Speaker 1: Well, the All Star break coming almost to a conclusion. Baseball will be back in the second half here very shortly with the Orioles in Houston. But today on Birdland Territory, it's a first for us. It's a Birdland Territory mail bag show. We asked you, guys and gals to send in some questions, and you did so without further ado. Let's get to their questions right away and Steve, Tim and Brad will answer him as best we can on this edition of Birdland Territory. Guido, I bet he's not Polish guy like me. He asked, who do they call to replace Blaze? Now we mentioned on a recent show, and by the time people see this they may have already called someone for all we know. So if they have, forgive us. But as we tape it, they haven't philled bet yet. We mentioned Christian and Carnassi on Strand, who's hit with pop in his brief big league time in Cincinnati, is having a big year, swinging at a triple A. He is on the Oriels forty man roster and guys, that's all all almost always important when they make a call up, And of course the caveat here is at the trade deadline, they could trade for someone someone the other team is a backup somewhere else, and maybe they like him a lot. Hey, what guys, what thoughts do you guys have on this one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kind of think I don't know if it's gonna be Steve. It might be the guy you just mentioned. He might come up to the big leagues, but I don't know if it's gonna be on an everyday basis, like Blaze was playing. I think if anything, they're gonna use the guys they have and just kind of Kobe, like, have Kobe play more at third base, and Jackson Holliday is pretty much gonna get every day at second and maybe they pledge Jeremiah Jackson at third base. I think he has a little bit of third base experience. So I don't know if it's gonna be a trade. I don't know if it's gonna be anybody from Triple A. I just think they might use the roster they have now, and we've kind of mentioned early on in the season it's kind of who they got right now is who they got, and there's not a ton of depth really at the Triple A level to kind of bring up somebody to replace a guy like Blaze. I don't know if there's many utility guys that they have, so to me, I just kind of feel like they're gonna it's just gonna be more playing time for guys on the roster, and I think that could be a good thing.
Speaker 3: I think the guys they have right now can win games.
Speaker 2: And yes, it's gonna be tough to replace the at bats and the approach that Blaze has, but I feel like with the guys that they have, they're gonna be able to get enough production that they don't need to go outside the organization. That's just what I think is gonna happen. And you guys might have a little bit more insight than I'm seeing or have.
Speaker 4: I would definitely be surprised if they swing this big trade to bring in, you know, an everyday third baseman. I do kind of side with more of what you're saying, Brad, whether it's bringing up Ankarnazi on Strand or I doubt they do it at this point because and I didn't like it when they were even trying it, but they did try Jackson Holiday at third base when they were you know, having him during the rehab assignment. I'm assuming that's well beyond at this point. Jeremiah Jackson's definitely an option there, but ultimately they need to at least get to a point at third base where it's.
Speaker 5: More of a platoon.
Speaker 4: Kobe Mayo is going to start at third base every single time a left handed pitcher is up there, because he matches left handed pitching.
Speaker 5: But he's just probably not at the point where he.
Speaker 4: Can play every day at third base defensively and also with the bat because he's really struggled against right handed pitching. I expect a move to be made, it's just maybe expectations need to be tempered on who they're going to acquire if they do.
Speaker 1: It's a mailbag show on this edition of Birdland Territory from Maryland, ed three point fifteen, and you guys wrote questions on our YouTube comments section, which we appreciate all the comments we've been getting. By the way, there's really are great, so keep them coming. And some of some of us out saw that he's on Twitter. So Tim, what two to three words best describe the Orioles year so far?
Speaker 4: Frustrating A roller coaster ride. I guess that's three words. A frustrating roller coaster ride. Maybe it's it's up and down. And we were talking on Sunday's episode, guys, how all right four.
Speaker 3: Game winning streak, like is this it is this going to get them going?
Speaker 4: And we've seen this before, the you know, winning that series at LA at the Dodgers. They're one of the best teams in all of baseball, the best team in all of baseball, and then you drop that series against the Angels, who were tied with the Royals for the worst.
Speaker 5: Record in the American League.
Speaker 4: So it's it's just been frustrating and you keep waiting for you know, Gunner to get going and so many of these guys, but I keep going back to saying, sustain success like that, that's what has been lacking from this team. We've seen individual performances, we've seen even individual series, Steve, you mentioned it the other day, like they swept the Rays, they won a series against the Yankees, they won a series at the Dodgers. Like see, these are some of the best teams in all of baseball, but it just hasn't been seen on a consistent basis, whether it's the offense, certainly the defense, that the starting pitching which has been great of late over the past month and a half the Bullpen. It's just they haven't been able to put it all together for a prolonged period of time.
Speaker 1: What do you say, Brad?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tim, I agree, and I'm going to go extremely positive on this. I'm going to go still in it because at this point they still are.
Speaker 3: So it's as frustrating.
Speaker 2: As this season has been, Yeah, it could be that exciting in the second half, just because the American League, nobody wants to do anything. They don't want to get, you know, gain some ground on anybody else. So as frustrating as it all has been, I still believe this team has the pieces that they need to win and at this point they're still in it. So I'm going to go with still in it at this point. And it's been It has definitely been everything you said. Roller coaster rider is a great way to describe it. But yeah, they're still alive and that's all you can really ask for heading into July and close to the trade deadline here is that this team still has a chance. They still have the guys that we thought could make the playoffs, so why not then why not the be their second half here and kind of take it by the reins and go and make the playoffs.
Speaker 3: You just never know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that a lot, but I'm going to go back to negative town and say very disappointed. But you know, just we just look at the preseason expectations. Man, people were thinking this team could win the East. National pundits were saying it's a four team race. They left Tampa Bay out, Tampa Base on top of the division, you know their things. So this has just been really disappointing for the Orioles. That doesn't mean it's not salvageable. We've discussed that on previous show that we ended the first half on a pretty high note. On this show, excited to see a four game winning streak, pointing out how crucial it is ow of the break as they're playing direct contenders for that wild card.
Speaker 4: Spond him, and it's worth mentioning again, like we've seen so many of these instances of teams the first one hundred games, the Orioles are ninety seven.
Speaker 5: Where it's an extreme disappointment.
Speaker 4: Guys, go back to last year, the Tigers looked like they were going to run away with the Central and then the Guardians roaring back and even the Tigers from a couple of years ago where they have one of the most improbable comebacks to make the playoffs and MLB history and selling at the deadline and Steve, that was one of your bold predictions, you know in the last episode that we did. Possibly selling a Taylor Ward and a Trevor Rodgers and still making the playoffs. It is possible because, like we were saying in the trade deadline episode, it's going to take the guys that are on this team. I understand fans wanting big moves to be made and this savior to come in and save this team, but ultimately, if they're able to change this narrative, change how we view this season, it's going to be on the twenty six guys that are on the active roster right now.
Speaker 1: It's a mail bag edition on Birdland Territory. Our first certainly won't be our last. We love all the comments we've been getting, so keep subscribing to our YouTube channel, follow us on the podcast networks. Those of you. You know a lot of people they're driving to work, they go on Apple or Spotify and they listen to the show. So we're glad for that too. Love all the comments we're getting as you guys are keeping our channel humming. So man, we really appreciate how Birdland has found Birdland territory, and we got more of your questions coming up.
Speaker 4: We're in the middle of the all third break, but it's always a good time to plan an outing at a ballpark. Are you heading to Houston the CEOs play this weekend. Well, make sure you buy your tickets to the game on seat geek. With over thirty five million downloads, seat geek is the number one rated ticketing app. There are more than seventy thousand events listed on seat geek, including concerts, sports, festivals, and more. We're past the halfway point of MLB season. The World Cup is winding down. We're getting closer to training camps beginning for football. I love using seat geek. I used it over the last weekend for the Futures game in Philly. I got a fantastic deal on a set of tickets to that game. Thanks to seat geek. They had my back, They're gonna have years. Each ticket is rated on a scale of one to ten, so you know you're getting a good deal. Just make sure you look for those green dots green means good, red means bad. Plus every ticket is backed by their buyer guarantee. And of course we have a code they help you guys out. You can use code Territory ten for ten percent off your next set of MLB tickets at Sea Geek. That's ten percent off any MLB tickets with promo code Territory ten. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app and have the code automatically added to your accounts so you can use it later.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Seek all right, Tim, appreciate that. Let me hit some right buttons here. Uh well, we throw three or four clicks at Steve Man. You got a real chance for an issue. So let's get this back on the back on the channels here and keep rolling Berland Territory our mail bag show. And on we go with the next one from doctor Schiz. The Schiz says, who are the other people there to report to and support Michae Elias and the upcoming deadline decisions? Now I'll throw out a bunch of names, many of which you've heard. Top lieutenants to Elias of course, includes sig Mydell and Ebrosenbaum. They've been with the Ools for years. In the last year or two, Brandon Forney was promoted to assistant channel manager. So I think a three men and woman, it's maybe four. Now I'll throw out a name. Danny hass As a special assistant with the Oriols, special assistant to Michael Olias. Very well respected, longtime scout in the game. This is his second tour with the Orioles. I don't see him much around Camden Yards, but I know he's working around the game. And I'll say I'll throw these guys out too. What about Adam Jones and Cal Ripken. They are employed by the team and they are assistants to Elias. And what about Mike Schult You've got a former major league manager on staff. Now we've talked about him working with player development, but there's a respected opinion on a player, on a move, on anything. Michael las can pick up one phone and they go back to a long way. So, guys, I used to try a poll of names there. Who knows the names they rely on the most. It's funny baseball. You can look at media guides and if you just go by the order they list the names. Sometimes you think that's the priority of but it's the twelfth guy listed might be the real key guy for the GM. So you never completely knows what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 4: Well, I think ultimately it takes a village in any MLB front office, right And I'm sure, Look, there's some gms for some teams that are maybe more dictator like and this is my decision, and I'm gonna go with my decision, and that's that. But if there's something that we've learned over now this year eight of Michael Isias's tenure, as you know, GM President of Baseball Operations, over the past year or two, they keep everything close to the vest man. There is not many leaks. There is not much like when a move happens. That's typically when it happens. You don't get too much foreshadowing where there's some front offices that play the game and they leak some things out to the media Jeff Passing and so on and so forth. But I just keep thinking how interesting this deadline is going to be for so many different things where the Orioles are right there, but they have to jump a lot of teams, and Michael Oias, he says that he would do what's best for the organization. Moving forward and not just worrying about his job security. But there's just so many layers to this trade deadline.
Speaker 2: Brad, Yeah, it is, and like I think, like Steve said, it's at the end of the day, the decision will come down to Elias. I think he'll okay, but he's got who knows how many people helping him out to get all the information that he needs and to run all these simulations and all this kind of stuff. I'd be curious to see, with the National League being so top heavy, if one of these teams, like Steve's bold prediction, they trade Trevor Rodgers if they don't get a young starter who's on one of these National League rotations right now that is not maybe not established, but he's in the rotation right now, and he comes over to Baltimore and there is years of control. But they need a top guy, which Trevor Rodgers is showed here. It'd be interesting to see if they could get a starting piece back that could slot into the rotation right now and maybe has four or five years of control and kind of has is not a guy in the minor leagues, but it's a guy who's right there ready to kind of run with a leeway on the big league roster. I think that could be something that would be interesting, just because the National League looks like it's going to come down to a top couple teams. I think the American League's going to be tough to make a trade because there's so many teams there that you don't want to give somebody else an advantage. So I just I think if you look at the National League, I think something could come from there.
Speaker 3: And like we said, it.
Speaker 2: Could be who knows what team is going to be or what guy it's going to be, but I think that could definitely be something to look at here for the deadline totally.
Speaker 4: And Steve, i'd like your perspective on this as well, because we haven't mentioned this. Scouts, you know, scouts out there possibly scouting players. Just how important is that, Steve? You see them in the press box.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very important. And you know, I think the Orioles are some fans. I think they're just a spreadsheet organization. You know, they split some data out and they make a call, and that's probably somewhat true. I know in the draft they have their draft model and they heavily rely on that and that's a data driven thing. That's how they do it, that's what they believe in. But I think Elias's background was an area of scout. That's how he started for the Saint Louis Cardinals back of the day scouting this region. He spent times in ballparks than Frederick and Bowie when he wasn't working for the Oriels scouting players. So I got to believe that that's still a trusted voice. The scouting department has dwindled all over baseball, including in Baltimore, and I don't like that trend. And the other thing is you can look at a hierarchy of a team and see a guy's name as scouting and they'll say he's amateur scout. And I'll run into the guy on the road in Houston and he'll say, oh, I've been scouting pro for the last two months. So you just never know what they're having guys do. They're employees of the Orioles, and Elias may say, I need you to go watch the Saint Louis Cardinals for a month and I trust your opinion. And then a lot this time of year with trade deadline, sometimes media looks who's or the scouts are in the stands, you know, and they try to match it up. Oh, a met scout's been following the Orioles for the last ten days. What does that mean? It might mean nothing at all, So we just don't know. It's really it's a fascinating game. I guess it's one of a million reasons why we love it. So mail back question from Charles what moves do you guys think Elias will make? If it's a trade, who do you think we would target? That's a hard one to answer specific names. Maybe, I don't know what do you guys have any thoughts on that, whether it's a name or what position or an aspect of the team. Maybe.
Speaker 4: I think Brad brought up a great point, where can this sort of be like a buying and selling thing? You trade a Trevor Rodgers who's only have a couple months left of his contract before hitting free agency?
Speaker 5: Can you get more of a control aible guy that is in the.
Speaker 4: Majors at that point, are on the cusp of making the majors, And if the Orioles end up going that direction, I think outfield is definitely big. Taylor Ward obviously a looming free agent, we'll see if he ends up getting traded at This third base situation is interesting now, but I'm sort of looking outfield bullpen teams can always use bullpen help at this time of year, but a controllable starter is is definitely something that this organization would covin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think it's you know, you can look for no further than the Dodgers and the Phillies right now.
Speaker 3: I mean win now organizations.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers are win now and forever, it feels like, but the Phillies especially are just a win now.
Speaker 3: They have guys that are.
Speaker 2: You know, towards the twilights of their career, still very good players, but they're towards the twilight, and it's they want to win a.
Speaker 3: Championship, and they're one or two pieces away.
Speaker 2: And I think they would love to have a Trevor Rodgers and who knows, maybe Trevor Rodgers tailor award or package together and they go somewhere to somewhere in the National League and you get a couple of young players.
Speaker 3: Like I said, maybe there's one major league ready player, maybe.
Speaker 2: Guy in Triple A, maybe a guy that's back and forth between Triple A and the major leagues, But I don't think it necessarily has to be a sell off when you when you look at trading these guys, I don't know if it will necessarily have to go down as the Orioles selling. It could be getting rid of some players for next year's team or something along those lines, because it's just at this point, to me, it just doesn't make sense to call this a sell if they decide to trade, because you have all the pieces that you want to win, if not this year, next year.
Speaker 3: And it's just it's just it's a tough spot.
Speaker 2: I feel like they're in because it's not a complete sell off unless out of nowhere they decide the trade adlye to me, that would indicate to sell off.
Speaker 3: But I just can't imagine that happening.
Speaker 2: At this point, especially with the way this weekend when and the timeframe is getting so short here that it's it's going to be definitely interesting to see how plays off. I don't know exactly what players they would target or what positions, but to me, I just feel like, if there's something that can help this team win now but moving into next year, I just feel like it's something you need to really consider and look at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's a good point about you know, if you're trading a big enough name that brings multiple players back, it could be one of those players is immediate help, a bullpen piece for instance. A second could be a double a pitcher who's a year or two away you like a lot. A third could be a Dominican summer league player who's five years away as a kid you've scouted for a couple of years and you really like. So, I mean, there's a lot of ways this can work. And that deal is that deal brings you players for today, tomorrow, and five years from tomorrow. So a lot of interesting trades can happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sort of thinking back, Steve, what was it twenty twenty four when the Orioles traded Austin Hayes to the Phillies. I can't remember if that was for Mingez or Soto, but it was one of those two relievers because they were both on the Phillies at that point, and one other minor move. Now, obviously that Orioles twenty twenty four team ended up making the playoffs and they were true buyers, but the point being they still traded a major league player in Austin Hayes to help augment an area of their team, the bullpen in that case exactly.
Speaker 1: It's our mailbag show on Birdland Territory. More of your questions coming right up.
Speaker 6: This episode is brought to you by FanDuel Baseball Fans. The MLB season is in full swing, and FanDuel is giving you a chance to call your shot with Daily Dingers. Joining the action is easy. Just make your free pick on who's hitting a home run in their game, and if you're right, you'll get a profit boost to use on your next bet for a chance at extra winnings. It's just another reason why FanDuel is the home of home runs. So are you ready to play your game? Head over to FanDuel dot com slash podcast to get started. That's FanDuel dot com slash podcast. To opt in for Daily Dingers, make your free pick on who's hitting a homer playball Swing for the Fences on FanDuel, an official partner of Major League Baseball. No purchase necessary, opt in required, bonus issued does non withdrawable profit boost tokens. Restrictions apply, including any token expiration and max wager amount. See terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot Com gambling problem caller tex one eight hundred gambler.
Speaker 1: It's our mailbag show in Birdland's territory. We roll in here with James question he felt in the game the last game before the break Blames Alexander was ticked off because he was quick pitched by Earth Sag so he couldn't get out of the way of the pitch, and asked, Brad, how do you feel about quick pitching? First of all, do you think that happened there with Ursach?
Speaker 2: He definitely was mixing you a quick pitch. I don't know exactly if it was on that particular pitch, but I know hitters don't like it, and I get it from their perspective. But at the same time, as a pitcher, these guys now with the big legs, I'm not willing to just be a batting practice picture up there and let you take your huge leg kick and take your huge swing on a pitch that's in the zone. And I have two stories in particular that I used a quick pitch and it was JJ Hardy played with Prince.
Speaker 3: Fielder, came up with him through the Brewers.
Speaker 2: System, and he told me he's like he absolutely hates it, like it pisses him off and he can't stand it. So I had a chance to do it to him in Texas when he was with the Rangers. After I got done doing it. For those of fans, I don't know who Prince Fielder is, He's like a bear. The guy was gigantic, and it was the last guy I think I wanted to piss off. But I knew when I got to two strikes if I did it, JJ was like, you will get a swing and to miss and he's going to be pissed.
Speaker 3: So I did a quick pitch change up to him.
Speaker 2: It was in the dirt, and he just took like a half swing and he just kind of stared at me after and I think it was the end the inning, and I just walked off the mound because it was like I knew he was not going to be happy.
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 2: They think it's kind of a trick thing that pictures do, and it's like a kind of a BS thing that pictures do. But for me, it was more I used it on quick pitch change up and I had pitching coaches who told me, if you're gonna do it, don't necessarily do it on a fastball, because yes, it messes up their timing. But if you do a quick pitch, they think you're throwing fastball, so you get ready for something that's hard, you throwing something soft and they can't possibly be ready for it. I did the Chase Utley also. I was told he hates it also, and he gave me the same type of swing, and it was just it's like two guys who were, you know, one of the two of the better hitters during the time when I was coming up, and it was fun to use against them. But I so, I don't really know what I'm trying to say. I like it from a pictures perspective, and I used it at times, But is it kind of a BS kind of trick pitch thing. It is, but it's all about messing up timing, and I just feel like, especially in today's game, that's really what it's all about, is just trying to mess up hitters timing with the highlight kicks and the big swings that they take. If you're able to mess up their timing just a little bit, it's really hard for them to catch up to Ersac throwing ninety eight. I just feel like if you're a pitcher that's gonna do it, you got to throw over the plate because that the whole point is to get a swing in the miss.
Speaker 3: It's not to just get a take.
Speaker 2: And I think and if he did quick pitch there with the fastball, it's got to be over the plate when you do it because hitters don't have time to react and they're they're messed up.
Speaker 3: They're trying to get their timing right.
Speaker 2: And if that was the case, I could see Blaze being super pissed because he.
Speaker 3: Wasn't ready to get out of the way. And if it did that was the case, then it's unfortunate that it did cause the injury.
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 5: Le's magnified?
Speaker 4: Maybe now Brad, we don't have the pitch clock, or excuse me, the now that we do have the pitch clock, is quick pitching less of a deal.
Speaker 2: You would say, I haven't seen it as much. I haven't seen guys do it a ton. I think a lot of times too. With the way mechanics are with pitchers, they can get out of whack so quick now, and everybody's trying to go max effort on every single pitch that they throw, whether they're a starter or reliever that I feel like the quick pitch has kind of gone a little bit out of the game, just because I feel like pitchers are so in tune with how they move and all this stuff. To me, it was kind of just get it and throw it. And I was a quick pitcher, as it was like quick in between pitches. As it was so the quick the clock wouldn't have messed me up. But I know some guys are so intuned with what they're doing that I have not seen it as much. But Ersak was definitely someone I've seen even the previous series, he liked to use a quick pitch just to kind of mess up timing. So I think with the quick with the pitch clock, I think it has kind of gone out of the game a little bit.
Speaker 1: That might have led to Blaze's disappointment here. Not just so he got hit, but like you just said, if you're going to quick pitch, throw it over.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So he got a quick pitched and you're not completely set and he got hit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that was that was what the pitching coaches that told me to do it. They said, if you're gonna do it, you got to throw it over the plate because you're not trying. It doesn't help you if you throw it for a ball, so it or like a pitch that's completely out of the zone and you're not gonna get a swing because the whole point is to get a swing on it, because it's either going to be a bad swing or it's gonna be a swing and a miss.
Speaker 3: So it's that was the whole point of it. And I could see why.
Speaker 2: Blaize was pissed because if you're gonna do that to mess up my timing, throw it over the plate, because I'm already messed up as it is. When you missed that far inside, you don't give him a chance to really do much because everything is off their timing, their rhythm, everything, and it's just it complicates things a lot.
Speaker 1: Good friend of mine, Steve Stewart, I work with in Baltimore Radio, is one of the broadcasters for many years for the Royals. He texted me Sunday night to basically say, the coaches were surprised that Blaze got hurt. They all thought he got hit of the arm. They didn't know he got hit in the hand. They thought he was gonna be okay. He hit his shoulder or armed something high and tight, but that ball got through to the hand and they were surprised and their sack. I don't think was throwing intentionally. I don't think therein that either, but just disappointed at the injury. And so the Royals were surprised to learn where he got hit and that he got hurt, and they were not happy about it either. I mean, no one wants to see a player having a great year miss time. You know, players drought the game feel for that. Yeah, so Brad, Tim had a good question earlier for you, is.
Speaker 5: My male bad question?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tim version.
Speaker 4: Yes, Well, obviously, we we did a prior episode a week or so ago detailing your All Star experience. Brad, what did you do you know during the All Star break when you were not in the game, and then what did you know the majority of your teammates do Are you just getting away from the game, like you don't even want to see your baseball?
Speaker 5: Or how would you handle the All Star break? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I might have been a little bit different.
Speaker 2: A lot of a lot of baseball players when they get away, they don't want to talk about baseball, they don't want to watch baseball. They kind of want to get away. But for me, I always enjoyed watching the home run derby even as a kid. So I'd go home, and Monday was really like my true true off day. I'd go and kind of we rented bullets and went out on the lake. I just you know, hung out around a pool, got together with some of the guys that I knew that were in the Nashville area. That's where i'd go for All Star Break a lot of time, So a lot of times just go back there and kind of take Monday completely off, and then Tuesday, I just wanted to move my body around at least throw, So Tuesday I'd go and throw, and then kind of Wednesday, I was back back into it, kind of got to work out in and did my throwing, but still give myself the rest of the day to enjoy. But I'd watch the horun derby on Monday, and then Tuesday I necessarily would watch the full game, but especially if I had teammates that were in the game, I wanted to watch them and see how they did and just kind of, you know, enjoy the game as a fan because it is a if you're a baseball fan, you like baseball. The All Star game's cool to watch. I mean, you're watching future Hall of Famers, You're watching the best players in the gameplay, And for me, it was kind of just cool to get get the go guys, see get to watch guys kind of put their their talents out there without all the pressure and just kind of watch these pictures that normally are starters go out there and blow it out for one inning. And I remember were watching the twenty fifteen game because Darren and Zach were there watching this picture Jacob deGrom, I'm like, who is this guy?
Speaker 5: Like you?
Speaker 2: We don't get to see him that much, and it was the most impressiveating I've ever watched. Come to find out he's a cy young It's just it's kind of one of those games where you can see the breakout guys and you can see who are going to be the next stars, and there's certain innings you watch and you're like, dang, who is that guy?
Speaker 3: Like I played this game and I barely even know.
Speaker 2: Who this guy's name is, and it's it's it's cool as a player to kind of get to and kind of admire your your fellow colleagues and just kind of experience it but yeah, it's definitely a time to go and relax and just take a little bit of time off, but.
Speaker 3: Still you want to do your throwing, you want to move.
Speaker 2: Around because Friday, Friday comes fast, and you don't want to be super sore for the game Friday too, So you try to do as much as you can and enjoy the time off.
Speaker 3: But for me, it was hard to get away. Mentally. I was still there, you know, ready to go on Friday, and.
Speaker 2: I just it was a hard time for me because I wanted to enjoy the time off, but at the same time, I knew what was coming the second half, and it's it's the second half can be grueling, So it's you don't want to go too far away mentally, So you're there, but you're not and it's nice to have a couple days away, but you're excited to get back around your teammates.
Speaker 1: Well, those fans, I hope you've enjoyed our All Star Break edition of shows. We had the mail Bag today, we had the Award Show earlier, and Friday night it resumes for the Orioles in Houston and then on the Boston So it gets important quick. I mean, they're playing other contenders for that third ay a wild card spot, and it's go time in Birdland, and it'll be go time for our show. You'll see another show, I believe on Sunday here after the Oils wrap up the series in Houston.
Speaker 3: So thanks for
Speaker 1: Joining Steve, Tim and Brad today and we'll see you next time on another edition of Birdland Territory eight