Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Nick shot, streaming live on dallascowboys dot com and the official Dallas Cowboys apt now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoller, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: And here it is a Thursday high noon here inside the SWBC podcast studio at the Beautiful Star Infrasco, on a beautiful day for football and to have football players out on a football field getting set for the Washington Commanders three twenty five Dallas time on Sunday. Carpe Omnia sees everything. The NFC East is there for the taking.
Speaker 2: You're taking Latin now.
Speaker 3: That's the team slogan ever since.
Speaker 2: Still where have you been?
Speaker 3: Still at the beginning, we had forgotten every been in the second.
Speaker 2: Time, I'm not saying Chris on every T shirt?
Speaker 3: Is it? Every shirt?
Speaker 2: Sweatshirts?
Speaker 3: And here we get everything off the season, not everything that was what we were trying to get.
Speaker 2: You didn't work.
Speaker 3: That's gonna happen for the postseason.
Speaker 2: Stay around the house all the time.
Speaker 3: And my daughter I just figured out, what do you say?
Speaker 2: Here we go? My dog I trained.
Speaker 4: I've trained my dog right when I say here, it's time to go in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's what I thought was.
Speaker 3: The market.
Speaker 4: Say it and he responds, it's time to go.
Speaker 3: What's your dog's name?
Speaker 4: Well, we inherited. It's Coco.
Speaker 2: Coco, it's a girl.
Speaker 5: Here we go.
Speaker 2: That's a girl.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, okay, all right, a feminine name for we inherit a You.
Speaker 3: Know, I had a beagle named Romo. He passed away before the season he did. Yeah, Romo, Bo and Romo two beagles and they and Romo he it was this summer.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yeah, because you did talk about him last year. Oh yeah, yeah, I need to live.
Speaker 4: This is how during Coco, I mean COVID Coco.
Speaker 6: During COVID, right, because he always had to go out of the room and take.
Speaker 3: Care of oh yeah, because they be barking during we were doing our zooms in or whatever.
Speaker 5: You you need. Another beagle named dak now.
Speaker 3: Correct, well, and that shows how old Bow and Romo well both still alive barely.
Speaker 7: My dog, my dog's name is is Marley. And I thought that was after the movie Marley and my son named it. They said, no, after Bob Marlin.
Speaker 4: That's good, interesting, pray.
Speaker 3: I love that Bo and Romo were born in two thousand and seven, and so sixteen Bo just turned sixteen and Romo didn't make.
Speaker 2: It to sixteen.
Speaker 4: We had one named Dantley Adrian.
Speaker 6: We got him the year he was supposed to come to the Mavericks and he didn't remember, he didn't show up for the trade, or he didn't want to come.
Speaker 4: So we said we'll have the only Dantle in town. And then I think he showed up.
Speaker 3: He changed his name to a guire.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, all right, all right.
Speaker 3: We have football players on a football field, and we've got football officials on a football field too. I was just thinking, when I saw the officials out there, you know, Mickey, you need to someday do a story. Be dressed up in an officials go out there, and go out there and work a practice and just see exactly how hard it is to identify a tackle eligible.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go out there in the uniform.
Speaker 4: Well, they just.
Speaker 3: They need you where they're adding players to the practice squad. I figure Everson may show up.
Speaker 2: I'm go go out there. I didn't say practice, just go out there.
Speaker 4: Twelve thousand dollars though for a week.
Speaker 3: They let me just stand well, is it twelve thousand for a week?
Speaker 4: That's what it's moved up.
Speaker 8: Speaking speaking of the practice Squad, the two latest editions Lyle Collins and Damian Wilson.
Speaker 3: It's official now, it is official.
Speaker 5: Mike McCarthy addressed it at last today in the press conference.
Speaker 3: There was some negotiating going on apparently with Lyell Collins.
Speaker 6: Now they had to figure out how they were who they were going to cut, and they wanted to pay the practice squad guys. Oh, because they've been here almost, you know, all this time, and to drop him the last week. So McCarthy, Yeah, he has a hard time doing that.
Speaker 2: I saw.
Speaker 3: I think do they get paid by the practice? Like if those were at the if the ones who were let go today were at practice yesterday, does that count for a full week.
Speaker 4: That's why they waited.
Speaker 3: Oh I like that. That's nice, looked like for Adam Panky Collinsky Panky.
Speaker 6: Right, we didn't even know it was on the darm Practice Squad bill yesterday.
Speaker 4: And they let the other guy go.
Speaker 6: Billy Billy Johnson, right, Tyron Billy No relation to white shoes speeding definitely. He would have been on Michael Parson's four by one hundred relay team.
Speaker 3: Billy White Shoes Johnson would for sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but Billy Johnson, Yeah, that's yeah.
Speaker 4: I saw. I believe it was Laoe.
Speaker 6: I think he had number seventy two on when he walked out, and he looked I mean physically, he looked like some ship.
Speaker 8: Yeah, or got himself lyle is, Yes, I'll call him seventy two. And then Damian Wilson is forty five.
Speaker 6: Now, he looked bigger, but then the last time I saw him was four years ago.
Speaker 4: Maybe something like Damien did Damien.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but they're going to practice today, McCarthy and the two guys, so it's basically Wilson in Collins. Uh.
Speaker 4: And then kind of see where they're at from.
Speaker 6: A you know, language or whatever.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: I think Lale probably has that down. I asked Mike about uh, terminology, Yeah, terminology, That's what I'm gonna say.
Speaker 4: I asked him about.
Speaker 3: Translate ramp up football.
Speaker 4: See, he knew what I was talking about. How long the ramp up.
Speaker 6: Would be and he said, well, we'll see after they practice today, so they'll have a better idea of maybe how much practice those guys need since Lale hadn't had a football practice since last January.
Speaker 3: Yol Collins does not want to get his number seventy one from Chuma Edoga.
Speaker 6: I don't know that you want to step in this late in the season, big time, right and say well I got more experience than you.
Speaker 2: Well, they used to offer things, but that was at the beginning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when they first got here in the do.
Speaker 6: You remember do you remember the eighty nine was it eighty nine?
Speaker 4: It was eighty nine when Steve Walsh got here.
Speaker 5: What happened?
Speaker 6: So Mike Saxon was the punter and he had number four and Steve Walsh was going to be the backup quarterback had number four at Miami, and so there was some negotiations going on and Saxon when somebody asked Saxon about it, and he said, well, yeah, we'll see how much the rookie has, meaning money, right, So somebody mentioned it to Jimmy as we were walking, you know, the long walk off the practice field in Thousand Oaks, and Saxon had screwed up a punt that practice, right, and and somebody asked Jimmy, He said, well, what do you think about Saxon wanting money from Steve Walsh? Uh for his for his number, and Jimmy goes he better worry about punting, all right, he won't.
Speaker 4: Have a number.
Speaker 2: And you never heard from Saxon again.
Speaker 4: He remained there his words.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he stayed with the Cowboys through the ninety two season, but.
Speaker 2: He never talked again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yes, that was hard for Saxon to talk Jimmy.
Speaker 2: He would not talk again.
Speaker 7: Yeah, say, do we ever talk about I would like to know do you think we have the best two kickers?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: Then from from a from a statistical standpoint.
Speaker 2: You know what? And effectiveness?
Speaker 3: You know what Everson just did. He just teed up the Pro Bowl team.
Speaker 5: Pro Bowl guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's go through that purpose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ever since did you know the problems?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 3: Just teet it up and we two special teamers are Pro Bowlers.
Speaker 2: Hey, spags helped me with the whole.
Speaker 4: All right sex story.
Speaker 8: Here are twenty twenty three dollars Cowboys Pro Bowl players Zach Martin, Ceedee Lamb, Michael Parsons, Dak Prescott, Brian Anger, Brandon Aubrey, and Deron Bland.
Speaker 2: Wow. Okay, seven no d law, no d law.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he gotta get more sex.
Speaker 7: You got to stop more Yordan's no line or get away with tripping somebody.
Speaker 4: Hudginson made it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So you asked about Anger. He leads the league with a forty four point nine net average, and if he keeps it at that this game, he'll reset his Cowboys franchise records.
Speaker 2: When you say net, how is.
Speaker 4: That average against return?
Speaker 7: That's right, that's the that's that's huge. You can kick longer, right, but it's it's affective. That's that's important.
Speaker 6: And he he is his His just gross average is second at fifty one point four, so his punts average fifty.
Speaker 2: They don't they don't return, so they're not returned.
Speaker 3: And the guy who's first is a Tennessee punter. I think Stonehouse.
Speaker 4: Stonehouse.
Speaker 3: Yes see, he's got farther to punt every time he punts, so he's putting from his own end of the field.
Speaker 2: Was always more room.
Speaker 3: It's more and more room to kick it.
Speaker 2: And he's that. I just love go ahead.
Speaker 6: And I was going to say, and he has ten touchbacks. Anger only has two.
Speaker 7: That's one thing I see when we when we are successful on the drive, we go one, two, three out, and he saves us. He turns the field, he turns the field position. Yeah, it's amazing to me. And that comfort zone there for the defense, it kind of gives you a chance to go, Okay, we screwed it up offensively, and you know, we realize the consequences of that, and certain times of the game he kicks us out of consequences.
Speaker 3: Nothing will help your net punting more than not kick it into the end zone because you just attracted twenty yards.
Speaker 2: Off that, no doubt.
Speaker 6: And I think that goes to show you that probably the voters from the players and coaching staff, they looked at the staff.
Speaker 4: To see it, and they saw it.
Speaker 2: They if they watched the game, they mean.
Speaker 4: That's pretty impressive.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 4: And he's only kicked.
Speaker 6: Two out of bounds also, so that's pretty impressive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no shanking.
Speaker 6: Twenty four returns out of forty four kicks. So the coverage team helped, so big Sam.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Do they take penalty yardage off the net? I don't see that on here, like if you interfere with the returner.
Speaker 8: Speaking of votes from coaches and players, we also have another player that we want to highlight today.
Speaker 5: Jordan Lewis.
Speaker 8: He's been named the ed Block Courage Award winner, which.
Speaker 5: Is the nominee for the Cowboys.
Speaker 8: So all thirty two teams will have a nominee for this, and Jordan's well deserving.
Speaker 2: I wonder if that it's all about coming back.
Speaker 7: He's got to come back and play well, right, right, I mean, not just as he came back from something maybe horrific or whatever.
Speaker 2: He comes back, he's playing well.
Speaker 6: He's playing extremely especially the last, you know, the last few weeks between Jordan Lewis and Donovan Wilson. I think Donovan Wilson kind of got back to where he.
Speaker 4: Was before his injury.
Speaker 7: He was getting roasted in this room, I know that much, and by us truly.
Speaker 6: And now he's making tackles like he was making tackles.
Speaker 4: He's making plays in position. He was a hell of interception.
Speaker 7: But he's not reacting. Yeah, and that's what I like about his play. All of our secondary was reacting and had a lot to do with the fact that they were physically outmatched by a lot of.
Speaker 6: I think maybe the only other player that somewhat slighted. I thought Tyler Smith had a really, really good season, but they weren't going to vote the Cowboys two of the three guards on the on the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 3: And by the way, for Zach Martin, it's now his ninth Pro Bowl and uh that ties him with the great Randy White, number five all time for the Cowboys with nine Pro Bowl selections, one behind Larry Allen. Who's got who had ten in his career?
Speaker 2: What about Brayfield?
Speaker 3: Right, Rayfield didn't.
Speaker 4: I think he only had I think he only had six.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 6: And the only reason I think I remember that is Nate Newton had six. And I was trying to say, you know, everybody just thinks Nate was this kind of gregarious guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, waiting for the text message.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, yeah, he's not just from Frisco.
Speaker 3: You know, Nate and Prisco. I think his favorite player was the sixth time Pro Bowler, Nate Newton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe. I believe it. I believe you could be correct.
Speaker 3: You know, once upon a time, once upon a time, I used to be able to pick up a media guide and immediately find where the Pro Bowl players are. And now, because because I go online instead of actually picking up the media guide, in doing it, it takes me a little longer to do it, I use multi Pro.
Speaker 7: Bowl selection, so every phone call, phone number by heart until side.
Speaker 3: Now you don't know your own, Okay, Bob Lily had eleven in his career, Jason Witten eleven Pro Bowl selections. That's tied for the tops in the Cowboys history. Larry Allen and Mel Renfro with ten each, and now Zach Martin joins Randy White tied for fifth with nine apiece, EMMITTT. Smith and Tyron Smith with eight apiece, DeMarcus Ware with seven, Troy Aikman with six, as well as Cliff Harris, Chuck Hallie, Nate In Frisco, John Nylan, Don Perkins, Rogers, Stabach, and Rayfield Wright. So there's your six and above Pro bowlers.
Speaker 6: So so Dak Prescott's the backup.
Speaker 2: Quarterback to Pody.
Speaker 4: What do you think about that?
Speaker 3: Well, they're talking MVP race and most people have Brock perty ahead of Dack on that.
Speaker 2: So they got a little more ahead of everyone, I would think.
Speaker 6: So it's funny how quarterbacks that can add to their play by running the football or thought of more than just the guys throwing the ball.
Speaker 4: Sort of what happened with the Heisman Trophy voting.
Speaker 5: The third time.
Speaker 4: That guy's good.
Speaker 7: I gotta say the guy that you're talking about is good as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, Daniels is very good player.
Speaker 7: I mean, I can't say since Vince Young even a guy that could run be effective, run running and passing the ball the way. And his oh my god, just to watch him run. He looks like a gazelle running around out there.
Speaker 2: And his past this is a pretty good bag. So you can't.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't say that, you know, there's a clear difference in either one.
Speaker 2: I'd say he does both of them very well.
Speaker 6: So, speaking of Dak, he's leading the league right now with thirty two touchdown passes, and this came up in the press conference that if he keeps that league, he'll be the first Cowboy quarterback to lead the league in touchdown passes. I'll have to double check that, but that's what was pointed out, and then Mike McCarthy piped in and said, yeah, but the biggest stat that I look at is percentage of interceptions, and he's at one point four, which is.
Speaker 3: Third in the lead.
Speaker 6: And he said that to him, anytime it's one point seven or less, that's having a really really good season.
Speaker 2: Which was the goal coming into the season.
Speaker 6: So believe it or not, but Kirk Cousins has thrown like more than two hundred and fifty passes less, his interception percentage is one point six, and Lamar Jackson is at.
Speaker 4: One point five.
Speaker 2: So those are the only.
Speaker 7: Did we talk about the fact that the Cowboys only have one most valuable player in NFL history?
Speaker 2: Is that correct?
Speaker 5: I think we did talk about something.
Speaker 9: Because it's the only one right for the season. For the season, of course, I think that is Actually that's pretty crazy, that's pretty crazy. I don't know, it just seems like I guess be guys, I'm a homer.
Speaker 6: Well think about it, though, Landry didn't overly throw the football for the quarterbacks, right, I mean, if you look at Starbucks numbers, Danny White's Danny White has some big seasons. But I think from a quarterback standpoint that Ward wasn't just going to quarterbacks back then. The way it's somewhat is right now.
Speaker 7: You mean, like a running back like a Tony dor said, yeah, you see what I'm saying. I mean, we can we can touch this in any different way to where I would say it's an unusual you.
Speaker 4: Know, Walter Peyton was probably getting in the way of.
Speaker 2: Dor I'm sure he was, and Riggings and all of those guys.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but Man's Tony had nineteen eighty one maybe his best year.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, Peyton wanted in seventy seven, which Wast's rookie year, of course, and he didn't. Tony didn't start until whenever.
Speaker 6: That was Sarah, like Everson, they didn't figure it out.
Speaker 3: So just going back in dorsets, going back in dorsets, heyday. Okay, you had Peyton in seventy seven, Bradshaw in seventy eight, Earl Campbell in seven nine, Brian Sipe in eighty, Ken Anderson kicker kicker from Washington no Less in nineteen eighty two. Mark Mose who was eighty one eighty one, was Ken Anderson over Tony do said, uh huh, Ken Anderson the Bengals quarterback, Mosley the kicker in eighty two. That was the shortened season, so no one had enough stats.
Speaker 7: I had freaking seven picks in nine games that season.
Speaker 4: Come on, man, Dorset had sixteen hundred yards.
Speaker 7: I was there eighty It was amazing. He was Michael Jordan and he should have gotten it.
Speaker 4: That year, but he only had four touchdowns. He must have got it the goal like close Springs. Springs had ten.
Speaker 2: Springs had seventy plus catches.
Speaker 3: I think that was like Michael getting the ball to the goal line for Emmett to score the touchdown, right, right. So then Thaisman wanted in eighty three, Marino in eighty four, Marcus Allen in eighty five, and Lawrence Taylor at eighty six.
Speaker 7: So now you go to the Jimmy Johnson era, you would think that Troy or Emmitt would win it.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, and they judged it on passing yards more so than anything Emmit and it is.
Speaker 3: The only player in NFL history to win the MVP Award and miss the first two games of the season. I just made that up, but probably true.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty no, that's true.
Speaker 4: Well, I think he might have been the first to win both in the same year.
Speaker 2: He won everything that year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, thanks to Nate Blocking.
Speaker 3: Six time Pro Bowler Nate Newton.
Speaker 6: As a matter of fact, Frisco, it is twelve twenty two already.
Speaker 3: Wow it is man. We had so much fun talking NFL Pro Bowlers, Cowboys Pro Bowlers. Congratulations and we continue with more mix shots In a moment to mixed.
Speaker 10: Shots, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 3: The press scout who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left.
Speaker 11: He'll hunks down.
Speaker 3: Just like football.
Speaker 10: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 10: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 10: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 12: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing. Pepsi baby the yin to this Burger's yang. Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of lettuce, every sesame seed on the bun, and every sip of that crisp refreshing ice coold Koola A journey to Fotopia burgers better with PEPSI.
Speaker 2: That's what I like.
Speaker 13: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 11: Did you know that responding to one spam call can lead to more? Or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone? Beat scammers at their own game By subscribing to AARP FraudWatch Network alerts and texts. At AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, you can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX.
Speaker 4: Demitt shuts.
Speaker 8: Kpost roofing and waterproofing, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys playoffs.
Speaker 5: Are on my mind. You guys and.
Speaker 8: Mickey and I were upstairs before the press conference chit chatting.
Speaker 5: A little bit about the playoffs. To have a question for you guys.
Speaker 3: Okay, if the.
Speaker 8: Cowboys end up being the second seed and we have a home game at at and T Stadium, who would you rather play the Green Bay Packers or the Seattle Seahawks at home?
Speaker 3: I thought you're going to add another team in there, and I know who I do not want to play, and it's the Packers, and the Seahawks are not that team. The Rams are who I do not want to play.
Speaker 6: But mate, I think would have to lose to drop to the third wild card game, right which is and San Francisco has nothing.
Speaker 3: To be and the Rams aren't playing their players either, so it's a preseason game. So they got Carson, all three.
Speaker 5: Of them in Okay, Yeah, so we'll throw in the Rams.
Speaker 3: And so the Rams are my team that I do not want to play. Why because they're hot right now. They got a veteran quarterback, and they when the Cowboys beat them in October, they didn't have Kyrien Williams are running back. And it's just the the way you look at the Rams and what they've done the last six weeks or so. I think their only loss was to the Ravens and it was on a putt return thirty seven thirty one. That's not a team. I don't think anyone wants to play it in the first round.
Speaker 7: I'm just going to my old philosophy of you know, playing a team too many times in the season.
Speaker 2: I don't want to play Seattle again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we saw and we saw that movie. Yeah, and it was forty one thirty five. So bring on green Bay.
Speaker 6: And green Bay at eight and eight they clinch a playoff birth if it's very simple.
Speaker 4: All they have to do is win to beat the Bears, and.
Speaker 3: The Bears are playing well.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was going to say, well what division rivalry too.
Speaker 3: So Seattle Arizona.
Speaker 6: Seattle can clinch if they win and Green Bay.
Speaker 3: Loses at Arizona.
Speaker 7: Kyler Murray, Yeah, Kyler is he's a little thirsty right now.
Speaker 3: He's he just beat Philadelphia and Settle saw how he came.
Speaker 2: Out, and then that was.
Speaker 5: That really was.
Speaker 6: The Saints are a little more complicated. They have to win, and they need a Seattle loss and a green Bay loss.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't mind playing the Saints.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, I wouldn't. I'll take it.
Speaker 7: I don't want to dismiss him, but I would. What I don't I wouldn't be as nervous about.
Speaker 6: What I don't want is if the Cowboys lose and then they're the fifth seed, and if the Saints win.
Speaker 4: The NFC has to lose to Carolina, then you have to.
Speaker 2: Go to Man. I love that. Go see my friends.
Speaker 6: I was talking about traveloffs.
Speaker 5: Start looking up flights after there.
Speaker 3: So about what do you think?
Speaker 5: I like green Bay? I think taking on Green Bay would be great.
Speaker 6: Good bring back Mike's old team, pretty good story.
Speaker 2: That'd be great, would be a great story.
Speaker 3: See, that's what it needs to be. Green Bay coming here, Mike's old team, and then Matthew Stafford and the Rams go to the Lions.
Speaker 4: That one's got to happen.
Speaker 3: That's Jared Goff, the former Rams.
Speaker 2: What's the possibilities.
Speaker 3: That's a that's a that's a likelihood.
Speaker 4: Right, boys win, they're Detroit's the third scene.
Speaker 3: And if the Rams win, they're the six six and so they would play each other at Detroit.
Speaker 2: Hm hmmm.
Speaker 4: I wonder if they put up more billboards for that one. They would Savannah, Oh.
Speaker 5: The billboard. So good. Did you guys enjoy that today?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, so tell us about it.
Speaker 5: On Sports Center.
Speaker 8: I believe yes, Sports Center, someone was posting pictures that in Detroit, in the city, someone is putting up billboards of Decker reported and cross out eleven and five and put two boards all over the city. So they're a little upset up there in Detroit.
Speaker 5: Obviously.
Speaker 6: I think it was Channel four picked up uh TV station in Detroit. Some guy was going out on Man on the street and interviewing fans that are pissed off about UH that the darn Lions got screwed.
Speaker 7: Hey, let me tell you, they screwed themselves, right, the coach screwed them.
Speaker 4: They're still not.
Speaker 6: Is continuing to say he reported, So okay, if you reported, he didn't say it.
Speaker 7: And once again, okay, you got to mitigate your losses here you you you see where all this chaos was going on. Just kick the damn mix, man, and then that's go into over time. Did you have a flight to catch you know? It wasn't charged, was it? Did they have a private plane?
Speaker 2: Even break?
Speaker 7: Just make the play, Just kick the field goal and your you have momentum. You have all this confidence in your team.
Speaker 3: Right, let's go especially after the after the.
Speaker 5: Penalty, after the after the second one.
Speaker 3: When you're when you're now doing it from me, you're trying from the seven yard.
Speaker 4: Laform kicked this on the second one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, it's just crazy. It's just that's on him.
Speaker 7: And once again, I believe he knew better once all the information came out, the accurate information.
Speaker 4: That's why he didn't want to talk about it.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about I want to talk about this anymore. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I already showed my butt last last night, so I want to do it again today.
Speaker 6: And I can't believe Skippers trying to say he didn't report in and he's like.
Speaker 4: He's running on the field.
Speaker 7: Well, you know what, maybe he didn't do this, but he was trying to act as if he was doing this exactly. So that's too cute for me. That's too cute for me. You're not that slick man.
Speaker 4: They're not that The deception bit them in the.
Speaker 7: But that's some stuff that we would do. That's why we know what it looks like. We've done it. We've shot ourselves in the foot in mini games.
Speaker 2: All right. Uh.
Speaker 3: I think he's got a newspaper out over there.
Speaker 2: No, man, No, that was all the He's got coffee.
Speaker 3: It's on the newspaper.
Speaker 2: Coffee. Stay.
Speaker 3: It's been a long time since.
Speaker 2: Ready to go?
Speaker 8: I mean, was your your iPad still loading?
Speaker 4: Shot?
Speaker 2: Take it?
Speaker 3: So you've already found what you were going to look for in the newspaper.
Speaker 4: I had the contingency plans for Seattle Green Bay.
Speaker 3: Thought you were going to challenge me here on it. I've got it right here.
Speaker 7: Well you, but after I did it, he's picking the subject.
Speaker 2: That's the problem.
Speaker 4: I would have to sign on to this thing.
Speaker 6: I know, to take three times to sign in to get to that page of the morning news.
Speaker 2: So he gave up. You gave up on the laptop. Yeah, okay, all.
Speaker 3: Right, we continue. I've got a question about the Washington commanders when we come back, and it has to do with the quarterback of the Washington commanders when we come back here on mix shots.
Speaker 13: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 14: Cowboys Football and Millerlyte. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night times, followed by Monday morning Swager Brisky and the Smoker, Miller Lite and the cluek America's team playing America's greatest school. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football tastes like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three Miliberal Company, fort Or, Texas.
Speaker 11: Did you know that responding to one spam call can lead to more? Or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone? Beat scammers at their own game. By subscribing to AARP FraudWatch Network alerts and texts At AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, you can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's AARP dot org slash beat scammers TX.
Speaker 12: You know that sound anywhere is the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delr beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of school pepsy finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 2: That's what I like, mixed shots.
Speaker 3: To.
Speaker 8: Marcus Lawrence is the Dallas Cowboys nominee for the twenty twenty three Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Award, presented by Nationwide. Help Tank raise funds for Dak Prescott's Faith Fight Finish Foundation by casting your vote on NFL dot com slash Man of the Year or tweet your support using the hashtag wpmoy challenge.
Speaker 5: Voting ends on January eighth. Vote for Tank.
Speaker 3: Okay Cowboys Commanders three twenty five Dallas Time on Sunday, What is it As you face a Washington team that's lost seven straight games they're sitting there at four and twelve. In all likelihood, Ron Rivera is going to be let go started next week, and sounds like that's the tenor of things in Washington with new ownership and so forth.
Speaker 6: And for sure, if they beat the Cowboys, he'll be let go because that would screw them out of the second pick in the draft.
Speaker 3: So what are if you're Mike McCarthy, how are what are What are you emphasizing not only to your players but to your coaching staff this week? What's what's the message to take care of business against Washington?
Speaker 6: What what what wants to be in the game?
Speaker 2: I no, what is?
Speaker 3: What is it that he needs to stress this week more than anything?
Speaker 6: Well, number one, don't take Washington for granted. We can start there.
Speaker 8: Well, yes, he said, expect the unexpected, and then today said he told the team we have a lot to play for and he addressed them in the team meeting with with that statement, that's.
Speaker 2: What I say, Just be ready for anything.
Speaker 4: Ron Rivera, Riverboat round ye to lose.
Speaker 2: His last game, and we talked about this yesterday.
Speaker 7: It's a lot of those guys last game there, I was, you can't be paranoid about everything.
Speaker 2: It's only so much you can do on each play.
Speaker 7: And of course, you know, the more willing niely things gets on on the commander's side, the more they take themselves out of the game itself. There has to be some structure to what they're doing. But just play within the structure of the game and beat those guys.
Speaker 2: Beat the man in front of you.
Speaker 7: That's what you do, because I think up and down the line, we are better than them. We'll better individuals than they are as players and better team.
Speaker 4: He might make his punter inactive.
Speaker 5: Time.
Speaker 3: That's one of the best weapons they have. Tressway, the former Oklahoma soler.
Speaker 4: All right, Bill, go ahead.
Speaker 3: All right, here's a little trivia question for you. So Ron Rivera has been there for.
Speaker 2: Four years, Okay.
Speaker 3: Who was the starting quarterback in his first game as Washington's head coach in twenty twenty, Wentz. Wentz came the next year. Wentz was the starting quarterback for the other team in the first game, he was Philadelphia's starting quarterback. It was a Washington win over Philadelphia twenty seven seventeen, first game of the twenty twenty season, and Washington's starting quarterback was actually their first round draft pick the year before, fifteenth overall selection in the draft twenty twenty, Dwayne Haskins, the late Dwayne.
Speaker 2: Has That's right. Wow.
Speaker 3: So I mean, if anything says more about than think about Ron Rivera's career when he was at Carolina as the head coach, he had Cam Newton. So here he had a quarterback who was for seven years was King of the Hill in the NFL. Basically took and got to the Super Bowl in twenty fifteen.
Speaker 2: Whatever year it.
Speaker 4: Was, sorry, you're minimizing, Sam Hall.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just saying no, I'm maximizing, maximizing the quarterback position. Yeah, So contrast that to Mike McCarthy take it over in twenty twenty, and who was his quarterback. It's Dak Prescott and Dak is headed to its third Pro Bowl. In the MVP conversation in the league, it's so that position is so important in this league. And Washington thought they had it figured out when they drafted Dwayne Haskins in the first round with fifty overall in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 4: They thought they added figured out when they got RG three.
Speaker 3: Right, and then they got Kirk Cousins in that same draft in the fourth round, right, So.
Speaker 2: You didn't think they were doing well with Carson.
Speaker 3: Carson was the next year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, twenty twenty one.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty one, Carson Wentz went to And here's the deal. Washington has basically been let me call him up here. That's basically been a five hundred team outside of this year, they're four and twelve.
Speaker 2: Well that's the defense.
Speaker 3: But they were seven and nine in twenty twenty and to your point, the defense they were. They were second in the league and total yards given up defensively that year, and scared. Seven and nine was a scared They lost to Tampa Bay and wild card game Tom Brady in Tampa Bay. And then in twenty twenty one they were seven and ten and they failed a twenty fifth in the league in points allowed. Who was their quarterback then it was Taylor Heinikee for sixteen he had fifteen starts, and Garrett Gilbert and Ryan Fitzpatrick one start each. So Haskins was already gone just two years after he was drafted in the first round by Washington. And then in twenty twenty two, last year you had they were back strong defensively, third in the league in total defense last year. But they were twenty fourth in scoring offense last year and their quarterback last year was Carson Wentz and Taylor Heinekee. They split it and then Sam how got the last start of the year against.
Speaker 6: The countil whence the last time they won the NFC East, Well, let I go, no, because they wanted it.
Speaker 2: They wanted it.
Speaker 3: They won it in twelve Washington, Yes, they well, no, they finished they.
Speaker 4: Wait a second, twenty twelve.
Speaker 3: No, that's crazy. That twenty twenty season.
Speaker 4: They were That's what I was going to say, twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: They won twenty twelve.
Speaker 6: No, but you said you went past it, and I was saying before that it was twenty twelve.
Speaker 4: They wanted it.
Speaker 3: In twenty twenty with a seven and nine record, right, yeah, Oh that's what we were.
Speaker 5: Yeah, weird.
Speaker 2: That's how we got the rip. That's why we got that.
Speaker 4: Everybody had the losing record that year, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the everyone thought we were going to be like this for one.
Speaker 6: And by the way, Haskins, but the Cowboys only missed by what one game?
Speaker 4: They went six and ten.
Speaker 3: And by the way, here's what happened that year. Haskins started that opener. He went one in five as the starter. Alex Smith was the starter for six games and went five and one. Kyle Allen was mixed in there too for four starts. He went one in three, so and then Alex Smith. And that's the other thing, Alex Smith's injury.
Speaker 2: That's what I was going to bring.
Speaker 3: It huge factor in why Ron Rivera is where he is now.
Speaker 2: That's correct.
Speaker 3: So quarterbacks got to get that quarterback position right.
Speaker 4: If he can't do that.
Speaker 6: I remember Larry Lacewell telling me, he goes, I can probably coach around any position. I cannot fudge the quarterback position. You are who you are at the quarterback.
Speaker 4: Position, he said.
Speaker 6: Defensively, I come up with schemes and kind of cover up deficiencies on defense. On offense. You know, you can kind of coach around stuff. You can't coach around the quarterback.
Speaker 7: So as I agree with that, it's kind of hard to coach around the side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, secondary around that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he just blitz all that time.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, they're gonna get you eventually. Sorry.
Speaker 3: So to your point on them needing to lose this, Gabe r on Sunday to have the second pick of the draft. There's your quarterback right there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Sam Hollwood is twenty touchdowns in nineteen interceptions.
Speaker 3: So we're saying Sam Hall is playing for his job.
Speaker 4: Are a future backup job somewhere right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: If you have those many tilders, then yeah, you're looking at the backup job.
Speaker 8: He also has been sacked sixty one time, Brych Young fifty nine times.
Speaker 6: So well, if I remember correctly the sixty one that you mentioned when the Cowboys played him the first time, I think he was on pace for like eighty I think we did.
Speaker 5: I remember, well.
Speaker 3: That's what Rivera said in this press conference yesterday. We've only been sacked three times in the last three games. Say that they're making great.
Speaker 5: It's nineteen more and we'll hit that number, NICKI.
Speaker 2: Before we go move on.
Speaker 7: If you look at all the stats for the quarterbacks, I think I noticed that Dak Prescott has been hit more than any other quarterback in the top he in as far as numbers are concerned.
Speaker 4: Like quarterback pressures or quarterback.
Speaker 2: Hits, hits, hits hits, he took action.
Speaker 4: I believe that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. I was looking at that this past.
Speaker 6: Week, which is amazing. If you look at his numbers that they are what they.
Speaker 7: Are, that should add to his relevance in the MVP.
Speaker 5: Ras agreed.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so he's taking hits and he's still hanging in there being as successful as he is with minimal turnovers.
Speaker 4: So that kind of proves.
Speaker 6: Yesterday when I was talking to him and I said, I don't have a number on this, but it seems like these last several games that teams have blitched you more than previously, he goes, oh, absolutely, yeah, and I think they've realized the way to control the Cowboys offense is to blitz the quarterback, make sure he's uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Plus it's easy because we're not running with the crap, right, so that's got nothing to lose. They're coming for that because that's what our strength is.
Speaker 3: Okay, So how big is this for Washington right now? The draft order? Okay, Chicago has the first pick, it's ca it's Carolina's pick. Chicago owns it. So they've got the first pick for sure, and they got a decision to make on their quarterback, whether justin fields or draft.
Speaker 2: What would you do?
Speaker 3: I think I'm thinking I go for one of these quarterbacks, whichever one is I deem the best and then trade justin fields someplace and get as much as you can for him.
Speaker 2: I'd keep him, or you can keep them. I'd keep him.
Speaker 7: I'd keep them just surround him. You got to get a better offensive line.
Speaker 3: I think, oh, you keep them, you keep them in draft someone or pedal the first pick of the draft. That's what you're saying. You're not saying draft a quarterback.
Speaker 2: I'm not. I'm saying, don't draft a quarterback.
Speaker 7: Keeping draft someone, then it's going to be someone that can help them offensively, That's what I would say. And they preferably I don't know what he's left tackle is like, preferably.
Speaker 4: A tackle in a wide receiver.
Speaker 11: Two.
Speaker 4: They got the one guy right.
Speaker 2: More Yeah, but they need more, Yeah, they need more.
Speaker 3: They need Thank you.
Speaker 4: There's a cowboyte for you there, Douglas.
Speaker 3: So, right now, Washington, New England, and Arizona are all tied with four wins and twelve losses. But Washington right now as the tiebreaker as far as the draft goes, to have the second pick. So if Washington wins in New England and the Arizona win, then you got the Giants the Chargers in Tennessee all with five wins. Who knows how far.
Speaker 4: Washington falls down to almost ten?
Speaker 3: I mean they could fall. I would think they could fall for sure. They could. They would fall to at least four and maybe five or six. They could. They could fall us all the way to seven.
Speaker 4: So who are the team? Who are the teams behind Washington?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 3: Yet New England, New England, Arizona.
Speaker 4: Arizona doesn't.
Speaker 3: New England's playing the Jets, Arizona's playing Seattle the Panthers, right.
Speaker 2: Would be, what's that?
Speaker 6: I'm trying to figure out the first pick, the first, No, Chicago has the first, but well yeah because of Chicago. Yeah, I'm trying to figure out who needs a quarterback the most.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, New England needs a quarterback. Arizona and Kyler's probably now he's he's there. They paid, yeah, they paid him, and Giants with Daniel Jones and well but they haven't. But they could get out of that one.
Speaker 2: We paid him down, We.
Speaker 3: Paid Chargers have a quarterback and Herbert Tennessee drafted one in the second round in Levis.
Speaker 2: They could.
Speaker 6: I'm looking for where the Bears could move down to if somebody wants the first pick in the draft to take a quarterback if they decide to keep fields.
Speaker 3: The Giants, Giants, for sure, they're in the market.
Speaker 2: They're in the market.
Speaker 3: They're at five right now. Tennessee's in the market. They're at seven right now, So the Jets are in the market. The Jets are in the market. Atlanta, the Jets are at eight. Atlanta's at nine, and then Chicago picks again.
Speaker 6: At ten, So the Bears have got some Vegas.
Speaker 3: Las Vegas is at eleven.
Speaker 4: So everybody needs a quarterback. Why they're there.
Speaker 3: Minnesota's at twelve, they're in the market. New Orleans is at thirteen, they're in the market. Denver's at fourteen, they're in the market. Seattle's at fifteen, they're in the market. And then Cincinnati's at sixteen.
Speaker 4: Seattle's got Drew Lock.
Speaker 3: Don't worry about h I mean literally, you can go down the first fifteen teams in the draft. That's why there are where there are the first fifteen teams. You can make a case that thirteen of them need quarterbacks.
Speaker 7: If you listen some cowboy fans, then we're in the we're in the market too, so.
Speaker 3: It and then Pittsburgh's at eighteen. They're in the market. Okay, Tampa Bay's at twenty and they're in the market. Everybody needs a quarterback.
Speaker 4: So the Bears can get a haul for that first pick.
Speaker 3: M hm. They got a lot of people that will be coming to their doorstep.
Speaker 2: Yep, all right?
Speaker 3: Does it for this edition?
Speaker 4: Dramic shots A long time ago that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've got song Friday Edition mixed shots staring at you tomorrow at high noon.
Speaker 2: Coh Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.