Speaker 1: I want to remind you to go easy on yourself. You know, they say life is a journey, and the journey is the experience, and even so the experience becomes a journey. I got that from my Barbara Lewis T. Powell. Well, the reason why I had to say go easy on yourself because I feel like sometimes we put too much pressure, faulting ourselves for things that we did not know, not making room that we did the best that we knew how what to do with what we had, with the time frame and the engagement of what we had. But nevertheless, sometimes I just don't feel like it's enough. Oftentimes I feel because we always look into the left and the right, were trying to check what the next person is doing and how you could have done it better. But how about you stay in your own lane and run your own race. It makes me think of that track by Adele entitled easy on Me. She says, go easy on me, babe, I was still a child, didn't get we get the chance to feel the world around me. I had no time to choose what I chose to do, So go easy on me. Can I be vulnerable with you? I just thought of this now I'm not about to get emotions because we just got up in here. But I had to remind myself to go easy on myself when my sister and I had to make the decision to take my mom off of life support, because your whole idea is to hold on, and there wasn't a discussion of what to do if a certain circumstance or a situation were to happen, which leads me to say, we are in life insurance Awareness month. If you haven't talked to your loved ones, if you haven't made your own plans for yourself, please do that. But nevertheless, I wasn't a conversation that my sister and my mom, or my sister and I had with my mom in regards to any of her last wishes. So we had to make the choice and say, hey, we are going to allow your body to do what it has to do, and I'm gonna be honest. I think there were some times that I reflected or I looked back and I was like, well, should we have held on longer? And I had to realize that at this point, I do think my mom was still conscious. I didn't see her blinking her eyes too much or she didn't open her eyes, rather but still breathing. All wait, Chuck, give me one second check. I'm gona call you right back. I didn't mean to hang up on you, Chuck, hold one second check, i'm'a call you right back. And what I realized is that at the time, the only way that I could gauge whether my mom was in pain was simply buy her blood pressure, because it would go up, and then when they would give her blood pain or pain medication, it would go down. And at this point she said morphine. And I remember when my mother and what she sounded like when one time we went to go to laundry, it was around November. I didn't even know I had only a couple of months left with her, and she was feeling some pain in her chest and I was like, okay, well I was going to go back home to New York. And I'm like, well, Ma, we should go to the hospital. And I remember being in that hospital room, and I don't know, maybe it was the second occasion, one of the occasions, because you know what, it all happened so fast, it's kind of like a PTSD. But I remember at one point she was calling out to her mother, and I can't tell you as my mama's child, her calling out to her mama, like, yo, my mama, you're supposed to be saving me and to wreck my brain. When it came time and my sister and I to say, hey, is it right or is it wrong to take her off of life support, we had to make room for ourselves. We had to give ourselves space. We had to give ourselves grace and realize that we did the best that we knew how with what we were doing. And it was at that point that we decided to allow her body to do that. And you have to realize that when you get yourself stuck in limbo and you're afraid to make a choice, it's like a state of paralysis. It's almost like you're on a hamster real driving yourself in crazy because you're expecting an answer to come. You're expecting something to change, but realize you're not moving, nor have you made a step of movement of decision for that change. So yet your mind is going in circles. And here's what I have to say too. They say life is the greatest teacher because first you take the test and then you learn the lesson. Just remember, as Adele continues on, I had good intentions in the highest hopes, but I know, oh right now, it probably doesn't even show. Go easy on me, Be easy on yourself. Make sure you make room that you are doing the best you know how with what you have. Right now, Give your self grace, give your self space. All right, All right, y'all know what time it is. It's that damn dawn like the breakod day, good morning, good afternoon, good evening. You are tuned in to the Vitamin D with Dawn Day podcast and I am your host, Dawn Day, here to get you excited about your life so that you can live life on purpose and for a purpose. If this is your first time tuning in and welcome Vitamin D. It's a pun of my name. My name is Dawn, and you get Vitamin D from the sun. So I'm here a shed light into your life. And I do this with inspirational insights and conversations with celebrities and everyday people like you and me, because if you want to be better and you want to do better, then you're going to have to be able to see better. So join me on this journey of living our best lives and understanding and realizing are you are your greatest ass at.
Speaker 2: Get your vitem in dy right with me and get excited about your life.
Speaker 1: Baby, baby, Baby, I'm in the house, I said, yes, Dawn days in the house and I'm live in the studio, not just testing. I'm out here doing what it is I need to do. Okay, I know Chuck just called me. Chuck called me back. I was getting a dose of vitamin D. N If anybody is right now listening or watching, because I am going live on the social medias, call me here in the studio. I'm taking calls eight fifty four thirty two. If not, I am going to get into talking on some things now. Oh let me see. I got a text, Miss Maya.
Speaker 3: I'm on.
Speaker 1: I'm on. I'm on, And you know, for those who aren't listening, next time, you gotta check me when I'm on. I'm on. I'm on. Let's talk about a couple of things and then i'll if Chuck doesn't call me, i'm'a give Chuck a call. Okay, So we finally got back in the studio Vitamin D and studio E. It's been a long truck. I mean, truly a testament that you give fail. If you don't quit, if you fall down seven times, get up eight And guess what, if you can look up, you can get up. Because your location is not your destination. I don't know what you calling out or what you doing, or what you're going after, but I know that some people are going through some hard things right now, and I wanna let you know that you're gonna have to put one foot in front of the other. You gonna have to breathe easy. You gonna have to forget about relying on whatever this vision that you got or whatever you see you got, and rely on the vision because the greater the vision, the greater the reward. And notice I didn't say necessarily what you see. I said the vision. Okay, Now, I know there's some more I want to say, but I'm gonna let it kind of unfold. I thought I was gonna have one moment, but I said, you know what, let me have this moment UH to necessarily unfold, and we will get to UH to talk about some more stuff. Let me chuck, just text me call me again, Chuck me again. I am giving updates. You know what? Should I let me see? Let me let me, let me let me see, let me see since he called and I told Chuck the call, let me see if I can get Chuck let me and but you know, you know, I just I feel so it's so interesting when you have these dynamics because I want to make sure I'm attentive. I don't even Oh no, I don't eat that t I call me again. I ain't got your number? Do I got your number yet? Check? Anyway, let's talk about a couple things, please. Oh, first, and what's wrong with the computer? Okay, first and foremost, it's fall? Thank goodness right, Thank goodness right. And with that being said, we do no longer have to worry about the whole idea. What's happening with these fires? Okay, A lot has been going on with these fires. But I gotta tell you, I am so happy that this heapway is over. Move off. For get that behind the back, I mean for me. I don't know if you heard me talk about it, but I'm telling you all these things cost what attacks? Yeah, would a sweat just go trickle trickle? Drop job? But now you know full said, I'm here. You know she gets a little warm. But here's the thing. The thing that's so unfortunate about in California. It seems as though, even though we've transitioned out the summertime, you know, when it starts getting into the hotter months and maybe it's getting cooler, you know, we start to get these California fires and they staid cooking up major news and we've seen the reports on the news and how they're burning up major sections in California. This must be chucked. This is Chuck. Okay, let me answer Chuck. Is that your yes, Chuck, I was given some updates. Are you watching me or you just called in? Uh?
Speaker 3: I'm I'm trying to blow watch You ain't gonna in but lit on what you live on Facebook?
Speaker 1: I'm live on Facebook. Soon it's gonna be all the platforms. But I'm just live on Facebook. But I said, let me answer Chuck, because I missed you when you first called.
Speaker 3: How you doing, Chuck, Yeah, I've been great, you mean great, great, giving been blessed.
Speaker 1: I heard you booking some projects and things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been doing like a lot of background roads. Yeah, you know Atlanta, Atlanta is it's a major city.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Them in California had some major major cities that a lot of a lot of TV shows and they and they they shoot from ouight here a lot in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: So wait, Chuck, you always been in Atlanta. You didn't come pop through lant at all.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean, I've been l A. I've been l A.
Speaker 1: Visit in l A.
Speaker 3: I've been in l A by twice. I went there this summer, and then I came team twice in the summer. I came in Joe and then August.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I was thinking that you lived in California all this time.
Speaker 3: No, I San Georgia. You remember hot I tell you when goshaw, yeah, you remember me and you talked before when you when I would tell you about my something Kevin Ross, my son and Grandpa.
Speaker 1: I still want to place because I always forget how big of a reach we were doing on the FM down that y'all can all be all the way up in Georgia just busting in and listening. Well, I'm back as of right now. I'm thinking about doing Tuesdays and Thursdays at fall. I'm in the studio.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's just a wonderful that's a wonderful thing.
Speaker 1: I got some news. You called me early on I wanted to take this call, but I want to get to some news in some segments, and I got an advice letter. Okay, okay, so I'm gonna get to some of those good things. But any shout out, you got any PSAs and information you want to tell some folks out there.
Speaker 4: Well, only thing for the Thurdays announcement.
Speaker 3: Or I can say, if you live in the Atlanta area, are you you casting in the California area, you can always look out and go through calf Cast in Atlanta. It's a different casting company. He'll see. They're booking for pe Valley. They're booking for shows like there's a new show called Chad Power. They're booking all over the United States. A lot of casting companies are booking the individual to getting on these show, to shoot these TV shows, in these movies.
Speaker 1: So the money is out there. The money is outside the money.
Speaker 3: The money, the money is out there.
Speaker 1: You just got to go get it, period, All right, what in there it is? We we got to get to the money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, that's the that's the perfect thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, thank you so much. Just called calf Casting. How you spell that?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Cap?
Speaker 2: Calv Casting C A B C A s c I E G.
Speaker 1: Oh cap casting. Okay, So anybody in Atlanta area, Chuck said, they up here casting for pe Valley and several of the top shows that you've seen on your television. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: And and also Tyler Ferry has shows that he's he he's shooting also, and that's that's part.
Speaker 2: Of calf casting.
Speaker 3: And Hilton Lton does, Hilton does u Pee Valley, Hilton does at pet Valley.
Speaker 1: And his and herts okay, okay for so for so okay.
Speaker 3: So that's that's where that's what I've been doing. And then I'm doing the Also I'm doing a casting h it's called Alicia Heart at Alicia Heart. She's been doing the doing the casting for a show called Chad Forwards. So anybody in Atlanta, Atlanta, Atlanta Erie. The money is out here. The only thing that you do is you on the faithbook following them, cast the company, sign up and you know, if you want to be able to get booked, just you know, just a minx and make a profile and they're willing to work with you.
Speaker 1: My mama used to always say, when somebody lays their eyes on you, give them something to see. And here's a moment that you got. The whole world can lay eyes on you for your dream, for your next project, and all you gotta do is show up. Yes, I work with Thank you, Chuck. I appreciate you.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: Listen, I'm about to get to this other story. Call me back if you got some comments. I got some interesting stories and information to get out. You won't believe this. Let me just give you a teaser. Did you know that there was a college student in Pennsylvania that had the N word carved on his chest? Hold on tight, Log on the Facebook. Okay, log on the Facebook. I'm broadcasting live right now. You got the number, keep it saving, and then call me back and let me know what you can think a couple of things. I appreciate you, all right, Okay, all right there right, Praizy Port, praizy Port, Oh. I want to go to the doctor today. I have to draw some blood. Praise report. Hello somebody, Chuck was my first call on my first live of an episode that's actually gonna go on the uh on the podcast later. I know, right, Okay, listen, we're wine. You probably just tuning in. I left off a bit I was talking about for the fires in California. Yes, although it's cooling, all things are still cooking up with the fires. I had all these jokes and all this other stuff I want to land in there, but I gotta tell you about something else that I didn't even know. Yeah, are you ready to hear this? Did you know that it's just not regular firefighters and uh first responders that put fires out. Yeah, I'm talking about the same people that be working around the clock. Okay, that's beending seventy two hours up at the at the fire house, risking their lives and so much more. That these aren't just only trained firefighters and responders. They are also prison firefighters helping them put out the fires as well. Did you know that? Did you know that? So what they have is they're called there are fire camp trained inmates, and they're in the middle of these raging fires that are out there. They're digging firebreaks, shoveling fire suppression fowder and DIR I mean, cutting down the trees the whole nine, hosing down roads, manning water trucks, assistant rescue cues, and basically helping out. However, they can now get this the prison fire fires. They're out there working all day and guess how much they getting paid. I want you to guess five dollars a day each again, all of five dollars a day that you can't even get an app and meal with that that ain't even a semi meal, that is a flat meal. I don't even know what that means. But I mean, if you really think about this here, that's what sixty three cents per hour. That's like working all day. And yeah, you might have a change to call somebody. But the question is is that these prison firefighters out there, or the statement rather, are working and they're risking their lives side by side with the LA Fire Department, their counterparts especially, And I'm sure you're wondering. You're like, well, Dawn, why would these grown men and women in prison inmates sign up for such a highly dangerous job. Well, I'm glad you asked. Well, the prison inmates actually do get some other incentives beyond, okay, the five dollars or less a day. So for one, they get real food. Listen, for somebody that loves to eat, I can appreciate some good food, okay, And they're not getting that unidentifiable bullstof Okay. Another reason, too, is that they're no longer in the actual physical prison itself. Yeah, they're actually at stationed at fire camps, which means that they're safer and away from more violent inmates. Okay, Now, another huge reason that inmates sign up for the prison camps cruise, well, probably the biggest one of all. If they fight fires for the county and the States is a prisoner. In some cases, it shaves off the actual original prison sentence, and it also helps with your parole hearing to go more in your favor as well. I don't know about you, I wouldn't mind getting five dollars a day. If that's the case. I'm gonna get real food and I'm gonna be out of the actual prison itself, and it's gonna show up well for my parole officers. I'm not done yet. Now here's the hidden bonus and chew, this would get me to sign up. They gonna get a ton of exercise. Actually, I mean a lot of exercise. I mean, if you think about it, if you're going into this prison firefighters, is this miss Felicia, y'all? I'm answering I'm going rogue for y'all. This is that dog on Dawn like the break of day.
Speaker 2: Hello, how are you.
Speaker 1: Miss Bellisia? You called me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw I missed it. Calling the phone sitting right here. It just didn't ring, and I picked it up and I saw that.
Speaker 4: I said, who is this?
Speaker 1: Oh you know what? When did you miss that call? Just now? I didn't call you just now, just now, just now. Oh, I wonder what that was about. I'm up here, I'm live on Facebook with the show. I thought you were calling in because you saw me put up the number, but you said that I called you first.
Speaker 2: Now this number popped up on my phone.
Speaker 1: Oh lord. The spirits and the energiesa out there, they said.
Speaker 2: We got are you on the air now talking to me?
Speaker 1: I'm yeah, everybody here, you right now on Facebook? Well, why you at it? I am going to report the information that you were talking about. What college was that? I put that in my PSAs that are giving away to free degrees? Yes, I'm talking free degrees, y'all, Yes you are. Yeah, I'm gonna talk about that. Oh my gosh. Well yeah, I'm in the middle of giving a story. And I answered because I was like, well, if miss Felicia is calling, it must be impatent. Oh my phone.
Speaker 5: Your number popped up on my phone and I looked down. Oh I was getting to talk to and tell too much?
Speaker 1: Right, hold up, wait a minute. Oh oh, Miss Maya wants to know the number. Okay, I'm gonna hang over with Miss Felicia in a seconds. Eight one eight four six one five four three two.
Speaker 2: That's the number that's on this phone.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't even know how you go.
Speaker 2: Right now, Miss Mina's been meant for me to call and talk to you today.
Speaker 1: I know that's so listen, I'm about to tell this story. I don't know if you heard it. Did you here about that college student up in Pennsylvania, a swimmer? They had the N word carved on his chest?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not heard.
Speaker 1: I mean what was it a uh hey.
Speaker 2: Or a Mexican kid?
Speaker 1: He was black? The N word? Well, I guess the N word could apply to more than uh one race or culture.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but maybe you know I thought, because I was my head was just spinning and I said, oh, you know, so who carved it?
Speaker 1: I'll tell you you're gonna have.
Speaker 2: To carve it on there or did somebody carve it on their fall?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to tell you when I get to the story.
Speaker 2: No, I've not heard that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna report the story. I was crap, it's something, it's some crap. I want to talk about the sheriff gangs. They talking about they formerly banning the sheriffs, they formerly banning the gangs and stuff and clicks and I heard say that. Okay, so I'm gonna talk about that. And what was that the story? I got a couple of stories here. Oh yeah, I mentioned the Johns Hopkins. Yeah, okay, I'm gonna tal about that. IM gonna get into the stories. Put it in the chat. You talking fast.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna have to tell you what I did today, Richard, just you on the air.
Speaker 5: I took a hot air balloon ride over in Temecula this morning. I got up at two o'clock this morning and drove to Temecula, California, which is about four hour and forty minutes away from.
Speaker 2: LA and got in this hot air balloon ride over the vineyards of all of the wineries over there. It was a beautiful ride.
Speaker 5: I get.
Speaker 1: That magical. This is what I real just uh, just all that blessed. Did you hear that?
Speaker 2: I heard something.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh that was nice. I wanted a hot air balloon once I was in Texas when I visited a friend down there. That was all some daredevil stuff, Miss Felicia, Oh that was all.
Speaker 2: This is my second time.
Speaker 5: I did it in Ethiopia and attified but Ethiopia, and it was beautiful. I have so much film footage of the Muslims praying at their mosque on a Sunday morning and all of the little kids running through the fields. And I had these aarppns that I would give the kids and I would toss a couple of them down there to them as they were running chasing the balloon in the field.
Speaker 1: For real, it was beautiful. It was beautiful, It was beautiful.
Speaker 2: I had such a good time.
Speaker 5: This was when I went to Ghana, but I went a week ahead of the group and stopped over in Ethiopia and stayed a week.
Speaker 2: I had a good time.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, you know what you're saying, good time. It just makes me think about how always said, we're here for a good time, not a long time. So we gotta make down.
Speaker 2: Better, make account.
Speaker 5: I know I got twenty good years left and before I have to sit down, shut up, and be quiet.
Speaker 1: Who'll say today, shoot, did you start speaking a sign language?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no no.
Speaker 5: Now I'm looking around me at the at my elders. That's twenty my mom's age and older. That's what's happening to them. They got to sit down and be quiet and move out the way. So I got twenty years to put it in. I'm gonna send you these pictures so you can talk about it to your folks.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful day.
Speaker 5: It doesn't look nothing like it does right now in Los Angeles into Mecula, nothing like.
Speaker 1: This is, sus what I was talking about this.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you this is ugly out here right there today. It's like it wants to rain like a pump.
Speaker 1: Like what's going on?
Speaker 2: Exactly exactly.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna send you a few pictures over right now so you can see.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm waiting now and then and then we'll see you.
Speaker 2: Some personality shots.
Speaker 1: Speaking of which, I need a personality video for the walk. Oh, we gotta talk about the hair. I'm talking about the hair when I come back, when I hang out Miss Felici, I'm talking about the hair of Miss Mayan.
Speaker 2: Okay, uh are you talking to miss Mayan or me.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was saying, Miss Mayan. She said, your hair is the bomb, and I said, well, thank you. And I just had such a journey with this hair. Oh my gosh, I just got it to grow after I put this color like I love the blonde. But honey, she was just a she just did her own thing. So that's why I tell everybody. When I was on the FM dow the reason I enjoyed the swag with the hats. But to be honest, if you're gonna be keeping it Gucci Koujie one thousand, I was wearing that hat because my hair had broken off on the time.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, I remember seeing.
Speaker 1: That A yes, many many times, y'all. Look at look at miss Felicia. She listen, you better catch it, catch your while it's high. She said, don I'm gonna send you some pictures. Look at you. You see her, y'all.
Speaker 2: Okay, I had so much fun.
Speaker 5: I was sleepy coming back home though from I was. You know that traffic, that that traffic coming home was crazy.
Speaker 1: I know That's why I had but I would.
Speaker 2: I finally made it home.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: Let's see.
Speaker 5: I left here at like two o'clock in the morning and I got back at twelve noon.
Speaker 1: Oh that was a cute day, y'all. Was a long day, but a good day.
Speaker 2: It was a good day. But yeah, that's my that's my new adventure.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, before you hang up, give me something expiational to tell the good people, or you can tell them this yourself because they can hear you.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, let me think, Let me think, let me thinks. I'm gonna go.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go to I've been sending my nephew these inspirational messages from a class that mate of mind, doctor Anthony Samad. He wrote this book, and I've been sending him these daily inspirational messages.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna tell you for young black men, yes.
Speaker 5: Okay, So this is the one I sent him this morning before I went to my hot air balloon ride. Today is September twenty four. It says, focus on your light, not the light of others. You never make your light brighter by putting someone else's light out. Do what you can to serve others and make a difference in the world. Let your light shine as you lift others, God will lift you. And that's doctor Anthony samad Oh Greg cal State, Dominica's Hills from his book Saving the Race Empowerment Thought Wisdom, Daily Affirmations for Young Black Males. So I said, my young great nephew, inspirational message. He just started college at junior college.
Speaker 2: In Baltimore, Maryland. And so my mom told me yesterday that they're coming home.
Speaker 1: He and his mom, Oh, back to LA.
Speaker 2: So that's that's great.
Speaker 5: I'm happy to hear that this to be his first time living in Los Angeles because he's been living in North Carolina.
Speaker 1: Come on over to the best coast.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 1: So much for sharing that. You were saying light, light, Light, and I was thinking to myself, I am a friend of mine. She just released her mugs, and the mug that I have on my hand right now says be the light. In fact, I was just even saying and the Vitamin D. When I first started the show, I was just saying how we have to be easy on ourselves. And then the top it all off. When I used to work with the Steve Harvey Morning Show, Miss Strawberry used to call me love and life. Oh but listen now, listen, I'm all about being positive, not Miss Felicia. But to be honest with you, yes, I will love and light on you in a good way, but if you try me, I'll like your ass up to I'm just.
Speaker 2: Just you know, that's right.
Speaker 5: Hey, you got to keep that spirit because if we're gonna meet that kind of spirit on probably.
Speaker 2: What January seventh, the three days afterwards.
Speaker 5: Because hey, y'all, you know these folks, I think they're gonna ask.
Speaker 2: But hey, be ready so you don't have to get that.
Speaker 1: They say, if you stay ready, you ain't got to get ready.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 5: I'm thinking about going to ask the When I was at some event, you know where they have different people out giving you information, I went up to LAPV and asked them was I too old to be a police officer?
Speaker 2: They said, no, it's not too old. You're not too old.
Speaker 5: I heard that almost seventy not too old if you said no, So I might just see if I can't get into the academy, just learn a couple of skills.
Speaker 1: Might as well, and don't forget to go check out jiu jitsu so that you could pick that up too.
Speaker 2: Oh you know, I keep forgetting to go over there.
Speaker 1: Y'all, need to go check out a free jiu jitsu class out and told miss Felicia about it. It will help you defend yourself. Is for individuals of all ages, Jamichael. If you need the information, put the comment at the bottom and I will let you know where you need to be and where you need to pull up. Free workout, Okay, free exercise, and you're gonna build a great community your people. That's right. It's Tuesday and Thursday right to those days and Thursdays from ten to twelve. It's over there at the Avalon Carver Community Center. Okay, Jamiico Elder. Now the address, y'all is forty nine twenty Avalon Boulevard, four to nine Tues zero, Avalon Boulevard, every Tuesday and Thursday from ten am to twelve pm.
Speaker 2: That's over there by Mi Angelo School. Yeah, and not to I'm gonna go Thursday.
Speaker 1: Okay, Thursday, and then I'm gonna need you to call me because I'm gonna be right here. Call me and tell me how the class was. Okay, all right, then, all right, all right, good talking to you.
Speaker 2: Bye bye byea ca all right, oh.
Speaker 1: Whoa whoa wah, whooh wooh wah. That made me feel good. Chuck, whoop, there it is. I had another Chuck called me. My other Chuck called me miss Mayan, you can call me. I wanted to dive into some stories and some news and information and the PSA. But I'm afraid if I start talking, somebody gonna calling. I want to know who caughling? So ms Miyan, are you still here? For anybody that does want to call, I'm about to put the number or up. Here's the number right here. The number is eight one eight four six one fifty four thirty two eight one, eight four six one fifty four to thirty two. Chia. I kept trying to talk about the dog on. I was talking about the firefighters and how they are combating fire, and oftentimes they're just not only firefighters or first responders. Sometimes they're prison inmates and they have a benefit because they gonna eat well, they're gonna be not be in the physical walls. And plus, not to mention, it carves off time because it says they're on good behavior. Like who doesn't want that? I'm just saying it's a win for a win, and that right there, that was miss Felicia, who had called me real quick. I wanted to go over there and talk about when Miss Felicia left off. I know, I got a question, how did y'all feel about that man hiding end them damned bushes up in Florida? Who was trying to what? Who got arrested for trying to assassinate Trump?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 1: We ain't talk about that? Yeah, I mean, listen, here's my thing, y'all know what was it the week before last? Now, Trump was over at his golf course down in Florida, right, and there was this guy who was hanging around in the bushes for twelve hours with a semi automatic rifle that that has a scope on it, just out there waiting, like only four hundred yards from Trump. Now, there are some reports that said that this dude brought a sack lunch with him. I'm talking about a good old Ham sandwich and some potato chips, some lazed potato chips. And I guarantee you if he has some family from Detroit, he busted out a good figo with it. No, I'm just playing on that part. But what I want to know is for real, Pheral though, how was this guy staking out for twelve hours within that proximity of Trump? Like, was the security not doing their job? I mean, shouldn't they have walked and staked out the place to make sure that no one was there. I mean, like we all know that, you know, Trump likes American food in it and not even myself, I love a good burgerer fries. But I'm like, did one of the agents like just get on his phone and was like, let me go place some order, let me go pick up a order, or just play a video game. Because I don't understand how that happened and how that was possible to happen. And here's another thing that I was thinking about. When you think about somebody just waiting out there for twelve hours for Trump. Oh his name Ryan, Ryan Ralph Right, he can't be okay in the head cause I'm just saying, well qualified applicants that's going for a job, they ain't standing in there waiting for no twelve hours and still don't get the job done. I wasn't saying it like that, but I'm just saying, I don't know what kind of professional thought process. And then the second clue I'm wondering is that it's hot as heil in Florida. Florida is known for gatos gatos on the golf course. So I'm just wondering, how was the gata on the golf course? The man was hot hiding in the bushes and didn't get eaten by the gata. Now one can say the gata had to make an executive decision. Hey, latasha girl, they had to make an executive decision. Say hold up, wait a minute. Now, this man right here can get arrested, right and he goes to prison. But if I get caught, if I, as the gator, get caught, there are chances that I might end up being somebody's person or somebody's shoes in court. Hey, I've just said catch you while it's hot, baby. But seriously, though, where was the alligator? I'm just saying, like, peace, peace out. I don't know, but that's that. Also another thing that I want to say, we lost a great one within the past two weeks. Can we just do another shout out to rest in peace to the late great mister Tito Jackson, Yes, of the legendary Jackson five group, and just prayers out to the family and everybody doing it. You know, Tito was a fantastic musician. I mean truly an incredible perform I'm talking about going down the history books, and so we just want to send and I just want us wants to send our condolences to the families and friends around the world on losing a jackson, so very sad. And I wanted to kind of pivot because you heard what you heard what Janet had said about Kamla right our VP or soon to be president, Kamala Harris saying that she had heard that she didn't have any black in her and that she was full Indian and then hold up. Then a whoopee got on the view and actually came to the defense and said, wait a minute, it's a lot going on when people coming at your face asking you all these questions on top of the fact she just dealing with the loss of her her brother. So I don't know, do we give grace and space for that or do we feel some typeolack Do we give grace and space or you might have your other thoughts. We didn't even talk about that, honey. I've been up in there trying to get back into the studio. We ain't even talk about how we feel about Kamala being president. Are we doing enough coverage in the media are people sharing their views and opinions. I just want to know because if you got any thoughts, some comments and pressions, pull up and call me in the studio. Eight one eight four six one fifty four to thirty two. It's eight one ah four six one fifty four thirty two. Okay, okay, now let me see what else I got Ooh, anybody want to call in? Call now, because I'm about to jump over to some from under the news desk. You said, Dawn, that's my bell. That's that damn bell when I tell you the heights keeping coming, and whenever I want to use it, I'm gonna just ding danging things. So AnyWho, this is called from under the news desk. Now, this is what we talk about before we get to the actual news, about some funky business that's going on.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Uh, these people individuals left this paperwork underneath the desk because they too scared to come out and dem damn scared to report it. But I said, leave it to Dawn. I'll give it to you all inside. So here's the news from under the news desk. Rather than oh, being a judge's who is this? I didn't miss that? Okay? They we just got saved by the ring danging things. I said, we got saved by the ring ding and things. This is dawn day, like the break of day. Who's this, miss done? Yes?
Speaker 5: Yes, how you doing girl?
Speaker 1: I've made it, Miss Maan. I'm in the studio.
Speaker 2: Girls, God bless your little heart. Let me let you get back to your show.
Speaker 4: I'll talk to you.
Speaker 1: I don't work stoping to do your show.
Speaker 4: Girl, That's not it.
Speaker 2: That wasn't in my heart to stop you.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: I just want you to know that I was on and I'm listening, so I'll talk to you. Actually, go ahead, Okay.
Speaker 1: Well I'm gonna have it. I'm gonna add up the call. But yes, once we get the format, we're gonna havead the times were calling in. But I'm just so happy to see your face. I mean to hear your well, God bless you.
Speaker 2: You so welcome. Okay, let me see Okay, okay, hy.
Speaker 1: That was miss mine she just called in. We're gonna talk about that too, right, Because when I used this always saying, as I continue to say, you can't fail if you don't quit, and if you fall down seven times, get up eight and if you can look up, you can get up in your location is not your destination. People be like with don how you doing. I'm doing damn good because if you would asked me three hundred and sixty five days, that was a different dawn, a different space. Okay, that was a lot going on. But I'm here hai, okay, So back with from under the news desk. Are y'all ready for under the news desk? Yes, mister Lavones. Okay, I'm about to do some news. Okay, this is under the news desk. Okay. Then we get to the real news. So y'all ready for the fourth to the one one. So, rather than Obanga judges official court order to give his wife the house, a divorcing man in Phoenix, Arizona turned it into the world's largest coyote sanctuary. Yeah, his estranged wife, her name is Martha Mendoza, was last thing wearing an apron, armed with a skillet, large rubber spacheler and a green leaky garden holes, bravely entering the coyote field house to stop her husband's weird attempts to keep the house from her. As police did you hear what I said? As police were arresting Hector Mendoza His response was this twenty years of marriage and not even one hot meal cooked, and this is what I gotta do to get her to put on an apron. I'm out again. This is from under the news desk. Move it on over. This is more locally to us. In Mission Hills, California, a cop was arrested. Oh no, excuse me. In Mission Hills, California, a cop arrested a vehicle for murder. I know, let me tell you about it. So a twenty two year old woman, her name was Myra Dian. Oh my gosh, miss Mayan almost said your name. Myra Dyan was responsible for a four car crash and an intersection light poll being horribly damaged. Okay. First responders pulled Myra over out of her flaming white suv. No one was seriously hurt, while there was obvious film footage and eyewitnesses of her being on her phone while driving. The LAPD quickly arrested her flaming vehicle for attempted murder. Yes, listen. Under California Governor's Gavin excuse me. Under California Governor's Gavin Newsom's new controversial drive and crash law, cars not people, folks will be facing severe criminal charges, and all cell phones involved in the crashes or collisions will be immediately placed into witness Protection program for their own line safety. I don't know, listens from under the news desk. I'm not done yet. Olympic athlete Tiger Woo Sean was robbed by four heavily armed men just a few blocks outside the international airport. Now the robbers got his gym back, his passport travel cart in about six hundred dollars in cash. You hear me, now, Tiger Wu Shan, a high ranking master of let me say not one, two, three, four, five, but nineteen styles of forbidden Tibetan kung fu, or if you were to ask Miss Felicia, probably some jiu jitsu, was unharmed and didn't put up any struggle at all against his four pistol carrying attackers. When asked why didn't he use his nineteen styles of forbidding kung fu to defend himself, the Olympic athlete smiled and said it, I only know kung fu. They know. Shoot you, ah, stop playing with me.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: Listen, it's from under the newsstads. It's from under the news that's and this this has been a fair best presentation. Sometimes you feel like a nut. Sometimes you don't. Now question, do I get into some yal news right now? Do y'all want me to dive into a letter? I say? Should I get into some real news right now? Or do y'all want to me to dive into some to some an advice letter? Hello? Hello, all right, well, I know what I'm about to do. Let's go to some news. Let me just brace yourself right now. Some of the topics we're gonna talk about. Did you know that there was a sting ray that got pregnant without a male companion? That's one two? Did you know that there was a man or miss Mayan? Oh wait a minute, Latasha, wait, what are we doing? All right? We got okay, they said a letter. Okay, so miss Tasha, I'm about to come to see I'm gonna I'm gonna come into the news. Next, I'm gonna come to the news. Leg we going to the Vitamin d A vice letters. All right, let me just say right now, and them is Mayan? Okay, so let me tease the news. We got the theme where they got pregnant by himself. We got a California man that has been payed his neighbors electric bills for fifteen years. I'm not done yet. La County Sheriff's Department are quote unquote formerly banning gangs and clicks. Remember when I had catalysts California on. I got to hit them up because we need to talk. Not to mention. If you are looking for it to go to medical school. John Hopskins Medical School will be offering a free schooling totally up to one billion dollars from Bilberg Up Bloomberg Philanthropies. It's miss Felicia asking for a letter. Okay, Miss Felicia, we come up with the letter. Alright, alright, you' all ready. No listen, let me tell y'all if you would like to submit a letter, I want you to shoot me an email at Vitamin D. I don't at vitamin at dawn da I speaks. That's vitamin D at dawn da I speaks. I feel like I should put that in the check. Now, all of these court letters will be confidential. I will not be telling everybody who they are from, but best beliefs. I can't get real. So you know the deal. So don't be getting offended. All I'm just saying, if you want to email your advice letter, send it to Vitamin d at Dawn daispeaks dot com. Here is the first letter you all ready all right? Subjects My son has got to go. Dear Dawn, love your show, but I got a grown son. He just turned twenty, and that lazy boy will not get up and get himself a job and take care of himself. He just wants to be on the couch all day. Hold on, I almost look guard distracted. He just wants to be on the couch all the time watching Netflix, playing video games until the roaches fall asleep. And then that boy just eats everything in the refrigerator. That boy opens up the refrigerator door here so much that my refrigerator door handles has now has a permanent orange Cheeto fingerprints on them. Dawn, help, How do I get this twenty year old man off my couch and into the real world? Joba, what we say about this? You know, this is an interesting situation because we love our kids. Anybody that's close to us, you want to be able to help them out as much as possible. But what we cannot do. What we cannot do is coddle them. And I'm like, well, first and foremost, did you try pressure washing the boy? Go get you a high power water hole system, put a suit and tie on him, and ain't your son towards the near's employment office and get a job. Boo, get a job, and I'm telling you he'll be dry by the time the interview process and have a brand new income. No, I'm just okay, no, no, no, no, But for grow seriously seriously, as we said, you know, haven't grown children, you know, you just they don't want to leave the nest at times because Mama, Papa, auntie, uncle, grandma, grandpa. You know, they kind of want to be permittent, lazy, and they looking at the support. But the crazy part of this is that most of them see their parents or their guardians or whomever looks out over them working really hard and struggling just to keep stuff going, and that doesn't make them move at all. And you would even think that they would even try to pitch in and help, but that's not this case. And it's so sad because there are so many families right now, y'all. And that's why I want to make sure we bring with some laughter and things like that. Who are financially running interference for them. This has become a huge problem right now. And Maria, love baby cakes. I know it feels like it's just like you're going through this, but trust me, you you are not alone in this. There are so many people out there that are trying to get it together, not only for themselves but also for their family. Now your letter doesn't say it, but I'm assuming you talk to him about getting a job right now. If that is the case, where's my pining that now? If that is the case, this is where the real tough love comes in. You gotta perhaps give him a deadline, give him like thirty days to get his act together, so that one identify where your son wants to work, and then two have him some time so he can update the resume. Go ahead and send the resume. I'll do whatever he needs to do. And then also you maybe need to put him out. Put him out, and this sounds dramatic, and I want you to chime in the check and then maybe I'll open up the phones lines. Depending off, y'all got something to say. Do you change the locks? Some cases you might have to because it's all about the access. Right now, your son is just getting a little bit too comfortable having access to your home and your resources. Well, he doesn't have a need to go after them for themselves and for you, Maria, this is gonna be a tough one for you. You can't keep caving in on this kind of stuff, and you can't change your mind. Once you set an emotion, once you stick with something, you gotta stand there with ten toes down. And if he comes banging back on the door and crying and talking about Mama, I need food, I need shoes, I need clothes, I need a place to say, you need to yell at him and say play call of duty. I'm just joking. You better not open that door. You better not open that door. And if you have to, because God forbid. You know, some people you know, necessarily serving the armed forces don't make it back with those who have Thank you so much, but just tell them the army is a recruiting station in the mall. They can give you the best, the brightest and the best. So let me know what's going on. In fact, I want you to write me back and tell me I was going. I could really do a whole show talking about how you got to sometimes put your foot down because if you don't stand for nothing, You're gonna fall for anything. Well that's the letter. Now I need some more letters, so I want you to make sure that y'all go ahead and send me your letters at Vitamin d at dawn Dai speaks dot com. Whether it's about what's going on the news, what's going on some history, what's going on in the community, anything at all, maybe about relationships, maybe about worker or your finances. Send me an email Vitamin d at doing Dai speaks dot com. Now I heard it's about that time. It's time to talk about the news. Oh, miss Felicia called and I say, I ain't even hello, Miss Felicia. Can you hear me? Hello?
Speaker 2: He ask me again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know what you.
Speaker 2: I got a comment to make you know that was right up my alley.
Speaker 5: I taught life skills education career planning in la USD for forty two years, and uh, the first thing that I thought up about in which I used to tell my students that what I would do if I was their parents, was for their graduation gift, they would get a set of luggage.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, because you're gonna have to hit the role jack, I.
Speaker 5: Would tell my students that if you want to plump your parents for five more years, go to college.
Speaker 3: Just go to college.
Speaker 2: They'll do whatever they want to do to help you make it through those next forty five years in college.
Speaker 6: So you know, the main thing on the serious side too, the young boy needs some guidance in the direction he.
Speaker 2: Needs to be put into a program.
Speaker 5: There are programs out there for eighteen to twenty four year olds to get job training. So he can go to job corps, he can go to you know, a program like Marcus's program, what does it Get.
Speaker 1: In the game? Get in the game? Also can check out Amari Amari got jlt Academy.
Speaker 6: Uh huh.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of programs that give him on the job training and programs, and he's got to figure out what it is that he likes to do. But the main thing is, don't allow him to just sit up there on that sofa eating cheetos and going in the refrigerator all day long.
Speaker 2: He got to get him to do something.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you, this is it going to the extreme to go ahead and change the locks on the door. Would you ever do something like that.
Speaker 2: If I had to?
Speaker 5: But is uh uh? If I had to do that if he got to that extreme, especially if he got his buddies over there nation up there playing video games all day.
Speaker 2: No, that ain't about to happen.
Speaker 1: Uh uh.
Speaker 2: What what?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: What did Merlina shall say every good? Uh uh uh in her song?
Speaker 5: I forgot to name of that song. But anyway, you got to get him and go to work, just like when I get leave the house. You got to get him leave the house too, at least go looking.
Speaker 1: Muse like you and working all day and I got us come in the house and look at you all comfortable just sitting on a couch.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you know some of that is the parents fault because you know, what, what have you been doing with him for the last eighteen years?
Speaker 2: What does he know how to do?
Speaker 1: Hm? Hmm?
Speaker 2: Is is the thing?
Speaker 5: And if she has never had them in participating in any kind of activities, so that he can.
Speaker 2: Explore what it is that.
Speaker 5: He might want to do as he's growing up, at least know what his likes and dislikes are so he'll know, no, I don't like doing that, so I need to stay away from that, or I like this, so let me pursue something in that direction. But the main thing is all these junior colleges around here have programs.
Speaker 2: They're either they're even paying kids to go to school.
Speaker 5: Given the four hundred dollars stipends a month, their books and their fees depending on their income is free. Kids are not taking advantage of it. Certain kids are taking advantage of it. But a lot of kids that look like the back of my hand in the front of my hand, don't you know, they're not taking advantage of these opportunities. Because there's a whole lot of opportunities that's out there for these young people.
Speaker 1: That's right. But you know, it's that whole thing about bringing awareness and so I think, you know, having you call and just reminding people about the resources, even reminding people about their experiences that are to be had. I think that's the main thing that we need, because it's like one thing you can show somebody. You can tell somebody that's something there, but let's show them be a representation of what it looks like. Provide the information, provide the resources.
Speaker 5: You know, just like Taste the Soul is coming up on October nineteenth down Crenshaw Boulevard. There's going to be a lot of booths out there, with people telling you what they have to offer. Stop and talk to those people and listen to them. There's a lot of information out here, but we get the wrong information.
Speaker 1: Catch it. That's right in fact? You know, yeah, yeah, absolutely in fact.
Speaker 2: So my thing is is get that kid up, you know you sometimes you just can't tell them. You gotta take them up. Get in the car. She still got control of our household.
Speaker 5: Hopefully, hopefully, hopefully, get in the car, and you roll him on down to trade Tech.
Speaker 2: Find out what it takes to get him in there. Talk to a concert. These program they're paying for these kids tuition.
Speaker 5: And if you have young kids that's in high school, do you understand that you can have that kid can come out of high school with a two year college education as well as their high school diploma in their senior year.
Speaker 1: Talk about it.
Speaker 5: It's available to the LA Unified will paid for those kids books and fees to go to a junior college.
Speaker 2: I think it's free form.
Speaker 5: I've been out of the system for the last four years, but I think it's still.
Speaker 2: Free all right.
Speaker 1: If anybody knows comment on the bottom of the chest so that we can get this information. These resource out there for folks, let us know is it true? Is it free? If you got the website or the number, put it in the chat. Thank you so much, Miss Felicia for your comments.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, a hard thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's what you gotta do. You gotta show them the way. And since we are talking about schooling and showing the way, this was actually brought to you by Miss Felicia. She said, share this if you know anybody. John Hopskins Medical School will be free for most thanks to a one billion dollars from Bill Bloomberg Philanthropyes, yes, John Hopskins Medical School will be free for most students starting this fall. Tuition will be completely free for medical students whose families earn less than three hundred thousand dollars. I don't know about you growing up in the city of Detroit and even some people I know today. That would be a lot of people. And this is a gift that will be covering living expenses and fees for students from families earning up to one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars now. Previously, tuition was roughly about sixty five thousand a year for four years. This gift aims to improve declining life expectancy in the US by making medical and nursing more accessible to lower income students and diversifying the medical and public health fields. Michael Bloomberg, founder of Bloomberg Philanthropies and Bloomberg Lpie, says, as the US struggles to recover from a disturbing decline in life expectancy, our country faces series the shortage of doctors, nurses, and public health professionals, and yet the high cost of medical, nursing and graduate school two often bars students from enrolling. By reducing the financial barriers to these essential fields, we can provide students. We can free more Oh yes, these are We can free more students to pursue careers they're passionate about and enable them to serve more of the families and the communities that need them most. The people that look just like you. I don't know about you and which how you feel and what you got to say, but this is what I will say, is this. The information is out there, the resources is out there. We got to come together and we got to serve as a bridge so people can cross right on over. Because when it's time to check yourself before you wreck yourself, when you're going to the doctor. I can't tell you. And I'm sure you are a witness too, how comfortable it is to look and see somebody that looks just like you. And since we on a topic of medical school and we talk about health and doctors, I want to give you guys an update. I shared this with you last year and it's happening again this year. Black Men's Wellness Day. Yes, as we know, black men are dying from preventable diseases. Guys, and you can be part of the solution. I want you to pull up on men Ms Felicia. I want you to get dale and come be a part of the solution. On Saturday, November second, at seven am, come pull up on me and so many others at Jesse Owens Park right there next to door See High School. From seven to twelve am. We're gonna have free health screenings, free music, free our food and family fund. I'm talking about do you know your group close? Do you know your cholesterol? Do you know if you have high blood pressure? Are you stealing with hypertension? Do you have erectile dysfunction? Are you having a mental crisis and you need somebody another brother that look like you to help you out well. I want you to pull up cause when you know your numbers, you can know yourself. So if you want some more information, one, I have some stuff on my page. But then I also want you to check out the website. It's La dot AA Wellness dot org. That's La dot AA Wellness dot org. And I hope to see you on Saturday so we can walk to say black Man's Lives. If you have any more questions, go ahead and put it at the bottom. I will be more than happy to get to them. But again we're talking free health screenings. If you got questions about some aches and pains, know that you are not supposed to be hurting. If at any point your body is not feeling writing, you feel something, that's your indication for you to call the doctor. Okay, are we clear? Speaking of more information and resources than anyone that's looking for a job. Missus offics U mister Offa's up. Our NB Global Security is now accepting applications from Monday to Friday from eight am to two thirty pm. Yes, located at thirteen fifty five Redondo Avenue, Sweet number nine. This is down over there in Long Beach now you will need to bring some items of identification with you on that day.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 1: We're going to need a valid ID, whether it be a driver's license, whether that just be your simple ID, what else a passport? They need to see you also provide them with your social security car. You must be a guard so if you have a guard car, go ahead and bring that also your certification. Now, if for any of you who have some questions, who are looking for a job as a security officer at R and B Global Security, I want you to call this number. Are you ready? The number is three one zero four three eight three zero four four. Again that's three one zero four three eight three zero four four. And speaking of which, not you got some money, but do you find yourself living in a car? Pull up? I got something for you. If you or anyone that you know are looking for a safe place to park. I've heard even some churches in some areas they open up their parking lot so that if you are somebody who does not have a roof over their head, but they got a car, you can sleep safely in a secure area. And in some cases they even provide showers. Okay, so this is at safe parking LA. Their mission is to provide help and they have open spaces. If you are experiencing being unhoused and living in your car, they can help you by hire inviting you as safe parking spaces. Okay, now, they have locations in downtown La West La VA Campus as well as in Reseda. Go ahead and apply right now. Here's the number three two three two one zero thirty three seventy five. Again, that's three two three two one zero thirty three seventy five. You can also shoot over an email to intakes at safe Parkingla dot dot com org. That's I N T a k e s at safe Parkingla dot org. And if you just want some more additional information, here's the website safe Parking La dot org forward slash need help. Again, that's safe Parkingla dot org forward slash need dash help. And since we're talking about help, who do you think of when you need some medical help? The EMT will get this. While JOHNS Hopkins is offering free medical school, well, here's some information about those who want some free EMT training. Do you want to be an emergency medical technician, Well, there's training from six to ten weeks and once completed, will lead to employment and AMR with AMR McCormick. Okay, Now there are a couple of requirements. One, you must be eighteen and over okay. You must be able to pass a background and drug test okay, because they need to make sure that you are going to be coherent when an emergency happens. You also must possess a Class C driver's license and relatively clean driving record. And you also get benefits with this job, including for all one K medical, dental vision and also mental health resources. So if you're interested or you know someone that's interested, grab a pan of paper. That's what I'm meant to tell y'all when I first started. Grab them dang on pan and papers and get this informations down. The number is three two three two four nine seven seven five to one. That's three two three two four nine seven seven five one. This is for anybody that is interested in becoming an EMT and would like to be provided with free training. It's located at twenty two twenty four East one hundred and fourteenth Street. Again, that's twenty two twenty four East one hundred and fourteenth Street. And let me give you the website to reach out to them. Are not website. The email Watts Laws CI NFO. So Watts Laws c I n FO at gmail dot com. Does anybody have any questions? The time is now af a hold jr. Piece. Actually you can call me anytime. But I'm just saying anybody need anything repeated in regards to the resources that I just provided. We talked about John Hopkins offering free medical school this fall. We talked about jobs at RMB Global Security as well as free training E M T training. We talked about talking about health. We talked about Black Men's Wellness Day, free health screenings. Ask all your doctors get the resources from people that look just like you. And then lastly, if you are in transition and currently standing your car, provide you some resources where you can be provided up safe place the park. Oh are you all ready to dive into this news? Chow? Can I get a yes? Can I get a man? I'm cutting up? Miss Felicia said a mere I can program on Facebook. She provided a Facebook page I just penned at the bottom for anyone that is looking for a job. Hey, that missus Jackson. I always want to say Latoshia, but it's Latasha right. It's just Latasha. Okay, y'all, Well, I guess we talked about under the news desk with y'all. I got a story, like I said before, a stingray got pregnant without a man. A California man was paying somebody's electric bill for the past fancy years. LA's County Department is formerly banning deputy gangs and clicks and uh that's about it. So let's dive into this news. All right, Well, this is quite some interesting news there. This a schrisstingray that actually got pregnant without a male companion, unfortunately, has died. The Aquarium and Shark Lab in North Carolina announced on Sunday that Charlotte, the stingray, oh my gosh, Charlotte, that's my sister's name. I just ripized that was the name, has died after getting a rare reproductive disease. The stingray that got pregnant despite not having shared a tank with the male of her species for many years. It got exterminated. The Aquarium and Shark Lab in Hindersville, this is over there in North Carolina said on Facebook late Sunday that the stingray Charlotte, died after getting a rare reproductive disease. However, they didn't go into further detail. The aquarium, which is in the Blue Ridge Mountains, announced back in February that Charlotte had gotten pregnant despite not having shared a tank with a male stingray and at least eight years, but it's said in late that she was suffering from a rare reproductive disease and announced in early June that she hadn't given birth and was no longer pregnant. The pregnancy was thought to be a result of a type of sexual a type of asexual reproduction called parthogenesis parthenogenesis parthenogenesis in which offspring developed from unfertilized eggs, meaning there's no genetic contribution by a male. The most rare phenomenon can incur in some insects, fish, amphibians, and birds, along with reptiles, but not in mammals at least it hasn't been documented, and examples have included California condors, komodo dragons, and yellow belly potter snakes. How's that from snows? You know, I wouldn't be surprised if we started hearing more stuff about this. Did you guys see that movie under Paris. Yes, chaw, it's something about Underpirents. But basically there is a triathlon happening in Paris, and I might be messing up. I can't even think what the name of the river of the water is behind me. The sharks start coming over to the warm water because you know, they stay in the fresh cold water, or I might be mixing it up. No, they stay in the salt water, but they start moving over to fresh water. Okay, Now, I don't know about you, but you know, like when you be watching the movies that stuff be happening and it comes true. It's almost like they be having some prem minisia.
Speaker 3: And the like.
Speaker 1: They know about it, but they try to lay it on us so we take it easy so that we don't go into complete shocks. So listen, you heard me say the story about this thing. Ray, I just told you about the movie Under Paris with the sharks were over there breeding themselves. And the thing that makes it so interesting is this In the film they talked about when it comes to adaptation or survival of the fittest, it isn't always or life cycle. Rather, it isn't always about the strongest in the fastest it's about those who are willing to adapt, and like in hindsight, when I think about that, that reminds me of us as a people, as a generation, as a community. We have to be willing to adapt to certain situations, in certain things, or you will not survive. You can't get stuck in doing the same thing day in and day out and expecting different results, expecting growth, expecting expansion. So, okay, I just went off. I'm done. Now, which one do we want to go to? Child? Let's talk about this California man that I told you about who finds out they've been paying their neighbor's electric bill for the past fifteen years. Child, I got this off a KTLA the other day. So the gentleman's name is Ken Wilson, and he has been trying to conserve electricity y'all in order to lower his his utility bill. But he just couldn't remember why recall why we're so high. So mister William With Wilson realizes that he had been inadvertently been paying for his neighbor's electricity bill for the last fifteen years. Now, Wilson lives over there in Vacaville, is a Vacaville, between Sacramento and San Francisco, and had been worried that his bill was higher than other peoples, which did not make any kind of sense to him because he often sought to save power. He told the local TV station KMAX. He says, I've been trying to conserve electricity to and lower my costs because it was getting really expensive. Wilson said. Eventually he complained to the local utility PG and E, which sent a worker out to investigate. And I quought, I thought there was a leak, or someone was stealing my electricity, or the meter was faulty, because something wasn't right now. PG and E instead discovered Wilson's meter was linked to unit number ninety one in his building, not his own apartment. None but ninety records suggested the situation have been going on since at least two thousand and nine child By, but Wilson told KMAX that's the news station that he was talking to. He moved into the apartment in two thousand and six and believes he may been paying the wrong bill from the beginning a total of eighteen years. Don't play with me, play with yourself, he says, I just hope this story is going to help others. I can't be the only one for now. However, Wilson is still paying his neighbor's bill. As PG and E said, it only can be changed in the next billing cycle. Oh damn, now lessen y'all knowing fundy trait tho or whatever. And I don't even know why I had the preface saying that. But is it just me? I don't know where you depending on where you're listening, because we got some folks in Atlanta, we got some folks in LA. We got some folks in DC, we got folks Arrowere. Y'all's about to tell me that you do not recall at a time I feel so so some type of way about sanctizs. Y'all never heard about people going ahead and take any people's electricity or not electricity, they cable like it was not uncommon. I ain't saying that we had to be my people. I'm just saying some people that I didn't know. Why was there a conversation or a discussion about the fact. Excuse me, I have to swallow how people used to steal other people's cable. You used to just tie the line. But that's why you gotta be paying attention to things. Have you ever got caught up? This is listen, don't nobody know where you live at. I don't even know your last name. You can come in here or call me as a random person. I'm just curious. Has anybody borrowed somebody's services, whether it's been electricity, whether there's been electricity a cable. Miss Mayan commented, She said, I remember that I was about to say, let's not act bray new to this, let's act true to this. If you are somebody you know has been should I say victim? Should I say victim? Or has been succumbed to either getting a discounted bill or being charged too much? Miss Felicia says, Dawn. How do the louse lights get X miss lights on their tents? They line it up? Did I say it right? Was that a joke or was that a real question? Oh my gosh. Okay, So that's that story. Okay, moving on, and y'all can definitely call in once I get done, because I think there are going to be some things that that we're going to need to talk about.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: This is a story that really got me excited to because it hit a little home and it had a little personal you know, after having Catalyst California on there, and it was the last guest we had on the FMDAL. I know, it's been more than a year and if I can't remember, I don't know how to heck you gonna remember it. But essentially, we had this woman come on and she talked about how her son basically lost her life, lost his life, which was some suspect suspect activity that could have been related to some gang violence within the prison system. I had no idea, called me Bubble the fool that there were so many individuals or so many families being affected where their loved ones were being sent back to their home and they didn't have their workings, there were bruises on their body, the records were hidden. You're preventing me from physically seeing them. What's really good? You are ready to talk about it?
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: LA County Sheriff's Department formally bans formally bans Deputy Gangs or CLIQUS Los Angeles is seeking to address an issue that has long dodged the agency. Los Angeles County Sheriff Robert Luna announced a department policy Wednesday, formerly banning Now this was last week Wednesday, formerly banning so called deputy gangs and cliques. Okay. Sheriff Luna says, our employees are dedicated professionals who maintain the highest standards of integrity and service. While I recognize the issue of law enforcements gangs only involved a small fraction of the department, I also acknowledge that this long standing issue must be addressed appropriately to maintain the community's trust in us. The tireless efforts of our team to move the culture forward, strengthen our reputation, and eliminate any lingering shadows of mistrust are crucial to our public safety mission. Allegations of often violent collections of deputy organizations within the department have led to various lawsuits over the years, some by department members claiming to have been discriminated against or even physically assaulted for failing to join or submit to internal gang influence. Now, department critics have alleged that such gangs have led to increased violence by deputies against black and Hispanic residents. Now Former Sheriff Alex Villanueva long downplaying the existence or the influence of such organizations. Although he conceded during a January meeting of the Shriff Civilian Oversight Commission that some quote unquote subgroups did operate like that within the agency. Don't play with me, play with yourself, he denied they were violent gang like organizations, liking them instead to softball teams. What you mean. But critics have alleged long standing gangs do exist within the agency, with members sporting tattoos announcing their allegiance to groups with names such as Cavemen, Executioners, or even Benditos. A report released by the Civilian Oversight Commission last year suggested that at least I have a dozen deputy gangs or clicks were active in the department, with their activities leading to more than fifty five million dollars in legal damages against the agency. Now, one would think, because we talking about money, we know that if you want to hit somebody where it hurts, you hit them in their pocket. But wait, let me know if you can top this, who's money? Do you think they user my yours?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 1: Who really looking silly? So that's why when we talk about this whole notion of defunding the police, let's really really outlie what we are really meaning and what we are really talking about. Perhaps we need to allocate our funds differently, because it's not in the situation of these individuals want to be beaten, want to go to prison, want to miss out from their family. A lot of these people are trying to figure out how to survive. And when you're telling me, if I'm won't do something that might be sort of illegal, but I might have some food on the table, I might can pay the medical bill, I might can see my family. Sometimes people are doing the things that our quote unquote may not be the best decision, may not be the most appropriate decision, but it's the decision that they're trying to be survived. But if we start putting that money into our communities, into our resources, into these training programs, making sure we put advertising for job corps, we can be changing this whole conversation because we don't have to be worried about bearing in somebody else's baby, or somebody else's baby coming home and they don't have all their organs in their body, or somebody being refused to be a public viewing of their loved one because there was some suspect activity. And then you gonna sit here and did not in my face. And some of this stuff is not even happening when you got individuals that got the tattoos only all. So now what you planning me like? I'm done.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: The policy also requires that department members to take part in any investigations and allege prohibited activities. It also notes that criminal allegations may be referred to prosecutors, and allegations of participation with any band internal gangs will be referred to the Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training, which could lead to suspension or revocation of a deputy's certification. Department officials said the policy was developing in consultation with various oversight by and through negotiations with labor organizations. How about you talk to the family and the people that's been affected. Why don't you talk about that so that you can really understand, because you not the one that's sitting at your house, Okay, receiving that phone call about your loved one. Now, Grant, it ain't nobody perfect. We all make our decisions, but I be damned, I'm gonna take my life or you gonna take my life and then try to cover it up. We can't do that. But see that's why they say when you know better, you can do better. So therefore we can be better because once we understand the money that we are paying our hard work and money. So I'm pretty much gonna pay you to beat my ass. Do that sound backwards to you, y'all get ready to have that conversation on us. Don't call your shit because I got another story. Now you heard me tease, And I had to say this one for last, because child, this is when I was getting ready to have doctor's appointment earlier. But I was just scrolling through the news. I was asking I forgot to tell I was on I was talking to Toyo on the move, and I ran across this story about this college student over in Pennsylvania. Child, Are you ready for this? They had the N word carved on his chest? You hurt? Yes? Yes, students exited Gettysburg College after a racial slur is carved on a teammate. Now, I got a couple ways I want to say this again. I gotta say this again. I got a couple ways in which we're gonna talk about. And now I'm reading this from the computers. So if you're making a comment and I miss you. I'm gonna come back to it, all right, you're ready, Let me drink some water because child hmm oh, here we go. A student at Gettysburg College in southern Pennsylvania has left the school after a campus investigation found the student responsible for etching hear me when I say this, etching a racial slow lure across another student's chess during a social gathering earlier this month. Yead Gettysburg's college told NPR on Monday the student was no longer enrolled, but declined to comment on whether the student was expelled or decided to leave, citing student privacy laws. The names of the students involved have also not made public student privacy interesting. Over that past few weeks, the small liberal arts college of what some of twenty two hundred students made national headlines after the school announced it was investigating a report of a hate crime. Now this is according to the school's website, that sixty two percent of the students are white, while twenty one percent are none international students of color, none international students of color. The incident occurred on September sixth, during an informal gathering among the men's swim team at an on campus residence. According to the statements made by the college and the victim's family, there, a student used a box cutter to write the in word across their teammate's chest. The victim's family wrote in a statement published on Friday in the campus newspaper, this is the Gettysburgian. The family added that their son was the only person of color at the gathering. Now this is the according to the newspaper, what the family had to say, the reprehensible act was committed by a fellow student athlete, someone he considered to be his friend, someone whom he trusted. The incident was later reported by an upperclassman students from the swim team, and they were applauded by Gettysburg College or college president Bob Leano. In an email to the campus community about the situation on Thursday, Eleano added that two students have since been susp bend it from the swim team. Now just this past Monday, yesterday, Jamie Yates, the college's chief communications and marketing officer, told NPR the investigation was close to being finished, and once it's closed, the school plans to work with the family about how most constructively to move forward? What does that mean and what does that look like? Now? Here's another statement that was made by the victim's family to the paper. They said, according to their son, he felt at home on this campus. I don't know, you know, I'm up here. I'm trying to patiently read this story, and then I'm also trying to refrain from from commenting. What do y'all think about this story so far? Is this crazy? Or what is this insane?
Speaker 5: Or what?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: The thing that makes it interesting that for this young man who is a person of none international color, for you to be attending a school that is sixty two percent white and twenty one percent none international persons of color, what did home feel like?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: I do think it's important to diversify yourself. I myself have always went to blended schools, multi racial schools. I think that is definitely why I'm able to weave in and out no matter the crowd. But what is to be said when you can look at a school that is more than fifty percent of not what you are as far as identity, aesthetics, cultural, racially, and to say you were at home, you felt at home? I have to question or I will have to wonder what kind of upbringing is this? And you know, to be completely honest with you, I have been in situations where a one end I said, well, do we fought the institution for this? But they had no control over what this student did. It just happened. But now do you feel as though they'd taken the right repercussions? They did, they act accordingly. Is it right to conceal the student's identity? Perhaps because well, is it because they're over eighteen? I want you to call me in the studio. Let me know what you think of either stories. The one story stating how the Los Angeles Sheriff Department has now banned or done away with gangs or clicks, and then also this swimmer from the swim team in Pennsylvania who had the inWORD carved on his chest using a box cutter. What are you your thoughts on this? Or perhaps you might want to call in about the gentleman that was paying the dang On electricity bill for the past fifteen years. I'm here at taking calls. Yes, now call me eight one, eight four six one fifty four thirty two. Let's get a conversation going. Let me know if there's something you heard or something you want to talk about. Miss Mayan was like, whoa, that's too much. Miss Felicia said, why what? Oh my god? Is right, it's right, you got it. Listen who you telling? So what you think? What do you think about all this, the stories that's going on, the resources, the information pull up on me. Call me in the studio right now. Eight one eight four six one fifty four thirty two. That's eight one eight four six one fifty four thirty two. You know, I was supposed to call Ms Toya because I forgot to text her or remind her I was coming on. Hm m m m. It's really disgusting. That's why I think, you know, it's just important that we have to be more well informed about our situations and our environments, especially, you know, even when you're thinking about what's happening up in our person system, our person system. Yes, we understand that individuals are in there that probably were not all always on the right side of the tracks. But you telling me where you're supposed to get right is when you actually gonna get dead. That don't make sense, do it? Child?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Child? Bye? So does anybody want to call me in the studio? Right now. Uh. The number is eight one eight four six one fifty four thirty two eight one eight four six one five four throw thirty two call me and let me know what to do. And that reminds me. I wonder if I call a Toyo on the Move when she answered, because I want her to announce she's doing a great thing for the community in regards to giving out some toys. So perhaps I'll put a call into her really quickly.
Speaker 6: I know I call.
Speaker 1: I thought today, Oh wow, my phone does not even have all the calls all right, mm hmmm hm, let's call Toyo on the Move.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hi, is this Toyo on the Move?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, this is doing like the break of dy. First and foremost, thank you so much for putting the post up in regards to saying that I'm on live. I appreciate that. Yes, ma'am, and I just got done doing some stories and some PSAs, and then I thought about you. Could you tell the good people the information in regards to the clothing drive you're doing for this October.
Speaker 4: For Halloween.
Speaker 1: Yes, you on the air right now.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, why are you doing this for me?
Speaker 1: Because long gooing other days where you would be so shy you didn't know what to say. Not just call you no matter what time or the day. Hey, Hello, did she get too nervous?
Speaker 5: No? I didn't.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry they clicked over. I was another line. Sorry. I'm having a Halloween custom drinks for the kids, and so I'm looking for Halloween costumes so I can serve them and give them costumes for Halloween along with a guinea bag and you know, little treats and stuff.
Speaker 2: What's the flyers for?
Speaker 1: Yeah, for anybody that didn't see it, can you just get information like any specific sizes, any ages, what's the address? And then how can they contact you?
Speaker 4: My address is seven nine to seven one half soutumber in the city of lah They can contact me. My phone number is three two three two seven two one size seven twos. All sizes are welcome. I need all sizes along with this sas threes in the little goodies, any toy snacks glease or you know for the candy bags, that'll be perfect. And right now, I don't know what date as of yet, and I'm trying to see what we can get.
Speaker 1: First, okay, because that's all I was about to ask. I'm like Okay, we got the people that want to donate, but what about the other people that actually needed? So you'll keep us up to date on that then, yes me, all right, well I will be in touch with you. Uh well today it might be a little late, but for sure tomorrow I'm going to reach out because I got some bags and boxes of items to drop off to you.
Speaker 4: Yay, okay, I'll be ready for you.
Speaker 1: All right. My love will keep being amazing, keeps not on them, and thank you for doing all the good work that you do.
Speaker 4: You too, keep on being beautiful and showing inspiration to everybody you love you.
Speaker 1: Thank you beautiful.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: That was Toyo on the Move y'all. So this Halloween Halloween season is coming up, and if you were someone you know who is in need of a Halloween costume, a goodie bag for themselves or their child, or a young person or any person for that nature, make sure you hit up a Toyo on the Move on Facebook and she has a flyer with all the details, well all the details. Okay. Now again I want to thank you all for pulling up on me and uh stopping by. How did you enjoy the show today? I enjoyed you. I enjoy each and every one of you. So Miss Maya Chuck both chucks, Uh, Miss Felicia Toyo on the move, mister levon On and everybody else that's calls me, thank you, thank you. We're gonna do it again. Now here's the thing. How is this time for you? I'm thinking about pulling up again on Thursday, same time. We'd be estimating four to six. Ah, this show could have been uh, this show, we could have gotten tighter or shorter, but you know, it was the first one back. I feel like y'all needed to know some information. Yes, it's mice, thank you. You know I had went off for a second. I got caught up when were talking about the gangs and stuff and the clicks. They got me a little ride up. I'm not gonna even houch, but uh, we're gonna have some more. So, Tasha says, Okay, Tuesdays and Thursdays or what, well, those are two days that I was blanked. I was I was eyeing Tuesdays and Thursdays, Massasha says. She says, five pm to six thirty. Please, so you me to push it back to our okay, Okay, So then I could even get to the studio later and get some more news and then be able to talk some more. Okay, that's some consideration. That's what we got it going on. Anytime for mss MIA said, doing anytime for me, it's good. Oh okay, So I'm gonna keep that in mind as long as we get some viewers and y'all keep interactions so I know where my peopils are. But I'm just so glad that y'all up, y'all interacting, and y'all even called me. And now can y'all make sure that you get the word out like wildfire and any topics or anything that you guys want to talk about, go ahead and comment on the page, or go ahead and send me an email. All right, Well, I appreciate you guys, and I thank you so much for pulling up on me. Thank you so much for being a part of the official first episode. It's gonna be raw. With that being said, did y'all sign up for podcast?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Seriously, the podcast is available everywhere. Don't play with me, play with yourself, don't play with me, play with yourself. I'm gonna put it. I'm actually gonna put a link up that you can access it everywhere, so no matter what platform you're using, once you hit this link, you'll be able to find me. Okay, So I don't put that in the chat? And then what else am I missing? Is there anything else that anyone wants to know? Can I answer any additional questions? Before I head out of here? I want to remind you guys. Oh, can I tell y'all something else that y'all might be interested in? Here? This is my link tree I'm putting in here right now. This will go to all the details of Dawn. So it's link t r dot ee Forward, slash down, d Ai Speaks. Okay, I got some news for your y do y'all like to shop, here's the thing. I'll be on TikTok and I'm selling bags and shoes and all those good things. So pull up on me if you are looking for some discoun of shoes or perhaps some preloved bags. Okay, tomorrow you can definitely tune in about twelve pm. Usually we started at eleven, but twelve pm. B Lovely Official b E l O v E l Y Lovely Official, you can catch me on there. Okay, all right, so there you have it. Send me an email, yes, honey, And you know I'm building a good fan base too, So I was like, you know, soon we're gonna be live on TikTok. I mean I have everything. I just got to get sure all the details together. But this was the first accomplishment, So just taking it back from what we started out with, adell be easy in yourself, Okay, take time with yourself and be patient with yourself. Remember life is the greatest teacher because first you take the test and then you learn the lesson. Inch by inch. Life's a cinch yard by yard. Life is hard, and sometimes you're gonna bump your head. But if you fall down on seven times, get up eight. If you can look up, you can get up. Your location is not your destination. Catch it because it's hot, uh huh. And I'm gonna get my fine apples back in here. Don't play with me, play with yourself, all right, y'all. I gotta housekeeping this here. I gotta get out the studio. I gotta get some things done. But I wanted to let you know that I appreciate you. Show me that email Vitamin d at down dai speaks dot com. You can follow me on all social media at Dawn Dai Speaks and don't forget to follow us all the podcast Vitamin D Dawn Dai speaks. All right, y'all, you know I'm in the business of making dreams come true and I damn I ain't gonna forget about myself. So until next time, family, always remember you are your greatest asset. By that, get your right in.
Speaker 2: Indy right here with me, and get excited
Speaker 5: About your life.