Speaker 1: Hey, welcome back.
Speaker 2: Hope everybody had a wonderful holiday. Yes, if it wasn't that great, I hope you just survived.
Speaker 1: You know, you got through it at works.
Speaker 2: Sometimes that's all you can do. We got a brand new second date for you today. It's coming up in this episode, but first a comment. What do you got? Yeah, Xavier said, The funniest thing I saw today was that Spotify recommended second date updates under the relationship advice section.
Speaker 1: It did you officially made it?
Speaker 2: I hope that Spotify realizes this isn't good advice. Yeah, I say right, Clearly they didn't listen to the same Yeah, alright, you ever.
Speaker 1: Go judge for yourself?
Speaker 2: Is this advice or not?
Speaker 1: Your second date? Brand new episode starts right now.
Speaker 3: The second date update Brooke.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you something I've seen a quick yay nay or hay? Neighbor okay. Underrated quality in the dating world today self awareness?
Speaker 2: Hey neighbor, Oh.
Speaker 1: Why don't you wear the neighbor?
Speaker 5: If you're talking to was it quite sure?
Speaker 3: Why to respond that way?
Speaker 2: It would be a yes, But it's more fun to say.
Speaker 3: That, yeah it is.
Speaker 1: You didn't need the sultry part of it. Though, like, neighbor, is your wife out right?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 4: Aware it's a little much, but yeah, self awareness. It just it feels like kind of a rare thing nowadays.
Speaker 2: Oh man. It doesn't exist on social media, that's for sure, or on the show.
Speaker 4: But one of our listeners, Leon has it because he messaged us saying he believes he knows why he's being blown off because he is an unabashed love bombers how he rolls and maybe it's not for everybody, but it's his preferred style.
Speaker 1: So Leon, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: Hey, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Okay, are you proud of being a love bomber?
Speaker 7: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 8: I mean, I just think it's my natural style. I like going over the top for girls, and Okay.
Speaker 6: If we're being honest with each other, I'm not getting a ton of matches out there, so the ones that I am getting, I really want to go over the top and really try to connect with them.
Speaker 2: All right, Right, I'm excited to hear what he did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll get to the love bomb fest in just a second.
Speaker 1: But tell us first about this lady that you met. What's her name? Where'd you meet her?
Speaker 8: Her name is Angela and I just met her at the grocery store the other day, and she.
Speaker 2: Was so cute.
Speaker 7: She had like auburn hair and green eyes.
Speaker 8: She was really beautiful, interesting, but I worked up the courage to ask her out.
Speaker 2: Grocery store meetup is a love bomber's dream, right, what do you mean? It's just like every rom com ever, and love bombers love to live out the.
Speaker 1: End up in my card, I think it is for you exactly.
Speaker 4: You're talking about a bag of flower I guess, yeah, that is kind of romantic.
Speaker 8: It was actually a bag of avocados.
Speaker 1: Wow, twenty four hours, I know, just drop like a stack of hundreds in front of her, don't you do?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? Bag of avocados You had to squished before you found the perfect one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, already you've put a lot of effort in more than most memoirs this roman.
Speaker 1: Let's get to the actual day. What did you do when you met up?
Speaker 8: Well, we just got coffee and wasn't that long either, We only had like twenty minutes.
Speaker 7: She you know, she's high class.
Speaker 5: She has a really good job.
Speaker 7: I don't even understand her job.
Speaker 8: She's clearly very smart.
Speaker 1: How cool it is.
Speaker 2: I have so many friends like that, where they probably eight hundred times what they do.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, I.
Speaker 3: Have no idea, zero follow up questions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, cool, all right, that's nicer dating a smart lady.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: In that time, I could just tell that we were vibing. I was making her laugh. I don't know, she's like sort of touching my hand a little bit.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 1: Wow, she touched your hand. That's really good, touching it or swatting it away.
Speaker 5: You're basically like strangers at this point.
Speaker 2: You've never even talked, which is why I think twenty minutes is okay. It's almost like a pre date that you you know, it's like a screener.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, well give us the big like highlight moment from the coffee date.
Speaker 7: I don't know. We were talking about how booth of our therapists also need therapy, but we both were talking.
Speaker 8: About how much we believe in therapy overall.
Speaker 7: She's very fashionable.
Speaker 8: We were talking about our outfits and at the end I didn't try to kiss there, but there was like a long hug, okay, like where she.
Speaker 2: Was also holding you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is where his love.
Speaker 3: Bombing comes in.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and then I said I'd reach out and we left it at that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, so it doesn't sound like you keep saying you love you're like into love bombing. But all of this sounds really normal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm a little exaggerated.
Speaker 7: Well, I did do a few things afterwards.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, what'd you do?
Speaker 7: I don't know. Maybe she thought I overdid it, but I'm not sorry. I posted the Instagram story of the city skyline and I captioned it today felt different, and I tagged her in it.
Speaker 3: Oh do you think that's that bad?
Speaker 5: He found her on instad and then tapped her and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he didn't post a picture of her that she didn't know was taken.
Speaker 1: I mean, that doesn't sound too bad. What was there more?
Speaker 8: I also created a Spotify playlist titled US, and I texted it.
Speaker 2: There, No, this is like what my angsty self did at sixteen for boys that I like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can always come back from them being like I met like us, like the USA United States.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm not weird and clinging. Yeah, Okay, he's.
Speaker 2: Not apologetic, chef. He's not going to make excuses.
Speaker 1: No, and you should.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm not sorry about it. I mean US means.
Speaker 2: Us, okay, but there's no US yet when you've only spent twenty minutes with someone, that's kind of the problem.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: I think that a lot of people would appreciate what you're doing once you're in a relationship together.
Speaker 1: Okash, Was that the end of the love bombing or is there any more?
Speaker 7: I mean afterwards, I've been calling her and I spent multiple text messages.
Speaker 5: I was just not getting any feedback from her.
Speaker 1: That's not bad.
Speaker 4: Tax collectors do that to me, and I don't think that's love bombing.
Speaker 2: So I mean, I don't mean to be mean because I think your heart is in the right place, but you're kind of scaring her. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what we'll find out from her if she picks up the phone, Yeah, with to call Angela and figure out if he crossed her line. Yeah, because if she was reciprocating their love bombing back and forth, it'd be a different story.
Speaker 1: Yes, So, how long has it been since the coffee date?
Speaker 5: That was two and a half weeks ago?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: I think the better question is how long has it been since the last voicemail you left her?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: That was three hours ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, no, it's the morning.
Speaker 4: What the She's probably not up yet, that's why she didn't answer. He had. Yes, this is a big misunderstanding. I'm sure, Leon, and we're going to clear it all up when we call Angela for your second date update right after this hold.
Speaker 3: On second date update.
Speaker 4: If you're just joining us, our listener, Leon told us that he is a self proclaimed love bomber.
Speaker 1: Proudly yes.
Speaker 4: What does that mean after his twenty minute coffee date with Angela, Well, it means he left her multiple voicemails, countless text messages, and even created a Spotify playlist titled us and he is not sorry about it, because when Leon feels it's right, he is going to go for it full force and drop a love nuke right on you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get nobody likes nuclear bombs. I mean that's a yeah.
Speaker 4: Oppenheimer was kind of a But unfortunately we're not sure Angela survived the love bombing because she stopped responding altogether. It's not looking great, but in an exercise of optimism here, there's always the chance she's building up her own romantic arsenal to love bomb you right back.
Speaker 1: Did you think about that, Leon, that is really optimistic.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I did not that would be great.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean you got a lot to live up to, so it could take some time.
Speaker 2: Here's the question. If it was too much for her, are you willing to tone it down until you're in a actual relationship with the other person.
Speaker 7: I yeah, yes, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You're asking him to change himself, to change himself. I'm just asking him to like.
Speaker 1: To be a different person. No, you're not a different person.
Speaker 2: You can still be romantic. It's just maybe little doses instead of all at Wan.
Speaker 4: Tone down love bombers possible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fortunately, it's just not very healthy.
Speaker 4: You don't have to take advice from Brooks. She's been stuck in a marriage for like fifteen Okay, don't try that. Okay, let's just go. We're about to call her and brook if she does answer, should we bring up the love bombing to her? Because normally I would say no, let's try to avoid this, but it's so out there, so frequent, I don't think we can get around it.
Speaker 2: After the playlist titled us, it's something we can't yeah, shy away from. It'll feel better to know that he is self aware of it. Honestly, like that. Yeah, that might actually change her mind on the whole thing.
Speaker 1: I'll just try not to use the term love bomb.
Speaker 2: What are you going to say?
Speaker 1: I know, well it's I'll just say some nice gestures. We'll see how that goes on. Okay, let's see. Yeah, we'll see if she even answers. I'm a dollar number right now. Let's do this.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hi is this Angela?
Speaker 5: This is Angela who's calling.
Speaker 1: We're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 8: Hi.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Oh.
Speaker 2: God, I don't want to Hi, good morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: We are very excited to get to talk to you because we've we've actually heard a lot about you.
Speaker 5: Hey, okay, he's in a good mood.
Speaker 3: Guy.
Speaker 4: Hopefully this keeps going because one of our listeners has asked us to.
Speaker 1: Get a hold of you. A guy you went on a date with named Leon.
Speaker 5: Oh God, that guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, he's a funny dude.
Speaker 5: Huh, he's a lot I mean, he's a lot of something.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, okay, interesting character or what interesting is a good word for it.
Speaker 1: You are being very very polite, Angela.
Speaker 2: That's great, that's great. I mean, honestly, I'm just glad you're not scared.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, let's not start there with that word.
Speaker 3: It worried, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: We were curious. We were curious.
Speaker 4: About what you think of Leon in the two and a half weeks since your date ended, because we've heard a lots happened.
Speaker 5: I mean I pretty much knew. I mean we only met for like maybe thirty minutes our date, but like I mean, I knew during the date that it wasn't gonna work out.
Speaker 2: Oh oh no, Oh you didn't want to take it any further then, huh.
Speaker 5: No, And he has been calling and texting a lot.
Speaker 4: Okay, don't take hints, by the way, totally, but if you don't mind me asking, Angela, can you tell us what happened like on the date.
Speaker 5: I mean it honestly, it started like right away, like you know, we were meeting for coffee, and he got there early to get us a seat or whatever. So like he saw me pull in, you know, I got one of those money spots right in front, and I get out, and you know, he gives me a hug or whatever when I come in, and he was like, oh, that's a nice car. How did you afford that? Are you an only vans.
Speaker 2: What Oh wow, that's what he said.
Speaker 5: Was literally that was the greeting are you on only? Like at one point I complimented his jacket and he said, I don't usually dress up, but I have court today and he's not a lawyer, and I was like, why are you going to court? Because that's what you do when somebody said that.
Speaker 2: I know, and You're just like loaded question.
Speaker 5: You know, you wouldn't tell me. He was like, no, I don't want to talk about it. And I was like, you said it, yes, yeah.
Speaker 2: Why would you say the court part?
Speaker 1: Yeah, things are to become a little more clear.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was a lot well and then okay, well and then like the kicker for.
Speaker 3: Me was there more Okay, okay.
Speaker 5: So we're roles in therapy, which was open about that, and so like that's good. Yeah, Like he told me that his therapist told him that he needs to stop proposing to girls on dates.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 5: As he's staring deeply into my eyes, so I start sweating, like I'm thinking, oh my god, he's got a proposal.
Speaker 1: Well, how is that a bad thing?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 5: Jeff?
Speaker 1: It feels the attraction to you so strongly that he wants to get down on a knee. It's like a Jeff is being sarcastic.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: Okay, well this is clearly a lot. But you know what's not crazy is a man who loves love and a man who loves listening on the other phone line while we have a conversation on the radio. That man would be Leon, and he is here.
Speaker 1: At the moment.
Speaker 2: Hi, Angela, Oh Hi, that's not too much of a surprise, honestly, this guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's uh, it's been a lot. The texting and the calling is a lot. The Spotify playlist labeled us now a lot.
Speaker 7: I get it.
Speaker 5: See the only fans thing is weird.
Speaker 7: Okay, the only fan It was a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oh, he can explain it, he says, Okay, because we need to go through these things that you said to her on the date, Leon, They're they're pretty shocking.
Speaker 7: I mean it was kind of a joke, but I also just meant it as a compliment. I mean, the girls in there are like gorgeous millionaires.
Speaker 2: Okay, Leoni, Now, we don't want to admit to someone we're dating that we spend a lot of time.
Speaker 5: I read about it.
Speaker 2: You recovery.
Speaker 1: He's so, he's so versed.
Speaker 2: Did we jump to the court?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, date?
Speaker 1: What was going on? You said you had court that day?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Doesn't everybody have court? I mean, like what I.
Speaker 1: Were you a juror?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: But what.
Speaker 1: Well doesn't you can't play the theoretical game.
Speaker 4: And we don't have a lot of time here, But I do have to ask you about your therapist warning you not to propose.
Speaker 1: To women like on first dates. Is this is this a thing you do.
Speaker 7: On first dates?
Speaker 8: It's happened on like third dates.
Speaker 7: Jesus, you guys are making me sound weird or something. I just myself and I love love.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is the point where we encourage you to listen to your therapist.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I am listening to my therapists, and I feel like she would want me to ask you, didn't you feel anything when we were together? Weren't you having a good time?
Speaker 5: I mean I felt nervous. I suppose.
Speaker 7: That's totally fair. I told you that. I mean, of course, you're entitled to feel however you want, because I'm feeling however I want.
Speaker 5: Okay, But why then does me not responding to text and call not let you know how I feel.
Speaker 7: I appreciate when people are direct with me.
Speaker 8: That's all.
Speaker 5: For some reason, I have a hard time believing that that would actually work with you. But correctly, I'm saying not into it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because despite what Leon's therapist suggests, I'm going to propose that the two of you go out on another date.
Speaker 2: Well said, just one more man who can't understand what you're trying to say.
Speaker 4: Angela, I'm legally obligated, not a court way, but I am obligated to ask you if you'd like to see each other one more time, and we'd pay for it.
Speaker 1: Angela, it's up to you.
Speaker 5: No, I don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: I am absolutely shocked. I did not see this coming, Angela.
Speaker 2: Leon did you hear her?
Speaker 7: I heard her.
Speaker 8: I respect it, and I don't want to dance with somebody who doesn't want to dance with me.
Speaker 1: That was a lyric from his Spotify playlist. I hope she got there.
Speaker 3: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: It's funny.
Speaker 4: The love bombing part actually had nothing to do with her saying no to another date.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's starting just being rude.
Speaker 4: She'd already said no in her mind before it to be fair. But you know, if you're a romantic person at heart and you like doing things for other people, I think that's good. But on dates one through three you really have to resist. And not just the proposing like Leon loves to do, I mean on all of it.
Speaker 1: You gotta hold back because it's too much, too soon. Yeah, society, it's you can't do it.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's never been good.
Speaker 1: It's exactly, and it's healthy.
Speaker 2: You know, it's healthy to develop a connection with someone before you drop down on one knee and a coffee shop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good thought.
Speaker 4: Ironically, the people who enjoy love bombing the most are the ones working on only fans and apparently he just read about it.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, kind of doom from the start.
Speaker 4: But look, if you want to go to Spotify and check out our podcast or this new playlist I just made called them for Leon and Angela, go find us, type in Brook and Jeffrey and subscribe wherever you get your podcasts.