Speaker 1: Brooklyn Boys Podcast.
Speaker 2: Reactions.
Speaker 1: This podcast all depends on you, baby.
Speaker 3: Three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's Brooklyn Boys Slice time for episode three thirty two and before what's going on? It's the companion episode.
Speaker 4: It's the episode about the episode David Brody, that's Gary Jones.
Speaker 1: I got to say it first this time. Oh yes, kid, did Brody? You did that? You did it?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: Episode three thirty two was I'd like to say, a heated combative.
Speaker 1: It was episode yeah, right, it was all hilarious. Actually, Brody and I looked at each other after that was over and we said to each other, now, that was hilarious.
Speaker 4: It was like, you know in a cartoon when explosion happens and then it's like black on your face and it's like smoke around the cartoon character.
Speaker 1: You know. That's how I felt.
Speaker 4: I felt like there was scorched earth and Bernie, I feel like somebody's feet that some of the talkbacks today may be animated.
Speaker 1: Of course they may be, but just at the end of the day, we're all friends. It may it may be per se, you.
Speaker 4: Know what, We are all friends and yes, yes, I just it was a great fun episode.
Speaker 1: Did you get a call from Astra afterwards.
Speaker 4: No, we texted each other had We had a great time. I thanked her for being on. She thanked me for.
Speaker 1: Letting her, you know, having her on, both of us having her on. Of course. No, it was great. It was great, but I think it was a polarizing episode. I'm here. I'm curious to hear how she came across because I was listening to it. I'm like, okay, all right, I'm just gonna be you'll here. I'm gonna be over here a list I enjoy over here in the corner. It was funny as fuck. Man, it was great. We had a good time. If you didn't listen to three thirty two, what are you doing listen to that? Why are you here? What are you doing? Yeah, you shouldn't be here.
Speaker 4: You're like, it's like, this is like you're auditing the collect this is this is CALC two oh two.
Speaker 1: Yeah's back into CALC tuoh one. Yeah, go go go next door and listen to the episode first. Please thank you? All right? Uh yeah. If people who listen to the art heart Radio app, you listened, you you talked back using that microphone. Everyone else, what are you doing? Listen to the heart radio app? So you can participate in this mess. And uh, of course my weekly reminder, I haven't remind you in a couple of weeks. Please make us your first preset on the presets on the Heart radio app. Please please please. The Brooklyn Boys Podcast number one, number one, not number two, number one. Here we go, that's nub numb a number number number.
Speaker 6: One, Episode three thirty one. The lady from the bank, Brody, you said, answer yourself. She was your age, So she was fifty or fifty five or fifty what that mean. I don't think she's not a skillful bank worker because she didn't know at that very moment what happened about the whole thing with the stock market.
Speaker 1: And all that it was a global event.
Speaker 6: Most likely that lady who works in the bank, she's not glued to her cell phone like mister Scarry over there does shipped on a free time like David Brody checking news.
Speaker 1: She's just going about her day.
Speaker 6: She's gonna find out about stock market from her work.
Speaker 7: Email, from the meeting and other things.
Speaker 6: And I'm pretty sure in times of crisis, people in those places they still have to look confident.
Speaker 1: And there's that she found out on the eleven o'clock news. That's probably where she gets her So let me let me address age. He continues on, hold on her age is irrelevant.
Speaker 4: And by the way, if you're so young that you think someone in their fifties is too old to be up on news, then you have a skewed view.
Speaker 1: Of people in the fifties.
Speaker 4: That that being said, she didn't say, oh my gosh, as soon as i'm because I was the only one in the bank.
Speaker 1: There was no mine. I was the only one. Hold on.
Speaker 4: If she had said, I'll check that out right now, as soon as we're done, she said, oh, I guess when I get home, I'll hear about it.
Speaker 1: There's there's no there's no curiosity.
Speaker 5: He's got.
Speaker 1: The reason is coming here we go.
Speaker 6: Yes, I think part of their job at the bank when something terrible happens is to you know, you have to be confident.
Speaker 7: You have to like be presentable.
Speaker 6: You don't just run around like chicken with no hand.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, that's dock market.
Speaker 1: Oh what we're gonna do?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 7: She just gave you an answer.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 7: And she's not saying fuck off.
Speaker 6: She's just saying, Hey, I know what I know, and I can only do what I can do.
Speaker 4: Accept In my first bank to guy who was well aware, okay, well aware what was going all right, all right, so we got right, all right.
Speaker 6: Come on, lady, still wouldn't know the stock market is crashing and whatever happens.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's a fucking problem. But the same day when something major happened. Listen, listen, she's your age.
Speaker 6: It's a far she got two three years left of the fucking shitty bank, and then she's retired hiring their film off man.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about fifties with seventies? He wants to talk about honor and hold on, hold.
Speaker 4: On, you are confusing people in their fifties or people in their seventies, Like she's gonna retire soon. She's fifty one in your estimation. Listen, I was at four point thirty.
Speaker 2: She had all day.
Speaker 4: Not one teller in the bank said anything. The bank manager didn't mention like, hey, guys, you know what's going on. No one in the bank was aware of having a conversation. But the first bank I was into one where my money is all the time. I went out like, hey you see what going on?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Did you say blah blah? Wait whole conversation. Fifty years old is retiring. I hope to retire fifty five A yeah.
Speaker 6: Dated Brody. Just be honest.
Speaker 7: You didn't like the movie.
Speaker 1: You didn't like the movie.
Speaker 7: You didn't like the actress actress.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, she's not an ex she's provocative permission.
Speaker 11: You had problem statoo, she smokes. Oh, you know, like it's not your cup of tea. You can be biased, and you deserve to be biased. As the father of three daughter.
Speaker 1: By the way, that was not It was a stretch for her. She had to learn how to speak Brooklyn because she's not from here. She's from the West Coast, right, Okay, I don't know. I don't know what he means by just be honest. I was honest.
Speaker 4: I didn't like the movie, and I didn't think she had an Oscar winning performance. Okay, go watch Eddie Redmain play play Stephen Hawking. That that's an that's that's a go watch Forrest Gump like, that's that's an award winning Oscar winning performance.
Speaker 1: There are people go watch. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: Go watch Robertson hero in the movie Awakenings, where he plays a mentally disabled person who comes out of a mental coma and his physical It's amazing. That's an oscar winning having Mikey medicine going I'm going to the club. To me, that was just acting like you from my neighborhood.
Speaker 1: So I wasn't impressed.
Speaker 3: Rody is scary or on canals? Sofload you hey, flow you, Oh, no scary. What I was saying about it coming out of pocket is that you keep saying that it was free ninety nine. And it wasn't free ninety nine to get your three tires and a wheel. It was whatever the tire the tire package costs. Yes, it might have been cheaper at the end of the day for the wheel entire package, but you.
Speaker 1: Still paid for it. It wasn't free ninety nine. Yep. Yeah, but I needed to have it, okay, the same way you need to have insurance. You're paying for insurance. He's critiquing what you said, what you understood, understood, But we all have insurance and we're throwing money into an ABYSS every month. Just letting you know.
Speaker 12: There's many from Brooklyn here. A couple of things about this whole the bank and not knowing all the pends. Was she just a teller or was she like a bank manager. If she was just a teller, it's like asking the Walmart cashier if how the Walmart stock stock is doing. They don't give a ship. She's it's just a job to her. She's not And if you're going to advice at a teller, no, you got bigger issues.
Speaker 1: He made it clear. That's one he made it clear.
Speaker 13: It was.
Speaker 1: It was a financial time too, for.
Speaker 7: The talkback of the left of talk back saying that.
Speaker 12: If you didn't know what was going on in the music industry, I mean, it's more of a better analogy would be if Froggy, who's in country radio, didn't know that Eminem and Doctor Dre were having a beef. I mean, is it possible that he would know because he's in the industry. Yeah, absolutely what I expect him to expect him to No, absolutely not. It's not a it's not his lane.
Speaker 1: Same way.
Speaker 12: The bank teller is not. It's not haulane to know what's in stocks. She could probably, she probably couldn't care less about the stocks. I mean, she's a bank teller. She counts money, gives you money, takes money.
Speaker 7: That's it.
Speaker 1: Teller. She's not investing for you. There's nothing to do with investments. Why would like a bank manager? Or all right, it's it's a financial advisor. Let's move on. He thought it was a bank test, Okay, I got it.
Speaker 7: Hookling Boys is teaway.
Speaker 14: Brody talking about the accent in Anora, which I didn't watch either. I don't care, but a good accent is you know whatever, but a bad accent would be distracting. So I am from Jamaica and the second season of Luke Cage, which I'm sure you watched, they had bad Jamaican accents. I don't even know if the season was bad or if I just hate it because the villain had such a horrible Jamaican accent. Brad Pitts was better.
Speaker 1: He's right. Luke Age second season horrifically.
Speaker 7: Bad, scaring Brodie is chaved.
Speaker 8: By the way.
Speaker 1: Then I ain't waste no time.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna just jump right into this one.
Speaker 1: You already know what it is.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna tell you from the door.
Speaker 15: Hey, Yo, fucked.
Speaker 1: The ringleader.
Speaker 8: That's volunteering, scriller for other people, treating and ship like that. I wish you would come out of your back pocket with some ship like that. Oh, no, your money's no good.
Speaker 1: We're gonna pay for it.
Speaker 8: Man, I'm sitting across from the table looking at you like you.
Speaker 15: Got a titty growing at your forehead.
Speaker 8: Fuck you don't volunteer my though, are you right?
Speaker 1: Exactly like I said, Man.
Speaker 16: That's some extra extra ship.
Speaker 1: I didn't we there.
Speaker 8: We're having a good time, everybody equaling the trenches. And then you're gonna be like, oh no, no, your your money's no good. Oh contract, your money is very very good.
Speaker 17: Just because it's the one out.
Speaker 1: He might've got that one.
Speaker 13: I'd of let it slide.
Speaker 8: But I'm still looking at you like you got the tit going out your forehead. I'm looking at you disturbingly mad and best believe this is this is Chay that's got like money and a good job now, like my job is bullshit magical. He was back in the day and this was like broke Chage, you know, ups south of the Oregon Avenue Chase, Twilight Shift Chase, and.
Speaker 5: He's talking about some Oh no, your.
Speaker 1: Money's no good, we're gonna pay for it.
Speaker 8: Well, now, Bumpy breaks, try again more Fred, that ship is out you every one down the list. She got the fretias. She got this, she got the the Sevechi. Whatever the fuck she paying for it? That's you know why he ain't make her pay. I know why he ain't make it. He fucked her in the ballpit, didn't he. He fucked her in the ballpat That's what happened. He fucked her. He fucked her in the ball pit with the Chucky Cheese mask on. And he he'sed nostalgic because he sucked in the ballpp with the Chuck Cheese mask on. And he was like, you know what I got you? I got you because we clap cheeks in the ball pit with the mask. Else could pay this my last one? I come and forced Yeah, man, the friends you keep it is ridiculous.
Speaker 18: The last thing you now?
Speaker 7: The great man what.
Speaker 1: Ice, water ice?
Speaker 13: He had it right, Maria had it right.
Speaker 8: You know why because I'm the one to turn on the what ice?
Speaker 19: That's right?
Speaker 8: Slices. The cat's out the motherfucking bag, my wife. I turned to the water ice South Street, Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: What I I.
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 1: Scared? Y say? I don't know what to say?
Speaker 7: My day scared?
Speaker 13: I got a bonus on the start.
Speaker 4: I just want to say, I just want to say that the d you're referring to may have had sex in the ballpit with many a lady. Ah, but not but not not with the woman in question, Not even then, straight laced, monogamous kind of uh, grown next door vibe.
Speaker 15: Not a chance, Scared Brodie, I got a bonus one. This is for episode three thirty one.
Speaker 1: Scary.
Speaker 15: You and I both know it's not sex workers. We know it's hoses.
Speaker 8: You saw good Fellas, you saw Karen the apartment building, Jannis Rossy, she's a ho hoa.
Speaker 9: That's it.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, stop that hous hos. What the deal is?
Speaker 20: Brodie and Scary Lisa the Swedish metal fan. I was a Beata teller a long time ago, and I don't really recall being expected to follow any financial news or follow the market and the economy and anything like that. We were expected to know the bank products, of course, as well as the rates of the CDs and savings, and again it could could just be that specific bank I worked at, but we weren't expected to know anything outside of my role.
Speaker 4: Also expected to know and what you might know are not the same thing. The fact that the bank didn't require the tellers in your bank to know things. But again I was talking to the financial advisor, not a teller, and the financial advisors should be up on the market and the economy because they have that effects bank rates and investments and things. So yeah, anyway, lots of tellers listening scary.
Speaker 20: So again, it could have just been that specific bank that didn't require that of their tellers. However, when clients did ask us specific questions about things that could affect their CD because of outside factors in the market, then I wouldn't. I would always direct them to the personal banker, and like Brodie stated that they should definitely know as far as any financial news that's going on because they they're certainly in the position to give.
Speaker 1: To give what Yeah, she's right to give advice.
Speaker 4: Hey, By the way, I have to go back and listen to the episode if I if I slipped and said the word teller and describing my time, but we did clear that up last episode.
Speaker 1: But these are on delay. These people haven't heard that yet. I understand that yet. So it's kind of like these are you know, these are coming in before we made the correction.
Speaker 20: So I also, I had an internship in college for a stock brokerage firm. And at that job, yes, I was absolutely expected to keep track of the market, especially the three well, the three big ones at least at that time, s MP, NASTAC, and New York Stock Exchange, as well as some of the bigger stocks such as Google, Amazon, and Apple. Again at that time, I don't follow that ship now, so I have no idea what are what are the big stocks even today? But yeah, in that job I was expected.
Speaker 21: Hey, Brooklyn boys Backer from Long Island, this is a talk back about slice time. Brody. When you said that there's no dolphins in free Will, Actually free really is a dolphin because orcas are considered dolphins. Yes, they're called killer Wells in America, but technically they are dolphins.
Speaker 1: She is correct. An orchid is a dolphin.
Speaker 22: Hey, what's going on? It's the old cowboy trucker here one more time. You know it's time to get serious.
Speaker 17: Here.
Speaker 22: I'm trying to help out a fellow slash that's having trouble to getting her talkbacks to go through. So I'm gonna show her a little video here and put it on the Hey, don't call anymore. Do a little video here and put it on the Facebook.
Speaker 5: Page.
Speaker 22: Maybe she's doing something wrong and she can't get through. That way she can tell all her friends that, you know, we do this last time.
Speaker 1: And she can get more people to go. Was that the end of that?
Speaker 23: Brooks is Keitlan and Mark from be sure, primarily Keiland because I leave the most talked backs out of Lost.
Speaker 1: But anyways, I don't know what the hell is going on. For at least three.
Speaker 23: Weeks, I have talkbacks consistently, no less than six, and none of them are playing on the talkback episodes I record them, MJ. I know mine work, so I know I'm not concerned about this thing, so I know what it gets. A little message that says, oh they've received.
Speaker 1: Your talk back blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 23: So I don't know what's going on. So I deleted the app on my phone. I'm leaving this talkback on Mark's phone. Yeah, I'm Mark.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 24: Can you help me out here?
Speaker 23: I have the updated version of the app, but I was talking about Sloman's scary day, or my customer or my last talkback, So help me out.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know what to tell you. I will say that the back end of this program is a mess. Iheart's still working through it, but sometimes things come out blank. Sometimes we have no audio. I mean I'm looking at sometimes gibberish. I don't know.
Speaker 7: Excuy and Brody, Rock and Steve from the box.
Speaker 1: He's back over there over there, and Brody's just the game, you know. I say, go fuck yourself and hit the jingle?
Speaker 7: Was not a sponsor episode three.
Speaker 25: Thirty one where you were bitching about Dave and Busters, they are a sponsor and your first in thin can say.
Speaker 7: Is hit the jingle.
Speaker 1: I value to hit your balls, little fucking hammer and oh my god, no need for the Steve over there, thank you? Right see by the way, rocking Steve's uh rocking Steve's talkback is always coming through. No problem there.
Speaker 4: He's been away for a couple of weeks. Yeah, I gotta tell you. Rock and Steve in my d M is very nice.
Speaker 1: He's the best. We talk about Marvel. He's great.
Speaker 26: Yeah, Brody is right, Brodys.
Speaker 1: Reggie has one ball longer than me over thank you, Reggie.
Speaker 27: Brooklyn Boys is Elijah from Findlay, Ohio. So earlier this week, uh scary, I mentioned well Elvis was talking about what generation you are, Scary mentioned that he's very like minded with his generation. He grew up with a lot of the same things, did a lot of the same things, and I was scurious, you know, maybe what type.
Speaker 1: Of music he listened to during that generation.
Speaker 27: Well, I was looking and looking and looking, and I just could not find Nicki Minaj.
Speaker 5: Could you help?
Speaker 17: That makes sense, yeah, because it was later on in life, but it was still part of Hey, you can't gen x up with a gen xer can't like Nicki Minaj.
Speaker 1: Come on now, you said you grew up with Nicki Minaj.
Speaker 28: And from Philly here.
Speaker 23: Uh.
Speaker 28: This isn't in reference to any episode in particular except the one that I'm trying to listen to right now. iHeart doesn't make it easy to report problems, but the app just keeps crashing.
Speaker 7: I'll say, I have it on car play.
Speaker 28: I'm doing door dash right now. So it's really annoying because it crashes like every two minutes. Scary, try to get your buddies to Uh, I don't know.
Speaker 7: Fix this.
Speaker 1: We feel your pain.
Speaker 16: Hey, Danny for.
Speaker 29: Jersey City, all I must say is less astro astro astro astray more, Bruce, because that's fucking ridiculous.
Speaker 7: Brody, I am behind.
Speaker 30: You one that you want to pay, I'll say if I'm fucking.
Speaker 7: You, I'm not paying for you. That's fucking ridiculous.
Speaker 29: And for them to say, oh, you're not invited, good, Yeah, I wouldn't want to go out with these people.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 31: Hey, it's stay for New Jersey. I have to say I agree with Brody on three point thirty two about covering uh, covering dinner. I don't think it's about men or women, or whether it's ten dollars or one hundred dollars. I just think it's weird for a guy at a table full of people to make the decision for everybody else to cover it. All he had to say was put your money away, I've got it, and let everyone else decide for himself.
Speaker 16: Know, we'll cover it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if he wanted to drop down two hundred and call the god bless, God bless, oh bless.
Speaker 1: This is a nice time, a nice place to take a break. What do you think, Brody? All right, we'll be right back Geary and Brody.
Speaker 4: All right, but a lot of these today, Brody, a lot several pages of these. If we love an episode, Chances on people gonna have thoughts on it, exactly just as.
Speaker 1: We thought we knew we were gonna get a lot of feedback on this one. Yep, all right, let's continue. Let's see where were we on this right over here?
Speaker 32: Hey, guys, Laura from Connecticut. I didn't speak about it, but I really feel like the woman should have paid. There's no reason whatsoever she should have paid. Just because she's a female doesn't mean she shouldn't have paid. The guy who decided that she wasn't gonna pay is the one who should have paid for her. We wanted equality for all these years. Want to get paid the same or even more than a male. There's no reason. Unless I'm with my boyfriend husband, that's a different story.
Speaker 7: Then you know he's gonna pay.
Speaker 24: Maybe I'll pay, whatever.
Speaker 5: The situation may be.
Speaker 32: But I don't feel like just because you're a female, then a male should pay for you. Especially with a group of guys that you're all just hanging out.
Speaker 30: It's different.
Speaker 32: Like you say, if you're married or Beyonce girlfriend, boyfriend, whatever it is, I'm with you, Brody, the guy should have paid. He's the one who decides to volunteer. I don't care what they yell at you.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, Thank you, appreciate the support.
Speaker 33: Brodie's scary. Brian from a key Mouse Florida scary. So if I go out with my eight female friends like I have before, should they be paying for me? Because that didn't happen and we also built, you know how, we needed to accordingly our own separate meals. So I mean they looked at each other and gave each other nods, but I still had to pay, so.
Speaker 1: Well, that sucks. They probably should have paid for you. Your one guy, he's paying. He's paying? Was the nod? Is he paying or paying? Or does he have to pay for all eight people? See what's scary?
Speaker 4: The nod is we'll cover the woman they gave you that he's paying for his food, right, yeah nod, Yep, he's paying.
Speaker 1: That's the reverse nod. They not a two way street, right and making most Florida.
Speaker 33: I understand chivalry and everything, but there's definitely other ways to show it. Like Brody was saying, I just can't wrap my head around that, Like you guys are saying from Brooklyn, I'm from upstate New York. But I mean we don't do anything like that up here, so it must be a Brooklyn thing.
Speaker 4: Well, in fairness, you also knocked cows overwhill they're sleeping, so everyone.
Speaker 33: Had when I've lived in Florida here or when I also lived in Texas. That never happened there either, So I'm not quite sure I understand the whole concept, but especially if I don't know her, Just like if it was a dude, I wouldn't want to pay for him either.
Speaker 1: Exactly tweeches. I do know her, I know her, I know her forever, but not Gratin's.
Speaker 16: Brooklyn Boys fagonally here directly from the Sunshine Harvey Park here in Duble, Ireland. But if your player cards right, you can get lucky right after our weekly pot luck dinner and clogging contest every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Speaker 1: And you don't even have.
Speaker 16: To pick up the tab for the ladies. They prefer to pay their own way. Oh no, but stay away from miss McCarthy. She's a mean one, that one just like Astra.
Speaker 1: Oh I think he's got more He's just like Austra.
Speaker 16: But I would like to if I may submit another entry into the Brooklyn Boys First Annual slices limerick contest if I may, and that always, do not be too critical of me, as this is only my second time doing a limerick and an Irish accent. Okay, so here we go, and it goes a little something like this. There was a cheap paster from Brooklyn who's knocking a theater to watch Crooklin. Eleven dollars here, a dollar six there from the clearance track some mark down underwear. You may call him odd, or you may say he's funny, but as he himself swears, he's just.
Speaker 1: Great with money. Thank you. Now, they're just wonderful by the way. I think that he turned some extra lines. Limericks have thick the amount of lines, don't they. You're thinking of a high code. No, just the same amount of syllables. That is, that is the rhyme scheme right there. But he he threw in like five extra lines. That's okay. I think he did a double limerick. A limerick is five lines, right, so they have it. I think he did. I think he did a double. He did. Yeah, it's okay. Maybe he was seeing double. Maybe he had in dublin. Oh wait here comes he was doubling the length of the Limerick Ski.
Speaker 2: Your car, your cars ca.
Speaker 16: Rum wist. Man of the flat bed seven days, mug and dry down the highway as wind blows through your head.
Speaker 1: And when you hit.
Speaker 16: Another pot hole in the road, r restau sure.
Speaker 13: That you won't pay it.
Speaker 5: For it.
Speaker 2: Just make that call and they will be their fly and that flat bed.
Speaker 5: Will be there in note Ti.
Speaker 16: Scuoting my boogie friend with your twenty five dollars peanut butter and your lion's made mushroom. The man that gave Tyrone twenty dollars although he only needed eleven, only because he was wearing a suit. The man that pays women's restaurants chicks, but leaves his woman behind at the TSA check line and makes poor little Gandhi carry his luggage off of the plane. Poor little Gandhi, she's so small she can't handle it.
Speaker 5: So much for.
Speaker 16: Chivalry, scary. What are we going to do with you, my bougie friend. But you know what, you're our bougie bastard and we love you, so keep being you. It makes for good content. Just makes that show and they will be there, fly ying that flat fu will be there in no time. Just make that call. Okay, they will be there.
Speaker 9: Flying switch back and playing fan pick.
Speaker 1: Thank you will be there in no time. That was a three and a half minute song. There's good, dumb, there's excellent, excellent, My god. He puts a lot of energy and effort.
Speaker 34: That is.
Speaker 1: That's what I love to hear, I really do. I love the creativity. I mean he had to write lyrics to that, he had to put music to it, and he recorded it, and he sent it all it two forty five in the morning. God, bless you, chucker, thank you, thank you. Hey.
Speaker 35: So regardless of the fact that apparently serious, I know how to fix the block fire, I.
Speaker 1: Can't understand you. Sorry, buddy, it's going here, same one.
Speaker 35: Sorry Lewis again, just don't want to quote on one more thing. The fact that's serious today that he has to get under his car. What is it going to under your car?
Speaker 36: Has to do with fixing my flass fire? I fixed flats fires two thousand eighteen. When I first got my car, I fixed a class car. Not once I got to get underneath the car. That is completely something different.
Speaker 1: Do you understand what he's saying something getting under the car. He said, you must have made a comment like I'm not getting under my car to change my tire. Well you have to. You don't get under your car up, so you have to You don't get under the you don't get you gotta gotta put you gotta get You don't you rolling the thing under or you put the jack underneath that? How do you know even how do you know you're in the right part of the car that you're to reach your hand or you look, yeah, well you got it. You don't get under the call somewhere somehow get it on. Well no, you don't. No a little bit now, but I see what your age? Okay, your age you should know.
Speaker 24: Hey, President Boyce, this is Maria Famunion City. I'm here listening now to episode three thirty two when Astro was talking about it's only ten dollars or it's only eleven dollars. As someone that was recently unemployed for almost two years, eleven dollars is a big deal to me, Like, don't don't tell me that eleven dollars is not important to me. It's not important to you. Cool, good for you, no disrespect, but it's important to me.
Speaker 1: Jennifer, Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 26: This is Jennifer checking.
Speaker 37: In from Ohio on the topic of women paying for dinner when they're out.
Speaker 26: With a group of men. I actually am on Brody's side with this one.
Speaker 37: We've been working so hard to have equal rights and equal pay and equal job opportunities, so we should pay equal parts of the bill. Maybe an unpopular female opinion, but I agree with brutal.
Speaker 1: It seems to be pretty popular so far.
Speaker 24: Manion City again.
Speaker 1: Maria got sandwich between these two. Oh right, I see what happened that other woman. She just snuck that in there, as Maria was probably in the middle of her thought. Either way, all right, we're playing them in the order we received them.
Speaker 24: Hey, broken boys, is Maria Fromunion City again? Also, I just wanted to say, I don't think Brody had a problem with the fact that it was eleven dollars. Brody had a problem with the fact that this guy did not check with all the other nine people on the table, right, because it's eleven totals. She's pain so the other nine. He didn't check to make sure that everyone's okay with this, because guess what, maybe you're not.
Speaker 1: Maybe you are check mm yeah, and he got the credit.
Speaker 24: Hey, Brooklyn Boys Murray from Union City Again. I'm sorry. I'm not trying to be annoying, but I just keep leaving. I keep having an opinion every couple of minutes.
Speaker 36: Listen.
Speaker 24: The reason why the way Scary goes about it is different and more acceptable is because he checks in with the other guy at the table. He even said earlier, Oh, we look at each other. We all give each other the nuts. The nod is making everyone at the table aware. Homeboy with Brody did not make people away.
Speaker 1: You know what, that is a great point. That is a great We do look at each other, do we we all agree? First, we don't. One person at the table does not make the decision for everybody and get the credit and get the credit, right right? Yeah, party, that guy's scumback.
Speaker 34: No, he's not.
Speaker 1: No, he's not. He's a good friend. I'm kidding. I'm kidding.
Speaker 4: He's probably the thing right now. No, what's not whether he's listening or not. It's just the fact that, uh, he didn't do anything malicious. He just didn't give the nod. He didn't ask for the not he didn't. Okay, he should have given the nod. Yeah, and what would Brody's What would Brody's response have been. He would have shook his head. No, I would have given him the huh what are we talking about?
Speaker 1: Shake it off? Shake him off?
Speaker 38: Brody and Scary, never Scary and Brody.
Speaker 1: This is well from CT.
Speaker 38: Well, first off, what kind of outland this ship is? Caviard chicken nuggets?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 5: What? Like?
Speaker 38: Oh can I can I get the rich dad poor dad meal?
Speaker 1: That's exactly what they're doing.
Speaker 38: The fucker's gonna run past that. We're not even addressing it. But anyways, Brody, I got you back that woman thank him. First Off, she's annoying as hell. Secondly, she knows what she's doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why why do you think we put we put her on? And and uh yeah, unfortunately New York City, that's what that's what they're doing now. They do this kind of like kitchy. Oh you didn't expect that kind of combinations and stuff. I mean, the bucket on the table looked like was like almost like a KFC looking bucket, you know, but you're in a fancy restaurant.
Speaker 4: But that's yeah, scary Also had ronzino on an English muffin, right, you know something.
Speaker 1: Don't give them ideas they may actually offer that at some point, but that's the kind of thing this place does. They want that kind of Listen, when you have a vagina and you're not paying for it, bring it over right. But okay, he continues, didn't mean to interrupt you. There will from CT.
Speaker 38: She knows what she's doing, even though she's successful. A free mail is a free mail. She knows what she's doing. She knows what she goes out with the guys she's gonna I don't care what she says she's gonna do with a fake while at REACH, she knows exactly that if she goes out with you guys, there's a good chance that her meal is gonna be free.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 38: I don't give a shit what she says. Brody, I got your back, Thank you, Scary. I got a question I want to ask you, right, So, Scary, if you were not as successful as you are, and you were living paycheck to paycheck like your many slices, yep, and you budgeted all week just to have enough money to go out with your friends that one night, and then one of the guys besides, hey, let's pay for a woman. Knowing that you budgeted just for your meal. You wouldn't be pissed about that, and you would just go ahead along with it, be honest. Yeah, no, I probably you got money.
Speaker 1: I would probably be pissed. But yeah, you're right, because I'm in the situation that I'm in, I'm afforded the choice too, you know, to have these guys at the table. First of all, I was in a situation with people that had even had a lot more money than me, okay, including the woman. Yeah, I mean the situation that I was in. Absolutely, I was probably the poorest person the table. But because I'm afforded that opportunity and that I'm happened to be you know, very you know, generous, lucky, lucky that way. Yeah I am. I am a little bit more generous in that regard, and I do get to make that decision in my situation. Do I think that that's the right decision for all people in all situations?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Hello, Yeah, well I'm in the exact opposite position. So are you, though, are you in the exact opposite position? Okay, then you know what, I'm not counting your money? Then then I take everything. I take it. I said, what money, you don't have money?
Speaker 23: I take it.
Speaker 1: All back. But yeah, but you're right. I'm not I'm not trying to bullshit you, but yeah, I mean that's what people do. What do you think happens when we're if we're out to lunch or dinner with Elvis, My god, he goes right for it and he takes the whole thing, and we try and pay him, and sometimes we try and you know, give him money back. But he's super generous, the most generous. He's one of the most generous guys I know.
Speaker 4: But imagine you went out to imagine you what, you went out the whole morning show, like let's say six or eight of you eight and uh, he gives you the nod that you're.
Speaker 1: Paying for Gandhi and Danielle who both make more than you, and that and that. In that situation, I would suck it up and I would. I would participate. I would chip in for the time on the show more than you and don't need your help. I would. I would because I can. That's it, end of story. But they can too. But that's but that's not to say that if you came to but you, if you were there, would you get would me? I would feel bad? No, I would feel bad if they made you do that, if they made you pay. Let me ask you a question.
Speaker 4: Let's say, let's say I'm out to lunch with you guys with the Morning showy and and Elvis says to you, scary, listen, should we treat the women or Brodie?
Speaker 1: What would you say? How about all three? That wasn't an option?
Speaker 22: Man?
Speaker 4: Oh come on, man, you're putting the bed spot. Not only is it twice as much money for the women then paying just for me? Is it the two women or me who doesn't have a job at the moment? Oh, yo, boy, I would.
Speaker 1: I would probably, then say you, I probably would. You're lying, you know, no, I would? All right, all right, we move on.
Speaker 39: Brody's scary It says I was born with a vagina. I'm a female. I could also pay for my own food. I'm on Brody's side on this one.
Speaker 30: Scary.
Speaker 39: I totally understand what you're trying to do. I think it's really nice of you guys to do that. I don't think it's necessary, but I think in this day and age, women could pay for themselves too, right, how many females out there have been spending all these years fighting for women's rights, and then if they want to pay for their own meal, they can definitely do that, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, once they do that, there's nothing wrong with they want to get the free meal at all. If the guy insisted on paying, I'd let them.
Speaker 39: But at the end of the day, I would still reach into my purse, take out the cash to cover my meal, and then put it at a as a tip for the wait staff.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what I would do.
Speaker 39: I could never leave that table knowing that everybody insisted on paying for me just because I have a vagina. No I could pay for my own food. I appreciate you, though, Scary. Chivalry is not dead when people go out with you. That's why you have so many friends. You're so boogie because you're paying for everybody with a vagina's meal.
Speaker 1: Love you go Scary vagina meals everywhere.
Speaker 4: By the way, I could see Reggie leaving a talk back that she would take the meal because of her vagina. Accepting money for that I think is fine with her.
Speaker 2: The Brooklyn Boys podcast, we will be right back.
Speaker 1: WI us the V word a lot.
Speaker 4: By the way, Scary labeled last week's episode playing the vadge card. Yeah, and he was worried that people I'll bring this up on the next episode of Brooklyn Boys. He was worried that people would think it said vague.
Speaker 1: Some people might not read that as I mean. I mean, you know what, though I give our listeners credit the slices, No vag is vatge I think they think that when we had the conversation about what the name of the episode. Yeah, but I don't know. If people see it, they're like, what's vague? But slices, did you did you think it said vag?
Speaker 34: Game?
Speaker 24: Hey boys, Maria from Union City again, h scary. This one's for you, you know. I don't know if I commented on your whole tire package thing. I wasn't against it, but the fact that you're paying for white glove service per se, you should be treated exactly the same at all dealerships, in all service repair shops. You shouldn't have to go out to Middle Earth to get treated.
Speaker 1: The issue that the issue I have is the fact that the one closest to me in the city is in Midtown Manhattan and is one of the busiest BMW dealerships around and the closer to your house than Westchester.
Speaker 4: No, No, I'm right well it's it's for whatever reason. I prefer so that if they sent it across the border, they went through customs. Is it there's a Westchester tariff. That's how far away it is.
Speaker 1: Exactly, Brooker boors, this is JJ from the deep South.
Speaker 19: I wanted to comment that I am going to the chiropractor now because I'm rolling in the floor laughing over this discussion over chivalry. I'm sorry that Brody doesn't understand chivalry. Hey, I don't know if it's the way people are brought up or if it's ingrained in you. But the old saying comes to mind that for some people, no explanation is possible. For others, new explanation is necessary.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's deep.
Speaker 4: I was raised to respect women and be chivalrous. Again, unlike scary. When a woman enters the room, I get up. When I leave a table at the restaurant, I stand up. I push their chairs in. I open car doors, open restaurant doors for them, I open everywhere I go. I'm chivalrous to women.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do that.
Speaker 4: I pay for that dinner. When they're not my dates, they're just another carworker.
Speaker 19: Part two another random comment. I want people to know that Yes, I agree that Scary is as bougie he is. He's very bouhy, we've established. Secondly, I agree with Scary's choice to spend his money that he earned on anything that he wants the way he sees fit, without judgment or condemnation from other people. I stand with you, Scary, right.
Speaker 13: You appreciate you all right, leaning from Ohio, y'all talking about paying for women's feed. Listen, I'm on Brodie's side, Nan Castro, Listen. You're coming off cocky and you think men are going to kiss up to your ass. It's not going to happen now with me. In fact, you could be kicked out of the circle. So yeah, we're not playing that game grown ass men. And seeing you that you're working and all that grown ass men bring. We bring shit to the table, but you don't.
Speaker 1: And you kiss.
Speaker 13: We have to have kiss asks for you for you and you make money. Uh no, No, here's the deal. You pitch in or you don't be in the circle. And another thing is don't be cocky because that's how you kicked out real quick. I don't play that shit. And another thing, just like the Boy's Circle table, you all pitching together we split it all together. I get it, Brodie, I get it. But period the audacity of women, the audacity to say, oh are too good for this, and then trash talk you and you boys, and to treat you like shit, like you little boys.
Speaker 1: It's disrespect.
Speaker 13: I don't care for.
Speaker 1: That, all right. We appreciate your food back, Thank you so much. He's to the point that he is I agree with him on a lot of that.
Speaker 40: Queens again, Prodie is reading some funny scampony emails that he got. I have two good ones for you that happened to me recently. I get text messages from time to time that say I owe tolls for like bridges or tunnels or some shit.
Speaker 26: Yeah, there's a problem with that.
Speaker 34: I don't drive.
Speaker 40: I've never had a driver's license and I've never given a car in my life, So how do I owe anything on tolls or bridges.
Speaker 26: The other good one happened about an hour ago. I was on TikTok and this guy messages me. I don't know him, and he says.
Speaker 40: Thank you for all the love and support you've showed on my page and on my posts, and thank you for supporting my career.
Speaker 26: Here's the thing as a private account. Now'll follow him. How am I showing love and support on his page in his posts? If I can't see any of the posts on his page.
Speaker 1: Yeah, clearly it's a it's a bot. It's just throwing out dms hoping they looking at Magucci. It's about that time. Very nice beastie boys reference.
Speaker 25: Brooklyn Booys Paul from Jersey. I know Scarry's two thirty in the morning. I know, shrit the fuck up.
Speaker 31: Listen, this whole thing.
Speaker 25: About the female not paying with a group of guys makes no sense, Absolutely no fucking sense.
Speaker 7: Just because you're a woman, I'm not a gentleman. If I don't pay for you, I'm sorry.
Speaker 41: Don't we all make money and don't we all work?
Speaker 1: It's it's some of us.
Speaker 7: Fall from Jersey again.
Speaker 25: I'm listening to Ashra talk about how it's a gentleman thing to do and the chivalrous to pay for a woman.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it's not. Because here's the thing. If gonna go back to those.
Speaker 7: Fucking times in in in history, uh, it's.
Speaker 17: A fucking time.
Speaker 2: So how about we all fucking chip in and.
Speaker 25: If everybody agrees, everybody agrees, then we all pay for her.
Speaker 7: If not, she's fucking paid for it. Paul again, still listen to Astra and I'm sorry, this makes no sense, no sense whatsoever. Let's all agree to pay for her.
Speaker 25: We all pay great special occasion all in fucking just a regular dinner with with me, a bunch of buddies and her.
Speaker 7: No not paying for you, sorry, and not a gentleman thing to do. That's just fucking weird rule that somebody has.
Speaker 1: Sorry, tell us how you really feel.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I like her my first talk back because you welcome. I am so like fired up right now, bring it at least two threes. But yeah, prod, you're right, thank you. Here you're insane. So is this girl on the phone. I'm sure she's respectful and night so I'm not gonna say anything crazy. But at the same time, like, come on, what the heck is going on here? This is the world we live in right now? Where this is the world we live in where a girl right, oh, I can hold it up with myself right, So they get all mad and it's like okay, well sure, and then you also have to go with I know, I'm all over the place. And then also though with dinner, it's like, dude, if someone brings their girlfriend or their wife and offers to pay, or brings a cowork and they offer to pay, they should split it six ways, six ways. As like, if there's four and or there's six people, I'm sorry, six people, four guys and uh, someone has a couple, then you spit it six ways or six people split us six ways, and then the person that's with the lady or a guy, gay guy, whatever, they pay double Huh. Yeah, it's right over the place first time, leaving a callback or whatever. But when it comes down to it, yeah, that's insane. You should never expect someone to pay for you. First of all, god, girl, anything, and if you're a couple, you pay for your the other couple. You know, your couple. You pay for your girlfriend or boyfriend or whatever. You don't fucking make someone else pay. Garry is wrong.
Speaker 34: Phone.
Speaker 7: I heard her name, now she's wrong. Uh, this is ridiculous. Come on, they never been so mad about the top of before.
Speaker 42: I never called in or fucking or freaking rode in or talked talk back to any podcasts or anything, but come.
Speaker 1: On, five talkbacks six.
Speaker 7: Brody is right.
Speaker 1: You got that, you got the hang of it real quick.
Speaker 7: Who's wrong?
Speaker 43: Who is usually wrong? And he feels like he needs to pay for a woman. He's a massage man, and I love you, Scary. I'm just joking. Yeah, think about it though. I mean, you're obviously not.
Speaker 7: I'm joking. I love you, buddy, but yeah, I mean, come on, now, everybody pays their own way, don't don't get crazy.
Speaker 1: Brodie meat baseball bat than baseball bat meat horse. Oh wait, he's primate. D Okay, Oh that was the end of him. Okay, wow, that was great. Welcome board, Welcome new talkback.
Speaker 5: I'm seven in a row, crimate d frog. You're scary, you were wrong, and you should be a frog like me. You deserve only.
Speaker 1: I think I think that was the same guy, not not different guy. Nope, Nope, that was Yeah, that was him that you know who that was? Nope, it was the same guy. Just double checked. No, it wasn't it was it wasn't that was you know who?
Speaker 9: That was?
Speaker 1: Dude. That come on, that's our number one caller.
Speaker 18: Oh hello, I just want to say, yeah, Scary, that's the same Sorry oge, I asked, Oh my goodness, anyway, you're wrong.
Speaker 44: Okay, you're rob Eve and I. I treat women great, but you know what, I also know what they take advantage of.
Speaker 7: Okay, so.
Speaker 1: I gotta go take away the tailor. Okay, mob, but hella.
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 1: By the way, all these are left a minute apart. It's definitely the same guy. He left the first seven in his real voice and now he's on voice number two.
Speaker 44: Nope, Well this is weirdo about But I talked to her. I told her what was going on with you know, the weather pat and they said Dad that she said, I ever pays for me, but you know, if he does, it's my husband. You know, her husband is a jered love your dad.
Speaker 1: Anyway, You're wrong, Scary? Should should we let him go? Should we keep going? Let's go?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 34: I was calling because I'm a lady and Scary is wrong. Brodie, You're right. I just don't care like how people that's scary could think. And the lady on the show, I'm sure she's amazing. I'm nothing bad to say about her or you guys, But at the same time, come on, you can't think it's okay, Scary, this is not right.
Speaker 1: Well he's got three what other personas canna come up with? Scary.
Speaker 9: Oh, I, uh, you know, would like you to take me out on a date. I am a woman, so you know, if you're can pay for me, you know where your friends can split it to, that'd be great.
Speaker 13: I won't even.
Speaker 7: Assume, but I mean.
Speaker 13: I will love it.
Speaker 1: So please.
Speaker 13: Helene, pay, do't you? They shurt a nerve with me to it hit a nerve?
Speaker 34: Askay, don't ever offer of someone else's money. That's not cool.
Speaker 42: Man.
Speaker 5: If you want to pay for a girl or another man, or your spouse.
Speaker 34: Or whoever, then pay, but don't put it on the whole group, no matter why.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 18: It's just a frown.
Speaker 43: That's not cool.
Speaker 1: Yikes, God, so many people agree with me.
Speaker 18: Uhalass here?
Speaker 7: Uh yeah, no guy ever takes me out of me.
Speaker 34: I you.
Speaker 1: For me for nothinks, So I'm a dirty miss.
Speaker 14: V collapses sits there.
Speaker 44: I have a little nerve.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, why didn't know it?
Speaker 16: Pay for me?
Speaker 1: All right? I think he's still valid? Points? All right, everything, all right, let's take a quick break because we need to erase the blackboard. Folks podcast.
Speaker 4: I feel like we shook his reference for you. I think I feel like we shook the etches sketch.
Speaker 1: Oh, we definitely did all right.
Speaker 30: Yeah, hey guys, it's m jsm n J. I'm listening to three Dirty, but I didn't finish it yet. Oh my god. Because the reason why I'm leaving it is because the same thing happened to me last night, the port with the call with the double pork and you enough room. I went to see my friend last night and I was double paul because she there was no parking, and We're having a conversation in the car and some fucking guy was behind me with the fucking bright shit, and I'm like, god, damn it, just all right, so Paul cho Yeah, so the guy's over there flashing his fucking life. So I ain't fucking moving. I ain't fucking moving. And he had a little well, he had an SUV, but there was enough room.
Speaker 26: I can't drive. I suck at driving, but he had enough room.
Speaker 30: But what I did was I did what you did, and I went around the block. You know, I went and then I went around and you know I can't. I there's no fucking parking. What the fuck are you gonna do?
Speaker 26: Fuck them all all right, guys, love you.
Speaker 1: Bye, thank you, and bye. I'm Jay. Why else she gets up to episode three thirty two, She's gonna have a lot to say. I can't wait.
Speaker 41: Then from Brooklyn, I love you, but you're shocked. You're talking about mister dollars six here, Remember the dollars six. He's not going to take out of eleven and whack it up with the rest of the guys. That's what he said, by the way, whack up the difference.
Speaker 45: So they go home and whack it up thinking about thinking the lady's gonna fuck them for paying for their meal.
Speaker 17: You know.
Speaker 45: Also back to scary one and to punish Robin. Who else thought of Browser's points star punishment? I know your boy won Dolla does that.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know what that is. I have no clue.
Speaker 22: Great awesome subjects. By the way, today I want to touch on the old women don't pay at the restaurant subject there. You know, I'm with Brody on this one hundred percent, one hundred and twenty percent. As a matter of fact, you know, if hut pants hit over there is gonna make points to Tracy, he should do it on his own dime. There's no need for him to volunteer Brody's money. Okay, And Scooty, you say that you and your friends do this on a regular basis, that it's.
Speaker 2: Normal, it's chivalry, my ass.
Speaker 22: That's nothing but brown holsing on your part. Because if you were so chivalrous, why would you leave Robin behind that the TSA check line? And why would you make poorly Gandhi carrier luggage?
Speaker 2: And what's your chivalrous about?
Speaker 22: You guys and your your buddies and you fighting with some women over there at that bar about over the damn coat hooks.
Speaker 2: You know that ain't shit.
Speaker 22: So I'm gonna call a big old light on that one there, because that's nothing but hypocrisy on your partner, SCOOTI.
Speaker 2: Chivalry my ass. You got that right, buddy?
Speaker 16: Serious?
Speaker 2: Serious? I hope I got serious. Serious?
Speaker 22: Come on in bet Scooty now, Looty now, no crying from scooting now.
Speaker 41: Also, who's watching this first playoff? Hole masters?
Speaker 7: Justin Rose.
Speaker 41: They're zooming in on the shirt Peter Malar front and center.
Speaker 1: Always on the golf course, Peter Malar, Bogi bastards, every golf club house, Peter Malar, Peter Malar everywhere. I don't know why?
Speaker 12: Why?
Speaker 1: Why is Peter Malar, like the bougie.
Speaker 4: Big Golf brand. They sponsor everybody. Yes, Peter Malar, they should, they should sponsor us. Well we haven't spoken about them in a couple of years now. Well that's because they turned us down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, screw them. Music.
Speaker 8: Oh the hell with it.
Speaker 1: I can't do it.
Speaker 22: That can't be serious. I can't be without Mass and Scootie. You know, I got to come back on here and say something. You know, if you guys are calling Brody the cheap bastard, but I'm gonna tell you Ed is the cheap bastard because he wants to have his cake and eat it too.
Speaker 2: He wants to get under Kathy's pants there.
Speaker 1: He wants the other guy to pitch.
Speaker 22: Any eleven dollars for his little goddamn hot pants benefit, god darn it. And you know, and then also you know he roalmed it up from seventy to one hundred.
Speaker 2: He probably went over there and tould the.
Speaker 22: Waitress that it was his idea to give a bigger dip water conniving guys, Boy, Brody, you better break your tae.
Speaker 2: Don't ever talk to that guy again. He's a conniver.
Speaker 1: He just like Scootie.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Okay, all right, I'll see you guys.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh my god. He is great. He really is next level.
Speaker 24: Hey, brooken boys, this is Maria from Union City. So I don't know if Scary's the one that puts together the best of Saturday episodes, but there just happens to be a segment where both freak Ronnie is talking about when him and Scary went to Nashville and there was this woman that the Nashville Connect and she was supposed to pay her own way and she didn't pay her own way. Yes, she only paid half. Well, the bill was two twenty per person and she only paid one twenty and then bald free Grannie had to pay the rest of it. And I'm just here one and Scary. They're saying she should have paid she was supposed to pay blah blah. What happened today? Chivalrous, mister Scarry Jones, I'm just wondering if this whole new chivalry thing is new? Okay, bye, Scary. In particular, it's Maria Fremunion City again. Also, Brodie, just so you know, apparently this woman was the only single woman at the table. Everyone is they're coupled off, and didn't he say, oh, yeah, we all just pick it up together because you know, she's a single woman.
Speaker 13: What happened?
Speaker 24: So does your rule not apply when it's outside of New York City?
Speaker 34: It does?
Speaker 16: It does.
Speaker 1: So in that situation, there were four couples and then Balfreek, Ronnie, and then this girl, Ashley that came with us to dinner. Now here's the thing. What we could have done as a group was kick in for her, but because we were all coupled off, it was kind of awkward. And then Ronnie was with her all day drinking and hanging out, so it almost like she by default became Ronnie's plus one to dinner. It was a very different situation. Now in that regard, everyone at the table said, well, let's just split it by couples, and then Ronnie decided, okay, I'll just pay for the two of us meeting him and Ashley. And then, if I recall properly, she was supposed to give him the money, but she was in the same vein as Astra, expecting that she should have gotten her meal paid for or you know, for whatever reason, because she's a woman at a table in the South and that's what she in her experience gets, so she basically so we got into this big fight about it. But I made fun of Ronnie because I didn't think that she should have First of all, I didn't think she should have assumed that she was getting her meal paid. Why she's a woman, No, I because well, because they weren't even together. She was kind of a person that was invited. Was I my together with my coworker from from from you?
Speaker 8: No, No, she was.
Speaker 1: She was a friend of She was a friend of me and two other people at the table. Now you then you should have paid for your theories out the window. But that's why in this case, Ronnie shouldn't have been responsible. However, you should have been to the rest of the group that was there that night. No nodding, He looked. It looked like they were kind of like coupling off because they drank together, they were with each other all day. It became a thing where she kind of showed up at dinner with him. But it was a it was a business meeting, right she was. This wasn't a business meeting. This was this was a bunch of couples going out on a Saturday night. It was a very peculiar situation. I sided with her in that case that she I saw. I'm sorry I started with Ronnie in that case. Right to be there is hard to win Blaine here, Yeah, no, but you're allowed to make assessments. You don't have to be You don't have to have the same answer for the same it could be different. Well, either you have you have a belief or you don't. Yeah, there's several scenarios within.
Speaker 4: A belief that could scenario. All right, all right, we gotta finish your back pedaling. Don't hurt yourself.
Speaker 46: First off, to maintain correctness. Brody killer whales are indeed dolphins. Now in case my voice says otherwise, I'm not angry, just sir, but in a good way. You guys have a unique way of making me go back and forth on who is correct and Brody the way out of paying would just just straight out say no, I'll just pay my own bill now onto their stay tuned for part two.
Speaker 1: That would have been a bad move on my part.
Speaker 46: Now I have to say ast her came across as an insufferable narcisis In the last episode. She contradicts herself at every turn. She says it isn't a rule to pay for the one woman. Yet she would never go to dinner again if all the guys didn't pay for her.
Speaker 1: What kind of.
Speaker 46: Entitled piece of shit thinking is that she is gracing anyone with her presence? Personally, I'd make sure i'd make her pay so she never came again. Also, she agrees to go to these meals with all guys, not force This is county and the true definition.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Wow. Okay, well, you know, listen, I did think listen. No, she came. She came across as pretty brash on the podcast. She was forceful. She was definitely not making any friends for every every word that came out of her mouth. But you know, there is a way of being endearing about it or playful. And yeah, I think Astra was being fun. I think trying to upset me. I think she was just poking the bear. Of course, she knows we know her a long time, so we kind of go at each other that way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think she was busting chops more than like what she actually Yeah, but I knew this was going to be taking her to dinner. But I can't afford that.
Speaker 1: But I knew it was, But I didn't know this was going to be an issue because I said, Oh, the slices don't really know her the way Brodie and I know her. But so bro she we have a way of talking with each other. I mean that that's strict. That's straight Long Island right there, that's where she's from. So congratulations all the Long Island listeners. Astra is one of you.
Speaker 7: Reggie here, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 47: Well, the one guy at the table said, if your money's no good here, no, he should have exclusively paid for her because he made the offer. I don't think so get that vagina.
Speaker 10: Out of here.
Speaker 1: Okay, first time she ever said that.
Speaker 47: Brody, if you ever invite me out to dinner, I will pay for you, just because I'm excited to be going out to a dinner. You know, nothing to do with your testicle size. It doesn't matter to me, but I will pay for you. Oh wait, it was some guy's party and she also didn't pay, so she should have also been contributing.
Speaker 26: As a guest to this party.
Speaker 47: It's like they celebrated him and her.
Speaker 1: That's exactly how do I get.
Speaker 7: Into this group of free dinners? O? What was scary thy guys owing from Philly here.
Speaker 28: I'm still back on three twenty eight. Uh and three twenty its slicetime actually, and Clear is not that good to.
Speaker 7: Be honest, in the grand scheme of things.
Speaker 28: I mean fine at Newark, like in the United terminals, but that's gonna have to be important too.
Speaker 7: So Home for Philly.
Speaker 28: Uh Yeah, So I did a little bit of business travel in my last position, and and so like I'm in a lot of the airlines subreddits United. I probably am in the most because I prefer that over Delta and American. But yeah, they they're saying like Clear is just terrible at most of the airports that they have it at. It's longer than just the regular pre check line.
Speaker 7: So damn it.
Speaker 28: Sorry about the part three Home for Philly again, But.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean Clear you have to do like that facial scanner thing.
Speaker 28: And if you could just do it yourself, it would be fine. But they need to like have all these ambassadors come around and like they have to do like extra extra stuff. It feels like it would just be so much easier to give your ID if they could fix Clear to be more self sufficient, it will be fine, But pre is better for now.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you so much. I mean again, for me. Clear it works at certain terminals much better than others. There's some where I can't even find clear. So I guess it depends on where you live and what your home base airport is and if it's worth it or not. Okay, this is the last one for now. Oh wow, yeah, what a run.
Speaker 24: Hey guys, I'm Jacob and Jay.
Speaker 30: I'm just leaving this message because I almost paid my pants dak how boy truck a.
Speaker 1: Holy crap that two minute things.
Speaker 30: I was just dying.
Speaker 24: Oh my god.
Speaker 30: I don't care of people complain that we leave too many talkbacks.
Speaker 1: The hell with it now.
Speaker 24: That thing was hilarious. One velveez. We'll see tea.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 24: I love you guys.
Speaker 1: Bye, I love you, thank you. I like the way she wraps it up into a nice bow. I like I like ending on that. Okay, thank you so much. It's gonna be fiery.
Speaker 5: Ye.
Speaker 1: All right, d have black eyed peas. Thank you, Brooking Boys. See you on the Brooken Boys Podcast reactions. This podcast all depends on you, baby,