Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The eighty two game preseason is in the books, and it's finally time for the real season. Don't miss out on any NBA playoff action at DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. From the play in tournament through the finals. Draft Kings Sportsbook as you covered with same game parlays, live betting, ods, boost and much more. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code Shannon. New customers can bear five dollars and get two hundred and bonus bets instantly. That's the code Shannon only on DraftKings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hop and wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothell, Casino w and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus beets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue ins See DKG dot co slash b ball for eligibility and depositive restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: The playoffs are upun us the best place to watch right there in person. Game Time is an authorized ticket marketplace for playoff basketball, which makes getting playoff tickets even easier and faster. Prices on game time app actually go down closer it gets to tip off with killer last minute deals, all in prices, views from your seat, the Lord's price guarantee game time. Take the guests work out of buying tickets, save even more when you choose a section and let game time. Choose to see the lower price guaranteed or game Time will credit one and ten percent of the difference. Take the guests work out of buying playoff basketball tickets with game time. Download the game time out, create an account, use code Nightcap twenty dollars off your first purchase. Terms apply again. Creat an account. Redeem code Nightcap nigt CAAP for twenty dollars off. Download game Time today, last minute tickets, lowest price guaranteed. Thank you, ladies and gentlemen for joining us for another episode of Nightcap I am your favorite unk, Shannon Sharp, He's your favorite number eighty five, Route Runner, Extraordinary being Anna Ring of Fame, Artery Pro Bowler, All Pro Liberty cent is on from the bottom. He's Chad Oh, Jo Sinko, Risotto Johnson. Please make sure you hit that light button. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. And thank you guys again for selling out Shade by Laportier. We're only taking pre orders. We're gonna clean up all back inventory and you know what, be right back on track again. So what I really want to thank you for is your patience, understanding that the demand got so great. We did not anticipate this, but we're glad that you love the product. We glad that you're ordering the product, and we're doing everything we can to accommodate you. So thank you for your patience and we'll make sure we get that out to you as soon as possible. Please go follow my media company pages on all platforms Shapes Shape Media and my clothing Company eighty four. Both handles are listed below, So please thank you guys. And now I'm very excited to reveal Nightcap merch that will be released Saturday at one pm Eastern take a look at the video.
Speaker 1: Yeahah, that's me. That's me. That's me.
Speaker 3: That's me. That's me.
Speaker 1: Okay you see that stick Yeah yeah, yeah, y'all see what it is.
Speaker 3: She is.
Speaker 5: Stay with me now, she had come on now Yeah, okay, I see you got a little legit modeling that thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, we do we do it in big o choe.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, T shirts, hoodies and caps. Yep, that's what The initial release will be the same as it was for Club Shay Shape.
Speaker 3: It's going to be the same thing for Nightcap.
Speaker 2: Then eighty four will release, which will be my personal clothing line in about two weeks, the same thing hoodies, T shirts, and hats, and then moving forward with have another release for each Club Sha Sha, Nightcap and eighty four.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys for the purchases thus far on Club Shay Shape. I greatly greatly appreciate your support. You guys have held it down. We're almost four years in existence, and you guys have been a lot of you guys have been with me every step of the way, from my very first interview which was my brother, to the last interview that we just put up yesterday, which is Kale from Keenan and k So thank you so much for your support. Greatly greatly appreciate that. And so oh choe wo yoh. The t Wolves b greats off the Nuggets. T Wolves win one fifteen to seventy forced the game seven, and Man twenty seven points, four rebounds, four assists, three threes. Jadon McDaniels twenty one points, eight or ten for rebounds, two blocks, Mike Collin twelve points, five cents, four rebounds, Cat ten points, thirteen rebounds five or Sis Reid naz Reid ten points, eleven rebounds, Rudy Gobert eight points, fourteen rebounds. Minnesota forty five point win is the second largest margin of victory in an NBA history when facing postseason elimination.
Speaker 3: How about these defensive numbers for the Wolves.
Speaker 2: Denver Nuggets shot thirty percent overall, They were nineteen percent from the three not twelve turnovers, leading to nineteen points. The Lords Nuggets had scored all season before tonight with eighty points Game two of the series and the Game six, Denver only put up seventy points. Now, as aunt Man said that you held up in the game, we got a Game seven, as we had when he was leaving Arena on the other night when they lost in Game five, he said, we'll see y'all back or game seven. The thing that you gotta love about him, oyo, whether he win big or he lose, he has the same bravado. He played there, exact same way. And you gotta, you gotta, you gotta love that about him because a lot of times, oyo, we've seen guys talk big when they're winning, and now all of a sudden they lose, They run out the locker room.
Speaker 3: They ain't got nothing to say.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's standing on business coming either way you win and lose. And that's that's what I love about him. But in general, obviously, I think ant Man is the perfect face for the NBA. Oh you got to be the next man up, because he delivers on and off the court, and he's a polarizing, charismitic, charismatic figure.
Speaker 1: He's perfect for it.
Speaker 5: And you know what, I have a feeling, I have a feeling everything is set in place for them for that Game seven, and I have I don't know why, I can feel, I can feel it deep down in my soul. Despite Denver's experience, playoff experience, game seven experience. For some reason, I have a feeling that ant Man and company is gonna beat them boys.
Speaker 1: I don't I can feel it.
Speaker 5: I know you probably disagree with me because obviously the nuggas coming off, coming off of championship. I don't know why, and just some deep down in me says Aunt is going to will not only his way, but his team's weight and getting them boys passed, getting the boys pass Nuggets.
Speaker 2: Well, you could see early on in the ball game. The Nuggets got out to a nine to two lead. Next thing you know is nine to nine. You look up again, it's thirty one to eleven, and ant Man led that charge. Yeah, I was making shots, but you look at Cat, you look at Rudy Gobert owning the back boards. Second chance points. They won the rebounding margin by nineteen and so now that gives you an opportunity to get second chance points. Look, the Nuggets miss some shots. They missed some shots that we've seen Jababer the problem. They've missed a lot, but shots that we've seen, Jamal Murray May, shots that we've seen Michael Porter Junior May, they missed those shots. Now are they gonna make all the shots? Probably not, but I think they'll make a lot more shots. I think they played Saturday. If I'm not mistaken, I think they'll make a lot more shots than they missed. The question is can Minnesota summons up that same intensity one more time?
Speaker 5: Can you do it more time? Can you do it collectively? At that collectively? At Man had twenty seven. Michael Conny gave you thirteen.
Speaker 1: Cat. We need Cat to show up on We need to show up. He took shot.
Speaker 5: I know he only took ten shots, but again, it's the bright lights Cat when he just show up baby. And I said he was a superstar the last time I talked, and the people in the chat, they corrected me on Twitter. They corrected me in the chat as well. They said he just a star. They said he's just a star because he's not showing up the way he should. I need Cat to be a superstar. I want him to be the superstar that I know he can be based on what I know he can do. That Goddamn Rudy Goberr did what he's supposed to do. Obviously, he was a defensive jugger.
Speaker 1: Not tonight.
Speaker 5: Jade McDaniels, Boy, you need to take a goddamn bioby, James McDaniels, you need to take a goddamn bib why or you was?
Speaker 1: He was the real deal. He was a difference maker tonight. Obviously. Yeah, he had twenty one.
Speaker 5: Excuse me, my bad, My bad, my bad, I got some in my mind. Yeah, he was a difference maker to night. And when you look at the game as a whole, I look at it as well them. Did the Nuggets actually lose this game? Or I'm trying to say, how do I say it the right way? Being that Murray played so so poorly.
Speaker 2: It's the second game he's only had in the first half.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, so it's like like, did y'all even try I'm not saying that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's that's Minnesota. Minnesota. Give them credit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, okay, yeah, so so we just go we're gonna get We're gonna get a Wolve's.
Speaker 1: Credit then yeah, okay, the defensive got that I'm not gonna make. I'm not I'm not gonna make no excuses for the Nuggets. It was the guy damn.
Speaker 2: Wolves all day. They they got after him, they got up into him, they crowded them. Like I said, they had some open shots that they missed. But give those guys credit. But Michael Porter Junior can't be three or nine, Jamal Murray can't be for eighteen, KCP can't be six. I mean they shot seven and thirty six. See the problem that you run into. It's kind of like a lot of team Okay, we shoot the three, we normally make the three. Okay, tonight you're shooting the three. You're not making the sheet three. And you continue to shoot the three.
Speaker 3: You not making it. So you know, a.
Speaker 2: You gotta keep shooting, shoot and shoot. You know what I'm saying. You miss all the shots you don't take. Well, hell you missing all the shots that you do take. We get your hands closer into the paint. And also Minnesota dominant dominated him in the paint. The paint points, you get second chance, you get the ball back, you put it up. They did a great job. Give Rudy Gobert credit. He was he only he only scored like eight nine points. But the rebounding, the defense was a lot better. Look the other night, Yo, kin, you made some hell of shots. I went back and watched the entire game. Yo, Kic, you made some shots that if that's anybody else that's a block shot. Rudy go give Rudy Gobert gets a block shot. He made it tough. Now there are some shots I'm like, well, damn Rudy, the guy that got you looking like me. But there was also some shots that, yo, kid, you made that. Ain't nothing you can do about that. You just say you look at him, say, coach, hey, hell, he just made a bet. He made a better play. Sometimes, better offense beat good defense, just that simple great you know, great pitching beat great hitting. You know, yeah, a great throw and a great throw will be the great beat great coverage you see, guy, the guy right there.
Speaker 5: Ball placement every time will always win, no matter how good your coverage is, you know. And since I've been watching, obviously, I've been watching the playoffs, paying better attention and learning the game a little bit more so I can be able to talk it with you and Gil. I've come to learn that Joker is the real deal. So now I'm understanding the three MVPs. I'm also come to understand that God damn Luca throwing all types of hes got he got all, he got all they got bags. But it looks so he don't I don't. I don't excuse me. I don't mean to be disrespectful. It looks so slow and lethargic. It's like there there's no.
Speaker 1: Type of no type of explosion, or just no type of.
Speaker 2: They ain't got no they ain't got no forty inch verticals. But here you don't give me.
Speaker 1: The word to use. Give me the word to use, so I don't sound disrespectful.
Speaker 3: We're looking.
Speaker 2: We're looking for our athletes to be abbed up, be able to jump out the gym, to be all the things that we're used to seeing. The Michaels, the Kobe's, the Jordan's, all those guys are super, super athletic, affected without it. Though they're a guy. They always they go to the park, they gonna always be shirts. Ain't nobody knowing neither one of them taking their shirt off. They always gonna be on the shirts when they on the black top. So we already know that. But you're looking at them, and I think the thing is sometimes you underestimate them and then you're looking like man, better d dude though, And this thing, you know, Luca got a thirty point or forty point triple double.
Speaker 3: Yo kids got a thirty or forty.
Speaker 2: Point triple double because you looking at them and esthetically you're like, I don't see no calf muscles.
Speaker 3: I don't see no.
Speaker 2: I don't see no no, no, no cuts. I don't see nothing. I don't see no guys jumping over nobody. Ain't nobody posterizing nobody. But if you look at the statline at the end of the night, man he cooked. Everybody ain't on. And so that's what it is. Because we're used to seeing super super athletic guys be able to do that, and neither one of those guys are super super athletic, but their basketball IQ is tremendous. They do a great job. You're not gonna speed them up. Luca's gonna play at his speed, Yolk's gonna play at his speed. You come do all that other stuff. Another thing that the that the t Wolf did tonight. Look at Yoki's assist total. Yeah, two, we'll give you your You get yours, ain't nobody else gonna do ish. So now we're not gonna let you have a thirty point fourteen or twelve assists night. That ain't gonna happen. Because you do that, you get off, and now you make it easier for Murray, You make it easier for KCP, You make it easier for Michael Porter. Nah, we're gonna give you your You go ahead. You played one on one, but they did the God they trapped a lot of time. They got him at the top of the key. They came with the trap and they said, we're gonna roll the dice because we don't believe you're gonna hit those shots that you hit in Denver.
Speaker 3: Give give the Tea Wolves credit. You can't take away everything.
Speaker 2: You have to give up something, but hopefully what we're giving up doesn't hurt us long term.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but listen, what's what's the chances that the Nuggets have a horrible shooting night in Game seven this Saturday like they did tonight.
Speaker 3: I would put I would put money they won't.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm not saying they're about to go out there and shoot sixty five percent from the floor and fifty percent from the three and ninety percent from the free throw line.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna say that.
Speaker 2: But the likelihood of them shooting seven for thirty six or them shooting thirty percent from the floor, that probably not gonna happen.
Speaker 3: On Joe Back that's not gonna happen. No, No, that's gonna be.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be a good game. That's gonna be a very good game.
Speaker 3: Question is, remember you see how to roll play? Now?
Speaker 2: Remember I told you the other night how role players play better at home? Yeah, you see the crowd get behind him, and now everybody making shots, even guys that we don't customary see making shots. Question is can you turn it over? Can you take can you package that and take it on the road? Right, because when we played on Joe, remember this said what it's saying, Oh Joe, your run game, of your defense, that of travel.
Speaker 3: You can take it anywhere.
Speaker 1: Take it to.
Speaker 2: Miami, take it to Kansas City, take it to Buffalo. It does not matter. If you can play defense, you can run the ball.
Speaker 3: All yeah, you're good. You straight.
Speaker 2: Question is now, can you take that defense that you brought tonight? Can you package that up? Take it on the road. But to find out because you're one step away, you're in the Western Conference champions You're in the Western Conference Finals with a chance to go to the NBA Finals. See this is how I see what ant Man is doing. See this is how you become ion. This is how you make a name for yourself. Magic Johnson became Magic Johnson in the playoffs when he jumped center for care in the NBA Finals and when forty two, fifteen and seven.
Speaker 3: That's when you become iconic.
Speaker 2: When you start doing stuff in the playoffs, Lebron Playoff, Steph KD, Kobe shot.
Speaker 3: You become iconic in these moments.
Speaker 2: Moments right, you see ad Man before your eyes because now a lot of times in Minnesota game now they're gonna be on TV a lot next year, best believe that. But people are getting an opportunity. That's what the playoff does. It gives you an opportunity because every game is gonna be on television. It gives people an opportunity that doesn't normally watch outside of Golden State Lakers, the Celtics.
Speaker 3: Now you get to see the Timberwoard.
Speaker 2: Now you get to see this young twenty two year old put in that work, giving folk that business. So I'm happy for the Timberward. Look, ain't nothing, Mike Malone, ain't nothing to say. I'm not gonna show up no film. What I'm gonna show him? I gotta be by forty five bad?
Speaker 3: Please? What what am I gonna take out of that O joe.
Speaker 1: Right, you're right, you throw that one? Do you throw that? Do you throw that one in the trash.
Speaker 3: Scrap whole tape?
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, coach the hole tape for Saturday, and you know that's where the video a coach anything you want to break down?
Speaker 3: Hell no, throw that thing away. You may not break that thing in this building. That thing band.
Speaker 1: Look, I remember them day. Hey, that's you remember that twenty four hour rule. Yeah? Yeah, Let let us shit for twenty four hour four hours up onto the next.
Speaker 3: On to the next game.
Speaker 2: All right, o yoll n, it's time for our first segment of the night, and it's called a news cap. The NFL released a schedule yesterday. The Cleveland Browns have the most difficult schedule, followed by the Baltimore Ravens. We got this, We got it up on your screen. The Browns have the most difficult schedule.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 2: It seems like everybody in the AFC North because you got the brown The Ravens and the Steelers have the most difficult schedule, followed by the Texas, the Packers, the Giants, to Bill, the Jacks, so forth, and so on. Guests who have the fairly easy schedule. Seemed like the Chiefs, Uh, they're way way down there. I've been a little pack But the Atlanta Falcons they have the easy schedule. Seems like everybody in the NFC South because Atlanta's at Atlanta and New Orleans are tied for the easiest schedule, followed by the Bears and then the Carolina Panthers.
Speaker 3: All right, oh Joe, what's you what? What?
Speaker 2: What's your thinking? Hold on prime time games by team? The Jets forty nine ers in Dallas all have six. Kansas City, Buffalo, Detroit, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Philly, Miami, and the re The Rams.
Speaker 3: I think that's the Rams. Rams have five.
Speaker 2: Houston, Pittsburgh, Tampa, Seattle, Atlanta, Cleveland have four. The Giants Chicago. Oh no, that's the Raiders lost the lost Las Vegas.
Speaker 3: That's the Rams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's that's the Raiders. No, that's the that's the Rams. Okay Rams, that's the Rams, okay Rams.
Speaker 3: They have five.
Speaker 2: Now the Jets, no, excuse me, the Giant Chicago, the Chargers, New Orleans have three. Minnesota, Las Vegas, Raiders, Washington, Denver, Jacksonville have two. Indy, New England, Arizona, Tennessee have one co pold Carolina, Uh, Ojo?
Speaker 3: Do you remeally?
Speaker 2: I don't know if y'all ever had these? Did y'all ever have jamboree games?
Speaker 1: Jamboree in high Schoolah? Yeah, high school jamboree?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so where you played one team for a half and then you play another team for half.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, yeah, yeah, So that's what.
Speaker 2: That's that's what that's what Carolina, Carolina gonna start paying. See if I'm Carolina, I got a great Here is my strategy, ojo. I would let people in the game free, and then I'm gonna charge their ass to get out.
Speaker 3: I got them.
Speaker 1: Hey that's a good that's a good one. Hey, that's a good one.
Speaker 5: You gotta, hey one, you gotta you gotta get him to show up first.
Speaker 3: That's got you.
Speaker 1: Gotta get him to show up first.
Speaker 3: First game of the season. Hey, Carolina, tickets free?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Now I'm gonna charge you to get out right, alright, five dollars.
Speaker 1: That's a good one.
Speaker 3: All right, No, Joe, what you like about what you like about the schedule? I mean, who you like? Who you like? Who you like early?
Speaker 5: I mean obviously I like, I like the top teams. You know who I really want to see I'm really curious about. I'm really I really want to see with the Jets. Do the Jets have have so many primetime games despite their record last year Monday Night on the road in San Francisco, exactly because they have Aaron Rodgers. Yes, as long as Aaron Rodgers can stay upright. They made some improvings offensively, so I'm curious to see what they look like, which is why they have so many primetime games. Forty nine is gonna be the forty nine Ers. Chiefs are going to be the Chiefs. I would like to see that. You know, I would have liked to see the Houston Texans for more primetime games.
Speaker 1: I know they have four, but with c J.
Speaker 5: Stroud did last year, he needs to be on primetime a little bit more. He needs to be on prime time a little bit more. So I'm excited for that. I'm excited for them. The Bengals are gonna do what the bang gonna do. The Dolphins are gonna do what the Dolphins do. The Ravens are gonna do what they do. Outside of that, they're gonna be one team that we're counting out that we don't expect to do good this year. There's always a surprising team. I don't know what team that will be, but somebody going to emerge and surprise everybody. Who's gonna be I don't know yet, I don't I don't know yet, but I'm excited.
Speaker 1: I'm excited for the season.
Speaker 5: And one more thing before you go on, whoever is responsible, but the creativity, whoever is responsible from the teams as far as Twitter is concerned, for the creativity of.
Speaker 1: The schedule, grees and the way they did it.
Speaker 5: Every team, uh their media team, media members, whoever runs their Twitter accounts. They did one hell of a fucking job, one hell of a job and that's all thirty two teams very creative and it was They're exciting for me. I'm sitting here, I'm refreshing all the different teams Twitter accounts. Yeah, trying to see the Bengals was dope. Cleveland and I hate to say it, Cleveland was really dope. Obviously, the Cowboys O was dope. Other few teams are really really, really funny and you I'm talking so fast. I'm so goddamn excited for football season. I can't wait bo the NFL.
Speaker 2: Week one out, they gave revenge game Baltimore Thursday night on.
Speaker 3: The road in Kansas City.
Speaker 2: Week seven, Chiefs at forty nine Ers, Steelers, Week two at Broncos Russell Wilson, Sean Payton, Ravens at Chargers, Week twelve the Hardball Bowl.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Week five, Bill's at Texans Stefan Digg's revenge game.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They got some a the NFL look, and you know that schedule. We're talking about that as the goals along. Oh Yoe, Well, I think the Ravens they got like three games in like fifteen days. Yeah, yeah, And so I think the Ravens. I think it's the Ravens in Kansas City, and I think it's one other team that played like three games in like fifteen sixteen days. He had to work cut out for. That's a lot they might need to get them. Boy, it's two weeks off after that with Ojoe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I think I think after Joe Burrow made the suggestion, if they're trying to implement an eighteen game teams having two by weeks, I think that is feasible. I'm not sure how the NFL will be able to work it out. There's always a way to work it out, and they just the season.
Speaker 3: So what you do, Ojoe?
Speaker 2: You think, okay, we're only gonna play one preseason game, right, and now we're going to start yet, So now like it's very it's very incumbent. Guys come into shape because now you're not gonna be able to be able to have those preseason again. Because here's the thing on Joe, Guys are not playing in the preseason anyway. So while we and you're charging fans price like it's a ular season games and they seeing guys that's either gonna be on the practice squad or not make the team.
Speaker 3: That's not fair to the fans. Right.
Speaker 5: Okay, another thing, now we got to be cautious here. Now you have to remember the preseasons for college players, for free agents.
Speaker 1: Trying to make the team as well.
Speaker 5: Now you take some preseason games away from those players trying to put something on film for their resume.
Speaker 1: To get picked up, then what do we do about them?
Speaker 5: Because it takes away their opportunities trying to make a team or trying to make a squad somewhere else.
Speaker 2: You know what, OO and I said this before, had the situation where it's one play game or three preseason games. I'm not so sure Shannon Sharp made it because I made it on the last game of the preseason and we had five games that year, so it was very It was very helpful to me. I think the thing is, guys are teams now. A lot of these college guys, they're at the OTAs. They don't get the lead way that the veteran guys get to not be able to show up. So, oh Joe, you have a few surprises, But for the most part, the coaches know who's gonna make who's gonna be a fill out that fifty three man roster. You're gonna get a surprise here there. You're gonna get a Johnny Randall that's an undrafted fridger. That a Wes Welker that's an undrafted fridger. A Rod Smith that's an undrafted fridger. You're gonna get a Tom Brady that shows enough. And they say, you know what, we're gonna keep four quarterbacks a Shannon Sharp in the seventh round. What you're gonna get a guy here or there. But but the most part is Zach Thomas, an undrafted free agent to go. Yeah, with the for the most part, you know, with the exception of maybe one or two guys, who's gonna fill like that fifty three man roster?
Speaker 3: Now who this is? Why?
Speaker 2: Now all of a sudden, the coaching, the OTA's come in because now I get an opportunity to look, you don't make the roster. But I think with another year him being in our system, Oh sure, I think this kid could be really.
Speaker 3: Good for it.
Speaker 2: So now let's put him on the practice squad. Let's watch him work every day. Does he get better? Does he get better? Rod Smith came in there and they put him on the practice squad. But every day, every day, Roy, you can see Rod getting better. He wanted to be Tim Brown. He wanted to be whoever the best receiver was that we were fake scout team. Yeah, that's what he wanted to do. He get the jersey. They ran it, They ran his little skinny ass in the ground. But he'll grab it. He'll grab the jersey. I got it, I got it. And you can see him getting better and better, better and better, better and better. Next year we started the season, Uh we go three by one. Hell Mary, he backside by himself against Darryl Green John put it up.
Speaker 3: He jumped over the top of him, catching for a touchdown. We win the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I been after that. That was all she wrote.
Speaker 2: On Yeah, oh your how you ended up featured in the Cowboys release?
Speaker 3: Hey? You know what you know?
Speaker 5: Jerry hit me, you know, after getting on Jerry a lot, you know. And Jerry called my phone and Jerry was like, no, Chad, I hear some of you and some of the things you in sharp be saying and and and I hear you loud and clear.
Speaker 1: I hear loud and clear.
Speaker 5: And I'm gonna do my due justice and my due diligence too, to try to stay out the media, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Jerry told me. He said, it's very hard for It's very hard for me.
Speaker 5: It's the way I conduct business and the way I've run things all my life.
Speaker 1: But I hear you loud and clear.
Speaker 5: So and Jerry asked me, you know, do you want to be a part of our schedule release. I was like, Jerry, man, listen, and I love you man. I just I meant no harm by any of things.
Speaker 1: I said.
Speaker 5: I love the Cowboys, I love Dak, I love the players, and I just felt they deserve more as as do the fans. Jerry, That's that's all I'm trying to get you to see. And he said, I appreciate that. And I told him I'll do the release and uh, you know, just you FaceTime me and and I act like I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: That's how that started. Yeah, So it was great. I mean, it's gonna be some great games. It's gonna be great for us. We got we got a second year up under our belt. We're gonna get better, building a studio, We're gonna be able to have graphics. We're gonna be able to let people see the rundown of what we're gonna be able to talk about in the secrets in which we're gonna talk about it. Our graphics gonna gonna get better. We're gonna get better. We're gonna give people. We're gonna give the fans, our listener, our listening audience, and our viewing audience better content. And it's gonna be it's gonna be really Uh look at that bron At talking about ant Man, but it's gonna be great. I I'm really really excited about this season. I'm really because you got great storylines. Aaron Rodgers at the Jets, you got back, you got Patrick Mahomes. Can they can they do something no other team has done in the Super Bowl era, which is three p Joe Burrow, Lamar is this year Lamar finally get the Ravens over the hump, not to the championsh your game into the super Bowl that's gonna be played this year in New Orleans. You know where it's at. The Bengals will be there. I don't worry about it. Yeah, that's the question. Deshaun Watson. Yeah, is he finally back? Is he finally back? And so look, we got great match ups to start out the season, where we got a great match ups throughout the season, and like you said, a lot of times, don't yo, what we don't think will be a great matchup sometimes materializes into being a great matchup because both teams are not what we thought they would be.
Speaker 3: They're even better.
Speaker 5: You know what was funny, Remember how I said earlier it's always one team?
Speaker 1: Yeah, every season. That surprised you.
Speaker 5: Man, What if Carolina happens to be that team? What happens if Carolina happens to be that team that comes out of nowhere and shocks the goddamn world and play the extremely world. They come out the gate four or five and oher, you know, and we're like, man, what the hell it's going on?
Speaker 2: The question is, O Joe, have they done enough offensively to give Bryce young the core that he needs, the receivers, tight ends and did they do enough to shore up that offensive line to protect them. I don't worry about We've seen. Look, you play at Alabama. You play at that level where the expectations are out the yin yang. Game in and game out, You're expected to win the SEC, You're expected to win the SEC championship, You're expected to compete and win national championships, and you're in that pressure cooker on a weekly basis. The question is have they done enough to put the hedges around him, which is the protected shield offensive line, skill position players. Have they done enough to ensure this young man can have success that remains to be seen?
Speaker 3: O Joe? Check this out.
Speaker 2: Greg Olso stayed with Fox after the for the twenty twenty four NFL season, Although he won't be making as much money as he did season, Rollson's salary will drop from ten million to three million with the drop down from one the number one team to the number two team. Now, Olson will be an analyst on the NFL Network on the network's number two NFL team, partner About play by Play, Joe David Brady will make his debut Cowboys Cleveland match up Week one.
Speaker 1: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 3: I don't o Joe.
Speaker 2: I don't listen to the sound, but from what everybody has told me, he's done an outstanding job.
Speaker 1: Greg Osen, Oh yeah, look, listen, listen.
Speaker 5: When I think about Greg Olsen, obviously I've watched him many a time before, I'm not gonna say Greg Olsen is as good as Tony Romo when it comes to play by play calling. But he's phenomenal. He's someone that can listen to. He's someone that I enjoy when he is calling games. He's someone that I enjoy listening to.
Speaker 1: I like Tony Romo.
Speaker 5: I like listening Tony Romo because Tony played the game at such a high level. He has such a keen iq for what's going through, happened before it happens, and when players are development.
Speaker 1: I love to hear Tony call the play.
Speaker 5: Before the play even happens because he knows based off for Mason recognition down in distance, and it's so funny to hear him.
Speaker 1: Say what's gonna happen?
Speaker 5: And nine times out of ten, whatever he says, that's exactly what happens. It's it's so funny. It's so funny watching Tony do what. Greg is also very good. He's very good at his job. I think I think a lot of guys can do that. But it's kind of like when the draft. Although Adam Scheff and the insiders have the information what teams are gonna do, what the commission to do, y'all stop that because you're taking the fun out of it. You're robbing the guys of that opportunity. You're robbing the fans of listening at home of that opportunity. Now, some some fans they love that.
Speaker 2: They love like, man, Tony sale is gonna be a run, Oh, Tony Salem's gonna be a path. Well, hell, they came with one of the two. You can either run the ball, you can throw the defense, wash the run, watch the path. I said, well, damn, you got a fifty to fifty chance. Say hell, we can't do it, but one another. Helen's first down, what you expect us to.
Speaker 3: Do plunt it.
Speaker 2: So a lot a lot of fans say they like it. Some fans says, no, hey wants to play happeners, tell us what happened.
Speaker 3: But some fans like that.
Speaker 2: They like, you know, like what it's gonna be a dive off the tackle, or it's gonna be they're gonna run the smoke screen we call the jail breaker, or they about to run you know, they're about to run a special especially play because it's something that he saw them practice on a Friday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know, to.
Speaker 2: Each his own, Like I said, I don't listen to the sound because I already know what I'm looking for and I don't want somebody to contaminate what I'm gonna say on air or what I'm gonna see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what you hear me say? Those are my original thoughts.
Speaker 2: Now, could it be possible that some of us think alike because a lot of us, you know, Romo myself and oh so Common's worth a lot of us guys, the guys that you see there seeing for Ryan Clark from Saturday, you know, we did play in the league. So maybe we might have some similar thoughts. But I promise you I'm not listening to anybody speak because I know what I'm looking for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's always great.
Speaker 2: So I'm sorry Greg, from what they tell me, you know, he'll tied end here in the fraternity he was doing a great job of damn. Yeah three, he's good. But here's the thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you got to understand who coming in.
Speaker 5: Now, you know Tommy taking Tommy is taking the meat and potatoes of the money that's available for the broadcasters.
Speaker 1: He taking the meat potatoes.
Speaker 5: Now, I've never seen Tom in that environment, in that space having to do play by play. But if I know Tom Brady and understand how he is when it comes to the game of football and the work he's going to put in to be the best at what he does, I'm sure he's going to do a phenomenal job as well, because he has obviously the IQ, the understanding of the game, all the nuances, knowing what's coming based on down and distance, similar to that of Tony Romo.
Speaker 1: So I'm sure he's gonna do a hell of a job. I got a question for you too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: You know, I like to talk a lot, and sometimes I talk too fast, and I think one of the things I need to work on is to minimize my cursing. But how would you think how you think I would do a play by play on the Sunday? What do you think about that? Me and a play by play with my with my voice not changing the way I talk, talking the way I do, whereas like barbershop talk, but I'm doing play by play on Fox or CBS still sounded like me without the cursing.
Speaker 2: What you think that's gonna be tough because you have to understand your voice. What we do is a niche because it is barbershop talk. And this is why, that's why it's relatable to a lot of people. Now, what about the people that don't look like that, don't go to the barbershop? They go to Salon's. Ah. And here's the thing, O, Joe, are you gonna put the time in the study like they?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, hey, you know as soon as we hit this football topic, you notice how I'm just rabbed them on it and I just keep on going because I'm already ready.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, you got you gotta study.
Speaker 2: You got to go back and watch film even now, you gotta watch film differently.
Speaker 5: Previous previous, Yes, yes, I gotta watch previous games.
Speaker 2: Understab all I watched. All we watched was the defense. We ain't give it down, but their offense was gonna do. We ain't not able to feel with the offense. We just worried about defense. So now you've got to go back and watch all their offense, right, all their defense.
Speaker 1: Of the defense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you got to watch the opposing team, all their offense and all their defense. I mean, if you want to put that kind of time in, could you do it? You're but the question is do you want to put that kind of time in? That's that's the thing.
Speaker 1: You know, when you think about it, And I'm asking for a reason.
Speaker 5: In the opportunity presented itself, I don't think they would put someone like myself with too charismatic, too much, too much of a personality. I think that that could be more of a distraction than anything. And in that type of setting. You know, when you think about broadcasters or play by play callers, there's nobody with my time type of cashet. You know what I'm trying to say, it's it's not a bad thing, and just no, it's not the right it's not the it's not the right setting.
Speaker 1: For someone like myself. But I think it would be fun.
Speaker 5: It would be something different that people aren't used to seeing or hearing, and I like it. So if the opportunity different than itself, obviously you know, I will put into work so I don't not just embarrass myself but embarrass my employer as well.
Speaker 2: So I called a game one time. CBS sent us all out into the field. It sent me what I was. I'll call the Denver game. I think bull I forget who Boomer call. I think Danny did one. And it was fun, you know, because you're watching the game, and I remember we had the Jacksonville game, and I say, the thing that scares me about Jacksonville is that when you have the record that they have O Joe, I said, they'll try anything. They're trying to fake punch it their on sidekick you and whatn't they do? Come out with an on side kick, come out with a fake punt. Yeah, so it's it's fun. But man I man, I was like, man, I ain't really trying to study like this moment.
Speaker 3: I really, I really not. I want to talk look the games.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about the game, but I want to watch the game in real time, okay, and didn't have a conversation. Now we'll be able to We'll be able to have some some callback. Yeah, because we've watched this team play three or four games. So, oh Joe, you remember the ad. Remember that play got him in trouble before somebody beat beat him on a double move. We're talking about how you beat Trayvonde. You double movie? You just not if you just running that speed out, He's gonna sit.
Speaker 5: On it now, he gonna pick it going the other way. You better, you better miss out of bounds.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: So I like to call back, but I don't want to. I don't want to, I don't want to play. I don't me personally. Now you might say, you know what, yeah, man, I do. I want to challenge myself and to see if I can do it at that level. Hey, I'm gonna pust it up in my home and I'm gonna devote my time if that's what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 3: But boy, I want no part of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because see here is the thing you could you would be better at it the meet because I'm too honest. And see, when you do play by play, you have to be a little bit more PC because if you're too honest, now, when it comes down to meeting and production meeting, you're not gonna get anybody to come in there and talking.
Speaker 1: You may want to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you would definitely be better at it than I am.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact. Okay, So this is what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna have I'm gonna.
Speaker 5: Have Doug put the call in. So let me tell you my schedule for football season. I'm gonna tell you my schedule for all season. This is how I'm gonna view my next six months. Once August hits, we got nightcap, right, yeah, and then.
Speaker 1: Off of with Steve and A. I know Steve and A gonna see this.
Speaker 5: I want to go on First Take with you and Steven Ay maybe once a week, just once a week.
Speaker 1: I ain't trying to be greedy. I just want to come on there. I want to talk football with y'all.
Speaker 5: Doing football season once a week, maybe a Monday, maybe a two. Maybe maybe a Monday, and we can cover whatever happened throughout the weekend. Boom I already have inside the NFL. You know, it'side the NFL with Ryan Clark and those boys, boom play by play.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna have the time, you don't think, so that's too much. Think about it.
Speaker 2: Think about the players I play, what they do all the play by play guys, what they do play by place.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it, because you can't where you're gonna do. How you gonna do night camp? How you gonna do Nightcap on a Sunday where you just talked the game and all you all you saw was the game that you.
Speaker 1: Called, Oh okay okay.
Speaker 2: So that's where you run into the problem at see what you do? Now on Sunday we get an opportunity to sit down and we get to watch all the game, watch everything. Yeah, that's why people like, Man, why you don't go to the game? I said, if I go to the game, I'm only watching the game that I'm at. What about the other games that we got to talk about? And I can't bull dropping? I actually gotta watch the games.
Speaker 1: Right, I don't know, I don't know. I like that though. I like that little I like that little play I just set up in my head though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm just saying, how you how you go talk on nightcap when you only watch one game?
Speaker 3: We talked five games, then was hey.
Speaker 5: How about this, Okay, how about this forget play by play inside the NFL, ESPN once a week with y'all in Nightcap, and then all my and then you know, I got, I got all my other jobs. I mean you know, I got with EA and all the other stuff I got going on boom. So I'm trying to My goal is doing football season is to have forty forty jobs. I'm serious becauselast last listen, last last six months, I mean last year, you know, six months out of the year, I had thirty seven.
Speaker 1: So I'm trying I'm trying to increase that.
Speaker 5: If I can get to forty forty different gigs or that shit add up black, Yeah, of course, yeah, that shit added up because of you inside the NFL and Doug had me a boy.
Speaker 1: I had about thirty other little small gig.
Speaker 5: It felt like I was playing like I felt like shit, what it'll come in.
Speaker 3: See that's the difference between you and me. I'm trying to work tomorrow. I ain't trying to work harder. I'm trying to. I'm trying to condemn some things.
Speaker 1: Hey, did you hear the words you just said?
Speaker 5: You heard the words you just said, you said work, This ain't even work.
Speaker 1: What is funny? Because this is what I want to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: When when you're doing something you wanted to, don't feel like work.
Speaker 3: What if?
Speaker 2: What if you the amount of money that you're making with those forty jobs you can make in four jobs.
Speaker 5: Oh but but like hey, I had to be doing something different what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But see, that's what I'm saying. That's why.
Speaker 2: That's why when you you become and like, look, you thinking like man, you know what, Man, let me start like, let me see if I can get somebody to do X, Y and Z right, offer them infrastructure, get them going. And see that's how I look at old Joe. I'm trying to look, I got a plan. I got a five year plan. Mm hm, cause I'm not gonna be trying to I'm not gonna be trying to do five six, seven eight.
Speaker 3: Traveling like I'm traveling. I ain't bet.
Speaker 2: I ain't been home in ten days. I mean I'm going from I'm going from LA to Ending to Atlanta to New York to Houston, back to LA to Vegas for five days back to LA and then I'm gone again for three weeks. Man, I ain't trying to do that when I'm sixty five, saidt the hell yeah, because I don't want to work myself to death. I mean, at what point in time do I get an opportunity to enjoy what I've built because a lot of times people work, and I'm guilty of it, O Joe, I'm guilty.
Speaker 1: Of Oh yeah, yeah, you the one they had no vacation.
Speaker 5: So you you like you, you explaining to me and you do the complete opposite of what you're preaching.
Speaker 2: I am. But the thing, the thing, the thing is, Ojoe, like you said, you you love what you do. I mean, I love Nightcap. I love you know the two days a week that I was that I'm on ESPN. I love uh Club Shay Shade. I love you know the promotion of Laportier. Now you know we're talking about it, like, Okay, how do we also tour more with Nightcap?
Speaker 3: We take the show on the road.
Speaker 1: I'm ready.
Speaker 3: That's that's the thing, Okay.
Speaker 2: We take the show on the road on a Saturday and make sure we get back home by Sunday.
Speaker 1: To watch the games.
Speaker 2: To be able to watch the games So that's something that you know that we're working on. And you know, because we you know, our fans won't want to see us. They want to uh see us, you know, do live events, and we want to try to accommodate them the best we possibly can, but still give them the quality that they expect. Oh so this video is going viral on TikTok TikTok. Everyone is claiming to hear different sayings. We're gonna play it with sounds. Tell me what do you hear? Okay, okay, okay, damn they change something, they change something I couldn't.
Speaker 5: Oh, they're saying that is embarrassing, that is embarrassing. That is embarrassing. So somebody there their team is playing bad. Their team got to be playing bad. That isn't mercy, That isn't my receipt. Lack tas in pharmacy, Bart Simpson bouncing lobsters in motion.
Speaker 1: That is embarrassing. Rotate priacy of baptism piracy.
Speaker 5: For all of them is wrong. Is that is embarrassing? You can't you can't tell you go ahead. That is embarrassing. That embarrassing. That that is embarrassing. I think that's that's embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Their their team, their team is getting their asked.
Speaker 5: Well, that's why they that's why they're saying that that's that's the home team.
Speaker 2: Chan, yes, and they are that that's that's exactly what I mean. They gotta be Irish.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, probably probably maybe.
Speaker 2: I mean that's that's because it kind of sounds like it's kind of like like Connor mcgregorish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, a little bit, a little bit, but you know, it's funny.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: The European accident sounds like that as well.
Speaker 3: But like I.
Speaker 2: Said, Scotland, welles all.
Speaker 3: That, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's what it says, o jo. A couple has gone viral for takes between them. But god damn, that's a lot. And what happened is why he's gone viral. The mother is breastfeeding the child. Okay, okay. The father is getting a divorce because he says she's letting another man put her breast in his mouth.
Speaker 5: Hold on, hold on, hold on, now, do me a favorite in rewind and bring it back to me one more time.
Speaker 2: Okay. This couple, they're married, they have a son, right. The mother is breastfeeding the son. The father is upset because she's breastfeeding the son, because he says, she has her breath, breast and another man mouth. She says, that's not another man, that's your son. He says, it's even more embarrassing because it's a man and it's our son. So it's incestual, incestuous and.
Speaker 1: A man tripping. Man, he really tripping?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 5: Are we talking about an infant? I know he's not calling the infant the man? What's wrong with buddy, man?
Speaker 1: You know, honestly, you know what? Think about it?
Speaker 5: Was he's looking for a scapegoat. He's looking for a reason to get up out of there. He looking he's looking for a reason to get up out of there. At what point do we say, you know what? Or even how does your mind even go to that point to say, you know what, that's my son, but I don't approve my son breastfeeding, which is better than any of the things that you can bite off the goddamn shelf.
Speaker 3: That's a little man.
Speaker 2: That's a little man, and you got your boo with his mouth and your son, so it's acceptuous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, listen, buddy looking for a way out of there.
Speaker 5: He looking for a way because that's that's just that's just the goddamn, god damn ridiculous.
Speaker 1: He looking for a way out. That's all the volume