Speaker 1: Kick it off of your week with a brand new second date up day. It just makes everything better. Hey, welcome to the podcast. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. And I'm just gonna say today, imagine being on a date and having a waiter point out the one thing you're most insecure about to handsome.
Speaker 2: Oh is that what it is?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: It's exactly what happened to one of our poor listeners and that's why we have them on the phone today. We're going to help them try to recover from it. Dude. But before we get to the podcast, let's go over some of these comments that we got from our wonderful, wonderful listeners. Yes, I saw one from someone named Even. It's spelled Even. Okay, we'll go with you even Know. But it says love from Norway, Love you guys, Brooke. Pay them more. I need more content, apparently. I like that they think I'm that much of a boss. I do, and that's all we need. Well, more money, we'll just get more second day. We stay here all day. I got two bucks in my wallet. Hey, I'll follow about what I really will. All right, Hey, thanks for being here, and again, keep the comments coming, and like subscribe and share and enjoy the brand new Second Date Update.
Speaker 2: Second Date Update, Brooke, what's that filter that you like to use on Instagram to make yourself look like fifteen years younger?
Speaker 1: There's no filter, sweetheart, it's just life.
Speaker 2: It's the FaceTime filter that you pay extra for because the live filtering on the videos that costs a lot more.
Speaker 1: Don't use a filter, Jeff, Sure, yeah, FaceTime? You mean face two is actually what you mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Whatever, It's morning the old man behind the mic over there.
Speaker 2: But I only bring it up because in today's Second Date Update, age was at the forefront of the conversation, at least in the email that I just read from our listener, Phil and I learn from experience, and people get a little spicy when you talk about age. Jeff a little bit, but apparently I don't know. He is worried that it may have been a factor during his date. So let's talk to him, Phil, Phil, welcome to the show. Can you hear me talking to the bottom part of the phone.
Speaker 4: Hi, can you hear me?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I can't hear you.
Speaker 2: Phil. What time is it where you are?
Speaker 1: I'm surprised you didn't go instantly the weather. Phil we're making fun of your age.
Speaker 3: I'm not okay, So here's what happened.
Speaker 2: Okay, we haven't asked you that question yet. You're gonna look quick.
Speaker 1: Can you take us off? Speaker?
Speaker 3: Phil? Here we go? Is that better?
Speaker 2: That's way better?
Speaker 1: Good job, man, You can't teach old dogs new trick.
Speaker 2: All right, man, officially, welcome to the show. How you doing today?
Speaker 3: Doing good? Doing good?
Speaker 2: Are you doing all of that? You still like us and you even sound off speaking, So let's go straight to your date.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 2: Tell us about the girl that you met recently? What's her name?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, good?
Speaker 1: And I'm guessing you didn't meet Mandy on that app?
Speaker 3: I did meet?
Speaker 2: Was it the app? Coffee meets Metamucila's long? That's too low?
Speaker 3: It was tender.
Speaker 1: That I like? Phil spicy? That's good? Like it?
Speaker 2: Okay? So walk us through the meeting and the meetup with Mandy.
Speaker 3: Yes, so I met Mandy on one of the apps, and we set up a date.
Speaker 2: You tell tell us about go to the date. What happened on your day? Where'd you go?
Speaker 3: We went to this really great seafood spot.
Speaker 1: It's a dinner date. And what were you feeling before Henry nervous excited.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, recently divorced. It's been a long time since I had a first date, so I'm a little nervous.
Speaker 1: Congratulations like getting back out there.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Yeah, okay, nice to hear something nicely.
Speaker 2: We become kind.
Speaker 1: We actually got your back, Phil, We got your back.
Speaker 2: That's good. So you go to the seafood restaurant where food is easy to chew, and how did it go?
Speaker 3: The conversation's good. There is some talk about social media. Yeah, I thought it was really interesting. She really liked the TikTok. I'm more of a Facebook guy. Yeah, I actually downloaded it. She got me, you know, interested in seeing how it's a little bit different.
Speaker 1: Dude. Old people go viral on that thing all the time, and now you're losing so many hours of your life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my dad sends me dog videos from TikTok.
Speaker 1: All day long. Watches really cute.
Speaker 2: It is pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Huh Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no matter what, I'm gonna thank Mandy for that.
Speaker 1: Were you guys able to connect over other things?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, we talked about a lot of stuff. It goes really good. We talked about like our first concerts.
Speaker 1: Oh, but that was a difference.
Speaker 3: Mine was Aerosmith and a nine when rock was.
Speaker 1: Real okay, okay, and.
Speaker 3: Hers was in fact ariana grande.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, a little bit. But hey, like we said, you were honest. You knew what she was getting into.
Speaker 2: That's good and the fact that you're connecting is a great sign. No matter what it is you're talking about, as long as the conversation is going smoothly, that's perfect. So take us to the end of the day. How did you wrap it up?
Speaker 3: So that was where it got a little embarrassing. Okay, how it happened a little embarrassing. The waiter came to give us our bill, and and then he said, we hope you and your daughter have enjoyed this mealed.
Speaker 2: So now you're in a tough position because you can either a let it slide and just brush it off, or be off. You confront the situation head on.
Speaker 1: And tell you just start making out. And I like that when I do this.
Speaker 2: What how did you handle it?
Speaker 3: Phil? You know, sometimes you just have to take it on the chin. Yeah, okay, I said, that's not my daughter.
Speaker 1: Did you get any read on her reaction to that? Moment.
Speaker 3: Not really, I was a little taken aback. I was a little embarrassed myself.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, do you think when you're out some when older, you expected like everybody plays that game where you see a couple like that out and you're like, you think they're a couple, or just yeah, you see people in line.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's fun to play that game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's a gold situation.
Speaker 2: Yead.
Speaker 1: So okay, okay, have you reached out to her since.
Speaker 3: The date I have? I just haven't heard back, and I don't want to be one of those people that over text.
Speaker 2: You know, what are you doing? Are you just doing straight phone calls?
Speaker 3: I can text?
Speaker 1: Oh really, we're acting like he's eighty five years You've got to be in like your fifties or something, right, your sixties?
Speaker 3: No comment?
Speaker 2: No, okay, all right, I mean, well a lot of times ago, way to like reach people now is through DMS.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he has a number. He called a radio station. He's cool enough to listen to our show. We're gonna call it.
Speaker 2: It's just because we're calling from a random number. She might not pick up when we dial her, but maybe she will. Maybe she'll give us a chance and we can talk to her and hopefully get an answer for why she hasn't called you back to hang out again. Because you sound like a great guy.
Speaker 3: Well thanks for that. It's once again nice to hear a second nice thing.
Speaker 1: Well maybe by the end of this you'll have your whole finger. Yeah, you're accounting for brother.
Speaker 2: We're gonna think of lots of compliments to give to you and about you when we called Mandy and get you your second date update right after this. Okay, all right, all right, man, hold on second date update. Playing a little Aerosmith for our listener. Phil. Yeah, really in honor of the very first concert that he ever went to back in nineteen eighty nine. And I bet he never thought back then that he'd be on a hot date today with a cute girl named Mandy whose first concert was Ariana Grande. A little bit of an age difference there, which only came to light when their waiter dropped off the bill at their table and said, we hope you and your daughter enjoyed your time here. Kind of an awkward moment, but hey, Phil rolled with it. Unfortunately, though, he's not getting a response back from Mandy afterwards, and that's where we come in trying to help Phil. Every word she is hitting him up, but it's on TikTok, and.
Speaker 1: Guy, stop it. He is not that old. I mean he's rusty because he was divorced and this is his right. I mean. The one thing you may not understand is that there's a lot of like ghosting in dating now, like it's pretty normal and some people just like to go out for a dinner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's a point.
Speaker 4: Phil.
Speaker 2: Did you know that?
Speaker 3: Did I know that the thing happened to me happens?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, it happens all the time.
Speaker 1: It's not and you shouldn't take it personally because it's not a reflection of who you are or what you can offer in a relationship like that was a little spicy.
Speaker 2: And Bill, if we can get her, I'm not going to bring up the age thing at all to her unless she says it first. Is that good? Is that cool with you? Yeah? Well, because if it's not about the age, and why even bring it up.
Speaker 1: It shouldn't be because she again, when you meet on a dating app, you're forgetting.
Speaker 2: It's not like surprised.
Speaker 3: I was completely truthful about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, all right? So I'd love to hear what excuse she has for not calling a great guy like you back. Let's figure it out. I'm going to dial her number right now. Okay, here we go. Hello, Hey, we're going to talk with Mandy. This is a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Good morning, Hi, Hey, is it okay if we chat with you for a bit?
Speaker 4: I guess I don't have a lot of time, but okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Well this shouldn't take long because we're doing something called a second date update and we're trying to help out one of our listeners that you went out with the other night and we heard it was actually pretty.
Speaker 1: Fun, fancy seafood date.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, good conversation. Well, TikTok action with a guy named Phil.
Speaker 4: Oh no, not Phil.
Speaker 5: Yes, you mean oh yes philow Like I know, Phil's a little bit bummed because you guys haven't arranged a second meetup.
Speaker 2: And if you don't want to, that's up to you, but it would really help him out if you could give an explanation for why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, remember, this is a guy who's back in the dating world. These lord and some new things.
Speaker 2: You have to admit He's a really nice guy, right, I guess.
Speaker 1: Guess wasn't he nice on the date?
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm into dating older guys. But Bill's picture it was a lot younger than what he made it out.
Speaker 1: Okay, so he was older than you would normally date basically. Okay, all right, so it's like he's like forty or fifty in the picture, and then you showed up and he was He wouldn't tell us his age, so we really don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was off. It was not close.
Speaker 1: A lie on the app too.
Speaker 4: Well, I think his age was correct.
Speaker 3: Is this? It was a whole photo thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, So maybe he chose an older photo of himself because he liked how he looked however many years ago, which I think a lot of people do. But yeah, I mean we spoke to him and like his personality seemed very vibrant and young. Really yeah, remember Brock like photos aside, he's on TikTok.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, he.
Speaker 2: Was like he sounds cool.
Speaker 4: Well, here's the weird thing. I was showing him how to how to. We were in the middle of the restaurant ordering and I was showing him how to do the TikTok and he basically ordered a glass of milk from that's such an old guy, and he apologize for the battery being too low, and he pulls out a full fanny pack and pack from the fanny pack and it was a super pack, not just like a tiny one. It was a super pack and the fanny pack.
Speaker 2: Everything.
Speaker 1: So he ordered milk and had a man fanny pack.
Speaker 4: And then on top of all the all that, the waiter he made a comment like a weird comet that was that.
Speaker 1: Was really embarrassing for him.
Speaker 4: If I was waiting on that table, I would think the same thing.
Speaker 1: Not a good response in his back pocket.
Speaker 2: Old guys, we keep a cook like a tube of grease to do your He's not a grandfather, is he.
Speaker 4: Well I don't know, but look well he did start talking about my credit score and my IRA.
Speaker 2: That's important.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're probably really good for my future. But you know that's not romantic.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well he's just a little too.
Speaker 2: It's good that you're sharing this with us, because Phil really did need to hear I think some of those things, because you might not know he is on the other line right now listening to this phone call.
Speaker 4: Many Oh my gosh, not Phil, Yeah, No.
Speaker 2: It's it's a good thing because he really did need to hear some of this stuff.
Speaker 1: He's old. Why to hear that, Jeb.
Speaker 2: He's new to online dating. He needs to learn like what to do and what not to do as he goes forward in age brackets is going forward? Phil, talk to Mandy. She's on the phone right now. You can have a conversation. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: So you're making fun of a fanny pack on the radio, it's.
Speaker 4: Not about that. It was a big charger and I.
Speaker 3: Feel like I like you, but a charger a lot can fit in that fanny Pat, do you have it on right?
Speaker 2: Boks getting turned on?
Speaker 1: You got in your fanie peck food.
Speaker 2: Okay, Phil, how did you feel hearing Mandy say all that just a moment ago.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie. It hurt a little bit. Yeah, and some of that sounds a little unfair.
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: What part was the glass of milk cold or was it warm?
Speaker 1: And it's a good gas intestinal system if you can still process in his age cultured yogurt.
Speaker 3: One glass of milk before seafood. It helps with the gut.
Speaker 1: Okay, I didn't mean for you to okay it, Phil, I was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, we got it. We got it, We got it. Phil. It just sounds like maybe between you and Mandy, there wasn't so much romantic feelings going on. It was more like a father figure wanting to help a younger person out. That was the vibe that she was getting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what do you want? Many? How do How do I be more romantic towards You?
Speaker 2: Just have to think about it differently, Mandy. He's not an older guy. He's just classic.
Speaker 1: He's the most interesting man in the world.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sexy.
Speaker 2: No, you gotta look at it in a positive way, like you will never get a two am hey you up text from Phil. Yeah, they'll come at five thirty. But that's fine.
Speaker 3: You guys are supposed to be helping me, help me get a date with it.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're trying. So we're just gonna ask Mandy. Phil seems like a really cool, nice guy, and you admit yourself that you like older men. Yeah, not that old. Well, we still don't know what that number is, and we would like to offer to send you out on another date with Phil that we pay for one more chance.
Speaker 4: You know what, sign me up? I can get an a ARP discount.
Speaker 1: You can't do that, actually, Mandy.
Speaker 2: As long as you're rich, though, you get the benefits off of it. Special baby.
Speaker 3: If you're if your heart's not in it, just say no, it's fun.
Speaker 2: See well, he wants that genuine connection, Mandy, so give it to him straight. Do you really want to meet up again as a wingwoman?
Speaker 4: Not any romance, No.
Speaker 1: Need that right now. Listen, if you surround yourself with friends that are young, you look younger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, brook notes from experience, So there you go. Yeah, she hangs out with us all the time, Brookie. Jeffrey in the morning. A couple of texts coming in at seventy five nine to two that are saying we were kind of tough on Phil there, but.
Speaker 1: You were brutal.
Speaker 2: There's too many, you know. It's it was like Jose said, when you agree to be on a second date update with us, you have to be willing to hear the truth and get poked fun at a little bit.
Speaker 3: You guys.
Speaker 2: Listen, I think you went a little bit over the line during the the rest of us Alexis Jose me, good job. Yeah, we just skirted that line.
Speaker 1: Pats pots all around. I controlled myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So jeff At the end of the day, let's admit we didn't get a second date. We failed on that front, but he did not. Here's the good news. Now that Phil has TikTok, he can follow our show. Hey we go viral.
Speaker 1: It'll only take him two days to find it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then he can listen to our second date updates every now and again. Wherever you get your podcast, Phil hear himself and be like, wait, I am getting old. What's going on? Go check it out, Phil, and all of you wherever you get your podcasts at Brook
Speaker 1: And Jeffrey Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.