Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jettie and Pee.
Speaker 3: Armstrong, Eddy.
Speaker 2: Not Live from studio c Armstrong and Geddy. We're off for a couple of weeks. We're taking a break. Come on, you get a break, We get a break. We'll be back live for twenty five and as.
Speaker 3: Long as we're off, perhaps you'd like to catch up on podcasts, subscribe to Armstrong and Getty on demand, or one more thing we think you'll enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Sir, I went to god Zilla minus one over the weekend. Had you all heard of that? Katie, Joe, Michael, anybody have you ever even heard of that?
Speaker 4: Never heard of it? I missed that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not getting the publicity that normally a blockbuster movie like a Godzilla or King Kong would get because it's not that kind of a movie at all. I just heard that there actually is. Our friend Tim Sanderfer, who is a man of letters, had twenty six of them, had impressive, had tweeted out that this is the this is finally a great monster movie. Godzilla mines one thought, oh, okay, cool, and I was still just picturing like a regular Like we've seen all the god Zilla movies, the modern ones, all the King Kong movies. We've seen Godzilla versus King Kong. We've seen Megaladon one and two, which are the stupidest movies ever made. They're they're they're they're basically Shark Nato with a giant shark. More expensive cast, yeah, more expensive actors, but that's I was kind of picturing that, but like maybe better, but no, it's not at all. Godzilla Minus one is a Japanese movie subtitles black and white, and it's a hardcore art film. It's like the sort of thing they would make you watch in a college class and then you'd have to write a paper about it. It's way closer to that than a blockbuster movie, and so you don't hear as much about it. And it was huge in Japan. It's doing pretty well in the United States. It has had some Oscar nominations. I don't know how to explain it minus one. I guess it's a translation thing. It means Japan was so far beaten down at the end of World War Two that they were like below World something. That's what the minus one means. And this movie is featured at the very end of World War Two and the aftermath, when we had just reduced it to rubble, even before we dropped to the atomic bombs, it was rubble. And it's featured in Tokyo mostly, and they're just people living like cavemen, the people that are still alive, scrounging for food, trying to push some boards and rocks together to have something to keep you out of the rain. You know, you're by yourself because your whole family's dead, and you team up with some old lady who the rest of her family is dead, and you try to make a go of it.
Speaker 3: Is this a comedy.
Speaker 2: It's a comedy sort of in line with like sort of The Three Stooges meets Jim Carrey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, No.
Speaker 2: It is not a comedy obviously, and starring Will Ferrell exactly a lot of Will Ferrell makes a comedy cameo. Jack Black plays a prominent role.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: Now it's a very heavy movie and uh long, parts of it are silent. There's not a sound, no music, nobody talking, no nothing, And it's so quiet in the theater. It's just like weird. I don't think I've ever been to a movie that got silent for that long before.
Speaker 3: Wow. Wow, that's that's interesting.
Speaker 2: And I'm not going to try to describe it because I couldn't, but just making the point that by the climactic scene, where like with all Godzilla King Kong movies, you know it's time to finally, like really confront the monster with your best plan to bring him down and save humanity. You know that has featured in all of those Megalodon or Jaws or whatever. When it gets to that final scene, you feel way more like you're watching Saving Private Ryan or Band of Brothers or something. Then you do a monster movie. I mean, like the director managed to make it like you don't even think about it being Godzilla in a giant radioactive creature that can stomp on people and crushed buildings somehow, like that doesn't even matter anymore. It's all about humanity in wartime and sticking together and overcoming adversity and just you know, it's just it's hard to explain. I thought it was phenomenal and no longer seems it doesn't even seem weird that you're like tugging at my heartstrings. Is it a Godzilla movie? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Wow, that's such an interesting like union of being invested in characters and how that affects your willingness to suspend disbelief.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, yes, that is exactly it.
Speaker 3: I think that was like the Harry Potter formula, although that's obviously fantasy and everybody knows it well.
Speaker 2: And this was as gritty, realistic as any movie I've ever seen. And it featured a giant monster that can crush buildings under its feet, which doesn't seem like it'd be possible in terms of the theater going experience. And there was hardly anybody at this Saturday night seven o'clock. I think there were a total of ten people in there. Wow, because nobody's heard of it, and that's an art film. And my youngest kid didn't like it much. He didn't like the reading. There's a lot of reading really fast and his reading is not quite up to and a lot of really hard words, so he just couldn't quite keep up with it. But my eighth grader love it, thought it was really really good. It was it was a powerful movie, but the whole movie going experience in the modern world everybody's got such a great TV with a cool sound system. You got that whole thing. Although I've noticed this before, I have walked out of many movie theaters in my life, like rattled in some way, either like you know, down emotionally or inspired emotionally, or fired up emotionally or something like that. And I don't know if that ever happens when I watch on TV. I think it probably does.
Speaker 3: I think being at home, you get back to your set point a lot more quick.
Speaker 2: You think that's it.
Speaker 4: Well, and you have control to turn it off and change it.
Speaker 2: But I always feel like I always feel like a walk out of movie theaters and everybody's quiet because they're just like so affected by what you saw in one way or another. And I never feel that way at home.
Speaker 5: Hm.
Speaker 2: Really, I don't think anyway.
Speaker 3: Maybe there's a I think there's something about and I think I was right the first time. When you leave a movie, other than like zipping up your jacket, all you're doing is walking to your.
Speaker 2: Putting on my shoes, putting on my shoes, because I take off my shoes and socks put them on the seat in front of me. That guy, No, I do not, But that's funny.
Speaker 3: So even if you're checking your phone or whatever, you have three to five minutes where you're doing nothing but thinking about what you've just s Maybe that's it. Whereas you know, you turn off the TV at home and then you go.
Speaker 2: Do something and get the kids to bed or whatever.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh, but the dude did when your kids were younger, did you buy them treats to go to the movie occasionally? See, I grew up in a family where we never did. It wasn't even a consideration. It's like, we're not getting that stuff because it's too expensive. That's fine, Yep, already eight. I'm not thirsty. If I'm thirsty, I'll go get a drink of water at the drinking vun.
Speaker 4: I knew a family that would hide the treats and mom's purse.
Speaker 3: But you know I used to bring we'd smuggle in uh popcorn in our pockets. Sometimes.
Speaker 2: I used to bring beer to the movies all the time. You gotta wait for a loud part. You gotta wait for God's willa to scream before we open your beer. If you open your beer during the silent, is the baby gonna die? Or not seen.
Speaker 4: Your girl has mastered. Opening a bottle of champagne a movie.
Speaker 3: Nice style points.
Speaker 2: I remember one time when I kicked over my empty bottle of beer and it rolled all the way down, clicking it, clicking it click, oh yeah.
Speaker 6: And then what you do is you start looking around, like what is that you're who is doing that?
Speaker 2: Somebody brought in some unauthorized food or drink And.
Speaker 3: I can't wait. If somebody would do that and I'll see it.
Speaker 2: I think we should pause the movie and go through everybody's pockets until we can find out who this mister into is. But I think I am gonna tell my kids, mostly for the noise reason, partly for the money reason. No, we're not doing this next time. Let's eat before we go. We can even stop and get a treat, but we're not gonna buy stuff at the theater.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 2: I don't want to listen to you eating and drinking. Oh right. If I took the drink away from one of my kids, like doneough, because he kept doing the at the bottom, you know, trying to get the last two SIPs through the ice thing, like yeah, you quit. I took it out of his hand and put it in my cup.
Speaker 6: O you blessed every other person with the same sound issue in that in that theater.
Speaker 2: That right, So between the noise the cost, we spent fifty bucks at the concession stand. Jeez, that's nuts with the modern inflation. Yeah, two kids. I got smalls, but I got in the largest.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I had to get a loan. I had to apply for a loan, and somebody had to be there to fill out my paperwork and look at my credit score.
Speaker 3: So if this movie is successful, they've got to, you know, continue the theme. And I you know, on the radio show, I it's throughout the idea King Cang it ant eat them then, I don't know, maybe sas Squatch in a house fire where a family loses their house and he takes them in or eats them, or I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, if Frankenstein's list, if Frankenstein had done Shindler's List. There you go.
Speaker 3: Now you're thinking, yeah, I'd watch it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I told people, and I got a date. I said, it's way closer to Dos Boot than it is to King Kong.
Speaker 3: Right. Count Dracula is a gifted cancer doctor, but he has a blood addiction. Right, But he's noble, but he just can't. He's a junkie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'd be a hit.
Speaker 2: The Mummy in Philadelphia. So you got the dying Aids guy and the Mummy.
Speaker 3: Yeah they're hanging out together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, plot twist solving crimes or something.
Speaker 3: They're actually lovers who soft crimes.
Speaker 1: Jack Armstrong and Joe The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 2: The teos was too many pansy ass kids. This is referring to this particular mom who went on the screed in her kitchen with a glass of wine in her hand.
Speaker 7: I got a call from my kid's assistant principal today because he and his other friend were playing soccer with this other kid at recess. The other kid happened to want to be the goalie and apparently he sucked, and so he got really upset because the other boys kept scoring goals on him. And there was no teasing involved. I verified, it was just he was so upset that the kids kept scoring goals that he went to the teacher and cried about it, and my kid and the other kid got brought to the principal's office. Do not call me because some soft ass kids feelings got hurt because some kid is better than him at sports. Stop coddling your kids, especially your sons, because let me tell you right now, what no woman wants someday is to have to coddle their fire husband. Stop raising pansy ass kids. Teach your kids how to be confident in themselves and how to emotionally freaking figure their out, and stop with the bs.
Speaker 2: We got this text in response to playing that earlier. Oh my god, I love that recording you just played. This is so true. Mike Kids' school has a no running on the playground rule.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Always what Mike.
Speaker 3: Spy is that I could I could throw on the black bandana and slit throats to quote H. L. Menkin over that.
Speaker 4: No, I'm just missing something.
Speaker 2: No, you're not too dangerous. My kids' school they don't have it all the time, but if it has rained anytime in the last week, you're not allowed to run because the grass could be do it.
Speaker 3: I think I'm a fascist for even talking about this. According to something I read, but when we conduct the great experiment of conservatives get half the country and progressives get the other half, and we see how it goes, there's going to be all the run and you I almost dropped an F bomb, which I can't I suppose, but I'd prefer not too. You can run all the f and much you want. In conservative America. Kids go out there, play soccer, skin your knees, get sweaty, get to blow off steam. Then we'll get back to school and learn, and well we'll compare test scores at the end of it. Bitches. Huh.
Speaker 2: We used to love the play soccer on wet fields and we would slide in the Yeah, well it was part of the fun.
Speaker 4: Even after it would rain on the on the cement outside.
Speaker 6: We used to run and pretend we were skateboarding and try to see who could slide the farthest.
Speaker 4: Oh, I got my I hurt myself so many times doing that.
Speaker 3: But it was a blood none of that, None of that anymore. Good lord, think of the liability, Katie, you maniac god.
Speaker 2: And we played kill the man with the ball and the poorn rain all the time, and I mean that was a violent game.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: I realized people are self selecting and to some extent anyway, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Not exactly a Navy seal.
Speaker 3: Nor I please what uh, but uh, people are self selecting to some extent anyway, But I so want to figure out a way to do this because they're like schools, charter schools, like the John Adams Academy, and there are other examples that like do school the way school ought to be done, and you can run all you want at recess and you learn and you learn the important stuff and you behave in class and the kids come out all smart and educated. It works. It works. And the fact that government union schools now don't work, as you know, an indictment on them. But I would love to start some sort of I don't know, colony or outpost. I guess it's called idoh Conservatania, and there would be no ugliness, no racism, no, you know, it would not be some sort of you know Mika Brazinski's fever dream of what a conservative place would be. Everybody would get their constitutional rights and by god, we would enforce that and if you break anybody's rights, we break your neck. But anyway, I would so love to conduct that experiment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would like to see it play out. Also, so she finishes up, my son got sent to the office and received a citation for running on the playground. So there's that issue that's mostly to do with lawyers and the way our court system works and juries. So I don't even know what to do about that because the school would tell you. Look, I think it's freaking stupid too, But we are just told we're going to lose our insurance policy if we let kids run in the school in school and get to anybody gets hurt. So what are you going to do so that? I hate that for that's own thing, then you have this different topic. The school also told the kids they are no longer allowed to play kickball because the kids spent so much time arguing about the kids cheating. Way to teach the kids, not how to work through conflict. That's not the lawyers or the insurance company. That's the We think conflict is always bad, and so we're going to solve the conflict by not letting them play. They do this at my kid's school too. Like when I was a kid, a lot of us would bring our own nerve, football, our own ball or bat or whatever. You're not allowed to bring any sporting equipment because one kids might fight over it, or you might have a nicer football than the other kid does, and that'd make them feel bad and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: I know. We're doomed, Katie, We're doomed as a society.
Speaker 2: So they have a limited number they have a limited number of balls, and there's like three and whoever gets to him first gets to play during recess with him, and nobody else gets.
Speaker 6: To Okay, I apologize for taking it back to this place. But so all of this is going on. But these kids can decide to identify as something else or right all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly, you can. You can change into a different sex, a secret be can't run in the yard.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you can make moves to mess them up hormonally for the rest of their lives.
Speaker 4: But don't you run on that wet grass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty amazing that those two things are happening at the same time.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: Speaking of which, and here's a preview of a screed you'll hear on the air in the next day or two. There are some fairly high profile lawsuits that are going to go the right way against the gender bending, cruel experiments on kid's crowd. They're going to bring him to their knees and we need more and more and more of that. These And I don't mean to seem like I'm gloating because it's tragedy, but some of the victims of these ideological lunatics are starting to move into adulthood and realize what's been done to them and are not happy about it. It can't happen.
Speaker 1: Fast enough, Jack Armstrong and Joe Fretty The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 3: Before we get to the great Tony Bennett National Treasure, I'm told this is Roger Waters of the Pink Floyd as they were known in London, with a new version of his classic from Dark Side of the Moon Money, Michael Money. Wow, you're right. It is kind of Leonard cohenesque.
Speaker 2: Yuh more may and you Okay.
Speaker 3: That's a great song. It's kind of a weird version of it. You know, Roger Waters is ancient and nuts.
Speaker 2: Can we just acknowledge that he sounds like he's gonna kill me in my sleep?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 2: What is he going for?
Speaker 3: Cash? If he knew your politics, he probably would. Okay, I suppose that's enough of that. That's weirdly appealing. Honestly, Look, he's a brilliant artist. He's always been all kind of quirky. Now he's ancient nuts. It doesn't diminish what he's done. I don't hate him for it. He's wrong about a lot of stuff. But you know, if you're a conservative and Jack, I'm sure you'd agree, Katie, anybody if you eliminated all of your favorite creative artists because their politics were wacky, it would leave you with a fairly narrow range of things to listen to, right.
Speaker 2: Sure we should shut.
Speaker 3: Up about it, though, Yeah, he could do that, except for I guess country music is the bastion of at least some conservatism. I don't listen to much modern country. If you were to like take a wild guest jacket, it's a political orientation like percentage wise or however you want to.
Speaker 2: Put on such a lot of musicians, I still would bet it's overwhelming left, overwhelmingly left leaning, I would.
Speaker 3: Guess, hmm, yeah, Well, or do they just act like that so that they don't get canceled?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: They probably know. You got to keep it to yourself. As the guitar player with Miranda Lambert who voted for Bernie Sanders, I'm sure I don't know that, but I mean, I'm sure you'd have to keep it to yourself. I'm sure you pick up on that pretty quickly.
Speaker 3: But a lot of those like pickup truck, I'm a best girl by the lake drinking beer. That strikes me as kind of maga ish. I don't have any idea, Yeah, which is fine when I was there in my pickup truck. I never had a pickup truck with my best girl by the lake. It may have been by lake, yes, by Lake Michigan, drinking beer, check and make it out, et cetera. It's funny. Our politics didn't come up, so who cares anyway. Speaking of ancient singers, the great Tony Bennett has passed. Perhaps you heard that five hundred times overrated. I thought he was fine, that's exactly. He had a long career, and he had a really, really long career. It's like Tina Turner, who was amazingly talented, especially in her younger days, but it became one of those things where the longer she lived. Oh and she had a great story of courage and overcoming abuse and the rest of it. I'm not demeaning her as a person or a performer at all, but if you're around long enough, you get like this sainthood thing put on.
Speaker 2: Here's why I don't like Tony Bennett and Katie, You're you're no enough to the show. You don't know. It's kind of my thing to say negative things about people who just passed, which really makes people angry.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, wow, Jack too soon.
Speaker 3: I just beg him let a day go by. But no, I gotta stick in the knife.
Speaker 2: I don't know why that is. I just I need to point it out the day they die. I just thought I just said it was so weak. Tony Bennett, you we know you left your heart in San Francisco. We've known that quirre quite a few decades. Just do something, do something else. Just quit quit with that all the time. Well, a lot of my favorite arts, you have a big hit when you're younger, and then you move on to completely different things, maybe like reinvent yourself completely, not just do the same freaking thing over and over and over every show you're ever on until you're too old.
Speaker 3: But walk what ever. He became a painter. He's a pretty good painter.
Speaker 2: But good for him.
Speaker 3: Again, if you want to hear him warble the old songs or team up with Lady Gaga, go ahead. It's just a whole Oh my god, Tony Bennett. Oh my god, he's such a such a legend. It's like he's a singer. It's fine, he's a good singer, but that's all he is. Was he a nice fella? Tell me about it?
Speaker 6: What do you do all these people that when there's a celebrity death, their day gets ruined like they personally knew them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's pretty hard for me. That doesn't happen very often with me. What was I going to say? What he died from time?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay, being ancient, Yeah, yeah, Michael tells us that, let's see, this is a he was on the first Tonight Show episode. Let's hear that clip number five.
Speaker 5: There's one of the great singers in the world. I think Frank Sinatrom once said about Tony, he is the greatest singer in the world. And he was a guest of mine on the very first show we did October one, nineteen sixty two, out of New.
Speaker 3: York from New York Show Johnny, Johnny's.
Speaker 5: Guest Tonight or John Robert Ruddy Valley.
Speaker 3: Tony mel Rock. You remember the very first show?
Speaker 5: Yeah, very well.
Speaker 3: It was a great exciting night like Tonight.
Speaker 5: It was, you know, you were on the show with the late Joan Crawford, Rudy Valley and mel Brooks.
Speaker 3: Mel Brooks, it seems like a long time ago. It was a long time ago. And is uh six just part of that, Michael, Or is that different? I know it's different, just Larry King. Oh, I'm sorry it has.
Speaker 1: I've gained four notes on the bottom and thank god I'm sixty six, but the top.
Speaker 3: No losses on the top. The great Tony Bennett.
Speaker 5: We're gonna pause, mister Bennett, the singer singers, so not to call him the best.
Speaker 3: I mean he lived forever.
Speaker 2: That's interesting. So I got older and he got the ability to sing lower notes but didn't lose any of us high end.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that was a thing. Good for good for him. He's a good singer. I've conceded that.
Speaker 2: Johnny Carson in nineteen sixty two.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Wow. The only defense I can make of being like sad when ah a celebrity passes if you're especially I mean, if you really really admired them and thought they had more to do and or that. It's just sometimes it's a slap in the face that reminds you of mortality, right or in the Third, although I tend not to like wallow around in Nostalgia's just not the way I'm made. Although you know I have no right to, I guess criticize people who do. But sometimes it reminds you of what I was discussing with my daughter over the weekend. We had a bit of a family reunion. I talked on the air about my brother's retirement ceremony from the Navy, and my daughter was talking about going back to the town she grew up in and seeing that the park they used to hang up with hang out in rather is now surrounded by apartment buildings, and it didn't used to be in that beautiful hillside is now a parking lot, and the past isn't there anymore. And sometimes you're reminded of that, and because you have this weird feeling that all you have to do is go back and visit it. Anybody who's ever gone to a class reunion knows that the past ain't there anymore. It's gone. And sometimes when one of your beloved you know, artists or creative artists or whatever from your youth goes, you realize that's that's right, my youth is gone. And Nate coming back.
Speaker 2: Ever, can you come up with a celebrity whose death would affect you, like really affect would or has either?
Speaker 3: When when Neil Pierre, the drummer from Rush and Lyricists, died, I knew that band was dead forever and one of the great musicians ever on earth was gone. And I thought, oh crap. I mean, it's not like I was devastated. It was just sad.
Speaker 2: Oh crap. It's not the same as like like our old newsperson. She once said that if Madonna dies, I will have to take the next day off of work.
Speaker 6: Right, That's the reaction that I was kind of going with, like the people that go straight to the internet and post, oh god, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not big on making a show of my grief either, But no, I don't think so. I mean, I'm thinking about my musical heroes because they don't particularly give a damn about actors. I mean, they're really good at their jobs, but I don't think they're saints either. No, my greatest musical heroes, if they pass, I'll just be sad and think, you know, that's too bad.
Speaker 2: Who's what's the name of the you know what I mean? Vern guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was the one that hit me. Jim Varney. Jim Jim Earnest Arnest What Ernest? Was that his character?
Speaker 4: That's his character?
Speaker 3: Yeah, right right, the great. Let me try this again. We can edit this and post the Great Jim Ernest Varney. His passing was devastating.
Speaker 2: Can you come up with one Katie celebrity that would affect you?
Speaker 6: I think well, the one that the one that I really I was sad about was Robin Williams. That one was brutal because I mean I grew up my mom and I told you the Hello from Missus, doubtfire and stuff like that, So I mean I grew up with those movies.
Speaker 4: That one, That one hit.
Speaker 3: Well, and he was young and his death was was terrible.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So on a human level, yeah, Okay, I'm trying to think anybody else. I mean Jack, I mean, if you but that would be more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean if you guys died, that would be a bummer.
Speaker 2: On a number of levels, more of a practical difficulty.
Speaker 3: Gavin Newsom has prayed for that, but has so far unfulfilled. Nope, No, I would be sad like if speaking of Rush if Geedty Lee died it was one of my greatest musical heroes. That would be very sad, but I'll go on, I'll still show up for work.
Speaker 2: I wonder if that does coincide with views of the world. I'll bet it does. I'll bet it does too. I mean, the other the flip side of it, sure sounds right, the lefty worship of well musicians and writers and actors, And you don't tend to if you're more conservative in your politics. You don't tend to worship these people in the first place. So you kind of have to worship in the first place to have to get super busted up when they die.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, are you a rationalist or an emotionalist? And emotions are good and healthy, and obviously you need to be rational, But I think some people are one or the other. I've always said that. One of the reasons I'm so adamant about not letting emotionalists take over government and the Constitution and the courts and the rest of it is I'm enough of one to know how crazy that would be if the rationalist part of us loses control. Were doomed. Like I always say, compassion without order is chaos. In order without compassion is brutality. We don't want either one of those.
Speaker 1: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty. The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 3: Used to be that the moron nobody's of the world. Didn't have a TV studio, didn't have a broadcast tower, didn't have a distribution deal. But now everybody does, which is actually kind of entertaining at times, and some fabulous talent is you know, come to people's attention. On the other hand, you got your TikTok where jackasses and freaks and weirdos of every description are sharing their freak azoid weird onness with you, and often it's annoying, sometimes it's amusing, sometimes it's educational. I haven't heard this one yet, Michael has described it to us. Does it need any introduction? Really, Michael? Actually, I'm not familiar with this club, are you not?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: Did you find this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: This is one of mine.
Speaker 1: Not really.
Speaker 4: She's just walking through a neighborhood, runing her mouth.
Speaker 3: And she's from Australia. Apparently. All right, let's listen to it.
Speaker 8: I'm just gonna say it. There are too many American flags, Like they're in houses, they're on cars, someone on couch cushions, like I don't know who's making these American flags, but they'd be making a bloody fortune. I'm like, you're the only country that I know that does this. Like the other time I think I've ever see an Australian flag is like on the Harbor Bridge. Could not tell you what it looks like. Like, I know it's like blue and it's got some stars on it. But I think I could draw the American flag from memory, Like I think I could make a bloody sculpture out of it. That's how many times I've seen it. It's enough. Let's pull back on it, Okay, let's stay humble.
Speaker 3: So I'm torn by twin impulses. Number one, you're an ignorant amus. You're the young twit with a TikTok account. Why would I dignify your stupidity with any sort of response. She got kicked in the head bag kangaroo. Yeah, well played, Michael. So that's one of my responses. And that's about run fifty to fifty with explaining to her sweetheart, you're a commonwealth of the Crown and Australia has some reasonably enlightened twentyieth century Western ideas In it, and that's a nice enough cut through. There are problems with your governance. But I don't want to get into Australian politics, partly because I don't give up. But what you need to understand, my Aussie darling, is that the United States is the first country ever formed not on a nationality, like an actual you know, a community of people of the same origin or faith or whatever. It was founded on a set of ideas, and it succeeded wildly and became the most important country maybe in the history of the world, the Roman Empire, notwithstanding they lasted for quite a while, but certainly in the modern ear And we're super duper proud of not only our success but our ideas. We feel like we've carved out a big, giant area where the worst of humanity can't do its worst. We're oppressors and kings and torturers and despots. We don't let them in here. We have a set of principles and we live by them, and everybody's got the opportunity to be happy and successful. Australia is great, but it's nothing close to what we're talking about. And I would suggest if people aren't like super proud of Australia, they're kind of just eh, well that that kind of that's the answer that makes the question irrelevant. Y'all don't care? We do. Why don't you spend a couple of minutes figuring out why we all care so much? Why a lot of us care so much? Right?
Speaker 6: And if you think about her mentality behind making that video, she obviously thought that she had a point, right, that she wanted to get out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my advice to her, don't use like every third word.
Speaker 6: Why does like America have like so many like bloody flags like like like like like like like I don't love ear blood.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want to call for the silencing of people in their teens and early twenties, certainly speaking of the principles by which we live here, First Amendment, etc. Woof.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's a high horse Joe.
Speaker 3: On the other hand, as I've said before, perhaps even in my own offspring, Okay, you just walked into the giant, vast shopping mall of ideas. You're literally in the lobby, and you're explaining to me what all the best ideas are. How about you walk around the mall for a few years try some of those ideas, Kick them around, see how they work out. Maybe even walk to the other end of the mall and back before you start lecturing people who've lived in the mall for a long time.
Speaker 4: I like that a lot. I like that a lot.
Speaker 3: Of course, the mall of ideas is shut down because everybody's shopping for their ideas on the internet. Got Amazon, Yeah, exactly, exactly, so many bloody flags like Marxists, shrimp on the Barbie eaten. I'm sorry, I should I apologize.
Speaker 6: Yeah, look at Australia, what do you guys have a lot of bloody spiders and bugs that make people not even want to visit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like literally, like the most animals like that can kill you, like of any country on like Earth. Seriously, look at the Crocodile Hunter r ip I always hated it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I always hated the Crocodile Dundee movies as well.
Speaker 3: Remember those.
Speaker 4: By the way, have you seen his son?
Speaker 6: His son is a miniature version of him doing the exact same thing that his dad was doing. Total nature conservation and whatnot, but a twin. It's amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they ran the daughter up the flagpole for a while, and I don't know if she didn't catch on or didn't like it much or whatever. But yeah, the sun is the spitting image of the late dad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the daughter went off.
Speaker 6: She had she got married and had a family and whatnot, so she kind of went out of the limelight. But the son, Robert is his name, Oh.
Speaker 3: Bloody amazing, like right with his face right up next to some sort of pit viper and all, and.
Speaker 4: It bites him like, oh that's fun.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I wonder why that happened. Typical lossy. I'm back to being bitter.
Speaker 1: The Armstrong and Getty Show. Yeah, Moore, Jack, more Joe podcasts, and our hotlinks.