Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of The Weekly Zeitgeist. These are some of our favorite segments from this week, all edited together into one NonStop infotainment laugh stravaganza. Uh yeah, So, without further ado, here is the Weekly Zeitgeist. Well, Miles, we are thrilled to be joined in our third seat by a professor, a podcast creator, the co host of the show Invisible Hate.
Speaker 2: It's a sod bar.
Speaker 3: That was a great introduction, one of the best I've ever had.
Speaker 4: All come on, now, come on, now, gotta show respect to professor as I'm doing well.
Speaker 3: You know, I feel like you missed a little bit about your New York experience. There's always someone you're an aiding in the corner out there in time.
Speaker 2: Squen, you know I missed.
Speaker 4: I think I think the NYPD is doing a good job of brutalizing people. Yeah, so to them, it.
Speaker 1: Might be the new home of public urine ache, because I'm seeing a lot of a lot of public urinache these days.
Speaker 3: We've always been here in Portland too.
Speaker 4: We always had that, you know, the weather's nice, you know, the peepies everywhere.
Speaker 3: Go outside for a peep We have a we have a lot of dog poop everywhere here in Portland. People don't don't seem to pick up after their dogs.
Speaker 4: We have that in l A too. It's kind of I'm also I see it on the concrete and I'm like, what the fuck, Like, I don't know why I'm getting angry at the dog. I'm like, you're just comfortable shitting on the concrete right next to the serviceable patch of grass or dirt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know why.
Speaker 4: I'm like put myself in the perspective of the dog and like that's like and that's a bridge too far from me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: My dogs would only go when we lived in New York. They would only go as we were crossing the street. I think it does a like just as a test of my metal there, right, they just as I got more, like the moment that I would want them to take a ship the least is when they decided to take a ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like the red hand is blinking and in the now three two, here we go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so wait, what did you do? Did you like in a panic, like try and clean it up? Or you oh yeah, I was like catching it with.
Speaker 1: The bag like wow, likeing wave into the cars, like, I'm so sorry, you know, Oh no, I know that's a very high stress event for you. Yeah, I don't like to fuck anyone's day up.
Speaker 4: I'm getting secondhand stress from that too. Yeah, exactly what is something from your search history?
Speaker 5: Oh man, I'm gonna I'm gonna reveal myself and my like weird interests. I'm fascinated with subcultures.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 5: In some cases it's like the joy of seeing, like go human go, kind of like witnessing, you know, the beauty of what's out there. But other times it's because I want to see what like God's up to, you know, like what kind of hell hath he rot? And I saw on Twitter the concept of like you know, it's been around for many years, the concept of the like the rising grind bros kind of like like nft zelots who discuss how to reach success, and that really fascinated me, which leads me to a recent search I did maybe a week ago, which was an entrepreneur TikTok compilation.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no God.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I want to see as many as possible, and frankly, like I love it. These are people like you tell you like how to make like twelve thousand dollars in a month making like an Amazon reseller business or like investing in seeds or some nonsense. And there's a strange, eerie magnetism to them. They kind of have this dreadful seriousness and like they act way too familiar with you, and they play like, I don't know, like the soundtrack to the Secret Life of Walter Midi over it. It's like, frankly haunting. And they all have like the same eyes, like they see past you and it's all arithmetic to them, Like these robots have one tone and it's like I'm the wisest person to walk on the earth. And I love it, like the delusion, the solipsistic kind of performance of it all. I mean, there's probably loads of wisdom than anyone puppeting, you know, just like goodwill or soundbye, wisdom can stumble upon. But like frankly, you know, it's all it's all rigged anyway, and it's like you're not really doing anything. And I just love to see as many of those people as possible.
Speaker 2: So that's kind of like.
Speaker 5: How I spend my time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's because.
Speaker 7: About how to get how to get that lamba.
Speaker 3: That's funny dude.
Speaker 4: Hey, when I look at you, I don't see it in your eyes, you know what I like, I don't. I can tell that you go to sleep probably like maybe seven hours a night, which is basically like loser shit, you know what I know. Like I'm about two thirty, you know what I mean, And I'm looking at the like every stock market on earth, and the look that you see in my eye is actually the lambeau that's about to manifest.
Speaker 2: That's what you're seeing, shark shaped lambeau. I love.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they all just want to sell their companies too. It's like and then this is how you get the valuation. Then you sell your company Like okay, sure, like if that's what you think.
Speaker 2: But like it's that guy.
Speaker 7: It's like that guy the five hour work week.
Speaker 1: This was like the I remember like the first example of this where it's like guy who's like I'm all about this like lifestyle and like you know, how great my life, yeah, Tim Ferris, and like how great my life is, and like you two can have this. But then like the thing he was like doing was just like selling bullshit to people and like making other people do the work for him. Yeah, and it was like there there was just nothing there. There's he I think no good being produced other than his five hour work week.
Speaker 4: I feel like he may have actually been the originator of like how to get to Lambeau culture, because I believe in the four Hour, five hour work Week book he talks about this is how I can have a Lamborghini. He's like, these are the payments, this is what I'm making every month plus this that's Lambeau money boom. Like problem solved, Lambo Boom onto the next Lambeau sell yank supplements online.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was it.
Speaker 4: Supplements. That was like his early early business, and then it went into like the four Hour Body and then it started getting a little wacky when he's like, these kettlebells can put a butt on an Asian chick. Was like one of the things, one of the parts like was how it was written about like this, Like I believe it was like a woman struggling to have a butt and he's like, yeah, but these kettlebell swings gave her that pop. So everything, I'm like, I can sew you fucking anything. You want to butt, you want a Lambeau, you want biceps, bro, It's all here.
Speaker 1: What did these guys used to be like were they in the eighties, were they just all like working on Wall Street?
Speaker 2: Or were they just like local salesmen they just did sales.
Speaker 8: I think answers spiraled out, yeah right right, but like what because they've replaced some job with just bull like nothing, right, what do they like?
Speaker 1: It seems like they're all in some version of a like multi level marketing scheme.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right.
Speaker 5: I mean, so what go back to nineteen eighty four and whatever was going on there? You know, computers are in the next thing, you know what worked out?
Speaker 4: Like I think these like fucking gurus, like you know, that's the other like genre of like what this kind of person is. They call themselves gurus, and like they just charge you a ton of money for advice that fucking goes nowhere. They're basically I feel like the kids of people who were like whose parents are listening to like person all power in the eighties right right right? You know and like early uh what's his face gigantic guy talk Tony Robbins, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, booah, like with the bag you're around that as a kid, eighteen tapes and a big like plastic container.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like those Disney like the old Disney vhs, because like that were like sort of semi padded plastic cases. I only know this because I remember my dad bought.
Speaker 2: One of them.
Speaker 4: I was like, what is this ship? And I was like, okay, maybe this will say Steven Kobe like the Seven Habits of highly effective people, Like I feel like they were all driving around in their trans ams listening to that shit maybe yeah reading Leyah Coca.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: You know now that they're able to influence each other and we're just getting better and better as a society, I think is the is the upshot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And they've they've stumbled upon a really yeah, really intoxicating offer, which is sort of like you don't have like toil in your own way to have like everything you want, Like don't do it out because everyone's like I don't want to go to a job or do this or That's like, yeah, do it for yourself, bro, and get all the things I actually don't have, but I'm renting for the purpose of this TikTok video exactly exactly.
Speaker 7: They all have like one piece of good advice, which is like get up and make your bed.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it always it's always starting there and people try that and they're like, I actually do feel like a little bit better when like I just kind of, you know, get up.
Speaker 7: And engage, take a shower and yeah, engagement.
Speaker 5: Maybe I should give to this guy's Patreon.
Speaker 1: This guy seems like he might be like on the next level. That was that one was for free. He said, for sixty bucks a week, I'll become a millionaire. I can't even imagine what he'd tell me. Yeah, what's something I'll think is overrated?
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, I got this one. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 9: Maybe your audience is like cinophiles and I'm fucking myself and everyone's gonna but I find, you know, like cit and Sound, pole top movie I finally watched in the Mood for Love.
Speaker 2: Are you guys familiar with this movie? In the Mood for Love?
Speaker 9: No, it's considered one of the greatest films of all time, Like it topped the like cit and Sound like a tour you know, List twenty twelve. I think like it's always in the mix, like Letterbox people are always talking about In the Mood for Love is like, actually this is the greatest film.
Speaker 2: Oh this is the one car?
Speaker 9: Why Car why Yeah, one car, why in And this movie is horribly overrated. It's like the thing is, it is beautiful and there's like the hallway thing with the music, like if you've seen it or know it, like that is great, but the whole movie is just about two people who should fuck and then they don't fuck, and that's the whole thing. And you're just like, oh, these guys should fuck. You're like, this is overly romanticized.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 9: It's like these two people whose partners cheat on on them with each other and then they fall in love and then it's like, okay, yeah, so you guys can do it too.
Speaker 2: You should fuck, but they don't.
Speaker 10: And it's so interesting. You bring this up, Matt, because I live with my sister. She's you know, the audience is familiar with her Joel moo Nique, amazing film critic, so it's kind of hard to have an argument with her about this stuff. So generally I come from a place of curiosity. I'm like, why is this or why does this happen? She was watching some melo dramatic thing the other day and I had the same thing. I was like, this was an eight minute conversation about whether they love each other or not. And I'm like, already four steps ahead. I'm like, just get to it, you know what i mean. And she was like yeah, and she was like, you're missing the point of melo drama. It's like almost kissing is like the hottest thing, you know, not like not quite getting there. And I was like, all right, you know, I it's not for me, but like I'm I'm trying to appreciate the art form a little slow the slow burn.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, will they want but then you got to get to the burn, got to the fire, yeah yeah, yeah, come.
Speaker 2: On, And it's just like why didn't they Why why didn't you fuck? Like you could have fucked. They could have fucked a bunch of times, and then they don't. Well it's not.
Speaker 9: Really like it just doesn't. I didn't believe the reason why they didn't fuck, because people fuck.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. The thing I know about people is that when they want to fuck, they fuck.
Speaker 11: It's okay to spoil its for me. What what was the reason for not fucking?
Speaker 2: There's no reasonse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I get it because like for those people, it's like it's like emotional edging.
Speaker 12: Yeah, You're like oh, some of us are Neanderthals, you know, pro magneum man where we're like just through the bang or not.
Speaker 11: Yeah, though they never actually kissed, they would withhold. They were really good at it. Yeah, as their thing.
Speaker 4: They invented edging. Yeaheah. They invented edging as the first form of birth control. People don't know that. People really they died off.
Speaker 11: They didn't appro crag because they just thought they were just so big on edging.
Speaker 2: It was makes sense, that's science. That's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying. All right, Well, cool, I like to I'm glad to know, like sometimes like there are those there are those films, and I like, I like movies, but not to the point where like I can connect with sort of those kinds of films.
Speaker 2: And that's just me as a consumer.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm more of a mouth agape airplane guy whom you views shit like that.
Speaker 2: Sometimes. Yeah, no, pious movies.
Speaker 9: I loved bo Is Afraid for example, that just came out, was divisive, incredible film, Like I like that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: This one didn't do it. My wife was asleep like halfway in, and I was like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought there was a time too, like in like the early ots were like all my friends who are like, you know, big cinephiles, like like Wankar, Why was just like just beyond repro Like there's like they're like, don't fuck no, man, this motherfucker's a genius. Dude.
Speaker 2: Every dude reproach and approach him.
Speaker 4: Everything is good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you know, twenty forty six, I fucked with that. You know. I wasn't. I wasn't mad at was that good. I mean I remember at the time.
Speaker 4: I think I may have just said it because I was dating somebody who was like, you need to see this film, and I'm like, yeah, yeah, yeah, I fuck with that. I have a bad habit of like being like, yeah, what do you like? Okay, I'll try that out.
Speaker 2: Even though I.
Speaker 4: Don't shout out Harry Potter films couldn't only get through one.
Speaker 5: What is uh?
Speaker 2: What's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 13: I'm so embarrassed to say this out loud. Birds. I fucking love to watch birds.
Speaker 2: Go off, bird queen, amazing birds here.
Speaker 1: I've heard of these things, but I actually haven't. So you're you've got a person who's underrating birds here. I've heard of them, but like, I don't know.
Speaker 7: They're little flying dinosaurs.
Speaker 13: They're little flying dinosaurs. How dare you?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: I yeah, they're reading, Uh what's the book that's about, like the evolution of how they became so beautiful?
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 13: Weirdly, I have like I rarely have an obsession with burbs and yet know nothing about them. Like made it a point.
Speaker 2: Much obsession with bbs.
Speaker 13: I need a T shirt that's as iheartbirds now, yes please? Anyway, Yeah, I like, I really like them. I like watching them, but I know almost nothing about them. Someone asked me, like, I had someone visiting the other day and I was like, oh, look, it's my favorite yellow bird. And they're like, you mean the blah blah blah. I'm like, I don't know what it's called. It's like yellow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know yellow bird.
Speaker 1: I don't know yellow I love birds, you know, Yeah, And I'm picturing that conversation happening around big bird.
Speaker 2: By the way.
Speaker 7: You're like I love yellow bird, and they're like big bird.
Speaker 2: You're like, I don't know the techno.
Speaker 4: Now whatever you call him, I'm not going to I'm not going to hit you with the binomial nomenclature here, but I believe it's just yellow bird.
Speaker 2: Ah damn.
Speaker 1: My Google search how Birds Got So Pretty? Did not does not bring up the book that I was thinking of.
Speaker 4: It's like the Birds Evolution The Evolution of Birds by Sarah Hills.
Speaker 2: How beauty is making science?
Speaker 4: The rise of birds.
Speaker 2: I'll figure it out by the end.
Speaker 7: But yeah, it's all about just.
Speaker 1: You know, they they started. It's been a steady arms race of like how to be most beautiful bird since they started evolving. And it's like, like.
Speaker 13: So humans won't kill them or is it some other.
Speaker 7: No, it's not like that's what I always assumed.
Speaker 1: It was like that there must be some you know, survival of the fittest, like kill or be killed thing to this, and it's just mating and trying to be the sexiest bird to other love it and it's all about Yeah, it's all about being hot. And that's also why their songs are so beautiful. It has nothing to do with us. They don't give a ship yet.
Speaker 13: I feel like you're just talking yourself into loving birds more right now.
Speaker 7: No, I actually I was playing playing character of guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah I love birds too.
Speaker 1: Against them, Yeah, it's the one like with the bower bird that like builds that immaculate like sex throne, sex best. The bower bird like builds like goes around, gets all these like shiny trinkets and different things like hey, like hey.
Speaker 4: Check this out.
Speaker 7: This is a check a plastic spoon. Like some of the dances, some of the mating dances.
Speaker 2: That they do.
Speaker 1: It's like four dudes will do a mating dance so that one of them can mate, and they are like elaborate.
Speaker 4: And that was my One of my favorite Planet Earth segments too, was on the one all the different birds and like how they were just all getting down and then just watching like the disinterested female be like just fly away, like.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: The Evolution of Beauty, How Darwin's forgotten theory of mate choice shapes the animal world and us by Richard oh prum Is Okay.
Speaker 4: Found even have birds in the title.
Speaker 2: It has birds. Yeah, Urbs Burbsburbs Burns.
Speaker 7: Well, let's take a quick break.
Speaker 2: We'll come back and talk about some news. My favorite Tom Hanks movie, The Burbs Burbs, and we're back. Yeah, so this was news to me.
Speaker 1: The Republicans have been working on some investigations eagerly anticipated investigations. I mean, I guess, yeah, I guess it's not news. They're always like, oh, man, what about Hunter Biden? Laptop though? Yeah, what about Hunter Biden?
Speaker 2: What about?
Speaker 4: What about?
Speaker 2: What about?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, what about what else? What else?
Speaker 7: What about what?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: They took the mic at the open mic.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they took the mic at the open mic?
Speaker 2: Did that one our house? And they're like, uh, what about what about you guys? Does hot pockets a bit a lot?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like what they find, miles, what did they unearthed?
Speaker 4: We've heard the threats, you know, in the lead up to the midterms, and then after the midterms when they took control of the House, they're like, oh, just fucking weight because we're gonna bring the fucking hammer down on Joe Brandon And they said they're all kinds of reports and things about how he took money as VP and swayed foreign policy. The thing is, James Krmer of the Chairman of the Oversight Committee of Kentucky doesn't have shit, and he's doing the like investigation equivalent of when you try to rob a liquor store with a banana in your coat.
Speaker 14: Pocket, being like, I got that thing on me, don't beat and someone's like, man, get the fuck out of my store.
Speaker 2: And that's kind of what's happening right now.
Speaker 4: As the Republicans go on news, like people are like even their own media is like huh, but but what's the fucking evidence?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: Like I thought, you're gonna fucking embarrass this. They're saying stuff like this is going to end Joe Biden's presidency. So as he's been saying things like many people have been going around to Fox and you know, giving little interviews. He recently confused the fuck out of a few Fox News hosts when he said he had the goods but can't show anyone yet. And then our Senator Ron Johnson, he was on Maria Bartiromo's show and then this is what he said about like, well, like do you have evidence? He's like, yeah, I mean, here's the thing about evidence.
Speaker 1: The classic legal strategy of here's the thing about evidence, and.
Speaker 15: Money came from China and other adversarial countries, by the way, not just China, but going into these ll seas and then from there the money went from the LLCs to various Biden family members. What can you tell us about that? What were they getting paid for.
Speaker 16: Yeah, where the receivers again on the bank records. You're not going to see bribe to change this policy. You have to infer what's happening here, look at the bulk of the evidence. You have to file the money and realize, So what did this fighten family member do to earn that amount of money. I mean, that's what we did with Hunter, Biden and Ukraine.
Speaker 2: I mean what did I don't know if you cut that.
Speaker 4: He just said you have to infer what's happening here, right, and then at the end of it, he's like, you're not going to necessarily get hard proof. Is how he wraps up this very long winded sound by and Marina Marie Barbiromo's like, what the fuck? Man?
Speaker 2: Okay, Then.
Speaker 4: We have another one where Comber himself goes on Fox and Friends very friendly environment, and Steve Doocey's like, hey, man, like, you're laying this thing out about all these bribes and stuff. Where's can what the like but evidence? And here's again just this very dissatisfied Fox News.
Speaker 17: Host sources between twenty fifteen and twenty seventeen and your party, the Republican investigators say that that's proof of influence peddling by Hunter and James.
Speaker 2: But that's just your suggestion. You don't actually have any facts to that.
Speaker 17: To that point, you've got you've got some circumstantial evidence. And the other thing is, of all those names, the one person who didn't profit is so there's no evidence that Joe Biden did anything illegally.
Speaker 18: Well, if you look at the laptop and the emails between the president's son and his associates, they went to great links to hide Joe's involvement. They this like.
Speaker 4: Weird fucking merry go round has been happening for the last fucking week, where even they're like, what you're saying that shit's going on, but you're not showing us anything that's going on. And I just have to say, this is continues again, this is like never ending. Maria Bartiromo is like, hey, comer man, you gotta come with it. Like you're telling us about this, Where the fuck are these people? You said they've got people who are like can attest to this, you have whistleblowers and all this other shit. Where are they? And again, Uh, it's it's it's not a it's not a great not a great show. From James Comer.
Speaker 15: More important potentially here and that is this cover up. You have spoken with whistleblowers, You have spoken, you also spoke with an informant who gave you all of this information. Where is that informant today?
Speaker 19: Where are these whistleblowers?
Speaker 6: Well, unfortunately we can't track down the informant. We're a hope that the informant is still there. The whistleblower knows the informant. The whistle blower is very credible and all we're asking.
Speaker 2: The FBI.
Speaker 14: Now switched to oh, man, I don't know where the wist blower here, I should Oh, actually he's just going to the back.
Speaker 4: But they're incredible, so credible, And just lastly, just would have wrapped it because Marie Barberome was just like, hold on, bro, what you just said that the motherfucker's missing? Like what's going on? Then again, not a great answer, but it's fantastic just in the context of that this person probably doesn't exist.
Speaker 15: Hold on a second, Congressman, did you just say that the whistleblower or the informant is now missing.
Speaker 18: Well, we we're hopefully we could find the informant.
Speaker 2: Remember, these sliffs are are.
Speaker 18: Kind of in the spy business, so they don't make a habit of being seen a lot or being out profile or anything. The spy business have basic information with respect to.
Speaker 2: What the face, what is.
Speaker 6: That Joe Biden when he was all.
Speaker 20: Right anyway, So we've got to expect miles them to go on the hostile grounds of Fox News and stand up to the scrutiny that they always reserve for.
Speaker 2: Wait, no, actually that those are the soft pulse.
Speaker 1: He's taken big pauses like he's on delay, like he's coming to you from the Middle Easter or some fauri.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, they're in this spy business, so they don't really they're not really high profile. That's not relevant really, Like you're that's like asking like, well, who are these people? Then you can be like, they're not really high profile people, but to say like where are they and they're like, well, they're spies, so they don't really like hang out places. Yeah, it's like what you're saying. So it's a very It's one of the shittiest diversionary tactics I've seen, because like, I mean, I think they're what they're really trying to do. They want they're running like the twenty fifteen sixteen playbook all over again, where they're trying to get like a year out, get some really good scandals to stick, like they would have with Hillary Clinton, but apparently they don't have misogyny on their side this time. And there's just I don't know, they're they're just they're scrambling now. And you have Marjorie Taylor Green who's like followed up that interview and is like, they're not missing, Actually we know where they are. And it's like, what the fu? Okay, sure you just.
Speaker 1: Didn't want to tell you that because my dad's actually a cop, right.
Speaker 2: And yeah, what.
Speaker 4: No, he's not.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Elon Musk named Linda Yakarino as the new CEO of Twitter. She is leaving her job as Chairman of Global Advertising Partnerships at NBC Universal. So this is she like, it seems like it's basically really focusing on ad support and like getting getting ads. He it doesn't feel like he hired somebody who is experienced with like being a CEO. It's more like he is going to continue to be the acting CEO, and he's like, we need some we need some ad sales support, so I hire someone the.
Speaker 4: Logic here of Elon Musk, Right, He's like, I've turned this into a hate speech powered hell site that's caused all advertisers to flee. It's not it's not. No, it surely can't be the lack of moderation and the racist free for all. It's that I don't have someone with all the advertiser connections. Yeah, I need so, of course you get somebody's going from a gigantic media conglomerate with all these ad relationships as a way to prop up your business when it's so clear why they fled.
Speaker 7: But please, Elon keep going. I'm sure she has a fantastic CV.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, it does seem like her politics might line up with his because she follows the Babylon b oh, which I mean, maybe she's just a fan of really great comedy, but you know that's the right wing, the onion. But like their jokes are just fucking transphobic garbage.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're not jokes. As a shiny Pi would say, it would be a misuse of words how I would describe that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, also follows the head of Libs of TikTok on Twitter. Oh, and she was part of Trump's council on sports, fitness and nutrition, although.
Speaker 2: She also worked who else was.
Speaker 1: Right, that's where I get all I get most of my nutrition and health and fitness advice from.
Speaker 3: CEO McDonald's was on there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: But she also worked for the Biden administration, creating an advertising campaign for the COVID vaccinations starring the Pope.
Speaker 4: Oh oh wow, you know who is on that on that council, Bill Belichick? Hell really yeah, Yankees closer Mariano Rivera, Ozh Whobin Meyer and herschel Walker there yeah yeah, among men.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but because the new CEO espoused vaccines and masking and you know, social justice in the past and is a woman Elon musk famboys are melting down and ri i p. Twitter started trending at the end of last week when it was announced these people don't know anything about fucking anything.
Speaker 2: Really, all right?
Speaker 1: Okay, sure, you love to see it when they're when they're hateful politics like trap them, like come back to bite them in the ass. Like this reminds me of like when Gina Carano thing where she like self destructed her career for her like anti woke politics, went and made an action movie for the Daily Wire and like the Daily Wire fans were.
Speaker 2: Like, why would we ever watch this? It stars a.
Speaker 7: Woman doing action crap, No way, that's woke.
Speaker 2: Pull, that's woke.
Speaker 4: Bs man, I'd be like what h yeah, I mean it's uh that boomerang does does come back pretty quickly. I like how people are just like they just said, rip Twitter, you just appointed a brain dead comedy as CEO. I'll get this out there now, fuck Linda Yakarino and everybody else, and like really, really, yeah, this this person, Yeah, they're totally it's a communist, but they don't even know what communist is. It's someone who who believes in science I think at this point is a communist.
Speaker 3: And Elon is still going to be involved, right, Like he's going to be the CTO still or something like that. Is that is that what I heard?
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's still going to be the CEO, Like this is true.
Speaker 1: I think I feel like he's probably he was probably getting pressure from the board around, you know, his horrifying mishandling and like of every just doing a terrible job as the CEO of Twitter, and so he's like, yeah, I'll name a CEO who will have no power and we'll just only be focused on getting ad sales back and then we'll fire her once they can't resuscitate ad sales, right, Like, I been.
Speaker 3: Three six months? How long do you should we make a prediction? Is it six months? Is it a year that that she's there before she's fired for not bringing the I mean.
Speaker 7: I mean, could her relationships actually get them to look past just how like garbage of a site Twitter is?
Speaker 2: Do you like, don't like? Is that logic really going to track with?
Speaker 4: Like, I mean, she's got relationships GM surely like she can get them to come back to the table. But I'm I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, for a lot of right wing media out there, there are advertisers that want to advertise on those platforms, and if Twitter continues to be this kind of cesspool of uh, you know, conservative, right wing racist thought, you know there is there are people that want to reach that audience unfortunately right and yeah.
Speaker 4: But they don't have I guess that's the difference is they don't have the spending power that would keep the website going like a General Motors would, because it's just going to be like some crypto scheme that you know, it's like about pillow company, Yeah, or like Pepe the Frog coin or some shit like that. But yeah, Linda Yakerino hard hard Row, I feel like companies are still a little to like go full full on board, like there is enough elon Musk, and like I'm sure like the CEOs of those companies, in.
Speaker 1: The privacy of their own right wing like Nazi memorabilia dungeons probably would would love to like openly come out and support of this sort of thing, but they recognize that it's not popular. But I am starting to feel, like we talked before about how like America was ripe for a nineteen eighties like Reaganite reversion, like popular culture like goes full bore right wing and like embraces a like Republican right wing president. I could see that, like things are starting to shape up in a direction where if it's Biden versus Trump, and like Trump seems to have a little bit more mental acuity than Biden does, Like I could see that being if Trump gets re elected. I could see that being the thing that all these CEOs are like, Okay, finally we can just like go full mask off, like this is what America wants. We all, like right are going to advertise with Elon Musk and like, get fully on.
Speaker 2: Board can always get worse.
Speaker 1: I guess it's my read on this. So yeah, Like, as much as it doesn't make sense in the current you know zeitgeist, for like Twitter to suddenly like be able to turn the ad sales around and like for GM to start like advertising on right wing platforms, I could see a future where that's the case and where everything just kind of turns in that direction because certainly the people who make the decisions at those companies like they are on board with that. They are they all in the privacy of their own you know, conversations with each other, are having the conversations where they're like, yeah, we need to like we need to stop being so woke. I'm sick of hearing about how I'm making too much money. Yeah, of course I'm making more money than an entry level person like coming because I'm the CEO.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do we think AMC is going to be advertising their new candy that they make on Twitter anytime soon?
Speaker 1: We'll see potentially potentially, I mean I might be averaging.
Speaker 2: I still have to taste test it. We'll see, we'll see how good it is.
Speaker 1: But yeah, another thing that we might be getting on Twitter is so, I guess this is something they tried before Twitter blue. Where so Twitter could become a dating app. According to noted relationship expert Elon Musk, he reportedly is considering adding a dating app feature to Twitter, just in case people were worried that it wasn't a hellish enough site already. And the idea stemmed from a tweet from some guy who claimed that a Twitter dating app might save humanity from extinction, which we always know that we always know Elon Musk is worried about saving humanity from extinction with his dick, that's.
Speaker 7: Of course, So yeah, that's the that's the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no need to worry about the ravages of climate change or just.
Speaker 2: Worry about a yeah, a date.
Speaker 4: Hold on, this guy's not fucking enough. The world's gonna end.
Speaker 2: Racists aren't fucking enough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, truly.
Speaker 1: So he responded to that tweet by saying, it's an interesting idea that could provide jobs, because that's how he gets his business ideas, is just scouring his mentions. I guess, yeah, replying with the crying laughing emoji and.
Speaker 4: That could provide jobs? Was that him pretending to be like a politician. He's like, oh interesting, and that could provide jobs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, yes, could provide him with additional children too, doesn't he have like twenty kids with and.
Speaker 1: He's trying to repopulate the ear like all on his own.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: There already was once an official, unofficial Twitter dating site called Blue. It was a dating service only for verified Twitter users, which I never, having been a verified Twitter user, I was not aware of this, but just a small fraction of the people using Twitter were able to use it, obviously, and the idea was to match people by analyzing the contents of their tweets.
Speaker 4: Oh fuck, which sounds just awful. I mean, hey, with the new AI, maybe they can refine that a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they bragged that Blue was the safest dating community ever due to Twitter's verification system, but that obviously, since they have like turned the verification the verified tweet into like a mockery of what it once was, they no longer can can make that claim. But it will be a place, I guess, exclusively for racist elon musk reply guys to like find each other and date one another if they're so inclined, And maybe the planet and repopulate the affiliate with the worst humans that you can possibly imagine.
Speaker 4: Rise of the pick me elon, guys.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take a quick break.
Speaker 1: And we'll come back and talk about AMC candy.
Speaker 2: And we're back.
Speaker 1: And uh so, Apple is expected to release some goggles that are called Reality Pro. Oh yeah, give me that fucking feeding tube of black mirror actually happening, right.
Speaker 2: Humans, centipede me up.
Speaker 1: So these are goggles that are going to everyone's raving about how they far exceed everyone else's VR device and they have an augmented reality feature. That is the thing that kind of caught my attention because some people are speculating that they will actually like this product will eventually replace our iPhones because it just puts all of the information that you typically use your iPhone for, puts it right in front of your eyes, basically like gives you augmented reality terminator vision, And like how does it do that by like adding things to like glasses? No, it actually like the goggles are opaque like VR headset, but they have cameras, so oh it's like, have you ever been in like a car with one of those rear view mirror cameras? Like the rear mirror is replaced by like a little.
Speaker 2: Oh, the rear view mirror. It's like a screen. You mean the rear view mirror is I've seen.
Speaker 4: That, but i'ven't actually driven one, but it's talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like that's it feels like it's that. But for all reality, you just have your eyes into a screen. Yes, yeah, I want them.
Speaker 5: Also to like cover your ears and then have speakers in them, you know, yeah, right, gloves gloves that like are haptic feedback. So let's just like eliminate all the senses and replace it with like a surrogate.
Speaker 1: Drone, right, and I'm all about yeah, and then like put the different So like people are saying like that, the problem with this being revolutionary is like one, it costs three thousand dollars, which is well above the price point of everything else.
Speaker 2: But I guess that hasn't stopped Apple in the past.
Speaker 4: I love a consumer purchase that makes you the easiest target for robbery.
Speaker 2: I know, I will take you.
Speaker 4: I mean like always three K heads I'm like a three K headset watch. I'll sneak up behind you and just.
Speaker 5: You don't even need to sneak why and punch him in the stomach and gras.
Speaker 4: Or there's a delay even if you're coming from the front by half a second.
Speaker 1: Ship But it's man so like the thing with VR that people are like it, just they haven't created their killer app yet, Like there's just it's just for gamers.
Speaker 2: It's like a fun thing to play video games with.
Speaker 1: But like in terms of wider adoption, it just hasn't like broken through, And I don't expect Apple to be the place that like figures that out right, the augmented reality like that. Like one of one of the images from the Daily Mail article about this is like, you know, showing how walking directions could be displayed on a screen in front of you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh like Google Maps kind of like yeah, in a few in a few meters, you're going to turn it right here at the salur.
Speaker 1: Right thing, and with like facial recognition technology, Like I could see a world where like now you have the database of everyone you've ever met and like can have context for that display it on a heads up display in front of you. Like I think there is something like the future is going to involve somebody somehow inventing new senses for people that like we can add to our existing senses and like new inputs for like all the amazing like capabilities you can have via technology.
Speaker 7: But I just I don't know, maybe this is it.
Speaker 1: You definitely look stupid wearing them and look like the biggest target on the planet for robbery or whatever. Like you're just walking around with a blank thing on your.
Speaker 21: Head, like right, with no peripheral vision, right although like that like maybe it gives you eyes in back of your head, like maybe it gives you extra good peripheral vision.
Speaker 4: But what yeah, I mean to your point, like, it's not offering anything anyone fucking needs right now.
Speaker 7: Oh, if you have an Apple Watch, it'll that shit'll start.
Speaker 2: But if you need to like walk somewhere, like hey, turn.
Speaker 4: Right here, right here, right here, right here, right here, right right here, right here, I don't need to like see like the a dotted line to like where I'm going down the street to be able to make sense of that, like I have the ability to do that, or I don't need to know what time it is in the upper right hand corner of my vision.
Speaker 2: But I think the.
Speaker 4: Only way I think this, like to your point, where it has all this interesting data that maybe is useful to someone in the future where it can like you know, aggregate all this stuff together in your field of vision. Like that's probably more useful when it's something like a contact lens you put in over your eye than full on like put this mask on where I'm like sort of like losing all sense of direction or maybe not. I don't know. That's why you have the headset because it gives me.
Speaker 1: With the iPhone, with iPad or iPod, it was like very obvious, like what like the thing they were creating was just a much better version of something that was like having all the Internet in your pocket was an amazing innovation, Like we didn't have to think up why that would be amazing for them, whereas this is like it just feels like you're heavy to do too much work for them to like come up with. Like I don't think of Apple as the place that's going to maybe maybe like after you know, decades of development, then like things will start to become evident where where this will be useful.
Speaker 5: But my favorite thing about augmented reality is that, especially if it's in the hands of corporations like you know, Apple, it's so easy to like there's they're doing so much work on like you know, facial recognition and all this stuff that's like a lot harder to kind of program, but it's so easy to just like see, oh, there's an empty space of wall there. You know what that wall needs? Just add for Apple products, bab Yeah. Just the world of ads is what we're going to be stepping into, right, because that's like they're gonna because it's a corporate thinking, right, how are they going to make their money back if they're selling it at two thousand and three thousand dollars, they got to make their money back somehow, And that's going to create the true dystopian nightmare.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, it'll be like just overlay it on like objects too that it doesn't think you're interacting with it. Like I got hit by a I think the latest Marvel film in a poster, but driving the goggles completely obscured it because they just layered an AD over that moving vehicle.
Speaker 5: Help, I can't see my wife.
Speaker 4: Have you thought about taking the goggles off?
Speaker 2: No? No, they say, on.
Speaker 1: Exactly, All right, let's talk about Richard dreyfus Ay, but I don't know you.
Speaker 2: Is this your king Jack?
Speaker 1: This is a This is a segment of the show Dreyfus Talk that we have as Monday as we just check in with.
Speaker 2: Fus, what's the fuss with?
Speaker 4: We covered his last talk with Bill Maher was really great in the last installment of this that really riven in conversation. But this time he's made his way over to the firing line to talk about just all this dang inclusion going on Hollywood, and he's asked a question old Dicky dry Dry saying, hey, you know, have have diversity measures.
Speaker 2: Gone too far?
Speaker 4: You know, like they're talking about and the host brings up like the Academy they're changing its rules for twenty twenty five awards that are you know, again meant to encourage more diversity inclusion. If you were trying to get a Best Picture filmed, then like maybe let's do more than like what we're doing, so having like at least one lead character in the movie from an underrepresented racial or ethnic group, or have thirty percent of the general ensemble cast be from at least two unrepresented groups, or how the film spokes be about a group, or like even with the crew, like the people that you hire, you know, like you can still have a very maybe white movie, but maybe have more women and you know, people of color, LGBTQ, whatever, people working on the set. So then that's your way in. So Richard Dreyfuss has a very interesting take on it, and we'll just we'll just let him speak for himself. He's asked very like you know, the host, you know, talks about these new efforts academies making.
Speaker 7: And just Richard, what's what's your take on this?
Speaker 4: Let's hear from Richard himself.
Speaker 19: They make me vomit.
Speaker 4: Oh, let me, let me just let me just actually give you the full context.
Speaker 13: From underrepresented racial and ethnic groups.
Speaker 15: What do you think of these new inclusion standards for films?
Speaker 19: They make me vomit? Well, this is from people is an art form. It's also a form of commerce and it makes money. But it's an art and no one should be telling me as an artist that I have to give in to the latest most current idea of what morality is.
Speaker 4: Hmmm.
Speaker 5: Okay, see here's the thing you guys are missing.
Speaker 11: Though.
Speaker 5: We solved racism in nineteen ninety eight. Yes with Krippendorf's tribe.
Speaker 4: Yes Goga Bundo, I believe was the tagline he said when he was about to have sex with Jenna Elfman.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember the film.
Speaker 5: Well, no more introspection needed.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't know why I know that film so well.
Speaker 4: It's I think because it was so fucked up, like when I was like, oh, this could be a film like this is so this is so backwards and fucked up, like holy shit.
Speaker 7: But yeah, also commerce.
Speaker 4: But let's let's allow him to go on, because he he does raise some interesting there by the way.
Speaker 16: I do.
Speaker 1: I do love just his reduction of diversity and truth and storytelling through like actually giving alternate points view involvement in the industry as being like he dismisses it as like the latest fed in morality, right right, right, real.
Speaker 4: This is where this is where he really brings it home. And I think this is where I have to agree with him, like for all the nonsense racist talk of earlier, just you know, I'm just leave me alone. I'm a boomer actor. I think I think he really makes a really good case with this next talking point, and by that, I mean he digs even fucking deeper.
Speaker 2: Let's go deep.
Speaker 19: And I'm sorry, I don't think that there's a minority or a majority in the country that has to be catered to like that.
Speaker 2: You know, Laurence Olivier.
Speaker 19: Was the last white actor to play Othello in blackface, and he did it in nineteen sixty.
Speaker 2: Five in blackface.
Speaker 19: And he did it in blackface. Oh and he played a black man. And brilliantly, am I being told that I will never have a chance to play a black man? And with someone else being told that if they're not Jewish they shouldn't play the Merchant of Venice? Are we crazy?
Speaker 2: Are we crazy? Dude? I guess entitlement already.
Speaker 4: It's just like his perspective is, you're telling me I can't put on black face if I want to.
Speaker 7: Oh no, no, no, art.
Speaker 2: I went to a.
Speaker 1: Costume party with again in the eighties and he went as Michael Jackson and it brought the house down. And you're telling me that that wasn't funny. He also has his glasses like all the way at the end of his nose, like it's so precariously there. It's just it's an interesting vibe.
Speaker 2: It's grandpa tone.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: He's also exactly like has there ever been an actor who like portrays just like such like he not not only does he seem uncool, but he also seems like an asshole and like just like this is exactly what I would expect from him.
Speaker 7: He's that's it's like, what about Bob feels like a documentary?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, but it's like like look at like Spielberg knew this immediately about the guy, like he he cast him in like Close Encounters is like I need a man child, Like I need someone who would just get rid of their family because they have an idea, you know, like this is the kind of guy this kind of vibes he sense right in his.
Speaker 2: Head so bad.
Speaker 1: But also our writer Jam pointed out that on Twitter he's been correct. Patrick Stewart actually played Othello in nineteen ninety seven in a production in a production with reverse casting where he was the only white person in the cast and everyone else was black.
Speaker 4: Right, they could still maintain like the sort of the overall tension of Othello of someone who is probably an out group.
Speaker 1: Maybe say something interesting without without black face, without black face.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but are you telling me it's just like the way he says, You're like, shut up, Richard Dreyfus, you're finding her who gonna vomit?
Speaker 1: It makes me want to vomit. Okay, I do think we need to add the it makes me want to vomit to board like that just feels like it was he said that to make me vomit.
Speaker 2: It really does have like shock jock in.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they make me vomit. Okay, they make me vomit.
Speaker 4: But so uh great defender of the status quo and obviously, I mean, why didn't he bring up Robert Downey juniors thunder?
Speaker 7: I mean, wow, you're have you the Richard Dreyfus really.
Speaker 4: Isn't even up on all the modern blackface. Uh, you know Jimmy Kimmel is Karl Malone. That's right, you know, some of the greatest performances we've ever seen from fuking idiots, shockingly recently. Yeah, are you telling me that I would not be able to play Draymond Green if I wanted to in his biopic? No, I reject that notion. I'm an artist.
Speaker 5: I can kick with the best of them.
Speaker 1: Yes, this wokeness is a problem that you're going to ignore until it swims up and bites.
Speaker 2: You on the asp or I die or I al.
Speaker 7: I just die and.
Speaker 5: Stop being so fussy fussy old dick, that's what.
Speaker 7: I Yeah he is dread Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he doesn't seem like he's Yeah, he seems dusty and pretty dusty, like he's seen a lot of moisture.
Speaker 4: Like when he talks, like it's like when you eat a bunch of saltines, like just a dust company because your mouth can't absorb.
Speaker 2: Part mummy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's doing the gradual natural mummification process.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he shout out to art though. Also watching the I was looking at like Olivier as a fellow. My god, y'all, it ain't.
Speaker 2: It's not that you don't want.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like mid, like so many people have done a fellow really well, it's pretty mid.
Speaker 4: Oh it's mid as fuck. And then you just can't get past the black face. It's like so bad. You're like, I'm sorry, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's now general. No, all of that fucked.
Speaker 22: So has set me on the rack swag.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, looks like a fucking how about this right here?
Speaker 22: Oh my god, farewell content.
Speaker 2: Oh it's straight up like the big walls.
Speaker 4: It's like shoe grease.
Speaker 2: It's like black face.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it ain't. It ain't like here's a skin tone right, They're like, how about we how about we take a bunch of lead pencil shavings and use that as your foundation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like the ship from like Al Jolson, Like it looks like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's black face, darling, and I will have you no farewell fruits and the big walls that make really.
Speaker 7: Yes amazing makes me vomit, Yeah, makes me vomit.
Speaker 22: The nets could go over eighty two, and I'm smiling at you like that shit's gravy because me and my nah nice fellows in Paris.
Speaker 2: Okay, I couldn't go that far.
Speaker 4: I'm sir.
Speaker 1: Lloyd's all right. That's gonna do it. For this week's weekly Zeitgeist. Please like and review the show if you like, the show means the world demiles. He needs your validation, folks. I hope you're having a great weekend, and I will talk to him Monday. By