Speaker 1: Welcome back to how Rude Tanner Ritos. We are so excited about today's guest. He is one of our favorite and funniest people in our lives. You know him as Joey, although whether or not he is Uncle Joey is under constant debate.
Speaker 2: We're going to solve that today.
Speaker 3: We know him as Poo Poo, thanks to.
Speaker 1: His ability to crack not only a joke but also a fart at the most inopportune times. He is an actor, a comedian, a director, an impressionist, and a fellow podcaster. Please welcome the one and only Dave Coolier.
Speaker 3: Dave Poo Pooh helloo, part of my favorite.
Speaker 4: We just tried to do the the well becoming trumpet and it was pretty abysmal, but I was proud of myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we tried.
Speaker 4: It sounds more like someone killing some sort of a duck or a goose something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a marsupial maybe maybe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, strangling, strangling a marsupial.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm imagining, you know, it's a marsupial. Yes, the Miracle of Thanksgiving trumpet, that one, that.
Speaker 2: One, Yeah, it's yeah, the miracle.
Speaker 3: There there it.
Speaker 4: Is, That's what it is whatever I was doing just sounded Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm like, it's something I needed to take a thumbs for.
Speaker 3: Mine's an asthmatic fart.
Speaker 2: Asthmatic you have to take a for that. Bumps.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well you're taking thumbs if it's aisthmatic fart, it's a bums that I take it.
Speaker 4: That's a one of those kind of pills.
Speaker 5: In fact, it makes that sound poop when it goes in.
Speaker 2: What does it make when it comes out? I see, I told.
Speaker 4: You this is, this is what happens I I.
Speaker 2: They were like, oh, do you think we need to run on?
Speaker 4: I was like, here's what I will tell you is that there is no way to predict what is.
Speaker 2: Going to happen in this interview.
Speaker 4: Well, the only thing I do know is that it's going to go wildly off topic and have a lot of bathroom humor.
Speaker 5: So I just finished building this house and it's a giant bathroom, the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Every chair in it, you just lift it up and it actually is also Yeah, just for convenience.
Speaker 5: Every seat, every seat is a seat. Yeah.
Speaker 1: How many Japanese bidets do you have in your new house?
Speaker 5: We have six In the toilet we had we had to change the settings because every time you'd walk by, like the powder room bathroom, the toilet would open up and.
Speaker 2: It was a little it was an over sensitive toilet. Well can't you have one of those in your house? I'm just saying.
Speaker 5: And it looks like the toilet's constantly hungry.
Speaker 4: Right, Oh wow, Well, Andrea probably has the day envy. I do remember upon I believe upon your return from Japan. Wasn't that the Christmas gift that you got that year?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, my dad all the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember laughing at it. And now I'm like, you know.
Speaker 3: That'll get gift.
Speaker 1: Ever, it's the gift that keeps on giving, you know, every three times.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad that this is how we started the show.
Speaker 5: Well say they say the best day is a day with a day.
Speaker 3: Let's get that cross stitched on.
Speaker 4: Oh right, that's like I'm so happy to see I'm.
Speaker 2: So happy to see you too much, and we love.
Speaker 5: Too mud facetimed me yesterday John Stamos for.
Speaker 2: Those who don't, Yes, we did. We We let people know that that is his his nickname.
Speaker 5: Good good. Yes, he's very sick.
Speaker 1: He has strap and no, well I'm not surprised.
Speaker 4: He's been doing this book tour and just running himself absolutely ragged.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so he's very sick, and he sounds like b Arthur. And I said, you know, if they do the b Arthur story, you're one wig away from starring in that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean he's done everything else, Like why not?
Speaker 2: Do you know what?
Speaker 4: I I'd be okay with that. I mean, even as much as I want to be b Arthur and the Golden Girls, John in a wig as b Arthur and that would be fantastic.
Speaker 5: Where's my wig?
Speaker 2: Where's my wig? Again?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Okay? What did that come from? What was Where's my wig? Why?
Speaker 5: I was goofing around with Bob and Joel's assistant Marge.
Speaker 2: Right yeah, merge Marge.
Speaker 5: We would do this bit where uh he was. She would run up to Joel and go, Joel's my wing and that's how that stirns.
Speaker 4: Now we have to But Joel's assistant Marge was basically a real live version of Marge Simpson's sisters, right.
Speaker 2: The smoking like, hey, how is it going?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: Like, but she was like his assistant that ran everything for him. And Marge was always there and was really probably a great sport about being the butt of you and Bob's jokes.
Speaker 5: Yes, and speak speaking of butts, I think Marge is the only personal life who would actually strain her coffee through a cigarette. Butt.
Speaker 2: Why she just smoked her coffee.
Speaker 4: Actually she that was yeah, yes, her and Billy with the coffee, coffee, coffee and the cigarettes.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 5: You know, I really talked about anything yet, have we No.
Speaker 2: We haven't.
Speaker 4: And I said this that they you know, when we were talking to our producers about how do you think you know? Okay, what do we need to break down for the interview? I said, it's not gonna go. We can write all the things down, we can do all the things. One thing that I know is an interview with Dave is is a journey. Just just put your seat belts on, guys. It's like the It's like the Lily Wonka boat, you know what I mean. There might be some really terrifying things and also some really funny things.
Speaker 2: We don't know where it's going to go, but we don't.
Speaker 5: But that's I like that. I like doing that with you. I love that, can I can I You mentioned the Japan trip, and that was the first time Andrea and I like did something together. We went to lunch.
Speaker 3: Remember we went to lunch in Japan.
Speaker 5: You don't remember that.
Speaker 3: Oh no, that wasn't Japan. That was New York. But that was right after Japan.
Speaker 1: Those big statues with the little weenie, Yeah, that was New York. That was Columbus Circle.
Speaker 5: It was it promoting Fuller House.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was that same trip where we did Japan. Straight from Bran we went to New York.
Speaker 4: We did San Francisco to Japan to New York, and we did in one day. We were in in one twenty four hour period because of the time travel.
Speaker 2: We were in Tokyo looking.
Speaker 4: At a Christmas tree and then standing in Rockefeller Center and looking at the Christmas tree, all within a twenty.
Speaker 2: Four hour period. And I was like, that's really cool that. I con say I died that, But I remember those statues.
Speaker 1: Because you needed a shirt, Like we were going to go on the Today Show or something the next day, and you're like, I don't have a shirt, right.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: We're like, oh god, I didn't come to and we're like you do know you're on a press tour, right, So I.
Speaker 3: Went shopping for a shirt with you.
Speaker 5: We went shopping for a shirt, and we went we got something to eat, and we stood by some weird statues.
Speaker 1: Yes, the statues with the very large statues with the very small right, there was no more, no more approach.
Speaker 4: I mean, it could just be proportioned, you know what I mean. It's it could be average. But there's just the statue.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: I got to dig out the picture. I got to dig out the picture later.
Speaker 4: And so when you when should we start the interviews?
Speaker 3: The time we have for today books.
Speaker 2: That's all we've done.
Speaker 5: I have a question, Andrea, is that the full House House cookie jar behind you?
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 4: Yes, it is not the o G one, right, it's the it's the it's from the Fuller replica, right, well.
Speaker 2: The one that we got.
Speaker 4: It's not the one that we got one season from Jeff as a gift.
Speaker 3: No, no, this is from the set.
Speaker 5: Because we just moved into our new house here and we were unboxing things and I found the original cookie jar one. Oh that's all you know, painted like the house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so yeah, I don't have I don't know where that one went.
Speaker 3: I don't know where that one went either.
Speaker 4: I'm sure it's in my mom it's somewhere at my mom's house. It'll it'll be found in a cupboard.
Speaker 5: At some point, we unboxed a ton of stuff that I didn't know I had, like what house, full House, stuff from when you guys were really little, like you know, just my mom kept everything. And so she.
Speaker 4: Says the theme all of our moms have kept everything. We've been going through all of the things that our moms have kept and like, Mom, yeah, my mom's keep everything.
Speaker 5: I know. I know. And my dad, my dad was never interested in in my career. He would just he would just ask for autographs for all the people that he knew at the local diner that he.
Speaker 4: Right, Yes, my dad does the same. My dad Will Will would introduce me to people and he'd be like, this is my famous time. I'm like, oh my, but it was like both horrifying and proud.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my dad. My dad would do that. He would He had a bunch of copies of a promo photo from like season one of Full House, and he just kept using it like thirty years later, and he'd always go, hey, Dave signed this to Kathy and sign it Dave Coolier, would you.
Speaker 3: As opposed to your other names?
Speaker 5: That's what I would always say to him, like what am I gonna tell?
Speaker 4: Do you think I signed this normally? What do you think I put on here?
Speaker 5: Because that because that was that was my dad. Yeah, but he was he was never really asked me about any shows or anything. Uh but my brothers told me years later he said Dad watches Full House and Syndication every day and laughs. But he never told me that. And so I never thought my dad was, you know, really like cared about my career have it. So my dad passed away like a year and a half two years ago, and Melissa and I were cleaning out his house and we found a secret drawer where he kept everything, so he was paying attention, and I cried. It was such an emotional thing.
Speaker 2: Are you going to cry? Like that's such a.
Speaker 5: He kept everything.
Speaker 2: That's such a bad thing to do too. It's like not to say it, but.
Speaker 5: Like my dad never wanted to play favorites with the four kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So you know if my brother, you know, got an A in class, my dad would you know it was you know, everybody got the same treatment. Or if I you know, would come home after you know, shooting a season or something, you know, my dad would go, hey, Dave, I want you to help Dan with the garbage, garbage, making.
Speaker 4: Sure everybody was He wanted an even yeah playing field.
Speaker 5: You know. He would he would talk up what my sisters would do and what my brother would do. And in all those years, I thought, at my dad could care less. And then we found that stuff and it was really emotional.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, our parents like kept so much of that stuff, and we're such a part of you know, a part of the show and the extended family.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 5: Now I was talking to Karen Miller. Her and I are developing animated series together.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, I didn't know that for our HRT audience.
Speaker 4: Karen Miller was one of the original producers on Full House who has stayed friends with some of us randomly throughout the years. She is a lovely, lovely human and worked for Disney for a long time.
Speaker 5: Right NBC Universal University. She's the president of Cyber Group USA, which is a huge animation company in France, a great global company.
Speaker 2: I remember Karen and her daughter. Her daughter's like an adult now, but I remember you know her as a little kid too. Olivia, Yeah, Olivia, Yeah, it's a fun extended family.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Christopher Olivia. But she mentioned to me, she goes, Dave, I have the Full House Cookbook. Do you want it? I said, I didn't know there was a Full House Cookbook.
Speaker 2: She goes, yes, I've got got a What was that?
Speaker 4: We actually did a we actually did a minisode on it, on the Full House Cookbook.
Speaker 1: There you have a recipe in there, the woodchuck fizzy yep, which is like there were I think.
Speaker 4: It was like woodchuck fizzy and there was also like how to make ice or something, or like how to boil water or something. We're like, your two contributions were just like something just stupid but great.
Speaker 5: So was that something that was happening behind the scenes, like and like you guys were doing that while you were in.
Speaker 4: School and you were Yeah, A, I believe Adria and the studio teachers kind of spearheaded it. And we were going around collecting recipes from everybody. And I seem to remember, maybe I'm making this up, highly possible, but I seem to remember that we were selling them and maybe donated the money or something, or did we just make them for everybody. I thought we were like selling them and donating the money. Is I seem to remember that it was some sort of like project that we kind of came up with, and I don't and I don't remember for what or for why, but yeah, Adria had kind of spearheaded it, and yeah, it was it was a thing that we all, I mean we my mom.
Speaker 2: Uses we used that the Full House Cookbook all the time.
Speaker 4: Rob and Donnie's chicken wings, Andrea's chicken and rice recipe, my family's sweetened recipe, the chocolate gravy and biscuits is in there, chili recipe, my mom. Yeah, like we all, it's We've been using it for thirty years. I've highly recommended. There's some great recipes in There'm just saying.
Speaker 5: She told me, she said, now that the original has a red cover, She goes, but I photo copied this, uh, And I said, I said, can you send me a copy? So she's gonna send me a copy?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, yes, yes.
Speaker 5: Because I was so curious about it. I said, I've never seen the Full House Cookbook. And now you guys just reminded me that I have a recipe in there called a woodchuck.
Speaker 2: Fizzy Woodchuck Fizzy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm pretty sure it involves putting a woodchuck in some and carbonated water.
Speaker 3: That's exactly it. Shake up the woodchuck there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's so full Speaking of the woodchuck, the og, mister woodchuck, I know you've talked about it before, but many people may not know.
Speaker 2: He met an unfortunate demise with Ranger. You want to see him, Yeah, the original the husk of a woodchuck.
Speaker 5: I'll get him. It's it's horrifying to look.
Speaker 4: No, I mean, look, it's sometimes originals are horrifying to look at it.
Speaker 2: We haven't found that to be the case with Full House so far. Maybe occasional joke here in there. But oh my god. And he's got a Santa Hate Santa hat, well without a Santa hat, you know what I mean. Oh my god, Oh my god. It's it's worse than I remember. Oh no, there it is, Okay. I was like I thought he had eyes.
Speaker 4: He's just missing the entire For those of you that are just listening to this podcast, I will describe what is basically the entire everything below the eyes of the woodchuck. So everything that makes a woodchuck chuck has been ripped off of his job. But he is wearing a lovely little miniature tuxedo and a Santa hat.
Speaker 2: But you can see Dave's hand.
Speaker 4: In the back of his throat, which is sort of jarring but doesn't make for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like the hat.
Speaker 2: He's got four of them. Wow, I didn't know what Chuck said that.
Speaker 5: Can I tell your your listeners, the and viewers the story behind this house? Do?
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 5: I had a dog, a yellow lap named Ranger, and I brought the Woodchuck home. Uh. I forget why. It was probably after the show was canceled, and I brought him home and I sat him at the end of a hallway on top of a desk. And Ranger hated this thing really, maybe because it would sit at the end of the hallway and he would just growl at it every day, and I would go, it's a nice Maybe.
Speaker 2: Maybe the puppet was coming to life at night, Dave.
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe maybe he liked that.
Speaker 2: I've seen that.
Speaker 5: Maybe Magic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was The Puppet Masters, a whole eighties horror film.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying.
Speaker 5: And Magic. There's a movie Man Magic where the puppet looks like Dennis Miller. That's Bob's joke actually so so. Anyhow, so I come home one day and Ranger would just lay at the end of the hallway and growl at the puppet. So I come home one day and I see foam everywhere.
Speaker 2: Nothing like that when you walk into the house with a dog.
Speaker 5: I look over and Ranger's got a bunch of this foam like in his mouth. He's chewing on it. And I see mister Woodchuck laying like that on the floor or mine reaction was, I just cracked up. I thought that is the funniest thing. I wish I had this on video, him sneaking up on it, grabbing it right and racing to the living room.
Speaker 4: And then tearing the crap out of his face, just murdering the woodchuck, getting his revenge.
Speaker 3: It's a woodchuck massacre.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was given a new so this Woodchuck. Let me tell you something about this wood Chuck. It's a very expensive puppet. This puppet was like twenty five thousand bucks.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So when we came up the idea, when we came up with the idea for Ranger Joe to have a puppet.
Speaker 4: The irony of Ranger Joe by the way, and Ranger Joe, Ranger Joe, and the puppet meeting his end by rangers.
Speaker 5: True. So I went to a guy named Randy Simper, who was a creature worked with Jim Henson's.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, I've heard his name in regards to the Henson cum I'm a big Muppet fan.
Speaker 5: Randy Simper was a famous puppet maker. He created Elf, which was a big puppet on a series.
Speaker 2: Called I Loved Alf Melnack.
Speaker 5: He ate the So I met with Randy Simper. I have the drawings for this, the original drawing somewhere. We designed it together. I brought the drawings back to Jeff and Don Vanatta and they said, okay, good, let's make it. So we made the puppet and Randy said, you know, I'm going to put this muppet fleece. This stuff right here is called muppet fleece. And we had to pay a royalty to Jim Henson's company because on camera this particular material looks like fur.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh, that was all discovered by Jim Henson. So this little guy was like twenty five thousand dollars. Wow, build it from the ground up, design it, build it and make it a working puppet that could be eaten by a yellow lab.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's the story Ranger Joe.
Speaker 4: Indeed, Ranger Joe, we know the origin story and the ending story of We basically know his entire life cycle, the life cycle of a woodchuck.
Speaker 5: And he lives here looking like a really bad person who stepped on a landmine.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Was Ranger the dog first or Ranger Joe first? And did either did they have anything to do with each other?
Speaker 5: I had Ranger Joe was first. And then I know my son Luke wanted to name the dog. I said, you can name our dog when Ranger was a puppy, you know, And he goes, can we name it a hockey name? And I said, I said sure, And he said, how how about if we name him the New York Rangers. He said, I said, we could name him Ranger and he goes, oh, that would be fun.
Speaker 1: Dad.
Speaker 5: So named Luke named our dog Race.
Speaker 2: And now Luke is flying flying right.
Speaker 4: Wasn't he the youngest pilot? Brag for a moment on your son, Luke? He wasn't he the youngest pilot for a particular airline or something that was hired?
Speaker 5: He was one of the youngest captains at is it west Jet? West Jet?
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 5: I think he's not.
Speaker 2: He's not my kid. I don't I'm not sure, but yeah, so uh so, yeah.
Speaker 5: He was one of the youngest captains flying a I think it was an emberor aircraft. So yeah, but he loves his job. He's flying for FedEx and he does a lot of He does a lot of Europe and well, no, I take that back, he does a lot of Asia in Asia now, so he's flying seven sixty seven's wow. And I just played in a hockey tournament with him in Denver. He's a dad. He has this group of pilots from United and they go all over the world and they play hockey. So they were in Reykovic last year. They all met in Reykvic and they played it like a two day hockey tournament. He said, Dad, do you want to and play a game in Denver? And I said, well, sure, okay. So that was a couple months ago, and when I got there, they said it's four games in twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: Whoa, oh boy, that's.
Speaker 5: What Yeah, that's what my body was saying. Well, yeah, so we skated two games on Monday, two games on Tuesday, and I couldn't walk for a week. Oh god, it was so fun. And and I went and bought the little oxygen.
Speaker 2: Canisters right right, because you're Luke.
Speaker 5: Luke, I'm going to buy oxygen canisters. It goes, oh dad, don't, please, don't. And so I bring them and all these guys are way younger than me.
Speaker 2: Right, So.
Speaker 5: I've got oxygen canisters on the bench, and you know, they're kind of making jokes and blah blah blah. Well you guys who weren't acclimated halfway through the first game were going, hey can I I'll try it. So so, but Luke's doing great. He and his wife built a house in Sacramento.
Speaker 2: And I remember him as a little tiny bean.
Speaker 5: He was a little baby on when we were doing what season?
Speaker 3: What season was he born?
Speaker 5: Like he was born in nineteen ninety okay.
Speaker 1: So it's probably season three four something right around there, like yeah.
Speaker 5: Therefore, and he used to call the show Daddy's show. Can I watch Daddy's Show? And I remember, you know, he would I remember one time we went over to Mike Binder's house, comedian, director, producer, and Luke was just a little guy he was only like three years old, and we it was like the first time he had seen an episode of full House. It was at Mike Binder's house, and he looked at me and he goes, where's Luke because he thought he saw all you guys and he thought they were home movies because you would see you had seen so many home movies and knew year faces that he turned to me and Mike Binder thought that was the funniest thing. Luke goes, where's Luke. You're not in this one.
Speaker 2: This is my other family.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you know, we laugh about that now. But I was trying to explain to him, no, this isn't our home videos because we are together all the time, and yes, it.
Speaker 4: Was always Yeah, it's so funny, Like I mean, I I really I think back to when we were shooting Fuller House and my kids were the youngest of of you and me and uh and Candae, well, Felicity and Zoe were close in age, but like all of our kids just coming to set and like that whole like remembering you guys doing it with your kids and that It's just always been like the bring your fam to work, you know what I mean, And like, just what a great environment that always was.
Speaker 2: And we had Kelly Rizzo.
Speaker 4: On the show the other day and Aubrey was in the background, you know, and it's like, just how much these families and these extended families of all of ours are so interconnected, Like what a it just it never fails to.
Speaker 2: Warm my heart, my cold, black, dead little heart.
Speaker 5: You mentioned the moms. Your moms were pretty amazing. And I've always said that your moms were really unique in that they weren't those overbearing showbiz moms. No, they let you guys have fun. They let you guys really enjoy the full experience, which meant, you know, you know me and Bob and you know all our Shenanigans and your moms, I will say this, you know they were constantly guarding you guys, but they had your your your well being was at the forefront. Oh yes, everything that happened really you know, uh busy professional showbiz environment. Yeah, they were really gracious. Uh just spectacular. Because you hear so many stories about showbiz moms and showbiz parents.
Speaker 4: We've met them, they've come, they've come through the cycle of full and fuller house, and we've seen them and gone.
Speaker 5: Wow, not not your moms though, that are no.
Speaker 2: Really they were like a normal, like normal normal.
Speaker 5: It normalized what could have been a really weird, strange environment. It was. It really was unique in that it made it even more family than it already was. The moms were the moms were always there and you know, Barbara would bring cookies. You know, Sherry Andrew, your mom was always doing the birthday walloids know, Jody, your mom was so kind and was just you know, always that your moms were always there. So it was just like me and Bob had to be very calculated with with our Shenanigans.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you guys were the but you were the uncles that you know that like grow up the kids grow up around and get their you know, sense of humor, the mom going, don't say that, I'm like, but it's funny. You know.
Speaker 1: I can picture them in the in the bleachers just watching rehearsals, and every once in a while they'd be like Dave.
Speaker 4: And two of them would just look and go, all Janics is up there.
Speaker 5: Well, and then I remember going, do you guys remember me going and sitting up in the stands character.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, watching the show while we're rehearsing, and Dave would be creating some fan character up in the stands and we're down there doing a scene, and Dave's up in the audience, like just being a random character, and we're all like anyway, like just going on is totally normal.
Speaker 2: This is just what we do.
Speaker 1: Impossible to concentrate on the scene when Dave's up there.
Speaker 5: I would do that. I would do the fake laughter guy, yes, or would.
Speaker 4: Do the fake laugh guy for everybody, or I.
Speaker 5: Would do uh, you know, I would sit there and comment on the scene. I go, Jesse's in trouble. I would just I would just yeah. But I would have all these yeah, we'd have all these stupid characters. And it was just to make you guys laugh. But I want to and hook it back. Your moms would laugh so hard at that bit, sitting up in the stands with me. They thought that was the funniest thing. And I just remember, I remember, Janice.
Speaker 4: My mom thought always that you were the most hilarious one. She's like, Dave is the funniest. Dave is sorry, Bob, he's sitting here at Sterio being with this painting.
Speaker 2: But my mom thought Dave was funnier Uh.
Speaker 4: But she always, like she really would always like Dave is just you know, and Bob just goes right for the toilet, but Dave just.
Speaker 5: Dave's flying around the toy. But yeah, but I just want to bring it back to your moms were just extraordinary. They were they were so wonderful.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: And it could have been it could have been really weird. If they were really weird moms, it would.
Speaker 4: Have yeah, strange, it could have and and you know, I will say again, like you guys, as the adults on the Sho Show, were always so inclusive of us as young people, which is not common on sets like it. Really, you know, there's often such a division between like the adults and the kids and there's really no interaction and the world's kind.
Speaker 2: Of don't cross over.
Speaker 4: But our show was never designed like that, and just the people that we were as human beings weren't like that.
Speaker 2: We were all very we.
Speaker 4: All came from very family oriented people. We came from warm family environments with hugs and things. So it was like we just kind of all naturally became that together, and it included our our parents and your parents, you know, like you guys talked to our moms. You didn't act like, oh, we're the actors and those are just the parents of the child stars and that's that can kind of be how it is and I and I it wasn't like that on Fuller either, like because you guys really truly set that example for us that like it's all you know, we're all in this and you know, you guys did a great job but really setting that tone and we did.
Speaker 1: We didn't appreciate it at the time because we were so young and it was just normal that we didn't know any different. But now as forty year olds, we've seen a little bit more of the world out there and we're like, oh, this is very unique.
Speaker 4: Yeah, caring like how other people grew up on shows and how their experience was and how I'm always like that was wow, that sounds terrible.
Speaker 2: That was not our Like we actually had it really great.
Speaker 5: I was so proud of you guys through Fuller House, you know, to see you know, these acting chops that you guys brought to the show and you know, and for me it was funny because it was kind of like your characters in a way mirrored. Are the three guy characters for sure? Andrea. Andrea was Me, Jody was John, and Candace was Bob, you know, and it's just like you can't don't really even write that. It just kind of it just kind of happened, you know. Yeah, yeah, and it was really cool, you know. And I talk about this all the time how proud I was, especially when I got to direct you guys that you know, during those episodes. It was just lovely. It was just like, you know, like I didn't have to tell you guys, like here's something funny you can do. You guys just had that and what a you know, what a wonderful thing to see, you know, because that doesn't happen either, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really doesn't.
Speaker 4: The more I think we've been in this business, particularly as adults, and you work on other sets, and you work with other people, and you realize all of the things that we grew up sort of just assuming we're normal on set, which is kind people and people that looked out for each other and know, you know, not egotistical, and a fun environment and people that are funny and smart and like just show up for each other. And you know, now as you get old, you like go to different sets in different places and you go, wow, it's not always that's not always the case, and like right, and it's just but it's incredible, like wow, we you know have done that and kept that going for years because it's just kind of who we all naturally were together, and like what a cool experience that, you know, I have. The more I work in this business, the more we all realize is not the norm.
Speaker 5: You know, I would I just did the Today Show last Friday, and you know those people there, Al Roker, the people at the Today Show, you know, who've been there forever, they just love us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's true, like shows just like they're so excited that the full house cast to come on.
Speaker 2: It's wild.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I'm like, you guys are the Today Show. I'm Joe Schmoe, you know, like you know, but they were so excited. And when you have people pull you aside and go there hasn't been this kind of excitement here in a long time. I'm like, don't you have like big guests. I'm like, you know, I'm Dave, you know, but that was really nice to It was really nice to feel that and to see that and to be revered, you know, and I never I guess I never accepted that, you know, so at this point in my life, I'm kind of like letting that all in. It's like, no, that that's a really good thing. It's nice to be revered. And and to the and Al Roker said, do you think there's gonna be a fullest house? And you know, my answer was, I would do it in a heartbeat, you know, if we could, you know, you know, and I said, And the show I keep coming up with is we sit around. We're all just heavier and older, and we sit around and drink coffee like the friend's guest, and we keep Bob alive, you know.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, exactly. I think it's golden girls.
Speaker 4: We all need uh some caftans, a lunai, some cheesecake. Bob can be in an urn like he's always said that he wanted, and we'll.
Speaker 2: Be like that. That's it. He was just joke exactly.
Speaker 4: I'm I am simply honoring him. But I did it the other day when we were at a we were at a show. There was a large floral centerpiece and I picked it up and I said, I'm so glad Bob oskar tonight. And Andrew's like, you're I said, he would have made the joke.
Speaker 2: He would have made the joke.
Speaker 5: Oh, he'd be so proud of us making the you know, because he loved gallows humor. When his sister Gay died, I went to the funeral, so I show up for the service. Bob has been waiting for me. Right. He runs out to the park a lot, grabs my arm and he goes, hey, do you want to see a dead body? Because I know where there's a dead body. Come on.
Speaker 4: So dark, But he was so dark, But you think about it, the only way that he processed it.
Speaker 2: It's the only way that he processed it.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, between Bob and I, you know, I lost my sister Sharon, He lost his sister Andy and his sister Gay, and it was just you know, that's how you know. The first thing he said to me is, hey, we need to start a dead Sisters club. And you know, but I would laugh. It would make me laugh and it would take away the darkness, and it would take away, you know, the ownus of oh my gosh, we really did just lose our sisters, you know, but that was his coping mechanism, and it would it just it lightened a very dark mood, you know.
Speaker 4: And he would I always say, like, I love I learned that's. I mean, I've been through some real dark stuff in my life, and man has it made for some great jokes, you know, like it. And I learned that from him, Like I I you know, I think my mom definitely took things a little more seriously. My genus is, you know, a little more reverential of certain things. And I am irreverent. And so I would watch Bob make these jokes, you know, make these jokes about things, and I was like, oh, you can, you can be that part, Like you can make those jokes, you know, And much to my mom's disappointment, I do.
Speaker 2: And you know, so anyway, were you with us?
Speaker 1: I remember going up to Forest Lawn on a lunch break from Full House one day and we went Bob took us to Gay's gravesite and just for a quiet moment and yeah, like it was very somber and we were just.
Speaker 2: I think it was after it was like before a tape.
Speaker 3: It was before night.
Speaker 2: It was like dinner and yeah, and.
Speaker 1: So he's like, let's just stop by the cemetery and visit Gay and we're like okay. So We're like, we're standing around the gravesite, we're looking at her name Gay Saga, and Bob just pops up and says, well, yeah, homosexual wouldn't fit on the birth certificate, so.
Speaker 3: We had to name her gay Sagate instead of I know that that's just what he did.
Speaker 1: Like he interrupts a somber moment with an inappropriate joke.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, he uh. He loved to tell the story about when his mom, Dolly, was in her final week. Yes, John and Bob were already at the hospital and they said, Dave, you got to come over here. I said, okay, I'll be there shortly. So I went and Bob and John were sitting next to Dolly and she had done her she had had her hair done, her makeup was done, and she she was just bathed in this light and they were both sitting next to her, and she had this huge smile on her face when I walked in. And I walked in and I said, oh my gosh, Dolly, you look like an angel. She goes not yet And this was a week before she passed away, and so you know, John, Bob and I went out into the hallway and we were crying, holding each other in a hug and laughing, and during the laugh, I farted, and Bob said, and we're in the hallway and now we're crying and laughing, and now we're laughing harder and crying because I farted because I couldn't hold it, you know, And Bob stops. He looks at me, and Johnny goes, we better go check on my mom. You might have just killed her. Bob love telling the story. I think Dave's fart eventually killed my mom. But I mean, it doesn't get me funnier than that. It does get sicker or.
Speaker 4: Funny, and that's like you have. It's I think so much. I mean, comedy is just you know, time plus time plus pain equals comedy or whatever the W. C.
Speaker 2: Fields quote is, you know, and.
Speaker 5: Like children or pet.
Speaker 4: Or right, Yeah he did say that, but yeah, sorry that we can bleep that out.
Speaker 2: We try to keep it clean on the show. It's really hard.
Speaker 4: Well, fanner Rito's there is so much to cover with Dave that we're going to finish it up with him next week in part two of his interview. So make sure you follow us on Instagram check out at how Rude Podcast. You can send us an email at how Rude podcast at gmail dot com. Us your questions, your likes, your comments, subscribe and follow the podcast. We are so excited and having so much fun here doing this with you all. So remember, everybody, until next time, the world is small and the house is full.
Speaker 3: You're getting a little too good.
Speaker 2: At this, I know.
Speaker 4: Season two. I'm this is the thing I'm gonna master. I'm gonna screw something else up.
Speaker 3: We'll find something else here