. We need to bring Bama down. How much how much did Bama pay you? I got paid nothing. They paid me in rains. Maybe you feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I got trying to start, started starting to bring down, made a lot of money by Bama. I got paid in rains.
Speaker 1: You feel me trying to bring Alabama down? My first two years that man, we didn't even win another championship. We uh uh my freshman year, who's your freshman year?
Speaker 2: Kick six? Oh Auburn, let's not talk about it.
Speaker 1: And then my sophomore year we won the SEC championship, but then we lost in the playoffs against Ohio. That's when Zeke and Cordell and all they were Yeah, yeah they were good. I was reading hard for them. Then then my thirty year, I was like, you know what, this is the year I'm starting if we're gonna win, and put it all on me.
Speaker 2: And what happened? How many yars you get home the hesman from a dope Walker with the bank account.
Speaker 3: Walter Camp with the bank account phone number Maxwell? Yeah, and I took home to marine. Who in your family got jobs? Say what when your family got jobs?
Speaker 2: Houses? All those trophies got jobs. They went on this show Trophies. Hey, that is crazy. And you started, you didn't You only started one year? Started one year. That's why all that treads and the tires. Yeah, stopping. When do you think you'll fall off? You know, you know people, you know people. When do you think you'll fall off? I go at least ten years in me getting hurt was the best thing. My whole body is doing great.
Speaker 1: Me.
Speaker 2: You know it's I'm gonna be I'll probably play at least another eight at least another eight more years. That puts you at what thirty be going into my sixteenth year. I don't know. I don't believe in age. It's just you know, yeah, I ain't no great hairs on this, hun. I like, I think you can thank you. I like to play past like past ten. But it's all you know, you'll get whatever got for me? What year did you finish? I love that. I think it's an unbelievable answer. But I want to know when do you think you will.
Speaker 4: How many.
Speaker 2: That I'm not gonna say, oh I don't think I got how about this? How about this? Though?
Speaker 3: So so on your stature and the way you play, how physical you are. Obviously people are always curious, like the longevity you're going to have in the league. When you think about those things like what do you do what do you feel like you're doing for your body and things that it's going to keep you in and maintain this kind.
Speaker 1: Of level question as Hey, I do the things for my body that gets me through every game of the season. Last year, I think I'll play you what fifteen games this year? Sixteen games? I mean, obviously there's things that I'm doing are working. They're saying it ain't broke, don't fix it stuff I do. I mean, how much you think you spent on your body a year? I can't even I spend a lot.
Speaker 3: I know the one year it was like James Harrison came out and it was something came out with him and he spent like half a million dollars on his body.
Speaker 2: Maybe No, there's the reason why I brought that question up, and it was a really hard question answer. When you look at backs with the amount of volume that you get, you would think you that you would start to slow down at the point in your career. However, this is why I think you're an anomaly. Is you've willing you the more you wear into the season, the better you get. You know what I'm saying. But your first game isn't your two hundred yard game. It's the fifth game, it's the eighth game, it's the fourteenth game. You know what I'm saying. So I think I think he got a lot of time. I got question, y'all do y'all think about rust out?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: I'm just a bruising physical and I doubt if it would describe my runnerstant how would you'all say my running style is I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, a ninety uninite step farm on Madden.
Speaker 1: You know I'm saying my running style like, like, if you could describe my running style, do you think it's physical?
Speaker 2: I'm bruising, just running through And would you say I think?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, No, you're the most dangerous peer back there is because you're what you mean?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: Oh, you're the best running back in the NFL? He said, peer, Yes, peer running back? Hand him the ball and see what he does. You're better than everybody else? Are doing that? Cool? Yes, we'll take it.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying, if you could say, like somebody said, how do you think that runs? What would you say?
Speaker 2: Hard? Okay, we're moving on here. So the thing that is what makes you the best running back is no, I was saying, far not how would you hold runner? I would have you as an elusive strong back because is elusive because how many times have you seen Derek do this? And he's got a big stride, so he needs Derek is unbelievable at coming out of person and going right here because he's so strong those people fall off and he's fast enough where he has track speed and his angle and when people take angles on him, the steps on them. Like, So I don't think Derek's I don't think you're running into dudes with your head down like the busted for the Steelers. I would say, you're a big back where people are like, oh fuck, I gotta get low, and that's where you will take it one step to the right and not be centered anymore. That's your break that tackle. And then the minute they stand up and say, oh I gotta take him high, that's where you have the awareness to lower your shoulder. So you're being elusive and understanding the guy trying to tackle you is your best asset.
Speaker 3: So what running style is that? I would say, how would you explain your running like you're running style? I mean, he yeah, I know, But what is that was that lumped into like a like a like a style?
Speaker 2: He's a well rounded back. He's he's the most well rounded back in the NFL because a lot of guys are super quick, but if you get you know, you put your hand around their hip are going down. But there's guys that are, you know, super strong, but they can't break the sixty yard of that Derek can. It's uh, it's the smaller legs that he and I both have with the strong upper body to put people in the dirt, like poor Josh Norman who was in the suite with my wife and kids. That stuff that's brutal. And I can't wait for Josh to come on the bus because I think you should be here too when he's there, just to sit in the back and just stare at him. But yeah, I think you're the best peer back in the NFL. And I say, peer, Can I ask you a question speaking to Josh Norman? People asked you about like did you do that with Josh Norman?
Speaker 6: Did you know?
Speaker 1: We're like so like when it was happening, did you know that that was him and you were going to do that? I was like, I was like, no, I just I'll just reacting. We played him in twenty eighteen. Yeah, and when you walked over there and gave him the little yeah, why why did you go over there?
Speaker 2: I did that because of you. What happened, all right?
Speaker 3: And that.
Speaker 2: It was we were in four minute drill against the Redskins, and we ran to push a football team, yes, excuse me, my god, uh, the Washington football team, and you ran to play to the left and Josh well, as you were falling down, Josh grabbed your leg and tried to get to roll your leg. I got mad about that. So the reason why I went over there was to tell him to get the funk out of our stadium.
Speaker 1: That wasn't a reason why I was asking you that. Trying to get the explanation of that. People asked me why about the hostess? Was the stiff on the situation.
Speaker 3: That that was?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was your get back, no possibly get back. But I didn't forget that. But you know, you knew it was so many songs when you because what the plague was. It was it was a gap scheme play and you bounced that out to the left, and so you're running. You have enough time to see you whose number that is? You have enough time to recognize you. That is so I firmly believe you knew exactly who the fuck that was. It was his first start, right because he went to the red later or something like that, or he was injured during camp, was first. It was his first start back the Bills. The Bills. Josh is a talker. Josh's got a gigantic head.
Speaker 4: By the way.
Speaker 2: Also, my god, the helmet size is unbelievable. But when you came around the corner the time he came at you, if I can see a linebacker coming at me from five yards away, you can see a corner coming at you from twenty yards away and needed to be addressed. So I was just playing. Man, I'm just reacting. No, hey, I do not believe that at all. You knew it was Josh, but I don't. I don't. I think the outcome would have been the same for whoever it was. It was just a little cherry on top because it was Josh. I'll just react, dude. He wanted you to tell the story, but it was it did happen against the Washington football team that Josh did try to hurt Derek in the fourth quarter of that game. And that's the reason why I went over there after the game to do the aerow thing, because that was his jaunty, little joyful whatever.
Speaker 1: That's not try he had a fun, he had a fun little let's not try to say, let's not try to remember the next year, remember he sent the cup, He sent me a cup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so when you did that to him, Ryan, Ryan, Ryan from Hangtan sent him at Taylor Lawan as my dad's shirt to Washington Park.
Speaker 2: He got it.
Speaker 3: And then after Taylor had tested for the p D thing, Josh went back through his assistant or whatever and tried finding the address where the shirt came from and was trying to figure out if it was Taylor's house or not.
Speaker 2: But he couldn't.
Speaker 3: He couldn't get all the answers because Ryan was would call and tell me this and uh, he goes, You'll never guess what he sent to my house. And he goes, I opened it and it was a it was a piss cup for me to the Taylor.
Speaker 2: But I'm all about the petty right right, right right, I think it's I think it's a hilarious shirt, you know, but I would say that most of you, but both of us live a rent free and Josh's hay by far. We they can join in depend house sweet at the top floor of his mind, and we lived there for free.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know, I'm I'm the rent free. It was just like I said, it was this business not personal.
Speaker 2: It's just business. I love it the go. We gotta get it.
Speaker 3: We gotta get to the conversation without the argument we had this morning. So we were working out and Blossom Game comes in. You work at the facility, Yeah, both, y'all. He came in today. He was getting some what'd you do arms? And he comes in looking for an argument. You just knew that this was what he wanted. We gave him what he wanted. But he goes, uh, so, y'all think Tom Brady? How he started the conversation. He goes, do y'all think Tom Brady is the greatest athlete of all time? Is what he said at first. And I'm like, hang on, now, you're saying athlete, we get the greatest career of an athlete of all time?
Speaker 2: We say yes.
Speaker 3: He immediately fires off other people, so he was he was throwing out bait. Oklin and Sinker got all of us to the point Derek's yelling. Derek's doing the one where you look at somebody and you won't look at the person, and we're like laughing, kind of keeping up on the type of thing.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: But he was saying, like who was he naming? He was naming Michael Phelps, Serena Williams, Bill Russell, who else? Tiger Woods? But Roger Federer, Michael Jordan. He didn't say Michael Jordan. Was like, he didn't really bring up Lebron James. I wish he was here to kind of defend himself because I'm sure he'd want to clear the podcast is a blue check our opinion.
Speaker 2: Day bring He didn't bring Marke those guys up. He said.
Speaker 1: Tennis, tennis, swimming, swimming, golf, and oh and basketball.
Speaker 2: Bill.
Speaker 3: He was like he was making all these arguments basically against Tom and I was like, yo, Phelps. I was like, do you think that thing you do when you fall off a boat and instinct kicks in and you just start swimming Like he's the one, He's the one you're going with here.
Speaker 2: That's a horrible argument. But I was like, oh, swimmer that thing you instinctively do when you fall out of a boat. And he's like, man, you can't.
Speaker 3: And I was, you know, kind of doing the whole yelling thing, like not letting him talk, kind of with a smile on my face, getting him worked up, getting worked up even more.
Speaker 2: And then Derek Wuld come over to me and kind of lean and put his.
Speaker 3: Hand on me.
Speaker 1: First, we said that Tom Brady was we were talking about Tom Brady being the greatest athlete all time. He was like, no, I wouldn't say that. I wouldn't give it a title being the greatest athlete all time. And then I started to trying to try to think. I was like, Okay, you might have a point there, but I said, but I will say I said, Tom Brady has had the greatest career by athlete of all time.
Speaker 2: And then that's how it all went up. That's what just say. He's the goat of all goats, and you can just move on from there. The Michael Phelps argument is easy because Michael Phelps, although is the greatest, one of the greatest swimmers of all time, if you look at her, the greatest Olympian of all time. Yeah, if you look at the range of his success, that the time from a success, the time his time frame was this baby, tom Brady has had this much success for twenty one years now. Yeah, and no, longevity always plays a factor. So he's out, all right, Serena Williams all there, that's that's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 2: But I think when you take it to a team sport, that's when other factors around you you got to take them out as well.
Speaker 1: This what this will kind of made him like stand back a little bit. I was like, in Tom Brady's career, you can break down the longest of his career, brand you can break down like three segment segments of his career, and he will still make the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: They all three, all three careers. And when you were saying that two are you talking about like seven years? You know, eight years?
Speaker 2: Eight years?
Speaker 3: Are you talking about like just different time frames? Like you can take three different time frames.
Speaker 2: You take his career, or the first seven years of his career, and then the second seven years of his career, and then the third seven years of his career. You're saying, can all three of those arguable Hall of famers? Yeah, not first ballot, but they're gonna make the right I mean seven yeah, yeah, yeah, I feel that it's it's wild.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's like the super Bowl is the hardest championship to win. People would, no, there's seven. There's there's seven games. You get series with these other sports, so you have to win for them. Yeah, but like every game is a game seven in football, like your season to get into the playoff.
Speaker 2: When you're in the playoffs, it's it's survive in advance.
Speaker 3: And it's like, if he's the goat of football and the Super Bowl is the hardest championship to get, how is he not? He's done it seven times, ten on two different teams. And I was telling I was telling KB. I was like, and KB, you know as well as I do, playing that yeah, blosing game that the team changes every year, Like even though you're on the same you're playing for the same logo and stuff, like your locker room is different every year. And he's leading the ultimate team sport to seven titles. He's been to ten, but on two different teams. You could everybody had the argument of Bill Belichick, is he assistant QB?
Speaker 2: Like they need each other.
Speaker 3: He left and in the first year took Tampa Bay to a Super Bowl and they weren't even the best team all year, Like it better than this and we has his.
Speaker 2: Seven Super Bowls and more than like, I don't know how many franchises. No, it's all the franchises, every franchise, every franchise, No franchise has the most super Bowl wins is the Patriots and the Steelers at six Tom Brady or seven. It's stupid. It's it's insane. It's not even close. And he's running it back And it wasn't even like, hey, what do you think, Well, I'll talk with my family, will stay for the season. It was like, yeah, we're gonna come back. Yeah, yeah, Like it's not even it's crazy. He's unbelievable. And he went Tampa Bay. If you look at Tom Brady, he his win percentage at the Patriots was the best in his career. That same amount of time, Tampa Bay had the worst wins win win percentage of all the team's NFL. I saw that on the internet. I have in factored myself, but I saw that. And he goes to this team it should average out around eight and eight. Right where were they? You know, nine and seven? That was their record this year. They're like good, not great, above average in the eleven season. Yeah were the eleven five? They were eleven and five and six, but they weren't Saints.
Speaker 3: Saints won the division and beat them both times, eleven and five.
Speaker 2: Which is our best record in a long time with the Bucks. What is it, Sam?
Speaker 3: They were eleven and five, but they weren't even they didn't even win their division. They weren't even the best team.
Speaker 2: Vision Yeah, in that one division, and they went and won it. And he's forty three years old and he took out Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, and Patrick Mahomes to win that title. Like, yes, crazy, He's the goat of all goats and that goes for everything ever, Like he's the greatest goat of all the goats. When you start to stuck pile your goat machines and all these different sports teams, you look at all of them, and the number one goat out of all of them, and the pyramid is Tom Brady. Tom Brady. It's not even I did see an argument, It was I saw something interesting this year.
Speaker 3: I saw an interesting, uh argument for Wayne Gretzky. You're talking about the great and I have no clue about hockey. That's why I was like fascinating, because it's like it talked about how many two hundred?
Speaker 2: There's only been like two hundred goals scored in.
Speaker 3: The hockey season four times, and Wayne Gretzky's all four of them, Like twenty years are just pure dominance. Yeah, Like I never really watched Wayne Gretzky. I didn't know anything about hockey belt But when I was reading this, because they had Wayne Gretzky's number one, this was like, this was like a couple of years ago when Tom was still in the Patriots though, so what they weren't factoring in Tom now? But Wayne Gretzky's resume. I was like, oh shit, like he's the fucking man. Yeah, they they took some guy who was playing twenty six years in the league. Wayne Gretzky was twenty, and they said, this dude who's twenty six years in the league would have to play until the age of sixty just to catch all Wayne Gretzky stats in twenty years.
Speaker 2: And that wild. So I got a question.
Speaker 1: I know, I said eleven six, which I was wrong when I was saying we're eleven six, because we're eleven and five.
Speaker 2: We lost the Rigs in playoffs. That would have been our record.
Speaker 1: But that that year when the Patriots were gonna go undefeeded if they would have won that game. But they have count of all those games, like the like the Dolphins, like when they were saying, like the most the best team ever?
Speaker 2: Like do they is that? Is that the seventy two Dolphins that wanted to feed him? Did they count the playoff? I mean I don't think you count play games.
Speaker 1: If if they would have counted, that's would have been that would have been their record, and they went all the way through.
Speaker 2: I know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: What was if you don't count the playoffs because we don't, you don't count the playoff games?
Speaker 3: So like so like they were about to be the greatest team of all time when they went what nineteen and one or something like there?
Speaker 4: They lost?
Speaker 3: They lost to the Giants, right, But that's what I'm saying. If you don't counts, if you don't count the playoffs.
Speaker 2: What's that they won more games? And dolphins the season? Yeah? What was their total record? Yeah something like that? Yeah right right? Rights by the way, well you know able to be better. It was eight when they went eighteen and one loss of the Giants. I remember watching that was a junior in high school. I remember watching that game. I was so Stephen's House, great football, watching the Patrio, Yes, watching the Patriots. Basically, we don't count the playoff wins unless you're going to feed it. Basically, Yeah, that doesn't really make sense. It's kind of like an asteris, isn't it, Because then our record from the nine and seven season we had the year before would have been twelve and eight, No, twelve and seven, twelve eleven. What are we trying to figure out? Well, I'm saying if you because they don't. You don't count playoff wins, like when you look at people like the people's seasons like nine and seven, eleven and five, whatever. Oh okay, yeah we played that year whatever one. I don't know, I can't do math, but oh, it'd been twenty games, so we played nineteen games, you know. Yeah, but we don't put the record in that. And he's saying, if the Patriots would have won that game, did they now? Are they twenty and oh? You know what I'm saying, does that mean them the greatest team of all time?
Speaker 4: I think?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think the argument would have been there since they went seventeen and oh and won everything defeated season.
Speaker 2: I have a question if you are fifteen to know all right, because next year they're outing another game, isn't there? Like next year is a seventy season, you're for sure going to beat the record if you have, if you're sixteen to o and you have everything tied up, you have the number one seed, and if you have the opportunity to sit guys, should you sit guys or should you go for the like undefeated seventeen to no quest or not? But my point I head coaches, because you know Ra will sit there and Derek, you think we should see you. Ah, you sit guys, you get ready to go when it's not about going underfeet in the in the regular season, it's about winning the super Bowl, right for sure? It is the easiest answer to put you know, yeah, because what if you go put you in or I'm not going to use you. What if you put somebody else in? They get hurt? But you're right, you're right though you sit them. Either way it goes. I mean, and hope to god do you win the game.
Speaker 3: Either way, You're gonna overthink about it, you know what I'm saying. Because even if you say you're like man, I hope they don't come out resting in the playoff game, you know what I'm saying, Especially if you have a bye week one, then you're two weeks.
Speaker 2: Because either way it goes.
Speaker 1: If you if you play that game and then you don't win, then it's like and then if we don't play, even if you end up losing, you get the super Bowl. Yeah, get the super Bowl. That's the that's the that's what matter. Yeah, that's the only thing that matter. It's like once you make the playoffs, like just shut it down, you know, yeah, road less travel. Yeah, I'm like thinking about it. Yeah, for sure thinking about it. If we win, if we win that Green Bay game, I possibly don't play its Houston.
Speaker 2: Isn't that crazy? Yeah? Then you got too you don't get two thousand? Would you okay, would you wanted to play that game? Like, let's say we beat Green Bay and let's ta get a hundred because you have forty eight that game, right, you get a hundred forty eight you have forty eight rushing ers that game because it was a lower Bay Okay, well it wasn't that low, right, Yeah, lets say you get one to Fifty's say you one to fifty in that game, so that would take you too. You needed you know, you need two twenty three whatever the math ends up with one seventy. Whatever it is, you need one seventy to get the record and you're playing it's Houston. But and Rable conceptions says, I want to sit you what do you want to do? I mean, I said, this is like, it's one seventy. It's not like it's fifty yards away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like fifty yards away. Then yeah, but one seventy is like, I mean, I'm gonna sait it. I feel good to feel good going to the playoffs. I mean like we're trying to get ring.
Speaker 2: I get a ring.
Speaker 1: I was sit, but what I want to play that competitor in me and want to go out there and play yeo. But I mean that's the same thing last year. I wanted to play at the Saints, but it was smart we sitting. Then Look that's today actually championship. Yeah, that would help them the team get FC championship.
Speaker 2: People are about all the time. Fans are always like, why won't you play it? Like it's like it's totally different. It's like whatever Brett Farvv was talking about. A couple weeks ago, a couple of days ago, whatever it was. You see the Brett Farr thing. Brett Farr was talking about the show on Watson. I think how he's a little old school and he would never hold it. Said something and I saw a bunch of people on Twitter get upset about it. I think Brett Favre's a stud. But it's like so much about the game has changed. Sitting on this bus is a perfect example of that. Players are actual brands now. It's you know, you can be an old school guy, and I know there's I know ten old school guys right now that I'm probably I could probably listen. It doesn't go it's fucking bullshit. You should just be a football player and that's it. But you know, you know I'm not gonna read that. Well, go ahead, as I'm kind of old school. I think you play.
Speaker 3: You paid a ton of money to do a certain job and just do it and let the chips fall where they may. I think we make too much money to voice an opinion, but I'm not saying he's wrong.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 3: I think it's a different day in time, and it will be interesting to see how the organization handles it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I just disagree with that.
Speaker 3: Shout out in Georgia Boot no free shoutouts America's hardest working boot. They're now making boots as tough as you, wildly comfortable at it extremely hordable price.
Speaker 4: These boys hold up in any condition. As you can see, the boys got snow on them.
Speaker 3: They were out in Texas hunting, outdoors, indoors, working out. Whatever you want to do. These boots can do it all, whether you want work boots, wedges, loggers, whatever you need, waterproof boots, steel toe, soft toe, square toe, metgard, non puncture shank, non slip sole, They've got it all. You can dance in the snow on them. You can run around in the snow on them. You can do anything in the snow on them. Go to georgiaboot dot com and use code busting for twenty percent off. That's georgiaboot dot com. Use code busting for twenty percent off. Back to the boys, it's made too much money to voice an opinion like that's that is the big reason why you have this bus. It's like you get sick of, you know, athletes and stuff being boxed into something and having basically a cattle call to where we are uniformed our entire career with the team, and the only thing that differentiates you is your number. And then when that team's done you, needing you and using you, you know they're not gonna make sure you transition to the next thing. So guys are like taking it upon themselves a little more now they know we know we have more of a voice, and guys are branding a little different way differently because they're trying to build a resume to transition after the game is over. Like guys who sit there and say, hey, stick to playing football, those same guys went to college and build resumes because you're taught to be well rounded and have a lot of different skills. So they're going out into the real world being good at their crap but also working on side hustles and doing other things. But we have to say box in and be athletes, right, But why can't we build our resume, our brand or influence or whatever we have because we have the short window where we get ahead start and you want to build that to help you transition because when we are done, everybody's not going to hold our hand to make sure we get some job like you got to start working on yourself while you have while the iron is hot, Like that's why you want to put different irons in the fire.
Speaker 2: So I do think it's a different day. I mean, I definitely disagree with that.
Speaker 3: But there's like a select elite amount of guys who get to marketing gigs who are going to get to transition into the broadcasting booth. Like there's a one percent of our one percent already, Like those guys are gonna get the big deals, you know, I know, like you yourself, Like you get.
Speaker 2: Old spice and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Obviously you do so fashions, you brand, you do all those things too, Like there's a very small one percent of guys who get those types of gigs. Everybody else like you don't know when your time's gonna end. You don't know when it's gonna be over your salary, and that's it.
Speaker 2: And then you have to help put those in stocks and hopefully diversify your portfolio right so that if you know, something like oh wait, recesion happens again, you don't get caught up in too much real estate or too much this, too much that, and then dips and ebbs and flows of the market and you're like you're there, and everyone's like, well, shut up and play football because you get paid, you know, so much money. Right, It's like, you know, if I make sixteen million dollars in my career and someone makes, you know, five hundred thousand dollars a year, well, eventually they're gonna surpass me. Right, thirty two years, they're gonna be right there making the same amount of money. You're such a short time to do what you can in your prime, Like eventually you're not gonna be able to play football anymore. Eventually I'm not gonna be able to play So you know, it's just the reality. And it's like, you know, to start thinking about your future late, like we're almost done, is something you shouldn't do anymore. There's so there's so much, especially in the social media where there's so many things, right it is, it's a new age, it's a new a new school of thinking.
Speaker 3: But all people talk about is like, you know what what what gets the most eyes and traffic and clicks and influence and stuff, And we have a head start in that, So why don't you learn how to start trying to figure out to be more of a well rounded athlete. Obviously the number one one priority is football. But it's like you're gonna go uh you said this before, Alex, Are you gonna go an hour or two to do a podcast or what you wants to go home? An hour or two to take a nap?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Like some dudes go and play video games that may not stream it, I mean something stream it. They can make money doing that. I said to me, playing video games for an hour. I'm sitting here with you guys talking for an hour. The zero difference other than I'm just making the smarter move than you. Like I said, No, eventually one day we're not gonna be able to play footba on the morning.
Speaker 6: I mean.
Speaker 1: So that's why you know, you got to take advantage or what you have right now while you got it. Absolutely, And that's I mean, that's to always be the mindset because it's a business, I'm saying, and like you said, we all have our own brand.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day.
Speaker 1: Football, you know it's not going to be for be for forever, but why it is here, take advantage of everything that offers while you're playing.
Speaker 3: So then when your trajectory is going from this, like college, I committed somewhere, Okay, I playing in the league, a few years in the league, and then when you're done playing, you know relevant sometimes saying the relevance matters, but I'm talking about the moment you have to take advantage and shake the most hands you can into. Your jokes are funny, you're better looking when you're playing your all this stuff before it falls off. You want to build this brand so that way it can help transition you Like who knows how many fashion things you might be get to be involved in, Like you just don't know. And you know, I think I think it's gonna look way different even ten years from now. I think it's transitional right now. And guys just don't. It's like jumping through some mental hurdles because you know, it's like it's like sort of from the.
Speaker 2: Stuff out there. Yeah, it's kind of yourself out there. It leaves more for people to judge. For sure. If I go out here and during the fall, I come and do an hour of this podcast, we lose one game and be like, well, Taylor doesn't give a funk about the team, right when you know, damn you know, damn Well, I here probably more than most guys.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: It's like, and when you don't have control of that like image, you don't want your coaches to think you're not you're you're kind of bullshit, and you don't want your teammates to think, oh, you know, he's caring about that or like guy, you know, guys deal with some mental hurdles.
Speaker 4: A little bit.
Speaker 2: Transitions. Yeah, that's just how who knows what's going to look like?
Speaker 1: Does it mean it's the world you can't change? You can't change, right, Yeah, but I'm just saying. I'm saying for you, use an example. We lose a game and you on the podcast.
Speaker 2: That's just how people, Oh, you should be focused on this. It's like should I'm focused?
Speaker 1: Just like now we do this and imagine how much people gonna take the nation and try to oh this and that that and that's take it, you know.
Speaker 2: Right, take it out of context, or take it in any direction they want that happens. You know what all that means, You're just clicking more busting with the boys. And guess what he worked against you?
Speaker 3: Now you know what I'm saying, Well, yeah, hopefully whatever athletes do listen and hopefully they listen to this part because it's like, you know, you gotta take advantage, man, you do because the game, the game uses you. Gotta you got to learn to make the sport work for you, not just work for the sports the whole time.
Speaker 2: Ironic far as the perfect example of not doing that. Like what's Brett doing right now? He doesn't have a platform. I mean, he's got the Wrangler stuff, he's got the but but he's doing all that stuff now. If if he was playing this age with his talent, he'd be on every damn progressive commercial losing his keys, just like Baker Mayfield does. You know, yeah, go back to the damn security line.
Speaker 1: But really, if you think about it, everybody's opinion on the son Deshaun's situation, it's really just people outside looking in, Like nobody knows, no one knows what it's gonna be, different opinion, people gonna say different things, everybody's gonna agree, everybody's gonna disagree. So I mean, really just everybody outside looking in because nobody knows what's going on.
Speaker 3: Right, and no one's really ever seen a situation like that, and no one knows how to you know, judge it or do anything else other than say, just focus on football.
Speaker 2: Why is he doing this?
Speaker 3: Like Brett would retire and then come out of retirement, like he would hold teams hossage a little bit, you know what I mean. Like he would be like, Okay, I don't know if I'm gonna play next year, you know, Aaron Rodgers, like you know, what's the drama in Green Bay?
Speaker 2: And then he comes out of retirement.
Speaker 3: Then he goes into retirement, then he goes with the Vikings like you know, he did his stuff too, And it's.
Speaker 2: Nothing against him either, because I think when you play in that old school football ten fifteen, twenty years ago and you grow up in that there is you think of all the guys you played with and how they would view it. You don't think so much about how you view the situation. Because I think if Brett really took a look in the mirror, he kind of realized, well, I'm doing copper Fit, I'm doing Wrangler, I'm doing all these things, like it's no different if I was still slinging the pigskin. And I think I think that's it's the reason why people don't jump off the cliff to try to try to fly themselves is because they're more worried about what other people think and not worried about what they truly want in life. And I think that I think that's one thing that if Brett really was sitting here on the couch right now, he probably think of it differently, because you know, all the things he does do and all the opportunities there are and lightness and brand and you know, you have over a million followers on Instagram. You've over a million followers on Instagram. You can make so much money, you can make so much influence, you can do so much not only for your bank account but for the world. You know, absolutely, and there should be nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: But you know, guy guys are are worried about that, you know. I mean, I'm worried about it during the season, I'm worried about you know, fuck what if I post too much about this or should I even do any busts with the boys stuff? Should I even you know? And it plays with your head, and then what happens, You're actually less focused on the game. You can become less focused on the football game because you're like, what should I should and shouldn't do? When if you just did whatever and advertise. But it's difficult and that's that's why I don't do it during the season. It's it's a difficult thing to uh, to navigate and these new waters that no one is really doing right now, right right, right, right right, because we are the first We are the first podcast by active athletes ever.
Speaker 3: And I don't know about active athletes, active nflfs, he said, active athletes.
Speaker 2: Athletes ever in the history. But I do think, you know, I do hope DeShawn leaves because you know, yeah, better for the AFC south Y. I think whatever I mean, Deshaun wants to win football games. He's got the great contract and that's all. And I think, I'm not a football player. I'm not a quarterback. I'm a football player. I'm not a quarterback. I'm no, I'm I'm almost I'm going to say I'm not a quarterback. I'm not a quarterback. But if you're the staple of foundation of that franchise and they're doing things, you know, I guarantee Aaron Rodgers was in on a bunch of stuff. Maybe not this past draft, but he was in on a bunch of ship before Peyton Manning was a part of everything. Tom Brady is a part of everything. I mean, you're talking about the brand stuff. No, I'm talking about I'm transitioning to DeShawn talking about whether he like Decision Maker really, if he wants to leave, if you know he wants to leave by the owner or the GM and all this, and I think it's a crazy little but I don't fault him for it. He just wants to go win games. Yeah, and he wants his hand and who's coming, who's going. I think I don't know the kid like that. I know he's an unbelievable football player. Great discussion, boys, great, Yeah, great dialogue. Wendy's Burgers versus the rest of the world. Please can we talk about discussion.
Speaker 3: I know you wanted to have this to cut discussion because when I did the tweeting the video, You're like.
Speaker 1: I never really said Windy's was the best burg in the where I said from the places that we were arguing about. Everybody was bringing in different arguments as far as the best restaurant that had burgers. I was saying, when they's are better than theirs. I never said Winnis was the best. I was saying, yeah, Whinny's is better than than the ones that that other people were asking.
Speaker 2: You didn't say Wendy's was the best fast food burger. No, I'm not. It's too hard to choose.
Speaker 3: I was saying that, Look, I might have fabricated a little bit for the for the drama, for the dramatic attle bit.
Speaker 2: I'll let you, I'll let you have it.
Speaker 1: They were just saying, like, like somebody came up with who they thought was the best, and I was like, no, it's something else better than that.
Speaker 2: Then it was this and that.
Speaker 1: I might have said Wendy's more than I said other places, but I didn't say when.
Speaker 2: Isn't the best?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you were saying when you did say Wendy's was better than In and Out? You said when you said Wendy's was better than what a burger like the ones that are? I know, I didn't say, And do you like what a burger better than in and out?
Speaker 2: Said? Again, you like what a burger better than in and Out? For sure?
Speaker 3: And five guys you said Wendy's was better than five guys? Yes, I did say that, But that's do you want to you wanna do you want to elaborate on that you want to think about it probably.
Speaker 2: Best you do.
Speaker 6: I mean.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say that now, I wouldn't say it's it's better, but I mean they're they're both pretty good.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, it's what do you mean? They're both pretty good?
Speaker 1: Five guys is five guys is good to have good burgers, good Friesen says, good burgers and good fries.
Speaker 2: Which burger are you picking? Wendy's or five guys?
Speaker 6: M keep do?
Speaker 3: I honestly I wanted to like have a couple of burgers so we could just do this, and we should have do that. We should have done that, We should have done that. I can't get in and out because it's the best one. It is by far the best one, the freshest, most delicious, baby with love.
Speaker 2: You can tell.
Speaker 3: You don't know for fact though, that it's the freshest, because a lot, a lot of these burger spots are doing the.
Speaker 2: Within Well have you had whataburger? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I had it actually in Texas recently within twenty miles and oops, what are you?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, it's right within twenty miles of the franchise. Oops, within twenty miles of the in and out franchise. You have to be able to get all your your stuff, your tomatoes, your veget all your ingredients has to be within twenty miles of that in and out franchise. That's why they don't expand. So what other places doing that? So what is the freshest? I was just yeah, I was just wanting to small drive. I don't have to refer to what you're gonna ask. So you're saying there is no burger bed in and out, I would say he's basically saying nothing cheeseburger. Yeah, I would say that's probably the best the buns do. You're saying plain cheeseburger, no sauce, no nothing, no. Obviously, the way they make the playing cheeseburger goddamn. Well, I'm just I'm just I'm making it clear for our view. Like Junior, the bacon eator is like the Windy's one.
Speaker 3: Right, when I try burger, I don't put bacon on it like I want like the cheese, the less, the tomato, and then the condiments that come on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what are the courniments because at five guys, you get sixty five condiments. You hadup and mustard. I've had what a burger. I was unimpressed. I actually had a exactly yeah, give me some dude, what burger is good? It is fire. I was fresh at the surgery, literally like fifteen minutes oft of surgery. Is like a nice like you pick it up and it's like a heavy, nice burger. That's what we had, like one. You don't remember what burger. He did have it right after surgery. Drugs could have played into that average at best, d what burger is good?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yes, in and Oukland. Oh yeah, then you know, yeah, I think I think is better than thank you. We'll just agree something. We'll just had a hunting trip in Texas. He's mister country guy now, so he probably he's still.
Speaker 6: You go.
Speaker 2: You go somewhere and you're like, oh, I'm a part of this. I'm a local, and you feel the water burger. I'm a Texan. Also, that's what he did.
Speaker 1: I will go to say, shake shack is better than in and out, Derek, I shake is fire fire fire.
Speaker 2: Sorry he said something I thought, my kid, I got a little water in get mad at you shake shack or in and out? You tell me shake schecker in and out? I think shake shack.
Speaker 5: Look at it.
Speaker 4: There we go.
Speaker 2: That's a class as a class, nobody else in here is things nobody else not. I will say this, I can't get mad at you, Derek, that your palette is that of a six year old. Okay, I can't get mad at you about that. I I'm sorry you don't understand freshness and the way in and out handles their cheeseburgers. Will. I know you're kind of an ebbs and flow go with what everybody else is doing things. So I also don't blame you for you donies you have when you're like Will doing there? What's he doing there?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: He thinks he's a tough guy. Now you just make your own.
Speaker 1: And what a burger absolutely deserves big hugs and tiny kisses.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I've never I've never had shake shack. Five guys is better than all of those. Okay, we're off of Will, all right. I do think five guys is the best. The junior cheeseburger. I swear to God. I swear to God. I swear to God. We're done, I promise, man, indicators you have have a junior cheeseburger.
Speaker 3: Well, so we were going on that day and I didn't want to have the big one because I knew I was going to eat a couple more burgers, so I was like, all right, let me get the junior. And I was like, it's not as sloppy because those big ones that you five guys that get a little sloppy, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But that junior, your cheeseburger. It was nice. It was enough. It was nice.
Speaker 3: But Wendy's wasn't. Wendy's was never really. I did try Wendy's. I tried with an open heart and open mind, like you did.
Speaker 4: I did, I just didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I didn't see what you saw. And you gave me a recommendation of the place that I went in with an open mind and open That's bullshit, dude, you didn't. You didn't say, And boy, where'd you go? I'm I'm not gonna do that.
Speaker 2: No, we'll bleep it out, would you. Oh my lord? Yeah? Fire, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: It's down and it's by uh fights, fights, and I do like fight fight heads. Listen, plodcast is over.
Speaker 2: We got to bring it in. Thank you guys for having me. I appreciate it. Love it for the boys, always for the boys. Thank you very much there coming on part