Speaker 1: The Door responded to Dylan Gabriel's comments for the first time to day, Oh yo, let's take a list of what you do or had to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, honestly, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't even think about nothing, and I don't think about anything if it's not words or anything. You know, at this point, can't do anything to me, you know, I know, you know that God put the ability and the power within me to not even think about nobody else's comments, not care. It is what it is. I spoke with him. He said, nah, bro, that wasn't he said. That wasn't he told me on the plane he came up. He was like, nah, bro, that wasn't at you. I see how they trying to spend I'm like, oh right, I'm not tripping. Regardless of whatever it was, I don't nobody's words or anything affects me, you know. So could you believe him on you did?
Speaker 1: I believe it?
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like you're trying to start stuff now. I feel like you're trying to start stuff. I mean, he's doing his job he's supposed to. Don't feel like he did. I don't know, And that's not on me to sit here and be like, oh, he did, he did it. That's not gonna change my life in any way.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, When they ask you, did you believe it? He could say, yeah, I believe it. What do you say? He says, ain't enough for me to believe it. He know what it was?
Speaker 2: You, Hey, you know what it was. You know you don't care nothing about that. You don't care. Hey, you just want to play ball, baby, that's it. I want my opportunity. I want my chance to shine. All the outside noise, all the distractions, I ain't paying none of that, no mind.
Speaker 1: He distracted. He started this, He started it. Don't yo, Look if you do. At this point, says, Look, what someone says is not going to impact, doesn't make me better, doesn't make me worse. What somebody has to say, I still have to go out there and do my job. And when giving the opportunity, that's exactly what I'll do.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Cut.
Speaker 2: But you got been going through this for a minute. It's the first time somebody had something to say about him. They've been they've been digging at him for for a long time. He's been prepared for this, he's been.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but normally the people that's taking shots that me ain't on my team. That'd be that, that would be like that would be like the team we we we we are family here. Now somebody else taking shots. Okay, we deal with that. We we Hey, we come together. Yeah, oh you let that go. But we can't be we can't be throwing rocks inside our own house and break out a window.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, but it's the NFL. We ain't here to make friends.
Speaker 1: I'm here. I'm here.
Speaker 2: I'm here to take your job. I got I got kids, I got miles. The baby need milk.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Child support dude. Yeah, man, it's Mercedes Benz. I got to pay the bill, I got mortgage. I ain't here to be your friend. I'm not supported like you.
Speaker 1: We here to compete. What we talk about, okay? Him or not?
Speaker 2: Man, please, I don't see you. I got miles of feed.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Interesting. I wonder I wonder if if that was the situation, and then to ask you something about something like, look, hey, I don't care if the guy came from the same team I came from. Hey, we went to college together. I don't care enough about that. I'm here to compete. Mhmm.
Speaker 2: They should have asked, I would have answered it the right way. M hm, I would have answered it the right way.
Speaker 1: I think. I think Shador has been coached very very well. But he did a lot of laughing in that to keep from seeing what he really felt and how you really feel. You know, you know that, o't Joe. He's laughing pretty much the whole interview.
Speaker 2: He's savvy. He's savvy in front of that camera. He's been doing it for so long.
Speaker 1: Huh oh, yeah, for sure doing it for a minute. It's just tough. At the end of the day, Look, get my opportunities. What he or somebody says about me, doesn't change it. It doesn't make me play better, it doesn't make me play worse. That's his opinion. He said what he said. I just have to do what I have to do. Once I get up, when I get my opportunity, I go make plays. That's it. It's really that simple, O Joe. I mean, there ain't really There's not a whole lot of other ways around it. There's no sense in me saying, oh, oh this that whatever. At the end of the day, this is what it's about. And uh, I'm gonna go do my job and uh, but I guess even more interesting. According to Pro Football Hall of Famer Eric Dickerson, the NFL told teams not to draft Door. The NFL told teams, don't draft him, We're gonna make an example out of him. Somebody crawled the Browns and said, don't do that, don't draft him. Or it says don't not drafted, right because he said don't draft him, because but the Browns ended up taking him, or don't do him like that. Oh but the Browns took out Well okay, wow, somebody called the Browns and said, don't do that, don't draft him. Now we have a case study. I mean, the judge once said that he believed that they were in collusion. There's a text message chain now email Jeff Passion, Roger Goodell. They've gotten better now, well, basically it looks like they are saying, hey, we got to keep these salaries down. They're getting out of control. So this is not out of the realm of possibly. But I get that, oh yo, I get that. We want to suppress the salaries for as long as we can to keep them from skyrocking, even even though the value of teams are increasing exponentially. The revenue is increasing exponentially. But revenue is increasing, but we want to keep wages low. It's like it's kind of like what we see in the real world. Minimum wage ain't moved in years. What's what is the minimum wage? Seven fifty seven thirty seven to fifty is that minimum wage? I think seven fifty because it used to be three thirty seven. I remember when I was a kid, it was three thirty seven hour. Now it's seven fifty seven twenty five. My bad. I gave you all a quarter more than you had. Oh yo. So you see all these wages h CEO CFO coos. We see everybody but the worker his wage, His or her wages are still seven twenty five. That's minimum. So in other words, everything gets to increase. The cost of living goes up, housing, food, cars, wa just stays the same. I see my bosses, I see everybody else is going here, but the workers they stay here. So as the players are seeing like these franchises going for six billion, the valuation is ten billion, the evaluation is twelve billion. We see TV revenue, what ESPN, What are Amazon, Netflix, NBC, CBS. We see what they're willing to pay. So those are increasing. They gotta check every listening chat, every team gotta check for four hundred and thirty two million. That's before that's just from TV. Now. I didn't mention anything about local television, local advertising, parking, ticket sales, concession merchandise. I didn't mention anything about that. So while everything explodes, let's suppress the players. Am I am I missing something?
Speaker 2: Don't Joe, No, you're not. But that listen, when we watched the draft, you wonder why mel Kipe was going off the way.
Speaker 1: It was man losing his mind.
Speaker 2: Losing his mind because he know good and well he was a top three pick in the first round.
Speaker 1: He knew that.
Speaker 2: We all knew that. If you watch the game of football, if you look at the quarterbacks that went before, she do her. I mean, hello, the only one who's looked decent this offseason, this preseason. He plays in New York. He plays in New York. Outside of that, the Saints still don't have a quarterback. No, the Sins picked at nine.
Speaker 1: If I'm not mistaken, right, I think there might have been nine.
Speaker 2: The Steelers still one. Yeah, I mean, come on, man, come on man. And then the people that are oblivious that that purposely turned the blind eye and that oblivious. Oh why would the owners collude? Why would they care? I'm like, you know what, and it's like it's almost like you can't be that. You can come on, man, y'all pick and choose when, when when they use logic, when they have common sense, when to see the bigger picture, when to understand why they would this specific individual like come on.
Speaker 1: Man, oh Joe. This is what Edie said. This is his full quote. I tell you this much what I heard from someone that's in the NFL that the NFL told teams don't draft him, do not draft him. We're going to make an example out of him. And this came from a very good source, a very good source. But apparently Shador had fallen much further than anticipated, and some league officials called the Browns and forced them to take him with one hundred and forty fourth overall pick. He said that I won't say who somebody called the Cleveland Browns and said, don't do that. Draft him because they weren't going to draft him either. They were forced into drafting him because somebody made that call to them. I heard a very similar situation with the Michael Sam situation. So this is not now. I'm not listening. I'm not saying that this is true. I'm not saying that Michael Sam's situation is true. But I did hear that that there was a call. And it's funny that the Rams drafted the kid from Missouri.
Speaker 2: He wasn't that good.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 1: No, he wasn't. No, he wasn't. He wasn't. I mean, some tried to make it about his orientation. But oh Joe, if he could have got fifteen sacks, hell, his boyfriend could have been a cheerleader, they would they wouldn't have gave it damn bad. Please, Hey, you know the NFL as a business day by a Can you do whatever your position is? Can you do it? If you're a quarterback? Can you throw? If you a receiver? Can you catch? If you dB? Can you if you dB? Can you break up the ball? Knock the ball down? If you a d D lineman? Oh Joe, can you be in dead? Can you get to the quarterback? I don't care all the other stuff.
Speaker 2: Up about that funny, but it was funny.
Speaker 1: I'm just be a true the thing. Yeah, the chat door, I'm telling the truth. I don't care nothing about that. Oh man, they're in the business. We're gonna try to find a guy that can that can get the job done.
Speaker 2: No matter what you are, no matter what right you're right about that.
Speaker 1: Whatever you believe in, whatever that ain't got nonhing, that's that's you doing that over your time. I ain't policing. I ain't policing nobody bedroom, they home or nothing. But what.
Speaker 2: If you can get fifteen sacks and boyfriend could be a chilead?
Speaker 1: Yeah, people get people get mad about that. Man that been that ma man, he would just be fineing stuff to get mad about.
Speaker 2: O yo.
Speaker 1: Fa.
Speaker 2: I mean what we ain't watching the game for the cheerleaders anyway? What I mean?
Speaker 1: Oh you can't. I don't care. No, I ain't never cared.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, what was funny?
Speaker 1: But now? But uh but I heard I did. I did hear that a very similar situation. I didn't hear this about your door. I mean I've gotten away from it. I'm kind of like I haven't gotten away from the league, oh Joe. But I don't call as many people as I once did, like like when I first got the Fox. Yeah, I'll call to try to you know, make sure I know, and every once in a while there are some things, but then that like Shannon, you too close to this right, just step away? But y'all know, mm I don't know. Yeah, but uh, it'd be sad if this is true. Oh sure this is true. This would be this is this is this would be so sad.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Helen Kelly could see what's going on? Man, Yeah, we got on draft A Ray Charkers see what's going on? Like, come on now, I said, I said it. I said that the same day when we came on the show during the like what are we doing?
Speaker 1: Irbi Meyer compared shaduor Sander's NFL spotlight that Tim Tebow coming out of Florida. The issue that I remember Tim had and then Jim told me this is that if you're a backup quarterback, they don't want all this media attention on that one player. Coaches want team, team, no distraction. How long can your door be a backup quarterback until the NFL decides that he's too much of a distraction. We saw this with Cam. He struggled with securing backup roles because he brought too much attention. But here's the thing. Cam was a Rookie of the Year, he was an MVP, he was a pro bowler many times. Schudor has never started. I can see, I can oh, Joe, I can see if he had Cam credentials. And he says, okay, but he ain't never played the game. He ain't played the game. How do you know if he can or can't be a backup? I get what he said about Cam because Cam had already identified himself. Cam had already established himself. Yep, It's okay, Yeah, it's tough. It's tough when a guy is to that degree. Right, Tam was a pro bowler, but Cam, Cam was Cam was gonna never have a career like a Josh McCown, like a Ryan Fitzpatrick, never gonna have that because they weren't that to begin with. So it's easy because see the thing is, even though Camp, as Cam got older and some of his skills diminished, even though as a backup, they still expected him to be Cam Newton, because he was, he still is Cam Newton. Right, I already know what I'm gonna get. F Flacco, I already know. I ain't nobody under the delusions that Joe Flacco is gonna play like he did at any point in time like he did in the playoffs. You're nothing, no illusion that Ryan Fitzpatrick was gonna ever be anything more than what Ryan Fitzpatrick or Josh McCown had ever been.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: But if you get Cam, even if you bring him in, you expect magic. You expect him to turn back into cap. You expect him to turn back into that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't. I don't even like I mean, the media is covering you do it. He's not asking for you guys to do that.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: He's not asking for that. They're covering him for a reason.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, I've never seen coverage like this for a fifth round.
Speaker 1: No, no, oh, y'all.
Speaker 2: He's He's on the front of any anything happen to do with the Browns. It's his face, it's his photo, it's his picture on everything.
Speaker 1: It's the same thing with Brannie James. Hell. I couldn't tell you the first pick of the draft was Hell. I couldn't tell you the first five picks. But you don't pick you know what Brannie James. Everybody talk they talking about should do it, that made they cover should do it like shoot should do it? With the first overall pick the cover Brianni just like he was the number one overall pick.
Speaker 2: Last name.
Speaker 1: I just man, all I can say is bad brother, when you get your chance, just shot up. That's all you can do. O Joe, you meet you and I and others being outraged that this could be a possibility.
Speaker 2: Possibility.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, I'm tired of getting sued. What.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm good.
Speaker 1: I'm good. I'm good.
Speaker 2: I'm good with them folks over there, We're good. Were good.
Speaker 1: Man. I was just like, it's sad. Yeah, nobody saw this coming. The only thing I did see coming, Oh Joe. We talked about this leading up to the draft New Orleans at nine. But if he gets past New Orleans and nine, there's really nobody that needs a quarterback from nine to twenty one. Yeah, for a while, and then if the stealers don't take it. Yeah, but okay, there's scenario. I can see him falling out of the first round, but I ain't see him falling to the fifth round.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely not, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Coach announced Daniel Jones as quarterback one over Anthony Richardson. Coach quarterback Cam coach quarterback coach Cam Turner was asked if the staff failed Richardson, I feel like I've tried everything I can do, and I feel like he's given great effort in that aspect too. I don't think either way one or the other.
Speaker 2: Ojo.
Speaker 1: We talked about Oh Joe when the moment they signed him, Oh Joe, I tried to I said, Oh Joe, it's just like chack y'all guys at yall job. Let's just say, for the sake of argument, I'm gonna be generous all of you at a job that make at least one hundred thousand a year. Yeah, they bring somebody in there and pay him seven hundred thousand a year, and y'all have the exact same job. Now, which one of you guys think of leaving? You don't pay that man. No, for Oh Joe, that's starting money, right For ten million dollars to be a backup. That man wasn't never gonna be no.
Speaker 2: Backup, never never.
Speaker 1: And if anthy Richardon didn't play bro, the worst thing could happened. O Joe. First play, first pass play, sack fumble, This located spinky. The line is sliding to the left. He's hot af the right got hit him dead inside of his head. I can see shade stake it, Mercy Jesus Christ, I took my glass. What I'm saying, that's what Shane the head coach, That's what he said. Look, this is a third year player and that is an elementary blitz. The line is going, Liz, you're hot. Any one play there come. It's scat protection, which means everybody is free to release. O joe, you got five line sliding. They brought the guy to the off of the tackle and say, I'm taking the most dangerous step down. Now what he should have done? It says, Nah, let's rip it. I almost slide the line to the right. We protected now so I.
Speaker 2: Could drop back and throw a piece.
Speaker 1: Bro, Why o joe? The thing is what's confusing to me. It's a Liz call. And you look at that side. You protected that side? Where are you not protected.
Speaker 2: To the right?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: And hell the tight end turned around for the hot read right away.
Speaker 1: And the back run the flat route. So why the back because that's not his job. And scat protection, no, no eligible receiver has a responsibility to block. That's why they call it scat, which means five eligible guys are out on the route. Scap protection. You got five men. Now if you call something else, you know you call a fifty protection, seventy protection. You tight end might stay in, or you can call a protection to keep the back in, or you can sit tell them back the chip is way out. But that doesn't that that look like a scap protection, which means five eligible receivers, five offensive linemen in the quarterback makes eleven. The lineman obviously can't take the big ass out and running no route, so they blocking quarterback can't go out because he throwing the ball. So your five receivers, maybe it's three receivers, a tight end on the back free to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, young, I also think they made the decision because they're playing. They're playing, they're coaching for their jobs this year too on Yeah, they're coaching for their jobs. And if they were, if they were, if they had to go between the two quarterbacks, which one of these quarterback asks, do I trust, get the job done for us and give us our best chance to win, to save my ass, to save my job so I don't get fired because I was pardoned the city.
Speaker 1: You chose that they chold Daniel Jones.
Speaker 2: I mean the lesson of the lesson of the two. I mean, which way do you go?
Speaker 1: You either running into you run into an alliance then or tiger paying with pork chop draws.
Speaker 2: But either way the same thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, who dadd is? Hey man, I'm so you already know, so you already know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Hey, So now now you know what this does tell me? For one, I would I would hope Anthy and richards had got a steplf together going into his third year because after this season they would have had to come see him. Yes, they would have had to come see him after this, yes, but this also lets me know Daniel Jones start this year. That means in the twenty six twenty twenty twenty sixth draft, they will be drafting a quarterback in the first round.
Speaker 1: Today Jones ben got paid once he could.
Speaker 2: They will be drafting a quarterback. The coach will be drafting a quarterback. And this upcoming draft in April.
Speaker 1: But the thing is oho is that Look, everybody knew that Anthony Richardson was a project. Yeah, bring a veteran guy in, let him learn up under. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't even think, not even learn enough under someone like that would not as many reps in college and the high he has to play. He has to learn through playing, going through the ups and the downs.
Speaker 1: He ain't seen enough to play. He's not seen enough.
Speaker 2: What you for him doing it for the sideline ain't gonna work.
Speaker 1: Yes, him, it has to in the game. Mm hmm. You see what happened to put him in the game his third year. He got hit in his ear hole because he didn't know what to do. So you think a guy that's coming out as a project and he needs to play immediately.
Speaker 2: The only way you're gonna get it right is by being out there.
Speaker 1: Carson didn't play right away. How did have Carson Palmer do?
Speaker 2: Carson had John kitting in front of him. Carson Palmer is also uh wait then.
Speaker 1: Yes, he won the Heisman Trophy the third pick of the draft.
Speaker 2: They compared him to that. Come on that.
Speaker 1: I'm just oh, y'all, look at the quarterback. Look at who he had coaching him, right, he had Steve Sarkisian and Lane Kiffin. There's a reason why Archie Manner is a getting Texas. Who's the head coach?
Speaker 2: Sark Right?
Speaker 1: He also had He also had Matt lioner, Lefty, look at look at Lane Kiffin, look at the quarterbacks that he had at Alabama? What are we doing here? You bring a guy in and you're like, Okay, he's a project, and you, oh, Joe, a project is something like you know what, it's like an old car. It's a project. I'm gonna take my time. But once I get it up and going, oho, I think it's a thing of beauty, a building. It's a project, but a turning something beautiful. You don't get a project on, Joe and try to live it the damn thing the suit, Hey I buy, I'm moving in next week.
Speaker 2: Hey, hold on a project. You're not picking a project with the fourth picking his draft.
Speaker 1: That's what I said. But I said, if you do, Oh Joe, I said, if you do. If you do, you bring someone in and you let him see how it's done. And but it's got to be someone that's that's confident. Like look at what they did with my homeboy. They traded all the way up, took it with number ten parked behind Alex Smith. Boom.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If Tom Brady can weigh the damn year, Anthony Richardson gonna wait a year. If Mahomes can wait a year, if Carston Palmer can wait a year, Ben Roethlinsburg, Philip Rivers. Eli Manning started on the bench, the number one pick. Yeah, Anthony Richardson gonna start on the bench. He needed to learn, O Joe. He hadn't played enough college football, and like you said, he was a project.
Speaker 2: Damn man, that's messed up, man.
Speaker 1: But you know, I'm surprised by that, don't yo. When we saw this, I said, he going to is he gonna be starting?
Speaker 2: Listen. I'm wasn't surprised anyway, because I already knew it was gonna happen in regardless of the quarterback quarterback competition that they continue to make or they tried to make it out to the Jones get that kind of money for one year, thank you?
Speaker 1: The right. The writing was on the wall.
Speaker 2: I mean, who are they fooling? That's the that's the game, that's the game that they play. When you understand the game, you already know what's coming. You already know, you already know what's coming. That's unfortunate. I hope all. I hope all works out for him.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 2: I like you, I like young bull Man.
Speaker 1: Hey, maybe need to go someplace else. But he needs he needs to get with somebody like out of love for him to go to a Cliff Kingsbury A Sean McVay one of those minds Andy, Well, he's not gonna be able to go. But I'm just saying, you know what I'm saying, Oh, yo, guys that will let him develop. You can't take a project and said Okay, we're gonna get you to play. And now because they got they got talent. Yeah, they got a nice offensive line, they got an outstanding running back, they got skill position players. They just devoid a quarterback. They could enough to win offensive level. Yo. You look at the skill position players, You look at that offensive line. They good enough to win. The quarterback player has just been since Andrew Luck retired. Look at all the quarterbacks they've had. They've had Philip Rivers, they've had Matt Ryan, They've had a host of quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: To be exact. Damn.
Speaker 1: Coach Belichick appears to take a shot a Patriots owner Robert Kraft. Belichick was asked, what's the biggest difference between coaching and the pros. In college, it's a lot of football and there's not much in your way, there's no owner, there's no owner's son. Lord, have mercy.
Speaker 2: Hey, hold on, I'm confused. But Bill Bill ran the.
Speaker 1: Show when he was there, thank you. He ran the show.
Speaker 2: No, he literally ran the show.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Coach, I get it. It always hurt, oh Joe, when we get let go from a job, it hurts. It does no matter how long, Oh Joe, you could be able a job thirty five years, you had thirty five grade years. If they relieve you of your duty, you feel they've done your own.
Speaker 2: Yeah, most definitely, especially when it's not on good terms.
Speaker 1: The coach Belichick understands the pros. Not like college. Mike Essky could have stayed at Duke as long as he wanted Coach Summit rest her soul. She could have stayed at Tennessee as long as she wanted Coach Smith unless there is something egregious, unless there's it's a scandal a love Bobby Knight in his credentials that Indiana, they gonna stay. Pros don't work like that. You don't get no lifetime contract in the pros. No, they wouldn't get rid of coach saving at Alabama. They wouldn't have got rid of coach Paterno at Penn State. Like I said, something agreed. Just a scandal. All bets are off once that happens. But Coach Belichick, you ran the show. Every you got. They gave you everything you wanted. Mister crab, didn't bother you, was not in your way. Damn you had twenty years six super Bowls.
Speaker 2: That's crazy six, you know what, ol Joe.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I just hope one day they could sit down and have a conversation they are. It's gonna happen because because if you really look at it, mister Craft is so different than coach Belichick I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: And you know what's funny is Bill Bill as cool as hell. Yes, there's a whole there's a whole nother side of Bill that no one, no one has had the opportunity to expl.
Speaker 1: At the Pro Bowl one year, the coach, Yes, you're absolutely right.
Speaker 2: Because all all they see is you know, Bill in front of the camera talking to reporters. Man, there's a whole man, Listen, I had met Bill was on the show with us Man for six months straight last season. But so funny, so funny, and obviously yes, but his personality and all that stuff, you know, playing playing for the Patriots, but seeing him in that, in that environment away from uh, such a joy.
Speaker 1: I was at the Pro Bowl with him and seeing him around the bar and interacting with the guys to different. Yeah, he totally different. It's opening, he's engaging, he's funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I would have I would.
Speaker 1: Have to disagree. I would have to disagree with you on this one. Coach Belichick, I thank You're phenomenal. But after they let you run the show for twenty years, everything all the players that you released, all the players from the Tie Laws, the Willie McGinnis's and all those guys, the trading of the Richard Seymour, the trading of the Logan Mankins, all that, the cutting of Lawyer Lawyer malloy, the trading of Drew Bledsaw. We get that because Tom, we get all that you did. All of that. Mister Craft just patiently, just just stood by. He was He didn't talk. The only time mister Craft really talked was what that Tuesday, that Monday Super Bowl week oat your and out of the game. Do you think there's a lot of pressure on Coach Belichick to win at a high level of un C.
Speaker 2: Probably based on his resume, based on his accolade, based on what he's done in the past, You're expecting what he was able to accomplish with the Patriots to happen at UNC. Obviously, if you understand the collegiate game, it doesn't happen that fast. Obviously. I think they will be improving based on what they did last year going into this season, now that they have Belichick. I think gradually they'll continue to get better. But like instant success, like oh right, no, no, I see improvements gradually.
Speaker 1: I mean Clemsons in that division, I mean, in that conference. ACC how good is Florida State gonna be?
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, I said, I tell you one thing. The best football school in Tallahassee right now is Florida. It's fam you.
Speaker 1: Lamar Jackson Aboard a serious injury after getting his footstepped on during Wednesday's practice. According to John Harbaugh, I told the guys, prayers don't get answered. I was praying, Oh, prayers do get answered. I was praying, Oh, Joe, we're hearing a lot of franchise quarterback getting hitting practice lately. He got stepped on, right, so so what it was doing a fight. Oh Jordan, you got pulled out from under the center.
Speaker 2: Got stepped on. Oh none, none, too uh none too crazy? He good though, he's good. Listen, Lamar ain't made a glass. He ain't made a glass. He's he's gonna be all right. I saw a little post by Adam Schefter, and Schefter made it a little bit more, made it seem a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Serious that it was.
Speaker 2: And Lamar is under the post laughing yeah. And you know, and when it comes to injuries, the Ravens are one of those teams that don't leak anything. The players don't say nothing, and the team don't say nothing. So Adam Scheffer had to go out on a limb based on what he may think it is and how serious he may think it is. And Lamar just went under the Instagram post and just laughed it off, which lets you know me, I'm good man, But again it is.
Speaker 1: Even not good. I'll be good in what ten days fourteen when they play, So I'll be good in ten fourteen, So in two weeks I'll be good. I don't got to be good right now. I'll be good in two weeks.
Speaker 2: But just the fact that football season is here, man, God, I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, Joe. Yesterday was a business day for trades. On our off day, Chiefs traded wide receiver Sky Moore and a seventh round trick pick to the forty nine ers for a sixth round pick. Broncos traded Devon Vale to the Saints for a fourth and the seventh. The Vikings traded Harrison Phillips and a seventh to the Jets for two sixth rounders. The Browns traded DT Jawan Briggs and a seventh to the Jets for a sixth O Joe, which trade will have the most immediate impact? Oh?
Speaker 2: Immediate? I'm not I'm not even sure. I'm not sure if any of these players are going to actually be an immediate impact. If anything, sky Moor has had opportunities with the Chiefs to make an impact and make a change there. Maybe if he can get his confidence back and get himself back back into rhythm and being able to see and catch the ball, he can be an impact. You know where he is in some way, shape form of fashion. I would love for him to get back back into a group. It seems to he's lost his confidence a little bit.
Speaker 1: Happened sometimes, young player. Yeah, you have success, you catch, you know, big touchdown in the Super Bowl, team win, come back, struggle a little bit, you get injured. It's tough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tough.
Speaker 1: Is it? Vley Devon Veley uh Lebroncos traded him. I liked him. I thought he was really good. It just goes to show you they I guess the Saints really needed because you gave him a fourth I tell you he got some value. Sho. They gave a fourth and the seventh. Yeah, I mean everybody else going for going for sixth and seventh round picks, and they got a fourth and the seventh. Bang for not just need this. DeMarcus Robinson's gonna miss the first three games. Had a situation of the roads last offseason. NFL stepped. Then it's like, okay, you're gona miss the first three games they need because what is I you? Juwan Jennings, Pierson, Piersoll, PA's all so we understand the Saints olave she heed? How she heed?
Speaker 4: Huh?
Speaker 1: She heed?
Speaker 2: Is he?
Speaker 1: Okay? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You're good boy? Fast as hell?
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 2: I can't wait?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Joe woman loses one point three million lottery winnings after hiding it from her ex husband. Eleven days after winning, she reportedly filed for divorce, with I ever mentioning her sudden fortune. For two years, she believed she had put pulled off until her husband found Her ex found out when he allegedly took her to court. The judge didn't split the winnings. He cited a family cold statue that punishes spouses who conceal property during a divorce. The verdict she had to hand over one hundred percent of the lottery winnings to her ex husband. That could have been life changing, well to turn into a cautionary tale deception in marriage and the law.
Speaker 5: Wait, she had to pay him the whole thing, the whole thing. Hey you see how you see what money do to people?
Speaker 4: On?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you see what money? You see what money do to people?
Speaker 1: I think, look at this up. There's a guy in Wisconsin. He won the lottery. I think he won like two hundred and something million. He split it with his wife and says, I'm up out of here.
Speaker 2: He split it and left.
Speaker 1: I think he did. I think it was in Wisconsin. God gets the bores after winning?
Speaker 2: Hey what else? Man? Listen?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Money is powerful thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Money, listen, money.
Speaker 1: Brue, why would you out y'all? You know, boy, they punish you, They will punish you. Married and you hide marital possessions. Yeah, then make it, give it the whole thing up.
Speaker 2: One thing about it. Why everybody can go on that trip with you, but they're not gonna make it to the destination.
Speaker 1: Nah, she had again. Boy, you know she was sick o choe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely absolutely. But you know when it listen when it when it comes to money, women, you know what women will do.
Speaker 1: Man, you find it.
Speaker 2: Come on now, greedy, greedy, but money, money make you do some crazy things. Man, lose friendship, lose family members, the right the right amount a nice chunk.
Speaker 1: But one guy won the lottery after he got divorced. He won two under seventy three million. Oh joe, what what? He got divorced and won two hundred forty two hundred seventy three million.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. I'm going to I'm going to play shoot, I just got married. I'm going to play a loto. Then I'm going I'm going to play a lot of see what happens, See if I get lucky, See if me and my baby getting lucky. Yeah, so that that's that's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna go play the lotto. I'm a hit for about five hundred million, and then boom, this is what I'm gonna do. I'm ana hit five hundred million. Then I'm gonna shoot you one hundred million on the you know the first of all?
Speaker 1: O yo? You do realize you win five hundred mill you taking a lump some.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna take a lump sum and give.
Speaker 1: You probably get like you probably like if you win five hundred million, you probably get like one hundred and eighty million.
Speaker 2: No, ain't no, I ain't no, I ain't out of five No, I get about I get I get no ojo?
Speaker 1: You know, o jo? You get that you take it over over the note, if you take it over twenty five years, if you take a lump some, take a lump some, you're not gonna get that much. Yo, yo, Yes it is uncle five hundred million, you get about one hundred and eighty something million.
Speaker 2: You are completely wrong. It's not that much. Yeah when by five hundred, so I'm gonna get two. I'm gonna with you a hundred huh.
Speaker 1: Oh yo, Yeah, I ain't gonna lie to Yo Joe, I win the lottery, it's gonna be O Cho and somebody, oh Cho in somebody night cap. I'm just telling you, yoyo. I'm just saying, how you gonna leave me? How you gonna leave me? O Joe. You told me I need to live my life. You say, oh, you will go nowhere, you'll do nothing.
Speaker 2: Oh so you're gonna wait till you win the lottery. Then you're gonna leave me by myself.
Speaker 1: Oh yo, in the state of Florida, if you won the lottery five hundred million, you take a lump sum you get to sixty.
Speaker 6: I told you no state taxes. Well listen, yeah, I'm gonna shoot you one hundred million. I'm not donna shoot me that you shoot me, shoot me a cool shoot me a cool.
Speaker 1: Teen or do me?
Speaker 2: Ah no.
Speaker 1: That tell me to tell you what doo? What you gonna do? Nightcap featured Ojo and whoever else you want. As a matter of fact, Hey, you the new host the club shape shape Oh God of here, uh go uh gone?
Speaker 2: Hey, you know you won't leave because you like what you do.
Speaker 1: I do O Joe to do too much? But Ojoe with that kind of money. Yeah, you told me you're not. You're not.
Speaker 2: You don't do this for the money. You do this because you love it.
Speaker 1: You do I do. I'll tell you what. I work football season. But the minute the Super Bowl over, you're gone. I see y'all next football season.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no no, because listen, when football seat is over, that's when we get to do the other half of our show.
Speaker 1: No no, ain't all.
Speaker 2: The half of the show for that bench is an uncle oo yeah ojo skin u water water skin.
Speaker 1: I'm a seasonal worker, and the season will be over for uncle nah.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: We gotta gotta keep the money train going. This is how we got let me live billionaires. I'm telling you, huh, you could be billionaires.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: That's how That's how it starts.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's how it starts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta start somewhere.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, it's time for our final segment of the evening. It's time for Q and eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah with my baby baby.
Speaker 1: I know you watch them here. They got a lot of out there, and.
Speaker 2: You're gonna play a lotto a chat. I'm gonna win a lotto, man, mo win a lotto. All of us, all of us, everybody in the chat. We're gonna be debt free. We're gonna fix this. I need to run for presidency because I get all right.
Speaker 1: I am Flash twenty three is say Club o Jo live from tutsis Yeah. I like that. Keiper nor what Junior said, Oh Joe, are you locked down on Abdual Carter winning defensive Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, absolutely, Listen that there's some other other good players. Obviously we know what Travis Hunting canna do. We don't know how much he's going to be on the defensive side of the ball or offense for Abdual Carter and the impact he's gonna have as a rookie. Based on what we've seen so far, he's definitely gonna win it. He's definitely gonna win it. Unless someone that we just have no clue or think is in the running to win it just comes out of nowhere. But I think our Abdual Carter obviously in state. You know how those boys get down, So I'm assuming he probably will win it.
Speaker 1: Jason ziel Zelsdorf, Dart is a bad man. Dart is way better than Sanders. He had a better preseason. He got an opportunity to play more. He got more reps. If you're just looking at college numbers, when they got the same number of reps, it's hard to say that Dart was better. But in the pros he's gotten more reps with the ones, he's got more time, he's got an opportunity to play more. We'll see how it plays out. But Jason Dark does look good. O g underscore Thantos, what's up? O Jo? How soon when we see Jackson Dart starting considering how good he's looking in the preseason over under eight weeks?
Speaker 2: So Joe over eight weeks. Oh, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: I think if they actually let's go now, let's go now, because it's eighteen weeks in the season, So we go right down the middle over under nine.
Speaker 2: Hey, I really, honestly, I honestly, I don't think it's gonna happen. I honestly don't think it's I think Russell Wilson is gonna go on a run. He's gonna go on a run of consistency, not turning the ball over, taking what the taking what the defense gives him, and running the safe a safe offense.
Speaker 1: And so you're going you're taking the over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, y'all, y'all, y'all, count y'all counting the preacher boy out man.
Speaker 1: I'll go under, I'll say, I say under.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: Listen, God is on Russell Wilson's side.
Speaker 1: Jackson Dartie Paul the truth believer said, Oh Joe, she's doing said child. Please they can kiss the baby with all that crazy talk. One diehard Eagle fan shout out to the Nightcap. Thank you, one diehard Eagle fan. Appreciate the support. Doctor Frankie L. Bellaman. Hey, fam, I'm thirty five thousand feet there on my way to London and still watch a Nightcap. If that ain't dedication, I don't know what is love y'all. Doc. We appreciate that Doc was here from I think Doc like the first two or three in the chat where we started way back, way back, O Joe, because I think we had like three hundred people the first night.
Speaker 2: Matter of fact, wherever Doc is going, do me a favor. I don't know if you've ever been to a soccer game. Please go to a soccer game while you're in London and tell on what the experience is like. Please, because hearing it from me, maybe hearing it from you, you know, do a little bit more justice, but you got the experience one. While you're out there in London. Please what's today?
Speaker 4: Today's what?
Speaker 1: Thursday?
Speaker 2: Thursday?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Games is Saturday and Sunday, Saturday and Sunday. Wherever you at in London, please catch a game.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I gotta get my boozela.
Speaker 2: What you know about that? They the bands?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Remember at the World Cup?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, I got one. I went to UH we went to Australia UH for a preseason game, and I got a boozela and I got a did you redoal when of those Australia those things? Yeah? And and mm hmm yep. Gee Smith, bless y'all, much loved, peace and respect for anime Slayer. Hey, Shannon, have you ever watched the anime Neon Genesis Evangeline Stay Golden Shay Shay? No, I don't what's anime? What they do? Oh? I hear people talking about it, but I don't know anything about it. Have I ever seen it? Oh? Okay, I tried. I look at guys that complete this episode of Nightcap. Thank you guys for joining us again, Chad. We greatly appreciate that y'all know me. I'm your favorite up Shining Sharp, my partner and co hosts Liberty Cities, own Madden Ratings Adjuster, Bengals Ring of Fame honoree the Pro Bowl of the All Pro All Pro that's Chad oh Yo Sinkle Johnson. Please make sure y'all hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button and do us a favorite. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcasts from. We'd like to thank each and every one of you for your support and you'll continue support because thanks to you, we've risen the heights we could only a dreamed of in a very very short period of time and that's all because of you. So thank you again, very very much. My Cognac Lapotier has a new drop, and this one is personal. I've created a limited edition release to honor my brother for his induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. It's not just a bottle, it's a tribute. It's a celebration of a legacy and once it gone, they're gone. The Hall of Fame edition is officially live. Just head over to La Portier Kanyak dot com to grab yours while you still can. Don't miss a chance to own a piece of history and a very very special moment. Please go follow my media company page on all of his platform shay Shape Media and my clothing Company at eighty four, with eighty four being spelled out. That link is pinned in the chat. We want to thank our special special guests Jalen Johnson, the outstanding cornerback from the Chicago Bears, for joining us giving us a little bit of his time. Get some rest, young man, get some rest, stay healthy and all the best. The Giants beat the Patriots and Dealers beat the Panthers. Preseason is coming to an end. The regular season is on the horizon and we can't wait. Thank you guys for joining us. We'll see you tomorrow. I'm unk, He's Ojo.