Speaker 1: Welcome in episode three point fifty eight. What's right when Nick right in this episode has always brought to you by our friends at boost Mobile. So here's the deal. I'm just gonna be totally transparent with the audience. I am so ready for actual football season. We've been saying the last few weeks it's football season because we have turned our attention to football. The problem is there's no news. Like the news we get is this, uh we hear, Oh my god, And I think it's in the show somewhere, but I'll discuss it for a moment. Anyway. James Cook thirty million guaranteed with the agents credited in the first paragraph of ESPN dot com story, and then, of course a day later it's like, well, actually it's really fifteen million guaranteed, and you already had five million guaranteed, so it's really just ten million extra guaranteed. But wait to get those agents that pub Like, that's not real. I guess he's back in camp. That's the news. The major story in sports media today is Joe Burrow got knocked down. Like that's where we're at in the camp calendar, which is why we take vacation next week and then we come back full fledged, first Things, first prediction week on this show, back to back preseason gambling extravaganzas. So all of that is coming in short order. But today does feel a little bit like the you know, seventeenth lap in the fifteen thousand meters, like man, the we're trudging through. So I understand I maybe shouldn't say that to the audience. Maybe you're turning off the podcast. Please don't do that, like great, subscribe, review, do all those things. I'm just being honest with you, guys, which is why I was so thrilled that yesterday we got actual news in the What's Right universe, which is demanse. Would you like to share with the audience what happened yesterday?
Speaker 2: Owl snakes finally popped out yesterday? It was the day day fifty fifty five or fifty six got home on saw some little heads, did the routine check, saw some heads pop.
Speaker 1: I mean, look at this picture.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're looking I mean like a little blanket.
Speaker 1: It's really unbelievable. So let me can I all right, sorry, I'm gonna put you on frontree to bit here. Did you cry? I did? I think somebody you told me? Well, you think something because you told me you thought you would years ago, when Demand started this journey of teaching himself how to read exotic snakes, he said, he was like, I'm gonna be honest with you. He's like, if it ever happens and they actually there's actually one that they mate and they get pregnant and there's eggs and they're born, he's like, I think I'll cry, And so I was it was.
Speaker 2: I was, Yes, no tears came out, but but yeah, I mean I think I always just start screaming.
Speaker 1: I think it's like my default. Oh so you yelled, Yeah, definitely. Sorry. I love it. I love it, And I also love that we have locked in a week from today, your youngest sister coming traveling on her own cross country to come visit you, and she'll get to see all these baby snakes. It's everything's insane and perfect. Yes, So that's great. So that's honestly the most exciting thing. Uh, I'll be totally transparent. My most exciting part of this podcast just happened. But we'll try to saying all the same straight to voicemail, brought to you by our friends at boost Mobile. Like I said, Temper's flare at Bengals camp because Joe Burrow got knocked down. Chris STAPs Berzingis wants to pursue an MMA career. I would He would be one of my last picks of active NBA players that I think would actually succeed in that. I understand he has reach, but it seems like a huge injury risk and be a guy that you could get on the ground broke. Yeah, I just he would not like Anthony Edwards high on my MMA fighting list. Yeah, Joker, I think maybe would be pretty good. I feel like Joker can take a punch, tough guy, lean on you. Chris STAPs not. I'd even put Wimby ahead of him, because I feel like Wimby, you know, with his embrace of the Far East, like maybe has learned some martial arts or something. I don't know, Like I christa far East, he has the Far East. Yeah. Uh. And Taylor Swift appeared on New Heights and What'll probably go down as the you know, most viewed listened to podcasts in the history of podcasts. All right, once again reminder like rate, subscribe, review and because it's our last day before vacation, let's just talk Cowboys. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Uh so, winning is not a priority to our guard, mister Jones. And that's Jerry Jones. He called his Cowboys a year round soap opera and said, if we're not being looked at, then I'll do my part to get us looked at. H He also called controversy a good thing. Oh what's going on over there in Dallas?
Speaker 1: Well so, and he yesterday said he may or may not talk with Micah with Micah's agent, pardon me. And then he's like that he's under contract. So we're gonna we're gonna try to hit ten topics. Say, I'm we'll try to do him fast. I just want to hone in on this one point here. There is no justification or explanation for Jerry not talking to Micah's agent. None. We can argue about a lot of this. We can argue about whether or not it's smart for the Cowboys to pay Micah. I don't think that's a huge argument. But someone was like, you know what, they already have the most expensive quarterback, one of the most expensive receivers. They're probably not that close. Their better path is make them play out this year. Franchise tag in order to trade. Like, if somebody wanted to make that argument, I would listen to it. Okay, I would disagree with that. I would listen to it. If there are a lot of things that you there are legitimate opinions on both sides on With this thing, there is not a legitimate opinion that involves agreeing with Jarryry Jones' decision to never talk to Micah's agent. And if the justification on Jerry's end were, well, there's nothing to talk about because we are not signing Micah to an extension. The problem with that argument is Jerry's claim is we already agreed to an extension months ago. Jerry is not claiming I don't want to sign Micah. Jerry's claiming I did want to sign Micah. I had an agreement with Micah. Micah now essentially reneged on it. Even if that is the case, then there is no justification for not calling Micah's agent and saying, hey, here's the offer, and that I think through missed through all of the Jerry Jones nonsense has been the very simple fact that he has not had a conversation with David Mulligata, Micah's agent, and that to me is the only possible rationale for that is he wants to exert and show who's in charge and who has the power here, that he's trying to hold over them. And here would be my biggest and then we can move on to other topics. But my biggest concern if I were a Cowboys fan that Jerry quote about basically, we want to be in the news three hundred and sixty five days a year. You know, we're a soap opera. It's my job to drum up interest. Say what you want about Jerry. He is a brilliant marketer. That part is undeniable. And if Jerry is looking down the horizon, it might occur to him that if they sign Micah, there's no other like football adjacent intrigue controversy left to satiate the masses next offseason. Dak is done and has a no trade, CD is done. If they have if they sign Micah and they go eight and nine, what is the Cowboys' news that keeps them in the lead block of shows during the dog days of summer. There's not another train coming down those tracks. And so if Jerry is being earnest that his real goal is to keep the Cowboys front page. The easiest stretch there is dare Micah to play out this season, franchise tag him next offseason, and run this entire storyline back. I don't think that is the likely outcome, but I also think at this point it would be dumb to dismiss it as a possibility, because the fact that we have gotten here is a testament to the fact that Jerry is not leading with smart football team management. He is leading with generating buzz. And you sign Micah, it's hard to generate. If you sign Micah and you're just average next year, where where does the next buzz come from? Done? Mike has done, CD's done. Micah will be de facto untradeable the first year after signing a contract because of what the signing bonus will be. Dak is literally untradeable. They there's not a lot of paths, and you just hired a brand new head coach, like not gonna fire a coach after year one? Like what is the sizzle that the Cowboys can create other than just being awesome football and awesome football team? And I don't think that's likely. UFC three to nineteen is blowing back to the Windy City. I bet Colin's gonna be there for the first time in six years. I'm just saying that I would be shocked. Actually, I think we're gonna Not only is Colin gonna be there, I think we're gonna see Colin with six seats on pay per view. Check out the Fight Guard and get in on all the action at DraftKings Sportsbook, the official sports betting partner of UFC. Drake is two plus C. I got it right that time is two plus E puts his middleweight title up against kam Zat Tamaiev, who's a perfect fourteen and h who are you taking? First time betting on UFC? At DraftKings, pick something simple like a fighter to win and make your pick. It's that easy. And if you're new to DraftKings check this out. New customers who bet five dollars will get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly. Don't miss out on all the UFC three to nineteen action. Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app now and use code right. That's code right for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly when you bet just five bucks only on DraftKings the Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York called eight seven seven eight open WI or text ope and wy at four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for a problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of boothill Cinna Win Resorting Kansas twenty one on over agent Eligibility varies by jurisdiction VOYD and Ontario. Bet must win to receive reward minimum minus five hundred odds required. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. In four additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNG dot co slash audio.
Speaker 1: All right, demonse, let's go to the chief.
Speaker 2: Use an Italian accent for that man. He's South Africa.
Speaker 1: I well, okay, well, I didn't mean to use an Italian accent, but I believe the name is I was trying to do French. Actually, I believe the name is French. I un du plus c. I wasn't trying to do Italian. I don't do accents, but I would. I'm guessing even though he's South African, that that is a French name, du plus c strikes me as no. Listen, the uh I say anything about Yeah? I mean I I that's that production error. And that's also a Ronen Burgundy style error by you. Just because it's written in the doc doesn't mean you gotta read it like you gotta every once in a while, you've gotta have some discretion. Yeah, you're allowed for some discretion here, all right, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Andy Reid down played all the naysayers saying that the Kansas City's window is closing for the dynasty. Colin was also one of those naysayers, saying that the winning is over. Do you think that the win Do you think that the dynasty is continuable if they win the super Bowl this year?
Speaker 1: Well, hold on, I don't even think that's obviously. If they win the super Bowl this year, the dynasty is in progress. I want to focus more on. Listen. I think it's well established how much I adore and love Colin Cowherd. His Chiefs Takes now, I mostly blame Jmack. I think that, like the proximity to Jmax's historically bad chiefs takes have somehow there's been an osmosis of take that has impacted Colin. But they've been to three straight Super Bowls. They they have the best record in the NFL.
Speaker 4: Last year, they gotta go to the last one, right, They say they made it to the last super Bowl, Like I think they have to at least not make a super Bowl for the dynasty to be over.
Speaker 1: Well, I would think so, yeah. I And by the way, like when we talk about dynasties in the NFL, the Pittsburgh Steelers is probably the most famous one. They won two Super Bowls. They then went two years without making the Super forget without winning it, without making the Super Bowl, and then they won two more. We look at that as one dynasty. The Patriots is an interesting one. I don't consider the Pants one continuous dynasty, but if you do, it went like this, won a super Bowl, missed the playoffs, then one two super Bowls. Then gosh, I'm gonna have to do this off the top of my head. O six going for the three pat lost their first playoff game. I'm sorry, wait, oh five, going for the three p It's gonna be hard to off top my head, but I'm gonna try. Lost their first playoff Game. Six lost in Round two. Oh seven lost the Super Bowl. Oh eight missed the playoffs. Nine and twenty ten lost before the super Bowl, twenty eleven lost in the Super Bowl, twenty twelve, twenty thirteen lost before the super Bowl, fourteen won the Super Bowl, fifteen lost in Conference Title Game, sixteen won the Super Bowl, seventeen lost the Super Bowl, eighteen won the Super Bowl, nineteen lost in Round one. So if we want to do that as one long dynasty, then it's gonna be impossible to say the Chiefs dynasty is over if you consider the Patriots one long dynasty. The Patriots went a decade without winning a Super Bowl. The Chiefs have gone sixteen months, and so that part's just ridiculous. It's just fundamentally ridiculous to say I'm declaring it dead when the Chiefs are in the midst of or just completed. I guess you would say the greatest three year stretch in the history of the league. And they have been to three consecutive Super Bowls and seven straight AFC Championship Games. It's now If your take is they're just not good enough anymore, it's a bold take. Maybe, like there's no evidence for it. But if it's just your gut feeling, then so be it. Here is here is what I find the most demands a ridiculous about this Chief's fatalism stuff. And then we can move on every team in the AFC that is chasing them. If this year they have the exact season Kansas City had last year, best last undefeated team, best record in the NFL, beat the Chiefs in the AFC playoffs, make the Super Bowl, lose the super Bowl, it will be considered evidence that that team is getting closer, and the best season any of those teams have had in this era, the Chiefs having that year is considered evidence of implosion. But I am here to tell you if the Baltimore Ravens are the final, or the Buffalo Bills, or the Cincinnati Bengals or the Los Angeles Chargers or god forbid, the Denver Broncos or any of those teams, if they are the last undefeated team, if they are fifteen to one with the one seed locked up, they then beat the Chiefs in the playoffs and then run into I don't care who call it Philly or no, because Philly then would go back to back. That complicates things call it the Lions and get blown out in the Super Bowl. If that were to happen, and then I were to go on TV and be like, that's this year was the end of that team. They're done Now they is a time for a new chapter. People would say that, dude, you're just a hater. And this is also an element of my a lot of my Mahomes frustration in and I'm going to talk about this on the TV show today in how he's discussed. Do you agree to Monsday that all Lamar josh Ann Burrow the year they had last year elevated them, even if not in their actual ranking, but people elevated them their standing, and that the people felt their seasons combined with the year Mahomes had narrowed the gap for best quarterback. And then some people flipped it. You agree with that, right? Yeah, that's like conventional wisdom. Okay. And this is where the point that I make that Mahomes is not judged against his peers, I think is crystallized. Let's pretend Patrick this year had any of their seasons last year. Okay. Let's start with Joe Patrick puts up insane numbers and the Chiefs miss the playoffs. Does that help or does anyone be like, Okay, that helped Patrick's back dynasty is definitely over. Okay, So all right, let's do Lamar's year. Patrick puts up insane numbers. The Chiefs are the you know, a good but not great seed. They're the three seed, and for the first time in his career, he does not make a conference championship game because he loses in round two to one of the other rival quarterbacks. Does that help or hurt Patrick's standing? Would hurt him? It would hurt him, all right, Stu. Josh Patrick wins league, MVP team has a really good record, they get the two seed, and then to go back to the super Bowl, doesn't come through at the end and Josh beats him. Yeah. Is anybody then being like, Okay, Patrick has reclaimed or they're like, oh mvpb damn Josh beat him? Now do the flip side for any of those guys, all three of them, monse give them Patrick's year. Last year. They have mediocre stats but lead the league in game winning drives and comebacks, and he beats two of those guys en route. I'm sorry. Any of the those guys are the one seed and beat Patrick to get to the Super Bowl. Imagine if I then went on TV and was like, yeah, but his touch there, you know, Lamar's touchdown interception ratio wasn't that impressive. I'm actually dinging. It's just insane. And so I know I'm the Kansas City guy. I know I have the tattoo that I still don't know how to show on camera. I still don't know what I'm supposed to do here. It's just a disaster. There we go, I see, I don't even know what I'm there we go. It is well, it's just here's the thing. It's just boring. It's just boring. And I I also like, just one other thing because what has become very in vogue and Bruce says it a lot, and he and I talked about this, not like to I'd like to talk about it, but discussed it on the air the other uh the other day, which is because it's become very in vogue to say something along the lines of like, oh, Mahomes is doing Brady's career in reverse, where Brady in the beginning won but didn't have the stats, and Mahomes and then later in his career had the crazy numbers Mahomes are, but it's just inaccurate. And here's what I mean. Mahomes early and every year of his career except the last two. First five years one and had MVP caliber stats and the last two years he's won, but he hasn't had the crazy numbers until the playoffs. Right. But this idea that Tom Brady post two thousand and seven was just year in, year out, this statistical monster, it's just not true. So Tom Brady two thousand and seven had what at that point the greatest quarterback season ever. He then misses two thousand and eight due to injury. Two thousand and nine, tom Brady's team was ten and six and he had twenty eight touchdowns thirteen interceptions, and they lost their first playoff game. Then twenty ten, he had one of the greatest statistical seasons ever thirty six touchdowns, four picks, and twenty eleven he was in line with it thirty nine touchdowns, twelve picks, and then twenty twelve it's down to a ninety eight passer rating and twenty thirteen twenty five touchdowns, eleven picks and in eighty seven rating. That's in twenty thirteen and then obviously, twenty fourteen, they win the Super Bowl twenty fifteen, he has an all time twenty fifteen, sixteen, seventeen all time stats years where he has a combined doing the math on the fly, ninety six touchdowns fifteen picks a one to oh eight rating over the course of three years. But then the very next year twenty eighteen, they go eleven and five. He is twenty nine touchdowns eleven picks, but they win the Super Bowl twenty nineteen twenty four touchdowns, eight picks in eighty eight rating and leaves the Patriots and then goes on the sick run in Tampa. The point I'm making is this, even Pete Brady had these season like the season where it's like, oh, twenty nine touchdowns, eleven picks, twenty four touchdowns eight picks, twenty five touchdowns eleven picks, it was not every single year statistical excellence. It was every single year when the division make the playoffs, and it is at the tail end of his Patriots tenure, every single year make a conference championship game. But it's just it's we've got to be honest about what real expectations are, and we've got to be honest about what the guys who are allegedly in Patrick's league. If Patrick had the season they just had, and they just had the season Patrick just had, how would we view it? That's all I'm saying. All Right, let's suck the bills.
Speaker 2: Buffalo just extended James Cook. They gave him that top of the market running back money, so kind of.
Speaker 1: The top of them mark. Again, it depends on the reporting, but yeah, they he certainly got a deal that appears at least a little better than I would have done. Go ahead.
Speaker 2: So with limited caprom going forward, if Buffalo cannot get it done this year, do you think that their window is closed for the Super Bowl?
Speaker 1: No, Listen, I think if I had to bet, here's a fun exercise super Bowl. I don't want to do this right now. I was gonna say, like, divvy up super Bowls over the next five years between teams. Yeah, like like I would say, the Chiefs get two, Josh gets won, Raven's got to be in there at some point, Baltimore breaks through, Baltimore get one, and then is there. Uh you know, didn't see that one coming. Am I underrating Philly? You know what I mean? But I don't want to actually do that exercise, Like, I'd have to think.
Speaker 2: More about Billy to repeat this year.
Speaker 1: If Billy were to repeat, that's all, then we get into a whole different ball game. Everybody's got it nasty well, back to back. By itself, it's not a dynasty. But when you add to it, they did make the super Bowl. They did make the super Bowl two years prior. You know what I mean. I think you've got to have three in the NFL typically you've got to have at least three championships. So like the people don't consider the Dolphins of the seventies of full blown dynasty. Dolphins lost to Super Bowl, then won a Super Bowl, won a super Bowl. That's you know, So the how did I rank the dynasties? I think I did this once. Let me see if I can find it. Find it dynasty tiers. Do I have that somewhere? Some Google docs in somewhere. Yeah, that's what I'm looking at. I'm trying to look for it. Holeng Dynasty. Uh No, I don't have it. I I did do it at some point. The Daniel thinks he can find it, that would be great. But the dynasties that are undeniable are either one or two for the Patriots. Either way, they have three championships. You know, if you want to go, oh, one to eighteen with six titles with a gap in the middle, or one to four and then fourteen to eighteen. Either way, that's a dynasty. The Niners in the eighties from eighty to eighty eight, uh or in the eighties, I should say they won four Super Bowls. The Cowboys in the nineties winning three and four years obviously, the Steelers in the seventies. Those are the only official reel in my opinion, dynasties. The other ones that are close the Broncos who went back to back in ninety seven ninety eight, the Packers who went back to back to start the NFL. Now, the Packers would be higher up if we're doing pre Super Bowl York because they won championships. The Dolphins, as I mentioned, who lost to Super Bowl then won back to back Super Bowls like those are the ones that are closer. So the Eagles, if they were to win this year, would be in that tier with the Dolphins of the seventies, the Broncos of the nineties, the Cowboys of the seventies. Those teams the Raiders from mid seventies to early eighties, but they wouldn't, in my opinion, be a full Bowl. But they would then have Demond's a wide open window to get that third one and to be considered, you know what I mean, If they win this year and then three years later they win another one, then that definitively would make them a dynasty. But to get to the question about Josh Allen and the Bills, here's here's where I stay. And tell me if you think it's unfair. I think Sean McDermott's a good coach. I think if they lose in the playoffs this year pre Super Bowl again, they probably have to fire him. I just don't especially if they lose to Kansas City. I just don't think you can. I think you would need something to make the team believe going into the next year that this year will be different. And if for the fifth time in six years, you lose to the same team, And honestly, I mean, but what if it's just that guy on the other side. Man, if I know why, I can't. That's why I said, tell me, if you think it's fair, like maybe maybe you just keep running it back I don't know, but I the stat that should work. This is a thing that Scott Kasmar tweets about a lot, and I do think is interesting. The stat that should worry Bill's and Ravens fans is there has never been a coach quarterback combo that won a super Bowl that didn't win their first super Bowl in their first five years together. Do you follow what I'm saying? So there has never been a coach quarterback combo that actually won the Super Bowl together that didn't win their first super Bowl within their first five years of being together. So like for Reid and Mahomes, this is their ninth year together, but they won their first super Bowl in their technically their third year together, but really their second year together, second year's start for Lamar and for Josh with Harbaugh and McDermott this is year eight together, that part is And for Burrow and Zach Taylor, by the way, I think it's your six. So now maybe that's, you know, a nonsense stat, but it is the fact that it's never happened in seventy five years of the NFL is noteworthy to me. So I think the bill the Bills, I would I am in a position demons where If you were to tell me I've seen the future and the Kansas City Chiefs are not in the Super Bowl, who's who's in it and who wins it? My answer would be Buffalo. They would be my number one pick. I think they're good enough. I think Josh is good enough. Even if I wouldn't have necessarily given James Cook multi year guarantees, he's obviously a good player and helps him this year. I like their secondary worries me a bit, but I like the team a lot.
Speaker 2: But I just don't although I've got a follow up in here like where do you think that this Bill's team ranks amongst other Bills teams?
Speaker 1: I think they're very similar. I think listen, I think they're very similar, and I think that those teams have been I think last year's team was good enough. I thought a few years ago those teams were a little overrated, but I think last year's team was good enough. This team should be as good as last year's team. And as long as Josh continues as trend of not being you know, like last year, who's great on not turning the ball over? Uh, They're gonna be right there alone. No, because in the case, I've no, that's right, listen, I'm I'm just fair, and I called him a roller coaster when he was I didn't last year because he wasn't ever sign up for a phone plan, thinking wow, what a price, and then a few months later it's like surprise, Bill's hired Boost Mobile. You pay twenty five dollars a month forever. That's unlimited talk, text and data starting at just twenty five dollars a month, No price hikes, no contract forever. Plus, boost Mobile is now a legit nationwide five G network. They've invested billions building five G towers across the country. Visit boostmobile dot com or head to your local Boost store today and get unlimited talk, text, and data for twenty five dollars a month forever. Five G speeds not available in all areas. After thirty gigabytes, customers may experience slower speeds. Customers will pay twenty five dollars a month as long as they remain active on boost unlimited plan. All right, demonte Let's go to the giants.
Speaker 2: So Dabel named Russ the starter earlier this summer, but Jackson Dark came out in that preseason game was using his legs throwing some darts with Giants' front office and the head coach on the hot seat, how soon do you think that they'll want to throw Dart in if things start going wrong?
Speaker 1: Listen. Dabels sure also seemed to really, you know, he was more complementary of Jackson Dart than you've heard him be of a quarterback in a long time. I here's what I think. I don't think they are going to want I think that they're going to try to ride with Russ for the first half of the season. I don't know if you've looked at what the Giants opening half of the season's schedule is, but not a lot of soft spots. They go at Washington, at Dallas, home for the Chiefs, home for the Chargers, a brief respite with Home for New Orleans, then Philly, Denver, Philly, San Francisco and so and they'll you know, playing Philly twice in three weeks with a rookie quarterback seems like a nightmare. But then after that, as far as defenses you'll be facing after that, Philly, Denver, Philly Stretch, San Francisco, Chicago, Green Bay, Detroit, New England, your bye week Washington, Minnesota, Vegas, Dallas. I would imagine they are going to want to give Russ uh time to see, you know, if he can just be fine and the team can be alive. The ideal spot if they're not good to go to Dart. They play Philly on a Thursday, and they then have ten days until the next game. That would that would be a good spot. The problem is that team they play after those ten days is Denver, which should have one of the better defenses in the entire NFL. And so I think eventually, let me put it like this, I will be shocked if post bye week Jackson Dart's not the starter. But and I think there's a very good chance. And the bye week, for they have the last bye week, they're bye week's week fourteen, I think there's a very good chance they go to him earlier than that. I do not think it is realistic that he is the Week one starter. I don't think that is in line or even on Dable's mind for that to happen. But do I think that Brian Dable might be you know, if we nine they're struggling the way to kind of potentially keep the job, go to the rookie of the Rookie Show promise and be like, Hey, that's what we've got coming next year. I think that's on the board. All right, let's keep going.
Speaker 2: Uh, Shauduur suffer an oblique injury or practice and his status is currently up in the air. So Gabriel is in line to start in the next preseason game if he's healthy. So well, Shador being fourth on the depth chart right now, how big of a dinghy is it for him if he misses a game?
Speaker 1: All Right, you're gonna really, really, you're gonna make that face you make when you think I'm being unfair to people. Okay. I think one of the best things that can happen for Shaudor's chances of moving up the depth chart is the player in the next game. It's not about him not playing, it's about everyone seeing Dylan Gabriel and Kenny Pickett actually play. I think that. I think that having Dylan Deberl and Kenny Pickett play against Philly could be the best thing possible for Shador Sanders to move up that depth chart. Neither one of those guys have gotten a full training camp because of the injuries they've suffered. Gabriel, whatever Philly starters that they're playing, and that is a deep team in preseason game two, is a little less vanilla. I think Gabriel, who yesterday, according to the esp and Cleveland training camp stats, was six of nineteen in eleven on eleven and seven on seven. I just think that, assuming Shaudor's injury is very minor and he's able to practice by Monday, I think that him sitting and picket in Gabriel with the Browns offensive players against the Eagles defensive players, the Browns backups against the Eagles backups, and those guys, in my opinion, Pikett never and Gabriel not at this point being NFL starting caliber quarterbacks. I don't think this is the worst thing to happen to shit or now. If it's a long lingering injury, I think that's disastrous, but I don't it does not seem like that is likely the case. All right, let's go to Caleb.
Speaker 2: So after watching that preseason game week one from the sideline, Caleb and the starters will be in this next game, according to Ben Johnson, So what do you need to see from Caleb in this game?
Speaker 1: And what do you not want to see from him. Well, I just don't want to see him running around. I just want to see if listen. I think people have gotten too far down on Caleb. I think people are pre panicking about Ben Johnson overloading him with information. I again, I think Ben Johnson, you know, knows what he's doing and it will he at least is executing the plan that he had. Ben Johnson was very judicious about which head coaching job he was going to take. He waited for this one, he took this one. He could have coached Herbert, he could have coached Washington, he had other jobs he could have taken. He wanted this one. So he clearly thinks Caleb's style can work with him. But he is also trying to make Caleb have to process a ton early before they pare it back later. So I would just like to see Caleb look sharp. And I still I believe in Caleb. I think there has been far, far too big of an over correction on how good is Caleb Williams actually, and I will say this demonse, if Jaden has earned the benefit of the doubt of until proven otherwise, he's the best player from his from that draft class. At the quarterback position, which he's earned that like, you can't take calebe Bob Bo actually had a good rookie year. Caleb and Drake May both struggled, Pennis barely played, JJ didn't play, and Jaden had arguably the greatest rookie season ever. So if we take Jayden outside of it, if you were to ask me who what quarterback from that draft class other than Jayden, who do you think is gonna have the best year? Caleb, Bo, Drake Pinnix, or McCarthy, I would pick Caleb Williams And it wouldn't be that hard for me. You guys know, I'm not a believer the way other people are. In bow Knicks. We've seen almost nothing from Pinnix, JJ, we have seen nothing from and Drake May. I just don't I don't think they have the offensive personnel for him to thrive this year. So I will. I believe that Caleb is going to have a better year than people expect, and I think that he is. That Ben Johnson's approach of overload him now then make it simpler later when the games actually matter, I think that's pretty smart. All right, let's go to uh, go ahead, pal.
Speaker 2: What are you expecting out of the game, Like I mean, I know it's a preseason game.
Speaker 1: But I mean the all I so they play the Bills on Saturday on Fox. I think that the Lions passing offense should look good. I think the Bill's secondary, as I said earlier, is already their weakness and their you know, so that's their starting secondary. They're gonna be playing backups at some point. And then five days later they played the Chiefs in a game that I think is While it was my Super Bowl pick last year, I think it's very possible that Caleb does not play in that game. I think Caleb could get a lot of work this Saturday night and then doesn't play in the final preseason game. So listen, I I expect them to look good. We'll see, but I expect them. I expect them to look good. All right, let's go to the Blazer sale.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that Allen family is selling the trailer Blazers and setting their evaluation at over four billion dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So here's so, here's why this is news. The news is Celtics sold for six, the Blazers just sold for four, The Lakers obviously sold for ten. Do we now know what an NBA the generic NBA team costs. And my answer is I think we do. I think that the generic NBA team now costs five billion dollars because I think the Blazers, because of market size, are a below average value NBA team, And it is in line with Adam Silver wanting the expansion fee to be six billion dollars. And but here's the thing, and I will give after you know, even though I disagreed with his quarterback pyramid, I will give Bill Simmons credit on this. Simmons is usually way ahead of the curve on like NBA ownership and league office going ons. And he he keeps more than alluding to that they are pumping the brakes on expansion. Now what does that mean for Lebron's ability to own a team, and what does that mean for you know, the potential competing not quite competing, but you know, other league I'm not certain, but four billion for the Blazers is a great number for the other twenty nine In as summer winds down, it's nice to get back into a routine. There's no one better to help than Wayfair, from betting and Linen's to storage solutions for every room in the house. Wayfares your one stop shop to refresh your home, change up your workspace with desks, bookcases, office chairs for way Less, or make weeknight dinners a thing again. Quality cookwaar that makes meal time so simple. Football season dright around the corner. Wayfairs set me up perfectly with a new recliner to watch all the games. But they offer so much more. Kitchen essentials, desks, lamps, anything you need. Wayfair has it. There's something for every style in every home, no matter your space or budget. Wayfair makes it easy tackle your home goals with endless inspiration for every space and budget. Free and easy delivery, even on the big stuff. We had a couch delivered from Wayfair not that long ago. Again, the free delivery on something like that huge savings. No more huge delivery fees for furniture. Get big stuff like sofa's, dining tables, beds and more shipped for free. Good, organized, refreshed and back routine for way Less. Head to wayfair dot com right now to shop all things that's way fa ir dot com. Wayfair, every style, every home all right, Demonse, Let's do the lions real quick for we get out of here.
Speaker 2: Dan Campbell said he's motivated by people doubting his that he can succeed without his star coordinators. But we've always known that Dan Campbell's ever struggled with motivation. Besides motivation, what do you think that Dan Campbell brings to the table as a head coach?
Speaker 1: Well, listen, I think he's a very good head coach. I think he sets a culture and I think his aggressiveness on fourth downs is that's a Dan Campbell, not a Ben Johnson thing, and I think that instills a real edge for them. But here is my overarching takes, so to speak, that I think that I set on the show yesterday that I hadn't I thought of while we were within the segment, and I was like, you know what, It just was kind of a Eureka moment. I was like, I think that's right. I think setting a culture and motivation and the things we know Dan Campbell's great at are hugely important to turn a team around, to get a team from where the Lions were to a legitimate NFL team, But I think there are diminishing returns on that once your team is a real contender, because once your team is competing for championships. Once you do have really good players, there's a lot of self starting and self motivation and the culture is set once you get to that point. Then I do think the coordinators who are more your tacticians, those guys have an increased value when you're actually trying to win a championship. So that I have four significant concerns about the Lions this year. Or one is what you're talking about right there, the loss of coordinators. The second one is how does golf respond to that playoff meltdown? I think that's a fair question. Three is is this the worst offensive line golf has had and the Lions have had since golf has been there, I should say, And how does that impact him? And four is the this schedule plus the toll of being so close two years ago, having the best record in the conference last year and not making a Super Bowl? Does that is it just too much to overcome? So with all that, for all those reasons, like do I think it's on the board the Lions go from the number one seed to missing the playoffs? I think that's on the board. Was that going to be my pick? I don't. I'm not sure yet, but I think that that team. They could take a major step back this year, and I think the coordinators are not all of it, but a big piece of it. All right, reminder like rate, subscribe, review iTunes, Spotify, YouTube, all of that. All right, de Monday, Let's go to Zach's question. Yeah, it's pretty good.
Speaker 2: If the Ravens have an MVP at quarterback and one of the best rosters in the league each year, what when, oh yeah, when does Harboe start to get on the hot seat for not winning anything in years?
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, a lot of what I said about McDermot, Oh well, no about McDermott, about like if they lose again, even if he's a good coach, do you have to make a move would apply to Harbaugh. Except with the Ravens. Prior to last year, folks, people didn't blame Harbaugh. They were just like Lamar didn't. Yeah for real. Now last year again, we don't have to relitigate it. But Lamar wasn't horrific, you know what I mean? Like, there was there was a lot that went into oh wow that there's a lot that went into the the Ravens playoff loss. But here is some news. Yeah, wow, this is shocking to me. So Rashi Rice news and I don't know how I feel about this, to be honest with you. All Right, So Rashi Rice is expected to have his disciplinary hearing with the NFL on Tuesday, September thirtieth in New York. This means Rice is likely to be able to play the first four weeks of the season before any potential discipline is imposed for his role in a multi car crash last you know in the twenty twenty four offseason with Rashid. This is from schefter. With Rashi Rice's hearing now dractor or September thirtieth, that would make him eligible play in the Chiefs opening four games, the Chargers in Brazil, the Eagles at the Giants, and the Ravens. All Right, I gotta tell you, I assuming that he's not going to get ten games, and I don't think that's likely. I think the I think it is probably gonna be four, five or six. That would be my guess. This is kind of ideal for Kansas City because for three reasons. Demonse One is that opening month is brutal, you know, neutral site against the second best team in the division, home game, super Bowl rematch. Week two, week three at the Giants, and again the Giants are gonna have a great pass rush, but they're not a very good team. And then home for Baltimore two. To have that be to know Rice is gonna be there for those games when the next handful of games are at Jacksonville, home for the Lions, home for the Raiders, home for Washington, that stuff at Buffalo they lose that game every year. Then a bye week like that timing I like a lot. That's first of all. The other one is this, I like the idea of the Chiefs being able to start the season whole, like see what you know what I mean, see what it looks like. And then you treat the suspension like a pulled hamstring, like, oh, he's gonna be out six weeks. That's a bummer. But we already saw it, so I expected the suspension to be, you know, at least those first four games. It's now not. I mean, if he's not having his hearing until September thirtieth, he definitely Now The concern would be if the NFL like throws the book at him and all of a sudden he misses the entirety of the rest of the year. Like, what if the league gives him a twelve game suspension and now instead of being back for the final month of the year, he's out until the final game of the year. But I don't think. I think when Jordan Addison got three games for DUI, I think Rashi Rashi's was different, Like it was wildly dangerous and irresponsible. There were minor injuries, but he also wasn't impaired at least they you know, wasn't proven to be. So I don't so I think it will be probably double Jordan Addison four or five or six is what I think will happen. But the timing of that's really really lucky for Kansas City. Start your chiefs conspiracy theories now, like rate, subscribe, review, appreciate all you guys. We will be back a week from Tuesday on this show with our gambling shows next week Tuesday and Thursday. Demanday. Congrats on the Snakes. Thank you to Blue Duck, thank you to Volume, thank you to Booze, thank you to Wayfair, thank you to DraftKings. See you guys all on TV in a few hours. What's right