Speaker 1: M mm hmmm, mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Welcome back all the smoke kicking off today. Man with with the one and only I mean, rapper, entrepreneur, athlete, actor, uh, investor, I mean you name it. This guy has done it all, and he's done it all for for a long time at a very high level. Welcome to the show, Master Pete. Yes, sir, so, I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you and a legend to us and the South from a whole bunch of other different ways.
Speaker 4: Now I feel it, talk about it, talk about it. You know that already.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you brought some you brought some stuff over there. Let's just get right to it, right, that's clear the table.
Speaker 5: Don't don't, don't. Nobody got more product than me. He already to try. Okay, So y'all, this is not shows. That's a new Snoop knock show. I'm saying barbecue. I'm just showing, y'all. So that's what that's what I'm saying. We entrepreneurs. They want us to be at the least and entertainers forever, but we can't, right, but we can sell product for Yeah. So look that's that's the that's the master. P OUI chips. Nobody got more product than me. Hold on, let me get to this. That's some more ooh, we we're.
Speaker 4: Going trying all up.
Speaker 5: That's a coconut warden. We're gonna show y'all win done yet. Hold up, that's the noodles because we been eat noodles all our life, but we never owned it, right Yeah? Okay, yeah, yeah, that's the Master p Puffs.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Those like Cheetos.
Speaker 6: Better, man, Come on, I said.
Speaker 3: Like cheetos, that's okay, barbecue with my honey man.
Speaker 4: I like the flavor mix.
Speaker 6: So let me show y'all. We got essential goods too. I got rights, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm still going as bad. So this this character here, we got characters too. That's Captain Nates. That's the Kobe Bryant Cereal. Okay, so I'm gonna show y'all that y'all see that's the honey Old Snacks.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a snoop on it with snoop talk to us about.
Speaker 5: Let me tell y'all something we did hip hop. Now, we got Cereal. We national brand, that's not a celebrity brand. We everywhere June Snoop cereal. That's my dude. We're building a family brand, so that's Broder's Foods, so you know Kelvin Brothers.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: So we made a lot of money in the music industry and now we're taking over the breafast food game.
Speaker 6: So we're the kings of breakfast food.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 6: I love it, y'all.
Speaker 4: We ain't done though, I.
Speaker 6: Ain't done well. I got books too.
Speaker 4: Won't let y'all know kid books?
Speaker 5: I got kids books, so you know, same thing. While you're eating your cereals for your kids, you could read the books.
Speaker 4: Get them off the iPads.
Speaker 6: I want to them. I want to stole them. Young.
Speaker 5: Oh, I got shoes. That's the majorities motivating oneself. Encourage you actively to think independently. And look, so these shoes. I brought these nights too. I brought these from overseas. So when to tell you'll, let me tell y'all about these shoes, right, So I brought these from China, and we gotta we gotta do business like the Chinese do. I had to spend fifty percent upfront. So if there was one hundred ks of shoes, right, put fifty up front. You don't even see what you get when it comes. So the difference was I couldn't even sell these shoes because that there was two sizes different. So sometimes you make investments that you got to eat. But then I had to grow. So so the size was if this was a ten, it'll be like a size twelve and I don't get my money back or nothing. So sometimes you lose. I want to talk about feeling at the same time. So I spent a hundred k on this didn't get so I had to make it as marketing promotion, give it out to the hood because it was two sides small and so the same thing with the Cereal.
Speaker 6: So we lost at the Cereal.
Speaker 5: At first we named the snoop Loops and we had a problem you know with ketalogs, and they came after us.
Speaker 6: We lost a couple of million.
Speaker 5: When back now we got national distribution with Posts Cereal, which that never been done before. So that going to show you sometime as an entrepreneur, you're gonna lose, You're gonna feel so everything don't go the way you wanted to go.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 2: Learn it from experience, Yes, sir, when did you get the goods kind of bug to just start creating or where when did that kind of start?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 5: As a kid, I was like, to be honest with you, me at six years old, I'm in a project carrying grocers for the elderly, cutting grass. So I had that entrepreneur spirit because I was poor. I lived with my grandparents. And how people make excuses. They get mad, Oh where I live with my I have my dad on him. I lived with my grandparents and my grandparents had twelve kids. We lived in a three bedroom project and so I never had my bed till I went to college.
Speaker 6: So basketball was my life.
Speaker 5: So people look at oh he played basketball, but basketball is my life.
Speaker 6: That's what really got me out the hood.
Speaker 5: And so I mean it drove me to where I'm up at night ball and working on my game and the calio projects, knowing that you could get gunned down at any day. So but people start loving me because of my basketball. They'd be like, oh, that's peep man, you know, let him go. We don't do that no more were gunning everything now, now you know what I'm saying. So that was a good thing for me growing up. If you had talent, people would let you survive because they figured, well, you might be the next to make it upout, make it up out of here. Yeah no, man. So for me being an entrepreneur, it has been. It's been my whole life because I ain't never had nothing. I'm like, man, I gotta get something from my mama, which was my grandmother. So I worked hard for her. See, I'm gonna change this, you know. And I never thought that way, like, oh, I live in the projects. I always had the mentality I live in a mansion, and I never said I was broke. I always said, I'm waiting all my money. Because my Auntique, I mean my cousin, she was in an accident on a bus, so she was always be smiling even though she lived in a project. I said, what's what you have? You say, I'm waiting all my money. I got hit by this bus and they're gonna send me a check. I'm gonna get me a merceades. I started taking that I'm waiting all my money.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Me being from part of the Texas that's five hours from where you from where you're from in the world, and you know, I'm similar with me growing up in my set, A lot of people protected me because they knew I had, you know, an opportunity to play basketball with you growing up in the Cali, your projects, you know, me knowing how crazy it was and how hard it was to come up out of there.
Speaker 4: How did how did you survive that?
Speaker 3: And also you know we're trying to make a living, yeah, for you and your family?
Speaker 4: How did you.
Speaker 3: Figure that out? And get to music? To figure out? Music was something to get you out of there.
Speaker 5: I had to be an actor, had to be an actor because it was killed or be killed, and so my acting skills kicked in. I wanted to live so and I think you can't be afraid to know that anything could happen to you. So I knew I could die, which a lot of my friends they just thought they was tough. My brothers, you know, all of them died at a young age because they didn't.
Speaker 6: They feared nothing.
Speaker 5: And so I think having that fear, knowing that I can die, kept me to live. And like I said that, my acting skills kicked in. Man, I'm not about to kill nobody for you.
Speaker 4: You're the order survive.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And so people come at that time, you know, back then you get a murder charge you under eighteen, you get juvenile life. You could get out by the time you make eighteen. So say, I ain't about to do that for nobody. So when it go down, I'm like, man, you know I'm out there with that thing. Man, the police coming, I got to go. You know what I'm saying. That's that was my mean to get be able to get out the way. And I think basketball did it for me because I was I was a tough kid when it came to basketball.
Speaker 4: You know, try to bully me.
Speaker 6: No, man, I wasn't trying to bully you.
Speaker 4: Bro know that.
Speaker 5: Look, Steve, this is I have but right so you know by me coming into music by that time, I'm in the music. But they don't really know that I really do this. But this is what saved my life. So you know, you walk in these gym so when you when you say that, like to my homeboy byes He you know he with me. He light skinned, We called him Dirty rad. He probably one of the toughest light skinned dudes to live in the project.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: So when I met them at U c l A.
Speaker 5: I used to come in there and I want to see the other light skinned dude was with him. Member what's the other dude?
Speaker 4: That was hard?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was that was hard coming into college. So they were you know what I mean. And this is when he was hot too. So I was always listening to his music in high school. And I remember we had Kobe up there, Paul Pierce, Shack, everybody was up there. But when I saw p I lost. I'm like, yo, that's master p Like, come on man, And he was out there and he was he was doing this thing. Obviously could play, you know what I mean. But it was fun because he just had that mentality of just toughness and on it. I liked it too, but you know, obviously I had to like kind of show Okay, we're gonna bump.
Speaker 4: We're gonna bump now.
Speaker 5: But he know me from from the from the bay, Like you know, I got my hustle game with all this stuff. When you talk about the products, like I played for Coach compcl people don't know I've been against Jason Kidd all these to really play Garrett Payton, you know what I'm saying, Like we got some wild stories, you know, but when I should come to the gym, you know, they'll always think, oh, well you master pe. I'm like old, look, bro, I've been doing this forever. I'm about to get to the league. And he know we went the back way. So everybody think when you really see my story, like basketball took me out the projects, got me to college, the University of Houston, and then I got hurt, went to Marry Boom, started back over and I thought I was gonna go to cal That was my whole thing.
Speaker 6: But the dude that call.
Speaker 5: Was like, we don't take it. No junior college transfer us. And so when I got to the Toronto Raptors, he ended up being a recruiting coach.
Speaker 6: I dogged him up.
Speaker 5: Dog, But basketball was you know, I played the game tough. Wen't Aventure so much stuff because me and him we went the background. We had to go through the minor leagues, all this stuff, like so we I mean, we took the background. People don't even know all the teams I played for. So I'm about to do a documentary because I went by me taking the background.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 5: My favorite coach was probably Donny Nelson. People don't know that I played I see, you know what I'm saying. So what Donnie did for I got a ten day I was playing against Earl Barkins them, so they sent me up on a ten day. Donny Nelson was gonna get me two year contract the next year, but he got sick. So I met Steve Nash down and I went straight at his head as soon as I got it, you know, son, and was like, man, no, mass.
Speaker 4: I like you.
Speaker 6: You you tough.
Speaker 5: So that was that was a good experience for me. But I don't know if you remember this Sacramento in the summer.
Speaker 2: You came up there with what you uh with with with Mike bit bibi.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I played on I played on that summer league team.
Speaker 4: I think you got hurt yep, I didn't play, but yeah, I remember we.
Speaker 6: Went at it then, yeah, we went ahead.
Speaker 2: But it was dope, like I said, because I mean, you were one of my favorite artists growing up. Just to see you transition and to see that you really had game, you know what I mean? So what was that transition? Like obviously you had and I want to get into how you got into music, but we'll go back to that. But platinum, multi platinum artists, entrepreneur, businessman, but you still wanted to chase your first love and your first dream to just talk about that journey.
Speaker 5: Because basketball was it is the journey. Like you said, I love the journey. It wasn't for money. So I played in the CBA. I probably made like fifteen hundred dollars a month and I had millions. You know what I'm saying, be flying on a little small ship. They had a little small planes in and out. But that that journey, I tell you all the time, it's like all this stuff, it's not about getting to the end of it. It's the journey on the way that would push you with drive you. So that journey pushed me to made me just just want it, and I had that dog in me and that just that just took me to the next level. But I feel like basketball got me off the streets. And so that's what really took my life to another level and really saved my life without basketball because my coach, I was the last one to get picked up on AAU. So my coaches be like, man, I love what you're doing, but you a tough kid and we need you so But I lived in the middle of jungle, and so my grandmother said that y'all, y'all want my grandson, y'all got to come pick him up and so you know that.
Speaker 6: That let me know that people believed in me with him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that that to me, that bro that drove me to another level. Like a lot of dudes I grew up with. You know, their kids in the NBA have played with Jaren Jackson all them, so you know they kids and the and now I'm able to give that past that down to my kids. So you when to look at Basketball'm gonna tell yall something what we got to look at?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: People always compare Michael Jordan and Lebron. Why they never compare Larry Bird and Pistol people, they don't do that. You see what I'm saying, That a lot of self hate. We have to change that. Even Lebron, now you're aby getting the.
Speaker 6: Lead with his son.
Speaker 5: I've seen with his son number ten on her projected. Yeah, and so I looked at that. You like, people say, oh, man, don't think he that gun said you know what, man, that's history.
Speaker 6: Me and you know the dude could play. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But just because he Lebron's son, now everybody gotta but wouldn't you like to see that, like imagine that we could have did that way.
Speaker 4: For my sons. I'm doing it. I'm doing it.
Speaker 5: My son a dog, I don't care nothing about all that. Let you know, I'm like to school together. Yeah, so you know, and this is how raised him.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: We live in a mansion, but you raised like you in the projects. Like I ain't gonna give it to you want it.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna support you exactly. But we got to support each other.
Speaker 5: But we live in a culture where it's a lot of self hate and we got to change that. So that's my mentality is you know, for us, when you look at a lot of these shows, any bloggers and stuff like that, we rather entertained than educate. We have to change that. That's why we're dying so young. And that's why people because now all you look at is headlines. You don't even look at the truth, think.
Speaker 6: About none of that stuff. No more.
Speaker 5: Nobody has no integrity to say let's do the truth. You know, like nobody never really stopped and say, man, can't massa pe really play basketball? But what he was doing before, Let's be honest.
Speaker 4: It's about being first, not right. That's what they want to be first instead of we were just talking about with the young college boy last night and went out and had a career high. And you know, he was involved in that murder situation, and everybody dogged them saying it was this, this and that, and come to find out he was innocent.
Speaker 6: But that's but well, guess what, they a't gonna go back to change.
Speaker 4: And that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Why they quick to make you guilty before you guilty? If you black, you know what I'm saying, You don't have to be guilty. But as soon as they mentioned that in the paper, are mentioned your name in it, you guilty because the end result is not gonna get posted the same way the accused was.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you all, the product matters, right. It's like us, think about it. We all come from the struggle in the pain, right, But they hate to see us like this. They can't believe it. Come on him, you know, you know, they can't believe that we did a three sixty.
Speaker 6: They can't.
Speaker 5: They want me to just be a music guy. Like but I'm like, wait up, do you know these companies last names that they've they've been selling these products for hundreds of years.
Speaker 6: They make billions of dollars.
Speaker 5: When you look at the fortune five one hundred companies, we only make up a tenth of one percent because I keep telling people product out, weighe talent, George Foeman, the grill is more bigger than anything.
Speaker 6: But did think about it right now?
Speaker 5: But they they don't want to see that. They don't want to see man master p and Snoop. They selling cereal, they got legit packs. Oh man, they selling shit. You do know how many billions of dollars these companies make. And if we want to change something like even what you experienced with with with with with all, George, like, we gotta we gotta be able to control these communities and these cultures we have, and that financially we can't do it. Because we can march in the streets, we ain't gonna get no justice.
Speaker 6: Think about it.
Speaker 5: At the end of the day, it's keep going from circle to circle.
Speaker 6: Because think about it.
Speaker 5: I tell people all the time that we gotta in order to win, we gotta.
Speaker 6: Buy blocks back.
Speaker 5: And so you can't buy your box blocks back without having finances, you know what I'm saying. So think about this is all about economic empowerment. But it got to start with us and stop the self here we gotta think about it. We don't because they're grouping up. So if you see me and Snoop doing this at a company that then put it out all these major brands, because Posts the only company that step up and say listen, listen, look at doing the diversity thing with you and Snoop. Right, So that's what I respect them for. Like, let's do something different, something unique. Listen, Let you guys be able to feed y'all communities and y'all culture.
Speaker 4: Give me the same opportunity we give everybody else.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: That's all we've ever asked for handouts, No, just giving the opportunity.
Speaker 5: Think about We not perfect. They go back and look at our past. But what I love when Johnny Cochins was alive. Right, here's my attorney. You say, man, my brother was a crackhead. But I'm one of the biggest lawyers in the world. Nobody's gonna view me on family members, of friends or anything.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 5: But like I said, well, we got to stop, like our culture gott to look at what I'm doing and saying. I'm saying we're the kings of breakfast food. Do y'all know the families that we could feed like. We got to change our mindset to destroy each other because that's what they want us to do.
Speaker 6: We rather entertain and educate. I've been trying to educate how long I've been.
Speaker 5: I've been twenty four years giving back to the community, doing what I got to do for my people.
Speaker 6: All over the world.
Speaker 5: They want you to see, this is how the double work man shut him down, shut him down with us against us, and I'm going to change that narature. I'm gonna educate us and keep teaching us. And that's what I realized. I say, man, it's a fight because we're in a spiritual warfare, our family members, our friends, everybody doing it to because it's the closest people around you that's gonna hurt you. So my message to any athlete, basketball player or whatever, man vest your money into some product. I'm not investing my money into people no more. That's why I really got out to entertainment business and the music business and really got into the product business because I started studying and I said, how they make all this money, how they keep passing now on generational will? They building family brands and names. You look at Gucci, Catogs, all these different companies. These are all family names. We think it's some fly names. These are all family name.
Speaker 4: And we lose it.
Speaker 5: We lose it because we're sitting around thinking. Think about it. I don't care how calld y'all was in basketball. Y'all can't play no more me either. I try to dunk the other day.
Speaker 4: I couldn't lost that. I still do that now I come home.
Speaker 6: But you can't be who you is who you used to be, not even close.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying. That's what I'm saying. Think about it. But they programm us like that. But that's what I'm trying to deprogram the next generation. Like, look, get in while you hot and build all this stuff then, because think about it. Michael Jordan, Right, they talk about Jordan, but his biggest string is them shoes.
Speaker 6: He can't fly like he used to know more.
Speaker 5: But guess in your mind, you like, I need to get them Jordan's picture.
Speaker 4: On them shoes on the shoes, still flying. That's all he needs.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. See what I'm saying, that's the that's the game. But our people, oh well, man, what you mean? Product always tell man, I'm only telling you the truth. They've been passing down from generation to generation. We're still thinking, oh, yeah, use your talent to get into where you need to go at but imagine if you do it while you hot. But we always we also wait and talk stuff about each other when we're gone.
Speaker 6: That's it. Think about it at first when you look at it.
Speaker 5: Right from Nipsey Hustle, he couldn't sell two three hundred thousand records that when he gone three million, five million. Kobe the greatest player in the world. Now that he's gone, It's be honest.
Speaker 4: They celebrate you once you're gone. That's it.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm gonna give my whole bunch of stuff when I'm gonna y'all gonna buy everything. I'm cool, even to my family and gold Bill. You ain't gotta buy it right now. You're gonna buy my shoes. You're gonna buy all my product.
Speaker 6: That's cool.
Speaker 5: I get yeah, but you it ain't nothing gonna change it.
Speaker 6: But it's gonna be the same product.
Speaker 5: Nipsey had the same record bro that went triple platinum that everybody loved nothing. But that's why we got to keep edging king the ones that want to listen the ones that don't want to listen.
Speaker 6: I'm cool. I ain't trying to teach you. No knuckle here. It's nothing that.
Speaker 5: Don't want to that don't want to learn. But if you want to learn, I'm gonna educate my culture, my.
Speaker 3: People to a lot of them love it. Let's go back to New Orleans and music scene. What was it like in the seventies and eighties?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 5: Uh, I grew up listening to like Run DMC and all the old you know music back then because as a kid, and for me in New Orleans, you know, coming to that that eighties now nineties era, it was all a bounce jazz, Yeah, yeah, jazz, Lawie.
Speaker 6: Armstrong, all that fat Dominos.
Speaker 5: You know, just that's just that's just the music you heard because with your grandparents living with them, like that's what they was playing. And so the Marvin Gaze, Let's get it on, you know. So I grew up, I grew up listening to that, and I think that's what really put me on the path of the music.
Speaker 6: You know, as a kid.
Speaker 4: And so.
Speaker 2: When did you you know, pursue music as a or when did you know the music could be you know, can take you places.
Speaker 6: So I didn't know.
Speaker 5: So when you see my I got a TV series called No Limit TV series like the BMM that'll be coming.
Speaker 4: Real soon Deon Taylor, Right, yeah, shout out.
Speaker 5: And so I'm gonna tell y'all like nobody don't really notice. But so this hand, you see how rough it is in this hand regularly. So I got shocked as a five year old kid. I'm in a tub. My dad come, big old dude, told me go sit the trash out. I'm chilling. I forgot bam. I hearhim knocking on the door.
Speaker 6: I jump up.
Speaker 5: I'm listening to run DMC. I try to grab the radio out the walls, and it shocked me. They rushed me to the hospit feeling I'd have been gone. And so it went through this hand and came out my feet, and I knew music was something in me and I didn't. I didn't know it, but I used to like DJ for my grandparents at their little supper parties. They do the little Supper and I used to DJ. But I never knew that I was gonna be in the music business until after I got hurt in college playing basketball.
Speaker 6: So my grandfather was like.
Speaker 5: You need to get up and go do something because I'm thinking I'm gone. I'm thinking I'm going to the pros. I didn't handle my.
Speaker 6: Business so that I had to figure out something. I just always used to listen to music, and so I think that's how music really I started really realizing. I started singing little songs, writing little songs on my own in the project. But I didn't know it was gonna go this for you know.
Speaker 2: So at one point, you get hurt, you stop, you take music serious. You succeeded that. What was that journey like because you went the independent route too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I was eighteen when I got hurt. I laid down for a little while bam then left went to Richmond, California, Bay Aria, the Bay Aria, I mean Richmond, California. I opened up a record So all these people be saying, man, that person young.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: I opened my store at nineteen, and so I learned the music business in Richmond at nineteen. So I couldn't even buy the music I wanted because I was too young. You had to be twenty one. And so I opened up this store. It was no Limit records. So people don't realize that's how I learned the music industry. No Limit was a retail record store and Richmond. I had a nice fixed up car, so everybody used to come. You know, I don't care whether it was two partty. Everybody they come, you know, put their records in their own consignment and I sell it. And I learned the game from the players from Oakland to Frisco to Balo. Then I started hanging out with E forty uncle and started really learning the game. But I started, man, so anybody that's young like this, this is a young man's game, So stop saying all that, Oh he young, he don't know. No, man, we got in that nineteen yeah, and I started. I went from making no money to ten thousand a month to ten thousand a day, and I ended up taking over. So what I learned, I started the West Coast Bad Boys. And that's how it got on, you know, because I was country man like that.
Speaker 6: Like so I was.
Speaker 5: I put my money invested into a whole bunch of artists whatever they wanted, and created that brand, the West Coast Bad Boys.
Speaker 6: Then I came back home and created it down South, hustling.
Speaker 3: It's always something in our lives, especially when we're trying to figure out who we are. It's always something on somebody, you know what I mean. Losing your grandfather, Yeah, you know, I know he was. He was important to your life and you know put he put you in a position to do something with yourself. You know, you didn't know he was leaving you something behind, but he ended up leaving.
Speaker 4: Can't talk about that. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So with my grandfather, my grandmother like like before I opened the store, no, I ain't had no bread. Right when my grandfather passed that they gave her a settlement. I think it was like two hundred and seven thousand. She gave all the kids ten thousand and first, No Limit was gonna be a a mobile detail.
Speaker 6: I had the whole plan, but my brother was a hustle. He a gangster.
Speaker 5: He's like, bro, I ain't watching no white people called straight up. So I'm like, okay, I got to figure out something else. And that's when I went to the store. But you know, I was the last one with my grandfather. And so that's where the whole No Limit camouflies. He fought in the Vietnam War and they never gave him that ten thousand dollars for us to move out the project to go get the house that he was gonna put down on. So he always tell me, you know, grandson, you gotta start your own business, start your own omen. And that's where the whole no limit camouflies that came from. And so then I ended up getting the ten thousand dollars that he never got, but he gave all his kids ten ten grand my grandmother did. And so my brother went took over the streets and he got killed at nineteen, and a couple of my other family members they did they think, and I went I went straight legit cold turkey, like I'm gonna do this music thing. And so that's when I jumped in the music thing. After my grandfather and my brother passed, it was like I gotta do something different, Like I don't want to die on these streets. I gotta I gotta build a business. And that's when I really stopped, really started putting everything into this. And I told you, I told you about my boy buys. I'm like, bro, we can't be on the streets no more. And we got all in. We were like we ain't trying to put a half foot in none of that. Anybody around us. We going haul at this and we don't have no money. We're gonna go without till we make some more. But we ain't taken to the streets. And so that that's what's really you know, thankful for my grandfather that uh that.
Speaker 6: Did that for my family.
Speaker 5: And the sad part about it, we would have never knew what happened. But a nurse called me and told me that she couldn't sleep, that she gave my grandfather some blood in the medicine.
Speaker 6: He was a big, old strong dude.
Speaker 5: And and uh, that's that's how we got the lawsuit against.
Speaker 4: Damn true came out.
Speaker 3: So from the from from that to opening the record store, how did no Lima come about?
Speaker 4: Like the record? But how did it blow like that?
Speaker 5: It ain't blow At first I was opening act for Tupa. Uh you know, by me being from the.
Speaker 4: South, nobody would never know that I was opening act.
Speaker 6: So but I started on.
Speaker 4: The roll like years like around what time was this? That was that was early early nineties.
Speaker 5: Now because he passed in ninety six, I believe, So this was like right the two years before that I was.
Speaker 6: An opening act on there.
Speaker 5: Uh so the guy, the white guy who announced me be mister Peter country singer because I'm from New Orleans. Man, that's the first time I wanted to fight is this old man?
Speaker 6: I'm like, bro, look you do that again?
Speaker 4: What fuck you gainst? Mister P from New Orleans?
Speaker 5: And so you know, I got his mind right, and I'm out there performing right and I'm singing body body and one dude on him was drunk or whatever.
Speaker 6: He was bouncing wait minute, bound bounce.
Speaker 5: I walked off the stage twenty thousand people to him, give him a no limity.
Speaker 6: I said, you like that? He said, man, I love that.
Speaker 4: W're whopen.
Speaker 5: Then my brother said, why are you so happy? I said, I got one?
Speaker 6: He said one? What I said? A fan said, I turned that one in a million? And we walked up. I get on. I'm a bus with Tupat and them.
Speaker 5: Man, man, I mean it was just good dudes to me, Like every time I was around them, they cared about people, like for easy to take me down to the radio station. You know what I'm saying, Like that was love. But he seen my hustle in my drive. I was ready to go. I went any hood wherever. That's when he was a hustling.
Speaker 6: So I show up with my concess.
Speaker 5: You know, I don't know nothing about out here with the gang banging and stuff. I'm trying to sell my CD.
Speaker 6: You know, do that? Man, where you from? What you got out?
Speaker 5: I said, Man, I'm from New Orleans. Man, he said, what you said? I say, I'm selling a CD. He said, you know where you're at? And I say, no, sir, he said, I said, I'm just trying to sell a CD and make it. He said, man, how much want? I said, I want twenty dollars? He said, man, I ged you ten. I seen the gun. I'm like, I take the tent.
Speaker 6: You know. And that's what like these was like, Man, some of these places you can't go, but I wouldn't use it. I'm from the South Wing. We move around, Yeah, we move around. We don't really know that.
Speaker 5: And it's like, know, that's when I started really understanding the neighborhood, the culture, the culture and stuff.
Speaker 6: Because even in the Bay, the Bay was different.
Speaker 4: The Bay.
Speaker 6: We were just hustlers out there, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It wasn't like, man, we go to the call show, turn up, you know what I'm saying, go to Fessor, but.
Speaker 6: The lake, the lake yea. So now man.
Speaker 5: But it's knowing those different cultures and then taking that uh and getting on the road with it. So I think that was my biggest strength. Like I said, showing up, going to everyhood. I went to New York, Chicago, Texas. I just start showing up. And I mean I started watching the other people at that time. Rapp a Lot was so big. I studied, they moved, you know, swab House was so big. I'm like, man, big Drake. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So I'm like, but we celebrate each other. We don't do that now.
Speaker 5: Man, were jealous of each other and we somebody own I say, we have to change that narrative.
Speaker 6: I think we got the young people got to go back.
Speaker 5: And that's what I love about the TV series I'm about to put out so they could see how I celebrated Uncle Luke.
Speaker 6: I celebrated you know, Jay.
Speaker 5: And all those news I mean, I celebrated them because they came before me. So Nah, it wasn't no inspirational. Yeah, that's what it's about. So when did it click for no Limit? I think it clicked for no limit when I put the ice cream man el because everything was dark. Think about everything was black. It was dark when I put the ice cream man out, and I looked at it having a retail store, I'm like, everything dark.
Speaker 6: And then I had one of those.
Speaker 5: I had a rolex, and I'm like, I'm gonna put this diamond logo. That's what I wanted, right, and I'm gonna make it. When people walk in the store, you can see that. So everything is all about marketing. People think music is about the talent. I always help people. It's ten percent talent, nineteen percent business. And so that's how I was able to make.
Speaker 4: It building that roster for No Limit.
Speaker 3: For me, you know, there's a lot of artists that that was on the roster, but being from the South, it's some people on the roster that a lot of people don't talk about.
Speaker 4: That really was the heart of No Limit to me.
Speaker 3: Like he just came home, Mac, I just lost my brother and one of our favorite songs was my brother that he.
Speaker 4: Got on his album. I know you know what song I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: That's that was a song with guys like him and Uh, mister serav On and Uh. And I came to the all these people that you were able to put together for the how how how was it the the journey building that roster because you had a lot of artists all at one time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean we wanted to do something different and show the people around us love. That was my whole thing, building a family, building a team. So I built my company x X Yeah, mea ex Mystical uh Se, Silk Fiend, just a lot of talent, man, a lot of talent and crazy uh Bringing all those people together, it was just a lot of love, you know, because everybody was passionate about making it out. And Max came to the Bay uh with k L And that was the reason I went back home because Mex was like, I like what you're doing, because.
Speaker 6: You know, I was in the Bay. I had it going on with me and e A Ski shout out. The Ski was the band he was out with. Drake think about it.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 6: E A Ski was a monster him and c MT. You know what I'm saying. Like, So that's where I spent a lot of my time at.
Speaker 5: But when Meyl came, she was like, we gotta go back to the South because you know, like we we need that type of music.
Speaker 6: But e A Ski was I mean, I can't wait to get back with A skim.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna work with him on this uh No Limit TV series. Yeah, yeah, because we want we want that field and being able to get back home and just hook up with all the artists.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: Like I don't know if y'all remember this Dangerous Dame was signing me. You remember Dangerous Dame? Yeah, he was too short for us. Think about it, like he was and something happened to him. I don't know what. I think somebody dropped something in the drink or something, man, and he wasn't the same ever since that. That was probably one of my favorite rappers that we had on the label that in the in the early beginning, that was gonna be huge. And like you said, Mac before Mac went to prison and Mac was like nods.
Speaker 4: Fast special bro.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Mac was.
Speaker 5: Mac was special and I'm glad he home and we celebrated him. So I can't wait. We'll we're talking about this right, So, I don't know if y'all seen last year, I had my first annual birthday bash in New Orleans on my birthday, which was uh.
Speaker 6: Last year, right. I brought Snoop out, Oh, brought.
Speaker 5: So many big acts. I mean, we shut the whole city down. We did it at the at the Smoothie King, and so I had to date. We didn't know that they was gonna make it to the playoffs, brought Keith Sweat, brought so many big artists out right, and I ended up having to let the Pelicans use it to play because.
Speaker 6: I had already paid for no. I had already paid.
Speaker 5: And so now my birthday April twenty eight in New Orleans is going to be even bigger.
Speaker 4: We need to invite me.
Speaker 5: I'm just telling you, April twenty eight at the Smoothie King.
Speaker 4: Showtime, me and Jacknie Flights. I'm April two. So that's perfect.
Speaker 6: We're good.
Speaker 5: You know what's up, bro? Look it's about to be crazy, y'all. I'm talking about It's got to you about to see nothing but Cammel the whole arena, nothing but Camel, some of the biggest artists. April twenty eight, the Smoothie King.
Speaker 4: We're going to get a no limit reunion tour. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So we've been doing that. We've been doing that. We were done so all out, every every everywhere. But when Mistical Mystical went back to jail man, it's kind of like tough, you know. So we're like, Okay, we're gonna see what's gonna happen, and hopefully he.
Speaker 6: Get out of this situation.
Speaker 5: But this, this, this is gonna be a celebration, man, because we got to start appreciating each other, you know. And I think that's what I want to don't want to be to give all my soldiers they flowers while they hear and that that April twenty eight day. And plus we're gonna do it for a good cause. I started this foundation call You Not Alone, and it's all about mental illness.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: You don't realize how many athletes and entertainments dealing with mental illness, but they don't want to talk about it. Because even me growing up in a project, right, I used to see why they hide that person in the back of the house or somebody mom in that rocking and nobody really like but people laughing and making fun. But now it's been changed to where we could actually communicate, get people on the right medicine, so you get helped, Yeah, get people with counselors, do all these type of things. And those were I want to do with all these brands and everything that that we're building to be able to put back and give back to say about people because the mental health the man like even the basketball players that we've seen, uh what his name is in Dallas? That Delante? And then what's the other guy that I.
Speaker 4: Mean, Kevin Love? I mean one of your former players you been Gordon, yes, yeah, but I.
Speaker 2: Mean even someone you coached, and you coach Demarta Rosie as a youngster. He was someone that came out and said he had mental health.
Speaker 4: But been Going.
Speaker 3: Then Going is one of the smartest people I've ever met in my life, dog like.
Speaker 4: And it's crazy to you know, to see all that's going on, but he's one of us.
Speaker 3: I'm meaning, from the bottom of my heart, the most intelligent person I've ever met.
Speaker 5: But you never know where it's going to think about it. So, but but guess what, though, how many people really help?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 6: They say all that, but they wait, oh, well you ain't hot no more. Nobody really care.
Speaker 5: I don't care, and so don't those and type of things that we have to change. And that's why I go so hard on entrepreneurship because without that, we can't build economic empowerment because thein't nobody even with y'all with what y'all doing now, Who would ever thought that you guys could do that?
Speaker 4: I know, damn well thought i'd be in jail.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought you be in jail keeping getting up, Bro, he was wild that last fight you had, right, Nobody thought you could overcome that.
Speaker 3: Nobody they count you out. They count me out thinking about it. Me growing up in the project. Bro, I'm doing music. They couldn't believe until they actually seen me on TV. And most of them probably was in prison by the time they caught on it.
Speaker 6: Like, man, that's my boy used to be back.
Speaker 5: I'm gone. I want more out of life. And that's all we did. We ain't no different than them. God gave us a second chance, some of us third and four chances to what we like. Man, I started thinking different. That's when I know I'm like, man, God got a bigger plan for me, and I'm not afraid to to to accept this challenge and go on it. But most of my friends, Dog, I told you, they was just too hard.
Speaker 6: They ain't want it. They ain't want it.
Speaker 5: It's like you know, like some man, I'm gonna die, make it, not me. I ain't about to speak that you know, think about when.
Speaker 6: You speak that.
Speaker 4: Come on, you can manifest, you manifact that like this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, fact, just like we can manifest. Man, I'm about to like what you gonna do. Man, I'm about to take over the grocery stores. That don't sound cool. I'm gonna take over the streets. Oh yeah, yeah, you go do that. But if I told you I'm gonna take over the grocery store, You're like, man, come on, man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because because it ain't know it's working that.
Speaker 6: It don't happen over.
Speaker 5: Tell y'all something about this, right, me and Snoop, You already have to be rich to do this.
Speaker 6: You get paid twice a year.
Speaker 5: So how many people could wait to get their money twice a year?
Speaker 6: This be honest. They don't understand that. And then you got to do the.
Speaker 5: Marketing, the sales team, the trucks, all this stuff. You got to pay all these people before you even make a dime. And so they just like me investing into And I'm gonna tell y'all something right now.
Speaker 6: Right, that's why a lot of these people that's.
Speaker 5: Making fun and talking about each other on these sites and stuff, you gonna need these people because if you look at a lot of these people, these big companies, entertainment company, they getting fired, they slimming down at It's not not too many companies like you've seen. So you're gonna need the entrepreneurs because you ain't gonna be able to do none of the projects. You got right where you gonna get the money from. So that's the part that we have to change. How they put us against us and they can't see us in a different light, but they can see a white man in a suit and be like, oh man, go work with him. A lot of people right now, bro, blame everything, Steve. You know, come on, bro, you done been around all the wolves, think about it. They can't understand the name of the game is chess. Protect the king, Yeah, protect the king. That's how we lost Nipsey.
Speaker 4: That's how we lost all these.
Speaker 5: These young dudes that could that was feeding the community. This man going to the community post.
Speaker 6: To protect him. They trying to eat.
Speaker 4: Why him and not me? That's the whole thing. Why him and not me?
Speaker 5: But that's why we got to think small than not too A lot of stuff I used to do, I don't do no more.
Speaker 6: But I'm still that same dog.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you just don't put yourself in a position I don't have to, don't.
Speaker 6: Have to think about if one of them make it out, they're not gonna do this. Man, you ain't real no more. Okay, we'll cool.
Speaker 5: So you you want to come live where I live better?
Speaker 6: You want to walk around looking crazy? To go ahead.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of past keeping the real. I'm more of keeping it right, yes, but I didn't graduated from keeping the real as that.
Speaker 4: Man. It's not beneficial. Now.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you something that I got a lot of funds keeping the real on my knagga, but keeping it real, keeping the reals don't exist because it's natural. I mean, that's just me being silent. But at the same time, you need to keep it right, bro, because keep keep it right's way more beneficial keeping it real, because everybody ain't gonna keep it real with you. Well, think about if you look at it right free thug. Yeah, everybody that say they love you until something happened condition and then you're looking for.
Speaker 6: Them what they had many all these people. I like what you said, though, dog keeping it right.
Speaker 5: Being able to speak the truth, because that's it. Some people don't like the truth. It's like, bro, okay, why I'm successful and why you not? I must be doing the right thing. But the thing what we did was we worked like once we brought Snoop and signed Snoop Like Snoop product was on so many.
Speaker 6: Of them records.
Speaker 5: Man, because we didn't mind working, don't We didn't think about it. We like, we know, what if we get hot, just keep doing music, keep.
Speaker 4: Putting it out.
Speaker 5: We was almost like, so I learned that from like being an athlete in the gym.
Speaker 6: You got to stay in the gym. If you want to get better, you got it. I tell you all the time. You can't cheat this. And it's the game of life. You know, if you put the work in, you're gonna win.
Speaker 4: Get out what you put him.
Speaker 5: You know, think about it. Look how you came up. I see see, I'm telling you. I started really tripping off him.
Speaker 4: Everywhere I go.
Speaker 6: He was there. I'm like, man, where this dude come from?
Speaker 4: Already?
Speaker 6: You know we going there.
Speaker 5: I was like, man, And didn't he know at the time, B he thought he was you.
Speaker 7: Know everything to this day to this actual moment. But BD was a bad dude. We know that, Like he like, so this when I knew he was good. Right when the first dunky got at U c l a like he just went crazy. You couldn't tell him nothing after that, no more. But these dudes showed up every day in the gym. So I go sneaking the gym, like, oh man, the light skinned dude in the gym, and I got.
Speaker 6: To give I gotta keep my work on. I got to get in there.
Speaker 4: He targeted me.
Speaker 2: I was y'all around that time, y'all we were talking life.
Speaker 4: The nigga.
Speaker 6: Y'all wasn't yet. YA had a g passion, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 5: I wanted to see how real he was though he know him and his boy they used to be in there talking man stuff too. So I'd be like, okay, okay, I'm on, I got him. I just wanted to check him, just to see. I said, Okay, he ain't backing down. I got to hit him with another book. You know, he didn't look like he was raising the dope.
Speaker 6: I look like it.
Speaker 2: I know he fooled me, and I really tell my hot call back home, like, man, you never guess who's up here another who who's the master p y'all you're hooping, but we might have to fight, And I'm like, damn, it's p Like damn I was.
Speaker 4: I was at a car.
Speaker 2: I was at a crosshold because I was such a big fan of your music. But at the same time he was really going at.
Speaker 5: And I come from playing with Jay all right and hang about it, you know, like it was nothing to just go after whoever, you know what. To be honest with you, it was all about having halt. Once you show you.
Speaker 4: Had the hall you could.
Speaker 6: He was good. He was good, you know, Like after that it.
Speaker 5: Was like, Okay, let him shoot the ball, let him do his thing, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, but when you walk in the gym, because you already to pull, you got so many stars in there.
Speaker 4: You got to try to find something.
Speaker 5: Man, you gotta make somebody know that, oh you belonged in him.
Speaker 3: Then back then ship you lose, you ain't get away.
Speaker 2: And there was three courts too, and you still would be a forty five hour down. You spoke to Grabbing Snoop and I've heard him speaking other interviews and just how instrumental you were as a almost a mentor, teaching them things, guiding them things you told. You know, he talked about how when you went out there, you bought him a house and put in his name, got a car put in his name, and just kind of taught him that side of it. Talk to us about that experience and also what Snoop brought to No Limit.
Speaker 5: I mean Snoop brought everything to No limit. I mean I was a fan of hen. But just by me having my money right, sometime you gotta watch and say who gonna be next?
Speaker 6: I knew Snoop wasn't done.
Speaker 5: And so by me having my money right, I said, man, if that man had the right people around him, that Snoop Dogg. I said, bro, come on, what you need, let's go. And he was saying, man, I don't have this honey. I said, man, come on, bro, we about to go get all that. And we went did it, and he just worked. So to this day, Snoop is my best student. No Limit is a university and now he is own boss, making millions and millions and soon it be billions of dollars. But it never been no jealousy. It never been all I want with the boss.
Speaker 4: Got him in a down time. Yeah you get let.
Speaker 6: Me tell you something man. Me and Snoop laugh about this all the time.
Speaker 5: I could own half of everything Snoop got right now, but I'm.
Speaker 6: Like, look, bro, that's you.
Speaker 4: Whatever you need to.
Speaker 6: Do when our contract up, go on, move on.
Speaker 5: And we like brothers, and so that's why I create all this product for him, because we got real love for each other. It's not about money. We don't do this for money, bro, We do what we love. You got to be passionate about something.
Speaker 4: We're gonna get to the money.
Speaker 6: We're gonna get you the money.
Speaker 5: You get out there and do your prorect Right now, I'll be everywhere people say, man, why you be promoting them?
Speaker 6: Cereal like that?
Speaker 4: What up?
Speaker 5: We own this anyway. I get an opportunity, I'm gonna promote my brand. And then while Snoop on the road, he oversees I'm still going crazy, Snoop Cereal P why you ain't put your name or know because Snoop the most famous rapper in the world, and we put this behind his brand and guess what, We're gonna celebrate him and do what we gotta do because guess what, he let me play my part. And it's like, in the same way we switching it up, doing what we gotta do. We ain't sitting around hating on each other. Were like, man, no, but we know nobody gonna be here forever. But we we realized that, Okay, why did I lay our imprint on you?
Speaker 2: We talked about this last night about kind of how you can use the sports analogy in life and businesses.
Speaker 4: Playing your role. Yeah, I mean sometimes you lead, sometimes you could beat the ball you put it.
Speaker 5: Matter as long as we get to the money, that's it. Think about it. It don't matter who up front or who And guess what, they've been doing this for years.
Speaker 4: That's what stops everything. It's people I want to be.
Speaker 5: That's what you just said, right, that's what you just said. Comparison is a sin. Look at the body. So a lot of people that's all they do is compare with everybody. They're comparing theirself with. Oh well I wish I had with you. You really don't want what I had because you really don't want to put the work in what I'm doing.
Speaker 6: Do you really want to do this?
Speaker 5: Think about because I watched people even now, these youngsters be like, oh well I'm posted this twice. I can't post them I'm posting every chance I can get.
Speaker 6: Think nobody it. We ain't on a con that w ain't killing nobody, ain't doing nothing wrong. This legit. I'm not gonna be proud of this.
Speaker 5: Like man, me and Snoop created a whole brand like this is not even about Cereal bro.
Speaker 6: We created a family brand Bro.
Speaker 4: This brand love that idea too.
Speaker 5: Brots food and think about it. Snoop is a founder. So I tell Snoop, I say, you know what, this is what we're.
Speaker 6: Gonna do with you.
Speaker 5: Like they got mister Posts, mister Kellogg's. Now you got mister Brothers, which is Snoop. Talk to them and guess what we could feed so many families not because think about when people look at Stoop, they think, oh, they think auld Weed. They think no Bro, Now your grandkids could go in the store with with this with they wanted miss Snoop and put our face. I said, no, Snoop wing doing that. We created that characters. That's what I'm saying. We got books, were educating our culture, educating our people, and we're growing and were transforming. We ain't don't look at us like we're the same. But don't hate if you're not gonna really put the work in. How you gonna be mad at us if you really don't want.
Speaker 4: To be us because you're lazy. No, people hate what they can't be. Yeah, they hate.
Speaker 3: They hate that you're doing it and it's not them. That's that's simple.
Speaker 6: Well but you know what, Yeah, I love the haters. I love them. They motivate me. They pushed me, like in basketball, like okay, well, p you can't do this all right? Watch what I be at?
Speaker 3: Speaking of white watch for you being not just music? You get you got into movies and acting?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What inspired that?
Speaker 5: I mean, I told you I was already acting in the project. So once I got into you know, mainstream, I'm like, why not I been doing I've been doing this this I got to when the police come, I got oh we we oh man, you know I played basketball, okay, so you go ahead on. Basketball saved me. I keep telling people all the time. Man, the police would let me go because they'd be like, man, I know, slim me the basketball player. And that's when I know I had to change my life because I'm not gonna be able to keep.
Speaker 6: Sliding through on that like oh you a hooper? They got the one police told me, Yeah, you know, we got a bunch of hoopers in prison. You know.
Speaker 5: The dude pulled me to the side, like I know what you're doing. You know you one of the tallest ones out here. You know they've got a bunch of y'all in prison. I started thinking like, okay, man, I got I got to find something.
Speaker 6: Like you said, I gotta change my life.
Speaker 2: But it's all in. Like like you said, it's got to be all in. You can't have one foot in that, and you got to be.
Speaker 5: When I did that, it worked. That's when God stopped changing my life. Because if you look at it right, everybody think that. So think about it, Steve. Everything that started happening wrong with you.
Speaker 6: You thought that you was.
Speaker 5: Doing something wrong, but it really was God was testing you for a bigger blessing.
Speaker 4: You're abusing his blessing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I was even helping the wrong people. Man, God told me, like for real, like I was, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't mean to cut you out, but I said this to this. I said this to that class last night. God will not bless you because you got the wrong people benefiting from your blessing. You don't want to benefit and that's what I was doing.
Speaker 5: God said, all right, Pee, I'm gonna slow you down like you go look at the story in the Bible. But Joe was like, Okay, I know you respect me and you lord to me. But guess what I got to slow you down because you not God. The people start coming to me, Steve. When I give somebody somef man, thank you Pete. They wasn't saying no, thank you God, you know foot Pete. They was saying thank you Pete. And so everything that I went for, I tell people life is like a seesaw. You go up and down, but it's what you do getting back up. And a lot of people don't understand that. They just think they're gonna be on top forever. And that's when I start the one thing that he did bless me with. When the music started going down, I had got into all these other different things. That's how I was able to survive. And I kept educating my start. I tell you all the time, pray for wisdom, don't pray for money. And so you know, when God took everything from Job, the devil was laughing like, oh, I told you, and I watch he curse you. But Job never did then God gave him tenfold with everything that he had. Until this day, people don't realize that if you do the right thing them blessing is gonna come. They keep saying, man, well why are you so success? They could throw everything at me, dog, they can lie on me, could say all this and like, okay, next thing, you know, I got another big deal. All the little small stuff they chasing, I'm not even chasing it. I could go sit in a room with anybody, any executive, and do business with them because I know that it's bigger than me. I'm not doing this because I'm not doing this to make a billion dollars. I'm doing this to change lives and help out people and educate our people, because that's.
Speaker 6: What we is. We underfunded.
Speaker 5: We always got to go to them and ask them for something, like who really got some real paper?
Speaker 4: But when you do shit with morals and principles, the money comes.
Speaker 6: Oh, the money comes.
Speaker 2: That's not the reason why you're doing it. But you're doing this for the right reasons. And when you do it for the right reason.
Speaker 6: I never did it for the money, though I told you. I love the journey. I love the process.
Speaker 5: The people who see me this when I get away from people. Oh yeah, people, let's do this. We're gonna make ten million dollars. I'm like, really, I know you ain't gonna make you you doing this for the wrong reason. Now you want me to invest my money in it is, and you're telling me how much you're gonna make, and then we don't make nothing.
Speaker 6: I'm the only one lose. Think about everybody I ever had a problem with, I'm the one who invested in them.
Speaker 5: They get a chance to go back home and whatever. Even when I put the movie out. If I put a movie out in the field, everybody then got paid already. Guess who didn't get paid me? But I didn't do it for the money.
Speaker 6: I gave people opportunities that never would have had opportunities, and they're still ungrateful. But that's why they don't have nothing, because if you look.
Speaker 5: At it, they say, well, why you keep being blessed Pete? Because my mentality was different than yours. So this is what I look at, Well, well it's not what you have. I look at well with what you give. You didn't see my vision the first time with no limit, so how you gonna see it in this grocery store out. I'm not me and Snoop the only one that looked like us in this. So y'all don't be like man. Let's add some diversity onto these grocery stores so we could feed our people. Because think about it, this is bigger than music, because every time one of these sales, they keep put another one in with music.
Speaker 6: When you're watching in Fame, your time is up, is over, It's over.
Speaker 5: Ain't nobody tripping on you no more? We watched that with Michael Jackson, Prince whatever. They start selling records after they died. This is gonna sell when we hear when we gon't. It don't even matter.
Speaker 4: But our don't it don't talk back.
Speaker 6: It don't talk back. And I ain't got to give this no money to go to the strip club, Jim, I ain't got the buildings.
Speaker 4: Out of jaim not your tips. Talk to them, chips.
Speaker 5: Man, you could talk to them though, get them man, got the munch of it. Man here, man, tell me what you think about that.
Speaker 6: Think about that.
Speaker 2: No limit films, some Colt classics. I got to hook up one or two hot boys about it.
Speaker 4: Uh was about it? To name a few things.
Speaker 2: What was that experience like that should just look fun officer friendly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but friend, that's my basketball coach. That was my real basketball coach. He coach out here now because we ain't know we was making movies back there's like then the director talking about, man, we're gonna need nothing thirty thousand, Like, man, huh, okay, you know we're young.
Speaker 6: We out there on the block, like okay, well, we'll be back in the week. Look, let me tell you something.
Speaker 5: The craziest thing nobody don't notice, but this is crazy, right. So b is light skinning, like you my boy, right, he a monster. I'm to telling you E done been through everything with me, right. The assistant a d on the set. He thinks By is the square because he likes getting it right. So dude telling hurry up and move over there. And I'm like like, look, bro, you know who I am.
Speaker 6: He like, man, look I told you.
Speaker 4: I said, he a New Orleans accent too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I said By, But I said, pee, I'm about to beat this man. I said, you can't do that right now. You could do that at the end of the movie. The dude said, okay, yeah, we will fight at the end of the movie. I'm like all right, Okay, we end up letting it go. But man, imagine we the helld.
Speaker 6: On to that, and we was trying, but it was just so many people.
Speaker 5: So think nobody, we see us. We got to go get a building, do all this stuff. And all I'm doing is put money out and ain't no money coming back in. And so that's why I was saying that we really got to be able to be thankful for investors that believe in your projects. And you're really not gonna find it, especially with what's going on. You're either gonna be rich or you're gonna be poor. That's that's what economy going at right now. And so if you don't understand that, you're gonna get caught up. It ain't gonna be no in between. Because you look at right now all the homeless people everywhere. Now these people used to have bread. I've seen some people now under the bridges that you're like, man.
Speaker 4: You used to.
Speaker 6: So that's that's that's where the world going at is.
Speaker 4: So yeah, opportunity.
Speaker 5: We could give our people those opportunities because we creating you know something, Biggert. So my whole thing is what I've been trying to teach our culture coming in the Hollywood. Imagine us being able to do this like that, Like, Okay, I could put you in this.
Speaker 6: We couldn't do that.
Speaker 4: No. Years wasn't even the thought.
Speaker 5: It wasn't even the thought like, oh, you you're paying for the movie.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, we're gonna put you in the movie.
Speaker 4: And if you sing what's a hell little pickup line? Yeah, and check this out, maybe you.
Speaker 3: Want to be in my for real Yeah, audition next Friday, eight o'clock my place.
Speaker 2: So basketball is what saved you. You took a pit stop and became a mogul in music and business, and then you fall back and chase your dream.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: You had contracts with two NBA teams in the late nineties, the Hornets and the Raptors.
Speaker 4: What was it like with Vince and t Mac in Toronto?
Speaker 6: Man? I just talked to t Mac the other night, right and.
Speaker 5: We just went at it, you know, like everybody think, Like my whole thing was Ben's not gonna dunk on me and t not gonna dunk on me. That was it other than I could get you that we're good, and that's what it was for me. It was like I'm not gonna let these dudes, I don't care. I told Vince, I'm like, look, bro, I'm gonna follow you or something.
Speaker 6: So I just chill one.
Speaker 5: Two times after that, they ain't even trying to dunk on me.
Speaker 6: So it was like it was like we.
Speaker 5: Had we had that, but I came out. I came out different, man, because you know, when I was in the league, right, the rookie is supposed to carry the bags. I told butch Man, I can't carry no bags. I'm a super rookie.
Speaker 4: You got, I'm a super rookie.
Speaker 6: I ain't carrying no bag.
Speaker 5: Like and I told him, I said, bro, you at this time like twenty something. Yeah, So I'm like, look, bro, I'm going to sleep. Anybody put in in shaving cream in my face, whatever it's gonna it's a rap.
Speaker 4: It's different here. Ain't no rookie hazing.
Speaker 6: No man, come on, bro, you for real?
Speaker 5: No, I wasn't going you know, Steve, come on, bro, Look, I'm just telling y'all right. I never had that even I was in I was in Charlotte with j Ownstrong them They'll tell you I ain't doing that. And the Mason God blessed it day and Mason was a.
Speaker 4: Bullet VD wasn't there.
Speaker 5: Oh no, But me and BD went added that summer for the rookie Transitional Camp. So I already knew him, Steve Franz, I knew what they was, you know what I'm saying. So I'm like, okay, Andre Miller because we're all going so we're all going against each other the whole time, something like, I already know what they're but right, I didn't stop after basketball. I didn't stop after music. You know, even selling a hundred millionrock ain't stopped. And I ain't stopped after making movies and TVs. I love if you're an entrepreneur and you love creating things. I say, say, think about this. Uh well, it's not about money. It's about ideas. Where the most ideas are?
Speaker 3: Where are the most ideas? When I smoke, Yeah, that's when I get my most mind.
Speaker 5: Okay, what the most treasures are.
Speaker 4: In my mind in the graveyard.
Speaker 5: A lot of people never got a chance to finish them, idea.
Speaker 6: Because they don't realize. They think they got all this time.
Speaker 5: And so the way I work, I'm like, man, we're going up against time.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, no on the clock.
Speaker 5: Think about it. No, man, I don't care who you is. You're going against time. So I'm like, okay with me invest my time wisely, this is what keeps me going. Those ideas your time and so ideas create wealth. But people want to be successful. They oh, I want to I want to make this money. But guess what the ideas is what's going to keep you going. If you're truly serious about what you believe.
Speaker 4: In, put the work in behind it.
Speaker 6: You're gonna put the work in.
Speaker 2: One you received the honorary doctorate, another accomplishment from Lincoln University. Talk to us about that and the importance of supporting hbc US.
Speaker 5: I mean, I love it. I grew up in that environment in my family. Like I said, I grew up with twelve other kids in the house and most of them went to HBCUs. And my thing is, I even sent my son to HBCU at first, but I realized that we got a lot of work to do. So it's not even about us. Like even people got mad at Dion Sanders when he left, But you don't have all the tools, really the resources, and you know, but we got to put that spotlight on there to actually change that. And so I think that's what this is about, with me being able to say I'm not going to give up on the kids in HBCUs, but we got to figure out how to.
Speaker 6: Get them them resources.
Speaker 5: And it's about people like Dion Sander's coming through that journey and being able to grow because he deserves what all the other coaches then got. He won the championship, he paid his dues. Now let him be able to go blossom and take other kids on that.
Speaker 4: Journey, shpt on them and disrespect them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I guess what our people first want to do it, you know, and we're going to change that.
Speaker 5: And that's what But you know what, I'm gonna be honest with you, like beyond you go to Mikeey intermission footstodent. So so we just got to just keep our trusting faith in him and we got to keep doing right and they'll get it because thinking about they fall in line because all they wanted some bread anyway, they're looking for a leader. Yeah, and guess what they would rather be followers. But then when somebody else leading, they can't accept it because it looked like us. And think about to see me on every coner, you see the same stores owned by them, no fight, no argument enough. We can't even stand on a ConA with three four of us without trying to kill each other.
Speaker 6: And so that's why I look at it.
Speaker 5: I'm like, man, we got to study what they're doing. We keep trying to change the past. We can't change the past. We could change the future, though. And if you don't work, they say, you know life, you keep the fake, but fake with our work is dead dead, you know what I'm saying. So at the same time, you got to get out here and do your part. And so you can't be mad at me because I'm doing my part. I found a lane on my own. Like think about it, I got another company to believe in me to get It's all about distribution.
Speaker 6: So if you look at whoever had.
Speaker 5: A distribution, that's how you went because anybody could create product.
Speaker 6: That was That's why I went.
Speaker 7: So hard to get this distribution deal with post Post is serious.
Speaker 2: That's big in our landscape. Has changed college sports. We had your son on What's Burning He's navigating these waters. Now he's a junior over at Notre Dame.
Speaker 4: What is that.
Speaker 2: Experience been like? He also committed to your alma mater, Houston. So talk to us about that process.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, I never seen nothing like that. When I played college, I got four hundred dollars a month. And now, I mean, my son is a junior in high school and he then had some incredible deals already with Reebok, simply true, and he got so many other ones on the table now. And I'm like, but I'm showing him how to save your money. Prepare, don't just go buy you know, all this crazy stuff is like, understand what investments is. Don't let people come play you out of you, because think about we can't create no more dumb athletes because that's what they look for.
Speaker 6: They look for the play on us.
Speaker 5: Whether you are at the lead, the entertainer, you got money, they figure out you're not smartest why not? But they didn't teach us banking and economics. And I'm able to do that with him at a younger agent. I feel like he's gonna change the game because he told me, I said something, what you want to be in basketballs? I want to be the best they ever do it. So that's why I get up in the morning, five o'clock in the morning, keep me going with them, and I show my saying you got to put the work in. I mean, were putting up fifteen hundred shots a day. And you know, he wake me up, because if I got to wake him up, I'm like, we ain't gonna love it. You're gonna love it. You got to show me you love this. And you say you want to be the best they ever do it. I didn't seen it before, so think about it. You know all this almost so you want to be jumping around and if you want to be the best they ever do it, then you're gonna have to work like that and you're gonna have to stay in the gym.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: Same thing I told her is like everybody's journey gonna be different. So now you gotta you in college. Now you gotta master this game. In college. You got to be able to master basketball when when everybody's sleep, you got to be.
Speaker 6: In that gym. I mean, dame a little he did it.
Speaker 5: He showed us thinking about he was like number one thousand, nine hundred.
Speaker 2: You know, if you're gonna you can play, they gonna find youatta where you at.
Speaker 5: And you know, thinking about it, like we you ain't we ain't cheating this game, you know, you come see it play.
Speaker 6: We don't.
Speaker 3: We don't cheat this hard. We put them work in Yeah dog too. You know I've seen him play. You see it like a couple of weeks ago. So yeah, I'm very impressed. Hip hop turns fifty this year. What does that mean to you?
Speaker 5: For me, it means no limit because we have no limit. People didn't think we was gonna be around. And look where we are, wank the tank. We're creating products and brands, were linking up me and Snoop, We creating partnerships, we creating business and brands. Nobody never thought we'd do that in hip hop. And we also being able to to to to do something that never been done, give back to our communities and our cultures and educate the next generation. Like they didn't look for hip hop to do that. And now we're selling products for them, were selling their products. If you look at all the products that Snoop sell, it's incredible. And that's how we started this. Was like, man, look you know what, if you're selling their product, let's sell our own.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean the big checks is good.
Speaker 5: I'll take the fifty one hundred million check, but it's cool, but let's go get the other checks that we create on and so that's the that's the game.
Speaker 2: We quick hitters coming down towards the end excluding your work, no limit.
Speaker 4: What's one album you could listen to with no skips? Tupat easy call? Easy call?
Speaker 3: If you got to offer the coasting job for us, see and build a team who will be your starting five?
Speaker 6: Current players only current players only?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 5: Right off the back, lebron you did kat uh John Moran mm hmmm, step current and uh I got to go to.
Speaker 6: Milwaukee, man, you get my big man hell of it? You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: By lebron K d and Johnnath Yeah, not too many losses right there. If you could be remember by one bar Lyric throughout your career, what would that be?
Speaker 4: Question about it? When you hear that? You know what time? And where'd that comes from? Though?
Speaker 6: Because that was that was my battle cry? Okay, like you know, can.
Speaker 4: We get it one time? Yeah? I ain't going nowhere for life.
Speaker 6: That's like that jumper. You know what I'm saying. I can't dump, but I still could take a couple of bros with the jump.
Speaker 5: I'll be in Chris Johnson's spot all the time, like everybody wanted.
Speaker 4: We've just seen your son there yesterday. I have the Twins the right for him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll be going at the Twins took ship.
Speaker 4: I love it. Who's your top five mcs of all time?
Speaker 6: Drunk m h tuop. I gotta be one, of course, Bigger, gotta be two of course, Little Wayne, that's my goal. Mm hmmm. I'm gonna go with Knives and jay Z hell a five?
Speaker 2: Hello a five? Who were your top five rapping rapping basketball players?
Speaker 6: I mean it gotta be shock of course.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, Like, I mean, you can't beat the big bab You're gonna be uh, I mean right now though, I would take d Lou I mean as one. I'm just saying basketball for for this generation, the wave flow. Uh, you gotta put Kobe in there. That's three yep, Cobe.
Speaker 4: Damn Lillard got some big features too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, not just what his wordplay.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, like, really, can you know, I'm trying to think who else?
Speaker 6: Who else did music that actually put music out? Yeah?
Speaker 4: You got to plan them out record, don't you. It ain't carent? Yeah, yeah, I do.
Speaker 6: Planning Okay, we put them in there. Who else Williams? Okay, will little Williams.
Speaker 4: Nice. Let's go and say his name just so he'll feel good. Will No, let's say hit bart Oatmeal, thank.
Speaker 3: You, thank just say yeah, thank you, Baron Davis, bart o'meill he raps as well.
Speaker 4: So we got to say his name.
Speaker 2: But you say you got the most unreleased music in the history all time.
Speaker 6: Because he's gonna get mad and come deal with y'all.
Speaker 4: They know he don't never let us make it.
Speaker 3: Bro, if you could see a guest on All the Smoke, who would it be? But before you answer, you have to help us get your answer on the show.
Speaker 6: Okay, the work there we go. Mm hm. You know a lot of people too, a lot of people.
Speaker 4: And just let me don't say snooker Snoop set on that.
Speaker 2: He don't want to leave in three hours eight blood session with Snoop.
Speaker 5: Man, you know what I would love to see on him beyond it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: We would love to have you on the show. Third ward Yeah, Texas.
Speaker 5: And then you know, like for me, I love what y'all doing. You know, good journalism and in sports. I'm about to start a sports show called The Truth.
Speaker 4: The Truth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I'm gonna do it like locally in Loisville. But I want to have y'all on.
Speaker 4: Your birthday. Don't forget about your birthday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because we just left Mighty Grop Man.
Speaker 4: It was crazy, it was crazy.
Speaker 6: It was crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, merch.
Speaker 3: Okay, we can't let you leave with our party gifts, so we have should I read the products again?
Speaker 4: Like I said yesterday, I think it was funny. Everybody laugh when I did it yesterday. We have some Manskap products for you. We have the weed wacker. Okay, can you tell them what the we wacker does?
Speaker 6: Nope?
Speaker 3: Okay, thanks all right, And we have some all the smoke gear, some gear. Where can you get that gear?
Speaker 4: Matt?
Speaker 2: All the smoke dots, all the smoke dot store. Man, p We appreciate you, Pete. Look up to you again. You continue to to to raise the bar. And like you said, for us to do it, we got to see it and believe it. And you're and we see you doing it now. We believe it, man, So we appreciate its fire. Continue to be great, man.
Speaker 6: We appreciate you, appreciate you, no doubt, sir you want all the smoke.
Speaker 4: All of it. You did it.
Speaker 2: That's a wrap, master p Smoke. You can catch us on Showtime Basketball YouTube. Were about to check these chips out and the iHeart platform black effects. We'll see y'all next week, Yeah sir,